[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 85 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: url.jpg (196 KB, 1280x720)
196 KB
196 KB JPG
Harvest Moon is getting another remake, A Wonderful Life. What are your top 3 Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons games and do you want to see any more remakes?
>>
>>2901183
It's not an RPG.
>>
>getting hyped about harvest moon after souldew valley
Nope don't care
>>
>>2901228
Natsume remakes are soulful as fuck.
A shame they don't have the rights of Harvest Moon
>>
>character customization
>farm customization
>not being limited to planting on 3x3 blocks at a certain location
>mining and fishing worthwhile
>characters say more than 1-2 lines for each friendship level
Basically all the stuff SDV showed us could be done with a game like this. Hopefully they've learned from it somewhat.
>>
>>2901231
The fomt remake was incredibly soulless and low effort. This one looks better though even if I wish everything wasn't so bright
>>
>>2901183
Top three favorites: 64, HoLV, 3oT.
Most desired remake: Actually AWL. I hope it adds a lot of new content to fill out the game after Chapter 1. It's a shame that it's not getting all of the DS content, but DS technically doesn't take place in the same time period and isn't supposed to be the same game.
After AWL, I'd prefer an all new entry, rather than another remake. No game needed it as much as AWL.
>>
>>2901294
I liked Stardew Valley, but didn't like any of the characters. I agree that the ones in SoS could use some work too though.

>not being limited to planting on 3x3 blocks at a certain location
You aren't in some of the games. The latest, Pioneers of Olive Town allows tilling anywhere on the farm.

>mining and fishing worthwhile
I feel like mining has been important in most of the games, since upgrading your tools often (always?) required metals. Fishing could be better, but not sure how. Don't recall fishing much in SDV, but it's been a few years.

>>2901588
I'm actually really glad about AWL too. Something about it just got the atmosphere right. It's one of those titles I think about playing a lot, but end up dropping again quickly. Modernised controls would help. Just doesn't look like we're getting those. In the trailers, you could still only water one tile per action, for example. I'm also worried that it's looking a lot like the recent pastel, flat-looking titles.

>3oT
Glad to see I'm not the only one. Even compared to PoOT it seems really full of content and with clear progression that takes a while. PoOT's town development tasks are laughably easy so far. Glad to see the games on PC finally, but they've not put their best foot forward yet imo.
>>
I'd really like a remake of Save the Homeland. I liked a lot of it, it seemed to be the most radical shift in the series until Rune Factory and it's just a weird, janky HM game.
>>
>>2901650
Hero of Leaf Valley exists.
>>
>>2901300
What was the FoMT remake missing from the original?
>>
>>2901228
Stardew Valley gets btfo by Rune Factory
>>
>>2902153
Sprites. That's the only thing of value that left. Anyone who calls it soulless is just a shitposter or nostalgiafag. The remake offers a much smoother gameplay experience, a better localization, more features, and gives the Mineral Town cast their own characters designs which they should have had from the start.
>>
File: bokumono waifu template.png (850 KB, 1910x1100)
850 KB
850 KB PNG
Updated and future-proofed the chart.
I wonder if players are expecting to pick the same waifu in AWL again, or choose a different one.
>>
Has anyone played the Natsume Harvest Moon games after the split? The first one looked really terrible, mobage tier. After that I stopped following them.

