[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 123 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

File: 1632220118089.png (494 KB, 512x512)
494 KB
494 KB PNG
What do you think about the new update anon?
>>
good? I was a bit disappointed that the massive focus in the leak for NV didn't make it into the update
>>
Can I make a brown tomboy country to truly live up to Tandi's dreams?
>>
File: Screenshot (936).png (3.43 MB, 1920x1080)
3.43 MB
3.43 MB PNG
I like that the Rot Purgers got a focus tree and I'm interested what content will be given to these nations.
>>
>>1078219
So whats new? NCR and core states got new tree,s and the great plains got filled in? Whats the interesting new nations there, the changelog just has a massive list of nation names
>>
>>1078437
MacArthur is mod's first Enclave country, Montana Brotherhood is their rival. The Cause is the splinter of the Washington Brotherhood who can take their place. Guardians, Kaga, Rogue Rangers, TV Town and the 5th one in the area all have focus trees.
NCR and Lost Hills BoS got massively reworked, Legion got a minor rework of the battle for the dam. Shi now has a focus tree.
That's about all I can remember.
>>
>>1078444
I saw people talking about them removing the Enclave from New Reno and moving it to MacArthur,
>>
>>1078451
Oh yeah, forgot about New Reno, they got a rework as well and Renoclave is gone, with Salvatore becoming an advisor for MacArthur. Mordinos are also no longer part of New Reno instead being in I believe The Den.
>>
>>1078219
Is this kreia?
>>
File: 1536514134172.jpg (10 KB, 250x202)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>1078219
I THINK OWB SUCKS
>>
>>1078451
Those with trees in no particular order.
>Standing Rock
Lakota who intend to thunder across the plains once more. Very conquest focused.
>Far Son and Highland Watch
Molemen nation and their warring native/cowboy neighbor. Both have small shared trees.
>Montana Chapter
Traditionalist midwestern BOS vs. girlboss tribal reformists.
>Macarthur
The last Americans, vanguard and resource extraction operation of the Chicago Enclave. Also currently broken as their decisions don't work and you can never unlock the ability to build new divisions.
>Big Grass and Strathcommune
Communist robobrain bent on turning everyone else into brain bots alongside a remnant of the Canadian Peoples Front.
>Republic of Three Rivers
Breakaway nation from the larger Kingdom of Manitoba. Manitoba being ruled by the last ghoulified Prime Minister of Canada.
>Roach King
One man and a million domesticated radroaches.
>Vault 37
Diet Hellfire. Choice of an evil AI Overseer or vault dwellers.
>>
Why is there either 0 or 1 building slots all over the montana area. It’s bullshit i wanna build up some industry
>>
>>1078245
that should be coming in 4.1. it wasn't finished in time for 4.0.
>>
None of the original factions fits the Fallout feel in this mod. You can't change my mind.
>>
>>1078586
yeah it’s basically a visual novel for the montana chapter. Haven’t tried any other factions yet. Really fucking lame OCs so far
>>
>>1078219
How do i create units as MacArthur? Ive already wiped out the montana brotherhood and done most of the focus tree
>>
>>1078632
you can’t. it’s unfinished
>>
>>1078245

Wasn't done in time.
>>
Did the Rockeeteers ever get their tree finished and re added back into Texas area?
>>1078632
It's unfinished. That region of the map is for 5.0
It's basically a teaser of things to come ahead of time.

4.0 was all about West Coast overhaul.

5.0 is full work put into the map zone that was added.

6.0 is Caribbean,Florida(likely),fixing the southern Mexican nations and the rest of south US along with the full naval rework being added.
>>
>>1078405
>Costa Rica capital

Is that a mistake?
>>
>>1078704
Nothing for the Rockets so far. Carthaginians, Petro Chico, and Paulus all got trees thou.
>>
>>1078219
The NCR rework itself was overall really bad, speaking truthfully.
All of the war is split off into vassal proxy wars, so there is not much to do for several years - I enojyed Hayes' path but there were a lot of bugs that I had to cheat to actually complete.
Worse, the Brahmin Baron path for the North State for the civil war included was not actually completely, so it is currently just a trap path for an unironic Ayn Rand objectivism meme path that does not integrate into the lore well at all.

There were a few things I did like, I enjoyed how the vassals I carved out of the legion turned into random vassals (so you end up with several civilian collaborators, but a lot of brahmin baron and military fiefdoms), but overall I am worried with how unpolished this update felt. I understand wanting to get the release out sooner rather than later, but this felt more like beta testing.

Also I hated the change of Elijah's Portrait, but last I heard that is almost immediately getting reverted
>>
Just started a playthrough as TV Town... really liking what they've done with the UI so far
>>
>>1078219
FODD > vanilla HoI > nothing > any fucking other Fallout mod
>>
>>1078706
yeah that is a thing with many nation like Macarthur's capital being Kuwait
>>
>>1078245
>s in the leak for NV didn't make it into the update
What's that?
>>
>>1078738
A lot of stuff was unfinished aswell and will be added in 4.1 including the New Vegas overhaul.
The map maker is now working on the 6.0 caribbean/gulf coast map after releasing 5.0's western Canadian map early for this update in which they also overhauled the map for the west coast.

I'm just glad to see a major update. Last one was 18 months ago.

Now if only TNO can do the same, it's not had a content patch since November 2020.
>>
>>1078219
Where did the chinese nations north of Dog city go? Also a lot of stuff is just plain missing or broken. Should have postponed the release a bit more and atleast make the nations playable.
>>
>>1078219
Still don't care about NCR
Western BoS is fucking boring
New Reno tree isn't really better than the old one + tourism is broken
Vault City new tree is meh
Still waiting for new New Vegas tree
TVTown you spend the first two years doing nothing but waiting for focuses to complete, then die the moment you're attacked unless you take a specific path.
5.0 map is full of generic trees and doesn't have any trade nodes
>>
>>1079151
there was a massive and I mean massive placeholder focus tree for new vegas in the pre release leak of a testing build here on vst a few weeks ago.
>>1079265
second this. it's only logical that the real spicy shit you can only have in the midwest because that's the place chinese nukes wouldn't hit as much, the place where you'd expect america to persist more than even in the capital and california. We've gotten a taste of that with the backstory of the BoS fighting the mutants in Texas, as buggy even as that stuff was.

Fallout Tactics was the second ever fallout game after NV I played back in 2012 and to see the content pushed back and even retconned by fucking bethesda is really sad to see.
>>
>>1078219
It crashes for me
>>
>>1078219
where did the Great Khans go?
>>
>>1079364
they're the Northern Khans now, out in (Wyoming I think), and have a core on Bitter Springs
>>
The thing I dislike most about this after testing most of the new focus trees is that all the minors focus trees just end with you attacking the New Cal republic which honestly the laziest way of saying: hey, you won!
Why don't the Nevada factions have a form nevada state option, an option to go east and north rather than trying the impossible in attacking the lore wise most prosperous and powerful state in the us beside caesars legion?
why can't Kaga say, fuck arroyo, I'm doing my own thing now! and become chief of Nevada? Why can't the rangers form their own nevada republic? you could just copy past most of the scripts??
>>
>>1078219
Is this mod any good? I hate Hoi4 because its a shallow piece of shit only the combat has any depth because diplomacy with AI is literally impossible and there is 0 economy besides factories that build more guns and other strategies have better combat so why the fuck would I bother playing some dumbass strategy game with unequal spawns that takes 8 hours to finish. I just want there to be 1 redeeming factor about hoi4.
>>
>>1079574
Very good, but a mod isn't going to change the base game to an entirely new game. So no, you won't like it.
>>
>>1079574
If you don't like hoi4 then no amount of mods will fix the game for you or make you enjoy it. The mod is usually good but if you don't like the game you won't like the mod.
>>
>>1078219
I think they should spend less time adding in interesting meme nations that serve no reason other than to die, and finish the fucking map instead. I hate 3 state "countries" but I hate it more when they have an interesting blurp and no content.

