[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 80 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

File: 37ff3b3a.jpg (35 KB, 353x493)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
The gang's all here! Koei general for all your questions, opinions and information on Koei's vast strategy catalogue. Everything from the MSX to the current consoles and PC! The sons of Liu Bei are here to help!
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (54 KB, 1280x720)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>1040469
>The sons of Liu Bei
>>
>>1040469
here's to another year of waiting for translations, new games and eventual disappointment
>>
>>1040469
Operation europe had some interesting ideas, i want a sequel or remaster with a campaign mode.
Any walkthrough?
>>
>>1040469
I've only recently got into Koei games, but would it really be that hard for them to combine the RPG elements of Sangokushi 13 and the strategy elements of 14? I really, really want to like 13. Dicking about as an officer in Imperial China collecting waifus as I go is titillating yet the strategic side just feels empty. Spent a few days looking into mods and google translating some of the trainers to add unit strength multipliers to damage, or higher mortality and birth rates, but it still feels incomplete. Like an interesting beta that will be excellent when the real game comes out. Alternative example would be Ascension which is immensely unsatisfying to be an officer in as I know nobody else has access to my domain cheat.
>>
>>1040573
Have to say, I really like the pc version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paz12a9KOpQ
>>
>>1040573
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/snes/570898-operation-europe-path-to-victory-1939-45/faqs/22160
>>
I always wanted to play Romance or Nobunaga's Ambition but there are like a million games in the sries. Where do you start?
>>
>>1040801
Seconding this, both series have multiple games
>>
>>1040801
For ROTK i'd say that 8, 10 and 11 are good contenders, 8/10 for RPG mechanics and 11 for a more straightforward strategy experience.
Not as familiar with Nobunaga but i know Iron Triangle is good.
>>
>>1040806
But only XIII and XIV are in english...I found a version of X with a translation patch but the readme started saying stuff like "lol dude just turn off your anti virus trust me"
>>
>>1040801
>>1040804
For Romance, start with 2 or 3 for the basics, then 8, 10, 11 and 12.
For Nobunaga, start with Lord of Darkness, then Rise to Power, Iron Triangle, Tendou if you can find a translation and then Sphere of Influence.
>>
>Try Uncharted Waters
>Choose the girl because being a pirate sounds fun
>Told to attack a merchant fleet
>Do so
>Get close to their flagship
>Captain challenges me to a duel
>Can't say no
>Get stomped
Is there something I'm missing here?
>>
If this isn't the perfect menu music for a new Aerobiz, I don't know what is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U2SONKPu1c
>>
>>1041342
sounds completely normal, I had to get into my BIOS settings to set default language japanese just to play certain visual novels
>>
>>1040806
>>1041645
for romance are steam+english patch good enough?
I couldn't find it surfing on the webz and only got nobu's sphere so far.
>>
is it feasible to rush as Shimazu early game or any faction for that matter? my first playthrough's going well though I feel I could have done more at the start rather than playing tall.
>>
>>1040801
The easiest starting point is either XIII or XIV as they are available in English on Steam. XIII is pretty bad by the series standard though, if you want it to be at least average then you need to buy the expansion too. XIV is okay enough if really overpriced. If you can read Japanese or Chinese or know where to find the English patch, then start with the peak of the series with X for individual play or XI with faction play.

For Nobunaga's Ambition, both Sphere of Influence are Taishi are available on Steam in English and they are both pretty good starting point. If you can read Japanese or know where to find the English patch, then try the peak of the series in Kakushin (Iron Triangle) or Tendou.

>>1042924
The Shimazu is one of the easiest clans to curbstomp early game imo due to them having pretty good clan members and Kyushu is full of shit officers.
>>
Rice dealers are only effective at my home castle right? I don't understand how the price still adjusts according to my money
>>
annexation's possible towards vassals right? scared some clans to submission and was wondering if I could annex them
>>
I have fond memories of playing dynasty warriors 2 and 3 as a kid and having a lot of fun, but then the games started changing the way battles and everything worked and it became a rather shallow "get on your horse-rush enemy officer-go to the next one" cycle while the older games had officers and troops that could actually hold their own and win their engagements when morale was holding, so there was a kind of tactical side to battles and you could pick and choose where to go instead of rushing everywhere and not enjoying a good scrap. All this said, the battles side of the DW empires is what worries me now and keeps me from trying out the new games.
Would you guys say the recent titles are worth it?
>>
>>1043301
I felt that 6 moved back towards the battlefield dynamic that you're after, but the general fanbase disliked it because of the revamped designs and Renbu being a bit annoying, so 7 onwards became scripted ride-to-officer affairs.
Try 6 and 6 Empires. 6E was only on PS3 and X360, but the PS3 version can be reliably emulated with a decent PC nowadays. Your character can become stupidly overpowered in 6E, but you have to work for it.
You may like 8E if you stick to defensive battles and raids; some of my fondest memories of 8E was single handedly holding Hefei for two ingame years against Sun Jian. However, larger invasion battles devolve into officer assassination if you have less troops, and steamrolling if you have more. I can't comment on 7E or 9E, but from what I've seen, they're not dissimilar to 8E.
>>
>>1043337
I pretty much stopped after 5 XL/5E and was confused about the design changes (mostly my brother didn't like some of the weapon changes), since we were already burning out we never really looked into the series after that. I will try and find 8E/9E to take a look, thank you anon.
>>
>>1043301
If you dislike the flashy one versus one thousand direction the series went with, then I don't think you' d enjoy recent titles much. With that said, I say you'd still should check DW7 out because of its amazing story and excellent characterizations. Who knows, maybe it'd reignite your fondness for the series somehow.

