[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Final_Fantasy_XI_logo.png (47 KB, 300x163)
47 KB
47 KB PNG
I'm playing this on Eden, and everything is going so slow. I only have like 6 hours per week to play it, and I started for the exploration and adventure aspects. Should I just switch to retail and power through it with the QoL and Trusts?
>>
>>953007
Eden is good, as is Omega.
I am on Omega and I play a similar amount of hours.
Omega currently lets you get 3 XP rings per week. 2 are +50% xp. 1 ring is 100%. (Anniversary ring)
These rings help new players get caught up or at least power through the first few levels etc.
Also it adds a bit of "dailies or weeklies". It is always worth it to burn your XP bands. Anyway if ya play on Omega pop into the discord and say you are from 4Chan and I will toss ya some starting gil.
>>
>>953007
It must be nice to have so much time to waste into a private server for a slog of a game.
>>
>>953007
I have played WoW and FFXIV and also getting into FFXI on eden private server. Let me tell you need to get out of your mind the thought of trying to get the game fast. On eden you don't play to get fast into endgame. Just enjoy the game in the little hours you have. I also don't 24/7 into the game. I log in and search for a group to do some dunes leveling or do the rank quest.
Everything in this game is slow af and it was pretty stupid for me at the beggining but then i figure it out it's just a game to chill. Nothing hardcore.
>>
>>954423
It's kinda hard to enjoy it in the little time I have when I have like 2 hours every second day of which 1 can easily be spent just travelling from Bastok to Windurst for a Mission. I've played the game in 6 hour sessions on my off days and I've found it much more enjoyable that way, you can actually spend some time with an EXP group and chat with them, you can shoot the shit waiting for a boat with someone, or you can just fish for an inane amount of time. It's obvious that that is the way the game is meant to be played at 75 cap, but I just don't have the time right now to give it those 6 hours sessions considering that I'm in college
>>
File: 1574266740944.jpg (79 KB, 768x593)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
Damn after getting to lvl 16 in my hume i feel kinda jelous when seeing a tarutaru. I was going to be a tarutaru but some people told me the SAM gear don't look good or the physical jobs in general. But i don't wanna grind another week into the state my character is rn
>>
File: complete_world_full.jpg (169 KB, 800x670)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
Yes, play retail for the QoL and new content.
>>
>>953007
>Should I just switch to retail and power through it with the QoL and Trusts?
Absolutely. 6 hours per week on the old leveling system would take forever to get to 75.
>>
File: menumap m_ex5_rg.png (363 KB, 512x512)
363 KB
363 KB PNG
>>955874
I always wondered who drew that and why the unexplored areas were drawn that way. Posting real Ulbuka here for comparison.
>>
Damn why FFXI threads are always so empty. Where do people talk abou this game?
>>
>>957809
Well the first week or two of vrpg it was here then some anons tried to push it out to be a general on vg and it died horribly, then they tried running it on vmp and that was a bust too. So now with the populace split and not knowing where to look its back to vrpg, but the threads are slower now.

