[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 129 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1635980428980.png (462 KB, 462x652)
462 KB
462 KB PNG
>Company of Heroes 2, huh? More like Company of Kino 2 if you ask me.
>>
I didn't ask, THOUGH.
>>
stfu. It isn't that good.
>>
>>1020813
it is though
>>
File: 1631898653943.jpg (102 KB, 1080x1331)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>Yes, I do play Company of Heroes 2
>>
>>1020805
based coh 2 poster
>>
I once called it "company of zeroes" because I didn't enjoy it, and my friend sperged out for a solid twenty minutes.
>>
microtransactions, premium/p2w commanders, loot drops
everything i wanted in my CoH sequel
>>
>>1020805
its the best RTS there is fuck the fantasy faggots who say otherwise its pretty well balanced ATM axis might be a little OP
>>
>>1020805
What's wrong with the game? I never played it but I know based on basic pattern recognition that any time someone memes a game with the reddit bodybuilder man it's always an utterly garbage game with absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
>>
>>1020813
It is, cope
>>
>>1020990
>I cant winnnnnn
just use the stock commander
>>
>>1020813
it is
>>
File: 1649038648366.png (515 KB, 640x490)
515 KB
515 KB PNG
>>1021955
The only issue is that some commanders have far better abilities than others. That's not even a problem at high level play as nearly any commander is viable if you can use all your core units effectively. Game's fun, always intense and exciting.
>T. 995 hours played, 90% of that MP
>>
>>1020813
just play Spearhead II, bro
>>
>>1021955
1. At least 80% of RTS players only touch singleplayer. COH1 has a more fun campaign (COH2 is all about the misery of Stalinism and its related Hollywood stereotypes) and COH2 Skirmish matches are much more balanced for multiplayer whereas the first game felt like more of a spectacle.
2. Very limited mod support, fairly sure it's impossible to create new models, only kitbash from existing ones. Again, COH1 had big and popular overhauls.
3. When playing, you pick a commander that gives you unique units or abilities. Some are free, but most have to be purchased - either with microtransactions or an ingame currency you grind by playing. In COH1 you picked one of three doctrines, for free.

TL;DR: If you're a compstomper and/or like big overhauls, COH1 is great and COH2 sucks. If you like multiplayer, COH2 is good and has a healthy playerbase as well.
>>
Simultaneously too arcadey and too micro intensive for my boomer brain.
>>
imagine being intimidated by CoH2 30 apm ""mico""
>>
why the fuck isnt the all out war edition available in the US? fuck this microtransaction cancer, these people need to be shot and dumped in a ditch
>>
>>1025401
seethe, mutt
>>
>>1020805
Reminder to play the Strategic Reserves doctrine, every time.
>>
>>1026011
>not spamming penis battalion
NGMI
>>
>>1020809
FPBP
>>
>>1020805
has op played only one fucking game in his entire life?
>>
>>1029258
Yes.
>>
>>1027676
>playing as the bad guy
Allyfagging is not ngmi, it's somehow worse.
>>
Seriously took me a bit to get used to it, when I first played it I was not a fan of the gameplay, especially in comparison to COH.

But over time, it grew on me hard. Seriously one of the best RTS's ever made. Better than 1, almost on par with the original Starcraft. I might get flak for that statement but just remember I don't give a shit.
>>
>>1030043
Based.
>>
Coh 2 is a masterpiece of a game

Maybe not the deepest strategy game. It rewards quick thinking and precision. Almost an action strategy hybrid
>>
>>1029895
>>>/pol/
>>
>>1031048
I believe that's called tactics, anon, real time tactics.
>>
>>1031053
Villain cannon fodder hands typed this post.
>>
>>1024488
I thought Spearhead is dead
>>
I haven't played this game in years. What's a good commander and country to play if I like spamming infantry supported by artillery?
I think I used to play mostly Soviets or maybe Wehrmacht.
>>
>>1031534
>a good commander and country to play if I like spamming infantry supported by artillery?
any country really since everyone is blobbing nowadays. if youre talking about actual strategy then go Soviet because obviously. get any commander that gives conscript ppsh
>>
>>1031534
>>1031538

Practically any armor is decent for mainline spam like he mentioned. I'd be careful with ppsh since those do take away your performance when firing at range. 7 man upgrade is now available at t4 for base soviet army, and it's a safer investment if you don't want to micro cqb.

As for the arty half:
US - Any army with calliope is going to work fine.
OKW - You have the stuka in stock army, but if you want to rush it, recommend picking stuff like feursturm so you can skip T1 healing.
UKF - Doctrines with sexton is a solid choice. They're surprisingly accurate so you can use it to even snipe idle tanks needing repairs.
SOV - Katy is stock army so you' have that covered. Pick something to cover weaknesses until the katyusha is available. I'd avoid 152 howizters and B4, as while they are great, static emplacements can easily be deleted with an air strike.
Wehr - Same as Sovs and OKW, you have a decent rocket truck in stock. And like Sov, you have static arty but they can be easily countered. Alternatively, spam mortar half tracks instead to have a mobile platform that is cheap and performs incredibly well. Smoke for infantry support and incendiary to remove static opponents.
>>
>>1031776
Sounds like I should go with the Wehrmacht. Any specific build order I should consider?
>>
>>1031534
Vanilla Germans, get joint ops, as soon as you have t2 you get your assrifles, stock MLRS and doctrinal howitzers get double output from the spotter squad. On smaller maps you get to wreck the enemy base from an entrenched center super easy.
>>
>>1032711
Second engie, cap points with priority for fuel, avoid engagement. First tech research, use saved up manpower to get a pzgren blob (3 squads usually work), melt enemy infantry, get more of their points. Once you have your future battery position, fortify with a heal/reinforce and mg bunkers. All the fuel you got while doing this should've gotten you to t2 by now, roll out the tanks for anti-armour (missile upgrade on pzgrens makes them shit anti-inf, don't do it unless you have no fuel and the other guy has already built a metal box). If using an army without howitzers and arty officer, just level up to final tech and get the launchers, otherwise build howitzers in your forward base and shell the git's HQ with them. About three howitzers, spotting officer and a couple tanks should get you a rather speedy base wipe.
