[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 106 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

File: 412345324.jpg (9 KB, 266x190)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
Why do people like this bitch? Her whole character is being a alcoholic that has sex with strangers, a lot of her lines are just her being confrontational towards you or bitching about something, even if you do her quests she still acts like a cunt with a chip on her shoulder, and yet the ending slides treat her as if she was this great friend to you, when all she does is nag and complain. It honestly feels like the devs are saying "This character is quirky and cool, and you WILL like her! And yes, we did give her two slides because she's just that special!"
Also some of her ending slides are just pure cringe.
>That night, Cass kicked in the door of his room to celebrate, only to find the man on the bed was an NCR soldier whose barracks had been destroyed. He was cute, though, so after having her way with him, she got the hell out, leaving an empty whiskey bottle as a note. As she walked along the Dam in the night, she felt drunk, content, and happy to be alive. Which to her, was the whole point of it all
Who the fuck wrote this shit? What were they thinking?
>>
op is the type of nancy-boy that likes the "OOOOH SASUGA! SUGOI!" *faints* moe anime love interest, he's probably one of those types of retards who sends death-threats to VN authors when he finds out that the MC's love interest had a another boyfriend before she met the MC. op should probably kill himself because he thinsk he's quirky and cool for making some idiot realization, even though he's just another retard regurgitating normalfaggot gibberish on 4chan
>>
Waaaah "WIMMEN CAN'T BE OUTSPOKEN CHARACTERS WITH IMMORAL TRAITS!!!" fucking lame ass grandpa with your old era ideas. Stay mad about a chick in a video game getting more pussy than you and had fun doing it. Trump fucking lost hard and is gonna go to prison with the rest of his cult .He won't grab anybody by the pussy, but he sure can grab those cell doors while getting his orange ass stuffed by his cell mate.
>>
>>2719753
>>2719755
What the fuck are you people even talking about?
>>
>>2719748
>t. incel mad that she didn't have a sex scene with mc
it's not that kind of game
>>
her +15% gun damage and +50 hp are nice stats for a companion
>>
>>2719755
>Trump fucking lost hard and is gonna go to prison with the rest of his cult .He won't grab anybody by the pussy, but he sure can grab those cell doors while getting his orange ass stuffed by his cell mate
why do you fantasize about things like this anon
>>
My whole character is being an alcoholic that has sex with strangers, but because I'm a man I get a pass? Would it be better if Cass were a guy?
>>
>>2719748
>Why do people like this bitch?
Why do you care? I'm fucking tired of this shit, New Vegas is such an expansive game yet we've talked about fucking everything. The jannies ought to delete this thread because it's going to have the same fucking replies and same commentary. Yes Avellone doesn't like writing in romance, yes some people like bumpkins, heres coom pics of Cass, here's some derailment of the thread into just a new vegas general. Shut the FUCK up. This exact thread is had every other day on /v/ and /vrpg/. Jesus CHRIST. We're at the point where "Why do people like Cass shes a whore" has now just become political shit flinging too. Put this shit out of its misery god damn
>>
>>2719748
She fits the setting and is the daughter of a previous companion. If she wasn't an assertive tomboy she'd literally be Willow.
And only absolute faggots like Willow
>>
I'm not going to complain that women absolutely cannot be portrayed in this manner because of some bullshit incel ramblings, but it's still implausible.

You do not have women run around solo in the wild west. It just doesn't happen because pregnancy happens quick, they can't really establish comradery with a bunch of thugs to protect each other, and simple reasons like physical strength and being more emotional than males are. A woman like this can only tag along as a fuck buddy of a man that does have pals to protect himself and his bitch from harm from other gangs.
>>
>>2719757
they're bots or discord trannies
>>
I always put her in the grave for the niggers over at the Silver Rush. I don't let Jean-Baptiste kill her, though. When doing Birds of Feather, I take her up to Goodsprings Cemetery, stand her in my old grave, and blow her brains out. After I'm done with that quest line, I annihilate those fucks and loot the store.

Her voice grates my nerves
>>
I shoulda been a cowboy
Shoulda learned to rope and ride
Wearin my six shooter
Ridin my pony on a cattle driiiiiiiiiiive
Stealin the young girls' hearts
Just like Leeroy
Singin them campfire songs
Ooooohh I shoulda been a cowboy
>>
>>2719810
Douchebag zoomer. You wouldn't do Cassidy's daughter like that if you played FO2.
>>
>>2719791
>Would it be better if Cass were a guy?
No, it would be just as obnoxious, you don't see arcade dumping all his sexual past with you or constantly bitching about "muh vegas should be free" all the time.
Every companion in this game has some sort of goal or conflict they're trying to solve, and as their quest progresses you can see them change for better or worse, meanwhile cass keeps being a bitch no matter what you do.
>>2719810
>Her voice grates my nerves
This.
>>
>>2719803
>You do not have women run around solo in the wild west
She wasn't running around solo until the Van Graff goons melted her friends, manually.
>>
>>2719803
I think you're misinterpreting her a bit, she isn't some badass. she's a pain in the ass violent drunk who happens to be decent with guns who got pressured into caravanning so Californians wouldn't have to deal with her.
Also they're not in the fucking stone age, California is supposedly fairly well off by this stage and even the mojave is pretty high tech if you can afford it. Birth control is almost certainly available. Probably supplied by the Followers
>>
File: 1659237773561336.jpg (23 KB, 266x190)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
that's how a cowgirl breaks a young man's heart
that's how my whole world slowly came apart
with a cold and empty
as if i wasn't there
she didn't even start to cry
that's how a cowgirl says goodbye
>>
>>2719817
>>2719816
I just find it highly implausible for a woman like that to go on a 2 man adventure with the protagonist. The most likely outcome would be her being captured by the nearest gang of roaming thugs to rape senselessly. She has no sense of self-preservation for tagging along.
>>
>>2719822
At some point you've gotta sit back and suspend your disbelief dude, it's a video game.
Following the courier or any other protagonist in this kind of game is obviously suicidal.
It's a point that gets lampshaded in fuck tons of other franchises.
>>
>>2719748
cringe
>>
>>2719823
If we're going that route, the game may as well have cyborg lolis for companions.
It's a pretty straightforward western setting with sci-fi elements. Give her a power armor or have her be a BoS scout and it's instantly believable. Instead you have dumb shit like felicia day with a power fist acting like she'd survive 24 hours on her own, and this chick not being afraid of becoming a legion slave or worse.
>>
>>2719834
But Felicia Day was a BoS scout, just one with a MPDG personality
>>
>>2719835
You still need some plot device to excuse these women going out of their way to venture into an absoutely lethal environment like that. BoS scouts don't just wear a robe and a power fist, they have stealth equipment.
Again, the wild west is a sausagefest, and these woke "inclusive" writers just completely remove any plausibility from the plot by adding these ridiculous characters.
>>
>>2719834
Yeah dude, I get it a little fucking splinter is sticking in your eye so lets just put a fucking wooden stake in it, it's no different right?
The companions are all inhabiting places with good security or low levels of dangerous activity.
You catch Veronica in the middle of doing a fucking incognito grocery run ffs. The only wild life between the bunker and 188 is fucking bark scorpions.
Power fists are fucking everywhere in the game, they are not considered rare tech
Stop being a retard.
>>
>>2719840
It's the post apocalypse, bitches gotta pull their weight.
Also Veronica is seen as slightly more expendable by the BoS due to her being a lesbo with no intention of reproducing
>>
>>2719844
You know, in Fallout 2 avellone would sooner write in a talking death claw as a companion than a woman. The only woman companion you get in FO2 is the chick you are forcibly married to and who hogs a companion slot and can't be sent away without killing her. So much for a progressive californian like avellone, right?
The reality is, these characters were only added in for woke points, nothing else. But at least your coomer mindset has been appeased so who cares, just gotta susbend your disbelief to lap up this retardation.
>>
>>2719748
>>2719775
she did. if you get the ncr ending it means the courier found a new purpose fighting for the ncr. so he stopped being a courier.
>>
>>2719853
You can still play as a woman in the previous games retard, and be just as much as a badass or degenerate as you would playing a male. With plenty of female pc specific situations.
What the fuck is the point in getting buttmad over characters you can literally blow the brains out of on first contact or do quests where you can fully betray them if you don't like them? They're not poorly written so much as you don't like them
>>
>>2719860
1.) I don't give a fuck. It's atrocious writing and I'm calling it for what it is. 2.) Read a book, zoomer instead of blindly defending this video game dribble just because it was your only friend during your formative years.
>>
File: woman moment.jpg (36 KB, 680x680)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>this character is terribly written
>FUCKING MYSOGINST PIG!!
>>
>>2719863
Stay mad autismo
>>
>>2719822
Rape doesn't occur frequently in fictionland, why can't you faggots make peace with that?
>>
Awful thread guys, can't believe I spend any amount of time here. I'll see you tomorrow.
>>
File: 1659199799024575.jpg (4 KB, 250x244)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
>>2719853
>The reality is, these characters were only added in for woke points
Fuck you, the whole scene where you were forced to marry at gun point or the succesful speech and doctor check to get away fucking Miria is hilarious.
I bet you were butt mad because your badass main character ended up being a gimp for a Super Mutant
>>
>>2719803
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calamity_Jane
>>
File: 1579293166172.jpg (45 KB, 680x686)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>2719748
I don't like Cass that much, but she doesn't ass-last me either.
>"B-BUT SHE'S A DRUNKEN WHORE~"
Duh. Isn't a lonely women in a dangerous setting being a whore realistic and believable? In any case that didn't bother me since she's not a love interest. I'm taking her to haul my stuff, shoot shit and distract enemies when I'm not taking Boone or Raul, and she's entirely fine for that. I don't mind that Raul is a disgusting ghoul or that Boone is fucking suicidal as long as they do their job and have interesting shit to say and do. Cass is not as interesting, but otherwise alright.

