[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Fable.jpg (670 KB, 1000x1176)
670 KB
670 KB JPG
Why is this series so cursed? Will it ever recover?
>>
>>2725880
No.
>>
File: peter-molyneux.jpg (128 KB, 1280x720)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>2725880
Was it Molyneux's fault? Or some other factor?
>>
>>2725895
>Was it Molyneux's fault?
Yes, it's always his fault.
>>
>>2725880
The series was never good to begin with and Molyneux is a hack.
>>
fable 2 on pc when
>>
>>2725910
Lol never.
>>
>>2725895
Such a beautiful high SPEECH individual. Bless that honorary kike.
>>
>>2725895
The Carter brothers originally created Fable. It was a generic RPG when they approached Lionhead with it. Peter Molyneux's video game philosophy is that games are fun when it gives the player power over the world. That is how Fable got all of those choices which makes it stand out from the crowd.
>>
>>2725880
No. Now it's being created by some faceless corpo merchant
>>
File: Level Designer.jpg (193 KB, 1307x693)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
>>2726359
Not really faceless, you just don't want to see it
>>
>>2725880
>Will it ever recover?
No, sadly.
>>
>first
>cringy tryhard story
>hard to find any items worth giving a shit
>second
>excellent story
>improved house garbage and marriage
>great endgame
>three
>everything about one and two are gone
>>
>>2725880
It was never even really any good to begin with in retrospect, and I played the fuck out of the first two games when I was younger.
These are honestly some of the most streamlined and barebone games ever made, not just rpgs, games in general. They rival shovelware phone trash in complexity and all the gimmicky emote wheel shit was never impressive even back then.
>>
>>2725880
3 is a fun game co-op :
>>
>>2725910
Just emulate it at this point. It is an awkward in-between game with the sole selling point of having a dog, though.
>>
>>2726423
lmao those hairy arms
>>
>>2725880
Same problem as Star Citizen, with 1/10 of the budget: the lead couldn't design a game around limitations and instead tried to brute force through them.
The first one is still one of the best fairy tale RPGs out there and I love it for what it is.
>>
File: 1645678052188.png (342 KB, 419x472)
342 KB
342 KB PNG
>By every metric and standard I typically hold my games to I should fucking hate this series.
But I don't. For some reason it reminds me of the fantasy books I'd read as a kid. Have many fond memories of playing 2 with my younger brothers and charging them ridiculous amounts of XP for my help. Might go play Lost Chapters again this weekend, it's been a few years. Cheers.
>>
>>2728467
The custom tattoos of TLC should be incredibly satisfying now that basically anyone has access to a useful image editor for free.
>>
File: talon company.jpg (64 KB, 564x809)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>2728469
I never even thought about checking mods for this game!
GENIUS ANON
>>
>>2728475
You can make your own tattoos, at least you could in the original Lost Chapters. You just had to open some file in My Documents, IIRC.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.