[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 186 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

I've tried playing some DRPGs and there's a lot of things I like about them:
>party management
>free character creation, allowing for a multitude of approaches
>first person exploration is usually immersive
>I like drawing maps and making my own notes

Even though I like all these things, there's one thing that always filters me in these games: the combat. No matter how much I try, it seems that all the DRPGs really on two types of battles: the ones where you mash attack until the enemy is dead without worrying about anything and the ones where you try to mash attack to win but the enemy completely destroys your whole party with just one attack. This second option usually becomes a RNG fest, because while the enemy always has this attack that wipes your party, it can use it on turn 1, turn 10 or never use it, so it all comes down to luck.
So, what you do to enjoy this? Do you just accept that combat is shit and decide to have a good time with the remaining characteristics of the game?
>>
play good DRPGs for a start. avoid the pedo lobby games from japan and expand out.
>>
>>2806187
what are some good DRPGs? It seems that 100% of what's in the market right now is directed at disgusting weebs, with some even being almost full VNs like Mary Skelter.
>>
>>2806187
But those are the only ones without the issues in combat OP is talking about
>>
>>2806226
I dont recall having this problem with elminage gothic.
>>
>>2806226
Have you tried Grimrock 2 and Arx Fatalis?
>>
>>2806226
Grimrock basically destroyed the entire indie scene for being so good so you can just ignore that Anon's "advice". You'll be stuck never playing any CRPGs ever again if you actually listened to him.
>>
>>2806361
Grimrock is a modern dungeon master clone. This is only a very small vertical slice of DRPGs.
>>
blobbers
>>
File: Spoiler Image (99 KB, 349x222)
99 KB
99 KB GIF
>>2806125
If it's turn based don't just mash attack and use some tactics. Use your mages and control the battlefield with ailments like sleep, paralyze, stun etc.
>>
>>2806361
>square dancing with assloads of timing based puzzles
>good
I'm fucking tired of retards pretending grimrock being end all be all of drpgs
>>
>>2806187
>>2806226
Another day another thread of westoids seething about anime.
Do you have nothing better to do?
>>
>>2806187
>>2806226
Do modern westoid DRPGs even exist? It feels like the west is so shit at programming they forgot how to make turn based games.
>>
>>2806125
Bored and avoiding life so that you'll tolerating playing some slow ass, no animation rpg with no story or real characters that doesn't evolve its gameplay at all no matter how long you play.
>>
>>2806125
The absolute state of people that cry "turn based gaem bad".
>>
>>2806125
DRPGS aren't a dying genre
it's a DEAD genre
>>
>>2806630
only on the west, and only because westoids are unironically too dumb to play them properly, as OP shows by thinking needing strategy is "it's all RNG"
>>
>>2806648
You'll never be Japanese and you will never pass.
>>
>>2806660
You will never play games and you will never have fun
>>
File: 2022010716172800.jpg (115 KB, 1280x720)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>2806125
I like playing them on handhelds while waiting for stuff, there's always some time for a quick dive to get some loot. I try to not play much of them because they are like fucking crack to me, i always tell myself that i will explore some of the map and end up exploring 2 hours and shit.

Post games also allow me to go full autism like elminage or dungeon travelers games.
>>
>>2806682
I do. I just don't eat shit and pretend they're good.
>>
>>2806697
with the usual westoid attitude, everything is shit, therefore you play nothing and end up wanking barely functional 20 year old trash
this is what happens when you become too obsessed with virtue signaling your taste because you're terrified of being bullied for your "shit" taste
it's not high school anymore bucko, grow the fuck up
>>
>>2806702
mind broken ironic weeb post
>>
>>2806702
>virtue signalling your taste
Can't virtue signal anonymously.
>>
>>2806702
Oh yeah, you also can't be bullied anonymously either.
>>
>>2806744
i'm not being ironic, the ironic faggots are the ones virtue signaling their taste
>>2806748
>>2806749
yet westoids manage to
>>
>>2806750
No, virtue signalling is a tactic to gain some reward. What you are talking about is just being obnoxious. By the way, what's a "westoid"?
>>
>>2806765
>By the way, what's a "westoid"?
I'm surprised vrpg doesn't know that word when it's so used on /v/.
It's a derogatory term to insult normalfag westerners.
>>
>>2806769
No, it's probably just me, I don't go to /v/. It's just that -oid means not the thing but like it, so it'd mean something like westaboo.
>>
>>2806187
This. Japanese crawlers are pale imitations of what the west was experimenting with in the 80s. They are 30-40 years behind on game design and refuse to evolve or even bring their own spin on the genre. Frankly it's a fucking embarrassment.

How to find a good crawler? Just look if it's made in the west. Chances are it'll kick serious fucking ass, unless it's Lands of Lore 2 & 3.
>>
>>2806838
>Just look if it's made in the west. Chances are it'll kick serious fucking ass
assuming you can find any, or at least any that aren't at the bare minimum 10 years old
>>
File: eob2-open.png (94 KB, 1138x652)
94 KB
94 KB PNG
>>2806771
Blame american politics for this plus /v/ enduring retardation, as usual.
Basically where this comes from is that a lot of the modern American (and anglo in general, really) liberals are not really "liberals" nor are they avowed commies but a bizarre collection of freaks and fringe elements along with a core of pathologically altruistic white women, unified by corporate (((propaganda))) into a loose political coalition united against the "right-wing." So rather than calling them "liberals" or "progressives", the terms "leftist" and "leftoid" became common instead.

/v/, being typically retarded and possessed of a desire to say retarded things, started adding "-oid" to anything they wanted to sound like a group insult. (Though to be fair, lefties did it first with "rightoid" as return fire).

But, there's some truth to >>2806702
I just fired up pic-related last night (a 31-year old game) because there haven't been any decent western first-person dungeon crawlers made in 20 years (outside of maybe Grimrock I guess, but I can't disagree with >>2806528 either). But I also can't get excited about Japanese loliquest drpgs either.
>>
>>2806852
Ah, thanks. I ask someone why they were using "rightoid" for the same reason and this clears it all up, it's cargo cult memes.
>>
File: 2022-01-01-181029.png (600 KB, 960x544)
600 KB
600 KB PNG
You should start and finish with the dungeon travelers series because they solved the genre.
>>
>>2806838
Nips aren't behind anything, they actively choose the style from the 80's. Sort of like how western developers choose to put in crossdressing, boy molesting fruits every chance they get.
>>
>>2807057
you mean like they do with jrpgs? smt 5 you play as a tranny
>>
>correct mindset
You need to go back
>>
>>2806998
Is it possible to play Dungeon Travelers 2-2 using only Google Translate or one can only dream with a US release?
>>
>>2807570
Just spend to years of your life learning runes bro.
>>
>>2807090
>smt 5 you play as a tranny
you play as an american?
>>
>>2806528
Considering you use the new term "drpg" its pretty obvious you were never interested in dungeon crawlers from the start.
>>
>>2807906
"blobbers" is even worse as a newfag term if that's what you're gonna complain about
almost nobody used it until the ZP faggot started using it
>>
>>2808008
drpg doesnt make any sense. that could be anything.
>>
>>2808009
But it's not, and you know what it fucking means.
Not that guy either, you're just annoying.
drpg is a label now commonly used to identify RPGs that use a first-person grid-based navigation system, often where a full party moves synchronously (called "blobber" since no better term is commonly used). This is a very distinct subgenre of RPG woth blatantly obvious mechanical distinctions, and it doesn't say anything at all about someone who uses the term other than they have a reasonable vocabulary.
>>
>>2808008
What, Yahtzee used it? He must be oldschool.
>>
>>2807904
nope, you play as a typical jap man who wishes they were female.
>>
I really enjoyed „Fall of the Dungeon Guardians” available on Steam. It’s turn-based, offers multiple difficulty customisation options. It’s dark, murku and devoid of cringy anime stuff. Available on Steam.
>>
>>2808008
I've seen it being used in super old game magazines before, you can't just cry "newfag term" at every word you don't like and expect to be taken seriously
>>
how the fuck do i rip track songs from Unity games? i need to upload Potato Flowers' OST on youtube asap
>>
>>2811085
>how do I make money off someone else's work? :(((
>>
>>2811085
money?
>>
>>2806505
Etrian Odyssey suddenly comes into my mind.
>>
>>2806125
I just like filling maps out to satisfy my autism and fighting bosses underlevelled, I don't really care about random battles since they're either so weak you don't think about them or strong to the point that you just use some tactic to abuse them because it's not satisfying to engage.
My fun just comes from discovering new things/music and the sense of progression, I suppose.
>>
>>2808637
I enjoyed it as well, but a couple of things really irked me.
Loot is class based with no regard to exact builds you're using. So if you have plate tank, leather dps and two cloth users you WILL get dps plate and tank leather gear. Which forces you to bring two plate + two cloth or two leather + two cloth users, at least on highest difficulty. I also found Necromancer way above other healers because he deals damage while healing, increasing party dps - kinda important when bosses have enrage timers.
There was also the case of devs going out of their way to minimize grid-dancing...until final boss whomst you have to dance around putting him in the way of damaging projectiles that fly out of the walls while dpsing him. That fight was such complete bullshit that I tuned the difficulty all the way down after beating the whole game on max settings.
>>
>>2806125
>The ones where you mash attack until the enemy is dead without worrying about anything
Are you the dumbass "reviewer" who claimed you could beat Etrian Odyssey exclusively with basic attacks and heals?
>>
>>2806838
>refuse to evolve
Absolutely based
>>
>>2806838
What do you have against Lands of Lore 2, anon?
>>
>>2806125
>>2806226

unironically Might and Magic 6, 7 and 8 are all great non weeby games with great DRPG aspects. Also some of the best games of all time. I know it's blasphemy, but go buy MM8, download the merge mod and try them out for next to nothing.

