[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 74 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

File: New canvas.jpg (108 KB, 1920x1040)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
Off to post some opinions about the few factions I tried so far in that new update.
>>
File: 0001.jpg (3.07 MB, 1920x1040)
3.07 MB
3.07 MB JPG
They're still the most vanilla faction, with versatile basic units, but in the later game, a speciality toward slashing damage, with a lot of foot knights. That speciality can be mitigated with crossbowmen as a source of piercing damage, while trebuchet or heavy cavalry can be used to deal crushing damage and destroy enemy buildings or armos.
Depending from their heroes, they can also unlock some magical damage, but it's very minor, and their frontlines will likely be foot knights, supported by priestess or even deacons, with crossbowmen giving fire support.
They also have trebuchets, who are terrifying and must be destroyed ASAP, and have the best defense, making them really difficult to harass very early.
Of course, you might avoid the costly, hard to train knights and crossbowmen, and stick to the basic units, since the Kingdom of Hyrule is the only faction that let you upgrade your units, from levies to soldiers, and finally to kingdom soldiers.

Playing other factions also make me realize that Hyrule units have great synergy.
>>
File: 0002.jpg (3.33 MB, 1920x1040)
3.33 MB
3.33 MB JPG
Darknut Legion :
They're slow. They're slow, and they can only use stone, which handicaps them greatly on forest maps.
They compensate that by being extremely strong, albeit very melee-oriented, which is a big issue since they're slow as molass. Even their light infantry who fights with only a loincloth and a khopesh can't bother to run.
But the Darknut Legion has two main advantages : they can settle on ruins, and ironically have an easier time expanding, than they have a lot of mercenaries to compensate for their weaknesses.

They also seem to be lacking any kind of healing, so I assume that having an ally able to heal would make the Darknuts even scarier, moreso if their ally are mostly ranged, like the...
>>
File: 0003.jpg (3.31 MB, 1920x1040)
3.31 MB
3.31 MB JPG
The Zoras.
They are late-bloomers. Like, mid/late game.
They have little infantry, and they don't have the versatility of the Hyrule Kingdom, or the tenacity of the Darknuts, so in any early-game engagement, they will get crushed.
Things only get better for them in mid-game : halberdiers and better swordsmen are unlocked, but, moreso, monsters and mages are unlocked. Zoras are mostly a ranged civilization, but relying on magic rather than archery or siege machines, so your idea setup will be swordsmen holding the line while you have the suitable mages crushing the opposition.
To that regard, they have no mercenaries, but around a dozen different magical units, and abilities allowing them to disable groups, or focus on big chungus.
Oddly enough, while their infantry is pretty fragile, their healers are extremely powerful, and come in group of three, making them even more potent than Hyrule's. They can even be upgraded depending from your heroes, becoming Supreme Healers, still in groups of threes.

So yeah, a Zora/Darknut alliance would be terrifying.
>>
File: Elderborn head off.webm (2.45 MB, 1024x576)
2.45 MB
2.45 MB WEBM
Also, a few additions that came after I wrote my thoughts down.
>>1001596
Kingdom of Hyrule has little cavalry, but they have a choice between light cavalry and heavy cavalry, so they can pack a punch if needed.
No archer cavalry though, I seem to remember Gerudos had archer cavalries, so they might have the advantage over Hyrule.

>>1001597
Darknuts are all about quality over quantity, but they have a few counters should their enemy try to drown them under cheap soldiers, and while they seem to have no healing, they do get commanders and immortals who give very good bonuses to nearby units.
For the greekboo among us, Darknuts take inspiration from Greeks (spartiates specifically), but also from Egypt to a certain degree, with their """fast""" infantry using the Egyptian Khopesh.
>inb4 what's a khopesh
Egyptian bronze sword/saber. Straight, then curved in the upper half of the blade.

>>1001600
Zoras right now are bugged, they are stuck in Tier 2 and can't advance to Tier 3.
Otherwise, they really confuse me, so I feel like I can't speak too much about them. They have really nice, good-looking towns, though.
>>
>>1001593
Forgot the links.
Get base game here : https://play0ad.com/ (mind the version), and get the mod here : https://www.moddb.com/mods/hyrule-conquest
>>
File: goronuvania.png (1.16 MB, 990x555)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB PNG
Some advice for the Stalfos
>Pop out your two allowed supply carts and send them for wood/stone
>Use your eyesoar to capture a small ruin near the enemy
>Move your dogs to other ruins while you're at it
>Transform small ruin and build a Poe house
>Harass your enemy extremely early
>>
File: sariasoprano.png (996 KB, 1024x768)
996 KB
996 KB PNG
Also, Saria has been retconned to an Italian
>>
>>1001704
Can you spank Italians?
For the love of God don't make her an Horatio.
>>
>>1001991
You can spank Saria Soprano if you're ready to have your skull broken in my her dad
>>
>>1002027
Doesn't the Mojo Tree get killed during the campaign?
>>
>>1002031
Kasutoprano passes away, yes
>>
>>1002072
What a shame, nobody is here to protect Saria's butt.
>>
Wait, put kokiri spankings on hold, I have a question : are Titans gone? Twinrova and so on?
>>
File: 0004.jpg (2.95 MB, 1920x1040)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB JPG
All right, nevermind, you still have titans. They're "just" trained from the town hall rather than from the wonder.
Also, Gerudos are fun to play because their basic units deal slash and pierce damage, but their inability to heal is a big bummer. I'm starting to think that only "good" factions have healing, similarly to Battle For Middle Earth 2, but it's odd, since Darknuts are all about elite units (and thus, in lore, would care about their Legate), and Gerudos are all about struggling to not go extinct, so I understand the gameplay logic behind not allowing Darknuts to have healers, but for Gerudos, it makes no sense, gameplay or lore wise.
>>
>>1002605
>good factions have healing
>bad factions have stronger units
Hyrule and Gerudos : OP?
>>
File: Midnaingame2.png (1.92 MB, 1600x1884)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB PNG
>>1002605
I know it seems factions aren't balanced symmetrically, and you'd be right. They're supposed to be assymetrical, and you use NPCs and allies to help you. Since there are none atm it can be a bit hard.
>>
File: file.png (79 KB, 242x162)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
Oh. SpaRk mage.
I misread.
>>
>>1002667
Is that a lightsaber? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlYCxbBZUCY

>They're supposed to be assymetrical, and you use NPCs and allies to help you
It also has the amusing side effect of making Darknuts very dependant on rubies to hire mercenaries to compensate for their own flaws. But since trade isn't a thing in Hyrule Conquest, I'm curious how they'll intensify their rubies production in the mid/late game.
>>
File: Goron_miner.png (2.21 MB, 1200x1949)
2.21 MB
2.21 MB PNG
>>1002669
>But since trade isn't a thing in Hyrule Conquest, I'm curious how they'll intensify their rubies production in the mid/late game.
You can exchange resources at your marketplace. Also, ruins give a lot of Rupees.
>>
>>1002699
>ruins give a lot of Rupees
Yeah, but markets give diminushing returns since prices get higher and higher, so trading food for RUBIES will give less than less.
And also, can't Darknuts build on Ruins? Wouldn't that cancel the rubies income?
>>
>>1002765
Yeah, that should be adressed.
>>
>>1002794
Maybe the description can allude to some kind of tribute. Or mercenaries jobs.
I remember the old version of HC having descriptions that allude to the factions growing more and more fascist as you unlock upgrades, down to Gerudo using slaves to mine rubies, or Mojo scrubs using torture to "convince" mercenaries.
>>
>>1002818
It was something I liked with old Hyrule Conquest : the best upgrades always had unsavory lore text. It was a nice way to show that war was taking its toll on everyone and turning even the "good" guys into monsters
>>
>3 posters
Samefagging trannoid
>>
>>1002834
This isn't /gsg/, Anon, go back.
>>
>>1002827
Oh, have they been tuning down the flavor text? I remember always liking Hyrule Total War and Hyrule Conquest because it was charmingly edgy.
>>
>>1002945
I didn't pay much attention to it, but a lot of upgrades are purely practical. It takes T2 upgrades to get some flavour. Like, the first ranged damage upgrade is just called something generic, and then the second upgrade explains how Gerudo use semi-rare feathers for fletching. It's clearly a work in progress since a lot of upgrades now use the same placeholder icon.
>>
good mod, shit game
>>
>>1002972
Better 0 AD than Rusted Warfare.
>>
File: GeneralLinkobi.png (1.91 MB, 1885x1782)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB PNG
>>1002945
>>1002953
Moblins still have the best tech descriptions.
>Carry More! (Dodoblin carrying capacity increases by +2)
>I said Carry More! (Dodoblin carrying capacity increases by +2)
>Seriously Carry More! (Dodoblin carrying capacity increases by +2)
>Work Faster! (Dodoblin harvest speed increases by 5%)
>Work Harder! (Dodoblin harvest speed increases by 5%)
>Work Bester! (Dodoblin harvest speed increases by 5%)
>>
>>1002986
Hello there!
Also these are the best names.
>>
>>1002986
Deku Scrub had a fun tip.
"Overpopulation might be an issue. Until the King decreed that it isn't an issue anymore."
>>
>>1002605
Are iron knuckles still in the list?
>>
>>1003538
Course they are
>>
>>1003564
Fuck yes. I like OoT's Gerudos because OoT Link is always hailed as a master swordsmen, compared to BotW Link who is more of an archer, so I love seeing human opponents that aren't monsters but can still give him a run for his money.
So Iron Knuckle scratch some nice itchy spot because they're the only Gerudos who are warriors 24/7, rather than being just levied or hired warriors. It's just me, but I see Iron Knuckles as unthinking golems with only fighting on their mind.
>>
>>1003586
They got floating witch units too, shit slaps
>>
>>1003593
Neat.