>>
can you still put scope on the elefant?
>>
File: 1603755032222.png (199 KB, 427x381)
199 KB
199 KB PNG
>compstomp buildorders
>>
>>1032711
That depends on the army you build. If we're specifically talking about the mortar halftrack cheese, then there's three things to consider. What map, what gamemode, what kind of teammate? Going Mortar halftrack typically is fine in any circumstance, but you want ideally large gamemodes and maps with narrow lanes or many shotblockers so your halftracks can fire away without having to worry about an immediate return fire. That said, having mortar halftracks also mean you don't want to build any mortars at the start, which means your teammate either has to cover early smoke/anti-machine gun options as well as maintaining a mainline around mid-game when you will burn manpower and fuel on mortar halftracks. They fortunately don't eat up much micro, but even then, you ideally want to have a teammate that is focused on maintaining a mainline composition so you don't get run over by a blob. With all that said, I'll fling a build order given an ideal teammate.

T1 MG, Gren, MG (You will just cheese with double MG early game, gren exists to faust any early vehicle cheese. Rush for T2)
Panzergren, Pak40, Mortar Halftrack, Mortar halftrack.
Past this point, you can start filling whatever is on your mind. I'd still rush for more armor to bolster your front. Pioneers with flamers will start to get much stronger near late-game as all the craters your mortars create will result in a lot of random yellow cover, allowing your flamers to deal extra damage to enemy infantry in the craters.
>>
>>1025354
Any amount of micro is too much
>>
>>1032733
No
>>
>>1031534
just blob conscript for sov, blob rifleman for usf, blob shrek capable troops with wehr/okw
everyone is blobbing these day
>>
Anyone here have tried COH3? How was it when compared to COH2?
>>
>>1030043
and yet even after that journey of understanding you still can't say more then "it good tho" of coh2
>>
>>1036834
CoH 3 played like a cartoon. Everything just looks so goofy. They need to fire whatever tranny told them "le mod support bad" and let autists fix what they fuck up.
>>
>>1036834
Faction design wise it's better, animation wise its amazing, tank-wise it was underwhelming in its presentation because most of it was very clearly unfinished.
>>
>>1038179
that doesn't tell me anything
>>1039256
oh cool, we'll how well they'll improve the final game then
>>
>>1038142
it IS good tho, it doesn't need any more explanation beyond that
>>
File: 1639253210748.gif (554 KB, 287x216)
554 KB
554 KB GIF
>last patch 8 months ago
>probably last one ever with CoH3 in the making
>mod tools STILL not updated since 2020
JESUS FUCK RELIC YOU DON'T EVEN CARE ABOUT THIS GAME AT THIS POINT JUST LET ME MOD I DON'T EVEN CARE ABOUT ADDING CUSTOM MODELS AT THIS POINT JUST LET ME TWEAK AND CHANGE THE CURRENT VERSION OF THE GAME AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>1020805
This game is crap. Relic tried to innovate, didn't think it through properly, then Sega tried to walletfuck the players and intentionally fucked with the game balance to push microtransactions, and eventually they handed the keys over to a bunch of """pro""" players whose conception of "balance" is so divorced from what most people want from the game they've done nothing but make the game even worse.
>>
File: 1641802690682.png (72 KB, 222x264)
72 KB
72 KB PNG
>>1032734
it's the same niggers who'll complain about multiplayer being filled with build order gookclickers.
>>
>>1043091
Well, the ""balance"" team intentionally set out to cater the game to buildorder gooks even though 95% of the playerbase are co-op compstompers, so I feel I have every right to complain.
>>
>>1043092
You don't participate in tournaments nor shape the meta for it thus saddly you don't.
Nobody said that the majority is right.
>>
>>1043094
I don't give a fuck what the tryhards who want to pretend this RNG clusterfuck is Starcraft think the game should be.
>>
File: do_it_I_dont_care.jpg (47 KB, 640x640)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>1043092
Compstompers don't care about balance. As long as they get flashy explosions and cool units, they will be happy.
>>
>>1043322
>flashy explosions and cool units
this is what every rts should be about
>>
>>1043406
i thought that it should be about commanding
>>
>>1043517
yes, commanding cool units that make the enemy explode flashily
>>
>CoH3
that... is a thing?
Not even meming here
>>
>>1043705
Yes. Been around in development It isn't much at the moment. We'll have to wait and see if it turns into anything worth the time.
>>
>>1020980
I hope that spergout's topic was how the zero airplane was organized in squadrons and not in companies.
>>
>>1020805
Based
>>
>>1043705
there was open alpha in 2021
>>
welp playerbase boost incoming, sseth made a video about CoH 2
>>
not like this cohbros...
>>
File: 20220418085944_1.jpg (32 KB, 392x370)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
hey hey wehrmacht
>>
I remember my first MP game. It was against a USF player who has never played against OKW before. He thought that Kubel could suppress and always retreated when he saw one flanking him. I basically spent that whole match with unlimited force retreat ability.
>>
kubel COULD suppress back then
>>
>>1032734
>>1043091
yeah, this thread is peak /vst/
>>1043092
I can't tell if this is a joke or not, goddamn
>>
>>1035058
I haven't played it in years but surely you can still just pick OKW/US and attack move with your infantry blob.
>>
>>1020805
*Synch errors*
>>
File: 1507496902065.png (791 KB, 1280x1084)
791 KB
791 KB PNG
>>1046655
Aheago Panzer IV is the peak of humanity
>>1046656
My first game was in pre-THQ collapse alpha
Where soviet Zis guns had unlimited, free and vet 0 artillery mode.
And instead of standard barbed wire they could create WWI wired no-man zones. It was so anti-fun no wonder they deleted it in SEGA beta.
Also mortars had range from base to the middle of map.
>>
>>1046655
>he only plays vs ai
>he thinks its hard
Lmao
>>
Wehrmacht design in CoH3 is some next level autism shit
>>
if i get a global key for master edition, and a key for all out war europe edition, will the AOW DLC at least activate in US? Anyone tried this combo?