Also they did my Gate boys dirty
>>
>>1078219
>play enclave
>like two focuses for wargoals
>a Hispanic woman is in charge of the famously purist Enclave
>constantly mentions Chicago, has no bearing on the game
>0 tech advantages to being them
Yeah fuck that. Might try the vault nation they added as vault tec shenanigans could be fun, anyone played em?
>>
>>1079614
>a Hispanic woman is in charge of the famously purist Enclave
They were purist against mutants anon
>>
>>1079621
Not him but yeah I was always under the impression that so long as you
>Weren't a godless commie
>Love the U S of A more than you love the concept of breathing
>Weren't mutated or were at least useful to the enclave if you're Horrigan
You were enclave material.
>>
>>1079626
It's been a while since I played the fallout games. Why did they gun down those vault dwellers in the opening cutscene again? You'd think they'd support untouched American culture.
>>
>>1079626
I always got more of a 50's CIA gone rogue for the Enclave. 50's CIA was pretty much a white man's world
>>
>>1079621
>>1079626
>>1079636
I always got the impression that late 21st century USA was only racist against the Chinese/Asians, and that despite the retrofuturism, Blacks and Hispanics were fine so long as they weren't goddamn commies
>>
>>1079631
Honestly not sure/I've always written it off as the enclave deeming them impure since they opened the vault/them being comically evil since they're the bad guys.
>>
>>1079631
>>1079657
Isn't that Vault 13?
>>
>>1079648
>>1079626
Fallout 2 was made in 1998, stuff that expanded on old world USA is made from up to 2008 to 2020

1998 USA and 2020s USA are particularly two different cultural beasts and it will show in the writing even if the canon is still the same — hence the sort of schizo unclarity with this
>>
>>1079673
>1998 USA and 2020s USA are particularly two different cultural beasts
Obviously true!
Though when it comes to "Enclave Officer has a Hispanic-sounding name" I don't think it'd really matter that much?

Also, wasn't there a low-level Enclave guy called "Raul" in 2?
>>
>>1078219
Its buggy as shit and now lags like shit with all of the new meme nations, plus you have retarded shit like TV town where you get attacked before you can even finish your focuses and get rid of the debuff, I dont think they even bothered testing this at all
>>
>>1079760
They really need to reduce the amount of time you spend on ideas unlocking yourself as TV Town. You’re basically stuck with 2 6-wide regiments for at least 2 years until you can even begin producing a stockpile.
At the moment you can only play them if you cheat
>>
TVT filtering people, you have to get good and stop producing level 5 implants you dummies. /vst/ showing how they barely understand the games they complain about.
>>
>>1079848
Yeah im sure using one of your two factories to make guns instead of implants as you get attacked by the guardians blob with your -100% debuff would really help
>>
>>1079855
Debuff should be mostly gone and you can buy guns lol.
>>
So EaW is focused on unique gameplay and extensive focus trees with branching paths
What does OWB focus on?
>>
>>1079621
And highly nationalistic over what their idea of a true american is
>>
>>1079984
Fun.
>>
>>1079682
>Though when it comes to "Enclave Officer has a Hispanic-sounding name" I don't think it'd really matter that much?
Not at all really! The only difference is that the 1990s culture might depict the person as a white Hispanic (unless they intentionally are leaning into a stereotype) while a 2020s culture is more likely to make them indo as fuck unless they are explicitly white Hispanic
Even in 1997 California was still a diverse place, so Shady Sands for example has a lot of Indian references — it is just that the way diversity itself is depicted has changed
>>
>>1079682
It doesn't matter to be frank. But the Enclave in canon is the cream of the crop politically and scientifically from prewar US. Fallout isn't supposed to be racist, but when you culturally go with a 50s and 60s vibe you'll only find white men in power, and those are mostly people from very established families who we suppose if the 50s go on forever also stay in power like that. How do you suppose a structure like Enclave could come into being in the first place? The 70s were a big deal socially, culturally and societally, computers and the internet were a big deal, social mobility enabled and acceptance slowly being spread by people who grew up in that decade, who accidentally taught their kids, who taught at schools and universities also. Even thirty years ago this was a white man's world through and through... All of the events didn't happen in Fallout.

The Wasteland however makes people equal, gives equal chances to everyone, so much is logical, yet why would the only remnant of old order, the people forming a quasi aristocracy even in pre war American because of the continuation of the still very traditionally European family and power mechanics present in upper class families in the 50s, patriotism is a very sort of lower class thing you know, suddenly change when they didn't even leave the Rig canonically until ten or so years before Fallout 2? Hell, they didn't know what Super Mutants were!

Isn't that fine when the Enclave is supposed to be the baddies anyways? Why are the devs trying to put in the bad faction they don't like only in a way that makes them likable to their own biases, so no longer bad in their eyes? I'm fine with that Montana stuff when I at least get my Fallout lore to make up for it. The Lone Rangers being named Abigail whatever? C'mon, you could've just left the figure mysterious, gender-less even, anonymous, but you had to make it girl boss, you just had to. Even when that doesn't matter to the story.
>>
There is only vegas and always will be vegas, enclave can come to but only if vegas is independent state within the USA and house is the minster of economics.
>>
There is a correlation between autism and loving New Vegas.
>>
I've been clicking around the map and there's way more mission trees than last big update in the already made areas. Stuff like Arroyo, and some other ones around there that I didn't know about.
>>
>>1078873
>FODD
Best choice, truly a great mod.
Still impressive that it's still being worked on despite being older than Fallout 3.
>>
File: Fo2 Intro Avellone.jpg (219 KB, 1080x720)
219 KB
219 KB JPG
>>1079631
>Why did they gun down those vault dwellers in the opening cutscene again?
No one knows
>>
>>1079988
But lore wise they will take a pure Hispanic untouched by the fallout over the most Aryan American if he was born on the wastes.
>>
File: US Generals.png (1.7 MB, 1257x938)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB PNG
>>1079673
>>1079682
>>1080182
>>1080192
It should be noted that the Fallout world didn't just stop progressing through history after 1959, It experienced alot of events from our timeline such as the Vietnam war but just with the culture of the 50s permeating throughout it. All the subsequent military reforms after the 50s such as the don't ask don't tell rule and removing female soldier limitations occurred so you shouldn't focus too much on the aspect of race or 1950s attitudes to sexuality and gender affecting the 2070s US Military/Government outside of the asian discrimination. You could take most post-vietnam war American military personnel, stick them in G.I. fatigues, and they would fit in the Fallout lore.
>>
>>1078219
Mossmans and moores path is kino
>>
File: 20220603185658_1.jpg (686 KB, 2560x1440)
686 KB
686 KB JPG
first time playing this mod, firstly its slow as fuck with my very good cpu

im playing as some radical sisterhood of steel yaass qween dont need no evil white man who writes this shit? im fully expecting some tranny focus
>>
>>1080458
Stop complaining chud.
>>
>>1080458
They have managed to change key characteristics of actual factions like the Legion and implement their garbage oc factions with shit like your image. All this without even having any part of the East Coast implemented because of their focus on awful fanfiction.
>>
File: 20220603191921_1.jpg (693 KB, 2560x1440)
693 KB
693 KB JPG
>she's a star :)
>her fiery spirit brings out the best in us :))

this is not the fallout universe i remember lol, this is all lovely dovey fluffy shit lmao
>>
Uhh what

