[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

New dev diary just dropped. Probably not worth making a new thread, but /vst/ is slow enough that whatever thread dies deserved it.
We sacrificed the stars in order to take care of niggers :^)
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1670650/view/3220648172697421193
>>
>>1055810
If this game does even a third of what it's promising to do, it will be the Holy Grail of grand strategy games.
>>
>The space industry is currently worth 420 billion dollars, ten times more than the movie industry which is rather generously represented in the game (directors, actors, Hollywood as a special sector).
what kino are you guys gonna fund in your game?
>>
>>1055931
The Moon Landing
>>
>>1055931
accurate documentaries about how Saddam Hussain is God's chosen
>>
This game promises so many things I want, but I have no faith that it'll deliver even half of them. I want them to prove me wrong, but I've seen these sort of ambitious projects before.
>>
>>1055810
>CIA and KGB fighting on the moon
Please, god. I want this so badly.
>>
File: szk5di2hrvw31.jpg (27 KB, 504x392)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>We sacrificed the stars in order to take care of niggers :^)
>>
File: 1523054355283.png (315 KB, 402x617)
315 KB
315 KB PNG
>>1056484
We stopped funding space stuff because of shit like picrel. Don't deny it.
It was multiple times cheaper to rebuild Europe post-WWII than it was to keep Africa running post-colonialism, not to mention all that the USA has spent on welfare for the perpetual underclass that is its African Diaspora population.
I did some inflation adjustments and we could have funded a fucking space colony with the money we spent on both actual Africans and African-Americans.
>>
>>1056673
>money we spent on both actual Africans
What a brainlet take. Countries that give money to Africa earn tenfold on it in cheap resources and as market outlets. Do you seriously think the political-financial systems of the world are some sort of a fucking charity? I can't believe I'm siding with a Robbie here, but your take is just as shit.
>>
>>1056708
>Countries that give money to Africa earn tenfold on it in cheap resources and as market outlets
nope, leftie nonsense. the truth of the matter is that africa is not exporting much at all, and what it does export it is paid for fairly
>>
>>1056712
>africa is not exporting much at all
>he says while wearing a cotton shirt, sipping on coffee with sugar, using a computer made from rare earth elements
lmao
>leftie
LMAO
>fairly
LMAOOO, you think I give a shit if it's fair?
>>
>>1056718

wouldn't be much simpler and cheaper to extract the resources without taking care of the natives ? africa has gone from 100 millions in 1900 to 1,4 billion today ? that's a lot of useless eaters
>>
>>1056712
>leftie
no one except demented gen x losers says "leftie". embarrassing that you're here
>>
File: chinlet.png (56 KB, 204x201)
56 KB
56 KB PNG
>I did some inflation adjustments and we could have funded a fucking space colony with the money we spent on both actual Africans and African-Americans.
>>
>>1056724
>wouldn't be much simpler and cheaper to extract the resources without taking care of the natives ?
Yes instead of building niggers a well so that they don't die next dry spell and paying them 3 dollars a month, it would be much cheaper and simpler to just transport white people half a world, create livable living conditions for them, convince them to migrate to Malaria Coast when they have better job opportunities at home and defend them from the locals. You're so dumb it's astounding.
>>
>>1056708
>Countries that give money to Africa earn tenfold on it in cheap resources and as market outlets.
The world has spent the equivalent of twenty Marshall Plans on Africa. It's still 90% shithole and hasn't repaid a fucking penny's worth of what's been dumped into it.
>t. Actually lived in Tanzania and Zaire growing up so fuck your rose tinted glasses you retarded leftist asshole
>>
>>1056743

