[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBfkuO5NwLQ
>>
Kill yourself shill
>>
>>2929502
Fuck you and die
>>
>>2929491
They are trying to settle for a midway solution. Can't show that certain color combination so they just turn it around a bit so japan consooms and west consooms too.
>>
>>2929510
>They are trying to settle for a midway solution. Can't show that certain color combination so they just turn it around a bit so japan consooms and west consooms too.
I think the problem the series loses a little of its identity, didn't Kaga say he was inspired by gundam? which is why he made Fire emblem so political? and the whole characters dying and never coming back being apart if " that is war" idea?
>>
File: 81FTXe7QynL.jpg (272 KB, 1072x971)
272 KB
272 KB JPG
>>2929491
Now you're asking? Awakening was a double-edged sword that both ensured the series would survive, but also turned it into this.
>>
File: 1671505852456.png (2.13 MB, 1920x1080)
2.13 MB
2.13 MB PNG
AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THREE HOUSES CHAD-SAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA SUMIMASEN DESHITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>2929491
>REAL GAME
>FAKE GAME
Is this man mentally handicapped or something?
>>
>>2929560
>Is this man mentally handicapped or something?
lol I mean he isn't wrong tho
>>
>>2929491
>Seriously what happen to Fire emblem?
The same death cycle that happens to every franchise:

First phase: original book/comic/movie/game/whatever is created and is an unexpected hit, usually has a fairly low budget.
Second phase: explosion of popularity. The corporation begins to heavily invest in sequels.
Third phase: milking. Content is continuing to be made but it is lower budget. A lot of the original creators and writers have disappeared.
Fourth phase: death. Audience interest has disappeared.
Fifth phase: reboot. Time has past and now it's time to cash in on nostalgia.

Shouzou Kaga has been gone for a long time. Virtually everyone who was involved in creating FE is no longer involved in FE. Just because a corporation owns a trademark called "Fire Emblem" does not make them "Fire Emblem Engage" is not Fire Emblem, it is a completely different game. The only thing it has in common is the name slapped on the box. It's pretension. You wouldn't buy tickets to a "Metallica" concert that starred people who weren't Metallica, would you? There are two original members of Metallica: Lars Ulrich and James Hetfield. They have always been in the band. If they are not present, then you do not have Metallica. Star Wars was made by George Lucas. If you do not have George Lucas, you do not have Star Wars, only a product by a corporation that happens to own the name "Star Wars".

Reject corporate skinsuits that have no authorship. Follow the people. Kaga is now making Vestaria Saga. Or you can find new things to become a fan of, or create your own art.
>>
File: 1674564465238111.jpg (121 KB, 680x652)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>2929491
"Western" influence.
>>
>>2929550
>>2929566
Fire Emblem was an interesting case where you had games acclaimed by both critics and players, but they were simply never that popular Franchise was niche in terms of sales.
>>
>>2929568
Yeah no the Vtuber designs are a way bigger problem
>>
>>2929566
>The same death cycle that happens to every franchise:
>First phase: original book/comic/movie/game/whatever is created and is an unexpected hit, usually has a fairly low budget.
>Second phase: explosion of popularity. The corporation begins to heavily invest in sequels.
>Third phase: milking. Content is continuing to be made but it is lower budget. A lot of the original creators and writers have disappeared.
>Fourth phase: death. Audience interest has disappeared.
>Fifth phase: reboot. Time has past and now it's time to cash in on nostalgia.
>Shouzou Kaga has been gone for a long time. Virtually everyone who was involved in creating FE is no longer involved in FE. Just because a corporation owns a trademark called "Fire Emblem" does not make them "Fire Emblem Engage" is not Fire Emblem, it is a completely different game. The only thing it has in common is the name slapped on the box. It's pretension. You wouldn't buy tickets to a "Metallica" concert that starred people who weren't Metallica, would you? There are two original members of Metallica: Lars Ulrich and James Hetfield. They have always been in the band. If they are not present, then you do not have Metallica. Star Wars was made by George Lucas. If you do not have George Lucas, you do not have Star Wars, only a product by a corporation that happens to own the name "Star Wars".
>Reject corporate skinsuits that have no authorship. Follow the people. Kaga is now making Vestaria Saga. Or you can find new things to become a fan of, or create your own art.
Damn this post is so real it felt like it stabbed my heart can't Kaga come back for one more game :(
>>
>>2929491
The death of an era
https://youtu.be/EZwUsVNJYFw?t=56
>>
>>2929576
I'm legit crying right on how bad ass Black knight was and we will NEVER get that back there was time were Fire emblem was as real as Berserk and all of that is just gone.
>>
>>2929576
>Ike: my Sword fighting skills were given to me by my father. If I stay true to them. I cannot lose.
Epic dialogue right here.
>>
All of this sounds like histrionic screeching
The real reason why the new Fire Emblem is bad is because they put Marth in it for some reason
>>
how did they murder this franchise so badly?
>>
>>2929600
>how did they murder this franchise so badly?
Nintendo hates deep story telling everything has to be black and white so people with little brains can understand and forget the story when their done playing.
>>
>>2929491