The only exiting thing from the leaked built was Vault 37, it was darker then this gay leftist propaganda bullshit you call the montana chapter. Gg on corrupting this project 'girl boss'. Kys
>>
>>1078585
So why release it retard
>>
>>1079243
Dev making them got banned from the mod. He keeps saying it'll be a submod. Like we give about retarded submods
>>
>>1080567
>Dev making them got banned from the mod
What did he do?
>>
>>1079848
Trans squad representing! <3 I love that you take no shit from anybody and are trying to out the white men from the mod. THANK YOU! Can't wait to see more anti cis white men content like Montana. Loving it sooooo much xxx
>>
File: dg668.jpg (7 KB, 199x216)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>montana sisterhood supports the rights of trans folks, happy pride month!

well that was a strange random event
>>
>>1080478
Dev should've gone for the EaW team not fuckin Fallout.
>>
>>1080612
Fuck off. I bet you're a straight white man. Do you even know the privilege you have? You should kill yourself like the kicked dev did. The world would be a better place.

Now if only Key would be kicked for his use of the word 'tranny'. The Colonel for how rude he is and Meldanen for his jokes. I bet it'll happen though, I believe in this team! They'll make a good example of the first paradox modding team to fully embrace the world as it should be. #GirlBoss #EqualityForWomen #FlowerPower4HeadDev
>>
File: 53513513.png (446 KB, 1009x579)
446 KB
446 KB PNG
>>1080621
I could take violet's head and crush it like a fucking walnut
>>
>>1080633
My god I just checked the discord an entire army of orbiters... Such power he/she is impervious to criticism no wonder the rest of the cuck Devs have been pussy whipped
>>
>>1080571
His story had rape and shit for his nations. Its the dude they made a document on and doxxed. Didn't know he killed himself, what a faggot. Let's not forget him, pussy whipped to death by trannies.
>>
File: dev.png (55 KB, 749x256)
55 KB
55 KB PNG
>>1080637
She also made herself a reddit post for all to praise her. Delusional devs all around.
>>
File: 6sbla80j1q071.jpg (119 KB, 1080x879)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>1080665
Where is the Sneedclave when you need it
>>
>>1080615
You've never played EaW, haven't you?
>>
>>1080621
Can't tell if you're trolling or actually this delusional.
In either case, go back. vst is a wholesome guys club
>>
>>1080423
>but just with the culture of the 50s
yeah but the 50s were racist as fuck and all the canon upper class are white males, sneering imperialists and techno pilled tycoon gentlemen.
>>
>>1080349
Fucking lol. Ok glad I'm not alone.
>>
>>1078444
macarthur is a muh refugee female leader nation ie one of the gay ones
>>
>>1080182
shut the fuck up fag, the enclave is WASP central pure 50s aesthetic you are obviously some tranny dev coping
>>
>>1080765
sneed
>>
>>1078219

god i cant wait to get banned on the subreddit because of the shilling itt
>>
>>1080615
>EaW
that mod is actually based unlike this trash
>>
>>1080378
>Dick Richardson
>Frank Horrigan
>Douglas Granite
>Arch Dornan
martha santiago
>>
>>1080378
pseudo hypotheticals.
do you know what form without content is? it's empty.
>>
>>1080968
>>1080718
Explain, I'm curious despite ponies
>>
>>1078444
Is it just me or is TV Town fucked? Unless the AI stalemates in uniting ranger land forever they will be justifying on you before you can even remove the crippling malus' you start with. And even if you manage to get a few divisions out (Lol, enjoy needing implants for fucking everything) you only have two provinces so they can just cycle attack you until you de-org.
>>
>>1078507
Tell me about the Roach King, how does that work?
>>
>>1081000
EaW despite >ponies is a very well put together mod where the fact it's essentially 90% OC content allows them to make a bunch of interesting nations with good focus trees and a lot of variety in terms of ideology and how they play. Griffonia is probably the single best playground put together for a HOI4 mod, imo.
>>
>>1081294
I honestly believe it's to the mods advantage that it has ponies, the suspension of disbelief for different paths is far easier that way.
When you're playing a group of griffons that fight humanoid dogs and magical horsies, the fact that your leader is a madman that unleashed a bioweapon to cleanse his home of ponies doesn't seem that weird anymore.
Their latest TNO April's fool also convinced me that they have a better idea what made people enjoy that mod compared to the tno devs.
Doesn't hurt that those autists managed to stay basically drama free and away from current politics as far as I know.
>>
>>1081371
how come 4chan bronies are drama free while reddit bronies are such human trash? the obvious leddit aside, I thought bronies transcended platform boundaries through their autism
>>
>>1081409
Most 4chan bronies are from eastern europe and most reddit bronies are from western europe or america.
>>
>>1081201
I've noticed that when I was attacked by the raider gang I was unable to core the land I took from them because they somehow took away the core on my capital. So I had no route from my capital to their land and therefore couldn't core them to progress the focus tree. I don't know if their focus removes the core or if I didn't start with one and never noticed.
>>
>>1081409
reddit does that to people
>>
File: 1585221608494.png (148 KB, 410x598)
148 KB
148 KB PNG
>>1078357
>>
>>1079984
If anything, OWB is the mod that focuses on unique gameplay with completely redone tech tree, the refugee system(which was copied into EAW), scavenging, caps system, a very different take on doctrines, etc.
>>
>>1081608
>refugee system
One of biggest and pointless bloat systems I know of desu, I also think it's disabled by default in EaW
Also I wouldn't say that economy systems are anything unique nowadays, the one in OWB is actually pretty bad when compared to most that I know of with it being mostly useless
>>
>>1081674
this x100
>>
>>1081674
>I also think it's disabled by default in EaW
Correct.
Part of the reason why I like EaW so much, compared to the other conversion mods it actually runs halfway decent.
>>
>>1078219
The Desert Rangers need more than one filler tech tree and their should be late unlocks for either PA support or Vehicles.
>>
>>1079848
Have you ever played Tv town?
>>
Reminder that if you eant to play the proper enclave you should play as sons of kaga or eureka for proper mutie killing. MCArthur was an accidental release according to the devs and serves as an unfinished teaser.

