[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 94 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 19th Birthday 4chan!

File: khorinis.jpg (402 KB, 1280x1024)
402 KB
402 KB JPG
Khorinis, home.
>>
File: 543.png (2.22 MB, 1680x1050)
2.22 MB
2.22 MB PNG
At least it was until Beliar fucked everything up
>>
>>2773588
The most played demo for me... but I never could get into the real game.
>>
>>2773595
Talking about demos, a demo for the press of Gothic 1 was just found and released by THQ to the public
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyj6TxUzRjc
>>
>>2773588
I really hope they made khorinis into something like the city of archolos in history of khorinis. Going back from archolos to gothic 2 makes you realize khorinis is a fucking village
>>
File: Untitled.png (2.85 MB, 1449x932)
2.85 MB
2.85 MB PNG
My home:
>>
>>2773626
Archolos is too huge on the other hand, they'd be better off trimming it down in favor of more wilderness.
>>
>>2773626
What really matters is the amount of content in the city, not like Archolos lacks it but its not Khorinis lacked quests and events either, for its size it was packed with stuff to do and see.
>>2773671
Archolos is just right, like Khorinis its also full of content.
>>
>Cities in early 2000's germ-jank games are more alive, populated and larger than in 2011 international hit "Skyrim"
Bravo Todd
>>
I got this on Steam a while back, I think I installed the unofficial patch as well. Anything to keep in mind while playing this not to gimp yourself or break the game? It seems really janky
>>
>>2773729
>forsaken gods
Don't even bother.
>>
>>2773747
My bad, I bought the real Gothic 3, I just grabbed that image from google real quick, didn't even know Forsaken Gods was a thing.
>>
>>2773749
>real Gothic 3
The game has alternative AI (toggleable during gameplay) and alternative balancing (non-toggleable, needs to be set before beginning a new game). If you disable both the game is piss-easy as is.
>>
>>2773749
Still don't bother. Gothic 3 is a shit game not worth playing.
>>
>>2773594
Is it that mod any good? does it have a good
english translation?
>>
>>2773872
>Is it that mod any good? does it have a good
english translation?

Probably and not really, some dialogue is translated by hand but most of it is just google translate and it shows, also a lot of the dialogue isn't voiced.
>>2773858
Its not that bad
>>
File: 1662837132758549.jpg (38 KB, 750x450)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
Is there any noteworthy mod after chronicles? I want some gothic but i beat it so many times that I need smth new in it
>>
>>2774041
Risen, Elex.
>>
>>2774041
Are you german or polish? Else only Velaya and Golden Gate have decent english translations.
>>2774089
Elex really doesn't feel like Gothic, like at all
>>
>>2774095
Dej mje to mody człowieku
>>
>>2774095
>Elex really doesn't feel like Gothic, like at all
That's like saying if you get a new paintjob on a car it's a different car.
Nah dumb-dumb, same car, different paint.
>>
>>2773726
and morrowind :^)
>>
>>2774156
>same car, different paint.
You could say that about Risen but Elex feels way more like The Witcher than Gothic
>>
>>2774041
>Is there any noteworthy mod after chronicles? I want some gothic but i beat it so many times that I need smth new in it
Odyssey is really nice with focus on locations and plot, but railroaded as paladin good guy main character.
>>
>>2773588
kimiestesh
sosegachi
jolera
>>
>>2774041
Legends of Ahssûn ist just as good imo
>>
>>2773885
>Its not that bad
I've never bothered playing it, I only remember everyone hating it when it came out because it was very buggy back then. How playable is it now? There are probably a lot of community fixes out by now, if it's a not complete mess anymore I'd like to finally try it.
>>
>>2774934
I replayed it last year with community patches, for the first time since it released. It sometimes drops framerate to a slideshow for no reason and still loads way slower than it should(on an ssd), but otherwise it's playable fine.
It's just not a very good game, but it can be enjoyable if you like exploration. The music is gorgeous too, too bad it gets interrupted by a loud annoying battle theme every 5 seconds.
>>
>>2773602
Hey this is pretty cool, thanks for posting
>>
>>2773749
>>2773858

Gothic 3 with the community patch, content pack and the parallel universe patch (despite name, is actually just a massive performance upgrade) is a genuinely good ARPG.
>>
File: bottle.png (1.03 MB, 653x838)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB PNG
finished Gothic 1 with mod-fix modification
some thoughts
>devs have hate boner for golden mod for some mystical reason, I guess adding content they disagree with is "fanfiction" despite doing it themselves to the point of adding custom voice acting (they unironically use words like humankind)
>beating up people breaks quests, I was unable to join new camp and nearly got locked out of old camp because of this, asked dev and they are okay with this(w h y)
>weapon training is locked behind stat requirement as in you need strength (30 and 60) for one handed weapons, okay change
>mod tries to make pickpocketing viable by giving such fantastic rewards such as: PIECE OF BREAD and 20 xp, even difficult npcs don't really give any anything unique, you gain miniscule skill increase occasionally if you pick pocket npcs but guess what if you beat up npcs you don't get anything if you pick pocket, which makes skill make no sense again, aside from that you still need dexterity to learn those skills and increase your chance
>their next update (probably years away) adds more fanfiction like saving Yberion and guruship
what is the least intrusive gothic 2 mod that adds things to the base game without going overboard?
preferably in english
>>
>>2773588
I REALLY need to play Gothic & Gothic II
>>
>>2773602
interesting that the whole "throw something to distract the beast" made into gothic 1 remake
there you have rotten piece of meat that distracts the predators
even the camera position seems to based on that
>>
khorinis is a very comfy city. i like to just stroll around and listen to the ambient and what npcs are talking.
>>
>>2775753
Khorinis melancholic ambience was absolutely nuts. Idk how PB took this turn after the primal, masculine Conanesque theme of the first game but the two are clearly not set in the same universe
>>
>>2775790
they are not even in the same time period. 1 is early middle ages and 2 is late middle ages with canons etc.
but i cant say which i find better honestly.
>>
File: nameless.jpg (41 KB, 512x537)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
decided to be particularly autistic today in Gothic 2
>start my playthrough get to the Lobart
>do my chores, his wife asks for a pan
>know better than to trust the merchant
>walk around the city walls and find a frying pan in the wild
>go back, give it to farmer's wife
>buy clothes at discount
>wear my farmer's clothes and talk to merchant
>he falls for peasant clothes trick and no longer offers city pass
it's the little things you discover every time
now if you'll excuse me I have to harbor to swim to
>>
anyone played Gothic 2 with L'hiver mod ?
>>
I think Ill play another run
>>
>>2776692
Actual bloated garbage.
>>
>>2776731
well I just installed it and I am wondering what were they thinking
>a generic wolf throws itself backwards to dodge an attack, not a step back but full on summersault
>sheep near Xardas spawns demon because funny
>some enemies just don't get staggered they just attack spam
>buffed attack speed of certain enemies which were already fast
think I am going to give it a pass
>>
>>2776788
I've heard that in this mod arrows cost 10 gold pieces each. Is that true?
>>
>>2775737
>what is the least intrusive gothic 2 mod that adds things to the base game without going overboard?
L'Hiver? But fuck me if it's not difficult. At least in the early game. And adds a lot of new mechanics.
Btw I don't think G2 needs mods as much as the first one. The game is pretty full of side content until the very end. It doesn't become linear quickly like G1
>>
>>2776922
I played it today (1.6) for a few hours, it's really in your face with how much shit it changes, the complete opposite of what I am looking for in >>2775737
I just have "Bonus independent training" right now (apples, tablets, potions no longer add to the learning cost so no need to hoard it) installed at the moment
if anyone wants something similar to L'hiver there is mod called "Atariar Edition 1.5.2" it has some features of former without being superbloaty
>>
>>2775035
Music is over the top corny kitsch just like Wagner
>>
>>2775035
the music is great, the music system is dogshit. i usualy just listen to the soundtrack in winamp in the background
>>
>>2776692
YOu mean the polish mod that all the polish people are playing on steam?
>>
>>2777071
that's chronicles of myrtana: Archolos
entirely new setting and hero
it's pretty damn good
>>
>>2776731
If that is "bloated garbage" then i wonder what Returning is
>>
>>2777074
let's just say returning is...special.
>>
>>2777074
Are you kidding me? At least Returning has WORKING scripts. You know I see so many fags shit on returning but I never, never ever see them link to a better gothic mod with decent translation and WORKING SCRIPTS. You know the first backbone of the game, where you're not following Lares across the island and he decides to get stuck on his pathfinding, then aggro himself infinitely on a shadowbeast and die. No mates, L'Hiver is awful, ugly and poorly scripted garbage and I'm not a huge fanboy of Returning but at least it has an active community that fixes shit, constantly.
>>
>>2773602
I can't put the finger if things are better in release or the demo.

