[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 117 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

File: Untitled.jpg (1.19 MB, 2530x1374)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB JPG
Stupid sexy snakes
>>
>Catapult is charmed

Truly masters of seduction.
>>
Well although it's mechanical it isn't a robot.
>>
idk if I got really unlucky or what but my monkes with reincarnation would always end up trying to stab someone before dying and reincarnate as some shitty general
>>
>>1062512
>>1062529
they charm the crew
>>
>>1062512
To be honest, I'd betray my race for a sexy snek wife too.
>>
>>1063171
Sounds like you're not protecting them. Just keep them out of battle if they have destructive or mind control spells and not enough spells to avoid using them. Protect the base they're in or put them behind more lines of fighters so they never have to encounter anyone. Use them to summon guys to fight for them and as army support, not as immortal scouts.
>>
>>1062512
>seduce the catapult crew of a besieged fort
>comfortably prepare for the assault in the next few hours/days while the garrison just watches their former buddies pelt them and their fortifications with boulders from the inside of the very same fortifications
Brilliantly simple.
>>
>>1062512
Playable monkey faction! Think I'll finally have to update from CoE4. Monkeys were my favorites in Dominions.
>>
>>1063551
1 out of 2 actually, there's another coming next update
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1606340/discussions/0/3270184240646999655/
>>
Are the blessing Priest Kings and voice of El get different? As in if I capture one or the other, can I stack them or are they just the same?
>>
File: Enchanter.png (1 KB, 64x64)
1 KB
1 KB PNG
I love the idea behind Enchanter class, making your own army of golems, terraforming the whole world, creating an army of automatons. But really that whole class is unsustainable. Most creations cant heal their hitpoints so you are eventually bound to run out of trees and iron mines to terraform. And that sucks
>>
>>1064769
>so you are eventually bound to run out of trees
This has never happened even in games where I actively burnt down forests and/or played scourge lord.
Also the real power of the class is in making floating ballistae and bows. You can turn almost anything into a weapon and you will never realistically run out of anything. You even have high end things you can make purely out of gold and you can steal other people's armies making snakes out of corpses.

You really need to get over that thought, it's like saying necros are unsustainable because they will eventually run out of old battlefields and corpses or that Scourge Lords are unsustainable because they will eventually run out of land to drain, or that summon classes are unsustainable because they will run out of creatures to summons.
>>
Wait a second. This isn't dominions.
>>
i wish the (not) Romans, and most factions in general, could build more shit. i want to build roads for faster travel and aqueducts.
>>
>>1064795
>i want to build roads
Name a game where this is not cancer that results in roads everywhere.
>>
>>1064819
i dont play many games but couldnt they just make it so that it has to connect cities/villages/major landmarks/settlements? they (You) could also limit it to 2 roads per landmark if youre worried about it looking like ass.
>>
>>1064826
>couldnt they just make it so that it has to connect cities/villages/major landmarks/settlements?
It would still turn into a spiderweb of roads, especially if you could build things. I wouldn't mind pre-generated roads leading to the capital in empire/kingdom eras, but letting players build them is always a mistake. Now bridges would be a good idea. I do feel there should be more terraforming, not by all factions, but enough that you can make most anything between the factions.
>>
>>1064842
>bridges/terraforming
thats the heart of it. i just want more shit to build, so roads/aqueducts were the first things i thought of for the (not) Romans.
>>
>>1064849
>i just want more shit to build
play as the Scourge Lord then.
>>
>>1064779
I just hate using things that use finite resources. I want to create, not destroy.
>>
>>1062512
These games always looked cool and I'm a sucker for fantasy tbs conquest, i love games like age of wonders, heroes, master of magic, fallen enchantress, etc. Should i get older ones first or am i free to go for 5 immediately?
>>
>>1065080
each iteration adds more content to the previous one, so just get the 5th one.
>>
>>1064785
Its less autistic sister
>>
>>1065037
That's almost everything in the game except freespawn classes.
>>
>>1064769
take the Fuklaw pill and install the overhauls
>>
File: Untitled.png (566 KB, 931x667)
566 KB
566 KB PNG
fucking ghosts
>>
>>1065100
I got it and now I'm learning how to play, I'm having fun with all the different classes but I've managed to lose every single run by picking fights i can't win
>>
>>1066379
Getting your main army wiped isn't necessarily a fatal setback in CoE, you can usually still make a comeback since the AI opponents get pummeled by independent armies and each other as well.
>>
>>1066368
Looks like someone didn't find and wreck the Monument of Hades in time.
>>
>>1067240
It's the leftover of a random "Hades is leaking into Elysium for a few months" event. I think the remaining ghosts are grouping up into one big army. This session is pretty strange, it's not the fallen empire, but there's lots of graveyards and things that keep spawning, horrors keep coming in from pyramids, the Eater of Gods was roaming around since the start, although I think the AI markgraf killed it at significant loss to itself (the army that ran into it, from the look of the horror marked survivors, had one of those tartarian titans and the undead dragon in it. Pretty sure a seperate army with the nekromant got eaten before.) but has a horror marked carrion that keeps coming into my territory, and the main continent is starting to be overrun by spiders instead of ants.
>>
Endgame is such a fucking boring slog I wish every faction had an I win button.
>>
>>1065706
That's the one with the "Definitely not Bees" cover image on steam workshop right? How is that thing anyway, I never tried it.
Was meaning to try out the populum mod for CoE5 too since that's out, shit was bonkers bloated in CoE4 but kind of interesting
>>
I HATE PHASE SPIDERS I HATE PHASE SPIDERS
>>
>>1063172
we know
>>
>>1067912
I just quit whenever I know I've won. It's the exactly same victory screen anyways but with "Everyone was defeated" text. That being said there should be a mechanical monotony breaker just to make winning at that point more satisfying.
>>
>>1066379
You'll learn what kinds of mobs to avoid, also sometimes you get unlucky and it just can't be helped
>>
>>1066449
That's a good thing, I'm still learning but I've figured out the basics
>>1067952
Yeah, i remember seeing a small group of trolls for the for the first time a couple of days ago, seeing their stats and deciding to attack them with my army cause i had what i thought were decent numbers, surely that would be enough, i saw my guys were doing damage but then trolls started regenerating, and they were like one or two shoting my infantry until their regeneration became faster than the damage output of my other units until they broke through my infantry, charged at my archers and wiped out my entire army
>>
>>1068649
yeah trolls are a threat to avoid until you either get enough damage to overcome their regen, or you have a mage with good single target immobilization/debuff spells
>>
What are some magic equipment theories and meta? I used to just stack equipment on heroes until I realized it's better to put like 1 or 2 str things on a group of archers or something else with long range and preferably multi hitting attacks.
>>
>>1069079
I usually stack on heroes except for weapons, which as you said go to units with multi-attacks that will actually make use of them.
The most infuriating for me are path boosters, they are incredibly good but it feels so rare that you actually have mages that can make use of them
>>
>>1069947
I didn't say I put weapons on the other character, but the +1 and +2 STR gloves/boots/rings so that their range 8, burst 3 attacks that do 1-3 damage do 1-5 instead. It didn't occur to me until recently that str boosts everything, ant spit, beams, gusts of wind, purely poison attacks, basically anything that's not a cast spell.
>>
>>1069964
oh okay yeah, good point
>>
Do you still have AIs losing the game 5 turns in because they let a random snek wander into their town?
>>
>>1070077
When has that ever happened? Why do people downplay the AI starting next to elephants and horrors or fucking up their first summon and not being able to reload the game like the player can as them letting animals enter their towns? The only time AI dies a lot for me is when I have too many AIs on a map and they start next to each other and the stronger one wipes out the weaker one. What sort of conditions do I need to have for the AI to die to the things you said? And what mod lets me see what's happening to them if I haven't scouted them out by turn 5?
>>
>>1070334
It was a regular thing in CoE4. Start a game with 8 AIs and at least 2 of them will die that way. It was pretty ridiculous.
>>
>>1070077
>>1070334
>>1070359
It still happens. Had a troll king and someone else die in turn 2. Large map and default AI number for it.
>>
>>1070372
>Had a troll king and someone else die in turn 2.
What did they die to?

>>1070359
>at least 2 of them will die that way
How did you confirm it? I mean I get some pretty dicey starts, so its hard to believe that it wasn't 3 elephants walking into a reasonably guarded base instead of a snake walking into an unguarded one.
>>
Can I be Atlantis. Yes or no.
>>
>>1070606
I'm going to go with "yes", it would be the High Cultist class.
>>
>>1070401
>What did they die to?
Think it was independents. Also in another game had a cultist park his only commander and a dicklet force next to my doomstack lol
I actually prefer the AI being dumb and kinda suicidal. Way better than that one illusionist who just turtled on the other side of the map. Fuck scouting the entire map for that asshole
>>
tried getting into dominions but wasnt autistic enough for that. heard this game was not as complicated.

what's a good beginner faction? tempted to go with troll king because hitting thing with club makes the brain go OOGA BOOGA
>>
>>1070992
Baron is the go to for beginners
>free levies mean your towns are safe from random shitters
>yearly recruitment gives you strong knights and fodder for free
>can appoint a knight as lord of the land that keeps the surrounding area safe for you
>high lord with cavalry is fast as fuck
>always have a good list of units available for recruitment
>longbowmen are better than archers and cost the same
>random mage recruits to spice things up
>doesn't matter if the baron dies as you'll get to buy another one eventually
>only need to keep track of gold and iron for resources
Then when you get used to the alien controls and ui and realise baron is boring as fuck that gets outplayed by some of the more fantastical factions you can try something else.
>>
>>1067912
>>1067943
so the game is just as shite as on release?
I think I need to start killing my hopes for Dom 6
>>
if AI dying early bothers you then just get one of the garrison defense mods
>>
>>1071033
Dom 4 introduces thrones a massive improvement.
Dom 5 introduces simultaneous troop turns
If your expectations are balance or it to be a different game then yes you should if your expectations are one major improvement then that would be reasonable
>>
>>1071397
my expectations are to be able to drag/rearrange commanders or have SOME way to sort them
>>
>>1071414
The commander arrangement order is annoying you can use shift and Ctrl to set groups as is, as for placement in your rosters that's set by seniority. a better UI would be my vote for 6 I agree with you
>>
I like dominions 5. Think this would tickle my fancy?
>>
>>1071766
Probably not, this is a game in the Master of Magic/Age of Wonders/etc style. If you like that kind of game, and a buttload of randomness, then you would like it.
>>
>>1070077
Get one of those mods that fortifies everyone's bases. I have the one with the ballistae. Not impossible to take on with a proper army, not so weak a raccoon squatting in your palace foyer is enough for a game over.
>>
>>1072856
What happens if a siren wanders in? Are the ballastae charm immune or will OP image happen?

