[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Baldur's Gate companions.png (1.56 MB, 1280x720)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB PNG
>evil cunt goddess of darkness cleric
>the demonic negro
>vampire twink
>a frog with a botched nosejob
I guess the wizard is alright, but everyone else is an insufferable cunt
who likes these characters?
who's the target audience that wants to bring these annoying pieces of shit along for a 60h+ adventure?
>>
File: 1673880656865909.png (2.01 MB, 1920x1080)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB PNG
muscle waifu chads...we won.
>>
>>2921079
The cunt cleric is popular with coomers, the gay vampire is popular with women. Otherwise, it's probably the absolute worst cast of companions I've ever seen.
>>
>>2921079
>baldur's gate 2 and 1/3
>60h+ hour adventure
You're in luck anon, you won't have to worry about that
>>
>>2921079
>who's the target audience that wants to bring these annoying pieces of shit along for a 60h+ adventure?
people who binge-watch netflix series
>>
>>2921084
What do you mean otherwise anon? they're still trash despite being popular. popularity don't mean nothing, just means a lot of those people have shit taste.
>>
>>2921079
Only the nigger and astarion are bad, but the latter seems to be popular among womxn. Karlach is cool and maybe we get halsin and minthara
>>
>>2921108
wryll's better than astorian just because at every quest you choose to do he won't get disapproval points. astorian and the frog are the only companions who disapproves quests, they are our two "evil" characters supposedly
>>
>>2921079
There is going to be co-op right? Replace premade retarda with your friends!
>>
>>2921079

They are written around the romances, not around the story.

The writers don't care they are unlikeable or weird, like having a dude who's entire plot is being a walking bomb or some irrelevant whore who's green and has Laura Bailey face so somehow she deserves deuteragonism.

They are just written around femdom, tsundere, twilight romance and being a nigger. Which is why none of the characters feel like people or like they belong in the world, even their appearence was chosen just for romance purposes.

Kinda sad that an RPG would revolve all around the short and irrelevant dating sim aspect of it, but sadly it's what sells since most RPG fans seem to be sexless losers desperate for fictional videogame romances. So making the protag, the story and the companion rooster revolve around the flirting dialogue makes sense for the sad pathetic twitter writers since it's what sells AND what they want.
>>
>>2921084
>it's probably the absolute worst cast of companions I've ever seen.
I mean, it's Larian. They were never good at writing companions. But yeah, if those are the only companions we'll get, holy shit, what a downgrade from Baldur's Gate 2.
>>
>>2921185
>They were never good at writing companions
I think they did a pretty good job in DOS2.
>>
>>2921201
The only decent companion was Ifan. The rest was cringe. The elf edgelord, the lizard noble caricature, the reddit bard, the grumpy skeleton, they were all so fucking... loud.
>>
>>2921079
What's with CRPGs and unlikable evil companions?
>>
>>2921203
they think evil is synonymous with being a rude prick all the time.
>>
>>2921202
Ifan wa the most bland and boring of the bunch
>>
>>2921185
>thinking the Joss Whedon cast of BG2 is any better
lmfao
>>
The best companions in my opinion came from planescape torment. There won't be another like that batch since the writers of that game stopped doing videogame media. Never winter nights 2 companions were also good.
>>
>>2921159
Kill yourself Farquaad
>>
>>2921246
Nothing about BG 2 cast was "Joss Whedon". Yes, you are going to bring up Minsc, but he's an exception, not the rule.
If anything, DO:S 2 cast is Joss Whedon as fuck together with cheap drama-filled backstories and unfunny quips.
>>
amerimutt developer's idea of character is limited to their sexual orientation
They don't go deeper than that
>>
>>2921272
>Nothing about BG 2 cast was "Joss Whedon".
yeah just ignore your aunt hitting on you after her husband dies lmao
>>
>>2921305
Just ignore the fact that a Belgian studio is making this game
>>
>>2921159
Damn nigga that's crazy but that isn't how the game is written, I feel like you haven't played it.
>>
>>2921207
clerics of shar are retard tier evil that have to ritualistically sacrifice people regularly or lose their power
>>
>>2921081
>Doesn't moisturize.
We lost.
>>
Wait, the game has only these 5 companions?
Guess I'll stick to adventurers/mercs/hirelings then.
>>
>>2921079

larian said they'd use the evil companions for the beta/alpha because they are usually the least picked

those are not even half of them
>>
>>2921079
isn't this the game where every companion will cuck you?
>>
>>2921371
You're thinking of Baldur's Gate 2.
>>
>>2921371
You're thinking of Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous.
>>
>>2921373
My retarded elf wife is pure. PURE!.
>>
>>2921079
I like all the companions. I think that the problem is with you.
>>
File: g9ykfp7h6usz.jpg (109 KB, 480x524)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>2921371
>>2921373
Aerie only betrays your location and present occupation when you attempt to secretly fuck her during party's camping
>>
>>2921202
So the only one you thought was decent was the one without a personality?
>>
>>2921272
Jan is pretty bad, half his dialog when he comes up in side quests is "reminds me of one time my family member..."
>>
>>2921135
They disapprove because your supposed to be concerned with the tadpole in your head, not with solving someone else's problem.
>>
>>2921484
>STOP DOING SIDEQUESTS THIS IS AN RPG
Retard
>>
>>2921203
What about Regill in WotR?
>>
>>2921203
stop liking evil men
>>
File: D&D_01.jpg (133 KB, 960x586)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>2921079

We really need to bring the classic party back...
>>
>>2921524
He is very cute and is my husband
>>
>>2921079
>who's the target audience?
>>evil cunt goddess of darkness cleric
Waifutards
>>the demonic negro
No target audience. This is a designated negro character
>>vampire twink
Fujos
>>a frog with a botched nosejob
Waifutards
>>
>>2921367
Suuuuuuure.
Apparently, that is all of them. Because something something, multiplayer origins.
>>
>>2921159
Is it like DoS2 in which you can use one of them as premade? That’s one way to get rid of a shit character.
>>
>>2921485
The game gives you the option to do sidequests but that doesn't mean certain characters will like it. What's wrong with a companion disagreeing with what you do? Are they meant to all be the same yes-men?
>>
>>2921079
I actually quite like the early access companions. Wyll is the only one I didn't care for much but I didn't get too deep into his story.

I think the reason a lot of people don't like the companions is because half of them act like dismissive cunts to you and each other but that doesn't take too long to change, especially if you often take their side. I like that they aren't immediately open books.
>>
File: Halsin.png (953 KB, 731x827)
953 KB
953 KB PNG
>>2921363
That's just the ones you can pick in EA. I don't remember if Larian stated how many companions the full game will have but there is likely going to be a companion to cover every race and class. The 5 we have now cover Cleric/Rogue/Fighter/Wizard/Warlock. Minsc is 100% a companion who can cover ranger and there are 3 characters in EA that are likely to be companions since they cover more races + classes
Halsin, chad elf Druid.
Karlach, Tiefling Barbarian muscle waifu
Minthara, Drow Paladin
This leaves sorcerer and bard as the remaining classes that don't have a clear potential companion. Also unclear if we're gonna get a final class or not. There's also no dwarf/gnomes. Willing to beat they add dragonborn as a final race and make the companion a sorcerer.
>>
>>2921604
>>>a frog with a botched nosejob
>Waifutards
what kind of man waifus THAT?
I mean the evil cunt I get it despite the dumb haircute she's still pretty, but why do you guys want to fuck a frog?
>>
>>2921951
You said "early access companions" are there plans for more?
>>
>>2921963
>but why do you guys want to fuck a frog?
Some anons would like to fuck a female Krogan. There's a lot of "unique" people out there.
>>
>>2921079
>oc cracktard donut steel
That's what D&D suffers from in general.
>>
>>2921964
See >>2921961