They definitely made New Camp look less like cutthroats in the release, and I finally understand what those two new camp guys were actually supposed to do.

It certanly seems like Old Camp got more demonized in the release and some of the spice of the cinematic demo worldbuilding got taken away.
>>
So, what was your first camp when you first played Gothic?

What was your favorite?

What was your least favorite?
>>
>>2777741
For me
>Old Camp (Shadow -> Fire Mage)
Didn't like how they bullied me in the New Camp, and my older brother picked New Camp so I had to be contrarian.
>New Camp
Ultimately, once you get past the rice lord, it's the best camp from a narrative reason. Not sure if gameplay wise too, I think going magic early was not bad.
>Swamp Camp
They are the worst because you keep your hair, and even after you join it never feels like you're fully one of them, and they implode the fastest.
>>
>>2777741
>First
Old Camp, comfy music, the ramshackle wooden hut town around the castle really struck a chord with me
>favorite
see above
>least favorite
swamp I guess, mainly because how bad the navigation was (climbing ladders, swamp water everywhere, road wants you to go around in circles until you reach temple or you trudge through the water
another factor was how limited the camp was for an outsider (no trainer unless you impress one baal who increases mana also the only sensible vendor)
overall it felt unfinished even if there was 5th circle teacher and Guru/Baal specialization
>>
>>2777741
swap
swap
new
>>2777746
>Swamp Camp
>They are the worst because you keep your hair, and even after you join it never feels like you're fully one of them, and they implode the fastest.
There was a mod where you can get both haircut and tattoos and become guru.
Sadly i don't remember was it golden mod or it was in returning.
>>
>>2777916
why did you swap the two questions back and forth
>>
Pathetic
>>
There should be more compact RPGs set around one town or so. Outside of Gothic 1/2 and Risen what else there is?
>>
>>2777978
Literally Witcher 3 if you don't include B&W DLC
>>
>>2777978
Nothing truly seamless like Pyranha Bytes, the closest contenders would be Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines, Way of the Samurai and Yakuza series, Quest for Glory and Pool of Radiance if you're willing to go old-school
>>
>>2777978
Persona.
>>
>>2777972
True, Witcher 3 is indeed pathetic compared to Gothic.
>>
>>2777978
The first Witcher is only set in Vizima and its outskirts. The combat rhythm even reminds me a bit of Gothic's.
>>
>>2775800
it kind of makes sense, since the colony is a prison which gets all its wares from the outside. if you had a similar scenario today it would be similar "low-tech".
also the fortress of the old camp is already a ruin in g1 so its plausible that it predates the first game by a long time. which would explain its older architecture
>>
>>2778125
Yeah. I think it would be pretty disappointing if the rest of the world was just like the Colony. It wouldn’t feel like a unique prison cut off from the world anymore, it’s like a time capsule. And breaking out wouldn’t be nearly as satisfying.

Walking out of the Xardas tower that now sticks out like a sore thumb and finding out that the world outside is actually beautiful and somewhat advanced compared to the Colony was a nice change of pace. You still need to put work in to be taken seriously so it’s not like it lost any of the appeal the harsher setting had.
>>
As a Gothichad, I absolutely cannot stand Witcher (any of the games). It's strange since it should be more Gothic like than TES, but I like even TES (Morrowind) a lot more than the Witcher series, and I played Oblivion more than Witcher 3.
>>
>>2777741
Old Camp
Old Camp
Swamp Camp
>>
>>2778217
You should give it another try. The witcher 1 is just kino af
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKv0rtgI7mw
>>
>>2778217
In Witcher, the are more dangerous enemies than boars
>>
I really wish dexterity had synergy with melee combat in Gothic, like an increased crit chance/damage
>>
>>2778255
[x] DOUBT

There are no boars in Gothic in the first place.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (4 KB, 240x200)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
>>2778485
>>
>>2778515
That must be modded.
>>
>>2778551
no, its gothic2 notr vanilla
>>
>>2778255
?
boars are pushovers in gothic games
NoTR boar is just reskinned wolf, Gothic 3 boar's stunlock can avoided as long as you don't spam attack
>>
>>2778561
>NoTR boar is just reskinned wolf
Ah so, that explains everything.

