[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 124 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 19th Birthday 4chan!

File: 1660721048233.jpg (120 KB, 960x544)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>Etrian Odyssey is dead
>PS Vita and all the DRPGs that went on there are dead
>western indie devs that make DRPGs suck ass
>no good releases in years
Is there any hope left?
>>
Why isn't the Western indie market doing anything about this?
Some dude made a shitty Harvest Moon clone while there was a farming game drought and made mad banks. Where the fuck is the ConcernedApe of DRPGs?
>>
>>2767125
they seem to prefer realtime/Dungeon Master-style ones
>>
File: ss-yomibana.jpg (141 KB, 1280x721)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
at least Experience is still around making games
>>
Now that October approaches I really miss Coven of Dusk/Hundred Knight style anime edge

Can't wait to grow sick of Labyrinth of Galleria postgame
>>
Is Etrian really dead or does Atlus just too busy pumping their cocks toe SMT to make anything else?
>>
>>2767259
They mentioned it still being alive in a famitsu interview last year but no real details. I'd guess they didn't really start development until after SMTV released
>>
>>2767166
>at least Experience is still around making the same game repeatedly
Not the worst thing compared to how many companies fuck shit up instead, but eh
>>
>>2767094
calling Dungeon Crawlers DRPGs are weeb levels of retarded but i agree it's not as big as it used to be and pretty much only a niche audience of otakus and grognards are keeping it on life support. I'd argue the Grimrock games are pretty good though even if the sequel was DOA
>>
>>2767290
>Grimrock games
>the last good western DRPG was released 10 years ago
>your only option today is weebshit
Pain.
>>
>>2767290
it's because people use "dungeon crawlers" to mean all sorts of things like roguelikes and Diablo, and "blobbers" sounds dumb
>>
>>2767290
LoG was squaredance.
>>
File: 1598610562467.png (672 KB, 600x600)
672 KB
672 KB PNG
>>2767125
What would be a easy engine for starting with a dungeon crawler?
>RPG Maker with 3D plugin
>Unreal
>Unity
>Godot
>GameMaker: Studio
>>
>>2767346
rpgmaker with 3D pretty much since the functions are already built in for that. replicating its systems to something like Wizardry is another matter though
>>
>>2767367
So I could making a viable dungeon crawler from the first person view with the rpg maker?
>>
>>2767290
DRPG is currently being used because the same faggots that use Rogue-like for everything now also use Dungeon Crawler for everything.
>>
>>2767320
>>
>>2767346
you can just grab any of them except rpg maker for them and do it in a month tops with some half decent programming skills
turn based games are as easy as 3 state machines stacked on top of each other in a trench coat, and the map + town is just other 2 state machines
>>
>>2767125
westoids can't code
and when they can, they suck ass at design
>>
>>2767456
And you faggots are doing the same to the RPG genre because your shitty hipster shovelwares are dying out. Good riddance.
>>
>>2767550
"RPG" has been a meaningless term for about 2 decades
congratulations on waking up from your coma
>>
The best modern DRPG is Slay the Spire
>>
>>2767560
But that's not a drpg
>>
>>2767566
Yes it is

