[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: oXFJGo7.jpg (1.3 MB, 3988x4470)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB JPG
https://youtu.be/an_vUUs3iXg
>>
>>2859688
>Rimshit
You need to stop
>>
>>2859688
Isn't this made by a tranny?
>>
>>2859690
It's not Skyrim
>>2859694
Well it is a pretty big team of developers
>>
>>2859688
>Areas to be reworked
Welcome to the neverending cyclical hell of modding.
Nothing is ever finished. Everything is being reworked.
>>
>>2859688
>Divide the mod in two, Assets and actual mod
>Still need to sownload both each time

heh
>>
File: sundered_scar_coastjpg.jpg (418 KB, 1920x1016)
418 KB
418 KB JPG
>>2859707
Besides Sundered Scar, I think holding back on reworking other areas until the mainland is finished.
>>2859733
It's because the assets are shared with other projects like the Skyrim and Cyrodiil province mods.
>>
>>2859737
>until the mainland is finished
It never will be. Know why? Because there's a neverending supply of talentless hacks who want to break into game development.
And the easiest form of development is redeveloping something that was developed already.
>>
>>2859742
>>2859707
There's actual new content and reworks in this case are justified somewhat because of the changes in quality behind the scenes; the culture of Tamriel rebuilt was different before they settled down on their official mission statement. They've done about 50% of the mainland.
>>
>>2859742
I don't know if people looking to become professionals would work on a game this old. That may have been the case with some Skyrim mods years ago.
>>
>>2859694
Yes, not only is it made by a tranny, but TEStards have brought said tranny here with their rabid fanboyism.
>>
>>2859694
What would bring you to that conclusion?
>>
>>2859688
Don't shill your tranny mod here for your adventure game here.
>>
>>2859762
>>2859781
I am not a developer or a tranny but the mod is brought up somewhat often in TES threads so I think a thread is warranted.
>>
>>2859737
>It's because the assets are shared with other projects like the Skyrim and Cyrodiil province mods.

O I always tought they just dumped all their asset in one mod so that you didnt needed to download it again and again.
>>
>>2859784
TES threads are a serious blight on this board. Just look at the catalogue and how much damage has been done. Go away.
>>
>>2859787
Half of those threads are by people very critical of the games and are also kept alive by them.

See resident avatar fag >>2859794
>>
>>2859797
I don't make any of those threads. It's all bait to spark discussion of the game by it's two faced fanbase of toddlers. I'm here to kill discussion of the game. :)
>>
>>2859787
>>2859794
>>2859807
Tranime brain rot.
>>
>>2859688
>>2859701
Cool, thanks for sharing OP. I had no idea they completed so much. I'm still doling out for them to finish the whole thing before I download it THOUGH
>>
>>2859707
They finished reworking those areas in two months, calm down schizo
>>
File: deode_release_map_alt3.png (2.47 MB, 4161x3052)
2.47 MB
2.47 MB PNG
>>2859707
The quality standards for the project are too high, which is why a lot of legacy content is being redone, and that content will be redone again in the future as new engine features from OpenMW remove limits from the original engine that caused certain design decisions to be made, they still continue to move forwards and so far it's worth it, you could try and find an old version of the mod from the early 00s, the whole map was complete then, sounds perfect for you.

The release that is available today features locations that didn't even have interiors a few years ago and now it's complete, territories that had nothing a few years ago now have nearly complete exteriors with little in the way of interiors, still it's North West that's the saddest, more than a decade in it's current state, with no advancement.
>>
>>2860111
You know that‘s not true .It‘s going to take as long as a normal release would.I just wish that they would finish everything else first and then rework the old areas.
>>
>tfw they removed tr preview so you can no longer see the regions of the map that aren't released at their current state of development
>>
>>2859688
I think the problem is people still think it's just a landmass with no content.
>>
File: Enderal_Logo_DE_01.jpg (298 KB, 1024x716)
298 KB
298 KB JPG
>>2859707
It takes a certain kind of autism to see mods of this magnitude through. Which just blows me away stuff like Nehrim and Enderal got made. Those guys probably could've made their own game if they had the means to do so.
>>
>>2859694
Most mods are
>>
>>2860135
Enderal/Nehrim had some kind of funding, or were a tax writeoff for someone, this is made part time by randos online.
