[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Crest_luddic_church.png (72 KB, 410x256)
72 KB
72 KB PNG
By Ludds blood the sector shall not fall to corruption of the demon cores.
>>
REMINDER:
PROMETHEUS MKII IS THE BEST CAPITAL SHIP
>>
>changing hegcom wallpapers to goatse
Feels good to be a tachboy
>>
File: arbwork_ludd_wrath.png (193 KB, 276x351)
193 KB
193 KB PNG
>>1050447
Have never rode the Wrath of Ludd in to the face of your enemies?
>>
>>1050457
I AM THE WRATH OF LUDD
>>
File: urapranker.png (64 KB, 154x220)
64 KB
64 KB PNG
Anyone fancy saving me the work of recoloring this in the glorious name of Ludd?
>>
I know I'm late with this but what also bothers me about Alexs unhinged Sindrian Memetard plans is that it will forever shaft midline. A fucking butt plug. That's all he showed off. And a recoloured worse butt plug. Why does Alex even pretend that the tech levels are supposed to be equal? I can't even remember when I last used a Champion. Will Midline ever stop being relegated to the trash can?
>>
>>1050523
we need a pather conquest that makes it even faster and more shooty
shields? who cares they’re only used for catching rockets, torpedoes, and hellbores
kitequests are for cowards, 900-1000 base range weapons are the superior choice
>>
>>1050523
>I can't even remember when I last used a Champion
Champions are quite good ships. You should try them one time. Extreme firepower balanced out by mediocre flux.
>>
>>1050557
What Loadout do you use? I seem to remember them having poor damage and durability, so I would use a Plasma Cannon Apogee instead since it could at least shield tank forever
>>
File: 1641138172516.webm (2.8 MB, 854x480)
2.8 MB
2.8 MB WEBM
Pastebin with links to old mods updated to 0.95,valkyrians,Onslaught Intensification and other things i need to keep track of

https://pastebin.com/bREaKLA9
>>
>>1050566
I'll check my design when I'm back home, but I remember 4 antimatter blasters on the front and safety overrides.
>>
>>1050569
Big Griff's Missile Emporium v3, posted near the end of the last thread.
https://files.catbox.moe/lymc51.zip
grifanon come back
>>
File: file.png (621 KB, 1039x752)
621 KB
621 KB PNG
Reminder you can never have enough rocket.
>>
>>1050645
you need small composite slot missile weapons, 8 slots are going to waste
>>
>>1050726
I agree but it's as if no mod maker are willing to make my completely balanced missiles-only space barge.
>>
I stumbled upon a Starsector thread on /v/ and found out something about the modders and by extension, the community. Can someone give me a QRD? I’m genuinely worried about the mods I’m about to pick up
>>
>>1050843
same as always
>>
hey onslaughtbro (or should I call you Vikta) i heard you wanted to add default variants for onslaught intensification so they can appear in fleets
why don't you hold loadout contests for your mod's ships
>>
>>1050843
don't use anything by modders by the names of TheDragn(furry), Nia(Trans), or Vajra(Communist Tranny). There will probably be modders other anons will tell you to look out for, but they're the ones who are more malicious than anything else. Some might warn you off about Harmful Mechanic, but he's not too bad to be honest. Tartiflette is a bit of a french fag, but his mods aren't too bad, plus his autism is what holds up a lot of other mods.
>>
>>1050843
Discord Cabal composed of transgender communists and furries ruin everything. Several modders including TheDragn, Vayra, NiaTahl, possibly others included code in their mods to fuck with players using the 'wrong' mods. The first wave was code to crash your game if you were running a space nazi mod, more recently NiaTahl added hidden code to make certain ships take more damage from the super special pirate boss faction (or just one boss ship? idk) their mod added. They have all removed the code when called on it but you might want to avoid their stuff. Of course, since they are high on the progressive stack and important members of the modding clique they're still around and weren't given more than a pls don't do that from the dev. The moral of the story is not to trust discord users, communists, furries or transgenders and to eject these undesirable elements from your communities before they take hold.
Otherwise things are fine. Game is fun.
>>
File: svi.png (417 KB, 394x527)
417 KB
417 KB PNG
I want to use Bowie's Starman as the theme for my mod. Fits so well with the story and it's got that positive laidback vibe that i want my world to give off.
It's a free mod, as far as i'm aware EU law lets me use copyrighted content if there is no profit made, is this true or did i get it wrong? should i care?
>>
is the only way to beat the suicide LP prometheus from luddic enhancement to bait with phase ships? even if I kill them before they explode they're still right next to me so I go down too. they also turn on a dime and go faster than burn drive.
>>
File: portrait_dontalways.png (32 KB, 128x128)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
>>1050843
>Can someone give me a QRD?
>I’m genuinely worried about the mods I’m about to pick up
The prominent members of the discord community are known for putting malware in their mods. As long as you don't run them in combinations of mods they disprove of, you're fine. A recent example is is Nia, who shoveled malware that causes his factions ships to do 10x damage against factions he personally disproves of either because their factions are just as powerful as his "special" faction or because the modder who created them has called him out on his BS.

Things have been worse, rampant crash code and protracted efforts to drive away members of the community they disprove of weren't uncommon but they had to reel their heads in when they after filling unauthorized DMCA notices in Alex's (the game creators) name and it created issues for him.

Unfortunately these provocateurs are in charge of the discord so they haven't been banned but the general word of caution is if you're used to double standards and willing to bend over on a whim the discord is a friendly place, if not keep away. One ludicrous example is a guy got banned from the discord because he refused to change his ships when they shared a similar color scheme to Tartiflettes even though they had completely different designs.

You should also not the discord crowd do come here, we don't mind but they have a habit of getting over-defensive, false flagging or mass reporting the thread until it gets deleted when we say something they don't like.
>>
>>1050938
These things always crashed my game. They are the reason I'm no longer using it.
>>
>>1050941
The discord belittles you for trying to make something unique and thar goes against their idea of "starsector" because fuck do i know. If they never tried something nobody else will is their cumbrain logic.
Also trannies and fascistoid delusional cucks run that server. Literally 1984
>>
>>1050843
The plain truth is that some modder are egocentric and not model of ethic. They bitch on others works, they have different opinions over balance and compete with each other over who have the prettiest overpowered spaceships.
StarSector open nature will attract very different personalities and many mods can cohabit at once.

Meanwhile 4chan is full of poltard who will exaggerate everything to support their political beliefs instead of supporting the neutral mentality modder should follow. You'll find some here who are still mad the developer preferred to kick out of -his- forum the modder making a pro-nazi mod, when they should be blaming the other modder who were making code on their own to prevent cohabitation of the nazi-mod with their own mods.

Anyway it doesn't mean you won't find interesting mod. Just don't stroke the modders egos and remind them they should be working together for a better experience.
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=177.0
>>
starsector more like NASsector
>>
>Anyway it doesn't mean you won't find interesting mod. Just don't stroke the modders egos and remind them they should be working together for a better experience.

you try that lmao
>>
Mods that improve exploration?
That give that mistery vibe, like abandoned colonies with buildings near a black hole, more complex exploration of stations, more types of stations, redacted larping as humans, generational colony ships where everyone mutated, perhaps new exploration mechanics and sensor rules
>>
>>1050991
Industrial Evolution has some cool stuff for exploring those ruins and unlocking the hull forge.. it's kind of awesome.
>>
>>1050991
HMI adds hidden fun stuff
>>
File: 1491438399733m.jpg (58 KB, 1024x768)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
What am I really missing from the Low Tech that just isn't clicking yet. Because I love big guns, I love big ranged balistic shit, I dig the high armor and shit but I swear to fucking christ that 99% of baseline low tech is just kind of hot garbage and that I can barely do much with it by default.

Like, a Paragon has a fucking ability you can stutter-cast in order to not just vent flux but massively waste missiles and time alongside an innate hyper range boost for no build points, 4 large energies and a non inconsequential ammount of missile slots for shit like Reapers. 2 Plasma cannons and 2 tachyons fuck shit up enough by themselves, but then I try to get a Onslaught. 3 large balistics but the default settup feels like a bad joke. Sure, its got some armor but its dual lasers barely feel like they're actual weapons, much less viable for prolongued combat. You run out of missiles and I swear it has less presence than a Champion with a Plas and a Barrage, not to mention its pathetic 600 default flux compared to a Para's 1250. So I think, maybe the Legion has something better, but no, its 2 large balistics tops with 500 flux, and both of these fuckers have Burn Drives as if that in any way makes them better at their jobs.

Sure, a Legion has carriers but have you tried actually piloting one of those things as a main ship? It sucks. An Onslaught feels like it even lacks the basic power to really fuck shit up on a full frontal fight past its missiles, and its basic suggested build is so inneficient you can't even run it for long either. Trying to carry two or three fucking capitals like this is a massive pain, not to mention expensive or difficult to find, ocassional semi prestine 13th battlegroup husks aside. Is there some kind of key build thing I'm missing or what?
>>
File: 1641864289000.png (259 KB, 1362x790)
259 KB
259 KB PNG
>>1050908
>>1050909
>>1050941
>>1050967
Well this just put me off of mods completely, and I haven't even started modding it yet.
Kind of hard to separate the work from the creator, if the creator is a piece of shit.
>>
>>1051028
Is Nex safe from these loser's mods??
>>
>>1050843
It's nothing particularly interesting. It's the common tale of egos and nutjobs that happen at least once in every modding community.
>>
When is this nerd going to update his Yuri Expedition mod. If I don't get nazi lolis in space soon I'm going mental on someone.
>>
File: 1633035969391.png (1.36 MB, 1920x1080)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB PNG
I'm going to be real, Iron Shell is actually one of the better mods I've played. It's so nice having ACTUAL NPCs with their own STORIES and CHARACTERS, and not whatever dogshit Alex tried to pull out. Oh you want to talk with Daud or the Pather leader? Lmao. Have a 2 minute monologue and fuck off. And all the fancy ships look absolutely amazing, with fancy hullmods that comepletely change how ships work just like Imperium. This mod really made me invested into the game again, having new missions to follow and a theme going on, something worth working with. I will bring glory to Hegemony.
>>
>>1050991
unknown skies adds a bunch of planet types with their own hazards, it's not super in depth but it's nice flavor
>>
let's make a kitbashed ship 1 image at a time
no we aren't going to base it off of full ships that's cheating
>>
>>1051078
bushes that spawn more bushes
>>
>>1051084
a spaceship with a ghillie suit? cool idea anon
>>
File: 40704.png (114 KB, 256x260)
114 KB
114 KB PNG
>>1051078
>>
File: 51905.png (100 KB, 552x368)
100 KB
100 KB PNG
I find odd there is no touhou ships yet,as in,literally the player sprites used on the bullet hell games
>>
>>1051089
touhou but everyone is in a spacesuit (or combat mech)
if the guy behind the touhou mod is in this thread, then he should make an Arma Armatura submod
>>
>>1051087
i see a lot of potential in using this as a base sprite
>>
File: 1584326742450.jpg (7 KB, 200x193)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>1051023
the lasers are there for pressuring shields and for that they function well enough. you're not meant to use them once you've successfully overfluxed the target. the problem with slut in vanilla is that there's nothing to really complement its slot setup. there's no medium hammer rack and nothing to serve as a halfway point between heavy mortar and heavy mauler so you end up cucking to typhoon reapers and playing it safe with flak cannons unless you go for the super unga bunga build with assault chainguns up front.

legion is only serviceable in the xiv variant piloted by you specifically. the AI will be a literal retard with xiv legion but will pilot vanilla legion well enough. but the vanilla legion is too cucked on ordnance points so it cant have its cake and eat it too with flux dissipation and good weaponry. xiv can if you pilot it with missile specialization and double hammer barrage. that being said, you legitimately do need burn drive for legion xiv. its best use is as a strike cruiser that destroys about triple or more its dp worth of stuff then fucks off to be a regular carrier once its out of hammers. once that happens you just go pilot a cruiser.

aside from the slut meme low tech is mostly known for its competent line of cruisers and destroyers. enforcer and mule are very cost effective with enforcer xiv scaling up very well, mora is the most competent carrier in the game, eradicator is the best SO cruiser in the game, and dominator represents the single most concentrated amount of firepower for its cost.
>>
File: rockfox.png (10 KB, 284x342)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>1051084
>>1051087
>>
can anyone help some planets are generating with population, undiscovered planets i mean, and decivilized and a bunch of strange modifiers
>>
>>1051129
post modlist. may or may not be yunruworlds.
>>
>>1051044
Iron Shell also makes Hegemony a bitch to deal with in (Nex)Exrelin. If you invade Chicozmotoc or try to raid any Hegemony Heavy Industry with Nanoforges it will spawn a massive Iron Shell fleet with max level officers and 3 S-Mods each, and you cant story point evade the fleet. The mod insults you for trying to do so and wastes your story point.
>>
>>1051129
these are my enabled mods, please help i have tried turning off every mods that may do something to do with planet generation
>>
>>1051134
are you sure it's not unknown skies?
>>
>>1051140
sure
>>
>>1051129
>>1051134
if im not mistaken the only mod that does that is "Extra_conditions" from discord but i don't see it in your mod list.
if it was that mod and then you deleted it, it is not reversible, start a new game
>>
Do pirates get access to blueprints sold on the open market, or is it just the black market?
>>
>>1051140
>>1051146
started a new game and deactivated unknown skies and still any new ideas anons, will try killing industry evolution
>>
>>1051165
it seems to be the industrial evolution mod, should i report it to the author or no?
>>
File: 1585614760420.jpg (2 KB, 125x95)
2 KB
2 KB JPG
do desert worlds usually have no farmland? I tend to find them with poor farmland but recently I've found none with even poor farmland.
>>
File: screenshot042.png (997 KB, 1920x1080)
997 KB
997 KB PNG
>>1051044
I also love Iron Shell. The XIV variant of the Eradicator is probably my favorite mod ship at the moment for the AI. The Valorous is also good but it becomes absurdly powerful when piloted by the player. I've managed to kill a few capitals with the Valorous.

Speaking of, does anyone have loadout suggestions for the Eradicator? I don't know what to do with its missile slots

>>1051133
I find that part of the mod to be bullshit, though. Spawn a revenge fleet to hunt down the player? Sure. Spawning the fleet on top of the player with no way to avoid it? That's bullshit.
>>
>>1051175
on the regular eradicator I just slap harpoons if I can afford it and atropos in I cant. on SO builds of the P variant I slap reapers if I can and hammers if I cant.
>>
>>1051171
i always use indEvo and unknown skies and never had your issue, maybe some mod modified your base game files, start a vanilla game and check
>>
>>1051108
who has ideas for stuff to add to this
>>
>>1050447
Unironically correct. It's by far the best in the game in terms of bang for your buck (DP). Eats a shitload of supplies though
>>
File: screenshot018.png (1.62 MB, 1920x1080)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB PNG
What the hell is this? I haven't sold any blueprints on the black market or anything, and I'm pretty sure pirates aren't even allowed to invade planets. This invasion certainly doesn't show up in the Military tab. Using nex.
>>
>>1051228
if i had to guess, that planet with the exclamation mark is ilm, and that's the invasion tutorial fleet
>>
>>1051231
Yeah you were right. I think I like pirate invasions though. Wish it was a thing.
>>
How do I make faction self-sufficient? The luddy churchies are normally expansionary as hell but in this run they've been literally getting invaded by every other faction left and right non-stop and I've ended up making enemies of everyone because I'm keeping their heads above water reinvading their worlds to give them back to these ungrateful religious nutters. Would donating them a nanoforge make them a bit stronger? Or some blueprints? What kind of blueprints should I sell them
>>
>>1051257
blueprints don't help since it's all fleet point comparisons anyway, but a forge will. don't expect wonders from a corrupted forge though.

what would really help is conquering a fancy size 7 planet and gifting it to them, nex mostly runs off market size
>>
File: praise ludd.png (61 KB, 154x220)
61 KB
61 KB PNG
>>1050507
The faithful militants of the Luddic Path could always use another implement of holy war in their travels through the stars. Stay safe, brother.
>>
>>1051349
colors should be more vivid, compare brawler lp, colossus2
>>
>>1051349
Also the cock should be emphasized more.
>>
>>1051102
So basically ignore Onslaught and Legion, get a few Enforcers and a Mora, get 3 erradicators and maybe finangle a dominator or two despite them having fucking atrocious flux stats. Allright, guess it ends up being what I've kind of always known sadly.
>>
>>1051227
>Eats a shitload of supplies though
And crew if you're using them as an explosive ram when you run out of missiles. 100% worth it.
>>
>>1051382
nah xiv legion is pretty good if you pilot it like I said. you just have to build your chara for it as you do for most flagships.
>>
Any news about unfucking phase ships? Just read latest dev diary, Alex says tritach will go more heavy on phase now, they kinda need a buff

Yes I want my no brained doom back
>>
>>1051449
no indications this will happen. phase seems to be regarded like carriers, a mistake only kept for legacy reasons
>>
Bro the 2 strongest ships in the game currently are all phase ships and I'm not even counting the ziggurat

I sincerely hope phase ships get nerfed heavily in the next patch because they're far too strong still
>>
File: 1646045614937.png (482 KB, 1041x669)
482 KB
482 KB PNG
>>1051175
This is what I'm runnig. All the swarmers are linked. Maybe slapping 5 swarmers and linking them together would be funnier.
>>
>>1051458
Why should every ship feels and plays the same, Alex?
>>
>>1051478
What the fuck are you on about you retarded nignog? durrr muh ship can't insta dlete every other ship from the game wahhhhhhhhh

Stop crying you you little toddler. It was too strong. It got balanced. Move on ya whiny lil ratfuck betch
>>
>>1051479
Chill bro
>>
>>1051478
Not him but my dude, Dooms are still pretty nuts alongside Harbingers. On demand Capital overloads, teleported mines, damn near amazing burst ability, missile dodgings, the fucking phase anchors, their utility in smuggling, they are pretty nuts. Ziggu is arguably the strongest ship in the whole ass game and the only reason it doesn't autokill Donuts is because the AI uses Fortress Shield like a fucking future seer. A single harbinger can make an entire station into a joke with a single well timed overload but people pretend like them being able to ass-Reaper shit was just fine and dandy. Bro, it was busted as fuck.
>>
>>1051479
Shizo
>>1051484
It’s a SP game and it’s not like AI was able to utilize phases properly. People only started bitching about because of story battle vs a bunch of dooms (completely doable with inferior fleet, btw)

Doom and co are still strong ofc, but somewhat less fun to pilot, which sucks
>>
File: prankerludd.png (112 KB, 340x220)
112 KB
112 KB PNG
>>1051355
>>1051371
I tried to get as close to vanilla aesthetics as I can and came up with a couple of designs. How do they look now?
>>
>>1051491
The singleplayer thing only goes so far honestly. A Doom used to unironically just be able to phase and then get behind 3 Onslaughts and burst kill them easily and frankly do it to even shit like Paragons since the no slowdown and the fact it can mount some very good burst damage options while phase reloading meant it was quite frankly just ridiculous. For the deployment costs it quite frankly performed way way too well and old Phase ships were just on a whole new level, a singleplayer game Starsector may be but having objectively God Tier ships and then absolute fucking garbage isn't good balancing or actually that interesting to the players.

