[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 133 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Dragon Age is my favorite series, and hearing about all the staff leaving has made me nervous.

Do you think that there’s a chance the game will pull itself together and be good? God I want BioWare to be good again.
>>
>>2914166
>Do you guys think Dragon Age Dreadwolf will end up good?
No. Anything past Awakening is garbage.
>>
>>2914174
FPWP
>>
No, but let me spoil it for you - the series conflict is Fade vs Lyrium, with the Elves/Dwarves being their previous era avatars and the Mage/Templars being the current ones. Solas will succeed in pulling a Korra and lifting the Veil but will be killed by some evil Evinari or whatever they're called who will become the new Sauron.
Tevinter revealed to be secretly woke all along, 90% of story content will be in blurbs in the war table.
>>
>>2914166
>I want BioWare to be good again.
why?
>>
>>2914198
havent found any other games that have as good side characters, story line, and immersion with a customizable protagonist. KOTOR, Jade Empire, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, all so fun and engaging. When they’re doing well, their games really are amazing.

DOS2 is also really good for example and fulfills those requirements. But there’s few games like that, and bioware consistently did that amazingly.
>>
>>2914201
That Bioware is long gone. We are talking about 15 years. Bioware of today is entirely different, they won't ever make games like that anymore.

If you want to see such games again, you need to look elsewhere into A and AA scene and support companies who might be able to make great games with bigger budgets.
>>
>>2914203
Yeah maybe youre right. Do you have any suggestions?

I was hyped for Greedfall and was disappointed for example
>>
>>2914166
Trannyware.
>>
>>2914225
Nah bioware is run by basic white women now.
>>
they can't even get the font for the game's logo right what the fuck makes you think this won't be complete trash? How can you be a dragon age fan when there's literally only 1 good game in the whole franchise and everything else is horrible shit that has fuck all to do with the world or what origins was going for made by incompetent faggots that hate the original work and are nepotistic diversity hires
>>
>>2914230
The "game director" is literally a tranny.
>>
>>2914232
DAI is the game that really got me into video games, (I had played Fable 3 before but we all know thats even worse) so im certainly bias, but I do honestly enjoy all of the dragon age games.

I just wish they would go back more to the dark fantasy of DAO.
>>
>>2914166
if you kept playing their slop after dragon age 2, you'll consume anything with relish. So good news, you cannot be disappointed.
>>
>>2914261
go back to watching sports or slam poetry faggot
>>
>>2914166
I thought there might be the slightest chance that Bioware would drop their political bullshit now that they're on the verge of shutting down. Now that they've had flop after flop after flop. A chance they'd get their shit together and make something like their old games. Then I forced myself through the first three episodes of this garbage before I quit. They haven't learned a goddamn thing.
>>
>>2914273
4 of the 6 main characters are gay
>>
>>2914305
The only white male is also the only one who dies.
>>
>>2914174
/thread
>>
The Dragon Age games are surface-level woke imo.
There's gays and lesbians but most of those relationships are abusive and bad examples (Sera and elf Inquisitor, or any rival romance in DA2, and the lesbo romance in the recent anime). There's a tranny but you can misgender him in DAI. You can sell a full-time companion into slavery in DA2. The one perma-gay companion in DAI is pro-slavery. Among other examples.

I always appreciated Bioware keeping it real when push came to shove, but the last DA was in 2014 and the current team I don't believe has any veterans. I'm cautiously pessimistic about it.
>>
>>2914220
Greedfall was the only serious attempt by another company to do a Bioware-style game, and like you I was disappointed. Too bad, really.
>>
File: lol.jpg (167 KB, 1170x1160)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
I'm only a bit interested in the story and the lore.
There is no way this game ends up good though. They changed director like 4 times only to end up with an abomination at the helm that only worked on the sims lol
>>
Hopefully
>>
>>2914868
And then they went and made a shitty soulslike. It's really over.
>>
>>2914868
I think DOS2 was closer, but the combat was pretty different. I feel that Greedfall could've been great if it had a larger budget... which is the issue. To me, it was a cool concept but everything was shallow. The companion interaction, the reputation system, etc etc. The combat was cool though.

>>2915019
oh god I hadn't heard that she only worked on the sims. That makes me extremely nervous. Im hoping they can somehow pull it together, theres a lot of potential there.
>>
File: rpg game director.png (270 KB, 720x2114)
270 KB
270 KB PNG
>>2915035
It's over.
>>
Trainwreck like FFXV or Beyond Good and Evil 2 only have 1 change of director and with versus we saw some gameplay.
This game saw like 4 director and 3 producer and we only know one .png with some sidecharacters and the title
>>
>>2915045
Why didnt they just hire someone with actual RPG experience? Or promote someone within the company? Does anyone know?
>>
>>2915130
You'd have to be a madman to work for Bioware post mass effect 3, especially with EA breathing at your neck
>>
>>2914166
No
Anon Bioware isn't the Bioware it used to be now, the old studio that made fun and interesting games is long dead, you know this
The studio making Dreadwoof is the same studio that made Inquisition, Andromeda and Anthem
There's no way in hell that the game will be anything other than unrepentant garbage
it sucks so much but there's no way around it
>>
>>2915130
>Why didnt they just hire someone with actual RPG experience
No RPG developer want to be in that position after after and the third director leaving DA4.
>>
>>2914261
>DAI is the game that really got me into video games
>I had played Fable 3 before
>I do honestly enjoy all of the dragon age games
If you are not baiting then I see no hope for you.
>>
File: 1668319470649783.webm (974 KB, 720x1272)
974 KB
974 KB WEBM
It is not 2023 and there are still people who think that Bioware will redeem themselves. Just let go already.
>>
>>2914166
No.
>Do you think that there’s a chance the game will pull itself together and be good?
No. They had a chance, albeit a slim one, of producing something good back when they'd hired a genuinely talented and - most importantly - external writer (Alexis Kennedy) to work on the game, but he got let go with one of the reboots. It's time to let go, anon.
>>
>>2914174
fpbp
>>2914195
spwp
>>
>>2914861
Similarly with mass effect, which is also called woke now, you have full license to play shepard as an anti-democratic pro-torture military authoritarian with speciesist bordering on genocidal beliefs. The games' writers clearly dont condone these beliefs, but they give you opportunities to roleplay a character who does. And frankly as someone who is diehard pro democracy and anti authoritarian i appreciate being able to play someone like that.