>>
>>2860144
No according to one of the Nehrim devs they couldn't pay contributors since then they would have had to pay everyone so it was entirely volunteer based.Germany actually had a pretty big TES modding scene it just kinda died after Skyrim released.
>>
File: 1662106871656029.jpg (396 KB, 854x1023)
396 KB
396 KB JPG
>>2859688
This will totally break my saves right?
>>
>>2859688
How is the combat, character progression and economy supposed to keep you entertained with such a huge landmass addition? They break one third into the main game or much faster if you try. Morrowind is a huge game as is, I'm so confused on why would you mod it to be wider and not deeper and/or harder.
>>
>>2860349
>I'm so confused on why would you mod it to be wider and not deeper and/or harder.
That would require completely reworking enemies, questlines and whole areas on top of new/more fleshed out mechanics, animations etc etc
Diminished returns for what is at its core still the same game.
It's like trying to write a better version of a well-regarded fantasy book instead of writing a fanfic sequel
>>
does Old Ebonheart still chug?
how can i fix that
>>
>>2860356
But this is not a fanfic sequel/prequel (like Chronicles of Myrtana), it's the same worldspace as the main game only adding content to the game's systems that already suffer from being overextended and it's the largest problem Morrowind has. And you spend 20 years modding your clearly beloved game to stretch it even more thin. Imagine using all that effort into fixing Vivec, remodelling it into an actually great city, that'd be a mandatory mod. I'm sorry, I don't get it.
>>
>>2860368
>Imagine using all that effort into fixing Vivec, remodelling it into an actually great city, that'd be a mandatory mod. I'm sorry, I don't get it.
Such mods already exist. You don't even need some intricate knowledge to get those, they're on fucking Nexus.
What exactly are you expecting?
>>
>>2860349
Ridiculous question.
>>
>>2859688
Did they add Almalexia yet? I always wondered how they would handle that
>>
File: 1663214571327601.png (15 KB, 593x584)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
How badly would this fuck a current character?
God knows I want to play this but don't want to start fresh and get to where my current PC is, already doing TR content.
>>
>>2860371
>such mods already exist
Not with 20 years of effort and heart put into them, no. It's just textures and meshes, same old convoluted mess of a city with lots of pointless running along brown corridors and walls in copy-pasted blocks. Look, they want to do it - I wish them all the best, I just wanted to hear some reasoning behind their choice of expansion over refinement or creating a separate game like Myrtana I've mentioned earlier.
>>
File: 1667327237267945.jpg (427 KB, 2200x2800)
427 KB
427 KB JPG
All the doomposters better be wrong cuz I'm only gonna reinstall Morrowind once TR is finished and only with OpenMW, and I'm gonna wanna reinstall Morrowind after VI inevitably disappoints.
>>
>>2860381
It's going to be added last, they already had at least 3 failed iterations of the city IIRC.
>>
>>2860405
>once TR is finished
See you in 20 years anon.
>>
File: 1661826011431566.jpg (661 KB, 1920x1080)
661 KB
661 KB JPG
>>2860411
It'll be 5 years at most c'mahn
>>
>>2860415
Delusional. The pic you posted is obsolete content and it's going to be redone entirely.
20 years is a very optimistic view and I like TR a lot.
>>
>>2860415
That is a neat looking city.
>>
>>2860381
Almalexia is a nightmare partly because Tribunal's worldbuilding is ruined due to the entire city being represented in mournhold, which was meant to be a forbidden inner temple city. When the times comes they will probably have to rework a lot of mournhold and spread tribunal's content throughout the entirety of Almalexia, hence it being left for last
>>
>>2860395
Why the fuck do you think that a single city the size of Vivec needs 20 years of modding effort?There is a limit to how much you can do with a single location before it becomes overbearing and there is no space left.
>>
>>2860424
>When the times comes they will probably have to rework a lot of mournhold and spread tribunal's content throughout the entirety of Almalexia, hence it being left for last
They should tackle it first imo, leaving it after the rest of the region is already completed will create issues with both Tribunal content rework and new content implementation.
>>
>>2860425
Well, 20 years wasn't enough for a single mod to rebuild it to pop up but everybody knows Vivec sucks daedric penis. And the only people capable of doing it are making new locations instead.