If anything, I found Veroica much more annoying - both in her melee focus, and her character/dialogue/quest.
>>
>>2719748
because she's daughter(?) of a fallout 2 companion?
And she's alright, idk why you're so triggered by her since reasons you give seem more like you're super thin skinned.
>>
>>2719748
Lol is this a new level of incel? Literally mad that she slept with someone other than the player character
>>
>>2719900
Anon, what the fuck is wrong with you? I take no issue with the jokes in FO2 and I never suggested otherwise. Getting married off was hilarious and apt commentary that the only girl you can recruit is somebody with no skills and who you can't get rid of.
>I bet you were butt mad because your badass main character ended up being a gimp for a Super Mutant
Not at all. I thought it was yet another amusing bit, and I was very happy with it. And it's exactly the kind of humor that sets apart FO2 writing from New Vegas. It's actually funny, and not some tame one off like the Wind Brahmin.
>>
File: rosc.png (745 KB, 812x1920)
745 KB
745 KB PNG
>>2719810
Her VA is amazing, what are you talking about? I'd love to hear her more in games but apparently it was her one-time performance.
>>
File: 1634842161759.gif (93 KB, 500x447)
93 KB
93 KB GIF
>>2719753
>>2719755
>>2719775
>>2720328
>>
>>2719748
Because it's not a bland player ego stroking character and feels more like a person.
>>
>>2719803
>can't run around solo or with protag

Physical strength is borderline irrelevant. If you have good guns and can aim, it doesn't matter who pulls the trigger.
If you think any woman would be raped to death in the wasteland you're delusional. Raiders rape and murder anyone and whatever strength advantage you might have doesn't matter when you go up against super mutants, deathclaws, robots and shit.

You smoothbrains can't separate a sci-fi setting from a medieval one.
>>
>>2721058
>If you think any woman would be raped to death in the wasteland you're delusional.
What about the Caporal Betsy, Pretty Sarah, or that female Caravan Guard found dead and naked around Powder Gangers ?
Guns only gets you so far.
>>
>>2721379
He just points out that raiders and the like often and successfully rape torture and murder (in random order) literally anything that moves, but that doesn't stop guys from braving the wastelands.
>>
>>2719748
That's why i sold her to the van graaf's
>>
>>2719748
bruh calm the fuck down why does someone that lives in a post apocalyptic desert have to be happy she could get raped any minute and enslaved
>>
>>2719748
Sawyer is a degenerate
we all knew
>>
File: ESrQDRiXsAUneXW.jpg (175 KB, 960x1200)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
>>2722153
She was written by Avellone
>>
>>2722154
Even worse
>>
>>2719748
Game written by leftist cuckolds. Still better than Veronica by a wide margin.
>>
>>2721058
>If you think any woman would be raped to death in the wasteland you're delusional. Raiders rape and murder anyone and whatever strength advantage you might have doesn't matter when you go up against super mutants, deathclaws, robots and shit.
Feminist tripe. Women aren't actors, they don't form gangs or communities, men do. And what makes you think physical strength is useless against those aforementioned entities? Or why do you imply everyone in the wasteland is a literal faggot? You're just a weak little pissant trying to subvert and undermine the aristocratic warrior class because your mind is polluted by memes.
>You smoothbrains can't separate a sci-fi setting from a medieval one.
A post-apocalypse is, by definition, a cataclysmic regression in every sense of the word.
>>
File: Low Speech skill.jpg (124 KB, 750x1334)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>2722154
>>2722178
Whats the problem with Avellone's writing ?
>>
>>2719775
You're right, it's a cuckold game.
>>
>>2719748
They are insufferable simps and she has some decent voice acting. People usually don't notice that but voice acting goes a long way for characters.
>>
>>2722304
his mistake was apologizing
>>
File: 1652405247678.jpg (36 KB, 338x476)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>2722304
Context? what the fuck is this?
>>
>>2721058
>>2721381
>>2722277
>raiders
Nice Bethesdaism, retards. A real fallout fan would call them tribes, like they're called in New Vegas.
>>
>>2722409
Fucker pushed his low speech too hard. Choice and consequence.
>>
File: hurr.png (510 KB, 1280x720)
510 KB
510 KB PNG
>>2722419
Shut the FUCK up.
>>
>>2722419
ncr and brotherhood are tribes though, not raiders
>>
>>2722572
I can't believe Bethesda went back in time and changed all the references to "tribes" in FO1 to "raiders", completely unnecessary
>>
>>2722419
The concept of "tribes" being a thing in a post-apocalyptic setting based on the most advanced society at the time is nothing short of retarded. No, people won't form "tribes" after the bombs fall, they'd form communities.
Fallout 2 was the worst offender of this where creole speaking literal retards were living a day's march away from an actual society
>>
>>2722590
unless it was an engineered ecosystem via the vaults and FAV and a psychopathic super AI you fucking troon
>>
>>2722583
kek
>>
>>2722590
>No, people won't form "tribes" after the bombs fall, they'd form communities.
And you my friend are a retard for arbitrarily differentiating the two.
>muh heckin' science muh heckin' technology we're so above this
Conveniently neglecting to mention these things have more or less been all but wiped out leaving only human nature to revel in all its bloody glory at the new wild west frontier that is the wasteland.
>>
>>2722304
>When you invite her over to smash but you cum prematurely
>>
>>2722594
>>2722610
>NOOO it makes sense because society has been wiped out
You faggot post-nuclear setting never made a lick more sense than Bethesda's brainworms. FEV is essentially magic, radiation is magic, people surviving shit like Deathclaws and Radscorpions is nothing short of a miracle, people regress into some retards after three generations as seen by the community built by the protag of F1 becoming a fucking pre-Indian tribe within 80 years living right next to a village with buildings and people who haven't developed their own dialect 2 centuries after the bombs fell
Society is still largely in shambles and barely better than Bethesda Fallout.
The local government doesn't even have vehicles or communications, trade happens with fucking mules as if it's the 15th century.
It's all in the beliefs of a retard hivemind whose brains were blown away when they were 8 and first played it
>>
>>2722629
Though I like the setting I agree with this angry anon in that it definitely ain't realistic.
>>
>>2722629
>>2722631
Shit dude like read a book or pay attention in school I'm sorry your senpai liked addictions more than you but videogames were never gonna give you an education.
>>
File: 200263_original.jpg (459 KB, 1242x903)
459 KB
459 KB JPG
>>2722590
>The concept of "tribes" being a thing in a post-apocalyptic setting based on the most advanced society at the time is nothing short of retarded. No, people won't form "tribes" after the bombs fall, they'd form communities.
Meanwhile, the most advanced society at the time even without the bombs falling
<-------
>>
>>2722661
Shieeeeeeeettt. Yall crackaz jus dont know what bruthahood iz. Shut yo bitchass white priviledgz n shieet.
>>
>>2722661
That's not a tribe, it's a subculture.
A tribe is completely detatched from other cultural influences, has their own customs and consists of two or more closely related families
>>
>>2722678
>A tribe is completely detatched from other cultural influences
False.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (213 KB, 1280x720)
213 KB
213 KB JPG
>>2722277
>And what makes you think physical strength is useless against those aforementioned entities?

