[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 78 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Let's share your thoughts about this flc and the future of this franchise
>>
They should add land warfare like 1402 or else
>>
>>1021815
after 4 seasons and 3 years, seems unlikely to be added now... is it worth playing the old ones? only have played 2025 before 1800
>>1021804
spent way too much time over the past week on this game, first time playing since it released and pretty surprised by all the additions with the dlc. I'm wondering whether you can actually finish the game, it seems to be a never ending quest for optimisation and growth, 30 in game hours into my current playthough and I've not had time to explore the arctic or the african region
>>
>>1021804
What's with the steam icon if the game has been delisted on the platform?
>>
>>1022100
checked.
I fucking love 1404. But it might be too simple for you going to it from 1800. If you're really looking for more anno then i recommend giving it a shot
>>
>>1022142
if you bought it on steam before it went to epic you can still get the dlc on steam
>>
>>1021804
Did they ever fix the gridsgridsgridsgrids shit with this game?
>>
>>1022287
No, and they never will
>>
>>1022287
They've done all they can. Pretty much all of the population buildings don't fit neatly into the standard grid, and you get bonuses from using decorations. If you build grid cities it's on you.
>>
>>1021815
They were working on it in the alpha build but ended up cutting it to meet a deadline and to avoid technical problems. I imagine the next game should feature both hopefully. I think anno rly lacks in the combat and it rly feels half baked and worthless.

I get people want to be a city builder but the AI is dumb, and the combat is worthless. It should be expanded or at the least be on par with 2070.
>>
Never buying another Anno again, I bought Anno 1800 and it turned out to be better than 2205 (which I thankfully pirated), but this bullshit with 4 season passes is absolute jewry.

Fuck Ubishit.
>>
Did the new silver scenario and it was hard as fuck. The silver chain itself was pretty cool though. Basically focused getting as many basins up as possible before the first silver order rolled in. The hacienda farms with tractors are also incredibly strong and you want them up early. I put my city in the back of the main island so that I had the largest area possible for farms.
>>
>>1022383
Just pirate the dlc it's free content.
>>
>>1022383
>I like the game but I want them to stop supporting it
>>
>>1022182
I sometimes feel like just going back to 1404, the comfy levels are off the charts
>>
>>1022100
What kind of land warfare do you want? 1404 has military camps which are pretty much re-locatable buildings that can attack other military camps and defensive structures in their range, while 1701, 1503 and 1602 have RTS-style units (with 1602 being very simple and 1503 being fairly complex). 2070 only has ship, submarine and air combat, with quite a few different units that possess wildly different stats and abilities.
>>
>>1022284
>>1022142
Though you always need Ubisoft Connect (formerly Uplay) for the online features. Just get it on Ubisoft Connect from the start I'd say, still better than Epic.
>>
>>1021804
I now want an Anno in the 1900s with like, mid-century aesthetic and smelly American towns with milkshake stores and maybe a commie expansion
>>
>>1023181
Problem is that the most recent torrent on 1337x is from early 2021
>>
>>1023883
>tfw have to wait for empress to crack the latest seasons
>>
>>1023887
what is the current mental state of empress atm? heard they went on another autistic rant lately
>>
>>1023883
If you buy the base game you can pirate the dlc.
>>
>>1023245
something like AoE warfare, so recruiting different units from your population pool, but with the added complexities around managing production chains to manufacture weapons/armour and so on. honestly would like a mix of RTS warfare, anno and factorio
i'm not such a fan of how logistics is managed in anno, gets super complicated with different islands producing various things, maybe bc i played far more factorio but it seems way easier to control, but then i prefer having that with the human/city building and trading elements of anno
>>
>>1024561
Anno 2070 has the most complex weapon production chains and though there's nothing like recruiting your population into the military, how many units you can have is at least tied to your population numbers.
If you want a historical Anno, 1503 is the best in this department (and less complex in terms of production chains, logistics etc)
>>
>>1021804
serious lack of trains for a game set in the 1800s
>>
File: Bente's Request.png (160 KB, 264x316)
160 KB
160 KB PNG
What do you guys like for AI factions in your games?
>>
Jumping back in after a long time I like to take a 1star, 2star and 3star.