Yeah you're right, the idea of white people going around the world colonizing countries and exploiting resources themselves is totally unheard of in History
>>
>>1056749
>>1056724
electionfag redditspacing lol
>>1056744
nice larp retard
>>
Why does Africa trigger strategy gamers so much? Ok, I get it you're racist. That's cool. But your incompetent economical ""analysis"" is unneeded. Like, bruh. Cite some sources or something.
>>
>>1056744
>It's still 90% shithole
Yes, nobody cares, not me, not people who donated the money. Maybe you misunderstood, and think I'm implying that the goal of all this money for schools was to actually build schools? No, it was meant to afford local warlord some weapons so that he stays loyal to America or China and is not replaced by one loyal to Soviets or France. Or at least doesn't start a genocide so that bananas keep coming to European grocery stores.
>and hasn't repaid a fucking penny's worth of what's been dumped into it
>t. Actually lived in Tanzania and Zaire growing up
And? What does that have to do with anything? If you have been a cotton trader that's been trading since decolonization ended, your opinion would matter.
>leftist
Ex-fucking-dee

>>1056749
>wouldn't it be cheaper and easier
>but white people sometimes colonized
At this point it's not goalpost moving, it's outright goalpost changing.
>>
>>1056770
t. american nigger
>>
File: John-Oliver.jpg (1.36 MB, 1920x1080)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB JPG
>>1055810
>>1056673
>>1056712
I blame it more on the cult of midwits that make snarky 90IQ takes about how much space is a waste of time on their phone that wouldn't exist without technology discovered during the space race.
>>
>>1056781
>>
>>1056708
So we spent billions upon billions to get coltan mined by literal children with pickaxes and shovels... and some place to dump shirts for losing sports teams.
>>
File: 8N5A2435-cropped.jpg (266 KB, 1600x809)
266 KB
266 KB JPG
>>1056835
What a sane world view.
>>
>>1056835
Yes. And still turned a profit on it. Today more people work in DR Congo's mines than were living in it in 1945.
>>
>>1056741
Okay, try the clinical term then, “faggot homosexual”
>>
>>1056770
Its one tranny autist, you can identify him by the keyword "useless eater" whenever there is a similar thread.
>>
>>1056937
>tranny
No.
>autist
Yes. Excuse me for not wanting us to all die on a poisonous hellhole of a world because we thought it'd be a great idea to waste resources on babysitting the trash of the species and creating useless plastic garbage to use and then throw away.
>>
>>1056949
>Want resources of Africa
>Throw money at Africa so the population exponentially increases
>More workers harvesting more shit equal more $$$
You're fucking retarded if you think the west just aids Africa to "babysit" them out of the goodness of their bleeding hearts. It's the same thing that China does, only China is honest about it. It's objectively a great plan too; there is infinitely more wealth in the world then there was prior to decolonization. Maybe not for you; but nobody gives a shit about you or spreading your faggot genes across the stars.
>>
>>1056770
It's just retarded napkin math. They look at the value of 300 billion in grain or medicine etc and think the government has the power to command those companies to make fantasy jet fuel instead or something. A more compelling argument would be "why are we paying for food and healthcare in x country instead of here" but that would involve giving food and safety to American blacks too so that's not okay lol
>>
>>1056949
You were always going to die on this shithole anyway. You're not rich or important enough to escape. Nothing your foaming at the mouth about would have changed that.
>>
>>1057210
>>1057136
>>1057057
How fucking spastic do you niggers have to be to shit up a thread after two posts before you already did the same?
>>
File: lol lizard.gif (1.34 MB, 800x533)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB GIF
>>1055932
kek nice
>>
>/pol/ and leftypol shits up yet another thread with their autistic culture war bullshit
Fuck off back to /v/ or /his/ or whatever garbage board you crawled out of.
>>
>>1058579
>shits up yet another thread
Next time don't put your retarded takes in the OP.
>>
>>1058620
Next time keep the board subject in mind you shitgargling tourist.
>b-b-b-but he did thing
I don't give a shit. Go swallow some broken glass and save us all from your retardation.
>>
>>1056708
ha ha ha