Pretty sure it was datamined that Karlach and Minsc have "origins" tags like other companions. Also a datamined character named "hellia" which is apparently an older halfling character that isn't implemented into the EA story. Jaheira is also confirmed to be in BG3 fully, unclear if she'll be an companion though since she would be redundant as far as classes go.
>>
>>2921964
yes, bunch of hot, dark-skinned BULLS will be included in Cuckolding DLC
>>
>>2921976
>Jaheira is also confirmed to be in BG3 fully, unclear if she'll be an companion though since she would be redundant as far as classes go.
I hope I can pump and dump her.
>>
>>2921376
in wotr you can at least kill all the negroes and women in a lich/swarm playthrough
>>
>>2921961
halsin is a head druid why is he a lvl 1 character
this karlach negress was apparently doomguy tier warriot, why is she lvl 1
i don't know dnd 5 e lore that much but from reading the drizzt novels drow chantry was very powerful, why is she lvl 1
the same can be applied to all characters except the meterosexual wizard and the retard frog
>>
>>2921159
Lmao you aren't actually wrong. I have nothing against romances but it is clear that modern companion roosters take dumb romantic tropes too much into account, giving as a result rather awkward compositions that just don't work as a group. It doesn't feels like the writers actually care about the world or even the story.
>verification not required
>>
>>2921985
Nah, she actually cucks the CHARNAME with Halsin. Thanks, bitch.
>>
>>2922115
>thinking the woman who had sex over the corpse of her still warm husband would be faithful
>>
>>2922115
Charname canonically romanced no one and everything that happened in the game was actually Bhaal's plan, including giving up his divinity because he lived in a corner of his brain all along.
Enjoy your 5e canon.
>>
>>2921159
To be fair that's most of fantasy writing these days
>>
>>2921761
It's going to let you choose once the game is officially out.
>>
>>2921761
Yes, they even showcased some gameplay playing as the vampire spawn.
>>
>>2922021
The Wizard was an archmage that routinely fucked a goddess. None of these retards with Mary Sue stories make sense as Level 1.
>>
>>2921916
>companions that let you do sidequests
>companions that punish you for doing sidequests
WHAT A DIFFICULT CHOICE IT REALLY MAKES ME THINK YOU FUCKING TARD
>>
>>2921961
>Minthara, Drow Paladin
The evil fucking bitch (sensing a theme here with these shit-tier insufferable evil cunt "waifus") is a Paladin? Absolutely fucking retarded. Larian are a bunch of edgy mouthbreathers. That means every female companion is an evil PMSing bitch.
>>
>>2921079
It's because the devs want the players to play evil aligned characters and make evil choices. That's why the roster is so bad, your companions are meant to be bad people and they're not supposed to be sympathetic or redeemable. Now, I understand that BG 1 and 2 both had the option to make legitimately sadistic decisions and pal around with actual villains for companions, but at least you could make a full party of non-psychos and play whatever kind of character you wanted to without lacking in game support for it. The decision to put all the scumbags at the forefront and expect players to jump at this is really stupid.
>>
>>2922427
He is right, though. There is a clear explanation of why you are supposed to not waste time, in character, and your companions react to that. Things like that already happened in other games, Darwinist characters often complain that you stop your journey just to help some flea-ridden villager.
Suck it up and accept some hit to approval. Not every decision should lead to a perfect outcome where you obtain everything and lose nothing.
>>
>>2922439
>There is a clear explanation of why you are supposed to not waste time, in character, and your companions react to that.
Except there isn't. It's entirely artificial. Don't pull that crap when the plot and the gameplay can't convincingly sustain it. Make an actual fucking time limit if you want people to rush.
>Suck it up and accept some hit to approval. Not every decision should lead to a perfect outcome where you obtain everything and lose nothing.
Or you could take companions that don't do that retarded bullshit. Are you fucking dumb?
>>
>>2922460
>Are you fucking dumb?
You are the one crying about a tiny bit of lost approval. Afraid that the githyanki won't want to peg you?
>>
>>2922439
>Not every decision should lead to a perfect outcome where you obtain everything and lose nothing.
other games hinge that on how you resolve the quest not whether or not you even do the quest in the first place here bro just lose out on gear and xp for no reason lmao
>>
>>2922463
I'm calling out retarded design you fucking faggot.
>suddenly brings up pegging
Fucking Larian homo shill.
>>
>>2922468
And I am calling out your retarded mind. Let me guess, you were also crying that you had to take care of your hunger in Mask of the Betrayer, didn't you?
>>
>>2922469
>Let me guess, you were also crying that you had to take care of your hunger in Mask of the Betrayer, didn't you?
When I mentioned it's better having actual time limits when you're trying to push plot urgency? You really are a fucking retard. You're the one sucking Larian off for MUH URGENT BRAIN TADPOLE. Fucking idiot.
>>
File: 1630179713948.jpg (8 KB, 236x236)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>2921159
True but sadpilled. I hate that most modern rpgs (and the community) are just about "muh waifus and husbandos".
>>
>>2922474
>No, the tadpole can safely live in my head, it's already empty so why not.
>I don't care I have to at least pretend there is a main questline and a valid plot hook. I want to finish every quest in the goblin encampment and I will not suffer -2 to likeability.
>I hate the gay vampire but I want him to love me so I will always pick the sycophantic lines, I will even suck him off if that gives me 50 XP.
Ever heard of role-play in RPG you raging autist?
>>
>>2922484
>valid plot hook
LMAO
>randomly starts spouting gay shit about wanting to get sucked off by the vampire
Okay fag
>>
>>2922489
Didn't expect a better rebuttal. For my goodbye message, don't be discouraged anon. I am sure there will be some other autist that will make a mod that removes approval loss so you will be able to minmax everything without triggering another meltdown.
>>
>>2922489
Based illiterate. Don't let anyone keep you down, king.
>>
>>2922484
why are you acting like finishing quests is bad lol the difference should be how you do them its stupid to fuck with you just for accepting them
>>
>>2922495
>why are you acting like finishing quests is bad
That's not what I said. I said it is good that companions are reacting in an intelligent manner that ties to the main plot, and any loss of approval should be manageable. In fact, I advocate for finishing as many quests as possible while tanking that loss of relations.
>>
>>2922496
>In fact, I advocate for finishing as many quests as possible while tanking that loss of relations.
Yeah, I'd understand the criticism if this were one of those games where it was extremely difficult to maximise approval. I don't know what it'll be like in the full game but at least in the current version it's easy to get even the companions that disapprove the most (Lae'zel and Astarion) to high approval.
>>
>>2922496
>>2922498
will there be gift items or something if you run out of choices
>>
>>2922498
When design is fundamentally shit the numbers don't matter. The foundation is still shit.
>>
>>2922511
Maybe you should play Skyrim then? You can forget that Alduin is hunting you and just do your endless Dark Brotherhood quests or something.
>>
>>2922484
>>2922496
>JUST PRETEND THE PLOT HOOK IS VALID YOU CHUD
>Akshually you should ignore the plot hook and do every quest while also ignoring the game's shit design
Fucking retard
>>
>>2922513
>You can forget that Alduin is hunting you and just do your endless Dark Brotherhood quests or something.
It's fucking hilarious how you think that doesn't apply to BG3. The disapproval from the companions doesn't change that it just makes their disapproval retarded. You are so fucking dumb.
>>
>>2921084
So women are the people who draw most of the hentai pictures?
>>
File: maxresdefault.png (137 KB, 550x336)
137 KB
137 KB PNG
>>2921565
>young barbarian boy is the one getting the pussy in the party
>>
>>2922515
>>JUST PRETEND THE PLOT HOOK IS VALID YOU CHUD
It is.
>>Akshually you should ignore the plot hook and do every quest while also ignoring the game's shit design
To fully (or mostly) experience the game. As with everything in videogames or other fiction in general, you have to accept some things are more play pretend than others. If you do, it's easier to have fun, if you don't, you start having autistic tantrums.
>>2922516
>You are so fucking dumb.
Perhaps, but I at least am not frothing at my mouth about trivial problems that can be easily ignored.
How about you go to the larian forums and act like a clown there?
>>
>>2922511
>When design is fundamentally shit the numbers don't matter.
It isn't, though. What's your actual issue with the design, that they don't approve of everything you do and pat your head for being a good little boy?
>>
>>2921961
>Drow Paladin
>Evil
>Paladin
This alone is more than enough reason to drop this globohomo tranny trash.
>>
>>2922521
>What's your actual issue with the design, that they don't approve of everything you do and pat your head for being a good little boy?
That you get punished for playing the game moron.
>Yeah, I'd understand the criticism if this were one of those games where it was extremely difficult to maximise approval.
Dumbass.
>>
>>2922519
>To fully (or mostly) experience the game. As with everything in videogames or other fiction in general, you have to accept some things are more play pretend than others.
>PLAY PRETEND THAT THE PLOT HOOK IS VALID AND IF YOU DON'T DO SOMETHING THE TADPOLE WILL EAT YOUR BRAIN BUT ACTUALLY YOU SHOULD IGNORE THAT AND DO EVERY SIDEQUEST LOOK AT HOW HECKIN IMMERSIVE THE APPROVAL DROPS ARE
Faggot.
>>
>>2922519
>>2922521
You are both so retarded that you admit it's shit but because it's "ignorable shit" it isn't shit. Shit is still shit even if you step over it. That's what you fundamentally fail to understand becaue you can't get Larian dick out your mouth for one fucking second.
>>
>i-it's because the game is focusing on romances!
tell me this you geniuses, if it was because romance why are they all ugly with abhorrent personalities?
wouldn't a game focusing on romance make them beautiful and agreeable instead?
>>
>>2922524
>That you get punished for playing the game moron.
Please, elaborate.
>>
>>2922532
>Yeah, I'd understand the criticism if this were one of those games where it was extremely difficult to maximise approval.
>>
>>2922529
>Shit is still shit even if you step over it.
Perhaps, but I can just step over it, while you insist on stepping into it, sniffing it, tasting it, swallowing it all, and then raging about how that piece of shit ruined your day.
>>
>>2922538
No. I insist on saying "hey there's shit over there" you fucking schizo. You insist on defending shit's right to exist.
>>
>>2922529
>You are both so retarded that you admit it's shit.
The people who are criticising the game are so illiterate they can't even manage to quote the correct posts, what a surprise.
>>
>>2922540
You insist on eating it. You eat shit.
>>
>>2922536
And? Is having a companion disapprove of anything you do a 'punishment'?
>>
>>2922538
>Perhaps, but I can just step over it
After all your posts saying how genius it is and how it represents the game's acknowledgment of urgency in the plot hook? Are you into scat?
>>
>>2922545
>>
>>2922544
>You insist on eating it. You eat shit.
You're the one defending it you fucking retard. I'm saying it's retarded and should be changed. You are so fucking stupid it's unbelievable.
>>
>>2922548
And? Is having a companion disapprove of anything you do a 'punishment'?
>>
>>2922546
How would you implement it then? Do you want harsher punishment or no punishment at all?
>>2922552
Silence, shiteater.
>>
>>2922554
For accepting a quest? Are you fucking dumb?
>>
>>2922552
Now now, anon, you're among friends here. You don't need to be embarrassed about your shit-eating fetish.
>>
>>2922555
>How would you implement it then? Do you want harsher punishment or no punishment at all?
Are you defending that so-called shit or not? Putting aside whethere it is or not pretending you're just ignoring it doesn't hold water when you've done nothing but sing its praises the whole thread.
>>
>>2922559
How about you stop evading the question and answer like a normal human being instead of a salty shiteater?
>>
>>2922555
>>2922557
Faggot Larian shills still in defense mode that someone called out their master's game design as shit.
>>
>>2922555
digits revealed anon eats shit
>>
>>2922562
You are absolutely dedicated to defending this instead of "just stepping over it." You're obsessed.
>>
>>2922565
This is an anonymous board for a reason, anon.
You don't have to be afraid anymore.
>>
>>2922567
Says the faggots constantly defending Larian's shit design.
>>
>>2922556
How is it a punishment? Is a companion disapproving one time going to stop you from getting the special cutscene at the end of the game where they tell you that you're soulmates?
>>
>>2922571
>this fucking deflection
Bad design is bad design.
>>
>>2922555
NTA but I think you should get rid of the (false) sense of urgency first. RPGs are focused a lot around sidequests, don't plan your game around having overreaching time limits (or pretending to have them) that would detract players from fully exploring the game. After that you also don't need to punish the players, cause there is no reason to.
>>
>>2922573
You haven't once explained how it's bad design, though, beyond "dude just trust me, lmao". Feel free to parrot my own posts back at my again, though.
>>
>>2922577
You admit understanding the criticism if it actually hit your approval enough to lock you out but you cope by saying the approval hit is low and can be compensated for. It's not about the numbers. Get it through your fucking head. It's like watching a monkey getting close to solving a puzzle on its own but funbling the last step over and over. Fucking pathetic.
>>
>>2922571
1. Romances are universally shit and don't belong in video games.
2. Approval and Disapproval should not be communicated to the player and it shouldn't be affected as often as it is in game.
>>
>>2922576
>NTA but I think you should get rid of the (false) sense of urgency first.
That's only an immediate thing at the very start of the game, intended to drive you towards the first parts of the main quest. As soon as you consult any of the knowledgeable NPCs about the tadpoles they'll tell you that you're obviously not in danger of turning at the drop of a hat. If you manage to go enough long rests without speaking to any of the major NPCs about it your party will even work it out for themselves, since by then you should've changed already.
>>
Why are people getting so easily filtered by the companions
>they don't immediately love and adore me and tell me everything about them? they must be LE EVIL!
Astarion and Lazel are the only ones that are "evil" but that easily changes when you get far enough in their story. Wyll and Gale are goodboys. Shadowheart is just distrustful.
>>
>>2922587
Does that remove the approval drops if you do the quests after that? If it doesn't then all your cope is just bullshit.
>>
>>2922576
>NTA but I think you should get rid of the (false) sense of urgency first. RPGs are focused a lot around sidequests
While I understand your point, I don't know if I can agree. There are countless times when you are supposedly in great danger but the game doesn't acknowledge it and you can just rest for half a year and do silliest quests in the meantime.
Take BG1 for example, you start the game by running from a demigod murderer that killed your foster father and apparently is now hunting you, but there is no sense of urgency, aside from maybe two scripted attempts at your life by some literally whos.
On other hand, there is Mask of the Betrayer, which introduces the hunger mechanic. There are real stakes in the game now, and you have to work around them, but with a bit of thought you can avoid any serious punishment. That, I think, is the best middle ground.
How could BG3 resolve that issue? I have no idea, but the characters reacting to it is a logical conclusion.
>>
>>2922589
As evinced by the posts in this thread I'd be surprised if any of the people making those posts have even played the game. Those that have I'd imagine had a fit as soon as they saw that Disapproval notification and uninstalled.
>>
>>2922594
>I have no idea, but the characters reacting to it is a logical conclusion.
>THEY'RE JUST REACTING WITH APPROVAL DROPS BECAUSE OF THE HECKIN URGENCY
>ACTUALLY THERE IS NO URGENCY BUT JUST IGNORE THE APPROVAL DROPS ARE STILL THERE AFTER LEARNING THE URGENCY WAS FAKE
LOL
>>
>>2922590
I can't recall any quest where a compnion disapproves expicitly and only because you're on a timeclock. Astarion doesn't want to help people because he's a dick, as he'll readily admit to you, and Lae'zel just thinks she should be in charge and you should go straight to the Gith. I'm sure you have a few more buzzwords to trot out, though.
>>
>>2922600
I don't want (you)'s from shiteaters.
>>
>>2922587
If that gets fixed after, then good, but why put it in in the first place. Sense of urgency should be reserved for small parts of the game and in those situations there shouldn't really be any available sidequests.
>>2922594
Just because it was done before, doesn't mean it's a good thing that it was there. I don't argue that I'd you have the sense of urgency, your companions should ignore it, my point is that there shouldn't be the sense of the urgency spanning whole acts with sidequests in the first place.
>>
>>2922585
>It's like watching a monkey getting close to solving a puzzle on its own but funbling the last step over and over. Fucking pathetic.
Rather amusing, considering that's what you've been doing this whole time, even in the act of accusing me of the same.
A companion disapproving of something they do not like is not bad design, rather the opposite. It could be bad design if it led to you being arbitrarily locked out of content later on because it would mean the player is forced to choose between exploring the immediate content of the game (sidequests) and beinng able to access later content, but that's not the case here.

