[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 48 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: workersandresources.jpg (90 KB, 768x506)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
Cosmonaut mode soon, comrades
https://www.sovietrepublic.net/post/report-for-the-community-50
>>
>A literal space program before narrow gauge rail network

Why live
>>
>>1051897
It's a new difficulty setting without magical teleporting resources and instant construction, not an actual space program.
>>
>>1051908
Disappointing
>>
I guess I'm done with the game until cosmonaut mode drops.
>>
>>1051908
fucking clickbait thread
>>
>>1051910
>>1051964
how do you not know what cosmonaut mode is?
>>
>>1051873
It'll come with the metro update.
>>
>>1052009
I don't play this game.
>>
>>1051873
you faggot could something to make it easier to find uh?
>>
>>1052361
I hope you recover from your stroke anon
>>
>>1052946
sure thing
I just meant to put the actual name of the game in OP to make it easier for other anons to find it
>>
>>1053060
It is there, multiple times. If you use the catalog even thumbnail filenames will show up. The actual post has the other half of the name in the link, so there's no excuse.
>>
What kind of storage do I need for UF-6 manufacturing? It says rad protected so do I need a container storage like with nuclear fuel?
>>
I'm looking forward to it, it was a great idea to be able to pick up foreign labor at a border crossing. The worst part of trying to do cosmonaut was that you can't really tell when you really oughta stop autobuilding
>>
>>1051897

>still no narrow gauge minions for my iron/coal industries.

I feel you, brother
>>
>>1053142
Yeah I think it needs containers.
>>
>>1053167
I used to allow myself one construction complex (gravel-cement-asphalt-open storage-CO) and only autobuild the first residential buildings once all the materials had been delivered by truck, so I only paid for foreign labour, not materials.

I so fucking wish the ability to purchase asphalt and concrete at the border had been put in earlier, but oh well, it's all under the bridge now
>>
Is it possible to import nuclear waste for money?
>>
How do you guys feel about electric trains vs diesel, when it comes to fuel costs? I've got no idea how to even compare them
>>
>>1052009
To be fair the first time I heard Cosmonaut Mode I assumed it's some challenge run where you gather resources that would go towards a space program or something. I still think that's a much more interesting addition to the game, especially considering how important the space race was.
>>
>>1054542
If you're producing fuel and electricity then you could try to compare the amount of labor time each unit of fuel and MW/h takes.
>>
>>1054542
The actual cost is minimal, just use whatever makes the most sense. Electric is generally preferable because the train refueling logic is terrible, but high speed electric trains typically draw a lot of power when they start moving which can be too much for your electrical network.

>>1054519
You can't import containerized items at the border.

>>1054924
"Cosmonaut Mode" is just a stupid forced meme name that was pushed into probably 20% of all steam forum discussion threads by some semi-retarded slav in 2020. Every question about difficulty or how to do something was met with this one guy saying "you have not heard of cosmonaut mode comrade? [link to his thread]". Then he would argue in the thread if anybody responded. Very tiresome.
>>
>>1051873