>>954696
I know it can be rough not getting to play it as often as you would like to. Not sure if you have done or know about the supplies quests you can run to allow teleporting to outposts? Those should help you get around much quicker, and if you are already fishing you should have no trouble affording a tp as they are not too expensive.
>>
Dunno why but i can't seem to find parties to do something in dunes other than lizards. Do people do lizards all the way to max level or what the fuck?
>>
>>957637
Same. Tsahya being bigger than all of Mindartia is weird.
>>
>>957860
>but the threads are slower now
Discussion of this game seems to be more lively during free login campaigns like during /vrpg/'s first month. Surprisingly, there isn't one this month even though there's been one every November for the past few years.
>>
File: Jakohprogress3b.jpg (59 KB, 578x725)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>953007
If you want to succeed in this game solo you need to play Retail. You can do everything up to end-game solo by using trusts. I'm like you and only have limited time to play the game for the most part.
>>
>>957896
Level'ing up crabs and goblins tended to be the most popular mobs. Those and crawlers. People tended to level on mobs that didn't have nasty TP moves.
>>
File: 1600213095062.jpg (33 KB, 679x519)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>957809
>>957860
>>959152
weebs and various other mentally ill from /a/ flooded the board and people who like rpg's more than anime left in disgust. there is no discussion here any more, only reddit-tier cute-posting about fire emblem.
>>
>>957809
FFXIAH
>>
>>955751
just use dressup or the ashita equivalent bro
https://docs.windower.net/addons/dressup/
>>
>>957977
its probably the 2d map projection problems making the extremes look bigger
>>
>>959771
Is this for me only or does everyone else see the change?
>>
>>959844
Just you.
>>
>>959872
what is the ashit equivalent named btw?
>>
File: 1599222125967.png (277 KB, 469x452)
277 KB
277 KB PNG
Fuck Dynamis - Beaucedine
>>
Yes, come to Phoenix, we're a merry band
>>
>>959392
It's less about soloing, I easily find parties because NIN, it's just that everything takes so long because the point is to shoot the shit with other people. Travelling, drops for missions, boats, aquiring gil, leveling itself
>>
i just wanna play it on a ps2
>>
File: 1335424844201.jpg (175 KB, 772x875)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
>>961759
Never ever
>>
>>959882
sexchange seriously
>>
>>954696
Unlock outpost warping. And trust me, if you actually enjoy the game in 6 hour bursts you are going to miss traveling from place to place once you try out retail.
>>
>>962077
Ah yes, I too miss walking 30min just to get to the next zone
>>
>>953007
I think you need to stop treating the game as some sort of race and just play it at your own pace. I don’t log in for weeks at a time outside of gardening and still enjoy it when i commit several hours of time into it. Its a slow grind and its meant to deter people from getting everything too quickly.
>>
>>962161
I definitely miss it, it was very chill. Since it made going out feel like a proper adventure every time. Reaching convinient places like nations also wasn’t difficult and accessible through fast travel so I didn’t see an issue with it.
>>
>>957896
people exp on flies there too, by that one tree or w/e
>>
>>957896
Crabs if you've got a mage, flies if you have melee DD. After a few levels, start drawing in Goblins
>>
File: file.png (179 KB, 345x400)
179 KB
179 KB PNG
>>962746
>scissor guards ur path
heh hope you don't like to do damage
>>
>>957896
you can pretty much fight crabs all the way to max level. The only time I really even remember fighting lizards is in Valkurm. Uh, let's see... I remember worms and something else in Qufim, Mandragoras in Yuhtunga, Bats in Garbage Citadel, Crawlers in Crawler's Nest, Spiders and Ants in the Desert, Goobers in Zitah, Weapons in the Shrine of whatever.
But somehow I remember fighting crabs the entire time.
>>
File: 1582222363612.jpg (26 KB, 480x960)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>963034
In old FFXI do you really go to lvl 75 fighting 1 monster over and over again in valkrum? You do nothing else?
>>
>>963100
No, most people leave Valkurm by 20. I think the old rotation was:
Qufim
Yuhtunga
Yhoator
Garliage
(Korolloka for cool peeps who knew)
Altepa
Crawler's Nest
More Crawler's Nest
When am I going to leave this fucking nest
Boyahda Tree
Upper Boyahda tree
>>
>>963100
No. You stop gaining EXP from monsters if they're at least several levels below yours. Those that don't give EXP are checked as "Too Weak to be Worthwhile". In party situations, any mobs below the party's level is not worth grinding, heck, even mobs rated as "Tough" offers too little IMO.
Technically, you could via the level sync system, but why would you want to play a job in the 10s all the way to level cap?
>>
>>963100
>>963130
As for "same enemy" there definitely was a degree of that in the old game, but that was because of enemy movesets. There was a strong tendency to gravitate towards enemy types with low defense and no or weak AOE if possible. This led to parties seeking out worms, crabs, and crawlers wherever they were available to EXP on.
Having the freedom to attack whatever you want is definitely a plus of the new Playstyle IMO
>>
>>963130
>>963140
>>963177
Guess i just wasn't having luck on finding any flies farm party.
>>
>>963130
>When am I going to leave this fucking nest
I'd do some Quicksand Caves in-between all of that if you want to keep your sanity.
>inb4 oh boy more beetles
>>
>>963130
Post your favorite non-traditional camps.
>gustav tunnel entrance bats/gobs
>yhoator jungle gobs near cauldron entrance
>altepa outpost gobs
I liked Goblins. They always seemed to die the fastest along with crawlers.
>>
>>960272
Phoenix and not Asura?
>>
>>965152
There is an LS on Phoenix that is comprised of players from here. There is also a recent new social LS that started up there which several people from here are part of.