>>2778558
Not in the American version.
>>
>>2778567
>Not in the American version.
possible, i only played the german version. altough its wierd that they would remove enemies in different versions
>>
File: pally.png (3.55 MB, 1792x1008)
3.55 MB
3.55 MB PNG
>>2778567
were boars too lewd to american audience?
to be fair their implementation is a bit on the lazy side
>wolf's skeleton, same animation except there is no bite just lunging
>slight stat buff
>no additional dialogue from Bosper when you deliver boar skins
>>
>>2778625
>>no additional dialogue from Bosper when you deliver boar skins
ive always wondered why he doesnt comment on that. but its probably an oversight since they recorded a lot of audio for notr so they could have easily recorded one additional line.
>>
>>2778651
reminded of Lester's bizarre delivery
https://youtu.be/lza_6deMITQ?t=187
(I am guessing voice actor was not available or something)
>>
>>2778656
the english voiceover is all over the place anyway.
but the voiceline is missing in german too, which is normally very good quality (except the lack of variety in voice actors maybe).
>>
>>2773645
based AF
>>
>>2778656
So was every line reused ?
>>
>>2778561
They released a patch to fix it, but how the fuck were boars the most dangerous enemy in the entire game?
>>
>>2779185
beats me, witcher fag probably only played the third game
>>
File: dexfaggot.png (828 KB, 1199x893)
828 KB
828 KB PNG
got any character tabs saved ?
this is my archolos character right before the end
>>
I started playing Gothic 3, so far I've helped the Rebels (but also done all the side quests for the orcs) and need to decide what to do about Cape Dun. I know I could just leave it for now, but I'm not sure what faction to pick overall. My first idea was to side with the rebel because my character is a freedom fighter or human supremacist, but I want to try a second run later and focus on magic instead of melee weapons, and it seems like it would almost be more fitting to side with the orcs for my melee run. Any suggestions?
>>
File: Montera.jpg (120 KB, 998x547)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
Montera, home.
>>
>>2780685
travel to other lands before commiting to either first
in the south the hashishin (dudes in black) are allied with orcs and generally do not like people who have fought against orcs
north is pretty straightforward, if you are human you die
as I recall you can liberate 1-2 cities before the opposite faction leader calls you out for liberating a city
I highly suggest seeking out Xardas as well, he provides some interesting insight into whole war
>>
Which anime is this "XXX, home" meme from? I keep seeing it everywhere.
>>
>>2780921
Cory in the House
>>
>>2780921
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAWQlsjPN_s
>>
>>2780980
Weird anime
>>
>>2780685
How the fuck is it "fitting" for Nameless to side with orcs in any way? G3 fell for the choices meme where it doesn't make any sense, it would unironically be a much better game with a more linear storyline.
>>
>>2780921
Boku No Busta
>>
>>2774168
>>2781499
>Actually can meet (nameless hero) in Varant obliterating assassins
>he is travelling with Lester and Diego in a heavy mercenary armor looking for Adanos artefacts
>talks both seriously and smoothly and like a certified badass
>raid temple ruins with him
>he gives you fire chalice since you are a paladin
This was peak comfy.
>>
File: Drachenlord.jpg (94 KB, 1098x1200)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>2781531
how is localization of Odyssey?
I know bit of German and decent amount of Russian but honestly would prefer English if possible
>>
>>2781554
Russian is an actual translation for 2.6 version. 2.7(latest) content is mtl, but that's mainly crab island, mid game filler.
And
>gothic mods
>english translation
Lmao
>>
>>2781499
From what I could gather from orc apologists, they're actually very fair and treat you well once you've proven yourself, the rebels fight to reinstate an incompetent, corrupt asshole of a king, going back to neverending wars with the orcs who are apparently the natives of Myrtana. Orc/Xardas ending supposedly results in orcs and humans learning to live alongside each other as equals. Orcwanking aside I guess a semi-legitimate reason is that you don't want to see king Rhobar back on the throne.
>>
>>2781499
nameless hero despite being favored by Innos has free will, you can spare orc village in Gothic 1 and allow Ur-shak the orcish shaman to try negotiate some form of peace
in Gothic 3 we can see the absolute failure of King and Innos, Myrtana was in it's golden age (big cities, multiple colonies on the isles, multiple fortresses) and yet even with magical ore they still failed, paladins and mages ate shit when runic magic got destroyed
path of Beliar represents a much harsher world but one that would ultimately strengthen humanity
>>
What's up with all the rage towards Gothic I've been encountering from Morrowind fans recently? I'm out of the loop.
>>
Are there any mods that let you have a waifu in Gothic 2? Obviously not Gothic 1 since all the women are whores.
>>
File: 95048304.jpg (151 KB, 1440x900)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
>>2782251
don't think so
there is mod that allowed you to play one of Gomez's groupies
and the Gothic 1 sequel that got canceled featured lady(Thora) who was quite good with the staff
>>
>>2782273
>there is mod that allowed you to play one of Gomez's groupies
Why would you wanna play as someone's hoe?
>>
>>2782251
Now this is a 4chan type post I have never seen about Gothic. Sorry mate there's definitely no virgin waifus in the game because the world is harsh and I doubt theres consent laws in khorinis either. Trying to think of a close second best for the hero, not really sure. You could probably get with Sagitta as the closest one you can get to a femcel but she definitely fucked some of Lee's men and/or the farmers. And if not that then some furfag shit guaranteed.
Then there's Thekla, she looks and sounds like a typical housewife. I think she has around a dozen bodies on her, being near to the city and living on the farm with other men. Assuming she grew up there before marrying her husband. She isn't a virgin but at least she fulfills the obedient wife part so good canditate regardless. Same shit for all the farm women, Edda. Hilda.
Rosi, Sekob's wife is probably the nicest of them all but... she's married to fucking Sekob, fucking hell he probably sodomizes her every night the fat fuck coward.
Onars wife same deal, probably fucks Lee the alpha male behind Onars back because women are opportunistic and hot chads dont rain from the sky.
Gritta is a dumb hoe. Gold digger. Used goods. A complete dumbass.
Cassia is the leader of the thieves guild so that says two things, she had a rough upbringing and being a woman she definitely had to fuck her way out of desperation enough to win the charm and time of men that eventually taught her enough for her to become a master. She of course could've learned on her own but a woman with power, skill and manipulation doesn't lend herself to chastity.
Lucia fucks some random carpenter in town, gets kidnapped, gets railed by bandits day and night. Loves it so much can't keep a straight face writing down the letter asking 'forgiveness'. Then joins said bandits in jharkendar working in the local seed pit piss hole. Do you even need to think this one out?
Nadjia and the whores in the port belong to the streets.
>>
>>2782400
meds
>>
>>2782400
This must be an edited pasta.
>>
>>2782455
>>2782690
You too belong to the streets.
>>
>>2782794
Stupid pollack ESL
>>
>>2782808
Not even close, inbred whore. Guess I poked quite a few nerves over there.
>>
File: 3367868364310.jpg (132 KB, 1280x960)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
I don't know how to install Odyssey
going to play archolos instead
>>
File: 1663527071294717.png (312 KB, 620x583)
312 KB
312 KB PNG
>>2782400
>>
In Gothic 2, the mercenaries have the best weapons, the paladins have the best armor, and the fire mages have the best magic (obviously).