You'll like them OP
>>
Idk if this thread or even this board is the right place to ask this, but is it true that the European EO1 is less glitchy than American EO1? Asking this because I dropped when I entered the 4th stratum because of the Pearl glitch, and now I'm currently playing the European version.
>>
apparently the Wizardry VA development build was leaked this summer, anything interesting?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HgBKG81hvo
>>
>>2806998
>>2813970
>stuck on Vita forever

Thanks Gaben
>>
>>2806852
>Can't explain what Westoid is without going full schizo rambling.
>Calls /v/ retarded even though he talks just like one of them.
Seek help.
>>
>>2808009
for instance, it could mean Dicksucking Retard Posts Gibberish, i.e. (You)
>>
I really enjoyed the first two Shin Megami Tensei games. I wish there was something else with its atmosphere and/or real world mythology basis. It seems like a clone that some indie dev or three out there would be interested in doing, but I haven't seen any.
>>
>>2814229
>It seems like a clone that some indie dev or three out there would be interested in doing, but I haven't seen any.
10 years ago, there was a game on Kickstarter called Theocalypse that was going to be similar to SMT. Unfortunately, the campaign didn't reach its goal, and the studio apparently swiftly dissapeared afterwards.
>https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2gzstudios/theocalypse-mythology-and-modern-day-collide-in-th
>>
>>2814214
>He didn't know.
>>
>>2814229
Anyone doing research on that will likely wind up realizing all occult stuff they'd like to do is dated to egypt, ancient greece, or the roman empire that isn't covered by the last two. While Japs don't care and will throw it all in and do their own thing anyways, seeing that the opposite of the bible is egypt can bum people out.
>>
>>2814328
>the opposite of the bible is egypt
That's a pretty reductive way of looking at it. There's a lot of schisms and a lot of syncretism over a lot of time.
>>
>>2814229
>I really enjoyed the first two Shin Megami Tensei games.
What is wrong with the other games. Not the mainline games which stopped being first person dungeon crawling but plenty of spin off are like the first two games.
>>
>>2814349
Nothing's wrong with them. Those are just the first person ones that I've played.
>>
>>2814335
I like how you are such a total midwit lorelet that you completely pulled a blank on Israelites being persecuted in Egypt, Christians being persecuted in the Roman Empire, and that with the exception of any occult traditions or mystery schools that specifically come from anywhere but the middle east and Mediterranean they all have a shared history with Christianity.
>>
>>2814424
There are older religions, anon.
>>
>>2814429
Agreed. What kind of tool do you have to be to take a look at what I said and think "he is obviously talking about civilizations so old we don't even know their names" instead of say Egypt, or Greeks, or Jewish mysticism aka the Kabbalah.

You I would imagine.
>>
>>2806226
If you actually want good combat in a DRPG you play Etrian Odyssey. If you want to whine about anime instead then you can lose out.
>>
>>2813970
>When Luko sings this song at the winter tower during 2-2
Soul.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I8oGWtfe4o
>>
>>2806998
I wish the game's UI wasn't so fucking ugly. It looks like a placeholder.
>>
>>2814443
Yes, I am talking about older peoples. I always was. You are arbitrarily limiting yourself to a specific moment in history, as though you think that ancient Egyptians, Greeks and Jews just popped into existence in the form you understand them as one day, with absolutely no genealogy to speak of. I think that's foolish and reductive.
>>
>>2815280
>I think that's foolish and reductive.
That is retarded, you basically imagined in your mind something I never said. Shove it up your ass M8.
>>
>>2815286
>>2814328
You said that all of mythology and all of human religious history can be boiled down to
>the opposite of the Bible is Egypt.
That is foolish and reductive because it ignores all of the history, development, schisms and syncretism that the precursors to each of these previously mentioned cultures and religions had to go through even just to get to the form you understand them as now.
To add to that, you seem to know nothing of the various mystery schools and how their teachings informed other cults (like Christianity, for example) as they developed.
>>
>>2815293
I said all occult stuff you fucking wanker. You are such a prick turning your own little knob I had to spell it out to you I was making a reference to Christian and Jewish history specifically with that line. You are midwit here associating studying mythology as being the same thing as studying the occult. you are just a worthless shithead who couldn't even be bothered to ask me to clarify what I was even talking about.

So you can fuck right off.
>>
>>2806998
it's pretty boring and the UI looks straight out of windows XP
always try to play a bit more but drop it after a few hours
>>
>>2815298
>couldn't even be bothered to ask me to clarify what I was even talking about
Is remarking on your statement not an implicit request for clarification? Let's go back.
>>2814335
I assessed your statement and your statement alone and, instead of choosing to just clarify yourself, you got pissy with me.
>>2814424

In any case, your "clarification" is irrelevant. You are stuck in a paradigm and I'm sorry I mentioned it now. Have a nice day.
>>
>>2815334
No.
>>
>>2806616
Turn based is easier what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>2806850
>or at least any that aren't at the bare minimum 10 years old
Who cares? I want games to play, they don't go spoil cause it's a decade old
>>
File: eob-plaque.jpg (24 KB, 986x65)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>2814214
That the post triggered you says more about you than anything else.
>>
There's a NIS sale on steam and I've got a DRPG itch, is Labyrinth of Refrain nice for someone who hasn't played DRPGs in ages?
>>
>>2816258
LoR is sadly a meme, you can do much better than that
>>
>>2816258
LoR has a great story but the gameplay is shit.
>>
File: 2022-10-13-130234.png (797 KB, 960x544)
797 KB
797 KB PNG
Some DLC and and themes from Dungeon Travelers 2-2 seem to be missing now, can anyone dump them?
>>
>>2816651
replacing sensei with this was a mistake
>>
File: 2022-10-13-194107.png (757 KB, 960x544)
757 KB
757 KB PNG
>>2816670
I mean, you know any necromancer to make the seiyuu work again? I actually feel bad for whoever they bring to replace her, it´s hard to top maid sensei.
>>
>>2812430
There's an Etrian general, best to ask there!
>>
>>2816258
Labyrinth of Refrain had so much promise with it's mechanics, but sadly only worth watching a long play on 2x to see the cool art.
>>
How comfy is refrain? I don't feel like playing two hardcore games right now.
>>
>>2816739
It's not. Confusing mechanics that devolve into autobattling, a super edgy cringe story. The art is really good, and the music has that spoopy disgaea vibe to it
>>
>>2816739
It's pretty comfy til late midgame, after that it slowly devolves into disgaea numberfaggotry
dont listen to >>2816813
>>
Has anyone managed to play Dungeon Travelers 2 on vita3k? How does it run?
I'm also struggling with getting it to install in the first place
>>
>>2817253
It works but I wouldn't bother with it just yet, performance is really bad
>>
Alright nerds I'm gonna be out of town and need a good dungeon crawler, which one do I pick
>>
>>2817481
Zangetsu came out and looks good.
>>
File: 1639544815884.png (5 KB, 1152x512)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
>>2806125
First person turn based DRPG for me are just something that fulfills my autism void that not many normal turn base rpg can fill. If I play some modern Square Enix/Soft game, I just know its gonna be some flashy fast paced 3 niggas in a row long story book game(not that that's a bad thing). Whereas DRPG are just simple brain dead turn based rpgs that get straight to the point. I just want to battle monsters and explore dungeons/maps with little to no interruptions. The way they change up the monsters every floor, room, or even party level forces you to adapt to the situation where party management becomes a necessity. A lot of the times your formations matter, your buffs matter, your debuffs matter, your class/job matter. The kind of things that are just missing in too many non turn based DRPGs.

I'll admit, I do get bored of them and more then often, I put them down to go play something else but I like that I can come back to them and not forget where I left off at, unless the game has a shit load of mechanics or hidden mechanics to remember.
>>
>>2817508
The difference for me shows in a simple fact, when your characters level up in every rpg you dump stats as soon as you can on whatever skill you like, in contrast while playing a dungeon crawler i always save skill points for when i need to, a boss needs some elemental debuffs etc.
>>
File: nisabundle.png (228 KB, 552x406)
228 KB
228 KB PNG
Got the NISA drpg bundle. Which should I play first?
>>
>>2806125
You must be a neet or a student with too much free time.
Bonus points if you have autism.
>>
I've played about 10 hours of Labyrinth of Refrain. I might buy the in-game difficulty increase option. This is pants-on-head easy, so far. Does the difficulty spike up soon?
>>
>got ambushed by two of those big green things with anchors in MS Finale
Well that was a Game Over. Shit.
>>
File: 2017-10-09-231902.png (554 KB, 960x544)
554 KB
554 KB PNG
>>2817791
why did they include stranger twice
start with abyss and babel if you want to get the 'worst' ones out of the way first
>>
>>2817791
I haven't played the original Stranger of Sword City, nor Saviors where I only played the psp version.

Keeping that in mind, I'd rank them: Operation Babel -> Stranger of Sword City = Saviors -> Operation Abyss = Labyrinth of refrain.