>>2902324
Interesting. I have it on Steam, but haven't had time to play it yet. Will give it a spin sometime.
>>
>>2902341
I havent played the Natsume-made games myself, but I've heard nothing but bad things about them. One game got some "not horrible, just mediocre" reviews, but that's not enough to make me interested. The games are all hideous, and the quality of Natsume's localization leaves no faith in their ability to write or code.
>>
>>2902346
Shame, but unsurprising.
>>
>>2902165
In what way?
Stardew Valley has 131x more active players
Stardew Valley has gotten 41 new mods this week while Rune Factory 2 this month and they werent even good mods that add anything to the game it was just a mod that changes the noise cicada's make and another that slightly changed how you place furniture.
Stardew Valley has more soulful look with its pixel art graphics instead of generic anime 3d game from ps3 of Rune Factory 5.
Stardew Valley has more intresting characters and world that have people coming back for 8 years and keep bringing new players in breaking its old all-time peak while Rune Factory is months after launch and any discussion araund it died and 80% of the playerbase left to go play something better.
>>
>>2901657
I did not know about it. I will actually check it out, how different is it?
>>
>>2902401
Changes off the top of my head:
>you can keep playing past the "ending"
>you can marry any of the original girls or three newly added ones
>a few new non-marriageble characters have been added
>town layout has changed, added new areas/buildings
>festivals added
>there are new "endings" and chains of events to experience
I'm fairly sure there are additional crops and animals too, although farming is still not the primary focus of this entry.
HoLV is very satisfying, character-driven Bokumono experience, imo. It's one of my all-time favorites in the series, even as a big fan of the original.
>>
>>2901231
>Natsume remakes are soulful as fuck
What the fuck am I reading
>>
Just started a new save of Trio of Towns on Citra, can't be arsed with my 3DS anymore. Damn, the start is especially slow. No stamina, expensive ass animals. Need to get a cow or something, get some regular income aside from crops. Farming is hard, lads.
>>
>>2901183
Innocent Life.
>>
>>2902566
What would you want from an Innocent Life remake?
>>
File: Untitled.png (859 KB, 1910x1100)
859 KB
859 KB PNG
>>2902331
It's the only one I've played
>>
are the sos's on stim worth it? theyre on sale
>>
>>2901228
>stardew valley
>soulful
Stardew Valley is literally generic brand Harvest Moon FoMT are you serious
>>
>>2902396
quality
>>
File: cody.png (522 KB, 854x978)
522 KB
522 KB PNG
Lol
The man got twink-ed
>>
>>2901228
stardew valley is one of the ugliest pixel art games i've seen
>>
>>2902512
>Trio of Towns
best soundtrack in the series
>>
>>2902165
Sure it does weeb
>>2902808
It is an improvement to fotm in every single way anon kun
>>2902818
One of the most beautiful imo but yes the character art is pretty bad but fixable by mods.
>>
>>2902793
Best choice though.

>>2902798
Pioneers of Olive Town is decent but not great imo. Not as much content as Trio of Towns, way easier main missions, and worse waifus I think. Personally bought it full price because I want to see more PC ports and I love the series, but objectively the price is a bit high.
>>
>>2902396
>Disingenuously posts RF5 when RF4 is the one everyone plays
>>
Oh man, I’ve these games look comfy and appealing to me. I’ve wanted to try one of them out ever since I saw the debut trailer for Story Of Seasons: Pioneers Of Olive Town, but I missed the launch so I wanted to wait for one of the new farm games coming next year, Summer 2023.
I’m not sure which game to choose. Harvest Moon: The Winds Of Anthos or Story Of Seasons: A Wonderful Life
that of which I know is a remake of what was once called a Harvest Moon game.

Naturally going by names alone, I would choose Story Of Seasons. The name sounds more straightforward and clear on what the game is about. You go through the seasons, farming and living a comfy life with others.
Harvest Moon for some reason sounds like they could mess with the formula a little too much. A possibility with adding too much of a fantasy angle or perhaps the involvement of magic. I would be willing to try.
Decided to skip on Harvestella.
Anyone have any advice for a newcomer? Not really interested in playing older titles. I’ll just look forward to newer ones or remakes of older ones and make sure to purchase one of them day one to give this whole genre a go.
>>
>>2903031
Don't really understand your reasoning. Why would you need to play a game at launch? Why does the name of the game matter?

Anyway, don't buy a new Harvest Moon game. Natsume makes those, and they used to only do the American and European localisation. They suck from what I heard.
Up until A New Beginning, the games were all called Harvest Moon in the West. Then the devs split with Natsume, who kept rights to the title. That's why sometimes the "main line" of games is referred to by the Japanese title, Bokujo Monogatari, or Bokumono for short.

Pioneers of Olive Town isn't a bad starting entry. It's on PC so you have free choice of controller, the controls are modern and tasks easy. It's also on sale right now.

