[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 126 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Songs of Conquest.jpg (312 KB, 1600x740)
312 KB
312 KB JPG
Songs of Conquest releases in a couple of hours.

Anyone hyped?
>>
>>1051684
Hopefully it is a stable release
>>
File: Soc-Battle1.webm (1.33 MB, 600x272)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB WEBM
>>
>>1051684
Is it basically a spiritual successor to HoMM?
Or does it do anything differently?
>>
>>1051684
Finally something releasing that doesn't look like complete garbage.
>>
>>1051684
I've never heard of this, but it has lizard dudes so it's probably based.

Gimme a QRD.
>>
was interested until I saw the black lady
>>
>>1051702
pretty much sounds like homm with maybe a bit more complicated combat like height advantage
>>
File: Soc-Adventure1.webm (1.53 MB, 600x272)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB WEBM
>>
>>1051702
>>1051741
They said that their magic system is different. Instead of having a fixed mana pool the heroes army gives your hero more mana to used. To balance this out the team have made it so that you cannot have units from other factions.

>>1051690
I will be getting this game but I think that the Frogs will not be treated correctly. Their lore is that of dumb tribes people who were oppressed instead of the bloodthirsty predators that they should be.
>>
>>1051750
frogs=green orcs
ok
>>
I really liked the closed alpha, gonna give it a pirate for sure
>>
>>1051709
Let's hope it isn't. Looks promising though and am getting it at release.
>>
seems woke
>>
>>1051702
Looking at their FAQ
>4 factions on release
>no plans for neutral units
>cannot recruit units of different factions
>units will have abilities
>no sailing
>two campaigns
>no random map generator
>max stack size for units
>limited build slots for towns
>mana pool is replaced with essence which is filled by which units you bring
>ranged units can move and shoot, but with a penalty
>battlefield terrains
>units have different wait/skip turn abilities
>>
>>1051862
oh please no
>>
>>1051684
tennativly hyped. waiting to see what 4chan has to say about since I won't form an opinion with out them
>>
it looks better (graphically) than that Hero's Quest or whatever the new HOMM-esque game is called. I don't like the art in that game at all
>>
>>1051862
it has that swedish feel for sure but it's not egregious in 40 minutes of playtime. there are two human factions, one white and one black. the former is european inspired, the latter seem more like arabs.
>>
It's also on GOG so I'll try it before spending 30 bucks on it
>>
How is it?
>>
>>1051869
>no plans for neutral units
Wrong, they changed that and added some neutrals like bandits, they will probably include more
>cannot recruit units of different factions
You can, if you capture their town
Some of them do some dont, its not that bad and some add to strategy (eg sappers can create barricades on the map)
>max stack size for units
Thats a good change, finally different playstyles are viable, instead of rushing for max tier creatures you can easily invest into buffing and production of tier 1 2 and 3 and still have a viable army
>limited build slots for towns
Otherwise it would be unballanced, you can have for eg 4 buildings pumping out tier one creatures or 4 lumber mills if you want
>battlefield terrains
Adds more complexity to the game, now you can create chokepoints or seize high ground with ranged units, much welcomed change

t. somebody who actually played the game
>>
>>1051935
the combat is pretty fun desu. unsure how i feel about the world map.
>>
>>1051684
Oh hey this looks kinda coo-
>early access

Can you shills please stop calling it a "release" when it's just another paid beta scam?
>>
>>1052018
>paid
Nobody forces you to pay for it, you can play it just fine for free
>>
File: 1644243190754.png (920 KB, 2048x1792)
920 KB
920 KB PNG
Anyone has the game, anyone can list me the heroes of the Loth faction? Is there some sort of lichlord in it I can play as?
>>
>>1051869
As opposed to them not having abilities and being the same copy/pasted units without unique about them? You boomer retarded fucks seriously need to kys
>>
>>1052031
without anything unique*
>>
>>1052026
I'm just waiting for the eventual torrent.
>>
>>1052026
I'm playing my first game as them in skirmish (cuz there are only 2 campaigns for now and loth ain't one of them) and, unfortunately, it seems that you cannot roleplay Sandro. I haven't figured out how necromancy works yet, but you can't just amass skellies, I occasionaly get a promt for arisen units, but they are poopy zombies that were only good for cannon fodder for now. Kinda hard to get a big stack going.

As for Loth heroes, I haven't seen any interesting or unique specializations, it's all just minor attack/defence buffs, bonus essence and whatnot.
>>
>>1052038
And from their looks or backgroundstory? What are there portraits?
>>
>>1052038
>but you can't just amass skellies
Just build shiton of buildings that produce them
Also one of the late game buildings allows you to buy upgrades to their stats
>>
>93% positive rating
HoMM bros... were we made obsolete?
>>
>>1051949
Why so defensive
His post wasn't criticising the game
>>
>>1052065
I couldn't find any description for the heroes outside of the recruiting screen, and even there it's just one sentence, supposedly a quote from the hero that's meant to tell us more about their personality. It's pretty barebones, but there's a decent variety of portraits.
There are also some random pop-up events that mention heroes specifically, I don't know yet if it just grabs $CURRENT_HERONAME to display, or whether the events could be unique for every different hero.

>>1052067
Yeah, that's what I'm doing, but I have to ferry them, and also it's not the same as a self-sufficient stack that keeps growing with every battle, which is a quintessential HoMM necromancer power fantasy
>>
File: 123.png (1.31 MB, 892x797)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB PNG
>>1052091
I actually meant to attach a pic
>>
>>1052024
Just because I can steal a TV doesn't mean TVs are free.
>>
>>1052090
>correcting false assumptions is being "defensive"
Stop being so thin skinned.
>>
Has anyone tried the map editor?
>>
>>1052102
any skeleton heroes?
>>
>>1052102
I think the knight guy will do for me.
>>
>>1052076
>Now at 96% positive reviews
Pack it up HoMMsters, there is a new king of the genre
>>
Okay first I was like "not having a wait button is criminal", but now AI is using it against me. Meanwhile I can't find it. Is it troop-specific? I noticed that I didn't have the defend button, but it appears now for my skellies, so I guess that was tied to some upgrade?

>>1052166
No real skelly heroes (so far), there's one masked Loth knight dude, I pretend that there is a bald skull under the helmet
>>
The attention to detail is superb
>Piper unit has his pipes squeal when he is attacked
>Unit on high ground falls off from it if its dead
Im sure there is a lot more but it really gives the game SOVL
>>
Is this a good purchase now or should I wait for random maps and sims to have fun with friends?
>>
I like the artstyle, also city building seems to have you make actual choices which is interesting, didn't try but i wonder if you can replace buildings required for some upgrades once those are done
>>
File: 123.png (2.69 MB, 1920x1080)
2.69 MB
2.69 MB PNG
Did anybody finish "Get Out" skirmish scenario?
Its hard as balls, i tried it 3 times already and i always get my ass kicked by medium ai.
Also i just learned that AI trashtalks you via chat
>>
>>1051684
I tried the story for 2 or so hours and it was pretty boring
>>
>>1052423
>Playing strategy games for story
Ngmi
>>
too many black ppl
>>
>>1052428
True, when the game gets 1.0 release im gonna mod all the w*men and black folks out
>>
>>1052425
the gameplay was still boring
>>
>>1052440
how so?
>>
>>1052428
>>1052429
HoMM3 had women and niggers too.
>>
>>1051862
The main character in the main campaign for base homm3 was a fucking women kys
>>
>>1052420
>winning enemy typing GG
shows how out of touch with actual Heroes 3 the devteam is, since typing GG makes you auto-concede as a way to finish the match.
That's funny as fuck.