Deckbuilding
Roguelite
Perfect
Game
>>
>>2767571
...I-I've been baited??!?
>>
>>2767094
>Weebshit DRPGs are dead
Good
>>
>>2767125
>>2767161
>>2767166
What we really need is for someone to give some spin to the formula, something to set it appart from games from the early 90s besides maybe a single gimmick during battles, most current J/WRPGs have very different design philosophies from ones 10, 20, 30 years ago, even when devs will gladly tell you they took inspiration wholesale from older games.
Also please don't fall on the trap of making every dungeon the same brick wall mazes or nondescript gloomy forest.
>>
>>2767670
>What we really need is for someone to give some spin to the formula, something to set it appart from games from the early 90s
see >>2767560
>>
>>2767560
>>2767566
>>2767674
Each run is a dungeon crawl with room after room of turn-based combat, streamlined to remove everything superfluous like puzzles, character creation replaced with strategic deck-building.
>>
>>2767670
>muh novelty
this always results in shit games
the few that are good as a result of muh novelty are good in spite of it, not because of it
>>
>>2767558
Lol, you're an irrational faggot.
>>
>>2767290
>even if the sequel was DOA
LoG2 was great though, pretty much everything you could want from a sequel
>>
Traditional Dungeon-crawlerlike
>>
Akalabethlike
Wizardrylike
>>
>>2767670
>What we really need is for someone to fuck everything you like about the genre up to appeal to normalfags.
How about no
>>
>>2767094
Persona Q games were good, but a little lame because Persona is too campy with their stories and characters these days (skip all dialogue in PQ and PQ2, it's fucking horrible) but the gameplay is good.
>>
>>2767094
Play SMT Strange Journey or Strange Journey Redux, great dungeon crawler. The remake is better for a lot of reasons, but it's definitely easier since you can instantly save anywhere you want, so it makes delving into any dungeon and exploring less stressful or risky.
>>
>>2767094
Mon-Yu is a Etrian Odyssey style game for the Switch, that's supposedly getting a Western release some time in early 2023.
>>
>>2767683
Yeah so something different from a drpg good point
>>
>>2767094
Thanks for reminding me that Valve banned DT2's PC port and DT2-2 is officially a never ever forever now.
>>
>>2767094
Play Shining the Holy Ark.
>>
>>2768317
It's by Experience though, I don't hate their games overall, but their class/combat design just doesn't come close to scratching the same itch EO does
I'll happily be wrong if they make something better than their previous games though
>>
>>2768445
I'd love to just see them make some wonky ass EOX-like game where they shove in all their classes at once, complete with subclassing, undernauts' skill points, summoner pet collecting etc. etc.. their games always feel like they're holding back a bit to be "simple" on purpose
>>
>>2768413
PSN is gone too, must be licenses
>>
File: 28337842.jpg (484 KB, 993x723)
484 KB
484 KB JPG
>>2768463
all experience games have the same classes though
the only reason EO party building is interesting is because classes always have explicit synergy like chains and follow-ups, elemental interactions, binds and statuses, it's like putting a puzzle together with multiple valid solutions
I think the rest of EO is highly overrated but this is one area that few other games approach as well it does
>>
>>2767094
explore backlog
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Dx3UoA-bARd4hpHK9gIZqdr9xdYjrJMftk1tKIYjDxo/edit#gid=391312691
>>
>Wizardry 8 mechanics and customization
>stylized japanese design and aesthetics
>tfw we will never get a game like this
>>
Would rather see the genre die forever than be continued by weebshit.
>>
File: 1660900181492.png (413 KB, 800x800)
413 KB
413 KB PNG
>>2768567
So you're a poser who doesn't really like it then, cool.
>>
>>2768578
If you take something that I like and then coat it in feces, then I'm not going to like it anymore.
>>
>>2768564
Never. Japanese people are lazy hacks and always doing old wizadrys drpgs.
>>
>>2768567
this, so much. the genre must remain pure and dead with honor, untouched by the dread influence of the nipponese
>>
>>2768585
It's been influenced by Japanese stuff from the beginning. There's a difference between that and now having your party composed entirely of cutesy cartoon characters. Your brain has to have rotted away to take that shit seriously.
>>
>>2767125
I'd like to make one. But I am a retarded idea guy so my ability to design something decent is probably nonexistent. I even know the general direction I'd like to go with it but it's the details that are the problem.
>>
>>2768564
>>2768584
Hell, not even need of anime, I'm fine with graphics where you don't need to turn your screen brightness all the way up to see shit.
>>
>>2767125
Because a shitty Harvest Moon clone already had an audience, like all the shitty Facebook boomer/mobile farming games, compared to those Stardew Valley is a masterpiece in game design and doesn't have microtransactions out the ass
DRPGs are a tiny niche and the people playing RPG-lite (mobile/gacha garbage) don't want something complex and challenging, they want to collect cute girls and get dopamine from randomness
>>
File: hina.png (1.58 MB, 1916x1060)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB PNG
>>2767094
Gonna shill Touhou Labyrinth 2, steam/switch release just dropped the 2 and added all the DLC shit into it by default.
>12 character party
>4 in front, 8 in rear
>heavy focus on swapping your frontline roster mid-fight to drop status effects, avoid damage on your frail damage dealers, replace dead tanks, or buff people
>significant and sometimes outright weird character synergy
>debuffs and status effects matter, especially against bosses, sometimes required
>even insta-death "can" work on probably a quarter of the bosses
Very grindy though, took about 100 hours for me to finish the main game and start post-game. Map also isn't nearly as interesting visually or intricate as Etrian games which is my biggest gripe. Fuck the temperature puzzle though on around floor 15.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1131920/LABYRINTH_OF_TOUHOU__GENSOKYO_AND_THE_HEAVENPIERCING_TREE/
Or give it a pirate, worth trying at least. Theres a bunch of old "2" versions floating around before the graphic update that play at like 800x600 res so try to find the switch/steam version to pirate for a way more normal resolution.
>>
>>2768748
did peso finally fix the problem of multiple skills flat out doing nothing at all
>>
>>2768757
Yes and no, I think one of Ran's skills is still wrong but majority of them got fixed.
>>
File: darkspire-8.png (94 KB, 256x384)
94 KB
94 KB PNG
>>2768738
The Dark Spire probably has the best synergy of the two things i think.
>>
>>2768564
>>stylized japanese design and aesthetics
Yeah, no thanks. Not if it means most/all characters will look like children.
>>
Moe Chronicle and Moe Crystal are directed by the same guy who directed Digital Devil Saga 2. Are they good? Or did he just coast off of what was already set up for him in Digital Devil Saga 1, and make shovelware afterwards?
>>
>>2769583
It makes more sense to me now why DDS2 is worse than DDS1.
>>
>DRPG thread finally turned into RPG Codex-tier complaining about the genre
Better than being dead?
>>
>>2769603
*this* is the DRPG thread, anon
>>
>>2768748
I want to play this game, but I suck ass at it. And I can't do the Brave Clear thingy very well. I'm not good at using brain.
Is the switch version good? Does a physical version exisrs?
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (143 KB, 782x1000)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
>>2769534
i was actually thinking more in the lines of Elminage or Wizardry Empires like how Starfish does them. They have a more sensible aesthetic when it comes to them
>>
>>2769534
How do people like this exist on 4chan of all places
>>
>>2767259
>>2767268
It was dead because nexus was suppose to be a send-off, and being that the future console/handheld didn't have the same drawing-by-hand capabilities of DS and 3DS, that was what the team at the time said. But as anon said: there was an announcement about Etrian Odyssey being worked on (around same time RF5 came back, which also was a surprise because Neverland died, but Nintendo just handed off the license to a different group.)
>>
>>2769616
>Brave Clear thingy
I'm not quite sure what you mean, but no I dont think theres a physical version. Switch/steam are basically identical.
>>
>>2769617
translators working on megaweeb shit and no one touches the elminage gamess
>>
>>2769620
You're years far too late to complain about normalfaggotry taking over 4chan.
>>
>>2769671
probably because elminage games are dogshit
>>
>>2768317
Sadly, just because it has lolis it's not an EO game.
>>
>>2769684
>Has cunny.
>Not EO.
Unironically an improvement.
>>
>>2769671
>>2769678
To be fair, in theory they should be simple to translate because they're the type of game that are light on plot/dialogue and because you get many descriptions of what items/skills do, much of the text will be same-y, in practice you'll need to hack the game files and there aren't that many people with the required skills to alter PS2/DS/PSP/3DS games. Good thing that hacking of consoles more recent than the SNES has increased in speed lately.
>>
>>2769617
>Elminage
I love that game.
>>
>>2769667
>I'm not quite sure what you mean
Killing a boss under a certain level.

>dont think theres a physical version
Shhhhhhhit, Oh well, thanks anyways!
>>
>>2769666
I figured that Nexus was just "The Last DS game" and not the ending of the series itself.
>>
>>2768317
Can't wait for /v/ to shit up the board with censorship wars over the fact that whoever localizing this game is going to understand that they can't have what absolutely looks like a baby in a string bikini show up and not have the game labelled as a grooming simulator.
>>
>>2769741
Oh right that you can kinda cheese your average party level by just removing members, that way you can have 11 members that are definitely over boss level but still meet the target because missing members.
>>
>>2769750
>a baby
its weird seeing a generation growing up learning about chibis all over again
>>
>>2769766
To be fair, chibis and SD characters were very rarely put in sexy outfits. They were typically suppose to be the "kiddie" versions of characters.
>>
>>2769750
I'm not expecting that to be changed desu
>>
>>2769780
Internet in general also wasn't quite as horny 20 years ago either but hey.
>>
>>2769750
Things like this wouldn't be a problem if Japanese companies just took the L, let the ESRB slap an M or AO rating on the game, and then just sell it through an online store. I know it was a scam when Koei-Tecmo did it, but it still worked and they sold more than they would have normally.
>>
>>2769764
That's a way to do thing, and I guess the game is so sadistic that you should just exploit things. If you aren't cheating, you aren't trying.
But man is the game mean.
What would be the best way to play the game? Switch or computer? I like doing multiplle things at the same time, and I feel like mindlessly farming while doing something else to make it less painful.
>>
>>2769617
Yeah fair enough, I do like that mature & baroque style. The dearth of animation in such games makes them feel a little too 'abstract' for me, however.