A Wonderful Life likely won't control as nicely as PoOT. For example, in PoOT, your watering can can be upgraded to water up to more than a 3x3 range, allowing you to water I think up to 15 tiles at once with one click of a button. In AWL, unless they change something from the trailers and original gameplay, your watering can only ever waters a single tile. That really eats into your time.
>>
>>2902324
The character designs are all uglier than their originals, not a single one is more appealing. The graphics just look horrible in general, like a cheap mobile game. It was 0 effort put into this game. They removed fun stuff that added immersion for living on a small disconnected town like using the phone at the inn to ring the TV shopping network or carrying the basket to harvest crops. Wild dogs are removed so fencing is basically useless and just a vestigial feature. Its lots of small stuff they completely whiffed on from the original while adding almost nothing that makes it feel so lazy and cheap
>>
File: Rune Factory 4.jpg (28 KB, 735x326)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>2903022
>RF4 is the one everyone plays
???
RF4 has even less players than RF5
>>
>>2903118
looks like i found a zoomie
>>
>>2902815
OG Gordy is too scary for Japanese girls.
>>
>>2901228
>souldew valley
Is that like a latios and latias farming game?
>>
>>2903116
>The character designs are all uglier than their originals, not a single one is more appealing.
That's entirely subjective. I like the new designs. I like that the blacksmith boy is no longer dressed like a village farmboy. I like that the chicken farming boy is no longer a skinny nerd in a welding apron. Marie, Karen, Cliff, and Popuri are all particularly cute in their new, setting-appropriate designs.
>>
Has anyone played the new doraemon story of seasons? I enjoyed the first one but it felt a bit bare bones so I'm hoping the sequel has a bit more content wise
>>
>>2903339
>tfw I didn't even know there were two
The games look so pretty, I'm a little envious of people who have any attachment to Doraemon.
>>
Man, I forgot how much I loved Trio of Towns. Just unlocked Kasumi, best waifu in all the games. Helps that she's a teacher like myself. Haven't even played through two seasons and already having a blast. Hopefully the series will recover to this quality after/with AWL.
>>
File: 1672339796333.jpg (141 KB, 1280x720)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>2903412
>Hopefully the series will recover to this quality after/with AWL.
While none of the games since have topped 3oT, I do feel it's worth saying that I feel none of the game since have been bad. For all the complaints PoOT got and its true shortcomings, I enjoyed my time with it. Recent Bokumono hasn't fallen as low as it was in the DS era.
>>
>>2903453
Not bad, no, just not great. And it's been over six years. The games don't seem to have evolved greatly on a technical level, so it is a bit disappointing that they seem to lack content compared to the last handheld title. But yeah, I enjoyed my time with PoOT overall.
>>
File: 1623804965942.jpg (955 KB, 2000x1339)
955 KB
955 KB JPG
>>2901183
One thing I liked about AWL is that it seemed to have a more somber tone because of it's slightly duller colour palette and the way things were textured and modeled. It's not gloomy but combined with a few in game elements like Marlin treating you like shit and stuff like that couples marriage problems or that guys wife dying or the ending it gave the game more morose feeling that I appreciated; made the goofy elements better imo. Seeing the remake have saturated colour and even more cutesy kind of puts me off.
>>
the new style of graphics they're using looks straight out of a mobile game, even the older games look better.
i don't know why this is. at least the AWL remake looks a little bit better
>>
File: 1531585385194.gif (2.69 MB, 512x288)
2.69 MB
2.69 MB GIF
>>2903596
>tfw game was called "a wonderful life"
>takes place in the slowest, saddest village in the series
>a bunch of the villagers are just weirdos who live on the outskirts and almost never appear to interact with others
>one of few couples in the village has marital problems
>one couple is seperated by death and the surviving husband is devastated by it
>one eligible girl ends up miserably alone if you don't choose her
>you can two-time girls and aggressively break their hearts
>your wife can leave you and take the kid
>your kid can grow up unhappy and abandon your family when they reach adulthood
>you die at the end, aged and debilitated before all but one of the much older people in the village
>>
>>2903684
I always took the title to be ironic. Kind of funny and sad in poetic sort of way. Still, even if you had a shit life you could probably admit there were some good moments on your death bed. I wish there was a Harvest Moon like game that really did just say you're a poor farmer that was dealth a shitty hand and you have to make the best of it; not in a difficult gameplay sort of way but more in a story and aesthetic sort of way. Make you appreciate the little moments of goodness when they happen.
>>
>>2903596
This is exactly what I'm worried about with the new art style. It does look a but more restrained and muted in the trailers than it does in PoOT for example, but still clashes imo.