>>
Morrowind is not a rpg. Morrowind is for people who hate RPGs.
>>
>>2860431
Ok why do you want to rebuild it and how would you do it?It wouldn't be Vivec without the cantons and there are mods that add to them and make them better.
>>
>>2860349
I don't really get the point of this question, for many the fun in Morrowind is in the questing and character building and many wanted to see the whole country done the way Bethesda envisioned it. From the content I've played most of the questing in TR is generally of a higher quality than the quests in the original game and much of the writing tries to maintain the same style and does so successfully. In many ways it does a better job of representing the lore and backstory of the world than the original game does, and tries to give context to every quest. It also tries to come up with clever ways for underrepresented skills to be used.

It's a mod the entire modding community is essentially involved with, and hundreds of modders participate to keep it as accurate to the original game as possible. For other mods to deepen the experience and really fix up the original game's locations and dungeons you got shit like Beautiful Cities of Morrowind, MWSE mods or all the recent dungeon mods and OAAB that have been popping up in recent years.
>>
>>2860428
Last time they tried to do Almalexia it almost killed the entire project due to arguing and lack of organisation. I think the hope is that by the time they've finished everything else their project management will be good enough to do it well, and the fact that it is the final hurdle will be enough motivation to avoid killing the project again
>>
>>2859694
Only one member out of dozens is one. I believe it's the other kind of tranny though. Female to Male.
>>
>>2860464
What does it actually do?Just some basic work or is it in a leadership position?
>>
>>2860467
As far as I know he does interiors/exteriors.
>leadership position
lolno. The leaders are mostly the OGs. Morrowind isn't shiny enough for anyone to try to worm their way up like that. Even if they do dialogue is trivial to edit and can be fixed. In addition there's a lot of steps for things to be approved. A sjw/tranny can't just add a bunch of shit then have it in without oversight.
>>
>>2860438
You can't tell in which canton you are, they all look the same, have the same shape, same corridors, same-ish interiors. It's all brown, there is no sun and barely any plants and water in sight. For what supposed to feel like a huge city you always feel cramped in it, claustrophobic even.
It wastes your time with long corridors, stairs up and down not placed next to each other, severe lack of bridges where they need to be. It feels like it wasn't built by living actual people who'd hate every second being wasted. How do they get goods and food up there? It needs to be rebuilt as a real city, say, Venice but with a fantasy architectural spin on it. It needs chaos, not this artificial order. And if you really want a monolithic superstructure make it one huge Pyramid/Hanging Gardens of Babylon split into distinct layers and areas for cantons, not this repeated blocky crap. And what if you need to build more housing for people? How are the cantons supposed to be expanded? I'm no architect or level designer but Vivec is awful.
>>
>>2860472
Ah yes, time for a million backflips to try and justify why it doesn't count for *my* casual faggot game.
>>
>>2860474
If you want to be bitter about Morrowind then don't waste your time inquiring about it
>>
>>2860477
I'll do what I want, faggot
>>
>>2860477
Don't make 40 threads if you don't want people shitting on it.
>but it wasn't the fans!
Yes it was, a single person didn't post in each of those threads 100+ times. Morrowind and TES in general are not RPGs, its casual faggot shit that brings endless waves of retards here.
>>
>>2860481
>>2860477
>>2860474
>>2860472
>>2860467
>>2860464
Both of you are really obnoxious retards and you should stop posting.
>>
>>2860486
>stop talking about the tranny, if I just ignore it then it doesnt exist!
>>
>>2859688
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSS BABYYYYY
>>
>>2860395
Start your own modding project you literal subhuman
>>
>>2859701
>Been working on this since before 2002
>havent even finished half of the first map
>half of what is finished needs to be remade again.
And people think this will ever actually get finished.
Lmao.
>>
>>2859701
>2006
>2008
No wonder those areas are so shit. Did they redo the quests in Helnim too? I remember the Thieves Guild there making me cringe, it reads like it was written by a 15 year old.
>>
>>2860528
I'm getting fatigue from people being outraged by trannies. More obnoxious than trannies even
>>
>>2860528
>/pol/ack literally admits he can't stop thinking about trannies
kek
>>
>>2860592
They moved alot of content from Helnim to Firewatch and the old thieves guild questline was scraped and replaced with a new one, still in Helnim though
>>
>>2860135
Enderal is impressive, but its map is less than half the size of Skyrim's. It's not trying to be the same project that rebuilt is.