Because retard, with a gun strength is irrelevant.
This goes so far back as in medieval times when knights in full plate riding gigantic horses, that trained all their lives threw shitfits because some peasant with a crossbow could kill them easily at a distance.

It doesn't matter if you're some Andre the Giant motherfucker, a bullet to the head and you're fucking dead.

>aristocratic warrior class
Case in point. You would be the knight throwing shitfits about peasants with crossbows.

>A post-apocalypse is, by definition, a cataclysmic regression in every sense of the word.
?
Which is irrelevant if you can just shoot people. If you just kill the people that might want to rape you from a distance, what's the problem?

>>2722419
Raiders aren't tribes. We're not talking the Great Khan's or some shit here. But ones like Cook-Cook.
>>
File: 1184-set-1x.jpg (67 KB, 500x750)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>2722409
Tried to fuck a coworker and it back fired like hell, thats why Avellone isnt that much here in the RPG industry nowadays compared to 10 years ago.
Also this same woman later on fucked with James Deen in a porn vid. He must've been very hungry to lower his standard to this kind of girl and fuck his career up in the process.
Dont be a commer guys.
>>
>>2722754
>thats why Avellone isnt that much here in the RPG industry nowadays compared to 10 years ago.
That's not why. It's because he can't deliver according to specs and because he prefers to just lazily use his name to trick smaller clueless devs to pay him to just give them advice and not write anything.
>>
>>2722754
>Also this same woman later on fucked with James Deen in a porn vid
What the fuck?
>>
>>2719853
>You know, in Fallout 2 avellone would sooner write in a talking death claw as a companion than a woman.

Speaking of which, I wonder why we didn't have Goris as a cameo (if not a full companion) in NV? Or some other Easter egg regarding the deathclaws of Vault 13?
>>
>>2722590
In fairness, Joshua Graham did mention in-game that the difference between 'insular community' and 'tribe' is a narrow one.
>>
>>2722661
>Implying that they wouldn't turn on each other in a heartbeat given the chance

Congratulations anon, you just illustrated the difference between 'tribe' and 'raider gang'.
>>
>>2722775
She had the pseudonym Violet, a quick google search and you'll find vids of her.
>>
File: 1655817027607.jpg (1.11 MB, 851x1750)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB JPG
>>2719748
She's a rough and tumble cowgirl caravaneer out on the frontier with a heart of gold and a mouth that'd make a sailor blush. What's not to like? She really only complains when you get high or side with the Legion, but is otherwise pretty personable and quick to thank you for helping her out with her personal shit, too. Plus she never gets to fuck that random soldier because I never side with the NCR.
>>
>>2719748
design and lack of choices
>>
>>2722793
All the V13 Deathclaw were killed, only Goris was the sole survivor of the massacre and that other other Deathclaw in Navarro.
>>
Post more Cass art.

Who performs 'Heartaches by the number' in FNV? It sounds a bit different than the Guy Mitchell version on Spotify, but I might be imaging it. It's a good song.
>>
>>
File: 48058-2-1350155419.jpg (110 KB, 385x481)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
I wish she actually looked like her concept art ingame.
>>
>>2719748
Because they're fags.
All the NV companions are some cringeful le quirky XD shit.
>>
>>2719748
>37 years old
she's already worth less than the bramin shit she she shovels for a living

Sunny should have been your companion instead
>>
>>2720345
her character model has none of those curves, coomer
>>
>>2722409
he got fucking wasted and he drunk texted some chick he worked with
>>
>>2722717
>Because retard, with a gun strength is irrelevant.
21 foot rule
>>
File: rosc.jpg (194 KB, 500x717)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
>>2723109
Engine limitations.
>>
>>2723129
>Engine limitations.
The Type3 devs say otherwise.

However, no. The fact is that a 37 year old caravan escort would look like Nancy Pelosi does today.
>>
File: Rose-of-Sharon-Cassidy.png (267 KB, 541x676)
267 KB
267 KB PNG
>>2723131
Cass is cute, stop it.
>>
>>2722717
>Because retard, with a gun strength is irrelevant.
15 meters between a knife dude and you with a firearm and in most cases, your gun is irrelevant.
Guns are effective at a moderate distance, and even close you have to get very good close combat exeprience to even use your own gun.
Pic related was a 65 year old man disarming a shooter.
Guns dont replace hand to hand fighting.
>>
>>2719748
>obsidiantrannies constantly spam BG3 threads as the "cuck game" because of Lae'zel
>obsidians "best" game has a literal cuckold storyline that shows up in your ending
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>2723258
>cuckhold storyline
There is no romance in FNV, Courier is only interested in adventures and thrill. He doesnt care about Cass, maybe fucking her and moving on like he did many other times with other women but he doesnt settle down.
Thinking of cuckholdry is on you, nigger.
>>
>>2723266
Is that how you mental gymnastic yourself past that mental boom, anon?
>>
Cass feels more like a 27-year-old than 37. It's probably to make the timeline of her father's life make sense. Wasn't he an NPC in an older Fallout game? Cass' attitude, life experience, etc. seem to fit better in a life just shy of 3 decades than 4.
>>
>>2723204
Cass is old and covered in Brahmin shit.
>>
File: 6235754-1455048744.jpg (316 KB, 1440x900)
316 KB
316 KB JPG
>>2723248
>15 meters between a knife dude and you with a firearm and in most cases, your gun is irrelevant.
See image.

Also, a retard charging at you with a knife if you have some kind of automatic or some even more dangerous sci-fi weapon will get smoked.
Whatever leap of logic you want to make, like them having a stealth boy or some such, would also apply if the person getting jumped was male. Making your entire shitty argument fall apart.

Your idea of using hand to hand combat is utterly irrelevant unless the scenario involves tigher urban settings, which again makes the one getting jumped being male/female irrelvant, as aforementioned.

This idea that ONLY a woman wouldn't be able to travel alone or in a smaller group in the wasteland is fucking moronic.
>>
>>2722717
>>2723369
It amazes me when pussies like you have this power fantasy of being superior to your masters when you're only capable of expressing this through impotent ressentiment towards the strong and able. Is there anything more pathetic even? Idolizing the dirt farmer nobody with no particular talents, or abilities, or anything about him that sticks out except being another shmuck enlisted in the peasant army (in this case, the NCR) and getting handed a gun I mean. Do you even realize the palatable irony in being a New Vegas fan when you try to argue this, considering the Courier would be an aristocratic master moralist who is able to overcome any obstacle and exert his will-to-power in any way he sees fit?
>Muh guns I'm so fucking badass with my guns
In reality you'd be a NCR grunt and not someone that matters like a Courier.