>>2903684
Really good summary. It is interesting that the series started out with a pretty moderate tone. In the early games, marriage candidates would just marry someone else if you weren't fast enough. It's not until later that the series became this feelgood safe space. Though AWL is probably the most severe example of the darker or more challenging aspects of Bokumono.
>>
>>2904013
>AWL is probably the most severe example of the darker or more challenging aspects of Bokumono.
Darker meaning seeing how they could shit out a clearly unfinished game and call it a full release
Challenging part being avoiding to fall asleep while waiting for your main character to die
>>
>>2903118
It's 10 years old 3DS game, and Special was first released on Switch. By the time PC version came out everyone interested else bought it for console or emulated it. Stardew Valley was released for PC and lives so well due to modding, still, even when put against RF2 it's worse game.
Also remember, niggas didn't even knew about Harvest Moon or Rune Factory before SV came out.
>>
The question is why a remake of a Harvest Moon game instead of expanding upon the last title that was released for the mainline series
>>
>>2904099
It's the era of remakes and reboots. Less risky, cheaper to produce. Sometimes it's worth it, often it's not.

>>2904034
There's no need to be upset.
>>
>>2904168
don't project your butthurt on me AWLnigger
your game was trash and the remake is probably going to be the only objective improvement of a remake in the entire world
>>
File: 6f8.png (247 KB, 760x572)
247 KB
247 KB PNG
>>2904171
>>
>>2904013
HM64 does a way better job incorporating realistic melancholy and tragedy into its village, without making the whole village feel disconnected and depressing.
Also, it's not supposed to be a bad thing that marriage candidates "would just marry someone else if you weren't fast enough". Other couples would naturally get together if you neglected to pursue someone eligible while encouraging their alternative romantic interest. It was a great thing when other couples were experiencing first time romance, child-rearing, and other lifestyle changes alongside the protagonist, instead of there being twenty single young men and women in the village who do nothing with their lives if you don't pick them.
>>
>>2904099
Of all the times across videogame history to ask "why remake", this is one of the few times that a remake genuinely ought to be done. AWL is a fondly remembered yet objectively bad game with massive potential for improvement.
>>
>>2904310
There definitely is space for improvement with AWL since it was on the empty side but they didn't need to gut the aesthetic.
>>
Friendly reminder that the Doraemon SoS games are secretly top-tier entries.
>>
>>2904925
Aesthetically, Doraemon looks superb but I know nothing of the franchise and it's the only reason I skipped it. Is the gameplay solid enough to warrant a playthrough? I found the other SoS games frustrating and shallow.
>>
>>2901183
oh damn nigga, You know im dickin the fuck out of ceilia
>>
>>2904970
I think non-Doraemon looks more aesthetic. Doraemon taints the aesthetic with its nerdy looking main character in my opinion but some may think the opposite.
>>
>>2904925
What's special about them?
>>
>>2904925
From what I read about the first one, it was the same as other SoS games except with less features.
>>
>>2904970
>>2905383
>>2905391
It doesn't change up the formula much, but in terms of aesthetics and the town, the first one at least is definitely one of the better entries since the split from Natsume. People got needlessly upset over not being able to marry, but that feature has become a drag on the series.
>>
>>2905425
literally all the SoS games are superior after the natsume split
before that they were making really shitty and tedious games trying to salvage the garbage mechanics of AWL
>>
Best Harvest Moon game
>>
>>2905463
That is a Harvest Stella game.
>>
>>2905463
Worst Rune Factory game, actually
>>
>>2905425
Not that Natsume has anything to do with the quality of the games beyond the localization, but like the other anon said, most of the games after the split ended up being better regardless. SoS and 3oT are better than every handheld game after FoMT up to ANB, combined.
>>
>>2905585
>>2905429
I'm aware of that. I'm saying, of the titles released under the new SoS label, the Doraemon spin offs rank high, at least for me personally. They may not be as feature-rich as the other SoS games, but the aesthetics and the town go a long way in giving the games character. Now, how they rank against the classic HMs is another matter.
>>
>>2905429
lmao fucking obsessed
>>
>>2901183
Rune Factory Oceans has the best girls, hands down. People just filter out Harvest Moon and Rune Factory so hard that they don't even try them.
>>
>>2905970
Electra a best.
>>
Story Of Seasons vs. Harvest Moon vs. Rune Factory vs… Harvestella?vs. Etc. Which is top tier? ‘Splain them all
>>
>>2906255
Starjew Valley because of mod support
>>
>>2906255
Rimworld, but you're too low IQ for that. Obviously.
>>
>>2906255
Story of Seasons and Harvest Moon up to "A New Beginning" are the same series.
Bokumono a best, Natsume's rip-off a worst.
>>
>>2906255
Story of Seasons is best, Stardew Valley is roughly the same level, depending on your priorities. Rest can be safely ignored.
>>
I wanna play harvest moon ds without the bugs
>>
>>2907242
play the EU release
>>
File: 1672769152180.jpg (143 KB, 721x1024)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
Play SoS.
>>
>>2908279
The only Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons game I have ever completed in my life was Harvest Moon 64.
>>
>>2901183
They need to mix Animal Crossing with Harvest Moon and make it real time (with realistic crop growth) and up the villager interactions.
>>
>>2908924
At least you picked a good one.
>>
>>2906362
>Rimworld
>the game decided not enough bad stuff has happened to you so far so it's going to throw random bullshit at you until you lose something
>"gameplay"
>>
>>2901183
Harvest Moons are just weak versions of Rune Factory.
>>
File: bokumono waifu chart.png (2.64 MB, 1910x1100)
2.64 MB
2.64 MB PNG
>>2909372
The games are different enough that they scratch entirely different itches for me. I love both Story of Seasons and Rune Factory.
>>
>>2909403
Wrong. They're the same - Harvest Moon just has less content.
>>
>>2909405
You're welcome to feel that way, even if it's a stupid misconception.
>>
>>2909410
Both: Small Towns
Both: Marriages
Both: Fields to grow crops
Both: Mining
Both: Fishing
Both: Animal Husbandry
Both: Comfy/Relaxed
Both: Upgrading tools
Both: Building farm houses/etc
Both: Cooking
Rune Factory: Combat
Rune Factory: Gear creation
Rune Factory: RPG elements
Rune Factory: Monster Taming
Rune Factory: Dungeon Exploring