What are the gameplay differences between joining Gothic 1 camps? My take
>Old Camp
Allows you to do serious magic as early as possible.
>New Camp
Uh.. smoothest armor transitions?
>Swamp Camp
Allows you to do scroll magic early and low level magic as templar, kinda sucks?
>>
>>2783174
>Old camp
crossbow training
>new camp
you can become mercenary right after joining the camp(there is no requirement other than just be new camper) also even earlier magic training than Old camp(mercs can just just request magic training lmao)
>swamp camp
not really that many advantages other than free heavy novice armor I guess?
>>
>>2783182
>you can become mercenary right after joining the camp
Really? Right in the first chapter? Why have I never done that then?
>>
>>2773626
>Going back from archolos to gothic 2 makes you realize khorinis is a fucking village
And yet it felt more alive and bigger than all the cities in Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim and all the Witchers.
>>
I don't like how they made orcs smart in Gothic 3. That was what ruined everything.
>>
>>2783249
it makes some sense
>Gothic 1 temple has symmetrical chambers, elaborate traps even portal that supposedly works across dimensions, yet somehow they are tribals
>Gothic 2, orcs know how to build siege equipment, have far better scouts than humans, built palisade to hide their numbers and have fairly good grasp on siege tactics. Again for a bunch of grunting pretty impressive
>humans somehow lose the war to bunch of axe wielding savages
the only thing that makes no sense is how every orc is fluent in human language, occupation and war itself didn't last that long
>>
>>2783260
Orc men are simply superior to whitey in every way.
>>
>>2783260
Island orcs are just hicks. Myrtana ones likely had much more opportunities to interact with humans and learn their language.
>>2783249
Sleeper's temple clearly indicates they had somewhat advanced civilization that got fucked due to gods struggle, just like Jarkendar one. There are more than hints that both orcs and humans had iterations of advanced civilizations that got fucked.
>>
>>2783182
>mercs can just just request magic training lmao
Wut? Aren't you confusing new with swamp camp(who can actually get magic training right away)?
New camp only lets you learn magic in chapter 4
>>
>spend >130 hours in Odyssey
>epilogue
>access violation if i try to visit Atanos for nostalgia quest
>give up go for Vengard to end it
>epilogue video doesn't have translation
What a letdown. Ruined orgasm tier.
>>
File: 1645911441169.jpg (44 KB, 566x456)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
I'm playing Gothic 1 for the first time and the combat system is actually really fucking fun once you get used to it. I didn't expect it to be such a competent action game with all the Morrowind comparisons floating around.
I almost feel about about going fire mage because I just want to hit shit with melee weapons.
>>
>>2783807
Also this shit was a welcome surprise.
>>
what's the sweet spot for one handed weapon training in Gothic 2 Notr, 100% seems rather rather difficult to achieve even with tablets
>>
>>2776692
no, most modders are autistic retards
>>
>>2784757
Tablets + book from the merchant in upper quarter + 10% ring from Jharkendar make it pretty easy to reach 100. You only need to train to 60 or so.
>>
File: Diego.png (3.03 MB, 2048x1152)
3.03 MB
3.03 MB PNG
>Bro save me!
>B-b-but not that way, we have to tour the colony first
>>
File: Jharkendar.png (3.54 MB, 2048x1152)
3.54 MB
3.54 MB PNG
how come Adanos never intervened when heads started to roll but was more than willing to enforce his "clean slate" when his actions had no benefit?
>>
>>2782400

This well-spoken but apparently insincere man omitted the best girl in Gothic 2, Sarah. Explain this.
>>
File: 1573886465515.png (525 KB, 750x779)
525 KB
525 KB PNG
about to finish G2 again
I think I had my fun with Gothic for now
see you in a year or so
>>
>>2786749
You will come back for History of Khorinis
>>
>>2785811
Sarah goes to jail. I think we know what happens to her there and we don't need to expand on that. It's nice that you virtue signaller beta males "save" her from Kantar but literally nobody wants to lose access to traders because of pussy.
>>
>>2786832
I kill Canthar because I hate that piece of shit. Saving Sarah comes second.
>>
>>2786849
Same, how do you kill him? In the beginning with the fists or stick at the farm is the most alpha way.
>>
>he got blackmailed by the "Merchant"
speak to him in farmer's clothes and he won't peddle his pass to you nor will he blackmail you
>but muh discount, muh frying pan!
run around town's wall towards the tavern at crossroads, just where Erol sits there is frying pan near ambushed cart
>>
>>2777073
Yeah, its suprising they went with a prequel to end a trilogy
>>
>>2777978
Fallout Louisiana blues
>>
>>2783413
>Sleeper's temple clearly indicates they had somewhat advanced civilization that got fucked due to gods struggle, just like Jarkendar one. There are more than hints that both orcs and humans had iterations of advanced civilizations that got fucked.
Underrated
>>
>>2786891
I can understand the wall since you get massive bonus xp from Lares if you swim across but
>running across the map for a frying pan just to save 10 gold
lmaoing @ your life mate
>>
>>2786910
>across the map
it's literally 5 minutes off the path if you want to min max
>>
>>2786866
Based but I sell him out to Andre, then visit him in jail, listen to him gloat, then quicksave, cast sleep on the guard and burn through my scrolls on Canthars monkeypoxxed ass.
>>
>>2786832

Ah, so people who pick a nice, decent, self-sufficient, lonely woman over a literal piece of shit, are somehow inferior to your submissive gay ass who likes to go "No please, daddy Kantar, I'll be a good boy, I'll do anything just don't cut me off from merchants for a ficking few days... Now can you please show me your trade inventory? Oooh it's sooo big!"