t. Swede
>>
>>1058623
>faggot OP unwittingly writes /pol/bait
>cries when /pol/bait is taken
I don't give a shit. Go swallow some broken glass and save us all from your retardation.
>>
>>1056708
Damn you are either stupid or live on some fantasy planet.
Post WW2 western charity is the only reason there are so many Africans these days.
>>
>>1058650
That's the point, you fucking moron. Refer to >>1057057 and >>1056902
I hope this game does decolonization justice so all you white niggers can learn something instead of spouting your nonsense here.
>>
>>1056718
>he says while wearing a cotton shirt, sipping on coffee with sugar, using a computer made from rare earth elements
>cotton
grown in china and india, weaved in bangladesh
>coffee
grown almost excusively in brazil and vietnam
>computer
china again

god i hate communists
>>
the worst part is that it's literally impossible to tell if he's the real deal or just pretending to be retarded, because you damn well know there's some portland red who would just as well be completely sincere
>>
>>1056718
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_raw_cotton_exports

The US, Brazil and India are making all of the worlds cotton

Africa does a little better for coffee but the majority is cultivated in SA and SEA
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_coffee_production

https://www.statista.com/statistics/273437/exported-amount-of-sugar-in-leading-countries/#:~:text=Sugar%3A%20exports%20of%20major%20countries%202020%2F2021&text=Brazil%20has%20the%20highest%20export,tons%20of%20sugar%20that%20year.

Brazil, Thailand and India again making the vast majority of the worlds sugar.

Given Africas size and resources, its pathetic how little they are producing.
>>
>>1058737
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_raw_cotton_exports
>The US, Brazil and India are making all of the worlds cotton
>African countries only listed there collectively sit at number 4 with 1135 million $ worth
>implying this doesn't have a huge effect on cotton prices
Economically illiterate retard
>Africa does a little better for coffee but the majority is cultivated in SA and SEA
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_coffee_production
>implying this doesn't have a huge effect on coffee prices
>https://www.statista.com/statistics/273437/exported-amount-of-sugar-in-leading-countries/#:~:text=Sugar%3A%20exports%20of%20major%20countries%202020%2F2021&text=Brazil%20has%20the%20highest%20export,tons%20of%20sugar%20that%20year.
>Brazil, Thailand and India again making the vast majority of the worlds sugar.
I'm not making an account there just to read on that you ignored the fact that African countries are counted separately once again.
>Given Africas size and resources, its pathetic how little they are producing.
Yes. And?

