[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

This piece of trash got another update that will definitely salvage the game for real this time and I'm trying it again for the first time since week 1. Somehow they've introduced more sound/visual bugs while major visual issues like ghosting are still present. The setting and sound design are keeping me interested for now, but as I explore the open world that interest is quickly fading.
I've heard there are "essential" mods but that's incredibly subjective if TES modding threads are any indication, and with the release of official mod tools I'm not sure where to start since it seems nobody in /vg/ cares to update the pastebin with currently maintained mods.
What mods would you consider to be essential for this game?

Is Cyberpunk 2077 not considered an RPG? I'm surprised there are zero threads in the archive about it.
>>
It is a roleplaying game albeit a poor one at that. I'm waiting until the actual big updates drop, expansion, cop behaviour rework etc. Plus with the new mod tools I expect that the game will get 1 or 2 juicy mods to enjoy.
>>
>>2774075
>I'm waiting until the actual big updates drop
That was my plan, but I recently upgraded my CPU so I thought about giving 2077 another go to see if it truly is unoptimized or if it was just my min-spec rig.
Beyond QOL and updates about the few things everyone made fun of like the NCPD rework I doubt they'll improve much. I still can't believe the lifepaths boil down to insignificant dialogue options.
>>
It's a good game. It's not the 12/10 life replacement fantasy that redditors imagined it would be, but it's pretty fun, solid 8/10 provided you're not still having an autistic meltdown over a three year old game.
>>
>>2774065
If you're waiting for a patch that will turn the game full 180 and turn it into something else, that's never coming. Just like with NMS. They are fixing what is there.
>>
Mods will get better now with the new tools, but the ones that actually made the worth playing are even more incompatible than ever. the full gameplay overhaul mod was in progress for 1.5 for like 6 months, and it still isn't out, and now it'll be even longer.
>>
I really liked Cyberpunk 2020 when I was a teen, yet I've got zero interest in trying this game for some reason. It just doesn't feel related at all.
>>
>>2774141
this desu. it's only a piece of shit if you were riding the decade long hype train and expecting 5000 youtube videos about how cyberpunk proved that video games are art.
>>
Imo vehicular combat and a police rework will add nothing interesting in the game. Cops are basically non-existent in the game because barely any quest involves getting a warrant and all quests involving car chases gave V riding shotgun so they're not going to change those or add more.
>>
>>2774065
>>2774075
>>2774085
>>2774141
It's not. Your shit game failed.
>>
>>2774143
>full 180
Definitely not expecting that, I'm not quite that delusional. I mostly want more flavor for the different life paths and more optimizations. I have confidence that they'll deliver on at least one of those fronts.
>>2774165
I've heard similar sentiment from my friends that played P&P and were interested before the story reveals. While it's not at all close to what I was hoping for when it was announced, I still find it interesting because I'm a sucker and the plot is relevant to my interests in the setting.
>>
>>2774065
I've been playing Saints Row 2, and its literally the same shit, Caliburn is identical to Attrazione and you just drive around crashing it all over the place and I keep thinking, wow these games are so similar but Saints Row 2 is sooo much fucking stronger than Cyberpunk
>>
>>2774143
NMS did do a 180 though. It is practically a different game. The only problem with it from my perspective is the complete lack of challenge in survival/permadeath mode once you get off the first planet
>>
>>2774065
Don't play this game until the expansion drops. Devs said that they still have the police system, vehicle combat, melee system to rework, because it all sucks. Im jealous of people who will play this game for the first time after the expansion.
>>
File: DO2wvWA.png (2.86 MB, 1920x1080)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB PNG
>>2775310
Also let me post some of my screenshots.
>>
File: RTQQsMO.png (2.89 MB, 1920x1080)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB PNG
>>2775312
>>
>>2775310
i'll be waiting a lot longer than that, gotta wait till the "final" edition. that's the only way to play cdpr games, learned that with W1.
>>
File: R81HESs.png (2.84 MB, 1920x1080)
2.84 MB
2.84 MB PNG
>>2775314
>>
File: cfvSgA2.png (2.36 MB, 1920x1080)
2.36 MB
2.36 MB PNG
>>2775316
>>
>>2775315
That's only way to play anything. Never preorder, buy games that are complete with final patch and all dlc's released.
>>
I've been having a blast with it lately.
Stay sour fags.
>>
File: lol.jpg (371 KB, 2048x1152)
371 KB
371 KB JPG
You CDPR fags just got off from work? Is your overtime shilling being paid?