Opinion discarded, Gothic 2 re-established as a waifu-test passing game.
>>
you forgot Elena, Onar's daughter
it would be hilarious to see him seethe even more than usual if nameless hero fucked her
>>
>>2786978
Which would piss him off more, if you fucked her as a mercenary or as a militiaman?
>>
>>2786982
>King's troops sucked my lands dry!
>now Elena sucks off that Militiaman, hah that will show them!
>...
>wait a minute...
>>
I'm playing through Gothic 3 as a mage, is the general tip to just plow through all the sidequests and then commit to a faction? I'm pretty overleveled right now (mana regen+over 500 AK) so I feel like I could bulldoze through everything but I don't want to start liberating towns just yet if that means locking myself out of stuff in the future.
>>
>>2786832
>Sarah goes to jail.
If you appear before Kantar in nice clothes for the first time the plot of him trying to get rid of Sarah won't trigger. She will retain her marketplace and he will sit on bench in city.
>>
Is a bow seriously mandatory to progress through the temple of the sleeper? This is bullshit.
>>
>>2787063
G3 late game is absolute garbage as a mage because you have to run away and channel cast for a few seconds when without timestop you are not going to be allowed to do so. The worst areas are the tight spaces of the variant temples where you need line of sight and you can't even maneuver.
>>
>>2787600
I'm effortlessly destroying everything except the large orc camps, takes some trial and error to group them all without having my rain of fire being interrupted, worst case scenario I just chug mana potions and snipe them all from afar with fireball
>>
anyone tried bow/crossbow build for gothic 3?
I always kind of veered off towards melee or magic
>>
>>2787652
seems like its just worse than melee and magic in every way
>>
>>2774041
Dirty Swamp (just got an English release a few days ago) and Brotherhood of the Sleeper are really good ones.
>>
>>2777741
New Camp. Back when I was a kid I knew neither english nor german very well (though I was learning both at school so this game was a natural pick) and "Alten Lager" translated into "Pickled Camp" for me which was a granite hard pass, especially with the "king's bitch" vibes. Dude weed lmao didn't appeal to me so NEW camp was (and is) best camp.

Reason? New Camp in german is like Neuer Lager which again, in my tongue resembles "Our camp". I liked the idea that a group of people just errected giant middle fingers around their clay and called it home. Plus, hearing of their escape plan had very strong "lol, let's try that" vibes ... hopefully that translates correctly.

Least Favourite? Swamp. The limitations on runes makes sense ingame, but even as a kid I smelled the crazy cult vibe. At least New Camp had the "pragmatic crazy plan".

Yeeeeears later I was extremely surprised to find that if you become a fire magician and move to New Camp, you get special dialogue from the Cave Nig, the one that thanks you for finding the 5 focus stones.
>>
>>2775746
I would have definitely used that in gothic 1 during the "everything kills you" phase to grab some shit you otherwise have to fight for
>>
Is there enough of a modding community for Gothic left for someone to use that RTX Remix software from nvidia they showed modding Morrowind to do a fan """remaster""" of G1 and G2 with raytracing?
>>
>>2790059
I doubt many would be interested in it frankly
most people really just want new "adventure" so to speak regardless how it looks
and with gothic 1 remake on it's way it diminishes the interest even further
>>
File: gomezisabitch.jpg (866 KB, 2560x1440)
866 KB
866 KB JPG
I fucking love this game.
>>
File: Marvinthezombiewhisperer.png (3.04 MB, 1277x1130)
3.04 MB
3.04 MB PNG
>>2791560
it has it's moments
>>
File: 20220928190301_1.jpg (571 KB, 1920x1080)
571 KB
571 KB JPG
I'm just starting chapter III with my mage build. Any of you fine gentleman want to take a look at my character sheet and tell me how fucked I am? Think I'll be able to clear khorinis and then the addon content so that I might catch up or should I revert to my chapter I save?
>>
>>2791697
why would you be fucked? looks like you only invested in mana/circles which is fine as a mage. get "summon skeleton" and you should be able to clear most non-ork enemies pretty quickly.
>>
>paladin runes do zero damage against dragons
kewl
>>
>>2791697
>chapter III
>level 12
Hm
>>
>>2792131
he did the valley before the addon, so his chapter 2 was probably very short
>>
>>2773645
>>
>>2792134
Last time I played I ended chapter I at like level 15 or something similar. And he is playing a mage, which is arguably more LP reliant.
>>
>>2791697
>autistic answer
sneak, str and dex are wasted, pick up magic wand staff from monastery and glitch with it (quickly equp and unequip it) for mana
>non austist answer
a bit low on level there but if you can summon skellingtons you are golden
save some speed potions and buy scrolls rain of fire in town, spell kills every chump orc and nearly kills elites, use it near the castle for some nice XP chunk while running around on potion
not sure if it was patched but last time I played mage you could use rune of fear on dragons, might be handy if your minions are getting shrekked
>>
File: wine.png (2.51 MB, 1543x998)
2.51 MB
2.51 MB PNG
name my wine
>>
>>2792182
Gushing Granny
Fapple
Diabeetus
>>
>>2792174
>autistic answer
>sneak, str and dex are wasted
Not at all, on my actual autistic mage playthroughs I level str, dex and all thief skills, and still end up with 300+ mana after using all stat boosters.
There's no point in dumping everything into mana, it won't make you kill enemies faster anyway.
>>
>>2777741
>So, what was your first camp when you first played Gothic?
New camp, between the punch and the protection money and the fucking follower dude the old camp was intolerable.
>What was your favorite?
I'll go with the new camp, although I typically go with old because it feels more story appropriate.
>What was your least favorite?
The swamp camp. Lester and Angar were cool and all but honestly the whole place felt cheap and underdeveloped.
>>
>>2791697
>tell me how fucked I am
How the fuck are you level 12 in chapter 3? If you do everything in chapter one you can easily get all the way to 16, 19-20 if you minmax.
The way you're now you're better off getting the gonlin rune at Sekob's farm and just let it fight in your place until you get to the 20s.
Dump everything in mana, disregard your weapons (the fuck are you gonna do with 22 attributes and novice skill i nchapter 3 anyway) and use the ice rune from the colony until you hit 4th circle and get lightning.
Up to you whether to upgrade the gobbos to skellies, I don't bother and wait for beliar's zombies in the fourth circle but you do you.
>>
File: lady.png (3.01 MB, 1622x994)
3.01 MB
3.01 MB PNG
I hate you
>>
>>2781499
Because the hero never struck me as someone who joins up with people over ideals, but just as a means to an end. He'd join the orcs because its that fastest way to get his hand on Xardas and find out what the fuck is going on.
Him becoming some fantatic of Innos or Beliar and murdering half the damn world over it seems way more unreasonable for me.
>>
>>2792354
Don't you find out where Xardas is pretty early? I honestly don't remember.
Anyway, working with orcs to some extent early on makes sense, helping them exterminate the rebels is not IMO. Xardas's ending doesn't required helping the orcs at all either.
>>
>>2792362
>Don't you find out where Xardas is pretty early?
One of the orc shamans knows, I think it was the dude in Silden or Geldern so its fairly late in the Myrtana part of the game if you don't run there right away.