Sirens are probably the thing I hate fourth after phase spiders, the basic 1hp ghosts, and ants.
>>
>after you destroy the demon portal the remaining demons will go around and try to rebuild it
SOUL
>>
>>1073117
I wish there was soul enough that you could block portals you built yourself, e.g. how the portal to Hades starts off blocked by neutrals, so that the denizens behind it wouldn't try to come through unless you moved off of it.
>>
Is there an inspector like for Dominions?
>>
>>1073222
No, the closest thing I am aware of is this collection of extracted data arranged in a psudo-mod format:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1jgMEknfRaTUTSsx0nx3zqPl7mjCl4Bzc
>>
>>1073222
>>1073240
There's the CoE5 Almenac: https://coe5alamanc.netlify.app/
>>
Seriously, what do sphinxes do?
>>
>>1074845
I think they kill part of your army if you answer incorrectly. Forgot what they give you if you do answer the right way.
>>
>>1075227
I meant the structures. Is there a sphinx creature?
>>
CoE is a bad game but it’s a bit like dominions without actually being dominions. Dominions kinda stresses me out, you have a hard 24h limit, you can’t just drop it for a week, you spend 2 hours meticulously scripting your fights. Wake up the next day and see what a clusterfuck happened, again and again.
>>
>>1075553
>CoE is a bad game
Stopped reading there
>>
>>1075606
Search your feelings, you know it’s a bad game.
>>
>>1075609
It's one of the better strategy games I've played.
>>
File: ghoullord.jpg (27 KB, 637x358)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
Anyone here play with mods? I've been enjoying the ghoul lord class. Their weapons turn enemies they kill into other ghouls and the hunting grounds enchantment sends out lots of animal-ghouls.
>>
>>1076188
I haven't tried yet, though that mod seems redundant with Scourge Lord, who can already spawn a shit-ton of ghouls and ghouls already turn things into ghouls. Is there a lizardman mod?
>>
Oh hey, there's an updat-
>Finally a proper printed manual for Conquest of Elysium 5 can now be ordered from lulu.com. It is about 70 pages in full color and costs about $5. The Modding manual has also been updated to a more print friendly pdf format, but you have to print it yourself.

That's all? Does the manual even have the upcoming faction in it?
>>
>>1078521
Oh, they updated the PDF too, it is in.
>>
>>1078521
Buying the manual for dominions 4 was such a great decision. That was probably the best manual I have ever seen. Genuinely enjoyable to read. Might pick this one up as well just for nostalgias sake.
>>
>>1078800
>454 pages pdf
How thick is that book
>>
>>1080007
>zoomer has never seen a book before
>>
>>1080098
>35 year old boomer reads a book that's about twice as long as average to play a game in the most braindead genre outside of FPS
>>
The manual seems to have changed. When it was first out it said something about the Raksharaja having undead apes and that thing whose name I forget that is a shapeshifter. Now it's just a copy of the Maharaja entry. Wonder if they're reworking it.
>>
>>1081930
Why do you feel the need to illustrate your posts? Are the only books you actually read picture books?
>>
I've just seen this game on my steam recommendations for the first time. Looks like ass graphically but I made good experiences with shit looking games recently.

It kinda looks like HOMM gameplay wise? Is there citybuilding or something on the side? Or is it more of a mercenary game like M+B or Battle Brothers.
>>
>>1082881
It's kind of like Master of Magic but with an emphasis on recruiting/summoning units and throwing armies into eachother.

There's a lot of different units and spell effects and some classes can alter the map terrain (like the enchanter destroying a forest to build wood golems.
>>
>have to keep swapping regeneration items around.
This doesn't seem that hard to implement.
>check if unit carrying the item has an affliction
>check if unit that has an affliction can equip item
>check if unit already has regeneration or equivalent
Something simple like this would really help out with this pointless micro as just having the item would cure your entire army over time. If a player really wants to heal a specific unit first then just equip it manually like we do now.
>>
>>1084503
It's not pointless micro, you're manipulating an item to heal your troops when they shouldn't be able to heal at all. Also you didn't think "what if the player wants it to stay on one unit instead of jumping around?"

I really think any mage that can cast regeneration should give your army regeneration on the world map like healing gives you faster healing. Also you should be able to heal afflictions in cities or some equivalent for particular factions.
>>
>>1084513
>"what if the player wants it to stay on one unit instead of jumping around?"
It will stay on one unit. It's just the affliction healing effect will jump around the army if the unit wearing it doesn't have an affliction.
>>
>>1084513
True, a mage with regeneration is basically a healer with extra steps, and should be handled by the game as just another healer.
>>
>>1084533
I actually thought this was the case. We really need more options for healing other than regen items and built in regen.
Maybe it's a balance reason, but it really just makes regen items super coveted. I gladly suicided most of my army to get the regen amulet from some tough early independents.
>>
>>1084539
>it really just makes regen items super coveted
It's also the reason why, if you manage to summon an ancient hydra with the witch, you're now playing on easy mode. Multiple attacks + regen = cleared map.
>>
>>1084539
>Maybe it's a balance reason, but it really just makes regen items super coveted.
Magic items are just supposed to be super coveted and you're not supposed to heal, you're supposed to die. I do think afflictions are too common on top of being caused even by things that shouldn't cause afflictions, but getting wounded is just the way the game is. Regeneration items make a higher HP unit semi immortal as well, so they'd always be coveted.
>>
>>1082881
You roam the map defending important tiles with resource heavy units that are slow to accumulate in the beginning with key resources for better units often bottlenecked by rng dependent commanders to spawn (who you then have to purchase didn't save enough cash? Get fucked for the next 20 turns lmao). There are multiple explorable maps besides the one primary one you must conquer, but honestly they are either bullshit (Inferno), boring (Hades) or pointless (Agatha). Some classes don't have the above problems, but generally buy the game on sale (or buy coe4) and have fun playing the troll king until a witch charms him or a pyromancer dunks on you.
>>
>>1084743
>pointless (Agatha)
Gems
>>
>>1084545
Until it gets disintegrated or something
>>
About how long is it between each entry for this and Dom? I keep wanting to buy this proper but I keep feeling like the moment I do, part 6 will release.
>>
>>1089973
Hard to say. CoE4 came out about three years after 3 (2015 and 2012), but there was a 7 year gap between 4 and 5.
>>
>>1089980
Actually you still make a point in that it hasn't even been a full year since CoE5 was released. I thought it had been longer.
>>
How do you fight against Necromancer AI?
My army either immediately melts with Decay, slowly melts with Disease and that's not even mentioning the amount of Ghouls and tricky Ethereal troops.
As a Bakemono I don't think I can do anything to counter them.
>>
>>1090351
Bakemono have a ton of casters and magic type attacks. Even just tengu and oni should be fine against ethereal things. There's also Shikome that have "Ghost Rending Claw", an attack that banishes on hit and thus should hard counter most of what necro has.
>>
>>1090548
Yea, just realized the Dai Oni and Grand Sorcerer can nuke the whole map.
And spider assassins can even assassinate the necromancer on first round.
The only problem was the 2 Dracoliches.
Still I have no idea what to do with Aka or Ao Onis, seems more like extras. Tengus are great though.
>>
Speaking of AIs that can be hard to deal with, scourge lord AI spamming scourge heralds can just steamroll you early game. It keeps them in the same army too, unlike annoying dwarf AI splitting all its commanders guerilla warfare style
>>
>>1090351
My necromancer enemies suicide their main necro into either me or something else and just give up and start spamming regular humans lol
>>
>>1093095
Suiciding your main necro can be a valid tactic once you achieve lichdom. Or even asshole batman status.
>>
>>1075609
Nah it’s an awesome game and got me through a good portion of my undergrad days along with dominions.
>>
Is there any point to the planes? By the time you can reliably access and safely explore them you're in the endgame already, and if you can spare the strong army you need for that, you've pretty much already won.
>>
>>1093546
sky plane is usually pretty accessible and can have decent locations that aren't too hard to take
>>
>>1093561

It just feels like exploration is super slow that I don't feel I can spare anything to go to other planes, maybe I should just recruit every leader I come across.
>>
>>1093603
You could hide in the other planes by taking a stronghold and wait Elysium to get rekt by whatever happens and win.
>>
>>1093546
You don't need a strong army or to "take over" the other planes. If you're a witch for example, you can just keep scrying swamps until you find one in coctys, aztlan, or the primal plane and then warp there whenever you feel, take a few swamps/forests and warp back. Summoning classes can pull powerful guys from their fortresses and just take the weakened fortress on that plane. Necro in particular can swap a group of them out of hades then go into hades themselves and get a free empty fortress. Even if you sacrifice a force, if you take a city in hades, you can recruit plane swapping ghost warriors and leaders. The nexus is accessible from lots of places. The safest is probably going through the celestial realm through the primal plane. If you can take over the structure there, it's a guaranteed level 3 library, and it's probably easier than ones in hades or inferno. Most demons can be poisoned as well, so having mass poison abilities would let you clear most of the inferno plane realms easily, though you need to be able to fly or immune to fire or something to easily get from one realm to another. The sky and agartha are greatly useful for their easy of entry. Agartha because some gem classes have a way to dig and thus access gems there, the sky because the troops you get from cities and forts there are basically ghosts and can hit ethereal things easily as well.

>>1093603
>It just feels like exploration is super slow ... maybe I should just recruit every leader I come across.
Yes you should recruit any cheap leaders you come across. Even if they get killed, just being able to explore the map faster is useful. just giving a captain 10 archers is enough to deal with small animals, bandits, or anything. A hero or swordmaster with some equipment can deal with even large animals alone. Whether you should use your specific class leaders depends on how easily you can get them and what they do. Mage types can generally make an army around themselves as they go.
>>
Whoa thread almost dead
>>
Do stormclouds disappear over time? There was a stormcloud I was going to capture but it wasn't there any more when I went back to it. Did it just move away?
>>
>>1093724
Can you? I thought the lose condition was no longer having any forts on elysium regardless of whatever you have elsewhere
>>
>>1099719
That is the condition, although the Sky and Agartha count as Elysium.
>>
>>1099739
Ah I didn't know that. I'd won games against those who I assumed were on those planes without visiting them so I just assumed they didn't count either
>>
>>1099744
If they didn't count, Pale Ones and Cloud Lords would instantly lose.
>Me implying Cloud Lords don't always instantly lose
>>
>>1099744
>>1099745
and BTW, you also win by killing all commanders which is probably what happened in those times you mentioned. Keeping a commander in another plane would at least prevent that.
>>
>>1099745
Ah right, fair. It's the Kobolds I keep thinking can enter Agartha with all their mountain and cave dwelling.