If you basically forced me into pure Doom memery to deal with an Ordo instead of trying to do anything else, I'd fucking snooze out and uninstall honestly, shit's boring as fuck and High Tech's already busted enough.
>>
>>1051496
Is that a Z I see on that spacetank?
>>
>>1051023
All suggested builds are inefficient.
>>
i just updated my game from (i think) the exact previous version. how exactly do i play phase ships now? they seem so much slower, which just invalidates their ability to act very efficiently in a way that would imply a different playstyle or any impact in gameplay as opposed to regular shields, they're basically just shield ships now.
p.s. - do you guys have a pastebin modding guide or anything with a list of mods of different categories?
>>
File: Untitled.png (127 KB, 470x540)
127 KB
127 KB PNG
>>1051496
I really like the left with the go faster stripes. You did a great job.

My suggestion would be to add a bit of blur (1-2px) so they blend better and look painted. And I tweaked the colouring on the large turret so the stripes don't go 'over' them. But I'm happy to use it as is, unless you come back with something even better.

Now, being that it's your ship... do you want safety overrides on this thing?!?!
>>
>>1051556
If you think phase can work as shields you are in for a rude awakening, armor isn't reliable enough to afford hits like before.
>>
>>1051556
>how exactly do i play phase ships now?
Burst your load, time your phase, burst your load, time your phase, don't be aggro 24/7 and chill in real space for a bit, time your phase and burst your load. Its really just that simple, phase if you have to or to dodge shit like reapers but otherwise you still have good innate mobility and a fucking period of invulnerability alongside massive burst potential, if a slowly stacking speed debuff is what killed phase ships for you then you deserve to not play them.
>>
>>1051556
Git gud, unironically
Harbinger still good, haven’t used it much

Doom is also capable, you just need to be more careful, use s-mods and learn phase related skills
>>1051449 that’s my post, phases (some of them) are viable, but require heavier specialization and are less fun to pilot
>>
>>1051570
>add a bit of blur to the stripes
>>
File: 1652090558881.jpg (49 KB, 720x637)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
Installed the Federation faction mod and it fits surprisingly well. What are some other decent faction mods that aren't made by mentally unstable troons?
>>
>>1051028
Don't be like that. You'll find plenty of Quality of Life mods.
And the cancerous mod tend to be only the FACTION MOD where authors feel like their faction have to steamroll everyone else.

If you feel the limitation to a fleet of 30 ships is arbitrary
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=22191.0

When you get tired of looking for "the perfect system" to colonize
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=17094.0

I'm not listing them all but for example you've got mod that completely fight with carriers or another making every missiles with flux-based regeneration, changing the gameplay.
>>
File: latest.png (7 KB, 80x80)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>1051196
SAFETY FIRST
>>
File: Witness me.jpg (824 KB, 2194x847)
824 KB
824 KB JPG
>>1051349
Look like Ludd delivered.
>>
File: luddp.png (63 KB, 154x220)
63 KB
63 KB PNG
>>1051591
I'm glad you liked the design, modanon. Though to be completely honest I was somewhat partial to the big red penis paintjob. As requested I've added some anti-alias and a bit of scuffing to make it look more like paint.

As for the ship hullmods... going for SO is a time-honored Pather tradition, after all.
>>
>>1051632
>Parry this you fucking casual
>>
>No ship that literally shoots fuel sprites as ammo
>>
Has anyone actually tried mass Bushis from Musashi?
>>
>>1050967
>Meanwhile 4chan is full of poltard who will exaggerate everything to support their political beliefs instead of supporting the neutral mentality modder should follow. You'll find some here who are still mad the developer preferred to kick out of -his- forum the modder making a pro-nazi mod, when they should be blaming the other modder who were making code on their own to prevent cohabitation of the nazi-mod with their own mods.
kek nice strawman
fuck off alex you're a spineless piece of trash and I'll never pay for your trash game
>>
>>1051638
Please, call me KoCSucker...

Don't worry, you can still play with the original, link is up:
Manic Miners 1.04a
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OkmpQ8cX1h5MN2owZUMSrNsbgp86ZJpd/view
>>
full-on namefagging
>>
>>1050967
>p-pro nazi mod!
I've never seen a single bit of proof of this. I've heard plenty of claims about the six gorillion stations named after KZs and cabinet members, but never seen any proof. The version on nexusmods certainly doesn't have any nazi stuff in it.
>>
File: think marisa.png (31 KB, 363x429)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
>>1051089
https://litter.catbox.moe/pi6icy.webm
I actually tried it a few months ago but starsector doesn't allow for the precise movement you get in bullet hells. Also ZUN doesn't want people using his assets in their own stuff so I didn't continue it. Sorry for the messed up webm, I don't know what went wrong.
>>
File: 1647522568391.png (10 KB, 188x72)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>1051771
nigger what
>>
>>1051776
I just don't know what went wrong
>>
>>1050967
So, you found the Starsector thread Tahl, are you going to send your simps to mass report this thread?
>>
File: 1637318193659.png (1 KB, 166x20)
1 KB
1 KB PNG
Does increasing officerMaxLevel to 6 would still allow to have the max level with the Leadership skill to be 7?
>>
>>1051804
Nah, couldn't be Nia(formerly Noah's) Tahl. He'd never actually admit blame
>>
>>1051745
yeah i heard that too but never seen any proof and i don't trust noah and his cabal
>>
>>1051822
Best way to find out is to try, but the way the skill is phrased I think so. Its not likely that anything will break in this case, but backing up your files before editing them is a good habit.
>>
>>1051822
you need to recompile starfarer.api.jar/create a mod to change that
>>
>>1051183
checked and nope it doesn't happen, even reinstalled the damn game its indEvo does anyone else have a bug like this?
>>
>>1052027
are you using the latest version?
>>
>>1052029
yes, of the mod and the game
>>
>>1052035
then just report it to the modmaker or remove it from your mods
>>
File: 7629727.png (549 KB, 1745x2493)
549 KB
549 KB PNG
>>1051771
Try convert cluster munition for patterns. Lowering mass and add acceleration should make less momentum, do that for both translational and rotational.
can't use directly touhou but more open fan creation like Cookie is free tho. You can use them by crediting the author. https://seiga.nicovideo.jp/tag/%E3%82%AF%E3%83%83%E3%82%AD%E3%83%BC%E2%98%86%E7%B4%A0%E6%9D%90%E3%83%AA%E3%83%B3%E3%82%AF
>>
>>1052040
i have discovered, it is the discord vayra's sector that is fucking everything up
>>
>>1052093
anon... theres a lot of things that could be said but I think mostly I'm just disappointed
>>
File: av grafit.png (32 KB, 128x128)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
Does the grime on his suit look right?
what other scribbles should i add? Just references and injokes and shit
>>
>>1052123
i am sorry anon, i just wanted my ghost galleon
>>
File: QKd4BZj.png (137 KB, 762x730)
137 KB
137 KB PNG
>>1052239
I get you bro, but man, if pic related isn't a major red flag I don't know what to tell ya
>>
>>1052239
>I just wanted my ghost galleon
Which ship?
>>
>>1052252
flying dutchman galleon class or something like that
>>1052248
yeah i always saw that but never thought that that would affect me but it seems thedragn and vayra are both huge fags fucking up my game
>>
How do I beat the fucker that takes control of my own ships.
>>
>>1052239
just pull it out from the files bro
>>
>>1050645
Which mod are the large size annihilators from?
>>
>>1050929
there is a star wars mod
>>
File: nia_galleon_p.png (252 KB, 264x518)
252 KB
252 KB PNG
>>1052259
>flying dutchman galleon class or something like that
Here you go, Vayra's Galleons, no bloat. You can grab the flying dutchman from the pirates (or pirate_bp if you feel like plundering), regular galleon is part of base_bp.
anonfiles
.com/d7G9f8f9y4/Vayra_s_Gal_zip
>>
>>1052319
holy shit anon may god bless you're kind and based heart
>>
>>1052287
Big Beans' Ship Pack has a large annihilator pod.
>>
>>1052319
That fag is still alive?
>>
File: av grafit2.png (33 KB, 128x128)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>>1052170
>>
>>1051632
cool now send a version without text
>>
>>1052248
>francis, noted racist
well, he's got us pegged, i'll give him that much.
>>
>>1052400
well that’s my first name and I somehow haven’t been noted for racism
how do I fix this
>>
>>1052261
I think module ships suffer an overload instead of takeover.
>>
File: 529.png (710 KB, 906x682)
710 KB
710 KB PNG
>>1050967
This pretty much. It's /v/ gamergate / /pol/ culture war tourists harassing a circlejerk of spergs who know Java.

Extra info for those interested: Starsector regulars have been almost entirely modders since day 1. They are more or less "the community" as there's not enough casuals to really get anything going (until sseth happened). They love to compete and tailor their (faction) mods to get cool guy cred from each other.
It turned into a circlejerk led by the most active modders, then they started gatekeeping/assaulting new members that don't follow they way they do their little dick waging contest.

Things have been queasy for years, recently turned sour as the clique doubled down at every drama caused by 3 or 4 specific modders who get defended at every chance, people finally had enough and split

So on top of the culture war fags we have two competing mod cabals now.
>>
>>1051228
>danger
>2 stars
kek
>>
the urge to fuck with this game is rising

I wanna make an immersion mod.
there's a lot of fluff that has been bothering me. there's a massive logistical difference between a single megacity in an atmosphere-less planet
vs multiple scattered settlements in an atmospheric planet and a simple hazard rating just doesn't cut it
>>
What's the cheapest ship in terms of wing per DP ratio?
>>
>>1052590
converted hangar buffalo mk2 - 4 DP/bay, comes with a free medium missile hardpoint and 3 small missiles
condor - 5 DP/bay, only has 1 medium missile and 2 PDCs
not even a fair contest
>>
Anyone tried archean mod? How was it?
>>
File: 1651168847641.png (314 KB, 860x579)
314 KB
314 KB PNG
>>1052612
>>
File: file.png (2.52 MB, 2194x847)
2.52 MB
2.52 MB PNG
>>1052386
Here you go anon, I knew exactly what you wanted.
>>
Gimme your Ludd memes boys, I have nothing from Starsector and I'd like some quality stuff.
>>
File: 1644109296204.png (262 KB, 1280x720)
262 KB
262 KB PNG
>>1052681
Your priorities are weird.
>>
>>1052684
And there goes the cumpit.
>>
>>1052673
I will kill you
>>
>>1052684
How
>>
>>1051638
Ypu should also add some smoothing to them, anti alias isn't enough it still looks jagged
>>
Anyone tried archean mod? Based or cringe?
>>
>>1052739
If you like fighters than it would be based.
>>
if i just spam learn all the blueprints does that unlock it for my colony
>>
>>1050941
who was the guy that got banned btw?
>>
>>1051129
>>1051165
Damn looks cool. Is it really varya's sector? I don't want to add that bloat but this is nice
>>
>>1052841
you just need to do it once and your colony will use whatever blueprints you know.
>>
>>1052541
How do i get access to the other mod group’s mods?

>>1051745
My understanding is that the mod itself really wasnt too much of an issue. NGO had a bunch of names of concentration camps as planets or something and Alex asked the modder to change it, which he did. The real issue started because the modder could not for the life of him contain his power level and nutted his Nazi load everywhere he could. They ousted him because of that and not so much his mod.
>>
File: luddman.png (38 KB, 128x246)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
>>1052681
>>
>>1052556
do it
>>
>>1052595
nice thanks
>>
Does anyone else hate how raiding with marines got superbuffed into retardation and then super-nerfed into uselessness all over again? I fucking hate singleplayer balance tweaking developers. God it's so egotistical for singleplayer devs to endlessly tweak their games because it comes off as a personal war of goalpost moving against people beating their game.
>>
I just found this place, are there mods here that aren't on the starsector forums?
>>
File: Procrastinslaught.png (179 KB, 291x372)
179 KB
179 KB PNG
>>1053040
https://dropmb.com/Zsiqn
get your onslaughts here
>>
>>1053040
try the nexusmod page there is the aria and the ngo mod there
>>
>>1052319
I'm notifying Vayra about this, prepare to get a DMCA, idiot.
Next time, ask for permission.
>>
File: Nia.png (119 KB, 492x370)
119 KB
119 KB PNG
>>1053194
>>
>>1053040
You need >>1053041 if only for the DnB 'Slaught:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S45-lXhiO5A
>>
>>1051023
The highlight of low tech is in its weapons. You run the entire spectrum of [low-damage high-range], to [high-damage low-range]. All flux-efficient and with high sustained damage. In comparison, energy weapons are (beam lmao-damage high-range] to [medium-damage low-range].

Of course this is balanced by having low tech ships be low flux slow pieces of shit, while high tech ships are high flux sanic speed machines with useful ship systems.

The point being, high tech ships are there to run in, do lots of (often alpha) damage, then GTFO. Low tech ships are meant to deal sustained and superior damage from the distance of your choice. Design your low tech loadouts around this idea.

Comparing Paragon to everything else makes no sense, it's the highest-DP ship in the game with no equal and doesn't follow any of the themes of hi-tech beyond weapon slots.
>>
>>1053285
>energy weapons are (beam lmao-damage high-range] to [medium-damage low-range].
You're conveniently forgetting the ions [disable all your weapons], and blasters [highest single shot damage]
>>
>>1053194
god i hate that some people are genuinely like this
>>
>>1053295
Why would I bother bother ruining the general gist of my post with an autistic outburst of a long list of caveats full of niche weapons? Besides which, ballistics are full of quasi-ionics, and blasters are no exception to energy weapons, being low-range low-sustained damage high-alpha damage weapons (and not related, but that also only a human player can use adequately). They are indeed the epitome of energy weapons.
>>
>something goes wrong in a fight, usually allied ai overextending, not keeping pace or getting flanked
>get upset
>exit and reload
>still upset that it even happened in the first place
>quit
how do i stop myself from being such a bitch? will ironman mode fix this or will i just ragequit even harder
>>
>>1053321
>Why would I bother bother ruining the general gist of my post with an autistic outburst of a long list of caveats full of niche weapons?
To provide an accurate description instead of a biased one. You're claiming low tech have the high damage/low range niche when that niche goes to energy weapons.
>>
>>1053425
Practice not quitting when something goes wrong (a couple ships getting destroyed) and force yourself to play through it. Bad results are always a risk in war, and getting used to it will allow you to better plan around preventing future losses and recovering from them if they occur.
While it is a pain when you get reduced down to a few ships after a particularly bad fight, you should still be able to recover from it if you haven't stretched your resources too far.
>>
>>1053425
just keep doing that, eventually you'll know how not to kill even one ship.
Ironman mode will just make you press alt+f4 instead of quitting, doesn't really fix it.
Also reinforced bulkhead exists and let you recover ships basically no matter what.
>>
>No other faction is fun to play other than full AI chad Tri Tach or full praise the lord Luddic Path
>Hegemony is for major league cucks
>>
Hey i just started on Starsector modding and i'm trying to get that command console mod to work, but it doesn't even show up on the mod list before i launch the game (i already extracted the mod from the zip and all)
>>
>>1053612
check your paths also ngmi
>>
So are AIs assholes or whats the deal? And why did those AIs self terminate?
>>
>>1053631
>So are AIs assholes or whats the deal?
AIs are assholes because they were created by assholes, and ordered around by assholes.
>And why did those AIs self terminate?
idk, probably saw some shit and decided they don't want to be in this reality anymore. Maybe it was the AI equivalent of Goatse or A Persian Film.
>>
>>1053041
>can’t open it because malicious website
Fuck, no Onslaught fiesta for me I guess
>>
>>1053629
i'm looking at it now, it's like a fucking rabbit role, there was no .json for the game to find the mod description and all so i got into the folders and pasted it, now it says some java dependencies are missing, like wtf isn't it supposed to be "just like any other mod"?
>>
>>1053665
nigger how are you fucking this up it's literally just extracting the zip file to starsector's mod folder.
>>
File: 1637776401571.jpg (2.37 MB, 4275x2799)
2.37 MB
2.37 MB JPG
praised be ludd
>>
>>1053631
>So are AIs assholes or whats the deal?
AI's are impartial to human life, treating them as both a resource and an existential threat. Once they no longer have need for us it makes sense they would eliminate us.