I rest my case.
>>
>>2909412
Don't forget that Rune Factory has more in-depth relationships, character events and generally a story/plotline. So its just "Harvest Moon" but more.
>>
>>2909412
Rune Factory largely has shallower farming and ranching mechanics than SoS, which balances out the amount of content between the two series, with Rune Factory bolstered by its combat, dungeon-crawling, and crafting. Still, there's a lot of content variation across the series' titles. SoS has had a lot of features unique to single titles, like the puzzle mining and extensive questlines of HoLV, the achievement-based note collection and land acquisition of MM, etc.
Reducing content to bullet points and making up more for RF when some like "monster taming" is barely more involved than buying livestock in SoS is a careless way to measure the fullness of the series.

>>2909415
>Don't forget that Rune Factory has more in-depth relationships, character events
It literally doesn't. The quality of character depth and events varies from title to title, but overall Rune Factory absolutely does not exceed SoS in this regard.
>>
File: 1672952284551.png (570 KB, 600x800)
570 KB
570 KB PNG
SoS games are on sale in Switch eShop.
>>
>>2901183
Are they redesigning the art style? The gritty kinda creepy art style of the original A Wonderful Life was part of it's appeal.
>>
File: 20230105_143442.jpg (338 KB, 1200x1350)
338 KB
338 KB JPG
>>2910534
Yes, the art style has changed and characters have been redesigned--same as the FoMT remake. The character artist is actually the same, though she has used a different artstyle in every game anyway, remakes aside.
>>
i mean SV is good, but the combat is trash.. and i want some shit to kill, some skills to learn.. levels to gain in my skills besides stupid shit. and the slow af walking speed ugh. rune factory i like much better.. and a new one sun haven has great combat and tons of stats and almost the same farming shit as sv. i mean i need that good combat rpg shit. i can farm all day on the farming only games. i need that combaaaat. im really just about the combat. i just like having the farming on the side. im buying the fuck out of rf3s.
>>
>>2911721
See for combat I play the other JRPGs. In farming ones I want addictive farming mechanics with cozy atmosphere
>>
>>2902818
yep, along with Terraria
>>
>>2910486
>Doraemon sequel still not on sale
That's the only one on switch I want to play
>>
>>2910551
I hate this new artist. Luckily I won't have to look at their drawings in game like shitty fomt
>>
>>2910486
Which ones are actually worth getting?
>>
>>2912248
It's the same artist the series has always had, outside of ToT and AP.
>>
>>2912590
I enjoyed all of them. 3oT is likely the best, and I recommend SoS:FoMT, especially if you haven't played FoMT before.
>>
>>2912619
Well the new designs all suck so just assumed it was some hack. SoS on the DS was the first one I played where I hated the character designs and I haven't liked any of them since then
>>
>>2912726
SoS on the 3DS that is. Great game but the character portraits did not click with me
>>
>>2912726
Maybe this series just isn't for you.
>>
>>2912729
The character portraits in SoS do kinda suck. They're worse than the official artwork for sure, and not even consistent with it. It's actually not the character designer's fault; she likely had no part in making the in-game portraits for every character.
>>
I’m just waiting for A Wonderful Life in summer 2023 to try out a Story Of Seasons game because I want the newest thing
>>
>>2913273
its a remake of an older much worse game
>>
>>2903684
>>2903707
Most older HM games always have this melancholic feeling, imo. AWL had this the best:
It forced you to actually invest time and effort into it -no room for fuckups-, meaning you (the player) grew an actual emotional connection to the characters.
You need to work hard, and there's a lot of room for mistakes, and there's a time limit -- just like real life. In the end you'll see your life's work laid out before you, and no matter what, hopefully it was a wonderful life, the bitterness of regrets balanced by the sweetness you truly earned.