>>1099749
Might've been that yeah.
>>
>>1099750
I don't know if Kobolds can get into Agartha, but Dwarfs can make a series of teleports in a special Argathan chamber and Earth aligned warlocks can either dig using gems or summon something that can pass through solid walls. Kobolds, on the other hand, have an easy time getting to the Sky plane because a number of them can fly.
>>
>>1099756
Ah, okay. I assumed they were more underground aligned than sky aligned because while they had one dragon that kept ninja stealing a bunch of my shit and then retreating away(I thought it was flying in from an island but it turns out the ONE tile of a peninsula I hadn't explored was a fort, was the last tile I had to take to win the game too), their faction's identity in my mind was more mountains filled with fucking millions of fucking kobolds so I just mentally concluded ah they must be more underground than not
>>
>>1099768
A reasonable assumption. Although if you read the blurbs about them, their personal identity is a race of "we wuz dragons" lizardmen looking at real dragons and going "VGH".

You should try playing them once. They're pretty cool. They get shittons of freespawn and are actually fairly decent. For some reason the AI doesn't seem to upgrade the spawner units much because I always see waves of basic kobolds, but you can spam waves of like 2 armor kobolds with shields and decent weapons. Wyvern knights are actually really good too.
>>
>>1099780
Yeah I assumed they were dragon worshipers, I just thought they were fundamentally cursed to deep dark places dragons might rest rather than dreaming of following them into the skies, with that being the distinction that separated them from who were essentially their gods.

And yeah that game I was the uhhhh, I forget the faction specifically. Barbarians with magic tattoos and swamp witches.
There was many an instance of my DEEP DARK GOD OF THE SWAMP having to chew through fucking 500 kobold shitters repeatedly.
I only saw really basic ones as well except I think in one of their forts. And I dunno if it was that they were better or if it was just a subset of kobold that had resistance against poison and other shit I was using.
>>
>>1099780
>For some reason the AI doesn't seem to upgrade the spawner units
Same happens with dryad troops. I don't remember seeing the AI use those armored satyrs/minotaurs/centaurs (except if they were somehow spawned directly).
>>
>>1099995
In the Dryad's case, it's because you need
-units to convert
-units have to be of the right gender unlike dwarfs or necromancers
-units require specific commanders to be sitting in special forests to even be spawned
-a shitton of iron
-a shitton of gold
-access to at least a city if not a castle or fort
-lots of turns to spawn and convert everyone or else lots of cities and castles

They've gotten control over a large part of the map before and I had to deal with several fully armed and armored armies, but outside of that time they don't get rolling enough. Even playing as them you need a lot of shit to go right, and it's something more for being competitive in empire eras probably, replacing quantity with quality.
>>
>>1100011
But can't you do partial upgrades? Ex. if you have 2 centaurs and 3 centaurides, you get only the 2 or 3 centaur/centauride warriors, rather than be outright prevented from upgrading.
>>
>>1100045
If you want to waste resources
>>
>>1100064
Hmm, true, forgot that it deducts the full cost, even when doing partial upgrades.
>>
Evil Monkeys out yet?
>>
I just got a random "everyone was defeated" screen after like 5 game turns. Is this some anti piracy protection?
>>
>>1102615
Possibly. I've only had the game be funny looking. To be clear, the game does have anti-piracy, I just don't know if it caused your situation.
>>
>>1102703
I think I just left my city unattended and lost due to neutral capturing it, found someone talking about a bug that it will not state proper loss reason when a neutral does that.
>>
>>1102817
yeah never leave anything with walls completely unattended, just one or two archers can fend off most random wildlife
>>
>>1103306
If that stronghold is a ruin, you might also need a couple melee units, just as a precaution. Ruins lack gates.
>>
>dwarven hive
>give fat queen gem of flying
>queen can now levitate upwards to plane of clouds
I wonder if I can poop another queen egg while the original is in the clouds.
>>
>>1070632
High cultist sound more like LA r'yleh
>>
>>1103897
Most of the CoE factions are rough facsimiles of their Dominions counterparts.
>>
Thinking of buying this since it's on sale right now, how likely am I to get jew'd by the developer? I checked the game release dates and there's like 3-4 years between the "totally not standalone DLCs".
>>
>>1105412
Every new release is pretty much just a DLC but they don't get released very often.
>>
>>1105412
see
>>1089980
if you don't have CoE4 I don't see why not
>>
>>1105412
>>1105574
see also >>1089987
The game just came out, there's like no chance of them releasing another version as it hasn't even been 1 year, let alone 3.
>>
File: fuckdemons.png (1.86 MB, 1920x1080)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB PNG
>portal to infernal realm opened
>demons started pouring through
>army of dozens of dwarves rushed to their deaths trying to close it
>they defeated the demons guarding the portal
>the very same turn they get obliterated by more demons
>every dwarven hive holds still
>all resources are poured to the dwarven city
>hundreds of dwarves perished
>the far mines have fallen
>only the dwarven city and one nearby mine remains
>infernal abominations roam the land
Think this is it, there's no escaping the inevitable. It's just me, a druid AI, maybe one more faction and a never ending stream of demons. And a lot of ants.
>>
File: ants.jpg (464 KB, 1920x1080)
464 KB
464 KB JPG
Shame, demons pussied out and didn't even attack. Everyone else died though, except the giant ants and dwarven ants.
>>
>>1105740
sounds like your typical game, though druid AI surviving that long is very surprising
>>
>>1105758
Does the druid get better units than random animals and those spellcaster spirits?
>>
>>1105747
The game is fun but has major problems that the filthy swede devs seem to have zero intention of ever fixing. The AI being a gigantic pussy is one of the most egregious.
>>
>>1105747
The demons are more concerned with gathering sinners to take to hell and burning down towns. Hades and Primal tend to be more about killing everyone.
>>
>>1106155
you can get buffed random animals and primal plane summons
>>
File: Untitled.png (692 KB, 584x814)
692 KB
692 KB PNG
>Using the ice to go around the gate
This would be brilliant if it weren't so retarded.
>>
File: emperor_rip.jpg (721 KB, 1920x1080)
721 KB
721 KB JPG
Dwarves are really fun.
>>
>>1062512
I bought coe4 and not long after coe5 came out so I must pirate it somehow
>>
File: retard.jpg (199 KB, 1920x1080)
199 KB
199 KB JPG
Look at this absolute retard dwarf AI, sent out a naked rune smith. Meanwhile at their mine there's 1000 siege weapons just chilling.
>>
>>1109674
What would you use to scout as dwarf?
>>
>>1109677
I like to use 10 heavy dwarves with 10 arbalests, plus 2 outdoor dwarves and 1 commander. Sprinkle with workers as available.

AI is just wasting the commander spam on inconsequential armies. Dwarves are deceptively fast even on speed 2, since they have snow and mountain walk. Arbalest spam with shaff front troops is really good.
>>
>>1109821
Why the fuck don't barbarians have snow walk? Shit's retarded.
>>
>>1109854
Same reason witches and androphags don't have swamp move even when they're riding on marsh worms, nor poison immunity until the witch is max upgraded
>>
File: punch_demons.jpg (529 KB, 1920x1080)
529 KB
529 KB JPG
>dryad
>enemy AI is dwarves
>conquer the whole entire elysium
>put armies all around last dorf city
>send mother earth into hell with a scroll
>fat punch demons to death
>>
>>1109940
Did you charm all those bloodsworns?
>>
File: merchant.jpg (815 KB, 1920x1080)
815 KB
815 KB JPG
>>1109955
Nope, captured a city with just the earth mother, spent some turns recruiting them while capturing other things.

I've managed to charm a merchant though, it's a commander unit and it seems to keep the wandering AI even under my control. So when i don't spend the merchants AP it decides to run away in a random direction. I've bought the lad a boat and sent him off into void, by luck he stumbled in the void upon a gateway to the elemental realm nexus or whatever this place is.

I wonder if they'll buy anything.
>>
What races are good at charming others? I want to see some crazy shit happening with the AI capturing each others' commanders.
>>
>>1109940
booba
>>
File: inferno.jpg (1.04 MB, 1921x1080)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
Is there any reason to go to the other planes and conquer them? I mean they're so difficult to take over and the army you would need would be better served conquering Elysium instead. It doesn't seem like there are any good special recruitable units or unique commanders or casters you can get either so what's the point? Without the bystander mod i'd pretty much have no reason to come here in a standard game ever.
>>
>>1110015
Voice of El has charms that target humans. Druid and Dryad for charming animals. Enchanter spawns necrotods which is great from building a charming army but i dunno if AI will utilize them as much. Demonologist and Cultist have some ensalve spells on some units as well.
>>
>>1105747
Fuck giant ants. Actual game ruiner.
>>
>>1110173
they would be cool as a crisis like hades army and hell invasion, the problem is that they are present in nearly every game
>>
>>1110161
>Is there any reason to go to the other planes
Yes.
>conquer them?
No, just get a city/castle/citadel or 2.
>It doesn't seem like there are any good special recruitable units or unique commanders or casters
There are, but they are still random to get. Hades has lots of good ghost units who can plane shift. The sky has cloud units that are basically ghosts. You can occasionally recruit stuff from the nexus as well, but it's rare. You can also just enslave things.
>so what's the point
Other-planar immortality so that you can banish or kill things but they won't die unless you go there and kill them. More resources. Special sites like level 3 libraries and treasure sites. A place to send enemies you don't like or to go 'fuck it' and end the word by linking them all to Elysium. Also special items from the leaders or powerful units. It's worth killing a few higher demons and taking their swords. You can also kill everything and stop classes that summon from there from being able to summon anymore.
>I mean they're so difficult to take over
They aren't. Demons and most other things are easy to poison to death, and assuming you can even get into Hades, it's fairly easy to kill a bunch of ghosts and take a city and recruit an army.
>>
>>1110173
>>1110243
I keep getting spiders lately. They seem to breed faster than ants.
>>
>>1110412
Yeah but I don't think spiders can expand, their spawners are limited and they can be burned to eliminate it for good. Ants will just keep expanding forever.
>>
>>1110437
>I don't think spiders can expand
They most certainly produce "spider queens" that can make new spider nests and they will most certainly turn forests into spider filled hellscapes.
>>
>>1110496
Oh shit I didn't know this. I'll have to be more proactive in purging them then. I'll be screwed if i'm playing a nation that can't produce fire mages though. I'll have to get lucky and find a fire wand.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (903 KB, 1918x1348)
903 KB
903 KB JPG
>>1111198
For what it's worth, at least they tend to terrorize things near forests, seek out other forests, and don't fan out as much as ants so so you don't get them on seemingly every tile like in >>1105747