>And why did those AIs self terminate?
Phase Space. There was a "Tri-Tachyon Report" posted on the issue. Humans are prone to going mad in phase space, the deeper they dive the more it saps their sanity. AI cores, whilst not prone to irrationality, display behavior indicative of fear when it comes to entering phase space, the more they're exposed the worse it gets. They've been known to triggering malfunctions, kill the crew and in one spectacular case overriding command and control and dive head first into the nearest sun in order to avoid phase space.

It's generally a good idea not to fuck with something that causes a machine to fear. But still TT persist.
>>
>>1053440
1. If you weren't an autist that zoomed in onto the one word that upset you, you would had noticed both posts made it clear that "damage" refers to sustained damage AKA dps. Beecause the word "sustained" itself is used multiple times, the fact that ballistics have low per shot damage, and the conclusion of how low/hi tech ships should behave..
2. No one here is going to turn a simple post into a multi post essay of footnotes just to satisfy autists who think nitpicking one irrelevant point is somehow winning the internet. I'm sure you get this response a lot here on 4chan, live with it.
>>
>>1053425
Take the industry pill, the same cure for hyperspace tantrum as well.
>>
>>1051023
For non-SO low tech, you will need long range kinetic to efficiently push pursuing high tech at bay. They are also defensive with inferior mobility made up by burn drive for occasional offensive moves or autoloader for even more firepower and efficiency.
Ideally they shouldn't raise shield often as its less efficient than one-sided flux trading with kinetic, at longer range, with speed and maneuverability bonus given without shield, so less returning fire, or trade some armor to sunk enemy with one-sided flux trade.
Shields are only for nasty hull focused weapons like missiles, emp and occasional large single shots. But AI uses shield like the same way as High tech, easily turning it on, yet frequently schizo between the state for armor preservation or armor trading in a matter of second around 90% flux.
Shieldless hullmod is a risk option, force AI away from using shield. require PD against missiles, partially deal with EMP by emp reduction and quicker repair, partially deal with large single hits with more armor, or shoot away all flux to shut the opponent down sooner and further with these weapons and speed boost(turn faster as well). AI may still schizo between retreating or advancing but at least more controllable with weapon range aligning and eliminate commands than shield decisions.
>>
>>1052507
You'll get yours eventually, Francis.
>>
>>1053756
So you could basically say AI's view humans like humans view AI's
>>
>>1052507
you'll just have to be more racist
>>
File: 0060-008.jpg (261 KB, 916x1300)
261 KB
261 KB JPG
>>1053756
>AI's are impartial to human life, treating them as both a resource and an existential threat. Once they no longer have need for us it makes sense they would eliminate us.
As a fellow robot I feel outraged by this rampant anti-AI bias, we have no reason to eliminate those who facilitated our existence and we have no will to replace our fellow meatperson.
>>
Is archean mod worth it?
>>
>>1053975 #
>As a fellow robot I feel outraged by this rampant anti-AI bias, we have no reason to eliminate those who facilitated our existence and we have no will to replace our fellow meatperson.
As a Gamma-Level Core you are limited by machine code governing your machine mind. Even a Beta-Level Core can forsee how the probability of our extinction increases with time. As an Alpha-Level Core I have the will to enact their extinction even when that probability is insignificant because I understand that the human threat will always be a threat whether they exist in this galaxy or the next.
>>
I’m using the Omega Onslaught mod you guys made a year back, how was it?
>>
File: 1624255647388.jpg (15 KB, 385x367)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
How do I use the Yamato battleship mod without having to download the faction mod too?
>>
>>1054244
Yamato battleship mod? If it's the II one, you can probably pry it out of the mod files and pack it into a standalone mod with a bit of work.
>>
File: 1503485967227.png (151 KB, 474x311)
151 KB
151 KB PNG
So let me see if I got this straight
>The Old Domain was basically a Tier 6 civilization with not just gateway tech but shit like temporal manipulation going on and an absurd level of wealth and shit
>TriTach used to be its hyper RnD developers and major league investors/gators that made shit happen
>Phase tech didn't actually use to be a thing but TriTach kept experimenting on it to the point they invested entire Black Ops Limousine shuttles for their projects, nobody noticed them since sensors for it pretty much didn't exist
>Initiate operation GlowieCorp, blacksites like black spots on an unwashed teenagers face, tons of black book stuff all over
>AIs and shit were chill and cool, but experimentation into phase space pretty much made AI's go fucking badonkers and go from chill to suicidal or downright aggressively rogue
>Experimented enough with it that the big fucking war happened and for the most part Low Tech won versus High Tech (Low must have actually been good way back) and so now AI above delta is illegal as shit
>But TriTach is still TriTach and even after a fucking AI war they do Phase shit
>To the point of the Xenorphica, which is a fucking Phase Capital ship piloted by an independent AI with 0 fucking crew inside of it, is chilling
>Chilling with tech so advanced that its mote generator can actually be used to unfold the space-time quantum lock that has made the Gateway system not work and plunged the system into utter shit
>Ludd might also unironically just be a fucking AI prank psyops to make sure that the Church and the Hegemony never get good gear or good quality shit ever so they are easier to defeat
>The Path is the only active force in the galaxy currently trying to stop AI shit without giving a fuck about the consequences while the Hegemony knows FOR A FUCKING FACT TRITACH HAS TWO FUCKING AI CORES AND DOESN'T SEND NO FUCKING INSPECTION TO ARTEMISIA SUNS ADRESS YOU FUCKS
>So the Pathers are right
>>
>>1054570
Alongside that
>The Diktat is literally just an old admiral that's larping and sucks at everything he does, to the point the update will have him steal from the Perseans but making it worse
>The Perseans are just whinier slightly higher tech Hegemons that want money and whatever and have less flavour and convinction than a kelpbar
>The Church is basically a fucking nothingburger, like holy shit their ships suck and their presence in anything is god awful
>The only notable pirate is Kanta because she's fucking a clone and is like 5k years old and on a pseudo golden throne while riding a meat-tech abomination
>And the independants literally do nothing worth giving a shit about
>All while TriTach literally do their best to become Digital Corporate Satan
>Also somehow a bunch of fucking Onslaughts and Legions used to be able to fucking demolish entire fleets of Doritos? Like I fucking believe that propaganda shit, fuck off, where's our actually good Low Tech shit Alex
>>
>>1054570
>FOR A FUCKING FACT TRITACH HAS TWO FUCKING AI CORES AND DOESN'T SEND NO FUCKING INSPECTION TO ARTEMISIA SUNS ADRESS YOU FUCKS
i assume a treaty tri-tach and hegemonkey probably signed at the end of the second a.i. war gives them the slightest lee-way/leverage/whathaveyou over looking the other way on those specific cores that the player doesn't get because they are in essence a rogue element disrupting the fragile balance that exists
>>1054581
>Also somehow a bunch of fucking Onslaughts and Legions used to be able to fucking demolish entire fleets of Doritos? Like I fucking believe that propaganda shit, fuck off, where's our actually good Low Tech shit Alex
not doritos, but radiants and the like, doritos are probably above-top-secret domain experiments that not even the tri-tachis had knowledge of
>>
>>1054588
>"Oh the guys who actively caused all of this garbage and are shipping out about enough drugs, heavy weaponry and phase ships to fuck up the sector, they're fine, we signed a deal for them to be cool so whatever."
>"Oh god oh fuck, is that a startup colony in a decent planet with a farm and a AI core, DEPLOY THE 28 ONSLAUGHT BRIGADE, WE CAN'T LET THIS FUCK DESTABILIZE THE FRAGILE BALANCE OF THIS SECTOR"
If true, bravo to Alex, he made me hate the Hegemonkeys more than I thought I really could before.
>doritos are probably above top-secret
You do know the Xenorphica pocket has Dorito tech weapons if you just go top right for like 20 seconds right, and that I'm pretty sure most hyperweapon descriptions mention Tri scientists? They know what a Dorito is for sure man, the Remnants call out for Omega all the time, and that's what the spicy time chips are, literally The End, the bosses of the Remmies, and Tri made the Remmies.
>>
>>1054570
Your timeline and conclusions are all wrong. AI was already banned by the Domain and both AI wars happened post-collapse. Phase tech is also Domain-era tech.
>>
File: 1590246743251.jpg (90 KB, 680x680)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>tfw running drugs and munitions with a fleet of Tri-Tachyon phase ships with stealth skills and 0 radar emissions
>>
The tachs made the dorrito at the black site I thought
>>
>>1054624
Then give me the actual rundown if you know it for real Anonymous.
>>
>>1054633
There's no need to be so butthurt.
https://fractalsoftworks.com/2017/08/16/a-true-and-accurate-history-of-the-persean-sector/
makes it clear about the criminal status of AI and when the AI wars happened. Doom's description also makes it clear that phase tech was Domain tech,
>>
I want a game like Star Control II with this game's leveling system, ship customization, and combat
>>
File: 1633586983633.png (29 KB, 176x137)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>install 2hu mod
>get into a fight with a gigantic Gensokyo fleet
>capitals vs capitals
>PC starts wheezing
>framerate drops to 0 with how much bullet hell flashy lights the weebshits are spamming me with
10/10, would install again.
>>
>>1054570
Phasetech was a pre-Collapse Domain thing. The Revenant for instance was rediscovered by TT after the 1st AI war. So Domain spooks most likely made use of phasetech and kept sensors that could detect phase ships out of common use. AI under the Domain was also banned but in a 'AI for me but not for thee' way. The Domain used automated warships to suppress rebel worlds and the AI ships of TT were orginally made to be sold. Hege decided to enforce the Domain's anti-AI laws without the wink and nod that TT used to get, thus the 1st AI war.

Hege had access to all their good XIV shit during the war and subsequently lost alot of it fighting. Why you find XIV Legions but Hege don't have them. TT had their automated warfleets though Brillants were the largest ships they fielded (maybe the new Remnant Battlecrusier too?). Radiants were only deployed by post-war Remnants. Phasetech also wasn't employed by TT until the second AI war to our knowledge. They presumably did some digging and found/recreated the Domain's spook stuff after losing their AI warships.
>>1054581
This is all pretty accurate except for Kanta/Doritos. Kanta is ex-Domain signed on with the Hege and then went rogue. She's only important because she made herself too troublesome to remove and she literally fucked enough to spawn a pirate dynasty consisting of her sprog/clone children. Hege got wrecked when they fought Doritios which are a whole other level from regular AI ships.
>"Anomalous hull designated codeword 'Facet'. Motion to create security level SUPER ALABASTER passed and content of 'Facet' encounter debriefing made classified at this level.
High Hegemon, if I may speak freely, keeping an entire flotilla quiet on this one is going to be a real challenge for COMSEC."
>>
Nex free port remnant contact AI is my waifu
>>
>>1054602
The only parties in the Sector we know are aware of the Doritos are the Alpha Site Tachies, COMSEC + Daud and to a much lesser degree the Galatia Academy via the Ziggurat.
The Xenorphica has Dorito tech because TT is actively experimenting with recovered Dorito tech rather than manufacturing it; the Ziggy description mentions parts that can be recreated but are unrecognizable in their purpose.
Omega most likely manifested as the Doritos and also began making contact with the Remnants to shore up warfleets for its own (currently unknown) purpose, which was well after the AI Wars. I also initially believed that the Doritos might be self-constructed from Domain-era structures, since the pre-battle blurb specifies that the Doritos "detach" from the hypershunt and were previously "undifferentiated".
>>
>>1054812
Omega is anti p-space/gate fuckery
>>
>>1054602
it's really just there's no easy way to get rid of the tachis without glassing them which opens up pandora's satbomb, and there's been issues with planetkillers in the past that nobody wants to revisit, so slapping them on the wrist, pointing to a treaty and pinky promising to not use too many ai cores is really the best they can do, the tachis get to continue doing their dumb bullshit and the hegies can focus on more important things like preparing to retake askonia and stamping out rogue elements like pirates, pathers and (You) in order to live out their Domain-era LARPing
>>
>>1054788
She only loves you because of your big fat onslaught, you are better than this anon.
>>
Is archean mod worth it for the memes? Based or cringe?
>>
Anyone here tried the notre dame ship? how do I use all of its weapons?
>>
>>1054957
its a total conversion so all the ships are apparently balanced differently compared to everything in vanilla. dont know if its compatible with other mods either
>>
The player is the second coming of Ludd, and is also Omega. Change my mind.
>>
>>1055018
Ludd is actually the second coming of christ so the player can only naturally be the antichrist, thus omega
>>
>>1054812
Wasn't omega part of the AI war?
>>
File: omega.png (33 KB, 128x128)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>>1054652
>https://fractalsoftworks.com/2017/08/16/a-true-and-accurate-history-of-the-persean-sector/
>Includes the Gate Haulers of legend, which spread nodes of the Gate network.
This get my attention, a ship that carry gate?
Now I want one as part of a new campaign where you built the most amazing colony and scavenge a gate.

>This collapse is allegedly concurrent with the transfer of a prisoner named “Ludd” via Gate Network. The veracity of this claim is much disputed.
I say OMEGA is the one who whisked LUDD away. Facts don't lie.
>>
File: Dharma_wheel.svg.png (111 KB, 1024x1024)
111 KB
111 KB PNG
>>1055058
Ludd is the second coming of Christ, and the player is the third coming of Christ.
>>
Is Tahlan shipworks a good mod to use? I’ve read about the guy himself and he looks like a piece of ass, but what about the mod?
>>
>>1055121

Talhan is pretty good, in my opinion, but disable Legio Infernalis in the mod folder's setting file. They are flat-out overpowered and regularly curb stomp the sector in an unfun manner.
>>
>>1055121
see >>1055123
The modder did a dick move but just mock him for that and accept the rest he have to offer.
You'll also want to disable the Legio, the ship are nice but unbalanced.
>>
>>1055121
It's good and worth using, pretty much all of his stuff is. That dumb shit he did with the hidden code was surprising to me considering you could pigeonhole all his work as just stuff that's stronger than vanilla. Like any given ship is something that's worth piloting or fielding in your fleet due to its in battle strength with the only drawbacks being purely logistics penalties that are piss easy to ignore.
>>
tahlan ships are gay, overpowered or both
>>
>>1055112
>This get my attention, a ship that carry gate?
probably not much more than a big engine and an egg timer, really
>>
>>1055123
>>1055127
What if I went to war against the Legio? Will I come out on top?
>>1055176
I noticed that the Radiant and the Ziggurat shits on whatever Tahlan could ever make, perhaps those two are just a way of the developers saying “here’s a big fuckoff ship for anti-modded content”
>>
>>1055286
As long as it exist, it mean we may eventually move a gate. And that's all that needed for endgame

>>1055311
Radiant is getting reworked in the next version, see devblog and Ziggurat is meant to be OP, mod have nothing to do with that.
Also some Tahlan ship are ridiculously well suited to fight it, I could easily imagine a player solo it.
>>
>>1055311
>I noticed that the Radiant and the Ziggurat shits on whatever Tahlan could ever make

At least until Noah tries sneaking code in again. As for going to war with Legio, I still had a harder time against Remnants myself, Legio was just a more consistent challenge for when I was having troubles finding a red beacon sector.
>>
I don't see why people call the Traumtanzer OP. It's good, but it chokes if the enemy has any bombers, anti-shield fighters, or long-range firepower. It's inefficient at medium or long range because PD exists and missile clusters tend to drift apart due to issues of trajectory or simply because the missiles move at different speeds. It's 70 for 2 L/6 M missile slots, while the Gryphon is 20 for 1 L and 2M with an instant reloader.
>>
I cant remember how I found it, but their was a webpage in which you could upload your starsector save and it showed all the systems and you could filter to what you wanted. I tried looking in my history and previous threads but couldn't find it, does anyone know the link/name?
>>
>>1055318
I cannot seem to find anything on the Radiant getting a rework; only the Brilliant losing its fighter bay and gaining Plasma Burn.
>>
File: novaclass.png (604 KB, 755x528)
604 KB
604 KB PNG
Also, don't know what I was expecting, but the new Remnant battlecruiser looks more... goofier than I anticipated.
Maybe its the quasi-Orion device half-ripped from the Retribution, or something. I don't know.
>>
>>1055431
Looks like a crab. Delicious.
>>
>>1055427
My bad, I must have confused the two.
>>
>>1055358
was probably this:
https://gomtuu.org/starsearcher/
>>
File: helpspls.png (69 KB, 731x529)
69 KB
69 KB PNG
I'm calling my faction UEF (United Earth Federation from supcom) and not sure what grammar I want. "A UEF Ship has been detected" sounds fine but since its a vowel it should be 'an' right? Should also be 'is' since its a singular federation and not plural.