When does this thing ship a finished version? You homos have convinced me already, so run the last bugtest sprint and get it to market before I die of old age.
>>
>>1056235
They estimated 1.0 at the end of 2022 last year. Probably will take longer than that but they're actually making decent progress. Most of stuff they wanted is already in, with metro and cosmonaut mode coming next big patch what's left is garbage handling, making university research more of an actual mechanic, adding a non-shit tutorial and then just bugfixes and polish. They will also add bunch of vehicles/buildings, but they already said they want to source a lot of that from quality mods if possible so it's less load on them.
There are also plans for post-release expansions but they haven't talked much about that.
>>
>>1056249
https://www.sovietrepublic.net/roadmap
Looks like they're mid way and they still have 7 months
>>
File: ddddd.jpg (688 KB, 1920x1200)
688 KB
688 KB JPG
I have a lot of buildings that are flickering between power off/power on, even though they're supplied with multiple substations (I understand the total wattage here isn't a problem because the estimated max consumption is below the limit)
What is the problem and how do I even diagnose it? There doesn't seem to be a useful overlay for electricity or whatever, my power plants are running below max capacity.
>>
>>1056594
The overlay for electricity is the wattage one, it'll highlight power lines. Red lines are at their max capacity, which is what I'd guess is causing your problem.
>>
File: 1234.jpg (444 KB, 1920x1200)
444 KB
444 KB JPG
>>1056609
Oh, you're right, thanks anon.
Not sure what the best way is to deal with my high-voltage lines being overloaded from the powerplants then, I assume this is happening becaue I'm exporting electricity at the border.
>>
>>1056623
The only solution, if you're already using the beefiest power line, is to run more lines. Maybe split off a line to the border that's not otherwise in use?
>>
>>1056629
At least I know how to check whether there's a problem now, sounds like a plan.
I am setting up uranium production now with the plan of exporting a LOT of electricity from a nuclear plant.
>>
>>1056623
>>1056594
I think your long-term solution is to stop exporting power. If you're using oil, it's more profitable to refine and sell it, and if coal, to build a steel mill and export steel or even mech parts.
>>
>>1056769
I somehow never realised you could burn oil in a power plant.
I guess you're right, it probably is better to use the coal for better things, I have plenty of surplus steel and despite having 3 car factories I can still export excess mechanical components.
>>
>>1056985
There are two different types of fuelled power plants, you can't use one fuel in both
>>
>>1056623
That other guy basically said it already but exporting electricity is basically a noob trap. When you run the math electricity has a fairly high profit per worker, but each plant can only hold 15 workers and the annual profit compared to the cost of the plant is relatively low. I never both with exporting electricity.
>>
>>1056985
>I somehow never realised you could burn oil in a power plant.
Wait do we have actual oil plants now? Last time I've played you could only have a modded mini fuel station for outback outposts
Also, when are going to get mixed plants that can burn for power but also have heat as byproduct?
>>
>>1057839
I just want to be able to burn dirt
>>
>>1051897
sounds like a proper soviet republic
>>
>>1057839
>Wait do we have actual oil plants now?
It's the gas power plant
>>
>>1057930
Which runs on oil.
>>
File: 20220515145410_1.jpg (521 KB, 1920x1080)
521 KB
521 KB JPG
Harvest-time is the best time.
>>
>>1058101
nice dam
>>
>>1058101
scut
>>
>>1058101
>VGH
>>
>>1058101
Unironically has a lot of soul, nice job. You don't need to have the farms on perfectly flat land, though, the "back" of the farm away from the road entrance can be on hilly ground. Wheat fields flowing across hills look really good.
>>
>>1052142
Sovl...
>>
How does the algorithm for people works ? Do they wake up as a worker and go to a job or bus stop and fill positions? Then they turn into free time people?
>>
>>1058323
Citizen wakes up as a worker.
Walks to open job within walking distance, or to an open station if no jobs are available.
Waits "1 hour" for transportation which has a destination for workers on at least one of its other stops.
Either
a) gets on that transportation and attempts to go to work (he won't get out if there's no open spots), when he's done working he teleports home and starts "free time"
b) if none arrives he walks to a destination you set in the station menu if there's room where he starts again
c) if you didn't set a destination he tries to find walking distance work one more time and then teleports home where he starts "free time"
And the cycle begins again except this time he's a "passenger", he looks for his needs instead of a job, and his free time has a finite clock unlike a worker who can be tricked into spending an infinite amount of time searching for a job.

This would be better as a flowchart but I'm not going to bother.
Also "spreaddelay" is a hidden timer that ticks down after each teleport home, a random amount of seconds where they just sit inside without moving or advancing their normal timers, it's to prevent a big trainload of workers who all finish work at the exact same time from all rushing out into the street as passengers at the exact same time and overloading your citizen facilities.
Remember that it takes 3-5 times as many workers as there are job slots to keep everything running at 100%, this depends on your transport situation, how effectively you manage your citizen needs, and probably on your citizen reaction difficulty setting.
>>
>>1058353
Spasibo, tovarishch
>>
any mod to adjust the colors to look more old film style?
>>
>>1058140
>>1058150
>>1058235
Thanks Comrades
>>1058256
I was having a hell of a time getting the full field on any slope, to the point I blew all my dollars on terrian editing. Is there a trick, or just accept smaller fields?
>>
>>1058256
But comrade... the drainage will be towards the access road and tend to flood the road during the rainy season...

>>1058353
Nice explanation! The way I think about 3x workers is because they work 8h shifts and there's 3 shifts in a day. That's the theoretical minimum I guess
>>
>>1058429
>The way I think about 3x workers is because they work 8h shifts and there's 3 shifts in a day. That's the theoretical minimum I guess
Not at all, the free time and work time progress at wildly varying speeds; comparing them is completely pointless.
Also with the new worker queuing system you probably need more workers, maybe 4-6 times as many, because they can overfill the destination. Before then "100% capacity" actually meant 60-80% capacity depending on how far the workers were walking.
>>
Would it kill them to add an overlay when placing polluting buildings that casts a shadow of the area that is effected?

