[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1642648300031.jpg (62 KB, 1200x675)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
So, were you one of the people who thought they would actually do a 180 and remain faithful to the original game in the sequel? Haha... you must feel like a fool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_4CkyOmuuU
>>
>>2650715
I thought it was obvious. The whole ending with the time jannies getting BTFO was Nomura basically giving fanboys the finger and telling them this is just FFVII-2, we're going completely off script from here on out.
>>
>Aerith talks about "not being able to change the past"
>Only footage shown is flashbacks
We're not getting out of Kalm in this game are we
>>
>>2650715
Why would I want to play the same game again? FF7 still exists; it didn't go anywhere. Let people have fun.
>>
>>2650722
They'll 100% get up to the Temple of the Ancients. The final bit will be either Sephiroth not killing Aerith at all or Cloud managing to stop it. Or it being stopped by Aerith tries to kill herself anyway because she's too locked into what "should" happen.
>>
>>2650715
>So, were you one of the people who thought they would actually do a 180 and remain faithful to the original game in the sequel?
no that would be a super cucked move and nomura is too much of an absolute mad lad to be satisfied with such a thing
>>
>>2650732
final boss will be Cloud Strife in the temple of ancients
>>
>>2650721
Yes, it was obvious to people with a working brain.
>>
>>2650715
Who cares? They shat the bed so hard with the "remake" that anyone with a brain lost interest in whatever comes afterwards.
>>
Here's the JP trailer, if anyone is confused about who's talking at the end, It's Cloud talking about Zack, then Aerith, then Zack

"You were here with me 5yrs ago, Zack, where are you?"
Then Aerith says "I'm looking for you"
Zack says, "I'm sorry I failed you"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvN2KX7iPjg
>>
>>2650726
I'm glad they're doing a new story, I'm just disappointed they're doing such a retarded one. It's also 90% routed in the original so it's hardly new at all. I want something different but all they're giving me is the same thing but with a more retarded story.
>>
>>2650745
Well to be fair there was little they could do with the original. You had to hook people into it and set up for the second and third game.

Just from the trailer there are some doubts if Tifa is human, if Zack will show up, what Sephiroth actually wants to do in this timeline, etc.
>>
>>2650741
>if nomura lets Cloud cuck Zack he'll get murdered by Zack/Aerith fanatics
>if nomura forces Cloud/Tifa and Aerith/Zack he'll get murdered by Cloud/Aerith shippers

The man will not survive either way. He's a walking corpse.
>>
>wanting remakes to be the same exact game
you fuckers make no sense at all, always decrying remasters and remakes, then you turn around and want them instead of a new experience? weak.
>>
>>2650754
Which fuckers? Who are you talking about?
>>
>>2650745
Yes, 90% in part 1 since it's a plot twist at the end of the game. Now it'll be completely different after the Nibelheim flashback.
>>
>>2650737
I can actually imagine that. Cloud wants to save Aerith from her fate, but the time jannies have a very strong point for not wrecking the timeline and this leads to Cloud giving a middle finger.

Main character as a boss is very, very underused but fucking awesome when pulled off.
>>
>>2650754
The point of a remake it to take the original and improve it.

FF7R is more of an alternative modern take. Which just so happens to be worse than the original in pretty much every way except graphical fidelity.
>>
>>2650794
>better dialogue
>better characters
>better music
>better graphics
>more fleshed out setting
Aerith has 50 lines of dialogue throughout the entirety of OG FF7.
>>
>>2650722
They're gonna do Kalm and Cloud's psychosis in one game.
>>
>>2650715
So, what, is this part 2 of FF7R?
>>
>>2650841
Yes, it's 7R-2, and as expected from the "The Unknown Journey Continues" ending of 7R, it's going to be completely different.
>>
File: 1638393261118.png (516 KB, 1108x705)
516 KB
516 KB PNG
>>2650797
>MORE = BETTER
>>
>>2650846
Yes, very clearly better. Barret is now the GOAT FF character.
>>
File: garbage.png (2.13 MB, 1635x909)
2.13 MB
2.13 MB PNG
>>2650797
>better dialogue
No. they flesh out some characters and some interactions were good. But there's a lot of really fucking dumb and shit dialogue, which manages to be worse than a 25 year old game.

>better characters
Nope. Many are in fact worse or flat out ruined. Sephiroth in particular is so utterly buttfucked he becomes a joke. They managed to be even worse than Disney with how they overuse and mishandle Darth Vader.

>better music
Exactly ALL music is vastly inferior. Some are downright trash in comparison, like the Wall Market/Oppressed People music is so bad it's an insult.

>better graphics
Only fidelity, not aesthetics. The designs of a lot of the enviros went from distinct and charming to generic bargain bin trash.

>more fleshed out setting
Oh, you mean shit like that dumb kid that gives you a VR headset to fight digital summons which gives you summons in the real world? Or those archaic MMO fetch tier side quests that suck shit? The ones that basically all play out the same?
>go to area x, kill a pack of mobs, return
Amazing stuff, right there.
>>
>>2650850
Nah, sorry. As soon as Cloud said "yeah no shit dumbass" while I was playing the demo I closed the game out and deleted it from my PS4. It's quippy Avengers-tier garbage.
>>
>>2650850
If anything, he comes across as a massive retard and asshole now.
>>
>>2650858
>>2650860
>>2650862
>awful opinions presented as facts
Based retards.
>>
>>2650715
>>2650721
>>2650722
>>2650726
>>2650732
>>2650734
>>2650737
>>2650739
>>2650740
You all will buy it day 1 and play the shit out of it anyway, don't pretend otherwise
>>
>>2650865
>no counter argument
>just a shitpost
As expected for a FF7R drone. This is literal 5 year old shit
>w-well you're s-stupid! a-and wrong! and I'm gonna tell my dad!
Yeah run home to daddy.

>>2650866
I couldn't even force myself to finish this heap of shit and I haven't followed or watched a single shred of info about the next one. If it's anything remotely like FF7R then I wouldn't even play it if I got paid to do it. It was insultingly bad.
>>
File: tifa.png (157 KB, 375x422)
157 KB
157 KB PNG
Who cares about demake? It only exists to give coom creators more Tifa models and dresses
>>
>>2650877
You can't counter opinions, retard.
>>
>>2650715
Funny how the Dragon's Dogma thread has 250 replies, Final Fantasy VII remake part 2 has barely 30. Really says a lot about how far FF has fallen that people care more about some rough 10 year old game than a freaking FF7 remake.
>>
>>2650880
Yeah, whatever swimsuit they give her for Costa is the only thing I'm looking forward to. I just hope it's not a one piece
>>
>>2650886
That thread was made almost a month ago. There's like 20 active 7R shitposting threads on /v/ right now.
>>
>>2650884
Mine are based in facts and rational observations.

Do we really need to go through this tired old discussion AGAIN?

Do we really need to go over how dangling Sephiroth constantly in front of the player with dumb cryptic shit cheapens the character and turns him from an antagonist that worked into a shallow, unthreatening wet fart
That removing his iconic "reveal" with the blood trail, music, etc. makes him come across as less threatening and mysterious.
That having you fight him in the very end of the first part actively cheapens him further, makes him feel like even less of a threat and the satisfaction of finally fighting and beating him at the end of the original game (if they try to do that again in the remake) would feel hollow, since you've already done it.
The list just goes on and on and this is JUST for Sephiroth. But every single problem can be broken down this way.
>>
>>2650905
>Mine are based in facts and rational observations.
No, your posts are entirely opinionated and the fact that you view your statements as objective makes people disregard them by default. Thanks for playing.
>>
FF7 demake is a victory ... but only for coomers. Coomers always win.
>>
>>2650910
>like a toddler he handwaves away arguments that his close-minded brain doesn't like

Ah yes, I'm assuming you have good rationalle for why Sephiroth was vastly improved narratively and as an antagonist in FF7R, yes? Clearly there are reason you think so right?
But we both know you're too immature and close-minded to actually discuss this, especially since you can't even back up your own ideas
>>
>>2650783
well the whole problem is that sephiroth can literally puppet show cloud's meatbody until he goes for his mako stream detox, so the team pretty much has to beat the shit out of both cloud and maybe a unpowered sephiroth before he gets to the crater to change the timeline

maybe Aeris will even use holy to heal cloud and the game will end without ever getting to the 3rd disc
>>
>>2650915
Opinions aren't arguments. You're severely deluded.
>>
>>2650797
>Aerith has 50 lines of dialogue throughout the entirety of OG FF7.
https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VII_script
Bull.
>>
>>2650938
>meanwhile
https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VII_Remake_script
>>
File: Untitled.png (140 KB, 1201x607)
140 KB
140 KB PNG
>>2650715
The game literally telling you to stop assuming shit and that theres only one truth, and the very first thing you faggots do is assume shit

They are literally playing you as fiddles.
>>
>>2650946
>ff7 shill admits their game is just fan fiction
>>
>>2650946
>the unknown journey will continue
Not an assumption.
>>
>>2650946
I talked to nomura and he actually struggled with the idea of how to make a remake when it means choosing whether aeris lives or dies and I was the one who told him to just make the central characters have flashbacks and deja vu memories the way people do in real life, like a second kalpa or something

told t hat dude to read phoenix and shit
>>
Nomura basically came out and said "I wrote the original fucking game, I know and understand this series better than you do, shut up because it's going wild" in that tweet on FF7's official page.