>>1002945
Honestly, the edginess of Hyrule Conquest was cleverly done, because it was entirely depending from a player, so as long as you were casual and not competitive, you could slide your faction into fascism and xenophoby and start using slaves and so on.
Or keep being the "good guys" and pass on nice upgrades. It depended entirely from you, but unlike Galactic Civilizations, Fable or even Frostpunk, the mod doesn't judge you. You did what you had to do to survive, at the price of losing your innocence.
>>
>>1003594
according to word of neph he just wanted to portray how medieval society really was, nothing fascist going on there
>>
>>1003604
...eeeh, that's not something to say, nobody wants to be remembered how muslims used to enslave Christians pilgrims.
I'll keep pretending it's just a clever message about how war makes monsters of us all.
Through in my headcanon, the Sheikah immediately defeated and vassalized the Kokiris, and subjected them to tributes and daily humiliations and spankings to keep them in line. I'm writing a story about this, you'll see!
>>
File: file.png (693 KB, 474x708)
693 KB
693 KB PNG
Sheikah towers are empty.
>>
File: file.png (1.38 MB, 1044x608)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB PNG
>>
File: file.png (736 KB, 666x433)
736 KB
736 KB PNG
Bongo Bongo.
>>
File: 0005.jpg (2.91 MB, 1920x1040)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB JPG
The Sheikahs are interesting. They have units that vary in size (trainees are size 8, for comparaison, Hyrulean soldiers are size 10), and are overall pretty weak (trainees have 60 HP, a basic gohma unit has 160 HP).
They also aren't really heavy hitters unless you bring monsters to the mix, but have specialized units, such as the smoke bombs throwers against ranged enemies, needlers against armored enemies, and the Yiga Demon Carvers against trash mob, since these have a vampire trait.
They also lack dedicated healers, but every Sheikah unit seem able to heal themselves to a degree, with a really slow HP regeneration. Shame it's still too slow that it's easier to just recruit another one.
>>
File: 0005a.jpg (3.54 MB, 1920x1040)
3.54 MB
3.54 MB JPG
From a lore perspective, the Sheikah are pretty much at their peak : this is the entire Sheikah Cadre, all the clans working together. And yes, Sheik has his own followers. I dunno what the lore is.
>>
File: 0006.jpg (2.56 MB, 1920x1040)
2.56 MB
2.56 MB JPG
Lizalfos are... honestly, they're fun to play but weird as fuck. They still have lame food generation, but at least they're playable now, and when playing as them, you need to be extremely aggressive.
>>
>>1004260
>Sheikah towers are empty.
Logged, should be fixed in the next patch.
>a basic gohma unit has 160 HP.
That was a bug that should already be fixed
>And yes, Sheik has his own followers. I dunno what the lore is.
She works for the Nirvatas and does dirty jobs for them but might have her own agenda
>you need to be extremely aggressive.
Which can be hard since it's near impossible to deny your enemies camp and outpost sites.
>>
>>1004532
I mean aggressive in expansion. So far, all the factions I played can settle on only using a few nodes and grow satisfying.
Lizalfos can't, their food production is too low, they need to put worms everywhere.
>>
>>1004706
>Lizalfos can't, their food production is too low, they need to put worms everywhere.
You can build grub holes on normal nodes. You basically make a farm out of the entire map.
>>
>>1005139
Yeah, but if you do that, well, you can't train any unit. Honestly, in all my owns, I usually only have one farm, and the rest of the buildings are training/trading facilities.
>>
>>1005409
No, you mong. You can build farms on Lumber and Mining nodes. Your actual nodes can contain normal shit.
>>
>>1005599
Yes? Exactly why I said you need to expand aggressively.
>>
File: 0006.jpg (1.12 MB, 1920x1040)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB JPG
Deku Scrubs are a blast to play. Their city is a pain in the ass to settle, but they can pump out a lot of units and murder everything that comes close.
Of course, they get murdered by enemy archers, but they do good against enemy melee units.
>>
File: 0006.jpg (929 KB, 1920x1040)
929 KB
929 KB JPG
Gohmas are...
They're hilarious as well. They can be insanely strong, able to completely tank your CPU by sending vast groups of cheap infantry without any real cost except food, and yet, at the same time, they tend to get countered by their own faction : try to rush Gohma mite defenses with royal larva, and see how that works out for you.
To avoid that, they have a lot of monsters available, which makes them kinda versatile. Just don't think of the poor sod getting sprayed with acid over there, his suffering will be short. Hopefully.

Also their monument is a middle finger to the Mojo Tree.
>>
>>1007368
I forgot to point out 2 things :
- soldiers gohmas are bugged, they have way too many HP for their meager cost, do not use them,
- despite having 2 control groups (and in 0AD, it's capped at 200 units), I could've gone the whole game without building more lodgings.
>>
>>1007376
>soldiers gohmas are bugged, they have way too many HP for their meager cost, do not use them,
that was already fixed in the patch
>>
>>1007594
Huh, what do you know. I though I already updated it, but I was wrong.
>>
>wanted to find some kokiri spanking story
>took a look at "Zelda's Honour"
>...what
Another wannabe school shooter, huh?
>>
File: file.png (900 KB, 1280x728)
900 KB
900 KB PNG
Do we have Majora planned? I like him.
And also I love religions in fantasy settings.
>>
>>1008538
What was this comic called again?
>>
>>1008576
figment forms something.
>>
>>1008538
>Do we have Majora planned? I like him.
I think he's still got a faction. I think.
>>
>>1008576
A Tale of Two Rulers.
>>
File: 0006.jpg (3.43 MB, 1920x1040)
3.43 MB
3.43 MB JPG
Kokiri.
They're weird. Still the extremely spankable little brats we know and love to bully, but with the nodes updates, they lost a few things, and are in dire need of a nice, good, bare-bottomed patching to teach them to behave.

First off, they're fast. Very fast. They leave most other races in the dust.
Second, as of the node update, they lost their free building material, which is a lot more balanced, but still a bother.
Third off, they're meant to be kinda like the Darknut Legion, in the way that they're meant to start with spammable infantry, then slowly transition to elite infantry (elite by Kokiri standard, but on around the same footing than other races infantry), with the interesting strategy that they are meant to be supported by healers and buffers. In theory, anyway, because in practice, the violonists (called fiddlers, don't ask me why the kids are called fiddlers I don't want to go to jail) can't change their tunes, so the ingame description that gives them a lot of spells to debuff the enemy of buff themselves don't do anything. Same with the Icon of Farore (aka Icon of Sin), who supposely heals units : it doesn't work.
So, with healing and support not working, what do you do? Simple. You spam grove watchers, have them supported by emerald archers and giant slingshots to snipe enemy buildings, and call Saria names until you get an update or she cries.
Why? Because I lost 12 minutekokiris, and I'm pretty sure Saria's unique unit is to blame for the friendly fire.