Your game is shittier than a Ubisoft shovelware and your kikexecutives treat you like niggers on a plantation LMAO.
Shit action-adventure "game". Not RPG.
>>
>>2776862
It has leveling up so yes it is a rpg.
Go seethe about it american.
Poland game developers completely mog you and you have no arguments so you're trying to get the thread removed by saying its not a rpg.
YOU LOST!!!!
>>
>>2774065
This shit finally killed cdpr meme and that's a good thing. I fucking hate this company and garbage they made.
t. polack
>>
>>2774065
Even if this game was everything they promised and not broken it would still be a 5/10 at best due to being fucking boring and done to death.
>>
>>2776886
>"removed"
Let it rot in the sun for all to see. Not even /v/tards like Cyberjunk.
>>
are there still plans for an online multiplayer update?
>>
>>2776886
t. american teenager
>>
Did they take the disgusting tranny shit out?
>>
>>2774065
I will play this just to avenge my girl Becca. Sasuga corpos your keikaku is doori. Too bad I will pirate it, though
>>
>>2777285
What can I say, dont play punk games if you dont like leftist politics.
>>
>>2774085
>>2774075
>waiting for a content patch to fix a game which is flawed at its core
lol
>>
>>2778025
idpol and trannies aren't leftist politics. they are distractions used by corpos.
>>
File: 1606324151270.jpg (143 KB, 900x866)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
>>2778025
>punk games
>>
>>2780129
Cyberpunk wasn't made with a super conservative audience in mind. That's just a fact.
>>
>>2780208
Cyberpunk it was made with jacking in rather than jacking off in mind. The reality however, was quite fickle
>>
>>2774065
2 years post release, garbage fucking garbage , edge runners was fucking awesome though cant believe they wasted the whole fuckin cast, disrespectful deaths too, glad they put respect on adam smashers name, the game handled him like shit
>>
>>2780208
So why are they catering to people who think minorities should be used as marketing pawns? Sounds pretty """conservative""" to me.
>>
>>2780129
As an incel I belong to the most downtrodden and oppressed stratum of society
>>
>>2780129
>that statement
>that getup
tremendous irony.
>>
>>2780129
>>2780208
>>2780299
I'm IP banned from creating any more Facebook accounts because I shitposted too hard. Can MLK Jr say the same thing? I rest my case.
>>
Punk was always lame impotent rebel youth shit. Now it's even lamer though because it's all so fashionable and clean, with church lady morals to boot.
>>
>>2774141
I’d knock it down to 7/10 but otherwise yeah this is accurate. The main story and companions quests are good, but 9/10 side quests are fetch quest trash.
>>
>>2776913
>Acting like /v/ hasn’t had a hateboner for CDPR since W3
Lurk more newfag
>>
>>2774065
Kinda surprised to see how much new life the anime has breathed into this game. Wasn’t sure we would get another Cyberpunk game but I definitely think we will now
>>
>>2776886
>it has leveling up so yes it is a rpg
COD and Battlefield are rpgs, got it.
>>
>>2780354
>Anon is so retarded he can’t grasp the concept of an action-RPG
Tell you what autist we’ll ban Cyberpunk once we ban FROMSoft games, Mass Effect and Dragon Age too.
>>
>>2780371
So it isn't just the leveling then. Instead of insulting people try making less nonsensical claims. Fromsoft games aren't RPGS, Mass Effect series and Dragon Age 1 & 2 are but not because they have character progression systems in them.
>>
I don't care what people want to claim, but this is an "RPG" for people who don't really like RPGs, same as W3, and that can't be disputed.
>>
This game sucked ass. I played it on release and even ignoring the bugs, the game is just fucking soulless plus boring.
>>
>>2774743
NMS is still shit and always was. They just added parts to it with no vision and now its a frankenstein's monster of DLCs. You can practically see the seams.
>>
If you all true rpgs connoisseurs don't appreciate dialogues, stories and characters, focus mainly on combat system & bugs then you bring the hatred to yourselves.
>>
>>2774065
The game's fine.
Also, the game is about as much an RPG as DX1 or VtM: Bloodlines.
>>
>>2780635
I don't mind the combat system. It's decent.
>>
>>2780352
It does help that the game has been patched significantly, so the new players expecting the worst game in existance will be in for a pleasant surprise.
>>
File: cyberbulling.jpg (73 KB, 450x440)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
Doesn't matter how much patches they make becouse those can't fix structural issues like: the plot being shit, the characters are shit, the mc is shit the gunplay is mediocre, the melee is poor. I like the city and the atmosphere but beyond that, NightCity is an empty canvas. I strongly believe they shot themselves in the foot by makin an open world game. It should had been like Deus Ex:HR where you roamed four blocks full of content and interactive characters with a tons of shit to do.
>>
>>2780681
>plot being shit, the characters are shit, the mc is shit
Apples, oranges. I like the story and the characters.
>gunplay is mediocre, the melee is poor
Gunplay is fine. And they are revamping melee.
>>
>>2780635
>>2780642
>>2780643
>>2780699
Delusional CDPR shills. Your game failed and you will forever have a shitstain on your resume. Don't compare your (((AAA))) shovelware to VTMB or Deus Ex, not even close, faggots.
>>
I like the game, sort of. It's a 7/10 for me, basically just an okayish action shooter in a cool setting.