Here's a hint: Physical strength isn't actually everything and no one seriously argued such, but there will always be a key difference between a soldier and a warrior. A woman can fire a gun, but she can't realistically be expected to live that kind of high tension lifestyle.
>>
>>2723258
>a larian fan
go talk to your "partner" again, cuckie
>>
>>2723401
You sperged out and projected quite a bit, but still ended up with no point made. Instead just an endless stream of logical fallacies.
So either this is lame bait or you're just retarded.

>A woman can fire a gun, but she can't realistically be expected to live that kind of high tension lifestyle.
????
You're aware that both men and women have lived through worse? Not as exceptions, but as the norm. Or don't they teach you history in the grade school you're attending?
Also again, since no actual relevant point was made. I can't tell if you're baiting or just retarded.
Either way, you're clearly not worth the effort of educating.
>>
>>2723448
Kek, and now you've broken down into histrionics when presented with the possibility that you are not capable of transcending into higher man. Projecting? Every single word of your post is laced with bitter ressentiment, only a fool wouldn't be able to see it.
>You're aware that both men and women have lived through worse? Not as exceptions, but as the norm. Or don't they teach you history in the grade school you're attending?
What did you mean by this? Genuinely.
>>
>>2723248
it's not 21 FEET or 6.2 meters. 15 meters is a massive distance for an attacker to cover before you get a shot off.
>>
>>2723463
>What did you mean by this? Genuinely.
This sums up literally everything you've said so far. There isn't even a shred of rationality or logic. As in you're legit insane. Or baiting. Im doing you a favor and going with the latter, so this is the final (you) you'll get from me with your obvious attentionwhoring.

Absolutely nothing you've said had any relevancy to what was being discussed.
>>
>>2723466
>This sums up literally everything you've said so far. There isn't even a shred of rationality or logic. As in you're legit insane. Or baiting. Im doing you a favor and going with the latter, so this is the final (you) you'll get from me with your obvious attentionwhoring.
t. milquetoast untermensch
>Absolutely nothing you've said had any relevancy to what was being discussed.
You're simply myopic and retarded for thinking the ability to fire a gun is the only faucet to living like a badass cowboy in a post-apocalyptic wasteland. Further, in such a scenario, men would undoubtedly hoard the guns to themselves and treat women as precious commodities.
>But women coul-
They wouldn't.
>>
>>2719803
>pregnancy happens quick
And ends just as quick when you drink like she does.
>>
>>2719787
I'd prefer a companion that actually is capable of killing shit from the outset, like every single other choice except Raul, and Raul is both more fun to be around and destroys the concept of weapon durability.
>>2719815
>you don't see arcade constantly bitching about "muh vegas should be free" all the time
alright what version did you have because I want to play that one
>>
>>2722419
Does it matter what they call themselves when their sole purpose is to be killed in massive quantities?
I don't really think they get a vote.
Dead men don't vote.
>>
>>2723401
This has navy seal copypasta energy.
Except I think he's serious.
>>
>>2723485
I thought you weren't going to reply?
>>
>>2723369
>if you have some kind of automatic or some even more dangerous sci-fi weapon will get smoked.
By the time said retard sprint at you, under pressure, you might have time to draw your weapon, maybe remove the safety and cock your gun. But he will at least have leave you a knife wound.
And even in your setting, you think desert raiders are seen from miles away ? Even back in the ancient world or later on history with the Talibans, men hide in the desert and jumps on you at last moment notice. They know when and who to strike, the dehydrated man under heat who just wish to find his way to civilisation wouldnt even notice the men hiding behind the dune. So again, no a gun isnt the best defense or offence, and its especially true in Fallout where guns tend to jam or you run out of bullets at the worst moment, especially if you travel and use all your ammo on a starved monster you will attracked tribals and raiders, they will simply wait. Video games gives you the illusion of control, in real life I doubt you would survive a trip in the post-war desert, so desperate to quench your thirst you drink glowing water.
I encourage you to see this vid :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js0haocH4-o
Never think you are safe with a gun.
>>2723465
Fucked up my conversion, it is indeed about 6 meters, my bad.
>>
>>2723270
She's a whore, end of story.
Sex doesnt mean love or attachement for Cass or the Courier.
>>
>>2723677
I'm really not in the mood to talk sense into an overemotional irrationa idiot. Like holy shit you're retarded.

>By the time said retard sprint at you, under pressure, you might have time to draw your weapon, maybe remove the safety and cock your gun. But he will at least have leave you a knife wound.
When exactly would this happen? You're basically saying
>in the wasteland you would not keep your gun at the ready, especially around places where someone or something could hide and rush up to you in very close proximity
>for some strange reason you would be under pressure and stressed, assuming this is the first time someone has been in the wasteland, held a gun, etc. to the point where you would fumble and fail to fire at the screaming retard coming at you with a melee weapon

>you think desert raiders are seen from miles away ?
How is this relevant? The point the retards ITT made is that a woman (that's physically weaker than a man) would not manage to survive a trek in the wasteland, but a man could. Meaning this would only be relevant if she came upon someone that got up in her face in melee. As in not a super mutant, deathclaw, radscorpion or some shit that would make the male strength difference relevant.

The rest of your post is just way to moronic for me to care enough to continue wasting my time on you.
Like holy shit, you think the clip from surviving edged weapons is relevant HERE? The context is so vastly different it's irrelevant. It's about how an unprepared police shouldn't underestimate the distance someone can cover in close proximity. Which is irrelevant in a mostly flat and open wasteland. If at any point you would enter a more close encounter situation, you would have your fucking gun out and ready and just be ready to squeeze the trigger (a motion much faster than someone can dash even a few meters).
Fuck off, moron. I won't waste more time on you.
>>
File: Dumb nigger.jpg (69 KB, 1294x478)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>2723719
>I'm really not in the mood to talk
Then dont talk to me tranny, I mean it. Dont lose your time on me, you have better shits to do like jacking off to gay porn or dilating, idk.
>>in the wasteland you would not keep your gun at the ready
If you love carrying your shit all the time and have (a small ) chance that your gun shoots on its own, thus attracting nearby monsters or raiders. Then yeah you are stupid, holster and the safety on a gun exist for a reason, you always keep your gun at reach but not always prepared.
>>for some strange reason you would be under pressure and stressed, assuming this is the first time someone has been in the wasteland, held a gun, etc. to the point where you would fumble and fail to fire at the screaming retard coming at you with a melee weapon
You would be suprised how many times it can happen even for trained and experienced persons, having panick stress happens to the best of us. Even more in a desert with the heat and lack of water influence everyone.
>The point the retards ITT made is that a woman (that's physically weaker than a man) would not manage to survive a trek in the wasteland, but a man could.
I never cared about your point, and I agree with you on that anyway, women dont survive alone. Im only talking about guns not being the solution that replace close combat. Many times throughout history and even today, it has been proven that guns, or crossbows dont solve any fights.
>I won't waste more time on you.
>Implying he isnt wasting his time here on a korean basket weaving forum anyway
>>
>>2719748
is this the cuck game?
>>
>>2723748
It always feels good to know that retards like this only exist to make everyone else look intelligent.
>>
>>2723719
>I'm really not in the mood to talk sense into an overemotional irrationa idiot. Like holy shit you're retarded.
>types like this
>calls others emotional
>>
>>2723719
>LIKE, UGH, JUST, I CAN'T EVEN RIGHT NOW. OH. MY. GOD.
Extremely effeminate post.
>>
Women are whores. Their dads know this. Ever met a dad who trusted his daughter? I haven't. Women should lose their virginities to their brothers and I mean this unironically, at least it won't be as traumatizing as getting pumped and dumped by chad.
>>
>>2719748
Because she's probably the most likely to actually get into a heterosexual relationship with a male courier (wich is probably what most people played). Some people are also into the "bad girl" archetype; yeah a lot of people aren't into 30+ alcoholic sluts but some are.
>>
>>2723781
W-what happens when they don't have one? I've seen families with like 3 daughters.
>>
>>2723783
I dont get why she gets to be the designated chick of the waifufags tho, given that you have Sarah and Red Lucy in the game. Is because those two arent companions?
>>
>>2723105
>Literally old enough to be Arcade, Veronica, and ED-E's mother
>>
>>2723770
I accept your concession
>>
>>2723776
Rational people dealing with irrational ones always ends in the rational person effectively talking to a wall.
Most people on this board are irrational. Like you.

