[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 75nm7p0286y51.jpg (156 KB, 1200x800)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
Is there an rpg with more bullshit than Underrail?
>>
>>2778260
OP we can't really read your mind so you need to define "bullshit" a bit better.
>>
>>2778260
Age of Decadence
>>
>>2778366
If you played it you'd know.
>>
I wanted to play a sledge build but i could barely walk 2 steps it was horrible
>>
>>2778513
I completed it multiple times and I don't know it. Try using at least one of your last two remaining brain cells.
>>
>>2778683
You've beaten Underrail and somehow never went through Depot A? That seems unlikely.
>>
>>2778513
The only bullshit it has is on the highest difficulty, which is explicitly described as unfair.
>>
>>2778686
Even on normal mode Depot A is brutal if your character isn't optimized.
>>
>game is hard
>pump chemistry to 69 before depot a
kinda like nothing in depot a can survive mk4 who would have thought.
>>
>>2778260
LISA
>>
anyone have the cheat engine link?
daddy needs some materials and he doesn't have the patience
>>
>>2778260
oh anon, depot A is fun and I've never experienced such filter in videogame
>>
>>2778719
What level were you?
>>
>You MUST follow autismal build guides otherwise you cant play the game
Was there a worse game design decision in recent years?
>>
>>2778798
get gud, scrub
>>
>>2778800
>You put 1 to many points into Charisma instead of Perception? Enjoy never being able to finish the game
>Btw you also must pick THIS skill at exactly THIS level otherwise you are fucked
If "gitting gud" means having to autistically calculate and plan out my builds before i even play the game for the first time or having to look up guides i think ill pass
>>
>>2778776
level 9 or 10 with 6/7 int
>>
>>2778818
I don't know what game are you talking about, but that doesn't really coincide with my Underrail experience.
On Normal difficulty, as long as you put a modicum of effort into being mediocre at combat, you'll have no problem progressing through the game. No guides required, just use your brain and take it easy.
>>
File: death punch.jpg (398 KB, 1920x1080)
398 KB
398 KB JPG
>>2778818
Get.
Gud.
>>
>>2778513
The only bullshit I run into is in the earlygame if I go in the wrong direction.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (3.08 MB, 1920x1080)
3.08 MB
3.08 MB PNG
>>2778818
get gud
>>
can you stop posting these jewish memes
your mind is controlled
>>
anyone know what feats interact with the exoskele suit drill? i want to make a build based for it but unsure. thinking swords i guess?
>>
>>2778818
um, there's no charisma stat in underrail ackshually
>>
>>2778798
What the hell is up with guys like him?! They're given all feats on the plate, given a filter option to track what stats influence what feats, said system can even be used to show all weapon-type related feats.

They're given ALL the instruments to not fuck up and they still bitch and moan.
>>
>>2779080
Will, I would say.
but he's also a retard for not dumping will if he's a Perception character so he deserves to suffer hypothetically
>>
>>2779086
>They're given all feats on the plate, given a filter option to track what stats influence what feats, said system can even be used to show all weapon-type related feats.

Some feats are better than others, and some stats and skills are important early-game while others are not important until late game.
>>
File: 1566932679281.png (12 KB, 500x500)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>2778513
>run into obstacle
>try same tactic
>still doesn't win
>"What the fuck this game is bullshit!"
>>
>>2779300
More like:
>Run into an obstacle
>Turns out you built your character wrong
>Restart the game but use a guide this time in order to make an effective character
>>
>>2779375
You don't need a guide for Normal difficulty. Also, use Molotovs and Bear Traps. They're like a cheat code for dealing with whatever your build isn't good at dealing with
>>
>>2779377
>You don't need a guide for Normal difficulty.
I put all my points in non-combat skills like stealth, hacking and lockpicking, then I got to Depot A where there are tons of tough enemies you can't sneak past and I was forced to create a new character. It's bad game design imo. Why give you non-violent options some of the time but not all of the time?
>>
>>2779378
It's a dungeon crawler. You're expected to fight, but stealth is pretty powerful and makes it even easier to abuse traps.
>>
>>2779380
>It's a dungeon crawler. You're expected to fight.
You can easily get through the first two or three hours of the game without killing a single enemy. It's pretty odd that they decided to wait until Depot A to introduce mandatory combat encounters.
>>
>>2778494
Just play a pure persuasion character with 7 con, you can skip all the bullshit and become a god in less than two hours.
>>
>>2779392
Based mandatory combat filtering pussy builds
>>
>>2779505
My first successful build was just me beating everything to death with a sledgehammer lol. About as simple as you could get.
>>
>>2778711
more like only brutal if you don't know where to go. haven't bothered fighting depot mutants in ages.
>>
>>2779539
I don't even get why a faggot would design a build around avoiding combat.
>hmm let's read up on this game, wonder what wikipedia says
>"underrail is a computer game with a HEAVY focus on COMBAT and EXPLORATION"
>Yeah I think i'll avoid combat completely
the absolute IQ of the guy posting that
>>
>>2779553
I though Underrail was an rpg like Fallout 1 and 2 where there were multiple ways to play the game.
>>
>>2779553
Who goes to Wikipedia to learn about a new videogame?
>>
>>2779594
It's also the first sentence on the games steam page.
Oh and the official site
>>
>>2779589
There are many ways to play the game, all of which involve combat, for better or for worse
>>
>>2779596
Fallout was an old school turn-based isometric indie role playing game that focuses on exploration and combat too but you could still avoid encounters, except the final boss of Fallout 2.
>>
>>2779599
You can avoid encounters in underrail as well. Some guy was posting about how he doesn't even fight anything in depot A, I think in this very thread
>>
>>2779601
>Some guy was posting about how he doesn't even fight anything in depot A