Operation Babel takes place after Abyss. The rest isn't related. Operation Babel is the only game I'd call quite alright, the rest have all their issues in plentiful. They may have higher highs, but in exchange also WAY WAY lower lows.
>>
>>2818243
>why did they include stranger twice
2 different versions. SoSW includes SoSC Revisited.
>>
>>2818253
Which ones have the best dungeon designs? Ones with the most amount of puzzles, secrets and hazards and with the least amount of filler?
>>
>>2817284
I've been playing it for a while now and it works pretty well, some weird screen flickers and slowdowns when using healing spells in the menu, otherwise solid
I have my team at level 15 now so I can class change, any recommendations or traps I shouldn't fall for?
>>
File: mordor.png (160 KB, 2195x1301)
160 KB
160 KB PNG
Mordor was good.
>>
>>2814589
You may not agree with him, but he's not wrong.
>>
>>2817501
are you from the future?
>>
>>2817932
The real Nightmares.
>>
>>2818624
there are no trap options, just some classes have a power spike at specific ranges and some classes that generally make battles easier so it's up to you whether you want to use them. Like at that point you're borderline unkillable with priestess + bard
>>
Any tips you could give me bros? In my opinion Finale feels a lot more punitive than the previous 2 games. Like, leveling is harder here, blood crystals are rarer. I can’t do the same trial and error and my mistakes are costly. I think they may have made purposefully harder thinking a guy that beat the other two will be ready for it but I was a dumbass spamming AoEs and Jail Roulettes. This isn’t an option anymore with the teams scattered and rebalanced.
Regardless this is THE team I need help. Jack’s and Toh’s parties feel better. Like the former more offensive focused and the latter sturdier. But this one became a mess because I didn’t know what to do with Rapunzel and now she has a bunch of Magical skills and now I realized she should have been supposed to buff and debuff and now I have no idea how to equip her. Nor Pyra for the matter.
I just reached the 4th floor of Salvation with them. Everything feels capable of partywiping me and these >>2817932 feel like >>2819037 this.
Furthermore I have no idea how Agility properly works regarding turn order and chanting. Sleeping Beauty may get the first turn but her second turn takes forever. Rapunzel has poor agility yet she gets a bunch of turns over and over.
>>
Any good ones specifically on PS2? Just pulled mine out of storage, softmodded it, and looking for some good games that I never played before.
>>
>>2820054
Wizardry busin 0 is amazing, probably the best wiz game.
>>
>>2806125
map completion and exploration is your goal
view your party as resources to manage
>>
File: 20221023084429_1.jpg (419 KB, 1920x1080)
419 KB
419 KB JPG
Playing Operation Abyss, the dungeon design is decent but man the encounter design is braindead so far. I got away with just spamming literally nothing but attack for the first 8 hours before I got an encounter with an enemy dangerous enough to kill one party member. Status afflictions are extremely rare. I'll stick with it because I like the game overall and the dungeon design is worth it.
>>
>>2821081
Also, my academic never ever fails to inspect and disarm a trap, it's stupid.
>>
>>2818628
You sir are my nigger and can fuck my sister when ever you want.
>>
>>2819862
>Like, leveling is harder here
it's not, for some reason the devs compressed the power curve from level 1-99 to 1-50, you basically get double benefits for each level up, but leveling up costs twice the exp
it makes no fucking sense but whatever
>Regardless this is THE team I need help.
turn pyre into a not-destroyer with either a scythe or gauntlets and get all the autoattack skills, then pretty much turn her into a melee ranged class that spams kagome kagome until she's on massacre, she can tank well
leave gretel on mimic, she's a surprisingly good tank, whatever she does doesn't really matter, keep her with a scythe
leave rappy on libero with scissors, also a surprisingly good tank, just make her do debuff duty
hameln is fine, she does damage, sleepy is whatever
i'm surprised this is the team that is lagging behind, the actual shit team is toh's
>Furthermore I have no idea how Agility properly works regarding turn order and chanting. Sleeping Beauty may get the first turn but her second turn takes forever. Rapunzel has poor agility yet she gets a bunch of turns over and over.
it's CTB combat, different skills have different turn delay values and need longer recovery, you're probably spamming cheap delay skills with rapunzel while using a pointlessly big one with sleepy
>>
>>2818243
kek, based nips.
>>
>>2822253
>it's not, for some reason the devs compressed the power curve from level 1-99 to 1-50, you basically get double benefits for each level up, but leveling up costs twice the exp
>it makes no fucking sense but whatever
You're leveling up eighteen characters across three parties so it would've got annoying to keep the same pacing as the previous games where you're effectively only keeping up with six at a time, especially when it comes to spending CP for skills.
>>
>>2822253
Turns out part of the reason was because I was 10 levels below the enemies and the moment I got new gear I lacked Blood Crystals to upgrade them leaving Clara’s party overall fragile.
I got good tips here and there like in /nepgen/ with other people, got skills like Maiden’s Axiom (mistranslated to passively recover HP instead of the true SP), changed the gear that the girls were in to have less ATK or TEC and DEF but get more MEN so they din’t get partywiped and went back to Grave Tower to farm some crystals for them to get more classes and upgrade the gear. Things got much much much better. And though it’s still suicide to fight this guy I can at least survive to run away
Arrogance still costed me dearly but I can feel when the provlem is on me
I love this game. Although I spend a lot of time whiles exploring or preparing the party I like how much impact those things have. It gives you all you need to fight back.
Regardless: do you know if LUK has impact on those autoattack and spray passives? As well as Kagome-Kagome? I did notice it has overall impact on the Debuff skills.
>>
>>2822253
Also the reason Toh wasn’t behind likely is because I’m not used to lacking someone like Alice/Cinderella on the team. Red Hood and Cinderella can successfully make the party survive long enough for the Debuffs to land which in turn render most of the damage the team receives manageable.
>>
>>2806187
>pedo
Go back to tumblr.
>>
>>2822993
Ironically that enemy is a reskin of a boss you fight in Death end re;Quest 2 right before Shiina gets murdered. Just seeing it should spell bad news to CH fans.
>>
>>2822993
>changed the gear that the girls were in to have less ATK or TEC and DEF but get more MEN so they din’t get partywiped
yeah part of the thing is that iirc a few weapons like guns now drop your MEN to shit and most people usually don't notice
>Regardless: do you know if LUK has impact on those autoattack and spray passives? As well as Kagome-Kagome? I did notice it has overall impact on the Debuff skills.
it very much does affect all those things, anything that has a % chance to apply from you is affected by luck
annoyingly enough, iirc AGI also affects hit chance, which means a "properly" build all ATK no AGI destroyer with a hammer or great sword is going to be hitting fuck all, so you may want to not completely kill any specific stat
>>
File: Mai off-topic.jpg (2.08 MB, 2160x1212)
2.08 MB
2.08 MB JPG
>>2823200
Yeah, I remember VIVIDLY how that Skinshank motherfucker, was a stone wall that hit fucking hard and kept casting counters.
>>2823261
>irc AGI also affects hit chance, which means a "properly" build all ATK no AGI destroyer with a hammer or great sword is going to be hitting fuck all, so you may want to not completely kill any specific stat
Well that explains a lot.
>it very much does affect all those things, anything that has a % chance to apply from you is affected by luck
Alright, guess I'll try to respecc the archer-type girls to have more LUCK. A Kagome Kagome might as well be a bonus stun.
>>
>>2823289
you don't need that much luck for kagome kagome, you need a full set of platinum kagome gear, or at least everything aside from the weapon
which is not hard, you just need to do a little save scumming right before harvesting gold blood roses with the option to send someone in the camp
>>
>>2818243
Abyss is great though. At least better than the garbage that is LoRefrain an SoSW
>>
Jap crawlers are mostly bad. Of those that are quality you basically have the various Starfish Wizardy, Elminage, EO, SJ, Dark Spire, and some doujinsoft. Of the games on Steam I found Refrain to be the most offensively bad, but honestly only Elminage is worth it. If you are playing on steam only and not emulating you pretty much have no choice but to play western if you want quality.
>>
>>2825350
nobody asked
>>
>>2825358
It pertains to the topic of the thread.
>>
>>2818628
Too bad Demise was on Daggerfall levels of bugs.
>>
File: 1666794426671881.jpg (90 KB, 824x983)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
i'll never forgive Experience for pussying out on making Death Mark a DRPG
>>
>>2825350
>I found Refrain to be the most offensively bad
What didn't you like about it?
>>
>>2825732
It's the typical NIS formula imposed on a blobber, in this way I feel it is more for NIS fans than blobber fans, as all of their games are kind of the same.
>>
>>2825950
what a smart sounding post that says jack fucking shit
>>
>>2825950
Not sure what the NIS formula is unfortunately, I've only really played etrian odyssey in this genre.
>>
>>2825952
>do you liek the grindan gaem
>ironic weeb humor made even worse by NISA translations
>insane feature bloat to pad out awful and largely automated gameplay
>>
>>2825958
>>ironic weeb humor made even worse by NISA translations
That'd probably be the main killer for me, I just can't tolerate that anymore. I don't mind grinding in these games.
>>
>>2825954
>Not sure what the NIS formula is
Basically its making as many numbers go up as possible so you don't notice how bad the games are.
>>
>>2825958
>>2825961
The real irony is not only you can clear the game with basically no grinding while giving zero fucks about the actual mechanics or numbers of the game because it's so piss easy, this is pretty much the only NIS game in recent memory that doesn't have the ironic weeb humor.
Though the translation IS shit, but that's normal for JP to EN translations.
>>
>>2825963
>The real irony is not only you can clear the game with basically no grinding
The whole game is grinding, everything before it is just a short demo.
>>
>>2806226
>boo hoo hoo I don't want to play good DRPGs because hurrrrrrrrrrrrrr

>>2806125
>why are bad DRPGs all bad?????????????????????????????

retard
>>
>>2825976
are you okay
>>
>>2806614
ywnbaw
>>
Does anyone have the chart of good beginner blobbers? 'm in the mood for some comfy autistic dungeon crawling, or should i just start with wizardry 1?
>>
File: Llylgamyn Saga.png (149 KB, 580x400)
149 KB
149 KB PNG
>>2827348
If you are going to start with Wizardry 1 emulate the Llylgamyn Saga on PS1 with pic related enabled in options. Other good options are Lands of Lore (real time) or Might and Magic 3 (lawn mower simulator) or Might and Magic 6. (lawn mower simulator, zoomer edition) An easy entry into combat heavy blobbers is Etrian Oddysey, but honestly Wizardry 1 is not only a simpler game, but also better despite not having half naked children, and its reputation as being difficult has mostly been due to memes and people who have never touched it.

