[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 60 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Finally got around to playing picrel and it's so much better than PoE. Why did it flop? Good game, fun lore and comfy music. What does /vrpg/ think of Tyranny?

also
>tfw no sequel or more content from this series
>>
Every time I go to play another NG+ and it lets me rebuild my character, I just end up making another mage. Magic is the only playstyle that's any fun in the game.

Part of that is because there's very limited gear options and most of it sucks. 90% of the enemies have high armor so you have to take weapons with armor penetration which limits you to only a few different types and also means most of the artifacts are trash. Light armor stomps all over heavy armor and makes its very existence superfluous.
>>
>>2659279
idk, I loved it
>>
>>2659279
They didn’t know how to market it. That’s usually why anything flops.
>>
>>2659279
Probably because the hardcore autists didn't like the more action-ey combat, and also because
>muh too short
>>
>>2659320
>too short
I thought it was quite well paced especially when compared to pillars of eternity. The annoying thing is that act 1 feels like 90% of the game and then it all rushes towards the ends with the edicts without proper closure.
>>
>>2659279
>so much better than PoE. Why did it flop?
Because it's worse than PoE and beyond the inteesting concept it sucks ass.

The writing and combat was inhumanely shit.
>>
I like PoE more but I also like Tyranny a lot.
The game kind of gets iffy at the end and the mechanics are not as fleshed out as PoE... however a game that lets you actually be a cunt I approve of completely. It's a good game.
Like PoE 2, I doubt Tyranny will ever get a sequel. Bums me out.
>>
I liked the concept and direction of the story, but it felt very incomplete and easily had the weakest combat of Obsidian's isometric games.
>>
>>2659353
>the writing was shit
The writing was better than Pillars. Tyranny got to the point. There was no massive, poorly written word-dumps of excessive exposition. Tyranny stayed on track and didn't get lost up its own ass.
>>
>>2659454
>The writing was better than Pillars
Not even remotely. It's some of the worst writing I have ever seen in an RPG. Especially the character writing.
It's so atrociously ass it sucks you right out of the game.
You can't even skip the to avoid the shit, since the gameplay and combat is shit as well.
>>
>>2659454
>get new companion
>click through all dialogue trees
>max out reputation and they never have new dialogue again
I think we played different games.
>>
>>2659476
It's definitely way goofier than PoE. Some parts are almost saturday morning cartoon-esque.
I find it fun, but I also can't take a lot of it seriously and I do feel, objectively, the writing is worse than PoE which tries to maintain a level of realism for the universe.
If you want to be Robotnik or Skeletor type evil though, the game is pretty good for that. It can't get lost in its own ass because its own ass was rushed and unfinished.
>>
>>2659279
Yeah it's fucked. It took all the good design ideas of PoE, stripped the boring balancing out of it and injected fun. The world is awesome and the magic system is loads of fun. It really encourages you to use it which makes sense for an evil overlord. Easy to mix and match magic with other stuff.
>>
>>2659279
It was a miracle PoE sold well in the first place, a bunch of normalfags got FOMO'd into buying because Kickstarter was still exerting the peak of its force on social media
PoE2 and Tyranny are better games and cratered because only the few tens of thousands of people that actually like RTwP RPGs and are its natural audience bought 'em.
>>
>discord trannies are now defending this shit (released 2016)
>>
>>2659736
What's the problem? The font?
>>
Here are the best spell combos in the game:

3. Haste
>Core: Force
>Expression: Guarded Form
>Best Accents: Selfless Magic, Limitless Boundaries, Timeless Form
One of the few spells that you can't increase the strength of with an intensity sigil, the Selfless Magic and Limitless Boundaries will still let you give the whole party (minus the caster) -60+% recovery time.

2. Mirror Image
>Core: Illusion
>Expression: Guarded Form
>Best Accents: Strength, Selfless Magic, Limitless Boundaries, Timeless Form
You can stack Strength and Selfless to give your whole party (minus the caster) 250-300% Dodge/Parry for a long enough to duration that it lasts the entire fight.

1. Healing Wisps
>Core: Life
>Expression: Distant Impact
>Best Accents: Volleys, Bounding Bolts, Strength, Cyclical Energies
Each wisps heals for 10+% HP, and the spell fires 4 of them. They hit a target, bounce to another one, healing them, then bounce again. If you target two melee characters, it's usually enough to full heal both. The cooldown is so low, it's almost always ready on demand.