>>1052429
Based. I saw they even added mod support for other platforms so it's not gonna be PC exclusive
https://twitter.com/modiohq/status/1524180179140157442
>>
>>1052614
>>1052665
That's because HoMM3 is a shit game full of Marxist SJW crap.
>>
What's the point of building requirements if you can just raze them for full cost when you are done upgrading stuff
>>
>>1052806
if you raze your research building you lose all upgrades (you have to buy them again if you rebuild)
>>
>>1052815
Oh yes desu this one didn't cross my mind yet but you save me from doing it in the futur.

Was talking about stuff like barrack upgrade requiring a lumberjack, you can just raze the lumberjack and keep the upgraded barrack. So far requirements seem to always be small buildings so it's not even hard to get.
>>
>>1052303
There actually is a random map generator accessible through map editor (Create new level > Generator Type > Randomly Generated), but it is marked as work in process. It works but I haven't tried properly playing any maps made with it yet so I don't know if they are guaranteed to be playable yet.
>>
Custom map/scenarios are in
https://soc.mod.io/
>>
>>1052540
idk it was just boring there was nothing that got me into the game
plus it just didnt feel like I could do a lot of things expecially since the battles are pretty boring
>>
>>1052967
>Boring
I bet you would find HoMM 2, 3, 4 and 5 "boring" too. In with case this game is simply not for you, go play some gookclicker if you cant handle pure comfy sovl
>>
>>1053017
ok
but I dont like starcraft and aoe
>>
>>1053017
What if i like sc and HoMM 3?
>>
>another early access bootleg shovelware
i sleep
>>
>>1052090
His post is full of misinformation
>>
File: kerokero.png (2.08 MB, 1896x948)
2.08 MB
2.08 MB PNG
Got the game despite the EA, I just needed anything since HoTA is in frozen state and HoMM franchise is dead in the gutter.
While it limit of stacks for certain ability level, has limit of numbers in each stack for specific unit and it having not as much content as you would expect for 100 złoty, the amount of detail is way, way more than we ever got in Ubisoft era Heroes.

Every "hero" has their own unique sprite on the map and full unique artwork on equipment menu. Barya and Rana seem pretty damn fun without them just replicating something that exists (Barya somehow feels like Academy and Barbarians combined. Rana is Citadel, but they also have shit like ranged units that poison). I do like the fact that if you try to escape from melee unit's range, they automatically attack making them almost as good as lot of ranged units. And yeah, terrain difference is nice.

Fully functional map and campaign editor on the EA release gives me high hopes. Campaign being told from bard song is pretty is comfy. Most importantly it's not just trying to go for generic Tolkien fantasy and is much closer to HoMM2 aesthetic wise. Music's also good, sadly most of it is still no anywhere available. If you want true successor I would either wait for more factions or community made shit.
Currently I'd give it 7-8/10. More if you are really desperate for another Heroes game after VI and VII that is nothing like those games.
>>
>>1052403
You can.
>>
>>1051750
>I will be getting this game but I think that the Frogs will not be treated correctly. Their lore is that of dumb tribes people who were oppressed instead of the bloodthirsty predators that they should be.

From what I've played frogs are both opressed people who become the predators over the fact they've realized the finally stand a chance since now they have magic and heroes to lead them around. Also humans working with horned faeys that totally won't turn out to be remnants of demons or something. It seems that only undead are played straight here.
>>
>releases
No it fucking doesn't, it hits early access. I get that anymore nobody releases actually finished software but I draw the fucking line at calling Early Access a "release". At least keep up the fucking pretense.

>turn based
fucking YAWN
>>
>Horrible art style
>Woke diversity characters
Not looking good bros.
>>
These games look fun but I get bored with the combat after a few hours each time. Tried HoMM3, Wesnoth, and King's Bounty and I've never finished a campaign.
>>
>>1053527
Art actually looks pretty nice. Some detailed pixel work. I'm just disappointed it's turn based, which is going to turn combat into a series of logic puzzles if there's no RNG mechanics or a tedious slog if there are.
>>
>>1053527
>Horrible art style
Hmmm curious, what your standard for good art style?
>>
I'm honestly getting more King's Bounty vibes than HoMM vibes from actually playing the game. The army limitations and magic system makes the game very different from HoMM that easily became just competitive cheesing. It's not a bad thing though, gives more chances of comeback and somewhat limits braindead snowballing, though time will tell if it is good fun even if it is more balanced.

One thing I'm kinda disappointed about is how the factions are a bit meh, Rana and Loth got identity of their own but the other two are just some pretty generic humans + some less generic fantasy creatures. At least they are not just elves and shit.
>>
>>1053527
>horrible art style
whats it like having garbage taste?
>>
Why does nobody like putting in LOS in their games? It is such a great mechanic that helps balance range units and not make them completely OP.
>>
>>1053720
Because coding LoS is a fucking nightmare for little actual gain.
>>
>>1052882
>skilltest is in
okay based
>>
>>1052614
it wasn't ok then either
>>
>>1053732
>Because coding LoS is a fucking nightmare
it really isn't that hard bro
>>
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kJkKGDwM18QJaigNA1uz_Xeeledwj4Wm2qPXLMLL4T8/edit?usp=drivesdk
Cheat sheet for all units abd wielders
>>
1st campaign 4th mission is bullshit
>>
>>1053551
>>1053576
>>1053718
Anons, the pixel art looks lower resolution, less clear and more "Hipster" than fucking HOMM2 released 23 years ago.
By definition, it is shit.
>>
>>1053921
>new = bad
>old = good
>doesn’t give actual argumentation and just says subjective things as if they are facts
>>
>>1053494
Barya is cool too, mercenaries and shit. And they got gunpowder too!
>>
File: soc homm2 comparison.png (405 KB, 481x965)
405 KB
405 KB PNG
>>1053921
The only thing that looks bad are the closeups on strategic map. I'm actually surprised how well homm2 sprites still look scaled up, but at the same time the difference in detail on some units is staggering. Homm2 units also had very basic animations, idles and attacks in SoC are much better.
>>
>>1053732
nothing new under the sun, h4 literally had LOS and height adv. too, this game is new and trying,thats about it
>>
>>1053996
I mean, it's been 23 years. You'd hope it'd do a bit better than "Looking almost as good sometimes".
>>
>Red Hair who wants to restore her dead father's land.

Doesn't this sounds familiar?
>>
>>1053996
SoC does have nice animations... But I really wish it was less flashy lights and more blood and gore.
>>
>>1054006
>>Red Hair who wants to restore her dead father's land.
Nope, it doesnt. But after playing first 2 missions of campaign she seems based despite being a w*man. Autistically upholds the law, wants foreigners to fuck off from their land and honors her late father decisions. I hope they dont ruin her character in the future.
>>
>Spamming low tier trash units is a viable strategy in SoC
G-d i love this decision so much, finally i can make hordes of low tier skeletons and still keep up with enemy high tier units due to upgrades and hero specializations, also due to the fact that there are army number limitations now that actually enrich gameplay.
>>
>>1054131
skeletons are not fodder in this game, they are really fucking strong actually
>>
>>1054135
I know but they are low tier unit that can be produced from small building site, therefore in one city you can have 3 or more buildings pumping out skeletons exclusively. With is fucking awesome if you ask me.
>>
>>1053732
>LoS is a fucking nightmare for little actual gain.
But it isn't. HoMM4 had it in 2002 for spells and ranged attacks. It's a great way to protect vulnerable heroes or shooters from getting nuked on the first turn.
>>
this game did two very smart things
>melee attacks units that move out of range
>ranged can shoot and move with penalty
>>
It's roughly what I expected, but it actually exceeded my expectations for the better.
I expected a decent game that's rough around the edges and missing any sort of content, a perfect purchase in a year or two, but it's not as bad in either and I ended up buying it with a friend.
There's definitely a lot to improve and balance, but we can probably see it get there within months.
>>
>>1054131
>>1054135
I just won entire multiplayer map by focusing solely and only on rat units and dear god it was amazing.
I don't care how Necromancy works or if other Loth units like Legions are good in this. Just spamming rats which seemed like a braindead move and unless you know how to counter it, you're fucked and I won't be surprised if both skellies and rats will be nerfed. It's also probably why necromancy gives you zombies instead of either of those.