Yeah. Engage is pure Kusoge. The Insult and dishonor on franchise for Everything is shit except for battle and graphic. Story,direction, no NG+,Scarce SP,Scarce sheckel, shitty endgame contents, shitty My castle.
Where did Japanese game's glory gone to when it has been revived in 2017?

Japan used to make some great games like FFXIV,Persona 5,Nier Automata,Animal crossing,BoTW, Xenoblade chronicles 2, dark souls 3,Sekiro, Nioh,MHW,RE7,DMC5,Yakuza 7,death stranding,Smash bros ultimate, splatoon,three houses, to match even with Western games in 2017-2020, but fallen so soon for having no Japanese game with higher metascore than Genshin since 2021(81-84). Phil Fish was right. At least We American never make such shitty mechanics in game.
>>
>>2929566
What about Mass Effect or Bioware's continuous fall, then?
>>
>>2929770
>Japan used to make some great games like FFXIV,Persona 5,Nier Automata,Animal crossing,BoTW, Xenoblade chronicles 2, dark souls 3,Sekiro, Nioh,MHW,RE7,DMC5,Yakuza 7,death stranding,Smash bros ultimate, splatoon,three houses,
Is this sarcasm? Most of this list is complete trash
>>
>>2929821
According to metascore, the most accurate and fastest way to seek if the game is good or shit.
>>
>>2929491
What did they do to my Fire emblem?!
>>
>>2929491
His right you can only like Fate ironically
>>
>>2929491
RIP a Legend Fire emblem will be missed.
>>
>>2929850
>the most accurate and fastest way to seek if the game is good or shit.
Okay whatever you say NPC
>>
>>2929568
If only Western influence was just not being able to romance toddlers anymore. But you fags always choose to die on the silliest of hills. See the "KKK Witch" fiasco for example.
>>
>>2929568
Wait, why do you want to marry a child? You a pederast or some shit?
>>
>>2929491
the fuck with that thumbnail, work on your garbage lazy fuck
>>
>>2929770
Wasn't fire emblem strength always the gameplay? I mean most of the games have a mediocre/trash story but i don't play FE for that i play FE for the strategy. Is Engage good strategy-wise? if it is it's a good FE game no buts.
>>
>>2929881
gameplay is good, game also looks good for the switch and animations are also really good compared to the previous FE, the story is the usual dumb political shit that make zero sense with some mysticism that also makes no sense
>>
>>2929818
Bioware has been making the same game with different skins for a very long time.
>>
>>2929881
Because of SP gathering and no NG+, which makes early characters like Not uther Jagen, not mario and luigi, Firenese cucks, Lapis, Citrinne culled in lategame because Kagetsu,Zelkov,Rosado,Ivy are way better for having more SP and growth than early members. That's why. End game content is so shit that no one plays in addition. And picking up shits after battle and in Base is shit. No wonder why it got 3 out of 5 in Amazon. More like Flop Emblem:Flopgage.
>>
>>2929579
>>Ike: my Sword fighting skills were given to me by my father. If I stay true to them. I cannot lose.
Ike is probably the second best Protag in all of Fire emblem with sigurd being number 1 I REALLY wish Nintendo would just let intelligence remake old FE games since its VERY clear the new shit ( except 3 house ) is garbage.
>>
>>2929576
>The death of an era
The best FE game holy shit I cried tears BRING THIS BACK YOU NINTENDO FUCKERS!!!
>>
>>2929576
Respect Ike for sticking to his convictions, he could have used any other fighting style to fight the black knight, but dude believed in his late father's technics and nothing else.
>>
>>2929906
>especially 3 house
FTFY
>>
>>2929576
>gets two aethers in the opening couple of turns
>misses the second Luna
I would have been so mad
>>
>>2929568
People like you are part of the killers of the franchise. You take all the oxygen out of the room about shit localizations and bad stories by whining because you can't fuck a child in your game.
>>
Just made 3 FE
>Awakening/Engage shit
>"original" shit with a small budget
>3House shit with Koei as tge developer
>>
>>2929566
>Star Wars was made by George Lucas. If you do not have George Lucas, you do not have Star Wars, only a product by a corporation that happens to own the name "Star Wars"
Bad take. Of the original trilogy, Lucas himself only made the first one. Then he had other writers/directors come in and make the other two (which were considered improved over the original), and also licensed out the Star Wars brand to countless books, comics, video games, etc, which were pretty much all considered canon as long as they didn't directly contradict something in the movies. Then, he made the prequel trilogy himself, but those were considered garbage at the time (public reception to them has improved nowadays, but I think that's a combination of the backlash against Disney's sequel trilogy making the prequel trilogy look infinitely better by comparison, and just general nostalgia from kids that grew up with the prequel trilogy hyping them up now that they're adults). Don't get me wrong, Disney's handling of the franchise has been an absolute trainwreck. But even when Lucas still controlled the IP, most of the creative output was made by other people, and a lot of those decisions were more fondly remembered than Lucas's own work.
>>
I am hearing the gameplay is more like older FE and that there is no padding with the monastery BS, but that vtuber design philosophy is not going to get one cent out of me. Aesthetics matter. Also the UI looks worse than FE3H
>>
File: 1556341641690.jpg (818 KB, 2560x1442)
818 KB
818 KB JPG
>>2929491
What the guy said, you didn't buy the best game in a decade.
>>
>>2930042
Yeah. Engage is pure Kusoge. The Insult and dishonor on franchise for Everything is shit except for battle and graphic. Story,direction, no NG+,Scarce SP,Scarce sheckel, shitty endgame contents, shitty My castle. I'd rather play Disgaea 7.
Where did Japanese game's glory gone to when it has been revived in 2017?

