[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Sorcery.jpg (448 KB, 1728x1080)
448 KB
448 KB JPG
What are the best choose your own adventures?
I feel like the scratch the rpg itch without boring strategy game mechanics
>>
the fighting fantasy ports are okay I guess but they are designed for phones
>>
>>2859174
You already posted the best one.
>>
I really liked "Legionary Life" and "Life and Suffering of Sir Brante"
>>
>>2859174
If you liked the Sorcery! series then look for "Fighting Fantasy Classics" on steam. It's basically the same idea except you don't get the map like Sorcery! has. It's just playing through the books without having to flip the pages and the game keeps track of the fights for you
>>
File deleted.
Depression Quest
>>
>>2859174
Sabres and guns of infinity are, in my opinion, the best choice of games so give them a try if want to experience napoleonic(ish) era war kino
>>
>>2859502
They're pretty good, but "I, the Forgotten One" is going to be the best Choicescript game of all time.
>>
>>2859502
Lords are going to be even better, trust me. I've read it fully before it was taken down. I hope Wars are going to be at least as good as the previous installments.
>>
>>2860194
I've played the leaked beta. It was pretty good but I still prefer the infinity games
>>
>>2860224
I've played some of the beta too and had a fun time Royalist is the based side to take, but it's not the same without being able to import your character from previous games so I'm looking forward to it's actual release
>>
>>2859484
Patricians choice.
Based.
>>
>>2860330
>but it's not the same without being able to import your character from previous games
It was possible to open the console and type out commands to tweak your character to your exact specifics.
>>
>>2859502
Why are these games so fucking autistic about not letting you rewind? It's annoying.
>>
>>2859502
>Sabres and guns of infinity
I've been interested in these for a while, is there any particular reason to play on Steam or the CoG site over the other?
>>
>>2859502
Choice of games makes games for faggots, they don't even fuckin hide it yk? It's literally on the fuckin website.
>>
>>2859174
That first sentence bothers me a lot for some reason.
>>
>>2860547
There are many different authors under that umbrella. I agree though that many of them are huge faggots and hacks but some games are worth playing.
>>
>>2860476
Not really, choose whatever you prefer
>>
>>2860433
If you're playing on a browser you can use tampermonkey to use the save function dashingdon has, I'm sure you can find a guide somewhere. It's not a rewind feature but it's close enough
>>
>>2859484
I already have that in real life.
Haha...
>>
>>2860568
>>2860547
Yeah, it entirely depends on the author, some are worse than others.
>>
If we're shilling Choice of Games games from authors that aren't Terrible, I quite liked Choice of Magics and the VTM Parliament of Knives. I've heard Night Road is good but I haven't tried it beyond the demo
>>
>>2859502
this.objectively the best games out of the CoG category. dont be like >>2860547 and let gay people live rent free in your head, infiniverse series and tin star are the best CYOAs out there
>>
>>2860739
Great taste, tin star is absolutely worth playing too
>>
For me it's Sixth Grade Detective
A bit short but comfy
>>
>>2859502
Based.
>>
>>2859484
don't post fat libtards
>>
>>2860547
Yea I prefer more pre determined characters,
instead of YOU CAN BE GAY OR NONBINARY!!!!!
>>
>>2859502
We should do a Tier List of those games because I found Sword of Rhivenia and Wayhaven Chronicles pretty decent
>>
>>2860322
leak doko
>>
>>2860547
This is objectively correct but there is still worthwhile stuff there. Golden Rose was one from this year that had a really neat alt hist Post-Roman setting.
>>
>>2860547
all of these games are. that is a moot point.
>>
>>2860194
That author has a new WIP up too. Its a conspiracy action thriller with eldritch horror elements. Nowhere near done but quite fun.
>>
if you guys want some lighthearted capeshit you can try reading A Tale of Heroes. bit barebones mechanics wise, but the story is nice and the heroines canonically have fat asses so it balances out.

link: https://dashingdon.com/play/juan/a-tale-of-heroes/mygame/
>>
Choice of Games Tier List
>Tier S
-Sabres of Infinity (War Crimes Kino)
-Guns of Infinity
-Wayhaven Chronicles Book Two
-Highlands Deep Water
>Tier A
-The Golden Rose (Uchronia kino)
-Keeper of Day and Night
-Wayhaven Chronicles Book One
-The Sword of Rhivenia
>Tier B
-Sordwin The Evertree Saga
-Sixth Grade Detective
>Tier C
-Evertree Inn
-A Mage Reborn
-Lux City of Secrets
-The Keep of the Sun and Moon
>Tier D
-Unnatural
-Breach: The Archangel Job
>>
>>2865447
Anyone interested in these types of cyoas should also look into Arcadie Second Born, which was originally a CoG release but after a dispute over royalties is now a standalone out in Steam in the 8th next month.

It's pretty good.
>>
>>2865449
Arcadie is very good the only thing I didn't like is that I usually play as the Warmonger but that would be counterproductive since Ariane is already a Warmonger so is best being pragmatic pacifist to act as her foil.
>>
>>2865488
lol lmao

She fucking dies. I actually had my diplomat go kill crazy after it happens. I am going to shove Stan's head up his own ass. This is viewable on the updated twine demo.
>>
I can't bring myself to pay for CYOA, even as a kid I just borrowed the books from the library.
>>
>>2865553
Eh, I cant sweat five bucks or so considering how much I spend on gas these days. I usually get more out of some of these than a lot of 30-60 dollar game releases anyway.
>>
>>2865447
>the boring twilight knockoff in tiers A and S

unfathomably shit taste
>>
>>2865585
He probably enjoys being utterly helpless in combat and all romances moving at the pace of a snail because the hambeast writing that shit has probably never touched a man in her life.
>>
>>2865449
Is there a demo? Generally, I like fantasy theme but I've some fantasy CYOA bore me.
>>
File: 1667318026430.jpg (139 KB, 800x600)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
>>2859174
Thief & Sword is pretty good.
>>
>>2864012
Here's a thread about a bunch of leaked stuff, it included, enjoy
https://www.choiceofmods.com/threads/section-for-leaked-unmodded-stuff-like-wips-and-side-stories.181/
>>
>>2865756
https://arcadie-utopie.itch.io/asb-free
>>
>>2865447
Add the wayhaven games to F tier and it's a pretty ok list
Other games I enjoyed are mecha ace (same guy that does the infinity series ) and fallen hero, tin star too but that one has already been mentioned
>>
>>2865778
Heroes of legend doesn't get enough love imo. Coming back from being a fraud is a killer arc and the characters all stuck with me,
>>
>>2865781
Heroes of myth FUCK
>>
>>2865781
>>2865783
I remember playing the demo and liking it. Not really sure why I never played the full game but I'll try it out
Thanks for the reccomendation
>>
>>2865777
Much appreciated.
>>2865447
>Tier S
Lost Heir trilogy
>Tier A
The Great Tournament
Life of a Wizard
Life of a Space Force Captain
>Tier B
The Last Wizard
The Great Tournament 2
>>
>>2865447
A neat list, even if Wayhaven being that high is, uhhh, interesting. I guess being able to genderswap a Twilight otome game does have some kind of appeal.
Some possible additions to consider:
>Choice of Robots and Choice of Magics
B tier. The writing isn't exactly something to write home about, but both are very big and have some really major branching.
>Samurai of Hyuuga series
C tier. Has something going for it, but is painfuly linear and gets worse further in the series.
>Fallen Hero Rebirth
B-A tier. A bit restrictive and the /r9k/-tier protag isn't for everyone, but otherwise an interesting capeshit take with great character writing. Probably B tier as a standalone, but A as a set up for Retribution and beyond.
>Choice of Rebels Uprising
A tier. The whole management segment is rather divisive (wtf gameplay in my text game???), but it has an interesting setting and a LOT of meaningful choices. Also gets dragged down a lot by being a first and only game in a planned long series which is probably never ever.
>Tally Ho and Jolly Good
A really personal prick so ymmv. A and S tier. Really fun 1930s slice-of-life games, very big, lots of branching, nice comedy, interesting characters and written by someone who actually studies literature professionaly.
>>
>>2859502
There's not nearly enough napoleonic era vidya.
>>
>>2866049
Sadly, I agree, especially since it's not just games but the rest of media too
It's such a shame since I find it to be one of the most interesting times in history
>>
>>2865585
>>2865778
>>2865805
No that anon but actualization:
>Tier S
-Sabres of Infinity (War Crimes Kino)
-Guns of Infinity
-Highlands Deep Water
-Lost Heir trilogy
>Tier A
-Choice of Rebels Uprising
-The Golden Rose (Uchronia kino)
-Keeper of Day and Night
-The Sword of Rhivenia
-The Great Tournament
-Fallen Hero Rebirth
-Life of a Wizard
-Life of a Space Force Captain
>Tier B
-Sordwin The Evertree Saga
-Sixth Grade Detective
-The Last Wizard
-The Great Tournament 2
-Choice of Robots
-Choice of Magics
>Tier C
-Evertree Inn
-Samurai of Hyuuga
-A Mage Reborn
-Lux City of Secrets
-The Keep of the Sun and Moon
>Tier D
-Unnatural
-Breach: The Archangel Job
>Tier F
-Wayhaven Chronicles Book Two
-Hero Rise: Trilogy
-Wayhaven Chronicles Book one
>>
>>2866289
I don't remember what that vampire one that seemed like a rip-off of Interview with a Vampire was called (was it just "choice of a vampire"?), but I'd put it in B tier alongside to Robots. Probably the same for Choice of a Dragon and Choice of a Broadside (the navy one).
>>
>>2865546
that seems interesting
is it acknowledged by the game/other characters that the event caused you to go 180 from diplomatic to blood and iron? if not, thats disappointing

>>2865775
this is the shit bro, thanks
>>
>>2865546
She can eat shit tho, she threaten me with fucking kill me just because I want revenge but I don't want a Full-Scale War right after a Civil War and even she too blind to see that the Traitor gather support because one reason people don't like constant warmongering because is bad for business or overall quality of life
>>
>>2866649
There's only half a chapter after said event happens in the demo, so I can't fully say. There are early indications that Cyril at least thinks I've lost my damned mind which will be interesting as I'd been sleeping with her for weeks.
>>
It's easy to use Twine? Making a CYOA it seems like fun hobby
>>
>>2860194
>I, the Forgotten One
Any news? Release date when? It looks like the author can't into marketing because all the info I can find is pretty old. Which is a shame, the demo is pure kino.
>>
If you're talking about actual (or virtual) gamebooks, the Lone Wolf series has been incredibly popular and long-running for a reason.

https://projectaon.org/en/Main/Home

If you're talking about video game adaptations that still have the CYOA feel, then... how about Joe Dever's Lone Wolf? :) Written by the late great author of the book series, and styled like one of the books (Chronologically, set between books 3 and 4).
Fair warning, the turn-based combat system is harsh starting out, but when you get used to managing your initiative and locking down the enemies, it's not bad.
>>
>>2867771
It's "Submitted for publication" on the Hosted label. You'll see it sometime next year.
>>
>>2867834
Thanks anon.
>>
File: 1669291761402132.jpg (65 KB, 450x488)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>2859502
>At least half a year until Lords of Infinity
>4-6 years until Wars of Infinity
>Wars will suffer from having to follow from either of vastly different paths both of which will juggle decisions from 3 prior games
>>
>>2868246
If you think about it, during the dev time for the Infinity series, you could have had an actual complete career in a Napoleonic military.
>>
>>2868246
>Wars will suffer from having to follow from either of vastly different paths both of which will juggle decisions from 3 prior games
Probably not as much as you think. IIRC it'll be like Lords with the first half being two routes with their own chapters that converge in the second half. It was originally planned to be entire two different games, but the dev said that he found a way teep the scope more reasonable. Altough there's still a lot of room for scope creep if we look at how the Lords wordcount got out of hand when compared to the first two games. But hey, at least it won't be like Choice of Rebels, right?
>>
>>2868246
>>Wars will suffer from having to follow from either of vastly different paths both of which will juggle decisions from 3 prior games
I am not so sure about that. There might be ways to conclude the Wulframites vs Royalists early, for example by making Takara invade Tierra after it becomes clear they were the ones that killed the king and Wulfram's family, so both sides agree to reconcile to fight the bigger enemy. I wouldn't even be mad about losing out on a title as long as I was properly compensated for that. Hard cash would suffice.
>>
>>2866289
>Lost Heir Trilogy
>S Tier
This validates your entire list.
>>
>>2868514
If you really like STAT CHECK hell it's probably up there.
>>
>>2868514
>t. doesn't know how to build a character
Get good.
>>
>>2868531
>roleplay
>get fucked because I didn't pick the optimal choices
>>
>>2868536
There is a clear mechanic you are meant to try and understand. Besides, you are playing as a prince on the run, hoping to get strong enough to avenge your family and regain your kingdom. You are meant to be effective.
What else will you complain about? That you shouldn't have to make smart decisions in Choice of Rebels because it's only play pretend and the author will be a hack if he includes an avoidable bad ending?
Lost Heir isn't even that hard, the only bullshit thing in the game is the tournament in part 3 which you can lose without any repercussion. I made a top-tier character on my second run of part 1 (so not even the whole trilogy) and didn't even know people had problems with the game.
Because of your crying hamplanets can write shitty combat which either always screws you over or never lets you fail.
>>
>>2868545
My only issue is you basically need a guide for some of the really cool late game jobs
>>
>>2868531
I was saying the series is good, retard. CoG makes a lot of trash, but the Lost Heir trilogy is so good it redeems the entire CoG platform.