I'm "Grayth" on Phoenix and I'm on hiatus right now, and I don't have a pearl bag, but if you need help getting in contact with the LS I can help with that all the same.
>>
>>965681
Will I be able to find help there in case a late game story boss is not well suited to trusts?
>>
>>965972
Yes, the Phoenix shell have been crazy helpful with missions and even threw in a PL session unlike anything I'd ever seen in Zi'tah. I'm just a paper-defense BLM but I throw in when I can just to match their efforts.
>>
>>963130
If this is supposed to be an old rotation how the fuck did you miss cape terrigan and kuftal tunnel?
Before colibri and TP burns became a thing people actually did BLM AM Magic burst parties in kuftal tunnel crabs where you actually performed a skillchain.
>>
>>964854
The list isn't super accurate anyway, missed a ton of common areas like Cape Terrigan, Gustav Tunnel, Quicksand Caves, Kuftal Tunnel, Bibiki bay, etc
>>
>>966377
Cape Terrigan: missed out
Kuftal Tunnel: forgot, but now you've unlocked many funny Guivre memories
>>
>>965152
reddit loves to shill that server as the last bastion of US players but the issue is that while it is populated well, the majority of people are multiboxing and botting. And people expect you to be doing the same, it's disgusting.
>>
Out of curiosity, to anyone who's on Asura, Odin, or Bahamut, how crowded are the player-chosen designated "bazaar areas" on those servers? Congested enough to cause and hindrances when passing by?
>>
>>967992
No on Odin.
>>
File: 1586215871400.jpg (195 KB, 600x600)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
>>961759
dont remind me
>>
>>966377
ToUA kind of killed the game. It was the start of instant gratification pops, narrow maps and insane XP. At least CoP tried to mix it up with pops done in sea.
>>
>>968314
It gave us the best job though
>>
File: Scholar.jpg (117 KB, 288x412)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>968601
no WoTG did that
>>
>>968601
yes
>>968685
no, that's cor
>>
>>970093