Japan used to make some great games like FFXIV,Persona 5,Nier Automata,Animal crossing,BoTW, Xenoblade chronicles 2, dark souls 3,Sekiro, Nioh,MHW,RE7,DMC5,Yakuza 7,death stranding,Smash bros ultimate, splatoon,three houses, to match even with Western games in 2017-2020, but fallen so soon for having no Japanese game with higher metascore than Genshin since 2021(81-84). Phil Fish was right. At least We American never make such shitty mechanics in game. En arudin Phil Fish.(In memory of Phil Fish)
>>
>>2929889
Yes, but their formula is solid. It's consistently pleasing, personally.
However, they started losing themselves as the times went on, especially when things they tried to do novel things plots wise.
>>
Let's ignore the metascore schizo.
I can see Koei releasing another 3House while Intelligent Systems is doing another Awakening/Engage.
We will never have something like Kaga or GBA/Ike games tho
>>
>>2929491
>the weeabooification of Fire Emblem
>weeabooification
>of a game made by Japanese people
I don't expect much from YouTube video essayists, but this is just sad.

Also, FE as a series is pits and peaks. The DS games were pits, Awakening was a peak, Fates was a deep pit, Echoes was a steep peak, and 3H was another peak. We were due for a pit sooner or later, and as far as how low the series has gone Engage isn't that. The gameplay is very fun, and they brought the weapon triangle back in a cool way.
>>
>>2930075
>The gameplay is very fun
>>2930075
FE is more then just the game play tho, you can have a game with great gameplau but if the characters and story are ass there is no point.
>>
>>2930075
>Engage isn't that
Now your just gaslight yourself
>>
>>2930095
>>2930094
Yeah. It is a Kusoge, and dishonor to franchise. Japan used to make some great games like FFXIV,Persona 5,Nier Automata,Animal crossing,BoTW, Xenoblade chronicles 2, dark souls 3,Sekiro, Nioh,MHW,RE7,DMC5,Yakuza 7,death stranding,Smash bros ultimate, splatoon,three houses, to match even with Western games in 2017-2020, but how can they fall so soon? Recent garbages like MH rise, Soul Hackers 2,SMTV,Pokemon SV,FE engage shows the Japanese game's fall. For there is no Japanese game with higher metascore than Genshin(81-84) since 2021.