The only real major addition I care about is the transmog thing. The story is still shit although I think it has some really genuinely nice moments. It's like they had a big wheel that has 2 good writers and 100 shit ones, you get weird bursts of sincere storytelling and touching stuff then complete dogshit for the rest.
>>
How's the anime? People seem to really like it in normie circles.
>>
>>2780759
It's really good.
>>
>>2780759
The usual Studio Nigger shit.
>>
>>2780759
It's good. I think faggot weebs don't like the fact that a "Netflix" anime based on a western product is doing so well and especially don't like how popular it is with normies. Which is how you know it's worth checking out.
>>
>>2776886
The absolute state of /vrpg/. When we gonna get CoD threads?
>>
>>2780820
Seeing normalfags do mental gymnastics trying to defend being into lolicon is funny as hell considering how often they pull the "even if she's an adult it's still pedophilia" card.
>>
>>2780352
N-word made an anime of this after it flopped?
They have way too much money to throw around.
>>
>>2780352
Cheap, watered down, piece of shit trash with lazy line work. Did they not receive enough polack shekels? The dialogue also seemed to be written by a soicuck trying to speak gangsta, but with we wuz hackerz n shiet.

Fuck Studio Nrigger.
>>
>>2774065
I’ll buy after 1.7, then it will meet minimum Open World standards.
>>
>>2780820
>normalfags like it
>must be good
lol, fucking /tv/ posters are subhuman
>>
>>2781222
checked, but isn't it rumored that this was the last patch? unless that was the joke
>>
>>2780759
It stands out in an otherwise bland sea of manga adaptions and waifu-bait. There is a bit more traction because Trigger and the Cyberpunk are know factors in the west.
But I think the series stands out because it harkens back to the violent sci-fi OVA that inspired Cyberpunk and that is a missing niche in the market that Edgerunners filled.
It’s not the best but it also isn’t bad.
>>
>>2781233
No 1.7 is when they update the police and add the one DLC, and then that will be bare minimum for a competent crime game.
If Saints Row can trundle out a franchise killer, Cyperpunk can build up to slightly better.
>>
>>2780208
then why do you fags even come here to shill this game?
>>
>>2780352
don't get to cocky, it's worth the watch because is animated by trigger and perhaps the only good thing to come from this shit show.
>>
>>2774141
This post is the worst thing to ever happen on September 11.
>>
>>2780635
But the dialogue, story and characters are exactly what's shit about it. The combat is the only half-competent part of this game. The whole plot is centred around big chungus wholesome breath take man with you having no agency whatsoever. Nothing you do matters. Speccing into some of the stats is also completely pointless. No dialogue option changes anything, so it doesn't matter if you've got enough Cool/Int/whatever to say an otherwise locked variant.
>>
>>2774065
There’s no fixing it as they wont start the whole thing from scratch.
>>
I thought it was good. But I wasn't on the hype train either. I hope CDPR can publish a CRPG style cyberpunk game that's like the tabletop RPG though.
>>
>>2781500
lol, you'll never see CDPR make a cRPG
>>
>>2781508
Yeah, that's why I said publish. Imagine something like underrail in the cyberpunk universe
>>
>>2781511
do they even have exclusive rights, or was it a license?
>>
>>2774065
>we gonna make THE cyberpunk RPG
>it's a shitty GTA with a skin
They never addressed or acknowledged that, which is kind of funny.
I reckon, it topped NMS in disappointment department.
>>
File: 1663585919796178.jpg (1.76 MB, 2722x1911)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB JPG
>Cyberpunk 2077 is now a mediocre game
Thank you anime
>>
What a mess.
They couldn't even 'current year culture war' their way out of this train wreck.
>>
>>2781653
PS. Poos can't code.
>>
>>2774065
What are some fun weapons classes? Shotguns are really boring in Cyberpunk.
>>
>>2774065
>Make game with bespoke engine
