[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / vrpg / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: mmo.jpg (207 KB, 1280x720)
207 KB
207 KB JPG
What's a good MMORPG to play in 2020?
>>
>>56593
/v/scape if they revert thieving.
>>
>>56593
You're funny.
There isn't one.
>>
Have you tried looking at the catalog and finding a game from there?
>>
>>56593
none
>>
File: 1566145369553.jpg (20 KB, 347x315)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>56593
Why does she have so many eyebrows?
>>
Same answer /v/ gave you a million times before and /vrpg/ is going to give you a million times in the future: none.
>>
>>56593
I heard FFXIV is good
>>
>>56593
Recently picked up FFXIV, having fun so far. Might check out WoW once Shadowlands hits, and I'm thinking of picking up ESO again if Blizzard manages to fuck up again
Probably the best idea would be to wait for Ashes of Creation to release though
>>
>>56593
The other anons here are right, there are none. In 2020 the continuous development and upkeep of an MMO and its universe don't make sense for developers financially compared to mobage and BR games. If you want any more proof that MMOs are dead in 2020 just look at how everyone's playing classic WoW or OSRS; they miss the good old days.
>>
>>56639
It's a code for Japanese nazi sympathizers.

I am not even joking.
>>
>>56593
Dragon Quest X
>>
>>56593
FFXIV is objectively the highest rated and most populated MMO right now beside World of Mobilecraft.
>>
Unironically almost any old mmo that has active private servers (or a vanilla-reinstallation)
Ragnarok, lineage 2, wow classic, osrs, maplestory, perfect world, etc
>>
WoW and FFXIV are the most popular and they are fun
I prefer too just experience some more unique f2p mmos and just play around with them even if they are flawed
I'm currently playing Kurtzpel and it's pretty fun for pvp although the pve is basically non-existent and the devs obviously don't know what to do with it
>>
File: accolades.jpg (271 KB, 1558x873)
271 KB
271 KB JPG
>>57048
This.
>>
>>57127
>>57129
Die trannies
>>
JRPG: Final Fantasy XIV
WRPG: Guild Wars 2
Shootan: Destiny 2
Lore and/or dedgaem: Secret World Legends
>>
>>57165
>>57064
go back
>>
>>57064
>trannies
Go back
>>>/v/
>>
>>56593
It's weird how seemingly no one gives a fuck about WoW's next expansion, though.
>>
>>57191
>>57214
Come on anons, you know these fucks carve attention. Just ignore them.
>>
>>56593
Final fantasy XIV has a free trial up to level 35 that will soon go up to 60. You can level all jobs up to level 60 on one character and it has unlimited free time.
>>
>>57191
>>57214
Don't speak back to me.
>>
File: OK.jpg (4 KB, 166x191)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
>>57181
>Lore and/or dedgaem: Secret World Legends
what a tragedy, though. secret world really should not have been an mmorpg. in an amusing twist having fewer people actually adds to its atmosphere.
>>
>>57228
Most people have seen that blizzard will not change and just stop talking about the game or playing other MMOs.
>>
>>57228
I'll definitely check it out, but after the BFA debacle it's kinda hard to trust Blizzard.
>>
>>57181
Mabinogi has a lot of lore. I just wish it was more alive.
>>
>>57228
It just seems more of the same shit as BFA. Adding more mobile game inspired systems to keep daily login metrics up rather bringing something fun. Ruining decades worth of lore further to piss off Warcraft veterans. Classes are still wildly unbalanced in mythic dungeons, raids, and pvp.
>>
>>57181
>WRPG: Guild Wars 2
As someone who plays GW2 what a sad fucking state of affairs we're in where this is actually a true statement.
>>
>>57181
>>57320
I'd say it's a tossup between ESO and GW2. Both have problems.
>>
>>57313
Best part about that webm is that you're forced to do this shit daily to collect the necessary resource to progress your characters strength. If you don't play flappy bird to collect your stuff, you will be at a disadvantage in PVE/PVP.
>>
>>57313
>>57369
>you're forced to do this shit daily to collect the necessary resource to progress your characters strength
What. I can't believe that. Too big to be true. They can't be this stupid.
>>
>>57313
>subscription

So where is that money going to? Expansions and content patches are taking longer and longer to release and there's obviously fewer people working on WoW.
>>
>>57415
Only if you pick Kyrian as a covenant.
Was planing to go Kyrian on my main, but after witnessing this hell no.
>>
>>57251
God Tier: Lilith
High Tier: Illuminati, Templars
Mid Tier: Morninglight, Phoenecians
Low Tier: John/Dreamers
Shit Tier: Dragon, Buzzing/Gaia
>>
>>56593
EVE Online and that's about it.
>>
>>57415
BFA was the same shit.
>Adventurer, go run in a circle for me around this fountain every day to collect your Azerite.
You need Azerite to get stronger or you fall behind.
>>
>>57458
Most likely other projects. The real question is why does Classic WoW require a subscription fee? The money is supposed to go towards making new content but Classic is never getting any new content, it's just re-releasing patches from 14 years ago.
>>
>>56593
FFXIV
Leveling is basically a Single player JRPG, and on August 11th the trial is getting expanded to include the first expansion which has a great story.
So give it a shot.
>>
>>57525
Is EVE even worth getting into at this point? You're just a third rate citizen and unlike other MMOs where it's just a matter of catching up to the latest raid gear in EVE you're forever behind.
>>
>>57415
It's true, that's how WoW works, and if you miss a day you basically fall behind for Raiding.
>>
>>57592
>The real question is why does Classic WoW require a subscription fee?
Because enough people still pay it.
>Classics is never getting any new content
Wasn't that the point of Classic? Just be Vanilla and retreading old stuff for the nostaliga crowd.
>>
>>56593
Spiral knights
>>
>>57654
Is Spiral Knights still playable? Lost all interest in it after the heat rework
>>
>>57681
It’s grindy but yeah
The economy is your hope to cheese progression
>>
>>57646
A lot of people were expecting them to go into a Classic+ route eventually. But it seems like they're just going to do TBC classic and then WOTLK classic and then the game eventually stagnates and dies because they either end up on a expansion nobody likes or there's nothing new to do because you done it a dozen times before.
>>
FFXIV is genuinely good (although the community appears to have a particularly bad tranny infestation), every server seems to have at least 3 large LGBTQYUDFQWISYYAWNGFO guilds
>>
>>57827
As long as you don't play on Crystal, you don't even see this community unless you're actively searching for it.
>>
>>57827
Been playing for 7 years on primal data center and o haven’t seen any trannies. Only on 4chan do you hear about trannies and other degenerate stuff.
>>
>>57954
Go on a savage pug with voicechat and wait for one of the glamour psychos to start talking.