In this example image, the spiders occupy the yellow area, excluding the black area which I had moved into and cleared them out from.
>>
>>1075606
He's right. Though CoE would seem better if it didn't have to compare to dominions.
>>
Hello lads, I've been sent here from another thread. Can someone explain crisis' to me?
>>
>>1111397
>crisis
Can you link to the thread or provide some context? It could mean any number of things.
>>
>>1110429 (OP)
>conquest of elysium has different apocalyptic challenges that can trigger, also sometimes they happen early-mid game and fuck your shit up completely
>>
>>1111527
>>1111397
Some group of nerds may randomly spawn at the start of the game and attempt to open a portal to [insert plane]. If they survive with no one finding and killing them, the portal opens and increasingly powerful creatures from that plane begin flooding out until the portal is destroyed. The same will happen if any player accidentally or intentionally creates a portal to another realm or through random events, such as a meteor leaving a crater and a certain unit gathers there for long enough.

There are also a couple things players can do, such as intentionally starting an apocalypse or summoning certain gods and putting them in burn the world mode. The endgame boss is generally any player who became powerful, but sometimes some horrifyingly powerful being will have spawned and be hidden on the map. There's a higher chance of this in the fallen empire age. They're of a small number of "secret" creatures and you'll know them by their colorful names such as "the Unmaker of Souls".
>>
>>1111594
I asked this in the other thread but what do you think of Dominions? Does it have similar events? Given the choice which would you get?
>>
>>1111601
Different anon, but.
Dominions has some really shitty global effects that people can put up, things like the sun going out, everyone aging twice as fast, or horrors from beyond space and time attacking anyone who tries to use magic. You also have an option in the game settings for Doom Horrors to start attacking and destroying thrones if the game goes on too long.
There are a few story events like the necromancer that can be an absolute pain in the ass, but I think most players turn those off in the game settings too.
>>
I love Dominions, play the shit out of it inc. multiplayer and also think it looks quite beautiful graphically but hot damn this game looks ugly. I tried it and even liked the gameplay but it looks so disgustingly ugly to me (just looks bad as a whole in a way Dominions isn't - can't even put it into words properly) that I just couldn't get into it. I get the abstraction thing and also understand that it's a small indie studio with limited means but couldn't they have made it look a little less like ASS. Battle for Wesnoth and Eador: Genesis are comparable in budget/scope (hell one of them is free & open source) and they look nowhere near this bad.
>>
>>1111601
Dominions doesn't have tiles and you need to micromanage what your units do ahead of a battle. Conquest of Elysium has tiles and you can't tell your units how to act during battle, except for which spells casters have memorized.

I prefer the latter, I like telling armies where to go instead of telling individual commanders how to wage battle.
>>
File: infinite_skeletons.jpg (891 KB, 1920x1080)
891 KB
891 KB JPG
>>
File: skeleton_meditation.jpg (923 KB, 1920x1080)
923 KB
923 KB JPG
>meditating monkey
>lucky
>evasion
>blunt/pierce/slash resist
>10 regeneration
>casts invulnerability
Monkey faction has some silly stacking resistances.
>>
>>1111730
so this...... is the power of monke
>>
>>1098759
Storm clouds move.
>>
There's a "Strange Portal" in Elysium guarded by some Animated Armors and Living Bows. What does it likely lead to
>>
>>1111907
Dunno, but if it's guarded, its likely stopping something from coming through the other end. Usually the portals connect to somewhere else in the world, so that's the most likely outcome, but it could just as easily be connected to any other plane.
>>
>>1111724
>>1111730
At what point can you do undead without dealing with the insanity RNG? Do I need to ascend my main guy to Lich or something?
>>
>>1112252
Raising dead is a newbie trap. If you must, make a low level necromancer do it and make him twiceborn into a ghost or zombie. Also only try to do it when you have a ton of dead in one place so you can raise hundreds at once.
>>
>>1112252
>At what point can you do undead without dealing with the insanity RNG?
Methods of lowering insanity that I know of:
Any dead Twiceborn apprentice: 1 sanity per turn, increased based on number of upgrades. So twice upgraded necromancer has 3 per turn, no upgrades prior to death has 1 per turn.
Twice upgraded Necromancer Apprentice: 1 sanity per turn
Lich/Demilich: 5 sanity per turn
double upgraded Necromancer Apprentice
Death Knight: 1 Sanity per turn, spawned by Major Summoning ritual with nercomancers
Vampires: eating villages or something
>>
File: lord_of_hades.jpg (725 KB, 1920x1080)
725 KB
725 KB JPG
3 liches vs lord of Hades realm. He had a nice level 3 library.
>>
File: file.png (53 KB, 205x246)
53 KB
53 KB PNG
>>1080007
>>1080176
I miss game manuals like that. Remember old-school RPGs manuals that had like a general introduction to the game world and major characters, a description of every spell and attack, even fun stuff like short stories and recipes you could make irl? That shit was 100% pure SOVL. You could genuinely enjoy the manual and read it to prepare for actually playing the game.

You kids don't know what you're missing.
>>
>>1112417
I remember them, but it's only in the 4x & wargame genres that you need a manual that's 300+ pages, not counting any world-building, just to say the AI on the game is shit and can be beaten just by expanding fast and outproducing them. King's Quest 6 could do it in 32 pages, Diablo 2 could do it in 96, Total Annihilation could do it in 57. I have the Prima strategy guides for Starcraft and BW, they are 246 and 251 pages respectively, and that's to break the whole damn game down. The Dom 4 manual is 454 pages. That's more like a table top RPG monster manual.
>>
>>1112504
>King's Quest 6 could do it in 32 pages, Diablo 2 could do it in 96, Total Annihilation could do it in 57
None of those have 30 factions and 500 different units, spells and items.
>>
>first complete round I've played
>Final two are me as baron and ai as Druid
>He has a massive deathstack
>fuck
>Bait it into a tower that has trebuchets and the entirety of my army
>Nearly win despite the disadvantage
I really think I could have pulled it off if it weren't for him getting my lesser deathstack right before that final battle
>>
>>1113013
That must have been some deathstack, baron longbows and trebuchets defending walls are pretty strong. Granted if you were a mage faction in late game you would have just completely wiped his animal chaff in a few turns of combat
>>
>>1113013
>>1113553
Druid AI can really build those death stacks. I've seen them run around with armies of over 1000 before.

Will get wiped out by any caster with battlefield wide spells though.
>>
>>1113553
I once had a nice big fight against druid death stack. The druid cast earthquake once or twice and killed his own army. Don't think I would have won it otherwise.
>>
>>1113553
A mage with the ability to turn his animals is what carried me. The tide of battle turned pretty quickly once they died
>>
Can you set your mages to autorecast rituals? Ex, the summoning spells? I remember that Dominions has this option, so you don't have to manually click through all the menus every turn.
>>
File: Untitled.png (397 KB, 827x466)
397 KB
397 KB PNG
>>1114207
Yes, there's a box you can tick to keep casting rituals
>>
are 1d9 and 1d4+5 same values in this game or is the 1d4+5 actually 6~9 ?
>>
>>1114397
The second. 5 is added to the result of the roll, thus 6 - 9. It's D&D rules, basically.
>>
>>1114397
>1d9 and 1d4+5
What the fuck
Why would it be that
>>
>>1114421
This page https://www.illwinter.com/coe5/coe5manual.html#_damage_mechanics at Damage Bonus part says:

>The Troll King has a damage bonus of 25, so his Club (1d3 damage) actually does 1d28 damage.

So that's why I equate 1d9 and 1d4+5
>>
>>1114406
>>1114446
meant for you as well
>>
>>1114447
That's... odd. That's not how damage multipliers are supposed to work at all.
Makes them way worse, since giving a +10 sword to a unit which deals a base 1d6 means, basically, that the unit now deals 1d16. Which lessens the impact (and, therefore, value) of giving weaponry to your troops.
I mean, I get that they wanted to use negative modifiers without the headache of your troops dealing 0 damage (like those gobbo archers which have a -1 starting modifier from their shit strength), but still, it's completely unlike how damage modifiers work in pretty much any other game which uses them.
>>
>>1114468
>Makes them way worse, since giving a +10 sword to a unit which deals a base 1d6 means, basically, that the unit now deals 1d16.
Haha you wish, there's no +10 swords. If you give a weapon to a unit, it replaces their appropriate weapon. It doesn't add the weapon damage to the existing unit weapon.
>>
>>1114397
The former. The reason it's separated is because some things are considered to have inherent equipment. So something like an animal that crawls around would have, say, a bite attack that does 1d4 and have 1 of its own power and it would be displayed as 1-5, where as a humanoid with a spear that could be replaced with anything else would have the 1d4 of the spear + 1 of their own power and would be displayed as 1-4 (+1) to indicate that the weapon they're holding is 1d4, so if you replace it with a 1d7 weapon it'll be clear if the weapon is 1d7 and the holder has 1 bonus attack or if the weapon itself is 1d8. If they have some inherent attack as well, like the ability to shoot eye beams, the eye beam would just be 1-3 and go to 1-4 if they gained another point of damage since you can't change the eye beam to something else.