Based.
>>
>>2651021
>Senile washed old man says stuff
Reminds me of my grandpa
>>
>>2651021
He didn't write shit, but Nojima did write 7R and 7R2 so people should shut the fuck up about what is or isn't canon.
>>
>>2650715
there was nothing original with time jannies
>>
>>2651021
It's a George Lucas scenario.

>>2651045
FF7 is canon, the rest is Nomura's shitty fanfic. Literally everything he did with the Narrative was for the worse so no one with a brain cares about the Narrative of his new fanfic.
Nomura showcased that he completely lacks a fundamental grasp of storytelling and why things work or not.
>>
>>2650715
>What is Sephiroth's endgame?
This game is already full-on Kingdom Hearts faggotry.
>>
>>2651297
>nomura
>nomura
>nomura
Both OG FF7 and 7R were written by Nojima, who's also the writer of Kingdom Hearts. Anything Nojima wants to be canon, is canon. Even that shitty FFX novel is canon to FFX.
>>
>Remake thread
>During Europoor hours
I now understand why these threads are so cancerous.
>>
>>2651305
Just wait until the mutts wake up and the tranny /pol/ wars will take over.
>>
>>2650721
>Nomura
Can you retards stop blaming Nomura for things he didn't do?
>>
>>2650860
That's just the shit english """translation""".
>>
>>2651298
The one from part 1 is good, it's pretty fucking obvious if you played with the japanese dub. Sephiroth before going insane refered to himself as "ore", after as "watashi". The one in the remake for the entire game larps as evil, using "watashi", either to bait fans or because of the influence of the memories from the old timeline, but in the final duel with Cloud he refers to himself as "ore".
>>
>>2651300
Only retards care about canon.

Besides. What's canon in FF7 is what happened in that game. Anything done now would be a retcon. A lot of it driven by marketing and greed, like with Sephiroth, making it even less relevant.
Like what's supposedly canon by the director in the original Blade Runner is dumber and makes the narrative worse, which is something only he thinks is canon from the og crew. So if something dumb is retconned in to be canon, there's no reason to give a shit.

This "canon" only really matters in the FF7R games, which suck shit.
>>
>>2650715
I generally don't mind the anime aesthetic that many japanese games have. But when you go to lengths to have the graphics be realistic, personally, it gets in the way of my suspension of disbelief that, for example, these two kpop twink pretty boys cloud and zack are meant to pass as gruff battle weary soldiers. Their fucking make-up is intact and their faces are just so perfectly shaped and their hair is immaculate. They've only got a couple dirt stains and scars but plastering those on their character models while every other aspect of them is so pristine just makes the dissonance so much more apparent.

In my opinion.
>>
>>2650715
>What is Sephiroth's endgame?
I'm calling it right now, they will be ripping of Legacy of Kain, and they will do it poorly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y5HAV_hMU0
>>
The only thing I'm thinking about right now is whether SE will release the older game in HD remaster only. I dislike the wait for the new one,a trilogy that will probably span a decade? Fuck that.
>>
File: 1622029343830.jpg (136 KB, 806x1178)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>2650715
If Square wants to make a new version of 7 where the plot deviates from the original, why don't they just be upfront and do that instead of introducing the time jannies?

Why do japs love time travel and alternate reality plots? They always open up unecessary plot holes and make the plot way more convoluted than it needs to be.
>>
>>2650721
>giving fanboys the finger and telling them this is just FFVII-2
This. They've wanted an FF VII remake since that PS3 tech demo from the years between 2005-2006, so much that it apparently affected development of FF XIII.
I certainly never clamored for such a thing, I was looking forward to FF XIII, and vs. XIII.
They get what they fucking deserve.
>>
Will Aerith get an ass in Rebirth?
>>
>>2651340
Don't you have enough ugly women who look like men in westoid fames to satisfy your ugliness fetish?
>>
>>2650715
Did they ever fix the PC performance for intergrade?
>>
>>2651453
They patched it. 90% of the people who played it had no issues with performance. The main issue was resolution scaling being enabled no matter what, but they removed that as well in a patch.
>>
>>2651458
Hmmm. I might give it a try. I doubt I will love it or anything but I have some time to fill next week and not seeing anything else really stand out.
>>
>>2650722
>We're not getting out of Kalm in this game are we
I hope so. They can't do like last time and contain the fucking thing to one game, then pad it out with massive story-padding not relevant to the original or anything just to kill time.

I hope it has a huge area. It can be done, and it needs to be done to significantly advance the game.

>>2650732
I don't think they'll take it that far. IF they take it far, then I expect them to get to NIbelheim
>>
>>2651500
They only have 2 more games to finish the series and they already wasted the entirety of part 1 to remake 15% of the game
If they actually want to follow the FF7 plot they have to go all the way to the end of disc 1 or they won't be able to finish the story
>>
File: 1537712790672027648.jpg (150 KB, 2052x1397)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
>>
>>2651540
You've got your shitpost backward.
>Damn, FFVIIR is a fun game.
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
This is every FF7R thread, including this one. No exceptions.
>>
>>2651548
the angriest guy in every 7R thread is the one replying to everyone who shits on it with some spiel about objectivity and opinions, while never actually discussing the points being raised.
>>
>>2651557
Sounds awfully specific, schizo-kun. Asshole still sore?
>>
>>2651557
You've noticed that too?
>>
>>2651562
>>2651557
I am starting to see a pattern here. You.
>>
>>2651560
oh hi, it's you.
>>2651562
pretty fuckin hard to miss it. just scroll up.
>>
>>2651569
No, it's just a very specific case in this thread. You're attempting to create a bogeyman out of nothing because you humiliated yourself by presenting opinions as facts about everything from music to dialogue quality.
>>
>>2651571
anon you've spent the entire thread replying to anyone criticizing the game by saying those are opinions, not facts. >>2650865
you do this again and again while not actually discussing the game at all.
ironically, you don't contest anyone praising the game, but feel the need to imply everyone with a criticism is WRONG and a retard. why? because they're being subjective.
this is idiotic thinking.
but hey thanks for proving >>2651557 100% right IMMEDIATELY. you're literally the only angry guy here.
>>
>>2651573
Nope, you're making shit up in order to maintain the illusion of a bogeyman. I responded to your posts last night, and then stopped when you proved to be a hopeless case of retard who unironically believes he speaks with authority and that his opinions are factual evidence to use in "arguments."
>>
>>2651575
you didn't talk to me last night, but thanks for admitting that you are indeed the guy I described here >>2651557

before I go, try reading your own post back to yourself out loud and ask yourself if there's anything slightly ironic about it. I doubt you will but maybe a little self awareness will kick in. I doubt it though.
>>
>>2651578
I'm telling you I responded to >>2650858 post and then stopped when he/you started presenting opinions as fact. I then responded to what is likely your shitposting image 13+ hours later, which appeared to be spot on. >>2651548

This bogeyman you're describing doesn't exist. There are no angry responses anywhere, and barely any discussion about the game(s) at all. You're painting a false narrative.
>>
>>2651580
Okay, I accept my bogeyman doesn't exist. Want to tell me about the one you tried to start here >>2651560?
>>
>>2651583
Jesus christ, anon. Let's go through the chain of events step-by-step here.
>opinionated post 1 says FF7R is good
>opinionated post 2 says FF7R is not good, objectively
>back and forth until it's established that there is no reasoning with people who pretend to speak with authority
>skip forward to the next day
>anon 1 posts shitposting image
>anon 2 responds to shitposting image with how anon 1 has it backwards
>anon 1 then creates a bogeyman out of the anon from the argument from the night before and specifically refers back to it, pretending it's all the thread consists of and that it's in every thread
>anon 1 is called out for being sore about said previous conversation
You should at least try to keep up and absorb all the information before you butt in with idiotic comments.
>>
>>2650862
retard yes, asshole no. he is a giant marshmallow
>>
>>2650905
>Mine are based in facts and rational observations.
delusions of grandeur. nice.
>>
>>2651588
>>opinionated post 2 says FF7R is not good, objectively
where?
>>
>>2651594