>>2723854
Oh I don't concede. I just know that you could have the truth showed in your face and you'd still deny it. I gain nothing by trying to brute force said truth in your face either.
Or will you pay me 500$ to make you see reason? If not, you can wallow in your ignorance and suffer for it.
>>
>>2723940
Irrationality and vitalism is based. You think and act like a woman because you're a demoralized little permanently online sissy boy that demands instant gratification.

Also you suck ass at arguing, very weak emotionally discharged arguments full of projection and cope.
>>
File: 32453'2512345.png (146 KB, 281x423)
146 KB
146 KB PNG
Just had a look at her stats, i think i know why shes so unlikely now.
>4CH
>4IN
Literally a stupid bitch.
>>
>>2724014
>she's
>unlikable
Fix'd
>>
>>2719775
She literally does. This goes to show you that these brigaders don't even play the game.
>>2723479
>alright what version did you have because I want to play that one
Kek.
>>
>>2724014
I forget, what's the balanced "average" score at creation for New Vegas?
Is it 5?
>>
>>2724062
The average is 5.
>>
>>2719748
She would have been fine if it weren't for that ending. That shit kills me right next to Meryl from MGS marrying the guy who shits himself.
>>
>>2719748
Did I misread the ending where you support Mr House? Does she killherself by jumping off the dam?
>>
File: 1657885882790.gif (2.13 MB, 200x222)
2.13 MB
2.13 MB GIF
>>2723940
>Y-you didnt won. I can totally argue with you and won but I wont instead I will comeback sucking your cock for (You)s and act like I dont care about attention
>>
>>2724185
I thought that was her last words, on her death bed.
What bitch killing herself over the dam lmao
>>
>>2723975
>Irrationality and vitalism is based. You think and act like a woman
Irrationality (read: being overemotional and not thinking) is a common trait of women. I.e. you behave like a woman and you're proud of being stupid.
But so long as you're happy, eh?

>emotionally discharged
You saying this? The irony is not lost on me.

>>2724246
Well no, since there's nothing to "win".
Rationally speaking, what do I gain/win if I convince someone stubborn, ignorant and irrational of the truth? Nothing. Do you have a good rational reason anyone would do this here?

The people I "argued" with are desperate to confirm their own biases that a man, but absolutely not a woman, could survive in the wastelands because they're so insecure it's just downright sad.
Whatever strength advantage a man has over a woman is irrelevant at a distance (with guns) and against far stronger threats of the wastelands (i.e. the man's strength wouldn't even compare to a super mutant or deathclaw).

So logically speaking here, how would a man have such a strong advantage here? They wouldn't.
The only other angle the clown peddled was they wouldn't handle the psychological stress, when both men and woman throughout history has lived and survived worse lives. Even today. Like even medieval farmers had it way shittier than what most people think and that isn't even close to being the worst of it.
Or are you so ignorant and live such a privileged life you think living in the wasteland would be a worse hell than what people have already experienced or go through on a daily basis?

If for some reason you want to try and convince me, then you need to use rational arguments and logic, because I don't care about anything else.
But at this point it sounds more like you're trying to convince yourself.
>>
>>2724014
Wow, she's literally me!
>>
Imagine getting worked up over da wiminz not being a hardcore pickme anime waifu.
No wonder you dont get laid.
Also: Just fucking kill her. You can literally sell her ass out for a nice quest and top rewards instead of just complaining on Incelchan. The game gives you an opportunity to canonical erase her.
>>
File: 1659146883240366.jpg (48 KB, 750x750)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>2724289
Why you keep coming back sucking my dick I thought you had better things to do ? You even wrote a whole text to me
>>
>>2724318
A personal flaw of mine is that I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt.
>maybe they're not as retarded as they seem? i'll give them another chance
Suffice to say, this board always dissapoints. You included.
>>
>>2724289
>Irrationality (read: being overemotional and not thinking) is a common trait of women.
Vitality is fundamentally a masculine Dionysian principle, just as much in the way that the desire for peace and understanding is feminine Apollonian. Of course, reductionist it is to declare one side to be "masculine" and "feminine" all the same, but it is apparently true that men hold greater reverence for the irrational than women do. If I were wrong then the heroic myths such as Beowulf would be lost to time entirely.
>I.e. you behave like a woman and you're proud of being stupid.
So you hate women... and yet you wish to defend them! An incel feminist white knight! Interesting. I find your kind to be the most fascinating, though mustering such an existence would be a strenuous exercise in doublethink I would assume.
>You saying this? The irony is not lost on me.
It is meant to be ironic, yes, but only at your expense. Curious how quickly you resort to ad hominem and express strongly about a topic that you insist cannot be contested with, yet will accuse others of acting out of line. Perhaps you simply feel impotent and desire control at all costs? Just like a battered housewife who wishes her chaotic household were orderly and clean and fair?

Really, watching this bundle of weak nerves flounder around is just sad.
>>
>>2724289
kek

This faggot. I remember a guy who posted those gifs of women "soldiers" in action, wish I had saved them just for this retard. Also
>Whatever strength advantage a man has over a woman is irrelevant at a distance (with guns) and against far stronger threats of the wastelands (i.e. the man's strength wouldn't even compare to a super mutant or deathclaw).
Do you think African hunter tribes sent their young men out to kill Lions as a rite of passage into manhood with their bare fists??? Jesus Christ, YES having high physical strength would be useful against a Super Mutant and Deathclaw if God forbid you had to fight them in melee.
>>
>>2724332
>hold greater reverence for the irrational
!= irrational behavior
Irrational behavior is nothing to be proud of, especially in discussions.

>So you hate women... and yet you wish to defend them!
Fan of projection, I see. I am indifferent to either. I simply correct faulty logic when I see it. But you obviously care more about your emotions and bias than what makes logical sense.

>It is meant to be ironic
Obviously, since you're delusional. I got a good laugh out of it however, since that's all the mentally immature like you are good for.

>>2724337
>unironically makes irrelvant logical fallacies

Comparing sending people out with spears or bows to hunt lions to a woman with some automatic or sci-fi weapon is incomparable when your argument is "physical strength". But you already displayed a lack of logical thinking, so this is obviously falling on deaf ears.

>YES having high physical strength would be useful against a Super Mutant and Deathclaw if God forbid you had to fight them in melee.
You're legit fucking retarded. Also any strength advantage you might have over a woman would be irrelevant versus a super mutant, be it man or woman would be less than a child in terms of strength in comparison. Your """strength""" as a man would not help you survive unless you had superior tech which overrides said strength disandvantage, which makes your point initial point even more irrelevant.