>>1114468
>Makes them way worse, since giving a +10 sword to a unit which deals a base 1d6 means, basically, that the unit now deals 1d16.
If the sword they have does 1d6 and you give them a sword that does 1d10, they will do 1d10 because you changed their equipment, not 1d16. If the sword has +10 to strength, it'll have it on top of some other bonus. If it were balanced, it'd do like 1d1 damage and give +10 str and the unit would do 1-1 (+10(+other bonuses)). If it were just a 1d6 sword with +10 str, it'd do technically 1d16 just by giving it to them.
The middle of 1-6 is ~3 and the middle of 1-16 is ~8 anyway, so it's a good impact and will probably kill an average humanoid with a single hit.
Weapons are also generally magical, having the (magic) tag on them, and thus ignoring common annoying shit like ethereal making it so non magic-weapons only have a 25% chance of hitting.
Furthermore there's a benefit in the crit aspect. While technically there's a lower chance that 1d16 will hit a max roll and crit than 1d6 will, if 1d16 does crit, you get another 1d15 roll. 1d6 would have to crit and crit again to get 6+5+5 = 16 at least.
>>
>>1114522
>>1114468
Two other things:
Weapons are generally useful for their effect, not their base damage, e.g poisoning the enemy for an additional 1d10.
Using the eye beam example, if a sword had 1d1 damage and +10 to str, it would give it to every non magic attack, so the sword would be changed from 1-6 to 1-1(+10) and the eye beam would do 1-13.
>>
>demonologist
>summoning ritual at 100% of cost
>less than 50% success chance
Hiding % chance from player is absolute cancer. Why should I code dive just to not kill myself.
>>
>>1114915
Because the game is about dumb shit happening and it being fun, like your shiny new mage being a retard and casting something dumb instead of something good and then dying because a moose trampled him to death

conquest of elysium is a lot less competitive than dominions
I'm a bit of a metaslave myself, even in singleplayer games but conquest of elysium kinda just demands you accept what happens as entertaining
>>
>>1115081
>my mage that killed themselves with their own chain lightning
>>
>>1114915
Silly complaint. You'd learn by trying, and if you're playing solo, you'd just save scum anyway. If you're going to kill yourself because of RNG, then you should stop playing this game, it's not for you.
>>
What's the difference between this game and Dominions?
>>
>>1115111
It's weird, I tried answering this question a couple of times but I had difficulty doing so without a fuckton of words. They are both very similar and very different games. Your best bet of distinguishing the two is that CoE has less customization, less organization and control and a fuckton more RNG

Compared to dominions you can't script armies, some recruitment is static while stuff like commanders are offered only as random events, the map is a grid and you get resources by claiming a tile by standing on it. Indies can move around, there is no magic research, instead research is an action of a mage where you pay a price and they learn spells of their school.
Hmm now that I'm thinking about it, it's probably closer to HoMM but with autobattles and some dominions tier crazy shit happening.

Factions are again more simple and more complex at the same time than dominions. Like a nation might be defined by "essentially has an awake pretender while most do not"
They can be very asymmetrical. Like a witch faction might get a unit of ingredients each turn from every swamp tile they own, while generic human faction doesn't even identify a swamp as yielding any resource.

You're best off just looking up somebody playing the game to understand it. Or pirate it, don't feel guilty, shillwinter keep releasing entirely new builds of their games and charge full price for them, your contribution isn't too important. I own multiple dominions and coe games but I started by pirating both before I bought either
>>
>>1115111
Conquest of Elysium is similar to Master of Magic or Age of Wonders, and Dominions is more like a 4x where you capture provinces. Dominions has complex character, nation, army building, research, and battle planning. CoE is almost pure RNG, with your control over a battle being limited to making the army and choosing what spells can be selected. They only use similar ideas from the creators in terms of units and die rolls, with CoE being the older series, but are basically unrelated in terms of anything else.
>>
File: Untitled.png (3.35 MB, 1730x1059)
3.35 MB
3.35 MB PNG
Allied AI getting stomped. First time I've seen Empire forces bring mages. Maybe harder indies setting was a mistake.
>>
>>1115197
I didnt enjoy dominions but I enjoy CoE, does this mean I am dumb?
>>
>>1115640
It means you're not autistic
>>
>>1115659
I'm severely autistic yet I also enjoyed CoE more than Dominions. Only fun part of Dominions was pretender customization, making battleplans was a chore.
>>
>>1115640
CoE is just easier to play and late game turns have far, far less decision bloat compared to the first game.
Dominions also having details that slightly nudge it more towards 4X and grand strategy aren't really deep enough to dive into within singleplayer, so you're mostly left with multiplayer as the best way to play and multiplayer is far from perfect.
>>
>>1115640
>does this mean I am dumb?
Probably not, at least not for that specific reason. However, I'm guessing you don't play multiplayer. Even though technically they can both be played in single- and multiplayer mode, Dominions is very much a multiplayer game while CoE is for singleplayer.
>>
New patch boys !!!!
>New playable class, the Raksharaja
>>
>>1116302
They changed the manual back too. I guess they thought it was a spoiler before.
>>
>>1116302
So it's the monkey people race just with a different leader?
>>
>>1116484
In the way that senator is the human people race, just with a different leader.
>>
>>1116302
>Disintegrate casters could target their own boat, fixed
>Disintegrate now leaves no corpses and bypasses some on death effects
>Fix for disintegrate affecting terrain if unit in square was killed
best spell

>Cloud Lord AI improvements
Maybe this time, eh?
>>
File: gods.jpg (510 KB, 1920x1080)
510 KB
510 KB JPG
>high priestess of baal
>sacrifice self to summon Baal the God
>forest hippies breach primal plane barrier
>God of War invades elysium
>vanquish the God of War along with foolish hippies
>gate to primal plane can only be closed from primal plane
>Baal the God enters primal plane
>closes the gate behind him
>kills God of War in his own plane
Don't even care what chaos goes on in Elysium right now, this is a story in itself.
>>
>>1116740
If you sacrifice another priestess can you summon him back to Elysium again?
>>
>>1116753
Yep, in the end Baal the God killed all the druidic Gods in their own plane, except the least powerful one. God of the Sea managed to kill Baal, since he was cursed and feebleminded, couldn't cast the good spells. Time to summon him again.
>>
>try to summon God again
>nobody answered the summons
RIP in peace.
>>
yo niggas can I increase the sprite size in battle? I have to squint playing this game.
>>
>>1116828
Iirc you can zoom in with mousewheel
>>
>>1116740
thanks for sharing m8, shit like this is great
>>
I want the spider tribe joggers to be a faction
>REEE NIGGERS
Yeah, yeah. But I like creepy spider stuff.
>>
>>1117184
they are a faction in dominions if you want
>>
>>1117186
I know but I like CoE a lot more than Dominions in general to be desu.
>>
>>1105412
Just do what I do, I bought 3 and have pirated 4 and 5. I might actually buy 6 though as enough time has passed by then.
>>
>>1117184
Barons can get spawns from capturing tribal towns
I wish pygmies were a black hoburg faction.

>>1117189
4 is like 5 bucks now, no excuse for him to not just buy that if he wants to try and pay.
>>
>>1116740
Kino
>>
>>1116740
this is what sells the game.
I bought it and lost one of my first games because all my army was in the ice and it melted.
>>
>>1062512
Is there a point getting CoE5 if I already have Dom5? Give me the breakdown on this thing, anons.
>>
>>1117914
>qrd
theyre different
>>
>>1117914
Like anon >>1117933 said, they're very different games.
To me, Dom is closer to a paint-the-map grand strategy game, whereas CoE feels like a highly random Heroes of Might & Magic.
>>
>>1117914
look up gameplay of them. There are a ton of things that feel almost the same but it plays completely different.
Or just pirate the game.
>>
>>1117278
>4 is like 5 bucks now, no excuse for him to not just buy that if he wants to try and pay.
Oh yeah, I would suggest he just buy 5 because it's a very good game. I'm just saying maybe not buy the inevitable 6 since it'll be what amounts to an overpriced DLC of 5.
>>
File: tree_vs_gods.jpg (641 KB, 1920x1080)
641 KB
641 KB JPG
Tree beats Gods.
>>
>>1118259
Most non god giant sized creatures beat gods. It's one of the things that bothers me about the game. Most gods feel really lackluster even when they have special abilities. A giant snake with a 1d37 bite that gives you 20 points of poison is a better special ability than the average deity, and probably has more hp than them. They should be able to summon for free or something.
>>
I've managed to make my diamond iron dragon alive using two different heart replacements, one that makes it living and another that makes it regenerate. Turns out drowning units with cursed items works for transferring these items onto other units, so a bit of clever ship usage allowed me to keep the dragon alive while two unfortunate hobbits drowned.
>>
>>1118285
maybe their believes just didn't believe hard enough
>>
>>1118259
Fucking retard has a wagon wheel and glowstick - the fuck did he think was gonna happen?
>>
Any other Druid chads here? Something about that class just clicks with me. I try other classes and end up wishing I was playing Druid.
>>
>>1119926
What do you like about druid? I got tired of the capture ancient forest/summon animal chaff cycle before I got a druid upgraded to tier 3 to see what their best rituals are like
>>
>>1119926
>druid
>monkey
>dryad
I like these 3 the most so far for their mechanics/aesthetics, but I haven't tried everyone.
My necromancer lich power fantasy couldn't really take off in this game for various reasons and the game ends with me feeling unsatisfied.
>game ends before I can do the ritual
>couldn't find a decent base for phylactery
>one time I went all the way to Demilich and realised I can't move had to rely on the awkward teleport
Witch has a much better deal with just reviving in a random swamp she owns. Honestly should just replace it with a bog witch power fantasy. Even Bakemono gets a guaranteed safe spot complete with free chaff plus the sweet tengu.
>>
>>1120343
>game ends before I can do the ritual
I always put at least 1 dwarf queen AI into the game, they are incapable of losing without player intervention. So when I feel like exploring other planes I can just surround their 100 ballista dwarven city and go explore.
>>
File: hades_dwarf_queen.jpg (280 KB, 1920x1080)
280 KB
280 KB JPG
Ultimate cheese is using planar swap vs dwarves.
>>
File: IMG_20220704_023347.png (605 KB, 712x710)
605 KB
605 KB PNG
>>1062512
Am I retarded? How do I assign more resoruces to summoning?
>>
>>1120432
based swooceposter
>>
>>1120432
What I wanna know is, where’s the caveman?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (546 KB, 1000x528)
546 KB
546 KB PNG
>>1120481
>>
>>1120432
There's a bar with a slider you can drag. It's the same window where you pick which ritual to cast. Go slowly from top to bottom, you'll see it.
>>
>>1120516
Oh Christ, I AM retarded!
Thanks Anon. For some reason I thought this might be related to progress until character gets promoted. It's also weird having one slider for every spell, coming from dom 5
>>
>>1120343
Does Dryad Queen have tha same glacially slow start as in CoE4?
Also, what era is best for her? I know she needs Ancient Forests, but, if you want upgraded troops, she needs also mines and castles.
>>
>>1120654
>I know she needs Ancient Forests
You can turn any forest tile into a grove as long as there's at least 5 (or 6?) tiles between the ancient forest-like tiles.
>>
Do enchanters get any cool new stuff in 5? I liked them in 4 but it felt like the class could use a bit more.
>>
>>1067922
you do now
>>
>>1120820
yeah they got quite a few new summons, including animate tools summon that boosts your gold and iron income from mines
>>
File: 708px-Hylobates_lar32.jpg (73 KB, 450x337)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>1062512
How do I git gut at monke? The villages are too rare for a bonus, what's a secret?
>>
>>1122245
Get gems and summon creatures. All snakes can confuse or charm, and asparas sometimes have mind burn. Use the shitty monkies as fodder if you need. Almost all summons have magic weapons.
>>
I like how the Dryad has a "nuke the world" option. Just claim a bit of territory and spam Call of the Wild.