>Fill out team with diversity hires
>Hires cant even use unreal nevermind custom engine
>Game turns into a tire fire
>Memes ensue
The circle jerk of life.
>>
I am big fun with Cyberpunk 2077. Game has graphics, gameplay, music best of the year. Many of my friends say it is best game ever and I agree.
>>
>>2774065
>Put a shit ton of time in character customization, outfits, etc.
>Right down to how big you want your dick to be
>Never see any of it
What's the fucking point? Gameplay happening in first person is fine but there's no reason cutscenes shouldn't be in third, if only to see your abomination on screen. Just seems like a lot of unnecessary wasted effort
>>
>>2781656
Hacking so you can use ANY weapon you like
>>
>>2780759
based on people's reactions it seems pretty sappy
>>
I bet you shits are paid shills from the pole government.
>>
>>2782438
I beat you are paid by American government and American RPGs to destroy honor of Poland games.
>>
>>2774165
It doesn't help that I pretty much 100% don't want to see the future anymore
Even the "dystopia" that seemed plausible to me as a teen seems unreasonably optimistic now
>>
>>2780129
Punk is just a made-up aesthetic and has no actual importance, akin to the goth fashion trend of the 90s, but it is very funny to say that only leftists can be punks because it makes gay right-wing people into Rage Against the Machine mad.
>>
>>2782515
Silence polack. He's right, your country's game has failed.
>>
>>2778081
So exactly the thing for a cyberpunk setting huh?
>>
File: 1546458430267.jpg (337 KB, 1024x724)
337 KB
337 KB JPG
>>2774065
The game may be shit but the entirety of the OST/radio stations are some of the best vidya music made in a long long time
https://youtu.be/Eo4flxOo5Ew
>>
>>2782620
irrelevant to the point about leftist values equating to trannyshit. but yeah, you should jack-in and culture jam by reinforcing traditional values. contemporary punk=anti-hedonism and aversion to any transhumanism, because the establishment is a sodomesque labyrinth designed for fleshy navel-gazing.
>>
>>2781199
>flopped
it sold 18M copies
>>
>>2778035
I didn't like the witcher 3 but the expansions were great, pretty much never even found out what the end of ciri's story and the wild hunt was but damn did I love beauclair lol
>>
>>2782837
even if that was true, how many was sold during 75% off?
how much did they spend making it across 10 years + 2 years of patching?
there's also optics. i know my opinion of CD Projekt tanked, and i'm probably not the only one.
>>
>>2783418
to expand on optics, CD Projekt (owner of GoG) said they would publish a game that had gotten banned from Epic because they recognized Taiwan as a country (something like that), then CD Projekt took that back when Chinese wu-maos complained.
Then they published a game on GoG with DRM (a Hitman game). Took that off when people noticed, too late. reputation damaged.
but at least they can make decent games right? Cyberpunk comes out and disappoints everybody. guess the people that made Witcher 3 left the company?
i think there's something else i'm missing as well about GoG. maybe something like requiring Galaxy to play some games (a form of DRM).
>>
>>2783421
GOG has been run by schizoid for a while now. They seem to arbitrarily refuse to host some games while accepting totally unfitting titles.
>>
>>2783418
Vast majority of copies (13M) were sold full price at launch week. Game costs $60, steam and other distributors take about 30% leaving them about $40 a copy. Thats over half a billion right there.
>how much did they spend making it across 10 years + 2 years of patching?
Probably peanuts, polish salaries are a joke.
>there's also optics.
and? EA, acti, ubi, beth... they have all ruined their rep but still sell shit-tons everytime.
>>
Witcher 3 didn't need any salvaging. What went wrong with this one? Did the studio forget how to make good rpgs or what? Did success defeat them?
>>
>>2783692
>were sold full price at launch week
aha! so your figures does not include returns.