The chart is just wrong and was made by an idiot who doesn't know what they are talking about.
>>
>>2827354
Wow, this is really helpful, i've played Etrian IV before but i wanted a taste of that old school western goodness, Thanks a lot
>>
>>2806125
>Even though I like all these things, there's one thing that always filters me in these games: the combat.
A lot of DRPGs are more about long term strategic choices rather than moment-by-moment tactical decisions. There's a few that buck the trend and go the other direction like Etrian Odyssey, whereas something like Labyrinth of Refrain represents the opposite pole (very few tactical decisions, mostly about setting up your Covens appropriately to buzzsaw through encounters).
>>
>>2827354
I was having some weird issue on epsxe and this where my input was on turbo mode or something. I'm playing the snes version instead.
>>
>>2827403
I've always just used mednafen for ps1. Aren't the 2nd and 3rd scenarios swapped and rebalanced as such in the SNES port? (this actually isn't nearly as big a problem as it sounds, just something to be aware of) I haven't even messed with it in, like, decades.
>>
>>2814589
I got decently far in EO nexus but I burned out shortly after the Ocean level I should give it another go it was a good game
>>
>>2827434
The other EO games are imo much better paced than Nexus, it's really too long for it's own good with a lot of similar forest-y dungeons in the early game
>>
I need another dungeon crawler where you can import portraits now that AI generated cunny is so easy to make
>>
>>2821160
Only if your sister is a tranny with an asspussy.
>>
>>2821081
You need to input the D-pad combo code to unlock the hardest difficulty, that's the only true way to enjoy the game.
>>
>>2827948
its time to play elminage gothic
>>
>>2825680
I wonder how would that work out especially in an urban setting where your only enemy encounters happen to be phantoms that would've been mid early bosses other rpgs or random fodder at worse considering you don't encounter anything else outside of ghost Jumpscares.
>>
>>2827354
Thanks.
>>
>>2806125
play strategy games if you want strategy in your combat, I like the game you described exactly as they are, if every battle was a chess match it would be incredibly annoying
>>
File: gridc64gg_jZKUweoBRF.png (238 KB, 1920x1057)
238 KB
238 KB PNG
i just enjoy exploring and making my own maps, i could care less about combat. if there was a game about just making maps i would probably love it.
>>
>>2828204
What's the program called?
>>
>>2828218
Grid Cartographer
>>
Moero Chronicles Hyper's on sale and I'm wondering if it's any good? I hear that the underwear that determine each monster girl's stats and skills are very much unoptimized and impractical.
>>
File: no more.jpg (100 KB, 700x618)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>2806125
>What is the correct mindset to enjoy DRPGs?
forget about squares
>>
>>2828458
the original moero was basically the beta test for mary skelter
meanwhile hyper is basically skelter 2.5 but with different characters and plot and aesthetic
tldr if you liked skelter you will probably like hyper, at least in terms of mechanics because it's nothing you haven't seen before, it's just "more content"
>>
>>2828204
>if there was a game about just making maps
the app you posted is basically that, what would a game about making dungeons even entail
>>
I'm not gonna lie, I just wish there was one that had the right mix of stuff. For example, I enjoy the flashier, longer and more dramatic battles of EO and the FOE puzzles are cute but I wish the dungeons were more sadistic, complex and there wasn't a free "escape dungeon" item. It doesn't help that they've casualized some mechanics as the series went on. I don't know, I feel like there's still a lot of things that could be done and it's as if I'd have to make something myself to see it become real.
>>
>>2829976
Making a escape option easily avaible is what ruins these games for me, managing resources knowing that you need to go all the way back to the dungeon's entrance is half the fun.
>>
File: 1575522632384.jpg (2.01 MB, 2000x2633)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB JPG
>>2806226
>>
File: FKWqXwvaQAIODAT.jpg (347 KB, 1200x835)
347 KB
347 KB JPG
>>2829976
100% agreed, EO is my favorite game series but casualization of later entries was a big problem. Though there are a few later entries with some nasty surprises, like EO5 having enemies that can destroy your warp-wires/threads forcing you to take the long way home. And Untold 2 (only play Classic Mode, FUCK Story Mode) has some lovely segments that turn off your ability to leave the dungeon.

Later EOs were also afraid of using pitfalls, which I thought was lame. IIRC some of the games even have the pitfall marker available but no actual pitfalls in the entire game.
>>
>>2829976
It would be nice to have stuff like this as toggleable difficulty options
Personally I don't care at all about dungeon difficulty, I dislike any and all trap/chest RNG, I just want challenging battles, to the point TP management is enough to make advancing through a floor for the first time and doing quests challenging
>>
>>2831628
you'd probably like dungeon encounters
>>
File: 22865082_p0.jpg (105 KB, 696x696)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
https://twitter.com/KowloonOOA_PR/status/1587257579390267394
Kowloon High School on Steam!
>>
>>2808501
>they
>>
>>2808008
>>2808685
afaik it originated on the Codex in the mid aughts
>>
>>2831681
In English?
>>
>>2831681
wow minakami sure has long legs
>>
>>2830007
Is it viable to play the default party in Clouds of Xeen or should I try to roll a better one?
>>
File: EO.png (1.34 MB, 2052x1433)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB PNG
>>2830985
When are we getting EO on switch?
>>
>>2832307
No one in this thread plays real crawlers and that image was made by someone who doesn't know what they are talking about. Yes, you can use the default party, it's pretty good, and if you decide not to make sure you keep their items.
>>
>>2831735
Interface and subtitles
>>
>>2832365
Not soon enough, anon.
>>
>>2832365
if it doesnt use the switch's touch screen for maps i dont want it
>>
i was thinking about double dipping Kowloon HS but if it's going to be the usual shitty and bareboned jap console port i think i'm gonna skip it.
>>
>>2806125
be a massive autist apparently and deny creation
https://youtu.be/ToDZHEm7sKs?t=1821
>>
>>2806125
If you like to kill enemies, level up and find treasure, then dungeon crawlers are for you.
>>
>>2830007
This thing looks more like it was made by the 'dex(before Aweigh fucked everything up and attracted a bunch of weeb crawlers) than /v/.
>>
Does this ever get harder? Part of me is bored of cruising through but part of me likes not hitting major road blocks.

Yea I know you can pump the difficulty.
>>
>>2837067
no lol
>>
>>2837067
To my knowledge, only the postgame gets harder.
>>
File: FgudSdgaEAIzeGh.jpg (289 KB, 1280x720)
289 KB
289 KB JPG
>>2837067
You can go to the depths of Campanula before you're supposed to for a challenge, although the gear you get from it will make the rest of the game even easier.
>>
>>2829954
...Dungeon Keeper?
>>
File: full_length_048.png (249 KB, 1024x1024)
249 KB
249 KB PNG
>>2837085
Yea I strolled in there and got clobbered, but I think I found an important event item there so I don't know why I was sent over

>>2837075
>>2837076
Well alright then. Guess I'll keep cruising and crafting new girls
>>
Is Vaporum basically just steampunk Grimrock?
>>
>>2837131
Yes
>>
>>2837067
only some bosses at the end get an insane difficulty spike but that's the way it is
>>
is it worth to get a vita for dungeon travelers
>>
>>2837632
there used to be a vita dungeon crawler chart, do you know runes? Otherwise no.
>>
File: 1667697598723.jpg (3.53 MB, 2007x4490)
3.53 MB
3.53 MB JPG
>>2837682
>there used to be a vita dungeon crawler chart
This one? From what I can see only DT is worth of it. I recall someone shilling Demon gaze but given that it's an experience game im wary of it.
>>
>>2837689
Not that one, this one.
>>
I'm about to finish Labyrinth of Touhou 2. And then I will have to find something else to play. The dungeons were never that great but the combat was.
>>
Paper mario the origami king.
>>
speaking of vita, they're actually having progress on the emu
>>
File: 2022-10-13-141805.png (525 KB, 960x544)
525 KB
525 KB PNG
Here's your monster bro.
>>
>>2839236
>tfw Froppy will never hoppy your floppy until you sloppy her toppy, then moppy the gloppy from your floppy jaloppy
>>
>>2839266
Why even live?
>>
>>2839236
cute frog
>>
>>2806125
>mindset
Do you enjoy the game? Then play it. Don't enjoy it? Don't play it. It's a fucking game, not a career path.
>>
>>2839236
i hate rune fags so much it's unreal this is a fucking english website no one understands your runes you faggot.
>>
has anyone played picrel?
>>
>>2839340
You are not supposed to read the text, just look at the scary monster, bro!
>>
>>2839432
Beyond The Beyond and Suikoden were the first two JRPGs I had for PSX. I think they were also the first two released, at least in the states.
>>
>>2839525
I never owned a Saturn but I remember seeing preview articles about Shining The Holy Ark on gamepro and something about it always caught my attention. To this day I think the graphics and art direction look dope. I'll try to hunt it down to see if I can get it running on an emulator
>>
>>2840395
>I'll try to hunt it down to see if I can get it running on an emulator
I was going to say the game is available on Steam, but it turns out I was actually thinking of Shining in the Darkness. Nevermind me, just carry on.
>>
>>2839432
I like it.
>>
>DUNGEON CRAWLER GAMES Due to your recent playtime in other Dungeon Crawler games
>Cult of the Lamb
>Minecraft Dungeons
Oh Steam! Why did you ever let normalfags tell you what is what?
>>
>>2842739
Try DRPG, that's how japs call them.
>>
>>2842739
filter by "first person" and "RPG" that mostly works. You want a real fucked up tag? Look at "immersive sim" completely useless.
>You like System Shock and Deus Ex, how about Farming Simulator 22 and Madden?
>>
File: 92346169_p0.jpg (3.49 MB, 2200x1500)
3.49 MB
3.49 MB JPG
Kowloon High-School Chronicle is out on Steam and only 20 bucks!
>>
>>2843247
>The neutered modern "remake"
Who cares, the old re:charge PS2 version is better and has more content
>>
>>2830007
I think Operencia should be added to the modern Blobber's list. Personally the dialogues put me off a bit but the game is pretty much a tile based RPG
>>
>>2837690
Are the last 2 the same game or is the last one a sequel that was not translated/released in the west?
>>
>>2843251
it's not in English though
>>
>>2843498
The second is an unlocalized sequel to Labyrinth of Lost Souls.
>>
File: 550x496.jpg (82 KB, 550x496)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
I think Etrian Odyssey games would be better if a total party wipe would juts put you back in town with the rest of your characters to roll with, and you could find some of the old team's items scattered around.