Fills literally every single square of the world with roaming animal doomstacks after a few uses.
>>
>>1122306
>Dryad's "nuke the world" is just a pre-game setting in options
>>
File: Untitled.png (1.31 MB, 665x1153)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB PNG
I like how I'm technically allowed to sail from Ryd to Typhia.
>>
>>1122377
>tfw no battleships flinging shit onto cities
Naval combat is cool, you can even sink the ship you're on if you bring fire weapons.
>>
File: worst hell.png (7 KB, 152x160)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
I can't play this game without getting horny anymore and I did this to myself. I hate being a coomer.
>>
>>1118691
do flying units drown at melted see?
>>
>>1120425
what? elaborate for a newbie plz
>>
>>1122940
Not him but planar swap swaps the location of a targeted cell between Elysium and Hades. So if you use it on, say, a tower, everyone in the tower will go to Hades and everyone in Hades tower will go to Elysium. Living things take damage in Hades until they die and Dwarf queens cannot normally move so in theory, they're stuck there.

Dwarfs can, however, make portals, so that's probably not a good idea to do to a player unless you want Hades flooding Elysium.

>>1122934
In his case, flying things can land on boats regardless of size so they won't get tired over water between turns, so whether they'll drown as a sea melts or just get exhausted status is moot.
>>
>>1122930
Which class?
>>
>>1122947
>In his case, flying things can land on boats regardless of size
I am that Anon and it's actually not true from my experiments, or rather the army screen didn't tell me it was a water capable army when I had a bout and a dragon. I had to wait for the water to freeze over, move the dragon along with the 2 hobbits over ice. Flying units get tired only after 1 round without support but land units drown immediately. Once the ice melted, hobbits drowned, dragon received their cursed items and I moved a commander with boat over to the dragon to command him back onto land before he drowns from fatigue.
>>
>>1123123
>I am that Anon and it's actually not true from my experiments
Yeah you're right, It's only small fliers that can land on full boats. Probably got it confused with things being able to walk onto boats and not die as long as they don't stay on it until next turn.
>>
>>1123112
Every class.
>>
>>1123212
>he wants to fuck the deep ones
Explain
>>
>>1123295
Aren't deep ones literally made to fuck humans? That's like their whole thing.
>>
File: goin places.jpg (78 KB, 1080x1032)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>1123295
>Explain
Okay so... I spice up my campaigns by imagining all the sapient beings in Elysium and the other planes are primarily female presenting hermaphrodites. When a particularly dominant girl defeats another, she becomes a futa and forces the loser to bear her offspring.
The implementation of this has gone through a few iterations and a lot of my material I've phased out has been deleted off my pc. But right now I have at least one saucy picture of something resembling every leader unit of every faction. I keep a paint file open while I play and I add the picture of every new conquest to the file as each are defeated to keep track of all the defeated opponents my faction leader has added to her harem.
I have dabbled in other game modes, like using the veryidlewatcher mod to pit some AI factions against each other and see who collects the largest and most interesting harem. I have even attempted to create some mods to reflect this more in the game itself but I have neither the time nor talent to waste on this ridiculous shit my dick drives me to.
Anyway, it's all fun when I have a day off and feel like being a gooning degenerate. But now when I go to play an innocent hour or so of the game vanilla, I can't help but feel my brain click over into coom mode. I am close to ruining this game for myself and I hate it.
>>
>>1123420
You know that you can just mod unit icons, it's literally just 2 pictures per unit. One static one when attacking.
>>
>>1123796
I'm quite aware, thank you. But I reiterate: neither the talent nor the time to waste to on my own coomer bullshit.
>>
>>1122294
I'm just not feeling it. Yogis' summons are cool, but expensive and Yogis themselves might not even be obtainable for year or two and other commanders are very barebones. Villages are useless and army itself does not feel particularily cheap to field. Feels like Hoburg but worse and with elephants.
>>
>>1122377
kino
>>
>>1124023
You're trying to play them as a spam army and they are not. They are a quality over quantity army. They're stronger than humans and way stronger than hoburgers. The gorilla archers are stronger than crossbowmen, longer range, and can mess up things in melee and are more or less all you need. I don't really buy the lower two tiers of monkeymen unless I just need a few archers to defend something or 15-30 weak guys to take the initial archer hits. The villages are whatever. Sometimes they make like 14 guys a year, sometimes they make 3 guys in 3 years. They're a bit more like cultists or priest kings. You use the yogis to summon better commanders who summon units themselves. Naga commanders are good because nagas are amphibious and they can also summon those nagini in the OP, who are assassin commanders with that charm assassination attack. Nagas also have lots of attacks, magic weapons, and can spit poison. There's another commander I can't remember the name of, but it summons garudas and these other guys with bows and they can all fly. Some mid level commanders can turn a site into a gem producing site if you need more gems. Most summoned commanders also have decent magic abilities and some are immortal.

Without the summons, they still have superior combatants and can easily take on humanoid forces larger than theirs. Elephants are nice, but don't buy too many of them. You'd usually be better off with more archers.
>>
>>1123420
why are futafags always like this lol
>>
File: 20220711222506_1.jpg (922 KB, 1920x1080)
922 KB
922 KB JPG
u wot m8
>>
>>1124317
map nukes may seem like a good idea, but you should really make sure the mage is either immune to the damage type or it hits enemies only
>>
>>1124284
I don't catch your meaning.
>>
>>1124317
woman moment
>>
>>1124419
He's referring to the inability of futa enjoyers to relate to pussy, as they only possess a penis. Hence why the prevalence of futa porn that features anal. Lack of education and empathy.
>>
File: 1599613840920.jpg (62 KB, 500x500)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>1124532
Uh.
Putting aside that I have no idea what on earth that means, I doubt that's what he was trying to say.
>>
>want to play a game of elysium
>look for shortcut on desktop
>it's gone
>5 minutes of searching
>remember I bought the game and deleted my pirate copy
>have to launch through steam
Damn old habits die hard.
>>
What's a non-manlet swarm faction?
>>
>>1125127
>What's a non-(manlet swarm) faction?
or
>What's a (non-manlet) swarm faction?
For the latter
Necromancer, barbarians maybe, dryad queen if satyrs are human sized.
>>
>>1125193
anon, theres a reason he used a hyphen.
>>
>troll king
>scout entire map
>0 swamps
>can't ever upgrade mum or any troll shamans
>convert every forest tile to troll forest
>no use for fungi anymore
this is bullshit why can map generate without swamps
>>
>>1125200
Just go to a different plane
>>
>>1125206
There's no pit to underground, even if I get a scroll to inferno I'd never make it back with an upgraded shaman. There's no swamps in sky. Only option is sailing the ocean for 100 turns to find water plane, then making it to primal plane. Most my units don't even fit on boats.
>>
>>1125193
That makes me wonder, what's a non-swarm manlet faction?
>>
>>1125295
I think Dwarfs aren't really a swarm faction but are probably played as one, Demonogist maybe because of imps.
>>
>>1124847
You know steam has shortcuts, right?
>>
>>1125200
What era are you playing?
>>
>>1125560
Visiting the library tells me something about a guy gathering support from villages and building up an army to unite elysium, and how it's the year 0, brigands are gone etc. Think it's the empire era?
>>
>>1125620
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2614207624
should be able to match it up with something here
>>
>>1124707
It means anon is a faggot, as he is primarily attracted to the penis.
>>
>>1125624
Yea it's definitely "The Empire" era.
>He managed to convince a few nearby towns that he was the leader to unite Elysium
>>
>>1125640
I think you get more swamps in the dark ages or fallen empire eras. I mean, that's how it was in 4, dunno how much world layout has changed in 5.
>>
File: file.png (446 KB, 1172x291)
446 KB
446 KB PNG
>that description
>mindless
>>
>>1125988
It has achieved a higher state of mindfulness, which is often confused for mindlessness in the unenlightened.
>>
>>1125988
>some say
crucial phrase. man I love CoE's unit descriptions, the wildlife especially always make me chuckle
>>
When should I not be appointing vassals as Baron?
>>
>>1126057
I only played 2 baron games, but logically each vassal means less knights for doomstack. Not sure if you can steal vassal units, but it does give you plus 1 gold per turn per vassal. I just use a vassal as a fallback outpost for defense in depth.
>>
File: oh.png (249 KB, 967x1400)
249 KB
249 KB PNG
>>1064769
Enchanter getting a "repair construct" ability of some kind, even as an overpriced ritual, has been on my wishlist since COE3.
maybe one of these days it might happen
>>
>play dryad
>start in north pole
>everything snowy
>right next to dwarf queen shitting armies every turn
>takes 4 movement points per forest
>defrosts for 3 turns per year
>way south blocked by mountains
>AI troll king right beyond mountains
>AI witch enslaves troll king
More painful than my troll king playthrough without swamp on the whole map.
>>
>>1126672
>AI witch enslaves troll king
kino
>>
How do I play early game enchanter? Bow spam?
>>
Why can't my Rakshasa General (the level 1 ape demon caster) do the mastery ritual to get to level 2?