>>
elder scrolls in any iteration is better than pathfinder, fallout, dark souls, nu baldurs gate, and the assortment of jrpgs that get posted here
>>
>>2860627
Yeah TR is absolutely massive
>>
>>2860635
at least youre honest, because we all know TES fags dont play a single rpg.
>>
>>2860649
Was Oblivion really this small?
>>
i second this anon >>2860358

is Old Ebonheart still an FPS hog and if so how can I fix it?
>>
>>2860358
>>2860825
Doesn't chug for me on OpenMW, no graphics mods. At the worst dips down to like 55 fps.
>>
>>2859787
Blame the Morrowind schizo and jannies for banning him for spamming.
>>
>>2860850
with distant lands i get 30fps and i have a 1650ti and an i5 10400
>>
>>2859688
I've never tried this mod out, how big in the scope acqually is? how are the areas present on older games different from said games? is there stuff t o do or is it just for dickstroking?
>>
>>2860931
its aimless mmo tier junk, I went to helnim then uninstalled because it was so bad.
>>
>>2860872
*for not banning him
>>
>>2860938
You guys go into every single on of his threads, there isn't a single thread with less than 50 replies. He likes morrowind. He makes the bait threads because he wants to discuss morrowind. Every genuine criticism of morrowind gets deleted but his threads don't. I wonder why.
>>
>>2860940
It's just an idiotic strawman that the 80 average IQ fanbase loves to argue with and feel smart. You go into the thread and every single one has the same stuff posted over and over. I don't understand how these people can even wipe their asses without assistance, their existence is like something out of the twilight zone.
>>
>>2860932
Nice bait
>>
File: 1669209417211694.jpg (134 KB, 877x1007)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
Can I keep my current save/character and use this updated TR?
I've already have been playing on their last release.
>>
>>2860953
it's not bait, it's a shitty mod
>>
>>2860954
stop asking, of course you can you dumb nigger.
>>
>>2860957
You can't, it breaks lol
>>
>>2860956
>>2860973
4/10
>>
>>2861000
but anon, I am the one who called that guy a nigger because apparently the only person who can answer that faggots question is someone who hates the game
>>
>>2860931
Check out the Warlockracy video(s) to get an idea of what they accomplished, it's what I did and afterwards it caused me to pick up Morrowind and play it a little over a hundred hours again after a decade. Old Ebonheart and Almas Thirr are my favorite bit of content Morrowind has ever had. Don't bother wasting your time with the dickstrokers in this thread.
>>
>>2860954
The massive changes to the old content, including changing the names of the regions, deleting NPCs, items and scripts, etc. may fuck stuff up.
>>
>>2860189
They showed them working at an office, maybe contributors outside of the core team couldn't be compensated but there was definitely some kind of money involved.
>>
>>2860415
In 5 years I don't even expect to see any Deshaan plains, maybe you will see Narsis, but not a full release, and maybe Baan Malur will have interiors, but more than likely you will have a few overhauled locations and Grey Meadows playable.

>>2860728
Yes but TR is really just that big too.

>>2860874
There was a proposal to change the water shader button to say "just fuck my shit up" even on my 3070 the game chugs chronic with it on, but I'm also running it at 4k.
>>
>>2860189
>it just kinda died after Skyrim released.
Is this a TES thing? Where lack of a new game brings modding to life, but new release totally kills all interest?
>>
>>2861530
No some of the core team members studied in the same university and they were allowed to use some of the facilities.
>>2861585
It killed german Skyrim modding as well.Most of the old modders just stopped modding and the few germans modders that I know of mostly mod the english version.
>>
>>2859688
How is the new content? The area on the road map looks rather mall with pretty few settlements.
>>
>>2860124
...Schizo, they literally did. Telvanni's coast was reworked between two to four months, all while still working on Dominions of Dust. You clearly have no familiarity with the project.
>>
>>2861690
Tons of new content, including Hlaalu questline, two Temple questlines, the usual guilds, a vampire clan, and a bunch of misc quests thrown around. So far is the most content-filled release of TR, and also the biggest landmass release up to now.