Its just like killing in these games; sparing a character's life is only meaningful if there was the option to not do so. Thats the missing ingredient these days imho. It wouldnt hurt to include some bigoted lines here or there for at least the player character to express. They dont shy away from other forms of "bad guy" dialogue so why should this be different? Maybe i want to play a hedonistic bisexual sorceress with loose morals; but maybe id also like to play a sheltered zealot nobleman who understands love only as an aspect of the chantry and political alliances.
>>
>>2915130
>ea owned company
>spending 1 cent more than the bare necessity to crack a profit
Do you even understand what capitalism is?
>>
>>2915374
>>EA owned company
Could've stopped there desu.
>>
>>2915374
The irony is that the budget and costs of Dreadwolf has probably inflated to be higher than any other bioware project up until this point with literally nothing to show for it.
>>
>>2915399
I wish mark fisher lived to see this
>>
>>2915370
>is also called woke
>diehard pro democracy and anti authoritarian
>Maybe i want to play a hedonistic bisexual sorceress
I haven't felt my neuromusculature try to detach from my skeleton so hard in some time. Well done you that's some hardcore Cringeomancy.
>>
File: 1525298822658.jpg (446 KB, 752x4357)
446 KB
446 KB JPG
>>2914166
Is there a bigger fall from grace than Bioware in game industry history? They are a complete laughing stock even among facebook normalfags now. Biodrones were rabid and where fucking everywhere proclaiming them to be kings of cRPGs. Until 2011 where they got completely humiliated by some literally who slavs and nips and the likes. That massive amount of paid journalists pretending that there was anything good about DA2 was utterly laughable and only worsened this situation. Then nobody could even pretend that ME3 wasn't a failure. And whatever Biodrone remnants remained where dealt with DA:I. I wonder why does EA even keep them around at this point.

Bioware is now a mark of a garbage. You slap their name onto a game and everyone loses interest since it's obvious that game will be shit.
>>
>>2915453
Jeez im sorry i hurt your feelings anon, i have no idea what its like to be that weak
>>
>>2915467
Blizzard
>>
>>2914166
it's going to be kino and will sell like hot cakes and win many awars and /v/ and /vrpg/ will seethe as usual
the contrarian faggots here insist on their headcanon that DA2 and DA:I are bad and hated by everyone when in reality they are well received popular and successful, especially DA;I winning GOTY mindbroke the chud contrarians
the only reason they hate anything past DA Origins is because according to them they are ''pozzed''
>>
>>2914861
Inquisition is about as woke as it gets. They got rid of all the dark stuff to please the woke crowd.
Remember hearing about those horrifying knights that rape common women because they just can? Well now they are just a bunch of generic knights that are snobby at worst
Remember Desire Demons, probably the most interesting of the demons to interact with? Well they are nowhere to be seen despite the premise of the game being about demons.
Remember The fucked up way Darkspawn reproduce? Well we don't see one brood mother despite going deep into the deep roads.
Remember how the Quanari were obsessed with being born into roles that cannot be changed? Now they're fine with people changing thier very gender.
The list goes on. Inquisition presents a safe inoffensive neutered version of Thedas. It's barley even recognizable as a Dragon Age game.
>>
>>2915499
Don't forget how neither romance option for male Inquisitors end in marriage while female Inquisitors can marry Cullen or Sera. Cassandra leaves you and Josephine barely exists.
>>
>>2915511
Yeah romance stuff alone brings up a lot of issues, fellow dubs man. As a homeless vagrant, the grey warden could fuck women of various races around Ferelden and have a relationship with a cute redhead, a spicy goth chick or even both of them, hell you can even marry the queen and have up to two children. Meanwhile the leader of an organization that influences two entire nations has to settle for one of two uggos.
>>
>>2915495
> the contrarian faggots here insist on their headcanon that DA2 and DA:I are bad and hated by everyone when in reality they are well received popular and successful

This is what always confuses me. I feel like they are good, and well received. Maybe theyre not as good as origins, but theyre still better than a lot of other recent RPGs out there.
>>
>>2915546
Isabella, Maker bless you. You were a good whore. You serviced me like no other whore ever did. Not only my crank, but my heart.
>>
File: screaming cat.jpg (51 KB, 720x678)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>2914166
>will end up good?
>>
>development hell for several years
>nubioware is made up of some of the most pozzed motherfuckers in the industry
>the project lead is a literal twitter tranny
>instead of any gameplay bioware instead releases a trash cartoon and constantly screeches about LGBT shit
Fuck no.
>>
As a series long fan, I don't think there's a goddamn chance in hell. Every installation is worse than the last.
>>
>>2914261
I can understand WoW stockholm syndrome better than this, at least they have a culture of equally unemployed boomer washouts and trannies to keep them engaging on top of their woke shitpile of a game while they hope that too miraculously returns to founding principles.
>>
>>2915495
Wrong. Nobody was fooled by DAII apologists back at release. Everyone who wanted cinematic rpg experience played Human Revolution and the Witcher 2, while those who wanted action played Dark Souls. And it offered nothing for fans of classic party based crpgs, on which deva actually shitted

DA:I only won goty because there was no other AAA game that year that could be allowed to take its place.

Andromeda and Anthem were complete flops and so will be new DA. Bioware has no longer any niche since everyone else is better at being cinematic, at companions and romances, at action and at party based rpgs.
>>2915546
They aren't. They are one of the biggest diarrheas in rpg history. Hardly anything is worse. DA:I has a mobile game design mechanic that makes you wait literal 12 real life hours before it allows you to play another mission. In meantime you are supposed to collect flowers. This alone makes it absolute, irredeemable garbage. No other rpg, be it arpg or crpg, in last 20 years is worse than either of those two.
>>
>>2915546
>but theyre still better than a lot of other recent RPGs out there.
This has to be a joke.
>>
>>2915930
in terms of character interaction, and being able to explore a new world as your own character? I enjoy those elements and most other recent games don't deliver in the same way.
>>
>DAI got the GOTY so is good
Really?
>>
>>2915495
He asked if it would be good, not if it would win awards you dumb cunt
>>
>>2915019
He's disgusting.
>>
>>2914166
> announced 4 years ago
> still no gameplay shown
this is probably just another Andromeda-tier "game"
come to think of it, i wouldnt recommend anybody play any dragon age games even though i like Origins
>>
>>2914166

Nah man, at the end of the day games are made by people, not companies. Talent matters far more than people like to give it credit for. My advice? Follow the artists, find what they are working on and support them. Not a shell of a company because you used to like what they did ten or twenty years ago. If the talent moves on you should too. Take a good hard look and realize that what made those games good is gone, say your goodbyes to the IP and go find something new. It`s far more healthy than constantly getting your hopes up and dealing with disappointment when IPs go to shit.
>>
>>2916300
That is a good point, thank you! I will look into that. I am still hoping the IP holds it together somewhat as I do enjoy the universe and characters, but you're right, it is about the individual people more.