It would also be nice if they could, in the line management interface, show where a vehicle would path to for a refuel or when/where the vehicle would decide to refuel. This would be a life saver for train refueling logic.

I love this game and have hundreds of hours in it, but some QoL tweaks and improvements to underlying logic would be a godsend.
>>
>>1051873
better dead than red
>>
>>1058101
>Harvest-time is the best time.
I agree
how many mods do you use?
>>
>>1052145
Then stop shitposting here
>>
>>1058953
Why?
>>
>>1058101
sovl
>>1058947
sovlless
>>
>>1053193
>no narrow gauge cuties moving resources around your steelworks
It's not the same when there aren't torpedos of molten steel on rails running around
>>
>>1051873
>Cosmonaut mode
I just realized this will make building railway a fucking nightmare
>one tiny mistake and the whole system is fucked and you can't fix it with quick build
>>
>>1059766
They said there will be some changes to railroad construction and more details will be soon.
>>
>>1058353
One more question, if the citizen can walk to a bus stop, and some work is in walking distance of the bus stop but not of his house, will he walk there also?
>>
>>1060327
>if the citizen can walk to a bus stop, and some work is in walking distance of the bus stop but not of his house, will he walk there also?
He won't walk to that workplace directly from home, the bus stop doesn't magically increase his walking distance. However, if he stands at the bus stop for "1 hour" and no transportation comes to pick him up, he'll look for work which is within walking distance of the bus stop before teleporting home. So if there's an open spot for him at that workplace, he'll walk to it at that time.
All citizen walking distance is always calculated from whatever building they're in at that time. You can use this especially for citizens on free time: they always start by demanding food, so the only thing that must be in range of their home is a grocery store. Everything else only needs to be within range of the grocery store, not the housing. [You don't have to build food within range of their housing, but if you don't then they'll attempt to fill whatever needs *are* within range first, which can mean they spend 12 hours at the cinema and then time out before they walk the rest of the way to the grocery store - bad end]
>>
File: 1592800426777.jpg (30 KB, 318x318)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
This game is beginning to suffer from lack of scalability. The last couple of updates has added nothing more than tedium. Crime and justice? Just build these two buildings, then build more prisons as needed. Water? Enjoy Electricity 2.0 with nothing else added.

A single LARGE heating plant and LARGE water treatment plant can support a population of 10,000-12,000. It should realistically be twice that. Crank up the worker requirements for all that matters, the problem is the increasing requirement for infrastructure that takes up vast amounts of space in your cities. I had a dream of building a massive city with 100,000 people, but what the fuck, I need 8-10 water/heat plants just for that? I live in a city of 1.5 million people, and we don't even have that many.
>>
>>1061146
true, true. My city >>1051960 has about 2k population and the industrial zone alone with all of the support infrastructure is slightly bigger than the city itself. I try to avoid building residential unless absolutely necessary so I can avoid extending the support infrastructure
>>
I have literally no idea how to start this.
>>
>>1061146
true commieland experience please understand
>>
File: SSG.jpg (133 KB, 1500x1039)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
Good movies, documentaries, or books to learn more about soviet life ?
>>
>>1061382
gulag archipelago
>>
>>1061382
>https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065067/