>>
>>2861764
Sounds great, I'll check it out sometime soon
>>
>>2861758
Retard the rework started long before they started to work on Dominions of Dust.
>>
>>2860424
>>2860428
I think they’re slowly coming around to accepting that Tiber did raze Almalexia during the invasion and that will factor into the rework. Honestly, the old Almalexia is a clusterfuck and the razing and rebuilding might give it a more planned city look. They just need to stop being autistic Dunmerboo pendants who rank in-game sources literally in Morrowind corroborated by NPCs under Imperial Library fanfiction.
>>
>>2860596
Because you spend your time on 4chan you retard, believe me you would not find it more obnoxious than trannies if you where actually in some of the communities that were destroyed by them and had to emperors-new-clothes constantly.
>>
>>2860635
I an 110% certain people only play TES because they are too dumb to learn DnD. (its not hard)
>>
>>2862388
Why would anyone want to learn being gay and autistic?
>>
>>2859694
very tes3mp server I join, half of it are trannies and the other half are chuds.just accept you guys have the same interests
>>
>>2861640
>they were all in uni at the same uni while working on enderal their third project
Serious doubt here man.
>>
>>2862388
DnD is obsolete and trash. It's also hijacked by niggerfaggots and soiboys.
>>
>>2862381
>admitting he uses reddit/twitter/tumblr et al
Go back.
>>
File: it just werks.jpg (35 KB, 758x414)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>2862425
You can't say this in a TES thread. That series was pozzed from the beginning and was created by a homosexual danish alcoholic whos techno pop band didn't work out then picked up by pic related when he had a mental breakdown. You say this shit because you are dumb and use it as a wall to shield yourself from criticism.
>>
>>2860585
you do realize they got a shitload done right
>>
File: freak shit.png (268 KB, 958x300)
268 KB
268 KB PNG
>>2862432
So do you get any joy from being a culture warrior apart from a tiny bit of glee from being annoying online
>>
>>2862636
>>2862425
see, now this is why tes fans are two faced
>>
>>2862640
>two different people have two different opinions
Call the press
>>
Why can't some of these faggots stop working on morrowind and start working on the other projects like project cyrodiil, black marsh or high rock. It's not like their making much progress in morrowind anyways.
>>
>>2862654
you didnt step in when the other guy said something, get real
>>
>have to reinstall morrowind and try to remember what texture/mesh replacements i use
aaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>2862709
sometimes being a girl is tough
>>
>>2862388
you're a fucking retard m8
>>
>>2859701
what happen between 2013 and 2018 to warrant 5 year hiatus?
>>
>>2862788
Massive reorganization and project almost died.
>>
>>2862658
Because all of those projects are complete garbage.TR also uses Morrowind era lore which is superior to the modern shit Bethesda writes.
>>2862709
Write it down?Or if it's on the Nexus you could just track the mod.
>>
>>2862660
>you HAVE TO reply to every single post in the thread or else... or else!!!
How hard was your ass clenched when you wrote that post anon. I'm not even either of those two guys, you are obsession with hiveminds is going to give you a stroke one day.
>>
>>2862709
The mod is made with vanilla in mind, so big retexture mods will probably look like shit next to the new assets
>>
>>2862709
Just play vanilla. It will feel fresh and new after years playing with modded textures.
>>
>>2860349
>why would you mod it to be wider and not deeper and/or harder.
Because that would require actual game design acumen.
You can do a lot just with the Construction Kit, human factor is the limit here.
>>
>>2861802
What rework? Because the specific rework that released with Dominions of Dust, Telvanni's coast/Embers of Empire wasn't even a thing a year ago, only aproved because during DoD questwork a bunch of devs were iddle and wanted to tackle the imperial settlements. What are you even talking about?
>>
based, glad this project is still alive
>>
How are the Project Tamriel mods?I haven't tried them yet.Are they as good as TR?
>>
>>2863415
They share many developers so they are generally of similar quality, but the quality of assets can also vary a lot more with the PT mods.