En Arudin Phil Fish(In memory of Phil Fish). En taro Mihoyo!!!!(For Mihoyo). My life for Hoyoverse!!' Issah'tu!!! Doom to all who threaten the Mainland!!! Skull for the Great Wall!!! Na adan China!!! China is the Protoss/Eldar/High Elf of reality!!!
>>
>>2930127
Based Nihonjin destroying weaboos with facts and logic.
>>
>>2930130
Phil Fish was right. Can u read any Protoss word like En taro Tassadar, En arudin Raszagal anyway?
>>
>>2930075
Weebification is a real phenomenon that happens when a JP developer wants to capture the American otaku market.
>>
>>2929568
why are nigger translators literally allowed to change the story

this isn't even translation it's just them making shit up.
>>
>>2929565
Worse. He's a mulignan.
>>
>>2929575
The Kaga-made games outside FE are all really good. Give them a try.
>>
>>2930044
Anon, I like Echoes but there was no excuse to remake the maps.
>>
>>2930042
>gameplay is more like older FE
It's not. It's also piss easy.
>>
>>2930181
The US must be bombed away.
>>
>>2930208
*not to remake
>>
>>2929566
nice fan fiction, now everytime i read we gather the origianl devs to work on a new project of the game, the game ends being garbage i read delusional like these and laugh
>>
>>2929550
IIRC, one of the directors said that he didn't like Fire Emblem.
>>
Ashnard believes that the current society, based on Begnion's hierarchy, is wrong. He believes that one's lot in life should be solely based on their power; he tells Reyson that class and species will not matter in his world, that the strong will ultimately rule the weak. This likely explains Daein's system, where those who display great levels of might, particularly in combat, have the ability to gain much power within Daein society, regardless of class or social standing.
>>
>>2929491
The franchise was literally about to die, on its deathbed it was just a shitty mediocre SRPG franchise with godawful writing, just look at the few games released before Awakening (Tellius and Archanea Remakes). So they decided to change things up by making the next game a waifu/husbando simulator, which sold like hell, and now they're just cashing in on that.
>>
>>2929491

I blame the failed crossover:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTl8gDQiKiE
>>
>>2930437
I can never tell if they intended for this game to be a comedy or not, but it certainly made me laugh. It's a shame though, how do you fuck up an SMT x FE cross over so badly it turns into this?
KOWASHITAI
>>
>>2929906
>Sigurd #1
He's not even that compelling of a character, he's reactive and doesn't know when to stop and ultimately got caught up in Arvis' schemes because he was too retarded to stay put for more than 3 months.
Ike is the best protag, though.
>>
>>2930418
>godawful writing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiRacdl02w4
>>
>>2929491
Unironically Fujos.
>>
>>2930418
If I knew post-Awakening FE would be this bad, I would've rather the series just died.
>>
im going to start awakening today its my first fire emblem im playing it on my new nintendo 3ds xl that arrived today :)
>>
File: 1429925100366.png (340 KB, 639x413)
340 KB
340 KB PNG
>>2930094
>you can have a game with great gameplau but if the characters and story are ass there is no point.
I think this statement is moot when Fates exists and isn't reviled by the fanbase. As annoying as Engage is, at least it is open about being for babies. Fates dressed itself as a serious story but was populated by the absolute dumbest and most unlikable characters to ever exist in FE.

>>2930095
Again, I refer to the DS games and Fates. Engage isn't great, and I personally was furious and horribly disappointed when it was announced, but considering what else we've gotten I'll take good gameplay with horrible characters over mediocre gameplay with horrible characters any day.

>>2930161
If I wasn't so sure this was bait I'd say this was easily in the top ten dumbest things I've ever read on this site. Reminder you need to be 18 to post here, and should get a guardian to review your posts if you are mentally handicapped.

Engage isn't PoR or Echoes or even Awakening, but it could be a lot worse. Also since it was delayed for like a year it hopefully means we're getting the Genealogy remake soon.
>>
>>2930515
Enjoy it, it's a wonderfully fun game, especially if it is your first faia emburem.
>>
>>2930516
Yeah. It is a Kusoge Garbage, and insult, dishonor to franchise. Japan used to make some great games like FFXIV,Persona 5,Nier Automata,Animal crossing,BoTW, Xenoblade chronicles 2, dark souls 3,Sekiro, Nioh,MHW,RE7,DMC5,Yakuza 7,death stranding,Smash bros ultimate, splatoon,three houses, to match even with Western games in 2017-2020, but how can they fall so soon? Recent garbages like MH rise, Soul Hackers 2,SMTV,Pokemon SV,FE engage shows the Japanese game's fall. For there is no Japanese game with higher metascore than Genshin(81-84) since 2021.