The best most fun jobs in the game are Scholar, Puppetmaster and Blue Mage. This is an irrefutable fact, I’m sorry
>>
File: RuneFencer.png (313 KB, 550x580)
313 KB
313 KB PNG
>>968601
>>968685
>>970093
>>970924
Nah
>>
File: 1592697994653.jpg (170 KB, 460x520)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
>tfw no friends irl who want to play because it looks old af and the combat looks so boring early levels
>>
>>971084
Acceptable. If it was retail I would say Rune Fencer is also one of the best most fun jobs in the game. Scholar is still the absolute most fun job in the game hands down, followed by Blue Mage. Puppetmaster is by far the most fun job to customize with tho.
>>
>>971409
That literally means they wouldnt be fun to play with anyway.
>>
So why does eden refuse to implement at least up until scholar and dancer if there is another server doing it...?
>>
>>972438
they're mostly just doing toau things, scholar and dancer were added in wotg
>>
>>972575
That doesn't answer my question. I know they are working on ToAU right now, what I don't understand is why they refuse to add WoTG content ever, at least up until those two jobs. Its literally all people want.
>>
>>972895
The entire premise of the server js replicating the game experience from 2002-2008 before WoTG released
>>
>>974100
Did WoTG even changed the way the game is played?
>>
>>974379
Not so much compared to ToAU at first, but the raising of the level cap from 75 (along with the Abyssea add-ons) happened in the middle of WotG, with the WotG story missions ending when the level cap was at 90. Abyssea did more game changing than WotG itself, especially in the way of EXP camps.
>>
>>974826
>raising of the level cap to 99
Nobody said they would have to add WoTG up to this era. Literally NOBODY said this. Why does everytime someone ask about a WoTG server for sch and dnc people assume they want abyssea content?
>>
>>974826
There are plenty of ToAU expansion content that got added during WoTG era just like theres a lot of WoTG era expansion content that got added during the Abyssea and up era.
This doesn't mean you can't make a server replicate a specific point of an expansion, like Eden is trying to do according to your point. A 75 cap WoTG-era server wouldnt change how the game is played at all other than adding two new jobs, making some quality of life changes like the instant warp scroll prices and add scholar and dancer which is mainly what people want.
> but the raising of the level cap from 75 (along with the Abyssea add-ons) happened in the middle of WotG, with the WotG story missions ending when the level cap was at 90. Abyssea did more game changing than WotG itself, especially in the way of EXP camps.
Nobody said anything about raising the level cap or abyssea, especially when the anon is asking about Eden, a server whose entire point is to replicate a 75 cap era. Some anons just miss having ALL the content 75 cap era had on its peak and it makes little sense to at least work on adding scholar/dancer content when there are other servers that have added it. WoTG era would also be the most time friendly towards anon who work given it is an era where soloing for exp is viable, and no I am not talking about trusts.
>>
>>975177
>>975212
Fair enough, and highly agreed on wanting all 75 cap content. I was just merely explaining how it went in the timeline. One guess of mine in why they don't add WotG in general is because of the latter end of the expansion and the post-75 era bleeding into the storyline and content in some kind of all or nothing mentality, though that may be BS. Is it hard to have the entirety of WotG's missions in 75 cap with a few adjustments and exclude things like Abyssea, Walk of Echoes, Voidwatch, Voidwalker, Voidwaste, etc.?
>>
What's FFXI eden era end-game? Cuz everytime i see people talking about endgame always say something like "there's no endgame on FFXI" but never explain shit.
>>
>>975579
I'm not a dev so I wouldn't know but I imagine that once you have things figured out, probably not? The question would be how to balance it. How much of an HP reduction it needs etc.

>>975767
FFXI has endgame and its quite expansive but its not a 5 minute fight you do over and over again, instead its more of a explore a massive dungeon with buddies for drops then use those drops to spawn endgame bosses and fight them with alliances of 18 people. Thats why getting the stuff you want takes a long time because you actually have to implement some sort of system to decide who gets the drops first. Classic FFXI is also more about the journey, you will spend more time leveling up jobs than you will doing endgame.
>>
>>975767
>>976255
I'd argue XI doesn't have an "end-game" because nearly all content is relevant no matter what level you are. Level 10 NMs and BCNM30s are just as vital to your level 75 as Sky is.
>>
>>976286
Ya but then when i get to 75 i need something to do i guess. If i already done all the low level stuff that is. I surely don't wanna redo all of the leveling stuff i did?
>>
>>976302
At 75 you do Sky, Sea, Assault, Salvage, Einherjar, ZNMs, HNMs, etc.
>>
>>976302
There is a ton of endgame content in FFXI, theres just some people do more than others such as sky and dynamis. But there are several things you can do and all the content is relevant.
Lower level content also remains relevant to you as its the only way to get certain things like magic scrolls or equipment and sometimes even maps.
>>
>>953007
What do you mean "retail"? What is non-retail?
>>
>>976713
Private servers.
>>
>>971409
In retail you don't stay at low levels very long
>>
When is Live Vana'diel going to showcase an area other than Mhaura?
>>
Chains of Promathia was so good