>>
>>1046655
seff here
>>
>>1020805
you mean that shitty game that came prepackaged with every pre-built gaming rig? HARD PASS
>>
I just picked this game up, anyone want to play some vs games against AIs? I prefer playing these kinds of games with friends but most of mine are too brainlet for strategy games
>>
>>1020805
Holy Mackerel.
>>
>>1049866
They are too brainlet against AI?
>>1049973
That did it!
>>
>>1020805
>DOOD CHECK OUT THIS TOTALLY AWESOME GAME MY FAVE E-CELEB PLAYED
God this place is just nu-/v/.
>>
>>1020805
Fuck off. Sseth is a fine youtuber but you legions of retard fans make his content nigh-unwatchable
>HEY HEY PEOPLE
Fuck off
>>
>>1050100
>>1050102
Who? This game is like 10 years old, personally, I'm not faggot OP, but I play it because I played the first one, I'm not one to care about E-"celebs"
>>
>>1050100
>>1050102
Look at the date the OP was posted, retard-tachi
>>
With CoH1 are the expansion pack downloads redundant or do I need to download them as well?
>>
>>1050100
>>1050102
Op has been making this same thread for months
>>
>>1050102
you okay buddy?
>>
>>1050743
It really depends where you're downloading it from.
>>
>>1050868
oops I meant to mention I have the steam version but I just read that the CoH steam version has everything included.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2.94 MB, 1920x1080)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB PNG
>>1050886
I think it depends, if you had bought the old version you would have 3 separate games, one for the base game and one for each of the two expansion packs and you would launch the latest expansion pack to play all the content, with the Steam version that's all in one, you would get everything in one if you had already owned everything before, but a quick way to check is launching the game, if it looks like pic related, you have everything, here you can see 6 campaigns, and they are all unlocked, if some of them look darker and with a padlock on top of them then I think you would have to buy them separately as DLC.
>>
>>1050935
yeah i already seen it had everything and its set as DLC
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (800 KB, 1920x1080)
800 KB
800 KB JPG
I'm retarded and my Google is broken. Is the game supposed to look like this? The HUD seems to take a big chunk of the screen and the main camera seems zoomed in or something. How the hell do I reconfigure keybindings so I can move the camera with WASD?
>>
>camera seems zoomed
>move the camera with WASD
how to spot a clueless shitter
>>
>>1052680
>CODEX has joined the match
based
>>
>>1052680
Yeah the big black box in middle is intentional.
Yes, it is retarded.

I remember trying to force some sense into dev how stupid it is when OG THQ still owned Relic.
>>
>>1046655
>Sseth
I don't know what his videos are, but they sure as fuck aren't reviews.
>>
>>1046655
I could beat Seth in CoH2
>>
>>1052795
there are no reviewers on youtube, only influencers.
>>
>>1052680
Yes, that's all intentional, HUD is yuge, but if you use resolutions larger than 1080p (even by downsampling or using DSR/VSR) you can scale it down which helps, the camera is very zoomed in, you can zoom out slightly, but it still looks awful.
>>1052696
The camera could be further away, it really feels claustrophobic after playing other RTS/RTT games, and WASD camera is nice and works well in games like World in Conflict, it's not a bad idea.
>>
>the map is too zoomed in, I can't see anything
>btw I move around the map in the slowest, most inefficient way possible
I wonder if these two complaints are in some way connected
>>
>>1053058
You'd really defend the hilariously zoomed in camera? Relic said they don't allow you to zoom out because it's more "cinematic" this way, it's fucking awful being attacked by shit that's off the screen or near the border of the screen, when there's not really a practical reason for the camera being like that, other than maybe performance reasons.
And you really need to play more strategy games, WASD movement on these kind of games can be really good, it frees your mouse to only deal with micro while you can could still use some hotkeys from time to time when you don't have to move the camera, of course, Relic thinks giving more options to the player on how to customize their experience is a waste of time, apparently.
>>
File: 1648474100331.jpg (9 KB, 268x229)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>1053062
>WASD movement on these kind of games can be really good
>>
>>1053066
Alright, buddy, I accept your concession, unless... You'd like to show your 1v1 rank/ladder position?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (3.18 MB, 3840x2160)
3.18 MB
3.18 MB JPG
>>1052680
You could make the HUD this size (or even smaller, there's a slider for its size once you go beyond 1080p), if you don't mind playing in 4k, unfortunately, it makes the cursor smaller.
Whoops.
>>
>>1053062
Well coh3 is really zoomed out so you should be happy
>>
>>1053714
It would take a lot more than that for me to be happy for a Relic's game after CoH1, but we'll see
>>
File: 1593622371328.gif (233 KB, 540x402)
233 KB
233 KB GIF
>>1053079
Why those fuckers can't just make a customizable UI, where you could place specific elements wherever you want, turn off the mostly useless ones like the huge-ass unit description or scale them however the fuck you want. If that one guy who made Banished can do that with UI made out of windows containing spreadsheets and text, then single A company can do so with minimap, gridkeys, etc.
>>
>>1047787
this "review" is literally the embodiment of all the problems with /vst/
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (266 KB, 1280x720)
266 KB
266 KB JPG
>>1054148
Relic is just shit, however, for Coh 3 they're making a much more minimalistic HUD, it doesn't looks as nice, but it let's you see a lot more of the game, so it's an upgrade.
>>
why the fuck is master collection not on steam? whoever's behind this game's monetization are beyond jews
>>
>>1054360
Speaking of, have they said anything about mods yet? I need autists to just fuck my shit up and make the game 10x harder with realism mods.
>>
>>1054360
Good, that's how it should be. They can prettify it however they want, as long as it's not taking a 3rd of my screen. Though it's kind of dumb how are they moving the unit icons from top right to bottom and doctrine/commander abilities from bottom-middle to right.

>>1054387
Not that Anon, but somehow I doubt they will do it. CoH1 modding was bootleg, but lent itself to some amazing projects. CoH2 had actual support, but with far more limitations than CoH1. It's just a hunch, but I bet they'll try the drip-feeding-content model again, since it brings money.