>>1058716
>>computer
>china again
>what are rare earth materials
>where is 90% of world's cobalt mined
>god i hate communists
I hate economically illiterate retards who think that billions dollars worth of food could magically be transferred into magic science mana to make space technology come faster. Communists among them.
>>
>>1056718
>>1058767
>Get destroyed
>Pretend like it's not happening
This is some Nick Fuentes-tier shit.
>>
>>1058794
>retard gets an answer for every single retard point he's trying to make
>n-no you got destroyed and are pretending you aren't
Nice projection, retard. Here's some homework for you. Look up how hard is it to further increase crop production in cramped South America and India, and compare it with how easy it is to do so in still unexploited Africa.
>>
>>1058803
I'm not even the guy you're in a slapfight with kek.
>>
>>1058866
>heh, I can't even disprove any of your claims but you got destroyed kiddo
>this is just like my american e-celebs
>praise kek
Leave
>>
File: 1645286120108.jpg (498 KB, 2200x1486)
498 KB
498 KB JPG
>n-no there's no correlation between slashing space budgets and space exploration slowing down
Fucking retards on this board I swear
>>
>>1058907
Ugh... VGH...
>>
>>1055931
KSP2
>>
>>1055931
Films whitewashing whatever atrocities my country commited both before the game starts and whatever happened while I was playing.
>>
>>1058907
Nobody in this entire thread said this.
>>
>>1058892
>No one said Kek before 2015
Found the newfag
>>
>>1058937
They said it all over the thread.
>>
>>1058892
>>heh, I can't even disprove any of your claims but you got destroyed kiddo
Your claims so far are "You're retarded" and "LOL, LMAO, LMFAO". Then when you get called out on it you resort to ad hominens.
>>
File: 1652558726319.jpg (12 KB, 225x225)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>1056742
No need for inflation adjustments, niggers are just a sinkhole for money
>>
Also, western "investment" in Africa seems to have fucked over the entire continent
>send food aid to Africa
>local farmers are undercut by literal free food
>shut down their farms
>doesn't solve the root causes of hunger in the first place and encourages dysgenic breeding so you wind up with 15 malnourished Africans instead of 2
Unironically, most of Africa is under a population bubble, and when it pops there's going to be a humanitarian disaster of untold proportions, literal biblical type shit.
>>
>>1058955
My claims are that Africa is a huge exporter of cheap raw resources and rare earth minerals, this has been achieved mainly through international aid and the collective West in general and the US in particular has earned on it's investment.
The only responses I've got to this are: 'y-you're a commie' which deserves no more detailed response than 'LMAO', 'computers are made in China' to which I nudged the simpleton to find out what computers are made of and where are those minerals extracted, and 'But no African country is number 1 exporter of resources you claim' to which I've responded that, yes, contributing i.e. 12% of world production in case of coffee has a huge effect on the market. If you're so functionally illiterate you cannot read this, or so dumb you can't realize this on your own, you deserve no further response than 'you're retarded'.
>>
>>1058988
Africa doesn't produce anything by themselves except slave labor in a resource rich region of the earth that was never properly exploited for those resources. If all the niggers were gone, all the functioning countries would colonize it and start building it up as real countries. Niggers are negative opportunity cost on the whole world at best.
Money goes to a warlord, he makes sure his slaves harvest or mine some basic resource. Everything else is handled by whites or chinese people, from transport and logistics to actually bringing it to market somewhere. That's not exporting anything, that's just providing slave labor.
>>
>>1059010
>Africa doesn't produce anything by themselves except slave labor in a resource rich region of the earth that was never properly exploited for those resources.
>Money goes to a warlord, he makes sure his slaves harvest or mine some basic resource.
>Everything else is handled by whites or chinese people, from transport and logistics to actually bringing it to market somewhere.
I think you're trying to move goalposts, but as you're inadvertendly agreeing with me, I accept your tear-laden concession.
>That's not exporting anything, that's just providing slave labor.
Are you still trying to argue, by twisting words out of their meanings this time? Export is selling from one country to another, no matter who provides logistics.
>>
>>1058974
Dead fish make me more sad, than dead niggers. We should just speed things up down there, by stopping all food transfer, and killing any of them that tries to flee.
>>
>>1058974
>it's the white man's fault niggers have 15 niglets
Ah yes, the eternal white man, responsible for everything on this planet, including the nigger's inability to self restrain.
Also:

>niggers
>farming
Now I know you're trolling.
>>
>>1059563
If they were totally starving they'd be unable to reproduce as quickly as they are.
>>
>that one leftie itt
Kek
>>
Imagine defending american negroes unironically.
>>
>>1055810
any info on the release date yet?
>>
>>1058929
This
>>
>>1056708
Are you really dumb enough to think that foreign aid is a necessary step to extracting resources from Africa? Who’s going to stop America from or China from taking shit for free?
>>
>>1059563
>Now I know you're trolling.
Not him, but I legitimately don’t understand why people say that.
Every single 19th century anthropologist that went to Africa commented on their farming techniques, crops etc, and these guys were far from being modern day bleeding heart liberal.
Also, about NASA and space exploration, most of the shit that is allowing it to sort of make a comeback today was straight up impossible until the 2000s because of technological limitations(even the budget argument falls flat because even in the 60s surge it was only like 50% bigger than the modern values).
>>
>>1064339
>Are you really dumb enough to think that foreign aid is a necessary step to extracting resources from Africa?
It's necessary to make more niggers who extract more resources, as well as keep those already alive from dying.
Who’s going to stop America from or China from taking shit for free?
Extraction costs. Thus they take shit for almost free.
>>
>>1064278
No.
>>
>>1064278
not this year
>>
>>1055810
cant wait to play as rhodesia intelligence and hecking le bush war xddd gross rhodesiums xdd black kid mean to me at school
>>
what the fuck is going on here
>>
>>1065562
/pol/ and /his/ leaking into other boards

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.