The fact that one wipe eds the game makes no sense to me when you are running a guild.

Thoughts?
>>
>>2806702
Your a faggot, and will never be a woman
>>
>>2806125
Stop posting threads here and just play the game asking something stupid like "how do I like X?." Either you like it or you don't. Fucking retards these days.
>>
>>2843598
Would make it more wizardry like, but most people just play a guild with only 1 functional party because grinding more than that is tedious.
I guess it would force you to make gathering runs.
>>
>>2843707
In the event you didn't notice, this is a poorly disguised DRPG general.
>>
>>2843837
>1 party games
That's more of a struggle than having low level groups with resource gathering skills run around, since those are a waste of skillpoints on your main fighting force.

I tried playing EO1-2 with a one party play and I was fucking miserable, no components to make anything, always broke, always desperate. Not to mention, if your party is not suited for an encounter you are shit out of luck. I didn't take any debuffers or binders in the first go, just raw damage. Imagine how well that went.
>>
>>2844184
I don't mean not having a gathering party. I mean having more than one fully leveled up combat party.
I don't really remember all that much how it was for EO2, but in EO1, gathering was always a result of a lot -and I mean a lot- of save scumming because the gathering party could barely handle encounters 3 strata above the place where they had to gather shit. Even with the reduced encounters skills, it wasn't 100% like in EO3.
>>
>>2844184
EO shouldn't have gathering at all. It hurts the games a lot.
>>
Speaking of EO, when does EO2U get interesting? Im playing on expert, classic mode, and im falling asleep while going through the 9th floor.
>>
>>2844524
It's FOE puzzle shortcut FOE puzzle shortcut the whole way through.
>>
File: 1668218654971.gif (2.35 MB, 250x174)
2.35 MB
2.35 MB GIF
>>2845099
Really? I think im just gonna replay elminage gothic. I miss ibag's tower.
>>
>>2827354
Played through Wizardry 1-5 via the Llylgamyn Saga and New Age of Llylgamyn PS1 collections at the start of this year, with a big pad of graph paper of course. The games are just fucking good, especially 1 and 4. I'm so glad that anons are doing god's work by plugging these PS1 collections as they're the most accessible manner to play the games. Nail on the head about the reputation mostly being overblown by memes at this point. There are some bullshit esoteric riddles especially in 4 and 5 but the core mapping experience is fantastic. Gonna tackle 6-8 soonish but I've been exploring some other series to take a tolerance break
>>
>>2845142
I've only played through Wizardy 1. I''ve read the're were two different Wizardry 4 games because the original had weird puzzles.
I think you'd enjoy The Dark Spire for the NDS. Some of the riddles near the 4th floor are weird, but the game is solid.
>>
>>2846049
Since Wiz 4 is vastly different to the other titles they included an alternate mode where you could directly control the monsters in your party with some extra stuff, but all the extras are untranslated. The original Wiz 4 scenario is intact and in English, and that's the one people should play anyways. The Dark Spire is in my pile of DS games to play, doing Etrian Odyssey 3 (playing in order, have done 1-2 of course) and the Dragon Quest titles on that first
>>
File: 11958.png (28 KB, 1270x540)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
>>2844524
>9th floor
I remember that place, haha
>>
File: 1668354893913.jpg (46 KB, 720x676)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>2846732
>only one third of the map can be explored until much later
why
>>
>>2806125
Have you tried Etrian Odyssey? I've heard some people complain the dungeons feel too linear in that game, but the combat is definitely a lot more involved than mash A to win. And some other games with "good dungeons" I've played may have been more non-linear, but the dungeon layouts in those also felt way less impactful to the gameplay than in EO.
>>
File: 32154.png (1.68 MB, 1926x1436)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB PNG
Playing this game for the first time in 20 years. It is actually pretty fun. As a kid I was way too dumb to figure it out; I don't think I even got to the first town.
>>
>>2847096
Is that the Ravenloft game?
>>
>>2847204
Yeah, the first one, Strahd's Possession.
>>
Is Dungeon Encounters any good?
>>
>>2830007
I remember playing Stonekeep when it came out, wonder how it compares to others
>>
>>2847657
Yes
>>
>BARRIER
>BARRIER
>BARRIER
>BARRIER
Who designed this shit? I have never encountered an RPG where the spellcasters are as useless as this. They're relegated to buffers only because nothing fucking hits.
It's so damn annoying. If I'm going to waste a turn on spell sword in the chance that the spell MIGHT land I might as well get some guaranteed damage in or use restrict shot to save my ass.
I was really enjoying the game too up until this shit.
>>
>>2830007
Where does pic related fit in terms of difficulty?
I liked it and beat it so will I cry and pee myself if I play Wizardry VI?
>>
>>2849139
unironically, literally, skill issue
git gud
>>
>>2849146
its pre Bradley wiz with fancy graphics/music and worse dungeons/encounters
>>
>>2849657
What do I do besides grind more? Those Greater Demons and Dragons on the 10th floor are fucking my shit. Party is around level 20 or so. Deploy seems to increase the damage from breath attacks despite what it says and even after spell sword lands the enemies still resists all offensive magic, even Megadeath, and insta-kill magic is a waste of a turn.
>>
>>2849670
What does pre Bradley mean?

Where does it fit in terms of difficulty? (that was my original question. you decided to completely neglect answering it and instead make a really vague and arbitrary post that has nothing at all to do with what i asked. i asked about difficulty and then you told me it has music. that's cool maybe try reading posts before you respond to them. like, i already fucking played the game (i wrote that in my post) i know it has music)
>>
>>2849867
I think he's talking about the dark spire.
>pre Bradley
Its what people call wiz 1-5, when Andrew was in charge. 6 and 7 were designed by Bradley, you'll notice the difference.