Note: For solo playthroughs, replace Selfless Magic with Sigil of Pride and Healing Wisps with Restoring Touch.
>>
>>2659741
I think he doesn't like that the man has a tan
>>
>>2659736
?
>>
>>2659795
Probably shouldn't pick the tan option then I guess.
>>
>>2659741
>>2659795
>>2659809
>>2659818
The graphics would have looked like shit in 2001. It’s not “stylized” it’s garbage.
>>
>>2659927
You realise it's an isometric game right? Like you never see characters at that angle.
>>
>>2659941
they look like shit in game too, the zones are tunnels, the combat is shit, these games keep flopping because they are bad
>>
>>2659780
That's good advice.. I always ignored selfless cause I figured what's the point in buffing the defenses of everyone except the squishy ass mage who needs them in order to survive long enough to cash haste, mirror image, and then stick around to heal.. but that is a pretty damn good bonus
>>
The biggest issue i have with Tyranny is how fucked it can be to get spell sigils. They're almost completely RNG with a few exceptions and it can absolutely fuck your run if you don't get certain ones.
>>
>>2659972
This and also how you don't get enough lore to create super powerful spells unless you NG+ a few times.
>>
>>2659279
because its painfully unfinished, like all obsidian games
>>
>>2659476
>It's some of the worst writing I have ever seen in an RPG. Especially the character writing.
Let me guess, you think the two Generals are cartoon villains?
>>
>>2659484
>max out reputation and they never have new dialogue again
So just like most RPGs?
>>
>>2659279
>good, fun, comfy
>>
>>2659476
>Not even remotely. It's some of the worst writing I have ever seen in an RPG. Especially the character writing.
Still better than garbage like Pathfinder
>>
>>2660083
This is comfy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8f_hDms7yI
>>
>>2660075
>Let me guess, you think the two Generals are cartoon villains?
Well the Voices of Nerat kind of is.
>>
>>2660091
Pretty sure he's intended to be. Considering that he's literally just a hive mind of hundreds of souls.
>>
>>2659279
>What does /vrpg/ think of Tyranny?

I finished it last week. It was MEH.

Awesome character design only to ruin it with inconsistent personalities (Tunon is the face of justice, there's nothing more to him than that. OMG HE WAS JUST RACIST WTF!).
Mary sue choices to get goody two shoes player to never have to make a tough choice in the whole game completly ruining the plot and effect of the writing.
The Rebel path is shoved down your throat like crazy, not only Eb doesn't make sense in any other path but she's the goddamn narrator of the game and by killing the rebels other people rebel anyway, it makes no sense, if you join the rebels the plot of the game actually make sense.
Act 3 was outright garbage and ridiculously anticlimatic
Sometimes the dialogue options were really REALLY bad, like 1. Bow, kneel, kiss boot 2. Stare silently

I dunno, the game had a lot of potential just because of how they wrote the world, the whole overlord thing, archons, we being the fatebinders of the archon of justice, etc. but they ruined it. The game is also hella buggy which shouldn't be a thing considering how little effort it has in graphics and design, how tf do you fuck coding even in this kind of games?

Still Barik is cute and my Fatebinder loves riding his cock.
Also my character is cuter than yours.
>>
>>2659795
>>2659741

I think anon is pointing out the whole feminazi thing the Tiers have going on and how the text when you create a male character shoves down your throat that men have no rights.

Although considering how braindead Kyros is (and how she has to be a woman because nobody can be that stupid) the game is unintentionally pretty based.
>>
File: 1631163371082.png (1.15 MB, 692x1024)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
>>2660216
Wait, are you that guy from the pathfinder threads that kept posting their character and spamming every thread?
>>
File: Fulllength.png (858 KB, 692x1024)
858 KB
858 KB PNG
>>2660229

Can't possibly imagine what you're talking about, ma'am.
>>
>>2660229
I think so. Same retard that spams his ugly characters in the dragon age threads too
>>
>>2660232
The fact that I can immediately spot your posts probably means that you win.
>>
File: Sips Barik's Cum.png (96 KB, 210x330)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
>>2660235