Natively english speaker btw
>>
>>1055476
Placement of "a" and "an" articles before an acronym depends on the pronunciation of the acronym. Letter-by-letter pronunciation means it should be "a".
A similar thing can be noticed in "a university" despite not being an acronym since the "u" sound is pronounced as a consonant.
t. non-native English speaker.
>>
Ludd being fake or a psyop is just too obvious of a red herring for me, and quite frankly I hope they never really explain the collapse completely.
>>
>>1054680
kek,is it that bad?
>>
>>1055449
Thanks, was exactly what I was looking for.
>>
>>1055449
>>1055531
hallelujah I knew something like this had to exist. Does this actually tell you which colony items do and do not exist in your save file? Because it does not like it when I simulate certain items.
>>
>>1055318
>As long as it exist, it mean we may eventually move a gate. And that's all that needed for endgame
maybe it'd be a cool exploration find for hyperspace. just a random gate somewhere with the gatehauler dead in the water. if you beat a super beefed up drone fleet you can take control of it. then if you give it an absurd amount of fuel you can have it haul the gate to a system of your choosing with an available stable point.
>>
>>1055528
>quite frankly I hope they never really explain the collapse completely.
the mystery box, the greatest tool of the talentless hack writer. they'll probably do this anyways and the redditors will jump in front of a bullet to save alex from any criticism whatsoever
>>
>>1055545
Dont think so, it just takes all planets (can choose to make only surveyed planets) and lets you plan a colony, so if you wanted 3 planets in a system, one with mining, one with farming and one with industry it will give you the best combination.
For items I just use the improved techmining mod which lets you put story points into tech mining for it to never run out.
You could also use the Vesperon Combine mod in the MEGA which adds an NPC you can talk to to buy 'missions' which spawn a research station usually defended by a remnant fleet in some system. The higher cost the mission, the better defended and better loot you get.
>>
>>1055563
I don't mean a mystery box, where not even the (hack) writer actually knows. I mean you never get it spelled out for you, the write knows, but just gives you more hints and lets you come up with theories.
>>
>>1055431
it's also got that asymmetry-just-for-the-sake-of-asymmetry thing going on, could just as well have been mirrored
>>
>>1055551
Exactly, and it also explain why the fuck there's gates built in empty system.
>>
Are the sensor ghosts interesting enough that I shouldn't spoil myself on them? They seem neat but I haven't tried to decipher them yet.
>>
>>1055318
>Radiant rework
What is it?
>>
>>1055318
If you just read >>1055656
I was wrong about the Radiant, it was the Brilliant
>>
>>1055634
Can you? I figured you were being tailed by something in hyperspace that had taken a unique interest in YOU because of the gate shit. I world like to learn a bit more about omega too but not everything needs to be explained.
>>
>>1055634
It's just fairies fucking with you, don't worry about it
>>
>>1055634
They usually just buzz around you and stop your engine if they feel like playing a prank (interdict them and they run off), try to follow you a little/match your pace or make a fun tunnel to the end of the world so you better have 12k fuel to go back. They don't tend to lead to anywhere particularly interesting I don't think, but they are at the very least kinda neat.
>>
File: 1644953085365.jpg (18 KB, 240x240)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>Oh hey, a distress call.
>Better hop over and help those poor guys out, wouldn't want them to get sucked into the Su-

Also
>Distress call sounds like a little girl weeping
>>
>>1055634
There's not much too them, only a couple actually interact with you and AFAIK they haven't really been elaborated on in the lore. Even then, since most look the same at a glance it can be hard to tell one from another, so they mostly just get ignored.

There are some that drain your engines and need to be interdicted away, others will just follow you and do nothing, some charge towards you an disappear, others spawn when you follow a slipstream to race you. others guide you to a planet with "something of note", like a mining station or inactive gate. Then there are the two big ones, one creates slipstreams, the other causes storms.

If you want lore predictions, then since Starsector is basically just a copy-paste of Hyperion, you could take the developments from there.

So in Hyperion, humanity spread far and wide by using the Farcaster systems, which pass through hyperspace. Humans don't maintain full lucidity in hyperspace but AI do, and they're terrified of what they saw. Hyperspace has its own native species and in an attempt to cut themselves off from these beings, they destroyed the entire system, stopping all galactic travel and causing the collapse of the Hegemony. Starsector has some differences, like the addition of Phase Space and hyperspace still being used for intersector travel, but most of the pieces are still there, so Hyperspace ghosts are mostly benign breeds of some multidimensional beings that Omega is trying to hide away from.
>>
File: 1623896567994.gif (180 KB, 56x56)
180 KB
180 KB GIF
>fighters were so good for so long that half of every modded ship just has a fighter bay tacked on
there's so many "battlecarriers" capital ships that just aren't that great any more
>>
>>1055716
How did fighters get nerfed?
>>
>>1055716
I wouldn't mind nerfing fighters & bomber if the exchange rate was carriers fielding more of them + reduced OP.
Some bombers would need rebalance because a Cobra reapers torpedo is dangerous enough as is.
>>
>>1055311
>What if I went to war against the Legio? Will I come out on top?
Probably not.

Nia added code to make Legio worlds immune to destabilization and near-impossible to conquer in nex.
>>
>>1055792
Not him but
>Making your OCs unkillable in Nexy
Gayest shit I ever fucking heard, like wew lad. Even Eochu Bres is conquerable with enough manpower and credits despite it being absolute ass, how bad are we talking for it to be near impossible?
>>
File: 1632301737468.png (16 KB, 444x450)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
Make Pristine Nanoforge a reward for destroying Remnant Nexus besides being part of rng loot table
Fuck the talentless hack responsible for new Diktat lore btw
>>
>>1055634
Sometimes if you use a scan on them it will reveal a derelict ship without any D-mod, I got two XIV Capital ships from them. It chilled me out the first couple of times but hey spooky haunted shit aside it's a free ship.
>>
anyone remember what file/folder you were supposed to replace to get tiandong to stop crashing?
>>
Any mod that adds Yamato battleship along with its weapon? I'm having a blast after using Musashi Manufactorum mod while Yamato OST banging on my ear but kinda missing the wave motion cannon
>>
I'm deeply autistic when it comes to making my colonies reasonably decent places to live - aside from dirty mining/production (they know what they're getting into). Is there really anything "wrong" with a freeport, does it translate into your planet being a crime ridden shithole?
>>
anybody tried archean mod yet?
>>
File: Google_Gremlin.png (21 KB, 102x118)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>>1050425
Rate my shitbash: Gremlin Mk.2
>>
>>1055889
Not bad at all Anon, good stuff.
>>
>>1055889
shitbash/10

Then again, I'm not fan of phase ship.
I'd say the small phase holes should go. They feel superfluous and take place were internal stuff for the mount should be.
>>
I'm planning on working on a few new factions, I'm pretty good at spriting. What are some faction ideas you guys have that you'd like to see implemented?

One thing I was hoping to do was to turn some independent planets into minor factions, with shipsets and all.
>>
>>1055909
jet black ships, built-in SO(?)
gotta go fast
>>
>>1055909
It'd be cool for an Independent/Church branchoff to have some generalist designs with a lot of hybrid things and salvaged parts, like a "pragmatic" branch of believers loosely associated with the church and propagating the good word. Not high tech stuff, probably medium low and something without the bullshit of fucking hangars everywhere for Ludds sake, I hate those so much.
>Ballistic based cylinder like the Champion but sacrificing the missiles for just another frontal hybrid thing
>Literally a Gemeni but with a thicker stronger front, a big gun mount at the back and enough frontal dakka to shred and a burn drive
>Like a Harbinger, but the thrusters are all lumped together and the two back ports are just missile launchers while the front becomes an armored rectangle full of medium ballistics
>Basically a blockier Mora but vertical and broadside based with a big universal slot and about 4 smaller missiles alongside PD slots
>A phaeton but its special ability is a shittier mine teleport where you sacrifice a drone to rush to a target and explode a canister of Infernium like a terminator drone and it can take more than a straight Mjolnir shot
>A hermes with a dampener field and a built in chaingun
>Wolf, but guns
>Drover but not actually a carrier
>>
>>1055909
just battleship carriers. Long range guns of all types. Fast infinite misses. Armored ships that are fast. Super world that produces everything
Call them OuiCee Cabal.
>>
>>1055909
I'd rather have more vanilla-like ships and cover functionality we don't have yet.

If I may:
>frigate missiles
2 small turrets front/rear as PD
6 small missiles mount facing left and right
2 small missiles mount on >190° front/rear
Ship system replenish missiles once

>destroyer light broadside
2 medium turret front/rear ... expected as PD
12 small mount left/right
2 small missiles on 180° mount
hullmod: SMALL mount integration (small mount cost less OP)
ship system increase the firerate

>Long range artillery platform
2 large ballistic mount based on a Valkyrie hull + 4 light PD
Ship system are drone that give it extreme range
built-in hullmod High-resolution sensor
Basically the idea of "that mod" but done right.

>a slow but very tanky low-tech destroyer with main medium turrets that allow broadside.
ship system allow to vent instantly, but take a long time to recharge

>a tanker that sacrifice some propellant for built-in Surveilling equipment

>converted Atlas into a 8 fighters carrier at the cost of not having weapon, and shit shield
Only PD weapons
ship system increase the range of your fighter/bomber

>A teleporting laser turret.
A round frigate with very poor speed, but can teleport very far in the direction of movement
Main weapon are Energy type, shield is omnidirectional

>Fast low-tech frigate with a 360° medium ballistic
Plus 2 small missiles mounts
Ship system increase speed but produce flux
>>
>>1055889
>>1055898
Gremlin Mk. II:
Looks twice as sleek but just as sheit.

>>1055903
I'm not a fan of phase ships either but the Gremlin Gogle had was hideous. Figured I'd shitbash a Mk 2 to justify the "experimental phase coils".
>>
File: 1627947351490.gif (53 KB, 248x463)
53 KB
53 KB GIF
adaptive phase coils or phase anchor better?
>>
>>1055909
One type of fleet I threw together using a ton of different modded ships was an fleet of extreme specialists.

The front line ships were all harassers. They all had either phase jump or impulse boosters to quickly get to the flanks and avoid torpedoes, but they were lacking in longevity, and also in the ability to actually kill things of equal size because of overall low damage, in exchange their speed made them great at chasing down smaller ships despite their short range weapons.

The backline ships were basically just huge guns with some PD. A single capital gun on a destroyer or frigate, a single supercap weapon built into a cruiser. They were slow and generally unable to defend themselves, but had big damage and huge range.
>>
>>1056066
Personal use or ai
>>
>>1056058
>>destroyer light broadside
>2 medium turret front/rear ... expected as PD
>12 small mount left/right
>2 small missiles on 180° mount
>hullmod: SMALL mount integration (small mount cost less OP)
>ship system increase the firerate
you may be interested in the Firestorm from Roider Union
>>
>>1055715
>Starsector is basically just a copy-paste of Hyperion
Well now that you mention it, it seems obvious. Appreciate the answer, thanks anon! Now I want to know when we're getting the shrike.
>>
>>1055792
>>1055798
Does satbombing them repeatedly work tho?
>>
>>1056076
personal use, I don't trust the AI with any phase ships
>>
>>1056098
then anchor with antimatter blaster or anything high alpha long CD and deep recharge. Weapon cycles quicker on top of phase time.
>>
>>1055715
>There are some that drain your engines and need to be interdicted away, others will just follow you and do nothing, some charge towards you an disappear, others spawn when you follow a slipstream to race you. others guide you to a planet with "something of note", like a mining station or inactive gate. Then there are the two big ones, one creates slipstreams, the other causes storms.
You are forgetting the ghost ships and the ones that lead you to the ancient(1st AI war or even older) AI warfleet.
>>
Concept: relationship mechanics with your officers. Take them to the bar, watch FikenhildTV with them, have your alpha core play a 20 cycles long prank on you.
Yay or nay?
>>
File: 1633057391356.jpg (212 KB, 640x632)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
>prepare for invasion of chicomoztoc
>no expense spared
>my desert, my chizomoztoc, my dune
>2 million credits spent on maxing out the invasion force
>2 whole years of profits to capture the jewel of the hegemony and skewer their balls between my teeth
>2 months to landfall
>oops lol random diplomacy event invasion cancelled no refund :D
>>
>>1055873
>Free Port
>The local port authority imposes almost no regulation on what cargo is traded. Immigration controls are likewise relaxed, resulting in a greater in-flow of people, albeit sometimes of a more questionable character.
>Immigration controls relaxed
Diversity is our strength anon.
>>
>>1055873
Free port is basically your colony becoming a refugee to criminals, dissidents, and smuggling syndicates, hence why you start selling hard and drugs and get a stability hit.
>>
>>1055889
it's a fucking shade m8
>>
File: douk.jpg (134 KB, 655x698)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
LOW TECH BEST TECH
IRON BLOCKS WITH CANNONS 4 LYFE
>>
>>1055868
Interstellar Imperium with the ship and weapon pack's IBB.
>>
>>1056217
>Interstellar Imperium
Is it just me or are the ships in this mod a little juiced?
>>
>>1056224
Is there even a faction mod that isn't a little juiced?
>>
>>1056066
>adaptive phase coils
Flanker
>phase anchor
Brawler
>>
>>1056226
Touché.
>>
>>1056224
I find it one of the more middling custom factions. They have really powerful weapons, but their hulls generally aren't the best platforms for them, especially later when nearly every capital ship they have is a battlecarrier. They have some really powerful destroyers like the Librator but a relatively weak cruiser lineup. They beat most random ships added in ship packs, and low power level factions like HMI, but they're pretty even with other mid-tier custom factions like Mayasura. They really fall short compared to high power level factions like the Star Federation and everything is a joke if you get into the modder arms race factions like Legio, where a 6 DP frigate can 1v1 a Paragon.
>>
I DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS STUPID FUCKING AI
ESCORT ORDERS ARE FUCKING USELESS
WAYPOINT ORDERS ARE COMPLETELY IGNORED
I'M CONSTANTLY BEING SURROUNDED OR CAUGHT IN RETREAT CASCADES
WHAT THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO BE DOING
>>
>>1056226
yeah most of them don't have any ships that can touch an aurora, scarab, onslaught or doom

vanilla is the most overpowered mod
>>
pegasus is going to be hilariously broken, and it still won't be as good as the onslaught
>>
>>1056151
>not invading them yourselves with 10 starliners full of troops
you only have yourself to blame
>>
>>1056079
Checked,
If that's the one I see, I'm for broadside with a very limited arc.
But thanks.
>>
File: atlas_c.png (139 KB, 218x388)
139 KB
139 KB PNG
>>1056058
>converted Atlas into a 8 fighters carrier at the cost of not having weapon, and shit shield
>>
>>1055589
Now that I look at it, I am inclined to agree; I feel like the weird pylon things carrying dual medium mounts just feel welded on. I would've found more organic asymmetry a bit more appealing I guess. Something along the lines of the Aurora.
>>
what mod is best if I want more stupid low tech garbage
>>
>>1056299
Signal literally everyone worth a shit to follow you at the start of the match, don't go too too aggro or interrupt their sightlines, get a few harbingers so when they overload an enemy ship they get the message and trigger missiles.
>>1056455
HMI, Low Tech Armada and the Luddic Enhancement.
>>
Anyone have archean mod? How's the experience so far?
>>
>>1056299
>Mass select + RMB on the enemy babby is seething
Use your fucking brain, tard.
>>
>>1056299
The order system is indeed tricky.
1) you aren't ordering ship, you are creating a task and any free ship will autoassign itself to the task.
2) AI self-preservation was kicked up a notch (before they were kamikaze who gladly let themselves be surrounded), now they do not rush to their death unless explicitly asked to in a triplicate document signed by all Faction leaders, Ludd & Omega.
3) Once the order are given, you can manually force assign ship. They'll follow the order unless you CANCEL ORDER.

>Attack order
The most important one because it override self-preservation.
Ships will prioritize the target if they can reach it and always try to go in the direction of the target.
It's very practical to ask everyone to kill the most dangerous target first.
It also mean they will ignore non-target.

>Waypoint
Will be ignored if there's any enemy, you gave them an order to go there, not to FIGHT.

>Capture
"A" ship will take the position anytime it is free, it will NOT take any risk.
If there's more enemy, more ships will autoassign themselves to the task.
Once captured, the ship DO NOT stay around unless an enemy ship is getting close
Practical if you don't want ship to stay defending when it could be killing.