>>
File: 1618761831596.jpg (424 KB, 957x387)
424 KB
424 KB JPG
>>2859688
for anybody who cares - you can pretty comfy run omw with, mobile edit
mods, such as tr, as well
>>
>>2862788
Look up the Warlockracy videos on TR. The first one is a comfy LP running through a part of the map and the second gives a history rundown on the project. It was very disjointed back in the day until they eventually settled on a vision and some kind of quality control. It's why they're redoing some ancient content. The team is mostly made up of boomers though at the core with a lot of volunteers dipping in and out.
>>
>>2859688
>Morrowind
Call me when they finish the provinces that actually matter
>>
>>2864560
>looks up my favorite eceleb and watch a let's play
morrowniggers have got to go
>>
File: 06v13.jpg (159 KB, 888x1024)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
>>2859688
NO FUCKING WAY
NO FUCKING WAY
NO FUCKING WAY.
NO FUCKING WAY
NO FUCKING WAY.
NO FUCKING WAY
NO FUCKING WAY
NO FUCKING WAY
NO FUCKING WAY.
NO FUCKING WAY
>>
>>2859701
>it's been three years since the last update
This shit is unbelievable
>>
Why did they remove the preview, I liked being able to see the mainland from Solstheim
>>
>>2864972
Basically because it would confuse people, but you can still make your own preview if you really want to https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/48228
>>
I'm holding off on playing it because I use Beautiful Cities of Morrowind and it now has conflicts with the new version of Tamriel Data. My autism doesn't allow me to ignore mod conflicts.
>>
>>2864606
Daggerboomers are here to stay.
>t. Arenafags disagree.
>>
>>2865091
You can fix it with the Tamriel Data Graveyard mod they just used uploaded. I haven’t checked it yet because I’m at work but it should fix all issues.
>>
>>2865673
the fix that has been uploaded on the tamriel data page today?
>>
Have they come up with an excuse to justify leaving quarantined Vvardenfell yet?
>>
File: screenshot016.png (1.74 MB, 1920x1080)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB PNG
>>2859688
Running the new mages guild content
>>
>>2864606
>ask for information
>"here is a video with a shit ton of information"
>seethe
kill your self
>>
>>2860349
it wont/doesnt and that is fine
>>
>>2860954
you'd be better off just making a new character with the same race/birth sign/picked skills and just using the console to set your stats back to whatever they were on the OG character
>>
>>2859688
Does this have quests that actually demand that you travel from place to place yet?
The whole point of a lot of quests in the main game was just to push you in different directions, get you traveling into unexplored areas, etc.
>>
>>2866368
No this one.
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/52000
>>
>>2860119
the legacy content is bad and needs to be redone
>>
>>2860119
>>2867316
Looks like they are going to be redoing a lot of regions in the future https://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/content/progress-report
>>
>>2864560
>boomers
That's surprising there's a bunch of 58-76 year old modders, let alone a bunch all cooperating on the same project.
>>
>>2867398
It's the shitpost term for boomer but factually a substantial part of the modding team are in their 30's/40's. Though an equally significant chunk are also in their 20's too but those are more the transitory kind who just volunteer for a bit.
>>
How is it compared to Beyond Skyrim Bruma? That was complete fucking dogshit
>>
>>2867451
Better than Morrowind originally was in some places. They really milk everything they can within the confines of the original game’s engine and try and relate every quest and character to the lore of the world more than the original game.
>>
>>2867451
If you think Bruma was bad, you have very high expectations.
>>
>>2867524
Compared to the current TR releases it is pretty bad.
>>
every quest in Tamriel Rebuilt is as good or better than the besr quests in vanilla
>>
>>2860649
Those rivers in eastern Cyrodiil are atrocious. That simply isn't how rivers work.
>>
>>2867451
someone needs to rewrite the entire dialogue in bruma and replace half the voice actors. I remember the first time I played it I got in the castle and the captain said he feels like offing himself right now
>>
>>2867027
No, it still feels like every new update is a self contained DLC
>>
>>2868244
Forget about those.Why is the Thirr River in Morrowind as wide as the Niben?The Niben supposed to be the biggest river in Tamriel.The Thirr river doesn't even show up on most canon maps of Morrowind and the ones that do show it have it as a smaller river and not as massive as the Niben.
>>
File: pc_regions.png (3.43 MB, 5480x3401)
3.43 MB
3.43 MB PNG
>>2868244
It's been made more sensible.