I haven't been to Pathfinder threads since the game came out, you need to stop being obsessed with me.
>>
>>2659290
Only tried ng+ for a about 1 hour and enemies do get an insane amount of armor, don't even see what's the point of having all those levels at the start since everybody becomes so spongy
>>
>>2659967
Mage should never be positioned in such a way that he takes a hit in the first place.
>>
>>2660077
No, most RPGs have dialogue that slowly reveals itself with time or events.
>>
>>2660216
>obviously heavily modded the game
>has audacity to offer his opinion
>>
Farquaad is back, everyone pack it up. Board will be unusuable for the next few days until he has another meltdown elsewhere and his internet gets cut by his shit third world provider.
>>
>>2660257
> NOOOO YOU USED CHEAT ENGINE TO MAX STATS WAHHHH YOU CAN'T TALK ABOUT THE GARBAGE STORY ON AN RPG WITH A GARBAGE COMBAT!

Seethe. Look at my cute gay husband Barik.
>>
>>2659320
>action-ey combat
what? everyone is damage sponge, fights are a slog and you're forced to make everyone use magic
>>
>>2659454
>Tyranny got to the point.

Which was the point again? Hype up Kyros and the trial of the Archons and you becoming the new Archon of edicts only to have the game suddenly end while Kyros is about to confront you, have the trial be anticlimatic garbage (and killing them yourself AN EVEN BIGGER anticlimatic garbage) and by the time you get your new title and your new powers the game ends?

It sure got to the point by ending the game before it began.
>>
>>2660271
>I didn't play the game but here's my review on the game
I hope the next time you dilate, you stab too deep and accidentally 40% yourself.
>>
File: aaa.png (760 KB, 1920x1080)
760 KB
760 KB PNG
>>2660278

This. Even Turn Based games have shorter fights. The huge cooldowns and bodyblocks in this game makes fights unbearable.

>>2660285

But I did play the game. I even took a screenshot of most conversations and scenes in the game!

Oh, right, you pathetic autistic incels think someone didn't play the game if they didn't grind for 20 hours and play on nightmare constantly savescumming, minmaxxing and going for whatever is meta.

It must truly be a sad existence if you take beating a videogame as an accomplishment. Guess you'll never get the Touch Grass or Have Sex achievement.
And don't call me a tranny when you literally used the game to play as a woman, creep.
>>
>>2660290
>there's no middle ground between god mode and nightmare grinding
Again, you're just reinforcing why your opinion is worthless. If you want a game with all story and no mechanics, go look up Telltale.
>>
>>2660290
>deposito
Ahahahah I knew the faggot spammer was a jaja wetback!
>>
>>2660295
>go look up Telltale

Oooor, i could play Tyranny, finish it, judge the story and laugh at your pathetic seething. Ha Ha Ha.
>>
>>2660290
>The huge cooldowns and bodyblocks in this game makes fights unbearable.
I played almost every notable cRPG, and Tyranny was the only one I didn't finish (tho I liked the story), combat is unbearable yawnfest. Only someone playing MMOs can enjoy all those cooldowns, teamwork feats and other micromanagement crap.
>>
>>2660305
>Ha Ha Ha.
Not fooling anyone editing those j's into h's.
>>
>>2660309

Are you saying I can't speak english because i'm latinx?
>>
>>2660311
How do you pronounce latinx?
>>
File: (you).png (777 KB, 448x670)
777 KB
777 KB PNG
>>2660311
Si maricón
>>
>>2660315

You don't. Do you want me to get hate crimed or something?

>>2660316

Llora.
>>
>>2660319
>be one dimensional mojado coomer faggot
>play game with actual latin pretty boy in it
>never manage to get him out of his armor
How did you fail at being yourself this badly?
>>
>>2660325

But I did and my Fatebinder fucked him hard.
>>
>>2660327
>He reeks of sweat and feces
Did you romance him because he reminded you of yourself?
>>
>enjoyed PoE
>new game based on the Bronze Age, cool!
>nothing about it is remotely related to the Bronze Age
>first zone is a tunnel with hidden walls
>some weird little figure pantomimes at me during convos rather having real portraits
>some female VA starts screaming obsentities into my earphones