>>
>>1025165
The instant warehouse thing means there was no point.
Unless supplying oil to factories increased production like farms.
>>
>>1025622
They should've made it so goods aren't shared between warehouses, make it so you have to transport goods to the trading post if you wanted to put them on ships and such.
>>
>>1021804
>MORE content
You already almost need 4 player coop to manage every damn biome without either pausing all the time or being sweaty as fuck (NOT the comfy Anno experience).
>>
>>1022284
Does steam ever get the DLC sales? Their retarded delisting means the notifications never show up, and I feel using DLC unlockers with stuff my actual account is associated with is too risky
>>
>>1021815
land warfare was ass
>>1021804
im having fun with it currently, nothing to say just nice extra stuff to do
>>
>>1022383
>I NEED the DLC years after the game came out
>N-no I won't be buying another Anno game even though 1800 was so good
Ok retard
>>
>>1025590
Leif's hot aunt can have my sausage any time ;))
>>
>>1025590
I used to play with a full complement of AI competitors but the seemingly random war declarations just got tiring after a while, plus it started to run real slow on my toaster. Now I run a medium world with only Qing confined to a handful of islands. 1800 more so than any other game in the series is really better if you treat it as a pure city builder rather than an RTS. Pirates are enough combat for me.
>>
>>1021815
TRAINS THEY SHOULD ADD TRAINS
>>
I’m getting really bad stuttering issues in 1800 can anyone help me with this?
>>
>>1027728
Why do autistic people love trains so much?
>>
>>1027785
how much memory you got? that 8 on the recommended specs is a fucking lie.
>>1027811
CHOO CHOO :D
>>
>>1027818
I had 16gb thought that was the problem so I upgraded to 32gb, still get the same problem. The game runs it just lags a little when like placing buildings and roads can get quite annoying
>>
>>1027718
I can dig that, combat was also pretty shit. I've always preferred buying out the competition.
>>
I'm really digging the irrigation mechanic in land of lions, hope they keep adding stuff like this to the game and series.

It's definitely at its best as a logistic puzzle.
>>
>>1027825
Do you use an HDD or an SSD?
And how much VRAM do you have?
Also I would recommend restarting the PC every 4 hour session.
>>
>>1028351
SSD, I don’t know what VRAM is
>>
wtf new victoria3 dlc
>>
>>1028363
Video RAM, it's part of your graphics card
>>
>>1028363
There are 3 things that can cause lag in Anno.
RAM, if you have less than 16GB it will start to slow down now and then.
Write/Read speed, if you use an HDD you might experience a slow down when loading new data.
VRAM. If your Graphics card doesn't have enough VRAM you will experience lag and stutter when loading in graphics.
>>
>>1027106
Yes, but they're uncommon and you have to manually check. There's a dlc guide in the steam workshop.
>>
How much can 16 GB handle?
>>
>>1025590
i play without them and no pirates either, i like comfy building without having to chase fast ships around that harass my asshole
>>
>>1028812
youll be fine till mid game where youll probably want to restart every hour or two. wont be too bad until very end game.
>>
Apparently the performance issues are related to the cursor becoming animated when you hover over things which causes the frame rates to drop a lot, found a mod that replaces the animated cursor with a normal one will update if it works
>>
why play this when 1404 exists
>>
>>1029327
>why play this when an inferior game exist
yeah you tell m, retard
>>
>>1029330
1800 is the inferior game
even 2070 is better
>>
>>1029336
Sour grapes
>>
>>1025590
i'm a bit of a noob, so only play with the three easy ones (wibble, the princess ching and bente) they don't get in the way really, just a couple big islands you lose but i feel you can do without, maybe i'm wrong there though. randomly they all once declared war on me as i had no military and allied with the pirates, but they all agreed to a ceasefire pretty quick
>>
>>1028363
sdd or an NVME? i'm pretty sure the CPU is the most important thing for this game, mine with 16gb ram, i7 9th gen, NVME and with a mid range GPU runs smoothly into late game (uplay in offline mode helped as well)
>>
>>1029336
the actual shittiest opinion ive seen about anno in my life
>>
Should I completely rip up an island's populace to replace with a hacienda or should i do it piece by piece
>>
Anno 1800 is such a beautiful game really trouble with me though is I’m so much of an autist that I have to play everything on max difficulty and make everything as efficient as possible which prevents me from enjoying the beauty build aspects of the game
>>
Welp, found a bug that when ever I try to sort ships for Cape Thrawlney I just crash.
