[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 114 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

File: 1607257388.png (1.37 MB, 1364x784)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB PNG
Where my PCbros at? It seems like the modding community has gone too far...
>>
>mods will fix SoS PoOT!
>PoOT comes to PC - moddable
>guy makes tools, documentation and several test mods to show how game can be improved
>no one make mods
>
>mods will fix RF4S and make the dragon marriageable!
>RF4S comes to PC - moddable
>guy makes tools to extract assets makes a test mod to change stores, items and recipes
>modders use tools to only make tranny pronoun mods and sprite recolors
>
>mods will fix RF5, remove bi shit and make the dragons fuckable!
>RF5 comes to PC tomorrow....
EVERY SINGLE TIME so I'll say it now: PC mods will fix RF6!
>>
>>2689727
Well the RF4 alternative skin mods worked in my favor since i could finally do a /u/ playthrough on PC, but then i found Frey's default outfit nipple tires to be extremely disconcerting to stare at to the point that i wanted to go back to playing Lest.
I guess RF5 mods could step up from mere design reworks and also make use of those abandoned audio files, turning the loli and a couple other characters into marriageable choices.
>>
>>2689451
Is this really that interesting to talk about? I'm all for Rune Factory getting more mod support but fact of the matter is there isn't a whole lot of existing material to discuss. Mostly just small cosmetic changes. Most interesting mods I've seen so far was the additional recipes mod.
>>
Does Rune Factory 4 have any modding tools available? I'd be happy if RF4 got even a quarter of the modding support Stardew Valley got.
>>
>>2689451
I just bought RF5 on PC and there's nothing anyone can do about it.
>>
>>2689451
oh RF5 is out on pc? i'll pirate it.
>>
>>2689812
RF5 gamer port is releasing tomorrow nigg. Fingers crossed, the eventual mods are going to fix any FPS issues still present and unlock the forbidden cunny bachelorette too, saving the franchise
>>
>>2689892
good luck writting the tons of additional dialogue for her, the only thing we have are a few scrapped marriage lines
I still believe on the possibility of cunny DLC
>>
>>2689832
out in 17 hours
Already pre-ordered 3, one as gift for my girlfriend
>>
>>2689957
nice. im glad you have a cute gf who plays weeb games.
>>
>>2689957
>willingly letting yourself be ntred by murakumo
Wtf did you do it's only a matter of time until she falls for her husbando and breaks up with you
>>
I only just got into Rune Factory. I've never owned a DS or 3DS so I only played Story of Seasons/Harvest Moon games and even thoughs I don't play often since every release has always felt just lazy or worse than the previous, plus they were also more handheld focused for the last decade and and half. But recently I had an itch to play some Harvest Moon and tried the latest one that came out on steam. It wasn't awful, but very underwhelming, so I got tired of it pretty quick. So I finally just got a DS emulator to try Rune Factory. I figured I'd at least try the original even though it seems to be the least liked. It was okay, but the absolutely pathetic state of the festivals killed it for me. Now I've just gone to 4 since it seems to be the most well liked, and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I'm past my hours with Olive Town and it's still holding up. It feels like they actually gave a shit and put effort in this one. Tons of content, dialog and secrets and actual festivals with actual mini games and shit. I don't love the town, I wish they used an isometric perspective or something else then the weird mixed perspective they used. Seems like a waste to just make everything this flat straight foward view when they're using prerendered backgrounds where you can do pretty much anything and make really cool scenes with, but oh well. Also 1 had this as well, but I don't like how every female love interest has autism and retardation set to max. I know anime has a festish for girls with mental disabilities, but I think they've gone overboard. Also the story is meh, but that's something I really don't care about wither way, although I don't understand why Norad hasn't just invaded and crushed the retard sex empire considering they obviously has every evil intention on the book. Maybe there's some lore explanation, but from what little I've read it seems like Norad has badass Dragon deities and shit and should be able to crush them.
>>
>>2689727
>guy makes tools, documentation and several test mods to show how game can be improved
Link please, not gonna mod PoOT but eager to mod RF 5, considering that they both use unity and il2cpp.
>>
>>2690666
It is a discord link for most of the tools. Do you still want it?
>>
>>2690672
I'll have to make an account, but sure.
>>
>>2690676
zz5DjPQ
Just go to rf5-dataming channel. Should have everything you need to know there
>>
>>2690682
Thanks
>>
The crack is up
>>
>>2691427
Care to share? Can't find it in my usual trackers yet.
>>
I'm playing RF4S and damn the smithing system is kinda crazy with this whole inheritance shit
>>
File: Livia16.jpg (197 KB, 1062x1500)
197 KB
197 KB JPG
>>2689953
You have to let go.
Marvelous abandoned finishing this game and is leaving it in its garbage pre-beta state.
>>
>>2691616
Check the /v/ shitposting thread
>>
Is there a quicker way to check what's the max level seeds you have shipped than physically going to the store in RF4S? The shipping box doesn't tell exactly that
>>
File: 1636260599290.jpg (81 KB, 1200x675)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
Forte best girl
>>
i thought 5 game was bad?
>>
I'm playing RF4S right now and I wanna know something about merging accessories, I got magic earrings with a heart pendant merged upon creation, Barret refers to the heart pendant when asked about about it so I'm good with the exp bonus, I wanna fuse it with a happy ring, if I fuse that magic earring in the creation process of another accessory, will the heart pendant effect also transfer? I tried doing it and Barret did mention the magic earring in how it was created, but I'm not sure if he should have referred to the heart pendant that's within the magic earring so I savescummed away, would this mention of the magic earring suffice to guarantee I got my heart pendant effect from this combo?
>>
>>2692976
It is.
>>
File: fuuka26-min.png (732 KB, 1920x1080)
732 KB
732 KB PNG
how did they
>>
File: fuuka27-min.png (782 KB, 1920x1080)
782 KB
782 KB PNG
translate
>>
File: fuuka28-min.png (786 KB, 1920x1080)
786 KB
786 KB PNG
lewd fuuka dialogue?
>>
What sets these games apart from Harvest Moon, exactly? Never played one before but I played the fuck out of the GBA Harvest Moon as a little child.
>>
>>2694247
Simple but enjoyable action-based combat and Elder Scrolls-style leveling.
>>
>>2694247
It has dungeon crawling with action combat, crafting, monster taming on top of Harvest Moons usual fishing, crop farming and romance.
>>
>>2692976
thats 2. 5 a step down from 4 but is ok overall, better than the others
>>
How's RF5? I was thinking about getting it and was wondering what's been improved/QoL, what's been made worse, etc and how it compares to the previous games
>>
File: unknown.png (888 KB, 776x1024)
888 KB
888 KB PNG
>>2694449
5 isn't as good as 4. Characters aren't as good, the transition to 3d left combat feeling cluny, things like render distance are an issue even on PC. Progression is a little weird as well. For some reason you don't have the flowershop unlocked from the start (god help you if you eat the toyherb used for the fetch quest tutorial), so chemistry is nerfed until you get like 4 or 5 dungeons into the game. The open world is pretty empty.