And returned
>>
>>2659320
>muh too short
It's not that it's too short, it's that the ending only feels like the beginning of the "real" story and the entire game feels like a prologue to it. Just when shit gets real, the game just unceremoniously ends.
>>
>>2660216
>>2660271
Whether they are baiting or not, faggots are always the worst posters.
>>
>>2660376
He’s “homophobic-trash”-kun. I think he’s funny, he trolls the sawyer-dickriders by being even gayer than them. Hopefully they return to their discord.
>>
>>2660383
The one that claims that Anders is a homophobe?
>>
>>2660216
Wait, I recognize that writing style. Are you that faggot that kept spamming Tyranny threads of /v/? You even have the exact same talking points.
>>
>>2660238
farquaat
>>
>>2660404
I remember on Pathfinder WOTR's release you couldn't have a good thread in /v/ because of him for weeks. I imagine he does this for every RPG he plays.
>>
>>2660404
>>2660262
>>
>>2659279
>Why did it flop?
Why not? And it dont. It just stupid publishers expect a game with 300-500k core audience achive circulation of a million, which won't happen.
>>
>>2659728
This. All this old school rpg revival was false advertising. People bought this games but the new audience didn't really play it. Therefore, subsequent "old school RPGs" did not have good sales.
>>
obsidian has to decide on whether it wants to antagonize its player base with obnoxious garbage like kills in shadows but deliver a superior product so people tolerate it, or pander to nerds who will then forgive its buggy shit games with sub 2001 graphics. Doing both (the bioware solution) is not financially viable.
>>
>>2660075
That's basically what they are. So in the context of the narrative that takes itself seriously, you can't take them seriously.
This makes you stop caring about the narrative and characters, which are bland and generic anyways.
>>
>>2659279
Because it's not really better than PoE. Tyranny, while having a dozen really incredible IDEAS, didn't actually execute a single one to the level that PoE did. PoE had a kind of generic fantasy world, honestly, with a few good twists to give it flavor, but that was enough. Tyranny has an amazingly interesting setting (for a book) but it doesn't manage to pay off on basically anything that seems interesting.

And as for the combat, in Tyranny, if you play on Normal or above, then every enemy is a damage sponge, and you need to pick autistic meta builds to even do anything in a decent amount of time. I never once had to follow a guide to get my PoE (and Deadfire) characters to be absolute beasts, I just had to pick reasonable options in character building, like a Fighter with an Estoc choosing two-handed weapon fighting and a bunch of defensive traits.
>tldr: Tyranny's writing was written by an "ideas guy" who couldn't execute for shit, and the combat is improperly balanced for anyone but sweatlords
>>
>>2660506
>didn't actually execute a single one to the level that PoE did.
I agree and just as it was about to with the edicts at the end, the game stops.
>>
>>2660283
>have the trial be anticlimatic garbage (and killing them yourself AN EVEN BIGGER anticlimatic garbage
Killing the Archons was anti-climactic to you? What the fuck?
>>
>>2660865
There aren't a lot of bosses in the game. Bringing the Archons into line feels like the end of part 1 before facing Kyros, not an end to the game itself. Bleden is a perfect mid-game boss.
>>
>>2660901
>Bringing the Archons into line feels like the end of part 1 before facing Kyros, not an end to the game itself.
We all know why that happened. It's a shame, as the game would have benefited from at least 2 more Acts, but then it would risk of becoming bloated as fuck like most RPGs.
>>
>>2660865
>Killing the Archons was anti-climactic to you?

Yes it was you stupid retard.
You spend THE WHOLE GAME either gathering artifacts to get more powerful or building an army. I did both, I had to babysit the retarded useless worthless baby killing rebels and constantly do whatever they wanted despite them telling them "we kneel to you massa".

And despite all of that, what do I get in Act 3?
> Raid the Disfavored fort and Chorus camp on your own with your 3 companions, kill 5 guys and kill the Archon
Like, seriously? Where's the fucking huge army I spent the whole game gathering? They didn't help KILLING THE FUCKING ARCHONS? Which was THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME?

You show up with a 4 man army, kill everyone, Archon says final words, that's it.
Nobody acknowledges the Archon's death, nobody celebrates, nobody even HELPED ME kill the fucking Archon. I spent all of Act 2 gathering evidence only for it to be thrown away (why tf don't we have a trial for dead people? To show that we killing Ashe and Nerat was just??).