The opposite is also good with Barya's best unit, the cannon, which is worth the wait, because it's both ranged and AoE and once you can produce and upgrade them, you are pretty much settled.

So far each faction has several different ways to play them, which is great and will help the game's sustainability once more factions will be added. I just hope they won't change how low tier and high tier unit balance works. They can change the magic and anything else, but so far the units are what impressed me the most.
>>
>>1054367
>Loth's line up is has too big of a size
>had to post inferior faeries
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/888050407878840350/958273744818831360/2022-03-29-LothLineup-1920x1080.gif
>>
Does this shit run on a toaster?
>>
>>1054370
>Bane
>Wears a mask
>>
>>1054371
minimal reqs:
>Processor: i5 Dual Core or Ryzen 5
>Memory: 8 GB RAM
>Graphics: Integrated graphics card
take this with a grain of salt I guess, I am playing on max settings on 8Gb RAM, i5-3470 @ 3.20GHz, 1060 Ti 6Gb and the game chugs real hard at times (when I do a fast pan across the map for example), surprisingly in menus too, but otherwise it's pretty smooth. So I guess at low settings it should be decent on a toaster, but I hope it will be better optimized in the future
>>
File: file.png (3.26 MB, 1920x1080)
3.26 MB
3.26 MB PNG
>>1051684
I got a shill message for this game from GOG today and decided to check it out. Well, almost check it out. It looked all fine and like it could really possibly be a good spiritual successor to Heroes 3, but then I noticed... something... hmm!
>>
>>1052614
Literally two of them.
https://heroes.thelazy.net/index.php/Edric
https://heroes.thelazy.net/index.php/Dracon

Nimbus and Tamika are corpses, not blacks.
>>
>>1054384
I actually do barely meet those requirements (16Gb ram, i5-4670K 3.4Ghz quad and Intel HD graphics 4600) so if it's not GPU heavy I'm probably fine.
>>
>>1054367
>Just spamming rats which seemed like a braindead move and unless you know how to counter it
Now try spamming the desert faction hyena units. They are great in large stacks as they "retaliate" first when they are attacked, therefore they can chew smaller stacks before anybody inflicts damage on them
>>
>Game is called "Songs of Conquest"
>All faction have a dedicated musician unit
>There are songs in between campaign missions being sung about your achievements
Poetry
>>
File: wat do.jpg (266 KB, 1599x760)
266 KB
266 KB JPG
How do I reach the egg?
>>
>>1054478
purple portal on the left?
speaking of which, I should play through the frogge campaign (or even finish arleon's, I got annoyed at mission 4 and never finished)
>>
>>1054478
Looks like you got a teleporter right next to it, sister.
>>
>>1054113
I'd agree with that. It's got a really nice level of detail but not being used to its maximum potential.
>>
>>1054487
>>1054496
Rana Mission 3, Can't seem to find where that portal is located
>>
>>1054392
3*
https://heroes.thelazy.net/index.php/Andra
>>
>>1054407
And all of their sounds reflects that, either from ability us, attack or death sound effects.

This shit and all Wielders having their own sprites is unironically why I want this to succeed.
It's a small thing and I wouldn't exactly call this SOUL yet, but if all factions, including future ones will keep at least one musician per faction theme, then you could in theory have band/concert themed maps and such.
>>
>>1054520
That's a native american...
>>
>>1054392
>>1054520
4*
https://heroes.thelazy.net/index.php/Alagar
>>
>>1054527
Are you even trying? That's a Russian (Slav).
>>
https://heroes.thelazy.net/index.php/Thorgrim
What ethnicity is this?
https://heroes.thelazy.net/index.php/Tamika
Is that a nigpire?
>>
File: HeroTamikaIV.png (763 KB, 1000x1000)
763 KB
763 KB PNG
>>1054533
>What ethnicity is this?
Dwarf.
>Is that a nigpire?
No. It's corpse color.
>>
>>1054388
Indeed, it lacks delicious ebony girls in bikini armor.
>>
>>1054529
Dude, he's black.
>>
>>1054547
No, the guy whose face he was modeled after was literally Russian. And even so he looks nothing like a black guy, the closest other ethnicity he might be is Indian.
>>
wtf I can't even play as a lichlord?
This is deeply problematic
>>
>another SoC thread turned into guessing which of HoMM character were black

Why is this a trend both here and on /v/ ?
>>
>>1054565
wdym, there's a lich faction.
Unless you mean by lichlord the one and only Sandro. In that case, even HoMM6 had him, for better or worse.
>>
>>1054478
>>1054517
It's bugged. Reload and make sure that you are directly next to the egg when you touch it. The fire is supposed to lock you inside with the portal, not kick you out.
>>
>>1054568
devs bravely put in a high percent of people of color
>>
I wish 2 handed artifacts were better, they just don't seem substantially better than just dual wielding 1 handed ones.
>>
>>1053996
Everything to do with the shadows and lighting looks like shit, the sprites would have looked good if they didn't decide to include what can be best decribed as bloom for sprites.
The same shit ruins triangle strategy and Octopath Traveler too.
>>
>>1054597
many thanks
>>
File: homm3.png (2.65 MB, 1440x1080)
2.65 MB
2.65 MB PNG
>>1051690
>>1051684
how can you make a spiritual sequel to a 20yo game and end up with it looking graphically worse? Look at all that unfocused blur, disgusting.
>>
I hope they will add more characters later. I just wanna play a generic lichlord ala Sandro.
>>
>>1054388
Sure you did, and you just happened to perfectly recreate the exact screenshot people were shitposting with on /v/ for a while now?
>>
>>1054647
It's literally from GOG, you braindead retard.
>>
>>1054654
I don't use GOG, you also didn't answer my question.
>>
>>1054568
>devs bravely put in a high percent of people of color

You say that, but appearently according to the campaign and the game's site, most 'people of color' you autists are complaining about aren't actually humans, they're Harima, their version of orcs.
HoMM3 has just as many actual black skinned humans as this game if not more. This is one of those rare example where no one's being woke here, you're just projecting your nightmares for the sake of a bait.
>>
>>1054658
>most 'people of color' you autists are complaining about aren't actually humans
that's what we've been saying the whole time, yeah
>>
>>1054658
>>1054663
>Now contracts are law and anyone, human or Harima, can rise by their deals and their deeds
>anyone, human or Harima
so the devs are actually based?
>>
File: twitch.png (267 KB, 396x338)
267 KB
267 KB PNG
nice
>>
>>1054687
wow, for a million year old game which ubisoft seems desperate to kill heroes 3 is doing pretty well
>>
>>1054690
to be honest, it currently is carried by voodoosh (probably the biggest russian homm streamer) but it's nice to see it still going with good numbres
>>
>>1054658
>they're Harima, their version of orcs.
Sure, the creature that looks like the most precious, sacred thing in America, the black woman with an afro, is an "orc".
>>
>>1054388
>My god, is that... It can't be... No no no picture of a black woman? In a fantasy setting?
End yourself.
>>
>>1054388
Checked.