Your entire 'criticism' amounts to being disappointed your companions aren't constantly patting your head and telling you "good job".
>>
>>2921961
we're still missing Monk
>>
>>2922601
OKAY HOLD UP all the defense of this fucking retarded design is because of the heckin urgency and now you're saying AKSHUALLY IT'S NOT ABOUT THE URGENCY? Holy fucking shit you shills can't keep to one fucking excuse.
>They disapprove because your supposed to be concerned with the tadpole in your head, not with solving someone else's problem.
>>There is a clear explanation of why you are supposed to not waste time, in character, and your companions react to that.
>No, the tadpole can safely live in my head, it's already empty so why not.
>I don't care I have to at least pretend there is a main questline and a valid plot hook. I want to finish every quest in the goblin encampment and I will not suffer -2 to likeability.
>Maybe you should play Skyrim then? You can forget that Alduin is hunting you and just do your endless Dark Brotherhood quests or something.
>agree. There are countless times when you are supposedly in great danger but the game doesn't acknowledge it and you can just rest for half a year and do silliest quests in the meantime.
>How could BG3 resolve that issue? I have no idea, but the characters reacting to it is a logical conclusion.
UHHHH BUT AKSHUALLY IT WAS NEVER ABOUT URGENCY! Holy fucking cope!
>>
>>2922611
>It could be bad design if it led to you being arbitrarily locked out of content later on because it would mean the player is forced to choose between exploring the immediate content of the game (sidequests) and beinng able to access later content, but that's not the case here.
THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT IT IS YOU FUCKING RETARD
>>
>>2922594
Mask of the Betrayer did it well, especially the player being able to influence the pressure they were under in a way that tied into the narrative. If you go around devouring every soul in sight you get significantly stronger powers but you also need to constantly consume souls to keep yourself alive, where a borderline-ascetic character will barely need to feed but get more limited powers, or you can try to keep it balanced.

>>2922606
What needs to be fixed? Having a tadpole in your brain, influencing you, is not a good thing - even a magic one. Finding out more about it only shifts the problem from "immediate" to "quickly". It's not a problem you'll resolve by going home and hoping it goes away.
>>
>>2921079
So, will there be any more major patches, or are we now just going to wait until the game releases in August?
>>
>>2922617
>it's bad design because... I say it is, dude!
>no, don't ask me to explain
Really great contribution to this discussion, anon.
>>
>>2922620
>What needs to be fixed? Having a tadpole in your brain, influencing you, is not a good thing - even a magic one. Finding out more about it only shifts the problem from "immediate" to "quickly".
Jesus fucking Christ the mental gymnastics.
>>
>>2922614
>everyone replying to me is the same person
Great job proving me right with all those buzzwords. Don't you have some shit to be eating, nigga?
>>
>>2922611
>>2922622
>it's okay if i lose points for a stupid reason but i can make up for the deficit elsewhere
>thus the reason was never stupid in the first place
Chimp brains
>>
>>2922623
Being unable to understand differences is the sign of a serious mental disorder and you should seek help, anon.
>>
>>2922631
As is coprophagia.
>>
>>2922631
>>2922634
Then why do you keep eating Larian's shit and calling it gourmet?
>>
how likely are dragonborn?
>>
>>2922629
>>it's okay if i lose points for a stupid reason but i can make up for the deficit elsewhere
Yes. People are not perfectly rational and do not behave as such. Your issue with the game is essentially that the companions don't behave like validation machines.
>>
>>2922643
>Your issue with the game is essentially that the companions don't behave like validation machines.
My issue is bad design you fucking idiot.
>>
>>2922636
No need to keep projecting, friend. As I said before, you can be honest about your fetish here, I'm sure there are people into worse shit than that.
>>
Gentle reminder that:
• the game is not out yet
• the majority of commentators have not played the game nor will they ever play it
• some people here are so fragile that a companion voicing slight disapproval is enough to set them off - do not panic, keep well away and you should be fine.
>>
>>2922648
>Reddit: The Post
>>
>>2922620
>What needs to be fixed?
The sense of urgency that encourages players to skip sidequests.
>>
>>2922645
Which you have not explained despite having multiple opportunities andmy having explicitly invited you to do so. Do you need me to lead you through it step-by-step? Alright.
You say it's bad design. In what way?
>>
>>2922656
Because it punishes you for playing the fucking game you idiot.
>but it's not a punishment
It's stupid to deduct points in the approval system simply for accepting quests rather than your actions in the quest.
>but it's not stupid because you can make up for the points somewhere else
That's irrelevant and it doesn't stop the initial reason for being stupid which you can't get through your monkey brain. There. It keeps going on circles because you're so stupid.
>>
>>2922666
>t's stupid to deduct points in the approval system simply for accepting quests rather than your actions in the quest.
Accepting or refusing a quest is an action in itself and it should warrant some reaction from your companions, just like deciding to eat shit or not to eat is an action.
>>
>>2922651
Tell me how I know you haven't touched the EA
>>
>>2922666
>Because it punishes you for playing the fucking game you idiot.
It doesn't punish you in any way. You don't lose out on any content and it's still possible to maximise companion approvals. You're just conflating "I don't like it because I prefer to have my head patted all the time" with "it's bad" because you're an idiot.

>It's stupid to deduct points in the approval system simply for accepting quests rather than your actions in the quest.
Accepting the quest in itself is a decision and your companions should react accordingly. Are you saying that in a situation where you had a good-aligned party, accepting a quest to murder a bunch of innocent civilians should elicit no response until you actually go and do it? Wow, that's retarded even by the standards I've come to expect from you.

>There. It keeps going on circles because you're so stupid.
I'm sure you'll get there one day, anon.
>>
>>2922668
>Accepting or refusing a quest is an action in itself and it should warrant some reaction from your companions
You fucking moron. Not even you consider rejecting the quests entirely to be a reasonable option but you still defend the retarded decision to punish the player for it.
>>2922496
>That's not what I said. I said it is good that companions are reacting in an intelligent manner that ties to the main plot, and any loss of approval should be manageable. In fact, I advocate for finishing as many quests as possible while tanking that loss of relations.
Now THAT'S what I call eating shit and liking it.
>>
Guys, I want to romance Astarion but I don't know how he will react to me being a coprophile. Do you think he is into it?
>>
>>2922673
>It doesn't punish you in any way. You don't lose out on any content and it's still possible to maximise companion approvals.
>>It's stupid to deduct points in the approval system simply for accepting quests rather than your actions in the quest.
>but it's not stupid because you can make up for the points somewhere else
>>That's irrelevant and it doesn't stop the initial reason for being stupid which you can't get through your monkey brain.

>Accepting the quest in itself is a decision and your companions should react accordingly. Are you saying that in a situation where you had a good-aligned party, accepting a quest to murder a bunch of innocent civilians should elicit no response until you actually go and do it? Wow, that's retarded even by the standards I've come to expect from you.
Like accepting the quest to learn more of the quest giver's plans and relaying that information to the intended victim? You know DIFFERENT ACTIONS IN THE QUEST? You fucking idiot?
>>
>>2922680
>I was merely pretending to be a faggot that eats shit. To own the chuds...
Okay you shit-eating faggot.
>>
>>2922670
Oh, oh, I know this! He's got self-respect!
>>
File: 343434.png (378 KB, 631x456)
378 KB
378 KB PNG
Didn't bother reading a single post of this thread.
Larian ? Based.
BG3 ? GOTY.
Better RPG than BG1/BG2 ? Obviously.
Anti-Larian trannies ? Dabbed on.
Owlcucks ? Seething.
Codexniggers ? Dilating.
ISOtards ? Irrelevant.
My post ? Best post.
>>
>>2922678
>Not even you consider rejecting the quests entirely to be a reasonable option but you still defend the retarded decision to punish the player for it.
It's an option. It's not necessarily a good option, but allowing players to make choices (even bad ones) is good design. Since you're so bent out of shape by the approval loss, have you considered that there might be other ways to mitigate it, like... accepting the quest when the companion isn't in your party?

>>2922683
Again, not a punishment, and again, you are unable to explain why beyond "I don't like it". It being stupid (read:illogical) for them to disapprove is separate from it being a "punishment" for the player.

>Like accepting the quest to learn more of the quest giver's plans and relaying that information to the intended victim?
Yes, you should be able to do that, but that shouldn't preclude your companions from reacting in the first instance. What you're saying is that if you were travelling around with a bunch of do-gooders, and you accepted a quest to kill a bunch of innocent people they should not react at all, despite what you're planning to do being completely antithetical for them. What happens if you accept the quest and then drop them before you complete it? They just imagine you went and did the right thing? Try being less retarded, anon, we might get this over quicker.
>>
File: 4818988.jpg (34 KB, 800x600)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
Agree 100 percent I don't touch Larian shit
>>
>>2922703
>It's an option. It's not necessarily a good option, but allowing players to make choices (even bad ones) is good design.
Playing sidequests in an RPG is a bad choice which makes punishing it a good design? Fucking retard.
>Since you're so bent out of shape by the approval loss, have you considered that there might be other ways to mitigate it, like... accepting the quest when the companion isn't in your party?
Are... are you actually retarded? Diagnosis and everything? Have you even fucking played the game? You're sucking Larian dick so hard but you haven't even fucking played have you? If you had you FUCKING IDIOT you'd know it doesn't fucking matter whether they're in your active party or not. But then you'll defend that as genius design too won't you? You're so fucking stupid.
>>
>>2921079
Isn't the game supposed to be an open-ended RPG? Don't tell me can't make a full custom party and are forced to endure constant dialogue and non-interactive "story corridors" with these fruity characters
>>
>>2922710
>Playing sidequests in an RPG is a bad choice which makes punishing it a good design?
No, illiterate. Refusing sidequests is often (though not always) a bad choice, but allowing players to make choices including bad choices is good design. Next time try actually reading posts before you mindlessly reply, friend.