>>2769620
I can appreciate anime with a mature style, I just think it's weird and unhealthy for men to wholly immure themselves within a childish aesthetic. Surely that's a symptom of something gone terribly wrong.
>>
>>2769822
I know this is beating a dead horse (especially since the worst otaku took over graphic design as a whole in Japan), but there's still plenty of fairly masculine fantasy art made by the Japanese. It's just that those don't sell as well, so you hardly ever see them used in anything.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (659 KB, 1917x1075)
659 KB
659 KB JPG
>>2769815
> If you aren't cheating, you aren't trying.
You are 100% encouraged to abuse any mechanic that works for you because the game sure as fuck isn't holding back against you. Pic related, the boss i'm hard stuck on right now.
If I had a switch I might have gotten the switch version just to grind in bed but i've just been playing the steam version and alt tabbing into the game while waiting for shit to pop in whatever dumbass MMO im also grinding on.
>>
>>2769822
>with a mature style
Again with the normie talk. What is "mature" about Yotsuba?
>>
File: 1651937485896.jpg (75 KB, 1075x955)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>2769828
Just stop committing sin.
It's that easy.
>>
>>2769829
you will never get a straight answer, they just like to virtue signal their so called "maturity" but never elaborate on what the fuck that is
>>
>>2767125
Honestly, I feel that the only reason why western indie devs are shit at it is that westerners in general tend to abhor "outdated" genres.

>>2768744
It's FAR less cynical than that. The company that actually makes Harvest Moon games split with the Western publisher. The Western Publisher then started making knock-offs because they owned the rights to the name "Harvest Moon" and the original Devs had to release the original games as "Story of Seasons". A lot of people had no idea what was going on, so all they knew was that "Harvest Moon" suddenly took a nosedive in quality. Stardew Valley took advantage of that, and a ton of people played it instead.
>>
>>2769851
The Story of Seasons games are pretty shitty too.
>>
>>2769851
>westerners in general tend to abhor "outdated" genres.
Translation
>Westerners in general tend to abhor anything that isn't a meme open world with litter cleaning gameplay and hollywood graphixs due to their low attention spans.
>>
>>2769870
Mmkay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYELHg_Qv68&list=PL52C40159A7DDB8FA&index=3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhXG1mho9-s&list=PL52C40159A7DDB8FA&index=4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pOMP0ja3nU&list=PLF3sECcU-eWxGE1gpsBI54Mu2SMu9qGJ0&index=14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCZjnuS6ESc&list=PL40BC111AA2B81B61&index=6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1_7UQHIDcA&list=PL40BC111AA2B81B61&index=23
>>
>>2769829
She isn't plastered everywhere, I only see her when I catch a ban. You're making a retarded straw-man argument. There are quite obviously many boards and users here that have nothing to do with loli-culture.

>>2769846
What is ambiguous about my answer? What is not straightforward about not finding moeshit relatable as a grown man? Seems you guys are just lashing out defensively.
>>
>>2769828
Unfortunately, I'm not really good at seeing and abusing the mechanics.
>>
>>2769896
If just testing boss weaknesses
>Frontline Komachi, Wriggle, Kasen, Reisen
>Spam death, poison, shock, and debuffs. See if anything sticks
Deaths might take a few tries because almost all bosses have 100% death resist, however Reisen lowers all enemy resistances so its more like 90-95%. Other bosses have like 150-200% death resist so you can't cheat it that way.
Poison is just great in general against bosses that can be poisoned
Shock can be used by a lot of characters to stop bosses from spamming bullshit, so if its shock weak you can potentially stunlock a boss if you field enough people with it. Later on you'll get Yuyuko who does a better job at Death fishing.

Kogasa and Parsee for Terror, Mystia for Silence, Yuugi and Alice for Heavy, all of which cut boss stats by a significant amount (Heavy reduces phys defense by 50%) which also stack with regular stat debuffs.
Throwing Cirno out as a sacrificial lamb because one of her skills inflicts an unavoidable 50% speed debuff to all enemies when she dies, even against things that are immune to debuffs.
Using Aya to grant free turns to people who just took a long delay turn like Yuugi or Nitori to really nuke the fuck out of something.
Lunarian characters, Rumia, and Iku all have defense-ignoring abilities
Nitori in general just being insane because of the "all equipment have double their effect" skill
Main Equips that do things like "Add shock/poison/etc effects to attack" stack with attacks that already do shock/poison/whatever to increase the chance.