I like the mod but i too feel this was a weak update. But Chicagoclave is coming soon tm and i will endure. Semper Fi anons.
>>
File: Screenshot (937).png (3.56 MB, 1920x1080)
3.56 MB
3.56 MB PNG
It's doable you just need to switch to mark 2 cybernetics buy guns from the gun runners (make sure to get the guy that gives you positive opinion with them). Make 10 more 12 width divisions and hold two tiles
>>
>>1080469
I finally realised this when they teased Florida as being the first east coast update and not, you know, the part of the East Coast we've actually seen in two games. Like just let us play as the eastern BOS, Eastern Enclave, vault 87 mutants, commonwealth etc I didn't like the games but I can see their potential for OWB
>>
>>1082385
>teased Florida as being the first east coast update
Lmao
I wonder, is it because "muh NV", "muh fanfiction", both or something else?
>>
>>1078219
The tools making this mod unironically hate the lore about the classics like the Enclave and Bos
>>
>>1082473
This, if they wanted their own post apo mod with their zany factions they should have made it separate from Fallout.
Instead of adding million nations devs should have had stuck with lore factions, included some kind of colonization mechanic and maybe nation forming mechanic (legion being created, vegas BoS splitting up etc)
>>
>>1082488
i think they could have made zany factions and still be faithful to the majors, but they actively call the Enclave and Bos "boring" and complain about the enclave being so heckin cringe, despite it being a fan favourite for their evilness. It needs a dev revolution
>>
>>1082492
>OWB devs
Enclave is too evil to be fun, let's not develop it
>EaW devs
How do I make releasing genocidal plague fun?
>>
>>1082488
>>1082492
Their attitude towards the fallout factions is the main issue. Wouldn't surprise me if they go the same route as red flood with a purge of the oldfags.
Think it also show with the player base, most of them preferring ERB's "wholesome and inclusive" reformer path.

Fallout Doomsday is a good example how to do it right.
As a 2006 mod they mainly relied on oc factions and a custom timeline and they still made it work.
>>
>>1082600
its so gay when you have all those dorks extoling the reformer path of ERB like its not the gayest and i would say least popular path of that mod, its just them being "oh so proper" to their tranny mods.
>>
>>1082447
Literally fanfiction wank, they hold fanfic contests in their discords for a chance for you nation to be in the game yet they don't add focus trees lol
>>
>>1082473
tbf everyone hates the original lore. The literal owners of the game are trapped by "well the brotherhood of steel was a very specific thing with a very specific origin and reason for existence, and they're basically gone, but we have to include them because they were the coolest part of the setting, gotta find some way to jam them in ANYWHERE THERE'S A FALLOUT GAME"
That's why there's like ten brotherhood of steel factions
>>
>>1082810
trust me, looking at the newly added montana brotherhood and its "sisterhood of steel" bullshit, its not coming from a genuine place, also the new enclave itself is half pozzed.
>>
>>1078219
got banned on their reddit and disord for calling ERBs mutant apartheid more thematic for the faction and calling their sisterhood of steel cringe. discord faggots never fail
>>
just waiting for them to finish the map so i can just remove all their faggot OC and fix those shitty focus trees, so the entire game is just war goals and conquest
the new art is dogshit too
>>
>>1083023
and i’ll remove there useless refugee and caps system too. Wtf is this micromanagement
>>
>>1082492
Viva La Revolution

they added 2 many new devs in a short time and they are all part of the same clique, r u surprised they did a broken update and dont want to add evil factions? theyre snowflakes
>>
>>1082959
if youre not being a lying faggot, then yikes. the devs are super cringe. cant take any comments. maybe dont make a shit mod retards
>>
>>1082810
>everyone hates the original lore
is everyone your fucking clique? what the hell

Everyone who played the original Fallout before Bethesda released theirs would stand by that. And trust me a lot of people here have, back in the mid 2000s those were just "cheap old games" you could play on your dad's used laptop.
I'd bet that most of the devs haven't played Fallout 1 or 2, haven't played Tactics, haven't even look at anything else, watched none of the pop culture referenced and the inspirations, the same goes for bethesda too. Why would you expect those people to know what original Fallout was about?
I'm not even attacking them as people, they simply don't know better. Let those people watch Mad Max, Westerns, Samurai movies and some 50s media, history and get a feel for that it, then drop them in a national park and in the actual mojave and if they're around 20 or so they'll find something creative and interesting about it, wander about and get interested in plants. This is how media is created. You can't just sit down at a desk and "imagine" something. Descartes didn't just imagine a prima philosophia, he had read everything there was before and probably sat there after or not long after having read a book, he after all wrote down what he thought. Picasso did not splash colour before knowing how to paint. This break in process, this break in the living progress of the individual subject is why so much media is so shit today, why it all feels artificial. Do you think Joyce just sat down and thought it would be cool to write about Aquinas a lot? No, he cared about that, he lived it. Shakespeare is his own grandfather, ideas are not to be had, ideas are beyond just imagination, we can support that also with neuroscience if you'd wish to engage in scientism.
>>
>>1083149
I mean, when you grow up in a fucking office of course you're neutered. When you spend all day in your room larping with people not inside the room with you that's almost mental illness, hell, it sure presupposes or creates an inclination. And this isn't about your room being tidy or you being a useless person, or any other of those pedagogical peterson-isms, a lot of useless people spend a lot of time outside their rooms, but rather it is about how they and how you or anyone spends their time.

Have you ever just walked around in the immediate vicinity of where your apartment or house is, granted that you don't live in a nu-neutered suburb, and even there maybe a wood is nearby, who knows, and look at stuff? Look at how a building is constructed, compared two houses to each other.
That is curiosity, that is engaging with something. Before you can start making objective and logical judgments about media, media encapsulating moments of society, you better know what independent thought is, how creativity is represented in human habitats, how everyone around you is a person.

This is all very ranty, but the general point is also a critique of why this mod is bad, why, as I said, many "things" are bad now.
I will fully admit that I sit too much in my own room, that it is now 5 am and that I cannot sleep; yet I at least try to live like I preach when I leave the house.
>>
>>1083149
>>1083152
who fucking knows these posts are based or not
>>
>>1083152
>>1083149
bruh, the brotherhood of steel was very cool in f1
it had an origin, a purpose, a destination. You can understand where it came from, why it existed, and what it was.
In fallout 2 it had less of a role. this was the natural result of its trajectory.
Then Fallout Tactics. Okay, they want to include it? Well... kind of. Sure. Fine. One break. It's not inconceivable that they could do some Damnation Alley shit and cross the country in jankass airships. They are the last people with high tech in the world (other than the enclave). It's fine, I guess.
Fallout 3? God no. You used your one. Fuck off.
Fallout NV? Again.

One fork was fine. Okay. Sure. But after that you're just including the BoS because it's a fallout game and that's what's supposed to be in a fallout game. Ignoring the irrelevance of the BoS in 2, ignoring their terminal decline, ignoring that they're no longer supported by a well thought out purpose, existence, etc in the setting. They're not there because they narratively make sense, they're there because it's impossible to explain to some cigar-chomping exec why those cool guys on the cover aren't going to be in the game. They're there because they're one of the stock features of a fallout story, like radiation or vaults. And you can't have a fallout story without vaults or radiation.