>>2650905
>>
>>2651557
>>2651588
lmao
>>
>>2651598
Gonna have to do better than that, champ. >>2651548
No exceptions.
>>
>>2651599
but you're mad about people criticizing it
>>
>>2651603
Nope, you're just incapable of having a conversation without your feefees getting hurt, so you call everyone mad.
>>
>>2651604
any tips on how other posters can criticize remake correctly?
>>
>>2651610
You can say whatever the fuck you want, but people lose all interest in anything you have to say when you present your opinions as facts. You can go back to the posts that triggered you in this thread and see that this was the only thing that was ever said from the "pro-FF7R" side. You're arguing with yourself.
>>
>>2651616
>people lose all interest
>literally malding 24 hours later because someone doesn't like a videogame
>>
>>2651618
You mean responding to your posts the next day? You're still here shitposting. You have zero self-awareness. Also, this Discord-tier trolling approach is played out. You're trying too hard. Give it a rest.
>>
>>2651619
I'm not the guy from before, so this little tantrum is extra funny
>>
>>2651621
What's actually funny is that you perceive it as such, when in reality I'm simply responding to your posts. Where's the emotion on my side? You must be heavily medicated if this is your impression.
>>
>>2651624
only a not mad person would type out something so autistic. you're like a dog with a chew toy. funny that you're so keen on a REAL conversation about the game but would rather write up 100 posts about how you aren't mad, it's everyone else who is mad, also they're all one person. is there anything about remake you'd actually like to talk about? and if not, why are you here?
>>
>>2651630
>only a not mad person would type out something so autistic.
You seem to struggle with the English language in general. I'm not at all surprised that you would write my posts off as "autistic." Par for the course. I'm simply responding on-topic to the bumps from last night. All these new posters of yours are the ones who are obsessed with this bogeyman you think exists. How many times are you going to scream and shout about emotions you think people are having? Are you okay?
>>
>>2650949
it's a video game. did you think it was based on a true story?
>>
>>2651369
more upfront than a literal characterization of the plot trying to maintain itself.....that you then proceed to kill?
>>
>>2651634
I asked you if you wanted to talk about the game, and you ignored it. instead you're begging I continue to give you attention. I'd rather talk about the games.
you didn't deny you have autism at least, I appreciate your honesty.
>>
the salt in this thread was tasty. thanks y'all
>>
>>2651645
I've discussed both 7R and Rebirth in this thread. Just not with you. You're here chasing imaginary bogeymen and pointing fingers like a lunatic.
>>
>>2651645
I'm predicting his melty response:
>I'm not mad I'm not mad you can't prove I am mad. Autism again? How interesting. You say I have autism. What is it about my posts that would make you say I have autism? You are too emotional. You are screaming. You keep talking about a bogeyman. Are you okay? I am simply responding. But I suppose that looks like "autism" to you? Do you not understand English?
>>
>>2651654
I see you took longer with your prediction than I took writing my reply. Topkek, schizo.
>>
>>2651652
>Just not with you
well at least you were reasonable enough to accept that
>>2651654
kek you're going to make him worse, be nice
>>
>>2651655
>not denying the autism accusation
again, appreciate the honesty. later bro.
>>
>>2651656
>>2651659
>bruh if we circlejerk and wink at each other it's just gonna drive him mad haha
The absolute state of Discord.
>>
I think all the FF7R content will be cool and plan to just enjoy it for what it is. Nothing ever really recaptured the feel of the old game to me in Crisis Core or Dirge of Cerberus, but FF7R did for me, even though it's different, so I think it's a good game.

I'm not gonna get a PS5 though. I'll just wait for everything to be on PC now.
>>
>>2651670
The Compilation of FF7 is soulless. 7R has soul.
>>
The complaints in this thread is autism. Only autists play remakes, especially for a story-driven game like FF7. Everybody else has novel experiences to enjoy instead of replaying the same shit they already know.
It's good that they tried to do something new with the game and I would have ignored it otherwise. The only thing that square should be faulted for is stretching it out like the hobbit (and of course, if the games turn out to be genuinely bad by the time all parts release).
>>
If I play Crises Core Reunion will I understand who Zack is? I played Remake (not Original) and I understood everything in the story except who the fuck Zack is.
>>
>>2651776
Zack is a soldier who rescues cloud after he gets all fucked up in nibelheim

there's an entire optional scene about him in the first FF game
>>
>>2651791
*FF7 game
>>
>>2650754
>always decrying remasters and remakes
Reminder that 4Chan isn't a hivemind.
I always value faithful remakes because I unironically enjoy playing through the same game with better visuals, and remasters too because usually they're an excuse to bring a previously console exclusive to PC.
>>
>>2650797
>>better music
lolno
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZbJoRGfHgc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maN5Yqa4eNA
>>
>>2651776
Zack was a SOLDIER that saved Cloud, but then were captured by Hojo and experimented on.
The Buster Sword was Zack's.
Zack was Aerith's boyfriend.
Cloud's memories were mixed up with Zacks. Making him forget Zack and think that he was Zack.

How much of this is still relevant with the Remake retcons though is difficult to say.
>>
>>2651591
Barret is a legit terrorist and his actions are shown to bring direct suffering to the people in the remake.
>>
>>2651593
Rational observations rooted in established narrative design and writing over you shitposting.
Clearly you're the irrational one here.

The sign of an idiot is someone that constantly screams
>yeah well it's all subjective, it's all opinions, i can like what i like
in a discussion.

It's people like you that don't like being wrong but are incapable of providing counter arguments in a discussion. So you just shitpost instead.
>>
>>2651960
>How much of this is still relevant with the Remake retcons though is difficult to say.
Nta, but the trailer shows Cloud and Sephiroth likely on their way to Mt. Niblheim, so things seem to stay mostly the same.
Cloud remembers that he was with Zack judging by his lines (see >>2650741), but maybe they'll just dive deeper into his insanity and have Cloud think of Zack as the common grunt that was in reality him (as in Cloud) all along?
>>
>>2650715
Could we take-off the Highwind manually from the ground from and to anywhere in the world, with no transition ? That, sir, is the real question.
>>
File: THANKS-NOJIMA.jpg (549 KB, 2850x812)
549 KB
549 KB JPG
So is this shit actually legit?
This is some seriously fucked up stuff, even by modern Square standards.
>>
>>2651791
>>2651960
You said Zack saves Cloud. What has anything have to do with Cloud in the first place if Zack is the true experienced SOLDIER? It makes me think that Hojo witnessed Zack’s badassery and prowess, and saw Cloud as simply another able-bodied candidate to replicate Zack’s talent inside of. Why have Cloud in the story at all if Zack was there in the first place. He was Aerith’s boyfriend and everything.
>>
File: mosey-480x360.jpg (31 KB, 480x360)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>2652030
Because Zack died. Cloud was a guinnie pig for Hojo to experiment using Mako. Hence why Cloud is stronger than normal and has Mako eyes (like a SOLDIER).

This ties into Cloud's character development in the original. How Cloud behaves in the beginning of the game isn't his true self. His true self isn't a super serious broody person. That's just how he imagined a "SOLDIER" would behave.
>>
File: FFX 2.5.png (463 KB, 807x1266)
463 KB
463 KB PNG
>>2652024
"Rebirth" was a common guess.
That said, Nojima also wrote X-2.5 where Tidus gets killed trying to pick up what he believes to be a Blitzball, so...
>>
>>2652058
>isn't his true self
Properly Zack personality traits somehow bleed over thanks to macko fuckery into Cloud and overwritten his own, when they were floating in it under the Shinra mansion. Or it is all just traumatized Cloud a coping.
>>
>>2652068
The thing that throws me off the most in that "leak" is not even Cloud dying - I actually suspected this would happen in the remake.
It's the fucking Genesis turning into Warrior of Light. It's even more bonkers than the entire Kingdom Hearts story.
>>
File: wol14.png (3.57 MB, 1920x1080)
3.57 MB
3.57 MB PNG
>>2652082
If Yoshida can have his villain turn into the Warrior of Light then so can Nomura
>>
File: the-life.gif (93 KB, 212x192)
93 KB
93 KB GIF
>>2650752
Unless he goes the Evangelion route.

Introduce a new female character to ship cloud with. The madman might actually do it,
>>
>>2652115
Technically he already did it in Part 1 by making Jessie extremely horny for Cloud.
And it looks like she will return in Rebirth.
>>
>>2652024
>>2652068
>>2652082
I too thought the Grinch Leak for Smash was real.
>>
>>2652030
>You said Zack saves Cloud. What has anything have to do with Cloud in the first place if Zack is the true experienced SOLDIER?
Cloud is the one who yeeted Sephiroth into a mako vent
>>
>>2652080
that doesn't even make sense either because Zack is a feel good easy going chad
>>
>>2652127
God I would fucking worship Jessie's sweaty feet and asshole if I had the chance
>>
Speaking about Crisis Core, I wonder what in the fuck they are going to do. It was definitely a bad game even back then and sold just because of the "ps2 graphics on a handheld" graphics and the IP name.
They would need to rewrite to every single Genesis scene since he's by far the worst piece of garbage in the entire series, to a point that makes the Stranger in Paradise edge shit look like masterpiece writing.
>>
>>2652237
Zack, a chad really? Everything I’ve seen from Zack so far reminds me of a Sora figure from Kingdom Hearts. A little too upbeat, and go-happy like an anime protagonist. Bit cringe. Cloud may be brooding, but he gives off a more stand offish vibe, which is what chad energy supposedly is. His hair is blonde hair like a chad kid
>>
File: 1421518186889.jpg (29 KB, 277x277)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>2652265
Anon...
>>
>>2652258
genesis is one of the best characters in the history of fiction.
>>
>>2652258
>They would need to rewrite to every single Genesis scene since he's by far the worst piece of garbage in the entire series
I don't get where this cope is coming from lately.
CCR's just another Xenoblade Chronicles remaster type deal and it'd be remissed of Square to alter any and everything related to Genesis and Angeal's inclusion to this mess of a compilation. It's evident Square's leaning heavily in on the 2 different perspectives between CC's events and Cloud recollection to purposely confuse newfags when Part 2 eventually comes out.