>tons of starting classes with unique builds: magic wielding knight? why not! stealth monk? sure! archer priest? completely viable!
>multiple different adventure paths
>good, evil, neutral options
>multiple romances
>can be a vampire lord, dragon rider, paladin, demon summoner and a dozen other paths
>>
>>2868737
>I was saying the series is good, retard.
Fuck me, I would have sworn you wrote "invalidate." I guess I am retarded, sorry for acting like a fag.
>>
>>2868387
I do not see Takara invading until Masters of Infinity simply because of how many different variables would be coming through in regards tierran army by the end of Lords. Takara is an industrial superpower NotAmerica of magic using elves (only matched by NotChina being equally as strong), with an actual organized standing army that is both more numerous and technologically advanced.
Tierra on the other hand is an impoverished state in middle of a civil war, with the wealthiest part of the country in open rebellion, with an army comprised of levied militias and remnants of half strength infantry and light cavalry, with a military tradition that may fail to be reformed if you fuck it up or choose to hang out home and still stuck with basic flintlock weapons if you don't help figure out how to make breechloaders in Guns and help push them through reforms.
Takara invading is an automatic game over scenario.
>>
>>2869411
And this goes without mentioning that Lords can end with Royalist forces almost fully destoyed, Wulframite forces reduced to 1/4th, opposite being true for both factions and anything inbetween
>>
>>2869411
Who said anything about taking out Takara by ourselves? In fact, they wouldn't even use their full power because they don't see Tierra as an equal, and if they did, Kian would intervene, either by helping Tierra directly or by launching an opportunistic offensive on Takara. I'm not even making stuff up, most of what I post about can be said by your character if your stats are high enough. Moreover, Guerring will complete his version of a rifle even if you don't invest, and that lowers the importance of drilling your troops the way Takarans do. Then they will be at disadvantage because of their low numbers.
>>
>>2869543
>Kian would intervene
I wouldn't really bet on that for now. While Leannejouwe is very pro-Tierra, the Tierra-Kian pact is his personal pet project on which his entire carreer is depending. The Kian goverment itself is much more ambivalent and very unlikely to go to war over Tierra, as they probably won't confrim that whole treaty until Leannejouwe gets something something substantial, like Royalists winning.
>>
>>2869564
Kian hates Takara and if they invaded Tierra, Kian would have perfect casus belli to invade them in turn. It is not about saving Tierra for the goodness of their hearts, it's about using the perfect opportunity to fuck over their long-time enemy. Besides, neither of these countries is a friend to Tierra, it's all about real politics. Tierra has the unfortunate position where they are the buffer state of every great power and that is why neither Takara nor Kian can allow it to fall into the sphere of influence of their enemy.
>>
>>2869566
The thing is, there isn't all that much reason right now for Kian to risk intervening in Tierra currently. While Leannejouwe claims that Tierra and the Northern Kingdoms in general are crucial for Takara-Kian struggle, it isn't exactly the dominating view at the Court. The focus at the moment is at Mhidyossi, where the Kian-backed faction seems poised to win.Giving up Tierra probably doesn't seem like that much of a loss to Kian, as they aren't particularly commited there.
>>
>>2859174
is there any good noir/detective interactive fiction?
>>
>>2869769
Pic related is pretty solid. Noir cyberpunk interactive fiction.
>>
bump
>>
https://chooseyourstory.com/

That site also has a few great ones, though with less RPG mechanics than most. Eternal is my favorite. One of the routes made me cry.
>>
>>2872116
Necromancer is pretty good too
>>
>>2872116
>>2872120
figured the chudland of CYOAs would be popular with someone here but I dont see the appeal. theyre all dogshit stories
>>
File: 497ba77020980927_1920xH.jpg (855 KB, 1920x1080)
855 KB
855 KB JPG
>>2859174
Life and Suffering of Ser Brante is good
>>
bump
good thread
my personal Choice of Games recs:

Choice of Magics
Choice of Robots
Life of a Wizard
SLAMMED
Tin Star
Vampire the Masquerade - Night Road

Zombie Exodus Safe Haven - series isn't finished but i'm enjoying it so far.

Vampire the Masquerade - Parliament of Knives - enjoying it, haven't finished it.
>>
>Sabres of Infinity
I'm having fun so far but I've never played a game like this before and I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing with my stats. Should I try and smooth out the areas I'm bad in, or should I just go all-in on one?
Is it the type of game you replay with different characters to see different content from different choices, or is it the type of game where you replay it gradually improving your character build until you get the most content on one path?
>>
>>2873785
>Is it the type of game you replay with different characters to see different content from different choices, or is it the type of game where you replay it gradually improving your character build until you get the most content on one path?
Whichever floats your boat but for the first, or first few playthroughs, go in blind without stat autism. That leave for one of the future, you might even use a guide or dive into code to check how choices reward or punish you, or why have you lost some stat check in one of the first times you played.
There is a certain build that is all-rounded yet keeps all your stats high but you probably won't get it on your own, and you shouldn't try. That build allows for passing most of the checks in the game.
I will only give you one piece of advice, don't splurge too much. Your family is deeply in debt and they hope you will bust them out or at least delay the problem long enough that future generations will have to deal with it. It is technically possible to wipe your whole debt during Sabres and Guns but I don't think many players go for that route.
>>
>>2873794
Alright, thanks anon. I've never played something with a stat system like this before, I didn't want to get into a situation where I get four chapters in and suddenly can't do anything because my fellow officers don't like me enough or something. Unless that's fun, of course.
>I will only give you one piece of advice, don't splurge too much.
Thanks, I've been trying to pay attention to the backstory and figured that was important. I'll try not to become a complete dissolute. One last question - do the items you can choose as a gift do anything special, or are they just stat boosts?
>>
>>2873838
They are stat boosts but once or twice having these on you can allow you to pass a specific stat check that you would have failed otherwise. Your better horse (so not one that was requisitioned) can also do that at some point.
Of all the items you can get, runegun is the best because it has more checks than the other but it's not an item that you get from your family but one that you have to loot.
>>
>>2873848
Neat, that's a cool way of implementing it. I picked the sword because I'm all about killing things and I was hoping it would let me kill things even harder, from what I understand it's magic or something? I'm not really clear on the Bane yet.
>spoiler
Nice. I'll keep an eye out for it. I have the shitty horse because I nicked a good sergeant instead since I didn't want that other prodigy guy to grab him instead. Cavalry horses die all the time, so it will be fine, right?
>>
>>2873879
>I'm not really clear on the Bane yet.
It is magic that is very difficult in casting, and only a few banebloods are even capable of that. And then casting costs you your life force. You are not a banecaster but as a baneblood, you can sense it.
>I picked the sword because I'm all about killing things
A reasonable choice but I judge it as the third best.
>I took Lanzerel
He is great, especially for your first playthrough but after several runs, I favor Fenton the most, with Lanzerel being second.
>Horses die
Again, a reasonable statement. Depending on your stats and decisions, you can lose horses left and right but it is not especially difficult to keep your first mount alive through Sabres, Guns and Lords. My old Thunderer is still alive and kicking.
>>
here's an optimal guide to both games:

sabres of infinity: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=804075830

guns of infinity: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1581123535

you can make some slight changes to it and still get the same results (did not like being from aetoria cuz Im not a homosexual, so I chose to be from the salt coast and entered the army at age 25, got same results)
>>
>>2874004
Really nice guides in general, but I wouldn't exactly call them optimal if you plan for Lords desu. Some suboptimal choices, like training your lieutenant or having extremely high charisma, turn out to have very significant payoffs in Lords. Cataphrak is very insistent on making min-maxing borderline impossible in the long run.
>>
>>2874004
>here's an optimal guide to both games
Far from it. If you min max, you can do better.
>so I chose to be from the salt coast and entered the army at age 25, got same results
Not the same results, to get the best options in Lords you need more charisma and intellect.
Also, Salt Coast is the worst starting position for Sabres, Guns and Lords. It may have some payoff in Wars but that's to be seen.
>>
>>2874020
>Also, Salt Coast is the worst starting position for Sabres, Guns and Lords

it has soul and thats what matters
>>
>>2874103
>it has soul
And nothing else. Look, you can roleplay as a hick from bumfuck nowhere and have fun but arguing for it and posting a mediocre min-max guide in the same sentence seems schizophrenic.
>>
I don't understand the love for heart of ice
Yes the setting and the worldbuilding is impressive. But there are only 3 real endings and all of them are unsatisfactory. Many of the skills you can pick from, like cybernetics and roguery are bricks.
>>
>>2865447
The only one of these I played was a wrestling one that I remember literally nothing from
>>
>>2873742
Eat shit. The Eternal Emperor story in Eternal is great. Recently got an epilogue too.
>>
Just finished The Eagle's Heir (alt-his where Napoleon won and you have to help his illegitimate son succeed him).
It's pretty good even though the stat mechanic is a bit shitty. You should play it if you're a Napoleonboo
>>
is there a comfy cyoa that makes you feel less lonely? not really into millitary stuff, just wanna vibe with magic idk
>>
>>2875249
If you want a friend simulator most of the CoG games would do you fine. Just pick one with a cast you like. I recently finished Nascent Necromancer and the cast there has a good dynamic.
>>
I would add both Pon Para games to the list of cogs, made by the same author of Night Road. Not only is the only active, epic fantasy saga right now, but the world is very well done, the cast charming, the scales always go up and you can act like some wannabe conqueror in a way that makes sense within the narrative, acumulating power and killing anything in your path. No idea why is so ignored, being as kino as it is.
>>
>>2876408
Yeah it's good. I like the bronze age esque setting too. Melaxu best girl.
>>
>>2876546
>Melaxu best girl.
Absolutely, tho I will probably go for the crow girl or the empress next run.
The cast in general is probably the strongest part after the setting itself.
>>
Excellent thread, thanks to all the anon for the recommendations.
>>
>>2866289
I really the Keeper CYOA , specially 'cuz I love urban fantasy settings and since have some nice details like a hidden stress/sanity level that grows if you overdo with studies and training and actually have some repercussions for example:
on Keeper of Sun and Moon if you choose kill Reyna with a High Level Stress but Low Cruelty(High Kindness) the scene is different: with low stress and low cruelty your character feels guilty and shocked because he killed someone for the first time, meanwhile with High Stress and Low Cruelty(High Kindness) your character snaps and brutality kills Reyna on outburst of rage that traumatized all your friends
this have a throwback Scene on Keeper of Day and Night were on some conversations specially with Seraphine your friends show concern about you snapping again (she straight says that you already killed someone on a fit of anger), and if your Stress/Sanity bar too low again there is a scene were you suitemates do a intervention you about the mental risks of you having sleep deprivation, because you already lose it one and brutally killed Reyna and the MC snaps insults everyone
>>
Lords of Aswick was pretty cool, MetaHuman Inc. as well. Diabolical was fun as long as you played a trickster villain, not an edgelord.
>>
>>2874004
>so I chose to be from the salt coast and entered the army at age 25, got same results
Wonder how stat decay is going to work in Wars and onward, considering the only way to get back the original statline at the end of Lords is to start at 14.
>>
Arcadie Second Born is out on Steam now. I thought the demo was great.
>>
>>2865447
>No Choice of Magic and/or Robots
Poor form
>>2865805
>>Fallen Hero Rebirth
>B-A tier.
I keep hearing good things about it but I tried the demo there's something in the writing that I absolutely HATE. Can't put my finger on what it is
>>
>>2880330
Just finished it. Recommended. Unfortunate it has a sequel bait ending though.

FUCK the nobles. We divine right now.
>>
File: 1670762392717719(1).png (1.77 MB, 1200x3125)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB PNG
>>
>>2880330
Played the demo yesterday. It was Choice of Games tier. It wasn't absolute trash but it is very close to one.
>>
>>2884285
Personally enjoyed being a revenge fuelled bloodthirsty maniac in the full game.
>>
File: 1426071355331.png (228 KB, 600x315)
228 KB
228 KB PNG
>>2868246
>At least half a year until Lords of Infinity
Not half a year but still 3 months, it comes out in march
>>
>>2859174
i love lucas zapers games, it really shows that hes a fan of tabletops. the dude posts here regularly, sometimes he hollers at me after i make a cyoa thread but it always dies before i can talk to him
also look up endmasters games at chooseyourstory
>>2859502
guns was too on the nose about faggotry
>>2860547
yeah no shit, a sad state of affairs. still, some games can be good despite their blatant sodomy
>>
>>2865805
>Samurai of Hyuuga
i feel you. the autor bolloxed it hard, the first games are good but they get progressively worse with every installment
>>
>>2865447
>>2865805
>>2866289
choice of robots is at least A tier. even to this day when i replay it i find scenarios i never stumbled upon
>>
>>2884532
>guns was too on the nose about faggotry
Come on, anon. Guns is 1/1000th gay the other choice of gaymes are. You are even allowed to play as a xenophobe, a misogynist and berate your gay friend when he comes out of the closet in a private conversation risking his reputation. #"An unpleasant duty is one which must be done, regardless of one's personal feelings."
There is even an amusing if small mockery of vegans or vegetarians. Which is even better, at some capacity being a misogynist or berating your friend can pay off.
Show me a choice of or hosted games where you can do any of these and not be punished for it.
>>
Give me your best power fantasy CoG/CYOA
>>
>>2884650
choice of the dragon without question
choice of the robot lets you become an evil cyberpunk overlord
tower behind the moon is pretty much about you being the most powerful archmage in the known world
hero of kendrickstone and its sequel if you specialize
vampire regent and war for the west are about you playing the role of someone powerful and influential
you can become an extremely powerful big dick lord in lords of aswick if you play your cards right
eternal and necromancer from chooseyourstory

nothing else comes to mind
>>
>>2884560
yeah youre not wrong. i guess i got frustrated when the game treated female inclusion in the army in the same regard as commoners'
>>
>>2884754
>the game treated female inclusion in the army in the same regard as commoners
It kinda makes sense in-universe desu. With the whole baneblood-baneless divide and the "banebloods are naturally predisposed towards command" coolaid having noble female officers could be possibly seen as less radical than giving the baneless power. You have an option to say this in-game and even the feminist waifu herself is elitist.
>>
>>2884650
Choice of Robots let's you turn Alaska into a killbot powered rogue state and end the SinoAmerican war by beating both sides si badly they go home. In my playthrough I did this and then uploaded myself to the central AI, becoming the immortal overlord. From the moment I saw the weakness of my flesh I was disgusted.

On a more grounded level The Last Wizard can get you crazy powerful if you specialize enough in one field. Talking army destroying, dragon taming, living God levels.
>>
>>2884744
>>2884827
Okay I'll give Choice of Robots a try
Tower behind the moon also seems cool
>>
Other cog/hosted games games that nobody mentioned that are also cool:
Somme trench
Divided we fall
Lords of aswick
Donor
Slammed!
Silverworld
Ironheart
>>
>>2884560
theres a fag in guns? don't remember him
>>
Werewolves: Haven Rising is pretty cool.
The second one forces you take an extremely sketchy vaccine made by a dr bitch who is obviously up to no good, turns out rebellious and bloodthirsty werewolves are unquestioning goyim, even more so than humans apparently.
>>
Absolute Kino: https://chooseyourstory.com/story/eternal
Also check out /tg/ /cyoag/ for image based cyoas that kinda work like rpg character builders with a premise. Here’s one of my favorites: https://imgchest.com/p/9rydpeo6ykz
>>
>>2885122
Eternal is really good. I just wish Endmaster would get a copyeditor, his shit is always full of typos. The Eternal Emperor route has an epilogue in the recent release he did the Pure, the Vile, and the Deadly
>>
>>2885068
That elf, Cassius, is a degenerate bifag. In Lords there are several noname fags if you look out for them (ie act like a fag), and one character admits to being gay, provided you befriend him before and talk about his impending marriage. I think it was done rather tastefully but you know users of their forum, they can debate gaying it up with elves for 500 posts.
>>
>>2885068
Marcus Havenport is a gay romance option in the following games, Lewes as well. Cassius is likely going to be one as well, but he could also be the unrequited homo option mentioned by the dev. Hartigan is also possibly one, given that your only conversation with him in Lords can end up having strange undertones if you have very high relationship with him.
>>
I really don't get appeal of cyoa games like Eternal where 90% of the time you only have 2 choices, with one of them being 'oops, you died time to go back and choose the obviously (to the author) correct choice' you might as well just write a book at that point
>>
>>2885563
Same. I want choices, lots of them and impactful. Otherwise it's just a dogshit novel made even harder to read.
>>
>>2885563
I get that but I spent a lot of my childhood reading gamebooks that worked exactly thus so I get less frustrated than I do nostalgic. The thing I like about Endmasters stuff is the wildly differing scenarios. The three main branches of Eternal barely resemble each other and I think that's really cool.
>>
Talking about Lords of Infinity any knows if you can cash in the investments made to the new rifle? Becouse i have big debt to settle and i need money.
>>
>>2885643
Not in the Lords. You can only get it recommended for adoption, limited or full, if you join the military commission and even then all of those proposed reforms have to be approved by the Cortes.
If you have significant monetary concerns, your main options are probably either joining the Shipowners or those sweet wolfbucks.
>>
>>2885643
If you have already have big debt you might as well just keep taking loans, it's literally unlimited free money!
What could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>2885661
Damn it! then it's pointless. I need the money to develop my state. If i can't get the money in Lords i'd rather save it or buy a commission.