Can't really think of other dumb tricks off the top of my head, though there are fights that are just pure damage races and those always suck.
>>
>>2769906
I wished the wiki could tell that.
So all in all, it's mass grinding until you can break the game?
>>
>>2769912
Wiki has a lot of this, most of it is in boss strategies per boss or in the gameplay tab. You don't have to turbogrind to get pass bosses because they're designed for the challenge level but grinding exists as a way to get over most of them.
Postgame bosses past level 100 seem to just not care about your level and just hit you with whatever bullshit they can like my screenshot of my 30k hp tank getting blasted with a 600k attack + instadeath just in case you survived the damage.
>>
>>2769912
Like pretty much any other number-heavy and mechanics-heavy JRPG under the sun, the more you know how to figure out the mechanics, the less you have to grind.
It's not hard at all to wipe the floor with bosses while being hilariously underleveled if you know exactly how to cheese them.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b80tVg8DkwI
I didnt' know this was getting a pc port, is it as good/fun as the original labyrinth of refrain?
>>
>>2768748
Is it named something else for switch? I'm probably a retard but can't find it
>>
>>2770084
I have no idea how switch store works honestly if you can just search "gensokyo" by name or whatever
>>
>>2768748
>Gonna shill Touhou Labyrinth 2
Gotta agree, even if it feels railroaded at times in the earlygame bosses. Ultra-postgame can be a cunt too.
>>
>>2768748
>>2770212
Does the postgame get super grindy and is the stage exploration there annoying? I kinda stopped playing shortly before the end of the game iirc, the floors just got too annoying, I barely made it through the temperature shit, but the teleporter/jumping tiles right after were too annoying
>>
File: file.png (713 KB, 1001x596)
713 KB
713 KB PNG
>>2770266
Postgame has like two stages, one is just re-exploring some extra areas in old floors for enhanced bosses which feels pretty standard to the rest of the game, then theres more after that which turns into disgaea-tier numberfaggotry.
Theres no more dumbass things like the temperature gimmick though in postgame, just raw map filling with sometimes interesting patterns.
>>
>>2770212
>Levels in the 500+
>HPs in the 100 000+
>MP in two digits
Holy shit.
>>
>>2770307
MP is more tightly controlled in scaling there, because the game is balanced around having a very limited number of spells and the concentration mechanic, which pretty much restores MP, and the backrow mechanics, which IIRC do the same.
You're supposed to rotate your guys (well, girls) instead of having one DPS do nothing but stand there spamming the same thing all fight.
>>
>>2770307
50+ MP is pretty damn good when you spent all of the regular game in the 10s and 20s
>>
File: Spoiler Image (209 KB, 663x1200)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
>>2769822
it's a mixed bag even if "Japanese Aesthictics" usually ends up being moeshit in most people. the more traditional TTRPGs in japan do tend to use more realistic yet fantastical styles but that reminds me of the crazier days of MtG card artwork back in the 90s/early 00s
>>
>>2770266
>Does the postgame get super grindy
The very, very endgame is somewhat grindy, yes. Luckily there's easy areas to farm at.
>and is the stage exploration there annoying?
Varies. Nothing quite as complex as the temp puzzles come to mind, but there's dark sections of some maps that can be annoying if you're a memorylet, and some low-tier ice tile puzzles too.
>>
>>2767687
>the few that are good as a result of muh novelty are good in spite of it, not because of it
Do you have problem with basic sentence structure?
>>
File: 1661724684178877.jpg (3.46 MB, 4032x3024)
3.46 MB
3.46 MB JPG
>>2767094
The biggest issue with dungeon crawlers is that they never evolved. They only exception are games like Wizadry 8 or Kings Field.
The rest of the modern dungeon crawlers are still stuck in the early 90s. Eye of the beholder, etc. had the visuals and labyrinthic square like dungeon layout because of the hardware limitation but why does we need exactly the same in games like EO?
>>
>>2770599
Why do they need to evolve? They're already as good as they can get.
>>
>>2770602
Because Wizardry 8 and Kings Field are much better than the conservative dungeon crawlers?
And we got nice things like Demons Souls thx to Kings Field.
>>
>>2770606
if wizardry 8 was so good, where's wizardry 9?
>>
>>2770606
If Wizardry 8 is better, why did no one try to replicate it at any point in the last 20 years? Why is everyone still sticking to replicating Wizardry 1?
>>
>>2770723
>>2770795
Well anyone autistic enough to know of Wiz8 back then and specially now would be aware of what happened during its development and that its developer went out of business soon after and say "nah I'm not trying that shit"
>>
>>2770827
>Wizardry 8 was so shit it literally killed the dev team.
Something something if it ain't broke don't fix it.
This is why only retards think DRPGs should "evolve".
>>
>>2768748
I love this game. I'm curious though, how did other anons play through the main game?

I've seen people talk about grinding but personally I barely had to do any outside of some of the last bosses to get closer to the recommended level. Being able to freely reset your characters (outside of library levels) made me constantly change my party to fit the situation, so it hit a sweet spot between getting your party stronger while also being a puzzle of how to change my party up to actually beat the boss. Though I think a big part of playing the game like this was me not realizing how strong library levels could be (and also that you don't have much else to spend your money on).

Sadly after the main game I feel like you have no way around focusing on a main party. I haven't finished the Plus Disk stuff but you really gotta invest into your characters to survive some of those bosses.
>>
>>2770723
>>2770795
Why pick Wizardry and not Kings Field? Kings Field was better than any dungeon crawler out there and even evolved in Demons Souls and a completely new genre.
>>
>>2770828
See>>2770895
>>
>kings field
>good
lmfao fromdrones are fucking pathetic
>>
DT2 is great isn't it OP? I love the characters, portraits get sexy too

The game got surprisingly hard in spots, it was so cutesy I thought I was in for a ride
>>
>>2770895
>evolved in Demons Souls and a completely new genre.
Metroidvanias aren't a new genre.
Metroidvanias with shitty combat aren't a new genre either, the forced "souls-like" moniker isn't going to change that.
>>
>>2770895
wiz is party based to start things off. and DeS being an "evolution" of KF is retarded. lovely games but completely irrelevant to this topic in every measure
>>
>>2770895
Why do you insist on King's Field so much when you don't even control a party of multiple characters in it? It may be a dungeon crawler, but it's not a DRPG like older Wizardries or Etrian Odyssey. By this logic, Skyrim is a DRPG as well, and everyone here understands that saying THAT would be absolutely retarded.
>mentioning Demon's Soul and Wizardry in the same context
Let me tell you something I should have told you earlier: get the fuck out of here. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
File: 1662572360084361.png (623 KB, 739x804)
623 KB
623 KB PNG
>Doom
>Half-Life
>RtCW
>Call of Duty
Man I love FPS games