>and?
they were the chosen ones.
>>
>>2783697
>aha! so your figures does not include returns.
go on, tell how many were returned. 50k? 100k? maybe 500k?
>they were the chosen ones.
and?
so was EA. back in 80's they were known as the company that made different games.
Ubi used to be known for it's high quality.
Beth was almost universally loved, except in RPG codex.
>>
>>2783701
i dont have more energy to spend on this pointless conversation. i guess cyberpunk was a roaring success and i just don't realize it.
>>
>>2783708
Commercially it was. Witcher 3 sold way more but cyberpunk was by no means a flop.
Everyone would agree that Elden Ring was a massive hit, Cyberpunk sales are in the same ballpark.
>>
as an rpg enthusiast, i don't give a shit about sales or if a company does good or bad and i don't know why anyone cares. AAA is trash and cdpr was desperate to be AAA, so they got their wish.
>>
>>2783714
>as an rpg enthusiast

they were marketing it as competitor to GTA - action game later changed to action/rpg

was borderlands or gta a good rpg?
>>
>>2782287
This but unironically.
>>
>>2783724
yeah, that's why sales or reception are irrelevant to me. as an enthusiast i only care about the rpg part, in this case because of the relation to the tabletop game, which was absent. so, who gives a fuck on an rpg board about sales of AAA garbage?
>>
>>2783714
Sales are important as companies go where the money is. Just look how they changed assassins creed after witcher 3 and how everyone and their mother started making battle royals when pubg become hit.
Best way to predict where industry is going is by looking at what sells.
>>
>>2783770
let them go. i don't need them or want these companies. the more they chase the normalfags, the better. i thrive in the niche. i imagine it's different if you are investing in this industry or something, but video game biz talk is irrelevant to me.
>>
>>2783418
>how much did they spend making it across 10 years + 2 years
Why does this floats around so much?
There wasn't a single line of code before W3 with all the expansions were done. At best, a draft of design document and few pieces of concept art.
>>
>>2783793
Stop ruining the narrative, ok?
>>
>>2784014
How is that ruining the narrative? Devoting no time to a game announced in 2012 and not working in earnest (read: crunch) until 2018 only proves CDPR is even worse
>>
>>2784036
Or maybe they hadn't been working on CP2077 during the 2012-2016 period because they were busy with the Witcher 3? It's not like they could've worked on multiple games at once, they weren't as big back then.
>>
>>2774141
It is alright fun, but I got that Witcher III feeling of "there is so much shit to do but so little of it is hand-crafted quality content" even quicker, in W3 I only got it after Velen and parts of Novigrad, in Cyberpunk I got it 10 hours in.
>>
>>2774141
>It's not the 12/10 life replacement fantasy that redditors imagined it would be
At this point, the redditors are more forgiving of this game than /v/ and /vrpg/.
>>
what the fuck is all this shilling
>>
>>2780759
It's good until episode 7 when you realize how will it end and laugh how bad it was executed.
>>
>>2784061
>Shilling a two year old game
lol
>>
>>2784081
You're kinda dumb. I knew how it would end before i even say it but i played Cyberpunk 2077 i saw all the dead edgerunner crews dead all around Night City. The show is great and so is the game.
>>
>>2784085
Don't play ignorant, you faggot retard.
>>
>>2774141
The story is depressing and pointless. The open world is completely empty of life and meaningful interaction. The gameplay mechanics are half baked. Only good thing about the game is graphics.
>>
>>2776886
Oh god the poles really need their own containment board.
>>
why is this game on the RPG board? there is nothing RPG about it
>>
File: didyouknow.png (39 KB, 512x512)
39 KB
39 KB PNG
That half of the posters in this thread are from Poland?
>>
>>2784101
yeah, this seems like ironic shilling. you haven't convinced me that you like either.
>>
>>2784107
>>2784236
>poles
See >>2776862 .
>>
>>2782540
literally nobody is into rage for the machine
>>
Since I thankfully managed to refunded this game I watched a video about the current state of it and it's nothing good.
Yes they fixed most of the gamebreaking bugs but it's still a mediocre open world game at best.
Buyers remorse is in full swing in this thread.
>>
>>2784106
>The story is depressing and pointless.
As much as i dislike the overused expression "ludonarrative dissonance", CP2077 is a textbook example of it. The story in it fits linear game, but not open world one. V is fucking dying, it makes zero sense for him to fool around with sidequests and pointless shit like cars. Also, yes, in the end V is either a) accepts that he (or she) will probably die with Panam holding his hand, b) grasps at straws with mercenary life that lost all the romance and adventure that they dreamt about with Jackie, c) same as b but with less casualties, d) same but in Arasaka cell, e) erases himself from existense because long dead asshole buttrocker guilt tripped him to do it, or f) just kills himself. Fuck all of those "choices".
>>
>>2781656
>Shotguns are really boring in Cyberpunk.
Ehhhhh?
I had the most fun with Shotguns and Heavy Machine Guns.
Other fun build I had was as Techie only reliant on Tech-weapons and Nades.

Blades get old fast IMHO just like Hacking. It just becomes a snoozefest.
>>
>>2774065
I know this is a big ask for /vrpg/, but can someone honestly tell me if Cyberpunk is actually worth buying now, while it's half off?
>>
>>2784693
It's a good game, it just created too much hype and dissapointed by not delivering it all. Buy it and have fun.
>>
>>2784693
It is actually pretty fun despite all the flaws, but I would never recommend anyone pay full price for it. Once you get to Pacifica, you'll start to notice how much obvious planned content was cut from the game, and the corner-cutting will be a lot more shameful.

One of my weirdest experiences was not realising I was at the end of the game until the game told me, because I thought I was still in Act 1, and that there'd be 3 or 4 more acts to go.
>>
>>2784693
Why not pirate it and find out for yourself?
>>
>>2784693
Flawed but fun IMHO.
If you arent sure pirate it first.
>>
>>2784106
>The story is depressing and pointless.
Care to elaborate? I mean the pointless part, cause depressing I get and I assume it was meant to be.
>>
>>2784693
The price is reasonable. But the time actually spent playing it would be a huge waste of your time. The combat is shallow and mindless, the ganeplay is sterile and has been done a million times before. The writing is shockingly bland and "safe". They managed to take a setting that is extremely political with tons of room for exploring cool and radical ideologies and concepts, but even the most extremely ideological character's ideas boil down to some generic platitudes like "fuck the system man! I want """""freedom""""" (never defines wgat he means by it or explores his ideas any further.)
>>
>>2784687
Shotguns are woefully underpowered. Yes they do funny knockdowns but they barely do any damage.
>>
>>2784773
You're using the wrong shotguns or probably messed up your build..
>>
File: convinced yet.jpg (71 KB, 1055x398)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>2784241
>>
>>2784794
The crusher and the pump action both suck. The semi is only partially viable because of its rate of fire
>>
>>2784800
What build? What mods?
>>
>>2784807
Level 50 with 20 in all stats from new game plus and the shotgun still sucks compared to revolvers and assault rifles