En Arudin Phil Fish(In memory of Phil Fish). En taro Mihoyo!!!!(For Mihoyo). My life for Hoyoverse!!' Issah'tu!!! Doom to all who threaten the Mainland!!! Skull for the Great Wall!!! Na adan China!!! China is the Protoss/Eldar/High Elf of reality!!!

Captcha:NHKMRN
>>
>>2929566
Kaga games had the worst maps in the fucking series. Cope and seethe.
>>
>>2929491
They killed FE I'll never forgive Nintendo!
>>
>>2929491
The voice acting in this scene is amazing fight me
https://youtu.be/SPc_G7KC-Ss?t=13
>>
>>2929566
>Fifth phase: reboot. Time has past and now it's time to cash in on nostalgia.
I hate this but you fuckfaces keep on buying into it.
>>
>>2930515
Enjoy yourself. Awakening gets shit on by tools, but the game is based.
>New 3DS XL
Lucky bastard, those things are hard to get.
>>
>>2931362
yeah ive been looking at online marketplaces here for a few weeks and finally found someone selling one, had been only either 3DS XLs or New 3DS's until then. i couldnt get it immediately and the next time i checked someone had bought it already, but a few days later he put up another, got it, then after that he put up yet another and i asked him where the hell he's pulling them from and he said he'd been traveling around europe and just collecting them for the past few years lol
it was 200€ which isn't exactly cheap but its not like the median price is going to ever get any lower
>>
>>2930044
To faithful of a remake. What moron sat down and decided that LITERALLY copy pasting maps and gameplay from a 30 year old game would be fun . So many incompetent fucking idiots at that company.
>>
>>2929576
>https://youtu.be/EZwUsVNJYFw?t=56 [Embed]
I'm actually about to play this I been told by MANY that 9 and 10 are SUPER kino and deep in terms of story and characters is that rue?
>>
>>2929576
>https://youtu.be/EZwUsVNJYFw?t=56 [Embed]
Fuck me Fire emblem used to be epic where did we go wrong?
>>
>>2930682
I think Radiant Dawn's voice acting was generally okay outside of the execution and THEY'RE STACHEWS. There's a lot of VA in the tower later that's perfectly fine that nobody ever mentions.
>>
>>2930132
>Phil Fish was right
Lol
Lolmao
>>
>>2931610
Yes. Aside from the obvious benefit of being one of the settings with 2 games to work with, Tellus is a very well developed setting. Characters have histories, motivations, and allegiances and themes are approached from many points of view. It's also a lot more approachable than the Jugdral games, which would be the most comparable.
>>
>>2931610
No, not at all. RD is cool though.
>>
>>2931610
never trust any fire emblem fan who tells you story and characters are good
they've been consuming so much hideous slop for decades that they think a loaf of stale bread is the peak of culinary experience
>>
File: 1674851505978159.jpg (2.66 MB, 4056x2284)
2.66 MB
2.66 MB JPG
Nice fanfic engagefags
>>
>>2931610
The plot is retarded cheese but Ike is unga bunga strong so the game is fun.
>>
>>2932128
it's shit in both cases, who even cares about reading that trash?
>>
>>2932128
the english is much better
jesus christ this really is waifushit
>>
>>2930209
>It's not like older FE
>It's very easy
You're contradicting yourself.
>>
>>2929510
>can’t show that certain color combination?
red and blue? what?
>>
>>2929575
Don’t quote the longest post in the thread in its entirety newfag
>>
>>2932128
I dont get it, they removed romance in the west? Isn’t that the big draw?
>>
>>2930044
the maps were definitely kinda shit but the fun mechanics made up for it imo. also the best artwork in an FE game to date, so much better looking than what we have today
>>
>>2929491
Japanese games can't be weeaboo.
>>
>>2929510
Red and blue have always been in Fire Emblem. Colorblind?
>>
>>2932187
always was, i jumped ship a while ago when i realized all the games became a dating simulator. It's not based on "idealism" but "inserts"
>>
>>2932131
>The plot is retarded cheese
Nice lie pal.
>>
>>2932102
>>2932103
Don't trust ironic shit posters like this play for yourself and you will see how good the story of 9 and 10 are compared to engage
>>
>>2929491
Well, he makes some good points, at least about Engage. It's finally challenging game, even on Normal, but I would love for my army to not be filled with retards.
>>
i recently played sacred stones again and the story was so generic, unintersting, all of the dialogue so painfully boring and stupid and the gameplay was just okay, not even all that fun. why is this fucking series so popular? devil survivor 1 and 2 are so much better than EVERY SINGLE fire emblem entry. yeah, i did play the other ones as a child, i doubt they are much better