>If you had you FUCKING IDIOT you'd know it doesn't fucking matter whether they're in your active party or not.
Only for some decisions, not for others. At least in the current version.
>>
>>2922680
>coprophile. Do you think he is into it?
dunno, but larian devs certainly are
>>
>>2922695
based
>>
>>2921079
It's a shit game with great combat, but it's still better than BG and BG2. Those are basically hack and slash games.
>>
>>2923259
>great combat
Anon, it's based on dnd 5e. It's basically auto disqualified in that category.
>>
>>2923259
>great combat
Soulasta does 5e combat better
>>
Will this game have homebrew subclass or psionic subclass?
>>
File: 1672782257979.jpg (2.13 MB, 1282x1707)
2.13 MB
2.13 MB JPG
>>2921565
>>
>>2922695

Stop shilling for companies, degenerate.
>>
>>2921079
Why people like this game? I don't get it.
The setting is terrible, the story is not even that good and it's not even an RPG, it's all handcrafted narrative, prewritten lines.
>>
>>2923428
>old-school fantasy: I want to feel powerful and have adventures
>modern fantasy: I want to feel special and talk about me
>>
>>2921079
>vampire twink
You just named the single greatest concept for a companion ever
>>
File: why_r_u_gae.png (715 KB, 933x707)
715 KB
715 KB PNG
>>2923814
>hurr durr it's bad when skyrim did a vampire thot
>wow I fucking love dis heckin vampire twink
>>
>>2921185
Jaheira is already confirmed in BG3
>>
>>2923809
They are just gay and have mental problems in newer rpgs
>>
>>2921079
Even if the companions are a bit reddit and LGBTQ tier, they are far more responsive to events and fully voiced. They feel more real
>>
>>2924432
In older RPGs the gayness is still there, they were just a lot more self-unaware about it
>>
>>2924556
That's not an RPG anon.
We are talking about tabletop roleplaying.
Making a character, roleplaying as it, making actual decisions. That's just a gay ass jap turn-based game with shit story. Not comparable at all.
>>
>>2923816
What makes you think I care about Serana you fucking schizo?
>>
>>2924435
more responsive and feel more real than who?
>>
File: 1672603420994109.jpg (186 KB, 1280x720)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
>>2924428
>Jaheira is already confirmed in BG3
Can you fuck her? Grannies are my fetish.
>>
>>2924568
>Be playing DnD first edition
>Roleplaying a barbarian in a leather speedo
>Have gay sex with my gay lover because I'm a faggot playing tabletop games
tabletop games are literally as gay as the players want them to be
>>
File: R.jpg (574 KB, 1500x1500)
574 KB
574 KB JPG
>>2924631
And there was certainly nothing gay about the music we were listening to back then
>>
>>2924631
Sure and because of that there was not a single difference between the appeal of the games between the 90's and today, just like this image shows >>2923428
This anon >>2923809 is all worng and there's nothing different with society.
>>
File: ShadowJolson.jpg (436 KB, 2560x1440)
436 KB
436 KB JPG
Quick reminder that you should be running Shadowheart in drow disguise mode most of the time
>>
>>2924663
Too soft and submissive for a drow.
>>
>>2924663
Do you also like black women?
>>
>>2924641
People are just less hypocritical about it
>>
>>2924678
>modern leftists
>less hypocritical
LMAO
>>
>>2924680
>modern rightists
>still sucking cock behind closed doors while raging about it in public
some things never change
>>
>>2924678
>>2924706
Nice gaslight, but I don't think there's a single individual you convinced here, you are just a disgusting individual (if not a paid shill, which is equally pathetic)
>>
File: 1674009918794479.png (52 KB, 701x832)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
>>2924758
>>
>>2924769
Isn't that the /r/ anti-work mod?
Lmao such a projection from leftists.
>>
>>2921079
>why is Baldur's Gate 3's companion roster so trash?

because you are so fucking old, grandpa. Let it go, you're over 30 and play videogames. Let that sink in.
>>
File: 1449938644362.jpg (313 KB, 750x1662)
313 KB
313 KB JPG
>>2924876
drink gasoline yeah?
>>
>>2924910
>I-I-Is that a male character with an optional romance ?????? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA SAVE ME HILTER I'M GOING INSANE
>>
>>2924876
>because you are so fucking old, grandpa. Let it go, you're over 30 and play videogames. Let that sink in.
Not him, 45 years old and loving all characters in BG3. OP is simply a faggot baiting for (you)s but i guess you're doing the same. I'm just here because i really like the game and would love to talk about it.
>>
>>2921084
>cunt cleric is popular with coomers
but why
>>
File: latest[1].png (32 KB, 95x132)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
>>2925043
go suck yer blade
>>
>>2921202
>The only decent companion was Ifan.
Okay homo
>>
>>2925043
You are the reason people are getting tired of woke bullshit, you not only support it, but you insult those who notice and point out that the videogame industry is plagued by third party agendas that have nothing to do with entertainment. It will be over for you, sooner or later.
>>
>>2925043
it's funny how this is the joke now, when it was fags and weirdos who cried about not being represented to begin with. it's so easy to manipulate children by pretending to mock.
>>
>>2925065
39 here and if I had a dollar for every time some zoomer retard accused me of being a newfag/soiboi for liking new things, I'd have enough money to buy every game on Steam

>>2925372
>GAMURZ UNITE REEEEEEE!
That's what you sound like, and people like you who struggle dealing with it are grossly outnumbered by the number of people who think you need to just go have sex and stop screeching about options in a video game like it is some life or death struggle for the soul of the nation
>>
So.... is there an actual release date for this shit or is it still in perpetual EA development?
>>
>>2925673

Is it so hard to understand that people hate your type not because of politics or any ism but rather because you are all insufferable, authoritarian cunts?
>>
>>2925750
August this year, but no specific date yet.
>>
>>2925781
>no specific date
So. That's a negative.
>>
>>2925782
It is what it is. It’s not in ‘perpetual early access’ either, so just replying ‘no’ would’ve been inaccurate
>>
>>2925777
Nobody is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to pick the gay romance option. You're just jealous that the company didn't spend those resources giving you another waifu to choose from. Get over yourself, most people don't feel oppressed just because they only have one or two waifus to choose from in a video game instead of three or four
>>
>>2921079
In thirty hours of the demo I've never met the black guy.
>>
>>2921159
Totally original thought: Imagine if they put all that budget into Kotor III and made an actual modern star wars rpg.
>>
>>2925790
I'd prefer they can all romances and write good characters.
>>
>>2925797
Personally I never pursue romances in video games. If I was feeling romantic I'd just go fuck my wife. That's why I don't particularly care if they told me that Shephard can romance that ambiguously gay dude in Mass Effect, I just snicker and go, "Yeah that guy looks like he might have seen a homosexual up close once or twice" and go back to shooting aliens and dealing with intergalactic politics
>>
File: 1619460193431.gif (2.56 MB, 480x372)
2.56 MB
2.56 MB GIF
>>2925802
>my wife
>>
>>2925802
I don't mind romance, but I despise buffet style romance, it's really shallow stuff. Unfortunately, Bioware attracted all kinds of lonely degens who are obsessed with their sexuality to the genre, so it isn't like this is limited to the incels. My gripe, is they just make characters fags or something in most media to make them "interesting", because they can't write for shit.
>>
>>2925808
I know this is hard to believe but middle aged men play video games too. I wish they wouldn't waste resources on Romance plot-tumors but I recognize that I have to share my game-space with pathetic lonely autists
>>
>>2925811
It's not hard to believe anon. What I find hard to believe that a middle-aged gaymer is married while he spends time on 4chan arguing about the politics of gay nigger dicks in rpgs.
>>
>>2925819
No what's hard to believe is that I just worked all day and came home to a hot meal and after she did the dishes my (pregnant) wife is giving our 3 year old a bath so that I can relax and pursue my interests on a Tibetan competitive kite-making forum and when I'm finished and the boy's asleep I'll reward my wife for all her hard work with my cock.

In the meantime, I can sit here and laugh at people whining on the internet about the end of western civilization just because they see a gay nigger and can't stop seething and obsessing over his BBC instead of shrugging at the cost of doing business and seeing what else the game had to offer
>>
>>2925833
Post pics of your wife's asshole anon. It's the only way to prove to me she is real. If you don't you are just another incel pretending.
>>
>>2925842
too much effort, I worked all day, I'm tired, and this is a blue board. Go ask your mother
>>
>>2925851
Okay incel.
>>
>>2925833
>the cost of doing business
what's the origin of this cost?
>>
>>2924670
why do people insist on making real life comparisons to fictional races..
>>
>>2925858
social forces beyond the scope of any single company to address. Most just pay lip service and give a token effort, others pander because they're chasing what marketers call "dual-income no-kids" couples. Wider audience means bigger sales which means bigger budgets for the next title. Your business still grows you just look the other way when the mobster reaches into your cash register once a month and walks away with a few hundred bucks because the alternative would only get messy and not end well for anyone.
>>
>>2925888
and who exactly is strong arming them?
>>
>>2925905
Nobody, it's capitalism and the eternal race for the almighty dollar. If you're not growing you're withering and dying and it's never good business practices to hitch your post to a demographic in decline
>>
>>2925921
what demographic?
>>
>>2925972
Depends. The male over the age of 35 demographic, for example, is extremely tough to market too because at this age most men are spending more money keeping their kids quiet and their wives and/or girlfriends happy and horny, and are more apt to reach for nonfiction as their taste for novelty wears off. So it doesn't make sense for a company like Disney to spend too much time and effort trying to make Star Wars media appeal to them even though they may have loved the movie back in the day, and if Star Wars tried again it would just be some depressing but mature and nuanced tragedy that alienates the under 35 crowd who just wanted to watch a show about cool laser swords and space ships with big explosions and funny times with wacky droids. So the company has to make a decision about who's going to buy enough of their junk that they can continue making payroll, and older men are less apt to blow their wad on toys and more apt to invest their money prudently, which means you don't get nearly the return that would get marketing to teenagers who paper the walls of their room with posters of their favorite media and get excited for the latest product to come out because they haven't yet been tainted by the cynicism of the world
>>
>>2926020
so you think they are trying to create a demographic that's eternally childless in order to market products to them forever?
>>
>>2926023
No, I think they're looking at where the money is in the country, where it's concentrated, and where it will be concentrated in the future, and they're allocating resources appropriately.

Men with arrested development who collect this stuff even as adults are what you call a niche market. Worth investing -some- resources in, but it's just a smaller pool to dip into and on a larger scale you'd much rather have a society filled with lots of children who are all screaming, crying, and have parents desperate to hand them something that will get them to stop. But individual companies don't have anywhere near that kind of power, they just chase trends and look at how their next quarter is shaping up
>>
>>2926028
yeah, but i'm talking about the source of the trends, otherwise it's just circular. why adapt when you can create?
>>
>>2922648
ah yes the mandatory paid larian shill
>>
>>2926035
Trends are by nature tied to the search for novelty and as such go through cycles where one generation finds it fresh and original, but the next generation sees old, ugly people getting into it and moves on to something that only young and beautiful people are into, until said generation moves on and the generation after them rediscovers a long dormant trend that is the perfect thing to revive in order to stick to their parents who are stuck in their ways and still like the thing they thought was fresh and original 20 years ago

Adapting is easier than creating because people don't really like new things and would rather have a fresh, original spin on a timeless classic than something experimental which is 99% likely to produce garbage
>>
>>2926040
this is just a byproduct of growing ennui of the contemporary world and the creation of slave class, slaves to sensation. this isn't a sustainable situation. overall though, i wonder why someone who thinks this way would be bothered by people being bothered, that's simply part of the cycle.
>>
>>2926046
>Consumerism is LE BAD
So go move to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea if you sincerely believe that. or you could just come to terms with the fact that it's not all about you and relax
>>
>>2926052
yeah, it's bad, not because business is bad, but because it's bad business. it's putting the cart before the horse. guess what though, it's indeed about me, since i'm me.
>>
>>2921079
I haven't played the game nor read much besides /v/ posts about it, I was interested in the frog until I read that apparently she both cucks you and makes her lick her toes or some shit like that.
That said, the vampire lad seems fun and the elf seems cute, might give it a try
>>
>>2926054
But you're just one person in the crowd who has an opinion like everyone else. These businesses aren't really caring about anyone's opinion, they're looking at numbers because that's what their principle shareholders demand.