>Anyway, working with orcs to some extent early on makes sense, helping them exterminate the rebels is not IMO. Xardas's ending doesn't required helping the orcs at all either.
Yeah, I agree. The hero would use them to get information, and then fuck off with Xardas. It's just that the orcs are poised to keep the upper hand if you don't kill them all, so I guess its still sort of an orc end
>>
>>2783182
The swamp camps big advantage is that you get magic as soon as you join.
It's limited to circle 4, but the final two circles only have shitty spells anyway.
>>
>>2792367
>you get magic as soon as you join
Yeah but without access to the good runes what's the point?
>>
>>2792372
Fireball is perfectly fine for chapter 2 and Firestorm is good enough for chapter 3 and 4. And you still get death to the undead to laugh at the sleepers temple
Not to mention going firemage won't get you any better runes any faster.
>>
>>2792376
>Not to mention going firemage won't get you any better runes any faster.
Nor any slower, which is kind of the point I'm trying to make. You get a pathetic one mission headstart on learning those four circles and rune access is exactly the same, I don't see how is it worth losing access to the last two circles for so little gain.
>>
>>2792387
Because the last two circles are nearly worthless and arguably a waste of learning points. By going with the swamp camp you get magic earlier, lose almost nothing and get melee armor instead of the more squishy mage robes.
>>
>>2792392
>you get magic earlier
One mission bruh.
>Because the last two circles are nearly worthless
If you're doing a pure mage run wave of ice, rain of fire and uriziel are fantastic, don't kid yourself.
Staying at 4th circle is only ok if you wanna go hybrid (read: be a fighter and pretend you didn't waste all those lp on mana and circles).
>melee armor
Lmao why are you in melee mage bro?
>>
it's ogre
>>
File: marvin.png (2.1 MB, 1491x1135)
2.1 MB
2.1 MB PNG
plan to spec Marvin into crossbowman
so far it's pretty fun having both decent dexterity and strength
>>
>>2793116
I dropped archolos after trying to play it as a mage because the magic system is dogshit and there's not even a proper guild to join for magic users
Is the game actually any fun as a crossbow dude?
>>
>>2793413
You can build up a powerful mage. It is just different from the other games. Git gud motherfucker
>>
Playing L'hiver right now. Damn, I didn't remember G2 quests giving so little exp. I barely get 100-200exp per quest when in Archolos you get easily 600-1200exp even in the early game.
>>
>>2793413
crossbow is fine, deals lot of damage with armor penetration and you can equip quite a few STR weapons
>mage
I played mage as I would in Gothic 1, invested in some melee skills before committing to magic
the only thing that baffles me is how devs ignored the valid complaint regarding Lokvar (mana trainer)
namely the gold cost, melee/ranged trainers don't really ask astronomical prices (15-35 gold pieces for 5 points) meanwhile the mage asks for 75g for 5 points
the said mage has new potion type for sale starting chapter 2(5+ spell power)
>>
File: Shrek.png (164 KB, 250x470)
164 KB
164 KB PNG
>>2793111
>>
>>2793420
made by same crowd who thinks generic rat should one shot you and health potions are too OP
>>
>>2793503
Really don't understand the obsession with making shit super hard that so many modders have.
NotR is already a really hard game. And most mods don't even do any sort of fun or smart difficulty, they just bloat enemy healthpools or put chapter 4 enemies on the main paths in chapter 1
>>
>>2793503
Is not that hard after the first few levels, desu.
Luckily, Gothic is a game where you can defeat thought enemies just by having skill and understanding the combat mechanics. It is not entirely reliant on stats or random shit.
The redesign of the world looks very good too. Khorinis looks way better
>>
>>2793413
>I dropped archolos after trying to play it as a mage because the magic system is dogshit
The fuck does this even mean? It's basically the same as Gothic 2, only you have to find books and runes instead of learning shit from a teacher.
And even that is only true if you want to get your build going as soon as possible, since there are people selling both books and runes in the city, in the fortress and in the monastery.
>>
>>2793513
But if you like vanilla notr difficulty, why don't just... play vanilla notr?
L'hiver adds lots of new op items and features like crafting armors. If you don't increase the difficulty, it would be just cheating because those items are clearly too op for the vanilla+expansion game.
I still prefer total overhauls like archolos though
>>
>>2793523
In Gothic 2 its pretty clear how to get runes and circles, in Archolos you basically need a guide to find runes and books that are just randomly thrown around in the wilderness
>>
>>2793528
Total conversions* I mean
>>
>>2793445
>the only thing that baffles me is how devs ignored the valid complaint regarding Lokvar (mana trainer)
Why is it a valid complaint? Lokvar is the cheapest mana trainer. Mana being more expensive to improve than other attributes is pretty clearly on purpose.
>>
>>2793530
Lmao god forbid exploration gets rewarded am I right?
Let's not act like the map is massive, you're gonna find most runes very easily. I found multiples of almost all of them in my first playthrough, no guide required.
Most runes and books are actually placed close to quest targets, there are only a few that legitimately require you to go out of your way to get, like the one on top of the windmill.
And again, you can also just buy them, you only need to find them if you can't be bothered to wait until you have access to the upper town or the rogue camp.
>>
>>2793539
Locking basic magic away in random spots isn't rewarding for mage characters, it's punishment for not playing the generic 1H STR character
>>
>>2793535
>starting village
>75g is okay
yes let's keep noobtrap in handolding tutorial area
what a grand idea!
>>
>>2793545
>Locking basic magic away in random spots isn't rewarding for mage characters
Meh if the spots were actually random I wouldn't have minded. In practice however there was nothing random about the spots, in fact everything was specifically placed to replicate the same chapter based magic access as the vanilla games.
Now that was a pain in the ass, the one thing I liked the least about magic in the vanilla games.
>it's punishment for not playing the generic 1H STR character
It definitely is, it's pretty clear the devs want you to play Scar with a 1h sword and a crossbow.
The magic is just an extra option for people wanting that playstyle since it's a Gothic staple, but it's pretty obvious that it's not to be seen as on the same level as melee or ranged.
>>
>>2793413
You were warned that magic guilds are not open to you and every bit of magic you obtain by yourself would be hard to get and probably weaker than what real mages could do, yet you purposely pumped everything into mana, refused to explore the map and quitted after accepting the fact you did retarded build.
I played as a dex/str warrior that branched into magic at level ~25, ended swinging the best dex sword, and used 4th circle runes to drown and fry Usurer's scum. Had fun, and probably will play it again in a few years. And also, I didn't use the guide to find runes, only a few secret places like the cave with a summon demon scroll I learned about from the Internet.
>>
>>2793577
>going mage is supposed to be shit
So you agree its shit at least
>>
>>2793584
>>going FULL mage is supposed to be shit
ftfy
Archolos is generous with exp and LPs. You have enough to be great at melee, decent at ranged, decent at magic, and buy a handful of miscellaneous skills. It is not my fault that you insist on playing retarded build and complain it is not viable. And end game mage rocks because 4th circle gives you passive mana regen, and you can summon a golem.
>>
File: prices.png (2.62 MB, 1632x1049)
2.62 MB
2.62 MB PNG
>>2793535
it's the same in the city
>>
>>2793593
Lokvar and Patrajan are the cheap ones, once you hit 60 you'll gave to go to Hierro and then Tengral and get fleeced even worse.
>>
File: 1658595119956140.jpg (70 KB, 250x411)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
I finished Gothic 1 for the first time. What am amazing game.
>>
Paladin is the best guild in G2, fite me nerds
>>
>>2793650
filthy royalist
>>
>>2793650
Best for what? It's not the most powerful, it's not the most fluff appropriate, it has the same amount of faction specific missions and interactions as the others.
It's alright, but I personally would have liked to see an alternative development to the city guard route.
>>
>>2793650
it's trash and I'd even take the filthy swamp camp over it
paladins are inept, weak and completely stupid
their magic sucks
their lore sucks
their npcs suck, most of them
beliar is a shit god
adanos is whatever
but innos is a complete piece of shit
they all fucking die on that island
and for what? for some fucking ore
>>
>>2793703
>they all fucking die on that island
citation needed
I only know of Arcania(which is no longer canon) https://youtu.be/u_hAbd1eAlI?t=67
>>
>>2793709
>citation needed
Thorus tells you that the whole island was conquered, the population enslaved and deported to the mainland.
Kinda hard to imagine the paladins not fighting to the death, especially when most of them would have been in the VoM castle rather than the city.
Also weren't the paladins you give the chalices to supposed to be the only survivors of the whole order left outside Vengard? I might be misremembering this.
>>
>>2793709
Mate the island is filled with orcs, undead, beliarspawn, beasts and you just stole their ship. The entire castle in valley of mines gets overwhelmed, Garond and his paladins all die according to Gothic 3(which is canon).
I hate paladins with a passion but there are plenty of other games that make them look really good than Gothic. The nicest description I can give for them in the game is incompetent, shortsighted and foolish.
>>
>>2793716
Do you even meet a single pally from G2 in G3? I'm pretty sure they all fought to the death and died. What else is there? There are mods. In returning's cut content(by pirahna) some paladins are enslaved in the mines, then there's Odyssee(fan content) that also expands on the events a bit(won't spoiler)
>>
>>2777978
RPG's absolutely should be based around single towns more often. it makes the world feel bigger knowing everywhere you can explore is just this region surrounding a mid-sized town. When a game claims to be a whole country or world I just roll my eyes because I just think 'Wow so the entire homeland of the Nords is like 14 square miles? Not even as big as my small ass hometown?
>>
>look up the History Of Khorinis
>looks neat
>"2 factions"
>"no mage option, only runes and scrolls"
I hope this is not a trend
>>
File: bestrpg.png (2.51 MB, 1920x1080)
2.51 MB
2.51 MB PNG
>>2793638
Play the second one and the de Archolos mod
>>
>>2794069
Armor design in Archolos is beautiful. I think I'm gonna do an Araxos playthrough just to get my hands on that last Hunter armor.
>>
>>2793748
I wonder why poles have such a hateboner for mages. Does being a mage just not fit in with their fetish for oh-so grounded and gritty stories? Or is it just too much work to put in a monastery and fill it with quests?
>>
>>2794069
I will once I get my Steam Deck next week.
Gonna be a comfy autumn.
>>
>>2794321
Mage training just doesn't fit well into gothic lore starting from G2, you basically have to spend years as a novice before learning proper magic
Nameless is just a snowflake and can skip this
>Or is it just too much work to put in a monastery and fill it with quests?
There is a monastery with quests in Archolos though
>>
>>2794337
If you wanna be muh realism fag, then you'd have to admit that becoming a swordmaster or master archer would also take years of training. Videogames fast track that stuff for obvious reasons, and the trial of fire has been established as lore in G2 so there's nothing stopping you from using it for mods to become a mage fast.