Tbh, that makes it one of the best game of the series for me. Older (pre-DS era) HM was also a bit gloomier back then.

>>2902566
Innocent Life is really nostalgic to me as well. It was one of the few games where I actually wanted to "stay" and know more of the world. Played it all the time on PSP.
It was less farming sim (eventually, you don't even need to farm anymore), and more adventure, but it worked really well.
>>
>>2913472
>It forced you to actually invest time and effort into it -no room for fuckups-, meaning you (the player) grew an actual emotional connection to the characters.
>You need to work hard, and there's a lot of room for mistakes, and there's a time limit -- just like real life
You haven't completed AWL
The only message it communicates to you through its setting and gameplay is that suicide is quick and painless while you sleep the years away as literally nothing happens
>>
>>2913472
AWL opinions aside, based Innocent Life enjoyer.
>>
Anyone played Kynseed?
>>
File: 1415794466864.webm (1.46 MB, 450x472)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB WEBM
>>2911721
>Rune Factory
>good combat
>>
>>2914604
RF3 and RF4 were pretty good when it comes to combat, anon. It's fast paced, responsive and has enough weapon types that play completely different, it's way better than most ARPGs in the market. For a top-down handheld console game it was pretty amazing what they did.
>>
Is trio of towns the best one or i got memed?
>>
>>2914791
It's a good one, for sure. "Best" is subjective.
>>
>>2914604
If I can actually move around and dodge enemy attacks, and attack when I want to, it's a good action combat system.
>>
>>2914791
It's the most modern one afaik, most other SoS games either came before it or are remakes of games that had 1990s game design choices (boriing and shallow)
>>
>>2914832
Pioneers of Olive Town is the most recent one.
>>
File: 20230111_094643.jpg (358 KB, 1920x1080)
358 KB
358 KB JPG
>>
>They added fag marriage to this remake too
Lol.
>>
Thoughts on the Japanese YouTube stream showing off footage of the remake?
>>
>>2917099
>>2917007
>>
>>2917123
annnnnything else
>>
>>2917099
I don't watch pre-release footage.
>>
This rando’s YouTube channel went over some of the pre-release footage of A Wonderful Life remake so you wouldn’t have to watch the Japanese stream. https://youtu.be/YjmvV9m7KHc
>>
>>2917290
Sweet, thanks.
>>
>>2917290
His channel is actually pretty neat. So much shovelware though.
>>
>>2917318
>>2919090
What are we thinking? I think it looks fine/decent/pretty good. Coming from someone who hasn’t played a single farm-sim but wants to get into them with this one.
>>
Has Rune Factory 5 on Switch been redeemed yet? I heard at launch it was a broken mess.
>>
>>2919438
It's fully playable. The performance issues were highly exaggerated at launch, although it doesn't run beautifully.
>>
>>2919438
What >>2919459 said, but honestly, you should get it on Steam, less bugs and better controls
>>
>>2919356
Pretty sure you're the same guy from a few days ago. "We" are thinking the same thing as before. Other games in the series are very likely to be better. Those with nostalgia for AWL will probably like the remake no matter what, unless there's something completely shitting all over the original. Play Trio of Towns for a relatively modern SoS game which is very well-liked. Runs nicely on Citra if you don't have a 3DS.
>>
File: 1647437688229.jpg (245 KB, 954x1024)
245 KB
245 KB JPG
>try Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns
>relationship decay
>permanently stuck on a treadmill to upgrade seed quality
Fuck that game. The most stressful, uncomfy, farm sim I've ever played.
>>
>>2920344
I've only ever heard great things about ToT wtf
>>
>>2921801
No idea what the guy is talking about. Relationship decay is a regular occurrence in farming sims. Fertilising crops and thereby improving the seeds gained from them is one of the main (though implicit) goals. Literally complaining about farming in a farming game.
>>
>>2921801
