[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

It's me again, Mr. New Vegas, reminding you that you're nobody 'til somebody loves you. And that somebody is me. I love you.
>>
File: best_girl.jpg (128 KB, 1280x720)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>970404
I love Sunny!
>>
>>970416
Have you ever been in love with a celebrity? Come on you don't have to feel shy, I feel it between us too
>>
Mr. New Vegas is just an A.I.
>>
>>970818
And you're just Homosexual A.I.
>>
File: stretched-270598.jpg (1.57 MB, 1920x1080)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB JPG
>>970404
Excellent post, OP. I will always treasure New Vegas.
>>
>>970818
AI is japanese for "love"
>>
>>970911
>I will always treasure New Vegas
Nah.
I don't think so.
>>
>>970404
NCR = Legion = House = Independent
There's no wrong choice in who you side with, it depends on your own personal preference.
>>
File: sentrybot.png (1.62 MB, 1281x720)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB PNG
>>970416
Colonel Moore is clearly the best girl.
>>
https://web.archive.org/web/20120616174445/http://nexus404.com/Blog/2010/11/05/the-top-six-reasons-fallout-3-is-better-than-fallout-new-vegas-after-playing-both-i-discover-six-reasons-that-fallout-new-vegas-just-cant-surpass-fallout-3-yet/

6. Too many continuity issues. I understand that Fallout 3 isn’t related to Fallout New Vegas, but we ARE in the same universe here. And as such, there were plenty of strange details no one seems to be willing to account for. For instance, while it was good to see the Brotherhood of Steel still up and running, I expected their presence to be a lot bigger given how near to their home ground they were. And where was the Enclave?

4. Forced replay value. The game depends heavily on factions. Whether you’re working with the New California Republic, Caesar’s Legion, Mr. House, or just working for an independent New Vegas, you’re working for somebody. But what this means is that you can’t see everything your first trip through.
3. Relatively limited story
2. Radio options fewer. First, it IS awesome that they got Wayne Newton to handle the voice of Mr. New Vegas. That’s great. It’s wonderful, it truly is. But that having been said, Mr. New Vegas is no Three Dog.
1. Increased emphasis on speech challenges.
>>
>>971065
Literally a garbage post.
>>
>>971065
Thanks Anon I hate it.
>>
>>971080
>no argument
NV destroyed.
>>
How do I make New Vegas look nice, I have some upgraded texture pack but a lot of the time it makes their head really nice but a completely different skin color from the rest of their body
>>
File: Sunny Smiles and Cheyenne.jpg (277 KB, 1500x1900)
277 KB
277 KB JPG
>>970404
you just know
>>
>>970818
Yes, and...?
>>
Fallout NV is a good game, which I enjoy thouroughly, but it has some really bad internal problems. It might just be my computer, but every single time it just randomly crashes eventually and I have to create a new save in order to fix my autosave in order not to get stuck into an infinite loading screen. The story and setting is a lot more individualistic and free up to the player, but it is a bethesda game, so it has a lot of wacky issues sometimes.
>>
The atmosphere can be pretty nice sometimes.
>>
>>971065
>when a casual fag plays an actual RPG.
>>
>>971167
pure soul
>>
>>971155
Are you using all the recommended fan bug fixes?
My NV has been (mostly) stable since I started replaying it a few weeks ago with those.
>>
>>970404
Aw thanks Wayne
>>
>>971167
Now take the brown filter off.
>>
>>971120
But anon, they're both girls.
>>
>>971557
Never stopped a wh*te w*man
>>
>>971155
NVAC fixes the infinite loading screen bug. There's also a temporary workaround where you start a new game, skip the opening cutscene, and then load your latest save when you wake up in Doc Mitchell's house.
>>
>>971040
Who?
>>
>>971915
Based
>>
File: randall clark.jpg (40 KB, 400x512)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
for me it's Randall Clark
>>
>>973288
>for me it's Randall Clark
More like: "Randall FART"...!
Brahmin dung of a character.
>>
>>970818
>Mr. New Vegas is just an A.I.
Is this ever revealed in game? I also recall something like this, but when I replayed New Vegas recently I found no mention of this anywhere.
>>
>>970943
Balanced.
I'm currently doing a Legion playthrough, as it's the only thing I've never done before. I'm focusing on melee weapons and explosives and so far it's pretty fun.
>>
>>971040
I was doing an NCR playthrough until I bet this bitch and immediately swapped over to House. Lol.
>>
>>973891
also wondering this
>>
>>973848
Being contrarian doesn't make you look intelligent
>>
File: IMG_20201105_073708.jpg (119 KB, 1053x1207)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>973891
It was posted on a, now offline, Bethesda blog, there may be screenshots but at this point it's a piece of lore only documented on wikis and in the heads of fans
>>
>>971155
Follow the Viva New Vegas mod guide and you'll have no problems with the game. A ton of new mods were made over the last years that make for a stable and enjoyable NV experience.
If you want the game to be as Vanilla as possible, only install the core module.
>>
>>973900
>>973891
>>973903
https://archive.is/9nmeP
Found the blog, it's just a quick mention of the fact, no real details.
>>
>>973903
>It was posted on a, now offline, Bethesda blog
So this is lore from Bethesda? Shouldn't Obsidian have decided this?
In this case I'll take it only as fan fiction.
>>
>>973902
Everybody hates brahmin dung Randall Fart.
YOU'RE the contrarian.