Oddly it seems to be femezen more than miqote or au ra
>>
>>57126
This pretty much.
Lineage 2 up to Hellbound is pretty comfy.
>>
>>57313
Is that fucking flappy bird?
>>
>>57914
On Primal (Exodus) and there's a guild literally named "LGBTQ"

Also some autist would spam /shout with "THIS S-RANK HUNT BROUGHT TO YOU BY TRANS RIGHTS" after every S-rank kill
>>
>>56593
Ultima Online is always the answer to that question.
>>
File: 1582999474675.jpg (81 KB, 560x419)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>58133
>>
>>57013
You are joking.
>>
File: 517.jpg (555 KB, 1280x1024)
555 KB
555 KB JPG
>>58125
>"THIS S-RANK HUNT BROUGHT TO YOU BY TRANS RIGHTS"
>>
>>58125
at least they quarantine themselves to their own guild instead of infesting a whole town like balmung/mateus.
and you can also blacklist that person if you don't like them.
also, get xivlauncher and use the chat filter to automatically hide any words you don't like.
>>
>>58125
>"THIS S-RANK HUNT BROUGHT TO YOU BY TRANS RIGHTS"
What? Does the boss die when its health reaches 40%?
>>
>>58125
One guild and person is not bad compared to an an entire server spamming it.
>>
File: SM-face-YES.jpg (30 KB, 250x314)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>58232
Isn't it 50% now?
>>
Honestly nowadays I just play on private servers of old-ass MMOs I used to play as a kid. Shit like Mabinogi, City of Heroes, FusionFall, the works.

This month's flavor is Shin Megami Tensei IMAGINE
>>
>>58048
If a group needs voice chat this late into savage, it's a automatic red flag to not join because they're garbage.
>>
>>58232
underrated
>>
WoW's current patch is such a fucking mess that I'm playing XIV fulltime atm, when I usually balance them out. Classic is still neat though, for what it is.
>>
>>58232
>>58267
No, it turned out to be a /pol/ falseflag, all that study did was validate tranny persecution complexes and reveal that when society rejects you, it makes you want to kill yourself.
>>
>>58048
I don’t do savage and I don’t voice chat with randoms.
>>
>>57596
>mmorpg
>single player
>great story
lmao. mmo not a single player. how much shit did you eat?
>>
>59217
What did this schizo mean by this?
>>
>>57596
are you doing the same template quests over and over or is there some variation in quest design
>>
File: 1580482883352.jpg (2 KB, 121x125)
2 KB
2 KB JPG
>>59240
>cant quote
>praising xiv
how new are you? just get back
>>
>>57313
>flappy bird only slow and imprecise.
I wish Blizzard would fuck up big so the world could move on from WoW and something new could hopefully take it's place. But It's just gonna keep dying a slow death for the next ten years.
>>
File: 1526638926096.jpg (209 KB, 2092x1179)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
>>59285
>saves thumbnails
>>
>>59509
They already fucked up big multiple times that would kill any small company. But they will never die because they are backed by the 2nd biggest publisher in the world.
>>
File deleted.
>>56593
MU Online, the other good option is Dekaron. Discard any other option
>>
>>56593
The only way to win is to not play.
That being said I've tried replaying all the jank mmos from 2006-2010 and settled on Silkroad Online for now. Infested with turks, bots, garbage gacha gimmickry but hey, you can do dem asian kung fu shiet and smuggle opium on the silk road :^)
>>
>>59526
OHOHOHOHOHO
ANON PLEASES OLD MEN
OHOHOHOHOHO
>>
>>59217
You have to do the dungeons with people and that starts at 15. No idea why people acting like FFXIV isn’t like other MMOs. It just removed the horrible story quests that have you kill a huge amount of mobs.
>>
>>59285
>weeb and thumbnail saver
>>
>>56593
FFXIV is a fun game with a good story but it dosen't really capture the feel of a MMORPG.
>>
>>59848
What is the "feel" of a MMORPG? It's so damn subjective. Some people think it's all about raiding. Some people think it's all about world PVP. Some people think it's all about the roleplaying. Some people think it's all about the economy. Some people think it's all about doing mindless mob grinding in a party.
>>
>>59848
You probably would like Eureka. It’s all just grinding mobs and then fighting field bosses.
>>
>>59273
It's just mmorpg style quests with shitty braindead boss fights.
>>
>>60025
>Some people think it's all about doing mindless mob grinding in a party.
That’s what a lot of retards think a mmo is.
>>
>>57313
Jesus fucking christ, thank god I didn't buy in to it this time
Even my friends that normally rope me in to tanking for them didn't want to touch it
>>
>>56593
PSO New Genesis next year
Now, none
>>
>>56593

Theres a lot of hype behind Ashes of creation. Some of my MMO playing friends are losing their minds about it.