How do you do that? There are mutants and dogs everywhere.
>>
>>2779599
That's pretty much true for Underrail too, but it ain't easy to avoid all combat and you need to be good at it for the last boss.
>>
>>2779603
Knowing the map helps, you can avoid most of Depot A as long as you know where to get the keys to unlock your way to the circuit board. Obviously you need a good stealth score.
>>
>>2778824
i really wonder why people even bother with other playstyle when fists exist
i mean, they never break, you never have to upgrade them, and eventually everything dies
>>
>>2779589
You can't completely avoid combat in Fallout 1 and 2 either unless you savescum to avoid random encounters
>>
>>2779539
Liar I tried the same thing and got filtered by depot a because my guy could barely move to hit anyone, and if i waited by the corners theyd gang up on me it was horrible and gay and this game sucks
>>
post your weapon rankings.

S:
>Fist
You are a debuffing, post-apocalyptic murder machine and the epitome of human potential.
>Assault Rifle
You have sacrificed your potential to wield the most convenient and versatile tools known to man. Only trouble is when your weapon breaks unlike your body and you run out of ammo. Congratulations, you played yourself.

A:
>Sniper Rifle
You can annihilate anyone with a single shot. Just you need luck for a proper spree.
>Sword
Again, convenient tools in sacrifice of true power. One miss is all it takes to end your life.
>Shotgun
While definitely more fun than ARs, they just can't hack it from a far range. Better than the other two on this list though.

B:
>Pistols
This goes for essentially all of them. There's really no difference beyond damage type. You have handcanons like the .44 and plasma and spamshots like the laser and every other caliber. You can rapid shot a .44 though and instant death with plasma aimed shot. Trouble is they all have the same lacking range, which you need for a ranged weapon. Shotguns can hit more, damage and attack wise, with the same range.
>Sledgehammer
Same problem with the sniper rifle. Except it's close range and lacks a murderspree ability so it's way worse.
>Spear
A more versatile sledgehammer. Doesn't deal as much damage but you'll get more out of it. Trouble is its killings abilities not measuring up to fist nor sword.
>Knife
I don't even know why this exists as a weapon class anymore. Sword makes for greater DPS, sledges can actually kill at least two people a turn, and spears can do more than just attack. Probably the shittiest melee weapon, if you don't count the crowbar like I don't.

C:
>SMGs
Just like in real life, Assault Rifles make this entire type of firearm obselete. I guess you can take advantage of the lower caliber special rounds, what little they'll add to your damage.
>>
Any DnD ever since Underrail's just about RNG management anyway
>>2778711
>Even on normal mode Depot A is brutal if your character isn't optimized.
Any character with 20-40 throwing can casually steamroll Depot A even on hard, lmao, optimized my ass
>>2779603
Just use stealth retardo
>>
File: Gunter.png (1.86 MB, 2560x1440)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB PNG
Do you let him live or waste away in his cave

