[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 39 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

File: ff5_four_job_fiesta.jpg (126 KB, 933x418)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
What is your favorite Final Fantasy job?
>>
Stylistically:
1. Dragoon
2. Red Mage
3. Devout
4. Summoner

Mechanically:
1. Blue Mage
2. Mystic Knight/Magic Fencer
3. Beastmaster
4. Chemist/Alchemist
>>
>>2723846
Depends on the game. For FF5 it's freelancer with every other job maxed. 6 you can't switch jobs, so I guess Gogo aka Mime so I can have 2 bum rushes. For FF12 Foebreaker and Shikari are pretty good.
>>
>>2723846
It always bugged me how the 4 starting characters are looking directly to the left and Krile is looking at the player.
>>
>>2723846
Big fan of blue mages, red mages, summoners and dragoons. I want more games with these classes as center stage.
>>
>>2723939
I've never noticed that before and now I can't unsee it. Fuck you lol.
>>
>>2723939
>>2723999
I think it was said that that was intentional due to her being younger than the other characters (like the Onion Knights in III or kid Rydia in IV)
>>
>>2723846
Mystic Knight, Dragoon, Black Mage, Red Mage
In no particular order.

I'm still miffed we didn't get Mystic Knight in XIV during the Thavnair expansion
>>
>>2724008
Yeah, I dunno why that's their go to for "young", but Rydia was definitely like that in 4. Then when she's grown up, it's gone
>>
DARK KNIGHT AND BERSERKERRRRRR
>>
I wish other RPGs ripped off of FF jobs more, I'd love to see other games' spins on jobs like Chemist, Blue Mage, Morpher or Mimic
>>
Blue Mage is one of the most unique classes, definitely my favorite.
>>
Dark knight
>>
>>2723846
Blue mage and dark knight
>>
I suck big fat cock at using them but green mages are the coolest shit, making your enemy miserable with infinite debuffs and then pouncing on them with a hammer is primally appealing
>>
>>2723846
Thief and Red Mage.
>>2725067
Also, this. Great taste. Green Mages are pure fun even if they kinda stuck in FFTA2.
>>
>>2723846
How do you classify SeeD? Stealing magic from enemies and equipping it to boost stats and power up attacks?

Other than that, Dragoons, Blue Mages, Red Mages and Monks.
>>
File: wakka.png (1.68 MB, 1920x1080)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB PNG
>>2723846
Blitzball Player/Grand Wizard
>>
File: ArithmeticianMale.png (176 KB, 218x499)
176 KB
176 KB PNG
>>2723846
Calculator
>>
>>2725358
Grand Wizard of the Spira chapter of the Ku Klux Klan?
>>
>>2723846
Arab
>>
Paladin, easily. There is no better protagonist class.
>>
File: nouliths.png (3.11 MB, 1920x1080)
3.11 MB
3.11 MB PNG
FF3: Devout, Geomancer, Monk
Tactics: Time Mage, Fusilier, Juggler
XIV: I like Sage both aesthetically and mechanically. Black mage is cool too but I don't like raiding with it.
>>
File: file.png (534 KB, 610x457)
534 KB
534 KB PNG
>>2725909
You know I always say, all Al Bhed better off dead brudda.
>>
>>2723846
Onion Knight
>>
>>2725429
I too like ending most games in one turn and almost killing my entire team
>>
>>2723846
>Dark Knight
>Paladin
>Dragoon
I like FF4
Honorable mention to Blue Mage, even though I feel like they are never used to their full potential
>>
File: 1655619197486.png (53 KB, 171x380)
53 KB
53 KB PNG
>>2723846
ASSasin
>>
Blue Mage
Red Mage
Time Wizard
Black Mage
Dark Knight
Samurai
>>
>>2725960
>>2725978
KILL yourself XIEVE nigger.
>>
red mages are cool because i like the balance of being able to use some (not all) black and white magic and also being a good physical fighter
blue magic has always been a dope idea but it depends on the game. quina and quistis (oh shit, is it intentional that they both start with qu?) were both really good party members, quina especially was really useful. the bad thing is that hunting for monsters to learn their skills can be kind of a boring chore
>>
>>2723846
Lady luck / Gambler
>>
Coalburner.
>>
>>2723846
Bard
>>
>>2723866
Fpbp
>>
>>2728189
>the bad thing is that hunting for monsters to learn their skills can be kind of a boring chore

Yeah but that's a large part of the fun of the class, tracking down abilities throughout the game until by the end of the game you have one of the most powerful if not THE most powerful spell list in the game.

It'd also a large part of how you balance it so it's also kind of necessary.

Also in general I'm happy to see the mentions of Blur Mage in here. It's always been my favorite class, just something about the flavor of getting to use strange and powerful monster abilities.
>>
>>2723846
Blue Mage has always been the most interesting one, but stylistically I'm a huge weeb so Samurai.
>>
>>2723846
>Lore
Summoner
>Gameplay, Theme & Aesthetics
Mystic Knight
Runic Knight
Paladin
Red mage
Blue Mage
Dragoon
Dancer
>>
>>2724049
Don't have a lot of pixels to work with, so one way to differentiate the kids
>>
>>2723846
Ninja
Dragoon
Dark Knight
Time Mage
Monk
Red Mage
Archer
Machinist, Gunner.....anything with a firearm...shame Machinist is shitty aesthetically and in gameplay in XIV
>>
>>2731174
Superb taste, throw in dancer for the weird buff, debuff, heal and dps job, and you have the Trifecta of most interesting FF jobs.
>>
Nothing, and I mean NOTHING beats the wizard classic. Black Mage and Magus for life.
>>
>>2733970
Well sure, you can't be the best machinist unless your name is Cid

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.