[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

How fares your post-apocalyptic regime? Also have you played multiplayer? Is anyone interested in creating a multiplayer hub in Discord that is free of trannies? The officially endorsed one has been taken over them.
>>
webm's can be made by turning on the game's screenshot feature which saves an image of the world at the end of every turn and combining them into a video
>>
>>
>>
File: Nuke to Hell.png (3.01 MB, 1920x1080)
3.01 MB
3.01 MB PNG
haven't played in a while but I think Vic completely nailed the atmosphere of the game. I just wish campaigns weren't so long. Back to MoO2 I go, where I can finish a game in one sitting. (sorry to hijack, but what are some other 4x games I can finish in one sitting?)
>>
>>1021248
Have you tried multiplayer yet? There's nothing quite like butting heads with another player in a total war
>>
>>1021257
I have not, is it PBEM? I've never done PBEM but I imagine games must take forever. AI in Shadow Empire doesn't seem completely terrible but yea I bet playing against a human is a lot more fun and challenging.
>>
>>1021263
Yeah it's done through PBEM. As long as you get around the long turn times (1 per day) it's pretty thrilling. Actually I went ahead and made a Discord server for like-minded individuals who were booted out by the trannies who infest the officially endorsed one. I know we don't like Discord precisely because of trannies, but few platforms are as convenient when you're swapping turns around all the time. Additionally it's easier to find a replacement when anons inevitably start staling and drop mid-game: https://discord.gg/rPKnHHKCXt
>>
>>1021079
>ESL finds a way to shoehorn trannies into any discussion
theres a reason you're below them on the totem pole
>>
File: 無題.png (1.11 MB, 1366x768)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB PNG
Do you rename your models?
>>
What’s this game?
>>
File: unknown.png (2.4 MB, 1366x768)
2.4 MB
2.4 MB PNG
>>1021487
Shadow Empire, a 4x gsg wargame set in a post-apocalyptic science fiction setting. Play on a procedurally generated planet with a customizable military and deep logistics system that tracks every truck and how much of a resource it carries. Fun in singleplayer, extremely fun in multiplayer. Kind of like Dominions, except the warfare is modern.

In pic related match I made 3 strategic headquarters. The one farthest from the front line mass produced mostly metals; the middle used these resources to create tanks and guns; and the final one created ammo and supplied my entire military with their operational needs. Only possible thanks to geography and a lot of turns spent clearing the wilderness of hostile aliens and human barbarians to get the trains and truck stations needed to support all of it up and running. Must have had 300,000 troops and a thousand tanks, which, for the game's standards (normally worlds dont have more than 4 million total pop) is pretty massive. The smallest unit controllable is a 500-man battalion.
>>
File: unknown.png (2.06 MB, 1366x768)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB PNG
>>1021506
The operational wargame layer and logistics simulation, plus the procedurally generated worlds (maps) set it apart from other strategy games and makes it pretty unique. Additionally you design your own military through editing weapons systems models and formations. In multiplayer, your doctrine and execution of it is put to the test. There's nothing quite like it.
>>
>>1021079
>Is anyone interested in creating a multiplayer hub in Discord that is free of trannies?
Yes
>>
>>1021274
Okay I joined in solidarity. I'm not actively playing at moment but will once the naval patch is our and would be nice to have this place for it.
>>
i wish i had a better PC, because this gets quite laggy for me after a couple of turns in, kino game though
>>
>>1021487
Shadow Empire is a deep turn-based 4X wargame with a unique blend of military focus, procedurally generated content and role-playing features.

Shadow Empire places you into the seat of the supreme ruler of a small nation. Destiny and greatness awaits if you succeed in reconquering a devastated planet. Plunge into an alien universe and explore another world in a dark and unforgiving future.

Take command and engage in great military conquests and delicate diplomacy. Control your nation’s budgets, recruit and manage governors and commanders, build your economy and infrastructure and much more.

Shadow Empire is one of the most ambitious games VR Designs has ever made. It is a rich experience and a truly unique game. One that is unlike any you have ever experienced before.
>>
>>1022170
...and it was a good friend.
>>
>>1022170
based and I read that in his voice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8XAh8Wii4k
>>
>>1021487
It is a blend of 4x, wargames, and democracy 3, with an ingame backstory that is mostly generic with the occasional dip in time cube style schizophrenic nonsense.
For example, you have pontual cities that you can create/conquer/convince to join you and improve with buildings as well as research and unit building(the 4x aspect), but these units are structured in chain of command and have actual internal components that involve themselves in combat, and they need actual supply(food/ammo/fuel) and reinforcements, which is done by a logistical network that can be disrupted by encirclements and bombing(the war game aspect), while you also need to handle your nation political and social culture, as well as its budge and taxes, and if you fuck it up they will rise against you(the democracy 3 aspect).
>>
>>1022550
>pontual cities
wut
>>
how much of a learning curve does this game have? do i have to go scavenging posts in obscure forums or watch 240p lets plays to grasp more complex game concepts or will i be taught the game by the game?
>>
>>1022550
How interesting is the social culture component? I watched some of the DasTactic video when it came out but he never got into it as far as I saw.
>>
>>1021540
I don't think a better PC makes much difference, the ai is painfully slow and I have a great one. Probably just shitty code
>>
>>1023342
The game teaches you nothing and manual has a bunch of holes. The let's plays are at least 720p though.
>>
>>1023342
Play the game with the manual open for any questions you might have. I never needed to watch an hours long youtube series
>>
File: 無題.png (2.31 MB, 1366x768)
2.31 MB
2.31 MB PNG
So begins a lengthy siege. Or hopefully a one turn grab with reclaimed GR laser rifles.
>>
>>1021281
you're a bigger faggot than either of them
>>
>>1024486
>reclaimed GR laser rifles
finding those shits early on is always very nice
>>
just got the game, any videos for a beginner or any mods I should know about??
>>
>>1021281
>tranny feels threatened by literally any space being created without them in mind
>>
Navies when?
>>
File: design mockup ver 2.jpg (196 KB, 1251x861)
196 KB
196 KB JPG
>>1025282
We need a better model designer first, especially for the air units. I can only imagine that naval units will be just as bad, if not worse, when it comes to number of interconnected design choices. (mockup from the forums, not mine)
>>
File: 無題.png (949 KB, 1366x768)
949 KB
949 KB PNG
>>1024486
Ah hell, hopefully they'll surrender after next turn's assault
>>
>>1025187
Mods, not so sure. As for videos, people have pointed to TortugaPower's playthroughs to reference while playing the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWiB-35dtZU&list=PLuXzIAdwiCCyhzsXOq5Lzd-Bj2znAuRh_
>>
>>1025752
Yeah I'm going to watch the vids, I'm struggling with supply on my first run
>>
File: 無題.png (926 KB, 1366x768)
926 KB
926 KB PNG
>>1025739
Very close, but they ended up running in the end.
>>
>>1025752
>>1026239
just make sure these are after they changed the way traffic signs work or else you'll be even more confused
>>
>>1021079
>pick this up and start my first game
>starts me off in literal tundra with only ice and oil
> try to be as much of a ass kissing politician I can
>Can't create buildings because no resources
>accidentially start a war with a minor faction
>pretty much just a stalemate, i'm mogging them in terms of units but they just keep trying to do a mad dash around my units
>In comes some motherfucker literally named the reich,completely anally rapes me with a deathball of 75
>die
How do I git gud?
>>
>>1026546
Sometimes in this game you just can't, especially at the early game, when you can get graped by sentient aliens with lasguns
>>
Can someone explain the phenomenon how flushed, starved and outnumbered militia keep winning defensive battles?
>>
>>1026788
Attacking is really hard, defending is really easy
>>
>>1026788
You tell me
in all seriousness, dont even think about attacking enemy infantry without proper artillery preparation
>>
>>1026546
>How do I git gud?
Pray for metal mine or at least ruins somewhere nearby. If there are none of those in the vicinity then re-roll the map.
The map gen doesnt really take "balance" into consideration
>>
Can someone explain source units? What's their point?
Are they just HQ units or something?
>>
>>1021079
What kind of planet should I create for my first game? I know I want to choose siwa class and no sentient life but I'm not sure what options to roll for when it comes to geology, planetology and colonization.
>>
File: D145_52_207_1200.jpg (123 KB, 1200x800)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>1021079
how can I play this game for free sirs?
I want to test the game before I spend my precious shekels on it.
>>
>>1026546
>>1027115
You're gonna want to play on Beginner difficulty on a Siwa or otherwise earthlike world with high colonial population for your first games. Even then people play multiplayer on Beginner because it provides a balanced start (guaranteed metal mine).
>>1027138
There's a gog-games upload that's patched to the latest version
>>
>>1027199
On torrent
>>
this game looks interesting. can i play on a dune-style world?
>>
File: Screenshot_7.png (126 KB, 301x241)
126 KB
126 KB PNG
>>1027478
update: got this roll
>>
File: 無題.png (2.26 MB, 1366x768)
2.26 MB
2.26 MB PNG
>>1026396
Oh god damn it
>>
>>1023385
Its not existent, each city has a "culture". They have 2 parameters, fertility that determines how quickly they multiply and ferocity that determines how rebellious they are.
>>
How to raise non-infantry/mechanized infantry units? I made bikers but they are stuck in the SHQ
>>
>>1027936
Make Supreme Command council that will research various OOBs.
You can make bikers or recon buggies as independent units but they dont exist in any formations unfortunately. If you want then you can later assign independent formations to existing ones (2 to be specific).
>>
File: 1234.png (3.32 MB, 1530x1431)
3.32 MB
3.32 MB PNG
>>1027936
>>
>>1027944
>>1027940
I don't have any of those independent formations. what's OOBs?
>>
>>1027948
>OOB
Order of Battle
Basically units formations, so Infantry Brigades for example with is made of smaller infantry Battalions.
So in Shadow Empire you can rise Infantry Brigade with is made out of 5 infantry Battalions.
Or you can rise one independent Battalion that has no HQ and can act independently or be attached to existing Brigade.
>>
>>1027955
Thanks, it reminds me of hoi4's
>>1027944
I forgot to checkmark the independent box, thanks!
>>
wtf does alien tissue nutrition do
>>
>>1028216
Modifies the food output of xenofarms
>>
>>1028230
Thanks, thought it affects the chance of having hunters in planet generation.
>>
my population keep decreasing, how do i know why that happens?
>>
File: Untitled.png (900 KB, 1811x340)
900 KB
900 KB PNG
>>1028467
Mouse over population window, it should tell you why it increases or decreases
>>
>>1028500
thanks!
>>
How the fuck do I make money? I keep sending colonists to join the pop but i'm still hundreds of creds in debt every turn and i'm devaluing the cost of materials by selling my surplus.
>>
ayo anons. i recently learned that i can destroy forests with the open farm areal hex growth. can i force my private economy to build the farms in new cities i found or will i need to make the agricultural facility myself?
>>
File: Screenshot_9.png (1.37 MB, 1178x726)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB PNG
why i can't raise this formation despite having everything needed?
>>
>>1029118
>>
>>1029027
invest in your private economy and increase taxes (either sales or income taxes via cards)
you can allocate funds to each zone for each turn if you talk to the governor of that zone. i like doing 10 per turn for each zone because it slowly builds up private economy buildings as needed
>>
>>1029118
you need to build it on a tile that actually has the logistics to receive everything required to make the unit
>>
>>1029139
>>1029120
thanks. what's the difference between railheads and railstations? I can see there's a huge difference in maglevpoints but how does it work exactly
>>
>>1029267
You start with a railstation but you extend with railheads Basically the truck stops and supply stations of trains
>>
>>1029278
so should i put the railheads on each big node of supplies? or how do i go about it. also how to increase PP production
>>
>>1029267
Rail stations provide rail logistics points. Railheads give rail logistics a point to connect to. City A with a rail station can link with City B that has a railhead. The maximum range of a rail station is more or less 20 hexes. Railheads do not meaningfully extend a rail station's range.
>>
>>1029326
Thanks. Does Blitzkrieg work on motorized units? or its only on armored units like tanks and apcs
>>
Do minor factions die from being cut off from their supply or is it pointless?
Because I'm tired of half my army babysitting mudfarmers that can beat back tanks and machineguns.
>>
>>1029408
They do, but it works differently compared to major factions. As long as a hex path can be traced from a unit to a zone capital, minor regime armies are always in supply. For major regimes, the more complex logistics ruleset (same one the player has) is followed.
>>
>>1029322
>also how to increase PP production
Invest in beurocracy buildings and uh, fiddle around with supreme command center org I forgot which one works on giving you a big pp
>>1029364
Blitz work on all mechanicals including walkers.
>>
So what should I be doing with HQ units? Leave them in the shq or...?
>>
>>1029444
Keep them close to frontline, they give bonuses to the units in same formation
>>
>>1029444
Keep them within 4 - 5 hexes of their subordinate units so their leaders can apply bonuses (if he rolls any) to his troops in combat. Your SHQ leader also rolls for bonuses but unlike OHQ's he has unlimited range. Good SHQ and OHQ leaders will synergise to form unstoppable brigades.
>>
>>1021337
I lack the imagination to do so
>>
>>1029624
>I lack the imagination
Play any RTS game and blatantly copy up their themes and naming conventions
Works on my machine
>>
>>1021337
Yeah, I don't like the names that the units have by default.
>>
File: Capture.png (1.91 MB, 1920x1080)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB PNG
>>1029645
Forgot pic
>>
Who do I hire and beat into a certain priority to get anyone worth a damn?
My offices are filled with literal who's
>>
>>1021248
Conquest of Elysium 5
>>
>>1029684
Interior council so you can play the recruit civilian or recruit talent stratagems from democracy and meritocracy respectively. You can also gamble on recruit seniors to get a highly skilled/experienced but not necessarily high capacity leader.
>>
>>1029037
You can play a card you get randomly from deleting cards to make them do it or you can just wait for them to be hungry enough to make it while providing them enough cash to make it. As for a farm over a food dome, building the farm yourself is probably better.
>>
>>1029724
Yeah thats the thing. I want to force them to specifically build the regular farm so that i can kill the most hated trees. But the game seems to prefer the domed community farm over it. Can the private economy build both ?
>>
>>1030140
if the planet is suitable for open farming they'll build open farms
>>
>>1030197
Even if they built a dome farm already?
>>
>>1030211
could buy it and demolish it in that case
>>
How to get a higher percentage of Farmers after the Dissolution war ? Scavengers are boring because they don't live in cities
>>
>>1030570
Have you tried turning Haven of Calm on?
>>
>>1030572
No