https://youtu.be/aD6mvRiJfuA
>>
>>978911
It's too bad you can't really see Promathia during the fight.
>>
>>980178
Perks of being a backline job.
>>
>>963130
Weapons camp outside Jeuno
Onzozo by the Ose spawn
Zi'Tah outpost gobbo pets
Buburimu dhalmels

http://campsitarus.blogspot.com/ had a pretty accurate list of camps too, but that was more of a 2008 list than OG camps.
>>
I just started playing on Eden last week and got my WHM to lvl 12. I understand I'm supposed to get to the dunes so I can do my first exp party farm but I have no clue as to how to get there. I'm at the city with the bagpipe music.
>>
>>981803
Go south through West Ronfaure to get to La Theine. Valkurm Dunes is at the southern end of La Theine.
>>
>>981803
This>>981812
ALSO REMEMBER TO GET THE SUPPLIE QUEST FROM THE T.K SO YOU CAN UNLOCK TELEPORTATION THERE THIS IS IMPORTANT, ANON
>>
>>957809
>why does a 20 year old MMO garner so little discussion?
>>
>Appealing-as-hell design and aesthetic
>Charming personality
>Treats you like a person, instead of merely a tool to be used and abused
>Has actual banter amongst the cast, rather than just showing up to dryly deliver exposition
>Best method of applying Reraise on party members
>Literally built the Good Future you are fighting to save
>Fine too

How do the other avatars even BEGIN to compete, bros?
>>
If you don't have much time, playing retail is not really a great idea. You will spend literal months trying to push through old content which won't be engaging because its so easy so instead it becomes tedious and annoying. This stuff matters because you will want to get the +10% xp bost from old missions, and also need to complete old missions to do the new High Tier versions. There are also tons of systems that work like daily's so you will end up feeling like you have to do all the daily type content any time you play or you'll be missing out, when its honestly better at times to break away from it. The old school level grind to 75 was insane for sure, but it doesn't compare really to needing to grind through everything previous in the game, and all the time locked content from Adoulin expansion, in order to have any reasonable pace at grinding out job points at level 99. I'd say limited time players are better off playing private server at classic era, unless you're one of those dishonest anons that say "I don't have a lot of time to play games, I don't spend much time gaming" when in reality you spend every free minute playing games.