It's says "not possible to cast here", but it also says "can be cast anywhere", and I don't see any other summoning conditions. I have the blood.
>>
>>1127053
I think that the Raksharaja has a mechanic where you can only have one "top-level" recruited caster, so you won't be able to promote a Rakshasa General into a Raksharaja until you've promoted your Raksharaja into a Raksharishi. I've noticed a bit of weirdness with that mechanic, too - you can actually promote the summoned female Rakshasi into level 3 casters until you have a Raksharishi, at which point you lose the ability to promote them.
>>
>>1126992
I did bow and terracotta warrior
>>
>>1127053
>>1127059
man I haven't even gotten any Rakshasa General recruitment offers yet and I'm pretty far in, hate it when this shit happens
>>
>>1126992
I prefer making flesh golems because they can heal and maybe a few necrotods if I can get the spell. Bows are essential all the time.
>>
>>1127083
>>1127119
Which of the 4 default tier 2 summons should I be focusing on?
I tried wood but they went down like chumps. I also got the gold and silver dogs spell and, although they're more powerful, they really ate into my gold income
>>
>>1127219
Clay golems are amazing because of their regen but how many swamps you can find is pretty random
>>
>Dwarves sending out hordes of 2-4 stacks to snatch up every single undefended site
They're like goddamn cockroaches
>>
>>1127219
I use wood for cheap tanks and because forests suck anyway, just a few along with the flesh golems and some animated swords. Stone can last longer but I wouldn't make more than one of them. Ice can heal in cold areas, but I'd only use that to make a lake into a swamp for a swamp golem and also you need a lake which are generally more rare than swamps. I generally try to make as much cheap stuff as possible so I can hurry to a higher level. Enchanters are support mages and can really help their armies with their spells, but also you can start collecting gems when you get the ritual that lets you make magic items.
>>
>>1062512
I really don't get the appeal of this game in contrast to dominions. What's appealing about limited roster and fuck you randomness?
>>
>>1127390
you can actually beat the game
>>
>>1127358
I like how deterministic they are. They have no reliance on RNG, can always recruit scouts and commanders.
>>
>>1127390
>I really don't get the appeal of this game in contrast to dominions
It's not competing with, nor in contrast to Dominions. Randomness is the reason the game is fun.
>>
I am kinda addicted to this game, but I hate it.

I don't like how battles are so all-or-nothing.
How you have to grind for so long to do cool things.
How you can't influence much how many of the cool things you can do, because mechanics are locked behind classes.
How you need casters but their spawn is random and limited, like the items.
How the UI is clunky and slow.
How you need to play animations at 800% if you actually want to know what happened, because chaff takes forever to do their thing, but then you miss caster doing the actually important thing.
How almost only the enchanter can have an impact on the terrain.
How you can't develop cities.
How you have to chase after 4 wolves capping all your tiles.
How a fourth of AI players dies in the first 3 turns.
How the AI is no challenge, unless you roid it up with 400% resource cheats.

This game could be so much more...
>>
>>1127438
>How you have to chase after 4 wolves capping all your tiles.
I wish the Less Aggressive Animals mod became part of the base game.
>How a fourth of AI players dies in the first 3 turns.
Similarly, I wish the Capitol Defense mod became part of the base game as well. Really makes a difference to AI survivability when the capitol has an immobile commander and strong defenders.
>>
Is there a way to play senator that doesn't suck massive dick?

>Boring playstyle
>Requires constantly chasing deers and snakes off of mines to keep production high
>No cool magic

Literally just build Romans, attack with Romans, repeat. How to play him in a fun way
>>
>>1127514
be autistic and love roleplaying as a roman.
>>
>>1127438
>How you have to chase after 4 wolves capping all your tiles.
>>1127514
>Requires constantly chasing deers and snakes off of mines to keep production high
You can leave troops on a tile without a commander, as defenses. You can do this on top of pyramids to dissuade horrors from coming through. Neutral AI units are giant pussies and will rarely attack defended tiles.
>>
>>1127288
An apt comparison; they really can be a headache if allowed to spread unchecked for a bit.
>>
>>1127438
The scourge lord can fuck the world into a desert, so there's that.
>>
>>1127438
You should try Age of Wonders instead

I do dislike that you cannot run away. I can see how it'd make the game longer, but it feels like it'd be more fitting for races like the kobolds, and make disease and morale worth more.

I think most of the other stuff is outside the scope of the game. Being simple is why is fun. Building up a city and then someone razing it and then rebuilding it again is boring to me. I do wish there was a way to replenish cities since certain things can take them down a size or destroy them, but I feel that should be out of the player's control unless it's something specific like the baron or hoburgher upgrades. Animals being aggressive is also why the game is fun. Most games get really boring once you're past the initial expansion phase, but here you can defeat your greatest enemy just to be faced with the hordes of animals he was succumbing to and all of his remaining summons.

>How a fourth of AI players dies in the first 3 turns.
This is a consequence of either having too many AIs so they all start next to each other and can be resolved by putting them on teams and having teams be grouped, or because the AI can't save scum. I have started in situations where I will die in three turns too and just keep starting until I can overcome it. I feel like the AI should get a few rerolls or have their first few summons be 100%. It's one thing that makes me not want to play multiplayer, I know a fourth of the players will immediately die and beg for a restart or something.

>>1127539
They will absolutely attack anything they believe they can beat.
>>
>>1127852
>I know a fourth of the players will immediately die and beg for a restart or something.
Maybe you should just start with two starting towns, in addition to both having a an immobile defender unit for, say, the first 20 turns.
>>
>>1127514
idk senator seems pretty engaging to me with lots of unique mechanics, also you do get some cool fire mages and the revelers that can tag ancient forests and make them spit out crazy naked women freespawn. And you have the ultimate goal of taking the empire capital and eventually becoming a literal god.
Haven't tried going to Hades and becoming the dark sheev emperor but that would be a good challenge run too
>>
>>1127875
I must have missed that- maybe I just started in a bad position- searched everywhere for the capital, and the reveler freespawn was pretty underwhelming, one naked lady a turn that gets eaten by everything.

What's the top tips for senator to stop being overproduced by everyone and everything?
>>
>>1127894
>searched everywhere for the capital
make sure you're playing on Empire or Dawn of New Empire, those are the best senator starts and always have a capital
>>
>>1127438
I think the game should draw very rough and incomplete map of Elysium for you over fog of war. It's thematic, but it would allievate game's #1 issue: you are at mercy of rng map gen, AND mercy of luck, since vast majority of time you see jack hit, yo might be mising out on gamechanging resource spot just tile away and never have any idea. It's two very strong layers of luck stacked on top of ach other.
>>
>>1128080
> #1 issue:
That's a feature, not an issue. go play some symmetrical map RTS if you don't like randomness.
>>
>>1128082
Anon he's right
The game is fun if you're just loading it up to see what will happen, but it's rng heavy as shit and not balanced at all
>>
>>1128123
>not balanced at all
That's a good thing.
>>
>>1128123
WE KNOW. Why do you guys keep going with this hot take? We know it's not balanced and no one cares except for people that don't get it.
>>
>>1127390
It's singleplayer.
>>
>first battle
>troll king is converted by will o wisp
Fuck this game
>>
What's the point of spells like "Veil Village" in singleplayer?
>>
>>1128276
outskilled

>>1128314
presumably to hide your village from the ai.
>>
>>1128361
>outskilled

>on my next troll king game
>spawn near beanstalk
>7 or so cloud cities, ripe for the taking
I won that game
>>
>spend 40 turns gathering special materials to summon elder god of destruction
>summon him on frozen sea tile, it unfreezes
>elder god of destruction drowns

>>1128361
>presumably to hide your village from the ai.
I don't feel like it does anything.
>>
>>1128614
>Summoning anything on frozen sea

You got what you deserved
>>
File: 20220716112201_1.jpg (575 KB, 1920x1080)
575 KB
575 KB JPG
>>1062512
Okay, Illwinter, I smirked
>>
>>1128671
Where's the ring of power?
>>
>>1128614
>I don't feel like it does anything.
I'm sure you feel like the AI can't only see a space or 2 around its armies and stupidly stumbles into your armies while scouting as well. I doubt it does anything for players or AI if they know where your village is already.
>>
File: 20220716155734_1.jpg (411 KB, 1920x1080)
411 KB
411 KB JPG
>Play Scourge Lord
>First game taht actually goes somewhat well
>Still wind up losing to other Scourge Lord taht keeps pulling armies out of thin air
>decide to camp out on remote mountain of power I made and harass opponent with sheiks but it's not going well, still losing
>Remember that I have Pyramid Gate randomly use it on AI's unguarded pyramids
>itsworking.png
>>
>>1128786
Just so you know, you can teleport across planes that way, in case you feel like draining the primal realm or something.
>>
>>1128799
I haven't found the scroll yet. There's rainbow and one way portal to void, I'm definitelly going to hit the void next.
AI Scourge in response to me owning their biggest armies has... built another pyramid. With what turned out to be their last commander.
>>
I don't really get the demon monkeys. How am I supposed to play them?
>>
>No one answered your calls.
Oh god, did I just exhaust the T3 demon monkey summons?
>>
>>1128973
yep, you or the ai got them the all
time to burn the world down
>>
>>1128973
Each time Rasatala Summoning is cast, it does one of the following:

25%: Create a new Danava commander.
25%: Create a new Daitya commander.
25%: Attempt to summon and take ownership of an existing Mandeha commander.
25%: Attempt to summon and take ownership of an existing Asura commander.

There's no limit on the number of Danavas or Daityas that can be created.
>>
What does the demonologist get out of going to Inferno, just extra land?
>>
>>1128933
I just rely on the small monkey archers and gorilla archers for expansion same as with the regular monkey faction. The strength buffs your mages can give to the archers are pretty insane. As for the summons they get exponentially better with each tier so try to get your main dude to tier 3 fast. I didn't even bother with the raise dead/outfitting dead necromancer-like mechanic, didn't seem worth my time. Maybe in the very beginning as pure meat shields
>>
>>1131140
If you ever had a situation where you know your army is going to die next turn, you can separate the commander and sacrifice the army so the commander can run away. Same thing with that I think.
>>
How the fuck am I supposed to play unarmored factions like Kobolds and Barbarians
>>
>>1132263
kobolds you just drown the world in your chaff and cheap mages, also making sure to take advantage of the drake recruitment opportunities when you get them. barbarians legitimately feel bad though, don't enjoy playing as them
>>
>>1132263
Kobolds have armor. Upgrade your kobold base and you freespawn them. Upgrading your base is essential.
>>
A portal to the primal plane opened up in my Kobold game. Luckily the other two AIs remaining are another Kobold and the cloud lord, so hopefully they can both hold out while I fuck around with planar conquest.
>>
>>1132263
Barbars you just spam spooky ghosts.
I also really like the amazons with their tattoos, especially the archers.
>>
>>1133226
>just got an infernal torch
These fuckers will burn
>>
File: 1648757789081.jpg (215 KB, 1024x1024)
215 KB
215 KB JPG
Ive been really enjoying CoE5 (yarr) but I wanted to play with mods so I can make it past turn 20 without the AI doing an hero. Imagine the sorrow as I discover that steamdownloader and its copysites no longer work.
Why Gabe? Why have you fucked me so?
>>
>>1135073
>so I can make it past turn 20 without the AI doing an hero
Put a Dwarf Queen AI into your game, they are incapable of losing to other AIs or neutrals.
>>
>>1135073
get a job nigga
>>
>>1135606
I would have never bought this game if I didn't pirate it first and played a few dozen hours. Digital products are free, paying for it is a donation.
>>
So Cloud Lord AI finally got a fix?
I swear it was the dumbest one of them all.
>>
>>1135820
It gets a fix every other update. I think the class needs a fix instead of the AI.
>>
>>1135606
>>1135811
I actually really want to buy the game and support the devs but 30 bucks is way too fucking much for a broke
college kid. Ill be waiting for a sale, thank you very much
>>1135570
Thanks, any more tips on helping the AI stay alive long enough to fight?
>>
>>1128276
Troll king is surprisingly bunk in my experience. Dont worry tho, his momma go hard
>>
>>1135820
It still almost immediately shits the bed and dies. The swedes should have made them black then they would have put more effort into making them not suck.
>>
>>1135073
There are other steam downloaders anon, look it up
>>
>>1136073
Never buy games when you're broke, no shame in that.
>>
>pathboost can now be used multiple times on one item
What did they mean by this?