Maybe I need to load in all the map zones?
>>
File: 1557082422375.gif (1.67 MB, 332x332)
1.67 MB
1.67 MB GIF
>tfw your game grows to the point where you're no longer sure which goods are being made where or where it's transported anymore
At this point it's in God's hands if the rum runs out or not
>>
>>1029336
Hey I love 2070 but it doesnt hold a candle to 1800.

Will they ever bring back unique faction starts?
I really enjoyed that about 2070
>>
>>1030239
as long as you're not playing against grandma eventually you will earn your relax time
>>
>>1031308
I always play against Mrs Hunt, she my mortal enemy. However in my most recent game she’s not doing aswell and the admiral is attacking her constantly
>>
>>1030885
Thankfully with docklands you can just choose to ignore supply chains entirely and import whatever you need in exchange for easy exports
>>
>>1022287
>germans
>fix the grid grid grid
Come on anon, you should know better than this. That won't change even if they make ten more games.
>>
>Plan a 10,000 investor city
>Spend a week just setting up the supply for it
>Play with it for about an hour before I plan an upgrade to 50,000 investors in skyscrapers
>Spend two weeks building that
I think i'm gonna get some scholars before I go for any further upgrade since my god have my supply lines gotten complicated so any production bonus is worth chasing first.
>>
>>1023895
With Uplay R2 Unlocker, or is there something else?
>>
>60 bucks for the DLCs
>Don't want to give money to these fuckers
>Really got the city builder itch
Feels bad
>>
Cosmetic DLC vote next week
https://anno-union.com/union-update-community-challenge-results-upcoming-community-vote/
>>
>>1022284
>Epic
fucking parasite
>>
Confounded tricky this stage
>>
>>1033031
Cs.Rin has a dlc unlocked. Works with mp
>>
>>1025590
I turn off AI and pirates. I enjoy my autistic city building without worrying about shit combat
>>
Were the DLC in Season Pass 3 worth playing with? Haven't touched the game in a while, thinking of getting back into it.
>>
>>1027728
Wait this game doesn't have trains? Isn't the whole point of the 1800s the development of trains and railways.
>>
>>1035201
The series has always been about shipping goods between small islands, and trains don't really fit into that. There are technically trains that deliver oil to power plants, but they're very underwhelming.
>>
>go on new world expedition to try and snag a good island early
>alonzo comes out of the fog with 3 frigates and 3 gunboats and takes out my island
Fuck, looks like that playthrough is finished
>>
>>1035957
fuck alonzo
>>
>>1037675
>to get Infinite Items from research you need 50,000 Scholars
It never ends.
>>
>Reduced the production timer of the Fertiliser Works from 5min to 30sec and increased the building’s output storage from 1 to 5
took them a month since beta, great
>>
I want the map to be hard but I also want lots of little islands so I don’t get screwed out of limestone and copper
>>
>>1039840
So cape thrawleny but bad?
>>
>>1039955
Capes too easy, I always turn it off because the building space is infinite. I like to be restricted
>>
>>1039979
It's not that easy, since your bottle neck will always be new world goods and not space in the old world. Docklands is what makes shit easy since Gramophones especially with trade union bonuses are a 2 stage good, all made in the old world you can sell in exchange for stuff you can't get enough of in the new world.
>>
>>1040003
Yeah docklands is stupidly easy, you end up with thousands of tonnes of everything. I turn that off aswell most of the dlc doesn’t make the game more of a challenge which is what I’m yearning for
>>
>>1040016
They should have given more difficulty options for docklands. Since the idea of a wholesaler is not a bad one.
>>
>Seeds of Change is 8 Euros
>Tourist, Docklands and Highlife together is 25 Euros
>Season pass is 25 euros when it's current
So is there any point in buying the season pass if I don't get anything out of it except like 2 placeables?
>>
File: Harbour.jpg (887 KB, 1920x1200)
887 KB
887 KB JPG
>>
I bought the complete edition in a fit of madness, anything I should know as a new player (turning on or off DLC or whatever) or should I just dive into it?