Also how new is this board? Why are its posts numbered in the tens of thousands?
>>
>>59509
>he says, when an uninspired WoW clone is #2, too
the "mmorpg" market found itself a new audience after stripping all the multiplayer elements from the games
>>
>>56660
Stop, you'll get the thread autosaged.
>>
>>60025
An MMORPG has multiplayer and a world that isn't just a lobby.
>>
>>57013
Explain
>>
>>60558
don't tell me that one eurocuck janny is on this board too
>>
>>57251
This
I soloed the entire game up to Tokyo before Legends and i had a fantastic time, too bad your actions had zero impact on the world since it's a MMO.
>>
>>60513
How is FFXIV like WoW? Never played WoW but I think it has tan targeting and other then that the similarities end.
>>
File: huh.gif (61 KB, 300x351)
61 KB
61 KB GIF
>>60513
>"FFXIV is a WoW clone" - shitposters
>"FFXIV is not a MMO" - also shitposters
>>
>>60562
>world that isn't just a lobby.
All open worlds are just lobbies
>>
>>60808
It's literally, and blatantly, a WoW clone. After 1.0 flopped they remade it - into WoW.
>>60825
WoW hasn't been an MMO for a very long time now. Even vanilla's main innovation runs counter to the concept of MMOs.
>>
>>60959
But HOW is a WoW clone? The story is different the classes are different and the places are different. Only thing the same is the combat.
>>
>>60994
>the setting is different
sure, and so is allods'
the game's the same
I don't see why you're making such a stink about it when you've never even played anything else and can't compare them. It's a fact. I've never seen anyone try to deny it before.
>>
>>60025
We can all agree that half of the "massively multiplayer" games on steam are not MMOs in any way.

How the fuck are battle royals "MMOs"? How the fuck are card games like Eternal/Manarocks MMOs?
>>
>>61091
So you’re not going to tell me how the games are the same.
>>
>>61158
Nobody really knows what makes a MMO. Let alone what's the difference between a instance and a persistent area.
>>
File: 145695877453.png (418 KB, 600x450)
418 KB
418 KB PNG
>>58232
>>
>>61091
Allods is objectively better than wow. They need to relaunch Allods on steam I would play it again if it relaunched and wasn't pay to win. They need to rework that game it really was well designed.
>>
>>61159
I'm not particularly interested in whether you, who doesn't have anything else to compare it to, wow clone or not, and is blindly "defending" your favourite, first game, from uncontroversial factual statements says that he's convinced. This isn't a debate, and if it were, you wouldn't be a referee. I'm just stating facts. It's just not relevant and I don't care. I could do the same and demand you prove that water's dry and show some differences between them, but I don't. Because you're boring and there's nothing to gain from a shouting match. But mostly the former.

If I felt particularly keen to discuss it, which given how you've had nothing to contribute on the topic so far you are not, I'd seek out someone who has something to say. You know, someone who knows - anything - about it. Someone who knows what WoW is, and how MMORPGs used to be before it ruined them. Someone with an interest in it instead of a dog in the "fight". You would be the last person I would talk to. And that's why this is goodbye. So share your catty remark, take the last word, and go brag about it to all your friends in kindergarten. I don't have to prove myself to you. Despite what your mother might've said, you're not special. Anon.
>>61502
I never got too far but it had very charming designs.
>>
>>57013
>This women fights for FREEDOM
>>
>>60808
WoW has shitty tank movement controls. Most MMOs that are called WoW clones aren't actually WoW clones. The movement system changes a lot about the feel of the gameplay.
>>
>>61649
Good just typing a lot of useless shit.
>>
File: 1579489060519.png (528 KB, 639x640)
528 KB
528 KB PNG
>>58232
>>
There are not any good MMOs in 2020. The only things coming out are Blue Protocol, PSO2:New Genesis, and Ashes of Creation. All in 2021 or 2022. Find a private server of an old MMO you liked or don't play any.
>>
>>60808
Compared to FFXI or even 1.0 FFXIV in its current form relied heavily on proven WoW formulas such as the triad of heals/tank/DPS, having certain classes have exclusive spells (in 1.0 you had many crossover abilities, a PLD had an out of combat raise as an example) as well as a more linear progression into class rather than needing to level up multiple base classes to unlock the professions rather than just one -- think like needing CNJ and GLA and MRD just to be able to be PLD. The gear in FFXI is still flexible -- you can wear anything on any class -- and 1.0 was pretty similar in that regard. It'd be dead in the water still if it didn't borrow so heavily for basic elements like this from WoW. I'm sure there's more, though.
>>
>>63821
dont forget Pantheon and New World
>>
>>64147
Did you just imply that WoW made the holy trinity?
>>
>>56593
I've played everquest, everquest 2, ffxi, wow, ffxiv, swtor and countless more private servers/smaller games. When the fuck do I meet my future wife?
>>
FF11 is FF11

FFXIV is at its peak popularity but things might regress and the game might die out

WoW is going downhill and they're milking the desperate whales for all their money