Also, unrelated, but I noticed an odd bug where all kokiris units would move to a single point, kinda like in Stronghold. Having 70 brats on a single point makes me happy Mido didn't use any acid-spitting Gohmas, I really don't need the nightmares.
>inb4 "yeah but in Nephalem's lore, Kokiris are 150 years old at least"
I still don't really want to see them die.
>>
File: file.png (2.34 MB, 1286x783)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB PNG
I want to hate Ordona for being similarily unfinished (there are still references to garisoning beekeepers in the apiaries which is impossible, among other missing upgrades), but I can't hate a faction that let me weaponize bees without being the pain, THE PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN.
>>
File: file.png (1.15 MB, 833x595)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
nvm i hate them their titan is stuck in the forbidden woods map
>>
File: file.png (1.51 MB, 1202x545)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB PNG
>>
>>1009351
>>1009349
both logged
>>
>>1009485
??????
Please use simple English (American).
>>
>>1009506
I'm logging both glitches into the bug list so they can be fixed in the next version, retard.
>>
>>1009513
Can you also log that bug? Whenever I play Kokiri, there's a Sheikah that appears in the trade building who just sits here all day and spanks passing kokiris.
>>
>>1009515
That's not a bug. Your copy of Hyrule Conquest is haunted. Look for a player called BEN DROWNED somewhere in the files.
>>
>>1009553
more like saria spanked innit?
>>
You guys think this counts as a Hyrule Conquest fanart : https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/63278146 ?
>>
>>1010352
no
>>
Are tournaments still a thing now that all maps are 1vs1?
>>
>>1011576
>Are tournaments still a thing now that all maps are 1vs1?
I think Iron's preparing one, but you'd have to ask him.
>>
>>1011792
Literally who?
>>
>>1011880
see, this is what you get for being too autistic to be in the discord
>>
>>1011901
>Using trannycord
No thanks, I am fine with not meeting 90% of the worlds population of headcases on a daily basis.
>>
>>1001596
How does this play? The city arrangement reminds me of Battle for Middle Earth
>>
>>1011901
Seethe more, Jap.
>>
>>1011922
Never played it so I don't know, but it feels kinda like Dragonshard, if with less building spam.
It's assymetrical, though. For example, Stalfos do most of their recruitement through moving units called necromancers, while most of the good races are more conventional, and have restricted plots on which they can build.
Which isn't usually an issue, you should have just enough room to have all the important buildings in your capital.
>>
>>1011922
When a game start, you have to pick three heroes among six. They unlock a few unique techs and units (like Link unlocking the Kingdom of Hyrule's best infantry, the Champion). Then, you must capture ressources nodes (wood or stone/ore), ruins (for rubies, though some factions can turn ruins into small towns), and build structures in your town, like markets, farms, barracks, and so on.
>>
File: SulkyAndKoroks.png (661 KB, 837x474)
661 KB
661 KB PNG
Yo, Mudmen are getting cut and replaced with Koroks I guess. Also new Sulky render.
>>
>>1012305
I'll miss mudmen, I liked the idea of less civilized kokiris living in the deepest part of the woods.
>>
>>1012305
Same. Or rather, l like the idea of different subfactions being united.
>>
>>1012377
>>1012499
We're looking to bring them back with an unofficial submod as an NPC, but we're waiting for Neph to update the NPC framework.
>>
>>1012655
Shit, you mean mudmen secessioned from the Kokiri?
>>
>>1013563
Sure. Also stream I guess.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2WT34tVwVU
>>
>>1014225
I'll have to watch that once out of work. I'm curious what he has in mind.
>>
File: hestu.png (490 KB, 788x860)
490 KB
490 KB PNG
yeah I'm thinking the next update is gonna be one to fix all the shit neph didn't have time to (roster, mills, mines, NPCs, maps)
>>
>>1014408
>mills
Yay. I love windmills. Or watermills. Or just mills in general. They have something calming to them.
>>
>>1014408
Aren't mines already in?
>>
>>1016386
Mines and lumbermills don't have unique models yet.
>>
>>1016565
Didn't even notice.
>>
>>1016625
yeah also wonders still don't add building slots
>>
File: Aydia.png (1.66 MB, 1521x1895)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB PNG
We tested balance with a few guys yesterday. Here's what we found.
>The Stalfos really struggle on Gerudo Oasis. They can't get through the Armos and Stalhounds are really easy to pick off.
>Lanayru is overpowered as shit. Their Conscripts are cheap, numerous, and powerful. They destroy both Gerudo and Ordona, but their counter seems to be anti-swarm units like the Beekeepers and the Dekupults. We will need to test them against Deku. Arachs and Snakes are also good.
>Gerudo are currently underpowered due to how the game works now. They're an offensive faction that can't be played offensively. Their good units are mostly unlocked at Tier 3, and they just can't hold down the map in the meantime.
>>
>>1018478
How do you "test balance"? Like, objectively? How can you tell what's unbalanced and what is just the guy playing like shit?
>>
>>1020659
We're all mostly on par, so that's not the crux of the issue. The issue is when Gohma and Fairies both churn out a 180-health battalion of 50 for 10 food and 10 material and completely obliterate their enemies.
>>
>>1020899
That's an extreme example. I mean, compare Kokiri slingshots and Darknuts javelin throwers : they have the same cost, but I'm fairly sure that the Kokiri will dab on the doggies and send them back crying for dog biscuits.
>>
>>1022473
Peltats ARE a little underpowered desu
>>
File: file.png (3.56 MB, 1440x1080)
3.56 MB
3.56 MB PNG
>>1023474
How can you tell if they're "a little" underpowered? Do they lose to an equivalent unit?
>>
>>1023907
Yeah, they often do. Slingshotters have a higher fire rate and battalion count.
>>
>>1024259
Eh.
I was about to mock the wannabe-Spartans for losing to kids, but then I remembered that :
1) Link in OoT was raised by Kokiris and despite how much he abused the kokiri sword, it never broke, so even in canon, Kokiris aren't that lame,
2) Kokiris in Hyrule Conquest aren't just forest sprites you can spank while roflstomping their flowers.
>>
>>1024290
There might be a balance patch in a few weeks so we could have a tournament without having to ban factions.
>>
>>1025076
Curious what it'll change. What factions are considered OP right now?
>>
Quick questions:
Will there be a faction with Cia's huge tits as a hero?
Will there be an "ancient high magitech" like the old sheika drones in BotW?
>>
>>1026064
>What factions are considered OP right now?
Fairies, Gohma, Lanayru
>Will there be a faction with Cia's huge tits as a hero?
Maybe a Lana skin
>Will there be an "ancient high magitech" like the old sheika drones in BotW?
There is a Guardian faction planned but they're not robots and have almost nothing to do with the Sheikah
>>
>>1026132
Guardians are confirmed.
The lore reboot and faction shuffle makes it hard to say where Cia's tits will land, as I think Lana was supposed to turn into Cia before the reboot.
>>
>>1026633
>faction reboot
>again
>>
>>1028985
I am talking about the ongoing one that came with the current lore reboot, it was only natural that the factions get rewamped to a certain degree with the lore changing.
>>
>>1029356
Pff
>>
>>1030716
Do you have anything to say, or are you just a retarded bumpfag?
>>
>>1030839
In civilized countries, "pff" is an expression of disappointement. I figured that since I wasn't sharing that thread with retards, I could, in a single onomatopeia, express my disappointement at Neph constantly rewriting his lore rather than settling on one version once and for all, but clearly, the people getting you up in the morning and dressing you are also allowing you to use computers, and therefore you find yourself confused by simple English.
>>
>>1030845
based
>>
>>1030845
I understood you passing gas, I however wanted more than just your moronic mouth breather noises, so unlike your moronic ass, I got what I wanted in the end.
>>
>1030851
>i was only pretending to be retarded
Whatever helps you look at yourself in the mirror.
>>
>>1030870
>Can't even (you) properly
>Calls people retarded.
>>
Sure is reddit around here.
>>
File: HeroesKokiri.jpg (2.56 MB, 2920x1643)
2.56 MB
2.56 MB JPG
everyone shut the fuck up, kokiris got remodeled. rip mirora and rip john connor tho
>>
>>1002827
>It was a nice way to show that war was taking its toll on everyone and turning even the "good" guys into monsters
>even the "good" guys into monsters
>the "good" guys
>"good"
>>
>>1031320
What with the pig ears?
>>
I boycott this gaem until dev brings brown loli back.
>>
>>1031473
>What with the pig ears?
Shut up they're mouse ears
>>1031475
>I boycott this gaem until dev brings brown loli back.
You already have Riju
>>
File: file.png (71 KB, 320x232)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
>>1031565
Anon...
>>
>>1031320
i boycott that game until spanking kokiris is an option
>>
>>1031578
Whats with these threads and spanking
>>
>>1031726
it's all one guy who really really REALLY wants to spank the Kokiri
>>
>>1031726
It's one very based and handsome lad who is really beautiful and has a big dick that all are jealous of.
And that handsome Jack really really wants to spank the Kokiri. Even the pig-eared Kokiris. Forest thieves too.
>>
>>1031835
>it's all one guy
nuh uh, it's me too
>>
0 AD and this mod are DECADES behind an actual full launch. I wish I were wrong, but I am not. This shit will never be complete in any sense of the word.
>>
>>1032573
Are you the one who make pictures?
>>
>>1032050
>And that handsome Jack really really wants to spank the Kokiri.
Angel, if I find out it's you I will shit on your carpet
>0 AD and this mod are DECADES behind an actual full launch. I wish I were wrong, but I am not. This shit will never be complete in any sense of the word.
HC seems to have cut most of its playable factions and decided to make them NPCs, so maybe we'll have a full launch in a couple more years
>>
File: file.png (721 KB, 832x555)
721 KB
721 KB PNG
>>1032745
Shit on my carpet and I'll cut your fingers off.
>>
File: goronpepe.png (131 KB, 600x600)
131 KB
131 KB PNG
>>1032750
You can do that, but it won't unshit your carpet
>>
>>1032758
But I'll get African Fries.
>>
File: FQeXA3KaQAAMIbR.jpg (338 KB, 2048x1707)
338 KB
338 KB JPG
What are the Egyptian of hyrule?
>>
>>1033787
>What are the Egyptian of hyrule?
Cobble
>>
>>1033820
Literally who?
>>
>>1034769
never mind
>>
>>>/d/10201973
>>
>>1035607
are you planning to stop with these any time soon
>>
>>1036609
??????
>>
File: arborachnid.png (1.93 MB, 1244x657)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB PNG
>>1036968
just askin', I don't mind. anyway, the Missing Link boss is coming soonish
>>
>>1037248
The what? I don't remember that game.
>>
>>1037519
That's the OoT romhack thing
>>
>>1037856
There are romhacks for games that aren't Mario 64?
>>
>>1038161
Not many, Zelda is notoriously hard to make serious romhacks of.
>>
>>1038588
A few are better than none. So, which boss is that one replacing?
>>
>>1038709
Agitha.
>>
>>1039186
I mean in the hack.
>>
>>1039244
None, it has its own dungeon (which is now also the Gohma wonder)
>>
>>1039519
You mean there's a hack that adds a new boss, rather than just replacing one? That's pretty kick ass.
>>
>>1040881
yeah bro, Missing Link is like a full (short) game
>>
>>1041831
Impressive. So anyway, there's that fairy catcher as a Gohma titan now? Well, it's either that or turning fairies into absinthe.
>>
>>1041982
He's not the Gohma Titan, just a hero. Titan might end up being Baga.
>>
File: Gohmaremodel.png (2.74 MB, 1814x737)
2.74 MB
2.74 MB PNG
lotta Gohma getting remodeled
>>
>>1043261
We need something like in Twilight Princess' beta.
>>
>>>/d/10209297
>>
File: soolkaris.png (2.56 MB, 1456x810)
2.56 MB
2.56 MB PNG
soolkaris got remodeled
>>
>>1044609
Sauron look ass
>>
>>1044686
Like ur face lmao
ziiing
>>
Do you think the dev like all the spanking fanart of his mod?
>>
>>1047102
He's into wedgies, his ilk are perverts. He probably jacks off to it.
>>
File: gohmacollage.png (999 KB, 1069x1317)
999 KB
999 KB PNG
all Gohma remodels are done, except some heroes
>>
>>1047392
Wedgies is both a dense, and a thinking man's fetish.
First off, you have the themes involved; Loss of Control/Humilitation/age kink or psuedo age regression, fem/male-dom, light bdsm/cbt, trauma-to-kink, and it is easy to sneak into cartoons/cartoon worlds if you happen to be a pervert.
>>
>>1048281
You hit the nail right in the head B, I also just love female underwear. No I'm not the Hyrule Conquest mod author
>>
File: newgohmaheroes.jpg (1.91 MB, 2920x1643)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB JPG
hey faggots, here's the new Gohma heroes. From left to right: Queen Arborachnid, Queen Baga, Queen Sulkaris, Queen Midoro, Queen Armogohma and Queen Moruge.
>>
>>1048281
That was just a dumb joke gag like in a bunch of cartoons, stop projecting your fetishes into the game that are not there.
>>
>>1048892
hey is that the thing from that Missing Link hack that nintendo nuked?
>>
>>1048960
damn right it is
>>
>>1048960
>nintendo : nukes good fangames
>allow this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8QzxSJH0-c
>>
>>1048957
Hey guess what my post was, shit-eater.
>>
>>1049068
I ain't ethan ralph!
>>
>>1049695
My bad, please accept my apologies.
>>
>>1048892
Gohmas are less and less spiders and more "vaguely insectoids/arthropods monsters".