>>1043357
STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM DW9/DW9E!
>>
>>1043396
It's not the concept of you taking on armies in itself I dislike, you ended up with a very strong character evein DW2, it's the fact that battles became fast, messy affairs where you just ride around to snipe enemy generals to prevent a loss, it's just a race against time where you don't have time to enjoy either a fight against troops or a duel, because you have to farm the weaker officers first.
>>
>>1043405
In that case, I repeat my recommendation of 6 and 6E.
9 had a potentially good combat system, but they bungled everything else badly, and I've heard worse about 9E.
Also, you may as well disregard Samurai Warriors entirely, since it leans very heavily into that officer assassination style. Although Spirit of Sanada was pretty good, and has arguably the best story telling of all the SW games if you don't mind the focus on the Sanada.

>>1043396
To be fair, "a warrior worth a thousand" was the tagline as far back as DW2. It's just that whereas before you had competent allies, now you're Chinese Ramirez, and Sgt Foley doesn't have plot armour.
>>
>>1043405
>it's the fact that battles became fast, messy affairs
Fair point, but that aspect only got worse with post-DW6 with the worst offenders being Warriors Orochi 4 and Warriors All Stars where some stages basically force you to marathon between officers to officers or your useless allies drop like flies.

>>1043413
I know, but back then, defeating a thousand enemies actually meant something. Nowadays, a single Musou attack could net you almost a hundred kills. Sure it looks cool and is pretty satisfying to execute, but Musou games has been less and less a battlefield simulator and more of a genocide simulator.
>>
>>1043415
>Nowadays, a single Musou attack could net you almost a hundred kills.
Oh, it gets worse than that. DW8XLCE on PS4 floods the screen with so many mooks that 150~200 kills per Musou is realistic for any Musou attack with a decent AoE. There's also a weapon skill that fills your Musou gauge by a small amount for every kill, and it can activate from enemies killed via Musou attacks, so you can spam back to back Musou attacks as long as you don't run out of enemies.
>>
>>1043009
The english patches don't work for the steam releases, but there's a thread saying XI has been patched on the steam forum. I haven't tried it.
>>
File: 156456.png (432 KB, 500x699)
432 KB
432 KB PNG
Which Koei game has the best Zhuge Liang experience?
>>
>>1043460
Probably legend of Zhuge Liang. Never played the game myself though.
>>
>>1043415
>but Musou games has been less and less a battlefield simulator and more of a genocide simulator.
That's kinda sad, I remember DW2 and 3 where you had to be careful about picking fights in the first levels since you were weak, and going against a guard unit with high morale was intense as fuck because they were very aggressive. I was hoping samurai warriors was better because of the fact enemy units used attack formations but it just never clicked for me like DW did, maybe it was the designs, I don't know.
>>
>>1043460
Probably Romance X
>>
>>1040469
Every Koei cover I have seen on these threads has been absolute kino.
>>
>>1044310
yeah kinda what drove my interest in those games. I wish more games had those grandiose film-esque covers, they are pure unfiltered kino

>>979053
(did i get that right?)
to the anon that posted Taikou Risshiden V on last thread thanks, it runs and it's mostly translated although first few secons of game i get assaulted by dialoges and some options in moon-runes. Are those important? or just flavour text?