wish there was a way to talk to him.
>>
>>2779856
I modded every npc to be lewd lolis.
>>
>>2779856
Can you call his existence in a cave living? Give him peace.
>>
>>2779730
I disagree that pistols have lacking range while AR doesn't. You have to really fucking try to get anything at the edge of your vision since most NPCs are behind a door, and AR accuracy drops off a cliff with bursts before even including max range.
S
>TM: compliments and strengthens every build it's on, no reason not to take it unless you don't want to dab on the game even harder than you already can with most builds
>grenades/throwing/taser: covers AoE and CC for all builds, lets you smooth the bumps in your build progression so you can more easily get to the power spikes
>assault rifle: burst at thing, thing dies
>shotgun: thinking man's AR, less intensive repair and ammo economy but requires positioning
A
>firearm pistols: Bullet Time and damage buffs changed everything, they are incredibly good and you get even more OP at melee range, abuses Rapid Fire very well; requires some effort on your part
>MT: great AoE damage that only gets better when you are full psi, and even good single target with crits
>SMGs: AR but with lower AP cost bursts which makes you more versatile; has some of the best gun uniques also, but you will have to repair more often
B
>TC: loadsa CC, and amazing damage if you're a Psychosis psion, but LoC cooldown makes it lack in AoE and you're fighting crowds 90% of the time
>sniper rifles: one shot everything, but at a high AP cost; Shooting Spree with spec slightly alleviates this however, you are also vulnerable at close range
>knives: slightly harsh early game but start dominating with crits by mid game, and become a map wide running monster that one shots every common NPC with one crit by late game; due to being melee it's harder than any gun or psi build by default though
>swords: worse knife since one miss can fuck you over, however still one of the stronger melee weapons due to synergy with Fancy Footwork, like knives
>>
>>2779730
>>2780381
C
>bear traps: cheese everything except bots and coil spiders, requires a lot of weight and time wasting and stealth though
>epistols: ok AoE, possibly the best single target in the game, but you're pretty much limited to only putting stats into Dex, Per, and Int, which makes its builds lack in mobility and variety
>unarmed: incredibly shit start and you will hate yourself when facing robots, midgame will have you wanting to slit your wrists instead of shooting yourself, late game when your damage scaling from Str kicks in you are comparable to knives but your crits are laughable; you can still run from everything with FF I guess
>PK: worse TC in regards to CC, worse MT in regards to AoE; EK is good but has high AP cost and low range, other spells are fucked over by mechanical resistance
>crossbows: good damage type coverage, however you pay for that with low overall damage potential; has synergy with bear traps but who wants to waste time setting up a killzone unless absolutely necessary
>sledgehammers: you have no FF synergy so you're stuck with tankier builds, you do decent single target but have high AP cost and lack in AoE
D
>spears: damage is comparable to hammers but your stats are all over the place due to weird feat reqs which means maxing Str is harder, you're immune to melee though
>leather/metal gloves: counterfeit knives, pneumatic hammer can't make up for your higher AP cost and lower crit potential
>mines: high weight, more annoying to set up than bear traps, a single enemy can set all of them off unless you space them out which defeats the point of stacking their AoE
F
>throwing knives: don't need to explain this
Haven't played
>chempistols
>>
>>2778260
>t. filtered
>>
>>2780383
>throwing knives in F
>hasn't played chem pistols
post utterly disregarded
absolute fucking zoner
even the captcha called you DSP
>>
>>2780381
>>2780383
your ratings are somehow shitter than your formatting
>>
>>2779730
that's pretty bad list and especially reasoning tbfammalamma. you must git gud and then try again.
>>2780381
this is maybe slightly better but not by much...
>>
>>2780472
Maybe learn to judge your own grammar before you go judging deductions, anon.
>>
>>2778818
People have beaten the game with the crowbar on DOMINATING, you have no excuse.
>>
>>2780531
my hats off to that guy
>>
>>2780499
thank you for your concession. have fun with the game!
>>
>>2780447
Okay fistcuck
>>2780472
>this is maybe slightly better but not by much...
Let's see your ratings then, big man.
>>
>>2780814
>Okay fistcuck
Cope and seethe, repair kit whore.
>>
File: 1651066660509.png (28 KB, 324x182)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
>>2780383
>Energy pistols lower than firearm pistols
>Lacking in variety when you core stat spread is fucking DEX/INT
>>
File: Me, photograph.jpg (65 KB, 1280x720)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>2778260
Just play on easy like I do.
>>
>>2780993
But what if i get past depot a and then the game becomes Too easy!?
>>
>>2780830
Careful anon, any more bragging about ignoring a mechanic every other build has to deal with and Styg will bring down the nerf hammer on your ass because he heard you were having too easy of a time.
>>2780935
>>Energy pistols lower than firearm pistols
With no Bullet Time or Gunslinger and laser pistol base damage being complete garbage on par with a 5mm Hawker, of course firearm pistols come out on top. Also, energy pistols have no innate evasion reduction.
>>Lacking in variety when you core stat spread is fucking DEX/INT