The Ajax in particular can oneshot the vast majority of the games henchmen and the overture can oneshot most bosses
>>
>>2784819
>Level 50 with 20 in all stats from new game plus and the shotgun still sucks
The fuck are you talking about you braindead mongoloid. If you're gonna shitpost go and do it on /v/.
>>
>>2774141
You can't divorce the game from the years of hype, huge marketing and false promises it had. I agree that if it came out randomly without much fanfare by a smaller studio people would praise it as an underrated masterpieces, but for all the roleplay that was promised there's not actually a lot to be found, it's just a linear story with a few sidequests.
>>
I like this game. I hate all the tranny faggots it attracts though because of its progressive setting.
>>
>>2784869
hell no, i would condemn it no matter who made it. it's based on a tabletop game which it bears no resemblance to. people who like it had never heard of or played cyberpunk 2020 before.
>>
>>2784693
The game is so bad, playing it feels like having your life essence sucked out of your soul. It's an abomination of skinner box game game theory and design-by-committee characters and story. It's like skyrim, but more soulless and corporate, ironic given the game's presentation of corpos.
>>
>>2780352
Well, find it funny that the Anime at least did justice to Adam Smasher.
>>
I wanted it to be like the TTRPG, its not. Do I still like it, yes.
>>
>>2785459
>t. femdom fetishist
>>
>>2785044
>it's based on a tabletop game which it bears no resemblance to
Thats a stretch.

>people who like it had never heard of or played cyberpunk 2020 before.
Actually I did.
And I probably did before you were even born.
I also highly doubt you ever played any Tabletop outside of maybe D&D.
>>
File: 112563642472.png (71 KB, 554x436)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
>>2785155
>t's an abomination of skinner box game game theory and design-by-committee characters and story. It's like skyrim, but more soulless and corporate, ironic given the game's presentation of corpos.
I was with you until you started with the retarded buzzwords in place of an actual opinion.
>>
>>2785459
On one hand I understand the sentiment.
On the other hand some of my favourite RPGs also arent much like the TTRPG they are based on so this strikes me as such a weird criticism.
>>
>>2785556
He's right. You're just an illiterate nigger so anything that you don't understand is a "buzz word".
>>
>>2785554
>stretch
gameplay
>bullshit
lol, assumption junction what's your function. seems a mite butthurt there, fella.
>>
>>2785575
No need to samefag.
You said something retarded so just admit it instead of doubling down like a genuine paintdrinker.
>>
File: 1334684497225.png (45 KB, 306x220)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
>>2785594
>gameplay
You didn't mention the gameplay, you just said that it has no resemblance to the tabletop which is factually wrong.
I will graciously accept you moving the goalpost as a concession of defeat.

>lol, assumption junction what's your function. seems a mite butthurt there, fella.
>u-u-u-u-u m-m-m-mad!
Looks like I was on point then.
>>
>>2785601
i was vague, and you assumed what i meant, clarifying it isn't "moving the goalposts". additionally, you starting making shit up about an anonymous poster based on absolutely nothing, broski, that's an autoconcession and clear sign of butthurtitude if you weren't aware. thanks for playing, midwit!
>>
File: rifts.jpg (172 KB, 800x1000)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
rifts was always better anyway
>>
File: 1398348702024.gif (1.93 MB, 236x224)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB GIF
>>2785610
>and you assumed what i meant
No I didnt.

> clarifying it isn't "moving the goalposts
Sure is. Dont worry, I fully expected you to double down on your idiocy tho.

> additionally, you starting making shit up about an anonymous poster based on absolutely nothing
Look, I know that you are too young to understand that but if you suck at at lying in the first place you will suck at lying on the internet too. Anonymity wont save you from being a retard.

> that's an autoconcession
After U mad its NO U. Truly daring today, arent we?
Next will be "I was merely pretending to be retarded", huh?

>clear sign of butthurtitude if you weren't aware
Ah never-mind, more U MAD it is then.

> thanks for playing, midwit!
All of this desperate Damage Control just because you cannot admit that you said something dumb.
>>
>>2774065
Everyone has their own definition of rpg. Only cdpr know why they chose to stop marketing it as such.
>>
>>2774197
How does it feel to be stupid?
>>
>>2785706
oh god, it's you. no wonder.
>>
File: COAAAHR.jpg (183 KB, 1920x1056)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
>>2784799
>Install
>>
>>2785898
I have a small SSD. I have Baldur's Gate 3 and some other games on it right now. Not planning on installing Cyberpunk again till the expansion comes. Did two full playtrough map clears of the game, giving it a rest so i don't burn out before Phantom Liberty.
>>
Paid thread, paid posts.
>>
File: wew.gif (674 KB, 474x498)
674 KB
674 KB GIF
So i'm one of the fags who avoided the game on launch.