Yeah that's a red flag for me too, anon.
>>
turns out even for a game this pretty I think the HoMM style gameplay loop is just boring. i dont feel like I ever have any actual meaningful choice in these games. you start a skirmish and are surrounded by items and stuff, so you spend turns collecting it all, flagging stuff along the way, maybe get a few more units before busting the next big burrow, rinse and repeat. i want to like this sort of thing so bad but everytime I play it it feels braindead.
>>
>>1054767
>literally no argument, just butthurt
The game will never be nearly as popular as HoM&M was precisely because 'people' like you.
>>
>>1054833
You need to play a game where the difficulty is upped considerably (1v7FFA expert). If that is too hard you tone it down. The games are fun when you are actually challenged and need to use the tools the game gives you.
>>
>>1054833
Sounds more like you would prefer 4X games with more choices. Try Endless Space 2, Endless Legend or Humankind
>>
>>1054833
try out age of wonders 3
>>
File: campaign 2 q.jpg (1020 KB, 2560x1440)
1020 KB
1020 KB JPG
second campain. how do i get here? do I have to go all the way around or is it just flavor buildings?
>>
>>1054833
I feel somewhat the same. The powering up loop feels fine for me, but in the end all games turn out to be about logistics and everything feels snowballing if fail or win in it. Even "pro' pvp Heroes players just quit before the main battle, because it is meaningless - one side is much stronger than the other or is catched in an unlucky moment.
With that game I felt the same - you constantly chase enemy heroes or are caught by them. Otherwise the game feels solid - the battles are fun for me, economy, magic and other systems work, which is rare in modern day.
>>
>>1054522
Yeah the devs put in their passion and it shows.
>>
>>1055194
>Even "pro' pvp Heroes players just quit before the main battle, because it is meaningless - one side is much stronger than the other or is catched in an unlucky moment.
what the fuck
>>
playing first campaign right now
graphics are ok but somewhat feel distorted I guess too much bloom and shit and pixel shit(not consistent)
also plenty of women heroes or units
>MC -woman
>first allied hero - woman
>enemy pretender - woman
>rangers - women
>enemy merc pike(wo)men - women
kind strange feeling
>>
>>1055270
We just need a skimpy mod
>>
>>1055246
I whatched around a dozen streams, not more, I may be wrong. But as far as I remember, 50% of the time thw match was decided by who spotted who first and caught offguard - the main hero often travels without army or with only fastes units to have more move points. 40% it was obvious that one was way ahead of the other - in one turn they like 10 angels vs 3 angels and it was meaningless. To have meaningful a final battle you need relatively close armies, which is rare.
Songs of Conquest replicates HoMM3 gameplay pretty close in campaigns. Which is fine, but the logistics turns out to be too important, just like in Heroes. The logistics is just not that fun.
>>
>>1053949
>old=bad
>new=gooooood
>omnomnomnomnom, consoom and don't ask questions!
The pic in>>1053996 is pretty great at showing how they fucked up the sprites.
Instead of the clear, eloquent art-style they went for edgy blur that fucking obscures or outright distorts the details on the unit as an attempt to hide the fact their artist either is a hack or severely underpaid.
>>
>>1055323
I know this is going to be a radical opinion but hear me out.
Old = Sometimes good
New = Sometimes good
>>
>>1055339
>old=sometimes good
>new=seldom good
ftfy
>>
>>1055342
Objectively correct. An older game is categorically more likely to be good than a new game since too many games these days release as utter garbage and become playable months or years later
>>
>>1055323
>edgy blur that fucking obscures or outright distorts the details
the fuck? goatman in soc looks more detailed than the heroes one
are you saying artist is a hack because you can't see the face of the human units or something? holy shit
>>
>>1055319
As much as I love HoMM3, I definitely get what you mean. I feel like SoC is trying to mitigate that idea of the game being decided before a fight even occurs by implementing unit stack caps and limiting the ammount of heroes that you can have out at once. Whether or not it'll actually work out the way its intended is another thing that we'll only see in time, but I think it's a neat idea and hopefully they can manage to solve that issue.
>>
>>1053996
You might call me blind but i like the sprites on the left more.
>>
ITT: desperate shills
shamefur dispray
>>
>>1055436
So do you just go into every thread where people are talking about games and call them a shill, or only games that you personally don't like?
>>
>>1055442
true 4channers only play games from before 2010, so any new release being discussed non-negatively can only be attributed to shills
>>
>>1055106
yeah I may try this.

>>1055130
>>1055152
i do prefer 4X games. but I wanted to give this a go because at least on the surface it wasnt just trying to jerk it to HoMM3. im not anti this aren't going to refund, but idk I was just hoping for a real mix up of the design.

>>1055194
yeah don't get me wrong - the game totally crushes it at all the stuff its trying to do and it feels like a worthy successor to the genre. but it's still very much in that lineage, and isnt going to really find new converts.
>>
>>1055436
This. It's really painfully obvious which posters are paid shills. Especially those that are running damage control over the abundant inclusion of antique farming equipment. Imagine how braindead your company has to be to put that in the sort of game that antique farming equipment literally never plays.
>>
>>1055461
>>1055442
The games from the times before have already made their money and are much less likely to have paid shills than the fresh projects which need to make a buck
>>
>>1055368
Some don't even become playable at all lol
>>
It's too expensive!
>>
Any eta for an actual release and not OP's early access "release"
This year? Next year? Never ever?
>>
>>1055713
I agree. $30 for an unfinished game is asking a lot.
>>
>>1055466
Y'all racist chudsters no longer matter to game devs. The future is brown & trans. Heckin' deal w it.
>>
>>1051915
>there are two characters with Finnish names
>both are black women

Swedish feel indeed.

>>1055740
Around a year from now.

>>1055756
As far as I've understood they are likely not going to increase the price at release but yeah early access game with full price is pretty much especially without any launch discount.
>>
The AI is the biggest piece of cheating shit I've ever seen
>>
>tfw got it for 6 bucks
Sometimes living in poorfag world is alright

Also I think I finally figured out how necromancy works - it seems like after you lose your humanoid Loth troops after battle they will be raised as zombies. A real bummer.
>>
>>1055850
Good for you. It costs 24 bucks in pooland currently (and I think I will pass until there is a sale). I didn't know there are even lower price tiers.
>>
>>1054128
By making her a lesbian?
Yeah, instantly debased
>>
>>1054006
Sounds like she has barbarian blood inside her
>>
>>1055849
>The AI is the biggest piece of cheating shit I've ever seen
You should try some Japanese games, Western devs got nothing on cheating AIs.
>>
It's so bad. Already refunded the garbage.
>>
>>1055875
just pirate it moron
>>
>>1054128
she sound and behave like a cunt desu
>>
I'm sorta new to this game genre but it's always annoying to me how you have to make a conga line of heroes to supply your main hero with troops. At least that's how it was in homm3 is it the same here?
>>
>>1051709
>>1051723
>>1051741
>>1052076
>>1052191
>>1053950
>>1054272
>>1054310
Obvious shills.
>>
>>1056284
There's an inexpensive building that can be placed in any town and lets you recruit units from every single city you have which alleviates that problem.
>>
>>1056284
>>1056314
you will still want conga lines to multiply the number of actions you take per turn, won't you? Or is this game like Disciples where engaging in a battle consumes 80% of your movement points?
>>
>>1056284
>>1056377
Probably still an issue, but at least there's a hero cap tied to town count, so you can't drop 8 heroes day 1.
>>
>spiritual sequel (ripoff) of decades old game but worse in every way.
Why do people keep falling for this.
>>
>>1054388
I hope you finds out about the White male lead, Mighty Whitey, and The white man's burden tropes to see how being white has been glorified in the media for a very long time.
You can share the spotlight
>>
File: 1651900927757.png (833 KB, 862x737)
833 KB
833 KB PNG
>>1056421
Nah.
>>
>>1056421
>>1056289
>>
File: 1438792272167.gif (607 KB, 800x792)
607 KB
607 KB GIF
Okay, the land mine spam strategy as frogs is pretty fun. So far it's the only caster build I see that doesn't suck ass early game
>>
Its not bad and quite pretty but seriously
woke wibe is strong and desu it would work better as Eador genesis/Kings Bounty mix than Heroes Clone
>>
>>1051684
Will be completely and utterly dead by 2025.
>>
>>1051684
I was considering looking at this game but what's up with the face of the protagonist? Why is that her base expression?
>>
>>1056987
She's angry? I don't know, I haven't played the game
>>
>>1057021
She needs to chill
>>
>>1056987
shes fem-hitler who kills everyone on her land and forces taxes
>>
>>1057035
Hitler was cuter than her
>>
>>1057035
Based tomboy fem-Hitler?!
>>
>>1054715
Fuck China.
Nanking needs another good fucking.
>>
Glad /v/ hate it
Less toxic gamers
>>
>>1057035
What the fuck are you smoking? She is defending her lands from invaders. The first named character she kills had invaded and taken control of a city. She is nothing like Hitler.
>>
File: loth undead.png (1.22 MB, 871x796)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB PNG
>>1057382
not the same anon but she is a heavy handed cunt
wouldn't call her a hitler tho
just a bitch