All that being said, I think it's a fine game. 4 just set the bar very high. I'm desperately hoping that since 5 was made in unity we'll see a healthy modding scene develop.
>>
>>2689451
>RF5
All the girls here super boring or annoying except the elf and succubus
Guess i'm getting ELF'D(Again)
>>
>>2694655
>I'm desperately hoping that since 5 was made in unity we'll see a healthy modding scene develop.
well, good news for you anon, it IS in fact made in Unity
>>
Can Amber switch back into her monster form at will in combat or is it a boss-exclusive form?
>>
>>2692976
5 is cleanly worse than 4 outside of purely subjective areas, like soundtrack, character design, ect, but isn't bad.
>>
>>2693080
No, to my knowledge, inherited items cannot themselves be inherited, accessory and shoe effects are only transferred based on the main effect of the item included. You need an extra copy of the accessory or shoe effect to he inherited, which is why you should usually use the rarest/most obnoxious to make items as your base, in the absence of very strong base stats, or any sort of "final" item. The only thing that an upgraded item has to offer over its basic version is the standard boost to its value.

Please, correct me if anyone knows any hard code to the contrary, I'm only mostly certain this is how it works.
>>
>>2694834
Boss exclusive, but you can recruit that boss' butterfly form as a pet monster. It takes Giant Toyherbs, I think? You can get those reasonably early if you grind some cash. Save before you try of course, brush it until hearts stop appearing (20 times?), and this early you probably don't have a Love element weapon, but if you do, whack it with one once, all before giving it the Giant Toyherbs.

No, Bernie in no way comments or acknowledges that you have domesticated her monstrous form. Same goes for the monster forms of Dylas and Dolce, I honestly forget if you can even recruit Leon's monster.
>>
>>2694851
nice, thanks anon
>>
File: 2112.jpg (208 KB, 948x751)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
>>
>>2694827
anon I'm not sure you read my post correctly
>>
File: nFokMVv.png (24 KB, 500x478)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
>>2695123
>>
What's everyone's favorite weapon/type of magic?

I really love water spells, especially once the water lasers come in full force
>>
>>2694881
Incidentally.

To get giant crops or flowers, plant 4 of that crop in a quadrant, sprinkle Giantizer on them, then don't harvest them once they're grown. After a few days, they'll start to get bigger, then will clump together into one mega crop, that you can harvest for the giant version. If you don't have a magnifying glass to monitor Soil health, I reccomend tilling two Dry Grass into the quadrant as well, and if after a few days they haven't changed at all, till some more in.
To till Dry Grass into a field... put it on a field quadrant and hit it with your hoe. You can do the same thing, to much greater effect with Corn or 4 Leaf Clovers. Clovers generally are far more valuable otherwise, but growing a few pieces of Corn here and there for the purpose of tilling it isn't the worst idea. Dry Grass is the best choice though, try not to just ship it.

There are ways to make soil automatically try to enlarge crops, but honestly that's a bit above my pay grade. I know sometimes, you can double dip on a Giantizer by immediately planting four of a quick growing crop, like Turnips or Spinach on the spot afterwards, and following the same process.

Besides boss gifts, a few quests, and I think a few of the higher difficulty versions of Chemistry recipies there's not really any special purpose for Giant crops though.
>>
>>2695238
In 3 and 4, Spears by far. Plain ol' Water Laser 1 is the only damn spell you need.

5, I defaulted to Spears, but from my time playing around, I think Gloves were my favorite. Spells are kind of a hard sell in 5, but one of the Fire spells, that creates the meteors is really good. Water Laser is okay, but has suffered greatly.
>>
>>2695123
Damn ye! Let Neptune strike ye dead Anon! HAAAAAAAAAAAARK!
Hark Triton, hark! Bellow, bid our father the Sea King rise from the depths full foul in his fury! Black waves teeming with salt foam to smother this young mouth with pungent slime, to choke ye, engorging your organs til’ ye turn blue and bloated with bilge and brine and can scream no more -- only when he, crowned in cockle shells with slitherin’ tentacle tail and steaming beard take up his fell be-finned arm, his coral-tine trident screeches banshee-like in the tempest and plunges right through yer gullet, bursting ye -- a bulging bladder no more, but a blasted bloody film now and nothing for the harpies and the souls of dead anons to peck and claw and feed upon only to be lapped up and swallowed by the infinite waters of the Dread Emperor himself -- forgotten to any man, to any time, forgotten to any god or devil, forgotten even to the sea, for any stuff for part of Anon, even any scantling of your soul is Anon no more, but is now itself reddit!
>>
How playable is the game now on PC master race?

Is it really the definitive version to experience the game that people hoped it to be?
>>
>>2695322
>Is it really the definitive version to experience the game that people hoped it to be?
Yes,better graphics,better fps,better controls it's an improved over the switch version in every single way
>>
>>2695322
it's really good

hell, even on a (relatively cheap) gaming laptop i can play on max settings without issue
>>
RF5 seems mostly fine, but god HM cannot exist in any other way than top down gameplay/VN conversations. I also hate how slow dashes feel, but that's nitpicking. Apart from that I guess it seems to be perfectly serviceable, just doesn't live up to the bar RF4 set.
>>
>>2695123
bro's is runefactory going to be okay? This is the first one in the series I've played, but their previous company went bankrupt and it took them like 8 years to make this, it's not bad and I'm having an okay time with it, but I'm not sure if this bodes well for the future.
>>
>>2695123
>there are more people playing wow than ffxiv right now
>>
File: 2544.jpg (214 KB, 948x750)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
>>2695152
>>2695305
>>2696585
Meant nothing negative from it. It's just interesting seeing the numbers. The all-time peak rose over 2500.

>>2696438
Rune Factory 5 sold 500,000 worldwide by March 2022 which took the Atelier series 23 years and viral fanart just to reach for one game. The worrying part is how the publisher pushed out 2 buggy, incomplete games of the same genre 3 months apart (JP Story of Seasons and Rune Factory). There is definitely some mismanagement happening again but they'll surely make Rune Factory 6 and they'll hopefully make it much better since plenty of the early RF5 buyers will be wary this time.
>>
>>2696621
I suppose it will rise to 3000 or so until the initial batch of buyers finally beat the story content. Future mods will also keep the count up
>>
The spouses suck in this game. Rune Factory? More like Trans Tactlessly.
>>
>>2697519
Really? I find most of em likable, the only thing that saddens me is just how many of them are boys (really hoped the smith's apprentice would be a kuudere waifu)
>>
File: scarlett.jpg (522 KB, 1826x1018)
522 KB
522 KB JPG
>>2689451
Scarlett best girl. It's not even close.
>>
>>2696621
>Atelier
Why compare two utterly different things? If you do that, you could also compare this to Persona. In fact, Rune Factory is closer to Persona than to Atelier. Social life simulation (aka "dating sim") with dungeon shit on top.
>>
File: 00-25-46.jpg (1.5 MB, 1440x5606)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB JPG
>>2699623
>Why compare two utterly different things?
They are both budget niche series with a heavy slice-of-life focus where the developers had to pump out one game a year for their business to make sense. Atelier is still going strong despite way more years of low sales so in response to "is Rune Factory going to be okay?" it's a pretty safe bet that Rune Factory 6 will exist when RF is starting to outpace Atelier.