>>2885688
Those interest rates are going to be our undoing.
>>
>>2885797
>buy a commission
Not that good of an idea desu. Your rank is brought up relatively rarely and you end up being lieutenant colonel anyway.
> interest rates
The good guys don't get those :^)
>>
>>2885841
>spoiler
Seniority matters. If you buy your commission, you are about in the middle of the pecking order. If you are granted one, you are near the bottom. We will learn how much that influences your power after Lords, and I agree that for now, it is not an optimal idea to buy it. And maybe you will be able to pull it off with no seniority but high charisma/reputation/influence.
>>
Are any of them not woke?
>>
>>2886024
Plenty. I'd recommend something but you didn't tell me what you like, just what you don't.
>>
>>2885841
Commissions pay for themselves over the course of Guns and Lords. Seniority might end up playing a major role in Wars.
>>
>>2886051
I believe the lieutenant-colonel commission pays itself in about half during the course of Lords. I'm not sure about the major commission because I always volunteer for the forlorn hope. Speaking of which, I am disappointed that we don't have many occasions to flex our double griffon.
>>
>>2885879
>>2886051
It bears noting that if you don't go the war crimes route then your promotion in Lords is backdated to 2nd Kharangia, giving you 8 years of seniority instead of the normal 6, which makes buying it in Guns completely worthless as far as seniority goes.
>>
>>2886083
Yes but that seniority is somewhat questionable and some officers might cause problems on the line, and many bigwigs like Palliser and Lefebvre are still higher on the totem pole. In my case, I do go for the secret mission, then convince lady Anna to surrender while my soldiers take potshots at hussars. It's pretty good money and arguably also a moral thing to do. Up until now, I decided against buying the commission and I will likely play it that way because I already invested 4k into Garring's project. I hope that Isobel intimidates cortes into accepting at least partially outfitting some regiments. Honestly, my Lords playthrough was borrowing money, investing it into my barony, joining shipowners, investing into stocks, and scamming everyone at cards. Luckily my fellow club members see it in a positive light.
I made some notes and my earnings from cards are equal to almost 4k, 2k from the shorting scheme and additional 500 crowns from a successful intellect check during one of the early winters. In the second half of the game, I can also ask for a loan of 5k from the club and immediately reinvest that money to salvage some of my influence. At that point my revenue and spending (including the interest rate) more or less stabilize and I should end with some cash in my pocket, alongside my stocks. But apparently, we are expected to pay for a lot of stuff in Wars so I don't know if I'm not screwed, most of my plans to unfuck my house are very long-term.
>>
>>2886044
I somewhat enjoyed brandte but I admit that's the only game of the genre I played
>>
>>2886111
Had a brain fart. I invested 2k in Garring's project which nearly bankrupted me. I started out Lords having a bit over 4k.
>>
List of best completed series? Preferably standalone games. I'm so tired of sequel baits.
>>
>>2886120
Try Suzerain
>>
>>2886111
Most of the named bigwigs are higher than you either way, on both sides of the conflict.
I'm not even sure if your seniority is actually tracked by the code, the only thing that I remember seeing is that being a lieutenant-colonel at the start of the Lords gives you more grenadier square influence which is used like once but may be useful in the future. And that influence is probably going to be useless for Wulframites considering that GS is at the other side of the conflict and you can, you know, sack the place.
My main MC only invested 1k in Garing's project, but he also went to the SM to be a child murderer, so my monetary situation is so-so. Probably going to have to powerplay the estate management with meta knowledge. Scamming Wulfram for 50k is also an option, but that means playing Aetoria sub-optimally.
>>
>>2886111
Can you convince Anna to surrender? I'm guessing the option is behind a high charisma check. Because my character has high intellect and soldiering, and the only option to capture her was through the sacrifice of almost all my men
>>
>>2886749
He's talking about the queen, not the princess. You *can* capture her with a charisma check if you can speak Antari perfectly, but you will still lose at the very least half of your soldiers, more + your leutenants if you don't meet the stat checks or place your troops anywhere but barring the gate before you try to capture.
>>
>>2886749
Anna is the mother, and Aleksandra is the daughter, as the anon above me said. Convincing Anna is actually easier that you could expect, it is also possible to catch her with high soldiering. Doing so grants you 2,5k because that asshole Lefebvre takes lion's share for capturing her, and if your favored lieutenant has high independence he will capture some hussars that were escorting Aleksandra, your's share being 1,5k from that, which equals to 4k unless I remember it wrongly. An additional perk to this decision is the fact you lose no soldier under your command, which obviously helps in Lords and likely also in Wars. That is why I prefer it over the second Kharangia.
>>2886452
>he also went to the SM to be a child murderer
Do you mean that literally? I'm asking because I wonder about your motivation, is it for RP reasons? Simply killing Aleksandra doesn't personally give you anything, no ransom money, nothing. At Kharangia at least you are entitled to part of the loot money, though capturing Anna is an even better decision, finance wise.
>>
>>2886858
Yes, I mean literally. RP reasons mostly, safeguarding Tierra's future, just following orders and all of that. Makes for an interesting character arc and has potentionally very major ramifications, unlike most of your decisions in Sabres and Guns. Her dialogue when captured also gave me an impression that she could indeed become an able successor for Khorobirit, which would be a major threat to Tierra. Of course there's always a chance that killing her actually proves to be a bad choice in the long run, with Prince Jugashavil living up to his IRL namesake, but if that actually ever happens the pure irony of it would make it worth it. You actually do get something out of it: a major boost to Cat's relationship, becoming friends with Lefebvre if you pissed him off in Sabres, about the same amount of money from the hussars that you would get from a low rep 2nd Kharangia run or another option to harden your troops if you decide to kill them.
>>
>>2886894
Thank you for answering. Truthfully, I never bought into that argument because Khorobirit seems to be fucked regardless of the exact outcome, his enemies pounce on him and he is stuck in a quagmire for at least two decades. Aleksandra is a proud and fierce girl, she might become something between Joanne d'Arc and Napoleon, but I also wonder if she shares her father's arguably unwise ambition. I think she would go scorched earth if you allowed Anna to die but she might decide to cut her losses if her family is alive and well. I am aware that most of what I wrote is a headcanon but the belief that Tierra's future depends if a daughter of a magnate lives or dies seems very farfetched to me. Anyways, I think that Antar arc is finished and the true big bad for Tierra is Takara.
>>
>>2886905
Not that anon, but if you invite Loch in Guns, in Lords he visits your mansion and among the things you can talk with him about is the way Antar lead the war where you learn that they've been constantly fucked over by their Open Veto system and in proper circumstances could field half a million people as opposed to barely 50 thousand. Khorobirit had his way of tardwrangling their version of senate and both his wife and his daughter are implied to be just as good at it.
Considering this, it's not that much of a leap of logic to conclude that some day Antar might actually get its shit together under leadership like this. In that scenario Tierra would never stand a chance.
>>
if you have to spoiler half the thread you might not be playing an rpg
>>
>>2886923
Antar hates Octovian Empire so any attempt at unification will be doomed. Khorobirit has countless enemies inside Antar, and after they sensed blood they openly declared war on his house. And let's be honest, Antar is no bigger threat than Takara or Kian, Tierra is fucked unless they become so strong that invading them becomes so costly it causes the collapse of the invader. Taking out Antar from the equation does not change Tierra's shitty geopolitical location.
>>
>>2886905
Takara (and to a lesser extent Kian) are indeed the main threat right now, but I'm thinking in a more distant perspective. Tierra only won the Dozen Years War because Antar is even more of a shitshow than Tierra is, both in terms of politics and military(according to the Welles Report most of their infantry at Blogia didn't even have any guns). If Antar were a unified, modernized state Tierra would get absolutely demolished. Khorobirit and his ambitions may result in such a state becoming a reality. It may not happen in our time, but a chance of nipping such a potentiality in the bud is still worth it, as it would remove a threat for future generations.
>Antar hates Octovian Empire so any attempt at unification will be doomed. Khorobirit has countless enemies inside Antar, and after they sensed blood they openly declared war on his house.
The unified Khorobirit-led Antar isn't neccessarily going to be modeled after Octovia. For one, the dev has mentioned that Khorobirit would style himself as "merely" the first among equals. His enemies sensed blood, yes, but he also managed to beat them back. He also still has some significant allies remaining, and even with just Noribirit and Jugashavil alone Khorobirit controls a significant portion of Antar. As long as Khorobirit(whether led Ivan or potentially Aleksandra) can serve as a unifying force, Tierra is under a threat.
>>
File: 1641076686587.png (316 KB, 640x285)
316 KB
316 KB PNG
>>2886929
Explain your logic.
>>
>>2887034
this would imply the game is narrative rather than player driven, since discussing any detail regarding the game would ruin it, because it is not a unique player experience but instead a series of branching narration.
>>
>>2887038
>this would imply the game is narrative rather than player driven
May I remind you that you are in a Choose Your Own Adventure thread
>>
>>2887040
no shit, but you are playing a puzzle not a rpg
>>
>>2887042
Explain your logic.
>>
>>2887038
We were explicitly talking about the ending of the second game in the series, which is also the last one officially out, and also spoilers from the third game which will be published in a few months. It's not some deep lore. And our characters make a very important choice at the end of Guns of Infinity which was what sprung most of the spoilered discussion.
>>
>>2887045
what logic? it's a puzzle with narrative rewards.
>>
>>2887047
You are a moron.
>>
>>2887042
Retard-kun, basically every choose your own adventure book and game is a puzzle by that logic because you are following a narrative in case of the former and try to match the stat checks in case of the latter.
This is equally as applicable to literally every other rpg that doesn't involve smacking people with a stick
>>
>>2887048
you're butthurt
>>
>>2887051
>literally every other rpg that doesn't involve smacking people with a stick
so it doesnt involve any rpg
>>
>>2887053
>>2887052
>It's the "muh combat" retard
Figures.
>>
>>2887054
>I just need my stories, leave me alone. nevermind that I have the same taste in entertainment as an 80 year old woman.
>>
>>2887058
Good thing that you're here to enlighten us about how smacking people with a stick is a "unique player experience", good taste haver.
>>
dont feed the trolls
>>
>>2887074
Stop responding to him.
>>
>>2887074
conflict is important, ideally dialogue should feel like combat, which is why disco was one step closer to story fag games not being eternally shit games for people too lazy/ignorant to engage with actual literature. my ideal "face" character would engage people in ace attorney style court battles, but with stat checks.
>>
>>2887038
kys faggot
>>
>>2887051
NTA but I'd say that some cyoa are like that. Those where there is only one proper storyline and all other choices are just "you failed, try again" or completely meaningless.
>>
Finding the right combination of skills to pass the most relevant skill checks in the game is such a chore. I'm going to replay the first game by cheating the living shit outta it. Lets see how far can i go with a 14 y.o kid with max soldiering, intelligence and charisma.
>>
When playing choice of games stuff I often barely skim over text that's not a choice description. Any games with a better ratio for that? More choices compared to stuff that ain't a choice.
>>
Arcadie SB sucked ass
>>
>>2887195
id say its fairly obvious. imo the complicated thing is finding the balance between prioritising your training or your mens; and knowing that even if you choose an adequate tactic beffiting your talents, it may not be the best one in that specific circumstance
>>
Think Im safe to call it, Golden Rose was this years best CoG release. A Mage Reborn was fun but very short. Sword of Rhivenia was a railroad with potential.
>>
>>2887659
>Golden Rose
Based and Latinpilled
> A Mage Reborn
It's very good is a light-read and play but very fun, also accepting your fate and acting like villain (even if you are not one) just to not hurt your party was a little kino
>Sword of Rhivenia
The best thing of Sword of Rhivenia is that the MC literally acts like /v/
>>
>>2887659
It's not like there was all that much competition this year desu, but yeah Golden Rose is probably the best one. Wish it was less of a cocktease for the sequels tho. The whole tendency of CoG authors writing a series where you have to wait several decades just to find out how the story ends is really annoying. At least write them to be relatively self-contained instead of just abruptly stopping mid-story with a "tune in next millenium ".
>>
bump
>>
What's up with that shitty art that I see lately in choice of games? Wasn't one of their slogans that it's story of just imagination with no images or smth like that? I wouldn't mind images if they were at least of passable quality but those make me instantly dislike the characters depicted.
>>
>>2859200
>Legionary Life
I really like it, and I love Rome
But it annoys me they use the Post-Marian reform legionary system in a time period that is well before that.
>>
I'm seeing people talk about CoG games. But wasn't there a series of there where you play a demi-god or something? Or like a prophet?
I vaguely remember playing part of the first game of that, but I don't remember what it's called. Or how good/bad it is.
>>
>>2890840
In The Aether: Life as a God you play as, well, a god. That's probably not the one you are looking for. There was also Champion of the Gods, check if that was the game you are talking about.
Delight Game's Wizard's Choice was pretty fun but very linear. Magium is also worth noting for it being a long-spanning game with a pretty decent cast and autistic in amusing way MC.
>>
>>2890846
>Champion of the Gods
That's the one!
Is it any good? I never got around to playing more of it, as I had shit to do and put it down for ages before forgetting about it.
>>
>>2890848
I didn't like it very much, to be honest. Don't be discouraged to try it if you want, though.
>>
>>2890846
The delight games are all super linear, more book with failstates than a game

Did not stop me having a blast with Rogues choice though, and at least it has five or so true endings.
>>
>>2890441
The newest release, Choice of Viking(which was pretty good for mainline) has a toggle for them. I also found them unappealing
>>
>>2890852
>The delight games are all super linear, more book with failstates than a game
Yes, sadly. Moreover, picking optimal choices hardly matters, as long as you survive till the end of a chapter. It only improves your score rating instead of giving you more resources to play with. Wizard's Choice is great as a spine but would need some ribs to flesh the game out.
>>
>>2859174
Alpha protocol
>>
>>2859174
all the choice of games are so expensive...
>>
>>2893624
This is true, so it's best to buy on sale and really research if one will give you multiple runs
>>
I love the choice of games and the hosted games. I’ve even made one in the past that had like five hours of content but then I lost my apartment and motivation.