anyway Undead heroes(9)
>4 white(2F/2M)
>2 black(1M/1F)
>3 undead(2M/1F)
>>
File: barya desert merchants.png (1.11 MB, 899x756)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB PNG
desert merchants heroes
>2 white(1m/1f)
>2 brown(1M/1F)
>2 black(1m/1f)
>3 Harima(looks like ogres or orcs)(2m/1f)
>>
File: rana swamp lizards.png (1.04 MB, 850x751)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB PNG
rana swamp lizards
>4 frogs(one look like female, maybe)
>1 croc(or wahtever)
>1 turtle
>3 dragon kin
dunno about their sex outside maybe that horned frog
>>
File: arleaon knights.png (1.16 MB, 821x760)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB PNG
arleaon knights
>3 white(2F/1M)
>1 yellow(1M)
>2 black(2F)
>3 faye(2F/1M)
most feminized faction 6 F vs 3M
>>
>>1057382
Don't bother him, he just jealous to POCs
Typical white man
>>
>>1057385
Ambertina looks Asian to me. White character have rounder eyes.
>>
File: Prepare to be spooked.jpg (665 KB, 1280x1709)
665 KB
665 KB JPG
>>1057477
you may be right
kind of too multiculti for me
I don't mind having varied factions but make them consistent
also overall there is little content
4 factions
2 short campaign
only few skirmish maps
also noticed that there is quite high stat inflation
I like that settlements are different in size and tactical battles but it feel that it would be better utilized in game more similar to Kings Bounty or Eador
well its EA after all
also big complain for slow movement on map, loading between battles and long enemy turns
>>
Stormpire filtered me I played too wide instead of tall
>>
Refunded. It's not that it's a bad game, it's just that it turns out that without a child's imagination, this style of game is so boring now.
>>
>>1051690
Holy shit it looks like trash
can you remove the bloom, fix the blur etc?
>>
>>1054367
>>1054370
Do you have those for the other factions?
I only found the undead one
>>
>>1057719
If you go on the official discord you can find all 4 line ups. They posted Rana two weeks ago and they were hiding the fact that there was gonna be dragons in the game. Rana ultimate unit can upgrad into a dragon and with some research can be upgraded to be Ancient dragon.
>>
>>1057850
Just checked, They updated the troop lineup but they ddi not add the ancient dragons.
>>
>>1057850
>discord
no
>>
File: 1652150720702.jpg (132 KB, 598x995)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>1054367
>insectoid menace
>satyr thundercock with longsword and armor
>horny goat lady in bandages
Huh this actually looks cool. Different from the usual faggy fae creature design.
>>
>>1058343
It would be cool if the faction was 'the good guys' on paper but would commit one atrocity after another, for the player to only realize half way through the campaign that they are playing evil humans enslaved by demons, "fey" being an euphemism, a lie told to the populace years ago when the *alliance* was first forged.
Of course that will never happen because it's $CURRENT_YEAR and we can't have nice things, only strong women.
>>
Any spell tier lists out yet?
>>
>>1051684
Full game soundtrack -

https://youtu.be/VDMwetxTV4s
>>
>>1051684
well that turned out to be a disappointment
>>
>>1058595
Hmm thats a pretty good idea for a custom campaign or scenario
>>
>>1058595
desu the redhead already sound like massive bitch
>>
>>1058595
oh wait, it's just terran campaign in starcraft.
>>
>>1058595
sounds gay and leftist
>>
>>1058595
>only realize half way through the campaign that they are playing evil humans enslaved by demons, "fey" being an euphemism, a lie told to the populace years ago when
No thank, that very japanese
>>
So what is anyone's tought about this game? I'm surprisingly satisfied with it. It feels like playing HoMM again, the music is great and the each hero (Wielder) ha it's own ingame model and not just a generic one depending on their class. Merkoth is probably my fav. character.
>>
>>1058595
Enslaved by (((demons)))
>>
I like the gameplay but it screams neosweden

It is an universe where men=female physically.

>archers are women
>pikeneers (I guess spearMEN is too patriachal) are female
>knights of arleon are women
>brutes, ogre like creatures are women
>all faction leaders are women, high ranking people are women in Arleon faction, nobility too, the other factions also are ruled by women
>mc is woman, side characters are mostly women except frogs
>the undead faction has a woman empress
>basically no white man as a unit, only oriental or dark skinned, even undead are dark skinned
>multiculti haven with no identity but I guess you could argue they were all part of one empire ruled by a WOMAN
>>
>>1059249
you get subsidies for making sure your media is pozzed. not joking
>>
How the fuck did they came to the conclusion that it would be OK to release it, even as paid beta, sorry, I mean "Early Access", without a random map generator?
>>
>>1059263
random map generator is already in, you just have to go into map editor first and press a button, save it and so on. Yes, it's dumb and it's even dumber that it's not stated anywhere.
>>
>>1059254
that probably explains it, I saw earlier comments and the knight and archer was supposed to be a man so I guess they sold out
>>
Sorry bros I tried to like it but Ubi’s HoMM7 also mogs this despite both being unfinished.
Turns out having better town building means jackshit if the magic and combat are meh but that’s just me I guess some hardcore h3 autists could like this.
>>
>>1059254
also they are really adamant on having exactly 50% men and women with less white men everywhere
>>
File: RanaLineup_1920x1080 (1).gif (3.98 MB, 1920x1080)
3.98 MB
3.98 MB GIF
>>1058595
After playing through entire Rana campaign, that is technically what happens. There is one black dude that decided to free the frogs and everyone, including Harima, Undead and Fey etc. hunted him down for it.

And it's because the dude knew frogs had dragons all along. So basically, yeah, Arleon, Baria and Loth despite being different sides WILL ally just to bully Rana, because they don't want fucking dragons to bully them back (again). Fey and Arleon are just as bad as the undead and slaver faction and I really won't be surprised if the Feys will just turn out to be demons who also got either bullied into submission by humans or will backstab them or some shit.