Playing it now, was the game like, significantly worse or has the base gameplay been like this since launch? Because holy fuck, it's literally not even bad
>great roleplaying systems/build variety
>combat is straight up the best i've seen in an RPG
>tons of great side quests with choice&consequence
>solid story (so far, I just did a quest to save some kids from a fucking weird ass cow farm or some shit)
>the little gigs are literally just Deus Ex Human Revolution tier "infilitrate/blast your way into this area"
>tons and TONS of world building through various emails, notes etc
>night city is hands down, the best city i've played in. Admittedly the tech side of things is far below Rockstar but then again, what fucking open world games don't get mogged by Rockstar on that end

Am I missing something?
>>
>>2786173
>great roleplaying systems/build variety
It's a borderlands looter shooter

>tons of great side quests with choice&consequence
'go to location on sandbox map, kill everyone, grab macguffin, deposit macguffin in mailbox
>>
>>2786173
Remember - when something doesn't deliver on your expectations you were never wrong, that something is simply SHIT. That's the mindset people have.
>>
>>2786315
I expected it to be a buggy shitty shallow FPS because I played W3. Feels great to be vindicated and watch the shit slurpers cope with hindsight pretzel theories about marketing expectations.
>>
>>2786173
>>2786315
Polack shills. Game is shit and rightfully flopped.
>>
>>2786173
>great role-playing systems
>choices and consequences
>best combat in an RPG
At this point you're just trying to piss people off by making the most absurd claims possible. Congrats on your success.
>>
>>2774141
7/10 from me, but I've finished it with patch 1.3, possible that I'd give it more now. Was playing at mid-high, 1080p/60Hz, it was fluent, not a lot of bugs, but I've got kicked out of the game two or three times.
tl;dr it ain't that bad
>>
>>2786348
"Cyberpunk 2077 sold 13.7 million copies in its first three weeks of release" says forbes.
Yea, flopped as fuck...
>>
>>2786493
>"there are many people with AIDS therefore it is good"
>"nigger rap is popular therefore good"
Absolute cope. You'll be laid off soon after that pathetic shilling campaign ends. Better start bending over to jewbisoft.
>>
>>2786530
ech
"flopped" means "didn't sell well", you esl retard, not "isn't good"
>>
File: 1659536881106750.jpg (69 KB, 1294x478)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>2786543
You type like a gyp or a tranny. You should finish stealing that tire/taking HRT first before you jump in randomly and post 0 IQ shit.
>>
>>2786546
fuck off polack, your game is solid average
>>
File: 1651211013129.jpg (44 KB, 500x500)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>2786550
I believe this is yours.
>>
>>2786554
yup, but it doesn't change the facts
>>
>>2786555
I accept your pitiful concession - nothing personnel. Hasta la vista, niggerfaggot.
>>
CDPR won
>>
>>2774065
How is the game on a ps5? Honestly I was so fucking interested in this game. Not of any shit they promised, but people hyped witcher 3 quests and I just hoped we will see it for the first time in an actual cyberpunk game. I want to chill comfy in a cyberpunk world engage with the world. I played w1, didn‘t like the gameplay and graphics were dated. I did start w2 and that game has one of the most horrible combats I ever played. Never played w3, but shooting could be fine.
Damn fucking shame they fucking tried to mimick gta for gta online bucks and thinking those retards could do the same as 2000 devs on unlimited budget with a billion dollar publisher on their back.
Should just went for a w3 reskinned in a cyberpunk world. Sadly we will never see this
>>
>>2786902
>engage with the world
That's what you're not getting. There is some decent writing here and there, but it's borderlands meets far cry.
>>
File: Peter_Molyneux_1.jpg (150 KB, 1200x1488)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
>>2784869
Yes, I can. I grew up with this man lying to me and making promises he couldn't keep all the time. At the end of the day they're just games, not something to get so bent out of shape over.
>>
File: paralez.jpg (102 KB, 1280x720)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
Do we know anything beyond the teaser about Phantom Liberty yet? I really hope it's a continuation of the best side quest in the game.
>>
>>2787071
Unlike CDPR, he had more than one good game under his belt, though. Theirs is a story of excessive pride, not hype. You just have bland taste and no great love of RPGs.
>>
File: just_anus.png (299 KB, 500x953)
299 KB
299 KB PNG
>>2787139
>shits on company that doesn't jew it's customers
>defends a guy who put microtransactions even in advertisement of his game
>>
>>2787596
>doesn't jew
>sells abandonware with fan patches
lol
>>
>>2787071
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-SPEECH specimen of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