Every year I think. This is it the year I make my text based adventure game. But no it’s too much work and I often only want to write one of the routes. Besides when I first started there wasn’t so many, it was easy to imagine you’d stand out. Also I mostly write smut and I don’t think they would let me include that kind of content.
>>
File: Untitled.png (55 KB, 818x524)
55 KB
55 KB PNG
>>2894570
>Also I mostly write smut and I don’t think they would let me include that kind of content.
There's a whole locked subsection of their forum for adult content. Granted, most of the games there aren't actually smut, but I've seen a BDSM game there. They allow writing erotica, although I've no idea if they would be actually willing to publish it. Almost all of that section are dead WiPs so as far as I know there's no existing precedent.
>>
>>2894610
It’s so tempting and my smut is more end game few scenes stuff that I could probably edit out but for marketing reasons I would need to let you choose your gender, and include gay romance’s. And it’s not that I don’t like gays, I’m gay. But I don’t want to write girl on girl. Also the company depends a lot on the App Store and has to abide by there content restrictions.
>>
>>2894623
There are some successful gender-locked games in there, the Dragoon Saga being the most notable example. I, the Forgotten One doesn't have any gay options for females and seems to be one of the most popular recent WiP. So completely folding to their demands isn't absolutely mandatory, especially if you aren't trying to get published under their CoG brand (which is IIRC much more forceful about their inclusivity stuff). Women representing a significant portion of their audience is still probably a problem sales-wise tho.
>>
>>2894623
You can always self-publish. Publishing as part of CoG/Hosted Games allows you to use their engine and tap into their player base but they take a portion of your income. I'd still try first to cooperate with them, you can get some beta testers niggers for free if you are good or lucky enough. The author of the Dragoon Saga has so many beta testers he doesn't know what to do with them, and they are outrageously autistic codedivers.
>>
>>2894623
Some of the people dissatisfied with CoG policies left to port their games to Twine, with self-published CYOAs having a growing scene at itch. You have a lot more of creative freedom with Twine and most of the competition there are the Patreon-bait dating stim forever WiPs from the tumblr crowd. Making a CYOA on ChoiceScript would in-theory mean a bigger player base, but you're forbidden to publish the game on your own and under the Hosted Games brand they take 75% of the money made by your game.
>>
>>2894623
Use Twine, theres smut all over Twine. One of the most popular CoG work in progress games recently had a falling out with the company and ported to twine, released on steam. It had some racy content.
>>
>>2893624
ye, I'm waiting for this sale to pick some up
>>
>still the best system for solo adventures
>had a videogame
>nobody ever played it

It's a real shame, it's a really fun game despite the weird level scaling stuff.
>>
>>2895821
How much prep do I need to play it on a modern PC? Believe it or not my Dad had one of those old books and talked to me about it back when I was first getting into ttrp stuff.
>>
>>2896195
None, it's just dosbox.
>>
>>2896205
Ill give it a run then, haven't used Dosbox since my last run through of Elite.
>>
>>2895348
So what's the name of the game.
>>
>>2896332
I assume he means Arcadie, that was a WIP on the forums over at CoG but it ended up being self published the other week.
>>
So what Twine games do you reccomend?
>>
>>2896423
I liked Arcadie. The problem is a lot of the better ones Ive tried are nowhere near finished, like Scout or Wayfarer. There is something about these single person projects that just seems to take ages for them to get made, if they ever are finished.

Honestly it tempts me to learn Twine myself just because I was born with work ethic
>>
>>2896423
I liked a somewhat coomer game about a guy who sells top grade honey going into a cave filled with slimes to get it back.
>>
>>2896423
Trigaea is a pretty nice Scifi adventure. Has some real gameplay (Which is CoC-tier but still) and you can actually finish it.
Superstition is also nice from what I've heard. Has 2 books ("Seasons") complete and a third one is coming out right now.
Most of the Twine games are WiPs and their authors often lock the more complete versions behind Patreon, so if you want to just pick up a book and finish it you won't really find much of that here. Arcadie is notable for being the first of the CoG exodus wave to actually release, but as far as its quality goes, I personally thought it was pretty meh.
>>
based on all the shilling in this thread i have decided to give sabres of infinity a try and damn is it fun. just finished storm of steel so i decided to go full WWJD (what would junger do) on my first blind playthrough.
>middle of exercise, that fag Elson fell off his horse
>remember how Junger disregarded all advice and dashed through an artillery bombardment to save his brother
>even though the stakes here were much lower, no reason not to try doing the same
>got stealth commended by the captain for my bravery

>boarding action, ofc the madman junger would volunteer for it, if only to sate his bloodthirst
>we were charging over but something seemed off
>remember how in one of his last actions, junger stopped to check a fork in the trench and narrowly escaped a kiwi ambush
>okay we should slow down a bit just to make sure
>turned out there actually was a trap and i got a medal for saving many marines lives that day

>got assigned to an outpost, commander had a risky as fuck plan to ambush a superior force
>hell yeah why not
>rushed like there was no tomorrow to the site and did all the preparatory work, especially the firing loops because junger would never pass over a chance to protect his men
>ambush underway, getting a bit jittery cause we werent in the action yet
>could choose between continue plinking like cucks or charge straight into melee
>decided to charge ofc and managed to get the whole force to surrender
>got another medal for my bravery

1/?
>>
>>2896808
>setting out to reinforce a besieged outpost
>could choose what types of supply to bring
>remember the autistic detail with which junger described his trench raiding kit, with especial notice on the extra guns and grenades
>decided that ammo would probably be more useful in the open space where we were going so picked that
>surrounded in an outpost on all sides, cuck commander acted like nothings wrong
>junger did take command of other platoons and companies on occasion (however always because the original commander was killed or wounded)
>lets do the same here and relieve that fag of his duty (sadly there was no choice to relieve him of life too)
>there was a lull in the fighting, thank god the extra ammo came through for us
>got another choice between running back with tail between legs or charging the enemy head on
>ofc junger would never pass over a good fight
>ended up beating the fuck out of the partisans
>when i returned, made sure to ruin that faggot lancers career so he couldnt hurt more men and got a banegun for all my trouble

>decided to stay at the front for another year, junger was not the type of man to be satisfied pushing papers
>my men went all hush hush, directly asked them whats wrong
>cause they actually trusted me they let me know something fishy was going on
>got called in by quartermaster to catch some 'deserters', suspicious as fuck
>managed to get him to spill the beans, shits serious
>set out the find the grenadiers committing war crimes
>junger never had to deal with partisans but he did treat enemy civilians well
>decided to bring them back so they could get court-martialed later
>nigger quartermaster tried to bribe me to stay silent but ofc i reported him to the commander, junger might be a tad bit bloodthirsty but he would never stoop so low as to torture and kill civilians
>got another commendation and my next promotion paid for

2/?
>>
>>2896808
>>2896821

>thumbing my ass in town
>superior officer told me i was free to do whatever the fuck i wanted
>even though he hated paperwork, junger, being an autistic kraut, would probably remain at his post anyway out of a sense of duty
>stayed behind and was offered to peruse my commanders private library
>junger found a rare books collection in the middle of the frontline and only regretted not being able to take some along
>no need to hesitate then

>finally got a new command
>turned out to be a bunch of impressed convicts
>no matter, i would drill them from dawn to dusk like junger drilled his handpicked stormtroopers
>managed to get some sense of cohesion and discipline into them
>ran into that fag elson again, got ordered to help him out
>his staff was a clusterfuck so i took the initiative and presented a third option
>junger managed to capture a company over twice his strength by sheer surprise, hoped i would be able to replicate that
>the plan worked perfectly and i exchanged some pleasantries with the captured officer while letting the rest of the men go
>received yet another medal

>finally, big battle time
>we were initially winning when enemy heavy cavalry broke the opposite flank and threatened to roll over the entire line
>all the retards in my dragoon decided to banzai charge the enemy
>fuck them im staying here with cazarosta to cover our armys retreat
>since cazarosta somehow seemed even more bloodthirsty than ernst junger, decided to let him hold the ground while my men got some target practice from the towers
>ran out of ammo and had to join the melee but managed to stay alive in spite of everything
>was personally congratulated by the king and raised to knighthood
>sadly game did not have a section listing all the injuries and scars i have acquired so i couldnt compare my character to the man himself

game was so fun bros im definitely continuing ernst dal jungers career. will probably do another blogpost when im done.
>>
>>2896808
>>2896821
>>2896851
kino, keep going anon
>>
Based Junger enjoyer.

No way in hell you live through Guns.
>>
>>2896808
>>2896821
>>2896851
Not bad for a first blind run, I thought you were metagaming until you decided to not take the bribe for covering civilian murders.
Looking forward to your playthrough of Lords, my bet is your epilogue will be defaulting on debts, heh.
>>
>>2896851
On the Camp Assault win Elson, I hoaxed the enemy Commander I kidnapped him and slaughter his men.
>>
Only the finest CYOA's for me.
>>
>>2897223
>metagaming
i was actually surprised to see how close my run was to meta when i looked up a couple walkthroughs after the fact too. i suspect this is mostly because ernst junger was a real life metagamer (or because the dev really loved the idea of a perfect soldier as embodied by cazarosta), everything about his career went just right. my absolute favourite part from the novel is when junger casually mentioned how the men loved him the same way they loved a voluntary meatshield. well jokes on them, most would end up dead before peace broke out while junger would live on to a cosy 103 years old.
im just disappointed that the game does not have a luck stat so i couldnt simulate all the leaving too early/arriving too late to get blown to kingdom come junger got up to in the novel. even the one time a shell actually landed in the middle of his formation and vaporized the majority of his company junger just got a light shellshock. sometimes i wonder what could of been if only the devstsches reich had another 50 jungers or so.
>>
>>2897588
>Oops! You're Naked!
Oh shit I remember that site. And that story specifically. I remember you can coal burn a giga-nigger at the beach and then have him run away while carrying you on his dick. And there was another one on that site where you're a spirit and can possess a girl and make her fuck a horse, then leave her to get split in two.

Is that site still up? You got a link? I'm feeling nostalgic all of a sudden.
>>
>>2897588
Didn't they do a purge of a bunch of content a few years back?
>>
>>2897711
Can you post your character sheet from the epilogue? I am curious what are your personal and unit stats.
>>
File: mylaststorm.png (182 KB, 1920x1018)
182 KB
182 KB PNG
>>2898069
sure here it is. if this had been the real junger then all the stats, not just reputation, would have been through the roof. i would say the balance of beliefs is fairly true to storm of steel at least. junger remained almost eerily optimistic about the ability of war to temper the human soul while at the same time embittered towards his own superiors for their strategic and tactical blunders. my character may seem surprisingly merciful but that was par for the course imo. junger always treated prisoners honorably and that one time he shot a young british soldier before the lad could surrender he wrote
>It wasnt a case of you or me anymore. I often thought back on him; and more with the passing of the years. The state, which relieves us of our responsibility, cannot take away our remorse; and we must exercise it. Sorrow, regret pursued me deep into my dreams.
>>
File: wefightourwaythrough.png (280 KB, 1920x1021)
280 KB
280 KB PNG
>>2898204
and here what's left of his motley crew after blogia. ill have to try to figure out how to export the save file on my pirated version of the game too
>>
>>2898204
>glitching thru reputation without previous knowledge of the game
m-masaka....
>>
>>2898207
>figure out how to export the save file on my pirated version of the game too
From what I remember, there shouldn't be a problem there. I've successfully imported my saves in the pirated Samurai of Hyuuga games without doing anything. IIRC they still store your import saves even if your game is pirated.
>>
>>2898204
I assumed you completely dumped charisma. All in all, you did better than me on my first blind playthrough, although I blame here the option to ask for the promotion to lieutenant early. I assumed it would give me an option to do anything during these two years you can spend delaying the promotion, but you don't get anything except for an opportunity to waste your money on dragonlocks. You don't even get a seniority over anyone nor it allows you to buy future promotions earlier. It's a shit option all things considered.
Pic rel is my last run, very metagamey but I put my own spin by maxing out loyalty and morale and dumping discipline. Works rather well in Guns but have to avoid early discipline checks.
>>
>>2898239
Forgot to attach.
>>2898235
As anon here says, there shouldn't be any problem. I first pirated it, stored my saves and played both games many times. I finally bought them this year, can still play on my old saves, not that there is any reason to.
>>
>>2897989
I also share some archeological interest in this
>>
>>2898243
lol tf happened to your mens discipline
did you never bother to check stats through your gameplay?
>>
>>2898243
>65 health
ngmi
>>
>>2898255
Did that intentionally. At the start of Guns it gets corrected to 25, morale gets lowered to 35, and loyalty to 40. I finish Guns with 66 discipline, 66 morale, and 75 loyalty. It again gets lowered in Lords but to a pretty decent number.
>>2898259
I finish Guns with 40 health and did not lose a point in Lords. It might screw me over in Wars depending on how stat degradation will work in part 4 but for the first 3 games it works perfect.
>>
>>2898271
IIRC the author said that health/age penalties just weren't implemented in the open beta, but I might be wrong.
That being said, I just think that if you were a TRVE metagamer then you would finish Sabres with 75 health. Thunderer isn't really worth it, the only time when he's helpful is when your alternative is the ruthless-locked option which gives more reputation. And if you really wanna have the best level horse and are meta-gaming then you can just use the comissioned horse exploit and get Scimitar instead.
>>
>>2898235
>>2898243
wait how did you guys do it? i did get an option to name my save game but how do i retrieve it from the server afterwards? it seems like the game was also supposed to ask me for my email or sth like that so that i could actually export the save.
>>
>>2898284
There should be an email field under the option to name your save or something.
>>
>>2898283
Ending Sabers with 65 and 75 doesn't really matter if you end up going into Forlorn Hope in Guns, since most reputation efficient route will get you tossed below 50 and healed back to 50/45/40 depending on your age anyway.
We'll have to wait til Wars to see if preserving your own health at all cost is going to be more valuable than being the coolest, most decorated dude in the country.
>>
>>2897989
>>2898245
But of course.
https://editthis.info/create_your_own_story/Main_Page