I just want more farmers to conquer theres too much land thats uninhabited or inhabited by a scav faction with no city
>>
>>1030576
If you want more zones and therefore factions, try turning on Survival Stress during planet gen. Haven of Calm will also give you more Farmers. Having high pre-apocalypse pop will also help a lot.
>>
what title do you use for your state? a generic president or king etc or make up new ones or obscure titles?
>>
It triggers me how the icon in the flag is too small in the top left of the screen.
>>
>>1030747
Whitest Man
>>
>>1029326
Basic rail has 100 AP which is 25 tiles of full LP, and another 25 tiles of degraded LP. MagLev has 200 points which is 50 tiles and then another 50 degraded. There's no (small, normal) map so big that a single MagLev station at your capital won't supply everything you need, as long as you route your rails logically.
Railheads just give a destination for the rail LP, so you can have a rail that routes through several cities and then a railhead at the end and everything in between will benefit from all the LP that is flowing through to the railhead.
>>
>>1030747
The Shabbiest Goy
>>
>>1030747
One of my friend's made his Gigachad so it says "You are the gigachad" which I thought was kinda funny.
I either go with Sky Marshal(like the leader in starship troopers(the book I don't remember if their leader has the same name in the movie or not)) or some form of Director, Head Councilman, or Chairman because of all the council management. Maybe CEO would be a good one to try at some point.
>>
File: jpg.png (239 KB, 676x380)
239 KB
239 KB PNG
>>1030747
"Bloatlord"
>>
Did they change something about model design? My structural seems to change between revisions and I don't know if it's supposed to do that now, if there's some weird bug or I am simply missing something crucial.
Last played right when they added air.
>>
Is it feasible to play 1v1? I've heard that AI is very poorly done and has to cheat on many levels.
>>
>>1030747
CEO of Based
>>
>>1030579

So it totally worked and theres a much higher farmer %, but now
>>
File: unknown.png (33 KB, 210x97)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>>1031780

didnt attach pic
>>
I have two friends who own this game and find it somewhat enjoyable, and my brother occasionally tries it out using the family share library.
How do I convince them to do a pbem game with me? None of them want to because they don't like the idea of having to pass the save file around, which I don't understand as that seems like a very minor reason to object to trying it out
>>
Lads, do you listen to the base game soundtrack or play something in the background?
I usually turn off the music on most strategy games I play and play some tunes.
>>
>>1031830
>How do I convince them to do a pbem game with me?
Dress up like a girl and promise to blow them.
>>
>>1021506
As someone who has just had their eye caught by this for the first time, is there any sort of internal management or is it all wargame? I see some different names for people's realms. Is there actual differences or just flavoring?
>>
>>1031830
What you don't know is they have been playing a game in secret all along.
They just don't want you in.
>>
>>1032123
The focus is on wargaming, the game shares engine and developer with some WW2 autism simulator I forgot the name of. It will be unlikely you will find yourself at prolonged peace and if you do you're preparing for war. "Victory condition" is being last guy standing, you can technically achieve it at least partially with diplomacy but it's mostly conquest. However there is a lot of internal management, from basic economy (including a private sector) to diplomacy, politics, even human resources management and whatnot. It's a lot of numbers, the UI is not the best and don't expect too much good flavor, but it is there.
>>
>>1032097
I like the soundtrack, very chilling and fits the game's atmosphere. But it does get old eventually
>>
>>1032156
I'll take a look.
>>
Is artillery good for defending from inside a city? I'm considering using some regiments for garrisons but i'm not sure if i should just use Grenadiers or wait until Siege Grenadiers.
>>
>>1032609
artillery is great for defending anywhere, just not by itself.
>>
>>1032629
Does artillery slow down the Siege Grenadier to the same pace as an independent artillery battalion? I was thinking about using those as a sort of base infantry formation type, but if they are slowed down significantly i might wait until i can get motor or mecha version of it.
>>
>>1032648
>>1032655
Unfortunately this was changed in a patch long ago. Artillery need more AP than infantry to move anywhere now. Not sure if Vic reversed it, or if it can be solved by adding trucks to tow artillery pieces in a mixed formation.
>>
>>1032648
if you saw the first reply ignore it, I forgot artillery takes 25 AP to move on foot since I always motorize them. It will slow them down, yes.
>>
>>1032662
fortunately there are motorized (and mechanized) variants of all the infantry based formations, in which case motorized siege grenadiers will move as fast as regular motorized grenadiers
>>
>>1032665
>>1032663
In that case i won't bother with foot Siege Grens for offensive operations, thanks anons.
>>
having 33 starting districts was a mistake... now i spend more time waiting for turns than playing. all of that and I'm only trying to beat one nation. I think i will start a new run once i beat them, and make it smaller planet with less nations. what's the difference between starting with lvl 1 tech and level 2?
>>
>>1032797
tech level 1 is the basic 9 starting techs, tech level 2 adds a (random?) assortment of further techs already researched from the first 2 or 3 tech groups.
>>
>>1030197
>>1030255
Returning to this response, if i start my new colonies with an agricultural facility to avoid starvation, will the private sector still build a farm?
>>
>>1032851
eventually they should, yeah. in the mean time make sure you're providing emergency food
>>
When are rads bad? How much rad justifies building protection buildings?
>>
File: SEradlevels.png (150 KB, 462x678)
150 KB
150 KB PNG
>>1032997
>>
File: SEradlevelsbuildings.png (226 KB, 702x587)
226 KB
226 KB PNG
>>1032997
>>1033383
>>
>>1033383
>>1033387
based manualchad
>>
>>1032997
As the charts show you can basically ignore rads all the time forever.
>>
File: unknown.png (1.68 MB, 1366x768)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB PNG
Very heroic stand from some encircled raiders. Heroic, but annoying.
>>
File: help.png (368 KB, 461x478)
368 KB
368 KB PNG
what the fuck do i do
>>
>>1034590
mod?
>>
>>1034606
No. Vanilla on Siwa.
>>
>>1034609
wtf are those feats then. I never noticed those before. But I'm a newb i only played 1 campaign so far.
>>
>>1034610
Gives them a bunch of buffs, the Polymer made them outright invincible to everything i had early and i just gave up.
>>
Does this game ever go on sale?

It definitely looks worth the full price but I'd rather not if I can get it for like 25% off
>>
Looks fucking great but I'm waiting for a sale before I get it.
>>
>>1034623
just check isthereanydeal, goes on sale pretty often on different sites and was 35% off on steam back in march
>>
>>1034590
mg's to to surround them and hold them in place, and then just bring in the artillery and shell them to death.
>>
>>1034590
it's got polymer so it counts as a hard target but its hard attack/defence is really low. It also doesn't have absorption so light armour with high velocity guns should easily take care of them.
>>
>>1034590
i see people say aliens can be bad with their feats and modifiers and I thought this was the case when i started on I think it was either a medusa or a hydra world but desu the freefolk are the most busted ass thing I ever seent they dond't need modifiers they just scale health out the ass whereas even the alien natives on my planet are now being smashed by everyone because they don't scale health and get fucked by tanks and power armor
>>
>>1034775
They literally destroyed a full mg infantry brigade + walkers from the fate point card in a single attack. The Killer feat means they constantly attacked and nothing i had right at the start could harm them.

>>1034777
This was my plan, but they were so close to my start and i had to deal with 2 farmers who kept encroaching on my land and some marauder villages on the south so it really was kind of doomed. I just made a new world
>>
what government profile do anons like to run?
>>
>>1035501
Meritocracy/Democracy Government Mind
Everything else is just subpar
>>
>>1035534
I personally am locked in on Democracy and Mind.

But i'm having trouble feeling out whether i like Commerce or Government more. Can you elaborate why you feel Government is stronger?
>>
>>1035606
>Can you elaborate why you feel Government is stronger?
Double shifts stratagem and double BP production
Commence isnt that good because private economy is really meaningless, they provide some QoL bonuses with their buildings but thats it.
>>
>>1035606
>Can you elaborate why you feel Government is stronger?
Hits 3 major aspects of your economy. First it drastically increases you BP production which cannot be understated how important that is. Second it increases the output public industries which is where you'll be getting the vast majority of your resources. Third it increases worker happiness which can bypass a lot of stability and teething issues in a growing empire. It just offers far too great of benefit to the backbone of your empire to pick any other profile over it.
>>
>>1035626
>>1035613

I had thought up some counter arguments in favor of commerce in my own head, like the massive amounts of credits, and the fact you can service tax some free IP points, but reading both of your replies i see that neither of those things are really as strong as what Government offers.
>>
>>1035636
>and the fact you can service tax some free IP points
Wait hol up, what? You get free IP via tax?
Also i havent done any tests but i wonder if commence is viable on resources poor planet. You just expand it with stratagems and then buy resources from trade tab out of thin air.
>>
File: service tax.png (32 KB, 377x126)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
>>1035644
Yeah i had a game where i built no industry up to like turn 60 (because of poor metal income and mismanagement of said metal income) and i still had some 400 ip income because my high commerce profile had produced a bunch of light industry
>>
>>1035646
>bunch of light industry
Doesnt it only have level I?
I think commence would be much more viable if buildings had as many levels as public ones.
>>
>>1035644
>Wait hol up, what? You get free IP via tax?
tiny amounts, not really worth banking on

>>1035652
Most private assets have 3 levels, but a public asset of the same type and level will always have more output
>>
>>1035690
>Most private assets have 3 levels
But not industry with is the most important of them all
>>
>>1035768
I'm 85% positive I've seen light industry II's and III's
>>
File: lt industry.png (891 KB, 1091x531)
891 KB
891 KB PNG
>>1035768
>>1035780
no need to speculate
>>
>>1035803
Thanks, i concede that i was in the wrong.
But even 115 IP is kind of pitiful frankly
>>
>>1035809
It is.