>>
>>1054209
Such as?
>>
I liked Sseth's review of this game. It's hard to really get in-depth when covering games like Coh2, nor does it really mean much to people just hearing about it. That said, I hope we can ride the brief attention to get some new players in. So we can stomp them into the dirt. Or show them how to play, but let's not kid ourselves.
>>
>>1054841
an influx of wehraboos playing against easy ai on mods to just turtle for 2 hours changes absolutely nothing
>>
>>1054447
Dunno why they suddenly hate the modding community. It can literally only improve the game and sell more copies.
>>
>>1054841
he could have done a lot better, either he got sick of doing this or he hired an editor, did the voiceover and collected the paypiggy shekels
I mean all he did was list the features with actual gameplay/stock WWII footage playing in the background and showed off anime decals for a bit
it's not a review (none of his videos are) and it's not a complete ADD mess that has barely anything to do with the actual game (which is what I watch his videos for)
>>1052680
>>1054360
I like the CoH2 slab HUD more
feels more organised and solid (here's HUD, he're the rest of the game)
CoH3 minimalistic one is just shit scattered all over the place
>>
>>1055552
>I like the CoH2 slab HUD more
I agree, it looks and feels like it's really a "part of the game" if that makes sense, same with the one in CoH1, but it's undeniable that the one in CoH 3 let's you see more of the game, which is really good.
>>
>>1055332
>Dunno why they suddenly hate the modding community. It can literally only improve the game and sell more copies.
I wouldn't say that they hate it, but I think their silence on modding is telling. If they wanted to market it, they would at least say "yes, it will be there". Plus, people playing mods could be paying to play DLC.
>>
>>1055313
seethe, russoid
>>
>>1055935
wehraboo spotted
>>
>>1043086
this tbqh, I'm so fucking pissed at the absolute state of the game now. It feels totally fucked compared to a year or two ago. Can't wait for a (hopefully) more balanced game in CoH3. Everyone spams weird build orders and the name of the game seems to be blobbing moreso than ever.
>>
>>1050100
You are PROFOUNDLY fucking dumb lol
>>
>>1056280
>Can't wait for a (hopefully) more balanced game in CoH3.
You should probably lower your expectations, a lot.
>>
99% of balance complains are a skill issue. It's so easy to snowball your advantages as a better player in CoH games that faction balance is not even a factor.
>>
>>1056392
Yeah. There's a lot of ladder climbers who have told me that abusing a certain composition is enough to beat most.
>>
>>1035058
Go play Graviteam:Tactics
>>
>>1050100
Based. Nu-/v/ absolutely seething at this.
Go find a better E-celeb, trannies.
>>
>>1056392
>>1056480
This actually proves the balance is kind of fucked.
>Learn meta commander (Like Guard Motor Coordination for Soviets or Elite Armored for OKW) to a T and have a build order set up
>Easily climb ranks, even reaching top 50 without that much effort.
You're not gonna see the same happening with the commanders that are considered weak.
>>
>>1056767
>have a build order set up
nigga, do you just hop in the game and pray for the best? no wonder you keep on whining
>>
>>1056837
No, well sometimes, but you seem to have only quoted that part instead of the whole thing... What I meant is that these people that can quickly raise in the ladder by using OP commanders obviously fit these units into their build order, for example getting double guards or double 120mm mortars, and they fit these into their build order because they're OP as fuck, hence, the balance is shit, is it more clear now? They're not neccesarily skilled, they are mostly abusing units that are overpowered.
>>
>>1056853
And what's stoping you from playing meta strats yourself? Is you idea of "perfect balance" being able to just spam whatever units you want and get the same results?
>>
>>1056860
It's boring to do the same shit everytime, which is why I go out of my way to not use meta shit, I know I shouldn't expect much from the balance team or Relic, but yeah, I'd like for more units to viable, that's not unreasonable, is it?
>>
>>1056055
Go on, whine some more. It won't make your NPC villain faction any less cringe.
>>
File: mallet.jpg (14 KB, 480x363)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>1056767
Do you never lose units? Does your opponent never surprise you with an off-placed mine? Does you AT Gun never miss that last finishing shot? There are so many ways for things to go off your pre-planned course, that even if you play games with same build orders, same commanders and on the same map, they will play out differently. Snowballing is a thing in pretty much every RTS.

>>1056392
>balance is not a factor
>what is Dank Hunters back when mass PTRS melted heavy tanks and weapon teams with deflection damage
>what is Elite Troops on release
>what is Soviet Windustry on release
>what is Advanced Cancer Regiment on release
>what is Prostruppen back when their slot items were not affected by their accuracy penalty and they could freely convert munis into manpower
>>
>>1020813
best RTS of all time
economy is fucking gay
>>
>>1056989
>best RTS of all time
you clearly haven't played many RTS games
>economy is fucking gay
because it doesn't exist?
>>
>>1056975
>Do you never lose units? Does your opponent never surprise you with an off-placed mine? Does you AT Gun never miss that last finishing shot? There are so many ways for things to go off your pre-planned course, that even if you play games with same build orders, same commanders and on the same map, they will play out differently. Snowballing is a thing in pretty much every RTS.
Of course, but you have better odds when you use the meta shit.
>>
>>1057004
>Of course, but you have better odds when you use the meta shit.
Yes, but it doesn't mean you'll get that win every time. After you go through all the shitters on the ladder, you'll start meeting other meta shit, often picked specifically to counter your meta shit.

Though I'll admit that Guard Motor is meta since day 1, because it's got almost all bases covered. Elite long range infantry? Check. Premium medium that can go head to head with Axis mediums? Check. Mark Target for reliably penetrating Axis heavies? Check. Heavy mortar and crew repairs are less impactful, but still great. It loses a bit steam in 2v2 and 3v3+ clusterfucks, since having recon and off-maps for deleting artillery is almost mandatory.
>>
https://youtu.be/Ywr8O71_KWo
Missed the first series on Twitch FFS
Does anybody know when the next one is?
>>
>>1057080
Is guard motor really good? Yeah. Is guard motor OP meta cancer with no counterplay? Not even close.