On another note and at the risk of sounding like a schizo, this is giving me serious Nu-Star Wars flashbacks when TFA was first announced. What I mean by that is Square chose the mass media consumption route by having newfags play catch-up (which I THOUGHT Ever Crisis was originally intended for until CCR's reveal) so they're all familiar with who Zack is and are ready and prepped for Part 2. I'm not too happy with how Square's going about this, because while it does make sense from a pseudo-meta narrative/advertisement perspective, this isn't how I would've wanted newfags to get into FF7's lore. That's just the nature of how this episodic nature was going to go it seems.

Also, Before Crisisfags must be starving because Square doesn't seem to give very little shits about them or anything related to that part of the compilation.
>>
File: Red XIII.jpg (111 KB, 1408x1024)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
Am I the only one who misread "RedXIII" as "RedVIII" and called him "Red 8" for years in the 90s, 2000s, and 2010s?
>>
Did not play 7remake but with all this time travel stuff I'm hearing about that is something I would expect in 8 since Ulti does her time stuff
>>
Man that fucking salt earlier in this thread was the greatest thing I've seen on this board. How multiple faggots seething about facts or opinions was so fucking autistic
>>
>>2650721
It will probably be better if they go their own way. The first remake already didn't really capture the original game well. I think just going further afield is probably for the best.
>>
>>2651925
My absolute nigger, 7R's soundtrack is 8 hours and 30 minutes long, consisting of over 150 tracks. A few of them are shit, the overwhelming majority are better. Extreme example of nitpicking.
>>
>>2652382
Are you still seething about this 2 days later? You need to let it go. No one else cares about your "salt." Move on.
>>
>>2652354
With the Remake they managed to make an even bigger mess of a stort than 8, which is impressive.

They took something simple that worked and made it convoluted, messy and absolute shit. All the while adding new stuff that is fucking terrible.
>>
>>2652420
It's not even remotely as convoluted as FF8. Normies are actually able to follow the story, unlike FF8, where only a small portion of fans know what the fuck is going on or realize that the plot twists aren't "random." I hope FF lore schizo makes a return and gives us his thoughts on REMAKE and REBIRTH.
>>
>>2652425
>It's not even remotely as convoluted as FF8
Yes it is. By far, This is just part 1 too. It'll only get worse from here.
Everything is muddied, right down to Sephiroth.

>>2652385
There isn't a single track that's better than the original and most of the new music are shitty variations of the same songs.
For example, they took Oppressed People and made 3 shitty versions of it.

The better FF7 tracks just take the original songs, make them more generic and bland, while adding pointless additions like some generic latin lyrics or some shit.
They take memorable songs and turn them into something you struggle to remember. It's background noise.

No really, just listed to one of the "better" ones with the Airbuster one, listen to how much pointless noise they threw in that adds nothing to the song. It's white noise along with some pointless generic vocals.
https://youtu.be/cQDLBKpbXQU?t=123

I actually laughed when I heard this song in the game. It's like they used some bargain bin Hollywood or trailer music composer filter.
>>
>>2652455
>Everything is muddied, right down to Sephiroth.
maybe you should take your finger off that fast forward button zoom zoom
>>
>>2652455
>Yes it is.
It's not. At all. It's very straight forward. FF8 is legitimately convoluted to the point where you can't discuss the game without crackpot theories dominating the conversation, and that's not an exaggeration.
>There isn't a single track that's better than the original and most of the new music are shitty variations of the same songs.
Okay, I disagree with your opinion. The one thing most people who dislike the remake typically agree on is that SE knocked the OST out of the park, a few original tracks and arrangements aside. The dynamic battle music is great. I thought they fucked up Jenova's theme initially, but the original synth version kicks in during the last phase of the fight after the more generic orchestral first half.
>>
>>2652470
yeah Hamauzu really knocked it out of the park idk what the fuck anon is saying he's probably an anti-shill
>>
>>2652470
>It's very straight forward.
Are you fucking kidding me?
Okay, let's pretend that FF7R's story is "straight forward". Try to provide the answers to the following questions WITHOUT getting into theories and speculation:
1. What is Sephiroth actually trying to do in Part 1? What's his motivation?
2. Why the Whispers, who are so hell bent on keeping the story close to OG, aren't doing anything to stop Sephiroth? And if he's actually immune to them, then why is he immune?
3. What the fuck happened in the last 30 minutes of the game?
4. What is Aerith trying to do in Part 1? She's clearly having her own agenda, what with beeing aware of Whispers and Sephiroth's intentions.
5. Why is Zack alive in thHJA2e ending? If that's an alternate reality bullshit, then why does he sense Aerith and Cloud when passing through them?
>>
Why can Aerith just make portals to alternate dimensions now
>>
>>2652492
>Are you fucking kidding me?
>Okay, let's pretend that FF7R's story is "straight forward". Try to provide the answers to the following questions WITHOUT getting into theories and speculation:
>1. What is Sephiroth actually trying to do in Part 1? What's his motivation?
>2. Why the Whispers, who are so hell bent on keeping the story close to OG, aren't doing anything to stop Sephiroth? And if he's actually immune to them, then why is he immune?
>3. What the fuck happened in the last 30 minutes of the game?
>4. What is Aerith trying to do in Part 1? She's clearly having her own agenda, what with beeing aware of Whispers and Sephiroth's intentions.
>5. Why is Zack alive in thHJA2e ending? If that's an alternate reality bullshit, then why does he sense Aerith and Cloud when passing through them?

Alright not the same guy but I can handle this.
1. Sephiroth wants to make Cloud suffer. Sephiroth is satan now and he is literally connected to the physical biological embodiment of evil in the universe and the origin of all demons. He is a demon man. He is an alien space satan and after connecting to the life stream after getting yeeted by Cloud -again- he has regained some or all of his memories of the previous timeline that Aeris has access to from Cetra dna and Cloud has from mako injection or straight up heroic psychic powers like you would get if you were any mythic hero from any mythology from any corner of the planet we live on now.
2. Sephiroth isn't doing anything he isn't supposed to. The end.
3. Cloud is subconsciously acknowledging what is actually happening and confronting the forces of fate as well as Sephiroth's demonic psychic apparition, manipulating whatever magic juice their world runs on to manifest an absolute physical real barrier that has to be overcome to change things as they are into whatever they could be if they made their own destiny through force.
4. She is trying to reach out to Cloud.
5. Zack is alive, crossing them is metaphorical.
>>
>>2652492
None of these things make the story "convoluted." These are unanswered question in an ongoing trilogy. Since we don't yet have the answers, all we can do is speculate, with some accuracy. We know, for instance, that the Sephiroth in 7R is either a time traveler, or has gained knowledge of the future via the Lifestream, as OG Sephiroth gave zero fucks about Cloud and only acknowledged him when all the other "Clones" failed to bring him the Black Materia. When Cloud had served his purpose, he was discarded like a puppet. 7R Sephiroth is the one who's obsessed with him from the extended FF7 universe.

As for his motives, we can assume that since he has knowledge of the future, he knows that he's destined to be defeated by Cloud, and seeks to break the chains of fate so that he no longer gets rekt. If he's a time traveler or from an alternate universe, it makes sense that the jannies wouldn't be able to touch him, so instead they do damage control and try to preserve the timeline by undoing his actions, such as killing Barret.

FF8 is a full game that's been available since 1999, and it is legitimately convoluted to the point where most fans still can't wrap their heads around it. 7R simply has unanswered questions. It's not hard to understand.
>>
>>2652514
>OG Sephiroth gave zero fucks about Cloud and only acknowledged him when all the other "Clones" failed to bring him the Black Materia
No man he fucking hated Cloud and got a specific sadistic pleasure out of torturing him because Cloud yeeted him and tossed him into the reactor pool before the game even starts
>>
>>2652514
>As for his motives, we can assume that since he has knowledge of the future, he knows that he's destined to be defeated by Cloud, and seeks to break the chains of fate so that he no longer gets rekt. If he's a time traveler or from an alternate universe, it makes sense that the jannies wouldn't be able to touch him, so instead they do damage control and try to preserve the timeline by undoing his actions, such as killing Barret.
No man, he's trying to preserve the timeline while torturing Cloud with the jenova cells inside him so that he can kill Aeris again and taunt him
>>
>>2652522
>>2652524
See, one of you fags asked earlier why there's no earnest discussion to be found in this thread. This is why. Can't get any more disingenuous if you tried. Resume shitposting.
>>
>>2652497
Also if Aerith has the same alternate dimension travel powers as Sephiroth does that mean she can also travel through time like he does
>>
>>2652457
Compare Sephiroth's involvement and role in the narrative from the original to the remake. Then add on all the other needless additions that muddied and convoluted the narrative needlessly.