>In fact, Rune Factory is closer to Persona than to Atelier. Social life simulation (aka "dating sim") with dungeon shit on top.
People who like Rune Factory would definitely find Atelier to be more welcoming than Persona. They have similar fantasy settings and the gameplay loop of battle monsters, gathering materials, story events, tons of character events and spending hours farming/crafting. Even a lot of what the the communities say end up being the same:
>"levels don't matter, you need to make better equipment"
>"too many events when I'm here trying to farm/craft",
>"the story has never been a big focus in this series, you shouldn't expect much"
>"muh comfy"
Your day-to-day life in Persona is much more confined and railroaded so it's closer to what people expect from a standard rpg. Not to mention Persona has always been relatively well-known and praised, it just took a while for the sales to catch up so it's still a poor choice for comparison here.
>>
>playing malemc
Cringe lol
>>
Which game in the series have better girls? For me it's 3 because it have more options
>>
>>2699968
Also 3 for me, it's the game that gave me the same magic of playing Harvest Moon BtN/FoMT for the first time, it also convinced me the Rune Factory spin-offs are better than the recent Harvest Moon/Story of Season games.
4 and Frontier aren't far behind though.
>>
>>2699961
Sorry i'm not trans
>>
File: Rune_Factory_5_CFe8jVdxoe.jpg (363 KB, 1912x1049)
363 KB
363 KB JPG
Model Swap is a thing now
Use cheat table from
https://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?p=258863&sid=2efc9c1c2850517bf4310f5fecbcdb0b#p258863
and follow what written on
https://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?p=259459#p259459
PlayerModel 0 to 33 work in most case
>>
>>2700282
It begins
>>
>>2700282
Donovan mod when
>>
>>2699968
Depends.
4 and Tides have overall my best spread. I like everyone, and have multiple frontrunners that make choosing just one extremely difficult. 4 has Margaret, Xiao Pai, and Amber as frontrunners, with Clorica, Forte, and Dolce all still fantastic, and probably just down to taste. Tides has (it's been a minute, can't remember all names) Maerwyn, Makoto, the Innkeeper girl, Pandora, the golem/scientist/whatever girl, and the lazy tomboy. Maerwyn's ears seem especially rubbable, for whatever reason.

3 has a less overall good spread, but Pia is probably one of my top waifus in the series. Love me insane fish girl, simple as. It has less consistency than 4, but similar peaks. Sofia, Raven, Jewess, and maybe Carmen, all great. Colette, Uni-Baby, and Vanilla bring the average down a bit.

I never played 1 or Frontier. My memory of 2 is fuzzy, but I recall Yue, the witch/weather/fortune telling girl, and Dorothy being pretty good. Can't say with specificity though, it's been too long.

I haven't spent enough time with 5 to say for certain, but, my current take is that despite giving more time to the bachelor/ettes, most of them end up much weaker than 3's good ones, or 4, and Tides. Scarlett, Priscilla, and Beatrice seem like the only particularly interesting ones, and Beatrice is almost entirely because she's the only source of the charming brand of insanity that plagues this continent, and makes for good waifus. In 3 or 4, she'd be pretty unremarkable, but she's the only crazy you can stick your dick into in town.

5 has pretty shit husbandos, too. 4 had some pretty good husbandos, and while Tides had very limited husbandos, there were some decent ones.
5 has, fucking, what, Murakumo if you just want the huge dicking and don't care what's going on under the hood, and knight autismo for all but explicit threesomes with Beatrice.
Not a single husbando that comes close to Dylas, Arthur, or Kiel.
>>
>>2695123
Rune Facory is a game begging for multiplayer. Imagine being able to invite your friends to your world and delving into dungeons together.
>>
>>2695238
Spear. Any game where I can use a spear its going to be spear. One day I'll run a spear through Tod's wreched heart.
>>
File: pain.png (78 KB, 1385x398)
78 KB
78 KB PNG
>all of the english text is stored in one file
>pic related
why can't anything be easy
>>
>>2701806
Are you trying to add more lines?
>>
>>2701636
Imagine starting the marriage event for your waifu, only for your bro to reveal he has more hearts with her, and steal her at the wedding?
>>
>>2702059
You could do that in Rune Factory 2. I probably enjoyed stealing Cecelia away at her wedding a lot more than I should. Unsurprisingly this sets any friendship you may have had with the ex-groom back to 0
>>
Just got RF5 running on PC, it's criminal how much better it is than the Switch version
>>
>>2702061
>>>/v/
>>
>>2696621
Sakuna was cute and fun. Too bad it does not seem super popular.
>>
I really love Lucy's "Heck yeah! " every time she levels up.
>>
>>2702581
It unironically filters people, which is a big deal on an otherwise pretty relaxed and casual genera.

Combat is pretty tough in Sakuna, and you actually need to learn, and learn fast, how to plant rice pretty well, or else the game says "fuck you, shitter, do it again".

Which is a shame, 'cause it's an amazing game, but, that's just the genre it was plopped into.

Also a bit cute and funny for some people's taste. Not even that cute and funny, but just enough.
>>
>>2704540
The combat and planting stuff was my favorite parts though, but it was pretty much the first game in the genre I tried. Never could get into animal farm or that super popular farming game on steam.
>>
Is Rune Factory 2 still worth a playthrough even with the generations/ntr jank?
>>
>>2704605
If you want a big titty wife it's the only game in town other than Oceans
>>
>>2704540
I picked the game up a long time ago, mainly because I was a huge fan of Fairy Bloom Freesia. I haven't played it yet because I'm lazy. Is it pretty much just that game but with farming on top of it?
>>
>>2704926
I've never played that, but from the looks of a few seconds of gameplay footage, it's close?

The main difference (I guess, at least, I don't know anything for sure) is that in Sakuna, fighting monsters doesn't make you stronger.
To get stronger, you need to plant and process rice, logic being as a god of the harvest, people growing shit is good for you. The process is multi stage, fairly elaborate, and has degrees of timing and diligence to stick to. If you lose track of time and let your water drain too low, then your harvest will be worse, and your stats will be worse, and you'll know it. It's hard to giga fuck up, but even just knowing you aren't going to get much stronger this year can be rough.

I can't recall, but I remember something about the controls kinda annoyed me, I can't say for sure what it was, but whatever it was kinda made the controls a bit sloppy, which, whether intentional or not, make it hard to just perfect input your way around shit.