All of act 3 was anticlimatic garbage, SPECIALLY killing the Archons because you get the whole game hyping you up "oh dude you're totally gonna fight this two super powerful archons it's gonna be epic", and it ends up being your armies betraying you and you having to kill the 10 guys on your own.

So kill yourself, you fucking shill.
>>
>>2660908
I think it was confirmed that there was at least one cut act from the game.
>>
>>2661441
Did they say what that act would involve? Then again bastards wound felt like cut content packaged into DLC.
>>
>>2661108
>Where's the fucking huge army I spent the whole game gathering?
So you didn't get a huge army battle and now you're having a mental breakdown over it? Lmfao
>I spent all of Act 2 gathering evidence only for it to be thrown away
The evidence literally gets brought up in the final trial, and is the decided factor of which of the Archons would be condemned to death you fucking retard.
>>
>>2661616
Please don't reply to him. We've done enough damage by responding to him in the thread.
>>
File: 1654637324706.png (75 KB, 214x192)
75 KB
75 KB PNG
name a better antagonist
>>
>>2661616
I'm not this >>2661108 autist, but killing Archons was quite anticlimactic desu. For the supposed final bosses, their fights are literally two more regular encounters. I expected something more from two MOTHER FUCKING ARCHONS than "a lot of dudes and one somewhat tougher dude".

Nerath also severely lacked a good twist. Ashe went down alright, in a straightforward manner fitting his character, with his end managing to be somewhat tragic, but Nerath goes rally weak with the whole "I was actually a braindead murder psychopath all along" rings really hollow. I expected him at least trying to pull a good gotcha moment or twist on us - like him being actually functionally immortal with body doubles, or "you can't kill me because I am th only one who knows [important thing]", or some blackmail at least. instead it's all
>- I'll kill you all so hard! They I'll torture and kill you while I'm killing and torturing you!
>[I stomp him]
>- AAAH I'LL MAKE YOU HUUURT SO BAAADDD~
>[I stomp him]
>- RRREEEEEEEAAAAA~
So much for "Archon of Secrets". How come none of his Crimson Spears didn't simply shiv his ass in his tent? Kyros runs on being an actual benefactor to his servants, who eventually grow to believe that they are the Good Guys serving the Righteous Cause under him, but Nerath runs Chorus as a straight up murderhobo, while not being that good at murderhoboing.
>>
>>2661616
>So you didn't get a huge army battle and now you're having a mental breakdown over it? Lmfao

Kill yourself shill.

>The evidence literally gets brought up in the final trial

Ah, you're shilling the game yet you didn't even play it. got it.
>>
>>2659279
Is this game worth giving a try as someone who wants to get into more recent CRPGs?
>>
>>2661664
Yeah. It's a lot shorter too so you don't have to worry about loads of side quests or dialogue that won't end. The combat still takes getting used to but I find that a mage works really well and makes the combat fun, especially with the spellcraft system.
>>
>>2661660
>Ah, you're shilling the game yet you didn't even play it. got it.
Seems like you're either talking out of your ass or you haven't played the game and are just having another schizo rant. Also, it's funny how you keep calling everyone a shill for calling out your retardation. Neck yourself.
>>2661646
>I expected him at least trying to pull a good gotcha moment or twist on us - like him being actually functionally immortal with body doubles
Several characters as well as the ending itself seems to imply that Nerat isn't truly dead, and has a high chance of returning some day. Also wanting a twist for the sake of a twist is bad.
>>
>>2661684
>Also wanting a twist for the sake of a twist is bad.
The twist is not for the sake of a twist - as it is, the game really underdelivers Nerath as a ebin cunning secretive manipulator. He maintains that image early on, but the trickery we expect from him never comes, and he ends up being a very bland kind of sadist who occasionally indulges into a lot of Jokerspeak. Having something up his sleeve would develop him as a threatening antagonist, while also serving to differentiate him from Ashe.
>>
>>2661664
no, it does nothing an rpg is supposed to do well.
>>
>>2661723
Such as?
>>
>>2659304
Sad but true.
>>
What’s the most kino route? I’m thinking uniting the rebels under Kyros banner
>>
>>2663132
If you can pull it off, sure. The game tries its hardest to convince you not to though.
I think a pure anarchy route where you go full murderhobo and kill and betray everyone you can at every opportunity might be fun but I haven't tried it.
>>
>>2660327
Yeesh this is like a Daddies' Only night at Steamworks
>>
>>2663132

Rebel, either starting as loyal to Kyros and then rebelling or leaving the Rebels because they are retards and going Anarchy.