This is Kingdom Hearts all over again.

>>2652470
>it's straight forward
The original was. The remake took the original and took something simple that worked and went with a kitchen sink approach of needless dumb shit.

FF8 isn't as convoluted as people think. The theories are there to fill in blanks (which aren't necessary to fill in).
With FF7, they filled in any and all nooks and crannies with convoluted shit that added nothing and only muddied everything. Making the narrative vastly inferior to a 25 year old game.
>timeline timetravel shit, time jannies, "sephiroth", clouds visions, underground research base beneath the slums, pointless characters like the neighbor & ilk, the not-dante soldier, the ending, etc.
This is just the tip of the iceberg.

As for the music. In a bubble it's mostly fine. Bland and generic, but fine. But with the original FF7 in context, it becomes comically inept and bad and embody literally everything people get wrong when trying to "update" music that already worked. The same shit shitty fan arrangements do.
In fact, it echoes the narratie approach. Take the original, bloat it and make additions that make the music worse, with the only decent parts being the chunks left mostly alone.

FF7R as a whole is impressive in how incompetent the execution in terms of pretty much everything was. It's actually legit difficult to find parts that added to the original, over detracting from it.
>>
>>2652532
>The original was
As is 7R. Part 1 just left unanswered questions for parts 2 and 3. Your issue appears to be that it's not the original game. Well, it isn't and it won't be. It's not a remake, no need to treat it as such or base the complaints on what is or isn't consistent with the original game. You remind me of a user who went by DLPB on Qhimm, who echoed similar opinions relentlessly.
>>
>>2652505
>>2652514
The fact that neither of you realize that those things and more makes it far more convoluted than the original speaks of your lack of awareness.
They took a very straightforward roughly 5 hour slice of gameplay and inserted tons of needless complexity, which at the end of the day improved nothing. Also, this is just part 1.
>>
>>2652535
It's not convoluted at all, it's just a mental limitation on your part.
>>
>>2652535
>>2652536
seriously dude this is 2022 read a religious text or something spirituality is real
>>
>>2652533
>game is called REMAKE
>it isn't actually a remake, just a subversive subtitle with a different meaning
>bamboozled by nojima again
Every time.
>>
Any scans of Vincent frens? I would like Vincent to kill aeris desu as chaos
>>
>>2652533
>As is 7R
FF7R is in no way even remotely as simple as the original. It's also vastly narratively inferior and fucks up things horribly.
Sephiroth is effectively neutered and lost all appeal he had as a villain. The very things that made him iconic, which now just turns him into a bog standard generic ineffective villain.

>Your issue appears to be that it's not the original game
No, my issue is that everything new they did was worse. They didn't fix the problems of the original, instead they added new ones while taking what worked and made it infinitely worse.

Again, compare Sephiroth's introduction in the original to the remake. If you're telling me immediately going "S'up Cloud" repeatedly through visions in the beginning of the remake is better than his indirect introduction (where we don't even see him) in the original introduction with the blood trail, music and discovering the head of Shinra dead, you're delusional.

Even if you want to spin this into not being a remake, but a remixed sequel, then that doesn't magically make the game any better. The narrative is still clumsy and stupid, the combat problems are still there, the terrible pacing and horrid level design is still there, the awful side quests are still there, the non-sensical idea of having a kid make you play VR games to get summons in real life is still bafflingly stupid and more.

Normally I would be curious enough to check out the other entries, especially since conceptually the idea of changing the timeline is interesting on paper. But they took that idea and executed on it in the worst possible way to the point where my faith in their abilities is 0. To the point where my interest in anything they do after this is so low I haven't even engaged in even a shred of news of any new games or milking they're doing and wouldn't even play the games if I got them for free.
>>
>>2652536
>it's not convoluted, u r just dumb
Amazing argument.
I bet you think just because someone understands something that suddenly stops said thing from being convoluted. Because that's not how it works. But I can see you're not a rational person, so I'll stop treating you as such.
>>
>>2652514
> These are unanswered question in an ongoing trilogy. Since we don't yet have the answers, all we can do is speculate, with some accuracy.
Hmm, now where have I seen exactly the same defense?
Ah yes, all the unanswered questions were answered so satistfyingly in the later installments of that trilogy.
>>
>>2652547
Why didn't cloud use the 7 seconds to make sure sephiroth never found out about the library in the basement???
Or
Why didn't he use the seven seconds to kill a young hojo before he had sephiroth?
>>
>>2652547
Dude sephiroth was never cool he was an unhinged emotional wreck prone to theatrics and weird cut off monologues like some sort of edgy teen who makes poetic literary references to shit nobody respects or cares about right before getting punched in the face, except everything sephiroth says and does is a huge wank in reference to absolutely nothing but his own clownish narcissism
>>
>>2652565
You serious??? He was a litteral God. He told the true history which was covered up worldwide by Shinra. He also probably has knowledge of tidus and Yuna. Like if he can move through timelines in this one who's to say he's not a fayth from 10 possessing this sephiroth. It's why he rezzed zack
>>
>>2652570
and yet, he never scored
>>
>>2652571
Actually in the original everyone died and only red xiii lived replay the game brah. So he got the kelfka high score
>>
>>2652549
I would bet a million dollars that guy says KH isn't convoluted
>>
>>2652579
Uhhh if you have half a brain it's not. Pay attention
>>
>>2652580
lol
>>
File: 1433174001955.gif (2.26 MB, 1920x1070)
2.26 MB
2.26 MB GIF
>>2652576
>>
If the planet had access to time traveling assassins the entire time why didn't it kill Shinra when he was a baby
>>
>>2652584
planet is fine when humans are dead
>>
>>2652584
Because the planet didn't become sentient without the AL bhed and there lifestream studies.
My bet is tidus is real the time traveling jannie is inside sephiroth controlling him the entire time
>>
>>2652586
That was the real ending adventure children wasn't cannon. Red 13 even said that ending is the bad ending. And everyone dies in it. At the end fight
>>
>>2652547
It's a narrative sequel to the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII. The game assumes you're familiar with the original story and characters. The Sephiroth you're introduced to is not the one from the original game, who isn't even active until Cloud comes into contact with Jenova and the call for Reunion begins. You're not re-experiencing the original story. It's like going from Muv-Luv Unlimited to Alternative. I'm not touching any of the opinions shared in your posts as there's no changing them and they're no more valid than any other, so it's a waste of time when we disagree on virtually every subject. Hopefully you don't sperg about it for another day or so. Please understand.

>To the point where my interest in anything they do after this is so low I haven't even engaged in even a shred of news of any new games or milking they're doing and wouldn't even play the games if I got them for free.
You're more vocal about 7R than the people who actually like it, and you didn't even finish it. >>2650877

>>2652549
It actually isn't, at all, especially not compared to FF8, which you compared it to. It simply ends on a cliffhanger and leaves you with questions that will be answered. If you find it overly complex, perhaps that's a you issue. Even normies are following the plot just fine.

>>2652579
>>2652582
>>2652580
>>2652579
>>2652576
>>2652571
>>2652583
>>2652584
>>2652586
>>2652588
Underage. And KH is shit.
>>
>>2652591
Kh2 is a kino game try again boomer
>>
>>2652594
Everything other than the story is kino. It serves only as an excuse to have ebin boss fights against chuuni edgelords.
>>
>>2652586
So why didn't the planet which has access to time travel and is sentient enough to kill individuals kill humanity before they could make Mako energy
>>
>>2652591
KH and KH2 are legendary 7/10 games and you got filtered hard zoomer faggotron
>>
>>2652596
the planet raised humanity to kill jenova and by extension, sephiroth, and doesn't have any reason to care either way if humanity goes extinct after
>>
>>2652596
We only see the planet defend itself against extraterrestrial threats, like Meteor and Jenova, so that's probably why, otherwise there wouldn't be a story to tell to begin with.
>>
If FF7 and FFX were a part of the same canon then would Kimahri be RedXIII's ancestor?
>>
>>2652599
But Jenova and Sephiroth would never have become threats to the planet again if it wasn't for humanity
>>
>>2652608
Jenova would eat the planet anyway. It didn't because the Cetra stopped it.
>>
>>2652608
Jenova was never dead the cetra literally blew the head off of her previous host and she just chilled out like the thing under the tundra waiting for her chance. Jenova coming back was an inevitability.
>>
man WHAT IF FF7 was canon to even FFXV and Parasite Eve man
>>
>>2652611
Stop pulling bullshit out of your ass. The Cetra didn't blew Jenova's head off, it was Sephiroth who ripped her head off in the Nibelheim reactor.
The Cetra used their magic to seal Jenova in the Northern Crater, where it remained completely harmless in stasis, until Shinra excavated it.
>>
>>2652620
Come back when you're sober.
>>
>>2652623
thats not her head it's a computer helmet used to regulate her bodily functions where her cranium used to be, but for her it's actually inhibiting her and preventing her from corrupting her surroundings
>>
If the planet has access to time travel and people can travel through time why didn't the planet just send Cloud and his team from the end of FF7 to when Jenova first appeared on the planet so they can kill it
>>
>>2652638
Who says it has anything to do with the planet? The fact that the jannies can't touch Sephiroth implies it's out of its control. The jannies only try to correct the changes Sephiroth makes.
>>
File: 1652056057645.png (1.2 MB, 2850x812)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB PNG
posting retarded baseless leak kino
JUST IMAGINE
>>
>>2652661
The fact that people think it's even possible goes to show how badly FF7 has been handled over the past two decades. Lets face it, if you wrote out the events of advent children like this back in 1999, people would call it bullshit too. If you detailed crisis core like this before it came out, people would look at it like it was bullshit. Dirge of Cerberus? Nobody would believe it. But then it comes out, and there it is.
Even the remake, if you greentexted a summary of the whole time jannies plot, you'd think "no way, that's too retarded"

That's why Nojima's awful writing is so often called fanfic-tier.
>>
>>2652547
It's a sequel. No argument about it. It's insane some people are still stuck to the name REMAKE and keep comparing it to OG, about how "HOW COME TEH STORY IS NOT THE SAME!?" like man you can dislike or talk shit about the game however you want, but you can't even get basic facts right.