My most heartfelt advice would be to stay away from any MMO though, it's a dead game type that was started to capture a certain audience and has homogenized like every other genre into the current dark age of gaming style. Play more PNP games with people IRL.
>>
>>982911
Private server FFXI is fine. The best thing about its design is that its not a system built around doing dailies to keep you playing and instead lets you progress at your own pace
>>
>>982911
Not even for the exploration and story?
>>
I started but then stopped just kind of accepted i missed the boat
>>
>>982911
>PNP games
This made me remember when i tried to play D&D with friends but they couldn't even bring themselves to read 4 pages of their class after i fucking explained like 30 pages of how the game fucking works. Your PNP advice only works for certain people tbqh, anon.
>>
>>983494
>I started but then stopped just kind of accepted i missed the boat
Why? there's a lot of people starting on eden, like me.
>>
>>981812
I can't remember, do you start with La Theine or Valkurm maps?
>>
>>983610
I think San d'Orians start with the La Theine map.
>>
>>983529
It's ok to find new friends that aren't shitty, you don't owe them anything
>>
>>983529
Not to mention, if you are wanting to run a game there are countless players out there across a multitude of platforms begging to play anything. You can be choosy as hell about who you let play and exactly how many you want to run the game for.
>>
Wait Wing server is lvl 75 but with 2 new jobs? Why the fuck eden doesn't do that? isn't just more content without raising level cap?
>>
>>984541
...this actually frustrates me.
Wings of the goddess was the last 75 cap expansion it just kinda finished around the time the level cap started raising as well. It was 75 cap era but with a lot of content that improved quality of life, particularly the ability to solo for exp much easier
>>
>>984541
maybe one day when they finish everything else they'll make a fresh wotg server till then there's a lot to work on
>>
>>984805
>they'll make a fresh wotg server
WHy fresh?
>>
>>984808
because as far as i know eden will always be toau focused, would make sense to start wotg fresh since that era is different balance wise
>>
>>984823
That would already divide the community even more on a community already divided. I wouldn't like that tbqh.
>>
>>984823
That makes absolutely no sense. You take the word different balance way to drastically far
>>
Tell me Shantotto... if your federation is so great why is it so fucking big?
>>
>>985501
>Used to like Bastok
>Get redpilled
>realize how stupid Democracy is
>>
>>985501
>complaining about a zones size
>not knowing about warp tarus
This is how I know you're cringe and bluepilled
>>
File: file.png (123 KB, 225x224)
123 KB
123 KB PNG
>>985710
Of course I know of such trivialities as your "warp tarus"... that does not excuse needing so many zones, and one that has two maps but one floor!
>>
File: ffxi zone maps.jpg (1.69 MB, 3144x2668)
1.69 MB
1.69 MB JPG
Alright I'm new to the game, so why is it that everyone else can walk through King Ranperre's Tomb without aggroing everything but I do? I feel like I missed a mechanic or something.
>>
>>985858
if you level above mobs that are below level 56(I think 56, its somewhere around ther) and they check too weak to be worthwhile they won't aggro anymore. why are you in KRT anyway?
>>
>>985858
They probably have Sneak on. Enemies can aggro by sight or sound, and most stuff in Ranperre's Tomb except for goblins aggro only through sound. If you're not on a job that can cast Sneak, you can also use silent oils or if you're on retail go to the Grounds Tome near the entrance and get circumspection from it.
>>
File: 1500364373969.jpg (778 KB, 1093x1500)
778 KB
778 KB JPG
>>985862
I was just grinding in east ronfaure when I happened upon the place and decided to check it out because it was a change of scenery. I probably had a dozen people run pass me while I was killing worms and the bats over the course of an hour. I figured there must be something important at the end.
>>
>>985915
yeah there's some interesting stuff in there pretty deep in
>>
>>985864
>Enemies can aggro by sight or sound
>>985858
Undead will also aggro to low HP and some enemies will aggro to a player who is " resting" or to a player casting magic.
>>
File: 1364928137337.jpg (46 KB, 458x463)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>986362
I really liked this about ffxi that every other mmo feels like it's missing. Mob senses made knowing the bestiary and area super important. Being able to metal gear your way into high level zones, or being strong enough that low mobs don't even bother with you anymore.

That being said fuck the sandbats in the dunes tunnel to highlands.
>>
File: 20070308131739_173.jpg (35 KB, 497x656)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>986392
It's a cool little mechanic. I imagine it must have been a shock when players first discovered it in the old days.
>>
>>986392
>>986476
FFXI is an everquest clone so it is essentially a mainstay mechanic of old MMO titles. I think FFXI handled it better though, I just wish Deodorize wasn't so useless.
>>
File: whyjack.jpg (5 KB, 212x238)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>want to write Fanfiction set in Vana'diel
>Don't feel comfortable enough with the lore to start
I don't know which is worse, being lore illiterate in a game where no one really knows the lore to start with, or the fact I was to write fanfition
>>
>>987753
I'm sure someone in this thread has a link to that full lore timeline that was translated from the JP book.
>>
>>987753
idk if these will help,plus there's a bunch of the vana'diel tribunes out there
https://legacy.zam.com/wiki/Windurst_Timeline
https://legacy.zam.com/wiki/San_d'Oria_Timeline
https://legacy.zam.com/wiki/Bastok_Timeline
>>
>>987753
Mm, I know that feeling. I used to write fanfic/roleplay stuff for it years ago, but over time my knowledge of the details of the setting has diminished. Going back and playing it recently has helped though. I talk to NPC's more nowadays.