As for the difficulty, I cant help you since I didn't finish wiz6. I think it isn't too bad if you get kirijutsu (instakill chance) on your damage dealers.
>>
>>2849146
I remember enjoying that game, but didn't play it much. I should set up an emulator on the deck.
>>
File: 54737.png (1.38 MB, 1957x1439)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB PNG
These guys are motherfuckers. Fun game. Beat Strahd and completed the game.
Funny thing is, I remember playing this as a kid and thinking the graphics sucked and it was too confusing and hard. Now, decades later, I think it looks fine and I was never stumped by the mazes (I did have to look up where to head to next twice though).
>>
bump
>>
>>2847096
>>2852705
It does look cool
>>
>>2806125
Eye of the beholder 1 and 2. Top tier game.
>>
>>2854833
EoB 2 is on my list of games to revisit. Another one I never got anywhere in.
>>
>>2854833
>music produced by yuzo koshiro
Looks like I'm playing the Sega CD version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T53N_JS1lc
>>
>>2854876
I did the same a year ago. Played it alot as a kid and never got past the first level. It's really fun, don't download a map mod though. That ruins the whole fuckin game. Map it out with graph paper like it was Designed.
>>
Should I grab demon gaze extra as my first DRPG? Its on sale
>>
File: elminage 3.png (18 KB, 742x183)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
Why don't more DRPGs have a marriage system?
>>
>>2855555
Amazing Quints of truth and good luck
>>
>>2849880
Wasn't wiz 5 a fan game that was so impressive it was refurbished into a proper wizardry game?
>>
>>2849678
Have you levelled out the spells with magic stones? I remember having a hard time, but the game not being impossible. I may have abused restrict shot though.
There's also an Allied Action that makes a mockery out of any strong melee attacker.
>>
>>2855555
>Herminage
Is that supposed to be Elminage or another game completely? Because if it's Elminage, I wished they translated this one as well, because this marriage thing actually sounds intertesting.
>>
Ive been trying to find images that more or less fit the game's artstyle to turn them into portraits for 2 days straight. Send help.
>>
File: 2019-08-20-225112.jpg (273 KB, 960x544)
273 KB
273 KB JPG
>>2855555
>summoned monsters
>>
>>2855768
It's Elminage 3. Unfortunately I don't think it'll ever be ported so you'll have to play it in Japanese in an emulator. It's worth it though because it has even more stuff than Gothic.
>>
File: smug Aqua.jpg (34 KB, 385x370)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>2856638
>play it in Japanese
Do I look like I know Japanese, anon? Kill me.
>>
File: image.png (2.05 MB, 1600x1920)
2.05 MB
2.05 MB PNG
>>2856710
If you've already played Gothic or Original then with just some translator tool assistance you should be able to play through it without that much trouble. In the 3DS version you can even make custom portraits work.
>>
File: 6262436.png (1.62 MB, 1947x1439)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB PNG
And beat Ravenloft 2: Stone Prophet as well. This one is much better as a game. Player and enemies don't get stuck on terrain, graphics are better, puzzles are more logical (including secret door locations). This is actually one of the best D&D games I've played, which is funny because seeing the thirst meter was enough to make me nope out as a kid. But that isn't even a mechanic because the level 1 spell conjure water exists.
It isn't 100% better though. It is missing the horror aspect. Gameplay has a factor here, the game doesn't have loads of enemies that can either two shot you or level drain you like the first does. Music isn't halfway as creepy either....if it even plays. Don't know if that's a Steam issue for this game specifically. I really can't be bothered to get out my DVD ROM, MIDI Device, etc to play my disc version.
>>
>>2856872
Do 3d edition in citra well emuloter run=?
>>
>>2849146
Wizardry 6 is a joke difficulty wise
>>
>>2817791
>experience inc garbage
lmao
>>
>>2828204
Dungeon Maker series on the PSP
>>
>>2857934
It runs fine. If you want to use custom portraits you`ll need to tinker a bit with the camera options.
>>
File: elminage gothic psp.png (871 KB, 1600x720)
871 KB
871 KB PNG
>>2856872
>In the 3DS version you can even make custom portraits work.
Didn't it get a PSP release? Custom portraits work fine with PPSSPP. What im actually struggling with is the antialiasing. I have enough wiggle room with the body since its 272x272 but I have absolutely no clue about how to work with the faces (48x48)
>>
File: tfw stargazers.jpg (70 KB, 640x960)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>2857937
Wait, really? Not that dude but I've seen it called hard. What about wiz7? Also, any suggestions for masochists?
>>
>>2858541
Wizadry 4 is the hardest one because a lot of it is borderline nonsensical but its more of a puzzle game than a real RPG.
Wizardry 7 isn't hard(uses the same systems from Wizardry 6) but its really big. You might not even finish it even if you like it a lot.
Wizardry 1-3 are only hard if you play "properly" but there is absolutely no reason to do that nowadays.
>>
>>2858544
I feel disappointed. Guess I'll play 6-7 in suboptimal ways. How big is wiz7? How many hours can someone spend on it?
>>
>>2858678
I don't know the exact numbers but making your map+doing all quests will push you above 50 hours very easily.
>>
Shining The Holy Ark has a good challenge curve, on top of having that sweet Camelot + Sega Saturn aesthetic. The only problem is that you'll be healing often after battles, and the process of opening menus and waiting for animations can become annoying. But in general it's a rock solid DRPG with some cool ideas I haven't seen implemented anywhere else.
>>
>>2856879
jesus, learn 2 pirate and dosbox, man. it isn't that hard and you won't have to play stretched garbage with bad audio that some tard threw together to make a buck off of your laziness.
>>
>>2858730
I need to finish that game. Which means, at this point, restart it from scratch. I remember liking the music, being pretty challenged by the mazes, and absolutely loving the pre-rendered sprites. I did remember thinking enemies were too spongey though.
Weird quirk: when you get a random encounter, it keeps whatever the framerate you had when you begin it. Since this is a 3d polygon game running on the Saturn, if this happens when you are looking down a hallway, you get the entire fight, 2d animations and all, at a dreadful crawl.
>>
>>2858289
Do I have to be camera real or can I just file trick feed direct to get no reduce quality of image?
>>
>>2858891
You can just use image files as the Camera Image Source, there's an option in the Citra camera tab for it.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (23 KB, 480x360)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
Picrel is literally just a dollar on Steam right now.
>https://store.steampowered.com/app/650670/Grimoire__Heralds_of_the_Winged_Exemplar_V2/
>>
>>2858960
yes but is it good?
>>
>>2858960
It's impossible to understand the appeal of this game without playing Wizardry 7 beforehand.
>>
File: 1669234380613.png (52 KB, 720x113)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
>>2858960
>less than 10 cents
Im sure the dev's gonna appreciate them
>>
How do people even find new Dungeon Crawlers nowadays? The tag on Steam or other platforms includes shit like action roguelikes or Diablo clones etc.
Last new game I played was that Potato game and I only learned about it on here
>>
On a whim, I bought pic related on the Steam sale. Anyone have any experience with it?
>>
>>2859499
Checking literally every drpg thread and sometimes the gay ass rpgcodex forum works for me. There arent that many decent new releases to begin with so its not like you wont hear about them.
>>
>>2859499
I found out about Potato Flowers in Full Bloom from a Nintendo Switch piracy site's new releases.
I don't know about new releases but I just search through dungeon crawler tags on various sites to see if something catches my eye.
I don't really need new games though, the number of dungeon crawlers in my backlog is enough to last a lifetime.
>>
>>2859516
Gotta be honest I'm not oldfag enough to play all the 80s-90s games, I like the Japanese DRPG style more like EO or Dungeon Travelers and while that genre had a decent amount of output in the 2010s for 3DS/Vita, it seems rather dead lately
>>
>>2859533
>I'm not oldfag enough to play all the 80s-90s
Wiz has a SNES version for 1-3, 5 and 6, if you refuse to play it for that reason. Dunno if 5 is translated though.
>>
I'm kinda with OP on this one. I've tried playing Etrian Odyssey quite a few times and while I enjoyed the navigation, the battles were completely retarded. Aside from FOEs, literally everything was a "mash attack to win" situation. But, differently of what OP said, the fact that FOEs exist makes the game more bearable because it's pretty much obvious when you should care about a battle. The problem is that prehistoric shit like Wizardry and Elminage are not so generous with the player and you have to learn which enemies are deadly when you are obliterated by them.
>>
>>2859849
>The problem is that prehistoric shit like Wizardry and Elminage are not so generous with the player
>problem
What problem?
>>
>>2859849
>EO is just mash attack to win
>but wizardry and western DRPGs in general aren't
nigger stop playing on easy or stop being disingenous
>>
>>2859864
>>2859900
By "problem" I meant the fact that EO makes very clear what is a dangerous enemy and what is not. And you may call me faggot all you want, but this problem (a ton of fodder enemies with a difficult one without warning) is something that a lot of people also complain on roguelikes, mainly stuff like TOME, where you just bump on 99% of the enemies to destroy them and when that 1% that you should care about appears you're not even paying attention anymore.

But anyway, that goes beyond the thread subject. Since the OP asked for a correct mindset, I feel that you have to face these kind of games as if they were a kind of resource management stuff, because at the end of the day, this is what they are. If you consider that, as stated, most of the battles "don't care", they still make you use your HP/MP/potions in such a way that you should manage them correctly so you don't end up without resources to escape the dungeon and lose all your characters.
>>
Any DRPGs with weapon durability?
>>
>>2860256
>I meant the fact that EO makes very clear what is a dangerous enemy and what is not
random encounters are way more dangerous than FOEs
>>
>>2806998
I've wanted to but Vita emulation is fucking garbage and will forever be garbage because it's a system nobody cares about and it's likely never coming to PC(pretty sure Valve already said "fuck off" and banned DT2 forever despite not actually having offensive content) and I refuse to learn a dying language so until something happens that enables me to play it conveniently I'm not going to bother.
>>
>>2816258
No. It has a decent story and some good art and mechanics with potential but sadly everything gameplay-related is a mess. The meta of the game literally revolves around making your basic attack as strong as possible. I am not exaggerating when I say at least 95% of your battle commands issued will be "Attack" with no real thought other than occasionally wanting to focus down a certain target first. I have no idea how they dropped the ball this hard.
>>
>>2830985
>Later EOs were also afraid of using pitfalls, which I thought was lame. IIRC some of the games even have the pitfall marker available but no actual pitfalls in the entire game.
Not once have I ever seen pitfalls used well. There should always be a way to reasonably identify them if you're looking hard enough or being cautious. A vast majority of the time they're simply excessively punishing or a complete waste of time for the sake of intentionally spiteful design.

I don't disagree with the concept, I disagree with the way they're always used.
>>
>>2859504
I legit have no idea what this is.
>>
>>2843598
>I think Etrian Odyssey games would be better if a total party wipe would juts put you back in town with the rest of your characters to roll with, and you could find some of the old team's items scattered around.
Nobody would put up with this. Even if you could retrieve your items that sort of time loss would have just about everyone reloading.

It could be done well but it would require some pretty drastic changes to progression overall. I'm not going to put up with being set back 20 hours worth of battles because my team got ambushed at the worst possible moment by the worst possible group of enemies and having all of the best items I've acquired up to that point no longer being reasonable obtainable by the rest of my roster until they grind it out enough to handle the area. For this to work you basically need to forego character-based progression almost entirely but that's a core part of EO due to skill trees, subclasses, retiring, etc.
>>
Just noticed that Wizardry Five Ordeals is on sale right now: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1308700/Wizardry_The_Five_Ordeals/

Considering that this looks like classic Wizardry, with a shit ton of user made scenarios and such, can I buy it without any fear?