>>1031429
to the anon that posted that working version of IV thanks, launching the windows batch didn't brick my pc nor ran a crypto miner but It did in fact run rotk IV. How do you not get filtered by something like this is beyond me, maybe Im too much of a zoomer or should work my way backwards.
>>
Does anyone know if this can be emulated on the pc?
>>
>>1044349
Used to play this on ZSNES all the time.
>>
>>1043495
I’ve never heard of that game. I know of Legend of Cao Cao. Is it like a really old game?
>>
>>1044628
I haven't played it myself either, but IIRC Legend of Kongming predates Legend of Cao Cao by a few years. Is there even an English patch for Legend of Kongming now?
>>
>>1040469
me think we should add all the links from the old thread
>>
File: brothersdt.jpg (54 KB, 640x480)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>1040469
Liu bei is a fag and Zhuge Liang is an overrated hack
>>
>>1044345
events are in JP
>>
what are some good obscure clans that are fun and challenging? also, what are some good battle tips? the AI tend to suicide charge themselves and I get mad seeing my numbers go down
>>
>>1044819
make a pastebin with all links+translations and what not, maybe even starting guides?
>>1044825
yup too bad those are impossible to translate and koei little shits wont sell let alone translate the dx version for non gaijins
>>1045187
what gaem?
>>
>>1045293
sphere of influence
>>
>>1041909
git gud at dueling or the game is unplayable
>>
>>1045315
Suzuki clan on the Kii peninsula. Absolutely sick musket skills. Get a bunch of bodies and guns and watch the fireworks.
>>
>>1045187
The Chosokabe on the Shikoku island. The island has pretty poor resources and the Chosokabe starts out near very powerful clans in most scenarios.
The Sanada in later scenarios, has plenty of really cool dudes but starts out in literal suicidal positions surrounded by a bunch of powerful clans.
That one clan in southeastern point of Honshu island right next to the fucking Hojo
The Suzuki like >>1045543 said
>>
>>1045402
How? From what I could tells there a really big RNG factor.
>>
>>1045293
>make a pastebin with all links+translations and what not, maybe even starting guides?
Yes, but not me. I'm too lazy to do that
>koei little shits wont sell let alone translate the dx version for non gaijins
Baka Gajins don't like samurais