Skill points are the most superficial part of a build, it's stats that allow you to change your approach. All you need is a weapon skill, armor and weapon crafting, and mercantile; everything else is just a bonus to make the tedium more bearable. Without Agi and/or Con you can't tank or kite or get crit chance over 60%. Without Per you can't hit anything nor get much needed damage and feats.
>>
>>2781009
I fear not. My fists are invincible.
>>
File: Sleek and Tears.jpg (81 KB, 1068x601)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>2780997
Then continue to play and enjoy it.
>>
>>2779392
Depot A doesn't have mandatory combat at all. If you get about 40-50 stealth with some decent agility, black cloth armor and maybe ninja tabi from Blaine, you can quite comfortably sneak through it. The dogs in the mutie part have high detection, but you can toss some cave ear poison caltrops and throw a grenade on it to make a noise so they step on the spikes and ruin their perception, letting you sneak past easier. You only really need to sneak past one or two dogs to get to the console that lets you unlock the underground passage and disable turrets. Cameras in the underground section see you through stealth, but you can use vents or just run away and sneak past the robots before they get to your location. Or just shoot the cameras out if you aren't autistic enough to think that's actual combat.
Basically get good.
>>
>>2779706
>barely moving
Use armor sloping + nimble to reduce penalty, use sprint and boot springs to add movement points that counter the penalty. Adrenaline rush, time meth and jumping bean all give extra MP. You're supposed to use lighter armor until you have all of those.
>ganging up
Throw a grenade retard
>>
>>2781009
>energy pistols have no innate evasion reduction.
Do they not have built in armor penetration?
>>
>>2778260
You suck at this game.
>>
thick skull kind of sucks, huh?
>>
>>2782408
Most enemies aside from nagas don't resist energy damage enough to be noticeable if at all, but you're still fucked against evasive enemies and need ambush or CC to be able to hit them.
>>
>>2778260
Dude this game is so fucking easy on dominating if you play classic. By the time you do junkyard>rail crossing>core you're fucking overleveled and killing anything. The junkyard is the single difficulty spike you will meet for an extremely long time until the endgame/dlc and even so the door glitch can cheese it if you really suck enough to need it
>>
>>2783045
It does, if you're tanky enough to shrug off a daze you're tanky enough to let a turn of stun go by and get immunity for a few turns afterwards. If it made you immune to both stun and daze it might be worth picking up, but you can always just craft a pill that does its job better and without requiring 10 constitution.
>>
Who else abuses morphine shot frontloading for encounters? Is fucking overkill for things like bullet time, plus you don't need to be subjected to any of the downsides if your stealth is high enough to hide or you have a stun grenade
>>
>>2778260
Yes but I don't think there has ever been an rpg with a worse community than Underrail. I'm not going to read through this thread, but I expect they will be making comments that prove me right.
>>
>>2781009
>With no Bullet Time or Gunslinger
Gunslinger is completely worthless, Bullet Time is a recent feat made specifically to salvage firearms, so if anything you're only showing how Firearms are inherently mediocre.
>laser pistol base damage being complete garbage
Outside of being untrue it literally doesn't matter since you're supposed to fish for crits and have plenty of ways to do so, a single electric shot is enough to destroy an entire group of enemies, especially when things like Thermodynamic Destabilization and ambush are added to the mix.
Even with the massive nerfs to critical power energy pistols still rack absurd damage, and are the only weapon out there that can also bypass critical immunity.
Considering energy pistols also don't have to worry about resistances or dragging literal kilos of ammo to function, unlike Firearm pistols, it's clear who comes out on top, hell energy pistols don't even need repair kits unlike mechanical pistols.
>All you need is a weapon skill, armor and weapon crafting, and mercantile
Which energy pistols are all far better than firearm pistols will ever be since INT is your core crafting stat and your core energy pistol stat.
And why the fuck would you ever want to tank when the entire point of energy pistols is to abuse stealth and kill anybody before they can even reach you? You're not cucked with band-aid shit like Bullet Time and Gun Fu like Firearm pistols are, energy pistols are also much more feat light than firearm pistols so you can easily do something like a 10INT+10PER+10WIL build, you clearly have zero experience with energy guns.
>>
>>2784199
>bypass critical immunity
nani
>>
>>2784201
>he doesn't know
kek
>>
>>2784191
I just see a lot of shitposting in underrail threads.
I'm new to the community though so maybe I missed something.
it's no worse than where I've come from in the past, nothing really could be (Dark Souls community)
>>
File: 1641681920041.png (33 KB, 1024x245)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>>2784201
Protip: Critical immunity is a passive that shuts down crit chances on whoever has that, but that doesn't stop you from leaving some bait, using it as your main target for your electro gun and still deal massive damage through ricochet.
It's how I deal with Magnar's Ghost when using energy guns, leave one woman alive, draw Magnar's ghost near her, debuff her, freeze her and then shoot her with an electric aimed shot for massive fucking damage so the ghost gets hit by the second shot and eats shit.
Can't do this with any other weapon since only electric guns can ricochet their shots.