I'm more curious about the people who never played the OG playing 7R. What are their thoughts about it? Apparently people who played the OG just fell into a coma when they got to the slums part and woke up on typing on 4chan thread.
>>
>>2652687
>like man you can dislike or talk shit about the game however you want
Only if they end every sentence with "but that's just my opinion" and also they have to come up with unique complaints and not repeat things others have said previously.
>>
>>2652692
>Only if they end every sentence with "but that's just my opinion"
Only if they pretend to speak with authority, like this genius. >>2650905
>>
>>2652389
Not that anon and haven't played ff7r, ive only played the original game and dont know anything about the spinoffs. Just laughing at the two or three idiots including you angry at this thread. Not everyone laughing at your autism is the same people bro
>>
>>2652710
No one's angry. You're like a baby laughing looking out the car window and laughing at things it doesn't understand. Is this a common source of amusement for you? If you're projecting this much just browsing an imageboard, you must regularly burst out laughing in real life just walking down the street.
>>
>>2652714
Do you have autism?
>>
>>2652718
Your social ineptitude shows far more signs of autism than anything I've posted in this thread. Any perceived salt is of your own making and doesn't reflect reality in the slightest. Do you often butt in with idiotic comments and projection? You're like the village oaf pointing fingers at things no one else would find funny.
>>
>>2652724
That was a very longwinded yes.
>>
>>2652727
You're not very good at this. You keep repeating yourself.
>>
>>2652341
i just call him red like a normal person
or name him after my real life pet
>>
>>2652730
If the answer was no, you would have answered no.
>>
>>2652692
I think it's more of a psychological thing. Regardless of topic, in general people shows contempt for narcissistic behaviour of people believing their opinion should be put on pedestal/higher priority than others. The thing is that this website naturally cultivates such behaviour automatically since we suffer no repercussions for being rude and getting no rewards for being proper.

Finding people who actually played OG and 7R is like trying to find a diamond in the rough. Everyone's talking like 7R just got released yesterday or something. It has been alluded many times in multiple interviews that yes, 7R is a sequel and OG will remain its own behemoth. How can a proper discussion happen when we all aren't on the same page in the first place. But it's just my own opinion.
>>
I refuse to believe there are people existing who would seriously claim that FF7R's story is straight forward.
It has to be a weak baiting attempt. No sane person would ever claim such total b/s.
>>
>>2652770
Pretty straight forward. Original game plays out as usual, except small inconsistencies start to appear which culminates with the chains of fate being broken. Motives will be made apparent at a later date. OG FF7 Cloud's backstory and the Jenova/Sephiroth synthesis is more complex than anything presented in 7R so far and has yet to be explored in the REMAKE.
>>
>>2652770
if you were raised on kingdom hearts you might actually believe it, but you'd still be wrong.
a straight forward story doesn't result in hundreds of youtube videos attempting to explain it, and almost none of them agreeing. a straight forward story also doesn't require giant books sold separately which are full of explanations that are left out of the source material.
>>
>>2650715
I never thought that. And I still haven't bought a FF since 13.
>>
Why didn't Aerith just use her ability to make dimensional portals to go to another dimension where she doesn't get killed
>>
>>2652781
It's an incomplete story, the first in a trilogy. People are making videos and discussing where the story will lead for that reason. It's not that it's hard to understand, it's just that it has questions that will be answered in the next game. I've played 7R exactly once and haven't read the Ultimania or watched any interviews/breakdowns and understand everything there is to understand about the information available in the first game.

By the way, are you that fag who doomerposts all day long in this thread who by his own admission hasn't even finished 7R?
>I couldn't even force myself to finish this heap of shit and I haven't followed or watched a single shred of info about the next one.
No wonder you can't fathom that it's a straight forward story.
>>
>>2652565
He was a shallow and basic villain that worked because he was treated like a monster you barely interacted with and was fed piecemeal information about.

He worked because of his reveal, you struggling with the Midgar Zolom and you finding him single handedly impaling it. He worked because he flat out killed on your party members. Etc.
He was an imposing threat, the unstoppable force you tried to stop.
Now he's as much of a joke as Darth Vader is, dangled around like a puppet and losing everything that made the character work.

>>2652591
It doesn't matter if they want to treat it like a sequel players have to have played the original prior for. That doesn't magically make the game any better, as I already stated.

>The Sephiroth you're introduced to is not the one from the original game
No shit, you're not even paying attention. The point is that literally everything they did change made the narrative inferior, stupider, more convoluted and for absolutely no benefit.
Sephiroth was shoved in your face for the same reason Darth Vader is shoved in your face by Disney. The same stupid reason.
You're trying to handwave issues away because "lmao my opinion differs", meaning you're not even interested in a discussion, just to shitpost.

>>2652687
It doesn't matter what you want to call it, it doesn't make the game any better.
People (including Square Enix) however do call it a "remake".
It probably started as a remake and they wanted to market it as a remake because it would most likely sell better, but Nomura and his clown show team wanted to go off script, as he always does, because just like Kojima he thinks he's some godlike genius of game design and storytelling.

Instead the most positive elements of his games, including FF7R relies entirely on the talent of artists and more minute details he would have no hand in.
>>
>>2652795
>No shit, you're not even paying attention.
No. You're not paying attention and you're not getting the point. It isn't a remake. You are not being introduced to the character for the first time. Stop repeating yourself.
>>
File: DsTVstjW0AA6eU6.jpg (37 KB, 354x378)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>2652787
>it's just that it has questions that will be answered in the next game

no they wont, you will get more questions
>>
>>2652787
>are you that fag who doomerposts all day long in this thread who by his own admission hasn't even finished 7R?
no? I finished 7R, and have only posted twice so far. you sure jumped to a bogeyman strat quickly, all I'm saying is it's reasonable to consider the remake plot convoluted. most time travel plots are.

look at it this way, could you casually explain the plot of 7R to a stranger who had no prior knowledge of the series? same with kingdom hearts. even if you personally understand it all, you can't describe the plot without it sounding convoluted.

convoluted =/= "it makes no sense"
convoluted means convoluted. and that's what this is.
>>
>>2652804
>that's what this is.
Oh boy he is going to have another "objective/subjective/opinion/arrogance" melty when he reads this. You're in trouble now.
>>
>>2652801
>being illiterate
>fails to comprehend a point made twice, despite being spoonfed it
>instead dreams up what the point was actually about, despite not making it himself
>why? because it suits his close-minded narrative and he doesn't have to read if he does
So you're a subhuman retard no one should interact with, since you don't even possess basic literacy.
Sorry I made the mistake of treating you like a rational human being, it won't happen again.
>>
>>2652804
>look at it this way, could you casually explain the plot of 7R to a stranger who had no prior knowledge of the series
Yes. The game is a narrative sequel to the Compilation of FF7 and the REMAKE in the title has a different meaning than what you believe. It's not a remake of the original game, it's a remake of the original timeline, thus prior experience is assumed. Events mostly play out the same as the original, but with anomalies that keep mounting and ultimately lead to the future changing and branching off from the original.

Wow, so hard. Much complex, do not get.
>>
>>2652808
This is what your posts amount to:
>game is not a remake, me hate, me screech, me sperg
>game is not accurately portraying the original story or character, me hate, me screehc me sperg
>it sucky bad me hate
Now, repeat yourself again, smoothbrain, I crave your idiotic double digit IQ doomposts.
>>
>>2652812
>Yes
You did not explain the plot, you gave context. You don't know what plot is, do you.
Even the context you gave is convoluted.
>Wow, so hard
Apparantely it is for you, based on your post.
>>
>>2652813
>>game is not a remake, me hate, me screech, me sperg
Wrong. I never implied this or suggested it.
>game is not accurately portraying the original story or character, me hate, me screehc me sperg
Again, wrong.