Also people already speculate (and request) basic ghouls you're getting from necromancy to replace rats from tier 1 unit on Loth so we will have a new faction focused entirely on rats, jokingly reffered to as "Ratna", and honestly I wouldn't mind another beastfolk faction, but less with furfags and more with plague doctors, spreading diseases and shit.
>>
>>1059305
>I wouldn't mind another beastfolk faction
Me neither but i hope they add some more human and fey units as either neutrals or campaign only unit.
>>
>>1059399
>>1059305
they need to add more women
>>
>>1059305
>world peace is not an option
say what you want about being pozzed garbage, this alone makes the setting sound awesome
>>
>>1059405
>inb4 Reverse Amazon faction
>Only guys
>'Dungeon' replacement
>>
File: 1EQYeO9.png (142 KB, 380x380)
142 KB
142 KB PNG
>>1059431
I need this
>>
File: nigress.jpg (549 KB, 1920x1200)
549 KB
549 KB JPG
So is Learning a dead skill? For a secondary wielder? Maybe I'm retarded but I just don't see it. You level up faster sure but -1 skill point kinda negates that.
>>
>>1059466
It's fine. That skill also works for various objects that give you experience, so you can level off of those faster and get access to better secondary stuff like march or scouting
>>
>>1059466
No, Learning is still just as bad as it was before.
Teaching is great for multi because you can teach it to your main hero and suddenly give 10+ level ups to your secondaries.
>>
>>1059471
>>1059476
>the duality of man
>>
>>1059466
Takes like 8-9 levels to pay it off, and anything past that is pure value.
>>
>every scenario in the campaign is pretty easy
>last map of both campaigns makes me want to quit

Sure, I want to ambushed by enemies that spam spells and nuke my entire army in less than a turn. I think most people hate magic system because while the AI sucks in normal combat, it knows exactly how to abuse magic. Meanwhile all I know that works well is binding melee units so that they can't move and I can just defeat them from long range. God I hate this.
>>
Heroes of Trans Rights Magic
>>
>>1059535

For the Human/Fey mission 4 you can just give all your best artifacts to Gawr (or whatever his name is), Fill his army with horned ones and as long as you manage to pick Magic resistance on level up before you encounter the mage AI hero you can roll on the map.

The two fey heroes have some super high stats for some reasons.
>>
>>1059254
Sadly, this is true in many Western countries now.
>>
I thought Rana campaign was boring shit but the turtle hero is actually great fun.
>>
>>1051690
>It's another ""'"soulful""" shitty looking game that does by design what people 30 years ago has to do out of necessity
I hate this.
>>
>>1060255
That's like half of /vst/
>>
>>1059915
the us too
>state department sets policy (more poz)
>fed prints the money (creating inflation)
>it's sent to compliant banks (do as told or you don't get any more)
>said banks then invest in compliant companies (eg netflix)
>media companies release the officially unofficial pozzaganda
>>
>>1060273
ps. there's a very ugly word for state control of capital. it starts with a c.
>>
File: 33c9a5bbe27d41c99a8bb845.jpg (1.42 MB, 1920x1080)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB JPG
Did anyone try hero's hour? How does it compare to HOMM3 and Songs of Conquest?
>>
>>1060364
It's combat is real-time autobattle which was pretty meh to me but people seem to like it too. I think it leans to nostalgia too much, to the point of just copying visual stuff and unit/faction designs straight off Heroes 3 and doesn't really even try to have an identity of it's own.
>>
>>1060276
Capitalism
>>
>>1051684
Hyped no, but I will play it.
>>
>>1060276
Fascism
>>
>>1060376
Fascism was our best shot and reining in the worst aspects of capitalism while retaining it's benefits. Unfortunately, the bad guys won.
>>
>>1060601
If only the good guys didn't immediately fuel their entire economy on war and genocide maybe the bad guys would have realized they had a future and joined them
>>
>>1060376
fascism doesn't have an economic policy of its own and just cribbed off the commies, with equally disastrous results
>>
>>1060371
>capitalism is when the state tells capital what to do
i know you inbred reds love calling everything bad capitalism, but it's pretty funny to see you calling the fundamental policy of communism capitalist
>>
File: SongsOfConquestTrees.png (282 KB, 1920x1280)
282 KB
282 KB PNG
>>1054614
>unfocused blur
are you talking about... webm video compression? holy shit, you're right, they intentionally blurr for depth of field with pseudo3D stuff
poor pixelartist getting his work ruined
>>
>>1060633
You're the one who's inbred since you think capital doesn't tell the state what to do in current year lol which is precisely what capitalism is for
But it's pretty funny to see you calling a fundamental policy of capitalism communist
>>
File: getoffmylawn.jpg (649 KB, 1920x1200)
649 KB
649 KB JPG
Just played through the first 3 human missions. I'm not a /pol/tard but some of the anons are right. The male:female characters ratio is like 8:2 up in this bitch, but the characters themselves don't scream muh patriarchy or whatever. It's kinda half-ass and honestly quite bizarre. Main redhead seems based though.
>>
>>1060794
>male:female characters ratio is like 8:2
I'm retarded. It's actually the other way around the characters are 80% women.
>>
>>1060604
Oversimplified take. (((International financiers))) were demonizing Germany and agitating for conflict years before Germany ever made a move. Russia had major ambitions regarding Europe and so war was inevitable in the East. There's no reason to believe everything would've been better if Germany had just kept their heads down.

>>1060794
>It's kinda half-ass
Yeah, they're trying to have their cake and eat it too. Well, no cake from me.
>>
File: FI2m9qeWQAAIw1D.jpg (244 KB, 800x1000)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
Your favourite wielder so far? My one is Merkoth.
>>
>>1060601
>Unfortunately, the bad guys won.
yea
USA won sadly
>>
>>1060794
ye I agree
I would not even mind if they go with full matriarchy(women rulers and inheritance, women sorcerers and leader etc with men slaving around etc) if it was consistent
but its half baked, like both her and the usurper chick predecessor rulers were men
>>
File: HoMM3BoysFortress.png (492 KB, 800x600)
492 KB
492 KB PNG
>>1059305
Fortress bros we're back
>>
>>1059249
>It is an universe where men=female physically.
Why is this such a fucking problem?
When men do impossible things like beating up 30 other guys at once, punching holes in concrete, bending steel like jelly, deflecting bullets with their hands no one complains.
If you have a woman beat up a man in a fist fight suddenly it's over for western civilization.
The only conclusion is that men are so fucking retarded they actually believe they could do all those things with a bit of training.
>>
inb4 tranny accusations
>>
>>1061196
simple as 1=/=2
>>
>>1059249
Malding chudcel. You will never have sex.
>>
>>1060647
>>1060798
how is it possible if entire faction (Rana) has just one woman and I've counted like 1:1 ratio everywhere else?
>>
>>1061284
Meant (you)ing >>1060794
>>
File: archer.png (122 KB, 360x360)
122 KB
122 KB PNG
>>1059249
>archers are women
So we're going back to some good old HoMM 2 kino? Nice.
>>
File: Ranger.png (806 KB, 731x1075)
806 KB
806 KB PNG
>>1061311
>>
>>1051737
>>1051862
go back to /v/
>>
>>1061311
delete this
>>
File: love.png (12 KB, 72x102)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>1061627
No.
>>
>>1061284
Haven't played Rana yet so idk. My perspective might be skewered though because they put women in traditionally men things on top of already having women in traditionally women things.
>pikewomen
>ogresses
>women knights
>women rangers
Also
>main character
>main rival
>first companion
>big bad the empress
But like I said, they aren't the woke youreafuckingwhitemale type women though.
>>
>>1061786
The more I'm playing it, it does feel like they wanted to plaster woman on teaser's/first campaign and in some units, but in game it's nowhere near actually as big of a deal as people on /v/ and /vst/ seem to make it out to be. And the worst part is, I get it, at first this game just seems like another unfinished indie pixelshit in a dead genre and it has woman, so it has to be pozzed and woke.