You could make the argument that fixation on short term returns is raping the environment and structural defects are leading to diminishing economic returns but you can't expect a company to fall in its sword and send its employees to the unemployment line just to send a message to whomever might care enough to be listening. For that takes wider action and until that time times, I'll just deal with the fact that games have things like romance plot-tumors that I personally feel are a colossal waste of company resources but who am I make that call on a website full of coomers who love romance arcs?
>>
>>2926066
why would i care that they don't care, i'm just one guy? it's not about efficacy, it's about communication. i'll piss in the wind if i want to, i enjoy it. but no, i'm not talking about the material losses, but rather the psychological damage of have a vast machine encouraging people to eternal cycles of discontent and placation, there's a cost to that feedback loop which will be unable to be borne.
>>
>>2925673
>That's what you sound like, and people like you who struggle dealing with it are grossly outnumbered by the number of people who think you need to just go have sex
Lately i've been noticing the opposite, actually, like even normies that have never been interested in politics are starting to notice that gaming events like the VGAs or whatever have some kind of specific agendas in them. Seems like the diversity team is running out of budget.
>>
>>2926223
A bad marketing gimmick is a bad marketing gimmick. At the end of the day what people care about is whether or not it's a good game, and not a game with lazy and contrived execution that compensates by virtue signalling. Bible themed video games were/are notorious for this and that's why nobody clamours for a remake of Noah's Adventure.
>>
>>2923428
Bottom pic looks something directly out of Pathfinder
>>
Glad I bought day one of EA given how hard discord raids are against this game.
>>
>>2926388
Yeah, this thread alone justifies my purchase during the Winter sale
>>
>>2926379
>At the end of the day what people care about is whether or not it's a good game
Yeah, sure, that's why journos were shilling Gone Home so hard. TLOU2 surely won the GOTY becase of its innovative gameplay. You are such an hypocrite.
>huurrr durr buut dyu are dah chr*styan XXXDDDD
Strawman, and a bad one. Not everyone who points out how you act like a criminal gang is part of the opposite mafia.
>>
File: FLqHL3UWYAgQBbA.jpg (32 KB, 490x586)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>2926388
>Glad I bought day one of EA

....for full retail price
>>
>>2921079
Modern writers don't have passion for their work, at best, or are working by committee, at worst.
And I don't mean the good kind of committee like what invented Bugs Bunny.
>>
File: 231.jpg (591 KB, 3223x4096)
591 KB
591 KB JPG
>>2926449
What about it bitch nigga ? Kino Gate 3's EA is already better than most CRPG's full game
>>
>>2921079
what's wrong with the negro? if he's a cheeky asshole that's exactly what I want from a demon
>>
>>2926449
>Make 65$ an hour

Yeah I mean buying a game i know i'll enjoy isnt an issue
>>
>>2926495
The issue is their experiences are founded on other people's creative output. Copies of copies of copies, all aimed at safety.
>>
>>2926517
Founded on boring.
By God, the same corporations that made a lot of creatives rich and inspired a lot of others will strangle the mainstream creative industry.
>>
>>2926519
That's because of the focus on safety, which wouldn't be so bad if most of what they produced wasn't so character driven. Challenging nothing, offending no one, while striving for the maximal possible audience is always going to be a path towards creative bankruptcy. You can see that in people's personal lives, as they strive to find some target to unleash their aggression and they are only allowed the same safe targets. You can even see that in this thread.
>>
>>2926514
>has no patience to wait for the full release
can't buy willpower, eh?
>>
>>2923428
Why is the female showing her ass and sideboob to the enemy?
>>
File: needle.jpg (436 KB, 800x682)
436 KB
436 KB JPG
>>2926553
There's no enemy, they are just drawn posing rather than standing in a line. Do you think the wizard is actually zapping the trees or that the thief would be in front?
>>
>>2926562
>Do you think the wizard is actually zapping the trees
Well, you know how wizards get.
>>
>>2926553
It's fantasy retard, it doesn't have to be realistic. You ask that question as if that pic was real life but you don't ask what the actual fuck is a woman doing in armor, like, do you really think should would know how to use the sword IRL? lmao
Quit the double standards.
>>
File: Lair of the Live Ones.jpg (393 KB, 1203x1280)
393 KB
393 KB JPG
>>2926563
>how wizards get
Hey, it's just a hobby!
>>
>>2926564
>Fantasy doesn't have to be realistic
Correct.
Her armor is fairly realistic, however, even though I'd think a woman would prefer something lighter.
That said, warriors doing dumb shit when surprised before a battle (maybe she was talking to the ranger on the right and is turning to face the enemy at this moment) is basically canon if you read accounts of real warfare.
The Barbarian below wearing no sleeves when it's apparently cold enough that she needs such huge fucking boots, however, is confusing. Maybe she's a fellow cold enjoyer like myself.
>>
>>2921565
>>2922518
Barbarian chads keep winning
>>
>>2921084
Not worse than Bioware ones imo
>>
>>2926379
There are a LOT of companies producing the equivalent of noah's ark propaganda for the left across vidya and media now though. Really the prime rate staying high for a few more years should ruin those cash burning endeavors. Netflix got hammered but is on some kind of dead cat bounce now, we'll see if they squander it.

I notice Amazon seems to have learned its lesson with Woke of the Rings and Outer Woke Range and put out some new diversely inoffensive series.

>bad marketing gimmick
Blaxploitation era eventually failed, so did woody allen art house and fag camp when Star Wars first hit the scene.
People are sick of it, I know the new Top Gun did really well.

They're still trying to rework the woke formulas to get it past casuals like in Avatar 2 though.
>>
>>2926681
NTA but those companies aren't doing it out of the goodness of their hearts and they don't actually believe the leftist bs they are pushing since they selectively choose to minimize their own shit in the middle-east and china.
The only reason they are doing it is because it's incentivized via BlackRock through ESG.
I doubt they learned anything from their past blunders and will keep hammering the message so long as it means they'll get their investment funds since they don't really need the consumers as much as they used to in the past and simply keep their shareholders happy. Which is what ESG is mainly for, to circumvent and push propaganda on the masses.
>>
>>2922531
>why are they all ugly with abhorrent personalities
Western devs.
>>
>>2926681
>I notice Amazon seems to have learned its lesson with Woke of the Rings and Outer Woke Range and put out some new diversely inoffensive series.
Citation needed. They even put the same faggot retards behind Wheel of Time like Rafe Judkins on the new Warhammer show. Wheel of Time is getting another season by the way. Lord O Dem Rangs is getting another season too and they even just shit out a new season of that Jewish Nazihunters crap. Invincible 2 still has that STRONG BLACK KWEEN. Sounds like copium.
>>
File: kevin vanord.jpg (129 KB, 602x742)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>2927034
>>
File: fiddles kids.jpg (459 KB, 727x1650)
459 KB
459 KB JPG
>>2927036
>>
>>2927034
>>2927036
>>2927038
The schizo finally woke up. How does it feel to know that pozzed BG3 is gonna make banks with or without you dumping your folder ?
>>
>>2927052