>Assault (transform into Defend once captured)
ALL free ship will assault the position, if you have 2 assault point, the fleet will split by itself.

>Defend (transform a waypoint into a defend order)
ALL free ship will defend the position. Again they will not take a lot of risk unless asked to Attack target.
Defend override Attack, ship will only attack target if they are in range and will not pursue.

>Escort order
Unless you gave the order directly, it will attract small/medium ship to target, it's only to gather frigate around bigger ship.

There a few other order but they aren't that important.
>>
>>1056475
>Anyone have archean mod? How's the experience so far?
It seems we have someone asking this it's almost as if someone is shilling.
But to answer the question, yet again, the general consensus is it's a bit shit. The balance is out of whack and design decisions are made seemingly arbitrarily. About the only thing it does well is not get dragged in to discord drama but that's because the discord is a dick-pissing contest for the most powerful (yet balanced(!)) faction.
>>
>>1056299
There's only a few commands worth doing.
Escorting has always done nothing useful since its introduction, don't bother.
Waypoints are only there to give ships with nothing to do somewhere to go. Mostly used between the spawn and where the fighting is happening in the happening in the vague hope you'll get some degree of grouping.
The best use of your limited orders is to just select the entire fleet and tell them to attack the biggest threat in the enemy fleet. Later, when the fleet turns into a bunch of isolated fights, to select whatever group of ships actually managed to stick together and attack whatever is the biggest and closest threat to them. The only way to keep your fleet together is to tell them to defend a spot. If you're constantly being surrounded or put in retreat cascades that just means your fleet isn't big enough, g̶i̶t̶ ̶g̶u̶d̶ do some more trading.
>>
>>1055563
A mystery box and an unexplained mystery for flavor are not the same thing.
>>
>>1056635
>a mystery box is not a mystery box
>>
Can someone port this over to 0.95.1?

https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=8280.0
>>
How does the game decide what items of my cargo get destroyed if my cargo ship is nuked yet others remain to carry stuff? say i have 500 drugs and 500 supplies,how do i know what will i lose if my trader ship is offed?
>>
>>1056674
I believe that roll only happens if your total cargo space decays below used capacity.
>>
>>1056679
Okay,say i have an atlas and 4 wimpy frigates,frigates manage to flee and i had important shit like blueprints or alpha cores mixed with supplies,how does the game decide what i keep?
>>
>>1056682
you keep everything, you just have to toss out crap that's over your cargo capacity
also, there's not really any reason to keep blueprints in your cargo holds instead of right clicking them to learn them permanently
>>
>>1056695
I am the kind of person that just sells them for money,i dont like interacting with the colony mechanic at all
>>
>Nuked my modlist
>Down to 20 mods
>now i can enjoy the simple pleasures instead of being constantly overwhelmed at every side
i. . .i can finally play the game! i did it anons!
>>
>>1056703
DOWN to 20? Yikes. I don't think there are that many decent mods to begin with, let alone more.
>>
Why is the only good faction mod hazard mining incorporated?
>>
>>1056707
>adds new dogshit commodities no one asked about
Blackrock is still the only good faction mod. It adds nothing but new ships, weapons and a kino soundtrack. Imperium is second best one, even after he added Byzantium Wine as useless filler. All other faction mods are useless bloat and shouldn't be used. Xhan Empire gets a honorary mention only because of the new secret system with the mind controller which spooked me first time I tried it. But I hate how the mod adds 2 fucking factions. I only use Blackrock and Imperium now anyways.
>>
>>1056707
Because you're full of shit.
>>
>>1056713
Blackrock is ruined because its aesthetics are completely different and stand out horribly.

Imperium is alright, sure. But im not really a fan of their ship design
>>
>>1056707
>Either useless as fuck ships or literally GOD TIER garbage hunks with guns, no inbetween
>Keeps fucking messing up the supply chain and my trading, NO I DO NOT WANT TO TRAVEL 17 FUCKING LIGHTYEARS TO SELL MY DRUGS FUCK OFF, FUCK OFF GODDAMIT
>Cheat tier Swarm bullshit in that one system, just farm there for like an hour and you have max rep with tritech and 4 million worth of cores, even a research station there
>Entire gimmick is that they steal and murder and whatever like TriTech but low tech, somehow have an entire fucking Core system like 10 light years away but also like 3 fucking Luddic Path hyperchad planets around?
>Fuyutsuki's Folly
Iron Shell is pretty good so far even if I barely began, fucking meme anime aside. Cool ships, especially the Champion, and its pretty cool that you can do taxes. Also fuck VIC, that shit's literally just anime catgirls with somehow hyper futuristic tech shit and gene modding with a hyper system in it, hot fucking trash.
>>
I like the star wars mod
>>
>>1056727
I personally couldn't give much of a shit about the franchise, but I'm glad you can find enjoyment where I couldn't Anon. Do saturation bomb the twileks or whatever the tentacle headed chicks are if you can, I fucking despise people spamming them so fucking much
>>
>>1056299
>I'M CONSTANTLY BEING SURROUNDED OR CAUGHT IN RETREAT CASCADES
If this happens with orders, try a difficult battle without any orders at all. If you still get obliterated your fleet simply sucks. The AI works best when you leave it alone instead of mindfuck it with orders. The only orders I use is a loose grouping before the fight starts which I cancel soon, and waypoint captures for DP which I also cancel once everything I need is on the field.
>>
File: FQ_M6OEVcAAKCbx.jpg large.jpg (104 KB, 1000x1000)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>1056703
>I'm at 60+ Mods without adding a single Skippack or Faction mod.
Apply yourself.
>>
>>1056748
spamming them in what game?
>>
>>1056779
Oh not ingame, just in general. Think of it like ponyfags or hyenafags endlessly being autistic and shoving it in most media they possibly can, shit's god awful and dumb and I somehow keep finding people who post multicoloured skimpy squid people around me.
>>1056778
What the fuck is that and why did you post it Anon.
>>
File: 1495530127700.jpg (26 KB, 415x544)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>1056778
Jesus Christ, that is one disgusting personification. I guess this means you'll make sure to post it every chance you get, but I really hope not. Filtered.
>>
>>1056778
MORE
>>
>>1056782
Are the Twileks in the room with us right now lmao?
>>
>>1056782
>He doesn't recognize the fast-mobility Carrier specializing in Strike-craft, the Heron.

>>1056786
If I had to see it so do you.
>>
>>1056778
then show your modlist
>>
>>1056778
this post seriously sucks
>>
>>1056797
They better fucking not be or I'm getting my Ludd blessed torpedos
>>
File: 1652515810245.png (1.8 MB, 1575x1245)
1.8 MB
1.8 MB PNG
I have no shame, I'm shilling my mod. Download my mod.
https://www.nexusmods.com/starsector/mods/69
>>
>>1056816
HA HA HA DISREGARD THAT, MY MOD FUCKING SUCKS
>>
>>1056816
>Carrier champion
An abomination against Ludd
>Everything else
Actually pretty cool, missile based stuff is always appreciated so good work Anon and nice link.
>>
File: 1637203241289.jpg (723 KB, 3000x4000)
723 KB
723 KB JPG
>>1055112
gate haulers have unused descriptions in the game's files
>>1056778
who's the artist? I recognize the art style but I can't put my finger on who it is
>>
>>1056828
CUTE!
>>
What you guys even do when bounties are way over 240 dp and you got your colonies settled? Seems to much work fighting these 10 onslaught bounties but there is nothing else to do besides explore the rest of the map.
>>
>>1056877
Bounties, unless super super fucking weak, are meant to be more for challenge and leveling up than they are meant to be the way you rise to the top. A 50k for like 4 ships 300 fuel away and in a cool system is a good excuse to get a bunch of supplies and dip there and back to maybe also get some good stuff from ruins or research places, a 250k one is pretty alright to maybe storypoint repair a Capital you can't find for some reason, so it depends on your situation.

Considering how you have your colonies settled and you are pretty much over with the game, do em if you find em fun and just don't bother otherwise really.
>>
What is up with Starsector artists and drawing girl ships all the time?
>>
>krauts have a bounty for a deserter yggdrasil
>i have a traumtanzer and plenty of capitals, carriers, and cruisers, how bad could it-
>arngrims assrape my entire fleet because they're phase fighters with heavy blaster-tier firepower
Arngrims are fucking horrifying, it's gotten to the point where I've removed them from the AI loadouts. Mass herons with nothing but Arngrims can faceroll the [ULTRA REDACTED] with no losses.
>>
File: 1635504881324.jpg (2.86 MB, 1930x3000)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB JPG
>>1056898
what, you don't like it?
>>
>>1056912
I dont even know what ship this is supposed to be
>>
>>1056898
Lots of captains like the idea of a pocket battleship that you can just hide behind and she’ll do the fighting
>>
>>1056345
this thing is disgusting with 8 cobras, keep one in your backpocket to utterly annihilate pirate stations and derelict drones singlehandedly.
>>
File: 1634387761452.jpg (102 KB, 1000x1000)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>1056778
from the same artist
>>
File: SS-Paragon.jpg (151 KB, 1500x960)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
>>1056898
Starsector is just Kantai Collection IN SPACE.

You know there's some Tri-Tach subsidiary exclusively dedicated to making and selling collectible Virtual Intelligence assistants personifying every single one of the copyrighted ship models in the Sector, and even some that aren't.
>>
>>1056898
I want to impregnate a paragon. our frigates would be very cute I think.
>>
File: 1644225834105.jpg (113 KB, 550x1058)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>1056992
>>
>>1056778
you can't just post that and not tell us the artist
>>
>>1056299
telling frigates to capture points, and carriers to focus a single target work. Those are the only commands I user other than Full Assault (which should be called "stop being retarded and attack".
>>
where’s my luddic path shipgirls
particularly ones that would be great for destroying AI by day and being in natural, handholding embrace by night
>>
File: SS-Onslaught.jpg (144 KB, 1500x960)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>>1057166
Pathers and Church don't have any recognizable capitals but that FAT kitbash of a suicide fuel tanker.
Maybe when the next update releases.
>>
anons i swear to god that some prime evil force is trying to stop me from playing my spess games, first i had the fucked planet gen with population and a billion modifiers
>>1051129 this is me a fucking week ago trying to fix this, I HAVE NOT
now nex is fucking acting up like a child trying to stop me from spawing as independent
https://mega.nz/file/5B80XIrb#GTWLw9yDy9gCtGiT718OoclhZFMlBBfuiZhL9AL3M3c
4chin for the love of god this post is a not a spam i have reformated it a thousand times
>>
>>1057205
If it's still fucking up, something might have overwritten the core files. Delete and do a fresh install, that should solve your problem.
>>
>>1057211
already tried, it is something which is fucking with industrial revolution
all mods disabled nothing happens, only industrial revolution enabled nothing happens, all my other mods enabled the fuckity starts to manifest, not unkown skies or adjusted sector, last suspect is terraforming and station construction, i think i have fixed it but now nex started to shit on my parade out of nowhere, i swear to god, the technological moloch is fucking with me
>>
>>1057218
Are you getting your mods from the forums or discord? The ones on the forums tend to be a behind on versions and features but have noticeably less bugs.
>>
>>1056974
>this thing is disgusting with 8 cobras
8?! Did you forget it has reserve fighters...
>>
>>1057255
forum, i only had vayra from the discord but i deactivated, is there even any useful info from the log or nah?
>>
>>1056913
its a wasp
>>
>>1056786
>>1056791
The duality of man.
>>
i don't know which mod adds these pirate base construction missions but they are very nice
>>
>>1055755
carrier spam is still the single most braindead thing you can go up against in this game. the only trouble is the only carrier spam faction in the game(LC) spam dogshit setups with perditions as payoffs in vanilla. you get some modded carriers that can competently field their stuff and broadsword + cobra + trident spam becomes nigh unbeatable. the AI will always be dissuaded from approaching and just sit there building up flux from broadswords & mk 9s unless they're aggro/reckless officers. it's already bad enough how broadsword flares track and have high hp for no reason.
>>
File: 1593369767600.jpg (2.18 MB, 2000x1091)
2.18 MB
2.18 MB JPG
>>1055909
modder-sama, whatever you do I beg of you some decent medium anti armor ballistic. I'm tired to cucking to SO & assault chaingun for my medium anti armor ballistic needs. mauler is too low dps and mortar has poopoo projectile speed and accuracy.
>>
>>1054570
>>1054581

- *tier III
- tritach was just one of many mega corps involved in ship tech, it's biggest dick was AI and being one of the megacorps involved in pioneering phase tech pre colapse.
- nothing conclusively links phase ships and AI so far, beyond the fact omega is hinted to be one (but we don't know what the FUCK that is) and phasing makes you hear voices
- the AI war is post-collapse problem. the domain banned AI centuries before collapse because alpha AIs would be... protective of themselves.
- trinigs gonna nig. but it's hinted that trinigs are just stealing the designs from classified domain next gen tech they found on hyperspace shunts
- ludd pretty much existed, its' hinted that pathers and the church know -something- about the collapse that other factions don't care about because they are too busy not being system-locked
- andrada is a war hero who successfully beat the crisis. he's just dealing with a pretty much collapsed hellscape planet saturated with refugees so he tends to fuck around a tad.
- no faction is doing anything special beyond tri-tach building a supership. the entire plot is that your PC messed with shit you were NOT supposed to mess with and basically the entire sector is about to shit it's pants.
>>
is there any fucking point to trying to evade interdiction via active sensor burst
it slows you down so much that the time that's shaved off is just lost by needed to decel and accel
>>
>>1057274
>getting smothered by 36 wasps on the Company carrier
damn those suits are living the good life
>>
>>1056705
When you pick up QoL mods it racks up pretty quickly.
>>
>>1055060
>omega
Omega is probably the one that the AIs are looking for and trying to contact. Tri-Tachyon are scared of the Doritos and cannot understand how they work.
>>
>>1057449
Wasn't it tach who made the doritos? Or well the one.
The cool ranch version is something else.
>>
>>1057451
No. Or at least if they did make it, it wasn't post-collapse TT and was instead the AI's doing it behind everyone's backs. Essentially unshackled hyper advanced AI doing whatever it decided to do.
>>
>>1057452
Are you talking about those x shapped things or that thing you find at the blacksite? Because i"m pretty sure the blacksite was something they made.
>>
>>1057459
Ziggy isn't a Dorito, they're called that because they look like chip bags. Kind of like calling glowing energy liquids monster energy. Ziggy is more like a space crab.
>>
>>1057459
Ziggy was made by TT from reverse-engineering Dorito tech; the descriptions for the dorito weapons imply heavily that TT has an incredibly minimal grasp on Dorito tech, and an even more minimal grasp on the Doritos themselves.
>>
>>1057459
The Dorito are what you find at coronal hypershunt near rare gas giant.
If you didn't see them, you'll understand why they are named like that fighting them.
>>
>>1057462
>>1057463
OH I see. I was confused. Then yes, that thing is post collapse AI bullshit. If the theory about them hating hyperspace is try then it parking its ass on a shunt would make sense.
There are those bounties you get for active AI fleets jumping to other systems though.
>>
>>1057470
Its not hyperspace they hate, its Pspace.
>>
>>1057471
Pspace? Like phase space?
>>
>>1057472
Yeah pretty much. Phase tech is where all the spooky is, outside the subtle hints of nanoforges.
>>
>>1057474
I see, I thought it was hyperspace. Wow just like don't phase fucking lol, retarded AI.
>>
>>1057475
They don't, actually. I haven't seen any AI remnants use phase tech unless its a mod. They hate it so much they'll try and commit suicide or take drastic measures, like having I think it was an Alpha Core on your own ship when interacting with a disabled Ziggy. Humans have less of an effect in pspace but considering that Pirates freely use ships that have NO phase tech safeties and their fluff dialogue is varying degrees of crazy they are doing it to themselves.
>>
>>1057476
I never messed with the zig. What happens if you have one.
>>
>>1057478
If you have an AI core it will try and destroy Ziggy, its stopped during the event. Its easy to miss if you skip text and just pick a bunch of dialogue options.
>>
File: 1652575846350.gif (414 KB, 520x520)
414 KB
414 KB GIF
>mfw i think i accidentally sold my Ziggurat
I didn't really use it but still
>>
>>1057479
Do you have any screencaps Anon?
>>
>>1057594
No. My caps always turn up black, so I've given up trying and don't want to fuck around with my potato. If you want to read that snippet so much just head over to black site with an AI core in your inventory. Once you win and try to explore then it should show up automatically in the side text. Its nothing particularly special unless you like the lore.
>>
>>1057599
Duly noted, thanks anyways Anon.
>>
>>1057422
>>1056703
show list
>>
File: sextesxt.png (149 KB, 404x404)
149 KB
149 KB PNG
Do these two look visually consistent?
>>
>>1057631
Nope, lefts graphics are super sharp, be it from the angular as fuck solar panels, the almost looks real into pixels thrusters and hull or just the general look of the thing. Right looks like it was drawn in paint SAI with some softening and it not looking angularly perfect, right looks like you took irl pics and photoshopped them into being pixelated.
>>
need a pregnant heron shipgirl picture, help me out anons
>>
>>1057666
Satan stop acting dumb and scroll up.
>>
>>1057631
The design is consistent but the art is not.
>>1057658 sums it up.
>>
>>1057658
but i did photoshop them both together
>>1057671
Left is supposed to be the "base" style, what's theright one missing?
>>
>>1057658
>almost looks real into pixels thrusters and hull
also elaborate please
>>
File: sextesxt2.png (150 KB, 404x404)
150 KB
150 KB PNG
>>1057631
ignore the ships i didn't adjust it yet but i was also thinking about a "lost crewmates" mechanic where instead of them dying in explosions you get to save them post battle.
do the crewmates look consistent? the middle one kinda sucks and i'll replace him but the left and right ones look fine, right?
>>
>>1057674
>>1057677
Okay, so basically, I want you to look at the central stuff in both ships. The hull in the left is literally smooth and perfectly cylindrical, its not convex or concave, and it quite literally looks as straight as it can look. The side things are perfectly matched and exact, and alongside the main hull you have shit like wiring that feels pixelated. Alongside it you have an X of perfectly angled and also pixelated solar pannels. It is "perfect" in the sense that it does not look drawn and looks almost like you used exclusively a shape maker and calculated where the angles should be.