However to put it into perspective. HoMM had:
>Entire faction in first two games ONLY led by women
>Main character of the third game's Castle campaign (she's not playable, but she's probably most important character in said campaign nonetheless) and AB campaign be a women.
>Extra two campaigns in AB are solely about two women's independent quests, one to get rid off the undead and another's to become a dragon.
>SoD's campaign protagonist is Gem alongside Gelu and our favorite barbarian
>Class of heroes for Citadel in HoMM exclusive only for women
>Actually a lot of towns starting with HoMM3 had a roughly 50/50 ratio of men and women as their heroes. Btw it took me by surprise but a lot of heroes in HoMM3 that I thought for sure were men, actually weren't, such as Thunar or Kyree.
>Guess who are the protags of biggest two campaigns (Order and Chaos) in HoMM4? That's right, women. Also the opening cinematic ends on women.
>Multiple units that over time either started as women or were turned into women for future games. Biggest example being Archers in 2, Angels in 5, Elf archers in 4, large number of units in Haven and Reserve in 5-7
>Sanctuary in HoMM6 are led mostly by female heroes, is led by female hero in the campaign and outside of Kappas, Sharks, Kenshis and probably Kirins, all of their units are female looking characters.
>>
>>1061832
Yeah its kinda weird for a non coomer game that is not very appealing to the female public have this many women in it. but even a fag like me can handle looking at a femoid or two.
>>
File: 2.jpg (19 KB, 244x194)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>1061832
>>1061884
They just want to drive home that it's a fantasy setting.
>>
>>1061832
Heroes or wielders make sense as they are exceptional people but having so many women in army in roles that are not fit for them is what make this so unbelievable and strange because you cant really rationalize that all those women like pikeneers or knights in full plate armor wielding huge axes are so exceptional, gifted, magical...

The knight is a really strange decision and sounds like a political decision (it cant be a cool factor if you cant even recognize if it is woman by looking at it, just sounds, the pony tail and devs saying it is a woman). We know it is a political and not art decision because devs said the knight had a male voice and then was later changed so they changed units voices/details later for some reason... Why would they do that otherwise as it was clearly done?
>>
File: 1652801704456m.jpg (220 KB, 647x1024)
220 KB
220 KB JPG
>>1061890
>They just want to drive home that it's a fantasy setting.
>>
>>1061900
>knights being women is too mindbreaking for this anon
lmao
>>
>>1062098
-4 STR
>>
>>1061890
>lavapotion, my son
>its time to show everyone this is a fantasy settings
>will you create unique units, factions and environments
>or plaster blacks and women everywhere

>>1061900
Well said, the political and cultural climate has shifted so much. In older homm games these things were done much better and mostly for variety, nowadays not so much becuase you know there is an agenda behind those decisions. This reminds me of a devlog from starsector about story and character writing.
>so we have this supportive side character role
>this is normally a female role
>but to create something new
>we gonna put a dude in there xD

I mean at the end of the second human mission you are culling a bloody uprising and to remind you this is a magical world you kill a bunch of fay on your way here.
>>
>>1062456
>In older homm games these things were done much better and mostly for variety
Old good! New bad!
>>
>>1062498
>Old good! New bad!
if old stuff is so bad why dont you come up with a new phrase
>>
>>1062456
>AHHH NOO WOMZ HAVE TO RELY ON MAGIC IN A FIGHT OR ELSE WESTERN CIVILIZATION IS OVER
These posts are brilliant. Btw cavaliers in homm3 are also women.
>>
Queen goat mid-riff!
>>
File: 12313212.png (270 KB, 1455x536)
270 KB
270 KB PNG
>>1062550
>>
>>1062550
>Btw cavaliers in homm3 are also women.
why do they sound like men and don't have boobs on their breastplates?
>>
File: Tyris.png (60 KB, 368x289)
60 KB
60 KB PNG
>>1062550
At least some of them definitely are given how Tyris' description doesn't make any kind of point of her being a woman anything unique.
>>
File: Joan.png (578 KB, 500x747)
578 KB
578 KB PNG
>>1062575
>don't have boobs on their breastplates
Because based HoMM 3 devs knew to cover all the fetishes from bikini armor to boobplate to women in realistic armor.
>>
File: pegasi.png (88 KB, 928x267)
88 KB
88 KB PNG
>>1062550
never said or implied that
Why because a single female hero? Lol the mental gymnastics you are will to go through. Meanwhile we have pegasi who have visual and written implications of being women and you dont even mention them.
When you see a picture of an orc or ape are you reminded of black people?
>>
>>1061196
Well I can, but most guys, no.
>>
>>1062588
Black people literally are orcs in most fantasy games. Watch Vaush & educate yourself.
>>
>>1062610
lol, 0/10. Too obvious.
>>
>>1061832
>Multiple units that over time either started as women or were turned into women for future games. Biggest example being Archers in 2
Wait, what? Source on that? They look and sound like men to me.
>>
>>1062616
Look at the sprite. Both archers and rangers have visible boobs and wear lipstick.
>>
File: Heroes_II_Ranger.png (247 KB, 360x360)
247 KB
247 KB PNG
>>1062616

Get your eyes checked.
>>
>>1062622
I went and looked in my sprite collection, and unless "Cyrus the annihalator" was playing the long game, then you are right.
I thought that people like >>1062627
was just fucking with us.
>>
>>1062588
Orcs and goblins are clearly slavs you dumbfuck
>>
>>1062639
>>1062588
>implying orcs and goblins aren’t Chinese
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 225x225)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>1062588
>blacks
>>1062639
>slavs
>>1062651
>chinese

y do dis, ork iz ork
>>
>>1062656
I thought orc is elf.
>>
>>1062658
only if Tolkien is involved
>>
>>1062663
That reminds me where do Warcraft orcs come from?
>>
>>1062678
they are literally aliens, they came through the dark portal from another planet
>>
File: blademaster_face.gif (15 KB, 166x161)
15 KB
15 KB GIF
>>1062680
I was wondering which race they evolved from since elves are mutuated trolls and humans/dwarfs are former robots made by aliens. I thought they maybe came from ogres but it seems they're just a normal race that evolved on its own.
>>
>>1052614
>expecting /pol/ zoomers to have played HOMM3
>>
As much and as obvious as the whole 90% of the characters being women it didn't feel like it tried to shove any other cringey WOMEN POWER shit in your face so I'm ok with it.

The gameplay is alright but the game feels very basic right now and the world interactables feel very dull and boring compared to something like age of wonders games.
Maybe they're intentionally keeping things tame in order to keep MP balanced I guess but I'm interested to see how the game will look a year from now. but right now I don't feel motivated to go back to play a skirmish/online again.
>>
>>1054614
Do high tier neutral dwellings ever spawn on random maps?
I swear, I've never seen one when playing on random maps.
>>
Wtf, are knights really female?

I was on the edge with whole Arleon mixing Castle and Rampart, but this really beyond retarded.
>>
File: asd.png (319 KB, 639x448)
319 KB
319 KB PNG
>>1063431
maybe they mentioned it in the campaign (and then I didn't pay attention I guess) but neither of these sprites looks like a woman to me
>>
>>1063445
Top one appears to have a ponytail draped to the front, which seems female to me.
>>
>>1063456
Good lord, tell me the upgrade is male because this would be so retarded.
I get it is a fantasy game, but having women as frontline melee warriors is harder to swallow than talking turtles.
>>
>>1063431
at 1:13:00 you can hear the knight get hit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0Zr-qBzk38
dunno if its just the horse or the woman
>>
File: trumpwall.jpg (811 KB, 1920x1200)
811 KB
811 KB JPG
>ebin siege to enemy's big dick city
>pyrrhic victory
>second army arrives next turn with 12312312 skellies to retake it
>fuck me, might as well
>???
>cheese.mp4
Literally won a battle I had no business winning. I guess the eternal problem for this type of game is simply how bad the AI is. If you surround an enemy unit with walls sometimes it will waste cutting down the one behind it.
>>
File: AIsiege.jpg (552 KB, 1920x1200)
552 KB
552 KB JPG
>>1063517
recap screen
>>
>Want to discuss the actual game and compare it to homm3 to see what is good and what needs to be changed
>Its just polbait about women and niggers again
Game really needs two more factions minimum and the RMG with it.
Are the spell choices all unlocked and the same at the start of every game?
>>
>>1063535
>Are the spell choices all unlocked and the same at the start of every game?
Yes, having the magic skills on Wielders just upgrades them.