Not that anon but that's a doormat bitch argument you're making. It's a game based on a popular IP from a studio that made a popular game, of course it will do well, but all the people buying it should care about is whether they will enjoy it.
>>
Its quite obvious that "someone" clearly wants this game to fail since its going to be a massive success and set a new standard to all future rpg's. I know you other salty publishers and devs are seething with rage when you are going see BG3 do well because that just means you can't get away from being lazy anymore.
>>
>>2927034
Basically a faggot.
>>2927052
Is showing reality being a schizo now? lmao
Now noticing reality itself is schizo stuff only? Damn, then i'm a schizo too
>>
>>2927427
I want it to fail because it obviously has an agenda to normalise LGBT stuff. Just because of that sole reason.
Baldurs gate games were never good RPGs anyways, they were graphic adventures with some RPG elements. Also, terrible setting.
>>
So I should be taking Agonizing Blast + Repelling Blast on my Warlock always?
>>
>>2927455
It won't fail so, you better take that L now
>>
>>2927499
Lesbian?
>>
>>2921079
Wizard eats loot
He's bad
>>
>>2921084
I heard you can get a drow companion later on, so that's pretty cool. Really needs a muscleman barbarian companion though. The interactions with the rest of those fags could be fun.
That said, I think Kingmaker still takes the cake when it comes to annoying companions.
>>
>>2927509
what happens if you tell him to fuck off?
>>
>>2927493
they're gonna add Agonizing as standard issue on Eldritch Blast, so you get 1 free choice.
>>
>>2927524
He makes this face :(
Also if he dies he nukes everything around him
>>
File: nowhitehumansallowed.jpg (77 KB, 680x422)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
begin the cope
>>
>>2927536
I thought it was funny how they went with the default black female for their trailers, they are still seething about this.
>>
>>2927499
We'll see that, I personally haven't seen anyone who isn't a big RPG fan play it, so I have my doubts.
In any case, I was just debunking your argument that people that want this game to fail are just "jealous devs", which is nonsense.
>>
>>2927536
It's literally this: >>2923428
>>
Halsin better be a companion/romanceable or so help me Larian.
>>
>>2921079
Only one I liked was the wizard. Every other companion is in some part of the evil alignment quadrant and are all equally insufferable.
>>
>>2927534
What happens if you never encounter him?
>>
>>2927637
>Every other companion is in some part of the evil alignment quadrant
I am guessing that you did not play enough of the early access. I won't spoiler you more but there are surprises along the way you can find about your companions. Don't write them all off.
>>
>>2925067
>>
From what I hear all companions are evil, even the cute elf companion is evil.
Is this a good game for a lawful evil power hungry playtrough? A warlock even?
>>
>>2927847
>From what I hear all companions are evil
They aren't. You'll play the game and you'll find out ...or you wouldn't. There is enough content in this early access that people can miss you can probably fill a whole other game with it.
>Is this a good game for a lawful evil power hungry playtrough? A warlock even?
I guess. Larian really put in the work to make most playstyles work.
>>
>>2927842
Do not lewd Shadowheart!
>>
>>2927863
Are you sure? I remember divinity felt awfully retarded as evil, with none of my companions being really evil, not even the elf killer.
>>
>>2927842
Is that supposed to be dirt on her skin or are the shadows just fucked?
>>
>>2927875
Your party gets dirtier and bloodier after fights
>>
>>2927875
Shadowheart likes to get down and dirty.
>>
>>2927842
im playing her game.
>>
>>2927866
n-no
>>2927875
get dirtier with time/combat
>>
>>2927898
Oh god, it's the blood splatter of DA all over again. lol.
>>
>>2927871
That is because you clearly did not play as proper evil character in DOS2. The proper evil path is the one where you kill them all on the island and continue with mercenaries after that.
>>
>>2927906
Ok, which means the game does not accomodate me being evil very well.
If being evil means inherently not just less content, but straight up no companions, then the game was not done with evil PCs in mind, and they were an afterthought.
>>
File: melady.jpg (36 KB, 600x817)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>2927909
>i want to be le evil but i want to have le evil friends too
You sound like a little bitch to me but why am i even surprised. You're a fucking fedora le edgy faggot in 2023. Jesus Christ. Also the content is not cut, just becomes different.
>>
>>2927911
No, I want my lackeys to have actual personality and not be fucking dialogueless mercs. I have to compare this to the pathfinder games where playing evil was just as fun as playing good, playing divinity felt like only one side had been developed appropriately
Also:
>if I play evil I MUST kill everyone and never socialize
the only one that sounds a fedora edgy faggot here is you
>>
File: 1673824052175628.png (626 KB, 1000x563)
626 KB
626 KB PNG
>>2927871
>>2927906
>>2927909
>>2927911
BG3 is the opposite if you want to play a good character you don't have any companions cause they're all worthless evil insufferable cunts.
>>
>>2927917
>BG3 is the opposite if you want to play a good character you don't have any companions cause they're all worthless evil insufferable cunts.
>he doesn't know
>>
>>2927916
>retard wants people filled with source on their path to divinity to be evil and also be his companions
You're just an imbecile.
>>
>>2927924
I don't know about that, i didn't finish the game, I didn't like it. It's odd you are seething at me like that for pointing the obvious: the game is better for good playtroughts, it was obvious to me after talking to all the companions and having to reroll a character to justify any of them in my team.
I merely asked if this game was better in this regard, and what I gather from your reaction is that it is not.
>>
>>2927929
>I don't know about that, i didn't finish the game
Peak retard. Youre trash, you are a shitstain on the face of the universe. I hope you die of cancer.
>>
>>2927930
>peak retard for not finishing a game you didn't like
Lmao, peak retard would be playing 100 hours a game clearly not made for me.
Still, it's hilarious you would accuse me of being an "edgy faggot" and then type shit like this.
The lack of self awareness is jarring.
>>
>>2927932
You are a disgusting slime, you are the gonk at the bottom of my shoe, you should be killed. Your family should be killed. Rid us of your disgusting existence.
>>
>>2927935
Are you a Larian dev behind the game? Or are you seething this much on their behalf for no reason? The only reason I am willing to give this one a try is because it uses tabletop systems (albeit shitty 5e) instead of the absolute cancer that was divinity's armor system. But if that's how defensive you get when I ask how well it handles LE characters, I must assume the game is a total shitshow.
>>
>>2927937
>armor system bad
not to butt in your conversation but you are bad at videogames lad
>>
File: 1673916876416243.png (1.23 MB, 1920x1080)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB PNG
>>2927937
NTA but if you want to play evil for some reason you'll be right at home in BG3. The companions are all evil retarded bitches. If you want them to be evil without being retarded bitches though you're still out of luck.
>>
>>2927942
>The companions are all evil
>he doesn't know
>>
>>2927939
I didn't say hard, I said bad. I easily played the game until I got bored, but I got bored with it regardless.
>>2927942
I can do with some tardwrangling, it's part of the fun of being a lawful cunt surrounded by chaotic cunts.
>>
>>2927944
Shut the fuck up about the brainwashing shit. Nobody cares. She's still a fucking evil bitch all it means is she's a schizoid too and you'll need to put up with her evil bullshit for half the game before you can reverse it. You're not clever.
>>
>>2927946
>he truly doesn't know
kek
>>
File: shhhhhh.png (413 KB, 600x546)
413 KB
413 KB PNG
>>2927945
>gets filtered by divinity original sin 2
>i am bad at the game so i'll call the game bad instead
have you tried gitting good?
>>
The only Larian game I've ever finished was Ego Draconis. Really boring games.
>>
>>2927957
What good would make me to curbstomp even more in an already easy and boring game?
>>
>>2927963
yes anon, you were clearly curbstomping, that is why you re complaining about the armor system and quit the game early LMAO you got filtered hard
>>
>>2927962
>random post about Ego Draconis
>IP count doesn't change
Very interesting. Are you just bumping your thread with weak bait or is this a bot?
>>
>>2927967
>that is why you re complaining about the armor system
>no status of effect abilities for the first half of the fight
>when you get trough the armor though? The fight migh as well be over lol, the enemy is now permanently stunlocked
How can you defend this?
Anyway the reason I dropped the game was that I wasn't really invested in it, I don't even have an objective criticism in that regard, the plot hook didn't hook me, none of the companions were likeable.
That's just a matter of taste.
The dogshit armor system isn't, it's just shit and thankfully now they dropped that shit.
>>
>>2927978
>no anon, i can't give you a valid reason for dropping the game but it is not the armor system which i still claim is bad
>ignore my seething on the matter, i wasn't filtered at all
filtered and in denial
>>
>>2927980
>i can't give you a valid reason for dropping the game
Not being interested is pretty valid reason for not playing a game.
One day i didn't feel like booting it up and never booted it up again.
You can keep coping with your fanfiction about me I guess, if it makes you feel an hardcore gamer for beating babbies first RPG.
>>
>>2927972
I was the guy asking about the dirty skin, Sherlock.
>>
>>2927946
The she-gith is secretly a lawful neutral character.
>>
>>2927984
>the pissboi thinks that DOS2 was my first RPG
pissboi, i've been playing videogames before you were itching in your dumb father's pants
>>
>>2927980
>>no anon, i can't give you a valid reason for dropping the game but it is not the armor system which i still claim is bad
And he's right.
>>
>>2928095
He is wrong. You're just both faggots sucking off one another.
>>
>>2928113
>He is wrong.
Please, elaborate.
>>
>>2928117
What is there to elaborate. He is wrong. He got filtered as it is evident from his previous posts.
>>
>>
>>2928122
Well, you could explain why he's wrong. Even the filtered is right once a day, etc. etc.
>>
File: pickle.jpg (128 KB, 1280x720)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
alright i want to try Baldur's Gate for the first time. starting with the first one but should i get Siege of Dragonspear or is it shit?
>>
>>2928122
Calling people that shit on your game "filtered" is such a low form of defense that makes it look like you have no arguments
>>
>>2928225
It's shit. Skip it.
EE in general is fine, just install the Convenient EE NPCs that removes the EE content from the game. You can then install much superior BG1 NPCProject mod to compensate.
>>
>>2928228
anyone that complains about the armor got filtered, you being filtered does not make the game bad
>>
>>2928134
>Even the filtered is right once a day, etc. etc.
LMAO! Anyone that got filtered is just too dumb. Putting any effort into arguing with them is a waste of time. You don't argue with stupid.
>>
>Only defense he has for a game is calling other people filtered
>Nobody has complained about difficulty yet
Fucking kek
>>
>go in a thread about fantasy RPG music
>hear Baldur's Gate 3
Had to find the whole soundtrack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2osctSaLLD8&list=PLh3auu8A8vZFLbe0GbTMjBNhoPi3xXlA8&index=4
Do we have an exact release date? I know August but which of August? I want to take off the whole week so i can just play the game.
>>
>>2928333
>complains about the armor system
>oh no i am not complaining about difficulty guise
Are you dence? Yes you are. I mean you're complaning about the DOS2 armor system thus you're a retard that got filtered.
>>
>>2928335
I am complaining about the armor system
I am not complaining about the difficulty
Retad
Skyrim's combat system is utter dogshit, but not because it's hard. It's piss fucking easy, but apparently calling it out means you got filtered by skyrim?
>>
>>2928338
>he got filtered by Skyrim
You're an imbecile, i see. Maybe you should be avoiding RPGs altogether. Go play nintodler bing bing wahoo games. Filtered faggot KEK!
>>
>>2928340
Based illiterate. Don't let that complete lack of comprehension stop you, king.
>>
>>2928340
Oh well, you are just baiting, aren't you?
>>
>>2928344
No i am not. I truly think that you're all retards and imbeciles that got filtered and you are exactly that. Stupid and filtered due to your lack of brains.
>>
>>2928334
Not yet. I'd imagine we'll see one in a couple of months.
>>
>>2928346
Oh, I am truly sorry for you then anon
>>
File: frogfu.jpg (123 KB, 1280x720)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>all that Shadowheart simping
>no love for best frog
I thought that anons at /vrpg/ had good taste.
>>
>>2928352
Is it true she cucks you?
I have to know now to not have to behead a companion later.
Asking because you never know when /v/ is making shit up and when it isn't
>>
>>2928355
>Is it true she cucks you?
No, she doesn't. But she doms(as in dominates your ass) you if you fail your rolls.
>>
>>2928359
If you make your rolls you dom her. God bless Larian.
>>
>>2928359
Are those will rolls, or strength rolls and she just physically overpowers me?
Can I burn her alive with magic for it?
>>
>>2928363
You are the one that went to bed with her. She doesn't rape you. Also listening to you she probably wouldn't ever be in your party, you sound like a weakling and a sissy.
>>
>>2928364
>She doesn't rape you
Well then what the fuck am I rolling for
Meh, I'll just burn her alive as a preventive measure.
>>
>>2928366
Gay and cringe.
>>
>>
>>2928368
I just asked you to tell me which ability do I need to pass the check. You did this to yourself, your waifu will be a charred corpse and it will have been your fault.
>>
>>2928370
>I just asked you to tell me which ability do I need to pass the check
>he is a faggot that needs a guide to play a game
Stop being bad at videogames.
>>
>>2928371
I don't need it, I just heard bad things about it and asked. As I said, I don't need any help to burn her alive.
>>
>>2928371
>I don't need it
>I just asked you to tell me which ability do I need to pass the check
>but i don't need it
>believe me
Imbecile.
>>
>>2928374
>>2928376
>>
>>2928376
You don't know what the word "need" means anon. That's fine, not everyone can be literate
>>
>>2928384
If you're asking for it, it means you need it for something. I think that the one not knowing the meaning of the word need is you, imbecile.
>>
>>2928386
Nah, I can do fine without it, my only need was to know about cuckery beforehand. The rest was simple curiosity since I won't be playing the game until it releases in full.
>>
Can't we all just get along and love frogs?
>>
>>2928387
>I can do fine without it
You still need it since you asked for it. Are you so stupid that you don't see how this work? If you did not need it you wouldn't have asked for it. Retard.
>>
>>2928392
What if we love both frogs and half elves?
>>
>>2928392
>>2928423
They're both shit waifus and evil insufferable cunts.
>>
>>2928424
Only someone who is dead inside could write something like that. Neither of them are evil.
>>
So, basically if people want a decent game the modding community will have to do Larian's job for them and make actual decent companions?
>>
>>2928416
I don't need to satisfy my curiosity but I'm happy when I do
>>
>>2928438
In the instant when you asked for it, it mean you needed it in that particular moment.
>b-but it was muh curiocity
You can't get yourself out of this. You're a faggot that uses guides.
>>
>>2927052
It's sad that this faggot doesn't realize he's just as mentally ill as the troons he makes fun of. He needs the rope.
>>
>>2928423
An interesting proposal. I accept.
>>
>>2928441
>Let me tell you about what you need
Ok
>Guides
I'm not playing the game, it's hardly a guide.
If I were playing it I wouldn't need to ask
The game is so far off that the fact that I somehow desperately need this information is hilarious
>>
>>2928451
>I'm not playing the game
>but asks for what roll is needed
>i don't need to know but i'm doing it anyways
You're pathetic. Everyone can see that you're full of shit but you keep going.
>>
>>2928436
if the modding tools extend to that level, yes.
>>
>>2928476
>I'm not playing the game
The game is not out retard, I'm not playing the alpha, I will wait until it gets released at least.
I just wanted to know if she literally rapes you or it's more of a psychological thing, will save / strenght save
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (70 KB, 1280x720)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>2928506
She doesn't rape you, I think she's hard on the inside but will turn soft to your character. I haven't romanced her but from what I've seen she's just a tsundere instead of being an actual dominant romance option. What you might be into could be the other romance option who's a thielfing.
>>
>>2928545
Cute tiefling tomboy.
>>
>>2928545
Tieflings really have the most boring design. What a shit race.
>>
>>2928545
The other anon refuses to explain it, but if failing a roll makes you a sub I don't see how it possibly can be anything but rape.
>>
>>2928545
>What you might be into could be the other romance option who's a thielfing.
Who is a tsundere that is hard on the inside but will turn soft to your character.
Holy shit, every female character in BG3 is fucking the same personality-wise. It's amazing how shit Larian is in creating compelling characters.
>>
File: 1584664054504.jpg (197 KB, 920x920)
197 KB
197 KB JPG
>>2928555
Wrong.
>>
>>2928575
>tumblr nose
case in point
>>
File: du8up89tau651.png (1.1 MB, 1097x783)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB PNG
>>2928565
She sneers and is a mean lady to NPCS and your party members but she makes expressions like these. She's not a rapey type of character, that's not who she is truly. Anons like her as much as the half cleric because she's soft on the inside while hard and rough on the outside. I would suggest you definitely give Lae'zel a try once the game comes out, but if you want more dominance switch to Karlach, who is the thiefling girls name.
>>
>>2928577
>that's not who she is truly
Not relevant if I only find out after my anus got penetrated for a failed check
>>
>>2928585
Kek. I will say that with one of the party members once you fail a check, they do kill you after violating you.
>>
File: kingmaker ending.jpg (398 KB, 1920x1080)
398 KB
398 KB JPG
>>2928575
I gotta admit it, giving the player the option of saying fuck it and skipping the whole love triangle bullshit with a harem ending was the most based thing in kingmaker
>>
>>2928587
What the fuck is up with this game and the player getting raped? Can you at least initiate combat if you refuse it or once the check is done you can only watch as your character gets humiliated?
The game better let me rape people too, or this double standard is going to piss me off.
>>
Anons please don't spoil him on what I'm referring to.
>>2928602
>Can you at least initiate combat if you refuse it or once the check is done you can only watch as your character gets humiliated?
It's the latter. You can only watch as your character gets humilated and killed instead of knocking the character away and killing them. I'm sure in the full game there will be a chance to humilate other characters. Actually, there's some scat in the game that your character can make others do now that I think back. You have to be a specific class to initiate it though.
>>
>>2928604
>It's the latter. You can only watch as your character gets humilated
Well that's fucking retarded, why would my character not try to resist if he's not into that shit?
>Actually, there's some scat in the game that your character can make others do
You have to be trolling.
What the fuck is larian doing? Are they making baldur's gate 3 or a porn game?
>>
>>2928607
>Well that's fucking retarded, why would my character not try to resist if he's not into that shit?
You can try to resist via the fail check, but if you fail, you're violated and then tossed aside. I agree with you. I ended up killing that character after I was able to revive my main character.
>Are they making baldur's gate 3 or a porn game?
It's legit. There's some writer at Larian who's into that shit and put it in the game along with other scenes. There's a reason some anons joke about this being a Porn game instead of an actual Baldurs gate sequel.
>>
>>2928610
>You can try to resist via the fail check
I don't know anon, I feel like these things should be decided by a combat sequence,, if I lose fine, my fault, but getting raped for poor RNG (or even worse, not having the right stat because you are playing a class that dumps it) is not something I am looking forward to. I play male characters, I literally have to drop that character after witnessing something like that.
Also, scat? Seriously? I don't care if I am not the victim, what the FUCK
>>
7 more months. I suspect the game time will be over 100 hours,
>>
>>2929333
>I suspect the game time will be over 100 hours
There is a ton of content in the early access already.
>>
>>2929333
>>2929341
>assuming the other acts will be equivalent to act 1
It's like you've never played anything by Larian.
>>
>>2929341
Definitely. Larian said that act 2 is their biggest act, in act 1 we haven't even been to the moonrise towers act 1, and I'm going to suspect that if act 3 is the final, it'll be shorter than 1 and 2 since it's the closure. I've seen anons say they already have 90hours in act 1, do you suspect the gametime will be over 200?
I'm curious too on how they'll handle leveling, since we could only have 14 levels, all of this has to stretch towards the end of the game.
>>
>>2928613
You get warnings way before that scene. You could've confronted the character in question way earlier. If you let it go that far and die, you have only yourself to blame. Baldur's Gate 3 is way more unforgiving to people that don't pay attention to the story and the characters.
>>
>>2929344
I've played divinity original sins 2 right after it launched, I'm aware that they revised their act 4 and added a lot of content in it compared to when I last played it. I'm assuming Baldurs gate will be bigger because they're being backed by and funded by Wotc, so they don't have to worry about cutting corners or not having enough funds compared to both their kickstarter projects.
>>
>>2929346
I have 140 hours in the early access but it is multiple plays and different characters. There is a ton to do in act 1 so if you ask me the full game might end up being like 200~250 hours for those that like to explore. Probably 1000 hours if you want to replay the game with every of the origin characters.
>>
>>2929353
Sweet. Just want to sink my teeth into the full game already.
>>
File: untouched.jpg (30 KB, 296x499)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>2929356
>Just want to sink my teeth into the full game already.
There are plenty of other RPGs or videogames in general to fill yout time with while you wait or you could just get the early access. I already played the early access myself so i am filling my time with Noita and Warframe and if i get in the mood i might do Hellpoint since it is on my current backlog. You could also read a book or watch movies. Now that i am old i have plenty of avenues to entertain myself but i don't have the free time that i used to have.
>>
File: 1674341876003693.jpg (40 KB, 454x458)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>shadowheart
>evil bitch
>laezel
>evil bitch
>minthara
>evil bitch
>karlach
>evil bitch
>jaheira
>old as fuck and not a romance
Shit-tier waifu roster. Pathetic. Disgusting. Not a single good alignment waifu. Garbage. Trash.
>>
File: Kagha is my waifu.jpg (100 KB, 545x616)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>2929410
Women are evil anon. The game is just being realistic.
>>
File: hot elf mommy.jpg (126 KB, 1024x745)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>>2929426
>>
Anything new about a possible Halsin romance?
>>
>>2929429
>he wants his female character to romance the buff bear druid
Anon, that is peak gay.
>>
>>2929431
>he
Let's not start this again, a simple answer would suffice, anon.
>>
>>2921259
I think PoE1 had a couple of good ones. I liked Durance, Eder, Sagani, Pallegina and Zahua. Sagani maybe wasn't great, just likeable in a boring way.
>>
File: it-is-maam.gif (458 KB, 220x268)
458 KB
458 KB GIF
>>2929436
>>
>>2929444
LOOK AT HIM. LOOK AT HIM. I WANT HIM. Is there ANY new news on if he is romanceable or not?
>>
>>2929449
No new info other than paladins now eing playable to my knowledge. Also stop being such a faggot.
>>
>>2929449
Kill yourself.
>>
>>2929450
I see. When did they start development of the game?
>>
>>2929449
>Is there ANY new news on if he is romanceable or not?
Yeah, he'll be romanceable https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSiT9_dAT1o
>>
I heard there is no multiclassing, what are the subclasses? Can I do a melee warlock? Or any other variation of a spellblade?
>>
>>2929449
>>2929469
>still no good alignment romanceble waifu
>but faggot shit gets confirmed
Retarded
>>
>>2927538
They forgot that nigs are poor
>>
>>2928589
Unironically, bigamy is based.
>>
File: based.jpg (134 KB, 1500x1000)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>2929499
This.
>>
>>2921079
Just kill them all then? You are not forced to interact with any of them.
>>
>>2929511
Just uninstall the game completely. Problem solved.
>>
>>2929513
Yeah unironically. If you don't like it just leave it alone and move on to the next game.
>>
>>2929511
If I have to kill off my content and companion banter for the game to be bearable, maybe there is something wrong. There should at least always be enough companions I like to make a party out of.
>>
File: 1674458639274111.jpg (24 KB, 476x466)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>2929536
You don't get it anon they only made evil insufferable cunts first because nobody likes those kinds of companions. Don't think about that too hard. The good companions are coming later even though there's zero indication of any such characters and actually every indication they no longer exist or in fact ever existed. Trust the plan.
>>
>>2929540
Honestly, that's the opposite problem I had in divinity.
In divinity you can't make a 4 person party for an evil character, here it seems like you cannot do it with a good character.
It seems like such a basic thing you should avoid in a roleplaying game.
>>
>>2929542
Larian just blows their load on whatever random retarded theme they decide to focus on JUST FOR EARLY ACCESS OKAY EVERYTHING ELSE WILL COME LATER and then predictably it simply doesn't happen.
>>
File: Lodoss_01.jpg (437 KB, 3258x1073)
437 KB
437 KB JPG
>>2921565
>>
I know this is a thread for BG3, but I have to share it before I forget. Any other ESL chads who feel traumatized by the opening dialogue between Irenicus and the golem?