It's fun and engaging, for sure, and the process of growing and harvesting rice, and getting better at it is great, but if you can't stand fucking up, and the game letting you know you did, it can be rough.

It's also a fucking gorgeous game, visuals, sounds, and music are all on point, but, that could just be me.
>>
>>2704917
still went for the cute (half)elf
>>
>>2704917
If my memory serves, Oceans actually has a few titties.
>>
>>2694209
>>2694212
>>2694215
Is this an innuendo? I understand everything just fine, but the だめ at the end throws me off.
>>
>>2710011
nevermind, maybe should I actually read the options presented, I feel foolish.
>>
>>2710011
What is she and these options saying?
>>
File: youcan't.jpg (41 KB, 375x375)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>2711352
>>
>>2711352
she is mimicking the "do you want food, a bath, or me?" stock phrase but she is only asking about different types of fish. the protagonist can choose to ask for her instead.
>>
If Harvestella is revealed to have a waifu/husubando mechanic, this series will either die or be forced to actually step up their fucking game.
I'm thinking things are leaning towards the former.

Though quite frankly, I'm surprised it took this long for another major player to try throwing their hat in the anime JRPG farming sim arena with their own original IP.
>>
>>2690007
>nice. im glad you have a cute gf who plays weeb games.
He didn't say his girlfriend was cute.
>>
File: Emo.jpg (1.45 MB, 4130x1551)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB JPG
Here are your Rune Factory 6 bachelorettes.

>>2711638
>or be forced to actually step up their fucking game
I would say this will happen just from Harvestella existing regardless of if it has romance or not. There are already plenty of people mentioning RF poorly on youtube videos or tweets of Harvestella and what they've shown so far is already good enough to satisfy the majority of people. The difference in character art style is enough to keep RF alive for now.

That said, I'm still on hopeium that Harvestella has romance no matter how bad or good it is just so that Hakama/Marvelous will feel extra pressured to do more than just the bare minimum of releasing a bug free RF6 and so that less people will downplay how rich Harvestella (probably) feels in most areas compared to RF5.
>>
>>2712675
I like the artstyle but the game seems to follow a "no fun allowed vibe".
>>
>>2712675
>That said, I'm still on hopeium that Harvestella has romance no matter how bad or good it is
Honestly, it shouldn't be too hard. Just add a few cutscenes that unlock on different thresholds of an affection meter and add some flirty dialogues here and there. It's not like the romance systems of RF were particularly complex. What's important here is making the bachelors and bachelorettes endearing to the player. For a lot of the RF games, the romance aspect just seems to be tacked on for people to have waifu/husubandofag competitions online.

But if they actually want to integrate the romance into the mechanics and story, and I hope they'll do it similar to RF3. RF3 isn't my favourite bachelorette roster, but I think they handled the romance aspect the best with the whole romance thing actually being tied to the endgame events. I still think Micah doping up on the power of love and becoming immune to damage to steal back his waifu from that faggot wife stealing dragon Aquaticus to be the peak anime as fuck moment in the entirety of the series.
>>
>>2711638
>square enix
Dead on arrival, they seem to care litte for anything that isn't final fantasy nowdays.
>>
>>2712675
None of those "bachelorettes" looks good. They look like generic Trails or FE chicks with sameface syndrome.
>There are already plenty of people mentioning RF poorly on
Yeah lol and there's plenty of people loving the shit out of RF5 (PC) and modders actively improving the game unlike RF4S. Harvestella is being shilled hard everywhere because it's Squeenix shills. On release you'll see hundreds of paid streamers playing it and then it'll be forgotten like every Squeenix shit. RF5 will still be talked about years from now and it'll only get better. Marvelous made a farming sim with soul and it doesn't need paid shills. Harvestella will flop and it doesn't even have romance lol
>>
>>2701636
Imagine fucking Anon's wife with your bros.
>>
>>2714931
I'm insecure about RF's future too bro.
>>
>>2714931
Yes 4 did have soul, but that's not really relevant now.
>>
>>2712675
>5 identical clones with diffrent wigs.
Zzz
>>
>>2712675
Are you sure that bottom middle isn't a boy? The male protag also looks like a girl, so I'm not confident that Heine doesn't have a feminine penis.
>>
>>2712675
DQ farming+lifesim spin-off, when?
>>
>>2689727
be the change you wish to see in the world
>>
>>2712675
what do the bachelors look like?
>>
I have put at least 500 hours into my 3ds RF4 save and didn't even realize they released a PC port a year back. Is it possible to transfer that save data to the new version in some way?
>>
File: Asyl.jpg (480 KB, 3094x868)
480 KB
480 KB JPG
>>2716226
Young knight, faceless knight, and a unicorn.
>>
>>2716381
...are you sure Asyl isn't a girl?
>>
File: Asy.jpg (144 KB, 1031x847)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>>2716399
Yes. He's just cute. No homo.