Now get the fuck outta here, pipsqueak!
>>
File: 7_of_Diamonds.jpg (97 KB, 363x518)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>973917
The blog post was written by Matt Grandstaff >>973914 who was the community manager at Bethesda. The way the article is written it's obviously based on first hand accounts of development. But it's the only line that's mentioned it, but along with his playing card just being a microphone I think it's safe to assume it's canon
>>
>>973917
Obshittyian can't be trust with developing the lore.
They'd probably just paint a brahmin blue like they did with the super mutants.
They fuck up the lore like that with lazy bullshit.
>>
>>973938
That's a microphone for human use, you big dumby.
That's not an AI.
>>
File: IMG_20201112_081637.jpg (40 KB, 680x680)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>973944
>I'm a pigheaded autist
>>
>>971065
The BoS is small because the NCR has curb stomped them in the NCR and the Mojave.

What's wrong with multiple playable factions? Do you play a game one time and that's it?

New Vegas has more of a story than 3.

Radio stations sucked until FO 4 came along.

So your answer to every situation is to kill?
>>
>>973938
So, if we assume that Mr New Vegas is an A.I. developed by Mr House, what was House's motivation behind this? House never does anything without a reason.
Is Mr. New Vegas a propaganda tool for Mr. House? I don't recall him ever saying anything positive (or negative) about House.
Maybe he just wanted to form a new national identity for his cobbled together band of tribals.
>>
>>973969
Radio entertainment under his own control.
>>
>>973955
Shit up, stupid.
You got called out on your Bos taurus shit, and now you're getting all gay up in here.
>>
>>973988
So, why didn't just do the radio himself?
Is he shy, or something?
>>
>>973944
Its a symbol for his profession as a radio host you sperg.
>>
>>973990
>Bos taurus
>domesticated bovine animals as a group regardless of sex or age - domesticated bovine animals as a group regardless of sex or age; "so many head of cattle"; "wait till the cows come home"; "seven thin and ill-favored kine"- Bible; "a team of oxen"
What are you trying to say while you pretend to be smart?
>>
>>974003
You're not god or jesus, you can't decide that.
Maybe it's more of a symbol, and you're just too caught up in your ways to see that.
>>
File: ranger.png (118 KB, 340x432)
118 KB
118 KB PNG
>>973848
take your meds schizo
>>
File: Bethesda and Fallout.jpg (2.4 MB, 1609x3554)
2.4 MB
2.4 MB JPG
>>971065
I've posted this so many times, but never in response to an example of the exact kind of person it described.
>>
>>974401
I agree with most of what he said here, but there is an area that matches his description of the glow equivalent in fallout 4.
>>
File: EeQjgXFWsAAVdSl.jpg (34 KB, 429x343)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>971065
>''At first when I started F:NV I thought the whole atmosphere was a bit mystical, a bit unexplained. There was something strange in the air… But soon it turned out to be another good and evil conflict only this time the good is not so good and the evil is not very evil. Great.

The more I play F:NV the more I want to go back to F3.''
>>
>>974401
Why do people seethe so hard over the 3 dog line? If it was changed from INT to CHA it would have been fine. Its just flattery, there are many worse examples of dialogue in fallout 3 (some of which are in this post).
>>
File: 93452346.png (836 KB, 1200x675)
836 KB
836 KB PNG
>>971065
>"At first when I started F:NV I thought the whole atmosphere was a bit mystical, a bit unexplained. There was something strange in the air… But soon it turned out to be another good and evil conflict only this time the good is not so good and the evil is not very evil. Great."

wow it's not like the devs were trying to say that "hey life isn't black and white it's 10 million shades of grey"
>>
>>973899
She’s no bitch. She’s an intimidating and authoritative woman, but she cares for her country and her soldiers deeply.
>>
>>970818
better that then 3 dog and what was the radio guys name in four? Travis i think?
>>
>>971065
>whining that there's no ayylmaos
these people vote
>>
>>974533
Steel be with you.
>>
>>974785
She can lick my ass for all I care.
She's a rude, vindictive bitch.
>>
>>975704
But she salutes you!
And she is vindictive only in recognizing the enemies of her Republic must be destroyed .
>>
>>975791
>But she salutes you!
In a condescending way.
Every time she saluted me or talked down to me I got the urge to scream and violently flail around. I just can't bare her bullshit.
One time I smashed my minifridge.
>she is vindictive only in recognizing the enemies of her Republic must be destroyed
It's all for personal gain. She couldn't care less about what flag is flying over, only her quest for power it what drives her.
It would better for NCR interests (i.e. public relations) to approach the minor factions diplomatically, rather than through outright violence.
>>
>>975874
>I got the urge to scream and violently flail around. I just can't bare her bullshit.
>One time I smashed my minifridge.
Based fictional characters causing sperg rage.
>>
>>970404
i unironically uninstalled the game after hearing that
>>
>>975880
If you're not going to add to the topic, then why even reply at all?
She's evil, so it was a justifiable course of action.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.