GW2 is a SJW Tumblr fiesta

ESO is a shit tier game that somehow looks and plays worse than Skyrim
>>
>>65065
Should have played f2p games in the late 2000s or early 2010s.
>>
>>64684
it used to be 4 until wow came along. DD, Heal, Tank, Support/Wildcard
>>
>>61502
Allods was a good game killed early on by shitty monetization due to a greedy publisher.
>>
>>56593
It's not worth it. I got banned by a moderator on the SWTOR server for making a fat joke about a character for "fat shaming".
>>
File: 1255.jpg (78 KB, 1920x1080)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>65075
>FFXIV is at its peak popularity but things might regress and the game might die out
I still don't know player consensus is when it comes wanting new shit in FF14. Does the majority want story? More raids?
>>
>>65325
The game is doomed from the start. The world doesn't matter. There's no variety or options in character development and whatever there was in earlier iterations is completely gone. Every class is homogeneous to hell.
>>
>>65325
The vast, vast, vast majority of people are casual plebs that never even unlock Savage. I believe the Savage/Ultimate ratio of players is about 10-15% of the total playerbase and it's even lower on the NA/EU regions specifically
>>
File: 1498358071797.gif (92 KB, 190x190)
92 KB
92 KB GIF
I know MMOs are shit but I like RPGs and I want to be social and play games with others, so there is pretty much no other option.
>>
>last time i had fun on an MMO was digimon masters online and black desert online
god damn it im so bored
>>
>>65392
You doomsayers have been saying FF14 is going to die for years but shadowbringers has been its highest point yet.
>>
>>65325
Most players don’t care about extremes/savage/ultimate. The game is very social but if you want harder stuff you can do it.
>>
>>60825
>"FFXIV is not a MMO"
I agree with this.
FFXIV is a single player game which at times forces you to play with other people. Fuck they're even adding AI party members so people don't have to play with anyone anymore. Also fuck every MSQ in that game.
>>
>>65453
current "MMORPGs" are the worst genre I can think of for that
>>
>>65466
>bdo
I wanted to try that game but I heard it’s stupidly p2w and just grinding to kill newbies.
>>
>>65524
WoW isn’t a mmo then.
>>
>>65552
Yes it is just p2w cancer dont bother with it
>>
File: 396.png (591 KB, 1360x768)
591 KB
591 KB PNG
>>60994
The combat system is pretty much a direct copy of the WoW designed tab target system. A lot of mechanics and role design is similar, besides WoW having more proc and random elements to the abilities. There's a similar system for enemy attacks and many bosses share the same abilities and effects such as tether, stack, spread, debuff, or move the thing away from group. Even the director of the game said they wanted to make a WoW styled final fantasy game. And I'm sure if I was more experienced with both games beyond the 50 or so hours I put into both I'd be able to make more comparisons.
>>
>>65552
if it's an asian mmo it's 100% p2w. In asia it's considered normal to pay for power.
>>
>>65564
No idea wtf WoW is doing, I stopped playing WoW at Wrath. But that still doesn't change FFXIV.
>>
I watched thelazypeon's Albion Online video and the game looks neat. Anybody play it and is it actually good?
>>
>>65524
>play with other people
Beside other people. It's not like there are any mechanics though which you can interact. Threat's a nonissue, downtime's a distant memory, and CC is just something you use to buy skins.
You're just mashing your rotation and trying to not stand in the fire beside some other folks doing the same. You don't interact. You can't.
>>
>>65624
So you’re saying WoW is not a mmo?
>>
File: pmNNMWm.jpg (152 KB, 1025x756)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>65392
> Every class is homogeneous to hell.
>>65524
> Every class is homogeneous to hell.

Why does EVERY MMO doe this at some point? The idea isn't to dumb down classes and content to the most basic format, but rather make it so they have identity. I remember the big LotRO trait update that basically distilled rather well-rounded classes into simplest of archetypes simply so people wouldn't be confused anymore.
>>
>>65585
Making a game like WoW doesn't make it a clone. That's like the retarded notion that Saint's Row is a GTA clone. Yeah they're both open-world third person shooters but each one has unique takes on the genre that make each game it's own entity, rather than one derivative of the other. Same goes for XIV.
>>
>>65656
That’s all MMOs, you being needlessly obtuse and I have a feeling you just hate FFXIV.
>>
>>65745
All WoW clones.
>>
>>65701
I'm saying, I stopped playing WoW 12 years ago and have no idea what's happening with the game because I don't care about it. It still doesn't change FFXIV.
>>
Legitimately gonna play world of warcraft

its a shit fucking game
but i have pretty good friends, and fun guild that i can shout racial slurs in voice chat so its comfy
>>
File: justicia.jpg (144 KB, 1280x720)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>>65621
korean mmos are also designed to be utterly expendable and shut down after a few years. that trend seems to have been changing recently, though. then again it's not like we'll ever get all the korean only mmos.
>>
File: 1594060967164.gif (675 KB, 1000x793)
675 KB
675 KB GIF
>>65701
>debate me!!1!
lol look at this little fellow
>>
>>65715
Even when FFXIV has different skill with class skills people still just followed the meta cross class skills so it doesn’t even matter.
>>
>>56990
classic wow is not the same as vanilla wow
its a absolute grindfest, and the game has been figured out to hell and back

people are clearing raids WITHOUT gear, end game raids are cleared 40 minutes after opening
t. knower
>>
>>65817
It’s not a debate if they can’t even say how FFXIV and wow are the same. I mean if you just hate the game just say so. They acting like niggers and keep making up stuff.
>>
>>60492
It was born yesterday going by the sticky.
>>
>>65715
Content condensing. It's a problem when your idea of "content" is to increase level cap and coming up with new abilities. You saw the same shit with stat squish in WoW, etc.
>>
>>65860
>they
what
what the hell are you on about now
>>
File: 7e0.gif (189 KB, 640x360)
189 KB
189 KB GIF
>no good action combat mmo to play
where is genshin impact or blue protocol
>>
File: 1578847545336.gif (145 KB, 512x288)
145 KB
145 KB GIF
>>65938
I really wish Dragon's Dogma Online was still alive and had a western release
>>
File: OP-An-Autistic-Journey.png (58 KB, 1104x624)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
>>65744
This is like saying Bloodborne isn't a Dark Souls clone because the setting is different. I've literally showed you the director saying we copied WoW when making the game. They both play incredibly similar to eachother with the same combat system.
>>
>>65938
Define good
>>
im playing wotlk privat servers until New World or AOC releases
>>
>>65715
While homogenisation sucks