>>1128973
>>1129747
>>1130918
Patch notes:
>Fixed spawning of Raksharaja Gods on Primal Plane

Maybe it was bugged?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (1.01 MB, 2096x1336)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
Heck of a battle. The captain busted down the gate and slew 7 of the dudes himself. The initiate finished the remaining 3 by bopping them with his scepter.
>>
>>1137665
forts are such a huge force multiplier for ranged units, even shitty ones like slingers. it's nuts
>>
So am I correct in thinking this is from the same guys who made Dominions? UI looks similar, battle map looks a lot worse though.
>>
>>1137708
idk are you capable of ctrl+F "dominions"
>>
>>1136410
I spent a bunch of time trying to find one but to no avail, the replacement site doesnt have CoE5 cached. Neither do I want to get my steam account banned by using the cmd downloader because CoE5 workshop wont let you cmd download anonymously. If anyone knows of another website I'm all ears but sadly everything I could find didnt pan out.
>>
Best map size?
>>
>>1138140
True patricians go for enormous (or whatever the largest size is called) and never actually complete a map
>>
>>1138140
why do anything except the largest with maximum players? if you get bored, quit and do another.
>>
>>1138140
100 x 100 (using command line options)
>>
>>1138216
>>1138242
>>1138355
Are you guys meming or serious?
t. newfag
>>
>>1138485
I, for one, like large maps. I do finish them however. I like having lots of different factions and if you put too many on too small a map, they'll kill each other instead of growing. Sometimes I'll play a medium map with 3 or 4 opponents if I want to try out something with a class or just be done in an hour.

Just like with era, map size really changes the gameplay for certain classes.
>>
>>1138485
it is no meme, large maps are just better, especially if you want to have a good chance to see more of the rare or unique stuff that can spawn in any given era
>>
Is their something wrong with the dwarf AI? Why is it deploying a shit ton of extremely weak armies. They're getting fucked by everyone.
>>
>>1138898
Ai dwarf seems to be intentionally designed to not win but not lose either
>>
>>1138911
This. They're made to be as annoying as possible - sending out a gorillion little shitstacks to fruitlessly attempt to colonize every mountain and mine.
>>
>>1138898
Dorfs can just make commanders so they go sniffing out undefended territory to take over. They spawn tons of dorfs too so it doesn't matter if they sacrifice a few here and there.
>>
So for voice of El, I don't get anything out of converting territory I can easily hold, right?
>>
>>1140767
at least in CoE4 you only got flagellant event freespawn in converted settlements, so that's another reason to convert
>>
dead
>>
>>1143091
Honestly don't like monkeys and all those monkey classes.

I want a sophisticated beautiful elven race, the only one in game that's a bit related is the dryad with centaurs. Maybe cloud lord but flying makes units suicide during combat.
>>
>>1143133
gb2/primalplane/
>>
>>1143133
Why haven't the dumb swedes added in a sidhe race yet?
>>
>>1144181
>Why haven't the dumb swedes added in a sidhe race yet?
Because you Elven fucks have an entire plane of existence to you already. (Primal Plane.)
>>
>>1144364
>primal plane
>it's all cavemen and giant humans
>small pockets of monkey demons
>random wandering wisps
I visited the primal plane twice, never got the impression that there's some beautiful noble people there. It's just primitive savages and more monkeys.

Why are cloudfolk such retards?
>can fly
>but will not use this ability for better range or evasion
>just rush closer into melee
Flying units should be overpowered against any melee.
>>
>>1145052
>I visited the primal plane twice, never got the impression that there's some beautiful noble people there.
They're invisible. Plebs aren't allowed to look upon their glorious forms. Come back with spirit sight and look at the towns. Or just try attacking one.

>Flying units should be overpowered against any melee.
Flying units do get some esoteric dodge bonus, but I think it's against ranged attacks. Flying units are really good against ranged actually, because they can get into melee really quickly and just fly over walls. The monkeys' flying units are some of their best, as are flying kobolds.
>>
I fucking hate elves in dominions but I'll admit it is strange that there is no traditional DnD elf faction in CoE, considering that most other DnD tropes are represented (dorfs, generic medieval humans, even halflings)
>>
>>1145923
Well Elysium is a death world where nature hates you. Elves tend to fucking love nature, so they'd be purged if they hadn't all ran away during the plane split.
>>
How do you get a consistent start Dryad or Witch? Whether they make it past the early game or not seems to be based almost heavily on luck.
>>
>>1147507
I don't know about dryad, but witch has poison and/or charm which are both pretty powerful and her recruitable archers also poison enemies. Swamp monsters are fairly good units as well. I think grabbing some forests/swamps and turtling for a while if you don't have a charm spell is probably a decent idea. Otherwise, do like other charm classes and get yourself an army of animals.
>>
>>1146469
>the plane split

The what now?
>>
>>1148586
You know those events where other planes start leaking into elysium? That was a permanent state before cosmic war shit. You can play as Voice of El and break the seals for shits and giggles, or play Old Ones and release the old gods from imprisonment.
>>
>>1148586
Everything used to be one plane, but then it split into a bunch of different planes. For a while there were portals connecting them still, but those closed as well. All the sidhe "elf" races ran off to the primal plane before the gates sealed and set up their lands there. A bunch of giants and monsters were left behind in Elysium but went to sleep under swamps. At some point Baal manifested on Terra or whatever it was called and destroyed most of the world/plane before El and his followers tried to stop him. They failed and the followers got exiled to Elysium(via riding some magic boat through the void), but Baal agreed to stop fucking up the world in exchange for sacrifices. At some point he was imprisoned in the nexus. I think only humans and possibly hobugers are from Terra.(since hoburgers are able to be protected/affected by El.)
>>
>Cloudfolk float but cannot fly despite living in the sky
Why?
>>
>>1150182
>cloudfolk need to live on clouds
Eh, it sort of makes sense I guess.
>>
>>1145923
In CoE2 there was Dark/Light Elves with the Seelie/Unseelie court
>>
>>1151237
Why was it removed?
>>
>>1151237
Really? They actually removed a faction? That's fucking weird.
>>
>>1153358
>>1153415
CoE2 was totally different in tone, as there was also an orc warlord. Illwinter wanted to make a setting based more on myth with the Dominions series.
>>
>>1154635
Honestly I’m glad they did. The dominions setting is so refreshing compared to tranny fantasy
>>
>>1138898
Getting too many dwarf workers in your bases can be really bad because they are front liners and can push all your range units back so far that they become useless. So it’s probably smart of the AI to just send them out to scout and maybe take something. Personally I create the portals to agartha and just stick them there.
>>
>>1154654
>compared to tranny fantasy
Troll Shaman and Barbarian Spirit Guide (in CoE) are trans though
>>
>>1154714
>he doesn't leave trails of workers across the map
Just take a commander with 100 workers and leave them all around as scouts.
>>
>>1154714
Surround your base with them so the enemy can never reach it.
>>
>>1154654
the scourge lord lost lmao
>>
>>1062512
there was another game that had this grid-based fighting mechanic, i think it had "battle" or "war" in its name. futuristic with tanks, can't find it ANYWHERE. if any anon knows what im talking about please link it, been trying to find this game from my childhood
>>
>>1154935
>>1154962
I know but I couldn’t be bothered with that. I was playing on max difficulty and the AI had unlimited units basically so it would just slow things down. It was just faster to let them impale themselves on my bases with dozens of enchanted ballistae. Plus all the workers being underground made it easy to reinforce any base I needed with as many workers as I wanted.
>>
I wish there was a vampire type faction that wasn't tied to necromancer and was more like the baron, or at least that there was an intelligent undead faction.
>>
>>1157390
So you want LA Ulm in Coe5?
>>
>>1155107
War Wind
KKND
Z https://store.steampowered.com/app/275530/Z/
Army Men
Cavewars
Blood&Magic
Original War
>>
>>1157441
Looking it up, not quite. I imagine it like the baron in that you go around appointing lesser vampires who generate you free spawn intelligent undead of various abilities from the towns they inhabit, and corrupting ancient forests and old battlefields to spawn various evil animals, monsters, and intelligent specters. They'd have mages and not priests or whatever those illuminati guys are.

The intelligent undead faction would be more like more like the kind of happy-to-be-undead type faction that exists to peel the flesh off the living and turn them into more happy-to-be-undead guys.
>>
>>1157780
>more like the kind of happy-to-be-undead type faction
skeleton hands typed this post
>>
>>1157591
huh, none of these match.
it was back in 2005 iirc. was multiplayer, had square tanks and vehicle icons on a grid as a focus. most likely a browser game too
>>
>>1157987
Paranoia https://playclassic.games/games/real-time-strategy-dos-games-online/play-paranoia-online/
>>
>>1158645
close, but not this either. paranoia doesn't have multiplayer and the graphics are different. vehicles didn't "move" per se, it was more like moving units in chess. i THINK it had a black background with a green grid? think of MMORTS games but older, that was the game was like iirc
>>
>>1159028
*to add on, it was also in english, and you could chat with other players in it

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.