>Wizardry
>Ultima Underworld
>Lands of Lore
>Kings Field
>Wizardry 8
REEEEEEEE KF AND WIZARDRY 8
>>
>>2768748
based touhou shill. swapping around a party of 12 2hus is genuinely a lot of fun
>>
>>2768748
I know Labyrinth of 2hu is well liked but I think it's a bummer that it's not first person. You're basically just moving around a minimap.
>>
>>2770908
Is there any way to play it in English?
>>
>>2771038
Good luck building them.
>>
>>2771140
everyone levels up more or less equally so it hardly matters
>>
>>2768430
this game needs a port to anything modern
>>
>>2771150
No I meant, the skills.
>>
File: general team.png (1.71 MB, 1591x647)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB PNG
>>2770833
I played through the main game on Hard, so there wasn't much grinding involved for me due to the various limits imposed on you. Sometimes an extra level or two really can make or break shit in the early game, but generally it's more figuring out the boss gimmick/s and changing your comp/gear from there. Some characters are just flat out better than others though, and the game gets a hell of a lot harder if you're not using one of them. Nitori especially comes to mind because of how early you get her and how fucking broken she can be.
By the time I really started to dig into Plus Disk content I was already more or less focusing on a core group of people, so there wasn't a huge mixup in my team comp. You're definitely encouraged to heavily invest in a core group of people though, which kinda sucks if you're not swimming in reset tomes or just want to fuck around without having to grind the Infinite Corridor.
>>
>>2771226
>Lvl696.
>Reisen.
Something about sex appeal.
>>
>>2771226
You guys sure this game is on switch? I can't find it.
>>
>>2771469
Japan only
>>
>>2767094
>Grimwah was 5 years ago
jesus, this genre is dead
>>
>>2771118
the vita version is localized
>>
>>2768748
Great game when fighting bosses.
Exploring the dungeon and the random encounters? Not so much.
Also post game is kicking my ass, I am stuck.
>>
>>2771503
Ah that would explain the problem
>>
>>2771668
you can wipe random encounters in 1-2 actions though, they don't even get a turn unless you manage to miss
>>
>>2771503
Ah the assholes!
>>
>>2767346
RPGMaker just need a single super easy to use plugin and BAM, all set for a 3D first person dungeon crawler
>>
>>2770606
Fuck yeah, King's Field rocks. Forgive me, but I'd love some more moeshit difficult drpgs or King's Field but hot
>>
>>2770212
To the left - friendzoning
To the right - rape
>>
Im playing Savior of Sapphire wings
It's comfy
>>
Im playing dark spire but im tired of bumping my head on every single wall and no side strafing. Also won the gambling game 5 times without the gambling skill im awesome.
>>
>>2772209
you'd have to dive in slightly a bit deeper to modify combat to be a bit more like your typical Wiz-inspired game, but yeah it really is that simple. there's plugins out there like a minimap feature or skills based on limited consumption as opposed to the baked-in default skill resources. once you get those running, the bare minimal for the genre is very easily achievable
>>
>>2772898
I've seen some wild shit done in RPGmaker. Mystery dungeon, shmups, beatemups, a racing game once I think.
Most people don't even go beyond default tileset as far as effort goes, just slap in portraits and import someone fisting a jar of mayo.wav and bam new $10 porn game on steam.
>>
>>2769620
>How do people like this exist on 4chan of all places
A lot of people only come to 4chan because they aren't tolerated anywhere else.
>>
>>2772941
>not even other westoid normalfags tolerate westoid normalfags now
what a world
no wonder every english gaming community is an utter trash fire nowadays
>>
>>2772941
Ok trooner
>>
>>2769620
I never watched a anime nor read a manga in my entire life and I'm on 4chan since 2004.
>>
>>2774048
Ur missing out faglord
>>
>>2772684
How is it? Not too anime?
>>
>>2767094
Just play one of the old classics without the anime aesthetic then.
What about the original bards tale? The remake is fine too.
>>
I want to get into etrian odyssey, I see there are 3ds remakes for the first 2 games, should I play these or stick to the originals?
>>
>>2775759
Play the originals if you aren't a pussy
>>
>>2775759
Play the remakes if you aren't a masochistic retard that likes exploiting broken game mechanics and few viable party building choices
>>
>>2775759
Just start with 3.
>>
>>2775759
Just start with 1.
>>
>>2775759
Go play Mars Matrix
>>
the genre became stagnant honestly
>>
>>2775759
You should play both given how much the maps are changed, and for the overall experience of playing every title in order. If you don't have much time then I do recommend at very least doing the remakes.
>>
>>2772209
unless you really want the party building mechanics, yeah, there is a 3D RPGMaker plugin out now that you can just use and make your own 3D dungeon in.
>>
>>2775002
Nah its not too anime
At least not on the moeshit side if that's what you are concerned about
You can customize your party to be whatever, but they are statick characters story wise and they come with a set build too in case you have no idea what to do
Decent music too, can be comfy and hype
>>
>>2769583
Yu Godai?
>>
>>2775759
Play Etrian Odyssey IV first (Or Persona Q if you're into it)

They're the easiest games in the series, and maybe not as good as the others, but still very good. Persona Q2 is not very good though.

After that, if you want more, play in release order
1, 2, 3, 1U, 2U, 5, Nexus.

Make sure to play on the hardest difficulty, it's not masochistic and you won't appreciate EO as much if you play on easier difficulties.

If that's not enough for you

The guy who Directed EO1 also made 7th Dragon, 7th Dragon 2020, Criminal Girls, Last Ranker, Dragon Quest Builders, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Fate Extra, and is making a remake Fate Extra Record

The guy who directed EO4 and PQ also made the 3 Wii Trauma Center games and Persona 5 Scramble

The guy who directed all the other ones also made Nora and the Time Studio (DS), and Shin Megami Tensei V.
>>
>>2776691
Yu Godai and Satomi Tadashi wrote DDS2, but Makoto Kitano Directed DDS2. Hashino Directed DDS1
>>
>>2777468
Ah yes, Trauma Center, finally another DRPG to sink my teeth into
I get recommending games based on people involved, but if it's a completely different genre it seems pretty pointless
>>
does anyone have that recommendation picture for the etrian oddysey games?
>>
Bought Class Of Heroes on my switch
This game is unforgiving as fuck
>>
File: 1596215136279.jpg (3.02 MB, 2800x4100)
3.02 MB
3.02 MB JPG
>>2778395
This one?
>>
File: 1598732301017.jpg (3.49 MB, 5550x2200)
3.49 MB
3.49 MB JPG
>>2778643
this one probably
>>
>>2767094
Next Stage will get a release date any day now!
>>
>>2778643
>>2778795
it was the second one, but thank you both
>>
File: firefox_L785ghtRA0.jpg (433 KB, 1920x1080)
433 KB
433 KB JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atRAfQnRhEs
>>
>>2779018
Good taste, I already backed that yesterday
>>
>>2779018
Are they gonna localize it? Looks great, but I can't into moon
>>
>>2779018
>spider tits
Nice.
>completely different art style between monster and characters
Not nice.
>>
Are there any other DRPG's with a focus on constantly applying/removing multiple debuffs + statuses and doing/taking 10+ hits a turn like Demon Gaze? I've tried a lot of them since back then, but none of them have scratched this specific itch of doing busywork in losing battles.
>>
>>2780252
EO depending on the game and your party setup
In EO2U I basically ran a party that depended on locking the boss down with binds and ailments during which my main damage dealer dealt extra damage, so I had to manage CC/Buff windows, most games in the series have classes that focus on buffs/debuffs/statuses and they're usually viable too
>>
>>2780252
Probably the rest of Experience Inc's catalogue, though that'll probably be too samey and familiar after coming from Demon Gaze. Most boss fights in their games boil down to swift applications of evasion/hit rate manipulation at the absolute least.
>>
will there ever be a third person drpg?
>>
>>2780331
Potato Flowers In Full Bloom maybe?
exploration is in first person but combat is in third person, also opening the menu switched the view to third person
>>
>>2779018
link?
>>
Is the biggest audience keeping DRPGs "alive" people with potato computers?
>>
>>2780741
Yes
>>
>>2769750
Except they can, they choose not to.
>>
>>2779018
>yuri love triangles as a game mechanic
Sure, why not?
>>
File: 1642849075808.webm (1.55 MB, 512x448)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB WEBM
>>2767094
>he does not know
>>
File: cuck_is_dead.png (401 KB, 626x291)
401 KB
401 KB PNG
haha
>>
>>2780741
Yes, but that's besides the point.
There's nothing stopping anyone from spending a ton of time and effort on the graphixs, but the primary appeal is sheer turn based gameplay, so there's no point.
>>
>>2767125
I was trying to make one for the NES as a hobby project, but it's really just turned into an FF1 romhack at this point.
>>
File: lick rock.jpg (15 KB, 162x302)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
love this homo like you wouldnt fucking believe
>>
>>2781213
game ?
>>
>>2781213
Please telp me this is real and not just a mock animation
>>
>>2784866
>lame
ftfy
>>
File: file.png (30 KB, 768x672)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
>>2784866
>>2785335
Its someone's dev project on /jp/, and no its not finished and probably not playable
>>
>>2784866
>>2785335
>>2785424
you're in luck because a demo came out recently, still in development though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTqaZLX5PGY
https://potemki11.itch.io/th-adia
>>
>>2778795