You people reek of confirmation bias and being incapable of detaching yourself from your emotions in a discussion. You want to prove X, not arrive at the truth.
>>
>>2724370
Yeah this is bait, no one lacks this much self-awareness. You're so fucking mad, dude. I really think you should kill yourself instead of throwing out a bunch of bad faith arguments and ad hom.
>>
>>2724370
>Comparing sending people out with spears or bows to hunt lions to a woman with some automatic or sci-fi weapon is incomparable when your argument is "physical strength".
>It's completely different because... is just is, okay???
Why? Marching for hours on end every single day, carrying multiple double digits pounds worth of army equipment upon your personage (those "sci-fi weapons" as you put it are fucking heavy), and yes dealing with the occasional skirmish that *does* require a modicum of strength are all things that would require a level of physical prowess to be prepared for. There's a reason Marine training isn't so far off from the exercise regimes of Roman Legionnaires.
>You're legit fucking retarded.
Very stoic!
>Also any strength advantage you might have over a woman would be irrelevant versus a super mutant, be it man or woman would be less than a child in terms of strength in comparison.
So logicfag, according to your absurd strawman scenario there isn't a single example you can conceive of where brute strength wouldn't hold a practical application in a melee struggle, because according to your asinine view of combat, physical fitness or skill has very little in the way of success when trying to defeat a more physically imposing foe than yourself (i.e. super mutant, deathclaw etc.) Tell me, why should I even dignify a response to that? It's so myopic and small-minded that nothing I say could even hope to bring you any further understanding. It's like saying that a bear is superior to you, no matter how strong you may be for a human, because the baseline of a bear will always surpass you, but when tools are brought into the equation, suddenly it's perfectly just and egalitarian no matter who is wielding the weapon in the first place.
>You people reek of confirmation bias and being incapable of detaching yourself from your emotions in a discussion.
People should be angry at subhumans like yourself. You bring nothing to the World but ugliness.
>>
>>2724395
I wanted to write more about the bear scenario but word limits are a bitch. I mean to say that there's obvious nuances in these things you adamantly refuse to take into account, like whether or not that individual sent to slay a bear with, for example, an axe is suitable for the task in the first place. Is he weak, sickly, frail, small, meek, unskilled or all of the above? Leave the job to a more able man. Now as for a wastelander, normally by most circumstances he'd be relatively underequipped to deal with a super mutant, but that doesn't mean that the World functions off fucking video game logic where dump stats are a thing. That extra bit of vitality could save his life - maybe not defeat the mutant, maybe could if he had a weapon on hand, but being strong is always an important quality in any soldier's livelihood. Yes, your arguments against such ARE in fact emotionally discharged.
>>
>>2724370
>Your """strength""" as a man would not help you survive unless you had superior tech which overrides said strength disandvantage
weakling cope, i can tell your ancestors are that of semitic descent.
>>
>>2724395
>Why? Marching for hours on end every single day, carrying multiple double digits pounds worth of army equipment upon your personage
So now you changed into more of a military context, which both men and women are capable of doing. This now turned into endurance test?
Please move more goalposts in your delusion.

>and yes dealing with the occasional skirmish that *does* require a modicum of strength are all things that would require a level of physical prowess to be prepared for
Fighting with or throwing spears/firing bows takes far more physical effort than firing a gun.
The fact that you don't even see this marks you as clinically insane.

>there isn't a single example you can conceive of where brute strength wouldn't hold a practical application
Again with the logical fallacies. That's all you have. If you have to go to extremes to look for very specific examples to prove that it's 100% impossible for a woman to traverse the wasteland and ONLY possible for a man then you already lost.
No really, using your logic you could use the woman using her sex appeal or pretending to be weak (since people like you would naturally undersestimate them) or some other very specific scenario could be used to counter your arguments.
But that'd be stupid to fall back on (as you did) so I didn't do that. I mentioned it now to highlight your stupidity.

>People should be angry at subhumans like yourself
The fact that you can't see that your regressive mind is a shitstain on humanity is hilarious. People as narrow minded, irrational and biased are the very reason the worst things in humanities history happened.

But sorry, I assumed you had a modicum of intelligence and rationality. I won't make that mistake again.

>>2724418
A well trained 'alpha male' would lose in a contest of strength with a super mutant. That's the entire point of the super mutants.

It's like thinking you could defeat a 40k space marine in an arm wrestling contest. You're that delusional.
>>
>>2724404
>I mean to say that there's obvious nuances in these things you adamantly refuse to take into account

Irrelevant ones. The key factors are the physical differences between men and women. Mainly the average difference in size and physical strength.
But absolutely none of it results in it being 100% impossible for a woman to traverse the sci-fi wasteland of Fallout. So the anon that got upset that this supposedly happened in New Vegas is a retard. As are you if you agree with him.

Trying to paint up unique scenarios where a man would have an advantage flat out PROVES you know you're wrong. Otherwise you wouldn't need to resort to it.
Likewise, said woman could be way larger and stronger than the average man (again, you claim any man would have and advantage and only men would be able to traverse the wasteland).

If you want to go down the route of exceptions and specific scenarios there's no end to this shit, yet you fail to see it.