You trace it back to the modders but this rot existed before them.
>>
>>1083242
The brotherhood works fine and were improved with the additions. They're clearly defined as being the last remnant of human civilization pre-war and act like it. They're the counterpart to the enclave. All the other factions are wastelander savages.
>>
Needs a redux
>>
>>1082959
>ERB
who?
>>
>>1083280
literally every redux out there is jank shit
>>
>>1083363
enclave reborn mod i think
>>
>>1082959
Nah you got a timeout for being an asshole to a mod that asked you to calm down. The content of what you were arguing about is meaningless.
You also sparged out at the dev who made ERB and told him he needed to play the mod he made to get a better idea of how to make enclave factions.
>>1083137
Comment away all you like just don't cry when you get shown the door for repeated personal attacks.
>>1083242
brainlet take.
>>1083280
We love seeing submods, go for it!
>>
>>1083528
are you guys gonna work on reducing bloat? cause currently that's my biggest issue, like in all honesty montana just did not need to be added while factions like arroyo and shi are practically unfinished and new vegas is getting left behind hard, Not to mention the focus trees that are in the game are bloated beyond belief, lost hills research section has like 6 branches, 2 years worth of focuses only for a few +20% research tech boosts

i love the mod and it's literally the only thing i play on the rare occasion i boot up hoi4 but fuck me, for a patch that was supposed to be about fixing up what was there instead of adding on it didn't seem to do much of that.
>>
>>1083540
We are going to continue to add nations until the map is filled in. In terms of the quality of specific nations that is a very valid criticism. Bringing specific arguments about poorly balanced focuses is the most helpful feedback we can get. Of course I do have to say that the mod team in general is Anti-4chan so I would recommend that you present your feedback on the discord.
I am not sure if Arroyo and Shi are finished or not I would have to ask the dev in charge of them but I know that the Vegas tree was just not finished in time for the update. It is still being worked on.
I will say that in the team there is a general feeling that reworks of old areas are something we need to move on from, there is a desire to push east now that will likely inform the general disposition of future updates. That is not to say that old areas won't be changed or updated, it just requires a dev have a particular interest in working on it. Like in the last update there was a Petro Chico focus tree added purely because a dev wanted to do it.
As an aside we are working on a game setting that will merge sections of the map into a single country to speed up the game. If you are playing in Texas then you can merge Canada together to make the game run faster.
>>
>>1083614
I have to agree with the other guy. The Brotherhood of Steel was dropped hard.
Though there is something promising with the potential of you helping the others out - the problem I mainly have with that is that your paladins are so much stronger to anything that's not the NCR or Caesar that you can blow up entire theaters with your volunteers. And then you're just a tiny bunker circle while your offshoots own entire quarters of the map.

If the idea is that at the end you just diplo-annex them I find it sort of cringe. The BoS-NCR war is defacto still ongoing, New Vegas outright states this. The Mojave Chapter is quite literally a newly arrived branch of the Western Brotherhood sent because Elijah was making too much of a ruckus. If they had enough manpower to give a disgruntled heretic/rabblerouser east to fight one of the largest battles in their history supposedly, would they not have considerable strength left themselves? But the Mojave-Lost Hills factions are exactly comparable, and there is no war in sight. The 'ceasefire' is a farce since it's just a peace, the NCR will never interact with you.

I think this should be significantly changed. The Brotherhood should still be a large impact in the Maxson territories and surrounding environs, Maxson is not considered a state for a reason by the NCR. Just my thoughts, I find playing as them extremely boring and cucked.
>>
>>1083623
Not an unreasonable bit of criticism, there is an awareness that Lost Hills needs work in the team or at least a buff for the NCR-Brotherhood war so there are changes in the pipeline. They might not address all of your points however.
>>
>>1083614
>in general is Anti-4chan so I would recommend that you present your feedback on the discord
I don't like discords
>>
>>1083627
Is there going to be another look at New Canaan? They went from being one of the funnest nations to play to being one of the most boring. They may have been overpowered on launch but now you spend most of the game with your thumb up your ass waiting on the white legs to do stuff. They suffer from the problem that vanilla Great Britain experienced in base game Hoi4 pre rework. There's a lot of waiting and doing nothing with New Canaan now whereas in the past you could be more dynamic.
>>
>>1083614
>We are going to continue to add nations until the map is filled in.
Please, *please* be careful with this. If I didn't like the mod I wouldn't care but if there is too much focus on filling out everything you will be left with a shallow puddle everywhere — uniornicly recommend taking notes on how EaW first focused on making sure major powers had deep content before filling out the rest
>>
>>1083528
>asshole to a mod
Please, i called some dork trying to big time as a discord mod cringe and powertripping, changing the reasons for banning me on the fly. you are faggots dominated by trannies but i didnt say that now did i?
>>
File: gmccjgnp2y391.jpg (203 KB, 2126x1187)
203 KB
203 KB JPG
>>1078219
Here's some deletion worthy content on the subreddit
>>
Who writes this shit?
>>
File: Capture.png (13 KB, 528x120)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>1083767
The twitter/reddit chimera
>>
>>1083755
>Please, i called some dork trying to big time as a discord mod cringe and powertripping, changing the reasons for banning me on the fly.
The reason was not changed, mod asked you to stop being inflammatory and you did some reddit clapback shit. You then got a timeout, you are not perma banned as far as I know. Next time try not to be so cringe, you won't exactly change minds by just attacking people now will you?
>>1083736
I can only speak for myself and I fully intend to make the best possible content I can in the nations I work on.
>>1083735
There have been some devs who want to take a look now and then, the guy who was working on it left years ago and no one took it up. Hopefully it gets some love but I can't promise anything soon.
>>1083733
I get you fully but most of the devs used Discord and Reddit for everything. It's just how things are.
>>
>>1079299
Fallout Tactics was never Canon and was always dogshit. Of course a New Vegas baby would shill for it.
>>
>>1078219
>still no east coast
Yeah nah
>>
>>1083780
>you people talking about *clapbacks
Why dont you condescend again about timing me out, and them banning me all for "whining". then later banning me from the subreddit at first for calling someone an ncrlet and then for saying "apartheid" referring to the ERB path and calling the sisterhood of steel cringe.

You wont change your mind for shit no matter what, your gay nonsense is your personality
>>
>>1083790
I don't ban anyone. In fact the devs don't do any moderation at all, the moderation teams and dev teams are kept separate specifically to avoid power tripping.
As for the reddit bans? Yeah you were likely banned for stupid reasons, reddit is cancer not sure what you expect. I don't bother with it at all.
Still you do have trouble keeping your spaghetti in your pockets, this conversation alone is proof enough of that. You know that discord and reddit is hypersensitive to this shit so I find it hard to believe that you are shocked at the treatment they gave you. You knew what you were doing.
>>
>>1083794
>discord and reddit is hypersensitive
all the conceding i needed, they are massive faggots and banned me for no reason, stop sticking up for them
>>
>>1083795
not that anon but i think not autistically sperging out would help you not getting banned
>>
>>1083799
the best part? i didnt
>>
>>1083804
i sincerely doubt that
>>
>>1083806
no time to explain, i got some shilling to do
>>
>>1078219
The fact they made the Rogue Ranger specifically a woman instead of leaving it mysterious is a bit disappointing, along with their focus tree in general. Desert Rangers were basic but they were more interesting than the Rogue Rangers are currently, plus they were an actual regional power rather than in a battle royale.
>>
>>1083794
"reddit is cancer"
damn u conscending AND an asshole
>>
I wish they made this in CK3 I don't like EU
>>
>>1083810
The old Rangers were also pretty boring after taking the two raider nations down. It's not perfect but I like what they've done with the area.
>>
>>1084270
>I wish they made this in CK3
CK3 is dogshit, you are a retard.
>>
>>1083794
nta but can confirm since I got randomly banned for pointing out bugs on Lanius's focus tree due to the new dlc
>>
>>1084804
fuck you cunt sorry for having opnion doesnt make me retard ypu fat piece of shit pussy bitch
>>
>>1084270
This is HoI not EU
>>
>>1084889
Stop having retarded opinions.
>>
>>1085309
>>
I am very retarded and don't remember which faction this leader portrait the one circled in red is from.
>>
>>1085467
Shale's Army I think, It's some kind of AI that you can buy stuff from and it takes over If I remember correctly.
>>
File: 1648438771249.jpg (31 KB, 720x720)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>1085914
Thank you very much
>>
The thing that always annoys me in this mod is that new commanders for almost every faction look like hobo scav retards even when you play factions like Warden or New Vegas. Is this a technical limitation of hoi4 or are the devs to lazy to grab some random art?
>>
>>1087088
You can always edit the save to have all of your generals be of a certain type.
>>
>>1087292
>just make your own mod bro
Nah, also if you do that it breaks as soon as they change their files with a patch. Great idea.
>>
>>1085467
Shale's Army, you need to take the focus to scavenge Callix, a Vault-Tec AI, which essentially unlocks Hard Mode for them.