This pic is wrong you don't have to draw the maps at all. Neve have, never will. There's a feature for that. Only put down doors and shortcuts.
>>
I only had fun with Kings Field and some of the Daggerfall dungeons.
>>
>>2767094
Labyrinth of Galleria comes out earl next year.
The potato game that came out on steam looks fun too.
>>
I need a list of vita crawlers, even the untranslated ones.
>>
File: Vita DRPGS (Updated).jpg (1.72 MB, 2094x1760)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB JPG
>>2790031
>>
>>2790076
Nice
>>
Now i need a stable vita emulator, chop chop
>>
Does Mary Skelter Finale pick up suddenly at all? I liked the first two games and still like the style + characters of the 3rd, but I just finished Eiserne Tower and it still feels like a huge slog.

I feel like giving it a rest and just playing either Monark or Strangers of Sword City/Savior of Sapphire Wings at this point.
>>
>>2791060
By now you should have access to several classes and more options for equipment and builds, but if you're not enjoying the triple party setup that's not going to change for the rest of the game.
>>
No mentions of this one?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1768650/Path_of_the_Abyss/
https://twitter.com/suzuki_suzuzou
>>
Should i play the original mary skelter on my vita to apreciate the changed of the "remake" released with 2 or is not worth it?
>>
>>2791097
If you think you'd be willing to play the same game twice then go for it. Otherwise you can just play the remake.
>>
>>2790076
I should probably read ToHeart2 before playing Dungeon Travelers.
>>
>>2791097
Not worth it at all, but I sometimes miss how over the top the dungeons were. Remake+2 onward feel like intentionally designed puzzle dungeons, whereas the chaotic dungeons of Nightmares fits better with the actual lore of how the dungeons were formed. In short, autism is the only reason to care about the vita version.
>>
>>2791083
I guess I'll try it again later then, thanks. Any idea whether I need to play Savior before Stranger? I think I'd prefer creating my own units.
>>
>>2791108
I sort of did it the other way around, I played dt for 5-10 hours before heading into the vn. It helps that everyone has an ingame profile for newcomers
>>
File: 2022040422210900.jpg (258 KB, 1280x720)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
>>2791113
There's some light references to Savior but Stranger takes place in a totally different era, there's no need to play it first
btw Monark is also a huge slog although I liked it
>>
If I had to play only one game from the Experience Inc. library which one should I play?
>>
>>2785424
Does it also has monster recruitment like SMT?
>>
How is Kowloon on the switch.
>>
>>2792120
Sword city or demon gaze

The way demon gaze handles your 6th party member is more interesting that the other exp games
>>
>>2781213
It's funny because the kedama design comes from FOEs in Etrian Odyssey
>>
is there anything new coming out without the fucking lolis? I get they need to appeal to the pedo lobby in Japan, but for fuck sake
>>
File: FOE.png (642 KB, 680x383)
642 KB
642 KB PNG
>>2792673
Isn't it great how it came full circle?

>>2792810
Sorry bro try the latest playstation AAA hits full of manfaced strong independant womxn.
>>
>>2792810
Katabasis: The Darkness Syndrome is coming out, but I think its chinese and needs a translation
>>
What does Etrian Odyssey Next Stage need to have so people say "oh yes this was totally worth the wait"?
>>
>>2792907
there has been no news from Atlus in over 4 years. the game is vaporware at this point
>>
>>2792936
And so were Persona 5 and SMT V until they got released for real. Atlus is simply one of those companies that announces products way too early.
They could delay it into the next Nintendo console which could be announced at any moment
>>
>>2785476
That music is making me ROCK HARD.
>>
>>2792810
They are the only ones paying
>>
How long are you gonna keep necrobumping this thread bro
Just let it die
>>
File: 2022040423234600.jpg (271 KB, 1280x720)
271 KB
271 KB JPG
>>
>>2793848
You seem lost
>>>/v/ is that way
>>
File: 61458454_p0.png (105 KB, 525x492)
105 KB
105 KB PNG
Has anyone triggered the Hinakawa's bathing scene in the english PS4 version of Kowloon High School? Despite having the Japanese skill maxed out i'm not getting it and i was wondering if it's because it was removed in the western version.
>>
>>2794426
generals aren't allowed here. just let the thread die. no one but you is bumping this dead thread
>>
>>2793848
>>2794555
Exactly, Dungeon Travelers 2-2 solved the genre, pack your things.
>>
>>2794555
>generals aren't allowed here
Good thing this is not a general then.
>>
File: 20200913145811.png (851 KB, 1920x1080)
851 KB
851 KB PNG
>>2794479
I didn't see it either and suspected the same, or that it was removed from the port
>>
>>2767670
I agree with you entirely. What things can we come up with? We can hope our ideas we pluck from the ether will get peeped by lurking devs who aren't even devs yet and might get inspired to make a great game.