Units refill when?
>>
>>1049831
>Units refill when?
Maybe sometime in the future
>>
>>1050062
>maybe
Better than not at all, but still...
>>
>>1047392
proof?
>>
>>1051267
Proof : wedgefags are pervert.
>>
>>1051280
based
>>
This looks interesting, is there a campaign?
>>
>>1052648
No.
There's a campaign in lore, but it was made during the Total War era, and I think it was dropped.
>>
>>1052713
So just skirmish maps so far? Not my thing, hopefully creator makes a campaign at some point.
>>
>>1052746
Campaign *is* planned, but I think dev wants to finish all factions first
>>
>>1052746
>So just skirmish maps so far? Not my thing, hopefully creator makes a campaign at some point.
The decision was made to first add all factions and features, otherwise the campaign would have to be remade over and over and over again. Over half the factions and features are in, so it'll only take a few more years.
>>
>type an entire wall of text while at work
>have to close phone
>reopen it
>chrome refresh the page
>everything lost
HAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
anyone know the autists that maintain the TVTropes page?
>>
>>1001597
>Darknut Legion
Are they fun?
>>
>>1055430
>Are they fun?
Reasonably. They're a little slow and their peltasts suck but they're pretty powerful.
>>
Since the thread is kinda slow here's descriptions for the new Gohma heroes:
>Queen Baga: Modeled after the Gohma Queen of Ocarina of Time, Queen Baga returns from previous versions of Hyrule Conquest and will not change too much. Like normal Gohma Queens she can lay eggs to produce units anywhere on the map, however she can hatch a much larger selection of units than just Larva.
>Queen Midoro: Taking cues from the Mothula of Windwaker, Queen Midoro serves as the matriarch of other Mothulas and Morths. She is a small flying Hero that can hover across the map, lobbing her Morth Swarms from hills or other hard to reach places.
>Queen Arborachnid: A vile arachnid monster from Kaze Emanuar's The Missing Link, the Arborachnid will be appearing in Hyrule Conquest as queen of the Gohma Mites. In addition to its biting melee attack and passive ranged attacks from its tree eyes, Arborachnid can spawn Mites and also consume other Gohma units to quickly heal itself.
>Queen Moruge: Returning from previous versions of Hyrule Conquest, this heavily armored Gohma Queen has the fewest changes and will once again focus on improving the durability and armor of other Gohma.
>Queen Armos: The dreaded Gohma Queen that appeared in Twilight Princess, Queen Armos spawns as a relatively slow and vulnerable hero that relies on her Larva to protect her. As she gains levels she will eventually be able to transform into the much larger and more powerful Queen Armogohma.
>Queen Sulkaris: A mysterious figure and myth of the Kokiri, Queen Sulkaris haunts the forest children and has an unsettled vendetta with the Great Deku Tree. Her twisted tree-like form erratically moves like some kind of shadowy spider as she nurtures and cares for the well being of her Gohma pets.
>>
>>1055470
>she nurtures and cares for the well being of her Gohma pets
Awww, sounds cute.
>>
>>1056229
yeah, kinda, except she wants to feed them kokiri and fairies
>>
>>1056294
That's bad. Kokiris are for spankings, and fairies are for making spirits.
I wish I was kidding, but I have a game where you legit make alcohol out of fairies. Remind me about it in a few hours and I'll post a pic.
>>
>>1056317
Gib pix plox.
>>
>>1056423
Still at work. Check the distillery in that game called Lethis Path to Progress.
>>
>>1056438
>100 feas for making 100 units of booze.
>They crush the faries to make the alcohol.
>"Hey Listen! SPLOTCH!"
Kek
>>
>>1056446
Absinth, too. The green fairy.
>>
>>1056446
>>1056447
What do you think Fairy alcohol tastes like?
>>
>>1056680
Grape or Absinth.
>>
>>1056917
Those are kinda two different things. I presume you mean something inbetween.
>>
>>1057413
Depends on the colour of the fairy.
>>
>>1057608
Well there's eight of those. Does each one taste like a different kind of alcohol? Do orange fairies produce Fairy beer, white Fairies Fairy vodka and red Fairies red Fairy wine?
>>
>>1058011
>fairy beer
We're getting in Touhou territory
>>
>>1052746
the dev has repeatedly said he wants to make the campaign more than anything. He had a bunch of levels done and released in the Total War version of the game, but the switch to a new engine kind of killed that as a priority. He's said he wants to get every faction and gameplay feature into the new engine first.
>>
File: 1623484697798.jpg (15 KB, 410x357)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>1001593
>One autist just needlessly adding 50000000000000 units and factions without stopping to think about actual game design or balance
Wake me up when he channels his autism into "fun".
>>
>>1059879
Having things perfectly balanced is the opposite of fun though.
I'm more worried that things will never be finished properly.
>>
>>1059884
I just want him release the campaign.
0AD's singleplayer 1v1 is incredibly boring.
>>
>>1059879
>Wake me up when he channels his autism into "fun".
The nodes are pretty fun
>>1059889
>0AD's singleplayer 1v1 is incredibly boring.
Try multiplayer. We have a server for that. We even do tournaments every once in a while.
>>
>>1059879
I don't know man, he cut out and axed a bunch of planned factions over the last several years, to the point where some people threw hilarious fits of rage on his discord. I'm pretty sure the objective isnt to keep adding tons and tons and tons of shit without any rhyme or reason.
>>
>>1003594
What's funny is that the mod really is not that edgy or grimdark compared to the vast amount of fiction out there, it just feels that way in comparison to most of the official Zelda games over the last 15 years because theyve become so weeby and normie friendly. There's tons of tongue and cheek humor in HC, just look at the description of any Moblin unit or tech.
>>
>>1059951
Besides maybe the blood, it's really not much darker than the N64 games for example.
>>
>>1059965
Ocarina of Time even originally had some blood effects that were removed from future versions of the game. The bottom of the well and shadow temple used to have blood splatters everywhere and originally when you killed ganondorf he coughed up red blood. The only thing in HC that seems over the top edgy is Agitha's death scene and its kind of funny and has probably been lost to the reboot.
>>
>>1059991
Agitha's death scene was a reference to a really old and schlocky gorror movie. I think it was called Rebirth or something.
>>
>>1059994
confirmed with dev, based on his favorite schlock movie called Lifeforce. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=586T56XQ-MU&ab_channel=RelaxingSounds
>>
>>1059940
>I'm pretty sure the objective isnt to keep adding tons and tons and tons of shit without any rhyme or reason.
In that case, he should have just added about 4-6 factions and worked on other stuff.
>>
>>1060028
>BFME-style bases
>battalions
>stealth
>node bases
>wildlife lairs
he does anon
>>
>>1059879
He should just focus on factions that make sense to be warlike.
These tree spirit children all smaller than my dog going to war and exploiting resources is just fucking retarded.
Just add a meme hero to one of the factions like hyrule warriors did and move on.
>>
>>1060365
No. Keep the spankable Kokiris.
>>
>>1001593
Wait this actually exists?
>>
>>1060505
Yes.
>>
>>1059991
Exactly, they were removed, therefore they're not canon anymore. Stop trying to make my favourite franchise edgy just because you're a cynical loser.
>>
>>1060505
Absolutely. All the screenshots you see are real.
Except >>1009339, it's photoshopped.
>>
>>1060365
Kokiri had weapons and shields in Ocarina of Time, they had an entire obstacle course complete with indiana jones style boulder set up to train people. This all existed before Link was even born. There is evidence that the Kokiri, at least at some point in the past, had some semblance of training soldiers and therefore have the potential to do it again. Sorry it went over your head.
>>
>>1060527
Sorry, I can pop in my original copy of OoT and all that blood is still there. Stop with the "this is no longer canon" shit, Nintendo is not a religious organization.
>>
>>1060527
green blood: Brony-certed wholesomeness
red blood: edgy, T-rated garbage
>>
>>1060527
And people wonder by the world is so full of emotionally stunted, developmentally arrested faggots when adding some blood is considered "too edgy and dark." motherfucker blood is mundane and normal. You're going to start seeing it in your stool on a daily basis one day.
>>
>1060751
>1060766
>1060778
>triggered samefag
Yikes!
>>
>>1060855
copekiri + not an argument + spanked
>>
>>1060527
>Giving a fuck about canon in a thread dedicated to the latest version of a long running series of autistic fanfiction of a random American.
Get a grip dude.
>>
>>1060365
>He should just focus on factions that make sense to be warlike.
If he did that almost none of the races in Zelda would be playable.
>>
>>1060365
So just Hylians, Gerudo, Moblins, and random goons of undead and lizalfos. None of the creative choices like the gohma spider swarms, magic flinging season changing fairies, or any of the less known stuff from the oracle games.
>>
>>1060365
Because ignoring the little Shire-folk for not being a credible military threat worked out really well for Sauron.
>>
>>1062099
It was Saruman who got fucked by the Shire as a "military" threat, but that was post defeat of Mordor and Isengard. It wasn't Sam and Frodo's martial skill that defeated Sauron, even if they were very important.