This dude>>65818 is right.
When I played ARR all I did was look up the meta skills and grind the appropriate classes to lvl 18 or whatever. You could argue it at least made people play other shit, but at that low level you're not going to get a full feel of the class anyway.
Any game with stats will always get solved by some autists at some point then everyone doing end game shit, will always demand you min max like the autists. Unless the devs routinely change stuff to fuck with them and encourage experimentation, it all becomes moot in the end
>>
>>66014
But hasn’t FFXIV and wow changed over the years? So you can’t really compare them now.
>>
File: loli dogma.jpg (878 KB, 1964x1129)
878 KB
878 KB JPG
>>65996
the west wouldve hated it

>>66018
good combat? bdo. i farmed for hours on that game because the animations and combat were fun as fuck. i didnt give a fuck about pvp i was just lifeskilling and pve but then i realized there is no goal in the game its just a game you waste time grinding in just to have something to grind
>>
>>65860
The fuck are you on about? Me saying that FFXIV plays more like a single player game than a MMO, has literally nothing to do with WoW.
>>
>>66014
But it's the different setting and small gameplay differences that makes Bloodborne a different game from Dark Souls. That's the entire point. It's still the same genre with similar combat, even made by the same director, but it's still different. Again, same goes for WoW and XIV. Yeah they're similar, but they're still different. Is Forza Horizon 4 a Need for Speed clone? Is Metal Gear Rising a Devil May Cry clone? Same genres, completely different games.
>>
>>65552
PSO2 is more P2W than BDO

Just saying...
>>
>>66056
The combat and RPG systems stayed pretty much the exact same. Other then XIV cutting most abilities out and WoW adding more % chance abilities. I'm sure you could take a boss, switch their model with one from the other game, and they'd play near the same in eachothers game.
>>
>>66169
So it's a WoWlike instead of a WoW clone then is what you're saying? Makes me wish WildStar didn't die. Was a great WoWlite.
>>
>>66190
Theres no way pso2 is more p2w than BDO.
>>
>>57605
Just wait for Dual Universe to come out, it's like EVE but you can actually build shit. Well actually don't bother unless you like Sandbox games, but regardless it's not even out yet.
>>
So guys
Sub vs FTP?
>>
>>66049
>Unless the devs routinely change stuff to fuck with them and encourage experimentation, it all becomes moot in the end
which is pretty much what "balance"patches are. just someone fucking with numbers every couple of months. unless there's a legit exploit or something.
>>
>>66190
Isn’t PSO2 only about gacha for outfits?
>>
>>66294
Me 10 years ago:
F2P with restrictions that you can overcome through more grinding

Me right now:
Sub
>>
>>66294
I'd say sub, but both versions are infested with cash shop bullshit these days.
>>
>>66315
FFXIV has that then, when 5.0 dropped they changed a lot of the classes around and added some skills for each one.
>>
>>66294
a proper sub game allows for content updates and quality game. The problem is that now all sub games have cash shops as well.
>>
>>56593
none. eqnext was the light at the end of the wow-clone tunnel but now there is nothing but darkness and in-game purchases.
>>
>>66294
You couldn't force me at gunpoint to pay for a sub in 2020. There's so much shit to play out there and I'm not the type to be attached to one game for longer period of time anyway.
>>
>>66294
F2p is horrible and invites Russians, PR, and BR. Subscription is way better at keeping them out.
>>
>>66385
Most of the f2p MMOs are hot trash or haven’t come out to the west yet and when they do come out they get fucked by stupid companies. Case in point maple story 2.
>>
>>66294
sub but also expansion packs should be free
>>
>>66454
It's not like sub games are any better. Most have microtransactions these days.
>>
>>66490
Optional ones.
>>
>>66490
Unless what you buy in the cash shop is horrible power creep I honestly don’t care.
>>
did anyone return to bdo? how was it?
don't reply if you're from bdog
>>
>>65524
Trusts are 10x worse than real players. They do Stormblood tier numbers in Shadowbringers dungeons and have no concept of pulls.
>>
>>66592
trash game that has only gotten more p2w over the years
>>
File: 1573851073596.jpg (39 KB, 711x620)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>probably over a year for Blue Protocol to get a global release
>will probably disappoint massively
>>
>>66237
>W*
>WoWlite
lol, don't try and coast off of the greats in the WoWlike genre's reputation, like Everquest, with your half-finished furry trash
>>
>>66315
Honestly MMO's need to find ways to add more variety to one class and somehow make them all viable. Honestly I'd think if you only had 3 classes to cover the Tank/Healer/DPS trinity (if they wanted it), then let players build into AoE heal/DMG, or single target, or buffs/debuffs, or Aggro, or CC etc. I think people would be much more experimental.
When you get premade classes like say MNK, SAM, NIN etc. It's all the same, do your pre-made rotation and don't think, there's no character "builds" because the game already did it all for you.