>>2898056
They ctrl-f'd all the underage girls into """18+""" and did purge actual pedofantasies, iirc.
>>
>>2898478
vgh.....
>>
>>2898473
There are many opportunities to increase your rep, meanwhile your health can't be increased at all. Sacrificing your health for some rep is imo not that good of a trade, especially when it's not all that useful in Guns and you get quite a few opportunites to get more rep in Lords with good stats. You can still end up being the coolest and most decorated dude(although you're still only the 3-4th as far as fame goes) while being perfectly healthy if you're heartless enough
>>
>>2898509
Sure, you can sacrifice a bunch of your soldiers to just blow up the trap, but the reputation trade off there is such that you won't be able to hit the rep breakpoint without also giving up on stuff like decorating your entire troop for not sacking the city and trying to uphold order while you were away. And that's my personal point on which I don't move on no matter what run I make.
Beyond that, both automatic -5 health events in Lords are easily avoidable so a base of 50/45 doesn't sound terrible.
>>
>>2898283
>IIRC the author said that health/age penalties just weren't implemented in the open beta, but I might be wrong.
If that's true, not only I am screwed but the balance itself is. There are already some very difficult checks that you need to minmax heavily to pass, and in one of the previous versions, there was also something that I think was mathematically impossible to pass and had to be nerfed.
>>2898509
Forlorn Hope gives you a shitton of reputation but not only that. Free promotion means a lot of cash stays in your pocket, and it being early means you have a higher salary for at least some time. I think it's about 1000 crowns in total. You also get a Gryphon and if you already had one then you are on par with the most elite officers in Terran history. You can increase morale and loyalty by a lot. It is the only way to make Cazarosta a major, which might be of importance in Wars.
>>
>>2898515
Eh, dunno.That 25% rep doest seem enticing, but it remains to be seen if it's worth the cost. Honoring your squadron is still just a -15% hit to rep which you can fix in other ways. By the time reputation gets actually needed in Lords you get ample opportunity to fix it. More over, judging from your build, you have enough charisma to get a lot of rep in Lords and are also a lot less dependent on it to pass the combined stat checks.
>>2898564
Yeah, but you can do Forlorn Hope and still have full health. The only thing you're missing out on is getting that 25 rep and a bit of morale and loyalty. You can still let your men save the wounded and counterattack if you played the games well enough.
IIRC age/health stuff is intended to be mostly soldiering related. Stat degradation hurts less once you realize that your personal stats matter less than they did and you have the combined x+y>z checks now. There's a playtester at the forums who's managed to get max royalist rewards with a joke cheat 5/5/5 character.
>>
>>2898593
Right, but if you go for Aetoria route you will burn your reputation quickly because of the constant slander, either from your opponents or from both sides if you are neutral. Neutral to saboteur burns it even faster.
I started Lords with 79 reputation and ended it with only a bit over 50, if I remember correctly and I didn't do meme actions like selling votes or asking everyone for a loan.
And I see reputation as one of the most valuable resources rather than a stat, so when I think there is a good trade-off I take it. That's why going full hero at FH might complement my playstyle.
And I intend to hang back in Wars, I already trained my officers and sergeants to do their job even if I am not present.
>>
>>2898608
At the point your rep gets tanked you don't really need it that much. The commission and the treaty are done by that time. My playtest character was a suboptimal 45/45/75 who got most of his squad killed at the Secret Mission and who didn't have a particularly great rep at the start and I still had a pretty good run despite doing stuff like trying to be neutral. I've passed the treaty, salvaged the commission, kept wulframite_power at more managable levels, got a pretty decent result at battle for Aetoria and got an Earldom. My estate was doing pretty badly and my debt grew considerably, but that was still pretty managable. Granted, that was at the time when the final chapters just released, so maybe something significant changed since then.
>>
>Choice of Rebels 2 WiP is up
Save your souls, the end of times is upon us.
>>
>>2898478
>They ctrl-f'd all the underage girls into """18+""" and did purge actual pedofantasies, iirc.
>Katie, unused to her growing breasts and growing rear, at 18
They really did just ctrl-f replace didn't they.
>>
>>2898796
Huh, I almost lost any hope it would ever exist. Thanks for the info.
>>
>>2898796
Really thought it was abandoned. It's hefty too.
>>
Someone here liked Keeper of Sun and Moon series like me? it seems that I mess up my character Sanity (I got the two scenes that are trigger with low sanity), I worried seems the demo have visible Sanity stat (which mean that is important keep in check your sanity) so maybe I locked in a bad ending for the next book
>>
>>2899921
Having played the five or six chapters out of the next one I wouldnt worry. Everyone is going to have shit for sanity by the halfway mark, and my character was mostly adjusting well.
>>
>>2859174
The ones over here. >>>/tg/87143032
>>
>>2865763
Yo is this porn?
>>
>>2899968
those aren't videogames tho
>>
>>2900000
>>
>>2884135
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS
>>
>>2884135
yo wtf? there's tits on this
you posting porn nigga? the fuck?
>>
>>2859174
I just got Pentiment from the Steam Winter sale and am enjoying it. Does that game belong here?
>>
Guys, from where besides IGG I can get pirated CoGs? The mods there seem now reluctant to upload the games.
>>
>>2900934
Who can say? Its not like there is a hardline rule on stuff like this. More than a few games in this thread have some form of visuals, though that game has a bit more elaborate animations and art than I would put here. There are still Pentiment threads on the board too.
>>
>>2884135
IS THAT A FUCKING
>>
>>2898593
I've been thinking about what you have said and replayed Guns once again with your tips in mind. I think you were correct. Exchanging Thunderer for Bulwark and allowing my men to "disarm" the bane trap during FH ended with some good results, as far as power gaming goes. Roleplay-wise, I still prefer my old save so I don't know which I will play with.
>>
>>2900967
get the unlocked apks and play them on your phone/bluestacks
or unlock them yourself if you know how
>>
>>2900967
Choiceofmods
>>
>>2866289
Thank you for this
>>
Are any of these actually *lengthy*? I played "Arcadie: Second Born" and it took me all of about two and a half hours to finish it.
It just feels weird how short they are.
>>
File: help.png (47 KB, 862x764)
47 KB
47 KB PNG
OK, the jokes over now guys
How do I turn off flashbang mode?
Guys?
>>
>>2902863
Are you on PC? The mobile App? Some pirate shit? Answer differs.
>>
>>2902816
The longest Ive played is Golden Rose and that's five or so hours a play if you read like I do. The length tends to be short because of text variation on choice and the vast majority of these things being one person projects. Arcadie is actually medium length for one of these types.
>>
>>2902868
PC.
I torrented it from IGG-games.
Also, is there no save function? Here it says " PROGRESS SAVED
Should you die in the next chapter, you may return to this point in time.
Be warned that this only applies to your current session. Quitting Sabres of Infinity will wipe all of your checkpoints.
"
So if I close out of it I have to restart?
>>
>>2902870
Darn, its medium length? Shucks. But OK, thanks.
>>
>>2902875
In general I never reccomend a CYOA game, especially the CoG ones, unless you think you will get multiple playthroughs out of it. Not a one is worth the six to ten dollars they can charge for a single playthrough.

I say this as someone who plays a lot of these and has enjoyed many.
>>
>>2902874
Most of the CoG games have no save states. Its a huge flaw their engine has over Twine and one they have done little to rectify.

For example, their most used platform for Works in Progress and Demos, Dashingdon, has save states and has had them for a long time, including save to disc. The publisher just cannot be bothered.
>>
>>2902874
It will save your progress, it just won't let you save/load states at will.
There are plugins and apps out there that let you save and load whenever you want. This one works for the steam versions and presumably torrented ones too if you know where the save games are stored:
https://github.com/yasirkula/UnityChoiceOfGamesSaveManager/
>>
>>2902874
>I torrented it from IGG-games
iggooks don't really update their uploads for more niche titles, so you probably downloaded an older version of the game without the updated UI shit like darkmode
>>
>>2899921
>>2899952
There is no way in hell to keeper Good Endings being good, second book leave it everything on shit state specially if you killed Secretary Celosia
>>
>>2902996
Nigger speak some fucking english PLEASE
>>
>>2902909
Thanks for posting this. I had no idea about that plugin. What's better, it allows for easy save editing. Much better than notepad++.
>>
>>2902955
You're correct. Maybe there's a better repository but I'm not too bothered by it.
>>2902909
Ah, so it DOES save then? I don't need a save/load, I just got confused by the "Quitting wipes your checkpoints"
>>2902898
Fair enough anyways. Books are to be read through to the end result anyways.
>>2902895
I don't really buy anything, I don't make a lot of money where I live and it can be very expensive just for everyday purchases. Multiple playthroughs don't seem bad, but not much seems to change in them even if you're radically different. I still had all the same big heartbeat scenes in the Arcadie even playing as a simpering pacifist vs a chad swordsman.
>>
>>2903296
>Quitting wipes your checkpoints
The chekpoints in this case refer to the cases when you die in a chapter. The game is supposed to throw you back to your checkpoint at the start of the chapter, but if you quit then the game wipes your chekpoints and you have to play the whole game again.
>>
So, uh
How do I import my character from Sabres of Infinity to Guns of Infinity?
>>
>>2903358
At the end it will prompt you to sign in to their website and name a save game to be carried over. When you play guns you load the save at the beginning.
>>
>>2903383
I mean, I torrented the games so I don't have that.
I guess I'm screwed on that end?
>>
>>2903385
If you didn't see "put your email here to send your save file" then you might be playing truly ancient version of the game.
>>
File: import.png (34 KB, 1366x728)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
>>2903385
You don't get something like this at the end?
>>
>>2903385
>>2903385
just copy the save from one folder to another and it will work
>>
>>2903358
If you have a modded apk, savefiles should be stored in appdata, move whole save folder content from sabres to guns and you will be able to continue the save in guns.
Something similar should work on pirated versions.
>>
File: Sabres.png (45 KB, 807x546)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
>>2903395
I had something that asked me to put in a name, and I did, and that was it.
>>2903396
No, it just asked me for a name. I don't have an account as it is.
>>2903407
You think? I don't even know if there is a save file. I don't think it had the ability to save.
>>2903414
...APK? Like, for a phone? I don't own a cell phone, I'm playing on my PC. There's no save folder here though, far as I can tell. Thank you though.
>>
>>2903422
It should 100% be in appdata/roaming/446310/remote.
Gotta move it to 446330 remote since that's where guns save data is.
>>
>>2903484
There's no folder like that in my appdata/roaming. I do have a 446310 in the director of Sabres of Infinity (Sabres of Infinity/SmartSteamEmu/Plugins/SSEOverlay/446310), but it only has an empty folder called "icon" inside of it.
Thanks for trying to help though
>>
>>2903484
Oh, wait, I found a 446310 in roaming. I realized I had a SmartSteamEmu folder in there, too. I'll see if that works.
>>
>>2903501
>>2903484
Well fuck a duck, that worked. Thanks!
>>
>>2887038
fact
>>
Has anyone played Mecha Ace? I was digging for mech games to play and found it. I've never played a chyoa but I'm willing to try if I'm interested in the subject matter and it's a good read
>>
>>2903800
Its short but fun. Very off brand Gundam.
>>
>>2903800
It's a fun read, if you like it a lot consider playing sabres and guns of infinity by the same author
>>
>>2903800
Mecha Ace was my first of their games. It was alright
>>
File: wow.png (84 KB, 1920x1058)
84 KB
84 KB PNG
really?
fucking mohammad?
fucking gay ass "diversity" shit
>>
>>2900006
Neither are these
>>
>>2890838
>>2859200
Do you mean this one?
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1058430
>>
>>2904938
Yes
>>
>>2905107
Oh ok
>>
>>2904932
Yes they are
>>
>>2905535
wrong
>>
>>2904799
this game has a sneed joke in it.
>>
>>2904799
wanna seethe even more?
the vampire clan you chose is amerindian
>>
>>2904799
Cog are a mixed bag. Meanwhile in Choice of the Vampire 2 you can laugh at a negro lynching in colonial Memphis, and that game was made by one of the owner and main editor de of the studio.
>>
>>2904799
>i-is that....a non anglo saxon name?
>AAAAAAAAH SAVE ME FROM THE LEFTIST AGENDA

you people are pathetic
>>
File: KJuZfD0.png (74 KB, 859x687)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
Reading through this thread was a blessing.
I had played Choice of Robots a while ago but got pissed off by the lack of a saving system. Finding the save editor solved my only issue so I bought a shitload of CoG/HG mainly recommendations in the thread.
Replaying CoR, I got a threesome with my robot and schizo gf.
Thanks anons! Lots of fun times and adventure await.
>>2905700
>>2906035
Damn I gotta try those out now kek
>>
I finished playing both Keeper books for the first time, I have mixed feelings they are objectively bad but I like it for some reason it have some charming that makes these enjoyable despite all their obvious flaws, I am really invested if my Schizo Keeper would survive.
>>
>>2907197
Would you still recommend it despite being bad?
Like a good bad?
>>
>>2907191
>Replaying CoR, I got a threesome with my robot and schizo gf.
Alright, viral-marketer-san, you've convinced me.
>>
>>2907199
It's have is charm I recommend you play the first one and decide for yourself it's not that long.
>>
Is it possible for the senior NCO to survive and to successfully kidnap Katarina?
>>
>>2907256
Assuming you mean Aleksandra, no. Your "best" outcome is your lieutenants surviving. Once you get into combat with the hussars, your NCO, Marion and most of your command are doomed.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (61 KB, 1125x886)
61 KB
61 KB PNG
>>2907262
at least Campos is cool
>>
It seems that most of the games are getting a price spike in the coming days/months.
>>2907204
Don't forget to mention where you saw my recommendation when you buy the game, I get a tip.
T bh, the threesome is kind of an easter egg and you have to choose one of the 2 afterwards, no harem ending. :(
Most of the fun in the game is to see all the possibilities so it's best played with the save program. The writing is just serviceable.
>>2907209
Nice ok I'll check it out.
>>
>>2866289
>>2865798
>>2865447
is there a place when you can get them for free?
>>
>>2907406
IGG but is under your own risk
>>
File: panic.jpg (21 KB, 271x277)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>2907420
what risk?
>>
>>2907427
Standard of downloading from internet, they also have reputation for stealing games they didn't crack
>>
>>2907379
>Most of the fun in the game is to see all the possibilities so it's best played with the save program.
If you played through the game and just want to check other possible permutations without dozen playthroughs, it's most comfortable to code dive. For example:
https://www.choiceofgames.com/user-contributed/sabres-of-infinity/scenes/startup.txt
Then in place of startup write which chapter you want to read. For example:
https://www.choiceofgames.com/user-contributed/sabres-of-infinity/scenes/Chapter3.txt
I think it's simpler than using save editor.
>>
>>2907432
thanks anon
got few recommended choose your adventure books from there
I remember reading some of it in paper form like road warrior(or something like that - it was post apoc)
>>
>>2867782
huh
nice, I used to have link to similar site but lost it
you have maybe something similar with road warrior?
>>
>>2907427
In the past they've modified games for their own benefit. Modified title screens with the IGG banner. Modified executables that refused to run if you delete the no less than 3 trash files linking to their site. The modified executables also recreated those files after refusing to run.
>>
I just beat Arcadia second born.
It was fine(nothing special) but quite short. DESU I don't really see much choice in it.
>>
There a any good CYOA were I can "command" my own army
>>
Man, i wish i could write, so i could make my own cog games. It's amazing the amount of money (1/2k) some writers are earning with their mediocre wips.
>>
any good detective/mystery cyoas?
>>
>>2910314
highlands, deep waters
>>
What the fuck is this choice of games shit
Do people not play fabled lands, lone wolf, virtual reality, grailquest or fighting fantasy anymore
>>
>>2910419
Other than fighting fantasy, which I didn't like, I've played all of those. Why not bring up something you like instead of reeing to seem like a cool oldfag?
>>
>>2910491
ive heard aids does that to your brain
>>
>>2910419
Never played either of these
probably never will, unless you tell me more and it sounds good
>>
Ok, a question, which is easier to use and make stories? The CoG system or twine?
And how do you use CoG system? How does it works? And do I need to forcefully give my stories to the page?
>>
>>2867782
>>>2910419
lone wolf is the most mediocre and boring cyoa Ive ever played holy shit
>>
>>2911862
Choice Script is a simpler language but it has limitations and the CoG people can suck to work with. If you're going to put in the effort anyway I would use twine.
>>
>>2911862
>>2912772
Question. If I were to use Choice Script, do I forcefully have to publish the game/story with them? or can I save it somewhere else?
>>
>>2913510
Unless something changed recently, you can. If you want to publish it non-commercially, you don't have to do anything. If you wanna sell it you'll have to pay 25% of your earnings for licensing(and remember that most of stores charge their own fee as well, usually 30%) and you won't get any support from their side.
>>
>>2859174
Suzerain and Sir Brante are my favorites
>>
File: official shilling list.png (3.1 MB, 1500x1500)
3.1 MB
3.1 MB PNG
>>2859174
nifty thread, vidya cyoas is something i rarely get to talk about
haven't really got into cog games myself, seemed too much like twine garbage (which isn't all bad but i ain't giving up my shekels)
>>
A few mentions of Night Road but I'm going to mention it again, because not only is it fun and well-written but it's one of the few where you aren't stuck with 1 or 2 skills the whole time due to skill checks rising through the game and leaving your 'main skills' as the only choice at every turn.
>>
very troon infested genre, hard to find anything tolerable, old school stuff is ok
choice fags pls join the 41%
>>
>>2913608
>25% of your earnings for licensing
Doesn't sound that bad. I bet you can make it up in troon sales alone. All you have to do is play madlibs with all the gender pronouns and let the player be anything and fuck anyone. Of course that's the problem with CoG in general, inclusiveness means making every choice the same leading to no actual choice.
>>2911998
>Your life and your quest end here.
You should read it again, it's telling you to do something.
>>
>>2869769
doubling this request, because i've searched far and wide and there's nothing
>>
I remember playing that shitty superhero cyoa, made me drop choice of games altogether lol.
I guess I should give a try to some of the titles mentioned here
>>
>>2916777
That's probably one of the worst ones. Just choose another one that was recommended in this thread, there are plenty of them all with different authors, you're probably gonna like at least one
>>
>>2864771
>Tale of Heroes
This is absolute railroad garbage.
>x or y
>y
>tough shit, you get x
>repeat
>>
>>2908034
errr not quite as youd expect
try these
war for the west
swamp castle
the great tournament
life of a mercenary
infinity series
highway wars