>>2916280
why wouldn't you recommend anybody to play dragon age?
>>
Just play the Witcher games which totally mog Dragon Age
>>
>>2916303
> why wouldn't you recommend anybody to play dragon age?
DAO: weird attribute system, broken/useless skills, bugs. But it's comfy and I like the characters.
DA2: copy-paste game in general, lame DLCs, lyrium subplot is shit, hate some of the characters. Only like the qunari.
DAI: grindy MMO-style gameplay, only like 4-5 actual storyline missions total, extremely forgettable plot.
>>
>>2915990
>in terms of character interaction, and being able to explore a new world as your own character? I enjoy those elements and most other recent games don't deliver in the same way.
The Witcher games forcing you to play as Geralt instead of your own character was the worst fucking decision.
>>
>gameplay trailer
>no fucking gameplay
kek it's doa although, lets be honest we already knew that before it was even announced
>>
>>2916280
https://youtu.be/3ZJPvKbUgOA?t=180 they shown some experimental stuff at 3:00 minute mark. looks like its action based game again
>>
>>2914166
I have no hope for bioware after mass effect andromeda
>>
>>2915885
keep coping contrarian
DA2 and DA:I are popular and loved by the majority, they are still relevant to this day with their BIG modding scene keeping them alive while your favorite Isometric garbage games than only contrarians like (you) like are completely dead and forgotten
>>
>>2914166
Ha ha
No.
>>
>>2916503
lolno DA2 was only ever relevant for being a massive disappointment and DAI was forgotten after about a month after its release. Origins is more relevant than both of them with a bigger modding scene.
>>
>>2916738
Part of that is that DAI is a nightmare to mod.

Clearly the solution here is for them to remake origins, without changing any of the dialogue or anything, just better graphics and gameplay.
>>
>>2916976
>Clearly the solution here is for them to remake origins
So they can destroy the only good Dragon Age? I don't think so, this poor series already suffered enough from those hacks.
>>
>>2916991
> without changing any of the dialogue or anything, just better graphics and gameplay.

I don’t think they could fuck it up that badly if they stuck those rules.
>>
>>2916994
They would. DA2 and DAI gameplay show it clearly.
>>
>>2914174
/thread
>>
>>2916976
There's no way that's happening. Origins is brimming with "problematic" stuff. NuBioware would absolutely not give us a remake without censoring it to the point of it being unrecognizable.
>>
File: 1537064083363.jpg (321 KB, 782x788)
321 KB
321 KB JPG
>>2915035
>she
>>
>>2914166
>Dragon Age is my favorite series
Then you might like it since you like shit
>>2914174
Awakening was already pretty bad
>>
>>2914166
>Do you think that there’s a chance the game will pull itself together and be good?
Nope.
I enjoyed DAO.
Hated both DA2 and DAI.
Bioware's recent track record is atrocious.
The talented people have left the company.
Bioware is just a corpse propped up by EA's strings.

I wouldn't hold my breath, anon. Better to expect nothing and be surprised than expecting something good and being disappointed.
>>
>>2917807
Even then, if the writing behind Dragon Age: Absolution, the Netflix cartoon show, is anything to go by, be prepared for the biggest cringefest in gaming. It makes Andromeda look good, in comparison.
>>
>>2917933
>Dragon Age: Absolution
I don't think Bioware is a hotbed of talent, exactly, but as far as I'm aware that was entirely a contract job.
>>
>>2917970
From what I've read from the DA writing team, a lot of the choices, they were directly involved. And, especially, they must have signed off on everything involved with the writing.
>>
File: no.png (785 KB, 2115x1900)
785 KB
785 KB PNG
>>2914166
mfw

>>2914174
/thread
>>
>>2914198
because if you hype up mediocrity hard enough dumb people like OP will eat it up.
>>
>>2917995
It wouldn't surprise me, but just because they were in a supervisory capacity doesn't mean they were involved with the technical writing itself or the choices made beyond okaying things or not. The best writing in this entire setting was in a webgame of all things because Bioware engaged people who were actually talented to put it together for them.
>From what I've read from the DA writing team, a lot of the choices, they were directly involved.
Have you got anything I can read? It's surprisingly hard to find anything on this series beyond advertising PR.
>>
>>2914230
This is an American cope. White women have zero power or influence in gaming these days, it's trannies deputized by jews or straight up jews running the show.
>>
File: ppW_-8TxxWSl.jpg (51 KB, 396x594)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>2915628
>t.
>>
>>2915453
>hardcore Cringeomancy
Kek
>>2915480
>i have no idea what its like to be that weak
Oh you do
>>
>>2914166
Bro
It's dead
Maybe it can be revived once the political tides shift, because they always do, but who knows how long that is gonna take. Goes for everything else they killed too. It's not gonna be lost forever, just for the time being.
>>
File: 43.jpg (82 KB, 1280x720)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>2918324
That is reassuring.
>>
>>2914166
Setting the bar pretty low, aren't we?
>>
>>2918324
>Maybe it can be revived once the political tides shift, because they always do
TWO MORE WEEKS
>>
>>2918367
Nah just two more civil wars
>>
>>2918372
>people will eventually get tired of wokeshit eventually bro just trust me bro ignore all the events of 2020 bro and what it revealed about the absolute depths of cuckery and acceptance of corruption among normalfags
k
>>
>>2918378
People are already tired of wokeshit or do you see a single piece of woke media succeeding on anything but investor level
>>
>>2918398
People won't even admit what's wokeshit and what isn't. You're naive. Or do you think BLACK LIVES MATTER or TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS shit is actually unpopular? They might not actually like it but their lizard brain mechanisms will activate and defend it at the horrific thought of being labeled intolerant. Lip service is still service.
>>
>>2918423
They are afraid to say what they really think because they know what it will lead to, apparently it has to lead to that way for a while longer before the pot boils over
>>
>>2918438
The problem is it doesn't just affect what they don't do. It affects what they do. They actively champion for it when they're puppeteered to just to prevent the possibility of being labeled.
>>
>>2918378
Yes that shit will eventually end, everything ends
>>
>>2918324
>Maybe it can be revived once the political tides shift, because they always do
Nope
Whoever wins this century will never, ever lose power again. An advantage technology, propaganda and surveillance offers is unbeatable. Dissent is not possible anymore
>>
>>2916503
> their BIG modding scene keeping them alive
fucking kek, good bait
>>
>>2918515
Idk, what they are trying to do goes so hard against human nature that it just can't last
>>
>>2914166
No. BioWare is dead and is just a zombie being lugged around by EA
>>
>>2914273
>I thought there might be the slightest chance that Bioware would drop their political bullshit now that they're on the verge of shutting down.
If you think that the mere 'thought' of "We're flopping because of their political shoehorning!" would ever remotely cross their minds, then you are sadly mistaken.
No, if anything, they are probably thinking to themselves "Oh no, we weren't inclusive enough and didn't hit the demographic correctly!"
Hell, in a way, some of these faggots are a lot like you retards in that they honestly jerk off on the idea of pissing fags that browse this site. Difference is that they get some money out of it. Yeah, they'll get their studios shut down, but they know that they have their project out there and will eventually get hired into some other studio.
I'm sure in the BioWare mission board somewhere, their goals are trying to come up with some Neil drunkman/marvel movie/Rian Johnson TLJ/nuGod of War games level of BS that will make Fags here angry as a goal.
This may sound /pol/ schizo, but I do believe this is all a broad industry effort to convert the current demographic (white, conservative, right-wing, angry) to one that's broader (multiracial, liberal, left-wing, subservient) hence why you see fags constantly go 'video games aren't for me anymore'. It's a slow moving and slow burning movement, but one that they are committed to getting to happen. And more importantly, its one that the investors like purely b/c it looks like a bigger market.
So no, not even in their death throes will BioWare 'let go' of their political shoehorning, because I'm sure for many that are within the doors of that company, its not about the money, its about ''''representation'''' and the political posturing that they will put out.