Rebel is the path that had the most effort put into, every single main quest has you decide between two factions and change up the quests and NPCs you interact with (While Disfavored and Chorus has you interact with the same gang), it has an additional main quest in Act 3 and it's the only path in which Eb makes sense, her talking about rebelling and leaving Kyros when you're a loyal Chorus member is ridiculous.

Anarchy is pretty kino, if lacking in content, because Bleden Mark is pure bae.
I wouldn't advice bringing rebels into Kyros banner. The dialogue options for that are ridiculously stupid, specially near the end where everyone and their mother tells you Kyros is gonna betray you and kill you (Tunon himself says it, as does Bleden Mark, and Sirin) and then you, like a retard, swear fealty to him and the epilogue goes "T-there's peace! tots! for now at least tee hee!".
>>
>>2660262
QRD on Farquaad? I remember the valanon; the asspull anon; the schizo cuck anon, the retard monk anon; but don't remember this one.
>>
>>2660251
Do you disable leveling up of unused skills? The enemies only scale with level, so you make them spongier by leveling stuff you don't need. I always disable parry on any playthrough and get the talent that lets you use dodge instead of parry.
>>
>>2660283
It told the story it was supposed to tell, which was how you rise to power. Obviously it ended where it did because there should have been a sequel. You fighting Kyros would be an entire game considering she's in another land.
>>
>>2663763
>which was how you rise to power.

Lmao since when is that the story it was supposed to tell?
The game is literally called Tyranny and we don't even get to either be a tyrant ourselves or fight the actual tyrant.

> because there should have been a sequel.

Or they cut content like crazy and had to put a pretty bow on just 3 short acts? Hence why the art book is FULL of stuff that we never even get to see in game?

> You fighting Kyros would be an entire game considering she's in another land.

Yeah it would be sooo unheard of for Kyros to come to the Tiers to fight us or something like that.
>>
>>2663775
>Yeah it would be sooo unheard of for Kyros to come to the Tiers to fight us or something like that.
Not him but yes, it would be strange. Kyros had almost the whole continent while you obtained only a sliver of it, one destroyed by war at it. For every archont you have, Kyros has a dozen. Even if edicts null each other, he has an edge on pretty much everything. I could see Tyranny being a trilogy where you beat Kyros in the last instalment.
>>
>>2663775
>> You fighting Kyros would be an entire game considering she's in another land.

>Kyros is a name out of legend. For centuries the Overlord has consolidated their power, sending out vast armies from the Capital of their realm to swallow entire kingdoms. The most powerful mystic the world has ever seen, Kyros can issue Edicts - magical proclamations that can level cities, spread pox, sunder the lands, or change the very course of seasons. This ability to deliver suffering and woe to every corner of Terratus without ever being required to leave the Capital has made it so that few ever see the Overlord in person.

>Though Kyros' name is the single most recognized in the known world, only the Archons can say what the Overlord actually looks like. The Archons, masters of magic throughout the world, bow to Kyros - and the Overlord will readily destroy any Archons who are unwilling to kneel. These sorcerers and madwomen lead the Overlord's armies in near-endless conquest. As the realms of the known world fall to the Overlord, these captured territories are divided amongst the Archons, who rule in the Overlords name.

You're right, it would be unheard of. Almost no one knows what Kyros looks like because she never needs to leave the capital and has other people fight for her. She literally just casts edicts and afks.
>>
>>2659279
Liked it. Very unfortunate it was unfinished. The upgrades in your tower make it seems like it could be twice as long at least.
I tried to make the best decisions as Kyros's emissary and ended up killing all the other archons. Sided with the Forsaken, and Graven Ashe like an idiot demanded I bow down to him so I had to destroy him and then the judge accused me of being a usurper and I had to kill him too.
Felt like the story pushes me towards rebelling against Kyros. At the end Kyros was marching on me like I was engaging in a coup when all I did was clean out her incompetent archons. I didn't give a fuck about trying to become leader, I see no reason to remove from power a ruler who brings stability to the whole world.
>>
>>2663733
He spams thread with his ugly bogdanoff looking characters and derails them by being stupid and awful
>>2663778
>Almost no one knows what Kyros looks like because she never needs to leave the capital and has other people fight for her. She literally just casts edicts and afks
I thought it was leading to a reveal that Kyros isn’t even real. She seems to be a legend and even the archons haven’t seen her. Tunon gives the most detail about her but even then he’s extremely vague.
>>
File: 1642173857389.jpg (49 KB, 200x232)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>2664401
>ugly bogdanoff
You take that back, you whore.
>>
>>2664401
>I thought it was leading to a reveal that Kyros isn’t even real. She seems to be a legend and even the archons haven’t seen her. Tunon gives the most detail about her but even then he’s extremely vague.
Sirin saw and even almost kinda murdered Kyros, but that could legit be a body double or a figurehead.