>>1045706
>That one clan in southeastern point of Honshu island right next to the fucking Hojo
Satomi?
>>
god I hate high int ai getting in my way by intervening and sending troops despite not being allies
>>
>>1044823
Based truther
>>
File: 54127-1.png (854 KB, 1500x1301)
854 KB
854 KB PNG
Is this game in english? Because it look really cool. Mouri Motonari: Chikai no Sanshi
>>
>Doesn't have an alternative quest in ascension where he defeat the Mori and claim all of Chugoku for himself.
That was dissapointing and sadly I can't write for shit
>>
File: Harukata_Sue_(NASPK).png (601 KB, 565x800)
601 KB
601 KB PNG
>>1046657
I forgot the pic
>>
>>1046653
No, unfortunately. The premise of it being a story about Motonari from his childhood to his death sounds really cool too
>>
File: WinBack.jpg (56 KB, 378x263)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>1040469
One of my favorite games of all time.
>>
>>1045790
>Yes, but not me. I'm too lazy to do that
same
>Baka Gajins don't like samurais
imagine thinking there is no market for weeb grand strategy
>>1047014
how is it? it looks like time crisis
>>
>>1041342
XI had a PC release in english, X had a PS2 release in english.
>>
do people here mostly play with quests or do some of you turn them off?
>>
ROTK X has a "mostly completed" English patch, XI has an English patch as well. There is a bundle that includes X, XI, and XII for around the same price as X and XI if you want to pay for this stupid shit.
https://greenpig83.blogspot.com/2020/08/rtk10pk-eng-chn-win10-portable.html
>>
>>1047210
I play with the quests on because I like to read the events, the requirements to complete them aren’t that complicated most of the time and you’d run out of quests to do pretty fast due to either city allocations or officer availability pretty soon after starting the game anyway
>>
>The last two jobs I've worked have only lasted as long as the /vst/ Koei thread
S-Slow down guys
>>
>>1047338
get your life together man, geez.
>>
>>1047054
>imagine thinking there is no market for weeb grand strategy
that's what nips think
>>
>>1041342
Most of the older ROTKs had translated console releases that can be emulated pretty well. They come without PUKs though.
>>
>>1047242
>https://greenpig83.blogspot.com/2020/08/rtk10pk-eng-chn-win10-portable.html
my dumb fucking ass after caving in to koei's
jewish tacticts and actually buying xi and going over 2 hours just moments ago
>>1047338
last few of mine lasted half of an average koei thread. I either get the sack of get hired in the next 2 weeks. Wish me luck anons.
>>1047706
fucking nips
>>
>>1041342
You don't have to turn off your antivirus, just windows defender if you're on 10 because the guy never signed the executable so you get the "unknown publisher" warning. You can go in and look at it all you want.
>>
>>1048069
Good luck Koei bro.
>>1047338
Time to settledown my man.
>>
Does doing 12+ combos actually increase the stat buff you gain from the officers or is it placebo?
Playing DW4 again and it is still hell like I remember
>>
>>1048830
Iirc it’s only 8+ combo to get a +2 to be a +4 and a 16+ combo to get a +4 to be a +8. Though it’s been more than a decade since I last played DW4 so I could be wrong on that
>>
>>1047338
I hate working too. Once I buy what I want I'm going to stop working for a while
>>
How do you farm items in DW4? Or atleast whats the best levels to farm items in
I might have a lvl 1 vorpal orb but upgrading it seems to be hit or miss even with a lvl 15 seven star sash
>>
Most fun officer to play in RTK13?
>>
>>1050434
LuBu
>>
>>1047014
One of the first cover shooters.
>>
>>1043152
Which game? You should be able to trade rice whenever in most games.
>>
>>1040469
>>>/vg/
>>
>>1053550
SoI, figured it out after conquering the land twice and getting mad with AI placing rice dealers. Also am I being retarded for thinking the end game for most Koei strategy games is to blob? The early phases seem to be the most fun while the late game regress into slow but steady grinding of established clans/factions. Dunno, maybe I expected more from the series.
>>
>>1056215
I just do Kessen mode atleast in Rise to Power and just take whole clan territory. Don't play SoI because it's kinda meh.
>>
>>1056215
>The early phases seem to be the most fun while the late game regress into slow but steady grinding of established clans/factions
Pretty much. Early game is the most fun because everyone is still trying to establish footholds and good officers are still scattered all over the place so it's a competitive free-for-all. Whereas in end game, major factions are already formed and most often than not, most of the good officers are already under your wings so it's just a slog of you steamrolling the rest of the map the majority of the time, maybe having one or two 2 fun clashing with major factions left before they got too overwhelmed to put up a fight ever again.
>>
>>1056278
Kessen is such a great mechanic and I wish it was in more of the NA games. Rise to Power and IT can be tricky though, because just when you think you have things buttoned up, the AI flips the board and you have to fight an alliance or coalition or the western powers back a powerful rival. Love it.
>>
>>1056697
Even at high intelligence and aggression the factions seem to not even put up a fight other than regional powerhouses such as the Shimazu. My Hojo gameplay ended after 15 years of waiting for the province AI to actually do anything and marching troops from Odawara to Kyushu itself to expedite the process. I thought playing as Ashikaga and going against the Hosokawa coalition would be fun but it devolved into methodically taking out the nearest power who joined their coalition while they sat and watched.
>>1056278
After playing through this, I might actually go and play Iron Triangle though I want keyboard and mouse support. Didn't the PS2 have a keyboard and mouse addon?
>>
>>1057226
PS2 did have keyboard and mouse support.
>>
Playing sphere of influence right now. How do you end a campaign in this game?
>>
>>1058309
Conquer every single castle and fortress on the map, or conquer at least 25 castles including the capital of Nijo Castle, then declare War Ban.
>>
What's actions you must absolutely do every turn in Rise to Power? Waiting in SoI is basically
>build castle-expand roads-expand castle
>hunt officer-keep officer
Rise to Power seems to keep the population into account like ROTK 11 which I like unlike SoI which just requires you to build 4-story Tenshus
>>
File: lu bu 4.png (2.52 MB, 1920x1088)
2.52 MB
2.52 MB PNG
How do you play Nobunaga's Ambition? This sounds like an absolutely brainlet question, but I tried playing Sphere of Influence after thousands of hours into various RoTK games and it didn't feel like I was actually doing anything. The battles felt incredibly small and shallow, which I understand might be an intentional game design choice, but what else is there to do?