Also lmao at discussing teamgames
>>
>>1056767
>>Learn meta commander (Like Guard Motor Coordination for Soviets or Elite Armored for OKW) to a T and have a build order set up
>>Easily climb ranks, even reaching top 50 without that much effort.
Show us rank
>>
File: Untitled.png (143 KB, 364x559)
143 KB
143 KB PNG
>>1057093
Why?
>>
>>1057105
Show us playercard, not some random screenshot
>>
>>1057109
I'm not gonna dox myself, anon, you can try to reverse search the image if you don't believe that's me, 130~ is not even that high of a rank so I don't know why it would be hard to believe.
>>
>>1057111
Actually, I just realized you could somewhat easily get to my player card just from that screenshot, so maybe I just kind of doxxed myself, at least a little bit.
>>
>>1057111
>>1057115
>Elite Armor
>meta
Post your playercard
>>
>>1046655
He just plays against so lole.
>>
>>1057126
AI*
>>
File: file.png (1.82 MB, 1920x1080)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB PNG
>>1057121
It may not be that meta, but it's certainly very strong with the HEAT shells and the 221 start, anyway, fuck it, here's my player card, I trust you'll share yours now, right?
>>
File: 20220514232354_1.jpg (8 KB, 355x126)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>1057131
I kneel anon
my rank is inactive, but I last competed 14-16 with AEF and 15-17 OKW
>>
>>1057152
What a tweest.
>15-17 OKW
I'm kinda working on that but I'm only 14 OKW now, how come you stopped playing btw?
>>
>>1057131
>HEAT shells
Unnecessary muni drain unless the t-34-85 shows up
>and the 221 start
1 trick pony, if you pull it off you have strong fuel presence otherwise you will lose a large early fuel investment
Elite Armor is nowhere near meta, it's passable at best
>>
>>1057159
>Unnecessary muni drain unless the t-34-85 shows up
More damage on demand is unnecessary? I don't know anon, even agaisnt T34-76s it's good, it's just more raw damage.
>>
>>1057156
You'll get to it, hoping I get to be good at AEF and SOV
I was like 10-12 UKF over being unable to cope with their engineer only snare and I dropped them completely, also my AEF must have been 14 circa at the time because I was matched with your OKW
>how come you stopped playing
I had a massive backlog that i almost completed and also work so I have like 10 matches only with the last patch, planning to restart soon hoping I haven't already lost all the hotkeys muscle memory so I'm just hopping in /vst/ threads here and there
>>
>>1057167
It keeps any medium within a 4 shots to kill unless a snare was used on it
It can be situationally great, or it can have no effect
It becomes really useful against heavies and t-34-85, but considering only t-34/85 are somewhat meta after KV-1 and ram nerf that makes it a situational counter
221 can be strong against USF, and can be very useful in actually locking down a fuel so that, when supported, that sector becomes much harder to take over (vetted 223 on lockdown is a surprisingly resilient pain in the ass) and synergizes with the Flak HQ, but that can also backfire, 223 needs to pay for its cost and costs a lot
Again, not a bad doctrine, but to say that it's meta is weird
It used to be before the Sturmtiger nerf
>>
>>1057176
I never liked UKF too much, I'm 11 with them currently because I tried them again yesterday and got that rank, but I think they're just unfun, maybe if get very bored of all the other factions I'll try them again.
>planning to restart soon
Nice.
>>
By the way am I just retarded or is this unit a pain in the ass to actually make it work
I'm sure it's strong once the dps snowballing kicks in but holy shit it is completely useless dps wise early game and robs me of a volk or raketen while taking forever to vet up
Should I just git gud?
>>
>*It's useless in your path*
Why wouldn't you just pick a command Panzer IV?
You get better AI with less micro, a turret, actually countering T-70s and you can still use smoke with a paid ability that delivers it faster
>>
>>1057200
If you mean by Sturm Officer, they're "good" in the sense of having an obers squad as early as cp 2. No LMG, I know, but even with Kar98, they do pretty well. The forced retreat and focus fire are all strong utility too.
>>
>>1057206
>>1057206
Stug E gets good at vet 2 and very good at 3, also, it's very cheap, especially good against blobbing and if you can micro it and attack ground with it will fuck enemy infantry, soviets larger 6-7 man squads even more so.
>>
>>1043086
This guy gets it.
>>
>>1047787
Having problem with guy playing his own game. Idk why you salty. Whatever the fuck he's doing "wrong", he's doing it in his own "house". No need to shame. I wouldn't even shame a person playing vs easy bots only, simply because it has nothing to do with me.
>>
>>1050098
My best friend plays exclusively SP games and LoL so unfortunately I understand this anon...
>>
>>1056291
They're salty a guy can make easy buck just by his easy-going persona.
>>
>>1052795
I'm working in hotel which has 5 stars in name but isn't 5 star hotel so Sseth isn't biggest offender here
>>
>>1054375
Just buy from keyshops. I'd shill price comparing website but idk how /vst/ jannies react on those
>>
>>1057091
Most players stick to team games.
>>
>>1043086
Very truthful and yet the game is enjoyable, how did they do it?
>>
>>1057398
Graphics are not cartoony shit. It's the same era of relic as DoW2, which unlike the plastic looking parts 1 and 3 was based off Forgeworld's models and painting style. FW were massive historical wargaming nerds, and their influence spilled over into CoH2. Compare it with hollyshit pulp of the first game and the "green army men" look of the sequel's test builds, without that influence lelics consistently shit the bed.
>>
>>1043086
Thing is, even when Relic gave balance into the hands of community team, they gave them plenty of restrictions. For example, no patch made by them barring the last one added new infantry textures into the game. I think the closest thing was adding the antenna to 221 to make it into 223 for Elite Armour. Also, I think I remember someone from the balance team mentioning that they can't do all they want back when US teching got reworked and again when they added 7-man upgrade to Cons.