But it requires no metal and you don't have to pay for it's construction cost. It's a fun bonus to tax but like other anons said it's really not worth counting on.
>>
File: income.png (20 KB, 186x73)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
Gentlemen i went and played Government but wouldn't you know i'm running a big deficit primarily due to worker salaries. Any tips for making money?
>>
>>1036043
Constantly sell rare metals and whatever your location got strong resources off.
Generally I just bite the economic bullet and don't try to tax my people too hard.
>>
>>1036050
This helps, but i also reduced worker wages from 5 to 4, they are still quite happy and gaining in all zones so that should help me out for now.
>>
>>1035636
Commerce is only "strong" because you can easily push it it to 90+ with the corporation interaction. Any profile at 90 (save autocracy) is better than the best possible profile at 50. Commerce also has some convenience +relation cards. It's not a terrible profile and I like playing it, but it's not as good as government.
>>
>>1035652
You wouldn't want high level private buildings because they just say population that's more productive in a public building.
>>
>>1036138
*sap population
The eternal phoneposter strikes again.
>>
File: SEtaxes.png (308 KB, 477x652)
308 KB
308 KB PNG
>>1035636
>[on benefits of commerce] and the fact you can service tax some free IP points
>>1035644
>You get free IP via tax?
>>1035646
>[image shows service tax]
>i still had some 400 ip income because my high commerce profile had produced a bunch of light industry

I think there's a slight misunderstanding here. The private economy contributes IP in two ways. First is service tax which is generated independently from any private asset, and scales mostly with population. Second is the "due" from private assets which is what you see in the asset details.

Commerce has no effect on the service tax, in fact it's actually enforcement that increases what you get from the service tax. Commerce does, however, increase the production of private assets with its private economy bonus and thus increases what you receive from their dues by up to 120% with the bonuses at 40 and 70 commerce profile.
>>
>>1036405
Based manualchad strikes again
>>
File: service tax 2.png (42 KB, 455x178)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
>>1036405

There might have been regarding my 400 Ip claim. The image i linked was from a different run, just to showcase the service tax at work.

In the attached image here you can see the production of my capital zone on the 400 ip savefile.

On that save i also have a second zone, which contributes 231 Ip: 90 LT. industry II, 141 service tax.

I also have 3 minor zones that produce somewhere in the 20-30 area.

Manualchad does indeed seem correct that the majority of the service tax comes from population. Both my capital zone and the other major zone have very high populations due to lucky free folk spawns.
>>
I haven't played it yet but I read the manual
The setting is absolutely insane. Does all that Shadow stuff actually matter in the game or is it just fluff?
>>
>>1036707
there are two stratagems you can play that directly reference the shadow but other than that it's just background
>>
>>1036725
That's a bit sad
Clearly whoever built that world had a lot of fun
>>
graphics are terrible
>>
>>1036752
>he doesnt play with graphic mods
>>
>>1036924
I don't. I actually think the game looks fine.
>>
seinfeld mod when
>>
>>1036924
what does it look like with graphics mods?
>>
>>1036924
the only graphic mod anyone needs or even should use is the one that adds distinct borders on stacked chits
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (94 KB, 1054x593)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>1037782
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10623&t=371646
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10623&t=355082
>>
File: 無題.png (132 KB, 519x194)
132 KB
132 KB PNG
What is up with them?
>>
Is this game a good start for anyone who want to get into wargame style?
I play a lot of 4x and been looking into this one for a while now.
>>
File: unknown.png (2.37 MB, 1366x768)
2.37 MB
2.37 MB PNG
>>1037986
Yes. It has the operational warfare gameplay of a proper wargame while giving you the freedom of a 4x on a procedurally generated map. You don't need to storm Normandy anymore - you can make your own Normandy. Pic related.
>>
>>1037986
It is
Decisive Campaigns Barbarossa is also a great starting point once you wanna try something else
>>
>>1037982
>replacing the SOULful deviantart 3d portraits with soulless rave cards
never gonna catch me doing that shit bro
>>
>>1038005
How often do relatively big fronts like that happen? Because when I think about 4X, most wars are either me sweeping aside a smaller enemy, or they're decided in one big battle
>>
>>1038015
All the time. The AI in this game is competent at raising massive armies for a total war, if not using them effectively. However that screenshot was taken during a multiplayer match.
>>
>>1038013
>soulless rave cards
Its called "Impressionism" you cultureless pleb
>>
>>1037983
Apocrypha cult is the best in the game because they give that unit feat card that turns hits into kills.
>>
How the fuck does the ai have light tanks and automatic rifle infantry on turn 14?

they also had a mind-90 posture card with just 51 mind?
>>
>>1021079
>playing with the supply color overlay on
Disgusting, and it makes these webms look awful with the strobing rainbow effect.
>>
Can you raise a OHQ formation and then delete the OHQ to get independent formations?
>>
>>1038368
no
>>
>>1038415
sadge
>>
>>1038368
Yes you can but you shouldn't
>>
>>1038511
Well i get the drawbacks of doing it, but what if i want to put a more advanced formations as city guards, far away from the buffs of a OHQ.
>>
>>1038550
Why would you want to? if you need troops to act as a garrison to quell unrest then an independent regiment of infantry works just as well as an advanced OHQ formation for much less material cost, and if you need to defend the city then you need to fill out a front line well away from it, which would benefit from having the OHQ unit nearby.
>>
>>1038550
You could just split up the OHQ units without disbanding the OHQ. The result is exactly the same.
>>
>>1030747
I go for "Monitor", as it fits the theme of seeing everything and still failing to take good decisions
>>
>>1038152
thing is about apocrypha is that they are just full on isis, if you do anything other than eradicate or embrace them it will cause a lot of internal issues, namely the constant violence, still their aesthetic is definitely better than socdem in religion form or the gaggle of hedonists
>>
>>1039993
Obviously you embrace them and get rid of everything else so you can generate apocrypha paladin cards as fast as possible.
>>
>>1040099
Does Apo paladins work on artillery and rocket artillery? If so seems stupidly OP
>>
>>1040118
Yeah.
If assigning unit perk cards wasn't chinese gold farmer tier repetitive bullshit, spamming paladins would be a top-tier strategy.
>>
what size map do anons like to play on?
>>
tariffs are crazy good man, they saved my economy
>>
>>1041062
t. liquoria 2 player
>>
>>1041062
>t. late Medieval king
>>
>>1041062
I have a constant economy issue, even if rolling full commerce. While the civilian economy is as strong as it can be (limited by population size, not private funds) my financial situation is frequently dire. Rarecoin, radioactivebux's, and what else have you starts getting serious diminishing returns to the point of being worth less than regular metal (which ironically is more valuable to me most of the time than any other material). It doesnt help that the rising private salary (which I tax) regularly forces me to raise public salary to balance
>>
>>1040701
I think small is a good size but the lack of air pressure (but still enough to cuck rockets) that results makes air forces near pointless.
>>
do I play this or decisive campaigns first
>>
>>1041319
Decisive Campaigns games are pure historical wargames.
Shadow Empire is a wargame mixed with 4x. It also has questionable rng cards gimmick, tedious build up and logistics management.
I much prefer Decisive Campaigns. Much more straight forward.
>>
>>1021079
Aye, but I'm a pirate. Could we still play?
>>
>>1041353
Of course, probably something like 50% of current MP playerbase plays on pirated copies
>>
>>1040701
Small sucks unless you just want a quick knife fight.
Normal is ideal, still small enough that a single High Speed Rail can belt the entire planet but large enough that annexing a swath of territory or defending a minor with a protectorate pact is a deliberate decision that will take many turns to realize.
Large is very large. I don't like how the AI can ultra-easily gobble up territory due to its special logistics rules, which becomes extremely obvious on a large planet.
>>
>>1041348
What game should I start Decisive Campaigns with?
I'm thinking blitzkrieg or case blue.
But maybe the other ones are better idk
>>
>>1041545
Ardennes Offensive is the latest and still gets updates.
Barbarossa has an RPG layer on top that makes it really stand out above other games in the series. For the German side you play as the chief of the Wehrmacht. For the Soviet side you play as Stalin.
>>
>>1041300
>>1041488
I do agree that small is a little bit too small, and large is far too large. I asked the question because i recently realized that my previous ideal world of normal size with the highest dimensions (like 173x71 or some such?) was far too large still. I've personally grown accustomed now to playing the normal size map but wiht the smallest dimensions, so something like 133xwhatever or 141xwhatever. These maps generate enough space to not feel like a knife fight but also not so much space it becomes overwhelming.
>>
Can I infinitely sit on a static front and slowly make the enemy run out of manpower?
>>
>>1042129
yes but why would you want to? That just means fewer pop for you once you conquer their cities
>>
>>1042134
It's fun
>>
regular zone or unincorporated zone. when should i check either box for newly conquered cities ?
>>
>>1042136
unincorporated until the unrest settles down
>>
>>1042155
is there a reason for this?
>>
File: SEunincorp.png (283 KB, 479x555)
283 KB
283 KB PNG
>>1042157
>>
>>1042164
i see the bottom part is the important one. thank u manualchad
>>
File: cloning.png (323 KB, 754x275)
323 KB
323 KB PNG
the ai has one of these in their capital. how did they get it ?
>>
File: cloning artifacts.png (858 KB, 863x685)
858 KB
858 KB PNG
>>1042755
im an autist for not spending the literal 20 seconds it took me to discover this
>>
>>1042766
God damn the cloning facility is only uncommon? Given its immense benefit you'd think it would be very rare.
>>
>>1042129
This is an amusing way to get the victory screen, as the AI recruits soldiers their population will go down until eventually your score is high enough to win even though you didn't do anything.
>>
>>1042136
Unincorporated until 50+ loyalty. 50 loyalty is the minimum for cultural conversion, and if you achieve 50 loyalty it means the unrest is over and people are generally happy so you can start taxing them and stuff. The goal of course is to quickly convert the populace and then merge them into a larger city nearby.
>>
File: 1593681942750.jpg (79 KB, 451x630)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
So you autists managed to convince me to take this game for a spin and man, it scratches an itch I didn't know was there. Some sleep was sacrificed for just another turn.

Does anybody have some tips on how to deal with all the wildlife running around? The planet was generated on purpose with the "non-petable" kind for extra challenge. One stack of mutant tank sized rats up north are breeding faster than the army can bombard them into slurry. With only militia holding the line, it is a matter of time before they get overrun and the rats murderfuck the capital.

Put everything into getting artillery or reposition all the armies and humanwave attack them down, taking horrendous losses? Pretty much the only options available.
>>
>>1043393
Get model council and research tanks, until then just try holding the line as attacking with infantry is not that great of an idea/
>>
>>1042129
in my experience while you obviously incur far less losses compared to the enemy (if I can get really entrenched 10 to 1 kill ratio, more if I can setup airbases behind my lines) certain AIs have a ww1 mentality where they will absolutely not consider any form of peace, this just results in them draining their cities of population to throw at your wall of death. Its just better to keep pushing to avoid total depopulation of the enemy.
>>
File: cap v.png (548 KB, 4610x2452)
548 KB
548 KB PNG
what should i do with this one
>>
File: cap v.png (449 KB, 795x361)
449 KB
449 KB PNG
>>1043951
fucked up the image sorry anons
>>
>>1043954
Put him in charge of SHQ.
>>
>>1043970
that was my thought too. i was torn between something like interior but i realized the war + cha + will is far better. int is the lowest stat they have here so...
>>
>>1043974
>war + cha + will is far better.
Usually i dont even look at leaders stats, only Caps since stats will develop overtime naturally and if you want to speed up the process you can just spam stratagems that give leaders XP and stat boosts
>>
>>1043983
I am a bit like this too, but the bonus attribute stats allow you get better rolls really quickly.
>>
>>1043393
artillery is always the answer
>>
>>1043983
>stats will develop overtime naturally
I think stats will only ever decrease, as the person ages. It's true that you can make even a CAP I retard with 10 in every stat a god with the cabinet retreat card spam, but that guy will always roll 40 less than a CAP V who has a 50 in every stat.
The leader in question will make an excellent SHQ commander and the only reason to not put him there would be if the current SHQ commander already has the benefits of 50+ turns of cabinet retreats and has stats which aren't significantly worse than these.
>>
File: cap v 2.png (497 KB, 820x390)
497 KB
497 KB PNG
>>1043970

update
>>
>>1043393
I gave it a spin too recently but I got horribly filtered and had to give up my first game. I managed to beat 2 majors and sign a NAP with the 3rd, but in the process of kicking the second majors ass everything just fell apart.

Logistics just broke down completely even though I had roads and rails where I needed, I built rail and truck stations every once in a while, hell I even tried to fuck around with the traffic signs to funnel logistic points where I needed them since I heard it would help. Eventually I think by pure luck I managed to get it running again for like 3 turns which gave me enough juice to kill the major. I went from 130k troops to 60k because everyone fucking starved to death, the actual battle losses were minimal.