This is why you're factually illiterate and living in la la land.
>>
>>2652812
you think you could say that to a stranger and they'd understand the plot? do you understand english? or... humans?

imagine a stranger who is happy to speak to you (I know this is far fetched but stick with it) and they see FFVIIR on your shelf. they don't know what FFVII is, but ask you what the plot of that game is. what do you say to them?
>>
>>2652815
No, this is what you've done all thread long, schizo, and multiple people have called you out on it. You don't have a single valid view or opinion to offer on anything, and have thus had your walls of text ignored.
>>2652816
>>2652814
Yes, presenting the game as such to a stranger would make the experience smooth for them, and they wouldn't be lost at any time when things appear out of place. It literally is the original game, except the main villain screws with the timeline and ultimately succeeds in changing the future. Your brains are so smooth, it's unbelievable. /vrpg/ is a haven for schizos such as you. Gotta love it.
>>
>>2652823
okay so how would you describe the plot to them without it sounding convoluted? and would you call him a smoothbrain schizo the moment he looked confused?
>>
>>2652826
The issue here is that you're unironically too unintelligent to accept anything as straight forward. A shopping list would be too convoluted for you.
>>
>>2652823
>No, this is what you've done all thread long
I quite literally stated again and again that it being a remake or not does not matter.
I don't care that it's different.

I have compared it to the original and judged it in a bubble.
A majority of the things they changed from the original resulted in a worse game. This is an observation, not me being upset things are different. I even said that conceptually I liked what they tried to do, except the exeuction was terrible. I was actually more interested in playing it when I heard it was sort of a sequel and not a remake.

I also look at it in a bubble and judged it as a new game, comparing it to other modern games. Even then it fails extremely hard and can't make excuses like the level design or quest design is from a 25 year old game. All of these things are bad when compared to modern AAA games today.
We unironically have terrible archaic MMO style quests by the truckload that boil down to going to a place, killing mobs and returning, all the while with a massively uninteresting narrative attached and with poor writing.
The combat isn't much better either and suffer from sporadically huge issues. Even games like Dragon's Dogma which are is 10 years old plays massively better. So it's worse than old games as well.
>>
>>2652829
you haven't even tried to give a straightforward answer.
what would you say to the guy to describe the remake plot? every time you don't answer it just tells me you know there's no straightforward answer.
>>
>>2652832
All your points lead to the same thing. This is now how it is in the original. The remake ruined it. Muh Sephiroth is muddied. You keep repeating yourself and expect a different answer like a schizophrenic fool. We established days ago that your opinions are to be disregarded, but it appears you didn't absorb the information and expect people to reply to the repeated content of your posts. Meds. Now.
>>2652834
Getting way too obvious now. Apply yourself.
>>
>>2652829
>people shows contempt for narcissistic behaviour of people believing their opinion should be put on pedestal/higher priority than others. The thing is that this website naturally cultivates such behaviour automatically since we suffer no repercussions for being rude and getting no rewards for being proper.
>YOU'RE DUM DUM DUM YOU CAN'T EVEN READ SHOP LIST
I see
>>
>>2652823
>Yes, presenting the game as such to a stranger would make the experience smooth for them

You did not explain the plot.
And no, that explanation is convoluted and doesn't make someone new know what FF7R's plot is about.
It's also amusing how you call others stupid when you can't even explain the plot. Cementing that you do not in fact either know what a plot is or lack the ability to describe it.
Now that's truly someone of powerful intelligence and not someone dumber than a monkey.
>>
>>2652835
>Getting way too obvious now.
what the fuck?
fine, you're completely giving up on answering the simple question. I guess it's too hard to describe remakes plot without it sounding convoluted. thanks for proving that.
>>
>>2652837
Well, anon, you can't even have a conversation without spilling your spaghetti, and you're showing signs of not understanding basic English in general, so there's that.
>>2652839
Reading comprehension is as expected, kek.
>>2652841
What did I just tell you? Apply yourself.
>>
>>2652835
>All your points lead to the same thing. This is now how it is in the original
I literally in the very post you replied to mentioned countless things which had absolutely nothing to do with the original FF7.

Here, let me quote it again until it sinks in, despite you being illiterate. It is the only reply you'll get from me until your sloth mind absorbs it.
> also look at it in a bubble and judged it as a new game, comparing it to other modern games. Even then it fails extremely hard and can't make excuses like the level design or quest design is from a 25 year old game. All of these things are bad when compared to modern AAA games today.
>We unironically have terrible archaic MMO style quests by the truckload that boil down to going to a place, killing mobs and returning, all the while with a massively uninteresting narrative attached and with poor writing.
>The combat isn't much better either and suffer from sporadically huge issues. Even games like Dragon's Dogma which are is 10 years old plays massively better. So it's worse than old games as well.
>>
>>2652844
>We established days ago that your opinions are to be disregarded, but it appears you didn't absorb the information and expect people to reply to the repeated content of your posts. Meds. Now.
And he keeps doing it. Amazing. You've become less credible than you initially were. Why continue this exercise in futility?
>>
>>2652842
>you can't even have a conversation without spilling your spaghetti
says the guy who keeps dodging a simple question while lashing out at everyone and telling them to take meds.
word of advice: when you're telling everyone else to take meds while getting mad as fuck it's time to look inwards.
>>
>>2652842
>>2652841
>fine, you're completely giving up on answering the simple question. I guess it's too hard to describe remakes plot without it sounding convoluted. thanks for proving that.
Might just link back to that every time you fail to answer. It's fun that you proved yourself wrong.
>>
>>2652847
Not my fault you have the reading comprehension of a meth baby. Keep repeating yourself, buddy.
>>
>>2652848
It has been outlined to you multiple times in various fashion. Again, the issue here is an intellectual one on your side. Keep going until we hit the bump limit.
>>
>>2652842
>Reading comprehension is as expected, kek.

Define what a plot is.

Then write the plot of FF7R.

So far you have done neither. A plot is the connection between events. You wrote context.
>>
>>2652845
Here, let me quote it again until it sinks in, despite you being illiterate. It is the only reply you'll get from me until your sloth mind absorbs it.
> also look at it in a bubble and judged it as a new game, comparing it to other modern games. Even then it fails extremely hard and can't make excuses like the level design or quest design is from a 25 year old game. All of these things are bad when compared to modern AAA games today.
>We unironically have terrible archaic MMO style quests by the truckload that boil down to going to a place, killing mobs and returning, all the while with a massively uninteresting narrative attached and with poor writing.
>The combat isn't much better either and suffer from sporadically huge issues. Even games like Dragon's Dogma which are is 10 years old plays massively better. So it's worse than old games as well.
>>
>>2652852
Your shitposting attempt has failed. You've received what you asked for, and continue to ignore it while pretending otherwise. Keep repeating yourself. Keep pretending to be retarded. Hit the bump limit.
>>2652853
>And he keeps doing it. Amazing. You've become less credible than you initially were. Why continue this exercise in futility?
>>
>>2652854
Trolling and inciting flamewar is bannable, just a heads up.
>>
>>2652855
As is backseat modding. You're posting in the thread I created with baitpost after baitpost, and you there's no end in sight.
>>
>>2652857
>asking someone to describe the plot of 7R is "bait"
lel
>>
>>2652859
>toddler reading comprehensive, selective memory
lel
>>
>>2652860
how would you describe the plot of 7R to a stranger, anon?
>>
>>2652864
Why would you keep repeating yourself when you received what you asked for what feels like hours ago? Shitposting, of course! Babby thinks he's successfully trolling today, haha...
>>
>>2652865
>you received what you asked for
link?
>>
>>2652867
Gonna have to sift through your shitposts yourself. You ignored it because you had no response and chose to continue to pretend to be retarded. Zoomies are such incredibly poor trolls, it's hilarious. How many more times will you repeat yourself, I wonder? Sky's the limit, or rather, page 10 is. Knock yourself out. let's see what true unmedicated melties look like.
>>
>>2652868
had a look, unfortunately you never said how you would describe the plot of 7R to a stranger. but I understand that's a very hard thing to do without it sounding convoluted.
>>
>>2652667
100% this
>>
>>2652870
One more repetition for the pile. I wonder how long he thinks this is effective trolling.
>>
>>2652667
...yeah
>>
I started going through FFVIII remastered on my PC and I would like to continue on my iPhone, can I use the same save from the cloud?
>>
>>2652868
>How many more times will you repeat yourself, I wonder? Sky's the limit, or rather, page 10 is. Knock yourself out. let's see what true unmedicated melties look like.
Either the Twitter tranny invasion is real or you fags are literal that, fags, or teenage girls. The snark in these threads is unreal it's like a tras(heh)scribed episode of RuPaul's Drag Race.
>>
>>2653088
Good idea, bump the thread and spark another round of shitposting. Fucking retard.
>>
>>2650732
This/somehow Tifa will die
>>
>>2653088
There is literally nothing worse than when a severely autistic dude on here absolutely NEEDS to get the last petty little snarkpost in. These fuckers can go for hours long after whatever the discussion was has long gone.
>>
>>2653108
>i'm just along for the ride the other guy is the real autist swear to god
Haha, Rean...
>>
>>2653092
>bump the thread and spark another round of shitposting
>Implying
>>
>>2653112
Your need for schizo drama is alarming. Here's a suggesting. Make an FFVIII lore thread and you will have a show for weeks.
>>
>>2653110
I haven't contributed to any of these shitshows. What's the point? I just think it's a shame actual discussion suffers because people tend to tune out one this shit starts.
>>
>>2653117
*once this
>>
>>2653110
>Reanfag
You know, I had a suspicion your ilk may be peddling the shitposting that goes on in these threads let alone the board in general. Forget nuking /pol/, nuke /vrpg/ and then put /b/ out of its misery. /qa/ lost for this.
>>
File: collection.jpg (336 KB, 756x972)
336 KB
336 KB JPG
This thread is pure autism.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1.34 MB, 315x315)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB GIF
>>2653114
>Your need for schizo drama is alarming.
I'm not bumping threads.
>Here's a suggesting.
No -- here's YOUR suggestion:
>>
>>2653123
You'll fit right in.
>>
>>2653124
Make an R=U on thread on /vrpg/ right now and summon him. You know you want to.
>>
>make antagonistic thread about rebirth to mock others
>spend every minute of the next two days getting heated if anyone criticizes remake, lashing out at everyone, accusing everyone of being the same person or being a part of a discord raid sent here just to disagree with him personally, while telling everyone else to take meds
>now actively pleading with others to stop bumping the thread because of how badly its gone for him