>>
>>1020805
What the fuck is the point of the t-34 ram? It does no almost no damage and only stuns the enemy for 1 s before they use their gay blitzkrieg speedboost to reverse out of any danger while your tank always becomes immobile so basicaly youre wasting 90 fuel to stun for 1s
>>
>>1057530
for role playing
>>
File: t34_spots_a_tiger.jpg (77 KB, 1000x568)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>1057530
When was the last time you played? Currently it damages engine while also disabling weapons and slowing down the target by 75% for 5 seconds. All of that is applied regardless whether the ram penetrates or not - if it's deflected, it deals 80 damage instead of 160. Combine with IL-2 Rocket Strafe or Anti-tank Overwatch or some other AT off-map and even the heaviest of tanks get wrecked.
>>
This game demoralizes me. I used to be able to consistently beat expert AI 1v1. Now I can't even make it to T4 on the same map with the same commander. Growing old sucks.
>>
>>1057268
Three men Obers squad at the same timing of Shocks is an awful deal
>>
https://www.twitch.tv/aecoh
HH vs JJJ
>>
>>1057643
There is just no use case exept if you have a 1hp t34 and just yolo it, otherwise youre bether off just repairing your tank and hope for a bether opprotunity to kill your enemy
>>
>>1024488
Spearhead II mod is fun yea but absolutely not balanced
>>
>>1057689
>There is just no use case exept if you have a 1hp t34 and just yolo it
If ramming a damaged heavy and dropping an off-map on top of it guarantees a kill, then it's better than giving ground to repair and trying to plink away at its armor again.
>>
It started boys
>>
>>1057738
What? The noob flood?
>>
>>1057663
>AI
>>
>>1057696
I don't want balance, I want the War as it was. If a Pak 40 one shots my Sherman or a P-51 bombs my tank as soon as I deploy it, then fine.
>>
>>1057816
why play CoH then?
>>
>>1057819
It's fun! Game is very reactive and cinematic. Not quite a simulator but realistic enough so I don't need to dedicate a couple hours to take 1 village.
>>
>>1057663
Expert AI is the wrong kind of challenge, they have a lot more resources than you and will have tanks and other more expensive shit before you, they do not know how to retreat properly so you can always punish that, but seriously they are just shit to play agaisnt, consider playing matchmaking, at least team games, it will feel more rewarding.
>>
I haven't played this or any other RTS in ages, balance feels very different now and i don't really like it, soviets feel the most familiar but are obviously more micro intensive.
What's are the fotm commanders for US and Soviets right now?
>>
>>1057926
>but are obviously more micro intensive.
They aren't
>What's are the fotm commanders for US and Soviets right now?
Airborne, Heavy Cavalry, Tactical Support, Mechanized, Rifle
Airborne, Guard Rifle, Guard Motor, Shock Rifle, Defensive Tactics, Armored Assault
>>
>>1057926
>Soviet
>Micro-intensive
Nigga you have an early game unit that counter literally everything. Penal is your all in one anti-infantry, anti-MG, anti-light tanks, anti-the-whole-OKW
>>
>>1058434
Elite factions are always easier to play.
>>
>>1058453
Nigga try playing OKW and see how easy it is.
>>
>>1058434
That's why you don't play esports faggot "balance patches", roll out the mods and be happy.
>>
is EUROPE the only region where you can buy the All Out War edition? Grinding for these commanders seems like a massive pain in the ass
>>
File: 1639138968165.png (30 KB, 656x527)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
I've been exclusively playing 3v3, 4v4 vs AI for the past couple of years.
Is this a sign of autism?
>>
>>1059234
yes
>>
File: me.jpg (32 KB, 600x485)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>1059234
no. I like 4v4 too because there is more room for mistakes. I once lost two KT in one game and still won because my team is made of turbo autists. Less shit flinging too because everything is so chaotic that no one knows who's to blame when shit happens.
>>
>>1058496
it really is. You have tools for everything that's needed and technically you don't even need a commander.
>>
>>1059302
>>1058651
OKW has some inherent issues in their tech order that is more apparent when savvy players abuse it. For one, you have no counter to snipers other than using JLI or 221, and even then that expecting opponents make a bad positioning move. Even then, your counters come much later than the sniper. Soviets can also abuse the fact you don't get fausts straight away to rush clown cars. The same relation goes for British UC starts and even with a raketen, decent players will just back up for a repair. You also have no smoke until unlocking T1, although a counterargument can be made the leig is so nice you more or less will always pick it up anyways. In summary, fairly awkward early game against people who target you as you have no access to tools to make counters easy.
>>
>>1059343
That's why you play mods with German subfaction mergers, like angriff. Fixes every tech issue right away.
>>
>>1059404
>That's why you play mods
wtf
>>
>>1020805
First one is better
>>
>>1059562
Vanilla is shit. No units, everything doctrine locked, gimped upgrades. It's all stinking garbage, get some tuning packs.
>>
>>1059696
I've only tried tuning packs a couple of times and they're fun for a couple runs. That said, I prefer vanilla over modded packs, especially content that just unlocks all the units, as balance is easier to appreciate in automatch. No doctrine or strategy has every tool available, so there's at least one or another weakness to exploit. This is just my take as an automatcher. I feel the same isn't as important versus AI since they have their own tricks up their sleeves.
>>
>>1059343
This is why I think Faust should be tier 1 like AT is for panzerfusiliers. It's utterly retarded how I have to stick with Breakthrough or Grand Offensive to stand a chance in the early game.
>>
>>1059738
>pvpfag
There's no saving you, it's incurable.
>>
>>1059751
It's been something that has been argued for a long while. OKW definitely hurts without fausts early game and it more or less default to teching quick or keeping fuziliers on speed dial once you spot or hear light vehicles roaming. That said, with how fast you can plop down a med truck, I think the window for light vehicles to cause havoc is at best around the first couple of minutes. Personally, I agree that early fausts should just be universal, but given that other than wehrmacht and brits, everyone has to tech for AT nades one way or another, it's hard to justify that sort of change without shifting a lot of balance.
>>
>>1059758
>>
>>1059758
>having fun with AI that no semblance of strategic thinking and maphack artillery you all the time
yeah blowing up vet 0 kubelwagen that runs straight into your tank/ AT 30 minutes into the game every 2 minute is so fun
>>
I hope that there will be 3 German factions in COH3.