I think that reveal of Kyros being just an image (or long dead) while in reality the Empire is ran by an army of apparatchiks is possible, bit not really that cool.
>>
>>2664596
My impression was that whoever Kyros is, she (I'll say she cause I imagine her that way) is perfectly aware that all of her power comes from edicts. The more she appears in person, whether in public or private, the faster someone will realize she herself is not exceptional in any way. If that happened, it would make assassins a lot more brazen.
I don't remember a lot of the story details, but it seems Kyros was remotely aware of you finding the pylons or whatever and gaining the edict powers, and may have given the order for the archons to vie for hierarchy as a way to kill you before you became too powerful without signalling to you that's what she was doing. In her mind, if you gain the edict power, you are going to try and take her place as the ruler of the whole world, since that's what she would do, and obviously did.
>>
>>2665054
I saw another theory on here that Kyros’ power comes from a never ending enemy and conflict. Once Kyros controls the tiers, there’s no one to fight and once the people settle down they at eventually turn their eyes back to her. Kyros engineered the edict to set up a way that the Fatebinder would activate it and be a potential challenger to her thus ensuring more conflict for her. Tunon and the other Archons that live, minus Bleden Mark, also suggest you to attack Kyros with an edict so she may also know how they’ll respond as well. Especially as one of the dialogues indicates that she hates the Archons and this is a good way for her to eliminate them all.
>>
>>2659279
Started playing it for the first time yesterday. Combat is absolutely horrible. Party members randomly don't follow orders, don't stay in formation, run around in circles, get too close with ranged weapons, etc. I changed the difficulty to story mode and haven't looked back. Besides combat, the art and polygon count is weak in some areas (e.g., character models). Overall I'm not really digging it, but the game is tolerable with auto / AI combat. One of my least favorite cRPGs so far
>>
>>2665892
grats you got owned by the sawyer dickriders. Trust farquuad in the future.
>>
>>2665892
>Combat is absolutely horrible
>changed the difficulty to story mode
Classic "I'm bad = game's bad" cope.
If the combat would be bad, it would still be bad if it was easier. What you're saying is that it's too hard for you.
>>
>>2663710
>Bleden Mark is pure bae
Pure cringe you mean.

You can just tell that insufferable Shadow the Edgehog faggot was the self-insert of someone on the writing team.
>>
>>2659279
Kyros was a man with a big dick. Deal with it.
>>
>>2659279
sirin a cute
romance never
>>
>>2666146
Yeah, he was. The he cut it off.
>>
File: Bleden-Mark.jpg (56 KB, 384x384)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>2666139

FUCK YOU BLEDEN MARK IS FUCKING AMAZING AND HAS A HUGE BLACK COCK MY CHARACTER LOVES CHOKING ON.
You-re just a racist piece of shit that can't appreciate kino voodoo.
>>
>>2666216

He took the 1st Y from Tyranny
>>
>>2665920
>Trust farquuad
That's the last person he should be trusting
>>
File: 1641007316658.gif (1.78 MB, 400x279)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB GIF
>>2659279
Did they ever finish it? Because it feels like it just ends at the 50% mark.
Anyways, at the very least,
>Tiny pool of enemy types
>Magic got all the thought behind it, fuck everything else
>Game just ends, not even dlc/sequel bait, clear they just ran out of money
>Kills-in-shafows, verse