>>2715731
Heine's...most likely...probably a girl.
>>
>>2716786
That's a very cute girl(male), except for that retarded bandage around her(male) sleeve.
>>
>>2716381
>unicorn
I'm guessing he''s another bara quasi-furry
>>
>>2712675
How long until we get more news about this game?
>>
File: In your home.jpg (420 KB, 1099x2488)
420 KB
420 KB JPG
>>2717588
Probably at Tokyo Game Show in September which falls nicely around 2 months after reveal/2 months before release. They're also drip feeding stuff we already know on the Harvestella Twitter account.
>>
>>2716381
this art style is cancer
>>
>>2717696
Oh, first time I've seen some kind affection meter in this games screenshots.
So waifu/husubando system confirmed?
>>
Slut factory.
>>
>>2718433
Not confirmed on the other sites but the German site mentions living together after you raise friendship so there's hope.
>>
>>2717696
Can I kick this girl out of my home when I want to cohabitate with a cuter girl? I'm not into third wheel cuckery
>>
File: mod.jpg (464 KB, 1959x911)
464 KB
464 KB JPG
>>
>>2722436
I know this is a post about the outrage of people modding the game in a direction you don't like, but I'm going to reconvert it in a lament about the best girls not being romanceable.
>>
>>2722436
Radea,livia and terry have marriage and children voiced lines both in english and japanese ...they are marked as DLC
Some dataminers fond that you indeed could dated even give nick names to fox milf
>>
Bump
>>
>>2715731
God I want to suck her feminine penis
>>
any good mods yet?
>>
File: Brakka.jpg (1.1 MB, 3008x1695)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
>>2712675
>>2716381
New Harvestella stuff: https://www.square-enix-games.com/en_US/news/fresh-look-harvestella
>>
>>2726463
Asyl still looks like a girl to me. Look at how WIDE those hips are. You could tell me that Brakka is a girl too and I'd believe it. I'm no stranger to anime pretty boys, but something about this artstyle just makes everyone look like a girl.
>>
File: reee.png (472 KB, 942x1531)
472 KB
472 KB PNG
>>2726463
>the strawberry shortcake is still "strawberry shortcake"
Go all in on the stupid renames or don't do it at all, please
>>
>>2702093
Well, fuck Jake, his ass deserved it. Somebody post the webm.
>>
>>2726463
https://twitter.com/Stealth40k/status/1554915203036356610
https://www.classification.gov.au/titles/harvestella
>Harvestella is being developed by Live Wire, the team behind Ender Lilies: Quietus of the Knights.
Is this a good thing? Was Ender Lilies a quality game?
>>
>>2726706
I liked it a lot. As far as indie metroidvanias go it wasn't completely linier, which is something most fail at. There's plenty of secrets to find as well, though some feel like you have to exploit how certain attacks make you gain a tiny bit of height to get. Combat was fun too, you have plenty of options that feel viable. You can reasonable juggle most enemies though evasion was mostly i-frame based. Bosses were pretty well design other than the final boss, who mostly just sits in the background and summons adds.
>>
>>2722997
Hope, there is still hope
>>
>>2726463
Istina is actually hot and isn't wearing generic J fantasy clothes so she must be a cannot have
>>
>>2727934
Isn't everyone in Harvestella a cannot have to begin with? Getting friendzoned by a smoking hot oneesan is arguably even worse than not getting close to her at all.
>>
>>2728375
It's a little unclear. For now it sounds like there will be some kind of romance mechanic but they've been widely stepping around the idea of marriage in the game.
>>
File: ;_;.png (162 KB, 256x384)
162 KB
162 KB PNG
>>2728375
>Getting friendzoned by a smoking hot oneesan
>>
>>2729813
Ugh, rf3 was so goddamn ugly
>>
>>2722997
>Terry marriage
please be real please be real please
>>
So with mods is RF5 good?
>>
>>2732236
No
>>
>>2732236
Last time I checked the girls grew boobs so it's less of a turd now, still fundamentally and incurably a turd though.
>>
>>2732236
No. It has fundamental issues beyond the poor female choices.
>>
>>2730853
RF5 is ugly. RF3 can't be ugly, it has soul.
>>
>>2737489
No, RF3 is ugly as fuck in character design compared to the previous games.
>>
https://www.nexusmods.com/runefactory5/mods/34
>>
>>2737489
how can it be ugly when it has my cute wife fuuka, who is not ugly?
>>
Someone post that RFF vs RF5 comparison full of handmade SOVL vs. stock Unity assets half-assed cashgrab for the 9000th time specifically for this dog fucker.
>>
>>
>>2744499
>>
>>2744499
>>2744500
Doesn't look good, but after 5, i really can't say anything against it.
>>
>>2689451
what influences the level of fish that you catch? Is it just the tier of rod or does your fishing level matter?
>>
>>2744500
The more realistic style clashes pretty heavily with the cartoony looking crops, The stiff animation isn't exactly helping sell the immersion either.

Hopefully the combat and story segments are more polished
>>
>>
>>2748517
Is this domestic abuse?
>>
File: E3wnzBxVgAAkxFO.jpg (289 KB, 2048x992)
289 KB
289 KB JPG
>>
File: RF4.png (848 KB, 688x881)
848 KB
848 KB PNG
Never played any RF before, but 4 is a pretty damn good game
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsV0YD0IBqk
>and a third segment featuring the world premiere of live gameplay for Harvestella from Square-Enix
>>
>>2753813
Please have romance
>>
>your harvestella character has amnesia
>wakes up to a mysterious girl who gives you a farm
How original
>>
I want to marry and have sex with the robot.
>>
>Harvestella has RP too
Also, the running animation looks awful, and I love seeing a fucking pool ladder in the middle of a forest.
>>
File: 2022-08-25 (34).jpg (349 KB, 1920x1080)
349 KB
349 KB JPG
>>
Nigga, just make your own thread if you want to talk about another game
>>
>>2690454
no ones gonna read your thesis nigga
>>
>>2695123
>>2696621
i don't think this game has a big pc audience generally speaking, i have to imagine the overwhelming majority of users will be on switch
>>
File: Chara.jpg (1.2 MB, 2914x1514)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB JPG
https://www.square-enix-games.com/en_US/news/harvestella-fall-preview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8D9mn-s1Tc

The new info confirms that farming and crafting are pretty much Animal Crossing (haven't played) tier simple where all the materials/crops have no levels or differences and strangely those 2x2 squares only count as 1 seed/collected crop. I guess that simplicity works for farming with the daily curfew and Quietus killing everything monthly but it's definitely a minus for the game. There might be different house arrangements like Frontier or at least an expansion. A bit better looking enemy AI than before, nice combat, story, characters, visuals, MC eye/hair/skin color and farm customization should make it a decent seller and though romance is still up in the air. If it gets revealed then selling higher than RF5 wouldn't be out of the question. Then we'll get an even better RF6.

>>2756165
It's a bit self-fulfilling since the PC releases came later. Plus the on-the-go bonus the Switch has for any game. The RF PC audience will definitely grow given how many indie/Early Access farming games there are; We just need more RF games (officially) on PC starting with Frontier Special and Tides of Destiny Special
>>
I just found out that the fox mom isn't a love interest. I only played for 3 hours but three hours is too many on this shit game.
>>
>>2756334
you still have the elf and the succubus
>>
>>2756334
It's to be expected that the actual waifu characters are never marriageable in Rune Factory games. You can't even fuck the dragon lolis in any of the games.
At least RF5 has Fuuka and Ludmilla, otherwise I'd be bored out of my mind with how generic the other heroines are.
>>
>>2756745
Lucy is fine
>>
File: FbGjIg7akAApkib.jpg (1.25 MB, 3840x2160)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
>>2756334
The entire series' rule of thumb is "tits are not marrigeable"
It always feels like everyone worth marrying has already been taken from you before you even got a chance to hit on them, and now you only have second class waifus to choose from because no one else wanted them.