A note about the show itself: I fucking hated the Quanri bitch the most. I DEFINITELY will skip the whole DA4 if she's in it
>>
>>2914273
>they should alienate their last playerbase
That would be retarded. If anything they should lean more into what they’ve become, cut 90% of their staff and just make rpgmaker Minotaur dating simulators
>>
>>2920313
Too niche. The playerbase they've been chasing barley exists despite what twitter would have you think.
>>
>>2920318
*barely
>>
File: 4bc.png (835 KB, 660x1242)
835 KB
835 KB PNG
>>2920309
Actually the suits in charge have shown signs of wanting to course correct and recapture old glory but they're so out of touch they don't see wokeshit as the threat to quality that it is. After Andromeda failed they told the Anthem team to make it "unmemeable" because the face is tired meme hit them hard. After Anthem failed they reset DA4 to make it single player only because they finally saw shoehorned multiplayer damaging the brand. But they just absolutely refuse or are blind to the rainbow haired faggotry driving people away. It's retarded.
>>
File: vetra.png (1.01 MB, 732x682)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
>>2915467
>>2915486
Difference between Blizzard and BioWare is that for one: BioWare wanted to be the next Blizzard.
You can't tell me that their trying to make SWTOR wasn't a step towards them wanting some of the MMO pie that was on everyone's mind during that time. and during those years, they definitely had a sizable fanbase of BioDrones that thought they could do no wrong. The 3 main things that fucked them up on their dream was the EA purchase, SWTOR's engine choice, Mass Effect 3's ending.
The purchase stymied growth potential and made them more adherent to publisher demands
SWTOR crap engine became the crux of many of the game's issues and led to the f2p model (while yes its made a lot of money over the years out of whales, it doesn't garner remotely the same hype as games like FFXIV or WoW)
And the Mass Effect 3 ending basically CRUSHED people's faith in them being able to deliver from that point on
(runner up would be Dragon Age 2, though I look at that game more as an early indicator of what was to come, rather than a main company spoiler)
Anthem and Andromeda were definitely an indicator that they got STUPID lucky with Dragon Age Inquisition and that their 'BioWare Magic' worked for them for that project, but sizzled the fuck out on those two. Honestly, as a fag that was playing SWTOR around the time Anthem was being announced, I and the players playing could tell you that Anthem was going to be a complete dunce, b/c even at the height of them paying attention to their online game swtor, they were complete idiots with it.

I think the saddest thing I've come to realize too is that there has basically been a generation+ that's been around that just didn't get to see what BioWare once as the Western RPG making titans as they once were. There was a time when they were just shooting out good game after good game (kotor, jade empire, ME1, Dragon Age) but in a 10 year game period, they just kinda been... 'floundered' around.
>>
>>2920352
That's exactly what I mean. The thought of their failure being something about 'wokeshit' isn't going to ever cross their minds.
But It IS good that they are discarding the multiplayer BS. They were never good with it
>but mass effect 3
They were never good with it
>>
>>2920360
What I mean is it's not done on purpose to drive away customers at least for the suits. They're just dumb boomers that don't understand what the problem is or misattribute it to some other dumb boomer reason with dumb boomer logic.
>>
>>2914166
It's absolutely crazy to think that Inquisition was the last good BioWare game. Yes yes I know it's not cool to like it, fuck you.
But they've only made Andromeda, which was apparently a Dragon Age 2 tier dumpster fire, and Anthem, some shovelware MMO.
>>
>>2920354
They never made RPGs but they were pretty good at making them look like one.
>>
>>2915019
Why the fuck are all the people involved in Dragon Age so batshit insane?
>>
>>2920309
>This may sound /pol/ schizo, but I do believe this is all a broad industry effort to convert the current demographic (white, conservative, right-wing, angry) to one that's broader (multiracial, liberal, left-wing, subservient) hence why you see fags constantly go 'video games aren't for me anymore'. It's a slow moving and slow burning movement, but one that they are committed to getting to happen. And more importantly, its one that the investors like purely b/c it looks like a bigger market.
Yeah whatever you do don't notice decades of trying to get rid of white people so they can market garbage to dumb third worlders more easily. You wouldn't want to sound like the white internment camp board.
>>
>>2920352
>After Andromeda failed they told the Anthem team to make it "unmemeable" because the face is tired meme hit them hard.
What the fuck are you on about lol, who ever paid attention to a throwaway meme like that?
Anthem was hilariously generic enough to where I kind of believe it though. The most boring thing ever after Destiny. Do they really believe stuffing everyone in robot suits is the only way forward?
>>
File: 156516165.jpg (38 KB, 620x500)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>2920898
>>
>>2920354
They had no chance after Lucas ruined SW in the first place. KOTOR was always a better pair of stories than anything in the movies. The wokeshit was like 100 nails in that coffin at once. I don't blame the founders for fucking off to make beer or w/e they were smart men and saw all the handwriting on all the walls.

ME was always a knockoff of SW trying to replace the mystical bits with military jingoism. It worked somewhat.
>>
>>2920948
>"One mandate from Anthem’s directors had been to make the game “unmemeable,” a reaction to Mass Effect: Andromeda‘s jittery facial animations, which became an internet joke in the days leading up to that game’s release."
Not joking.
>>
>>2920898
Fucking kek.
>>
>>2920898
Lmao sound like something someone here would come up with
>>
>>2920352
>But they just absolutely refuse or are blind to the rainbow haired faggotry driving people away. It's retarded.
They're not blind, putting this shit in gets them more investment dollars from Blackrock, State Street and Vanguard than they lose by you closing your wallet. Plus many of them are actual true believers, and they're willing to crash projects with no survivors in order to create the world they envision.
>>
>>2921216
Because men will always be men.
>>
>>2914166
>o you think that there’s a chance the game will pull itself together and be good?
i mean anythings possible but i wouldnt bet on it
>>
>>2914166
>God I want BioWare to be good again
They won't be. It's a completely different company now, they're not hiring people 'to make good games' but people who fill their checkboxes, people with particular values or from particular backgrounds. And not just that, but they're doing so with shit hours and pay, you have to be an idiot to go do video games as a grunt employee nowadays.
>>
Does the “woke shit” actually effect if you all enjoy a game? I feel like you can just ignore it no?
>>
>>2922642
the amount you tolerate depends on how good everything else is. if it’s a mediocre game that exists mostly as a vehicle for pederast propaganda, I have other things I rather do.
>>
>>2922642
Yes, because the wokeshit undermines and distracts from the rest of the work; you're pulled out of the world by its artifice and made conscious of the author's bias, and then have to reconcile with the fact that they felt inflicting that shit on you was more important than the integrity of the world you paid money & time to get invested in.
>>
>>2922642
Depends on how in your face it is. What's frustrating is that gaming has got to a point where you can't ignore it since it's in every game now.
>>
>>2914166