After that I managed to figure out how to keep them fed, but sending out replenishments while keeping the survivors alive was literally impossible for some reason. Also all my workers just up and disappeared from most zones which made the production of just about everything go to shit, so I couldn't afford to replenish much anyway and I'm not about to shuffle through 10 cities and manually turn off gorillions of buildings for a potential chance of the remaining workers being funneled into the production buildings I need to recover from this shitshow.
Those minor and major worker strike events are so fucking annoying, I'm literally bankrupting myself to keep those cunts happy and they still want more every turn.

Anyway, I don't even know why I wrote this, I think I'm still seething that some imaginary numbers of which I have no proper understanding broke my fun game. I think I might need something a bit more casual, at least I tried.
Thank you for reading my blog post, it would be a waste to delete it after I've already written so much.
>>
>>1044286
post your save and I'll try to unfuck it, or at least figure out where it got fucked if it's unfixable
>>
>>1044286
Post a screenshot, you probably built a logistics "network" instead of a logistics line.
Only split roads at the logistics source.
You only need 1 high speed rail, just keep upgrading it. You might need two normal rail stations if your empire is really big.
>>
>>1044466
not guy you are replying to but someone curious to learn more about how to optimize my logistics. when you say only split at the source, does that mean individual cities or the shq city ? could you post some images of what an ""ideal"" logistics network looks like ? i've been winging it with road signs and stuff when it acts retarded and it works for now but more optimizations would always be good.

post logistics networks essentially
>>
Is this game more military warfare than 4x? Always been interested in getting this game.
>>
>>1044810
70/30 hex based wargame to 4x in the sense that most systems are in support of the wargame but it's the 4x aspects that enable it all
>>
>>1044429
Kinda embarrassing but I got so angry yesterday that I deleted the game along with the save, I'll try to paint a better picture of the problems with this post. I reexamined what I potentially did wrong and I do have a culprit when in comes to the logistics, I set up the SHQ to deliver replenishments instead supplies. As far as I know replenishments only get sent out when that one box under a unit is green and it only turns green if the unit has enough supplies, so not only did the soldiers all starve, but also nothing got sent over because they were starving and every produced replacement was just stuck in the SHQ.

There was also the issue of a lack of workers to run the infrastructure, which resulted in a smaller number of logistical points to use for the troops, but I really have no idea what I did wrong there, their happiness kept dropping because of my civilization level being higher than their overall QoL , but how can I build more QoL buildings if I don't have anyone to build them with? I spammed the private investment stratagem on my capital, hoping that private investors would fill the gap themselves but that didn't work. I tried to pay the workers in my capital more to incentivize the population to get hired, but once they did they usually just left to "seek fortune elsewhere" and I was already deep in the red anyway with their regular pay.

>>1044466
>you probably built a logistics "network" instead of a logistics line.
That was the case at first, but I watched a tutorial on youtube and found out about the traffic signs, so I used them to turn the "network" into a "line" by blocking the flow of points. Problem is that I blocked them fully and fucked my production, since the SHQ couldn't pull resources from mines and cities outside the main line.
So I need to build a truck station/rail station on a tile first if I want to build a new road coming out of it correct? How far apart from each other am I supposed to keep building those stations?
>>
>>1044286
>>1045023
Based logisticslet
>>
>one(1) independent heavy tank battalion
>move two hexes and attack shitty rifle militia units
>-2132 fuel
>>
>>1045262
le hitler face
>>
hey anons if i want to make helicopters exclusively for ground attack should i pick the tactical bomber role ? If you are gonna tell me helicopters suck my answer is i don't care.
>>
>>1045330
Yes, but its mostly flavor anyway. You can do everything with them regardless of their role.
>>
>>1045330
You should pick whatever role will allow you to keep them separated from other models as helicopters have vastly different (worse) performance than most everything else. Is it most convenient to have these helicopters in the "tactical bomber" role or is that going to let them fill other "tactical bomber" units that have longer range aircraft?
Obviously you can separate them further with the quality selections but then you have to micro the units themselves so they only allow the correct quality. Much easier to just maintain only a handful of models which are all separated into their own role i.e. fighter, tactical bomber, etc.
>>
File: logistics.jpg (1.01 MB, 1920x1080)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
>>1044809
Here's an example of lategame logistics on a very sparsely populated world. Of note, I never upgrade truck stations above LVL 2, I just use rail instead. I won this game on the next turn because the AI recruited more soldiers which reduced their population such that I had enough % to win.
Splitting LP via a road/rail intersection is penalized, so the goal is to have as few intersections as possible. If you do have an intersection, maximize it by making all the splits you need in that local area at a single tile. It can be convenient to run the "main line" through the civilian farming complexes just so you don't have to waste a few LP on them via a split. I prefer to split only at cities (and build truck stations only in cities) but that's not always feasible as you can see here.
The High Speed Rail is located one tile away from the capital because I couldn't demolish the rail station until the HSR was built and you can't have both in the same tile. However, if I planned to build more than one rail/HSR ever (unnecessary because HSR goes 50+ tiles each direction before losing LP and 100+ tiles before LP drops to 0 and the map is only 170 tiles across so a single upgraded HSR can project LP anywhere on the map) then I would want them one tile offset so I could use a traffic sign to block LP from going toward the HSR/rail station in order to avoid the refocusing penalty.
I like to clean up unneeded roads by demolishing them rather than blocking them with traffic signs, it's just autism. Throughout the 130 turns to get here there have been many roads built and demolished to mine resources that are now gone, etc.
In this game I put a lot of effort into merging cities (that's why I only have 4) in order to reach LVL 6 cities which I thought was the most efficient in terms of population use but I want to try smaller cities with much effort put into keeping 0 private economy around as private economy is a waste of population compared to more demetalization plants.
>>
>>1045461
how can i call vic and ask him to make a seperate unit type designation for helicopters ? this is kind of cringe ngl
>>
>>1045496
I don't quite understand refocusing and some of the other intricacies of the system, but i find that upgrading capacity and avoiding crossings as much as possible keeps the system functioning.
>>
>>1045330
Helicopters are strictly better than aircraft as they can resupply off your network and not just airbases.

>>1045586
Yeah, just toss a rail station in every town, upgrade the rail stations on each side of a segment that is getting bottlenecked. Easy.
>>
>>1045592
Im still at propeller tech and i find that helicopters at this stage have much better range (and firepower) than equivalent technology propeller aircraft. They are quite fun to use
>>
>>1045597
Depends a lot on the planet too not just tech. If you have a small map like most people seem to play on the atmosphere just can't get dense enough to be useful for anything except jets, and often is TOO dense for rockets to be useful.
>>
>>1045614
Oh yeah for sure. I always try to generate earthlikes in gravity and atmosphere. I can see it would be different without atmosphere or too high gravity
>>
File: SEairbasepoints.png (16 KB, 450x116)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>>1045330
>>1045385
Level bomber and transport roles get a -33% attack penalty for being at high altitude. Tactical bomber is the best role for helicopters since it is low altitude and will attempt to avoid dogfights if possible.

>>1045592
Helicopters operating from hexes without sufficient airbase points still suffer readiness and recovery penalties.
>>
When making a custom OOB, is it possible to edit the number of troops of a type already in the OOB ? I want to have for example, 600 infantry, 200 mg and 200 rpg, but since theres no unit that starts with 600 infantry (and none of the other 2 options) i cannot do this, atleast at a glance. am i missing something ?
>>
>>1045497
The whole point of the model vs role designation system was that the model base wouldn't play a part in the role. It makes a lot of sense when you consider the replacement system, much more than replacing ultralights with ultralights and medium thopters with medium thopters regardless of the equipment and weapons they have installed.
>>
The launcher always fails to download the new .11 update. Normally the answer is to try again (x10), and then try again tomorrow, but I've been trying multiple times a day for a week now to no avail. It recognizes that there's a new version available but can't download it. What do?
>>
>>1045679
Matrix Launchers have always been dogshit, just get the update from the forums
>>
>>1045649
i just wish i could seperate my helicopters from my tactical bombers.
>>
Am i crazy or am i only seeing 'Republican' culture type regimes ? Is this because of Haven of Calm?
>>
>>1046673
Yes.
>>
>>1046639
You can, by making your helicopter a fighter or fighter bomber or whatever the designations are.
>>
>>1047137
that doesn't solve the problem, only moves it to a different category
>>
>>1047184
You have 6 generic categories and up to 24 categories if you're willing to micromanage, how is that not enough? I can't imagine having more than 3-4 active air models at any given time.
>>
how do you deal with 999999999999 cults and corporations and shit
>>
>>1047502
cults are typically not bad. just pick one that supports your government profile and suppress the rest.

i turn off crime syndincate

corporation has very little impact even if you dont interact with it at all, though if you want to lower their influence, you need to get economic councillor with a high "resist influence" skill, then play anti trust ops in affected zones.

on a side note, if you insist on going commerce, the corporation will help you get to 90+ in no time
>>
>>1047502
Cults are great
Corporations are decent, I just use them to get a decent leader every once in a while and ignore them otherwise.
I have never even seen a crime syndicate
>>
>>1047502
Ignore cults or help/hinder ones which boost the profiles you want.
Ask for board members from the corporation, it gives big bonuses to charisma and intelligence.
I've never seen the crime syndicate not die immediately when it spawns, even when I tried to "help" it. So I don't know what to do with it.
>>
>>1047922
>cults are typically not bad. just pick one that supports your government profile and suppress the rest.
>>1047932
>Ignore cults or help/hinder ones which boost the profiles you want.
Nah, this is for chumps. Boost apocrypha cult as much as possible so you get paladins. They are the single best unit feat you can get. Their +200 attack is a flat bonus after all maluses and their 40% chance to convert a hit to a kill means you can score kills on enemy units long after yours have gotten to hugely negative modifiers from exceeding the number of attacks possible in any given combat. I've had games where my battalions faced off against regiments and come away with 60+ sub-unit kills thanks to them.
>>
>>1048028
i have never seen the apocrypha cult ? does it have specific spawn requirements ?
>>
>>1048028
>Boost apocrypha cult as much as possible so you get paladins
Apocrypha cult seems pretty rare, I never see them until I've already established myself as the dominant force on the planet and it doesn't matter how many paladins I have so I don't bother.

Also we already had this discussion >>1040099>>1038152
>>
>>1021337
>>1029645
>>1029648

Is there a way to rename subsequent developed units so they dont have the " II " " IV " etc ? It's kind of ruining my roleplay over here
>>
Do I need to read the manual to learn this game? Or do you basically just start playing and use the manual if you wanna look up where some modifier comes from
>>
>>1048111
I watched 1 video from Das Tactic on youtube, then started playing. Keep the manual open to ctrl+f shit as you come across it
>>
Ok stupid question but is there a way to enable steam overlay on these games? Seems to me it doesn't work on all AGEOD/Slitherine (never understood the difference) games
>>
>>1048112
I second this advice but I always recommend "the edmon - brutally simple quickstart guide". SE is too complicated to learn in one sitting and not everything is equally important to master- learn how to recruit units and mine water/metal and you should be able to at least create a semi-stable city state as you toy around with other systems. Much more fun to learn as you go too.
>>
>>1048142
>>1048112
I'm trying it without videos at all for now. I know about wargames, I expect to lose horribly the first few times
>>
>>1048142
>brutally simple quickstart guide
I find that one is far too prescriptive. Tells you a lot of what to do and far to little of why.
>>
>>1048145
Play your first game on a Robinson Crusoe planet so you don't have to worry about getting rolled over by a Major Regime when you don't know what you're doing. After that, do whatever. I've never opened the manual and I don't watch other people play video games.
Any time a manual question comes up you can just post here (for example, I don't actually remember if this is how it works) "hey why is my liquid armor getting wrecked by shitty gauss weaponry?" and some dude will angrily open the manual, find the appropriate page, screenshot it, and triumphantly post it while calling you a retard. We all know who wins that encounter.
>>
File: shadow empire.png (2.62 MB, 1920x1080)
2.62 MB
2.62 MB PNG
>>1048178
>so you don't have to worry about getting rolled over by a Major Regime
Well this just happened, I just assumed that if I couldn't see a unit at my border that there was none
Didn't even realize we were already fighting each other, I thought you just kind of claim territory and then declare war
>>
Okay nevermind apparently we aren't at war, which begs the question why you can encircle units that you're not at war with
Am I supposed to just have an unbroken front at all times?
>>
>>1048193
Minor regimes are just dickish like that
You can either declare war with them or get a peace event/stratagem that will disable them and you from crossing each other borders.
>Am I supposed to just have an unbroken front at all times?
Putting one or two units on the border is usually enough to deter minor regimes you are not at war with
>>
>>1048201
But how do I know what the regime's "borders" are? Looks like me like I can just step into any open hex, just like any wargame
>>
>>1048193
thats a minor nation and they dont respect your borders (like you dont respect theirs) until you either:
a) play the "propose peace" card succesfully
b) get offered regular relations from the regime itself.