>There is a monastery with quests in Archolos though
I meant special novice/mage quests like in G2.
Its obviously a ton of work and mages are usually the least played class so its a lot of work for something that not a lot of people will see.
>>
>>2794339
There is no Fire Monastery on Archolos and Water was closed off even before Marvin arrived on the island. Riordian bent rules by teaching you to write scrolls and the only "real" mage training you can get is after you join Water Circle. I wonder why you guys don't complain that it is impossible to become a paladin, for example. You are so fixated on mages it's unreal.
>>
>>2794339
Nothing to do with realism, just how it fits into the story
Marvin joins the guards/Merchant's guild because they promise to help him with his search, joining the Monastery would be counterproductive
I love the Monastery and their quests in G2 too, anon, but you have to admit it doesn't always fit. Even in G2 joining them seems sketchy, you don't know about the trial of fire beforehand
>>
File: 1650826422524.jpg (8 KB, 225x225)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>2794336
>he pays for media
>>
>>2794345
how?
neither guards or traders offer much of help in search and when you tell them that they get uppity and remind you that you got free armor and training
monastery has considerable influence, they can summon any citizen on trial circumventing any civil laws
>but muh story
Marvin finds mcguffin that somehow binds him to it, there mages have no choice but to recruit him
it is deliberate choice to exclude faction
>>
>>2794342
>You are so fixated on mages it's unreal.
Because magic is one of the three major gameplay styles you can play in every Gothic game. You can't compare it to not being able to become a paladin. It's more like wanting to play melee but nobody sells swords in the tutorial village, STR training is much more expensive than DEX or mana and the only way to get your weapon skill up is books hidden somewhere in bum-fuck nowhere.
Archolos just tells everyone who wants to play a mage to fuck off.
>>
>>2794367
>Because magic is one of the three major gameplay styles you can play in every Gothic game.
And you can use magic, scrolls and runes both. What's your point?
>>
>>2794369
I'm done wasting my time with retards that don't read half of the post they're responding to
>>
>>2794371
Nice concession. Next time don't argue unless you have a real argument.
>>
>>2794374
I have an argument, you're just too stupid to see it.
>>
>>2794377
You are retarded.
You claim there is no way to play with magic as your main weapon but that's false.
You claim it is a noob trap but the same can be said about previous games. In G1 you need to become a Shadow before you are recruited as a mage, in G2 you can become novice early but can't have good runes before chapter 3.
You claim that joining monastery in Archolos would help in finding brother but the monastery was isolationist even before it was closed off.
None of your arguments has any merit yet like a prime midwit you insist every one but you is mentalny handicapped.
>>
>>2794353
It's hardware anon
>>
>>2794336
>Steam Deck
Why would you waste your money on that shit?
It's about as portable as a brick, the battery life is nonexistent, and the hardware will be obsolete in months.
At least proper handhelds have dedicated games made for them, this shit runs pc games only: half of them are so badly optimized you could have trouble playing shit from 2017 with the best of today's rigs (looking at you, battletech).
I don't even want to imagine how bad shit will run on it.
>>
File: 1660236986640022.png (659 KB, 465x512)
659 KB
659 KB PNG
>>2794385
>you claim
>you claim
take your healing roots, you are talking to multiple people pointing your logical fallacies
>>
>>2794397
>Why would you waste your money on that shit?
To play Gothic 2 in bed obviously
>>
>>2794398
Rebutal as pathethic as the previous one.
>>
File: 1617638538207.png (225 KB, 503x551)
225 KB
225 KB PNG
>deranged pollack can't handle that muliple people might not blindly worship his favorite mod, starts yelling about samefag
>>
>>2794400
I will never understand the fascination some people have for doing everything in bed.
At least your steam deck won't spread crumbles on it I guess. There are worse things.
>>
>>2794403
I really despise gothic modding scene sometimes, either some headcanon autism(see above) or sweatlord autism where we balance for 5 people who are still interested
>>
>>2794407
It was just a bit of a joke, but it is nice to have a gaming device you can just take anywhere. Play a bit in bed if you're into that, play on the couch, take it with you on trips. Can't do that with my PC. Plus I like the idea of a dedicated gaming device but don't like the idea of walled gardens which other console are.
Also the points of battery life and it becoming obsolete are only really an issue if you play the latest AAA games which I haven't for close to a decade. I'll be fine.