I will never understand perfects because of it.

>THEY ACT SOONER THAN WE HAD ANTICIPATED

Not...
>they act sooner than we HAVE anticipated
(act = present -> present perfect for anticipated)
...and also not...
>they ACTED sooner than we had anticipated
(acted = past -> past perfect)

No for some reason it's present for act and past perfect for had anticipated. Why!?
>>
File: 1674337782111239.png (166 KB, 278x663)
166 KB
166 KB PNG
>>2929556
>then
>kino party
>male human fighter
>elf waifu
>nerd cleric bro
>grampa dwarf
>dick rogue
>chad wizard

>now
>faggot avengers
>invincible black female
>effeminate black male
>effeminate homo wizard
>effeminate homo vampire
>evil insufferable drow bitch
>evil insufferable half elf bitch
>evil insufferable githyanki bitch
>evil insufferable tiefling bitch
>literal retard and his sexually abused hamster
>crusty old whore of a druid decades past her expiration date

Fantasy is over.
>>
File: Image1.png (392 KB, 963x897)
392 KB
392 KB PNG
>>2929469
Thank you.
>>
>>2929557
Bro.......
>>
>>2929564

I keep waiting the genre to die out so that the cycle can restart from the basics but it`s really taking it`s time.
>>
>>2921079
Wyll and Gale are pretty decent to be honest.

Not that I like Fiend Warlock much.

Shadowheart is all secret secret and that got old since its kinda obvious she's like not meant to be a disciple of Shar.
Astarion I didn't even use.
Lae'zel was mostly acceptable. No real worse than playing with Wenduag. Oh wow you're so badass and angry. We get it.
>>
>>2921079
You morons. We have Minthara.
>>
>>2929645
>who cares about those evil bitches we have this evil bitch
What did anon mean by this?
>>
>>2929660
She is hot. All your complaints are irrelevant.
>>
File: 1556645465.jpg (13 KB, 480x360)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>2929481
Payback from when our only romance option in Baldurs gate 2 was Anomen (who was a sociopath paladin) while the male characters had Aeris,Jaheria, and Viconia
>>
>>2928602
>>2928604
>>2928607
>scat
what the actual fuck
and people joke about the pissfag DM magical realm thing
This is the decay of western civilization. We need to find ourselves again and fuck Aerie for procreation again.
I do hope you are just making that up
>>
>>2929700
>Spoiler
I'm not, watch at your own peril. This goes for any other curious anons.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAk9ONvLUJ0
>>
File: 1673716066979880.jpg (53 KB, 231x431)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>2929707
>>
File: Pallegyno matters.jpg (229 KB, 1087x733)
229 KB
229 KB JPG
>>2929443
I didn't take Hiravias but dude made me laugh in an ass sort of way.
Ederis the real standout. They actually managed to make a human male fighter interesting, good fucking job. He's not edgy or snarky or tryhard in any way, his jokes are reasonably cringe which makes him relatable, he's even a nice guy TM.