>Wehrmacht
>Afrika korps
>Waffen-SS (or whatever their sanitized name is)
Italy can be rolled into the DAK and other Axis power can be rolled into the SS as foreign volunteers
>>
>>1059806
I believe they will have Italy show up mostly as partisan resistance, but I don't think it is going to gloss over the fact that there are Italians on both sides
>>
>>1059805
That's why you set the AI's faction to commie or burger, now that clown car suicide is historical accuracy.
>>
>>1059758
I'm sorry you're braindead.
>>
>>1060383
I'm not, unlike the pvp esports metacucks. If you play ranked, you are a gelded chinaman twink for life.
>>
>I'm not like other giiiiiirls
>>
>>1060429
Holy cope
>>
File: copium.png (14 KB, 76x74)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>1060429
>>
>>1060429
It must sure take a looooooot of effort to win against shitty AI.
>>
>>1060450
>>1060611
>>1060861
Lmao pvptards giga mad
>>
>>1060429
>>1061312
Mod brain into yourself
>>
>>1061312
CoH AI is retarded, it has no clue when to retreat
>>
>>1057689
Trading a 300mp and 90 fuel tank+~200 muni call-in to kill their 700mp and ~270 fuel tank is definitely worth it
>>
>>1057926
USF is way more micro intensive (vech crews, Sherman at/he shells, needing to constantly close distance with rifles, light vehicle dependency (especially the hell that is the AA HT)). Soviets is comfy levels of micro
>>
>>1057689
Nigga, you do realize how cheap a 34 is in comparison to Axis tanks, right? Trading 90 fuel to anchor and damage a 140 fuel tank is always worth it.
>>
>>1061434
Caremad
>>1062403
Once again, that's why you set it to allied armies. They were still mentally in 19th century, so it only adds historical accuracy.
>>
Giving you to a retard isn't going to make it stop
>>
>>1062470
>Wehraboo compstomper
>>
File: cowabunga_it_is.jpg (47 KB, 710x539)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
Congratulations Anon! Relic has asked you (yes you!) to make one change to each faction that would actually improve the overall balance. The only caveats are that you cannot add any new assets to the game and the changes must be as weird as possible. What do you change?
>>
>>1062505
allycuck caremad, stay butthurt
>>
>>1059758
>>1060429
>>1061312
>>1062470
>>1063057
timmy, it's time to do your homework
>>
>>1059120
I live in Africa and I can get it
Must be an Amerimutt thing
>>
>>1057816
Wikinger mod is probably as close as you can get to that
>>
OKW needs an armored transport. Opel Blitz is too fragile to be useful.
>>
>>1063133
Opel Blitz is more for reinforcing and medic anyways. OKW do indeed have no armored transport though,
>>
>>1057206
stug E is fucking broken, at rank 2 he fucking outranges AT guns, and that accuracy jesus
>>
>>1063051
Revert MG formation update.
People should be punished with deathloop for poorly placed MG.
>>
>>1058434
not really they get rekt by MGs like any infantry, that's why you play with your werhmacht OKnoob
>>
>>1058434
Tier 1 is a massive gamble that only pans out if you're better than your opponent and turbo stomp them
If it's even he's just going to get a medium and his infantry will be way better by that point, and then it's a really though game against huge deadly blobs that have ridiculous veterancy bonuses and weapons, while having to micro and mine everything to protect your SUs
>>
>>1063258
What? The formation was changed to solve the problem of elite squads like LMG Obers or LMG Paras continuously lasering down gunners while charging from the front, not letting them fire even a single full burst. It was retarded.
>>
>>1063258
fuck that, i once had two maxim lose to a Falschi blob and that's post update
kys OKblobtard
>>
>>1062412
how close should my riflemen be to a fight?
>>
>>1063541
It largely depends on what you're going up against and if you're using the commander that unlocks the M1919 LMG, If you're using normal Riflemen with/or without BARs, then you want to be at mid range or closer, think of medium range as the mid point between being right on top of them and being at max range, about 15~ units of range, this mostly applies to early game against Volksgrenadiers, Panzerfusiliers, Osttrupen and Grenadiers, these units are better at max/long range, expect to lose against these units if they're parked behind cover, if you can close the distance by covering the approach with smoke or by breaking line of sight then you will have the advantage.
If you have Riflemen with M1919s then you can use them just like Grenadiers with LMG42.
If the enemy is strong at close range, like Panzergrenadiers, Assault Grenadiers, Sturmpioneers, Pioneers, etc, then attack at max range and stick to cover if possible, they will have to get closer to do any significant damage to you and will most likely lose half or more of their models closing the distance, this applies no matter what weapons you're using and doubly so if you have no weapon upgrades at all.
>>
>>1063563
this may be a retarded question, but if my riflemen without an m1919 have green cover against a long range unit in green cover, what should i do? i normally just stay in green cover and let the mortar/whatever help since i thought it'd be retarded to run at them and try to close the distance.
>>
>>1063584
In that scenario I see 2 options, you could do as you say and let the mortar + riflemen combo deal with the enemy, you should definitely win that no matter what, but it might take some time, specially if the mortar is attacking from max range, making it less accurate.
You could also drop smoke right on top of the long range unit, and then close in with the rifleman, assuming both squads are equally healthy, without weapon upgrades, and are so close to each other as to negate any cover bonuses, the riflemen will win.
>>
>>1063316

Yes, I'm aware that it's meant to counteract gunners getting constantly downed forcing retreat because they didn't get suppression down straight away. This is an issue I find more common with misplays of unsupported MGs that are not set up ahead of time. Maxims are the exception in this, as they need this formation given how much they can struggle, but .50cals and dshk have had a much easier time turning around and suppressing without the same concern for gunner death loops after the update. It's not a popular opinion, but I figured I'd toss an uncommon change rather than something everyone has harped on about for years.

>>1063368
Also, fuck you fag I play mostly Soviets and I still hold this opinion. You probably spam team weapons.