It's a great setting
>>
>>987753
Definitely lore illiteracy. Doesn't help that the books with the extended lore that's not featured in-game weren't officially translated into English.
>>
>>991236
I'm surprised there isen't a group project to get these texts translated, but then again FFXI is ultra niche so...
>>
you think ffxi stuff could work for dnd?
>>
Whats it like being an young, inexperienced Mithra mercenary in Windurst?
>>
>>992193
you spend several weeks killing caterpillars for there threads and calculi.
Work doing the errands of a childrens club unironically called the SOBs.
You spend your time talking to officers and guards that sound like children and also bicker as such.
>>
>>992190
i don't see why not. someone made an XIV supplement for D&D 5e.
You could probably take some inspiration from that.

Or were you trying to create something completely new not actually based on D&D?
>>
>>992237
>Be Cat Merc
>Job Advertisement: Kill Yag scum for Dosh and the glory of Star Sibyl also if you work hard enough you can get cat boi dick and have a litter of kittens
>Job Reality: 3 parts Silk Farming for the local clothcraft industrial complex, 2 parts Baby sitter for both Children and Adult guards, and the boi cat is always drained
>>
>>992268
>i don't see why not. someone made an XIV supplement for D&D 5e.
i heard this before. Do you have any link for that?
>>
>>992505
sorry for reddit link, but this is where the project is mainly worked on. i think they use GM Binder to actually host the pdf though.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXIVxDnD/
>>
>>992651
Would you recommend previous or current build?
>>
>>992692
Haven't actually gotten to play it myself, but I'm sure you could be fine with the current build.
>>
>>992651
>blue mage stripped of all the fighting monster to see their abilities and recreate them stripped away
Well that was a bad start. I hope it gets better.
>>
>>992268
yeah maybe something like 5e or 4e even, i love the lore/world of the game so it'd be nice to see it used somewhere else is all
>>
>>992772
>play tabletop where weird shit like that can actually work and they strip it
Redditors are fucking retards.
>>
>>992871
I typed in "ffxi d&d" on google and got a couple more reddit links of people brainstorming/sharing some docs. (one guy made Rune Fencer for instance.)

Might be worth a look.
>>
>>992876
After readint it all it's just D&D5 with FFXIV jobs salpped into it (almost all spells are the D&D5e regulars except from some blu spells and some invocations).
I wonder if someone has done any FF tabletop real game. With a FF bestiary and a MP system. I mean they just gotta use FF5 system since is the one closer to any RPG tabletop game.
>>
>>991236
does anyone know where I can get titles for these books? I'd like to hunt them down and see if I can't start some kind of shitty translations of them since I know a modicum of japanese
>>
>>993163
There is a d20 Final Fantasy game. Last I remember it's over 500 pages. But it'd be safe to assume that it's just strictly the d20 system with FF slapped on. Perhaps some mechanical changes, but might be worth a look?
>>
>>992876
this
your gonna have to build a system from the ground up and hope your players don't quit on you when it turns out the system is shit
>>
>>955751
I ended up making a female hume because I, confusing the rules of a different game with those of FFXI, thought you had to have a female character to play a Dancer.
>>
>>997816
Hume females are based anyway
>>
>>997816
Thankfully you can ally yourself to any nation and be any job regardless of race or sex in FFXI, though most of the notable Dancers in XI are female Humes, so there's that.
>>
>>972438
>>975212
From what I could gather about butthurt on WotG (because I never understood the butthurt and why people said it killed the game), the only thing I could finally find is seething black mages and red mages dilating about Scholar. I also saw minor seething about endgame monsters. So it's likely both.

It takes some autismo to be a dev, and mega autismo to hang out in the dev circles, and these types tend to be either mages and/or mega endgame retards, so it's probably both seething about Scholar, and there's probably one or two items that are easily gotten that btfo their super special i'm-so-cool item that takes 400 hours to get.
>>
>>978881
There is no one in any zone except Jeuno, Adoulin, and Mhaura. They don't want to look dead KEK

>>981803
God I remember just making my own way organically to La Theine, and someone sent me a random tell to be a tank in dunes and I had no clue what the fuck he was talking about, and he gave me directions and I found the camp kek.
>>
>>985915
Ranperre's Tomb gets higher level monsters at (4?) stages the deeper you go. Assuming you're level ~9, you'll only be able to get halfway through before monsters are too difficult.