you can't attack their units until you declare war, but you can do a dance around eachother trying to lock them in by surrounding.
>>
>>1048204
Oh okay, yeah sounds to me like I'm just gonna put a unit in every hex, catch any of their units that moves in an encirclement, and then declare war when they're all out of supply kek
>>
>>1048205
Unfortunately for you, minor regimes don't have supplies. However fully encircling their city / big unit formations can be a viable way to open the conflict.
>>
>>1048207
Literally what do they eat then
>>
>>1048210
grass
photosynthesis
rocks

pick whatever you prefer
>>
>>1048207
>>1048210
Slightly incorrect. Minor regimes without cities get supply from their currently occupied hex as they live off the land, while minors that do have cities have to trace an unbroken path to their city but have infinite supply range.
>>
>>1048210
my tears when they focus all their units against me and a major swoops in and takes their city
>>
>>1048191
That's a minor regime, probably just alien life. Majors can't take each other's territory unless they're at war. See, no need to open the manual!
>>
Seems bullshit to me that any minor regime can just run around my troops and take my assets but ok
>>
>>1048239
You can do the same. Declare war if it bothers you.
You should be complaining that any alien wildlife can run around your troops and take your assets instead.
>>
>>1048250
Declaring war doesn't solve the problem, it simply requires me to have the entire border staffed. That solution works without declaring war too
>>
File: SE.png (1.8 MB, 1359x767)
1.8 MB
1.8 MB PNG
kino north vs south world war soon
my first game, really enjoying it
>>
how many loyalty do you need to merge zones without them exploding into a rebellion?
>>1048254
looks like a fucking nightmare
t. logisticslet
>>
>>1048252
Declaring war lets you kill the problem units, no need to staff the whole border.
>>
>>1048257
100% cultural conversion for 100% population transfer, which is what you want. Nothing else matters.
>>
>>1048269
1. that's fucking bullshit
2. the city I want to merge has like 10k population, I don't care I just want it gone from the map
>>
>>1048284
Fine, do it at 0% cultural conversion and have none of the population transfer. Your call.
>>
>>1048174
>that one is far too prescriptive
Fair criticism but I think it benefits the beginner in terms of time investment: you power through enough essential concepts in 15 minutes that you can comfortably hold your borders teach yourself the game in a relatively safe little sandbox. Alternatively you can watch 6 meandering hours of blabbering from Dastactics, read 200 pages of partially outdated manual with minimal context to in game, or just learn it all from scratch through like +3 failed start campaigns (probably 1-3 hours each I would guess)

>>1048178
>I've never opened the manual and I don't watch other people play video games.
>Any time a manual question comes up you can just post here
Based. If your unwitting manual sperg servant ever tells you to read the manual yourself you can just claim you did and "it's not in there". He'll go and fetch the page and text for you and feel like quite the clever boy doing so.
>>
>Fighting world power to the east.
>World power in the west attacks.
>Doing okay, move my armies so that I can hold and push into them fighting them both at the same time.
>The fucking Nigger in the North decides to attack.
I just wanted to save the people of this blighted world.
>>
Yeah okay I watched the Shadow Empire: Ruthlessly Simplified Getting Started Guide and it has literally nothing in it that wasn't already explained by tutorials within my first 90 minutes of playing. I think learning it in the game is superior
>your city starts with a "danger" level and you need to clear out the immediate area
There's a tutorial message for that
>production and metal are your immediate bottlenecks
You notice that as soon as you build more than 4 units
>formation raising interface
There's a tutorial for that
>>
So I made a lot of Light Tanks and it was doing great giving me an edge on the AI but the AI is starting to put out AT weapons and it's own tanks so everything is stalling. What the fuck do I do? Just build more tanks but in bigger divisions?
>>
>>1048675
I personally keep a small unit of elite infantry with all my best gear near every OHQ, and use it for annihilating specific enemy units very quickly. There are probably more efficient ways to do it, but that is just one. You can bomb them with air power, weaken them with arty before attacking, build bigger tanks, build more tanks, etc.
>>
>>1048675
The best way to break a deadlock is technology. Pick a good defensive line and focus on upgrading bureaucracy offices until you research polymer armor, then win the game.
>>
>>1048507
You either have to use the Major Diplomacy cards to interact with other majors and actively maintain relations, or assume that any peace is just a temporary truce because the Majors will inevitably invade you for no reason. Failure to maintain relations and failure to maintain a defensive front is your fault.
>>
>start with light tanks discovered
>start with a few proper military units deployed
>start with the most important councils filled
>thereby bypassing all the bullshit the game normally tries to hand you in the first 20 turns and getting straight to the game
Prove me wrong. Protip: you can't.
>>
>>1048702
Scrappy early game is keno you pleb.
>>
>>1048705
>keno
You're not wrong, default early game is lottery-like gambling with randomly determined outcomes.
>>
>>1048722
Losing is fun
>>
File: 6453364564536543.jpg (25 KB, 652x197)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
how do I remove the administrative strain penalty?
>>
>>1049524
Any facilities more than 6 (or was it 8) tiles away from the city will suffer increasing admin strain penalties the further they get.
Solution, build facilities closer to your cities or build new cities near your faraway facilities
>>
>>1049538
But the facility is literally right next to the city, it's a minus -80% on literally every facility outside the city. I don't think that's the case here, something is wrong with the zone because my capital only puts -10% even on facilities over 10 tiles away.
>>
>>1049546
It's zone-wide, it's not a malus for the specific asset
>>
>>1049550
So if I make a rare metals mine 20 tiles away from a city it suddenly makes everything in the zone work like shit? I don't get it. Would building a new city and giving the mine over to it fix it?
>>
>>1049561
The remedy to combat Administrative Strain is to create a new Zone
around the Asset that is the furthest away so that the Assets remaining with
the original Zone are now closer to its City and the strain is thus relieved.
>>
>>1049561
Each level of public asset adds 8% strain to a Level I city. You have at least 10 levels of assets outside the 6 tile radius, which is egregious. What are they?
>>
IIRC though administrative strain isn't a straight "you build stuff too far away, get a penalty" deal
It's based on the ratio between assets close to your city and far away from your city. So if you have a billion assets near the city, it won't matter much if you build just a few far away
>>
Newfag here, how does urbanization work anyway? Is there any game mechanic stopping me from putting every type of asset on every hex within a 6 tile radius of my city?
>>
>>1049658
A lot of assets can only be build in city hex
Other than that no
>>
Can any anon give me a checklist for zone merging? Do i delete all the city buildings immedaitly or wait until they are culturally adapted?
>>
>>1021248
Interstellar Space: Genesis is more like MoO1 than 2, but it's doable in an afternoon on default settings.
>>
Bros, i've played a bunch of Siwa class now. What's next for a fun planet type ?
>>
File: FUCKING NOTHING.jpg (1.28 MB, 2560x1436)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB JPG
This fucking cunt had to invade me over the fucking mountain ranges. What is the fucking point? How the hell am I meant to supply my armies on the other end of the fucking planet? What are we fighting for? I have 30% of the planet population with 190k people and I killed 80k people in the last war with a major. I never even did anything to this fucking asshole.
Jesus christ, this game is making me genuinely depressed. Is there nothing more to live then pointless war? I won't even get anything out of this but death.
>>
>>1021079
Give me a rundown, looks interesting.
>>
>>1048254
Jesus that city blob. Why?
>>
>>1049658
Tiles are something like 200x200 miles, so all cities are one tile and city assets can only be built in that one tile. A few big cities is better than many small ones, you basically only want new cities once your assets start to get far enough away to cause administrative strain. I forget the distance, it's in the manual.

It would be cool to have urban sprawl eventually occur if you managed to get the population to pre-collapse levels, but that just isn't what the game is designed for.
>>
>>1049755
You want to delete everything and merge on the same turn because deleting gives private money back and you can't delete a building in progress so if you delete and then wait they'll just start building again and block you from merging.
>>
>>1049844
Unclass + alien life every time. You can get sands, forests, mountains, and water all right next to each other. It's beautiful.
Airless, magma, etc is a gimmick that's worth playing once but basically you're just shutting off features.
>>
I HATE LEADERS! I HATE LEADERS! I HATE LEADERS!
>>
>>1049844
medusa for maximum water and forests. Creates lots of interesting terrain chokepoints and the prevalence of forests and jungles severely diminishes the overwhelming power of tanks
>>
>>1021274
https://discord.gg/tp5XPBzW4x
New link because the old one died
>>
>>1049946
Good luck anon. Keep us posted.
>>
File: 1634349567177.png (400 KB, 692x403)
400 KB
400 KB PNG
>>1043408
>>1044128
Artillery was the only answer that was available at the time, despite its cost. The model council jerks just refused to research tanks and instead discovered motorbikes and bazookas. Just the roll of the dice I suppose.

>>1044286
Sounds like you are having fun anon! Shadow Empire is not some causal clicking game but a full post-apocalypse nightmare simulator.
Let me tell you how my first empire collapsed. The model council created a better model of infantry so naturally all the old models of infantry were set to obsolete.
> This was a mistake.
The next turn my SHQ was filled to the brim with obsolete troops, touring the capital city and enjoying the calm instead of being on the frontlines. Needless to say, the lines collapsed and the logistics network was completely overloaded bringing about 30k troops to and fro. Since it was a siwa class planet I just ended it right there, lessons learned to go for a more brutal planet in the next round.
>>
File: 1636396121547.png (33 KB, 688x750)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>>1048254
Very kino endwar, north vs south.
>>1048507
The AI seems to hate the human player with a passion and the wars never end, as soon as one nation is beaten into a pulp and conquered the army marches last it to the next border, as the dipshit leader declared as soon as it saw your troops.
>>1049946
And so the cycle begins again, untill only the rocks remain.
>>
File: 1590635357154.jpg (28 KB, 300x360)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>1049981

Hex based post apocalyptic war simulator with logistics, technological progression and random planet generation that can create lifeless moons, gardens of eden, or straight up hostile hellworlds with tank sized murder rats that have a taste for flesh.

Underneath it all runs a simple economy that boils down to 1) keep your troops supplied, 2) keep your population from revolting and 3) keep your cabinet happy or else.

Dont expect it to be simple. Good luck in your unification war!
>>
I know it's a wargame but is there diplomacy? Can I vassalize minor regimes or do I need to conquer the whole map?
>>
>>1051036
You can vassalize and unify. Its actaully a pretty broken strategy if you spawn next to alot of farmers.
>>
How do i prevent religious violence?
>>
>>1051066
Be the most violent.
>>
>>1051066
Maintain religious homogeneity
>>
>>1051070
>>1051083

Being the most violent worked. Suppressing the gay cults and placing more troops helped
>>
>>1050064
Doing this and going "drop me in a game now" sure provided me with alot of new and interesting fun. Thanks anon
>>
File: tariffs.png (99 KB, 724x90)
99 KB
99 KB PNG
I FUCKING LOVE TARIFFS

I FUCKING LOVE EXTRA FREE INCOME FOR BASICALLY NO EFFORT
>>
Fifty hours in I think I am getting the hang of this game.
It is fucking incredible, the only shit parts of the game is the yugioh RNG minigame and the art.
>>
Anons, can i make a custom brigade of independent units? Like recruit 5 motorized artillery battalions and join them together?
>>
>>1051298
Yeah you have to set up a staff council and then budget in custom independent units.
>>
>>1051300
But how will that let me turn them into a brigade with a OHQ? If you start off an independent unit you don't get the option to make them with OHQ
>>
>>1051304
You can attach them to an OHQ after you make an independent unit but as far as I know you cannot edit the OHQ formation types.
>>
>>1051307
sigh

i just wish i could make artillery brigades without any other types of model
>>
>>1051325
Why? Artillery can't operate solo and if you want OHQ rolls to benefit pure artillery units you can still attach them to OHQ's
>>
>>1051339
I know they don't operate independently. My idea was to 5 battalions of my infantry brigade on the frontline, then place the seperate artillery OHQ in the area and deploy the artillery ontop of the infantry battalions. They would get OHQ rolls and the leader assigned would develop artillery skills. Also it would allow me to not need to necessarily motorize my artillery as to not slow down the infantry.