But who knows I'm not a game dev, and it could all go up in flames if a game did that.
>>
>>66616
what if i just want quests and graphics
>>
>>66722
You will end up paying anyway because of weight limit and inventory limit. Don't do it to yourself anon
>>
>>66722
play a single player game then you fucking mong
>>
>>65585
XIV is an evolution of XI, it has nothing to do with WoW.
>>
>>66326
Premium gets you
>the ability to trade and sell
>stronger buffs than anything free players have access to
>extra storage
>extra quest slots
>extra collection file slots, greatly speeding up progression
>extra days where your chance of augmenting gear is boosted
you can spam the f2p gacha for a low chance of shop passes to sell your loot, and there's other, limited means of expanding your storage. most players don't know or care about the other premium benefits.
>>
>>66798
>XIV is an evolution of XI, it has nothing to do with WoW.
Fuck off zoomer, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>66798
maybe 1.0 was a drunken devolution of XI, but ARR is nothing like XI
>>
File: 1569495012043.jpg (8 KB, 228x278)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>66778
>single player game
not enough content
>>
>>66909
there are thousands of single player games.
>>
File: 1577466005456.png (232 KB, 445x362)
232 KB
232 KB PNG
>>66716
>MMO's
>>
>>66826
>>66883
XIV is just what XI would have been if it wasn't restricted by dial up internet and the PS2 information table limitations. You can think of it like XI-2
>>
File: 1566587859837.png (967 KB, 1000x803)
967 KB
967 KB PNG
>>66798
>XIV is an evolution of XI
>>
>>56593
seems like the only ones that are still relevant are TES online, FFIV, and WoW. And I guess people still play runescape, but that's just for memes/nostalgia
>>
>>66909
JRPGs
>>
>>64371
those two look like shit
>>
>>56593
The World
>>
>>66954
This is where, if I were your peer, I'd reply with an image of a retarded wojak.
>>
>>66982
GW2 manages to keep a fanbase around TESO's level but fuck me it sucks compared to 1.
>>
>>66954
bro i have over 4000 hours in both games, current XIV is nothing like XI whatsoever.
>>
>>67009
why you gotta make me cry like this anon>>67009
>>
>>67042
It's because its what XI would have been like without the technology restrictions. Which is why it has a faster combat system and larger environments.
>>
>>67042
Isn’t FF14 1.0 closer to FF11?
>>
>>67074
You think of all the games .hack would have had a mmo.
>>
>>67101
Yes which is why I said
>current XIV
and even then 1.0 was an abomination that butchered the ideas XI had
t. person who played XIV since the closed alpha
>>
File: 1551548043188.jpg (13 KB, 236x213)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>58125
>Play on Primal
>Thought the worst it had were BRs, Hyperion and <Era>
>See this
Tryharding progressive values is a fucking pyramid scheme, I swear to God.
>>
>>66093
>there is no goal in the game its just a game you waste time grinding in just to have something to grind
Welcome to MMOs.
>>
>>67194
Yeah but at least other MMOs have group content. BDO is just a singleplayer grindfest
>>
>>66801
>extra storage
>Extra PSO2 day buffs
Only things that are decent about Premium, but I wouldn't go out and get it directly.
>>
>>65938
Vindictus at end game.
>>
>>67136
it had Fragment which was japan only but it wasn't really an mmo more like a multiplayer IMOQ. Still makes me so sad there's no game like The World
>>
File: spaghet.jpg (58 KB, 667x800)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
Game development for big studios have always been about turning a profit for shareholders. MMOs are supposed to attract the widest audience possible to recoup the significant amount of money invested into them for years if not over a decade of development. This means pandering the lowest common denominator and pleasing shareholders. Why do you think the most populated MMOs of today are all normiefied? Because that's the exact audience that crowd the servers in massive numbers and pay big money. If a MMO fails to do the latter, it A. doesn't make enough money for continued consistent quality content or B. it's no longer a MASSIVE multiplayer game.
>>
>>57019
God I want to play Dragon Quest X so bad but I am terrible at learning new languages.
>>
>>67169
How do you guys find br and stuff like that?
>>
Is anyone playing something that isnt WoW or XIV?
>>
>>67335
osrs
>>
>>67335
I was playing Wakfu for a bit but the grind to get to current content is just to much for me.
>>
>>67306
>Why do you think the most populated MMOs of today are all normiefied?
Because they're a decade old?
It's the mark of a stale product. How do we get more customers? Break down the few barriers to entry we have. Doesn't really have anything to do with MMOs beyond the circumstantial fact of it being a dead genre that only has stale products.
>>
Tibia
>>
>>67320
For BRs, I see Portuguese in the cities and sometimes when I'm gathering stuff on the fields. Portuguese also sometimes appear in the party search menus as well. As for the tranny shit, sometimes I want to do hunt trains for materia and you have those autists there, but I guess they know people don't like seeing "Trans Rights" everywhere because they're only talking about the first world and not shithole third world countries? As for Era/GAF, that's more of an Ultros thing where they pre-pull A/S-rank bosses without anyone else around.

Even then, my main server is Hyperion but I just avoid Limsa as much as I can.
>>
File: 1568986796612.png (366 KB, 430x623)
366 KB
366 KB PNG
any unchained bros?
>>
File: 1578027470213.jpg (94 KB, 750x841)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>67312
me too :(
>>
>>67214
The group content in BDO is erp.
>>
>>67416
and think of market reasons why no new MMO has come out to steal the show in over a decade.
>>
File: AA.jpg (1.02 MB, 1913x1051)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
>>67429
at launch i played for about 1 month or 2 and then i quit after there was a huge bug that ruined the economy and gamingo refused to do anything about it
>>
File: 1438988974625.png (649 KB, 977x1195)
649 KB
649 KB PNG
>>67429
>Scamage: Unchained
>>
>>67424
Tibia went off the rails 10–15 years ago.
>>
>>67335
>Is anyone playing something that isnt WoW or XIV?
if it's not WoW, XIV, Runescape, GW2, ESO, BDO. It's dead.
>>
File: 8934798.png (86 KB, 300x400)
86 KB
86 KB PNG
I miss Ragnarok Online lads...
>>
File: 1580260229544.jpg (338 KB, 1229x909)
338 KB
338 KB JPG
>>67476
so did everyone else
F
>>
>>67494
>XIV
>Runescape
Too bad those are the only ones with some sort of sense of community, and even then Runescape is pushing it because it's skilling shit. BDO would be too if everyone wasn't around fishing sites all day long if it was Mabi.
>>
>>67494
GW2 is dead in any sort of relevant content releases besides casual story.
>>
>>67335
I jumped into PSO2 when it came to PC. I was bummed that it was basically the proto looter shooter and gave up after a week.
>>
>>67492
It has actually improved because Brazilians and Poles stopped playing it
>>
File: 1569177538457.jpg (66 KB, 850x565)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>65938
PSO2
>>
>>67335
I've been playing DDO and Mabinogi, but I feel overwhelmed with leveling through my epic levels and I have no clue what to skill on right now in Mabi.
>>
File: 1588605818469.png (217 KB, 648x587)
217 KB
217 KB PNG
>>58232
>>
>>67566
>Mabinogi,
Isnt this just anime osrs? What is the combat like?
>>
>>67454
Because any investor/manager looking that way sees an elephant graveyard full of $20 million projects that thought they'd get 10 million subs by simply printing MMORPG on a box
>>
File: 1596144477964.jpg (48 KB, 1024x575)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
I'm feeling generous, anyone want some free FFXIV gametime?
>>
>>67540
That's how bad it has gotten that even BRs and POLs stopped playing.