This isn't a shitpost, I genuinely want to get into the series but apparently lack the brain cells that are required to do so.
>>
>>1059321
Start with Lord of Darkness.
>>
>>1059321
I would try Rise to Power and see what you think. The battles were never really the focus of these games, though the ones in Iron Triangle and Tendou can get pretty intense.
>>
Anyone have experience with Taiko Risshiden V? I'm playing the DX version as Hanzo and I feel like I'm doing something wrong. It's just running around aimlessly until Sandayu recalls me to give me some random missions until a historical event happens, it just feels really restricting and I don't know how to advance or what my goal should be. Can't even leave the Iga ninja clan because Sandayu would whoop my ass the moment I dare to suggest the idea.
>>
>>1040469
I'm not a fan of Liu Bei..
>>
>>1063896
play as Hideyoshi first. He's the tutorial guy, I think.
>>
Bumping this thread until Taiko Risshiden V DX localization is announced
>>
Will the true musou emulation corruption bug in SW2 Empires ever get fixed in the future? Or is it forever unable to be fixed? Every time I get cornered because I get cocky and jump into peons or get outaggro'd by a generic and use true musou I have a 50 50 chance to crash the emulator, corrupt the save, or a second of hitching and back to normal gameplay. This really prevents me from enjoying SW2 Empires more and making me actually play DW5 Empires instead.
>>
>>1044349
One of the best games ever made. My favorite gaming memory was taking Port Moresby but watching with tears in my eyes as the Yamato sank in the harbor.
>>
>>1070913
>Losing the Yamato in harbor
Torpedo attack?
>>
>>1070913
I wish that Koei would remake it. It did somethings better than 2, such as strategic bombers actually working like they should and each base having it's own unique map.
>>
Does breeding simulation game like Winning Post count as strategy?
>>
It's memorial day, please take some time to remember your fallen campaigns.
>>
>>1074010
everything koei made goes in this thread, at least while nobody's looking
>>
>>1074010
Yes
Animal husbandry is the grandest of strategy.
>>
What Koei strategy game should I play if I enjoy collecting women?
>>
>>1044349
There were dos versions of I and II
>>
>>1074010
Has anyone here even so much touched those games to warrant posts about it?
>>
>>1076931
Genghis Khan on PC with the harem option.
>>
>>1077809
I sure haven't.
>>
>>1048465
I didn't got it ;_;
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoo34M-sU8I
>new title teased
>it's a mobage
Into the trash it goes, I guess.
>>
>>1080211
I'm sorry bro :(
>>
>>1080211
There's always next time, don't give up, anon. I wish you the best.
>>
sovl
>>
>>1043301
Yeah I remember loving to play Samurai Warriors 2 and the Empires version as your fellow allied officer is competent and your standard infantry could be aggressive. Would like to see if the special troops could be more numerous. I remember the cavalry and musketeers could be very annoying
>>
>>1040469
Anyone play Kessen 3?
I love the story, You got invested with the Fool of Owari and experiencing his journey to become Lord of Demon, plus with other Nobunaga friends and their dynamic. The cutscenes is great and You can feel they make effort for it. You fight as an unit and there some sick move with animation. Hope for a more larger battle and non linear battlefield for future installment
>>
>>1084546
It's very cool they gave each castle a unique layout
>>
>>1084591
yeah I played this game as a kid so much you wouldn't believe it. It holds a special place in my heart. I will start a new commemorative playthrough today.
>>
>>1084644
yeah. Some had very cool layout (sitting on a steep mountain, on a coastland, on a hill overlooking the sea, in a forest, etc).
>>
>>1084591
Played it a lot back in the day, absolutely loved the interpretation of Nobunaga.
>>
>>1084591
Played it way back in the day and loved it. That, a lot of SW2's stories and DW7 convinced me that Koei could do great stories and characters if they want to, and I ended up being massively disappointed for more than a decade since.

Still waiting for the long overdue Kessen IV.
>>
>>1084546
The Chad Rise to Power player.
>>
Been playing Taiko Risshiden V DX and I can't help but feel that this game is kinda a wasted potential somehow. It has a lot of good roleplaying elements, it also has a lot of good events and references some pretty obscure fun facts, but the combat is pretty bad and boring.
>>
>>1084859
>can't help but feel that this game is kinda a wasted potential somehow
that's every koei game
>>
>>1084862
Sadly I can't argue with that.
>>
File: 617AQvElgHL.jpg (83 KB, 500x470)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
Recently tried this. Gameplay is very similar to the old Koei games. You can tax, buy and sell goods to make money, persuade generals to join you and so on...but they key difference is you don't get to decide what kind of action you can take each turn, it's randomly decided for you. Pretty interesting idea for a strategy game.

Seeing as it's a handheld title, it actually does kind of make sense. You wouldn't want to sit down and think too much while playing during your commute or something.
>>
>all the old Koei RTS games are on steam
>all the ROTK games
>almost all of the Nobunaga's Ambition games, including some very obscure PS1/PS2 releases, and powerup kits that were never released in English
>even games from the fucking 1980's are in there
>Daikoukai Jidai games are also there, including the Porto Estado remaster (with additional content)

>it's all in fucking Japanese with no Eng. localizations
I hate Koei so much it's actually unreal. What a retarded company.
>>
Playing Way of the Samurai 4, what's the closest style to Mitsuhide's or any SW character for that matter so I can replicate it here?
>>
>>1085275
nothing retarded about not wanting to localize niche to begin with games which mostly sell for nostalgia value for dozen of eng only speaking autists so you'll never recoup the cost
>>
>>1085807
the localizations already exist, brainlet. they didn't bother porting them. usually because there's a PUK with some content that they didn't bother localizing (again, variable).

there's some games who had very popular global releases in the mix, like RTKXI. If Koei wanted money so bad they'd at least single out those successful games and port their translated versions.
>>
>>1085811
fair, I assumed it's same situation as with other niche JP only till recent franchises.
On other hand there can be issue that they can't legally use same translation for one reason or other. At least in an easy way.
So dozen of projected sales still not enough to bother.