pendragon rising
mobile armored marine
mecha ace
the lost heir
>>
what are the shortest games you can think of? I want to practice with Ink but everything I think of is large in scope and I'd like examples
>>
>>2920189
Choice of the Dragon is 30k words. Recent King Arthur game is 30k as well.
It's not really a genre where you can be stingy with words, though. A decent game with meaningful branching is usually at the very least 100k. Then there's a matter of the audience's appetites growing, with 300k+ games becoming more commonplace.
>>
Choice of Games be like:
>Play as male, female,
Okay
>cis, trans, non-binary, gender fluid, gay, bi, monogamous, polyamorous,
>ace, pan, parnering aro,
Jesse
>...or straight!
Yeah, I'll take that, thanks
>>
>>2920338
We had a 1.3 million word release this year. At least it was a good one.
>>
>>2920452
Yeah it's annoying. I'm all for customization but they way it's presented it's clear who they are often prioritizing.
>>
>>2920189
Elite Mage on Hosted Games
>>
>>2920452
I don't get these faggots. They want to be women? Then play as one.
But no, they have to recreate their autistic journey into mental illness.
They hate themselves, but at the same time they can only play self-inserts. Quite paradoxical.
>>
>>2920452
And then there's barely any difference between all those options, if any at all.
>>
>>2920452
>>2920919
>i MUST have trannies and gays live rent free in my head
>i MUST enter a schizophrenic rage when they are mentioned

/pol/ and its consequences have been a disaster
>>
>>2921719
Gay shit always comes at the expense of the story. At best it makes the story more generic, and causes choices like your character's sex meaningless. At worst, if the author actively focuses on their weirdo shit, it makes the story absolutely unreadable.
>>i MUST enter a schizophrenic rage
Neither of the posts you replied to were raging, unlike yours. Get off your hormones, choicetranny, and it will get better.
>>
I can't wait for Lords of Infinity. Can I marry the feminist countess I forgot her name? Also, assuming I completely invested into the guns and I've helped improved them just how much money will I get?
>>
Just finished A Mage Reborn and the ending was 10/10. Feeling really bad for Granny, Ilya and Leon...
I hear part 2 is WiP is it good?
>>
>>2921880
You can further your romance with either Welles or Katarina but can't marry them yet, largely due to the political situation of the Lords but near the ending, you can get royal assent to pursue them.
That said, there is a character you can marry. The neighboring baron has a daughter and at the start of Lords you can decide if you were betrothed or not, and if you want to pursue her.

You get no return on your investment, yet. Perhaps it will change in Wars. The most you can do is shill your rifles during army reform commission meetings.
>>
>>2921883
Damn. Am I going to wait five more years for Wars huh?
>>
>>2921884
Don't ask me, I'm not the author. Unfortunately, he also has other series and I can see him writing them in the meantime to avoid burning himself out. Additionally, Lords are huge. It's a very ambitious project and I wouldn't be surprised if Wars were even bigger.
>>
File: Untitled.png (623 KB, 1041x416)
623 KB
623 KB PNG
Pretty great game but feels really short and I dislike replaying the games many times.
>>
>>2921850
im not disagreeing with you. the fact that the most liked comment on i, the forgotten one (pretty good wip) is "mmmm sorry sweaty you have no gay romances byebye" is infuriating. but it is what it is, and passive aggresively whining about it just makes you look like a chode.
>>
>>2921882
Yeah it's good. Still pretty early. But you get a picture of the real plot and a whole new cast. "Suicidally depressed and deprived of all friends and family" is how I played part 2 so far and it's actually really touching at times when people try to help you.
>>
I hate that Igg no longer uploads the 32-bits versions of CoG, playing those games was the only use that my old laptop had since I mainly on my PC
>>
>>2921888
ITFO literally has a gay option. The author has it written as a behind closed doors thing because the setting frowns on homosexuality. It's refreshing he didn't simply pull the "everyone loves gays" thing a lot of these games do. You can also be gay in the author's new WIP Whiskey-4. That one's a cyberpunk action thriller so nobody cares if you love cock.

ITFO is out in July, btw, for those who read the WIP and wanted more.
>>
>The Dragoon Saga still has two more parts left
>The window between the second and third part release is 7 years
>The author has another fantasy series going on
>He can also choose to write something completely new again
>He's also playing around with the ideas of writing a sequel series with a femMC and a phosphorescent knifear spinoff
Wow...we truly are...The Infinite Sea Series.
>>
>>2859174
>...
>Anonymous
>>
>>2859502
Fallen Hero is great too
>>
>>2865592
>he fell for the A/M meme
F and N aren't slow at all and are arguably the only sane choices.

>>2872116
If only those retards would add a backup function for stories so I could download them before the site explodes.

>>2923146
ITFO is shit because the only girl I was interested in was the sister until I remembered that western writers don't put incest in their games and I dropped it.
>>
>>2926521
The straight romance in ITFO is still pretty sweet tho.
>>
>>2926539
I have no interest in a random woman who knows nothing about what the character is going through but wants to "fix" them.
>>
>>2923431
two as it is is disappointing in my opinion since it focuses heavily on new characters and barely lets you interact with the old cast in the demo while forcing you in certain paths to go along and be cordial to the new characters
my mc couldn't care less about all these new hussies or about Arcadia and their fancy war, he's depressed because he can't be with his saintess after all that time
>>
bump
>>
Kinda suprising how long this thread is lasting, even on a slow board like this
>>
>>2928503
Considering the IPs, you could say a lot of people samefagging
>>
Just finished Life of a wizard and I truly enjoyed it, especially the adventuring with your rpg party.
>>
>>2928527
Try out Life of a Space Force Captain. It's quite similar.
>>
>>2928529
I'll try more of that author for sure. That one and Lost Heir are next on my list.
>>
Anyone here played Seedship?
> https://johnayliff.itch.io/seedship
>>
>>2928563
More like sneedship.
>>
I decided to try out CYOA genre because of this thread. I must say I was impressed by some of these. Can't say the same about others.

>Wayhaven Chronicles Book I-II
Girls are cute, but story is nothing special. Vampire theme is not explored at all, the girls might as well be witches, or fey or something. I'll read Book III but I'm not expecting much improvement. The writing itself is decent, but story is pretty bland, if that makes sense. Almost no meaningful choices to speak of.

>Choice of Magics
Many, many choices but plot itself is pretty short and pacing is too quick, characters are all forgettable. I liked some ideas, a steep consequences for using magic for example, but I just couldn't get attached to the story.

>Sabres of Infinity and Guns of Infinity
THIS is some good shit. Epic scale, colorful descriptions of battles, actually meaningful choices. You can be a war hero or a disgraced deserter, seek glory or money, treasure your men or lead them to slaughter. I'm waiting warmly for the Lords of Infinity, I can't wait to continue to court my dearest war crime spy girl.
My honorable hero of a MC kidnapped a little girl all for her smile. Things we do for love.
(1/2)
>>
>Mage Reborn
Too anime for my tastes and I'm speaking as former animefag. Setting is not explored, magic system is nothing special, spells are few and repetitive: Spirit Gate, Glyph A, Spirit Gate, Glyph B. Meh. Choices are non-existent, this might as well be a simple book. I doubt I'll read a sequel.

>Fallen Hero: Rebirth
I hesitated to try this because usually I hate capeshit, but I'm glad I decided to give it a try. As someone in this thread already said, the protagonist is somewhat of /r9k/, but you can actually try to stop the pity party and get some help and fix your shit. The characters are good, author made sure to give each of them something interesting, they are not just tropes. Choices are good too, you actually need to decide your strong and weak sides, and you can't get everything, you have to let some of the opportunities go or suffer the consequences. If you want to gloat at your defeated opponent and start a villain monologue prepare to get your shit pushed in by his newly arrived teammate. Also, Lady Argent is hot and the sexual tension between her and protagonist is big. I'm hoping for some steamy scenes with her in the sequel.