Autistic reminder that the acronym for Trio of Towns is "3oT", becuase "ToT" is already used by Tree of Tranquility.
>>
>>2903116
>>2903335
As the other anon said, half your complaints are just subjective and I actually like the new ones, too. Also you're wrong about a number of things. For instance, yes there IS a reason to use fences, it stops grass from spreading so you can have a dedicated section of your farm for grass to feed your cows and shit. They also added things like being able to walk on your crops so you dont have an empty spot in the middle of your 3x3 spread and a breeding mechanic for animals. It's fine if you don't like it, but it's not low effort or soulless.
>>
>>2920344
>wtf dude why do i have to farm on a farming sim
Do you have brain damage?
>>
>>2922145
Ah I wondered why people would sometimes use 3oT. I'll use that from now on, thanks
>>2921851
I have 3oT and SoS to play, which should I play first?
>>
>>2922649
3oT came out after SoS and it's generally considered to be the stronger of the two, although they're both good entries. I don't think it would be hard to go back to SoS after 3oT, so if you think you just want to play one now and you'll play the other later on (becuase this isn't a series typically played back to back), I'd tell you to go for whichever game looks more appealing at a glance. If one game has a character you think you're particularly interested in meeting, go for that game.
>>
>>2922649
I agree with a lot of what >>2922727 says but I'd straight up advise playing Trio of Towns first.
>>
>>2922992
As the person who wrote the original reply, I almost said this too. If you don't have a preference, play 3oT.
>>
>>2920344
>relationship decay
I didn't know this
fuck that
>>
I haven't touched this series in years. Played the shit out of FoMT and the gamecube games when I was a lad. However I see that all the new games have that overly rounded 3d paw patrol aesthetic. Very depressing sirs.
>>
>>2909412
>>2909429
Maybe they fixed things in 5, but I found the farming pitiful in RF4. Your farm is the fucking unused backyard of a castle. It's like they want to cut farming out of the franchise but can't because it's expected.
>>
>>2925162
RF: Oceans also barely had farming in it, it's a shame the gameplay in that one was so jank because it had some good waifus
>>
>>2925162
>but I found the farming pitiful in RF4
The fuck are you talking about
>Your farm is the fucking unused backyard of a castle
you can upgrade it to be bigger than the town
How does anyone even play RF4 without farming?
>>
>>2925352
Its simple, he didn't played
>>2909429
Me when I lie on the internet:
>>
>>2925277
Oceans unironically my favorite one because of this.
>>
>>2901183
I want them to remake the Harvest Moon games from the Wii era. They were all pretty good.
>>
>>2904065
This sounds like cope. I don't have a horse in this race either.
>>
>>2927368
I missed all of them. Which one is your favourite on Wii?
>>
>>2927712
Animal Parade and Tree of Tranquility are closely related, having the same bachelorettes. Tree of Tranquility is the better of the two. Something about the aesthetic and the layout was max comfy. I have to go back and replay them because I'm having trouble recalling either of them in detail.
Rune Factory Frontier is probably one of the most professionally done game in either series. But....runeys. Having a plot line to convince a fat bachelorette to stop being fat is a bonus.
>>
Doraemon SOS is on sale on switch, someone buy it and tell me if its worth it
>>
>>2928500
It has a demo, doesn't it? Try it out. I doubt you'll care about it if you aren't into Doraemon though.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSJFrw5rkiw

One of the best game trailers ever.
>>
>>2930147
Holy shit.
>>
>>2930147
SOUL

I haven't played a harvest moon since either gba or DS era but played RF3 and currently on arc 3 with RF4S. I'll be checking out this release then I guess.
>>
File: spenta_mainyu.jpg (195 KB, 920x700)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
>>2901183
Animal Parade
Friends of Mineral Town
Harvest Moon: Hero of Leaf Valley