>>2828204

I'd love something like this as well. That's why, generally, I play real time blobbers like Grimrock. At the end of the day, combat in these games is kinda retarded, but the fact that it does rely on a lot of puzzles (that are intricate with the mapping design) makes me eager to play them more.
But I also enjoy my turn based ones here and there. Played a lot of Dungeon Travelers 2 on Vita recently, it's a very good game with one of the best post games I've ever seen on a DRPG (maybe comparable only to Elminage Gothic).
>>
>>2860468
>Considering that this looks like classic Wizardry
Its one of the wiz gaiden games, basically the original JP series. Not sure if the devs that worked on elminage were involved.
>>
File: Screenshot (26).png (28 KB, 630x120)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
>>2860468
>Wizardry Five Ordeals
Did they end up including an option for custom scenarios like they promised in the original Steam listing?
>https://web.archive.org/web/20210603031252/https://store.steampowered.com/app/1308700/Wizardry_The_Five_Ordeals/
>>
File: 1668633421220509.png (211 KB, 250x386)
211 KB
211 KB PNG
>>2860453
I wouldn't mind a non-game-over EO where you retrieve corpses with a "summon corpse" mechanic that is prohibitively expensive. Players are encouraged to retrieve corpses because they don't want to be broke, and in mid/endgame it gives something to spend money on - rather than just stockpiling it.
>>
I tried replaying The Dark Spire through an emulator because I didn't want to deal with the small screen size but the sound in desmume is trash. Any quick fix?
>>
>>2860444
I was afraid people were going to say that. Oh well, I might as well turn myself into a brave explorer and show what this game is to others.
>>
>>2860977
Tried No$? I know we're not in the mid 2000s anymore but I'm fairly certain I played The Dark Spire on it back in the day and it worked just fine.
>>
>>2843598
Releveling an entire squad later than the first stratum would be absolute cancer nobody would consider doing
>>
>>2860977
>Any quick fix?
Citra?
>>
How's Wizard's Symphony? It's been a while since i've done some rune reading besides my daily study.
>>
>>2843598
Do something like Mordor: The Depths of Dejenol did that I liked. Have the ability to go collect the corpses of a wiped character or party and bring them back to town or rez/whatever on the spot with a rescue/support character/group.
>>
I tried both jp and us versions and came across an interesting difference. The lights are much more dim in the japanese version of The Dark Spire.
>>2860987
You're right. It worked right away. No grainy sound at all.
>>2861091
Citra works for DS roms as well? I didn't know that. Might try it later.
>>
>>2860977
Desmune is shit and hasn't been updated for half a decade. Use MelonDS.
>>2861291
Citra does not work for DS roms.
>>
Is dark spire good on God, fr fr?
>>
>>2861297
yeah
you need autofire to not break your control on the combat through
>>
>>2843598
Fuck no. It sucked ass with Wizardry (everyone cheated that part anyways) and it would suck ass with the very detailed leveling of EO. However corpse retrieval works well in a game like Dungeon Encounters where stats are equipment based.
>>
File: d-ark-gaiden_8[1].png (18 KB, 640x400)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
are there any good single-character drpgs?
>>
>>2861703
Anvil of Dawn is a classic.
>>
>>2861703
I have fond memories of The Quest. Even if it started a a java phone game. The modern art is serviceable and it gives you plenty of freedom to waste away in the tavern gambling your money on a simple battle card game instead of progressing the main quest.
>>
File: orcs&elves.jpg (67 KB, 256x384)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>2861703
Also the DS version of Orcs and Elves.
>>
>>2861703
King's Field,Ultima Underworld, Doom RPG, Wolfenstein RPG, Orcs and Elves, Horrorsoft games,The Legacy: Realm of Terror
Not good games but Fighting Fantasy and Deep Labyrinth on DS
>>
>ctrl+f "konosuba"
>0 results
it came out yesterday lads and is up in the regular places

https://store-jp.nintendo.com/list/software/70010000050743.html
>>
>>2862125
Japanese only, I assume?
>>
>>2862125
nigga I don't speak japanese
>>
>>2861703
The Keep, on 3DS and PC.
>>
>>2862125
konosuba is dogshit so why would anyone care about it?
>>
>>2862819
>Filename
What? Are you okay anon?
>>
Any worthwhile sales on the current Steam sale?
I picked up Starcrawlers since it was only 2 bucks
>>
>>2861743
I will never not be mad that we didn't get ports of the other games in that engine, I had a lot more fun with those than any game on a smart phone...
>>
>>2862197
why not?
>>
>>2863035
Why do you ask?
>>
File: absolutely livid.jpg (37 KB, 480x260)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>2863040
They actually made a sequel too, but they never ported that one.
>>
>>2863064
I know and it's excellent and the DS port of Orcs & Elves runs so well and is so nice to play compared to J2ME emulators, it's such a shame that the only game that got the port treatment was that one, they should have made a collection of the Doom and Wolf rpgs and bundled the second orcs & elves with the first one...
>>
>>2863036
See >>2858960
Also >>2860468
>>
>>2863024
first game was actually a pretty amusing romp
>why would anyone care about an entry to a genre that is basically dead
i wonder, anon
>>
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1768650/Path_of_the_Abyss/

>not only did we never get the demo that was being advertised but now it's not coming out until dec 2023

drpg br*s.......................................................................................................................
>>
>>2806361
what's the best drpg that doesn't have me mashing attack?
>>
Notice how no one actually disproved >>2806226. Either they claim this is actually okay or mention 20+ year old games, as if that's not the exact problem the anon is complaining about.
>>
>>2864039
>real time battles
Does it add something or it behaves pretty much the same as turn based but now with a timer?
>>
>>2864196
Aeon of Sands is a "modern one". I don't agree with that anon who says Grimrock is so good nobody is interested in making those games anymore. I think Grimrock did a much better job marketing itself though.
Pic related is definitely not perfect and it took some getting used to. The story you experience change a bit based on your actions. For example, recruiting the character that appears in the second slot here makes you miss one location but he's easily the most overpowered character you can recruit and it comes naturally to do so unlike some other characters. Some of his unique skills include dealing damage through armor, CHARMING an enemy and rendering your party invisible.I think he even got a heal (but can't wear armor or carry items. He is almost naked and that means no bags)
Other games I can think about that nobody's mentioned are the 7th Circle games (The 7th Circle - Eternal Nightmare and Inferno - Beyond the 7th Circle). I've only played the first one so I can't talk about the other one.
It's basically a 1st person game. Combat is turn-based but depending on something you or the enemy might take more than one turn in a row. Reading the manual is rather essential. The game itself is a roguelite. Your characters are expected to die while acquiring resources that will empower your next characters. It has a weird story but I couldn't get past a glaring issue it has:Loading screens between EVERYTHING (combat, accessing menus, saving, loading, etc). Maybe it's poorly optimized or assets are just badly compressed. Mayube it's something that isn't so noticeable on a good computer with eveything running on an SSD but alas, I played it on a laptop.
>>
I had forgotten how annoying some enemies can be when you're just starting in elminage gothic
>some 1HP enemies appear, capable of calling for reinforcements
>cant hit for shit so they keep getting reinforcements
>2nd floor
>now its the same but they have even more hp
Fleeing from fucking cockroaches is infuriating.
>>
>>2864675
Dragonutes can help somewhat.... once they've levelled up enough to make their breath attacks AoE. But then they start just doing shit damage because fuck you.
I mean, I get breath is OP if you spam it and the damage remains consistent but come on. There should be a minimum treshold that isn't fucking 1 damage.
>>
>you need to recruit this specific boss monster, then summon it and equip this cursed item to make it transform into another item, otherwise it simply fails to do anything

How were you supposed to know?
>>
>>2864712
By the time they are leveled up enough to turn their breath into aoe these enemies arent a threat anymore though.
>There should be a minimum treshold that isn't fucking 1 damage
There's always the death breath ninja. Might do fuckall damage but it has an aoe behead chance.
>>2864740
>How were you supposed to know?
Does their item description say anything related? Also, how's elminage 3 compared to gothic?
>>
>>2864786
Nothing in the description. And Elminage 3 is just a better gothic, it just has more stuff.
>>
>>2864786
I forget how you even get the death breath ninja, but isn't the beheading chance much less than a normal assassin? I didn't play too much with summons. All I got in my save file is a Red Cap assassin and an Eefret Brawler.
>>
>>2864740
>level 686
>presumably at least level 13 in mage, cleric and alchemist
How do you even grind that much without getting bored in Elminage? I didn't even finish Gothic's post game. Just got bored and distracted with another game. I vaguely remember the dungeon I was in being called tomb of giant heroes or something like that.
>>
We need a PSP crawlers list, without all the games that got a better version on the Vita like the DT games. I've been playing PSP games on my Vita and i'm really comfy, i'm finishing GoW today i want something to play after.
>>
File: 1581196448951.gif (412 KB, 507x762)
412 KB
412 KB GIF
>>2863024
>konosuba is dogshit
filtered
>>
>>2864954
Will I get assraped like in ibags tower or there's nothing like it? Gothic's regular content was fine but the tower was both very fun and frustrating.
>>2864975
If im not mistaken its an unique item that changes whatever breath you have to dark, obtainable at a rather advanced stage of the story. For some reason it applies whatever behead chance your character has, more so if its a ninja. As for its chances, im not sure since I havent tested it, but I believe I've read they were equal.
>>
File: PSP DRPGS.jpg (1.77 MB, 1950x2156)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB JPG
>>2864993
>>
>>2865042
Anything in particular you recommend? Finished DT 2-2 last month so runes are not a problem.
>>
>>2864986
I just macroed in an event battle that had infinite reinforcements. But in Elminage 3 there are some repeatable battles that actually give a lot of EXP (400k per party member) so it's way easier than Gothic.