As long as most of the devs are millenials, it won't be. You need old white men who don't care about social justice and who enjoy putting in hot babes with nice tits and lots of violence. At best, you might get a new Dragon Age game that has serviceable combat and a story with only 2 LGBT characters that attempt to romance you. At worst, you'll get a combat skip button designed by Jennifer Hepler and a non-binary gender selection option in character creation.
>>
>>2914166
It's gonna be like Saint's Row, however bad you imagine it could be today you will still be blown away by how bad it is at release
>>
File: Zzdc7.png (177 KB, 432x415)
177 KB
177 KB PNG
>>2914166
the new dragon age animation has

>majority black/brown main characters
>majority gay cast
>dialogue is shit
>story is clearly an afterthought

this game will be made with certain audience in mind, tick boxes and flowery words about equity will be done. The story will be an afterthought.
>>
>>2914166
I think the game has potential since we know nothing about it other than it's in tevinter and Solas is the antagonist. Bioware desperately needs something that isn't a dumpster fire. I'll remain moderately optimistic that the game will be somewhat good.
>>
>>2914174
Damn, I came in here to say this
>>
There is literally one good Dragon Age game worth playing, and its 14 years old, and almost all the people who worked on it no longer are with Bioware, how the fuck can people have hope for the new one? It blows my mind. How many people on the DA4 team have even played DA:O?
>>
>>2922845
>didn't mention that the villains are white males

im disappointed in 4channel
>>
>>2922869
Delusional
>>
BioWare needs a hit otherwise they're at severe risk of being dissolved. EA will not tolerate another failure like Andromeda or Anthem, both went through development hell and lost them millions of dollars. They just can't coax off of their name anymore, which they have done for over a decade. Now, the RPG market has completely changed. Not only has there been the CRPG revival completely superseding the traditional DnD focused and choice/consequences gameplay BioWare used to champion, but even the Triple-A market is saturated with competition by Bethesda, Obsidian, FromSoft and CDProjektRed (not making a statement on the quality of these developers, just purely looking at it from a market reach perspective).

I'm not going to parrot the narrative in this thread that it's doomed because 'muh SJWs' and propaganda (although that is a material factor and has been proven to alienate people). No doubt there are people at BioWare and EA who are aware of how fucked they are if this doesn't turn out well, and I think EA is going to be more hawkish and the Kotor remake restructuring is proof that EA isn't fucking around anymore, there's just too much competition. Does that mean the game will be good? Fuck no. It will be a safe follow up to Inquisition with the same derivative gameplay and they'll probably market the romance stuff very hard to appeal to their already established consumer base.
>>
>>2922985
How can you even believe this after the gay ass spinoff show and the psychotic troon they put in charge of the game? What makes you think they're prioritizing a return to form? Nothing supports that. They're tripling down on wokeshit which is a conclusion that is supported and plain to see.
>>
>>2922991
I didn't say any of those things, you're basing the entire quality of the game on one person and this is a project that probably has hundreds of millions of dollars invested into it. I didn't deny that there would be wokeshit.
>What makes you think they're prioritizing a return to form?
I didn't say that, I said EA would be more hands on and demanding because they want a return on investment after a series of failures by the developer.

Also, keep in mind that the trans/race issues are divisive but can be mostly ignored by normies who just don't care about politics and just live in the Matrix. This Chinese basket-weaving forum is an echochamber, like it or not. If it does go too far, then it will be made a laughingstock and will probably be critiqued by the very people they're trying to pander to anyway.
>>
>>2914166
I hope so anon but given how long it has taken to make and the constant changes at BioWare I doubt it.
>>
>>2922996
>you're basing the entire quality of the game on one person
Yes the game director is just one person. The janitor is just one person. They're both just one person each which means they're equally responsible for the quality of the game. It all adds up.
>>
File: 1611935110298.jpg (58 KB, 644x652)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>2914166
How can it be you fav series when they only good game was Origins at even that was just 7/10.
>>
>>2922823
>At worst, you'll get a combat skip button designed by Jennifer Hepler
Honestly, I think it would help DA2. The game would still be very bad but at least it would be shorter.
>>
>>2923089
Just realised to add to all the other documented failures of Hawke you can now add Meredith to the list.
>>
>>2923093
>failures of Hawke
Did he do anything well? Aside from surviving, that is.
>>
File: 1673622365344706.jpg (71 KB, 1351x939)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>2923094
>surviving
>>
File: da2 flemeth.jpg (75 KB, 640x480)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
I hate how they can't be assed to make all of the protagonists appear in the story and be relevant because it would be too much effort. It feels so unsatisfying, it would have been cool if 2 were just an origin spin-off for Hawke, who would then join the returning Warden MC as a party member in the third game or something like that.
Speaking of which, do we know who/what the DA4 main guy is supposed to be?
>>
>>2923125
>Speaking of which, do we know who/what the DA4 main guy is supposed to be?
Current theory is a Lord of Fortune.
>>
>>2914166
>dragon age 2 was bad
>dragon age inquisition was even worse somehow
>mass effect 3 was shit
>mass effect andromeda was worse than shit
>anthem, lol.

No OP, it won't be good. Their last decent game was Mass Effect 2. That was released in 2010, 13 years ago.
>>
>>2914220
>>2914868
Listen retards, I can clearly tell you've never played Spiders games before.

Bound By Flame was actually their first attempt to make a bioware golden era style RPG, and it sucked massive dick. The only thing it got right was the soundtrack.

Greedfall was a tremendous improvement, though it still fell short.

I WOULD say that you should have high hopes for Greedfall 2 since they've been improving so much game to game, but they got bought out in 2019 so who knows.
>>
>>2922642
Yes because it keeps me from enjoying games. I play rpgs for mechanics, the story and the characters, 2 out of 3 of those things can be completely ruined by zoomer sjw shit tier writing.
>>
>>2922642
Yes. One of the big appeals of origins and even 2 to an extent was that it was dark, gritty and even edgy at times. That appeal is now completely destroyed, I can't just ignore that.
>>
>>2923230
its millennials bro, zoomers don't play rpgs
>>
>>2923130
Who is the lord of fortune? Please explain the theory?
>>
>>2923549
They're a guild of elite treasure hunters originally from Rivain, same place Isabella is from. That's about it so far even in the expanded universe. They'll probably get more substantial lore in the game if that theory is true. It fits the early trailer with Varric saying (paraphrased) you're a new kind of hero that gets by on skill instead of prophecies or macguffins.
>>
>>2923563
>It fits the early trailer with Varric saying (paraphrased) you're a new kind of hero that gets by on skill instead of prophecies or macguffins.
Did DA:O and 2's protags have prophecies or macguffins? Origins was just a random grey warden and 2's was a random opportunistic refugee.
>>
>>2923790
I understand but it's what the trailer said.
https://youtu.be/W7x685DxMcw

For what it's worth Grey Wardens were a big deal before Inquisition made them look utterly incompetent. Hawke was also likely originally meant to be more impressive than he turned out. You can see hints of it in the old DA2 cinematic Blur trailer.
https://youtu.be/S2eLSRZYoBs

>hawke
>changing the world
Heh
>>
>>2914166
Luckily my Warden and his witchwife will watch the IP burn from afar
>>
>>2923790
> Did DA:O and 2's protags have prophecies or macguffins?