She becomes a levelable commander who regularly demands something for you, i.e. delete this unit, sacrifice these resources etc. Once she is upgraded enough, her previous avatar turns into your pic, and can help you find Attis corpse, gained by conquering the other texan mutant nations. Shale, Attis and Callix together take a dip into a FEV vat, changes you into a new nation with CERBERUS as leader, a Master-esque abomination with the combined strength of all three, rampaging thru the wasteland trying to assimilate everything it can find into itself.

Real talk tho, this update is really underwhelming. I get what they tried to do, but both NCR and Bos just aren't really fun to play. I hoped that we'd at least get some kino with the crazy BoS cult-leader turning everyone into crazy cyborgs, but you apparently get absolutely jack and shit.
>>
File: 1623678729648.jpg (22 KB, 391x391)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>1089874
I just did a shale's army playthrough and it was awesome. Getting Cerberus was really cool. Unfortunately the game keeps crashing now and I can't annex the rest of Texas.

>Real talk tho, this update is really underwhelming. I get what they tried to do, but both NCR and Bos just aren't really fun to play. I hoped that we'd at least get some kino with the crazy BoS cult-leader turning everyone into crazy cyborgs, but you apparently get absolutely jack and shit.
Yeah, I feel the same way. I'm also shocked at how slowly the game runs now. They added so many new nations that have no content and do nothing but slow down the game now, and while my rig isn't cutting edge, its still high end (2080ti, 32 gigs ram, AMD Ryzen 9 3950x 16 core processor.) Its a shame cause some of the new nations they've added in Canada and the Midwest look cool but theres nothing to do with them. By about five or so years ingame everything starts slowing to a halt. I really feel like the devs need to reevaulate their priorities, because as is there seems to be fair amount of fat that could be trimmed down. Theres also a ton of nations that have interesting premises but no content (Sleepers, Eden, Robot City, Chained Choir, Cypher Warband, a bunch of the nations Lanius annexes.) I'm also not the biggest fan of some of the previous reworks they've done. New Canaan is so boring to play now, and if you want to form Deseret or get Joshua Graham you HAVE to lose the initial war with the white legs. Admittedly New Canaan did use to be stupidly powerful with how easily they could snowball through puppets but it feels like they're the opposite extreme now. You can't even do any expansion or puppeting until the tail end of their tree. Its just no fun. The way supply works now post NSB makes fighting in those narrow passes in Utah hell now since theres so many bottlenecks, and I swear every single game I play the Whitelegs struggle with conquering the timekeepers.
>>
>>1083614
>dev team is anti-4chan
This explains everything you need to know about the mod.
>>
So is OWB really going to rush through filing the whole map even if it means everyone is going to be generic nation?
Wouldn't it be better to just turn the mod into battle royale one and scrap bunch of pointless mechanics so it runs better?
>>
File: Moore.png (321 KB, 548x403)
321 KB
321 KB PNG
Ugh...
>>
>>1090128
>So is OWB really going to rush through filing the whole map even if it means everyone is going to be generic nation?
I don't necessarily think so, the inclusion of the canadian and midwest nations seems to be more a means of teasing future content, which while appreciated, currently just makes the game run slower. I just wish they would focus on the already existing nations that currently have no content before filling up the map with even more work for them to do.
>>
I genuinely think the mod would be way better if it was comprised of nations with BIG focus trees like how the Enclave Reborn's focus tree was and filler nations who only had generic trees. We need more Legions with fully fleshed out trees and multiple choices and less Washington Brotherhoods with generic+ trees.
>>
>>1083614
>As an aside we are working on a game setting that will merge sections of the map into a single country to speed up the game. If you are playing in Texas then you can merge Canada together to make the game run faster.

A good idea, but desu I think the mod would be better with several scenarios for different theaters. For example a west coast scenario that goes from Arroyo to Baja, from the Pacific to the eastern border of the Legion, while also skipping Mexico. It would run smoother at least. With separate scenarios for Mexico, Canada/Seattle and Texas (with some overlaps at the borders) everyone could get their own favourites and the devs can churn out their wacky donut steeles without harming the core of the setting.
>>
>>1090200
100%
speaking of Washington brotherhood, they fucking suck. When the AI plays them they have literally lost to the dumbshit tribals they start at war with 100% of the time in my games and their focus tree is short and boring.
>>
>>1089874
I didn't even know who the fuck the cult leader was until I looked through the discord. Their tree is full of junk and takes forever.
I remember when OWB was heralded for it's zany shenanigans but it all feels so bland now. They've been hyping this update for years it seems like and it was the biggest nothingburger I've ever seen. Reminds me of how KR decided to spend the last five years reworking guetalama and Oman instead of fixing the damn world War. But in this case they've literally tackled the two foremost nations in the mod and their war is just boring. They have almost no ideas left.

If the New Vegas tree blows thats it for me.
>>
>>1090200
>>1090307
I just want an expanded focus tree for the Steam worshippers. It's a dumb fun idea.
>>
I hate how they split up the Legion and the NCR. I CAN FUCKING MANAGE MULTIPLE FRONTS
>>
>>1090842
I think it was made with coop in mind, which is cool
>>
File: Spoiler Image (769 KB, 260x173)
769 KB
769 KB GIF
>>1090446
Old World Blues Redux when
>>
>>1083775
lmao what thread is that from. What a sperg.
>>
>>1090850
Co-op works even with a continuous front, just look at how Germany is played in big MP games.
>>
>>1083614
>Bringing specific arguments about poorly balanced focuses is the most helpful feedback we can get.

Knowing this makes me want to write a critique based on the Texas factions since I want to believe someone might actually listen to it, even if they don't agree with it. Right now I haven't sat down and played every single faction in the area, but I can say Lone Star too easily becomes the NCR-of-Texas with their merge with the Texan Brotherhood, the Texan Brotherhood feels like they control too vast of territory which turns them into an economic powerhouse by proxy for what's supposed to be a "small" BoS like faction stretched thin, and the TAA's tree doesn't seem to quite fit their focus in terms of lore, pushing them to conquer a whole lot of nearby places directly.

I'd say Lone Star needs more threats to contain it since the Hand Warband fight is quick and bloody on either side and the only possible other threat they'd face would be Shale's Army assuming it conquers out of control for some time. Lanius's cohort never really becomes a big enough threat compared to how much of a powerhouse LS becomes.

The Texan Brotherhood has no real threats to itself either, none of the tribals or raiders bordering them hold a candle to their military prowess. I'd say the TB needs a National Spirit that reduces their economic capability significantly and makes it hard to maintain anything resembling a large army without support from Lone Star, which is gained by ceding some territory for them to develop. The TB might not be as "elite" as other BoS factions, but right now they feel like any other settlement but with power armor.