Honestly logic that "if only you translate it/port it, you'll get all money in the world" is not bullet proof. You can get all the money in the world, or you can go red on your investment.
>>
>>1085814
The thing is that for all the aggressive greedy DLC business KT has been pursuing over the year, the company seems to really hell bent on not porting/remastering old classics for some reasons, a strategy that a lot of other companies resort to to make some quick bux. Though with the recent Remasters of Uncharted Water IV, Ninja Gaiden and Taiko Risshiden V, maybe they're changing their views about remastering/porting old games.
>>
>>1085944
>Though with the recent Remasters of Uncharted Water IV
they didn't port this to English though, and it flopped.
Koei has some extremely retarded and weird practices. It's identical to the idiocy that used to drive Konami. They clearly want their bux so bad, but they're too helplessly dumb and just have a randomized shotgun approach. Koei's games get discounted like what, once or twice a year?
>>
>>1085944
Honestly compared to Paradox, KT is actually tame in DLC business.
At least their DLC don't break their games as far I'm aware.
>>
>>1085949
>they didn't port this to English though, and it flopped.
Though while I do think that the chance of the game being localized is extremely slim, I think it's still too early to say anything. Koei's strategy games have always had to wait a few months to a year or two before an English localization is announced.

>Koei has some extremely retarded and weird practices.
Agreed, I still don't understand why they have stuck so much with their business of overpriced base game and aggressive DLC business while almost never put their games on sale for so long. Are they just that confident in their monopoly at certain genres or something?
>>
>>1085955
>I still don't understand why they have stuck so much with their business of overpriced base game and aggressive DLC business while almost never put their games on sale for so long.
Cause it works.
"Flopped" is what you assume, do you know hard numbers? No. No one does.
>>
>>1085275
get fucked gaijin
>>
>>1085959
not him but the Porto Estado remaster definitely flopped. It has negative reviews on steam. Unless if Koei is making some meagre profit off all these flops, it seems like they're constantly in the red. RTKXIII and XIV both had terrible receptions, and so did Nobunaga's Ambition: Taishi, and Shinsei is shaping up to be a flop on PC and console since it's mobage-concentrated trash (which should tell you enough about the future of these franchises).
>>
>>1086233
>Shinsei is shaping up to be a flop on PC and console since it's mobage-concentrated trash (which should tell you enough about the future of these franchises).
Is it? I haven't seen anything suggesting that yet but I haven't been paying too much attention to news surrounding it.
However, I must remind you that Koei does run several dedicated ROTK and Nobunaga mobage plus they've ported a number of their older games there as well. So it's not exactly as if they had to try and start making the mainline games into ones in some weird dash for an audience.
https://www.gamecity.ne.jp/catalog_sp.html?name=sp
>>
By the way, apparently Uncharted Waters Origin is out in English in some sort of Open Beta launch.
You need Australian VPN tho
>>
>>1087014
this game looks gacha incarnate
>>
>>1087105
It's not a gacha game actually.
It used to be one in the first closed beta test, but they changed to a "grinding" game which probably has its own monetary issues being a Korean game and all
>>
>>1087158
>Korean game
Why doesn't Koei bring their games back to their roots.
>>
>>1088352
licensing your not-very-used IPs is probably just good practice.
>>
>>1088404
>Ali on the top right
>Welcome to my rape dungeon. The terror on my wife's face says it all.
>>
>>1088404
>>1089124
I could write it off as iffy art if it was just the dude's face in the top right, but the wife's face as well tells me they did it on purpose.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ok3tc2jyy4
The song used in the new Shinsei's trailer is such a banger.
>>
I was thinking about purchasing the Nobunaga's Ambition titles for PS2, but before I do so I was hoping there were Anons in this thread that have played one or both of the games that could give me their thoughts. For those said people, are the games worth it? I saw that the one is a real time game, which I am slightly unsure about to be honest. That said I do want to get into Kessen so it might be a good starting point.
>>
>>1090428
>are the games worth it?
Depends on what your expectations are and how inflated the prices of the games have become. I do think both games are worth a play.