Tbf all of your companions are interesting and plot moving people. Like the odds of your companion being the future king? Or the one who destroys the chantry? Maybe they mean everyone is more normal.
>>
File: 1656605978673.png (97 KB, 659x745)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
>>2922985
I'd like to point out a few things.
First, we know what it costs to make a game. Every Bioware game made in 18 months had a budget of roughly $50m in dev and another $50m in marketing. Because that's how you sell a game; with equal money in marketing. We expect Dread Wolf to be out in 2024. My guess is Q2. So far, we've not had any financial guidance by EA that puts DA4 as a FY 2024 title. Just an FYI, EA's Fiscal Year 2024 ends in Q1 of 2024. Which means, best case scenario, Dread Wolf releases at the earliest expected possible, which is Q2 2024. That puts it at around 3 months and a whole 5 years after Anthem. 5 years have 60 months and every 18 months of Bioware development cost EA $50 million. So at best case 63 months of dev time. Estimate would put it at $175 million. Unless EA is willing to kill the game and just drop it with zero marketing, the standard business model dictates that EA is going to invest another $175 in a marketing campaign. At least. So this puts the game in the $350m budget range. Selling 100% digital only, this game will need to sell 6 million copies just to break even. Does anyone believe that a Bioware game can sell 6 million copies at launch? You have to keep in mind, the majority of this game, much like Absolution, was made during the height of the SJW era. During the pandemic, the "summer of love" etc. And it is going to heavily reflect on those ideals.
Secondly, Bioware Edmonton is just ~120 people. With Austin being another ~50. People leave Bioware all the time as well, so current numbers may be even lower. There's around 30 people in Edmonton working on DA, on the senior positions. For the sole reason that these are the last people left working at Bioware. Everyone else either left, or was pushed out. The people actually working on the game, are contractor studios around Edmonton that, if you recall, unionized because of how bad it was to work under Bioware.
>>
File: 1654522726640.png (515 KB, 563x960)
515 KB
515 KB PNG
>>2923994
The point is, the people in charge, are the kind of people that sign off on a lot of things. Like Dragon Age: Absolution. They didn't write it, no. But they did sign off on it. Gay agenda? check! Diversity and inclusion? Check. Style and dialogue? Check and check. Dread Wolf isn't going to be just like Absolution, no. But it will be in the same vein and brand as Absolution. You have been warned.
You can think that this is their last chance and that they're somehow going to tone it down, and make it like this, or like that. It's just not true, though. This is what they want to make, and that's what they're going to do. The problem starts with them thinking that this is what their audience wants. No matter how many “Ride the Bull” T-Shirts they sell to their LGBTQ+ fans, this game isn't making its money back. This isn't going to bring Bioware back to the glory days, this will not redeem Bioware. Because nobody left working at Bioware wants to make games like Bioware use to. I know that I sound like pretty much every one else in here, but there's a reason why people say these things; because that's what the current people working at Bioware think is good.
>>
>>2924002
BioWare is literally a zombie company being controlled by ESG. They will go down with massive faggot screeching.
>>
>>2924003
This isn't ESG. Bioware was infiltrated, dismantled and taken over from the inside. And it's not that Bioware ever pushed any particular rhetoric towards the right. They were always leftist. It's just that they were never this antagonistically and extremist leftist, to put people off. They made a game choke full of Asians and people loved it. It didn't sell well, but Jade Empire's fans love the game. And while I guess the same could be said from Andromeda's fans, it can't be said that it was a good game. Meanwhile, Jade Empire is a legitimate good game. Not a great game, not a 9/10, but a solid 8/10. Andromeda is a 6/10.
>>
>>2923994
Is this also still a forced Frostbite game? Or did they switch to Unreal already? I can't even keep track anymore.
>>
>>2924022
No, no. Dread Wolf is still on Frostbite.
>>
>>2923994
>adds retailer cut on top of platform cut
dumb retard
>>
>>2924041
You pay the platform cut, or the game isn't on the platform.
>>
>>2924011
Aren't diversity hires another ESG thing? That's what ruined them
>>
>>2924058
If you look at it, most are straight white males. What I find specifically egregious is Jon Epler. Who is basically Hassan Piker, but working at Bioware. The man that was condemning crunch at Bioware, while being a project lead on the game, he was bitching about crunch. Which is peak hypocrisy.
>>
>>2924011
It's both. ESG shekels help soften the blow and makes you a good goyim who can loan more shekels as long as it goes into niggerfaggot propaganda.
>>
>>2924064
Those are demoralized soi cucks, not white males.
>>
>>2923994
>Unless EA is willing to kill the game and just drop it with zero marketing, the standard business model dictates that EA is going to invest another $175 in a marketing campaign

Okay this logic doesn’t make sense. The standard marketing cost is the same as the game making cost because the game making cost tends to be $50 million. They don’t have to, and I don’t think they will, over market the game.
>>
>>2924120
>The standard marketing cost is the same as the game making cost because the game making cost tends to be $50 million
I estimate the game's making cost to be in the $175 million range. Which is why it is taking it more than 4 years to make.
>>
>>2924090
Eventually, you're going to have to pay that money back. Also
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/european-parliament-votes-to-take-action-against-loot-boxes-gaming-addiction-gold-farming-and-more
FIFA money has a good chance of drying up, soon.
>>
>>2924011
>This isn't ESG. Bioware was infiltrated, dismantled and taken over from the inside
Nah that's a bit too complicated.