See you soon my sweet bald honorary jew.
>>
>>2786902
I depends on what you are expecting. The writing and the quests are interesting, the gameplay is pretty solid with pretty much every mission allowing you to play it as you see fit, and the world is comfy.
Ironically enough, it's not really GTA 5, but it IS a reskinned Witcher 3, strongly pretending it's not a reskinned Witcher 3.
>>
>>2786546
>Gets BTFO
>Desperately tries to move goal posts. The board is anonymous, just stop posting
>>
>>2787078
Unlikely, from what i've seen so far the expansion will be more about MILITECH, the NUSA and the combat zone. Which is great news for me since i'm an old fag that used to play the pen&paper 20 years ago.
>>
>>2789238
>combat zone
Could it be inaccessible part of Pacifica?
>>
>>2789265
That's the only place they can add it.
>>
>>2781188
Normies lowkey love lolis. Like all the more popular vtubers are flatties.
>>
>>2787755
If it was a witcher 3, now with some cyberpunk, game would get a lot less shit. It tries to be witcher 3 + GTA, but ends up being Borderlands + Far Cry and some good writing.
>>
I'll never understand why thy bother adding character customization on a 1st person game. What's the fucking point?
>>
>>2790018
they might be using the same system for other character entity's in the game i dunno
>>
>>2790018
Camera mode
>>
>>2790018
This game went through so many different iterations that where scrapped, chances are any inconsistent feature like that is a hold over from some previous version of the game that doesn't exist anymore.
>>
>>2784693
It's good, definitely worth getting on discount or a sale.
>>
>>2776862
Based
>>2776886
Seethe and cope lmao
>>
>>2787607
But they literally did not abandon the game and are still patching bugs and adding content and game mechanics. There is even an expansion coming soon.
>>
>>2790853
i'm talking about gog, kiddo. abandonware has a meaning.
>>
>>2789330
>Flat is loli
>>
>>2784693
I tried the game two weeks ago, two years after launch. I played for 10 hours and uninstalled. >>2784748 is right, but I should add that the driving is abysmal. The cars handle like ass and traffic is nonsensical, as in it is almost impossible to know when an NPC car will turn, stop or accelerate. The driving experience is indicative of the entire game; poorly designed AND unfinished in all aspects except graphical competence.
People will tell you the main story isn't bad, and they are right, it isn't. But because everything between main plot missions and a handful of side missions is filler, and as a player you have little to no impact on the plot, you might as well save yourself hours of your life and watch those pretty animations on YouTube. If I wanted a narrative vidya experience I'd play Firewatch or TLOU2, but that is not what the pollacks told me I would get.
>>
>>2789339
Outside of having cars in it, it doesn't try to be GTA at all. It's literally a reskinned Witcher 3 with some Deus Ex and Bloodlines sprinkled on top of it.
>>
Is there any armor that lets me look like a Militech or Arasaka trooper or is cool stuff limited to enemies? I just have a vest from Arasaka but there aren't any undershirts that look good with it and even if I did V's skinny arms don't really fill it out well
>>
File: 20220109202105_1.jpg (282 KB, 2560x1080)
282 KB
282 KB JPG
>>2775312
>>
>>2791036
I guess Arasaka vest + netrunner suit + cargo pants will give you a something vaguely militaristic
>>
>>2791020
Stop coping CDPR cuck. Your game failed. You have to be delusional to think your shit shovelware is even close to VTMB, let alone Deus Ex.
>>
>>2791081
VTMB and Deus Ex are literally dead IPs.
Cyberpunk is alive and well thanks to their latest ad campaign. Facts don't care about your feelings. Sorry.
>>
>>2791088
better dead than cd projekt red
>>
>>2791088
You're a milestone-chasing wagecuck, you're not a real developer and you will never understand the meaning of legacy. VTMB and Deus Ex lives on in most games, your dogshit company is at its death throes.

Wake the fuck up polack, you have a resume to burn.
https://youtu.be/T4dyEz4GqRw

>>2791098
Teh bantz.
>>
File: 1602353774124.png (624 KB, 722x525)
624 KB
624 KB PNG
>>2790859
abandonware means games that are not sold anywhere.
If it's on gog, it's not abandonware.
>>
>>2783693
>Witcher 3 didn't need any salvaging
It sucked on launch, like their games always do.
>>
>>2791643
>>2790853
>Old abandoned dos games
>New content???
>Nope
>Have dosbox instead
In those cases they are culture vultures.
>>
>>2791643
was it not abandonware before they started selling it? do they not package fan patches and sell them? gog is a joke.
>>
>>2789238
That actually may hint at more with Peralez. The device on top of Psychiatrist in Santo Domingo is the same as the one on Peralez's house and the Psychiatrist from what I remember is protected by Militech. So whatever turned Peralez into perfect politician may have ties with Militech and NUSA.
>>
>>2792614
by your definition all nes games are abandonware as there's no new content for them either.
hell, even dark souls hasn't gotten new content in few years so i guess that's abandonware too.
you are literally a smoothbrain
>>2792671
If orphan gets adopted, they are no longer orphans.
If they start selling the game again, it's no longer abandoned.
You however will never be a woman.
>>
>>2794793
>gets btfo
>starts moaning about trannys
lol, gog shills aren't intelligent people
>>
File: 1594301517065.jpg (95 KB, 1125x1232)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>2795330
>realizes he's wrong
>seethes for being found out to be a troon
>"i'll call him stoopid, that'll show him!"

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.