>Rise to Power (the one you posted a screenshot of)
>Combat is only okay-ish where you try to take over all of the enemy's bases in field battle or the enemy's main keep in siege battle
>one of the appeals of the game is probably how you can directly choose where to build the facilities which indirectly affect how effective surrounding facilities could be, you could also directly destroy these facilities when you invade an enemy and vice versa of course
>its biggest appeal to me is its OST and its atmosphere, which has a really nostalgic and tragic feel to it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWy3lvfxTeM

>Rise to Power
>has gameplay quite similar to tower defense where units are sent on set paths to attack a castle, but you can assign multiple officers to a unit, and these officers can chain multiple abilities together to inflict great damage to the enemy
>unit types, officers abilities, clan technologies are really varied and fun to work out the best combos, though musket-related stuff reign supreme
>due to the above points, this game and Tendou (which share similar gameplay mechanics) arguably have the best gameplay in the series
>there are very few limited empty land you can build facilities on, and different facilities may require different lands to be built upon, so figuring out how to balance farms, markets to not go into red and where to put your turrets to defend against the enemy is pretty important (at least for the early game)
>the Takeda is full of dicks

Between the 2 games, I think IT is objectively the better game, but I've always have a soft spot for RtP because it's my very first NA game and also because its OST is my definition of how a NA game's OST should be.
>>
Question, can I make discussions regarding the Sengoku or the Three Kingdoms here? Or is this thread strictly for discussing the games only?
>>
File: 1592425757305.gif (1.32 MB, 372x200)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB GIF
>>1090474
Thanks for the info bro. Your post was very helpful, I'll be picking up both games soon.
>>
>>1090638
Go ahead
>>
File: 1495849914329.jpg (67 KB, 360x512)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>1090919
Okay, so I've been playing Taiko V, and the game has one of Mitsuhide's motivations to betray Nobunaga being his want to restore the Ashikaga Shogunate, but it also mentioned that Mitsuhide held from a branch family of the prestigious Minamoto clan, and the funny thing is that the Takeda clan also originated from a Minamoto branch family too.
So I started wondering whether the destruction of the Takeda clan may have had some sort of effect on Mitsuhide, making him realized that Nobunaga must be killed to preserve the Minamoto bloodline, something that he may have missed earlier because Ashikaga Yoshiaki was only exiled, not killed. Kinda stupid, but hey, it's food for thought, I guess.
>>
>>1085618
>what's the closest style to Mitsuhide's
getting fucked in the ass
>>
>>1092061
I thought Mitsuhide's mom was held captive and Oda didn't do anything to assist and she got killed, enraging Mitsuhide.
>>
File: inindo.jpg (297 KB, 1100x803)
297 KB
297 KB JPG
Oh, the other thread died?
I haven't visited 4chan in months.

Whatever, I'm about to play Inindo
>>
>>1093522
It is one of the possible reasons, but Mitsuhide's rebellion literally came out of nowhere so no one could have really said what exactly was the trigger. I for one, am a firm believer that Mitsuhide was set up because there's no way he didn't realize that rebelling smacked right in the middle of an enemy's force without securing allies first was an absolutely idiotic idea.
>>
>>1094758
Weren't there a number of collaborators who promised to aid Mitsuhide before his rebellion, but then got cold feet and withdrew support after he had actually done the deed? Or they decided to sit on the sidelines until there was a clear winner at Yamazaki.
>>
>>1093522
This story about his mom is probably just a rumor that was created and spread through gossip after the whole thing happened, maybe years or decades later.

Mitsuhide's betrayal was an act of such magnitude, that whatever his reasoning was, it's likely that he was not motivated by a single factor.
>>
>>1093968
The other thread hit bump limit and was archived. Based game by the way.
>>
Wubros it's time to restore Wu to his rightful place. Show your ROTK campaign
>>
Always thought it would be fun to take an officer with bottom-tier stats and work my way up, but it seems like stat growth is marginal at best in Koei games. Are there any where it would work?
>>
>>1096908
When I played Nobunaga's Ambition: Lord of Darkness on SNES I did just that.

I started with a weak daimyo called Sagara Haruhiro on that little island in southern Japan partly because I wanted to build up from a weak character on a weak province and partly because I found that name very cool.
Unfortunately he starts the game in his late 40s so I didn't have much time to work on him and before I understood how the mechanics of raising skills work he died, but I chose a new character with bad stats as daimyo and built him up.
It was a fun challenge in the beginning but in these grand strategy games once you get a few territories and start to snowball it becomes trivial.

I'm gonna do another playthrough one of these days and I'll play a strong daimyo supporting the Ashikaga Shogunate, I'll try to build them up by sending tributes and see if they can conquer the map.
>>
>>1096908
Rot3K X is your game if you're into stats. I tried this strategy with a dirt poor daimyo in the Hokkaido region in Iron Triangle. It was challenging and eventually I got my ass handed to me, but the sea between Hokkaido and Honshu will act as a barrier and give you time to develop.
>>
File: Zhang_Xiu_(Liu_Biao).jpg (25 KB, 256x256)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>1096908
ROTK VI has pretty big stats growth for its characters. Those who only just came of age will have very low stats and only slowly grow into their designated stats when they hit their peak, even with top tier characters like Zhou Yu or Sun Ce.