Well, if it's of any consolation, Harvestella won't let you marry anyone at all. Pic related doctor in particular.
>>
File: RF3.jpg (773 KB, 900x1155)
773 KB
773 KB JPG
>>2704605
Played it and to no one's surprise, I didn't like playing it after starting second gen. Maybe I spent too much time in first gen. I also didn't like the male characters, they seemed like assholes compared to the bros type you see in RF3 and RF4. Mana being alone makes her too forced. Then again, this one wasn't my first RF.
>>2738865
They seem overdesigned in comparison to those games. I like Mana's design but wish she had personality, something which most waifus in 3 seem to have.
>>
iirc only one RF game had a girl wih buy boobs you could marry no?
>>
>>2757330
>Lucy
i don't like lucy one bit she reminds me way way to much of my ex like really it's disturbing...
>>
>>2759103
If you're referring to milfs, then no.
>>
File: cute elf is cute.jpg (568 KB, 900x1200)
568 KB
568 KB JPG
>>2699619
true
>>
File: ccrf0184-sc_NO1_600x.jpg (180 KB, 600x600)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>
>>2726706
They knew what they were going for and executed it well. It's not groundbreaking but definitely a quality game.
>>
Could they do a 3d version of rune factory 3 as a remake adding a post game and maybe expanding the girls events and adding dudes for girls?
>>
>>2764960
No.
>>
>>2764960
RF2 was really hard to for me to get far into and I have yet to try RF1, but I really don't think remakes would do any good, especially in this day and age.
>adding a post game and maybe expanding the girls events and adding dudes for girls
I agree with you on post game, but at that point I'd be surprised if you weren't bored out of your mind and moved on to another game. You can pretty much tell marriage was kind of a tacked on option but at least it's not NTR-ish like in RF2.
>>
>>2764960
They are bankrupt, creatively and morally at least. All they can afford to remake is RF5, by recycling the half of its assets and replacing the other half with different set of stock Unity assets. I'd rather prefer them to just die already, without defiling the franchise any further.
>>
>>2767007
>They are bankrupt
why don't they not just shit out DLC for RF5 like the west does?
New areas,new npcs new marriage options etc
>>
>>2694845
You're wrong, I used my inherited accessories that had the heart pendant with the magic earring to create a new accessory that had the other exp buffing accessory that I forgot the name of, the one that needs the heart item that is rare as shit to find, Barrett still said I had my original accessories effects in the "2nd gen" inherit accessory
>>
>>2768064
I suppose Marvelous wants to forget RF5 exists.
I mean, they could have finished what they left unfinished in the game's data with minimal efforts and release that for extra money, yet they didn't even bother with doing this little. They clearly don't deem it worth the efforts (=profitable). The game is an irredeemable garbage even in its publisher's eyes.
>>
I'll just pop in and say that I really miss the old artstyle this series, and Harvest Moon too, had.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljHJhmoViDY
Why did YOU stop playing Rune Factory 5?
>>
>>2689451
Is there a mod that fixes the gay shit in RF5?
>>
>>2775504
just go for the gay shit?
>>
>>2775639
just don't go for the gay shit?*
>>
>3 special
>>
RF3 Special announced and RF6 in production
>>
>6 in development
Oh no, they are not going to fix 5
>>
>>2775807
The PC version is already good and fixed
rip switch users
>>
>>2775799
>>2775807
>>2775798
where are you getting those news from?
>>
File: 2022-09-13 (121).jpg (514 KB, 1920x1080)
514 KB
514 KB JPG
>>2775827
Nintendo Direct
>Rune Factory 3 Special
>New Rune Factory """Series""" in development
>Story of Seasons: A Wonderful Life Remake
>Harvestella Switch Demo with save transfer
>>
Frontier and ocean special when?
>>
>>2764960
Oh hey I was right.
>>
>>2775833
Man I like how Harvestella looks but I really dislike the Square Enix art style that goes with asymmetrical everything. I just played Trials of Mana and it was very refreshing to see a Squeenix title that doesn't have that 9000 belts retardation,, those edgelord designs just look like they crossed the line of trying too hard, and they look lame.
>>
>>2775833
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLaXhQl28Uw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-m0q_uj4mk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc83VVNVhQA
>>
File: 1663080841830725.png (485 KB, 683x1024)
485 KB
485 KB PNG
Gaweigaweigaweiyaworu, AWOOOOOOO~
>>
File: 37832.png (735 KB, 750x650)
735 KB
735 KB PNG
>>2775833
These look like new makeshift models based on 4's engine. They look nothing like the ones 3 had on the DS.
>>
>>2775833
i really want to get rune factory 3, as i love that game but it's so short and it's the last rune factory game i liked
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (65 KB, 1280x720)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>2775987
You don’t like me cookin’?
>>
>haters go "HURR DURR ruNE FActOrY Is Ded"
>we get 3 Special AND also RF6 announcements
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, get fucked losers
>>
I’m kind of confused by what they mean by “new series.” Spin-off?
>>
>>2776130
rune factory battle royale, or what's the new trend in games
>>
File: RFC.jpg (1.08 MB, 2249x2979)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB JPG
>>2776130
There's no real difference between mainline and spinoff but it's likely a non-numbered 2D RF since it would be a good way to make people less cautious about performance issues/design/bugs etc. (though I prefer 3D). Unfortunately, in today's landscape said game could also be:
>>2776132
>what's the new trend in games
A 2D mobile waifu/husbando gatcha where you can collect any character from the series including MCs.
>>
>>2776128
Yeah i said the same thing when 5 got announced.
>>
>>2776132
A phone gacha
>>
Harvestella is DoA
>>
>>2776178
Is the demo bad?
>>
>>2776178
of course a marveloutranny would say that
>>
is it true the anons saying that rune factory 5 will have a spin off with more romance options or just hopium?
>>
File: 2022-09-13 (125).jpg (180 KB, 1920x1080)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>2776319
Not hope but dread that their vague: "A new Rune Factory Series will launch in the future!" means that they're stepping away from the mainline to do some other game type, a simpler 2D game, or mobile cash grab. When they announced 4 Special, they directly said Rune Factory *5* is in development.
>>
>>2776346
does this mean they're already done with 5 if they're moving on to another project?
>>
File: 2022-09-13 (217).jpg (262 KB, 1920x1080)
262 KB
262 KB JPG
>>2776516
The only other thing I would expect is for them to port Rune Factory 5 to Playstation and Xbox like they did with 4S. Since 4S and 3S have new post-marriage event content maybe they could do that for 5 but that's probably a big reach.
>>
Would you buy a switch port of Oceans or Frontier? kinda wish Oceans had bit more guys but...
>>
>>2777310
Ports? No. Remakes with QOL updates and additional content, probably.
>>
From the recent trademark stuff, I am betting on a Rune Factory Mystery Dungeon game lmao
>>
>>2778105
What trademarks?
>>
>>2777310
Would not mind a port but honestly I prefer a remake too
>>2778105
Nice, I love rogue-lites
>>
File: 2022-09-16_13-28.png (218 KB, 502x619)
218 KB
218 KB PNG
Just finished the story of RF5, only other RF I'd played beforehand was 1, which I loved. Holy hell this game was a mess. 1 felt pretty structured and well paced, but this one has so much stuff going on systems-wise and yet it's all kind of thrown at you at once and it felt like I pretty much just brute forced the story with the power of fists, wrasslin, magic and tomato juice. I still enjoyed it, but it's not particularly satisfying. Is this dumb recipe bread system exclusive to 5? I hate it.