The TAA's focuses on conquering the Ironmongers, Shale, the RGR, and eventually Santa Anna makes them feel too blob-like rather than being a ruthless exploiting capitalist society, I'd rather see them have focuses that puppet these places or otherwise divert their resources back to the capital. Leave TAA small and let them make money and arms.
>>
>>1093018
I think Texas could only get a revamp when Midwest is added. I don't see how you could otherwise introduce a serious threat besides for Lanius that would make sense lore-wise. (Twin Mothers and Mexico shouldn't be involved at all imo.)
>>
>>1093127
It'd take more thinking than I'm willing to spend for it at the moment, but I do like the core concept of Lone Star/Texan Brotherhood, the mutant tribes (Although I think the ironmongers could be fleshed out a little more), the TAA and RGR, and even Eden and the Alamo Chapter. I just don't really like how some of them function when you get down to the fine details.

I would suggest the mod continue to shore up the core of the Fallout series, the NCR and surrounding regions, and polish the legion some more as well in terms of overall priorities, but as I understand it, places get reworked based on the whims of whatever dev feels like it at the time. So if one had a huge desire to fiddle with Texas, I wouldn't be opposed to it so long as they're not gutting the whole thing and wasting what progress was already done. I mainly want another interesting region to play with and I'm overall happy with the added lore building off of F:BoS since it wasn't a dumpster fire.
>>
File: FODD.jpg (158 KB, 1024x768)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
>>1078219
>OWB
Zoomer mod for a zoomer game, consumed by zoomers. The sole fact it runs entirely on Bethesda "canon" is disgusting by itself.
But then there is pic related, which just mogs anything Fallout related. It's only "problem" being released when majority of OWB fanbase was still shitting their diapers
>>
>>1093384
>buzzwords the post
>>
>>1093517
The only buzzword in it is "zoomer". But its nice to see you got filtered in the first sentence. Makes me wonder how are you playing OWB, if reading is hard.
>>
>>1078219
it goes all out with having cringeworthy factions
>>
File: banned.png (135 KB, 624x519)
135 KB
135 KB PNG
Another day, another good dev banned by the tranny clique
>>
>>1095048
Who?
>>
>>1095048
Wait, what happened?
>>
>>1095060
The dev that got banned in the screenshot was falsely accused by the tranny clique members of the dev team for harrasment. They took jokes and quotes out of context and spread rumours and lies about him. One example of the inappropriate remark: "What if we held hands and pushed the code to the git?".
What's worst this isn't the first time a dev was kicked/banned off the team using the same tactics. I don't know why the head people of the mod Zusk, Carpo etc. allow for this to happen a second time.
When they kicked the first , the dev that started it all left because he felt unsatisfied with the "justice".
>>
>>1095054
He lead development on something called the Plaguelands, hordes of feral ghouls fighting guys trying to stop them, a unique virus, walled off section, set in Wyoming
>>
File: trannydev.png (30 KB, 577x195)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
>>1095048
Here we have an example of a progressive developer, telling the banned one to shut up, calling him a Kraut.
>>
File: hg.jpg (393 KB, 1069x1200)
393 KB
393 KB JPG
>"Oh look, a new OWB update. I wonder what new intriguing nations they have added*
>*clicks on Heaven's Gate and starts playing*
>>
File: 1644530660530.png (246 KB, 687x458)
246 KB
246 KB PNG
>>1095147
>>1095151
>>1095155
For fucks sake, can't we have ONE good hoi4 mod that doesn't gradually self destruct?
First Kaisserreich, then Redflood, seemingly Kaiserredux, and now OWB. Is EaW next?
>>
>>1078873
The tragedy of FODD is that is has its roots in Doomsday. As such, it is stuck with bunch of shitty mechanics from 2 and then it got carried over to DH, which adds its own.
Back when 2.0 was still in development, I suggested moving to HoI3, due to better map for this sort of the map and better ability to handle research in the long term, but it fell through, and soon after 2.0 came out the project started to collapse to itself.
>>
>>1095155
Why was he calling you that
>>
>Three Rivers
>Pretty neat focus tree where you create a faction with the surrounding bits of Canada to "dismantle the tyranny of the Canadian Nobility (Manitoba)"
>Manitoba and its constituents have no focus trees so the entire campaign is pointless unless you just want to blob against countries without focus trees
>the interesting bit of the focus tree is RNG locked to some focus tree-less country doing a thing that would 100% lead to its destruction at the start of the game and you seemingly have no input in the matter
>the leader of three rivers is someone's deviantart self insert

The cool part was replacing her with a "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" type character and fighting entire wars from the air using air ships. Overall really needs some work. The massive expansion of the map is cool but pointless if there's no decent focus trees.
>>
File: Cringe.png (38 KB, 1535x121)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
Insider here
Carpo has been keeping mods in the dark about details, simply telling them Meldanen lied about being slandered and actually did the shit. Meldanen then posted screenshots like crazy of what happened.
He spoke to Zusk and Carpo and they didn't act so he blew the whistle. They banned him one day later
That Flowerpower stuff is happening in the dev channels as well and it's growing
>>
>>1095560
>flowerpower
explain
also, how ill do you think this bodes for the future of the mod?
>>
File: The Message.png (2.28 MB, 1920x1080)
2.28 MB
2.28 MB PNG
>>1095564
They make friends with other devs, coordinate. Tran was a fun guy and went bananas when he yeeted himself out of the dev team
The future will be colorful and equal and happy
>>
>>1095569
>>>/pol/
>>
File: 1649392895612.jpg (55 KB, 600x662)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>1095569
I should've fucking known OWB was going to be too nice to last. I swear as soon as I saw that Sisterhood of steel shit I got a final destination-esque feeling this mod was going to go up in flames, I just wish I had taken it seriously. Oh well, at least the mod managed to last four years before the rot set in. If we're lucky we might get a redux if things really go to shit.
>>
File: 1632985238971.png (518 KB, 555x849)
518 KB
518 KB PNG
>>1095239
EaW had managed to go through the Feb 24 things without taking a side or saying anything despite a good part of its team being Russian IIRC, they're basically invincible at this point. Also helps that all bronies are older than 21 at this point and becoming a new one is kinda like converting to Judaism at 30 as a male.
>>
>>1095574
It's mostly PR. They couldn't ban the nice but guilty people so they banned the guy who's controversial.
They are swiping it all under the rug. By the time enough people really notice the ban it's too late to cause enough carnage for the PR guys to reconsider
>>
I tried out the Montana Chapter and siding with the cis white male was actually not complete ass, even if the leader does spend too much time lamenting killing all those cringe OC's. Paladin Hayman a cute.
>>
>>1095627
>mod laments when you don't pick sisterhood of steel
talk about confirmation of cringe
>>
>>1093384
>Bethesda canon
It doesn't include any Bethesda canon, idiot.
>>
>>1097150
yes it does, i had some dev quoting fallout 76 lore at me concerning the enclave at one point
>>
>>1097150
There isn't any on the map right now but it's referenced in a couple places already. Warden and Modus, Ultracite in Vault City, Arthur/Lyons in Lost Hills, Molemen in Far Son, the Slags having started off as a branch of the Free States movement.
>>
File: Disaster.jpg (69 KB, 600x600)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>actual good mod coming through
>>
>>1097553
Wait a minute that's no horsefucker mod
>>
>>1078405
>Asskeepers
>>
File: 1572297642654.jpg (15 KB, 255x255)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>1097582
Heh
>>
>>1079265
>TVTown you spend the first two years doing nothing but waiting for focuses to complete, then die the moment you're attacked unless you take a specific path.
what's the specific path?
>>
>>1097150
WBoS has a whole focus subtree talking about them.
>>
>>1097910
>>1079265
>OWB Discord 2017
>Zapdude and several of the other original devs in general chat discussing their do's and dont's of nation/focus tree design
>one of the biggest things they reiterate is that nations should be able to expand early and often
>railroading should be avoided as much as possible, players should be able to act and diverge.
Very disappointing how this mod is now making mistakes the original devs wanted to avoid.
>>
>>1097988
TNO and its consequences have beena disaster for the human race
>>
>>1098743
Imagine getting upset about a mod that gave people new modding techniques like superevents.
>>
>>1099088
>wow how dare you point out all mods turned into books then slowly up dying after this one mod popped out
>>
File: 1620049937613.jpg (557 KB, 1260x922)
557 KB
557 KB JPG
>>1099088
>new modding techniques like superevents
>big picture with unskipable music
Ah yes truly revolutionary, whatever would we do without them?
>>
>>1095274
DH gives you options for all those flavour brigades and them genuinely affecting things, too. HoI3, with its "4 brigades to make a division +1 from tech" would never work. And while I sort of get your approach to limit that tech-teams impose, HoI3 would be incapable of pulling HoI2/DH style trees.
So basically one step forward, one step back
>>
>>1097150
Except the very premise of it is based on shit made by Todd & Co.
>>
>>1099088
>pooperevents
Reddit pls go and stay go.
>>
>>1099088
>Imagine getting upset about a mod that gave people new modding techniques like superevents.
>like superevents