You shouldn't forget the murderbot though. That one is campy but the story seems actually pretty well written. I regret she was only in the DLC so lacks more interaction. I wonder what Hiravias would say if you could ask him about her.
>>
File: Devil Carrot.png (254 KB, 333x474)
254 KB
254 KB PNG
>>2929443
>>2929724
I dare say Devil of Caroc is fucking METAL
But some of those lines are hilarious
>>
>>2929724
Hiravias was my absolute favorite. Loved him more than Eder.
>>
>>2929707
>not I shit you not
anon you had one job it's fine if it's a goblin
>>
>>2927034
I like at least 6 of these things, deadly premonition is a great influence to have.

>>2927036
Why would a relatively small game dev rock the boat with games reviewers? Why would he even think to if his relationship with them has been purely business?

>>2927038
Obviously if a group of people you hated started calling you out specifically as being different from them with a stale insult youd find it gratifying. Like if some sjw called you a part of the "chud eleven" youd laugh your ass off.

This is all a nothingburger
>>
>>2927455
>I want it to fail because it obviously has an agenda to normalise LGBT stuff. Just because of that sole reason
You should really stop interacting with the forgotten realms entirely then

https://twitter.com/theedverse/status/1091759947224887296?lang=en
>>
>>2927536
Why would a dev team be excited to see players NOT take advantage of a feature they likely poured months into?
>>
>>2927898
What is under those white squares?
What are the illuminati hiding?
>>
>>2928131
Why does she wear a BDSM accessory instead of clothes or being properly naked
>>
>>2929741
>took months to model demon eyes, horns, and "even" tails
nice workflow, bro.
>you are playing the game WRONG!
That Guy, the devteam.
>>
>>2926553
Intimidate check, she a Shatter Defences build
>>
>>2929758
*Dassling Display
enemies already dead
>>
>>2929754
Yeah, it probably took months to create their character creation system. Are you retarded or have you just never worked on something like this before? Are you also ass hurt when new vegas devs saw the extra ammo types and energy weapons being underused and they rebalanced them?
>>
>>2929763
how is making a human not using the character creator? that isn't the default human in their game. also, this isn't a balance issue, it's about people's freedom to create the character they desire without snark from the people they already paid. they should be glad anyone is playing the game at all.
>>
>>2928131
is this in game armor or a mod?
>>
>>2929792
>they should be glad anyone is playing the game at all.
Im sure they are. But theyd be happier to see all of their implemented options utilized because it would justify a long period of hard work, right? Thats easy to understand isnt it? If you spent all this time creating (been a while but i believe this is all there) different species, fantastical skin and tones, horns, tails, make up and scars and you saw the most used features were used to create Bryce McCormick mild mannered high school social studies teacher and soccer coach; youd want to encourage people to use the other shit you worked on as well
>>
>>2929807
nope. that's entitled "you're doing it wrong" talk in a roleplaying game of all things, the genre about personal expression. so, fuck right off with that shit, defending it is the height of retardation and shows a total disconnect from the spirit of rpgs.
>>
>>2929863
What is entitled about noticing an underused feature and drawing attention to it so its used more in depth
>>
>>2921961
I think I see what Larian is doing. You're missing Volo, who will be our Bard companion.
The companions we have in EA truly are the evil neutral characters (Excluding Gale) compared to Minsc, Volo, Karlach and Halsin. A gnome/dwarf female companion has already been datamined, she as you say, could be the missing sorcerer class so that Gale isn't the only spellcaster companion.
>>
>>2921084
The worst companions in any game are the Jedi Consular's in The Old Republic. Thankfully nowadays you can ignore them all and use droids, animals, and other characters instead.
>>
>>2924802
I always thought the whole point of the chudjak was despite having such a massive superiority complex, the zoomers who are right-wing tend to not really be all that masculine.
Which is why the whole uno-reverse card thing doesn't really work, the left is just not that allergic to "cringe" which kind of works in it's favor a lot of the time.
>>
>>2929921
Accurate. They're all absolute trash. Every class had some dud companions but Consular's were all crap except maybe the jedi girl but you get her last when there's barely any class story left.
>>
>>2922435
This was the line we were fed at the beginning of EA but it increasingly look like these 5 are actually most of what we're going to get, with the addition of Karlach and Halsin.
I don't actually mind most of them, even Shadowheart isn't as bad as I initially thought, but fuck it's been a while since we had some simple blonde vanilla cunny, I'm getting tired of literally everyone having to subvert expectations.
>>
File: 1484107882129.png (146 KB, 492x261)
146 KB
146 KB PNG
>>2929707
wtf Larian suspect they'll include piss drinking too
>>
>>2930041
I'm fine with that If I can force a cute girl to do it desu
Imagine pissing all over the frog
>>
>>2929707
>still in early access
>developers spend their time on animating flies flying around slimy, wet turd
your preorder money well spent, kek
>>
>>2930008
Volo the bard might also be a companion, I have doubts though because he very clearly isn't a fighter, but he's the only bard besides that thiefling girl who seems like a main character.
>>
File: 1444320004617.jpg (117 KB, 1058x705)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>2930043
imagine being prompted to piss all over your party members face or being peed on by them haha
>>
>>2925792
Impossible. He's near the very start in the camp gate encounter.
>>
>>2930123
I guess make sure you pick the barbarian class to do the waterworks/scat stuff.
>>
>>2929909
because it's not relevant to the player's enjoyment of the game in any way and players aren't beholden to your tastes. there's no argument here except that the players are "doing it wrong" when making the character they want. why wouldn't your first thought as a creator be, "how can I make these things more appealing?", or "why aren't people picking tieflings in the first place?"
>>
File: sandbox_spaceships.jpg (165 KB, 640x429)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
>>2922718

What kind of turbo-autist makes a full custom party in a Baldur's Gate game?

>Sure, this game has a bunch of NPCs with their own backgrounds, quests, interaction ... which make the game feel 1000% more real and interesting.
>I prefer to create the whole party myself though. This way I can min-max all their stats to make the combat piss easy. That's the gamer move.
>>
>>2930177
>which make the game feel 1000% more real and interesting
l o l
>>
>>2926384
It is.
>>
File: retards.jpg (40 KB, 349x642)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>2930197

Are you telling me that Baldur's Gate 2 doesn't feel more interesting and real specifically due to the NPC interactions compared to let's say Icewind Dale?
>>
>>2930223
feeling "real" isn't something i want from video games at all, because i don't self-insert. it's just a matter of differing interests.
>>
>>2930230
>feeling "real" isn't something i want from video games at all, because i don't self-insert.

wtf?
Why the fuck would you even play RPGs without self-inserting? What's the point?

>it's just a matter of differing interests.

which are ...
>>
File: Rhin.png (138 KB, 400x400)
138 KB
138 KB PNG
>>2921259
I think Numenera had great companions as well. Especially Rhin.
>>
>>2929616
At least Wenduag is a cute spider cat lady. Also she can be quite based.
>>
>>2929557
Pls response
>>
>>2921367
>those are not even half of them

I like BG3 and this is just cope. You're looking at 80% of your party roster.
>>
>>2930314
>Minsc
>Jaheira
>Karlach
>Datamined werewolf
>probably Minthara
Sounds like half to me
>>
>>2930320
Jaheira, Minsc and Minthara will most likely be just temporary companions. Datamined werewolf has weirdly disappeared from the game files.
>>
>>2930323
What an odd choice to remove him on their part, vampire companion and werewolf companion seem like a kino combination to tardwrangle.
>>
>>2930325
Her. A halfling werewolf granny. Romanceable.
Larian.
>>
>>2930327
Oh, it was an halfling granny?
Thank god they cut it then
>>
>>2930330
I am pretty sure someone at Larian would like to fuck that.
>>
>>2930323
I don't think they'll be temporary, just you won't be able to recreate them in the character creation to use them as "Orgin" characters. You can kill off the Orgin companions or tell them to fuck off, since this is EA Larian isn't going to give us more characters since we're only playing a test build of the game.
>>2930325
Patch 9 there has been no more datamined info, looks like Larian wants us to stop digging for new info/spoilers. The gnome/halfliing werewolf bard is still in the game though.

We have:
Gale, Wyrll, Astarion, Shadowheart, and Lae'zel who are our evil aligned characters. Gale seems to be chaotic aligned, since he requires us to give him divine loot including the druids idol and gets pissed if we refuse. Wyrll is obviously Lawful evil. We have not been given any goody two shoes characters yet.
>>
>>2930333
I assume your goody two shoes characters will be the halfling granny and Minsc. That's it.
Karlach doesn't come off as particularly good, she's yet another bitchy cunt for the collection. And Minthara is Minthara.
Why is every single female companion in this fucking game an utter bitch?
>>
>>2930335
Larian's idea of goodytwo shoes can't be Shadowheart since she will easily turn on you if it comes to Shar. They cannot make a halfling granny the only romance option kek. Definitely, there could be more "temporary" companions inside of baldurs gate. We haven't scratched the surface of the game yet. I'm confident there will be an actual good female companion.
>>
>>2930338
Just keep in mind that Larian doesn't have a particularly strong record when it comes to writing companions in generals. The write memes, not characters.
>>
File: 16706bb03843541719.png (469 KB, 750x422)
469 KB
469 KB PNG
>>2930340
True, but one thing that keeps me an optimist about this is that Larian knows the type of tone and game that Baldurs gate is, they were competing against them back in the 90s. Sven knows that half the rpg community are breathing down their necks. Remember when the first screen shot of Baldurs gate 3 was released? They got so much backlash against turning this that they redid their entire dialogue system into it being the one we have today. Larian tried making it goofy like Divinity but noone was having it. I'm proud of them for changing it, if it were bioware they would've ignored the community and went with what they want. Just and wait, thats all we can do
>>
>>2930367
That pressure also makes some people entrench and go harder on their rebel "I'll show you!" stunts.
>>
>>2930333
Again, this i based on a line Larian fed us in early, er... Early access.
Actually interacting with them belies this line. Wyll is egocentric, but not evil, he supports and pushes for selfless action such as helping the tielfings. Likewise with Gale. Shadowheart actually likes most good actions from the PC, so long at it is tangentially related to getting rid of the tadpole. Only when you go out of the way to do sidequests that have no obvious connection to this goal does she disagree, and even then she's not that mad about it.
Only Lae'zel and Astarion are self serving and support going the bad boy route.
>>
>>2930159
>because it's not relevant to the player's enjoyment of the game in any way
Character customization isnt relevant to the enjoyment of a game? Thats a weird claim.

Ill cut to the chase here guy i think youre just too sensitive and got offended because you took the dev note as a political stance.
>>
File: iXQGjeU.png (2.07 MB, 1920x1080)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB PNG
>>2930503
From my recent playthrough, wyll disregarded an innocent gnome for his vengeance, gale is somewhere in the chaotic alignment
>Shadowheart actually likes most good actions from the PC
Well, she's an evil cleric and she worships shar who requires human sacrifice..so we can rule her out of being a good aligned option.

I truly believe that Larian gave us the bad companions first and foremost. I don't mean bad in the bad way, but bad as in good vs bad
>>
How did Larian go from writing some of the most compelling characters of post New Vegas RPGs to writing this Critical Role tier garbage?
>>
>>2930508
yes, creating another type of character than what they want to isn't relevant to their enjoyment. again, this isn't a default human, it's an amalgamation of the choices of players, which they decided to attack, like petty children.

i'll also cut to the chase, you defend this because you see it as a battle in some culture war, unlike me who sees it as bad manners in roleplaying circles.
>>
>>2930640
>Well, she's an evil cleric and she worships shar who requires human sacrifice..so we can rule her out of being a good aligned option.

She isn't a real cleric of shar though. 100% she'll alignment change at some point.
>>
>>2931372
This will most likely be true for all companions.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.