https://youtu.be/zd0bNSYIWnE
>>
>>1061382
Kolyma Tales
>>
>>1061382
This guy talks about day to day life when he lived in it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa6btjwdKTc
>>
File: 20220518195020_1.jpg (664 KB, 1920x1080)
664 KB
664 KB JPG
This intersection desperately needed traffic lights.
>>
>>1058734
I do like the concept of having to construct buildings to see certain overlays like with the polution measuring station but definitely could be implemented better.
>>
>>1058734
>>1062367
Worst fucking thing is resources
>>
File: 824823515.jpg (106 KB, 749x724)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>1062188
this video made me hungry for fresh bread and milk
>>
>>1058947
Honestly, a fuck ton, many of the buildings are mods. But that's also a 1950 start, so I needed pretty much everything anyway
>>
>>1061146
Yeah. Electricity was putting me off playing this game for longer early on because I knew that cities simply didn't have electrical poles going everywhere (unless they were in Poland), so I thought it was great when underground cables were added.
Then they added heating and I couldn't wrap my head around what I'm exactly supposed to do - the heating plants provided by the game were neither small enough to pass as small boiler sheds nor big enough to pass as proper heating plants, but mods fixed that so it was fine.
I'm not sure yet what's wrong with water right now, but it feels the same way as those two systems - there's something missing that prevents it from feeling "right", so it feels tedious and not very organic.
>>
>>1061146
Yeah, devs are mainly focusing on adding features and making sure said features work, scalability will probably be one of the last things they do with balance and pre-launch tweaks
>>
Game in EA
Release a DLC
Behold the birth of the new parajews
We can wait
military complex DLC
variety of crops DLC
>>
File: 20220519174119_1.jpg (588 KB, 1920x1080)
588 KB
588 KB JPG
>>
>>1061382
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057694/
>>1061393
>idk what the fuck he's smoking ~ wife of the oppressed author who spent his days playing with cats in a gulag
>>
>>1063374
A military complex should be relatively easy to make, a big factory that takes up people but produces nothing should be fine
>>
>>1063498
Nice, how far do you have those busses driving?
>>
>>1063650
Back to the city in the distance to pick up construction workers.
>>
>>1063374
DLCs for cosmetic and unimportant features are actually not bad, because they give you a choice on what you got in the game, as long as the price of the base game is reasonable.
If you only want a game centered on economics, you should be able to choose to not have a military industry.
The problem with Parashit is that the base games are unplayable or lacks fundamental features.
>>
How do I see how many fields can farms support?
>>
What's bus end station? Is it like a distribution office?
>>
>>1063858
Depends on the field and farm sizes, distance to the farm, and if you do anything tricky like assign fields in a certain order to minimize vehicle drive time, or use DOs for crop pickup instead of farm trucks.
>>1064167
A bus end station serves as a fuel stop so your buses won't drive out of their route to fuel up. It also lets you use time-based line spacing so your buses aren't all driving at 30 kmh the whole time.
>>
>>1063858
>How do I see how many fields can farms support?
I misread the question in my first answer. You can check how many fields a farm is currently supporting by clicking the farm. There's no limit to the number of fields you can link to a farm (maybe there is but it's high enough that it doesn't matter), the practical "limit" is based on many factors that I explained already.
So the final answer to your question is "you can't." In previous versions a "3:5:4" farm vehicle ratio could handle something like 16-18 of the big fields as long as the drive distances weren't excessive.
>>
>>1061382
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGVBv7svKLo
>>
File: 20220520224537_1.jpg (730 KB, 1920x1080)
730 KB
730 KB JPG
You see comrade, if helicopter crashes because hitting of the power line, firemen will be at crash site immediately!
>>
>>1064243
>use DOs for crop pickup instead of farm trucks
Why did I never think of this
>>
what is the gameplay loop of this game like? will i enjoy it if i despise games like factorio?
>>
>>1065066
Factorio.
No.
>>
How do farm workers work? Do the machines work on their own, and if you dump workers they help out by hand?
Or do you always need workers at the fields?
No I can't check this on my own, I have planning paralysis
>>
>>1065092
Farms don't use workers if there are machines.
>>
>>1065096

They do, people start from the back of a field and machines start from the front. I recall someone here said people don't harvest as much as machines so you probably are better off just using machines
>>
>>1065017
Because farm trucks have had their crop pick-up behavior improved such that using two buildings to do the job of one is just extra work for no reason?
The only benefit now is that a DO lets you drop off the crops somewhere other than the farm itself. But farms now also have factory connections. So I wouldn't bother.
>>1065092
During sowing and harvesting, fields accept workers just like any other industry. The machines and workers can work at the same time on the same field. Fuddlore says that workers harvest less crops than a machine would, but I don't know if it's true.
In general, there's no need to bother with using workers when the vehicles do it so efficiently by themselves.
>>
>>1062318
Are traffic lights and signs already in main, or when have they been added?
How far is the autism in that regard?

>>1065092
They do accept workers, and they serve as a addition to machines as mentioned above, though because its a sort of sazonal job, its not efficient to let the bus always run with workers when they don't have to, requiring a bit of micro or planning ahead of villages around farms

>>1064243
>A bus end station serves as a fuel stop so your buses won't drive out of their route to fuel up. It also lets you use time-based line spacing so your buses aren't all driving at 30 kmh the whole time.
That's brilliant, somehow never thought of that, I guess it also works as in between point?
How do you mean line spacing because of that? that's something that always bothers me with the busy lines

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.