Switching out party members is one I can think of, along with linking attacks.
>>
>ctrl+f zangetsu
>0 results
really? i'm still waiting for a dump but it's been out for a few days now. might just cave in and buy it but surprised no one is talking about it
>>
>>2795006
I was going to play it but after spooky month.
>>
>>2795010
why after and not during?
>>
>>2795016
Because i'm playing other shit and after playing this shit i will play other shit and game doesn't seem to have enough spooky shit to be among the shit i'll be playing.
>>
>>2795019
o i c
>>
>>2795006
Is this another early release for Japan or what? Isn't out on Steam for me
>>
>>2795127
yea jp switch only for now
probably steam in 2023
>>
>>2795006
good news, dump is out
>>
File: 2022_10_02_2374372.jpg (1.72 MB, 2560x2400)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB JPG
>>2795859
noice

emulating on my steamdeck, game would crash on the first name entry screen but worked after installing the update

laughed out loud when i saw the DLC for this game, who the fuck remembers Mind Zero? i sure as fuck regret sinking 40 hours into it.

also it's been a while since i played a drpg and i forgot how fun it is to build your team from scratch, rolling stats for them and customizing their profiles. from the start you can only assign 6 classes but there are additionally races (base stats) and alignments (unclear how exactly these will play out other than some vague descriptions)

this game has been on my radar for over a year now and i had pretty low expectations considering the dev team (kaerupanda) made shitty iOS games prior to this but the artstyle has always intrigued me. but from the first 20 minutes i can already tell this is very much a real DRPG.

really excited to dig into this, and wish they'd just released directly to pc. i'd pay for it but i'm not playing it on my shitty ass switch, especially with this game you'd want access to the toggle magnifier feature/fsr that the steamdeck has with font this small.
>>
File: 2346362.jpg (3.81 MB, 4800x2720)
3.81 MB
3.81 MB JPG
>>2796179
this is mind zero btw
>>
>>2795859
can't find it in the usual places, could you give me a link? Check nxbrew and nsw2u.
>>
>>2796214
Nevermind it was on nsw2u.
>>
File: 23478293.jpg (1.26 MB, 2560x1440)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB JPG
>>2796218
aye

>>2796179
also the other dlcs portraits are from akiba's beat and class of heroes
>>
>>
>>2794677
apparently it's in the english ps4 version too but i have no clue how to see it.
>>
>>2794479
should haved played the ps2 version
apparently a bunch of content including endings got cut for this 'remaster'
>>
>>2796430
that's because this is a port of the original game, not the Re:Charged version.
>>
File: 238492809.jpg (1.31 MB, 2560x1600)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB JPG
there's item identification, fog of war (and torches/magic to pierce through it), traps and chests to disarm/break, puzzles.

you have the ablity to stealth inside a dungeon which lets you potentially move through an enemy tile without getting a battle.

magic is charge based (limited number of uses before you need to restore them in town or w/e), similar to the generation xth games.

seemingly no random encounters, but mobs may move on the map later. after the tutorial area it sounds like you have access to 3 different dungeons from the start. option for autosave and retry or a hardcode (aka normal) mode where you can only save in town w/no retries.

party members can be revived but it's not always a guarantee, sounds like permadeath is particularly possible if you get turned to ash.
>>
File: 1516317_20221002235549_1.png (1.39 MB, 1280x800)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB PNG
>buy weapon for monk
>didn't realize he leveled up and got unarmed proficiency which makes him my strongest melee guy by default now
oopz
>>
File: 1516317_20221003004720_1.png (1.28 MB, 1280x800)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB PNG
fuck
>>
File: 1642500964816.jpg (297 KB, 550x825)
297 KB
297 KB JPG
JRPGfag that loves old JRPGs/DRPGs, what's the best ways to play all of the old Wizardry/Ultima games? I feel obligated to play them due to how important they are in creating the genre I like.

I remember playing some of the jap PS1 version of Wizardry 1 years ago, but I remember hearing there's better versions.
>>
>>2796776

Ultima 3,4,5: NES versions. I'll get hated for that, but fuck it, it's true. 3rd one especially. Amazing soundtrack

Ultima 6: SNES

Ultima 7: Exult (Google it, Exult really makes the game playable for modern gamers who might not dig the UI)

Wizardry 1-5 can all be played on SNES. Honestly, that's the best way if you want simplicity and modernity.

Wizardry 6/7: DOSbox, go grab them from GOG

Wizardry 8: Steam or GOG. Legendary game. Still runs great. I just did another full run on my new PC, a Windows 10 rig. No crashes.

Also, I have never been to this board until today. Glad to see people loving Gridders/blobbers. I'm 46 and grew up on them in the 80s/90s. I see someone posting about Zangetsu. Waiting for the Steam release and pretty hype about it.

Also Undernauts, I see someone posted that here. Fucking amazing game. Loved that and Labyrinth of Refrain too.

Right now I'm relaxing with Wizardry Tales of the Forsaken land on PCSX2.
>>
>>2796789
Are Ultima 1 and 2 not worth playing?
>>
File: 32473289.jpg (1.14 MB, 2560x1600)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB JPG
>>2796463
>sounds like you have access to 3 different dungeons from the start
was wrong about this btw

no ability to auto-move on the map, but you can sprint by double tapping in a direction. map movement feels fast enough in general and without random encounters i don't think of it as much of a burden.

there are hidden pathways and inspectable tiles that can lead to special encounters/events and the difficulty is starting to ramp up. i wonder if it will reach the typical levels of acquire depravity/grind.

revealing tiles and upgrading gear is always a nice feeling. every(?) battle has a chest at the end that needs to be inspected and disarmed/unlocked, and then the items need to be identified which might become annoying over time, hard to say.

town facilities are pretty scant, no scene transitions or npcs, just menus.

anyway just happy to be playing a drpg in current year, feels right at home with your elminage type games.
>>
>>2794777
While not giving the exact details, I want to do something that lets you tweak dungeons (while you are still outside them, that's it), thus opening or closing paths and changing what you can find. Of course getting 100% completition requires you to tweak it again and go back, which isn't immediately possible.
Also something where the way you get new equipment (and its enhancements) isn't linear, it's about how you get your materials rather than in a Diablo lootbox-y way. Fully upgraded equipment have different flavors for different strategies and situations rather than being strictly better, I merely love when games do that.
And a thingie, not decided still what, that lets you deal with holes in an unit's skillset, or the party as a collective depending on your formation.
It's about replayability and openess.
>>2796758
It's funny to see someone panicking at about being beat up by a bunch of furries
>>
https://www.gematsu.com/2022/10/labyrinth-of-galleria-the-moon-society-launches-february-14-2023-in-north-america-february-17-in-europe