Tyranny is better in concept than execution.
>>
>>2666355
It got dlc but that added a big new dungeon with some extra lore rather than an improved ending. I think they added some extra dialogue to the end after release too but nothing actually meaningful.
>>
>>2659279
I really enjoyed my first playthrough
>Former pit fighter two handed warrior
>Burned down the library and slaughtered a queen in a 1v1 during the conquest, was mayor of a town for a while
>Had the Chorus take the Well
>Barik malded and fucked off
>Had difficulty making it through without a decent tank and just Verse and Lantry
>Got sick of the Chorus when Fifth Eye acts a fag, attack them as well
>Told the furry to fuck off
>Go rogue and start building up my own power
>Get both Mark and Tunon on my side
>Burn down Kyros empire with the edict of fire, just like I did to the library
Do the dlcs add in enough to warrant another playthrough? And between the chorus, disfavored and rebels who's the most interesting to side with?
>>
>>2666355
They did two dlcs, one that added a new area with a questline and I believe some companion quests (the dude encased in armor for instance you can free him from it) and another that just added a bit more content but the game is blatantly unfinished. And I don't think it did well enough for Paradox to do anything with the setting, let alone rehire Obsidian to make a sequel.
>>
>>2659304

It's because Obsidian was too much of a coward to let us rape the Vendrien Queen for her rebellion kuroinu style
>>
>>2666242
>He asks to see the artifact
>Punch him
>Get both respect and wrath
kek
>>
>>2659304
Not sure why it was so hard to market anyway, it's entire premise is "evil already won" and you can either embrace that and be a dick also or be less so.
>>
>>2666674
The DLCs didn’t add much for a future playthrough, bastards wound just felt like cut content. I think the other paths such as anarchy or rebellion are good for another playthrough because it feels very different to an archon playthrough
>>
>>2665959
>it's too hard for you.
No, I'm saying I want as little to do with the combat as possible, and on story mode the combat plays itself if you have decent gear and the proper AI settings. I literally haven't had to do anything but move my party in range of enemies

Learn to read, idiot
>>
>there was more then the three edicts you cast in the conquest you could use on Kyros
What did they even do
>>
>>2667150
Nightfall makes it endless night and plant life does out, animals get sick and people start to slowly freeze so they start leaving.
Malediction is just makes it so everything that can go wrong for Kyro's empire does go wrong. Infrastructure collapses and any attempts to repair it either fuck up or get undone shortly after until people start abandoning the capital.
Properly not as impressive looking as the three you can do in the conquest but I imagine there's far less collateral as opposed to earthquakes that swallow up entire districts in sinkholes, storms that would properly rip people apart and a wave of fire burning down everything in its path.
>>
>>2667162
>storms that would properly rip people apart

Oh please the ending literally says it was just a bit of wind that made people turn into MAry popins.
>>
>>2667187
>Casting the Edict of Storms wreaks havoc on the northern capital. The winds whip in a sudden frenzy and toss unsuspecting citizens through the air, dashing them back down in the rubble of leveled buildings. Temporary settlements take in refugees fleeing the devastation from the now uninhabitable city.
idk anon I think getting throw into the air and slammed into the side of a building would kill someone.
>>
>>2666242
he doesn't have an African or jamaican accent immediate 0/10 they drop the ball
>>
File: romund of aslaug DD.jpg (187 KB, 1920x1080)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
>>2659279
I just can't enjoy Tyranny. The characters are just so unlikable and obnoxious. Act 1 is babysitting the most unlikable generals in human history, and all your companions act less like people and more like meaty bags of emotional problems expressed via Marvel quips. Like you talk to Barik or Verse and they're perfectly self aware of what kind of character archetype they are. And they just don't stop fucking complaining. Ever. Jesus fuck just BE QUIET

gameplay was fun though
>>
>>2667311
Maybe unlikable is the wrong term. They're supposed to be evil. More like narratively intolerable. There is just zero enjoyment to be had from being an audience to their story because of how fucking grating they are.
>>
>>2659279
It's the third in Obsidian's triptych of half-busted masterworks - Sith Lords, New Vegas, Tyranny. It's unfortunately the least loved too. Both by the company and by its intended audience.
>>
>>2667311
Shut up farquaad
>>
>>2659967
You can have your secondary mage cast it on your primary mage. Very worth it with haste.
>>
File: spellsword_m_black_lg.png (94 KB, 210x330)
94 KB
94 KB PNG
>>2668031

That's not me. Dude how obsessed with me are you that you're starting to see me everywhere and accusing everyone of being me?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.