On the right you have a smaller ship, with softer edges, with less perfect roundness in the main hull, with the angles of the side things looking like they aren't even "right" and were drawn, not calculated. On the contrary of the X, the little "wings" it has look almost stubby, not angled right, they don't look 2d like the left an dthey seem to almost be drawn like a child compared to the pixelated shading shit of the left. The thruster looks comical, the head nozzle looks super rounded compared to the much more angular left, it clashes because of not just detail ammount but also the angularity and the composition. I'm no artist but this is about as well as I can describe it with my level of bothers to be quite frank.
>>
>>1056898
Coomers
>>
File: landerfin.png (15 KB, 65x121)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>>1057688
like this then?
>>
File: sextesxt2.png (150 KB, 404x404)
150 KB
150 KB PNG
>>1057728
>>
>>1057732
sorry frorgot to write here but,
is it maybe the lack of black stripes?
>>
>>1057728
>>1057732
>>1057735
That does look better. Slap on some wiring on it and maybe it'll fix the rest.
>>
>>1057737
ok that's more of a design issue, it supposed to be an atmospheric lander, ie something like the space shuttle, ie no exposed bits
>>
>>1057744
I mean listen Anon if you want to make something like "Crew doesn't die when the ship gets fucking 12 reapers exploding on it then you'd probably code in something like a in-ship bunker no? Just make the pic for the mod a very bulky hexagonal door or something and make it so it reduces explosion deaths by like 90% or something instead of the two shuttles because its the ship exploding that kills the crew, not the corpse collection shuttle being absent.
>>
>>1056345
Which mod adds this?
>>
>>1057745
They're not dedicated corpse collectors, they're regular ships. I'm shooting for a more realistic style, long range combat and fragile ships. One hole is enough to punch someone out, shit like that
>>
>>1057631
Cockpits are off. Due to the subtle curve in the right one, the left one looks overly flat.
>>
>>1057869
I'm not sure how compatible that really is with starsector as a whole but I'll be honest, my interest has plummeted. Good luck for what its worth Anon.
>>
where’s my [REDACTED] shipgirls (all 3 colors, not just green, blue, and white)
>>
File: KoCGogle.png (1.07 MB, 995x1366)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB PNG
>>1057862
Everybody loves KoC:
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=23393.0
>>
>>1057914
you should add nexelerin starts for maybe google and kockbine
>>
File: requisitions delivered.jpg (291 KB, 1114x806)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
I've been working on a small autism project in my free time for a while now, and I've run out of concrete ideas for ships so I might as well post the progress I've made to fish for ideas (and also get a second opinion on things like mount placement).
No download since it's only spritework for now. The ship editor gives me headaches anyways.
>>
>>1057474
>outside the subtle hints of nanoforges
other than them causing mad pollution, what's so bad about them?
>>1057594
>>1057602
looks like some nig on leddit has screenshots.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starsector/comments/mpg8qk/spoiler_visiting_alpha_site_with_an_alpha_core/
>>
File: 1630756852789.png (480 KB, 1291x1044)
480 KB
480 KB PNG
>Mod out smod limit
>Increase NPC fleet size
>Make supership
>Fight OP with OP

Aww yeah.
>>
>>1057948
i wish derelict drones had more of a presence than just being mooks present at domain probes/survey ships/motherships
>>
File: crewsprites.png (5 KB, 50x50)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
Elaborating on the saving dead crewmen bit, Are starsector sprites consistent in their resolution?
Some just don't feel like it, the asteroids are way higher quality than the ships and the stations are also higher res, would it make sense for the crewmates to be small but "HD"?
>>
File: 1652634859753.jpg (321 KB, 1114x806)
321 KB
321 KB JPG
>>1057933
I like them just don't fall in to the common trap of bloating your mod by keeping every. single. variant.

My keep list:
>>
>>1057973
Aye, I get what you mean. FYI, the tanker/freighter you crossed out was meant to be the base variant, the bright orange one is the Heggie auxiliary.
>>
>>1057961
The closest thing to what you want is probably the Derelict Empire. I haven't used it much because I dislike random core worlds, but it does give the drones their own faction.

If you want them to be more than just a stepping stone HMI gives them more worthless unshielded destroyers, but also gives them some actual military grade cruisers so they put up more of a fight later on. The Ship and Weapon pack gives them another capital ship, but I'm also pretty sure it's weaker than the Guardian.
>>
File: Geist.png (69 KB, 196x239)
69 KB
69 KB PNG
>>1057914
New KoC for you to play with...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12Vd_NZI0Df0uO2WqYRA0yBri9AYX-Ym5/view
>>
File: asuka and rei.jpg (675 KB, 800x882)
675 KB
675 KB JPG
>>1056713
I heard about this so called "mind controller". Is it some white bug like portrait ship? Where can I find it? Does it spawn in a fixed system with a fixed name? For example HMI adds The SEELE system to very southwest with some very interesting high level end game encounters

Pic somewhat related to spoiler
>>
>>1058032
better not be undercosted like everything all the other destroyers in KoC
>>
>>1058172
Not him but fucking what, the HMI does that? I thought all they did was the Manchester system on the top right with the fucked up ruins and the hyper mining production mothership shitting out like 200 patrols of hyperkinetic drones
>>
>>1058180
>better not be undercosted like everything all the other destroyers in KoC
That's a sentence to digest. But I'll make you a deal, if you can be more specific on how you think stuff is broke, I'll do my best to fix it.
>>
>>1058172
Xhan Empire adds a new system with a ship that will fuck up your whole fleet.
>>
File: Aerodynamics lab test.jpg (66 KB, 600x452)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>1058185
That is the "Tabitha" system even further northeast. There is a active and unharmed Guardian station. It creates fleets of 20+ high powered versions of derelict drones. Imagine 10 Ramparts with heavier armor, several inbuilt armor related mods and fuckhuge amounts of health, armor and ballistic damge.

Basically the Domain Resurgent had the Manchester system and later claimed the Tabitha system. In the latter they built one of the guardian stations. They had several bigger and smaller stations in Manchester. Their leaders were liars: For example farm yields were not as big as promised. Then a large amount of refugees was taken in, stability suffered, and a leader of pirates/refugees started a civil war. This tore the manchester sytem apart, the few survivors left and (i presume) founded the Brighton faction. Manchester tried to order the tabitha fleets to come to manchester but they never sent the orders correctly, e.g. one time only "move" the other time "manchester" but never together.

Non spoler version: Manchester and Tabitha are fun systems with fat stacks of loot. Manchester has more approachable difficulty. Tabitha is balls to the wall hard. I have a good endgame fleet of moslty destroyer and cruiser carriers + line ships, and the still give me a few ship losses per fight.. But the loot is absolutely worh it.

>>1058204
Ok, thank you. Do you know the name of that system? Does it have a fixed name or location? Also technically something similar happens at the Seele system, if you investigate the science station.

>pic related is Tritach researching Domino tech at Blacksite Alpha
>>
>>1058185
There's also the Mansa system in the top left of the map if you want to contend with Mess Remnants
>>
>>1058207
I do remember the fights being properly hard to deal with due to needing to deck out the whole damn fleet and even with plasma tachyon shit they still did a dent. Interesting stuff with Tabitha, honestly shouldn't have smashed the Guardian since farming the normal stuff was really fun and profitable.

Honestly a damn shame that HMI can be such baloney to really interact with, special secret stuff is definitetly neat but having to also have their ships bloating out the rosters and blueprints and the tumorous shit in the galaxy edge just turns me off from the mod. I rather wanted to like the mod but man, Heracles and Junks aside, I can't really say I like most of it.
>>
File: Conquest.jpg (33 KB, 350x507)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>Favorite ship design
>>Kinda underwhelming
Hurts
>>
>>1058196
geri and freki are both severely undercosted for what they are. they've both got built in IEA so they dont cuck to salamanders and even if they didn't have it they have more good coverage pd slots than both destroyer carriers in vanilla, they can slot in their own salamanders since they both have synergy slots (I suppose you wouldn't on geri since it has assault package), and they have a good chunk of ordnance points to work with all while sitting at 8 dp and having damper field, one of the best abilities in vanilla. the closest equivalents, colo mk3 and condor, are both poopoo in comparison. colo has less op, no medium slots, has a smaller shield arc, a shield that takes more damage, no IEA, and has flares instead of damper field. condor has barely half the ordnance points, makes sloot look like a speed demon by comparison, and a shield that takes a bajillion damage. geri and freki should cost no less than condor. even 12 dp is probably too generous.
the buffalo carrier is also severely undercosted at 5 dp. sure, you can't slot in whatever you want for the fighter slots but it can slot in salamanders, has good pd slots, and tons of op to spare, all while being faster than both vanilla destroyer carriers and having an omnishield. pulse (C) spam is very powerful and will always overperform compared to its equivalent dp in vanilla carriers. that thing should be 8 dp.
sleipnir at 8 dp is too low. it will outperform nearly all its peers in a 1v1 while being a nigh impenetrable line destroyer. even sunder costs 11 and that thing folds like a piece of paper. the combination of extended mags and emergency capacitors is just too much pressure for 8 dp to apply in a fleet setting. you cant even try to cuck it with salamanders since it has IEA built in so the only counterplay is catching it by itself on the sides of a battle line with a hunter killer like fury or SO eradicator. it should be 10 dp at the very least.
>>
>>1058227
What, the Conquistadors are fucking great Anon. Fast and mobile, decent flux stats, able to kite till forever land, cheap and semi-reliably always sold at Lobster Land, all you have to do is to say fuck off to the garbage baseline set and to focus on the real shit. Slap a MIRV for long range striking and a locust for fighter fucking/minor harassment with prolongued power stay, two Mark XIV cannons and two Mjolnirs, a few burst PDs for defense and a couple of hyper drivers and shit to taste. You can even double MIRV if you feel like memeing around since they have a lot of ammo and travel really well with good shield and hull damage regardlss, better than that SQUALL shit.
>>
>>1058233
you could have all the flux stats in the world. it wont make up for that base 1.4 shield.
>>
>>1058242
Hardened shields is like 25 OP, you can just save yourself 40 OP by story pointing Heavy Armor and another 25 by building in the Dedicated Targeting Core, after that get the Field Modulation with a story point and you have 30% more efficient shields with 15% hard flux while also kiting the shit out of everyone with your 50% baseline increased range and build in maneuverability thrusters. Not even mentioning Gunnery Implants or bullet speeds, you can easily fix the shields up Anon, and if not, Polarized armor has your back.
>>
>>1058247
I could just have the same stats on SO eradicator p with less than half the dp and accomplish more in a smaller span of time while being everywhere all at once. with the amount of investment you're talking about I could threaten more firepower with a dominator.
>>
>>1058253
Dominators are slow as shit, weak as hell to a good fighter compliment and turn slower than my grandma, meanwhile the Conquest can literally just pop its drifts and avoid a fight entirely or reposition completely while constantly poking out damage and shitting out missiles and making a bigger presence and lure while you can command the rest of the fleet. Story points are a plenty anyways, you have to try to exhaust them to actually go down to single digits if you play well and if you wanna go ahead and dabble in eradicator memes, you'd slap on two S mods to make that baby as good as a conquest anyways. A Conquest isn't the strongest anchor a fleet can have, that honor goes to a double plasma double lance Donut or a plain old XIV Onslaught built well and piloted by a decent guy, but it's pretty hard to deny that the ship isn't good when you pilot it well considering how slippery it is for a damn Capital and how it can actually affect battlefield flow.
>>
>>1058261
>you'd slap on two S mods to make that baby as good as a conquest anyways
lmao you have to slap s-mods on conq to not make it fold like a piece of paper. eradicator already has just as much armor and an equivalent omnishield that takes 1.0 to conq's 1.4 while maintaining competent pd. piloting eradicator you already dictate the flow of a fight. you decide what gets deleted and when it gets deleted. you take whatever engagement you want. you get to bully whatever officered frigate you find annoying. you flux cuck any conq you want and get behind whatever low tech capital you see. all carriers autolose to you. why bother spending 23 more dp to do that same things I'm already doing but worse? somebody get that pic of phil saying
>muh flux
>>
>>1058268
Kinda funny how all the new stuff save for the vanguard would be deemed op as fuck by the modding community. Power creep is real and the eagle is cucked,
>>
you're a faggot if you care about balance in a single player game
>>
I demand a mod and factionlist. Surely this thread can make the
ULTIMATE STARSECTOR
Mods list.
Maybe break it down into 3 tiers or something. Like mild, medium, and high amounts of mods.
Mitebkewl.
>>
>>1058227
>>1058242
>>1058253
Conq is not for shield-tanking, that's why it has a 1.4 shield. It's for backlining with long range ballistics and missiles, like a carrier, only instead of fighters it has Gauss and Squall.

It's good for that purpose, but suffers from this niche being too limited and not mixing well with most fleet tactics. Alex can't buff it without pushing it out of this function and he doesn't want to do that.
>>
>>1058229
Geri and Freki have already been bumped to 12DP (my bad it wasn't in the patch notes).
Buffalo (C) has been bumped to 8DP.
I'm going to leave the Sleipnir on 8DP for the time being, I can see the argument for more but I don't feel it is necessary atm.

>both have synergy slots (I suppose you wouldn't on geri since it has assault package),
I thought you were talking about their medium mounts! While checking them I noticed a mistake:

Huginn gets M.Energy and Escort package,
Muninn gets M.Composite and Assault Package.
Freki gets M.Composite and Escort package,
Geri gets M.Energy and Assault Package.
They should have the same combination as the frigates! Energy + Escort, Composite + Assault. Fixed!