>>
>>1063584
I'd add that you can simply choose to disengage if both are at long range by walking around shotblockers. There's no reason to commit to a scenario where you have to make the risk. Go for a cut off or flank where you can more reasonably put yourself at a good range instead. Riflemen do best at range 5-10 against other mainline infantries (Volks, Grens), excluding m1919 upgrade situations. If that is confusing, range 5 is slightly longer the length of an armored truck from head to tail. Against units with better close range damage (Sturms early game, as an example), you can still commit to the engagement if they approach from range, as your dps will ramp up the more they close in. With cover + their movement accuracy penalty, you can typically drop models and forcce their retreat, or retreat early and at least deal some manpower drain before disengaging.
>>
>>1063619
Just one upgraded Ober or Fall squad can very easily frontally decrew MGs, unsupported or otherwise, it's dumb, your opinion is not popular and uncommon precisely because it's just not good.
>>
>>1063628
Then the question is:
Why shouldn't a 340 manpower unit with 60+ munition cost have a chance to win against something around 240~260 manpower unit?
>>
>>1063644
Because the 240-260 unit's job in this case is to neutralize the 340 manpower unit, especially when said 340 mp unit attacks from the front, right in the 240-260's firing arc, that's really the problem, now this is more of a Maxim vs Ober/Fall problem, Maxim is kind of shit and Ober/Fall are very good, hence the somewhat controversial change of HMG crew positioning, I'm fine with getting fucked hard by obers if they completely flank and negate the firing arc, but as it was it was kind of ridiculous, at least this way Maxims have more of a chance to do its job.
>>
File: obbo-0015_1_14.jpg (99 KB, 853x1280)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>1063656
Riddle me this then, batman.
It's safe to assume that you're going by the angle that MGs are anti-infantry. They neutralize infantry. But I could just as comfortably insist that the same could be implied in reverse. Why else do you build obers and falls? To cap maps? It's not like they have snares like mainline. No. They are anti-infantry too.
>>
>>1063105
where did you buy it from? All the key site list it as EU. I'm in east asia.
>>
>>1063661
HMGs are inti-infantry not neccesarily because they can kill infantry fast, but because they can suppress them and essentially keep them out of the fight, that's what I meant by neutralizing them, just to be clear.
Obers and Falls are most certainly very strong anti-infantry, but they should not be able to run into an HMG's arc, stand still there and kill the whole crew, especially if you had spotted and starting firing at them before they could fire at you, if they flank, or quickly get out of the arc, then by all means, wipe the HMG's crew, I can't be mad at that, but just not from the front, not from the firing arc.
>>
>>1063671
Alright. That's clear enough. MG should win against infantry that stand in their arc. I think that's fair. But I'm going to circle back to previous post I made about certain MGs able to more or less survive flanks by turning and not getting gunner death-looped via the new formation. Before that, flanking them was the go to, but now there's a good chance they just whirl straight around and tank the initial damage with two models not on the gun. What should we do? Nerf the MGs specifically?
>>
>>1063678
It's tricky to balance, maybe slightly increase the set up time? Now that they have an easier time avoiding getting deathlooped due to the new formation they can perhaps have a lenghtier set up time, not that I trust the people in charge of balancing the CoH 2 to get fix that in decent way...
>>
I support Ober being able to outfight MG. They are a late game unit with limited utility anyway. Let them have their niche as both anti-infantry and anti-MG. Fallscrim shouldn't though. They are available too early and can deploy from everywhere.
>>
>Less units, meaning less micro.
>Units with powerful long range damage and infantry based AT mean that attack moving is more effective.
>MGs and tanks mean that you will win any frontal engagement.
Explain how axis aren't braindead as fuck?
>>
>>1063723
because the soviets are more braindead.
>>
>>1063733
With soviets you literally don't win any engagement by default, you have to outplay them.
>>
>>1063073
Caremad.
>>
>>1063733
Soviets are unironically harder than Both Ostheer/Wehrmacht and OKW; they lack the tools these two factions have, their support weapons are infinitely worse, their standard tanks are outperformed and are so fragile that a single infantry AT squad can bring them down and until VERY recently could not build any fortifications at all
>>
>>1063909
What tools do Soviets lack? T2 start gives you the standard crews and conscripts have arguably more utility than grens. Maxims don't suppress better than an MG42 unless it turns on sustained fire, but it has more models and thus harder to wipe. Soviet mortar is arguably one of the best because it has flares, which is an invaluable intel tool in comparison to counter barrage. The AT gun is hardly anything to complain about, as the pen value is only 10 less than a pak40, which is more than made up for by the barrage skill that gives it an extra layer of utility.

Tanks-wise, sure, they have less armor value, but if you're complaining about the T-34, they are incredibly cost effective. Plus, the tank has exceptionally high anti-infantry damage as both the hull and frontal MG were buffed. The only way "Single AT Squad" which I assume is a panzergren with rockets or Sturmpioneers has a chance to kill one is if you stood perfectly and just allowed the T-34 to die without facing it to wash them down with MG and main gun.
>>
>>1064467
Honestly the only thing that I think Soviets lack is a non-squishy infantry high vision unit, you've got the scout car and the T70, but something like pioneers would be nice.
>>
>>1064518
Cons scale very well for their weaker early game durability. 7 man squads with 0.7 received accuracy is incredible. If they were to get base line buffs, the upgrades would need to be nerfed.
>>
>>1064644
Yeah, Cons really are good, but I just meant to have some sort of scout infantry, but I guess abilities like the mortar's flares, cons tripwires and stuff like that is supposed to be the Soviet player vision
>>
>>1064682
Yeah. There's also the option for going snipers, though that's quite micro-intensive compared to a fire and forget flare.
>>
Is it just me or is the Jagdpanzer with HEAT rounds retardedly op? For only 135 fuel and 35 munitions, you get a tank that outranges most medium and has KT level of penetration. And that fucking shit can camouflage.
>>
>>1065413
Tank destroyers are only OP until you get close to them or force them to move. The gun traverse on all SPGs is garbage, so don't let them shell you from far away where they get a bigger field of fire. Get closer, turn that field into an easily avoidable tunnel, and blow them up. Oh, and they don't have MGs, rocket infantry is extra happy.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.