Fact is you cannot prove that it'd be 100% impossible for a woman to traverse the wasteland and it'd be only possible for a man. So why do you keep shitposting?
>>
>>2724553
>It's like thinking you could defeat a 40k space marine in an arm wrestling contest. You're that delusional.
A Super Mutant can be beaten at arm wrestling, and even more than that, one can fight you on the ring in NCR and you can beat his ass with a crowbar if you wish to.
Anyhow, Mutants are hulkingly strong but not near unbeatable. A retard with strength can still put up a fight. All it takes is a little luck some times even to push through their muscles that act as armor. Same goes for the peasant with a hunting rifle against a Mutant. One bullet through the eye and bye bye.
A man relying on strength alone can perfectly survive but it can only takes him so far. A man relying on technology alone is weak and wont survive the desert.
>>
>>2719748
post real best girls, such as Vulpes and Arcade desu
>>
>>2724302
Kek!
>>
>>2724553
>So now you changed into more of a military context, which both men and women are capable of doing.
Kek, what the fuck are you jabbering on about now? No they can't, not to the same level of competency as a man. This is well-documented, visible as plain to the eye to see, and even admitted by the accounts of soldiers (a lot of them female too) themselves. The fact that fitness tests need to specifically be rigged in favor of the woman tells a lot.
>Fighting with or throwing spears/firing bows takes far more physical effort than firing a gun.
Once again, witnessing scenarios in a very strict vacuum as you have done this entire time. You might not even have a gun clutched between your fist at all times in the first place, or someone might catch you in an ambush and wrestle it out of your hands. Why do you ignore these potential scenarios?
>Again with the logical fallacies. That's all you have. If you have to go to extremes to look for very specific examples to prove that it's 100% impossible for a woman to traverse the wasteland and ONLY possible for a man then you already lost.
First of all, shut the FUCK up with your screeching of "FALLASHIESH!!!!" The Gay-reeks who invented such terms didn't intend some 21st century midwit to abuse the fuck out of them like a red-headed stepchild in lieu of sincere arguments with substantive claims. Secondly, there is literally nothing "extreme" about suggesting that the physicality of a personhood is a matter of pertinence in a wasteland - certainly moreso than being a skinny pencil-neck (like you I assume).
>No really, using your logic you could use the woman using her sex appeal or pretending to be weak (since people like you would naturally undersestimate them) or some other very specific scenario could be used to counter your arguments.
Sex appeal would be useful if she were to sleep with the raider's boss, but that just means her life as a wandering vagabond comes to a screeching halt. No substitute for charisma.
>>
>>2724553
>But that'd be stupid to fall back on (as you did) so I didn't do that. I mentioned it now to highlight your stupidity.
I'm sorry you feel so insecure you have to put me down because you lack the confidence to share ideas on how the differences of sexes could be used in one's advantage like you did just now to strengthen your argument. Really, inferiority complexes are a bitch.
>The fact that you can't see that your regressive mind is a shitstain on humanity is hilarious. People as narrow minded, irrational and biased are the very reason the worst things in humanities history happened.
And people like you who reject your instincts in favor of pseudo-intellectual egalitarian inquiries is the exact sort of chode the post-apocalyptic wasteland would prey upon. Textbook NCR fag neuroses.
>But sorry, I assumed you had a modicum of intelligence and rationality. I won't make that mistake again.
Yeah then fuck off cowardly bitch. Don't reply to me again. Still going to blow you the fuck out whenever you try to pop in and make an embarrassment of yourself though.
>>2724557
>Irrelevant ones. The key factors are the physical differences between men and women. Mainly the average difference in size and physical strength.
Cope. Men are more suited for slaying bears and lions than any woman, it doesn't matter how much these animals surpass men in strength.
>But absolutely none of it results in it being 100% impossible for a woman to traverse the sci-fi wasteland of Fallout. So the anon that got upset that this supposedly happened in New Vegas is a retard. As are you if you agree with him.
Why exactly do you harp on physical strength alone and choose to ignore the psychological burdens put on the women in such stressful situations? "MUH FARMERS" is not a fucking argument, you pathetic incel cuck. Or how women tend to be clumsier and have inferior reflexes etc You even said it yourself that women are stupid (why do you refuse to acknowledge you said such a thing though?)
>>
>>2724557
>Trying to paint up unique scenarios where a man would have an advantage flat out PROVES you know you're wrong. Otherwise you wouldn't need to resort to it.
>proving these scenarios could happen doesn't prove that men are generally more suitable for an arduous lifestyle of a wastelander because................ it just doesn't, okay?!
Absolutely maniacal post.
>Likewise, said woman could be way larger and stronger than the average man (again, you claim any man would have and advantage and only men would be able to traverse the wasteland).
So are we still arguing on a real life basis still or do we have to accept there are women in Fallout that look like fucking Noi from Dorohedoro?! Whatever happened to physical strength being useless? Jfc don't backpedal so hard.
>If you want to go down the route of exceptions and specific scenarios there's no end to this shit, yet you fail to see it.
I can keep going all day, tranny.
>Fact is you cannot prove that it'd be 100% impossible for a woman to traverse the wasteland and it'd be only possible for a man. So why do you keep shitposting?
In New Vegas's case, yes it does rely on suspension of disbelief, like many things in fiction do. It doesn't prove that women are equals.
>>
>>2719748
I didn't care for the companions in the game, I just do their quest then leave them in the Lucky 38 for the rest of the game. The only companion I ever keep with me is ED-E.
>>
>>2724951
Can't even use most companions that aren't anti-Legion anyways. Cucked libshit game.
>>
is ulysses based nigger or not?
>>
File: 5123452345.png (596 KB, 314x817)
596 KB
596 KB PNG
>>2724960
Raul and Rex are all you need.
>>
>>2719748
>This whole thread
Why the fuck are crpgfags so mentally ill?
>a lot of her lines are just her being confrontational towards you or bitching about something, even if you do her quests she still acts like a cunt with a chip on her shoulder, and yet the ending slides treat her as if she was this great friend to you, when all she does is nag and complain
I don't remember her being particularly bitchy in-game outside of when you are recruiting her, and even then it is more "my caravans got fucked by raiders so I am in a foul mood" than anything else.
>>
>>2725275
The problem is that her mood doesn't seem to change even after her quest is done, she's always irritable both in tone and voice lines.
>>
>>2723479
>Raul is both more fun to be around and destroys the concept of weapon durability.
People don't 100 repair? Wtf?
>>
>>2719748
I always get her killed by the Van Graffs. It's way more useful to have the Van Graffs as an available merchant than Cass as an NPC. The strongest NPC by far is 'Old Vaquero' Raul with Medicine Stick anyway.
>>
>>2725275
>I don't remember her being particularly bitchy in-game
Coomer RPG players are so used to ego stroking characters that any character that doesn't comes across "bitchy" to them.
>>
>>2724589
Anon, using your logic a woman can do that exact same thing if you just up their strength stat.
>>
>>2725606
You have to bare in mind that in game, its the player who chooses to have a stronger or not player character.
Besides, the main characters in the Fallout arent normal individuals. In the case of Fallout lore, its already etablished that tribals are strong on average. Most of the Legion is full of tribal warriors and they live, eat and survive in a place without easy way to live like in California.
Besides, in Fallout 1 and 2, the women NPCs had less HP. Women are weaker than men in Fallout, and it work both in a way to make the story more immersive and in a gamepmay perspective and which target becomes a priority.
In the Morton Brothers encounters, you have to fight their gang and they are tough but the women with are weaker but have a flamethrower that usually one shots you if you around Redding at level 12.
Thats just one exemple, but when it comes to the main character, you have to understand that they are exception and not a status quo.
>>
No one likes her. She's a generic, exaggerated cowboy steryotype which Chris mistakenly thought he could redeem from being hackneyed by rule 64ing.

Rose lowered my estimation of Avellone as a writer.
>>
>>2724302
>Caesar has average intelligence and charisma

>>2724014
Cass isn't a melee or unarmed fighter but her top stat's strength
>strong
>woman

who gave these trash stats? Feel like there's some mecahnical reason they make no sense.