Played for the succ, ended up liking the sleepy booby lady and the kitsune more but can't marry them because Rune Factory. I also absolutely love these weird furry cat girl things.
>>
>>2778277
No, recipe bread already in the game since the beginning
>>
>>2778296
If it was in 1 (I played it forever ago) I really don't remember it being this bad.
>>
>>2778296
>>2778303
Recipe bread was introduced in 3, 1 had books that unlocked a bunch of stuff all at once.
>>
File: mermussy.jpg (61 KB, 550x513)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>2778317
I see. 3's one I definitely want to play for reasons. Fish related reasons.
>>
I'm pretty much done with RF5 - just have to get the rest of my crops to level 10 and make my succubus GF marry me. But I also just got my Steam Deck and have no desire to pick up my Switch anymore.

Overall, 5 is exactly what I expected - less of the things I loved about 4 to make room for mediocre 3D graphics. I enjoyed my time with it, and it scratched my RF itch, but I'll still be waiting on a true successor to RF4S.
>>
>>2778204
Ever try Elona? If you like Rune Factory and roguelikes, it might be up your alley.
>>
how is the pc port of rf4. Debating to get it on steam to play on my pc and steam deck or on switch
>>
>>2778883
Uh, if you have a steam deck why would you buy the Switch version?
>>
>>2778105
did marvelous file a trademark or something? i can’t find anything
>>
>>2778883
It's great.
>>
>>2775821
>still full alphabet propaganda
>still no dragon loli route
no
>>2778105
I would play this
>>
>>2776162
Fennith island in Tides barely felt like a village and moreso a bunch of single young people and a few settlers. Villagers were a total of two old men, one old woman, and two kids. The MILF was a visitor to the island along with the guest characters from Frontier so I wouldn't count them. Though the female MC option was added last minute meaning the three bachelors in the game would have just been villagers.
>>
File: EgrBhIDVoAE0NE3.jpg (271 KB, 1608x2048)
271 KB
271 KB JPG
Gay shit is whatever to me but I'd rather they be "progressive" by letting me fuck older women. There's no good reason I can't have a big booby kitsune wife and give Hina a little brother or sister.
>>
>>2780071
Japs don't like hags and used goods.
>>
>>2780094
I feel like that meme is outdated with how many sexually charged milf baiting designs they've put out in the past 10 years or so. I think the RF team just enjoys torturing their adult audience and at this point it's a competition to see how hard they can blueball you by making the unfuckable characters better than the bachelerottes.
>>
>>2780094
Hag doujins say otherwise.
>>
>>2780094
Nah.
https://hitomi.la/tag/female:milf-japanese.html
>889 pages
https://hitomi.la/tag/female:loli-japanese.html
>3024 pages
Sure, there is a difference, but it's far from what we can see in the games made by these particular japs. They just HATE their own player base which wants:
>hags
>lolis
>boobs
They'll sooner include zoophilia and gay sex in their games while making even more untouchable dragon lolis, even sexier hags and HUGE boobs just to spit on their own audience.
Well, fuck you too.

>>2778883
Pirate it and see for yourself. There's a bunch of bugs they didn't bother to fix and whether the game will throw a fit on your PC or not is a lottery.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1580240/discussions/
>>
>>2780626
I like how a pedo is trying to bash other degenerates thinking that makes him any less of a stain on this planet.
>>
>>2775865
Just came back to this thread after the announcement. I replied to you second and I'm just as surprised as you are. Wonder if they'll do RF2 special...
>>
playing RF5 and wondering about upgrading the farm equipment. Since it's not like SoS where you take your shitty hammer then upgrade it directly to a better hammer, what exactly do I do with the old equipment once I've crafted the better ones?
>>
>>2780853
Toss it in the shipping bin so it's recorded as something you've shipped. There is a request to ship 10% of the items in the game at least once.
>>
>>2780636
Are you replying to random posts or what? I want a titty oneesan-type tradwife. At least one, preferably with an imouto for the delicious shimaidon (now THIS is what you call rare, 39 JP doujins).
Not a dumb loli, not a used milf, not a generic plank, not a retarded dog, god forbid a fag. Like, the most blandest normalfaggiest thing imaginable in the whole weeb medium.
Of course, this is impossible in Rune Factory. Literally anything but that. I've been denied that since RF1, since before dragon fuckers and hag fags even existed. No one understands their pain better than I do. They even almost got what they wanted in RF5 (the axed DLC) but then the absolute subhumans at xsneed joined the devs in their infinite faggotry and cucked them yet again, just to pander to the bottom of the barrel human garbage instead. Anyone with an ounce of humanity left would be sorry for them real fans.
I'll get RF3S which the subhumans can't possibly fuck up (that takes efforts) and then I'm done with this shit.
>>
File: sab.png (29 KB, 105x175)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>2780956
>RF1, before hag fags even existed
Nope.
I'm on hopium for eventual dateable hags and oneesans because I mean, look at their designs in RF5. Japan's getting hornier and coomier all the time, if RF as a series survives long enough, dateable hags and oneesans are an inevitability.
At the same time, I don't really feel like playing more RF games unless my favorite girl is dateable. I'm really struggling to actually play more RF5 now that I've finished the story just because the bachelorettes are so boring. Also you know the RF devs KNOW players want to date these characters, because there's some real flirty blushy dialogue with them. Like when Misasagi asks MC what his type is and you can reply with "Someone like you" and she gets all flustered. COME ON. I'M DYING HERE.
>>
>everyone always jerks off to RF4
>Sold my copy of animal crossing 3ds to buy RF4 on release date since I loved 3
>dropped the game because I didn't like a single bachelorette in it
>RF5 has multiple girls I like
>the game is a nigh-unplayable mess on switch among the clusterfuck of other gameplay issues
I fucking hate everything. Why did PoOT have to be dogshit
>>
>>2782616
Pirate it on PC?
I agree the gameplay stinks, however.
>>
>>2690454
Interesting observations about RF4 so here's your (You).
I guess I'll add it to my Citra for Android backlog.
>>
File: kuruna.jpg (119 KB, 400x466)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>2782616
I'm guessing you'll wait for 3S or hope Harvestella is any good. I myself haven't finished 4 either, I started way back in late 2019 but it went to my backlog and stayed there. Just never found a good time to play 4S.