Why the fuck nobody mentions endslides? It's was the best thing TNO had to offer, but you stupid, lazy and ignorant retards had to throw it away and jerk off to low effort superevents
>>
Sisterhood of Steel just seems like cringe OC garbage. Moore as head of the NCR gives me a slight erection.
>>
>>1095239
KR had drama? I thought it just had people who didn't like the direction of the mod and left to KDX.
>>
>>1099502
at least they give you the choice to kill the bitch
>>
>>1078219
there are currently 4 million enclave submods
>>
>>1080980
>Orino Moreno
>Judah Kreger
>>
>>1102393
*orion moreno
the ones you listed are also based
>>
>>1093384
>click unit
>"WE ARE ON AN EXPRESS ELEVATOR TO HELL!"
>endure this shit for 10 hours
thanks mod developers
>>
what are the best focus trees in the game?
>>
The quality of OCs have taken a massive nosedive. They were alright up till the Mexico update, but afterwards it was just fanfic that didn’t fit in the Fallout universe. Previously the more “out there” tags were sparse and few, now all of the OC tags go out of their way to be wacky and unrealistic.
>>
>>1078219
>What do you think about the new update anon?
The update is out? I'll have to check that out
>>
File: 1604845498854.png (83 KB, 259x129)
83 KB
83 KB PNG
>>1078357
>>
>>1079614
Is Enclave on the map now? Can Reno still get coup'd by the Enclave?
>>
>>1079631
Didn't they never intend on any of those vaults being useful for anything other than gathering data on how to avoid the mistakes they made in their own vaults?
>>
Is there ANY way to save this mod, or is it too far gone and too pozzed up?
>>
>>1104753
>implying that's not the best part of the mod
baka senpai desu

>>1106495
I mean you could revert to the previous update as a fork, patch it to NBS and perhaps deal with the most egregious Mexican OCs.
But there's still the issue of what to fill spaces with, which factions should exist and ultimately which donut steels are to be created.
Ultimately an issue is the mod using the entirety of north america and needing to fill it and having many small nations.
>>
>>1083149
You have some limiting presumptions on what imagination actually is and how its done.
>>
>>1083149
True original content isn't built on mere inspired derivatives.
Being influenced by things before or after likewise isn't a substitute for true creativity at large, "knowing any better" isn't enough to make a great artist or even a good one, depending on areas of expertise.
>>
>>1106961
I conquered north America several times in that mod anon
haven't touched the game in years and that voiceline is still burned into my memory
>>
File: lmb35ztuov791.jpg (781 KB, 1920x1440)
781 KB
781 KB JPG
They changed the roadmap
>>
>>1108523
we grow closer to Chicago everyday brothers
>>
File: todd.png (484 KB, 574x516)
484 KB
484 KB PNG
>>1108523
other than the Midwest it's all trash
>Northern Prairies
>The Caribbean
>Cascadia
>Gulf Coast
who asked for all this fanfic shit and where's my goddamn East Coast?
>>
>>1108523
should EAW release roadmaps?
>>
>>1108602
EAW should keep doing what it is doing and definitely not take any ideas from mods OWB
if anything OWB should start copying EAW, it'd be cool to have a Fallout mod that didn't run like shit
>>
>>1082600
>>1082622
The ERB reformer path was all good fun, but what they need now; is to update the Purity Path and give you an endgoal. Put in the same amount of effort into Purity as they did Reformer.
>>
>>1082301
All stand for the National Anthem.
God Bless the Enclave.
>>
>>1108599
>East coast
Nobody wants bethesda fanfiction.
In fact my perfect Fallout mod would include only factions from F1, F2 and FNV
>>
>>1108523
>no east coast listed
who gives a fuck about the garrubean or fulf coast, the people cry out for coast to coast america gameplay. i hate those faggots and their utter lack of taste
>>
>>1109239
they are probably doing a big rewrite because of the newest update, hope they fix purity at the same time
>>
File: .jpg (539 KB, 1920x1080)
539 KB
539 KB JPG
>>1109254
seethe about it bitch
I want my fucking Capital Wasteland sexy slaver world conquest
>>
>>1078219
a submod was posted on their reddit and they had to say "t-this is not meant to offend the heckin great devs" scum of the earth all round in this mod
>>
>>1111983
>someone outside of the mod says something.
>This is the fault of people in the mod somehow
??
>>
File: 1644398705218.jpg (1.03 MB, 1753x2334)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB JPG
Wake me up when they port to CK3
>>
>>1111997
Yes, why would they feel the need to say that if not for the devs? you see that alot with their community its all blind praise and im sure its fostered that way
>>
File: 1627358506545.gif (3.98 MB, 492x457)
3.98 MB
3.98 MB GIF
They got rid of Moore's anti-ghoul focuses.
>>
>>1113936
Why?
>>
Don't like it? Make your own mod.
>>
>>1114186
about to choke this guy out with my cock
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (56 KB, 720x514)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
am i retarded for unironically liking the lanius-diana path? going from an Alexander-like conqueror to Augustus-like state builder never fails to be fun to me

also you know lanius waifus the giant hologram lady
>>
>>1115919
She’s using you
>>
Playing Lost Hills

What the fuck were they thinking? Everything needs SO much PP and you get barely any, and theres 10 billion focuses you gotta take

On top of that, the whole shtick of it you play tall and send volunteers, but you don't even get to send volunteers when it matters, early game.

Plus the retarded AI loves to waste your maneuvers, I'm saving the SanFran brotherhood from the NCR, and I constantly have great pockets to form and the stupid bastards push it and ruin it, and now Eureka is coming and my paladins cant get out. At least I got to kill 15 divisions at once
>>
Who cares about the Caribbean? Nobody ever even plays south of the border
>>
>>1117715
Blame testers. Zusk is going to rebalance Lost Hills in an update.
>>
>>1116986
now that leads to an interesting point, if lanius is used by both diana or ceasar for their own ends, who is the better one?
Or is it better that lanius betrays ceasar and becomes his own master even tho he is a grognard with no idea how to do anything but kill?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.