>>2726579
Avellone wrote Ravel again in The Sith Lords.
>>
>>2726579
>Rose
Rose of Sharon
No one calls her Rose
>>
cass's real crime is being locked behind a bunch of shit while not being very useful. you get boone 10 hours in after wandering into novac and he slaps shit. you meet cass at outpost, then go to basically outside of vegas, then go back.
>>
>>2724185
she has a heart attack
>>
>>2725829
>You have to bare in mind that in game
So why do you use that as an argument?
Also you didn't disprove anything, making this entire interaction with you pointless.
>>
>>2724931
>>2724941
>all that text and didn't disprove or prove anything
So you're just here to shitpost.
You have not and cannot prove that it'd be 100% impossible for a woman and only possible for a man to traverse the wasteland.
Until you do, you're just shitposting.
>>
File: 1632220086008.jpg (197 KB, 1200x1023)
197 KB
197 KB JPG
>>2726969
Absolutely true. There should have been some way to tag her along right away.
>>
>>2719822
Do any Bethesda NPCs who travel with the PC have a sense of self preservation for teaming up with them, though?
>>
>>2719755
>>2719753
rope
>>
>>2726975
I never mention the character creation.
I only said that its physically possible to beat a mutant in strength for a human but its a rare occurences that only a few individuals can do.
My entire argument since I interactd in this thread was that raw strength will always be important. Guns dont replace one's physical prowess in the wasteland.
>>
>Has sex with everyone but you
Why do obsidian writers hate romancable npcs so much?
>>
>>2729031
Because it turns romance into a game where doing the right input = sex, which isnt how it works in real life.
>>
File: rrQiIj0r4.png (67 KB, 1024x152)
67 KB
67 KB PNG
>>2719748
>>2729031
I'm neutral towards cass but fuck developer intention
>>
>Can't join your party until after you've already met Boone
>Useless companion perk
I guess "MUH SWEARING LADY" is all some people need to enjoy a character
>>
>>2719755
you ok?
>>
>>2723129
Fleas escaping her used up, filthy body
>>
>>2725016
Can't get Raoul, because it shuts down the best radio station
>>
>>2729543
Does it even play music? The only radio station I've ever enjoyed across the three 3d fallout games is the Unclave one.
>>
File: tactical plastic bag.jpg (34 KB, 566x425)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>2723677
>Even back in the ancient world or later on history with the Talibans, men hide in the desert and jumps on you at last moment notice.
See those things in the talibans hands there?
>Never think you are safe with a gun.
Well my grandpa told me the best trick to win a knife fight is a suprise illegal hand gun (although you'll probably have to do some time and get cut anyway) so that's just like your opinion, man. Bet you've never been to prison either.
>>
File: hubwhiskeyquarterly.png (296 KB, 1024x768)
296 KB
296 KB PNG
>>2719748
Great outfit, generally relatable character (frontier caravaneer to frontier courier) and alignment (Neutral to Chaotic Good) to the character, and solid skillset for the setting (leverguns and shotguns usage, and drinkin' whiskey). I'm not personally a fan of her so much, don't like any NV companions besides ED-E, but Cass being generally well-liked makes sense.
>>2719803
>You do not have women run around solo in the wild west
It's not the Wild West, you fucking dipshit. Fictional universes are not implausible because you only apply the most baseline shallow comparisons to it and make all your intelligent observations about it from those assumptions and context.
>physical strength mattering regarding violence after firearms are invented
>>2719822
I find it implausible you have an IQ more than room temperature.
>>2722832
>Plus she never gets to fuck that random soldier because I never side with the NCR.
10 INT 10 PER poster right here.
>>
The 21 foot rule is for people with 21 IQ and under.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDOOKWKM3wM
>>
File: 13461346.jpg (55 KB, 1200x1200)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>2722832
>She's a rough and tumble cowgirl caravaneer out on the frontier with a heart of gold and a mouth that'd make a sailor blush. What's not to like?
>>
File: 1643024572545.jpg (428 KB, 1276x408)
428 KB
428 KB JPG
>>2729031
>>
>>2731264
>I don't want you to think you can "win" at romance
>Sure, every other adult theme in this game you can actually "win" with
>But not romance, romance is sacred to me
Very cool. One night even say based perhaps?
>>
>>2731264
Once again authors and game designers just can not or do not want to explore diplomacy builds and social interactions any deeper than "roll once to beat skill check" or even just "have X diplo skill to win". It's fine for a person in fallout New Vegas to create a character that can punch ANYTHING to death no matter how absurd, but God forbid you speech 100, cha 10 character with social perks out the ass but don't you DARE THINK you can impact MY carefully crafted SOCIAL FRAMEWORK within the game!!
>>
File: 1560077035723.jpg (10 KB, 389x377)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>2731264
>posted December 2006
>Obsidian's next game had the best romance in the history of vidya
Pretty based, balance man. I'll still never forgive you for not giving me my perfect tiefling tomboy romance, but credit where it's due.
>>
>>2731228
Why do we cringe? Just because we've heard it before, that makes it bad? It's not necessarily a tired old cliche because people like that really do exist. Yet still we cringe.
>>
>>2730533
>See those things in the talibans hands there?
The other retard thought that if he were in a desert with a gun he wouldnt be even touched or attacked or that he would surely spot desert raiders and tribals who spend all their living years stalking in the desert. Obvioulsy in the modern world, a gun has more versatility than a spear but in the world of Fallout where and survival is key, and ressource are rare (like bullets, water and other comidity) knowing how to use a knife and having physical strength is a necessary especially when your gun jams or if you got jumped in a corner.
>Well my grandpa told me the best trick to win a knife fight is a suprise illegal hand gun
If you have 12 ft range from a nigger with a knife you might have a chance of survival, that is if this nigger dont stab or slash a vein before you dump a mag on him or your gun jams, etc...
See the vid I posted on the very post you respond.
>Bet you've never been to prison either.
Im no nigger, of course I never been to prison.
>>
File: 1611446750204.jpg (679 KB, 1238x1011)
679 KB
679 KB JPG
>>
>>2719753
>>2719755
Reminder that these are the type of faggots who seethe at demure, proper women.
>>
I used to feel bad giving her to the Graffs. Now I do it every game. Dumb bitch.
>>
I like her attitude
Just go to Maude or Sweetie to fuck
>>
File: 300px-Ugly_Bastard.png (151 KB, 300x507)
151 KB
151 KB PNG
>>2719748
>Download fat mod
>Download food mod
>Download sexual domination mod
>Take Cass into the desert alone
Heh nothing personal Chris Avellone, just 'taking care' of this rose.
>>
>>2719748
Cowboy girls are hot, sue me. If she wasn't so loose she'd be perfect, but in the wasteland she lands firmly in the "good enough" category.
>>
>>2719753
i know this man he lives in brazil
>>
File: 1627250842915.jpg (27 KB, 563x434)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
BPD
AND WHISKY
>>
>>2719834
The game starts with you getting shot in the head and dying and then not dying or having any permanent damage. Real world "rules" are flexible to service the story and characters and generally you just sound like a retard.
>>
So I'm not an Incel or whatever I'm just more confused that the game assumes you like Cass and find her cool. Im not an alcoholics are cool guy. I don't see the appeal of the whiskey drinking hard ballin gal. But not in a misogynist way more in an apathetic 'why is this cool' way.
Maybe it's a generational thing

The older I get the more I dislike new vegas in general. A lot of it's tropes and content aren't as fun as it seems to want me to think
>>
>>2719823
Name one game that lampshades it
>>
also I have no stakes in this argument except that the notion that physical strength doesn't matter in a world where guns exist is the most retarded shit I've ever heard
>>
>>2735955
This! It's more pathetic than anything, she's just an alcoholic with a bad temper that allows her addiction to be the basis of her entire personality, and yet the game treats this as some quirk and assumes that will will like her and become fast friends. And normalfags eat that shit up!
>>
>>2719748
>go out of your way to pick up someone as a companion
>"What the fuck why is the game forcing this person down my throat and acting like we're friends??"
>>
>>2736850
You can get out of your way to pick any other companion and the game doesn't act like you're friends.
>>
>>2735955
>A lot of it's tropes and content aren't as fun as it seems to want me to think
In the case of Cass, its just goes well with the Cowboy aesthetic Fallout has since the first game.
And its not like its on your head neither, Cass is th eonly alcholohic with extensive dialogue.
>>
>>2736828
>yet the game treats this as some quirk and assumes that will will like her
No, its because she is the daughter of Cassidy, same temper, same quirks but now depressed and vengeful. New fags, I swear.
>>
File: 1606175657949.jpg (9 KB, 335x200)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>2737048
>yeah buh-but muh fallout 2 did it!
This has to be a joke.
>>
>>2737068
The other retard asks why she was loved by most fans, I said thats because she is a call back from a beloved character and has nice quotes that fit the Cowboy theme of FNV. What is it so hard to understand ?
>>
>>2737402
Is that reference to Dusk Till Dawn pussy advertisement?
>>
>>2737405
Yes. Many such cases. Don't really know why they added wild wasteland perk to fallout New Vegas since fallout always had this stuff but then again not a big deal either way.
>>
>>2737415
>fallout always had this stuff
Not really. Bashing your head in with non-stop oh so funny pop culture references was a fallout 2 thing. The first game was nowhere near as bad.
>>
>>2719753
>>2719791
Depends if you bitch and moan. I kill complainers, I killed op, and I'm here to kill you, too.
>>
>>2737448
It has some, Fallout was just smaller than its sequel.
Between Wasteland references with the whole town of Junktown, Killian, Gizmo, and Tycho. The chewing bubble gum, litterally Loxley, and various random encounter, I'd say Fallout has it fair share of reference given its length.
>>
>>2737448
Fallout 2 is almost three times longer and has, unsurprisingly, around three times more references. Sources: the fallout wiki and howlongtobeat.
The number of whacky references in fallout New Vegas I think is as much as fallout 1 but that source is my ass.
>>
File: 1613159678868.png (14 KB, 800x500)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>2737405
Yes, FO2 is pop culture references: the game.
>>2737487
FONV had fuck all whacky references though, FO3 and 4 beat it in that; why the mod to make Wild Wasteland a default setting and not take a Trait slot came out.
>>
>>2722590
Bro what the fuck are you talking about
That's just real life

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.