>>
>>2868040
There's definitely some shit ones, comparable to the "find my pants" quest. Like a meta ironic fourth wall break rick and morty high iq quest about how TR keeps redoing or removing finished work.
>>
>>2860395
I'd say getting new stuff is more exciting than reworking old stuff
>>
>>2863415
Skyrim one is prety good, the Cydoriil one has a lot of eye candy but not a lot of actual quests yet
>>
>>2868576
I just hope that they get to finish the Imperial City.That's the main reason I'm exited for the mod.
>>
>>2864560
Let's not forget it's been compromised by trannies as well, same as any Western modding project.
>>
>>2860473
Vivec is designed like a series of castles. There's enough light and water to cultivate plants, but the light is sourced internally to remove weak spots in the outer walls, and the water sources are largely made inaccessible to saboteurs. The corridors all look alike to confuse invaders, the interior feels cramped so it's difficult to fight inside without special training, the foreigner's quarter only has the one bridge connecting it to the other cantons as a safety measure while the great houses can reinforce one another through the first floor walkways, the civilian residential cantons are only accessible via the warrior-heavy Redoran and Arena cantons and the Tribunal temple is behind even those.
The cantons themselves are good enough because Vivec city exists because of Vivec the god choosing to live there and it is important more for diplomatic, political, and religious reasons than because it is this natural trade hub. The unnatural planned feel of the place is similar to Canberra.
That said, they could probably be using the outdoor surface area on the higher levels for agriculture and have a slum city of wooden walkways, living boats, and huts on stilts on the waterfront to represent urban sprawl and imply the existence of a fishing industry. The fact it didn't kind of implied Vvardenfell's population has been decreasing for several decades.
>>
>>2868946
>The fact it didn't kind of implied Vvardenfell's population has been decreasing for several decades.
This is the exact opposite of the situation. It opened to Imperial colonization in the near past and got filled with outlanders.
Don't overthink implementation in 2002 game. It's like that because it already lagged enough and more objects or NPCs outside the cantons would be too much. Vivec is much better with a bit of street life from mods.
>>
>>2868568
find my pants was fucking kino (and I hate the word kino).
>>
I can't wait to join House Dres in 2030
>>
>>2869561
Optimistic.
>>
>>2869561
There's a new release every 3 to 4 years, and here's the regions under development, you will be lucky to have Narsis by 2030, although Dominions of Dust was larger than the last 2 releases, and there are all the redos in between, you're likely to finally see Dres territory releases starting in the 2050s, OpenMW may have feature parity with the base engine by then.
>>
>>2871454
What're they gonna be redoing besides Telvannis obviously?
>>
File: cellexp.jpg (2.99 MB, 3880x3760)
2.99 MB
2.99 MB JPG
>>2871454
This is impossibly pessimistic. The Narsis release is supposed to be after Hlan Oek, which could likely be out next year and maybe also Sundered Scar. Narsis city itself is already far along.
>>
>>2871454
Before and after Old Ebonheart are pretty much two different mods. The 2013-2018 gap isn't happening again unless the mod nearly dies again. Narsis will be big, but the team is bigger too so it should go faster than DoD.

>>2871937
All the old Indoril stuff. Before Indoril didn't have much characterization so they're just fancy guys in manors. It will be remade to have the setup in the latest areas, with nobility ruling from chapels (e.g. Roa Dyr) over Velothi (e.g. Vhul) peasant settlements.
>>
>>2860464
No it's a Male to Female, I saw an interview with him that a streamer did.
>>
>>2860649
>>2860728
>>2861558
From what I can gather Oblivion is about 2,5x Vvardenfell + Solsteim. But Skyrim seems to be correctly represented here.
>>
File: 1643702372758.jpg (366 KB, 1200x1211)
366 KB
366 KB JPG
>>2872652
Most of the extra distance in Oblivion is empty save for some procedurally-placed plants and monster spawns IIRC. The cities aren't any larger, the faction questlines aren't any longer, and side quests aren't any more common.
Getting around would've been a pain without Jump, Intervention, or Propylon effects(or ferries), so it's a good thing Oblivion added horses and quick travel.
>>
>>2859787
This board would be dead without TES.
>>
>>2873081
>this board would be slow enough to discuss other RPGs
oh no what will I do without a bunch of trash threads

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.