>Golden Rose
Fuck my life, I'll have to wait forever for the sequel. I was engrossed in story, the characters are all feel alive with their own hopes, dreams, troubles and agendas. The enemies feel mysterious and powerful, protagonist's fear of them is justified. Romance is good, Alessa is very cute and deserves everything good in life. Ysabella is hot but her "screentime" is not enough to compete with Alessa for now. Here's hoping I'll live long enough to see a sequel come out.
(2/2)
>>
>>2928631
>>2928640
Damn, you're a fast reader. This thread convinced me to get back into choice of games andI'm only just done replaying Choice of Robots and Hollywood Visionary.
Right now I'm going through Choice of Alexandria, which I like.
Thanks for your review, can't wait to try out some of these.
>>
>>2928640
>Lady Argent is hot and the sexual tension between her and protagonist is big. I'm hoping for some steamy scenes with her in the sequel.
Based. Her romance in Retribution has a cool dynamic. Like how her fight with you at the start easily becomes flirting and you "win" it by her kissing your helmet. And then you can get a date where you jcuddle.
>>
>>2928705
If you haven't tried Sabres and Guns of Infinity you should do it they're the best.
>>
For me it's the poly romance with Ortega and Lady Argent
>>
>>2928759
How do you romance Argent? Do you do it in different bodies or the main one?
>>
>>2928761
In the main one. You start it as a relationship with your villain persona, but then you can reveal yourself to her.(An had to if you wanted to actually romance her in the WiP version, hope this changed)
>>
>>2928739
Nice I will try but after the others I bought. If I play it first, it might ruin the experience of the others which might be not as good afterwards. I might try Slammed! next.
>>
>>2928769
The third Infinity book releases in march so you could just binge them then.
>>
>>2928770
And is better than the previous ones, as long as the change of focus doesn't bother you.
>>
>>2928777
I play as a honorable and virtuos man that tries to resemble Napoleon as much as possible. Now after I won the war I can play politics.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (68 KB, 191x203)
68 KB
68 KB PNG
>>2928802
Good, good. Just don't forget which side Napoleon fought against. Haha, you know, for the good of the realm, haha.
>>
>>2928834
I wonder how popular Wulfram will be with players that do not visit the official forum. The users there are pretty fucking rabid and hypocritical.
>>
>>2928843
Yeah, the people there are pretty weird.A lot of them seem to treat the games as some kind of imperialism victim suffering porn, with the Wulframite route being singled out for some reason, despite the Royalists being under the sway of another imperial power, the one who spent most of the game harming Tierra and the one who pretty much abandons alone in a crisis they've helped create.
I'd guess the more casual players will think of Wulfram more positively, since a lot of hate for him is based on the meta-knowledge about Takara's real life inspirations and how Tierra is guarranted to become involved in a great power struggle. But then there's also a consideration of how most of your associates from the previous games are either Royalist or neutral-ish with no Wulframites, and how siding with Wulfram seems to go against your own interests since you've spent two games in the army.
>>
>>2928631
>>2928640
Try Keeper of Sun and Moon saga.
>>
I won't read the spoilers but I won't fuck over my kang.
>>
>>2929118
You won't have to.
>>
>>2929121
Uh oh...
>>
>>2928862
>A lot of them seem to treat the games as some kind of imperialism victim suffering porn
That's a good way to describe it. It's almost like some of them live vicariously through this game, especially the cunts that are living in shitholes that were screwed over by real-life colonizing empires. I can understand some historical angst (I have it too), and I can understand cherishing fictional characters and nations (I do it too), but I can't understand seething about them for months or even years. That is just unhealthy. I recall there was some theory crafter that was writing guides for the game that got so fed up with constant negativity and simply decided to leave all this shit behind him.
What is even more flabbergasting, is the same people that would execute every character they disagree with even for dubious reasons (Wulfram for the betrayal of the crown, Crittenden for saving the marines, Cunaris for dereliction of duty after he got traumatised and broken, you name it), fantasize about sacking cities, want to marry ugu kawaii murderwaifu, and then pretend they are the voice of reason and only upstanding people in Tierra. It really is a weird place.
>>
>>2928843
I didn't visit the forum. As I understand you have the people your character fought with for 11 years and some shitty peace faction. Why would I pick that? Are there more factions?
>>
>>2929188
There are two factions, but don't think one is the army and one is civilians. You have a mixture of soldiers and civilians in both camps, the crux of the issue is how the war changed the society and what should be done to fix problems that rose from that.
In a nutshell, Royalists insist that the army should be improved even if the country starves, Wulframites demand cutting costs citing rampant impoverishment of the country. You can pick either side, whichever suits your stance more.
Additionally, you are not only a soldier but also a lord, and you will see for yourself how derelict and poor your ancestral fief is. I hope you were saving your money because now you are going to hemorrhage it.
>I didn't visit the forum.
It's not as bleak as I made it out to be, and there are many decent discussions with tons of additional info about the setting and characters. Just far too often the discussion degenerates into raving about Wulframites that should be executed. It's a waste, really, because the games are well-written and the author obviously made everything gray to avoid painting only one side as victims and the other as abusers, but it all got lost on these rabid retards. It harms the discourse considerably.
>>
Man, in the beta i never cared about the politics in the capital. I just want to develop my land and chill.
>>
>>2929188
To add on what>>2929191 said, the main conflict between those two factions is, at it's core, is a conflict about which institution is the actual ruling body of Terra, the Cortes or the Crown. The Wulframites are aristocrats very dissatisfied with how the Crown pursues it's own policy, ruining the country, while ignoring and vetoing
the opinion of the Cortes, which in their opinion violates the Oath of Montjoy, the uncodified agreement that's the closest thing to a Tierran constitution. The Crown, in turn, sees the Wulframite aristocrats as an obstructive force that stands in the way of the policies that are necessary for Tierra's survival. The extent to which their positions are justified depends a lot on your chosen Lords playthough, as the routes when played well pretty much justify themselves. You can also be neutral, but you'll see how well that goes.
>>
Who cares about intricate politics? What faction is most BASED?!
>>
>>2929362
The one that hates the eternal elf.
>>
>>2929366
But I like my elf friend.
>>
File: 1541841794809.png (256 KB, 452x460)
256 KB
256 KB PNG
>>2929191
>It's a waste, really, because the games are well-written and the author obviously made everything gray to avoid painting only one side as victims and the other as abusers
Coincidentally, the only character that might actually be painted as absolutely evil is the main character if played that way. The game gives you no shortage of options for completely unnecessary cruelty.
>tfw that scene in Lords where you can frame some random beggar for arson and murder he didn't commit just so you can save face
>>
File: 1549701304540.png (131 KB, 240x440)
131 KB
131 KB PNG
>>2929367
You will be killing your elf friend in Masters, 10-15 years from now, when the inevitable Dragoon vs Dragoon stand-off happens.
>>
>>2929362
Wulframites seem to be on a trajectory of becoming Nazi collaborators so uhhhh
>>
>>2929385
From a purely mechanical standpoint, that is likely the best decision unless you are aiming for something specific. The code doesn't even take note if you did that so from the meta-perspective you know you are safe. It is one of those deplorable things that my usually kind of chivalrous character did, not to save his face, but to try to quell a possible riot.
>>
>>2929395
From meta perspective, sure. You, however, cannot really argue that roping some shmuck into a death penalty to save yourself from a minor personal/faction reputation hit is something a "chivalrous" character, or character with any amount of moral fibre would do and not have it be the point where you realize "Oh, I am a piece of shit like the rest of them".
>>
>>2929397
It's more than "If I screw this up, everyone will think I am incompetent" and closer to "There is a riot brewing here and I have to avoid another massacre like when Lefebvre sent his grenadiers."
I am aware that it is a very ruthless and evil thing to do but from a roleplay perspective, it makes sense.
>>
>>2929385
Eh, that's not really an "absolutely evil" material imo. It's the only choice that satisfies all sides and the one that has the most "peaceful" resolution. It's a morally bankrupt choice for sure, but if you just want to keep peace then from a purely practical viewpoint it's best one, since all the other options are pretty much worse. My personal pics for "Murder d'al Warcrimes moments" from Lords would be how you can slaughter the protesters to make Wulframites more popular and duping the brigands into delivering their own death sentence by making them believe you're gonna help them get a normal job. The absolute crowner would have to be seducing the betrothed, dishonoring her and then starting a blood feud with her family just because you're bored and don't want to lose some stats. It's literally just petty monstrousness with no justification.
>tfw you can straight up tell Renard that you tricked a 14 year old into fucking you just because you could get away with it.
>>
>>2929433
>The blood feud
I think that is the biggest one, especially if you kill one of her brothers in a duel. Bonus points if you kill the older one to make the younger even more unhinged so that you can perhaps slaughter him as well in Wars. Imagine you did that and then somehow tricked Isobel or Wulfram they were at fault here and demanded their title as compensation.
>>
>>2929433
>tfw you can straight up tell Renard that you tricked a 14 year old into fucking you just because you could get away with it.
:?
>>
>>2929697
If you chose to seduce the betrothed
and Renard's squiring chapter he'll eventually ask you about those rumours. You can straight up tell him about this with no remorse, with an edgy speech about the strong taking what they want included. The betrothed's age is always the same, which means that at the start of the series, when the seducing happened, she was 14.
>>
>After a few minutes of silence, you count your men again. You are almost surprised once you finish your tally: your men have decided to stand with you.
>Every single one of them.
Holy kino
>>
>>2930401
Not bad but if you like minmaxing it is a suboptimal solution. If some soldiers desert, you get a significant boost to morale and loyalty.
>>
>>2930407
How'd that work lol?
>>
>>2930725
The disloyal soldiers leave so the loyalty of your troop increases. It is a bit silly because it is flat +15 to both regardless of the number of deserters.
It should have been a large increase if a lot of soldiers run, a moderate if only a few fled, and a small if everyone stayed but alas. I still abuse it when I min-max my save state.
>>
For me it's simping for Kat
>>
>>2930885
For me? It's my feminist countess.
>>
>>2930885
>mudskinned murder whore
The fiancee is the best, sadly also the poorest.
>>
How old are Katarina and Welles?
>>
>>2930899
Katarina was born in 589 OIE
Welles was born in 585 OIE
The war started in 601 OIE
There is a good wiki for those things, https://infiniverse.fandom.com/wiki/Infiniverse_Wiki
>>
>>2930885
Representing crossdresserchads here.
>>
>>2930910
So they're both hags for my 14 year old start, damn.
>>
>>2930899
13 and 17 respectively at the start of Sabres.
>>
Finished Sword of Rhivenia Book One and man, what a waste of my fucking time it was. Story is weak, setting is uninspired, character stats are meaningless except for Leadership, and even then it's a single check. Author has no idea how monarchy works. At all. Prince getting bullied by castle servants, even when you become a king common soldiers and peasants still disrespecting and mocking you constantly. In the open, at your face and you can't do anything about it. You can't even protect your enemy princess waifu, she's constantly getting beaten by some soldiers and peasants and you can only stop them in the middle of beating the shit out of her, you can't even throw them in a dungeon or chop their heads/hands off. You don't feel like a ruler, you feel like some unpopular office manager. Worst CYOA that I played so far.
>>
>just finished the first fallen hero and the two infinity games
>Fallen Hero Retribution in a week
>Lords of Infinity in a month
nice
>>
>>2931153
Plus twelve(?) years of fighting means they're hags.
>>
File: Welles and Kat.jpg (60 KB, 588x279)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>2930885
Why would you be with a woman who is not only richer, but smarter than you? Same shit with Welles. The only valid choice is the tradwife you get after returning to your state.
>>
>>2931221
>richer than me
Yeah
>smarter than me
No!
>>
>>2931221
>Why would you be with a woman who is not only richer, but smarter than you?
Because I can have a benefit from her intelligence and money but still steal all the credit because she is a women and I a man?
>>
>>2931221
>Kat
>Smarter than you
The same one that thought that a veteran officer wouldn't think about a bridge being a very likely point for an ambush? The same who thought that you could feed your horses with simple grass?
>>
>>2931243
Yeah, she is an arrogant cunt. I can't fucking stand her, at least the game allows you a few times to shit on her so much she can't even squeak a complaint.
>>
>>2931236
>>2931223
They are both iq 300 and filthy rich. Good luck with that mate. Do you see them surrendering the management of their respective family states at your request?

>>2931243
View it from her side. Why would a smart woman of the highest echelons of nobility, who had hundreds of tutors in her life require the assistence of some minor noble from a bumfuck village?
Katarina knows that if it wasn't for her female condition, she would be a major player in the tierran politics, and most likely your boss.
Also, most the nobles in Tierra are a bunch of retards. Most of them have no knowlodge of military tactics and like to diss everyone based on their seniority/pedigree. Remember that a good chunk of them went full retard at Blogia. She has a point of treating everyone like morons becouse most of them are.
>>
>>2931272
Contain your simping. She, a civilian woman, undermines your authority in the presence of your soldiers. This is not only insulting but also harmful.
>Also, most the nobles in Tierra are a bunch of retards. Most of them have no knowlodge of military tactics and like to diss everyone based on their seniority/pedigree.
So that excuses her from dissing me based on her whim or stupidity?
>She has a point of treating everyone like morons because most of them are.
Maybe I should treat every woman as nothing but a baby factory because most of them are?
>>
>>2931272
When did Kat ever act smart in the book/game? The only thing that was her idea is kidnapping is Korobirit's family but even there the entire execution was on Lefebre. Really she was just standing around acting mysterious. I don't remember either characters doing anything 300IQ.
>>
>>2931282
Welles' idea of using women as war clerks and such is revolutionary for the time and it's a really good move if you think about it.
>>
>>2931272
Thing is, judging from how she seems fucking shocked that you thought about a very basic military precaution, she really thought she was doing something incredibly smart. She's so disturbed by this that she goes to her brother for advice.
Welles at least has actually shown us actual signs of her intelligence with her academic military analysis. Meanwhile Kat is just a an educated midwit running on the Cazarosta edgelord genes. When you deal with the partizans she dissaproves iF you just shoot them instead of distmounting your men, depsite the fact that objectively, as the code shows, the only difference between those options if that you actually lose some men if they dismount. Then the bridge, then choosing your travel route. Your character can shit on her basically any time she actually shows her decision-making abilities. Then there's a thing when her 300 IQ plan to win the war is "bro trust me just kill Khorobirit's family"(you can capture them, sure, but it's clear which result she actually prefers), it only sorta works (if we choose to believe that SM and victory at SK were actually connected) because Khorobirit was really a family man, and even then he still had a significant chance of winning SK.
>>
>>2931294
Military genius losing battle because some emotional stupidity is a very common thing mostly on China and Japan wars, and rage on decisions making is one of the most cloudier things that could happen to you
>>
>>2931282
>I don't remember either characters doing anything 300IQ.
Welles using woman on the army is a good idea, cannon meat is necessary in all wars
>>
Guys, I'm new to these CYOA games and would like to know if there are any games with the folowing elements in one:
>decent story with intrigue
>choices that force me to think instead of hoping I get lucky
>a straight romance with a cute girl
>little to no obvious RL political commentary
>some sort of repeatable gameplay loop for the sake of replayability without restarting
The last one is weird so it's secondary. I'd just like to know if any such thing exists.
>>
>>2931221
I haven't played Lords so I only know the murder hobo cutie and the feminist bitch
>>
>>2931462
Women in battle and as officers, which is her ultimate goal, is fucking retarded desu.
Human females do not have the advantages of Elvish females
>>
>>2931462
Women cry and shit themselves in battle.
>>
>>2931437
Betting your country's whole stake in the war on making your opponent very angry and hoping he'll lose a crucial battle because of that is still a dumb plan. Even if it actually had an effect, it was by pure luck that Khorobrit turned out to really care about his and ended up becoming disturbed enough to mess up the battle.
>>2931675
To be fair to her, it's not like personal physical prowess really matters for a military officer beyond the most junior ranks. Our MC can have soldiering of a cripple and still manage being one of the most competent officers in the army..
>>
>>2931563
Try Lost Heir trilogy or The Great Tournament.
>>
>>2931675
The ultime goal would never be reched if this happens >>2931733 and also cannon fodder doesn't need to be brave just die instead a useful soldier
>>2931812
>Even if it actually had an effect, it was by pure luck that Khorobrit turned out to really care about his and ended up becoming disturbed enough to mess up the battle.
I remember that Spygirl plan was implied that the Intelligence division did a psychological investigation about Khorobrit and on base the result the kidnapping plan was set up
>>
>>2932215
>I remember that Spygirl plan was implied that the Intelligence division did a psychological investigation about Khorobrit and on base the result the kidnapping plan was set up
It may be so, but what I'm saying is that their whole plan would go to complete shit if they turned out to be even slightly wrong and Khorobrit reacted any differently. You don't just bet your victory on a particular psychological state of a single man. .
>>
>>2859502
Choice of robots is one of my favorite ones, wish The Kepler Colony got a sequel though.
>>
>>2932233
Wait, I just controlled-f the thread. Am I really the only one who played The Kepler Colony? I though it was pretty good for what it was. It's not even listed in everyone's list of things.
>>
>>2859174
Just played roadwarden which was pretty cool. I think it rewards savescumming too much though. The setting is an odd mixture of grimdark and faggy modern fantasy, which took me out of it occasionally. Also some of the endings for characters/locations are based on a single dialogue choice, sometimes at a random time, which sucks. Overall a decent game. Completely text-based.
>>
>>2932235
Becouse it's one of those games that is not bad or good. Like Donor, Silverworld, PonPara.
>>
>>2932260
Thats a shame, I thought it was one of the better games.
>>
Is Choice of Vampire any good? I like vampire theme but I don't really know much about American Civil War.
>>
>>2932132
Thanks, I will
>>
>>2859174
There's a really cool game on steam "the bottom of the well" and it's free. Check it out.
>>
>>2932490
Depends how much you like vampire politics. Because game comprises mostly of that.
>>
>>2932490
The first two games are entertaning. The third one is ok, and the last one is hot trash.
>>
>>2932235
If it isn't on Steam, it's virtually unknown. Even among the games on it there's a lot of stuff don't ever talk about or barely anyone has played.
>>
So, which great changes are lurking the tierran society?
One i guess is some kind of rights for baneblooded women but the second one? The game has stated that baneless peasents with proper training can be very useful (the experimental corps, if i recall correctly) and then is the issue with the new rifle, and the new vapor engines. What else?
>>
>>2932664
>What else?
Changes in taxation. Better improve your fief before Isobel plunges you into the red.
>>
>>2932664
A lot of potential military reforms. You could already see some problems and proposals in Welles's analysis at the dev's site, like establishing permanent general staff, but in Lords you have the commission with infantry vs cavalry schools.
The state buldiingl, the uneasy compromise of the Unification Wars doesn't work at all anymore with the feudal aristocracy vs centralizing crown.
An alarming rise of the baneless class consciousness.
>>
File: capsule_616x353.jpg (69 KB, 616x353)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>2859174
I haven't seen road warden posted, I thinks it's a pretty comfy one too.
>>
>>2932951
Hey buddy
>>2914516
>>2932244
>>
>>2932223
>You don't just bet your victory on a particular psychological state of a single man. .
That could work based on actual theories about military incompetence specifically about how a incompetent commander can ruin even the easiest campaigns specially in the old military organizational culture(where a single person hold the whole organisational power). There is a gorilion of books that analyze military incompetence and most of them have at least one mention about how a single commander being incompetent on the decision making can cause the complete ruin of a battle, I recommend you one that I read on college on my organisational physiology class that is very entry level called "On the Psychology of Military Incompetence" by Norman F. Dixon which only focus on the analysis of the personality of the unsuccessful leader's and why their sheer incompetence leaded to a military disaster (most of the times is by a hubris)
>>
Gonna piggy-back on some anons and ask for recommendations as well. I'm a fan of Sabres and Guns of Infinity and would like another large game that's also crafted around a male MC, better for my immersion and for story cohesion to focus on a single thing. I'd like if it had some cool and non-pozzed romantic options.
>>
>>2933052
>I'm a fan of Sabres and Guns of Infinity
These are the best and if you expect to be recommended something as good, you might be disappointed.
>would like another large game that's also crafted around a male MC
Again, Sabres, Guns, and Lords are massive. The only bigger CYOA I can think of that is also good would be Magium. Unfortunately, it is quite underappreciated here. MC is autistic but not gay in the slightest. Other than that, try the Lost Heir trilogy.
>>
>>2933064
Is Magium mobile only? I'm a bit cautious since it says "In-app purchases" as well.
>>
>>2933052
There aren't really all that many male MC games. Most of the games treat your gender (and often one of your ROs) as purely comsetic. Besides Dragoon Saga, I recall only A Study in Steampunk having a male gender-lock. It's a pretty good game in it's own right, but not really what I would call a "large" one.
Unless you're willing to entertain at least some level of pozz, there isn't really much for you in CoG, it's basically a feature of almost everything they publish.
If you're fine with just being able to pick to be male and all ROs being player-sexual, I'd recommend playing Tin Star. It's one of the biggest games and it's pretty unoffensive as far as political agenda goes.
>>
>>2933068
>I'm a bit cautious since it says "In-app purchases" as well.
Last I checked it was a spook. I admit I played it at least several months ago, and the story is still progressing, but the game is essentially free.
The game allows you to hunt for achievements and if you unlock a certain number of them, you can read the next book for free. There is even a guide for it on a dedicated subreddit and the author allows it to stay so unless something very strange happened, it should be still possible to play Magium without paying a dime.
And yeah, treat is as mobile or download an emulator like nox.
>>
I play most of the Choices of Games demos that get posted on the forum and they are all tublr-tier. Awful
>>
>>2933110
That's to be expected, a very substantial and most vocal part of CoG audience are the same people obsessing about Dragon Age romances over at Tumblr for years. A lot of those WiPs even have actual tumblr blogs, with 99% of their content being romance shit and asks about "how a RO would react if you transitioned" or shit like that.
>>
>>2933072
I'll give Tin Star a try, sure. I'm not the target audience for CoG in general but I do like well-written intrigues with a sprinkle of romance. Not the most common thing.