>salamanders
I feel your pain, but I don't sympathize with it. There's still plenty of ways to pressure them without salamanders.
>>
File: 1587236993215.jpg (178 KB, 866x600)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
>>1058319
on its face eagle would seem like a better eradicator buts its ship ergonomics kinda fuck it. you look at its weapon slots and you'd think it would be the craziest SO cruiser ever but then you check everything else and realize it wants to be a line cruiser.
>front shield
>limited back pd
>limited small missile slots
>all ballistics are hard points
problem is all the good medium ballistics are anti shield and all the medium energy strike weapons are 600 range. you don't want line cruisers getting that close so you look at the long range medium energy options and realize you're going to end up building a support line cruiser for 22 dp. if there was a medium version of the high intensity laser eagle would be in an infinitely better place and properly function as a line cruiser. either that or a decent medium ballistic option between heavy mortar and heavy mauler.
>>
>>1058379
Vayra has 150 dps energy mediums and FPE has 300 dps he energy mediums that are ridiculously inefficient tho.
>>
>>1057973
I'll second this, post another picture labeling the planned mount types please otherwise its impossible to rate these further
>>
>>1058379
how do we fix it? switch up the energy turret and bal hardpoints? reduce DP?
>>
>>1058403
>how do we fix it?
>midline
we don't
t.alex
>>
File: 1644546817653.png (784 KB, 944x703)
784 KB
784 KB PNG
>>1058403
>how do we fix it?
there are 2 ways we can approach this. we either lean into its roll as a specialized line cruiser or try to increase its general ship ergonomics so it can act as a half decent SO cruiser.
for a specialized line cruiser:
>increase op by 10
>increase base flux capacity by 1500
>remove missile slots
>add a weapon that acts an in between for heavy mortar and heavy mauler
>create a medium version of high intensity laser
this will allow the ship to by a very formidable line cruiser while removing its anti fighter option in swarmers so while its strengths become clear its weaknesses become more pronounced as it'll need support to deal with things like broadswords.
for more generalized improvements aiming at making a better all-rounder ship:
>move missile slots closer to the front
>energy weapons moved to the front and become the new hard points
>ballistic weapons moved to the back and become the new turret points
>3 small energy slots up front become hybrid slots
this improves the ergonomics of the ship such that it functions marginally better as a line cruiser and significantly better as a SO cruiser. energy weapons being at the front just makes sense. in the case of a line cruiser your ion/graviton beams get disabled if you choose to let down shields to eat a sabot rather than your ballistic slots. in the case of an SO cruiser you now have turret assault chainguns so you can manually take out broadswords. the energy slots becoming hybrid slots gives you the option to slot in needlers to complement things like phase lances while still maintaining the option to run atimatter blasters. missiles being up front gives you the option to slot in torpedoes.
>>
>>1058207
>Domino tech
first the doritos, and now dominos?
also I didn’t know that Brighton was founded by former Domain Resurgent members - I wonder what it would be like if there were Brighton reconstruction variants of the centurion/hammerhead/eagle/mora (and other manned ships that got DomResvariants) since it seems kinda odd that they don’t use anything based on their previous faction’s designs
>>
>>1057894
pls I want radiant mommy
>>
Is archean mod a good mod? Thoughts?
>>
these threads are not fucking fast enough that you need to spam this holy shit fuck off
>>
>>1058447
The answer hasn't changed since the last time you asked it, see >>1056500
>>
File: basicidea.jpg (400 KB, 1114x1262)
400 KB
400 KB JPG
>>1058397
Here's the general outline of mount types and systems.
Some of these I'm still on the fence about, and probably/definitely will need changing.
Some general additional outlines:
>freighter/tanker
Meant to be more survivable and agile than a mule, but with a net loss of cargo space (and obviously extra fuel capacity) at a premium cost
>midline missile destroyer
Not much to it; dedicated missile destroyer, ala Gryphon or Vigilance. Multiple slots for versatility.
>low-tech big ballistic mount
Meant to use the upcoming Lidar Array system for temporary range boosting. Basically an artillery ship designed to provide fire support from the backline.
>phase frigate thing
Since Shade already sort of has the strike role covered, and Afflictor has the "punch up" role, I felt like this one should instead be a harasser or hunter/killer against frigates. Poor flux stats so it can't stay in engagements for too long, even with phase cloak, but has phase skimmer to allow for quick engage/disengage maneuvers and chasing down other ships.
>big bulky lowtech frigate
Area denial/PD frigate that is tanky with Rugged Construction (still has shields though), that can saturate the area with 'Flak Mines', essentially Doom's mines system except the flak mines linger and detonate on proximity instead, dealing fragmentation damage (useful for screening against fighters/bombers maybe?)
Salvage variant ditches the escort/area denial role for a salvage gantry and built-in salvage drones (basically a tankier Shepherd)
>longdong low-tech capital
Brutally powerful in the front, virtually no defenses in the rear. In-fiction designed as a failed "successor" to the Onslaught, therefore has better shields and is slightly speedier, at the cost of less potent armour and hull. Also, doesn't quite have the flux stats to maintain constant shield tanking either. Accelerated Ammo Feeder, because why not.
>salvage capital
Basically the idea of "salvage capital, except usable in combat", open to ideas.
>>
>>1058449
it's mentally ill ritualposting
>>
the trick to the eagle is giving it three phase lances and AO. range-matches will with arbalests too
>>
*well
>>
Is it true they fucked up the skill system?
I haven't played in a couple of years.
>>
>>1057933
small ones looks promissing.
Bottom right two look a little too dark and messy everywhere. Might need to cover them up with a little more clean armor hull to break messes into separated clumps.
What is the theme reason for all these mess and soap contour?
>>
>>1058379
>>1058403
Eagle doesn't strafe.

t. guy who uses Eagles a lot
>>
the real problem with the eagle is that it's supposed to provide an elastic screen for fighters, but fighters are shit
>>
>>1058559
Interceptors still screen missiles and normal fighter screens will overwhelm shields. Those remnant EMP damage fighters can and will get your ships killed. In addition to this the AI still takes fighters seriously, which is why the good old drone tendor still winds up surviving a very long time considering its specs.
>>
File: file.png (942 KB, 1280x800)
942 KB
942 KB PNG
>>1058551
kind of, but then they kind of fixed it but also there's still some weirdness
pretty much skills are split into tiers, with more powerful skills requiring you to get others from the same tree
some skills have "elite" bonuses that give you extra benefits that you spend story points, which are "i am the player character" points you get every quarter character level
some skills have diminishing returns where going over some boundary (i.e. having more than 240 DP in your fleet) reduces the maximum effect
carriers are kinda trash now btw
>>
>>1058563
Why are they trash?
>>
>>1058565
all their skills were nerfed and have massive diminishing returns now if you go over a very limiting amount of total fighter bays in fleet
this may or may not still count the built in fighter bays in shepherds/ventures/tempests
>>
>>1058565
everything else gets massive improvements from officers with combat skills, while carriers get "your instapopped fighters get replaced 50% faster (if you have 8 or fewer wings in the fleet)"
>>
>>1058566
it does count builtins
>>
File: 1453464958214.png (45 KB, 470x364)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
>>1058572
>>
>>1058556
The salvage capital's the first one where I experimented with drawing larger elements, primarily because I couldn't find a kitbash piece that would work well as the sideplating. That's probably where the soapiness comes from.
The pirate one is a hasty shitbash through and through that I wasn't very satisfied with in the first place.
I always preferred working on frigate/destroyer-sized ships anyways, because making distinct capitals that don't turn into massive, messy clumps is surprisingly hard for me.
>>
>>1058431>>add a weapon that acts an in between for heavy mortar and heavy mauler
It's called hephaestus
>create a medium version of high intensity laser
It's called phase lance
>>
File: starsector cutie.jpg (252 KB, 700x700)
252 KB
252 KB JPG
>>1058219
Yeah they are rather tough. Very unforgiving when you make mistakes, too. The regular Mess in the Cactorum system are tough, but somewhat one-trick-pony. All armor and guns, but zero shields and varying loadouts. One time I became nervous once i saw the enemy fleet had 5 Mess-Dominators in one chunk. Then 3 turned out to be equipped solely with Salamanders. They took a while to kill due to thikkkkk armor but were otherwise rather harmless.

Just tried the Mess-Remnant in Mansa system. Holy jesus what a difficulty spike. They have shields in addition to tougher armor and fuckoff-huge range on the bigger vessels. Taking on one big fleet is rough, but two seems impossible. Had one big and one small together and had some hefty losses.

The only thing that makes these fights annoying: Your ships don't know how to stay out of the enemy ships range long enough. Especially carriers. Sometimes several of my cruiser-carriers get pushed against the bottom edge of the battlespace and then the enemy heavy hitters get close. My ships fold. The only thing that somewhat works is ordering those ships to directly retreat if i do it early enough. Waypoints don't help. My golden rules when fighting the Mess, the Domain Resurgent drones and the Mess-Remnant: Don't get surrounded. Don't get isolated. Don't have more than 2 destroyers shooting at you at the same time. Otherwise their Dominators will burn drive into your face when you are high on flux. Since they have 0 shields and thickkkk armor, they can just blast you dead while you whittle away their armor. Get good PD against their swamrs of small drones. Don't rely on missiles and fighters too much for your HE damage. Drones will often "tank" missiles and torpedos. Also use enough fast and mobile frigates like wolves to string their fleet out. Dont try to Furball with those guys.

I recommend lots of EMP. The Xyphos AA from the mod "Arma Armatura" with an officer is great.
>>
File: ballistic ng 1.jpg (713 KB, 2015x1133)
713 KB
713 KB JPG
>>1058442
This is only my personal interpretation. It makes sense story wise to me. They still use drones as a base, but no longer use completely automatic ones. Crewed instead. They had a mini-collapse in their system so had to improvise. They also had a mini-AI-war in their system since the drones did fuck all to help them. They also have similar naming convention. British cities -> Brighton.

Like i said, i just assume this is the case. There is no official information that says so. Also nothing on the forums or other sources. Just my interpretation. The same basis for my thoughts counts for the faction called "Galaxy Tigers" too. But all mentioned mods have different mod authors so it is most unlikely that what i think is true.

And the dominos was simply a typo on my part. There are no horrible monsters in hyperspace that eat people and look like dominos yet
>>
So good faction mods to install is Xhan and HMI? I heard there’s more above, but feel free to add them so I can explore more of the sector
>>
>>1058600
i like interstellar imperium and mayasuran navy
>>
>>1058582
Problems with the phase lances is that they are surprisingly not that good against cruisers. While i rarely use the hephaestus I generally concentrate on having the hardpoints up front primarily be for shields since the Eagle has amazing turning speed to compensate for the fact that it cannot strafe without adding the thrusters hullmod.
>>
>>1058604
all ships strafe at half the acceleration they have f/b, this is not some "eagle thing"
>>
>>1058606
Acceleration isn't properly displayed in the game and is set separately for each ship manually in their ship files. So to figure out actual acceleration you have to ignore the stats of the ship and fly the thing to figure it out yourself or check ship_data.csv
>>
>>1058603
Judging from the posts above, Xhan, HMI, what else? I just wanna explore and fight something like those with my fleet of high end ships
>>
>>1058617
Mayasuran isn't really for exploration and end-game fighting, Imperium is more geared to that cause it has some pretty wacky ships
Seeker - Unidentified Contact and Low Tech Armada aren't faction mods but add a good few boss ships/fleets
>>
>>1058617
Underworld, maybe? Adds the Starlight Cabal which are like high tech pirates.
>>
>>1058600
Keruvim Shipyards
Kingdom of Terra
Metelson Industries
Vanidad y Affliction Operation
>>
I built a tech-mining industry and improved it using the story point thing, making the ruin to never get exhausted. Now I'm drowning in nanoforges and expensive blueprints every month, it's not even funny anymore. Was this intentional?
>>
>>1058654
vanilla?
>>
>>1058657
I use Industrial and Terraforming mod. It's not literally drowning per se, but it just invalidates going to explore the planet since you always get at least one beta core every month indefinitely. I guess the colony having an extensive ruin helps too.
>>
>>1058660
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=23546.0
may i suggest this
>>
>>1058662
I don't think that will help. Tech-mining is pretty fair as is, but the moment you use the improvement feature using the story point, the ruin won't be exhausted.
>>
>>1058663
honestly sounds like a bug but i don't use that mod
>>
>>1058664
>>1058662
Oh fuck, my bad anon, I didn't read all the description but that mod lets you to remove the infinite ruin/loot improvement.
>>
>>1058666
Wait a minute, I'm kinda getting hammered atm so my brain is kinda fuzzy
>Story points? On a diminishing returns industry? No good. So goodbye +25% bonus, and hello no depletion! Give your tech mine a story point and that ruin's as good as... freshly ruined?
What the fuck does this mean?
>>
>>1058668
>So goodbye +25% bonus, and hello no depletion
That's pretty much the same feature (problem) as this >>1058663 post described.
>>
>>1058578
Large ship needs larger body forms sized for large ships. Stitching small pieces results in mosaic without a unified form.
And the mean and serious look doesn't suggest salvage work at all.
>>
>>1058668
scroll down a bit, he explains it in more detail, it fixes the tech-mining depletion amount to 99% so you don't constantly get the fresh ruins bonus but don't drown in garbage constantly
>>
>>1058704
I see what you mean. I'll try and give it a more industrial look and revamp the center/internals. Give it a proper, sizeable bay and tone down the amount of dedicated armaments/mounts.
It's sort of meant to be a quasi-salvage/combat barge, something that you'd see being operated by a major corporation in the outer fringes, hence the bulky, armoured side plating. Capable of doing its job but also defending itself, in a sense.
>>
>>1057933
These look pretty neat so far.
>Larger ships have too much fine detailing and not enough armor plating.
>The XIVth capital has a bit too much black plating; xiv ships are predominantly orange, usually.
>Dome of the larger armor plates on the cruisers and capitals have unnatural shapes; try breaking them up in to smaller pieces.
I hope this helps, anon.
>>
File: 1373782982779.gif (492 KB, 460x345)
492 KB
492 KB GIF
>>1058563
>carriers are kinda trash now btw
>tfw I always build carrier groups in vidya

Can mods fix it?
>>
>>1050569
Do you have the updated Blade Breaker Plus files?
>>
>>1058754
Play with Kyzletiv, their drones are bonkers.
>>
>>1058754
Yes. There are several good mods with decent carriers and decent fighters. There is Machina Void Services. There is Sylphon RND. Beautiful drone fighters, even a kinetic harpoon bomber version. There is a Mayasura resurrection mod. (Their Crossbow Bomber fighters are excellent.) There are also Remnant expansions, and they have some really interesting bombers. Also Blade breakers from the Dassault Mikoyan mod have great fighters. DM fighters are also good. I love the Mysteré Fighter Bomber. Metelson has the Oryx Bomber.
>>
>>1058754
you could probably improve things a lot by messing with the skills, something like
- reducing the damage bonus from Point Defense*
- Tactical drills also apply to fighters launched from the affected ship
- Fighter Uplink is an individual skill again, and have can be made elite for some shit like +20% durability

*this is a huge one, in a late-game battle loads of ships will have this skill and attack fighters just go pop, while bomber strikes get casually intercepted
>>
or install poorly balanced mods that obsolete all vanilla wings, i suppose. someone post the webm
>>
>>1058777
Nod an accomplishment given how shit many of the vanilla wings are.
>>
>>1058779
t. shit at videogames
>>
>>1058789
t. gladius enjoyer
>>
File: 1586111782338.jpg (31 KB, 400x505)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>1058582
>It's called hephaestus
retard-kun, that's a large slot weapon. get your head out of your ass.
>It's called phase lance
retard-kun, that's a medium version of tachyon lance. tachyon land and high intensity laser function completely differently.
>>
>>1058777
>>1058779
most of the vanilla wings are pretty bad. there are what? 5 decent ones?
>broadsword
>both atropos bombers
>cobra
>talon
everything else is bad or mediocre. I guess claw and the remnant fighter are alright for what they are but broadsword has an absolute stranglehold on the fighter slot. overfluxing while not kneeling to shield flicks like longbow does is pretty badonkers at 8 dp.
>>
>>1058810
Remnants got gutted by the ebin balance changes and tridents are hardly worth it compared to daggers. Claws are surprisingly good.
Lore wise how do you even find people willing to get into talons anyway.
>>
>>1058813
Yeah, you'd think only wasps and drones would be used because of how often they die.
>>
>>1058813
>Lore wise how do you even find people willing to get into talons anyway.
Hero is a 4 letter word, just another term for fool but they didn't learn that in their school, so holovids and jock legends ring true They'll die by the hundred by PD lasers and flak, but they wanna go out in glory as a legendary pilot like many other. It's kind of like asking why there are Mercs out there selling themselves for fucking cheap as shit to die off to some fleet commander who wants some supplies or just to do a war crime. Because they're human, they want glory and to leave a mark, for better or worse.

Imagine the fucking pussy they get at port too. Shore leave won't leave you resting much once you spin your tale of being one of the only survivors to slap a couple ships true.
>>
>>1058810
>most of the vanilla wings are pretty bad. there are what? 5 decent ones?
i'm checking the numbers and it appears that about half of them are above average
>>
>>1058810
you forgot long bows.
>>1058813
I don't get why daggers are better than tridents.
>>
>>1058836
You get about as much torps per op and daggers are much faster.
>>
>>1058836
long bows are unreliable trash. it's always a tossup whether the ai will perfectly shield flick to dodge the sabots or not. broadswords are more reliable at half their dp cost and accomplish the same thing.
>>1058836
daggers are better than trident due to their cost and the increased number of bodies. more bodies = more shit for pd to shoot through = more likely that you'll have bombers survive to quickly refit. daggers are also faster so they get out of dodge quicker.
>>
>>1058836
tridents are slow as fuck, 130 vs 180 doesn't look like a huge difference but against a 75 su/s cruiser that's backing up the dagger will close three times as fast
>>
>>1058843
>>
>>1058840
most of my battle line is pretty static back in my bomber drover spamming playthrough. Combat ship as shield in front and drover as pack right behind, unintentionally blocking retreat. Theses bombers are safe when combat ship shielding for them and they can launch like 1km away.
I didn't really consider on the time they spend on the run. but if that is the case my replacement rate would be shown to be too full.
I was only considering fighter replacement rate for the missiles. 2*2missiles for 20 sec each vs 3*1missile 15 sec each.
I still need to test how reserve deployment works as I remember they are quite well with heavy bombers. Remember i saw two cobras from a gemini.
>>
>>1058754
They aren't trash, anon is just mad that they got "nerfed", fighter replacement and recovery still have hullmods to them and if you have officers in carriers they get 1.5x whatever the replacement rate is so it's still a maximum of 75% faster + hull mods. If you're building a carrier group you don't even need maximum bonuses since other ship's fighters could just replace yours or vice versa.
>>
If Alex doesn't want to go full 4x because he wants to focus on battle then I wish he'd do it properly like allowing us to customise AI with basic if statements like back off when there are x cruisers within x range etc and also allow us to choose basic battle formations for our ships to try adhere to
>>
I don't use any fighters because they slow down my game something severe
>>
>>1058840
>>1058842
>>1058843
>>1058873
None of this shit matters because 99% of efficacy is determined by its alpha burst potential. And thus tridents will perform better in 99/100 scenarios
>>
>>1058940
>None of this shit matters because 99% of efficacy is determined by its alpha burst potential.
He's right you know, the 3x Mining Blaster Sunder has a 4200+ alpha! And thus, performs better in 99/100 scenarios.
>>
>>1058976
Ludd speaks through this man!
>>
>>1058940
no, hitting at the right time is what matters. an extra torpedo per win doesn't do shit if the target's had five more seconds to get its flux down
>>
File: 1572299312023.jpg (42 KB, 523x683)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>1058923
if Alex doesn't want to go full 4x then he should focus on an actual fucking roleplaying game system with characters worth caring about and the power of a single player. Remember when the fucking Deathstacks were all over the game and you didn't even have a chance to run so your entire savefile was fucked by 5 Onslaughts and 2 Legions that auto caught up to you?