Maybe its all just autism. I decided to just put out 5 independent motorized artillery and call it a day
>>
Do private assets incur administrative penalty?
>>
File: SEadstrain.png (88 KB, 464x193)
88 KB
88 KB PNG
>>1051543
>>
Did they ever fix AI ignoring logistics whatsoever, building shit for free and invading across mountains?
>>
what infantry oob's do anons like ?
>>
>>1051571
The AI can build dirty roads for free, otherwise it plays by the same rules as the player.
>>1051623
Early on I generally just add artillery+recon bikes to my infantry brigades and call it a day.
Later on it becomes more diverse.
>>
>>1051623
Depending on if my infantry or machine guns are better I will just use them a lot with independent light tanks or buggies. Fucking love buggies, such an underrated unit. Make sure you get Regiments, brigades of buggies are useless but an early buggy reg is a real infantry killer.
>>
Holy fuck Polymer armour is a gamechanger.
>>
>>1051753
yes, it's a huge power spike for vehicles. next one is laser weapons for infantry
>>
>>1051552
MANUAL'D
>>
>>1051644
>Make sure you get Regiments, brigades of buggies are useless but an early buggy reg is a real infantry killer
is this just because there is some sort of malus for brigades with a very small number of units?
>>
>>1051894
No its about the amount of firepower you can put downrange. A bigger unit does more damage in a shorter time so they tend to kill more of the enemy and in turn get hit less.
>>
Can I make new militia units somehow it after they just there so you don't get rolled over at the start?
>>
>>1051907
or are*
Sorry, phoneposting while banned
>>
>>1051907
You get Militia units based upon a cities militancy score randomly. The more you build up a city the more the militancy reduces so later in the game you don't get many millita generated.
>>
>>1051907
they are early game speedbumps until you can make some MG infantry brigades
>>
>>1051907
Militias only properly form when you have an uncivilized population that also has none of your military stationed in it. And of course with a high militancy score in the city. More pop = more militia units
The militias also upgrade with your equipment that is greater than 5 years old over time.
>>
>>1052374
>Militias only properly form when you have an uncivilized population that also has none of your military stationed in it
so don't really need to garrison my unthreatened cities, they'll just pick up the slack with militia eventually?
>>
>>1051641
>>1051644

I ask only because im in a big fucking existential crisis here over infantry formations

I used grenadiers, heavy grenadiers and siege grenadiers only to realize that dispersing 100 machineguns, 100 rpg and 10 pieces of artillery along your frontline units you might aswell not have them there at all. The effect is rather minimal.

So i went and used customize OOB, to modify light infantry (motor and mech versions too) to have the base 1000 infantry, 500 machineguns and 500 rpgs per battalion.

This worked well, until i wanted to begin motorizing/mechanizing these brigades - due to the high amount of soldiers per battalion, a full motor/mecha brigade of this kind costs a staggering 21000 soldiers, which is prohibitively expensive.

So now im back to square one i was at after my realization about the grenadiers/siege grenadiers.

What the fuck does one do to have appreciable amount of support elements without breaking back on manpower requirements?
>>
>>1052395
Militias are trash and by the time you can sit and back think "hmm maybe I'll not garrison this city to get some militia out of it" you should have massive armies with laser rifles and light tanks with polymer armor so it's pointless. Once you can consistently build MG Infantry armies, militia are just good for disbanding to gain population.
>>
>>1052437
>until i wanted to begin motorizing/mechanizing these brigades
You don't want to motorize all your brigades because you need some units that can fight on mountains and swamps. In my opinion you're best off getting something like Machine Gun Infantry or Grenadier Infantry on foot, and then going all in on something like Light Mechanized Armor Grenadier as your mobile forces. Also there's a refund on the motor pool, so motor and mech don't actually cost as much as is stated (because people were making exactly that complaint, it was too manpower intensive to build motor/mech armies when half the manpower goes to drivers).
>dispersing [x] along your frontline units you might aswell not have them there at all
Not true. There's less effect than if you had 100% of whatever units, obviously, but the effect is still there. There's also the benefit of spreading out the combat experience across many models so you can upgrade your forces more incrementally, which is probably desirable unless you just happen to get a godly structural roll on your basic infantry model.
Nice spacing by the way.
>>
>>1052559
>Nice spacing by the way.
I dont know shit about formatting on 4chan. I only come to vst to discuss my niche strategy games.
>You don't want to motorize all your brigades because you need some units that can fight on mountains and swamps.
It was never my idea to do so, but when i increased the battalion size to 2000 men, the cost of mecha/motorizing anything was prohibitively expensive from a manpower perspective.
>Also there's a refund on the motor pool, so motor and mech don't actually cost as much as is stated
Is there a formula for how much it actually costs then?
>dispersing [x] along your frontline units you might aswell not have them there at all
I understand this might be a bit hyperbolic of a statement. It was mostly related to artillery from siege grenadiers, because 10 artillery pieces per battalion really is nothing if you want to do barrages and such. Generally the specialist models of infantry are good to have.
Anyway as a closing note i spent all morning brainstorming this issue and i think i'll run Heavy Grenadiers and just add +2 Independent Artillery Battalions for the defensively oriented foot brigades. I still have no plan for mecha or motor because i haven't been able to test any of my ideas there yet
>>
>>1052572
The brigades internal components/TOE is mostly supposed to allow some degree of flexibility for your guys and give them some extra oomph, you are still supposed to use larger/more specialized units to do create breakthroughs and crack hard hexes.
>>
>>1052575
There's not much reason to ever build the larger units. If you can't go through then go around.
>>
Is the structural design of a model rolled completely randomly or does a high technician score increase odds of getting a high roll ?
>>
>>1052559
>(because people were making exactly that complaint, it was too manpower intensive to build motor/mech armies when half the manpower goes to drivers).
Nevermind Shadow Empire was already incredibly generous with its manpower allocation as 100% of the manpower used for APC's, buggies and tanks actively participates in the combat (to incredibly effect, at that). It's only trucks that anyone could complain about and even then having a 50/50 split of front line to rear echelon units is a better ratio than even world war 2 era motorized formations enjoyed. People vastly underestimate the amount of people needed to drive other people around.

>>1052572
>>Also there's a refund on the motor pool, so motor and mech don't actually cost as much as is stated
>Is there a formula for how much it actually costs then?
80% of manpower for trucks and 66% for buggies and armour gets refunded upon construction. Also, "heavy" formations have half the amount of regular infantry and double each support element, and the more complex the ToE the less regular infantry it has.
>>
>>1052621
The only thing known for sure about what technician skill does is increase the effective BP investment of the model design council when discovering or designing new models.
>>
>>1052625
>80% of manpower for trucks and 66% for buggies and armour gets refunded upon construction. Also, "heavy" formations have half the amount of regular infantry and double each support element, and the more complex the ToE the less regular infantry it has.
Good to know the formula. As for the Heavy variants, i consider the loss of 200 Infantry to be worth it for gaining an additional 100 Machinegun and Rpg's, from a defensive point of view. It also solves the problem that i outlined in my original post, by being very manpower efficient at only 800 guys per battalion
>>
Can i future proof my ability to place a high speed rail station inside my capital by placing the initial regular rail station just outside of the city?
>>
>>1052751
if you want to min-max it you should be doing that anyway
>>
>>1052754
>if you want to min-max it you should be doing that anyway
.... explain? i am noob retard when it comes to logistics.
>>1044809
as you can see here i have a previous post about this exact topic already.
>>
File: onewayrail.png (6 KB, 365x279)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>1052781
When the logistics points from truck or rail stations pass through another station they get "refocused" which renews their AP but reduces the refocused LP's by 25%, cumulative with every station. Since rail goes a very long way you don't need to refocus them to extend the range, usually, so you should be building your rail stations on their own branch with traffic sign blocking all LP flow into the hex but not out of. That way every station along the line contributes 100% of their LP's without any refocuses penalty.
>>
>>1052861
Does this setup allow you to simply swap to high speed rail when you unlock it?
>>
>>1052877
No, you'll need to build the new high speed rail station in a different hex just as if it was in the city hex. Also, do keep in mind this is as I said autisticly min-maxy. I don't employ this technique and I have never run into issues with logistics, at least not ones caused by the refocusing mechanic. It's absolutely not required, just an option.
>>
>>1052894
But how would i construct if in a non-autistic fashion? I simply want to reserve the city hex for the High Speed Rail station, but still be able to use regular Rail in the mean time until its unlocked.
>>
>>1052918
Normal rail one hex outside of the city like >>1052861
When you unlock high speed rail put it inside the city.

Put truck station + railheads, not rail stations, in all of the places along the line where you want logistics to be distributed. Only build a new rail station when the logistic points run low
>>
>>1052918
>But how would i construct if in a non-autistic fashion?
nothing wrong with building the regular rail station outside the city if you want a high speed one in it, just dismantle the old station once the high speed is built. Or just build the regular rail in the city and bite the bullet on having a few turns of less logistics as you dismantle the old one and build the high speed one.
>>
How the fuck do I get recon on a minor regime so I can play a peace card? Sick of these assholes violating the NAP
>>
>>1053127
Spies. Honestly the Diplomatic system using the gay cards is the worst part of this game.
>>
>>1053162
But on most minor regimes I automatically had 1-2 recon points just by bordering them, that's what confuses me
Just in general, I think I just expanded too quickly and too widely, I tried to clear like a 20 hex area around my capital with just a few brigades
I already sent a spy, when does it start giving regime recon points?
>>
>>1053169
You get some recon from things like buggies, the troops you have bordering that minor regime might just not have a very high recon score.
>>
Bros. I got a planet with the perfect atmosphere for planes and they are fun.
Having little recon planes smashing aliens and savages while my jet bombers take out armoured formations. Holy shit they are not worth the industry but they bring a smile to my face.
>>
>>1053180
Right, I think I only have one buggy militia brigade I started out with. Thanks for the tip
On that note, does anyone else find it silly that you first have to explore the map to find out its terrain? Doesn't really make much sense IMO not to already know where mountains etc. are
The Germans didn't suddenly arrive at the Pripyat Marshes and go "oh fuck there's some swamp we have to deal with, apparently"
>>
>>1053203
You can change that in the starting settings to know the general layout of the planet.
>>
>>1053203
>does anyone else find it silly that you first have to explore the map to find out its terrain?
I imagine the only explanation for this would be that shortly prior to your game start your people were monke tier and had lost all knowledge of the planet's terrain
>>
>>1053228
Oh I see. Do you guys usually turn that on?
Don't see much point in planning a war if you might instantly run into a mountain you can't pass or something
>>1053348
I suppose that makes sense with how they're using shit-tier (for the setting) weapons
>>
>>1053353
Depends. When I do a run on a small planet with a high population I do as it will be more of a knife fight with more advanced units but if I am playing on a larger map it makes sense for your understanding of the world at large to be more limited.
>>
>Turn 1 ancient archive card.
>Polymer armour.
Oh FUCK, normally I get something useless like Volcano taps.
>>
My troops were damaged so I put some manpower into replacements
I misunderstood the interface and put like 5000 recruits into infantry replacements when I only needed 200
Is that manpower just lost to me now?
>>
>>1053410
Nah if you go to the HQ unit in your capital you will see the units being trained there, you can scrap them but I think they go back to the population rather then back to your pool of recruits. As far as mistakes go infantry is not a bad one as now you have a pool to draw from to reinforce your infantry for the rest of the game!
>>
>>1053431
Or you can create new unit out of them
When creating unit check the [use SHQ troops] box to draw from there instead of manpower pool
>>
I'm not quite sure what the point of conquering territory is, besides being required for the victory conditions
Conquering more zones doesn't really feel like a power multiplier, I suppose I can build a bunch of industry and mining and then sit on infinite resources I can't use for anything meaningful
>>
>>1053495
more territory usually comes with more population, the only true resource bottleneck.
>>
>>1052625
>People vastly underestimate the amount of people needed to drive other people around.
It also takes a vast number of people to let people shoot each other, but we don't demand 300 troops required (representing 200 in support functions) per every 100 riflemen generated. The logistical cost of making war is accounted for in the logistics system (where it costs almost nothing but that's not the point). When infantry build at 1:1, it doesn't make sense to require 1 driver per 1 infantry, which why Vic changed it once he figured out how.
From a pure gameplay perspective, it made motorized battalions useless because you could just build twice as many unmotorized instead which was a much stronger combat force and would take fewer casualties (cost you much less manpower in the long run). If you had the spare manpower to throw around motorized, you already inevitably going to win so it didn't matter.
>>
>>1052861
You won't need more than one HSR unless you wind up in a perfect North vs South situation where you control the entirety of one of those hemispheres and if you do, you'll build it far enough away that the refocusing doesn't matter.
>>
Why would you ever use anything other then Helicopters? Making airbases is a fucking ballache.
>>
>>1053697
planes are cool
>>
>>1053530
Oh so I'm supposed to up max recruits as I conquer shit?
>>
>>1053736
I mean you should always recruit from places you are conquering and unincorporated sates but population is valuable as you can use them to operate buildings and more cities allows you to expand your administration. The more resources you have the faster you can conduct the wars that will allow you to win.
>>
>>1053737
But all resources magically get sent to my SHQ, right? When I started, I thought I would have to slowly build up each zone but nope it turns out you can just use your 500 industry points from other zones to build shit in the new one
>>
>>1053831
No, resources get sent on your logistics routes to your SHQ using up capacity along the way. (IP is 'shipped' but is weightless, essentially there has to be a connection to the SHQ for the construction vehicles/equipment/workers to take to the work site. Same goes for fuel/water/energy where pipelines/cables are assumed to be built along with the roads. Recruits and Colonists are treated as Infantry for this purpose too.)
Yes, this means there is an ideal way to play the game that uses multiple SHQs.
No, its not really feasible because there's no automated SHQ-SHQ logistics and you'd have to manually ship resources back and forth to make up slack.
>>
>>1053842
Okay I'm just getting into logistics so I'll worry about the shipping penalty for far away zones later
>>
File: PP cost.png (246 KB, 418x310)
246 KB
246 KB PNG
Why does the PP cost of stratagems fluctuate randomly?
The stratagems in the image have been 50 and 10 political power in the past with several other values in between what they are now. What gives ?
>>
>>1053865
The PP cost of your Stratagems is dependent on your Relation with the
Leader who’ll execute the Stratagem. If Relation is higher than 50 you will
have to pay less PP, if Relation is below 50 you’ll have more PP.
The absence of a Leader for the Organization that executes the Stratagem
increases the PP cost to the max. Some Stratagems can also be executed
by the Supreme Council as well as a more specialized Council. Using the
Supreme Council to execute these Stratagems also increases the PP cost.