Don't get me wrong, Tibia was an amazing sand box experience, it just hasn't been anywhere close to that for at least 10 years.
>>
>>67629
No.
>>
File: 1594831345046.png (1.77 MB, 1920x1080)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB PNG
>>67541
>>67538
Yeah i tried pso2 for about an hour then gave it up. Will there EVER be another good action combat mmo?

>>65996
>private server people have said its basically impossible at this point and they have no way of emulating the server
i fucking hate this shitty timeline
>>
>>67589
It used to be rock, paper, scissors But they added a ton of op stuff to the game lately.
>>
>>67664
If you strictly want good action combat, Vindictus at end game.
It fails at everything else.
>>
Lineage II
>>
>>67629
Just save it for a random anon who wants it later. I already resub for 6 months.
>>
File: 1593928599579.jpg (47 KB, 430x430)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>67629
I'll take it
Hold on, let me get my personal info
>>
>>67589
It's like anime OSRS in a way, yeah. Combat goes from you exclusively using something like close combat and magic and doing rock-paper-scissors, to mixing and matching different weapon styles with nuking and CC and shit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXQ3-SU1-uY
>>
>>67705
>Vindictus
I still can’t see how they made that game so fucking boring. I recall getting up to the vampires years ago and getting bored of running the same dungeon over and over. The gameplay was great it just got pointless.
>>
>>60025
Realm v realm v realm

DAoC......i kneel
>>
>>67776
Don't blame you, the leveling experience is horrendous.
Vindictus shines in it's combat only at the end of S2/S3 bosses and that's the single thing good it has to offer.
>>
>>67705
>Vindictus at end game.
Is it still a slog to get to max level, and even then Ferghus will just fuck you over so you can't hang out with the thirty people playing the game at endgame?
>>
>>58331
Are there any good Mabinogi private servers?
>>
>>67887
Considerably faster to solo level now, they cut down a lot of the back and forth walking.

Ferghus will still break your weapons/armors but you can salvage them now and keep trying until +15 again for a price (dropped items or bought from MP).
>>
>>67503
>all the guilds hanging out in their arbitrary home turf alleyway in prontera shooting the shit
>player made forts in the popular grinding spots like that crosswalk in the one graveyard map
The consummate soul of MMOs, it will never return. The truth is, the gameplay hardly matters, it all comes down to the community. Somehow people are even more antisocial now than they were back then pre smartphone social media.
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (184 KB, 1280x720)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
do you miss me?
>>
File: file.png (694 KB, 1040x644)
694 KB
694 KB PNG
is anyone looking forward to this?
>>
>>68116
Honestly things like discord have caused that to happen. Lots of guilds will require you to use discord. No reason to speak in the ingame chat for the most part.
>>
>>68481
fuck no
>>
File: ERWpbv_X0AAHvaY.png (417 KB, 671x581)
417 KB
417 KB PNG
>>67312
I've been playing it for over a year now with only a basic grasp on nihongo and a lot of tools. It's great, the only game I actually keep a sub on year round.
>>
>>68481
i was but it's taking so long i forgot why
>>
File: 1583373667994.jpg (33 KB, 507x548)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>56593
Return of Reckoning might be worth looking into I tried it and didn't like the dated UI
A lot of people seem to like OSRS for whatever reason I don't understand it myself
I played WoW Classic for 7 months straight and quit a few months ago I wouldn't recommend it, retail WoW is even worse
PSO2 was super boring to me I wanted to main game it but it just wasn't very fun