>>
>>1040773
Make sure one of your enemies is the granny
>>
>>1040773
Check the NPC vendors for items. The ones that change input are very powerful and can change your whole game
>>
>>1040787
Is this granny going to push my shit in?
>>
>>1040794
Yes.
>>
>>1040773
For DLC. I would say keep Bright Harvest on even if you do a Vanilla campaign.
I would recommend you do the story line first then start a game with the DLC.
>>
>>1040894
I’ve never even done the storyline and I’ve got 200 hours in end is it any good?
>>
>>1040896
Before Cape came along it was the only way to guarantee a decent size large island with a good mix of resources and fertilities.
It's also a really good tutorial and unless my memory is wrong it should be hard coded to not let the AI in the new world before you.
>>
I know this is anno 1800 specifically but I don't want to make a new thread.
Is the Anno 2070 expansion Deep Ocean any good?
Like would it be worth it a replay of 2070 for it?
It's on 2.5 bucks right now.
>>
>>1040914
It's just more game. If you wanted to play 2070 again anyway then sure, but not worth reinstalling JUST to see the expansion stuff.
>>
>>1021804
is an i7-7700k CPU good enough for this game?
Got 32 GB of Ram and an RTX 3080 graphics card so I'm definitely fine on those two ends.
>>
Who’s the best anno 1800 YouTuber?
>>
>>1040970
Your set up is very similar to mine, runs the game fine however make sure you update your graphics card drivers i used to have alot of trouble of memory leak with last years drivers but the problem seems to be fixed now
>>
>>1040970
The game isn't CPU bottle necked so you are more than fine.
>>
>>1041123
nice
>>
complete edition is on sale for like 71 bucks. Should I just get that or get the base game and pirate the DLCS?
>>
>>10411

you can find the complete edition for 40 bucks on key sites
>>
>>1040751
https://anno-union.com/announcing-the-season-4-pass/
>Buyers of the Season 4 Pass will also be able to get all three DLCs for 24,99€/$, which represents a saving of around 10€/$ versus individual purchases.
>>
>>1040975
I don't know about best, but I've been watching Nivarias lately. For efficiency autism, Takarazuka.
>>
>>1040896
It's mostly there to teach you how to get to the Artisan tier. You do get two guaranteed islands each for the Old World and the New World. There are also some unique ornamental buildings (the courthouse in Ditchwater and the graveyard in Bright Sands) but you can't move them.
>>
>>1040975
Zazunotv is good, if only I could understand german
>>
>>1025590
I always play with Bente because the nice things she says about me and my islands breaks up the monotony of building up my latest wheat island.
>>
Does anyone have the problem with 1800 where it just doesnt click? 1404 was my first anno game and i played it for ages. I played 2205 and 2070 and i felt those game clicked to an extent but i just cant get 1800 to click with me at all. Its a very nice game but something about it just stops me from being able to dump hours into it like the others
>>
I wish the devs would connect the regions a bit better. Have the land of lions stuff connect with the arctic or something like that. Make it optional and it could be a fun challenge
>>
>>1041173
Every one I've seen that low is non-US
>>
>>1043046
Land of Lions feels half arsed.
Brand new construction materials, for a 2 tier zone where even if you get all the DLC you only have use for 1 Raw Resource outside of the Scholar class and Arcades/Restaurants.
>>
File: CDLC_vote_2022_header.jpg (543 KB, 1440x520)
543 KB
543 KB JPG
>>1033841
Cosmetic DLC vote is active
https://anno-union.com/vote-for-2022s-third-cosmetic-dlc/
>>
>>1043181
Land of Lions is alright, at least scholars themselves are a nice little project to develop and the ability to print legendary TU/TH characters on demand makes the effort feel worthwhile. Compare to the Arctic which, in the absence of other DLCs, you sink a lot of time, money and goods into JUST for gas power.
>>
It’s all about those hops
>>
File: Spoiler Image (92 KB, 1280x720)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>1043815
>Arctic
explorer guy should have found that trade route. and you would have to build and maintain it. WITH TRAINS
>>
>>1044695
>with trains
Though autistically cool, that kinda goes against the point of such a passage
>>
>>1023246
nah, i dont care if u still need ubisoft connect or not. the point is steam deck
>>
>>1043184
What kind of redit faggot votes for "save me niggerman" pack?