The Kokiri should still be a playable faction though.
>>
>>1062319
fair point. I just find they "they are small and therefore should not be an army" argument to be weird. There are countless fantasy races that are tiny but have some kind of army. As anon mentioned the Kokiri canonically actually have weapons, shields, and a training place to earn a sword so they are a decent candidate. They ironically have more evidence for being fighters than even the damn zora.
>>
>>1062386
True in OOT, but by twilight princess the zora has spears and guards. In botw the zora have tons of weapons and armor so post oot the zora are probably a better pick for having an army than Kokiri.

The Kokiri should still be a playable faction though.
>>
>>1062388
The Kokiri should still be a spankable faction though.
>>
File: Mido1.jpg (126 KB, 300x500)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>>1062574
they already are
>>
>>1062582
I said spankable, not backstabbing horny cunts. Through honestly, whi wouldn't want to annihilate Saria's ass like it's the entrance to Dodongo cavern and your dick is a bomb.
>>
Does 0 AD have LOD yet?
>>
>>1062739
Yeah, there's a few units in HC already using the LOD system.
>>
>>1062942
Finally, thanks!. I'll try HC again soon or whenever more units get LOD if it still lags.
>>
>>1063162
It doesn't lag much anymore because workers got removed. They were one of the major sources of lag.
>>
>>1062739
dev says they started implementing it, but it's not in any of the released versions of 0AD yet. He's tested it out on a few units and it's worked. Still keep using the low poly patch in the meantime. Anon is right though the game seems to run better since they got rid of workers. I've noticed the map sizes are a bit smaller too so that might also be helping.
>>
>>1063686
>I've noticed the map sizes are a bit smaller too so that might also be helping.
They're actually bigger, they just seem a lot smaller because the entire map is covered in nodes.
>>
File: file.png (808 KB, 1000x875)
808 KB
808 KB PNG
>>1062319
>waaa waaa
>i WANT my zelda fangame to be daaark and edgy and cynical so that it feels adults and mature waaa waaa
>i want blood and tortures and anal rape to get my GoT zelda fanfic waa waaa
>also everyone must be a dick, because i'm a misanthrope piece of shit who projects his own hatred on other people and mistake cynicism for realism because how dare people be hopeful
Go wank to zelda's honour, faggot.
>>
>>1063994
it's really not that dark or misanthropic dude
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWNY1oQ9FG8&t=1s
>>
>>1064159
It isn't, because there are Kokiris and everything. But the faggot above wants to shoo off everyone who doesn't look like they come out of dark souls because he's a faggot.
What a faggot.
>>
It was a few years ago, but me and a buddy dicked around on this for a while.

We had decided to ban Gorons, since they were way better than anything else, and we both had tremendous amounts of fun creating cancerous, decentralized messes of Moblin map paintings for the other to deal with, and had something like an 8 hour, grueling Moblin on Moblin clusterfuck.
We both agreed Moblins were the most fun.

Glad to see this is still going.
>>
>>1064962
Mobiins? Fun?
Were we playing the same gale?
>>
>>1063994
Are you sure that it was that post you wanted to reply to? I don't see how a slight factual correction would trigger such a reply.
>>
File: madmystic.png (527 KB, 712x919)
527 KB
527 KB PNG
some more remodels incoming
>>
>>1063994
to this day im still baffled people think this mod is grimdark and that is what the intention of the mod maker was. There's tons of light hearted moments and a lot of wacky events. The models look really colorful and not desaturated at all. Yes there's also some fucked up shit now and again and blood, just like real life and Majora's Mask.
>>
>>1066206
he made a bunch of zelda faggots buttmad when he shat all over Skyward Sword 10 years ago. Funny in hindsight since now it seems like everyone shits on that game including zelda fans.
>>
>>1066206
forgot to finish in last post, but he said something like he wanted to make a game that was the opposite of skyward sword or nothing like it. Maybe that's where people got the impression.
>>
>>1066215
>>1066216
he also shits on BoTW nowadays, causing people to be even more buttmad
>>
>>1066274
I thought he said botw was ok on his streams. I think he just said the voice actors they got for the english version of the game were god awful.
>>
>>1066277
nah he doesn't like most things about it
>>
>>1066277
I believe his almost exact words were "it's painfully mediocre." Technically that is better than shit.
>>
>>1065349
Would sex.