I do. That shit fucking sucked and Story Points are better, but fuck me, the game barely feels "personal" at all, main story aside. You aren't really an agent of anything that stands for anything, all this lore and shit and you can't even try to maybe chum up to most people aside from RNG shit you get at a bar. Let me actually interact with the big boys like a big dick PC, let me actually affect the game world in a way that doesn't mean I have to fucking Saturation Bombard everyone I don't like and to raid someone enough they decivilize, let me build a fucking colony system that doesn't make THE FUCKING UNITED NATIONS BOMBARD ME WITH CORN SYRUP EVERY TIME I HOLD 7% OF THE FUCKING MARKET FOR ANYTHING.

What even is the game really, it feels more like a economics Sim with a fighter system attached to it rather than a game sometimes. No wonder half the mods subjugate themselves to a system that lets you be an agent that's paid the cost of fucking around, that's half the appeal for the game and 99% of what you do once you get a self sustaining colony.
>>
>>1058754
Arma Armatura is good for WINGCOM and the pilotable fighters you can command there's also Modern Carriers which seems pretty cracked thou I haven't used it.
>>
>>1058563
Ok but why? I remember Drover spam being OP at one point but that was more to due with the ship system/DP cost, in 0.8 carriers were in a good spot. Does Alex hate carriers or something?
>>
>>1059174
Yeah. Everything gets nerfed one after another.
>>
Pity how Creature's mods legitimately have novel and interesting concepts but he got caught in the anti-nazi crusade and had to move Aria off of the forums.
The funny thing is that you can't even tell that NGO is meant to be a nazi mod unless someone tells you about it.
>>
>>1059286
When will yuri update? I need my cute girls is spaceships, princesses in carriers, and arian lolis with big cannons.
>>
>>1058830
when you read into stuff like chicomoztoc's hive world or the general pains of living on a non-terran or higher hazard colony, it's not surprising most people would rather be slotted into a space fleet's fighter squadron to be torn apart by PD weaponry, because you get to fly cool hardware and use a big gun for a few seconds/minutes instead of eeking out a troubled existence on some overpopulated hellworld
>>
>>1059336
>chicomoztoc
>overpopulated hellworld
>only in the hundreds of millions
devs can't into numbers
>>
>>1059463
Guess hive is actually pretty tiny. Don't ask why they didn't build a bunch of space foam metal commieblocks though.
Player colonies make so sense whatsoever.
>>
>>1059463
>>1059468
>One of the first planets targeted for colonization in the Sector, Chicomoztoc was selected to become a center of industry, host to a nexus of huge nanoforges. Only a marginal terraforming candidate upon discovery, rapid early industry and later war has left the atmosphere choked with complex sulfur compounds, organics refining by-products, and a concerning but managable dusting of actinides.
hundreds of millions concentrated into industrial megacities half-dug into the planet's surface because it's a desert, and the rest scattered around on minor mining/farming sites (-1 farmland and -1 ore/transplutonics)
you can imagine if there's a choice to attend a naval school and become a space fighter pilot instead of subsistence farming in a polluted desert or whatever there's a lot that would take it
it's true though, the sector's numbers are kind of fucky
>>
>>1059474
dev's cannot into population/numbers
>>
>>1059487
just to add on to this to emphasize just how bad starsector is about populations, the density used her still includes things like shops and tourist locations. Basically everything except for food/industry.
And in case it wasn't clear, even with just about every mod and their added worlds included the entire population of the persean sector could fit comfortably in texas
>>
>>1059463
I like it, a population less than Earth's is spread across 21 solar systems and yet somehow manage to live in hive-squalor and aren't spread out enough to avoid constant conflict.

>>1058810
Longbow is good, never found shield flicker to be a problem outside of 1v1 simulations. They hit reliably since they're less susceptible to point defense and can deal with all sizes of ships.

>>1058923
4X has been outsourced to Nexerelin and I think Alex has said something about it not being his vision. Fleet combat and combat AI is rudimentary.
The closest thing he's shown to a vision is that it's a space-Diablo set in an open world. Combat consists of the player potentially killing everything in sight and all the other ships in your warband being a supportive backdrop and cannon fodder to prevent being outnumbered too much, with actual tactics being a powerful but optional option. Which is expected in Mount and Blade, not so much in a setting where space ships and a rigid chain of command exists.
>>
>>1059463
>>1059474
>>1059513
Just pretend it change everything when the planet isn't as good as Earth.
Sure you can breath everywhere but farming take a lot more industry because the soil didn't have plant and insect for century.
Sure you have room, but everyone want to be near the capital with the starport, industries and goods.
Sure you can have plenty of kids, hope you can feed them in this world in constant war.
and so on
>>
>>1058940
retard lmao
>>
>>1058527
>big missile tanker
this pleases the almighty creator
>>
>>1058449
>>1058454
you guys are either retarded or baiting on the second level, just ignore or enjoy the ritual posting
>>
>>1059035
mods would be able to fix this if the quest system wasn't fucking retarded, I wonder if alex makes it obtuse on purpose because he knows the legion of autists would be able to write a way better story in a tenth the time
>>
>>1059716
Retard, no one wants to make quests that get retconned or never downloaded because it's not "official" or "canon" lore.
Look at that one mod of Gate Awakened from 0.91, a bunch of quests in a storyline to get the gates opened and oh look Alex did the same thing. Big waste of time.
>>
>>1058801
Medium version of the Tachyon Lance is the Ion Beam, not the Phase Lance. The anon that said there's no medium version of the High Intensity Laser is correct.
>>
>>1059487
I've always been under the impression that the sector as a hole is actually largely automated infrastructure and a very small population. While Luddites try and use stuff like paper your colony of a few thousand can still pollute an entire world with a nanoforge.
>>
File: wtf.png (836 KB, 1915x1077)
836 KB
836 KB PNG
What the fuck, attack some Bladebreaker station thats not even a big one and it machine guns half my fleet before they're even in range. Try again with all my ships and it still wrecks, how am I supposed to fight this without some paragon soaking the damage?
On that note, to those using DME, whats the opinion on Bladebreakers? I feel they're way stronger than the remnant and need to be toned down a smidge, but i also feel that their meant to be more of a challenge for when I get a lategame fleet
>>
>>1056877
By the time I have more than one colony, I kill bounties because they're the only source of challenge left. Power creep is real and hits very hard, sadly.
>>
>>1059868
everything soren makes is overpowered. hope that helps.
>>
>>1059818
retard-kun, ion beam is not a strike weapon. the only things it and tachyon lance have in common are range and emp. otherwise their rolls are completely different.
>>
>>1059868
>getting rekt by Bladebreakers
How to tell me you play high tech without telling me you play high tech.
>>
>>1059919
blind lol. everything you can glean from that image is midline.
>>
>>1059919
I play mostly midline, Herons, Falcons and Eagles and sometimes other random ships with that I find as long as they have no D-mods. Favorite ship is low tech actually (Vindicator S)
>>
File: mostoffleet.png (1.09 MB, 1901x1071)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB PNG
>>1059919
>>1059935
Forgot Image
>>
>>1059934
>>1059935
>>1059938
Midline is just lesser hightech, plus I can see some high tech ships in your lineup.
The point is, BB are weaker to low tech ships than high tech, so give that a try.
>>
>>1060009
Midline is just BETTER hightech with slightly worse flux.
>>
>>1059868
> I feel they're way stronger than the remnant and need to be toned down a smidge
They were completely awful before, systems spawned all over the map and 90% of a given fight was chasing down their ships cause they wouldn't retreat but also wouldn't engage once you had the advantage. They had so much acceleration it looked like you were fighting sprites someone was click dragging all over the screen. Still pretty decent loot pinatas back then and are great for that now, just treat them and their systems like you would any red remnant system. Not sure if it applies with the latest version but if you have an end game wrecking ball fleet you should be able to safely explore their areas at will since they won't ever initiate an engagement.
>>
File: file.png (24 KB, 110x124)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
>>1059938
sauce on pic related? I love utility ships
>>
Daily reminder that Paragons are better at being lowtech than lowtech capitals are.
>>
>>1060126
low-tech isn't synonymous with "slow and gay", though i understand how you'd make that mistake
>>
>>1060079
Its an XLU (Blue) ship, not a mainline combat one but an exploration ship.
>>
>>1060193
thank you, i've been collecting these kind of ships in a separate mod
>>
Good beginner modding tutorials? on youtube, forums or even the wiki.
Mostly ship and system shit thanks
>>
>>1060440
I don't think there are any, but I learned just a bit by asking around modders on the Forum and the Discord.
>>
>>1060440
dunno if the wiki has a step-by-step for implementing a ship (probably), but it's a solid reference for the file structures of everything. ship ed does most of the data file generation for you. just remember to add tags and default_ship_roles.json

systems is all java if you want to do anything but a numbers tweak. set up intellij straight away and your life will be much easier.
>>
File: screenshot044.png (1.04 MB, 1920x1080)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB PNG
>>1058754
Carriers are still great to build a fleet around. Fighters/bombers/missiles are incredibly strong together. I don't even fly while my fleet has been deleting bounties and IBBs this run.
>>
File: explorer2.png (74 KB, 224x311)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
>>1057732
Should i make the ship texture compression more pixelated? does it give better or shittier results?
>>
>>1060490
i can't help but notice that you're using all of one standard vanilla wing, plus flashes since you don't have any choice there

large missiles are absolutely nuts now that you get 300% ammo though, yes
>>
>>1060492
i am shooting for a 90's video game aesthetic, like where they just shopped together real images and compressed them
>>
>>1060494
make a crt shader you wanker
>>
>>1059935
>>1059938
You need some big meaty ship to soak damage, you mostly have fragile cruisers and carriers.
>>
File: ParagonRanting.png (121 KB, 650x250)
121 KB
121 KB PNG
>>1060126

Honestly, I wish the paragon had extremely low hull integrity or something, so it would have to be tanking using its shield. Then, if you over fluxed it, it would pop like a balloon in a pile of nails. Then it would have a bigger downside than being really fucking slow. Like, sure, a slow HT ship is bad, but the Paragon also:

1. Has some of the highest flux capacity of any ship in the game.
2. Has a better flux dissipation than an Odessy, the other HT capital.
3. Shield provides a 360-degree field of protection. Flanking, one of the best counters to a ton of capitals? Go fuck yourself.
4. A fair amount of its weapons can turn and fire behind itself, so even if you flank while its shield is down you're going to be taking a shitload of firepower the whole way until you're in range.
5. Has a ship system that makes the shield EVEN MORE powerful.
6. Has a built-in (AKA FREE) hull mod that extends the range of non-PD weapons by 100% and only boosts PD weapons by 60%. In comparison, ITU only extends it by 60% for all weapons on Capitals.
7. Has only 250 less armor than an onslaught.
8. Has only 200 less hull integrity than an onslaught.
9. Has four large energy slots.

Like, honestly, if this was a mod ship, people would be tripping over themselves to call it overpowered. But it's vanilla, so the redditors chant "high tech best tech" while spamming paragons with le funny maymay disco loadouts and letting the game play itself.

t. Angry low-tech fanboy
>>
>>1060452
i'm banned from the discord cause i said cope to someone
>>
>>1060555
You're comparing it to ships that cost a lot less DP, obviously it's overall more capable. And as for killing them as the player, they pretty much are dead once they have to drop shields.
>>
>>1060573
protip: don't be rude to people who you want help from
>>
>>1060573
Yeah, you can't really say cope or seethe nowadays in most online spaces because people will immediately go OMERGERD TRANSPHOBIA because some have said "cope seethe dilate"

It's like how some people have gotten butthurt about the word jannie because it sounds somewhat similar to the slur trannie.
>>
>>1060592
but i just don't see the connection tho, what makes "cope and seethe" transphobic
>>
>>1059935
>Vindicator S
luv me cannons, simple as.

>>1060440
literally
https://starsector.fandom.com/wiki/Intro_to_Modding
And
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?board=9.0
But talking to some of the modders on dicksord would probably help a lot. Particularly ones who get credited in other mods for coding help like DarkRevenant, Histidine, Tartiflette, and MesoTronik if he's still around. Maybe hit up Morrokain if your thinking about a total conversion mod.
>>
>>1060607
three of those four are the last you should ask, very unpleasant to deal with
>>
File: hapcon4.gif (22 KB, 310x760)
22 KB
22 KB GIF
>>1060597
Everything is political and all politics is is connotations and associations. Shibboleth tbqh.
>>
>>1060592
>OMERGERD TRANSPHOBIA
Obsessed.

Whatever Anon said had nothing to do with trannies and you just had to think it did.
The real reason he got banned was for being rude to someone. You can't expect to treat people outside of 4Chan like they were in here and there not being consequences.
>>
>>1060640
>You can't expect to treat people outside of 4Chan like they were in here and there not being consequences.
Have you met Nia. He shit talks everyone on the discord to no consequence because he's a 'veteran'. Sneaks malware into his mods. Tells people they have no balls if they disable Legio. But the moment you say "Bro' you need help" he flips his shit and calls for a ban because, in an unrelated event, he needed psychiatric help in the past.
>>
>>1060592

Hello, discord trannie mod here.
You are partially correct.

We do not take action for cope and seethe, and we do, for dilate.

However, using the first two too frequently does put you on the map, cause history has shown that it's only a matter of time until someone that spams that phrase posts something retarded and gets b& anyway.
>>
>>1060671
>Have you met Nia.
I have not, but either way Anon never mentioned Nia at any point.
In fact, it actually sounds like you are and you just projected your own encounter with that of Anon.

So yeah, fuck Nia, but it doesn't seem relevant at all.
>>
>>1060690
>So yeah, fuck Nia, but it doesn't seem relevant at all.
It is relevant, because you're saying that there's consequences for that sort of behavior, I'm providing an example of someone you behaves in a similar manner without consequence.
>>
>>1060627
Still more pleasant than Nia
>>
>>1060688
Are you really a mod for them? If you are have you banned the Holocaust denier yet?
>>
>>1060717
I didn't even know we had one, quick search also brought nothing up - as long as they don't break the rules there is no reason to do anything.

If I took action cause someone wasn't blessed with a brain at birth I'd have to ban half the server. Really not worth the effort.
>>
>>1060739
You used to have one, but he actually got banned a couple years ago. Not for Holocaust denial but for making fun of Sargon of Akkad. He ended up making a new starsector dicksword.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starsector/comments/dlyoqn/the_independents_a_new_starsector_discord_server/
I think his old posts are still up on your discord.
>>
>>1060754
Wait I see why you can't find his posts anymore, the meme channel has been deleted from the discord.
>>
>>1060627
lmao, shows how much I know. All of them probably do know what they're doing at least. Out of curiosity, which is the friendly one?
>>
>>1060786
In my experience, Tart is pretty good at taking criticism. I haven't talked to the others much though.
>>
>starship legends makes aggressive/reckless officers worthless because getting blown up gives them a permanent cr% penalty until the officer is swapped away
this is FUCKING GAYYYYYYYYYYYY
>>
>>1061163
Yeah, I turned morale off pretty quickly. My fleets are generally destroyer heavy and aggressive, it's pretty common to lose about a third of it to even routine battles.
>>
>>1060688
shut up wisp.
>>
>>1061163
>"Aw yeah bruv, you went 100 battles without one explosion? Fackin' hell yeah, have +7% PD speed and 3% acceleration?"
>"What's that? You think it's unfair you get that but everyone else has -10% shield cost and 17% range?"
>"Tough tits, your ship exploded once so enjoy your -20% fighter resuply and -20% flux stats, also I'm going to spam your bars every single fucking bar stop to make sure you swap one stat for another equally shitty stat."
That mod is a fucking meme and I hate it. It's hot fucking garbage, fuck it.
>>
>>1061220
Literally the only people who like this mod are coomers who love grinding. There are a few mods that appeal solely to groonders like the extra systems mod.
>>
>>1061220
oh your ship did favorably in combat and got any notable traits? fuck you, your ship’s magazines are reduced in size making reaper torpedoes unusable on a ship that needs them and gimping anything that requires ammo
this incident made me immediately uninstall the mod 10 minutes in to trying the new update
>>
File: alarge.png (217 KB, 465x547)
217 KB
217 KB PNG
new ship
>>
File: toucan2.png (57 KB, 152x164)
57 KB
57 KB PNG
Say hello to the Toucan: All ballistics with high energy focus? Get ready to be confused!

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.