Nature pack would be best but old town is fine too.
>>
>>1044850
Gothic architecture is great, "Eldrich" is just a weird name for the pack.
>>
>>1044850
Gothic would be cool on its own, but just doesn't fit with thr game. Old Town is nice, but it's the sort of thing you'd build in one spot and that'd be it.
Nature pack would be good for creating parks of all sizes
>>
>>1044855
>>1044856
As I understood it, basic gothic elemtns will be part of the old town pack anyway. Eldrich is over the top gargoyles and cthulu statues.
>>
>>1044845
You can play Anno 1800 on Steam Deck because you can install Ubisoft Connect on there. But I doubt it can handle the late game well, and the many menus might be annoying to use.
>>
How is 2070 worse than 1404 if it came out after? And for that matter why is 1404 still so good?
>>
>>1045837
Rose tinted glasses to some degree.
1404 and 2070 are pretty close in enjoyment for me, 2070 has simpler supply chains which is the only thing holding it back. 1800 with all DLCs has surpassed it now imo
>>
I've been playing through the 1800 story campaign and I'm having fun, am I right in thinking that the way to develop your main island is to offload most of the production that supports less profitable populations off of it as soon as you can? It looks like some things are locked off in the story so I can't see what requirements there are beyond artisans, but things like the attractiveness level suggest that you want to get rid of the smelly farmers as soon as possible
>>
>>1046375
Don't worry too much about that, every strategy has its advantages and drawbacks. Spreading population around makes your supply chain more conplex, but concentrating population will hit you harder with royal taxes. You'll be able to build a commuter pier that unites islands' labor pools, but those are costly.
Do try to get a high attractivness island going though, as you get specialist items from tourism.
>>
>>1045837
I like 2070 more than 1404. Both are good though, and you can't deny there's a certain charm to 1404's setting that still makes it stand out from 2070.
>>
>>1046375
The game incentivizes you to do so as once you have enough influence tied into Island control you get 200 workforce of all types sans any housing. And with 200 work you can get quite a bit of production done.
>>
Is Seeds of Change worth the money? What are the highlights of the new world changes?
>>
>>1047167
Do you want to double production of all farms new/old and have all production of New World needs in the New World?
The Halenciadas are in gameplay purposes a mix of Palace and Multifactories and promote plantations for production spread.
>>
>>1047228
Sounds like it would make the game easier, I want it to be more difficult
>>
>>1047602
By the looks of it the fertilizer production is very space ineficient and has no workers Union items. You need 1 Fertilizer plant and 2 animal farms per 1 field farm.
The Haleciandas building area is also a limiting factor.
>>
>>1047614
Fertiliser works were just buffed in the last patch to produce 10 times faster, so they can supply 10 farms. Animal farms produce dung every 3rd cycle, so you need 3 alpaca farms or 6 cattle farms to supply one fertiliser works. Also, I think generic "production building" items affect fertiliser production.
On the other hand, hacienda residences are actually less space efficient than normal residences. Although they have double the population, they're also 4x4 instead of 3x3 so they take up nearly as much space per person and they have new needs that require you to use up more space on farms and distilleries.
>>
>>1047636
all of which will probably work a lot better once the map gets updated in the later dlc
>>
I actually managed to get a trade agreement with granny early on, now it’s time to milk her for those sweet sewing machine profits
>>
>you can be permanently locked out of the high life storyline by not noticing the 2 minute duration mission where you have to catch a vandal
Thanks, very cool.
>>
I love this game so much but I can’t play for long before getting brain fog, there’s so many things that need setting up and attending to all the time
>>
>>1049021
You don't get fully locked out.
You just miss a Legendary Union Item.
>>
Decided to backstab Willy after he got kicked off from his starting island by O'Mara and now Qing is at war with me despite our alliance...
Story campaign btw.
>>
What does it mean when "this resource never gets unloaded"? I can't set up trade routes even though I have the prerequisite materials
>>
>>1053318
It means you're loading the good into the ship, but you're not unloading it anywhere.