What the game needs in my opinion is some faction mechanics and assymetrical faction design, especially if it's going to have so few.
>>
>>1063468
devs said on dickcord they are female
>>
>>1063362
Too high value for vanilla and most templates. Clash of dragons template has them, maybe some others with extra rich zones too.
>>
>>1063712
How do I find out which templates might spawn them? I found this:
https://h3hota.com/en/templates#xlu-templates/nostalgia
But I have no idea how to interpret it.
>>
>>1063764
>>1063764
Look at Clash of Dragons specifications on the template page, there need to be neutral zones with 80k value guards. Azures have ai value of 76k https://heroes.thelazy.net/index.php/List_of_creatures
Fairy 20k etc. Not sure if dwelling have the same values as creatures, I can't find value of dwellings anywhere. But main reason you don't usually see neutral dwellings is because they need a neutral zone it seems.
>>
>>1062612

Literally. Educate. Yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfGbSnGObbU
>>
File: pegasus.png (78 KB, 186x225)
78 KB
78 KB PNG
>>1063431
>>1063468
>is combination of rampart and castle
>castle's cavalier hero was a woman
>rampart flying cavalry was women
>as a result Arleon knights are women
>>
To people who want to talk about this game and talk about something related to it and HoMM and not just gender and race politics, both the game's discord server (yes, i know, most public discords are shitty and people ban for smallest words, however i was actually able to normally converse while using words like autism or fag with devs of the game and they seemed fine with it so idc) and other forums are available.

Normally I don't mind /pol/ raids or people going on tangents, but not even 80% of this thread is ontopic.
>>
>>1063456
I'm a male and I have a ponytail right now. It's a pretty popular medieval hairstyle in fantasy at least.
>>
>>1063431
>>1063468
These posts are really funny considering the shitstorm on twitter yesterday.
>>
>>1063913
it was more of an early modern thing irl
>>
>>1063824
-1/10
Getting kind of desperate desu.
>>
File: the fuck.jpg (835 KB, 1920x1080)
835 KB
835 KB JPG
>>1063798
I have no idea how to make it properly so I'll just play, had an itch anyway.
But what the hell is this? I don't think this was supposed to happen.
>>
>>1064134
scholars can throw you some real curveballs yea
>>
>>1063916
What happened?
>>
>>1064256
Some "alpha male advice" account made a long rant about why women shouldn't be allowed on horses (something about sexual stimulation for them) and everyone made fun of him.
>>
File: kindahotng.jpg (31 KB, 400x400)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>1064294
>women shouldn't be allowed on horses (something about sexual stimulation for them)
>>
>>1064294
>women shouldn't be allowed on horses
They should be under them.
>>
>>1064548
t. Lara Croft
>>
>>1064606
t. A man of taste
>>
>>1053527
>>1056613
>woke
Did you niggers actually play HoMM3?

> it would work better as Eador genesis/Kings Bounty mix
KB sequel had you PLAYING as a women, without other options.
>>
>>1064670
>Did you niggers actually play HoMM3?
No I just randomly go into threads to complain about women or blacks.
>>
>>1063936
No counterargument? Concession accepted, chud.
>>
>>1062456
>In older homm games these things were done much better and mostly for variety, nowadays not so much becuase you know there is an agenda behind those decisions.

>so we have this supportive side character role
>this is normally a female role
>but to create something new
>we gonna put a dude in there xD

What's being described is literally doing something for the sake of variety you schizo.
>>
>>1064709
-2/10
You are getting kind of stale too now.
>>
No one actually watches that idiot for real analysis. Imagine being a bargin bin version of fucking DESTINY. Disgusting.
>>
>>1064670
>KB sequel had you PLAYING as a women, without other options.
I mean that battle system would work better in this sort of games than in HoMM style one
>>
File: variety.png (138 KB, 844x295)
138 KB
138 KB PNG
>>1064768
does pic read like the writer wants to make a cast of good characters with good variety, of course not its a cheap and hamfisted way to pretend you have
meanwhile no one is complaining that Barya a desert/nomad faction has a full cast of brown people >>1057389, people are even having fun playing it, how come?
but keep pointing out there that homm and others games had females and minorities as if nobody played that game as if it was some kind of travesty, you are missing the point
>>
>>1065030
>does pic read like the writer wants to make a cast of good characters with good variety
Yes.
>meanwhile no one is complaining that Barya a desert/nomad faction has a full cast of brown people >>1057389, people are even having fun playing it, how come?
Half the posts in this thread are /pol/tards complaining about the game featuring women and brown people.
>>
File: 1234564565.png (224 KB, 593x656)
224 KB
224 KB PNG
>>1065030
>as if nobody played that game
Never played a single round of HoMM in my life and been arguing both sides in this thread.
>>
>>1063517
You're also playing Arleon, the most defensive faction
>>
>>1065031
Literally kill yourself you pathetic shill
>>
>>1065169
You will never have an ethnostate.
>>
>>1063468
They'd do better on the frontlines than as archers. Bows that are able to pierce decent armour require more strength and stamina than melee weapons.
>>
File: 12312312.png (121 KB, 216x429)
121 KB
121 KB PNG
>>1063468
>upgrade is male because this would be so retarded.
Hello there.
>>
>>1065177
I literally have, you pathetic little cuck. I hope you get fired when your cuck games sales plummet despite all the """viral marketing""". I will also buy the game and immediately return it citing that it wasn't anything like the hyperbolic statements made on /vst/. I hope you get fired and 41% yourself, tranny. You thought you could handle 4chan because you too used to be le epic MIGA shill before you cut off your dick? Well think again, future suicide victim. This is what real 4chan power is.
>>
File: HoMM_Gunnar.jpg (540 KB, 2048x1821)
540 KB
540 KB JPG
>>1051684
I wish games still had demo versions. This isn't really related to Songs of Conquest alone but it really annoys me that I can't just play a demo any more to figure out if a game is for me or not.
>>
>>1063913
I used to have long hair too, but when I had a ponytail I didn't drape it to the side/front... Only ever seen chicks do that.
>>
>>1065712
Demos are called torrents nowadays.
>>
>>1065712
What >>1065780 said, early access games are just a big demo anyway. 2 campaigns is only 8 missions of which 1st feels like a tutorial that only takes more than 5 minutes when you don't know anything about the game.
And this game has the equivalent of witch hut - monastery gives you random skill you can't refuse.
>>
>>1065626
Based. Shill on suicide watch.
>>
don't care, still bought Songs of Conquest
>>
I like how when this kind of topic is posted on steam discussion it is deleted in a day or two.
>>
>>1066038
Screencap of gog receipt? You got none? Uh oh.
>>
File: nervousman.png (192 KB, 803x602)
192 KB
192 KB PNG
>>1066400
This is really freaky but I'm having such a massive déjà vu. Like the last three or so comments suddenly feel like I've been here already.
>>
>>1063468
>but having women as frontline melee warriors is harder to swallow than talking turtles
Incel tear

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.