>>1066287
I heard he hated the Hyrule warriors one, too.
But let's be honest, Ocarina of Time is overrated.
>>
File: remodeledfairies.png (1.7 MB, 1282x584)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB PNG
not sure why these got remodeled besides coinciding with the maku tree
>>
>>1066393
He did think hyrule warriors was stupid when it came out, he's said in the years since that despite that it's a really fun game and it stopped zelda fags from bitching about there being armies in this zelda mod.
>>
>>1066851
I heard his beef with Hyrule Warriors was the scale, like how Link, despite being a trainee, can get a kill count going in the thousands.
>>
>>1067704
>This despite other Zelda games have Link going on rampages with even less training and as a kid
>>
this shit now has a translation project https://github.com/CodemanTheMan/HyruleConquestTranslation/tree/main
>>
>>1067713
Link usually never faces of against more than 3-4 enemies at the same time, if even that. And when he does, it is usually stuff like bats and deku babas.
Harem Warriors has him killing 5-6 moblins with about 2-3 swordslashes, and there are usually 20 enemies in a group.
There is a large difference between HW and LoZ Link.
>>
>>1067704
Considering he was making a zelda mod about massive scale armies fighting each other years before HW was even a thing I dont think that was his issue with Hyrule Warriors. I remember him saying something like it was the really over the top sentai power rangers theatrics he thought was really stupid. Like Link can't just swing his sword around and kill enemies, he had to do quadruple super backflips and break physics in a hilarious manner that puts most anime to shame. He's said that's less a problem with the game and he's just not a fan of that over the top style.
>>
>>1067940
>massive scale armies fighting each other years before HW was even a thing I dont think that was his issue with Hyrule Warriors
You misunderstand my point, I understand that his complain what more the scale of destruction that characters brought. Link's a good swordsman, but even in OoT, he rarely faces more than one enemy at once, and he usually has a lot of room to move, so facing a hundred moblins at once...
>>
>>1067953
I'd have to ask him. What you are saying might also fall under "power rangers theatrics"
>>
>>1067982
Strictly speaking, l understood it was more about numbers, but whatever. The game's fun, it's all that matter, even if I'm cucked by playing the 3DS version.
>>
How did we go from a game to what some racist thinks of a Jap game?
>>
>>1068479
some bitch cried about some blood in the mod.
>>
>>1068479
What happened?
>>
File: sekaia.png (694 KB, 845x863)
694 KB
694 KB PNG
COOOOOOOOM
>>
>>1068578
Can't say "jap" on his discord, it might trigger some burger fatso who has been given by god the burden to protect the poor other races from racism.
>>
>>1069479
How problematic
>>
>>1069337
Fairies and kokiris : allies?
>>
>>1072204
yeah, pretty much
>>
File: qtfairy.png (730 KB, 770x895)
730 KB
730 KB PNG
Neph modeling tons of qt fairies rn
>>
>>1073861
POST BUTT
>>
>>1074303
don't have it, maybe when it gets released as an in-game model
>>
File: candle?.png (273 KB, 582x807)
273 KB
273 KB PNG
he's getting... weird with it?
>>
>>1001593
can I capture Link as a slave yet?
>>
>>1075511
nope, conversion mechanics aren't in the game yet
>>
File: candle1.jpg (21 KB, 645x454)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>1075477
Probably this guy.
>>
>>1075511
What for?
>>
>>1075980
you tell me what are elf twinks for?
>>
>>1076606
Spankings? Anal rape? Spankings? Handh*lding? Spankings? Hugs? Spankings? Put a collar and keep them in the basement until they become dark elves?
>>
File: mad.png (17 KB, 100x100)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
>>1076606
he's not an elf
>>
>>1001593
I haven't heard of this until now. It sounds fun. My only real experience with RTS games is AoE2. Reading the guide now!
>>
>>1078942
Pointy ears. He's an elf, and therefore needs rough fucking.

>>1078974
Hyrule Conquest does away with a lot of 0AD's mechanism, though.
>>
>>1078982
Any recommended information sources?
>>
Why did I think that would turn out to be something different...
>>
>>1078984
Oh shit, I just realized you meant the game, not fucking the elf.

No information that I know of, but honestly the tooltipes are helpful enough. Just remember you can right click on a portrait to have more informations, for example, markets usually give some ressources.
The idea is to capture nodes by moving infantry near them, and then build mines/lumberyards on them.
>>
>>1078990
Which version of 0 a.d am I supposed to download, and should I download HC 0.12, then 0.12.1?
>>
File: file.png (276 KB, 1023x185)
276 KB
276 KB PNG
>>1078994
Go to play0ad.com, and click on DOWNLOAD Alpha 25b.
Yes.
Yes.

As to how to install it, I'm afraid you'll have to check the moddb page, especially since the video explaining has been taken down.
>>
>>1078998
Where's the "image page" mentioned here?
https://hyruleconquest.fandom.com/wiki/Hyrule_Conquest_Official_Player%27s_Guide
>>
File: ______Lewd drider.png (548 KB, 900x925)
548 KB
548 KB PNG
>>1079002
I'll let someone else answer that because it's the first time I hear about these.
>>
>>1079004
Are there any units with the ability to "convert" other units?
>>
>>1079011
No.
And the capturing mechanism from 0AD is cut in HC, too. And very few races have healing, and you can't retrain a damage battalion. And also, unit count is made by unit, not by battalion.
>>
>>1079022
>And very few races have healing
Does healing restore all of a battalion's units, or just the HP of those remaining?
>>
>>1079023
It's per units. Kinda like Praetorians or Battle for Middle Earth 2, so units die one by one, and a loss cannot be replenished.
>>
>>1079028
Oh.
>>
>>1079030
Yeah, it's a bit of a bummer, but at least they're easy to replace.
>>
>>1078998
>As to how to install it, I'm afraid you'll have to check the moddb page, especially since the video explaining has been taken down.
I can't find any instructions on the mod page.
>>
>>1079248
>I can't find any instructions on the mod page.
Here's a short guide
>Download 0AD 25A
>Download HC 0.12
>Download the 0.12.1 patch
>Install 0AD
>Put HC in mods
>Merge the patch with the HC folder
>enable
>profit
>>
>>1079294
Thank you.
>>
>>1079303
Also, "mods" is usually found in My Documents.
>>
>>1079022
all living units in the game seem to self heal at the moment, just very very slowly.
>>
>>1079641
Oh? Good to know.
>>
>>1079641
Heroes heal even faster
>>
>>1079641
>>1079679
Is it relative to how many HP they have? Because I'm staring at my Darknut Legion army.
>>
>>1079688
I'm genuinely not sure
>>
>>1079691
I hope Kokiris will be revamped soon, I really hate that the mobile Farore Altar's healing aura doesn't actually work. It's a damn late-game unit that serves no purpose.
The more I play Hyrule Conquest, the more I want to reinstall Battle for Middle Earth 2.
>>
>>1079692
Kokiri are getting Koroks soon. I'll notify the Farore Shrine thing on the bug list.
>>
>>1079699
Thanks mate.
>>
>>1079699
I already talked about that, I think it was already notified.
>>
>>1079699
Im pretty sure the Shrine is being removed and replaced with a new Korok unit that heals kokiri when it dies.
>>
>>1079712
Sacrifice, huh?
>>
File: picture the aroma.jpg (29 KB, 257x406)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
IMAGINE
>>
>>1083447
i am now reminded of that game localization which changed a fairy to be a farting one and had a gas mask as a quest item
>>
>>1083458
...what.
>>
>>1083539
it was like a SNES or GBA game, i can't remember what it's called and i'm not going to sift through searches of "farting fairy" to find out what it was
>>
>>1083573
I bet on Working Designs, they tended to change scripts to make it xD le funneh
>>
>>1083447
Imagine carrying her around the house looking for place to fuck her over.
>>
File: aleyes.png (12 KB, 151x37)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>1084224
i wanna be the fairy-sized one
>>
So is the mod playable right now, or is something broken?
>>
>>1085796
it's pretty much playable, the only real fuckup is Fairy, Stalfos, Lizalfos and Blin AI not working (which isn't a problem if you're playing multiplayer anyway).
>>
>>1085796
Dodge finally work, but a few factions are unbalanced or barely work, and I heard many bugs were reported.
And also, summoning a titan in the lost woods is a waste of ressources since they can't take tunnels.
>>
>>1085796
Playable but not balanced, some factions still need work.
>>
>>1085817
>And also, summoning a titan in the lost woods is a waste of ressources since they can't take tunnels.
the smaller ones can
>>
File: file.png (666 KB, 765x660)
666 KB
666 KB PNG
>>1085997
Define smaller, because I summoned the Goat Lord and he got stuck like a stupid dumbass.
>>
>>1086017
Like, Fi and Twinrova small. Also Vaati because he flies. It's possible Ordona is just too fat, or rather has too fat of a hitbox.
>>
>>1086099
So humans, not real titans.
>>
>>1037248
Wait someone found a way to make bosses for oot? Color me surprise.
>>
>>1086398
Yeah. It's an annoying one, though, the kind that passively attacks you.
>>
>>1086357
thing is, I tried Stallord and he fits through the logs just fine, so Ordona really just has to have a shitty hitbox.
>>
>>1086635
Goats are always a bad omen anyway.
>>
>>1085817
dev told me that eventually titans will be able to destroy the logs and the side of the hill they are tunneling through and create a large gap for armies to travel through, by using some trickery where they are actually counted as gates. didnt say when it was going to be added though.
>>
File: bridge.png (470 KB, 1024x768)
470 KB
470 KB PNG
>>1089014
>dev told me that eventually titans will be able to destroy the logs and the side of the hill they are tunneling through and create a large gap for armies to travel through
Sounds pretty based, but more stuff added to the To Do list. At this rate, Nephalem will be dead before it's over.
>>
>>1089039
It shouldn't a particularly time consuming thing to make, so this added like 40min of work to his timeplan, tops.
>>
>>1089048
Mmm? I dunno, destroying logs sounds like adding a lot of graphisms.
>>
>>1089065
Not really, cutting the model 4-5 pieces, attaching a couple of emits and animating them falling to the ground isn't that much work, even for a noob when using ancient software 3ds max 8.
>>
>>1089089
Oh.
Well, okay then.
>>
>>1089092
If it is any comfort, you will be right when Neph remakes the log-tunnels, their animations and their lore for the 16th time.
>>
>>1089110
Pfff... All of that, and we still can't spank kokiris.
>>
>>1089065
something similar was on the Tarm map, where huge sized titans would automatically cause the archways to collapse when they walked into them.
>>
File: ramramranch.png (3.3 MB, 1920x1015)
3.3 MB
3.3 MB PNG
Lon Lon Ranch is back, fuckers. Time for more 4 player maps.
>>
>>1091676
YES
>>
>>1001593
I'm known about this project for many years now, maybe more than 10 in memory serves. Undying Nephalim was the username of the creator on Deviant Art, wasn't it?