hope westapigs are ready for the worst mandatory post-game ever game

also found a grid-based crawler in the nextfest with a demo
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1764280/Dungeons_of_the_Amber_Griffin/
>>
>>2797311
>the worst mandatory post-game ever game
Is it really that bad?
>>
>>2768587
look at picrel, it was a joke
>>
File: unknown.png (516 KB, 781x633)
516 KB
516 KB PNG
>>2797311
It's quite strange to use promotion like this, it would be more fitting to use for a game released 40 years ago in 1982. I know they likely meant "20 enemies based on folkore" but it's funny to think game has 20 enemies total, particularly when you scroll down and game boasts +500 items available on demo release.
>>
>>2797813
lold, indeed
>>
>>2797311
>From the creators of Labyrinth of Refrain
Skip
>>
File: 1480218770498.jpg (85 KB, 750x782)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>2797311
I couldn't be assed to continue refrain some 15 hours in, I doubt I will ever touch this one
>>
Does Kowloon really ends with a simple credit roll and a 10 seconds scene with a secondary character? no epilogue or ending with the person with the highest affection? fucking hell
>>
>>2797383
post-game dungeon is 1000 floors of crawl, yes
>>
File: 2022030301505200.jpg (130 KB, 1280x720)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>2798518
you're supposed to be satisfied with those touchy scenes at the school during the last night
>>
File: 1516317_20221004172612_1.png (1.33 MB, 1280x800)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB PNG
>badgers
jesus christ how horrifying
>>
File: 1516317_20221004173036_1.png (1.26 MB, 1280x800)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB PNG
what is it with acquire and coin enemies
>>2796222
>>
File: 1516317_20221004181045_1.png (1.43 MB, 1280x800)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB PNG
gaming
>>
File: 2022-10-05_3284.jpg (2 MB, 2560x2400)
2 MB
2 MB JPG
regret not putting more stamina into my wizard on initial creation since you don't get to manually allocate stats on level ups. my wizard is dying in like every major boss fight so far on turn 7 and it'll probably only get worse.

my monk feels worthless since the last few skills he has learned required good alignment ( i made him neutral)

my thief also feels worthless and is just an item slut during notable fights.

warrior carrying hard followed by a distant samurai. hoping the other classes start to show their strength as the game goes on.

playing on hard mode (save only in town) can be a little stressful, especially if since if you trek to the bottom of a dungeon to fight the boss you still need to climb your way back out (no warpwings yet)

somewhere halfway through dungeon 3 i accrued infinite wealth from selling buff staves that drop from chests. prior to this dungeon i had to liquidate my entire stash just to pay the revival cost on my wizard.

the limited usage of spells per dungeon for casters has made me rely pretty heavily on consumables, and i usually stock up on like 20+ herbs every delve.

>>2796463
>seemingly no random encounters
have been wrong about that for about 2 dungeons now. it is a combination of both.
>>
File: 1516317_20221005081600_1.png (1.21 MB, 1280x800)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB PNG
>>2799264
only just realized there is job transfers
take an initial stat hit but level up quickly to compensate for it.

will probably keep my thief/mage/wizard as monoclass due to utility but you could probably do some busted shit if you planned out ahead
>>
File: 1-ultima_2_05_ranger.png (2 KB, 640x400)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
>>2796819
Ultima 1 is the most interesting from the perspective of being the progenitor of CRPGs. For every mechanic it had that defined how RPGs would be made for 40 years onward there is some backward ass logic defying weirdness that is never seen before or after. Its honestly pretty good in its own right and if you liked Diablo 1 over 2 its a must play.
Ultima 2 is pure suffering just to make boot on a modern system and only gets worse it finally turns on
>>
>>2798873
I mean dont get me wrong i love my husband Sumiki and his touchy scene but goddamn the game just ends with you getting spirited away. What about all that talk about graduating together with Yachiho and Minamori?
>>
>>2798903
coins are a wizardry staple
>>
>>2799780
spooky
>>
>>2799637
Ultima 2 is not bad. Stop being a jarpig guy any branch out for fucks sake. Anyone who gets filtered by Ultima 2 is a retard and should just stick to the pedo lobby games that japan puts out
>>
File: unknown.png (227 KB, 1081x845)
227 KB
227 KB PNG
>>2799886
https://strategywiki.org/wiki/Ultima_II:_The_Revenge_of_the_Enchantress/Character_creation#Character_creation_strategy
There is one way to quickly get done with U2
Also picrel graph is beautiful if I say so myself
>>
Does anyone know what was the pattern of Keys in Mary Skelter Finale? There are always A, B and C. But apparently specific groups will always use specific keys.
>>
Anything good in the Steam Next Fest? Can't believe that there's still no solid EO clones, other series get a ton of copycats
>>
>Dorarnae deletes his DRPG YouTube channel
>DRPGs die
Funny how that works
>>
>>2800177
at least he got to play experiences last good dungeon crawler (undernauts) before kicking the bucket
>>
>>2800177
who was this and why did they delete their channel?
>>
>>2800289
drpgforever
too many dmca strikes on his videos and he didnt feel like fighting them any more
(used to post OSTs to drpgs which never had them)
>>
>>2800291
got it. so stealing other peoples work and making money off it.
>>
>>2800293
yeah
>>
>>2800293
Nah, you get dmca strikes even if the vid is not monetized
>>
File: 2014-04-24-203742.jpg (153 KB, 960x544)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
really loved Demon Gaze back when I played it on Vita, but never checked out Demon Gaze 2. How does it compare with the original?
>>
>>2800355
have to use premade characters which stifles build creativity
party member relationship grinding is a tedious minigame
but yeah other than that its still fun
>>
>>2785476
>stretched to fullscreen
mouthbreathing retard youtuber
>>
>>2800133
Jack is party A, Clara is party B, Toh is party C. Same order they're showcased in the animated intro.
>>
File: CW3hXWg.png (166 KB, 664x592)
166 KB
166 KB PNG
apparently dungeon travelers 2 works in the vita emulator now
>>
>>2801062
I have to say I'm impressed, I thought it would take another decade. Though the performance on my end is catastrophic
>>
>>2800516
Understood
>Same order they're showcased in the animated intro.
And will never forget now
>>
>>2767094
dungeon crawlers are a hard sell to normies these days. ppl like seeing their characters and portraits aren't enough. even normie-tier dungeon crawler-adjacent games like darkest dungeon let you see your guys.
>>
Best DRPG with little flat girls?
>>
File: Breasts.png (542 KB, 960x544)
542 KB
542 KB PNG
>>2802183
dungeon travelers gives you an agi boost if you have a party with three members having flat chests.
>>
>>2801062
>>2801117
Is it only in nip?
>>
>>2802199
kino
>>
>>2802214
2-2 yes.
Still hoping for some fantranslation team to pick it up.
>>
>>2802199
Based.
>>
>>2802199
>english
is this the censored version? I've heard the jap version of the game doesn't have a english patch
>>
Sorry, nevermind >>2802376
Didn't read the replies before posting
Can I play 1 and 2 in any order?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.