ROTK XI also has Lu Meng being a bumping idiot with the only good things about him his above average LEA and WAR stats and his personal skills, it's only after triggering the event where Sun Quan urges Lu Meng to read more that he'd gain enormous stats boost and becomes the dadudu that we all know and love.

Also, sharing an experience playing low-tier I had too while I'm at it. One of my fondest memories of playing ROTK XI is playing as Zhang Xiu, who actually is pretty good with his above average stats, S in Cavalry affinity and Cavalry General for his personal skill, but his force only has 3 officers including himself and he starts right next to very big powerhouses including Cao Cao's force, so early game is a race to recruit free officers and migrate to another place or else you'd be steamroll by your neighbors.
>>
I found a portable version of ROTK XI PK which boots on Windows 10.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ilvz1h8uawz1z14/sanguozhi11PKWin10.7z/file

It works with the translation patch on Steam.
>>
File: 0917.jpg (232 KB, 633x900)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
>can't play the Steam version of ROTKXI on fullscreen
What the fuck? Everything just freezes when I go fullscreen, playing in Windows mode and the game runs just fine. Anyone knows what's the cause and how to fix it?
>>
>>1093522
Falsehood created after the fact.
>>
>>1100205
Which OS?

>>1101851
t. The demon king posting straight from hell
But seriously, whom fabricated this claim and why?
>>
I accidentally killed Cao Bao. Did I fucked up Liu Bei chain events?
>>
>>1102068
The Tokugawa because they're assholes and have to make everyone except them look like psychos
>>
>>1102159
You just saved the kingdom.
>>
>>1102068
Win10, which is weird because I remembered playing it in fullscreen just fine with my old laptop.
>>
>>1102471
from benevolence?
>>
damn now I killed Tao qian
>>
>>1103403
Calm your tits, Cao Cao.
>>
>>1103403
Please. Somebody stop him for the sake of the Han.
>>
File: 1512682161594.jpg (30 KB, 450x450)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>1047338
Changing jobs again fellas
>>
>>1104785
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJBnJM4Zopc
New Shinsei's trailer. I'm digging the theme song.

>>1104785
Get your life together, man. One month is barely an internship.
>>
>>1105149
Like seriously, I've been looping what little I've heard of the song for almost 30 minutes now, full song when?
>>
>>1105149
Nice artwork. Some of it is reused, but it still holds up. Going to have to see how the battles hold up.
>>
File: Huang Zhong.jpg (206 KB, 1360x768)
206 KB
206 KB JPG
>>1096908
In RoTK 13, you get hefty stat bonuses from having companions which can lead to some pretty crazy stat boosts, especially in combination with items.

Not quite what you're looking for, but in RoTK 14, if using the exp boost doctrines, the exp boost from Jingzhou and overall playing quite slow, you can get some hefty bonuses. This is Huang Zhong at the end of a 25 year campaign. He starts with 87 Leadership and 93 Strength for reference.
>>
Are the old RoTK games worth getting into?
>>
>>1105391
Yes
Start with 2 or 3.
>>
>>1106415
Thank you, I shall restore China to it's former glory
>>
>>1106851
So..you'll be Liu Bei?
>>
>>1077842
is there an english version/patch yet?
>>
File: 1584298377938.gif (2.16 MB, 480x270)
2.16 MB
2.16 MB GIF
>>1107863
>A big-eared sandalweaver doing anything of the sort
>>
operation europe path to victory has been the single strategy game I have owned that I haven't been able to make heads or tails of. I have never seen a break down of what any stats do other than what I have had to logically assume they do and something I have seen in every playthough of it is that someone has been able to consistently give orders to their units throughout a battle which I cannot do no matter what. I can give orders twice and then then no more.

Is there any real guide for this game?
>>
>>1107901
No.
>>
>>1108050
If there's nothing on YouTube or gamefaqs, then the only hope is some anon here. I haven't played it since it's NA release in the 90s and I found myself frustrated with the snail speed of the SNES version. If you can, I would try for the PC version. Much faster with more intuitive UI and looks to be a smoother overall experience.
>>
>>1042399
Why does this happen? Is it just that its coded in jap or what
>>
>>1108750
Microsoft is retarded. Always did things their own way and alaways fucked up as a result.
Games which require Japanese locale require it because strings with file paths are encoded in JIS. To an ASCII or UTF-8 (backwards compatible with ASCII so English doesn't encounter the same problem) system, that comes out to nothing but garbage and then the game crashes because it tried to open !#*_(&&#%!*$%81 instead of C:¥¥システム¥東方AV.
This was a problem for far longer than it should have been because despite being here for ages, Windows only started properly supporting it in Win7. Tons of Japanese games made before or using legacy tools which precede that will in turn just crash today unless you can tell the system to be aware of JIS. And you can only do that fully by setting the system locale to JP.
>>
>>1107863
Lol. LMAO

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.