I like the project and support it, even while having no real interest whatsoever. I think I would like to execute something similar with the Zelda series; naturally I would do a lot of things different, just down to personal preference.
>>
>>1092973
>Undying Nephalim was the username of the creator on Deviant Art, wasn't it?
Yeah, I remember he kind of started out there and then kind of moved away as DA died out.
>>
>>1093215
It's weird to remember that DeviantArt had its day. It makes you consider how the internet has changed, how websites all used to have that alternative quality, while now they're so toothless.

Once an employer did a background on me and somehow found out that I had a DA page - they didn't know what it was and they assumed that I was a massive pervert because of the name. That was seven years ago. I've nuked that account since, but who knows how that shit would hold up now?

But enough off-topic shit. I remember that UN made Magic The Gathering cards out of Zelda stuff. Those were enjoyable, even if his plot stuff struck me as poor. He was a massive Zantfag back then, no idea if he still is now or if he moved on to Mido or whatever.
>>
>>1093687
>He was a massive Zantfag back then, no idea if he still is now or if he moved on to Mido or whatever.
He kinda hates Mido and seems to have moved on to a random female character each year (currently Riju, but usually Saria)
>>
>>1093716
based on what he's said recently he was too harsh about Mido and retconed pretty much everything related to him. He said he completely ran into a corner with what to do with dirtbag shithead villain version of Mido and could not think of anything interesting to do with that.
>>
>>1094453
That's a lie, he had plenty of interesting stuff to do with him like becoming Volga and awakening Vyorsoth, but lately he's just really into keeping things close to canon.
>>
Bumping to prep for the spam wave
>>
>>1094610
it honestly wasn't that bad
>>
>>1095650
Yeah. Thought it'd be worse.
>>
>>1094610
>>1095650
>>1095701
Wat?
>>
>>1095852
Guy made 4 "Spam" threads, then bumped them.
>>
>>1095856
What possesses someone to act so cringy?
>>
UndyingNephalim and Krystal linked up! Need it or keep it?
https://twitter.com/RealKrystalFox/status/1537868166310903808
>>
>>1098403
the absolute power of autism.
>>
>>1093716
>He kinda hates Mido
Oh really? Well so much for that lol. The more things change, the more things stay the same - always moving from character to character, never really sticking.

>>1094453
Yeah, I don't really rate his writing overall. He can tackle the broader thematics and plot strokes, but he should tap a better author to handle smaller stuff and how to balance it out. Yonks ago when I first discovered him, he was rewriting Zant as a good guy or at least a sympathetic love interest to Midna, and even my teenage self could foresee thea pointless endeavour it became.