From 5.6.7. Stratagem GeneratIon and PP Costs
>>
>>1053866
Turns out my Interior Councillor had left the turn prior because he didn't agree with my politics.
>>
>>1053876
Which i should add i have never seen before. He was also the leader of the faction with the most votes and had relatively high relations. Yet i got a pop up on the Vid menu saying he left because Democracy was too high
>>
>>1053882
Yeah you wanna make sure your dudes support whatever profile you're going for
>>
>>1053884
Well i can't really do anything about it. It's a massive Heart/Government/Democracy faction. It was just heart/gov in the beginning with only a little government. Now its an even spread of all 3 things,
Problem here seems to be that the democracy/government people just attach to this faction rather than trying to make their own, which might include mind.
>>
Am i insane or do i need to increase caliber of my artillery in order to remain competetive against more advanced human body armor in this game ?
>>
>>1053937
Body armor adds HP to units, so yeah you gotta do more damage to remain proportional.
>>
Speaking of arty, am I supposed to use them in normal attacks or are they solely so I can do one ranged attack before my troops move in?
>>
>>1053941
Ok so i am not insane. Good to know.
Related to this topic, should one upgrade their trucks engine in conjunction to be able to carry the extra weight of the bigger artillery guns ?
>>
>>1053944
They work for both. When attacking directly they'll target back-line units and will be protected against direct attack by supporting forces unless the enemy manages a breakthrough.

>>1053946
Not required, just get a truck with a +20 move mod and you're good to go for the rest of the game.
>>
The best way to learn the very basics of the game is in a random planetoid map with Robinson Crusoe and tech 4. If you can win that you can move onto a more advanced game.
>>
>>1021079
The art in the trailer on Steam for this game looks so dog shit.
Characters literally look like devianart yakub. Can I mod that shit?
>>
>>1054153
You can, though I don't see the relevance of grafix in a wargame
>>
>>1054154
Comon now, if the art isn't important in the slightest then why don't we just pull out the spread sheets already and play dworf fort.
>>
>>1054158
Gladly
>>
>>1054158
Works for me, ASCII is cozy
>>
>>1054164
Agreed, but this is not ASCII.
This is like an abortion.
>>
File: 1544737273251.jpg (100 KB, 800x800)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>1021079
So how many of you actually paid full price for this?
>>
>>1054171
I got it in a summer sale. I never pay full price for geams these days
>>
>>1054171
Bought it when it first appeared in Steam. There was a discount.
Bought Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive(same dev) full price directly from Matrix store though.
To be honest I enjoyed Decisive Campaigns much more than Shadow Empire.
>>
>>1054171
I buy all the games I play. Can't be fucked for piracy and if a game is on something that requires a new account or some bullshit.
>>
>>1054171
I have 100's of hour in this game and i didnt buy it. Cant be bothered to spend cash when all you need to pirate is literally click one link.
>>
>>1052925
>Put truck station + railheads, not rail stations
You only need a railhead at the "end", to make the logistics points propagate fully down the rail line, not in the middle. If you want to sprout off a road to something you can just put down a truck station anywhere on the rail.
Rails will let some % (maybe 5%? look it up, manualchad) of rail LP flow down them even if there's no railhead/station at the end, so if you only need a little logistics somewhere you can just create a branch and not bother with the railhead at the end.
Finally, there's a good chance if you need logistics somewhere that your truck "network" can already reach it. A Level I truck station can send logistics 28 tiles away before it drops to 0 points on a sealed road, that's about 1/6 of the circumference of a normal sized planet.
>>
File: Chad42.jpg (32 KB, 593x656)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
I just tick the easy logistics checkbox.
>>
File: welcome to the flatlands.jpg (1.21 MB, 2558x1439)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB JPG
Huh, never seen this before, zero mountains, the true flatlands. This seems like a special kind of tank hell.
>>
>>1054854
>he didn't pick a slow orbit
>>
>>1054882
I used to care about these things until i started playing Seth class, where the only things that matter is gravity and planet size.
>>
>>1054907
>deliberately deselecting game features
Whatever works for you, but I'll pass.
>>
Since Navy is the next big update will Vic add features to make getting water more complex then "Be next to lake tile"
>>
>>1054940
Probably not.
>>
>>1054938
What game features am i deliberately deselecting by playing Seth? Water tiles and alien life ?
>>
File: based.png (53 KB, 333x103)
53 KB
53 KB PNG
I have been blessed with hyper basedness
>>
So what are the top super secret ways to grow population fast so I can throw more into the meatgrinder? Also, do games ever get to WW2-like levels of units?
>>
>>1055690
The more cities you have at high civilisation the more pop growth you have but it is still slow. If the planet's population is low then you will have low population no matter what, but it is not uncommon to have worlds with like 6 million people on them.
>>
>>1055690
Scavenge ruins with archeological finds on them to find cloning facilities

You can probably make a handful of divisions but frankly you are better off sticking to brigades and battalions for the majority of your force. Maybe a few regiments of vehicles but that's about it. It is a post apocalypse after all, population is one of the core bottlenecks in the game
>>
>>1055692
>>1055717
It should be an option to have megasized populations at game start. Also, I remember people talking about navy/water based units being planned. Is that true?
>>
>>1055717
>>1055692
I understand that I worded that confusingly, but the two questions were separate
I wasn't asking whether I ever get up to the sheer number of soldiers in World War 2 but whether the number of counters will ever be similar to the number of counters you have in, say, War in the East. Even if each individual counter only has 1/100 the amount of soldiers that it would in WitE
>>
>>1055722
Eh, I would say that you can pull off a world conquest with about 150 to 200 counters.
>>
>>1055730
Got it, thanks
>>
>>1055722
If you focus on tech you can win on a "normal" sized map with probably 10 infantry armies and 2-3 light tank armies, which is about 100 counters. Once you completely out-tech the AI you can push them back with only one infantry every 2-3 tiles as your "front", and then use the light tank armies to make rapid thrusts which causes the AI to think it's getting encircled and pull back.
It's up to you though, you can build as many units as you want. The AI certainly will, they drain their cities to make low-tech infantry to guard the border, yet another reason they're so easily stomped.
>>
File: file.png (3.19 MB, 1789x908)
3.19 MB
3.19 MB PNG
I'm bad with logistics someone please tell whats wrong here
>>
>>1055951
See that red line? That's your problem.
>>
>>1055966
I see the problem but I dont know how to fix it
>>
File: logistics help.png (3.16 MB, 1789x908)
3.16 MB
3.16 MB PNG
>>1055951
The two areas I circled in purple are no problem, because there are other routes between the same two points that still have excess LP (I traced next to them in purple with arrows). You might be happier if you eliminate the duplicate routing just to make the map more clear. I'll provide an example in the next post.
The area I circled in red looks like an actual problem because it's out of LP and there's no duplicate route. It looks like it has rail, do you have a railhead or rail station at the other end? If you do have one of those, consider that the topmost zone's automatic pull points may be overwhelming whatever you have at the bottom so you might need to add pull points at the bottom or use a traffic sign at the central city to block rail LP heading north and push it to the southeast instead.
>>
File: example.jpg (828 KB, 1789x908)
828 KB
828 KB JPG
>>1055996
Here's an example of how to clean up that area. I don't know the actual situation like where the truck and rail stations are, where the big resource producers are that need lots of LP, where the SHQ is, etc, so I'll not promise that this is optimal.
However, you certainly don't need two cities five tiles apart. Merge one into the other, it really doesn't matter which. By eliminating the confusing loop on the eastern continent and replacing it with dual rail/road lines which I represented in orange you'll make the situation there much more clear. You can do the same on the western continent to reduce the number of tiles that rail line travels.
>>
Yeah you want to put your cities around 10-15 tiles apart from each other.
>>
>>1055996
>>1056013
thank's for the help I'll try this out tomorrow and post results
maybe I can eventually figure out how to get good
>>
Is it possible to change my capital city?
>>
Why not have it reflect the market? If lots of construction goes on more pops become builders and engineers and architects and construction becomes cheaper and you might unlock special innovations for having a large population of builders. When less things are being built the amount of builders shrinks and the cost of building new things for both public and private goes up.
Of course this system would require the privet sector to build its own shit.
God Paradox is retarded and has crippled this game for some communist fantasy.
>>
>>1056158
Fuck wrong thread, please kill me.
>>
>>1056158
Well I hope you learned your lesson, which is that you should never, ever expect post-EU4 Paradox to make a good or even just mediocre game
>>
>see this thread
>looks complex and boring
>20 hours later, balls deep into game
>>
>>1056577
its a dangerous beast that knows how to get its claws into you
>>
>>1056577
It is genuinely on the perfect cusp of being too autistic for me. The perfect level of complexity, I have over 100 hours in just a few weeks.
>>
File: Screenshot (120).png (2.93 MB, 1680x1041)
2.93 MB
2.93 MB PNG
>>1055996
>do you have a railhead or rail station at the other end?
just got home and made this screenshot to answer that equestion
I dont really understand the difference between rail heads and stations btw
>>
>>1056968
A railstation make choo choo.
A railhead turn choo choo around to make the rail line complete but no make choo choo.
>>
>>1056968
for some reason it didnt save the writing
>>
>>1056013
>Merge one into the other, it really doesn't matter which
cant do this it tells me "Cannot merge Zone that has City Assets
>>
>>1057003
merging zones is a ballache for no good reason. You need to disband them all.
>>
>>1057014
isnt that a waste of development?
>>
>>1057025
if you do it too late yeah
>>
>>1056968
A rail station generates rail logistics points, many thousands of them. However, only a small percentage of those points can propagate down a railroad unless there is another rail station or railhead at the other end.
>>1056986
In this case, you have a rail station somewhere else and a railhead on that peninsula thing which should let lots of rail LP propagate through. Unfortunately, the other cities that are north and northeast of this image are probably sucking up all the rail LP because of the auto-set Pull Points that cities get. You'll probably need to either put some traffic signs in or add some pull points at that little peninsular front in order to get a lot of LP to propagate there. In general I prefer to use traffic signs because the "bottleneck" overlay setting that I normally use doesn't show pull points so it's easy to throw down 5K pull points to try to equalize a branch and then forget about it and have it fuck me up later.
Don't use "current points" overlay, it's essentially useless. Bottleneck is a better way to visualize your current LP situation, and comparing intial vs preview is how you check that your traffic signs or pull points are going to work the way you hope.
>>
>>1057003
You have to disband all assets that can't exist outside of a city (because you're about to remove the city). So you can leave things like truck stations and farms, but you have to disband any industrial stuff you built or any of the QoL stuff the citizens built.
>>
Ok anons, if i start scavenging a tile, that i don't know has archeological discovery on it, but it actually has, will i get the artifacts or am i paying oppertunity cost by rushing to scavenge before knowing if theres anything there ?
>>
>>1057882
The artifact spots are all pregenerated like resource deposits. They exist even if you haven't discovered them, so logically you should get artifacts from them. I have no idea if that's actually the case though, maybe they don't know what to look for if you haven't discovered its an artifact site. I've personally never noticed an instance of getting an artifact without having a site discovered, but then they are pretty rare so the chances of accidentally building on one before discovery is pretty low.
>>
>generate a 250 million population world
>81 minor regimes (wtf)
>no supercity ruins
t-thanks
>>
>>1058041
>250 million population world
How fucking broken is it?
>>
>>1058041
>Generate a 2 million world.
>After the Apoc the population fucking GREW to 4 million.
The generator is wild sometimes.
>>
>>1058058
I don't understand. Do you play this game?
>>
Why is there not a single community that is not infected by a transgender moderation team? I go outside and not a single transgender, I go online and all internet seems to be transgender? What is going on?
>>
>>1058278
its autism
there a guy on youtube that made a video about "the Psychology of Bronies" that explains a lot of this
>>
>>1048254
i dont mean to kill your motivation, but out of the few times ive fought world wars in my games, the AI just rolled over and died. you just hold most of the front and punch with your tanks in certain sectors, and the AI's territory will split in half.