Which is another reason why Laser Wizards are best wizards really.
>>
File: 20220402113649_1.jpg (648 KB, 1920x1080)
648 KB
648 KB JPG
>>2784207
>Laser Wizards are best wizards
I'm afraid you're under some strange delusion, anon.
>>
>>2784212
You hammercucks truly never learn do you
>>
>>2784215
>hammercucks
you have 1 per
>>
>tstart dominating playthrough without removing Coral from the game files
I'm the biggest madlad itt
>>
>>2778798
My only real complaint with getting new people into Underrail is if you want to have a fun character build you really do need to know what the stats do, something which you will not know on your first playthrough, and if you fuck up your stat distribution it will mean a much weaker character.
>>
>>2784199
>Gunslinger is completely worthless
Absolute retard. It's like getting 5 dexterity on your handguns off of one single feat. You call 5 stat points worthless?
>Bullet Time is a recent feat made specifically to salvage firearms
So? Just because it's recent doesn't make it any less good.
>Outside of being untrue it literally doesn't matter since you're supposed to fish for crits
You'd have to get SI which is 6 points into con and use seeker goggles to get any halfway decent crit chance with laser pistols, and you're still stuck with a gimped Hawker with too high AP cost for its base damage which is only salvaged by how much you specialized into crits. And any weapon is good if you minmax crits. Ambush is not always naturally available and therefore an unreliable source of crit chance unless you spend AP to throw a molotov.
>Even with the massive nerfs to critical power energy pistols still rack absurd damage
No one cares about how much you can overkill Invictus and Tchort with the easiest weapon to hit 5 digit crits with. For most of the game you're fighting huge crowds, not a lone boss.
>Considering energy pistols also don't have to worry about resistances or dragging literal kilos of ammo to function
W2C is relatively easy to get and bullets don't weigh as much as your dumbass is claiming, definitely not enough to limit Al Fabeting, even with 3 strength.
>energy pistols don't even need repair kits unlike mechanical pistols
Instead they require electronic repair kits which are much harder to accumulate. You'll get hundreds of mech repair kits off loot recycling, you get a couple dozen of electronic ones with both loot and crafting spare components, and still then you have to buy more.
>>
>>2784199
>>2785392
>Which energy pistols are all far better than firearm pistols will ever be
Oh come on. I just said merely 4 skills are necessary only one of which is maxed and another doesn't even reach 80 base in the average build. Having more skill points doesn't fucking matter unless you want 5 extra charons from lockpicking a 60Q component in Deep Caverns while also being able to place tier 3 plasma mines. You can easily access all major content with 0 points into subterfuge or social besides mercantile which is for better components.
>since INT is your core energy pistol stat
No argument here, I'm only saying that intelligence is incredibly overrated aside from epistol damage since skill points are already plentiful.
>why the fuck would you ever want to tank when the entire point of energy pistols is to abuse stealth and kill anybody before they can even reach you
Ah yes, there is only one way to play Underrail and it's to hide like a pussy bitch because I don't want to deviate from 18 dexterity. You know Dominating isn't that hard right? As long as you're knowledgable you can do nearly anything. Some retard beat Tchort with a crowbar.
>You're not cucked with band-aid shit like Bullet Time and Gun Fu like Firearm pistols are
I'm not even going to grace the point of "band-aid shit" when your description of an epistol build is entirely built around crits and stealth. Gun-Fu isn't even that good.
>energy pistols are also much more feat light than firearm pistols
They're about the same if you ignore special attacks, but then, energy pistols are worse than sledgehammers against groups without maxing special attack bonus damage on electroshock. Insignificant crafting feats are also much more tempting on a high int epistol build than a firearm pistol one since there you don't really have to take more than 4 or 5 int.
>you clearly have zero experience with energy guns
Anon, you clearly have zero experience with Underrail beyond 3 constitution TM builds.
>>
>>2785396
cool story, bro
>>
File: based.png (25 KB, 562x160)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
>>2785821

shut the fuck up zoner

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.