>>1094516
Another aspect of Neph's writing being a little shaky is names. "Vyorsoth" has no ring to it, and it has no Zelda-aspect to it either. He's much better with the actual game stuff than this.
>>
>>1100315
>"Vyorsoth" has no ring to it, and it has no Zelda-aspect to it either.
Ironically Vyorsoth was the product of an ancient Hylian conlang that tried to justify a lot of the sames from the series.
>>
File: 1517669024337.jpg (5 KB, 112x112)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>1100505
That's pretty interesting - what was the reasoning then behind Vyorsoth? Is there a link to a wiki or something?
>>
>>1100505
...source?
>>
>>1100661
>>1100936
I don't actually remember what the etymology was, but an unfinished version of the conlang is here. https://hyruleconquest.fandom.com/wiki/Akkalan
>>
File: 1655642707972.jpg (2.23 MB, 1920x1040)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB JPG
Fucking love how the lore for KoH units suggests that your house grew so much that you're no longer using your own levied soldiers but rather hiring royal guards instead.
>>
>>1103278
I really like the Levy and Soldier designs, but I'm not a fan of the Kingdom ones. Wish they were swapped out for the HW design the Knight uses.
>>
>>1103563
My only issue are the cloak. They look perfect for ceremony, but less so for a battlefield.
>>
File: 1460232895176.gif (386 KB, 640x480)
386 KB
386 KB GIF
>>
>>1104947
thought this was going to be yet another spanking gif
>>
>>1105164
What do you mean, "Yet another"?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (488 KB, 250x190)
488 KB
488 KB GIF
>>1105164
Fine, here.
>>
>>1001593
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/VideoGame/HyruleConquest
I remember discovering this mod eons ago and seeing this thread makes me happy knowing im not the only one enjoying underground shit no one knows
>>
>>1001593
https://youtu.be/5bmXDcsuAsA
Is morshu in the game
>>
>>1105314
no, but Glutko and Militron are
>>
>>1105406
Who?
>>
>>1107470
The fat green cyclops and wannabe armos-darknut thingy that breathes fire
>>
>>1107754
what the fuck
>>
>>1001593
is there any spartan-like faction
>>
>>1111715
Darknuts
>>
>>1111991
Who are these?
>>
>>1112277
the armored dogs
>>
>>1112517
Ooh, yeah, I see. Nice, that makes sense for them.
>>
File: saria_swats_mutated.png (187 KB, 500x570)
187 KB
187 KB PNG
New version soon?
>>
>>1115384
whenever Exo gets done with all the fixes, which might take a week or a month
>>
File: saria_deku.png (104 KB, 661x647)
104 KB
104 KB PNG
>>1115419
Do we have an ETA?
>>
>>1115454
i just told you, anywhere from a week to a month
>>
>>1115384
Neph said sometime in the next week. Seems like he got completely sidetracked with the official Star Fox voice actor for a few weeks there.
>>
>>1116903
What the heck are you referring to?
>>
File: linkedup.png (1.11 MB, 750x986)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB PNG
>>1117241
https://twitter.com/RealKrystalFox/status/1537868166310903808
>>
>>1117336
I don't get it. Who the fuck is Krystal already?
>>
>>1117348
Estelle Eliss, the VA of Krystal from Star Fox.
>>
>>1117382
Well, good for him, I guess.
>>
>>1117336
This is so fucking retarded.
>>
>>1117874
How come? Having Eliss could bring some actual positive attention to EH and his other stuff. She's apparently even interested in working on Sigma once EH is done.
>>
>>1117241
It seems he got in contact with Estelle Ellis, the original voice actress of Krystal. She's apparently blown away by his Star Fox game and wants to voice her. He's also said that she wants to use her resources to help him get a team together to finish it and keep making games when it's done.
>>
>>1118678
He's said on his discord it's opened some doors to other people who worked at Rare and Nintendo as well. He finally has confirmation that higher ups at Nintendo are aware of his work. It's kind of interesting to see him getting a bit of recognition after a decade of spergy Zelda fans rreeeeeeeeing over his work.
>>
>>1118678
>>1118679
Oooh, I see. Good for him, then.
>>
New version is out, fuckers. However, it (expectedly) broke Darknuts and Gorons, so there will be a patch soon.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/hyrule-conquest/downloads
>>
>>1121269
>However, it (expectedly) broke Darknuts and Gorons
It fucking broke two of my three favourite factions!
I'll have Nephilim's ass for this!
>>
>>1121830
shush he's uploading a hotfix today.
>>
>>1118679
>higher ups at Nintendo are aware of his work
Jesus Christ how horrifying. Cease and Desist when?
Please say I'm an ignorant dumbass who doesn't know something. Stuff like AM2R's got me paranoid as fuck.
>>
>>1122699
Naw neph had a knee jerk worried reaction when he found out too.
>>
Is Malanya in the game yet?
>>
>>1122729
Probably won't be, there's not really one single faction he'd fit in and Neph is slowly cutting playable gods anyway.
>>
>>1123109
Isn't he a Great Fairy (male)?
>>
>>1123135
No, he's never stated to be one. He's probably just some weird horse god.
>>
>>1123166
>weird
Woooah, so judgemental...
>>
File: NPCSlots.png (1.33 MB, 1364x419)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB PNG
we're finally getting those map NPCs we've been promised
>>
>>1125815
Shame I had to delete Hyrule Conquest for now.
>>
File: WizzrobeBase.png (1.98 MB, 1104x860)
1.98 MB
1.98 MB PNG
Wizzrobe bases. They were originally going to have basalt pillars but Neph wants to save those for Subrosians and Volvagians
>>
File: 20190523191106_1.jpg (341 KB, 1920x1080)
341 KB
341 KB JPG
>>1127448
I'm kinda disappointed. I expected something high fantasy, like the Library level from Amid Evil.
>>
File: 20190523191129_1.jpg (388 KB, 1920x1080)
388 KB
388 KB JPG
Look at this shit.
>>
File: 20200407033256_1.jpg (392 KB, 1920x1080)
392 KB
392 KB JPG
Look at it.
>>
>>1127534
>>1127535
>>1127537
they're just nearly extinc birds hiding underground because all of their cities sank, iunno why you expected anything else
>>
File: file.png (1.32 MB, 1241x820)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB PNG
>>1127895
I though wizzrobes were a magical civilization?
>>
>>1128119
In nephy lore they were an ancient civilization that was sunk underground. Seems their bases are the ruined husks of their old cities that are magically raised from underground with the rocks still part of them.
>>
>>1128228
Aw. That certainly is an interesting view.
>>
bump
>>
Neph is currently having brainfarts over which NPCs to include and how to handle them. He's kind of gone back and forth about just having five per biome but also have each of those five having a different role (economy, mage, ruin, cav).
>>
>>1008538
Considering the original mod back in Medieval 2 was going to feature Majora as the final antagonist, yeah I think he'll be in.
>>
>>1105406
GO
N
KILL!
>>
File: lolgoron.png (595 KB, 974x866)
595 KB
595 KB PNG
The redesigned Rolling Ridge bases. They're uh... special.
>>
File: weegee.png (2.98 MB, 1920x1080)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB PNG
When will neph add end round defeat cutscenes, like the gorons being turned into a houses, the hylians passing gay marriage when defeated by labrynna or saria being run a train on by picoris?
>>
I like nephy's work because it is nice coom bait.
>>
File: npclist.png (51 KB, 1780x383)
51 KB
51 KB PNG
possible NPC list for the different biomes
>>
File: image01603.png (444 KB, 992x940)
444 KB
444 KB PNG
>>1130373
Or Saria getting spanked by Impa when the Kokiris are defeated by Sheikas?
>>
wow, someone is actually editing the wiki again. didn't think it would be for years
>>
>>1131043
based
>>
We now have a Wookiepedia thing working on the wiki
>>
>>1135378
...urgh.
>>
>>1137956
what?
>>
File: gdi.png (257 KB, 620x645)
257 KB
257 KB PNG
Saria, did I ever tell you about how Impa used to be? She was Zelda's grand grand grandmother's exotic teenage bodyguard, a fine piece of jailbait from a more civilized age. She had the tighest body and the perkiest little breasts in Hyrule; barely legal in most kingdoms. Nylin and I used to doubleteam her at the end of everyy succesful campaign during the Rise of Ganon, and once in a while we'd even have the entire battalion run a train over her, part of the official "war bussiness" of course. In time, she learned how to handle a mace better than anyone in the Cadre. She wore a miniskirt every say so we told her there were no panties in Hyrule, and since she was constantly doing acrobatics you'd get a glimpse of her Sheikah pussy mid flight as she'd do a flip while slicing a Moblin in half. It was surreal. We taught her to grip her katana backwards like a dildo and she constantly got captured by Blins and Interlopers almost every other day. It was ridiculous, like a constant porno Saria, you have no idea. And she was a good friend.
>>
>>1139131
what the fuck
>>
File: a.jpg (506 KB, 1446x944)
506 KB
506 KB JPG
>>1140323
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Hyrule Royal Guard, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Ganon, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in Sheikah warfare and I'm the top bowman in the entire Hyrule Army. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before by Hylia, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the LotG and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the Song of Storms, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my magic sword. Not only am I extensively trained in swordplay, but I have access to the entire arsenal of over 9000 looted dungeons and temples and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what holy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>1140359
Are we really so starved for posts that we're having pastas?
>>
>>1140423
What, you mean as opposed to Saria spanking?
C'mon, lighten up. Don't talk about how starved we are while giving nothing yourself, give your current-patch tier list stated as absolute fact. or rant about how shit Stalfos are, or something.
>>
>>1140446
At least Saria spanking is based.
Source : I'm the source of 80% of it.

Also Gerudos are fun.
>>
File: Talussy.png (492 KB, 925x587)
492 KB
492 KB PNG
>>1140423
Yeah, Neph's kinda busy with Stairfax because he's trying to finish EH before Krystal gets bored. Have a new model I guess.
>>
>>1140546
I dunno what's up with that, really.
>>
>>1140840
He's been pretty open that getting in contact with Estelle Ellis and apparently also Steven Malpass has made him want to work more on his obscure Star Fox game now. He did a livestream with Ellis a week ago and it sounds like him and her are starting some kind of weird small indie video game studio or something. It would be hilarious if he managed to wrangle a bunch of ex-Nintendo staffers and Star Fox voice actors together.
>>
>>1142670
>90s-2000s Rare reviwed by an American Zelda autist making a fan game on an 20 year old engine.
When is the movie coming out?
>>
File: WizzrobeRemodel.png (2.25 MB, 2107x2165)
2.25 MB
2.25 MB PNG
Wizzrobes got remodeled. I will miss the Wizzro-inspired aesthetic.
>>
File: file.png (2.22 MB, 1920x1080)
2.22 MB
2.22 MB PNG
>>1145728
I like it! I actually like these a lot! I always was fond of Wind Waker's design, with the toucans going "FUCK".
>>
page 10
>>
soon
https://www.moddb.com/mods/hyrule-conquest/news/minor-factions
>>
>>1151222
Soon!
>>
New version is out for Paymetrons. If you're not, it should be out anywhere from a week to a month later.
>>
Any trebuchet in that game?
>>
>>1156657
Several. Also cannons and catapults.
>>
>>1156962
>Also cannons
...in Zelda?
>>
>>1156966
Windwaker has you get shot out of a cannon circus clown style, so yes, cannons in Zelda.
>>
>>1156984
I keep forgetting that wind waker exists
>>
>>1156984
It does have a lot of cannons, Link can even use one when he's on the KoRL...
but wasn't the part where the pirates fire Link at the Fortress a catapult? Is there another part I'm forgetting, or version differences or something?

Anyway, on that note, TP also needs you to find and repair a giant, ancient cannon to access one of the final dungeons. The guy who repairs it is dressed as a circus clown, to boot.
In BotW, when you're in Goron Land, you've got cannons, which you're expected to use with your bombs for a few things. Memory's a little fuzzy, but I think there were more conventional cannons at the Bastion, or Keep, or whatever that military outpost was called. Maybe the Castle and elsewhere too. It's been a while.
I guess you might be able to count a few of the 2D games. They have mechanical stuff that fires projectiles. Could be "rolls out of an opening" in some cases, but hey. 2D. Hard to tell.
Probably some other stuff, but I think I've shown enough of my autism for now.
>>
File: G9bnFtW.jpg (80 KB, 256x256)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>1156966
Believe it or not, Zelda even canonically has handguns and hand...cannons. They show up in Labrynna's roster.
>>
>>1157554
I know, I remember now that there are cannons in Twilight Princess. I just completely forgot.
>>
>>1157415
Well whadaya know, unless there are regional differences and no-one shows it on youtube, or the magnolia effect is real; I guess I lied about the circus clown part, but still you have a cannon item for the boat in WW.
>>
>>1156966
There's a lot of cannons in Zelda. Auru in TP has a hand cannon. BOTW has cannons. Various boats in WW have cannons. The Moblins use cannons in the Oracle games. Spirits Tracks has a megaload of cannons. There's probably some I've missed. Yeah and Tetra has a pistol.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.