>>2933077
I don't mind paying for the full game, I just don't want any microtransaction bullshit. I'll look into it.
>>
Reminder that you don't have to pay for any CoG game.
Just go to Choice of Mods and download the apks there
>>
>>2933200
Nigga, you don't need to download 3rd party mods from shady sties. Use luckypatcher with nox and you're set for life.
>>
>>2933200
>>2933218
If you're on PC can't you just edit the save values using notepad?
>>
>>2932738
God, we are heading straight to a french revolution scenario. I can see the plot for the next games: Support the monarchy or go full Napoleon.
>>
>>2933218
I don't get it, is there a site that details this procedure?
>>
>>2929330
what game are u referring to?
>>
>>2933152
>I don't mind paying for the full game, I just don't want any microtransaction bullshit. I'll look into it.
There are no things like paying 5$ for extra skill points. Said microtransactions are full books that you can access by just playing the game. It's one of the kindest monetization strategies I ever saw.
>>2933342
He was talking about Lords of Infinity.

Since we've reached the bump limit, I want to thank everyone who participated in the discussion. It was truly excellent thread.
>>
>>2933407
It was very nice. I discovered this genre and lots of nice stories. I'm very excited for Lords and FH: Retribution
>>
>>2933407
Yeah, thanks to this thread I discovered this genre as >>2933452 said. Waiting for Lords of Infinity because deep political shit and my murderwife Katarina, Fallen Hero: Retribution because fun villain shenanigans and Lady Argent, Wayhaven Book III only because of cute Nat romance and not much else. Keeper of Day and Night was much better than first game, so I'm also waiting for the Life and Death.
Also hope to live long enough to play Golden Rose 2.
>>
Disco Elysium is my favourite CYOA (not an rpg).
>>
>>2933467
what do you thing about Keeper games?
>>
>>2933592
The first game suffers from lack of descriptions in my opinion. Transition between scenes are too sudden, combat and romance especially suffer from this. Pretty good worldbuilding though.
The second game is much better in all aspects, author clearly improved since then.
>>
>>2928759
poly is shit though
mortum is where it's at
>>
>>2933797
Based tranny chaser.
>>
>>2933110
There is no real alternative to choice of games.
>>
>>2930047
b-based?

>>2933917
obsessed
>>
>just found out Ortega is a hag in her 40s
LMFAO
>>
>>2934216
She is in her late thirties, but yeah, still a hag.
>>
>>2934224
I'll make Ortega a man and Mortum a girl and fuck Argent and Mortum.
>>
>>2934216
she's also a whore
>>
>>2934216
>>2934224
>>just found out Ortega is a hag
Gigabased, buying the game right now.
>>
>>2934247
Why would you ever buy a CoG game? The first has been out and you can pirate it easily for a long time and the sequel will also be instantly pirated.
>>
>>2934248
To encourage the development of more games with cute romanceable hags, of course.
>>
>>2934253
Authors barely get anything from sales, the CoG contract takes a huge cut
>>
Just started playing The Exile demo and literally first named character you encounter is some "non-binary" snowflake. Should I even continue or is this game a misery porn with faggots? I can deal with some amount of woke shit (I liked Keeper series despite MC's father being a faggot and multiple other fag couples), but I want to know the extent of it.
>>
>>2934259
Well, if you have a better idea for getting more games with hags in them, I'd be happy to hear it.
>>
>>2934259
>Authors barely get anything from sales
Damn. Back to square one...
>>
>>2934272
I think CoG takes 30% if I remember correctly. Plus whatever tax Steam gets.
>>
>>2934260
>despite MC's father being a faggot
literally what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>2934339
He is dating professor Ebner in second game. I guess he is a bi or whatever. Still a faggot. He is pretty cool otherwise, despite being a faggot.
>>
>>2934346
No he's not, what retard did you pick as your father.
>>
>>2934273
If it's published under HoG, you get 25%, the store gets it's cut, usually 30%, and everything else goes to CoG. Authors can end up making at least some money, but it usually means having several games selling for years. There's a reason a lot of them end up having Patreon.
>>2934260
It's a pretty nice game as far as WiPs go, but if a lot of woke is a problem for you, better skip it. Like, your character literally has two mothers because the Queen is in a lesbian relationship , I think even marriage, at it isn't treated as unusual at all.
>>
>>2934348
Believe me, I didn't pick him to date a man he just suddenly invited his boyfriend to Thanksgiving. That was really awkward for me, I was literally ashamed irl.
>>2934365
I think I'll skip it then, at least for now. I already started Last Heir and it looks good.
>>
>>2934377
Then pick another option for the family, Lysander isn't a faggot.
>>
>>2934216
Ortega x Sidestep is techically /ss/ btw.
>>
>>2934415
I could never trust Ortega since we can't read her thoughts
>>
File: b0e.jpg (6 KB, 200x207)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
Pozzed content doesn't bother me if it's optional or if it allows me to act like a chud.
In Hollywood Visionary, I fed my fellow actors to the anti commie government commity.
>>
>>2934416
Ortega is kinda weird, she's much smarter and observant than Sidestep thinks, and capable of being surprisingly flexible with her morals, as you can see with the puppet in Retribution. But then she also has a really heavy case of oneitis for Sidestep so in some regard he can actually trust her.
>>
>>2934425
No, only a retard would trust her. You can't read her fucking mind, you'd have to be a masochist to stick with her instead of running her over with a truck so less people know of your past.
>>
>>2934426
Eh, it's not like she actually knows all that much about your past. A lot of what she knows about you is apparently known by other people. I mean, even Mortum seems to know that your civilian identity was Sidestep and it's not like Mortum had much reason to look into you.
>>
>>2934430
Mortum's fine because I like her and can read her mind in 99% of cases. I can even accept not being able to read her mind when you reveal your actual identity to her due to the pill in the demo since she earned it by that point. The fact that Sidestep is so obsessed with Ortega even if you were enemies in the past kinda pisses me off and I'm definitely killing her as soon as I get the option.
>>
>>2934432
Your whole relationship with Mortum as the puppet was built without any use of telepathy though. And she seemed willing to sell information about you if you kept the relationship purely professional in Rebirth.
>even if you were enemies
You were never enemies, though? Your worst possible relationship with her in the past is "merely" allies. Sidestep's obsession with her is a bit annoying, but it kinda makes sense because's she's basically his first close relationship with anyone. Her being unreadable only fuels this if anything, his trust issues stem from his telephatic powers and she's basically the only person that he can have a normal human relationship.
>>
>>2934439
>Your whole relationship with Mortum as the puppet was built without any use of telepathy though
True, but I'm talking after you reveal yourself to her. She can't keep taking the pills so it means that eventually you're going to be able to read her mind all the time and figure out her true thoughts, that can never happen with Ortega. I seem to remember an enemies relationship state in the first game, was I wrong? Pretty sure you could say that you didn't see her as an ally at least. Trust issues don't stem from his powers, they stem from his weird inferiority complex about being a vat baby and the farm being the most glowing glowies to ever glow that are still searching for him which means he can't tell the truth to anyone.
>she's basically the only person that he can have a normal human relationship
I wouldn't be able to trust Ortega in his shoes, never could. If you can't read her mind and control her then she's a rogue element and should be eliminated.
>>
>>2934445
>. I seem to remember an enemies relationship state in the first game
There wasn't one. Your options are flirting, friend, and former ally.
> Trust issues don't stem from his powers
At least a part of them does. IIRC, there's even a mention how Sidestep was capable of trusting people before becoming capable of knowing what they actualyl think.
>If you can't read her mind and control her then she's a rogue element and should be eliminated.
Dunno, she's pretty easy to turn sympathetic to your villain persona. And turning her away from suspecting you to be the villain is pretty easy as well, her perception of you is way too idealized.
Rangers in general don't realyl seem to be that much of a threat, once you figure out that they aren't willing accomplices and like at least a half of them hates the feds too. Even Steele of all people is surprisingly nice even if you give him a lot of clues.
>>
>>2934459
Our Sidesteps must have different goals and approaches then, blowing up the museum with everybody inside and breaking that dumbass' legs made me anything except sympathetic to them. The safest way forward is to use that regenerator thing to remove the tattoos and then fuck off to another country with the millions you've stolen after faking your death, exposing the truth to more people is unwise and I like that the writer said you could play the entire series to the end without anyone realizing who you are.
>Sidestep was capable of trusting people before becoming capable of knowing what they actually think
He was idealistic and didn't know how people thought and believed he could simply be a hero and ignore his past, that's not trust that's stupidity. Telling the truth is a horrible horrible decision that should be avoided at all costs, especially to retards like the Rangers that think they're heroes and might do something about it.
>>
>>2934465
One of my playthroughs involved blowing up the museum and Ortega still ended up sympathizing because of one angry monologue. Steel can be turned sympathetic as well just by saving people in the manor. Argent isn't particularly by the rules and has something to hide herself. Herald worships the ground Sidestep walks on and is very understanding even if you actually reveal your nature to him. They all can be potentially turned.
> He was idealistic and didn't know how people thought and believed he could simply be a hero and ignore his past, that's not trust that's stupidity.
I think that was referencing him before becoming Sidestep, before getting actual telepathy even. Trust is ultimately a kind of faith, being constantly paranoid and needing to check what other people think isn't really a basis for it.
>>
>>2934486
Trust has to be earned, Sidestep's mistake was that he trusted blindly at the start because he was hoping for a golden ending.
>can be potentially turned
They can but they shouldn't. It serves no point aside from complicating Sidestep's life.
>>
>>2934556
Trust wasn't really a factor with what happened to Sidestep though. It's not like he was betrayed by them or anything. Sidestep just got too cocky, believing that being a hero is enough to get the glowies to ignore him. Even then, it worked out fine until he got unlucky and got into an incedent with another glowie victim.
>It serves no point aside from complicating Sidestep's life.
Eh, depends on how you play him. Rangers are the ones getting in the way of his plans most of the time, stopping being enemies with them is pretty good. An anarchist Sidestep entertains the thought of becoming so popular that even getting his identity revealed won't matter by that point. Unless you plan to just ignore the Farm and live like in fear the rest of your life, I don't really see any serious problems with turning Rangers into your allies.
>>
>>2934645
>Unless you plan to just ignore the Farm and live like in fear the rest of your life
Yep, that's the plan!
>>
>>2934556
>>2934645
I like play as a reluctant Anti-Villain because for me it fits more for Sidestep of being a victim of circumstances forced on the role of being a villain because the other options for him are either live like a scared rat fearing the Farm or being their prisoner, so most of my personality choices are the MC trying severing his past as Sidestep (unsuccessfully) as a way to cope that he is forced to become a villain and not the hero that he wanted. in fact my villain name is Ananké the greek primordial goddess of inevitability, compulsion and necessity.
>>
>>2934445
>>2934459
>>2934465
>>2934486
>>2934992
I am psycho if keep flirting with Ortega with both alter egos just make her decide? if she chooses the Puppet it would be the final nail on path to villany if she chooses the real sidestop well idk what to do
>>
>>2935003
She's a slut who flirts with both, it's hilarious.
>>
>>2935006
Well, she didn't kiss me at the gala and said that prefers Sidesteps
>>
>>2935003
I'm pretty sure if you ever express interest in her as Sidestep, she tries to drop the puppet. The main reason she gets into a relationship with the puppet is that he behaves like Sidestep (and possibly even looks like his mirror image) and once she gets the real thing she doesn't really need him anymore.
>>
>Romancing a menopausic hag
wouldn't be me
>>
>>2935338
She's like one of the two romance options for a straight male, with the other one being some kinda shark mutant or something. It's not like you have that much of a choice.
>>
File: 1650804486020.png (670 KB, 1440x810)
670 KB
670 KB PNG
>>2935338
>>Romancing a menopausic hag
>>
>>2935350
>what is mortum
>>
File: mortumbros.png (30 KB, 491x468)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
>>2935353
Anon, I...
>>
>>2935358
I quite literally don't care as long as they look like a woman and they have a normal hole.
>>
>>2935360
>a normal hole
Anon...
>>
>>2935363
The puppet would notice if anything was weird from the scene in the first game. I get that you are obsessed with trannies but in a world with superpower pills and portal gun tech sex change operations for genius supervillains wouldn't be the same.
>>
>>2935365
>The puppet would notice if anything was weird from the scene in the first game.
Sidestep, especially if he didn't flirt with Ortega in the past, very likely doesn't have any sex experience at all.
>local anon hates Ortega so much he deludes himself into thinking fucking a ftm trans is actually straight
Whatever rocks your boat, I guess.
>>
>>2935350
Lady Argent is not a shark mutant, she has sharks in her psyche, in her mind landscape so to speak. She has metal skin but it still described as soft and warm, just very durable.
>>
>>2935373
>Sidestep, especially if he didn't flirt with Ortega in the past, very likely doesn't have any sex experience at all.
Now I'm seriously doubting you played the game, do you even know what Sidestep is? It's explicitly said in multiple paths that he's not a fucking virgin lol, he's an infiltration unit.
>>
>>2935376
He's an infiltration unit, yeah, but the game can blatantly set you sex_experience to none in the code. When you fuck Ortega in Retribution you can tell her that you're virgin. Him being a virgin even makes more sense, with how having sex is a big problem considering he needs to get naked for that.
>>
Good thread, thanks all.
>>
Let none forget that Emile d'al Rendower is the rightful king.
>>
>>2935398
He's a great character. I could go Wulframite only to become his buddy.
>>2935397
One of the best recently. Thanks and have a good one.
>>
>>2935400
His Majesty earned my everlasting loyalty by giving me a +5% to charisma.
>>
>>2935400
>Thanks and have a good one.
Likewise, friend.
>>
>>2935406
Karol best girl.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.