>>
>>1053323
Oh I'm dumb
thanks
>>
>>1052345
Qing probably had an agreement with Willy or just liked him better.
That, or you decided to get friendly with pirates, which she hates.
>>
>>1022100
you should play 1503 anon, whole game is hand drawn kino
soundtrack is fucking brilliant as well
https://youtu.be/wgJ_mEWbtiQ
>>
>>1027785
>stuttering issues
update the gpu drivers, solved my close to 2min boot problem on an ssd
>>
>>1053563
1503 is weird, but the good kind of weird. And if you like RTS combat, it's probably the best in the series alongside 2070.
>>
I like Anno but I'll never give Ubishit my money again. Will wait for the crack
>>
>>1021804
How the hell do I make money in the campaign
>>
>>1055582
drinks and selling ships
>>
>want to have a comfy game without any hostiles
>my autism prevents me from building aesthetic cities, can only go for the minimax 9 tile squares
life is suffering
>>
>>1055750
Palace DLC really helps since on the boosted range promotes spreading stuff out
Still built a a main grid square to house about 50,000 investors for that sweet ifluence
>>
I'm having trouble optimizing trade routes to supply my capital. Is there a way (beside chronomtring that shit myself) to tell how long a ship will take to do a loop of a route, in order to know how many I need to assign to it in order to not waste production?
>>
>>1056522
The ledger tab should show you the spikes of supply over time
>>
I just unlocked engineers and my starting island is fuck and an old bitch owns most of the old world.
She wants to own all the old world.
>>
>>1056845
Build a lot of defenses on your island and she won’t attack, then get ship of the lines and start taking small islands off her. She mainly attacks where you are weakest watch out of the granny sneak attacks
>>
>>1056885
I'm currently running a -1600 deficiet and configuring my island since this is my first time reaching engineers (usually I go broke at Artisans) . Have all the materials outside of some new world ones I think like Coffee as part of my trade network with a sizeable island if I can find the right items to product what I don't normally have to move onto next tier. But I am right now trying to power my old world capital island to start saving on some space which means moving farms around.
>>
>>1056897
My tip for you is that unless you run into some AI like granny trying to fuck you in the ass always stockpile a lot of money before progressing. Pops only grant you money when most of their luxury needs are met and the houses are at full capacity
>>
>>1056909
I am not running an issue on money right now while at peace. Pirates are kinda annoying but two frigates to guard the clipper seems to work. Have my ship of the lines patrolling a frequent passage area. But if I end up at war with another company all of my trade routes explode into microhell.
>>
>>1056911
With 4 upgraded ships of the line all carrying some form of mortar you can destroy the pirate bases
>>
>>1056915
Pirates aren't so much my worry. more so my supply lines would be fucked because of what islands I have and where they are. The Trade routes between my islands all go before AI harbors full of cannons.
>>
>>1056915
What happens if you destroy the pirate base? I usually just end up trading with her
>>
>>1056926
They go away for two hours then they come back with 3 ships that are scaled to try and rebuild the base, then you have 30 minutes to stop them if you fail they come back.
>>
I expelled every peasant & worker from Crown Fall, relying only the other island for that manpower. Is it realistic to do the same for artisans, or does it involves some nerve-wrecking minmaxing?
>>
>>1056945
Artisans need New World imports and some space-intensive local products, so off-shoring them is a bit of a pain.
>>
>>1056945
Artisans overlap with Engineers for needs and luxury. So it's counter productive.
Best way to do it from my experience is an island of farmers. An island of workers. And then the main island of arti, engin and investors.
>>
>still 0 screenshots of the new content
i guess its a skip
>>
>>1056959
The Hallenciads or the Airships?
>>
>>1021804
future doesn't matter
it peaked at 1404
>>
>>1056984
>>
I can never expand fast enough to get good islands in the new world. Always forced to buy one from the AI.
>>
>>1058105
Why buy when you can take?
>>
>>1058126
Less micro from AI fucking up my trade routes between islands. Playing on hard so low fert with small islands make trading nessecary.
>>
>>1058129
Playing on hard is the only way to play, if I play easy with hops fertility on my main island I feel like I’ve cheated
>>
>>1058148
I tried to get more aggressive, but I probably relaxed getting supply lines going I didnt get an island with sugar/corn/cacoa in New World.. But trying to buy the shares led to wars anyways. The cape has a lot more spots open. But I almost feel like cheating getting that massive island.