What actually happened was that Bioware's two founders made the game they always wanted to make - Jade Empire, then they sold the company to EA, said 'fuck you we're out' and the company went to shit without the two of them there to do tard wrangling.
>>
>>2924200
It's only "too complicated" if you think infiltrated means some elaborate James Bond espionage shit. All it means is cattle brained leftists in the company hired their cattle brained leftist friends and pushed out anyone they found "problematic" for years and years. Same thing with academia. Same thing with the rest of the entertainment industry.
>>
>>2924125
Not disagreeing with your initial investment cost, but marketing isn’t going to necessarily equal that.
>>
>>2924426
You put as much money to marketing, as you do to make the game. That's how it has always been. You're not dumping this game with a $50m marketing campaign. You still need to sell 4 million copies of Dread Wolf, at $225m, just to break even. You're not hitting that with a $50 million marketing campaign for a Bioware game.
This game is lost money, either way, though. So do whatever. Hell, make it a $25m campaign. They will still need to sell 4 million copies to break even.
>>
Gonna be fascinating to see if they ditch an pretence of being a crpg altogether, or if they try to court some old skool love from the Critical Role/ Larian type of audience. I'd imagine if they tried to go full action rpg they'd fuck it up, as well as losing the comfy party dynamics and that would even piss off the tumblr audience? Or maybe EA have seen the Elden Ring $$$ and just want that?
>>
>>2923994
>70$ for triple Pozshit
lel piracy it is
>>
>>2914166
gee I dunno anon the last few games were shit. why would this one be good?
>>
>>2922642
For me? No. I can deal with it if the game is good
>>
>>2922985
>Not only has there been the CRPG revival
god, don't remind me...
>>
>>2925119
All of them were good except pillars of shit 2
>>
>>2915035
Why are you calling him a she
>>
>>2915495
I really don't give a shit how woke it is unless the gameplay is fun and I can wear tricorns and wield flintlocks
>>
>one mediocre game
>shit ever since
Why are people hyped about dragon age of all things? I guess if the games were shorter it would be a decent dating sim but as it stands it's not even worth playing it for that.
>>
>>2914166
No, impossible.
>>
File: 1662748614983636.jpg (39 KB, 600x557)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>2927425
>dating sim
>decent
>>
File: 2s0zkzk.jpg (229 KB, 960x540)
229 KB
229 KB JPG
>>2915035
>she
>>
File: Vomiting.png (16 KB, 212x212)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>>2920898
>>
File: DA4 Rad.png (602 KB, 1444x926)
602 KB
602 KB PNG
>>2915019
>>
>>2927443
There are good dating sims out there - Turgor, for example.
>>
Mac Walters just left too, that's another Bioware veteran who nope'd the fuck out and left the studio. This game is going to be a disaster.
>>
>>2928520
>Mac Walters
>check dates
>An hour ago
Jesus fuck what the fuck is going on at Bioware? Besides the normal people having to walk around on eggshells because of the trans dude and sjws there in general. Is it that? He didn't even stay until the game released to leave/
>>
>>2928184
i hope this goes well
>>
>>2915045
>>2915019
>sims tranny
lmao.

how are there any even biodrones left to cope hope on this board?

admit that its over.
>>
>>2928520
>>2928537
He was working on Dread Wolf!
Dude … this is going to be so abysmally bad. I can taste it.
>>
>>2928537
>Besides the normal people having to walk around on eggshells because of the trans dude and sjws there in general.
What normal people? They all are trannies or trannylovers. Anyone remotely normal left or was kicked years ago.
>>
>>2914166
Would ME:A be good if it came out polished?
>>
>>2928597
No. The dialogue was so shit I uninstalled after 30 minutes.
>>
>>2914166
Male MCs will only have 2 romance options, and they're both men. Also the mommy quinari and the hot mage chick will be lesbian. Expect a tranny character too. Female MCs will have all the rest as LIs because women are badass!!!11!!111.
>>
>>2928628
At this point I'll be surprised if this isn't the case.
>>
>>2928679
The transfag would do that just to be spiteful. He seems like those types.
>>
>>2914198
Why would you not want more good videogames to come out?
>>
>>2928628
>>2928679
>>2928683
>Dragon Age: Inquisition restricts romances on race and gender
>Snowflakes don't likey, they make a mod to turn Cullen gay
>Hall of fame on nexus

>Dragqueen Age: Deadname restricts romances on race and gender
>Straight players don't likey, they make a mod to turn a lesbian straight
>Permabanned on nexus, vice dot com writes an article about how authors of the mod should be crucified
>>
File: 1673796299380940.png (115 KB, 396x385)
115 KB
115 KB PNG
>>2928686
>Straight players
>playing Dragon Age
>>
>>2928686
Kek reminds me of an article screeching about a mod that turned one of the black characters white in inquisition.
>>
>hello 4channelers, you want to hear something controversial?
>dragon age 4 is going to be really gay, you shocked, and upset? Probably should go talk to your friends at how shocking and interesting dragon age 4 is going to be!
>>
>>2928697
I just wanna romance my husbando Varric
>>
>>2928700
no can do you filthy shotacon
>>
>>2928701
Your time is over Gayder
I will fugg the dwarf
>>
>>2928520
>>2928537
In fairness Mac Walters is the same fucking fag that pushed ME3's retarded MUH ARTISTIC INTEGRITY ending that sunk the franchise. I don't care if he's a veteran he was a cunt.
>>
File: 1490417251456.jpg (155 KB, 800x600)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>>2928693
This was just a shitpost I think
>>
>>2928712
>DORIAN FIX (fixes male-male dorian bug)
>chuckle.wav
>>
>>2928708
The problem is that is like the 4th people in that position who left.
Is telling all of us that this gameis going to be a trainwreck
>>
>>2928712
The fact they bitched about it makes it even funnier then.
>>
>>2928693
>>2928712
It was a 4chan shitpost that involved almost all the cast being made blonde and white and much better looking.

The bioware forums had a massive meltdown over it.

I remember this because helping the retards from 4chan shitpost the images everywhere is what got my old forum account there banned, though, I didn't care at that point after da2. The Bioware forums died shortly afterwards anyways.
>>
File: josephine.jpg (190 KB, 998x534)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
>>2928745
There was a white josephine, dorian, vivienne and blackwall + cassandra I think.

I can't find the images for the latter two.
>>
>>2928748
Josie looks pretty here. Do you have more of her images?
>>
>>2914166
You can bet it will be twice as pozzed as cisquisition.
>>
>>2928686
This double standard DID happen back when the game released. There was a Bi Cassandra mod that released because faggots were seething that she was straight and the mod was celebrated. Then someone made a similar mod for Sera (probably for shitposting purposes because I can't imagine any wanting to actual fuck that creature) and it got the tumblr crowd riled up. Mind you this was in 2015-16. If it happened today the hypocrisy would be even more extreme.
>>
>>2928982
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW0zpiFg-Bk
Twice isn't even close.
>>
>>2914220
Greedfall was ok for what it was but I have hole for the sequel since Spider's quality usual jumps massively game to game. Their new souls like looks decent but that's quite a departure from their usual style so no wonder it bombed
>>
>>2922985
>Not only has there been the CRPG revival completely superseding the traditional DnD focused and choice/consequences gameplay BioWare used to champion
Nigga what, if anything CRPGs are a closer form of what D&D and table top RPGs are .
>>
>>2930104
Nice bait nigger. Poser board is this way >>>/v/
>>
>>2930108
Nice deflection faggot now tell me how CRPGs aren't a closer form to what D&D is when the game that debatably defined that genre was Baldur's Gate a game based and AD&Ds ruleset and the D&D setting of Faerun?
>>
>>2930110
Because it's shit and completely misses the point of TTRPGs. cuck"RPGs" are not true RPGs. Reroll your life.
>>
>>2929434
Whatever happened to "Dwarf fucking is pedophilia" ?! This nig can smack lips with them but I can't tap Scout Harris or whatever her name is?
>>
>>2930189
That dwarf has a beard. That's not pedophilia.
>>
>>2930133
I never said CRPGs where anywhere near as good of an experience as actual table top. What in your mongoloid opinion is a true RPG then?
>>
>>2930098
This.