>>2865011
Haven't beaten the game yet, but in the create a dungeon feature the enemies scale to your party's level and they will rape you if you aren't ready, there's even a backline enemy that explodes and one shots your entire party no matter what you do. Some bosses are more terrifying than anything in Gothic (there's one that can do like 10 attacks per turn, has hp regen, high counter chance, immune to every element).
>>
What does Labyrinth of Galleria change from Labyrinth of Refrain?
>>
>>2865897
The title
>>
https://youtu.be/-pKUYgEIrto?t=28

it seems like there will be a DRPG from experience next year in celebration of their 15th anniversary but also they are going to make a game in a new genre too

which is to say, no demon gaze 3 any time soon bros
>>
>>2865049
i originally made that image and i can at least tell you to NOT play the madoka game, and the best version of lost heroes is the one that came bundled with the second game for the 3ds (but it's still kind of a slog and i gave up because all the references were lost on me)
>>
File: 2347239427.jpg (765 KB, 1200x960)
765 KB
765 KB JPG
>>2866127
the bonus edition that is
>>
File: 32473289.jpg (1.14 MB, 2560x1600)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB JPG
also labyrinth of zangetsu was pretty good of the 10+ hours i played. i've been meaning to come back to this one and finish it but i just haven't had the drive i used to when it came to beating drpgs.
>>
What makes a drpg good?
>>
>>2866139
if its enjoyable
>>
I haven't played a DRPG in 25 years.
Where do I start?¨
I prefer turn-based.
>>
>>2866211
Etrian Odyssey or elminage original if you have already played the old school ones. Or go for grimoire and post a review since barely anyone talks about it.
>>
>>2866211
Strange journey redux
>>
Which if any of the Experience Inc games are worth playing? I like the art style for Undernauts.
>>
>>2866325
They're fine as long as you're not expecting quality
>>
Is Das Geisterschiff any good? I don't see it talked about a lot in these threads.
>>
>>2866362
i beat it and didn't really enjoy it. it has zero character building and minimal combat tactics (mostly checking weights to see if it's worth ramming). it looks fantastic, it really captures the Horrid Cyberpunk feel, but i wanted more game. maybe the later ones have more actual RPG mechanics? i haven't tried.
>>
>>2866362
Yeah I enjoyed my time with the first one. Short and sweet. Still need to play the other two, which seem like they iterate nicely on the core concept.
>>
>>2866139
Interesting character builds and party compositions, preferrably in such a way that you can experiment with other builds as you progress through the game. dungeons that are fun to explore and space out surprises/puzzles/variations on the exploration mechanics so you don't get bored. combat that isn't just "focus down the most dangerous enemy" or "spam AOEs to end the fight as quickly as possible". ideally it doesn't look like complete shit, but you kind of take what you can get nowadays.
>>
>>2865107
E3 sounds interesting enough, in that case. I'll give it a shot eventually, though my moonrunes game is pretty bad.
>>
>>2864446
>I can't talk about the other one.
Less roguelite, more normal dungeon crawlery. Pretty much what you want to see in a second game, more of the same but better.
>>
>>2861737
The original version of the quest was pocket pc/palmos

>>2863040
>>2863064
>>2863066
Java versions of orcs, orcs 2, doomrpg and 2, wolfrpg are down ports of high end brew versions. Which sometimes looks almost as good or better than ds orcs 1 sometimes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRWeaIxgEeY
While brew games can be played on brew phones, I don't think they have emulators. Doom and wolf have ds style remakes on ios, but those only work on iphone 4
>>
>>2867401
>high end brew
The what now?
>>
>>2867409
>High end brew for brew phones
Original
>Low end brew for brew phones
Down port for lower spec devices
>J2me
Down port of high end brew for lower than low end brew devices
>Ds orcs and elves
Enhanced port of high end brew (Both versions have ups and downs)
>Ios doom rpg and wolf rpg
Remake of high end brew with comic styled art.
>>
>>2867415
I was asking what's
>high end brew
>>
>>2867419
Just like today, cell phones back then had different specs. Phones using brew were either high end or low end. Games made for brew phones had the high end version developed first, then downgraded for the lower end brew phones and j2me devices.
>>
Combining spinners and dark zones together should be a crime.
>>
>>2868643
What about dark zones + explosive walls which take about half of your casters HP per bump?
>>
>>2868771
I think wizardry empires has dark zones + explosive walls + antimagic zones + spinners all together, the epitome of evil.
>>
People have been shilling 7thdragon 2020, is it that good?
>>
>>2869069
no
>>
>>2868966
>dark zones + explosive walls + antimagic zones + spinners all together
But why?
>>
>>2869402
>he doesn't know wizardry
just be glad its not THE CUBE
>>
>>2869402
To filter zoomers like you.
>>
File: 1662151485301.webm (2.65 MB, 1600x1920)
2.65 MB
2.65 MB WEBM
>You have a 5.65% chance to have a 4.5% chance of contracting with a boss every time your brawler attacks.
>Boss counters the physical attacks that you need to do, so if you don't have a specific long range weapon in your brawler he'll die or get statused by the counters before even getting the 4th hit in
>Need to reset your game every try because the boss is untankable after turn 1 if your entire team isn't in the hundreds level wise

This is probably the worst boss in an Elminage game to try recruiting.
>>
>>2869069
Shilling? Nobody is paying for it
>>
File: 1426724320513.jpg (346 KB, 1360x768)
346 KB
346 KB JPG
>>2869790
like a beautiful painting.
>>
>>2869790
>trying to recruit shit with big contract resist
I don't have the willpower to do that. I recall I just shelved my summoner when I got to ibag's because of it. Might try again during this run but the thought of making a brawler for that purpose is off putting.
>>
>>2869891
Should have just recruited Gaia, the area boss in last endgame dungeon. He can permanently be paralyzed and is the best summon in the game.
>>
>>2869069
The first 7th Dragon on the DS really oozes Etrian Odyssey vibes, same director and all, but it's a top-down RPG rather than a wizardrylike. The 2020 games are fine, maybe not spectacular, and go towards their own vibe separate from EO, but I liked them. But they aren't DRPGs either.
Just to note, all 3 got fantranslated by the same guy, DS translation is kind of jank because he couldn't expand amount of character onscreen, PSP games allow for more letters so translations flow much better.
>>
>>2865107
What do you mean by macroing?
>>2869790
Having played Elminage Original on PC I just edited out their summon resistance
>>
>>2862125
i'm playing
>>
video games
>>
File: 1670025627452.jpg (102 KB, 467x700)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>2871533
>furry
>>
>>2871536
we takes what we can gets
>>
>>2870008
>Should have just recruited Gaia
>99% resist
N-no thanks. My autism prevents me from doing that anyway, the pokedex only adds its entry if you defeat it and contracts do not count, if im not mistaken.
>>
>Enterook Mista
>Attacks all enemies with a non-elemental bomb. Strength slightly boosted by fire, ice and lightning attack attributes.
>slightly
Does Mark of ruin have a higher multiplier for this spell than Spirit contract or its the same?
>>
>>2871540
It sucks that this is the truth of dungeon crawlers in the current year. Wouldn't touch some shit in a million years in any other genre, it appears in a new dungeon crawler? Not like I have any real options.
>>
it's kino
also there's job switching unlike the first game
that means you can no longer get carried by mitsurugi and have to be burdened by the dead weight of darkness doing 0 damage and megumin being a single shot walking corpse
>>
>>2806226
>plays retarded western games
>complains it's shit
>refuses to try anything else
have fun.
>>
Is there anyway to make might and magic 1 playable?
>>
>>2872126
dosbox tuned to very low specs
>>
File: 1650209542505.png (1.75 MB, 1600x1920)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB PNG
>>2871879
Unfortunately you can only switch Kazuma's job. Game becomes a bit grindy later on since you gotta level up Kazuma.
Also use Kris as your 5th member, she's a monster once you get her passives and triple attack, and her "bind" skill lets Darkness actually hit stuff.

>>2871406
I used a program to record my actions and play them over and over.
>>
>>2871548
He's actually super easy to recruit because you can paralyze him and he will never act anymore, so even with a lvl 1 brawler you can just keep attacking him till you get lucky on contract. The REAL chad move is to recruit Becky with a lvl 1 team, now that's the most insane thing you can do in Gothic (luckily it didn't even take me very long).

Also 3DS version lets you refight the bosses so for your replay you can just play that version instead and not have to worry about your autism.
>>
is the new bard's tale ok?
>>
>>2871533
I've had it in my switch for over a year, how is it compared to dungeon travelers? Gives me the same vibes.
>>
>>2865042
It saddens me how many of these are still unstranslated
>>
File: yap tree B1.png (1.08 MB, 1600x720)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
>finally arrive to the yap tree dungeon
>go down a floor
>frontline gets fucking nuked by poison breath niggers
>brawler type monsters hit so hard my dudes barely survive at 10% if they don't get focused
>slow as shit to learn classes means I don't even have res spells yet
This is great, I missed the thrill.
>>
>>2874799
>going straight to the basement in yap tree gotz
It's like you like getting wiped out. Just go up. You're more likely to survive the red caps.
>>
File: flagellant.png (311 KB, 527x351)
311 KB
311 KB PNG
>>2875326
>It's like you like getting wiped out
Maybe. Im done with the upper floor, it wasn't that bad now that my mage has spirit contract, so I had an abundance of spells to kill them.
>>
>>2875489
I kind of remember leaving the basement for later and just going to another dungeon first. Maybe Dezaporia? The one that needed a key. Be sure to alchemy yourself an air bubble first.
>>
>Notice that Vita3k is getting better and Dungeon Travelers 2 is playable on it now
> Audio is almost perfect, walking in dungeons is smooth, but as soon as I enter menus everything drops to 7 FPS
Fuck. Can anyone point me to some sources to try to fiddle with the settings of Vita3K? It looks like it's mostly turning modules off and on for now because most other options are just old and deprecated.
>>
File: teri-ded.jpg (39 KB, 640x490)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>2877698
Update: I tried to just bite the bullet and deal with it, but the game now crashes randomly after about an hour of gameplay in dungeons/after dialogues. Did anyone else here manage to make it work?
>>
427 replies so far to an OP that needs to be ask about a ‘mindset’ for certain games. That’s his problem.
>>
>>2878020
lmao, you must be new here
OPs and subjects are just there to start a thread
Posting "I think DRPGs suck!" gets you the same result
>>
>>2877991
I tried playing it and for the most part it worked decently well aside from some graphical glitches/artifacts (looked like other menus flashing across the screen when I did certain things in the menu)
I only rarely got crashes/slowdowns while using healing spells from the menu, so I started saving before doing that which was a bit too tedious, so I'm back to waiting for vita3k updates
I don't think I fiddled with any settings so it might just be a specs issue?
>>
>>2878755
Yeah, the graphical glitches and healing slowdowns are the same for me: as the crashes don't always happen in the same places (yesterday I played for another hour or so without them) I suspect it's just a spec issue, I have a decent gaming laptop because I move around a lot but it's more than 3 years old now.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.