>>
>>1056845
Happened to me. Switched everything to war time production constantly producing sales and cannons. Was shitting out pirate frigates 2 at a time (better dps per influence) and sunk her fleet and conquered everyone of her fucking islands in ebbessa, new and old world and the cape. Got asked for a peace deal after each island I demolished, rejected them all.
Take the war pill bro.
>>
File: 1.jpg (1.83 MB, 1920x1036)
1.83 MB
1.83 MB JPG
Finally ending my deficit thanks to the palace wing bonuses. Once I finish the world' s fair I'll pick a new dlc region to explore. Which one should I try first?
>>
>>1058105
just send a boat or two with extra steel. all you need to do is claim the islands. you can just sit on them empty for a while before bothering to build on them.
>>
>50k investors
>nearly all items discovered
>Monuments built
>palace on prestige 3
What to do next? Wait for the next expansion?
>>
I dislike playing with AI because it makes the game more of a RTS where you're essentially on a timer and can lose if you don't keep up with their expansion.

However if I don't play with AI, then all the combat aspects and items are rendered useless

What do I do?
>>
>>1060041
Have one or two 2 star AI, then have the others be 1 stars like Bente. Or play with 1 stars alone, and content yourself with missions and fighting pirates.
>>
>>1060041
I find pirates to be sufficient. It forces you to build at least SOME combat ships to serve as escorts/patrols, alongside the production chains required to make them. Even steam-based battleships can be useful, as Battlecruisers can shut down a significant area of the map.

>>1060017
>fill every space on your main island
>build up other islands once that's done
>reach investors on every island in the game
>or just start over and do it all over again
>>
Currently got a cracked version with up to season 2 dlcs. Is it worth it to buy the base game then use the dlc unlocker for seasons 3 & 4? It's on sale right now
>>
On the 4th phase to building the world's fair and found out only investors from the island it's being built on count towards the workforce.
Wtf
>>
>>1062338
>workforce
Or unlock condition, actually. I have only 4 investor buildings compared to the 1.3k on my tallest island
>>
>>1062343
1.3 investors*
>>
What region do you dislike the most?
For me it's Africa
>>
>>1062370
Artic

Africa is a pain in the ass to set up, but it's not nearly as aids as the shitty radius of heating in the artic, and the requirement to heat *everything*
>>
>>1062343
Makes sense, to be honest. Otherwise you'd just need one island to unlock World's Fair on all islands.
>>
>>1062370
arctic. Id really like it if there was content to get out of it or a reason to be there. but once you're done with the story its entirely pointless
>gas
a bitch and a half to setup. I just take the two free airships and leave
>>
That DLC that adds power plants to the New World can't come fast enough. It's ridiculous how many coffee breweries I have to build to meet demand.

>>1062644
You can only have one World's Fair per game anyway so that's a moot point.
>>
>>1062700
You can compensate the coffee thing by getting the Mola Cola invention from the artic and centralizing your Champagne production.
>>
>>1062669
I'm partial to gas because it would alleviate the clusterfuck of oil railways on my capital, and allow a more intensive investor megalopolis

Still can't be assed to exploit it beyond just getting enough for more airships, tho.
>>
>>1062810
For me with the Highlife DLC I only ended up losing 8 skyscrapers for getting the railway to the power plant.
>>
Is the complete edition worth it? It's pretty expensive even on sale, but if the DLC add actually worth it shit I'm down for it.
>>
>>1063376
I'm gonna rate the DLC and other can chip in.
>Must Have
Bright Harvest
It's basically necessary and gives engineer tier something useful to do
>Good DLC
High Life
Sky scrapers are nice, really fulfilling to upgrade to and their increase needs are offset by the bonuses of department stores which synergize with all DLCs
Tourist Season
A new population tier that synergizes with the others and gives more usefulness to guests and attractions like zoos.
Seat of Power
For such a small DLC it allows you to get soo much out of both attractiveness and population.
Seeds of Change
It gives even more synergy between the old and new world but feels a bit lacking and I think they split the new world rising in two by creating this.