So many people passing you were, if they weren't aggroing while running straight through, probably level 30+.
>>
>>986392
There are 2 types of players in FFXI -- those who ran to Jeuno on their own at level 20, and those who paid a guide or a friend to escort them.
>>
>>992193
Tarus begging you to party because they need someone with physical capabilities.
>>
>>997816
Female humes are the best race for dancer anyways (because you can't make a half-hume half-elf).
>>
>>1000118
old timey FFXIfag here
SCH effectively obsoleted WHM, back then cure 4 was more than good enough with aurorastorm + light staff + light obi to outshine WHM cures hard and costing less. RDMs weren't hit as hard, but the lack of aurorastorm cures did make RDM healers kind of pissed. I don't think anyone actually *seriously* used BLMs outside of gimmicks when WoTG released so I am unable to recall anything about it. BLM by default has a shit ton more MAB over SCH so outside of whatever strategems SCH has BLM still had more nuking power.

tl;dr: SCH is what led SE to add Afflatus Solace, giving WHM a reason to exist post-SCH.

there's really no reason to not implement dancer, it makes soloing possible or just better for certain jobs. It's not a broken job by any means... unless you count the fact that DNC main job only really got good at abyssea. not that Haste Samba and Reverse Flourish isn't spectacular or anything, it's more of an issue with daggers than it is DNC. such is life in DD-realms on FFXI. there's a reason why Tachi: Gekko is OP in 75 cap.
>>
>>1000165
Yeah Dancer was really nice and Scholar was the problem. I didn't know it was that bad and basically ruined WHM though so I'd get the hate coming from a WHM. In any case they probably want to finish up ToAU stuff, so maybe then they'll finally start considering doing WotG but just leaving Scholar out.
>>
>>1000165
post was too long

SCH also had Embrava which works with accession, which was (and sort of still is even post nerf) genuinely overpowered.

SCH could outlast BLM nukes with mp efficiency and main job Sublimation too, but I dont think they were on such a short leash as compared to RDM or WHM.

>>1000190
to be fair WHM was effectively replaced by RDMs well before WoTG if you didn't want R3, stona or the +20 potency barspells from af2 legs. just SCH destroyed any semblance of balance.
>>
>>1000200
I don't really know what WHM vs RDM did at endgame regarding support, but in my experience WHM was still wanted/useful in endgame stuff, and still pretty viable when leveling up (if the person was at least decent with MP management and the party wasn't utter shit).

Only times I recall actually needing a red mage leveling up is for a Paladin tank in a strong party so they can hold hate. You do need them at endgame for an enfeeble bot and to refresh other mages, but you'd probably only need a couple red mages to take care of that, and could then take some white mages too.
>>
>>1000228
there's almost no difference between a RDM/WHM and WHM/anything before SCH existed

the main difference is RDM had more sources of auto refresh (rdm AF2 hat in addition to dalmy), and the refresh spell + convert

whm only had raise above raise 1, stona, 2 more teleport spells, regen above 2 (which had no potency gear at the time iirc outside of AF), *slightly* better shell with merits, and a few more bar-status spells /WHM didnt get.

there's been a bunch of additions to WHM spells and abilities post-ToAU, most notably Afflatus Solace which is a game changer

a well geared RDM was better than a well geared WHM at 75 cap before WoTG because they could keep curing longer AND debuff harder...

really if you needed stona you needed a whm plain and simple. I personally think it would be better to bring a whm and a rdm for endgame just to split up the tasks. But this is FFXI, and people were elitist as fuck and dont want to spread the love. thank fuck for abyssea, that fixed that problem right away.
>>
>>1000257
Ah, well glad I had a decent endgame group that wasn't elitist and could still get things done. Never noticed if we had relatively largely more RDM than WHM in the group, seemed to be event from a non-paying-attention perspective.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.