>>2782803
>Citra for Android backlog
why not just play RF4S on PC? seems like a waste of time otherwise, unless you're gonna watch the special content on youtube.
>>
>>2783078
Harvestella won't have marriage, and the crops grow in a single day.
>>
>>2783204
>the crops grow in a single day.
that's actually not true, there's a lot of crops that take 2-3 days, and probably some that take more
>>2783078
yeah I'm gonna be getting RF3S on release day. I would get harvestella if it wasn't fucking $60. I enjoyed the demo at least
>>
File: woolly.jpg (55 KB, 320x423)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>2783204
Ah I only watched the trailer. I knew about the romance only part, but not the crops part. I mean why call it a farming game at that point? So I guess there's really nothing (except 3S)...is harvest moon dying or something?
>>
>>2783271
Outside of indies it feels like it. And both the indies people sing praises for (Stardew and Portia) look ugly as shit to me.
>>
>>2783271
Ehhh, trio of towns was great and it was just uh... 5 years ago already. What the fuck.
Anyway, someday, somehow, another food farming rpg will be made, there is always a new one around the corner. Plus who knows if this new RF won't be a 2D title instead of aiming for 3D
>>
>>2783305
Sandrock (Portia's sequel) actually looks decent, also, if you don't mind chinks, Immortal Life is a good fantasy farming RPG themed around Wuxia, cute waifus too
>>
File: Sugar_wallpaper.png (315 KB, 520x353)
315 KB
315 KB PNG
>>2783373
>Sandrock
That artstyle rubs me the wrong way.
>chinks
I usually avoid buying chink games but visually this one looks kind of nice. Might check it out sometime.
Right now I'm just scratching the itch with Elona and Monster Girls and the Mysterious Adventure. The former is like a more sandbox-y roguelike RF and the latter just has nice monster collecting and dungeon crawling if you can get past the graphics. I have Swordcraft Story 2 on my backlog as well. Not a farming game but it reminds me of RF.
>>
>>2783305
I tried Stardew and really didn't like the artstyle that much either. Honestly it's not a terribly made game but I'll probably spend my time modding it to my liking (like changing the portraits) if I really want to enjoy itm which is kinda.....not what I'm into. As for Portia, I'm not a fan either I think steam reviews were slightly mixed for it last time I checked.
>>2783375
Honestly I should really try the summon knight games, nothing seems to be sticking for me currently.
>>
>>2783406
I can't speak for mainline Summon Night (they look like bland SRPGs) but I played the first Swordcraft Story game last year and it was great fun. A bit sloggy at the very end but it's still quite good. Picked the girl MC and the female spirit for the /u/ dialogue. I think if you pick the male MC and the male spirit then he lusts after your mom.
>>
File: FTISJHVacAE5n3R.jpg (347 KB, 900x1200)
347 KB
347 KB JPG
Hope enough people were burned by 5 to seriously scrutinize whatever entry Marvelous churns out next, instead of buying it believing it's likely to be good.
>>
>>2784842
>Hope enough people were burned by 5 to seriously scrutinize whatever entry Marvelous churns out next, instead of buying it believing it's likely to be good.
-> >>2776122
>>
>>2784862
I'd have to see your cooking.
>>
>>2784842
5 probably attracted a lot of new zoomie fans, the kind who rabidly defend anything they like even a little. I haven't seen many negative reviews.
>>
File: roastie.jpg (276 KB, 1000x600)
276 KB
276 KB JPG
>>2785017
>5 probably attracted a lot of new gen z fans
I doubt it? I'm pretty sure they're still into shit like persona. If anything, it's mostly literal roasties that defend the game like anything. Pic related is an example.
>>
File: 1661190554652601.png (220 KB, 523x451)
220 KB
220 KB PNG
>>2785022
Mad at women because RF devs let them date the older guys but we still can't date milfs and oneechans.

Is this payback for us stealing the Atelier series from them?
>>
>>2785022
friend I don't know what planet you fucking live on, but here a huge portion of the playerbase for both SoS and RF are in fact women
>>
>>2785032
??? You're the one saying the backlash comes from zoomers which isn't fucking true at all, troon. Funny how you're completely fine with roasties defending this shit game just as long as it isn't zoomers doing it.
>>
>>2782616
>switch
>when steam release is now a thing
You are trying too hard
>>
>>2785038
that was my first post in this thread you autist. Also I've prob got more hair and muscle than your faggot ass does
>>
>>2785091
I bought it at release m8 and I don't wan't to rebuy it. Harvestella demo made me want to try revisting rf5
>>
>>2785118
>rebuy
You have legal right to pirate anything previosuly bought before, stop being a Nintoddler and just play the superior PC port, otherwise I will assume you are just baiting
>>
>>2785022
Women playing my colorful farming games!?
>>
>>2785027
well when one of the devs say that their favorite girl is Amber, that's pretty telling where their preferences lie
>>
>>2785158
I like playing in bed and I dont have a steamdeck so no I am not baiting
>>
>>2785166
Wasn't that one guy the entire's franchise director if I am not mistaken?
Might explain the lack of big breasts
>>
>>2785011
Yer fond of me super failed fish, ain't ye?
I seen it,yet fond of me super failed dish.
Say it it!
>>
>>2785166
Then why can't I date Livia
There's no Amber analogue in 5 because the dog is actually disabled.
>>
>>2785362
because livia fills the role of the unmarriable dragon town leader that's permanently stuck inside a building
>>
can someone mod kemonomimi on fuuka's children pls
>>
>>2785370
It doesn't have to be a role to fill if only one other game did it.
>>
>>2785726
damn it i wanted pointy eared children!
>>
File: fuuka54.png (3.55 MB, 1920x1080)
3.55 MB
3.55 MB PNG
>>2785895
this is my makeshift solution
imperfect, but it's all we got
>>
File: 1656630207694.jpg (820 KB, 1168x1156)
820 KB
820 KB JPG
The text sound in 4S on PC when playing in Japanese is offset from the text appearing and it is driving me insane.
Text appears really fast like they forgot to change the per-character speed from English but the sound is normal speed like one would expect.
>>
>>2786674
If you're playing the pirated version, try updating to a newer pirated version. If you're playing legit Steam version, go complain on the forums. They won't do shit to fix it, but if you get 100500 more complaints they might look into it. Kind of strange though, the Steam version is also sold in Japan and it would've been reported by now.
>>
I thought the horse dude from 4 was pretty hot. Did not bother with the butler because of Vic Mignona. It's not even about the jailbait allegations, I just really fucking hate his voice.
>>
>being this desperate
You really hate this thread don't you?
>>
>>2788965
Faggot
>>
>>2789133
The games have husbando options for girls though. Does discussing that make you uncomfortable?
>>
>>2788811
I saw one mention in the Japanese reviews but besides that, nothing. Not even on some 5ch wiki.
Thought first it was a problem playing on Linux with Proton but same problem on jp win10.
Can only guess that Japan only cared about the Switch version or it's something really esoteric.
>>
File: 1637028352581.jpg (112 KB, 749x1024)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
rf4 hell mode is kicking my ass, how do I get gud?
>>
>>2789347
crafting is OP
in particular once you get to 50 crafting/forging you unlock secret stat bonuses for your equipment based on the level and rarity of the materials used. Once you do you can shove in any fifteen lvl 10 items (that's 6 during creation and 9 upgrades) for huge stats
>>
File: 1657281876961.jpg (148 KB, 550x628)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
>>2789347
Grind your equipment forging level to 50 and start getting into crafting autism because nothing you find in the shop or on the ground is going to cut it. Once you get the hang of it, you'll be turning your wife into a world destroyer in no time.
>>
>>2785819
5 basically carbon copied everything 4 did down to the headache inducing crafting system

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.