Anyway, enough off-topic about this thing.
>>
Is Gothic 3 worth to play? I just started it and it's quite different from the first two, I don't like it so far.
>>
>>2794457
once yes, replayability is questionable
I really liked Varant region
>>
>>2794457
If you like the world and music it's worth playing through once
The combat and story/quests won't get any better, so if after the first couple towns you still hate it you might as well quit
>>
>>2794457
It's pretty repetitive so like >>2794469 said if you don't enjoy the core gameplay after 2-3 towns then it's not gonna get much better.
>>
Chronicles of Myrtana Archolos question
anyone remembers what are the exact requirements for promotions/specalizations within city guard / araxos trading guild ranks?
I want to be a crossbowman but I don't want to join guards again, I am wondering if crossbow training would cover the bow skill requirements
>>
>>2794476
You only need 40% proficiency to get the promotion, you're going to get that without any LP investment on the way to to crossbow mastery anyway.
>>
>>2794469
>>2794457
Except that the game doesn't get better until you get some levels, proficiency and teleport stones going on. Early gothic 3 is such abysmal garbage especially Ardea Reddock Cape Dun is the biggest pleb filter in the game. These three stupid locations, added with the absolutely abysmal early game combat and development completely killed off any interest for most players.
>>
>>2794498
That's funny, I actually thought the early game was ok in gothic 3, shit started becoming annoying from Montera onward since you're literally doing the same shit you just did in Cape Dun over and over again for every new city. Not even going to Varant or Nordmar changes anything.
>>
>>2794498
Some new abilities can change things up (like new spells or mana regeneration if you're playing a mage) but 90% of the game is going to be using the same strategy to fight the same enemies dropping the same shit, unless you like exploring and doing the plethora of quests then the game is really repetitive.
>>
>>2794498
Eh, I always like the middle part of Gothic 3 the most. It's when your build starts to go online and you feel starting stronger.
Then endgame really sucks, fuck the ancient temples with the undead mages that shoot heat-seeking missiles that straight up one-shot you and fuck liberating cities as anything but a mage
>>
honestly my biggest pet peeve with Gothic 3 is how it looks
something about the art style felt dated even then, meanwhile Gothic 1-2 with it's blocky face and axe hewn textures still looks fine
maybe it is the color palette and baked in bloom
>>
>>2793703
>>2793709
>>2793716
>>2793718
>>2793721
Odyssey is my canon.
Roland btfo orcs and assassins.
>>
>>2795590
Did they ever re-do the German voice acting? Roland sounded like shit and it made me stop playing along with the retarded "kill a hundred scavengers" quests
>>
>>2794081
armor designs are more practical looking compared to other games
personally I think I like the crossbowman armor even with somewhat goofy looking kettle helmet
>>
>>2795796
I must say that there is something enjoyable with the aesthetics of the textures, specially the ones in G1 old camp, a mix of its of realistic and also cartoon'y/fantasy style.
On another note, while a lot of folks like to crap on voice acting, I feel like using an american VAs is more interesting than having another bloke with British cockney accents for the protagonist.
>>
>>2796472
>On another note, while a lot of folks like to crap on voice acting, I feel like using an american VAs is more interesting than having another bloke with British cockney accents for the protagonist.
Gothic voice acting is uneven as fuck. The unnamed hero is voiced alright through all three games, but the casting changes in g3 were shit and there are shit performances spread all over the series (Bromor comes to mind).
>>
>>2796524
Bromor is kino you pleb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb8IeEQ7OPg&ab_channel=GaroK
>>
File: zombiebro.png (3.45 MB, 1276x1364)
3.45 MB
3.45 MB PNG
what the fuck is he looking at
>>
>>2773588
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL0XZWUOuvo
gothic is wild man
>>
>>2796876
at your soul

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.