I would like a remaster/remake of Animal Parade with faster load times, more events & areas, and more dialogue.
For Hero of Leaf Valley, I would like for there to be a remaster with a story quests profile where you can rewatch all of them. Some of the story quests were beautiful and would be nice to rewatch (e.g., Aurelia's The Tale of Blue Bird).
>>2920344
>>2921801
I didn't like Trio of Towns because it doesn't make sense for there to be three communities with completely different biomes and cultures side-by-side. I like for there to be one big community that you can get close to. I liked Harvest Moon: A New Beginning and Story of Seasons more than ToT.
>>2930147
Beautiful. I remember liking AWL, but it felt a little too slow for me. I hope the remake makes it a bit more streamlined. It seems hard to strike a balance with how long one should live before the tragic, bittersweet end.
>>
>>2901231
>Natsume remakes are soulful as fuck.
You have to paid to say something as crazy as this.
>>
>>2930147
holy fuck this actually made me cry what in the hell
>>
File: 1662138047319.gif (416 KB, 500x279)
416 KB
416 KB GIF
>>2901228
stardew valley's townies are shit.
>>
>>2930147
That ending, god damnit.
>>
>>2901228
The biggest issue of SV is it's lack of soul.
>>
File: 1476828705170.jpg (25 KB, 321x322)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>2930147
Alright, i guess these tears means I need to preorder.
>>
Innocent Life should be revisited
>>
>>2931178
I don't think Marvelous can't handle it and make it good. If Innocent Life were remade, I think it would need to have gorgeous visuals to make the most of its exploration-based gameplay and atmospheric strengths. If Marvelous were to make an all-new Innocent Life game with their usual clunkiness, I'm not sure how they would make it worthwhile and still different enough from a normal Bokumono game to have a different name, without rehashing the story of the original.
I'd love to play a beautiful remake that expands on the mechanics and purpose of farming, and adds a lot of character-focused content. Cooking is already an important part of Life's development, so it would be great if, like in Shepherd's Crossing 2, Life could share his cooked meals with other people in town. Life ought to have a lot more interactions with other people, both human and robot. I wish he could have bonded with Vita and Forte more, and they grew alongside him. There were also so many people in town who are never relevant at all, whom Life could have learned something from. The original game has so much obvious potential to be made better.
>>
>>2930147
The utter state of weebshit production values. Top kek.
>>
Josh has been playing the new remake a little. It is less farming-heavy, as expected, but still looks leagues faster to play than the original, which is nice. I liked AWL for its atmosphere, but the controls were really sluggish.
>>
>>2932781
>It is less farming-heavy
compared to the original?
>>
>>2932798
No, in comparison to recent games generally.
>>
>>2932828
thats just AWL then
>>
>>2920344
>filtered by Trio of Towns
>yiik nigger reaction photo
pottery
>>
If anyone plays the original Story of Seasons please for the love of God patch that shit. 60FPS if you’re on Citra or the 30FPS fix if you’re on real hardware, otherwise enjoy 20FPS on your farm at all times.
>>
File: 1644825751503.jpg (83 KB, 900x675)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>2932917
I'll use whatever image reactions I bloody want, you cheeky cunt.
>>
>>2932837
Like I said, as expected.
>>
>>2932918
I don't have cfw on my n3ds xl so i can't fix the fps
>>
File: 20230129_164525.jpg (1.4 MB, 3673x3358)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB JPG
Everyone looks really cute in this art.
>>
>>2933949
It doesn't surprise me that this franchise never receives much fan art, but it's disappointing all the same.
>>
>>2933794
Could play on Citra like the guy said.
>>
File: 20230126_081414.jpg (329 KB, 2048x1450)
329 KB
329 KB JPG
>>2934282
I see fanart for it all the time. Most of it just isn't amazing and doesn't seem to be reposted much.
>>
>they/them
Enjoy your pozzed game lol
>>
>>2935476
Don't pick the non-binary option and characters won't use "they/them". I will enjoy the game, thank you :)
>>
>>2934312
I wouldn't have a way to transfer my save file and I dont like playing on emu anyway I like playing in bed
>>
>>2935723
>plug in controller
>now you can play in bed, with a lighter, superior control method than a 3DS XL
But I get it if you put a good amount of hours into the save already.
>>
>>2935799
My bed isn't in my office/game room

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.