it gets really fun when you are at 1/4 or less territory of the country you are attacking. always uphill and that keeps everything interesting
>>
if anyone wants to play a world vs a bunch of extremely lethal monsters, i still have the save
>>
>>1058413
The problem is that if you have 1/4 the territory and 1/4 the population to go with it, due to the way the scoring system works you probably already got a game over screen. On the other hand if you have a similar population your real power will be very similar despite any territorial disparity.
>>
how smart and/or fun is the AI?
>>
>>1058474
Smarter then you expect dumber then you want. It is reasonably good at hammering you but the higher difficulties give the AI some cheats that help round the game out. Still it can do breakthroughs and encirclements!
>>
anyone figured out how to population max? I wanna make a bunch of megacities
>>
>>1058474
It's "smart" enough to randomly declare war on you when you're not ready but dumb enough to dump its entire population into low-tech infantry who get wiped by your guys with laser guns because you put your population into research and resource production instead.
>>
>>1048252
Also just use a peace declaration card on them to freeze the borders.
>>
>>1058535
Ideally after making advantageous advances first. Like sniping their big free folk villages or good hex perks. If they're at war with a major and I don't feel like annexing them first I like to try to drive through their territory and cut off the major from their city, so they're safe from the major, before making piece to freeze the border. Later I can destroy the major and politely diplo-annex the minor.
>>
>>1058500
Supposedly health QoL points raise the growth rate but civilization level or something lowers it so they probably balance out.
Just scrap all your militia, be nice to the free folk, etc. That's all you can do. Also zone level doesn't decrease even if the population drops below the threshold so you can make a bunch of level 7 cities as long as you have at least 550K people and a lot of patience. Move them all into one city, raise level to 7, and then recruit them as colonists/soldiers so you can ship them to the next city. Remember that you can move recruits by moving the SHQ they're in or (more realistically) transferring them to another SHQ.
>>
>Megastructures.
>Rings around planets that you can fight though.
>Huge orbital facilities that slowly decay and crumble unless maintenance is kept up destroying anything below them.
>More kinds of ruins.
>Genetic modification for cultures and soldiers.
>Satellite deployment with weapon systems on them.
About all I can think of that could be added to the game after the Sea update. I suppose a better UI is high on the list, an actual model design screen would be great. Other then that this game seems practically finished.
>>
>>1058535
>Also just use a peace declaration card on them
Yeah sure but then later this happened
>>1053127
>How the fuck do I get recon on a minor regime so I can play a peace card? Sick of these assholes violating the NAP
>>
>>1058722
Send 1 spy into their region.
>>
>>1058733
I did and it didn't do shit
It's solved by now, that was like years ago
I just expanded too fast I think, not like additional territory helps you unless you get a city or hex perk
>>
>>1058736
Build your own new cities.
>>
>>1058736
Nigga you sure the card played succesfully then? I have 100% success rate with sending 1 spy to get enough recon to play the propose peace card.
Making them accept however? That might be alot more difficult depending on their culture and relation level
>>
>>1058747
I couldn't play the card, dude. You're not allowed to play it on regimes with 0 recon points
Let it go, you're trying to solve an issue from last week while knowing less about it than I do
>>
>>1058748
Are you retarded?
The send spy card has nothing to do with recon, you just need to be able to see the zone.
Playing the spy card is how you get the fucking recon you need ??
>>
>>1058769
I'm talking about the peace card my man
>>
>>1058773
Fair enough.
But the answer is still the same: If you need recon to play the card, you must play the "send spy" card first, on their zone, in order to get the minimum of 1 recon on their regime.
>>
>>1058778
I did and it didn't give me the recon point even after I waited like 5 turns
I solved it with war
>>
>>1058783
Did your spy survive the end turn? They do get caught over time, sometimes the turn you send them.
>>
>>1058783
Well if it didn't work immediatly, then it might be like >>1058786 says.
You can send two if the first didn't work. The spy card is only 4 PP after all
>>
>>1058792
>>1058786
I don't think he did but I'll check for that the next time it comes up, thanks
Honestly though I've yet to find a reason not to annihilate every minor regime you come across
>>
>>1058820
In the long run? there isn't any. Short term it might be more expedient to deal with those slavers to your north than those peaceful farmers tucked away in their own corner in the south.
>>
>>1058826
Sure, but you don't need a peace card for that, just a couple of troops at the border
>>
>>1058827
Enough troops to cover the entire border because minors WILL push through any gap they can find regardless of the risk of being cut off, especially if your the only major they share a border with
>>
File: what.png (13 KB, 921x163)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
Gentlemen
What the fuck is going on?
>>
I make more than 1k minus per turn even though I dont even have that high salaries and selling ressources isnt enough anymore
how do I make money?
>>
>>1059242
Post your treasury overview
>>
File: combine_images (1).jpg (400 KB, 2583x554)
400 KB
400 KB JPG
>>1059245
>>
>>1059441
Jesus your wages are so high, why are you paying these niggers so much and taxing so little?
>>
>>1059443
I had a bunch of unhappy people so I wanted so I raised wages
>>
>>1059444
Who cares if they are unhappy? So long as QOL goes up they will get over being little bitches. Reduce the pay and put soldiers in your cities. Also your soldiers are paid too much.
>>
>>1059446
alright thanks
also are taxes actually worth it? they seem like small amounts of money
>>
>>1059441
So your problem isn't that you aren't making money. It's the fact you are giving money out everywhere. Let me break down some changes:
First of all, you have public budgets in every city. This is admirable, but entirely unnecessary. You are throwing 487 Cr a turn on it and i recommend you move it to 0 unless the town is really undeveloped.
Second of all your worker salaries are all over the place. Ideally you shouldn't ever go higher than 0.005, the starting amount. Hell, if you have good worker happiness you should go lower.
With that in mind, immedaitly reduce the salary of workers in Lithosnow. You are losing 1236 Cr per round from that city alone. Absurdness.
Your leader salaries aren't entirely terrible, however remeber that govenors aren't really that high of a prestige position, you dont need to pay them so much. Mostly you should pay your SHQ and Directors alot.
You can probably get away with adding another 10% income tax. Try and incorporate the zones that aren't because they dont pay you tax if they aren't.
Finally, if you have any regimes you are friendly with, consider imposing a 25% tariff on export and imports. You can make some mad money off this if you have a sizeable major as a friend.
>>
>>1059449
Small amounts add up over a large population, one of the most valuable assets is population employed by the private sector as you don't pay them and can tax them.
>>
>>1059450
To prove my point about tariffs, see my post >>1051236
>>
>>1059450
>>1059454
thanks bro I get tunnel visioned on fighing wars so I always fail to consider this stuff
>>
>>1059441
There's no need to ever give the public investment, and worker salaries should be 0.004. Maybe 0.005 if the private salary gets too high. You can leave all the salaries at the default buy maybe put soldier pay at 0.001.
>>
File: Screenshot (125).png (11 KB, 125x46)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
update:
I can pay my workers again
>>
>>1059604
Good job anon! Unite that world!
>>
File: 無題.png (1.64 MB, 1330x972)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB PNG
holy SHIT
>>
>>1060090
And my GR tank dies to half starving militia.
>>
>>1060093
You probably got overrun. Just send literally any infantry formation to support the GR vehicles in the future, and overruns become unlikely.
>>
Can i close a council?
I opened foreign affairs on a severe violence world. Needless to say, nobody wants to even consider my offers. I'm just wasting BP and getting cards i dont need.
>>
>>1060124
>overruns become unlikely
But not impossible.
Lady luck is a harsh mistress.
>>
>>1060127
Just defund it.
>>
>>1060127
No.
>>
>>1060090
I think the hi-tech parts from scrapping most of the GR mechanical units (and MG infantry since they use plasma) are more valuable than risking them in combat. High Tech Vault fate cards aren't as common as I wish they were.
>>
>>1060539
Perhaps, but the Cataphract is absolutely nutty if you get it early. You can solo entire minor cities with that shit
>>
>>1058688
It needs more tools in planet generation
>>
how do I improve the chance for zone merging? does stationing troops help?
>>
>>1060572
>solo entire minor cities with that shit
Or lose it to a stray MG hit.
>>
>>1060612
100 culture adaptation score = 100% of population will merge 100% of the time. The skill roll is just for happiness drop.
>>
Alright anons i got a million dollar question for you all:
Why the fuck is there 7 fucking levels of each of the public QOL buildings, when building lvl 1 of each and a little bit of private economy shit on the side EASILY gets you 100 Extreme Civ ?
>>
>>1060674
because some of them do more than just add quality of life
>>
>>1060695
Feel free to elaborate anon. I know about university. What else can you tell me ?
>>
>>1060674
Zone level reduces the effect of the QoL points, so you need to make more and more the higher the zone level gets. Also many people play Democracy which gets up to 100% bonus QoL points so it seems like you don't need to produce very many. Finally, the public buildings produce QoL points much more efficiently per unit population than the private ones, so if you're short on population and have the metal to spare you're better off demolishing private assets and building public ones.
>>
>>1060734
Barracks adds training bonus points which increases the rate of XP gain for your units, provide police for unrest/cult events, and hig hsecurity points provide bonuses in certain events
High health points adds bonuses to event rolls dealing with disease and whatnot
>>
>>1060753
Health points also increase population growth. However, the effect of the points themselves isn't any different than what the private buildings add, which is what anon was asking.
Also, the private lab that the corporation builds can add bonus RP just like the university.
>>
>>1060815
but more is better and more population efficient
>>
>>1060823
Sprechen ze Engles?
>>
>>1061043
follow the conversation? "more is better" is a common expression and the context should make it clear. If you're an ESL I'll spell it out for you. The question is "why build higher levels of quality of life buildings", the answer to which is they provide other benefits than just quality of life. When pointed out that private assets contribute the same additional bonuses the reply is that getting more of those additional bonuses through the higher levels of public assets is better for your empire, and that public assets are more population efficient than private assets.
>>
>>1060737
Ok, i did fail to realize that i am a democracy abuser, so this point is valid.
>>1060753
How does barracks training points work? Do they train all units? Only units in the city?
>>1060815
Source for the health points pop growth increase?
>>
>>1061399
>How does barracks training points work? Do they train all units? Only units in the city?
Freshly recruited green units normally gain 2 experience per round up to a maximum of 20 experience, whether they are still in the SHQ, in a city hex, or to in the field either as their own units or mixed in with other units as replacements. The presence of more experienced units increases the rate at which they gain experience and the maximum experience they can gain outside of combat. The barracks training bonuses increases the amount of xp per round they receive from this training.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.