Land of Lions
While a new area sounds nice, for all intents and purposes you won't be using it for much more than doing the quest line. The quest line is fun and lasts about as long as the main campaign. But the meat and potatoes are Scholars which allow you for a great price to further optimize production lines
Okay DLC
Sunken Treasures
Scavenging is a nice way to occupy time as cities build and Cape Trawleny is a really good map.
Botanica
It's like a Zoo but with plants and like half the sets. It's not bad and the music pavilions with music from previous games is nice but you can take it or leave it.
The Passage
A new area with a good but short quest line with the most annoying scavenging mechanic. The only things you get from it that are worth it are Airships, Gas and a slightly more efficient Gold Source.
Docklands
It's strange I like the DLC a lot and use it a lot but I recognize that it breaks the fuck out of balance. Since it allows you to simply use a high tier pure old world good like Gramophones to purchase all that is needed to make said Gramophones and then to purchase hard to get stuff like Coffee. It's a great idea I just think they need more balance features, also it doesn't synergize with the Arctic or Seeds of Change.
>>
>>1063376
Besides the first season, the DLC are excellent. However I'd recommend against buying all of them straight up, unless you already played and really enjoyed previous Anno games.
The base game is huge, and just seeing all it has to offer would take you say, 80 hours. Get the DLC only if it's a possibility for you to play quite a lot more than that.
>>
>>1063393
You can turn off all DLC when you make a game.
I recommend turning all but Bright Harvest and maybe Botanica off for your first game and just do the campaign.
>>
I've never played the Anno games, to which game/series would you compare 1800? Sim City? City skylines?
>>
File: Pharaoh_image11.jpg (278 KB, 1024x768)
278 KB
278 KB JPG
>>1063501
None of the above. It is closer to Pharaoh. You manage production lines and occasionally upgrade citizen dwellings. Only, of course, Anno has other mechanics as well.
>>
>>1063501
Anno is more focused on production lines & importing/exporting goods but you can make some good looking cities
>>
>>1063510
So like factorio
>>
>>1063580
Kinda, different pops require different products, and those products require different raw materials. And you'll need to settle in different islands and set up trade routes since your starting location won't have everything you need. There's also a bit of an RTS element with the rival AI and pirates but you can just stick with low difficulty if competing for resources isn't your thing.

Base game is on sale right now on Epic & Ubi store, it's pretty sizeable even without DLCs
>>
>>1063642
>Buying games
>>
>>1063659
most anno players can afford to pay for their crack cocaine masquarading as a video game, also the game functions badly when pirated
finally the game took a long ass time to get cracked which is why a lot of us bought it
>>1063508
this, or factorio
>>
Do the trees (re)grown by lumberjack huts and hunting cabins count towards natural attractiveness? I like the look of them more than temperate groves, since the latter has an awful griddy look with their soil textures
>>
>>1063702
I think so, but you get less attractiveness than you would if you put down ornaments. They also have to be at least one tile away from any buildings or roads. There's a tree painter in the farmer building section that plants those trees, by the way, so you don't have to place lumberjacks to get them.
>>
>>1063659
Cracked version only has up to season 2 dlcs, there's a DLC unlocker for all season but you need a legit copy of the base game for that
>>
>>1063684
What do you mean by "functions badly"? I have a cracked version and I haven't run into anything game breaking yet.
>>
>>1063684
>the game functions badly when pirated
I played the vanilla ubistore version, then the pirate + 2 season pack version, then the legal +all DLC version, and the pirated one ran the best.
>>
>>1063684
>the game functions badly when pirated
it runs better without the drm. what on earth are you smoking.
>>
>>1063717
>>1063787
>>1063852
some things in the game cannot be placed if i recall correctly, mostly stuff in the "ubisoft club" tag
tho i could be confusing it with anno 2070 and how cracking that made you unable to use trade routes
>>
>>1063715
also this, there is 2 more seasons that you can't get if you crack the game
>>
>>1063873
lrn2pirate
Ubisoft club decor is usable, you just need to replace an .ini or some other shitty file to unlock it.
>>
>>1047636
You do actually save a ton of space with the Hacienda, not because of the quarters, but because the farms require way less farmland than the regular non-hacienda farms do.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.