>>
>>2933493
>i recently played sacred stones
Here's your problem, friend. I am still mad that Eirika is such a stupid fucking idiot.
>>
>>2930094
>FE is more than just gameplay
If you're playing Fire Emblem games for story or characters I am deeply sorry for you.
>>
>>2933493
sacred stones was considered bad even back then
>>
>>2929491
Was trash, is still trash. I just jerk off to honey select/koikatsu models of the waifus. Never finished a single game because ff tactics exists if I wanted to actually have fun.
>>
>>2933493
>recently played sacred stones again and the story was so generic
Now I know you didn't play it lots of fake posters today huh.
>>
>>2933742
>>2933392
>white knighting a video game
moron
>>
>>2933756
>NOOO HOW DARE YOU DISAGREE WITH ME Y-Y-YOU WHITE KNIGHT
>>
Can we stop pretending 3 houses was good now? It's just a cheap persona 5 copy the characters designs are bland Dimitri and Edelgard are retarded no one bothers to play the other routes
>>
>>2933781
>Dimitri and Edelgard are retarded
and Claude wasn't?
>>
>>2933756
>moron
>Says the moron who came to this thread
Every time.
>>
I abused the ever loving shit out of arenas in every game that had them. I don't wanna get softlocked.
>>
>>2929971
>nooooooooooooo, what about the age of conseeeeeeeeeeent in this medieval fantasy world?!?!?!!?
>>
File: 1675091607557.jpg (155 KB, 853x681)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>it's another criclejerk of faggots complain about the changes on S rank support on a less of a handful of characters
I swear that you autistic faggots have no other argument. Not like you would have any other since nobody bitching hasn't even played the game and what little did played are gonna shitpost anyways for the sake of shitposting.
>>
>>2933819
People have done 0% growth playthroughs of every game in the series. Getting truly softlocked isn't possible.
>>
>>2934447
>playing the games
I'm not gay, I just watch all the conversations on YouTube and read shipfics.
>>
>>2933785
No one played Claude's route or cares about him anon notice how no one ever brings him up on their Edelgard tranny vs Dimitri fujo wars
>>
>>2929491
>at the 1:37 mark your home boy names everyone in blazing blade
This man is a real FE fan.
>>
>>2929881
yeah but like 3 houses im sure this new game also has irredeemable trash gameplay
>>
I'm hopeful that Engage is more of a holdover game than anything else. Consider how long it took them to make Three Houses, and it's one of the best games in the series. I think Three Houses shows that the actual creative talents behind the series can learn from the mistakes of the previous game (Fates) and turn it into a great game.
>>
>>2929568
i'm not really mad about them "localizing" but the fact that the translators - who are obviously dogshit at writing dialogue or prose - apparently get to just change the content of dialogue and potentially story is unpleasant.
>>
File: 1661138586001.png (221 KB, 500x537)
221 KB
221 KB PNG
>>2932128
>>2935068
>>
Engage is a top 10 all-time strategy game
>>
>>2929888
Don’t blame the games because your too retarded to understand politics.
>>
>>2929550
Awakening was a desperate move to save the franchise, it was the last attempt before ending it. They had to try different things.
Three Houses was a huge success like nothing FE ever dreamed of, there was absolutely no reason for them to make another desperate move now.
>>
>>2930287
source?
>>
>>2931610
It’s a good Fire Emblem story, since most of them are comically bad. On its own, it’s fine, your typical shounen/JRPG stuff really.
>>
>>2931610
>I'm actually about to play this I been told by MANY that 9 and 10 are SUPER kino and deep in terms of story and characters is that rue?
Extremely good game enjoy it senpai.
>>
>>2929906
engage is much, much closer to an "old FE game" than 3 houses
>>
>>2929770
>xenoblade chronicles 2

Lmfao. My fucking sides. That has to be the worst case of dogshit japslop I’ve ever seen. As soon as the character design of main character appeared in the game I laughed until I puked up blood
>>
>>2929566
This
and whereas kaga tried to design his games to avoid making turtle emblem, IS makes the games turtle heavy since FE lacks any depth to its system and strategy as an SRPG. I knew something was wrong when I tried conquest a higher difficulties but engage and its tacked on shitty break system really opened my eyes to this. Pretty much done playing this shitty series, play SRW instead

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.