I'm mostly looking forward to Ashes of Creation and Pantheon. I'll probably try out New World when that comes out even though it looks pretty bad. Right now I don't think there's really an MMO worth playing unless you like private servers or older/more niche games
>>
File: 1538363800603.png (11 KB, 148x208)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>56593
I'm still playing Mabinogi but I know a lot of people don't consider it good. Shit is still the most fun MMO for me and I actually like the story and lore of the game.
>>
File: Elsword_Logo.png (71 KB, 419x160)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
>>
File: Iria_Title.png (92 KB, 315x189)
92 KB
92 KB PNG
>>68748
>*Ruins your kino trilogy*
>>
File: ArcheAge_Logo.png (90 KB, 316x316)
90 KB
90 KB PNG
I wish ArcheAge didn't shit the bed bros, I liked what it had going on.
>>
>>68827
Honestly the Shakespeare stuff was way more annoying.
>>
File: 1519701774794.png (409 KB, 410x816)
409 KB
409 KB PNG
>>68827
Ahhh fuck you part 1 was pretty good but I have no idea what part 2 was
>Dude you wanna hang out with Merlin and Treasure hunter for an entire generation?
Fuck I'm still mad
>>
>>68892
>>68905
I just didn't like what they did with Tarlach before he got shota'd and how Ruairi was still in his shitty status quo. At least the knight chapter was really good.
>>
>>65635
It is a treadmill of the most jewish of proportions. If you enjoyed runescape's gear treadmill and market kikery, then Albion will be your cup of tea but with full loot on drop. The floor isn't as devastating but yeah, you won't earn much without joining a massive zerg guild and become a mindless drone. or join a smaller guild and get in tight with a group.
>>
>>68857
Literally farmville with a gook grind attached. It was always bad. The game is just bad, no publisher can save it.
>>
>>68748
That game was only kino in G1, when I was 15 and everyone was new and we where all scared hobos fighting monsters you had to learn the attacks of as a group. Camping and shit. Was cash.
>>
>>68857
>tfw the absolute peak of mmorpg enjoyment that was archeage alpha
wish i could turn back time
>>
>>67935
Looks like MabiPro is the only one. I've never played Mabinogi before, but similar to WoW, people complain that the old version was better. MabiPro is supposed to be 2010 Mabinogi. It's got a super low pop of 67 right now.
>>
File: Eirawen.png (184 KB, 384x510)
184 KB
184 KB PNG
>>68892
At least G15 introduced this QT who gets hinted as your lover and G14 gives you some spicy Portia dialogue at the end honestly Mabinogi should just let me marry an NPC already.
>>68949
Ruari is my least favorite character I hate his edgy faces and the fact that he has fucking Shamala after his dick infuriates me more
>>
File: 1596293947415.jpg (272 KB, 1920x1080)
272 KB
272 KB JPG
>>68748
About Mabinogi's lore, I know Vindictus is a prequel to Mabinogi, but how exactly does it connect?
>>
>>69050
G10-12 was the peak of Mabinogi kino when it came to story only. Saga and Shakespeare really fucked the story but the new Apocalypse storyline looks to be heading into kino territory again.
>>
Still playing FFXI on the Eden private server, the population is high and the game is intact.
>>
>>68748
what kinda classes are in the game?
>>
>>69344
I think they dropped the whole connection shit the most you ever got from Mabinogi is the dragon in Iria talking about Lann and the others killing dragons to survive. Honestly feels like a very interesting storyline that got scrapped for whatever nonsense Vindictus is doing now.
>>
>>69375
I have been interested for a while in FFXI is it alive enough that a new player will be able to find some people to play with?
>>
>>69400
You got your basic shit like Warrior, Archer, Mage, Knight, Chain slasher, and Alchemist. There's also life classes like Tailor, blacksmith, carpenter, Healer, and a new pet training class. There's so much more but I can't remember at the top of my head but you can be everything in Mabi you're not locked into any class it's up to you how you want to build your character.
>>
>>56593
ArcheRage NA
>>
>>69614
>more p2w than the official server ever was
>>
>>69614
kek
>>
oldschool runescape is a banger if you played runescape back in the day
>>
>>69555
I only played a little, but there were people leveling. I think they also widened the range of level syncing to make it easier to form parties, a holdover from when the server had a smaller population. It shouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>69613
>lifeskill classes
so I can make money by being a craftsman? is it possible to do make armor and weapons for people and sell them for a profit? i think ill check this out because i have nothing else to do
>>
should I get into PSO2, I liked the new gen trailer they showed so im wonderin if I should start getting into it when it launches on steam
>>
File: 418946.jpg (399 KB, 900x1239)
399 KB
399 KB JPG
>>56593
Dofus mono account server. The community is really great, you just need to not mind seeing a lot of french players.
>>
>>69351
If that's the case, wow; I'm still surprised there is content coming out for this game. I hope you have fun unironically.
>>
>>69704
it's f2p so you got nothing to lose other than time
>>
>>69634
lolno
>>
>>68718
I played it for a good month. Was fun only in the first tiers. Once you get out of the early levels, it's a giant zergy laggy gear-grind for the best gear.
>>
>>69697
I mean you could but it would be an extreme pain to rank up life skills to the point they start making a profit
>>
File: 1575547991605.png (226 KB, 745x503)
226 KB
226 KB PNG
>>56593
You have 2 options:
OSRS
PSO2
>>
>>70041
Imagine if people took 14 year olds seriously when it came to game recommendations.
>>
>>70102
14 year olds play neither of those games because it is currently the year 2020 and not 2013.
Now shoo. Just be thankful I even replied to your terrible bait.
>>
>>70041
based mutt
>>
>>69129
>It's got a super low pop of 67 right now.
Fucking hell even current Mabinogi has at least 800 people playing and it's still considered ded.
>>
>>68575
I have been stuck on learning katakana for a month now but maybe one I get passed that I will try jumping in. I hear it is a bit easier to get in now because you don't need a VPN anymore.
>>
>>70041
I keep getting ads on youtube for new Runescape, does no one actually play it and they just use OSRS to fund things?
>>
File: 1595273781457.png (32 KB, 961x719)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
>>70776
Most people play OSRS.
Both advertise their number of online players on their associated website.
Right now:
>osrs = 108K players
>runescape '3' = 148k players**
**runescape adds osrs players to their total
>>
>>70899
Ok, I was just confused how many ads I get for the new stuff when I really only hear people talk about OSRS. I actually think it is pretty rad of them to keep the old stuff going while also have stuff updating.
>>
>>71106
From what I understand, RS3 is still a big cash cow for them because of how many microtransactions people still buy there.
Yeah it's cool. They have separate dev teams for each game
>>
>>71331
reminder the rs3 dev team is way larger despite have 100,000 less players
>>
>>71607
having*

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.