Greedfall was infinitely better than Bound by Flame.
>>
>>2930189
That was just Gaider's opinion and he doesn't even work for Bioware anymore.
>>
File: bioware masterpiece.jpg (201 KB, 1280x720)
201 KB
201 KB JPG
>>2930386
>>
>>2930386
Ask your sodomite partner, tourist faggot. Stay unwashed.
>>
It's going to be another Saint's Row reboot or Forspoken, like Anthem and Andromeda were. The only people left in these companies are desperate peter principle and nepotism hires trying to wring out one last month of pay before the end.
>>
>>2930535
>Comes into a thread spouting nonsense
>When pressed on his nonsense he freaks out and spews more nonsense, calls people tourists.
>When further questioned on his stupidity
and asked to elaborate on his shit takes his reply is response instead is to call people can and assume some form of higher authority than others.
Textbook low IQ responses from a narcissist. I wonder what he'll say next. And people wonder why video games and RPGs are dead.
>>
>>2930583
Neither of those projects had four directors resign anon. In all likelihood this'll end up getting fobbed to another team and delayed for another half decade.
>>
>>2930189
Gaider explained later on that the dwarf thing was a joke, which would be reasonably obvious given that even if you can't romance a dwarf in DA:O, you can BE one and see romance scenes play out anyway, same as in DA:I.

From what I understand, they probably just didn't have dwarven companion romances is because bioware is lazy and they didn't want to have to deal with more height difference animation shit. It's clear enough in DA:I with how lazy they were with the dwarf MC romances (like the female dwarf just inexplicably standing on a box during some make-out scenes) that they really didn't want to 'waste time' on that shit.
>>
>>2930616
You're projecting very hard. You should quit while you're ahead.
>>
>>2914174
/thread
>>
>>2914174
Wasn't a big fan of awakening either.The talking darkspawn plot was stupid.
>>
>>2930450
No sex scenes your shit opinion is discarded
>>
>>2928748
Inquisition's faces are so gonky you can race swap and it will look seamless
>>
>>2928184
>>
>>2930868
What, with the kids? Steam doesn’t allow that.
>>
>>2930779
Yeah but huge titty elf companion
>>
>>2930879
You almost got my hopes up.
Almost.
>>
>>2930879
Kek
>>
>>2928748
But Blackwall and Cassandra are White?
>>
>>2931103
> But Blackwall and Cassandra are White?

Not white enough apparently
>>
>>2931103
Yeah they made cassandra cuter and got rid of the man jaw. Blackwall was of course made blonde.
>>
>>2914166
No thus I can't be disappointed that way only impressed. I hope its more like the first game and gives more power slots then DAI. I'd also like it if I have more options then be a asshole, sarcastic, and a pussy I want to kill a bunch of people with werewolfs.
>>
>>2915467
>I wonder why does EA even keep them around at this point.
Because EA is the reason Bioware crashed so hard. You can even see it, with Dragon Age Origins starting to get the shitty DLC, and Awakening being underwhelming (though still fun because it's Origins).
>>
>>2914198
>why would you want good video games when you could be an eternal pessimist like me
>>
>>2914166
Absolutely not. It will be ultra progressive and have any strategy or tactical elements replaced with and romance/farming Sim.
>>
>>2928748
This is some exceptionally fine fuck EA work but you still have to put up with EA's shitty launcher scheme to play it.
>>
>>2914166
even origins was barely a good game

no fucking way this will be good
>>
>>2934254
I don't think sitting around hoping some derelict tombstone like Biowoke stops the propaganda and cheapest immigrant hiring is healthy either.
>>
>>2914166
If you try to search the internet for something like a DA community, literally ALL you find are rainbows and trannies. All of it. That is the audience now and that is also the audience the cartoon was for and it will be audience the game will be for.
>>
I'm going through the series and Inquisition is so bland, I'm even missing my merry band of retards and edgelords from 2. It feels like a game from a completely different franchise
>>
>>2935229
>It feels like a game from a completely different franchise
DA2 feels like a completely different franchise than DAO and DAA.
>>
>>2935330
To be fair they wanted the games to be very different. Not that I think that's a good thing but they really were against calling it DA2 because it implies that you can expect more of what you got in the first game. They had to call it that because the suits insisted on it
>>
>>2935340
It doesn't matter if they wanted to call it Dragon Age 2, Dragon Age Exodus, or even Dragon Age Smelly Butthole. It was still supposed to be an RPG set in Thedas, during the Age of Dragon. It's not the issue of the name but the tone of the game.
>>
>>2935340
>>2935344
I dunno, I could see Origins and 2 being set in the same world, but with each game the series seems to drift further and further apart from the original tone and look. Dreadwolf will probably be even weirder because from the concept art they seem to be going with a steampunk atmosphere for the Fun Wizardlord Slavery World
>>
>>2928628
>Altair is now in a dragon age game
>>
>>2929013
Happens all the time on the Nexus with TES mods.
>>
>>2935355
>I dunno, I could see Origins and 2 being set in the same world
I don't.
>>
>>2914166
It's unreal how little we know about this game still. Why are they scared to show it?
>>
>>2936451
Because they know it is a steaming piece of turd.
>>
>>2936451

>Reactionaries screaming about how woke it is
>Critical Role pandering.jpg

Looking at what EA has been doing, it is going to be the kind of game lvies and dies by how well the Critical Role Fanbase is going to eat it up.
>>
>>2924022
>>2924040
They need frostbyte to blame the emgine for their incompetence.
If they used UE people it would be only a less buggy but still a disaster
>>
>>2930927
Its been over a decade since the game came out and this is the first time I realized she was a potential companion. I killed her every single fucking time and must have done so before there was even an obvious companion dialogue tree. Damn
>>
>>2937260
>If they used UE people it would be only a less buggy but still a disaster
They're making the next ME in UE5.
But you are right. It won't save the writing, or make the new characters better.
>>
>faggots claiming EA is responsible for the downfall of Bioware.
EA accelerated the process, nothing more. DA:O was only remembered as good because at the 2000's had blueballed crpg players hard.
Bioware always had the seeds of pozz within them, and would have ended up to where they are today regardless. Look at Obsidian and the mediocre piece of shit that is Outer Worlds.
No, anons, for better or worse Owlcat and Larian are alone when it comes to wprg, and that's all there is to it.
>>
>>2937721
>Owlcat
>not pozzed
>>
>>2937727
Not nearly as much as Bioware, no. And Larian isn't entirely free from pozz, even though in their case it's mostly their writing which is greatly burdened by them being Belgian.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.