Poor OP
>>
Hey I am interested is the game FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE, still a terrible port or are there some mods I could download to actually play it? I've never really played 7 and thought this would be a fun time.
>>
>>2653131
>schizo is now doing damage control and painting a new picture to cope
Holy based. Keep pretending to be new posters who just happen to be intensely interested in the shitposting here while the IP count remains the same. You're definitely not a schizo who's been sperging for days on end. Definitely not, it's the other guy. Always.
>>
>>2653136
How would you describe your contributions to this thread, anon?
>>2653131
You touched a nerve
>>
>>2653127
>Make an R=U on thread on /vrpg/ right now
I don't give levity to nonsense theories/themes that desperately try to give an otherwise mediocre game/media more depth or meaning than what's already there, like pic. related.
>>
>>2653141
Can you go 5 seconds without brofisting your own posts? It's sad.
>>
>>2653136
Did even a tiny morsel of self awareness flicker through your mind as you typed this or was it unable to penetrate the autism?
>>
>>2653153
Aware enough to know that it takes two to tango. Are you?
>>
>>2653154
I'm genuinely proud of you for at least admitting that much. I hope one of the guys you've actually been arguing with can do the same.
>>
>>2653158
There's at least 4 people going back and forth. You can continue to feign ignorance. That's your privilege on an anonymous imageboard. You know the truth, however, and that's enough.
>>
File: 1631210621992.png (1.16 MB, 800x600)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB PNG
While I don't like time fuckery stuff but if Nomura gives in to fans' demand and changes their development mid way, it would be the worst thing could possibly happen so I'd rather let them stick to their original plan whatever it is.
Eva Rebuild is case in point. A souless "remake" but it still have memoriable scenes and a strong message on top of it.
>>
>>2653205
Nojima's scripts were apparently finished years ago, so I doubt they change anything.
>>
>>2653208
Source?
You will provide none, and still insist you're right, but I thought I'd try asking anyway.
>>
>>2653153
>>2653154
>>2653158
>>2653158
>>2653162
>>
File: 1436060709106.jpg (20 KB, 320x320)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>2653123
Man I could really go for a Radiata Stories replay right now.
>>
If Sephiroth can go to any point in time and he wants to help out Cloud this time why didn't he just go back and give him a pep talk when he was a kid so he wouldn't be so messed up as he grew up
>>
>>2652795
>Nomura and his clown show team wanted to go off script, as he always does

Wrong, it was the complete opposite. Kitase was the one with the bonker ideas about 7R and even OG7. There were many insane things kitase wanted to put into the OG like half of your party member just dies in one scene for some random reason. Nomura was the one pushed against it and made sure that aerith was the one had to die. He was the one who made OG7 the OG7. There are many interviews regarding their development of OG7 pre and post 7R release. They were interesting and gives more deeper insight into their mindset why they did certain things the way they did.

I get it that you and many others doesn't like nomura because of his KH direction of anime stilted robot dialogue, but should this involvement of this 50+ year above dude ruin this game for you or anyone? Even if it does, nomura was only a 'director' in name only in 7R. The real person who did majority of the job was hamaguchi, the co-director. There's a reason why nomura stepped down into a creative director now, to let hamaguchi take the official position as the real director. I think you just don't like the game in and of itself and just putting on whatever's popular opinion to hate on it.
>>
>>2652795
anon I gotta tell you the only people who watch star wars are younger than 13 or older than 40, you have shit taste and it shows
>>
>>2650715
What kind of retard would think that? The last scene is them literally using Midgar as a metaphor for the original story and saying that they're now free to make anything happen.

Then again I guess the FF fanbase does have a bunch of retards who still claim Ramza died at the end of FFT.
>>
>>2652258
>They would need to rewrite to every single Genesis scene since he's by far the worst piece of garbage in the entire series,
you're delusional
dirge of cerberus exists
>>
>>2653523
A lot of people were under the impression that the ending meant nothing and that Nomura and Kitase said in interviews that nothing will change from the original. In short, people are fucking stupid.
>>
File: 7hcdoaF.jpg (141 KB, 1920x1080)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>2650715
If you played Stranger of Paradise then you already knew where this games story was going.
>>
>>2652385
I couldn't give any less fucks even if I tried.
That song is one of my favourites from CD1 and they ruined it.
Fuck you, and most importantly fuck them.
>>
>>2650752
>>2652115
Cloud/Tifa, Zack/Aerith seems to be the way to go.
Sephiroth is the odd man out.
>>
>>2653995
Actually it's Cloud/Tifa/Aerith and Jessie/Me

Zack has no problem finding another gf
>>
>>2653209
>Source?
>You will provide none
Well look at that.
People really will just spout any old shit won't they.
>>
>>2654078
Look at what? Why are you quoting yourself?
>>
>>2654086
No source was provided for that bullshit claim.
>>
>>2654092
>apparently
It's been stated on these shitty boards for years that Nojima finished 7R's script as early as 2015, and the recent leak suggests the sequel is finished as well. Fan demand isn't realistically going to alter the development of REMAKE's narrative. Happy with your (You) now or would you like to quote yourself some more to get your fill?
>>
>>2654095
>no source
By all means, reply again if you like. Maybe with a source? For a change?
>>
>>2654098
Never claimed to have one. This is word of mouth stuff that's been repeated on /v/ for years. So, you're making up doomer scenarios in your head and refuse to believe anything else unless you receive a direct source stating otherwise? Brilliant.
>>
>>2654104
>you're making up doomer scenarios in your head
lmao fucking what? Are you a schizo?
I haven't made up any scenarios, positive or negative.
You made a claim, I asked for a source, and you don't have one. So I don't believe it. That's it.

You seriously need to take your meds, you talk like everyone is out to get you and you're making wild assumptions about others thoughts and motives.

I just wanted a source for the claim, and assumed you wouldn't provide one AND insist you were still right. Guess what? I was spot on.

>no source
I guess we're done here. Keep spreading bullshit, maybe someone else will swallow it without question.
>>
>>2654114
>You made a claim, I asked for a source
I said "apparently," and then when I saw your response the next day I said it's word of mouth.
>You seriously need to take your meds, you talk like everyone is out to get you and you're making wild assumptions about others thoughts and motives.
What's this, another one of your imaginary scenarios? Projecting quite hard, dear anon.
> Keep spreading bullshit, maybe someone else will swallow it without question.
Not spreading anything, you're just autistic and can't have a regular conversation without having reactions like these.
>>
>>2653209
On the money
>>
>>2654118
>you're just autistic and can't have a regular conversation
How did you feel, typing these words?
>>
>>2654124
You can't type posts like you've been typing a claim otherwise. You were so eager to get a (You) that you bumped your own post before getting one. You can respond with nothing but aggression and insults, no matter how trivial or innocent the topic. Retrace your steps and reflect.
>>
>>2654125
I don't have autism, sorry. I know you do though.
Tonight when you go to sleep, you will be autistic. Tomorrow when you wake up, you will be autistic. You will be autistic every single day for the rest of your life, and that honestly sucks so fuckin bad for you. The best it gets for you is scoring incredibly petty "owns" on 4chan, owns you only get by setting up strawman and attacking them instead of what anyone has actually said. 10 years after this thread dies, you'll still be autistic, and life will be even worse.
I eagerly await your cope response about how mad I am, or whatever. But I'm not, I'm just reminding you of a hard truth. I see you've spent the entire thread dishing out smug little snarkposts to... everyone. I know "winning" the thread matters a lot to you. And no matter what anyone says you're going to leave the thread feeling you have pwned everyone.

This is as good as it gets, isn't it? Enjoy the "victory"

Just a heads up, the only way to win here is to either not reply, or to blow me the fuck out by saying you don't have autism. But we both know neither of those things are going to happen.
>>
>>2654143
This is the most autistic response in this thread, jesus. You really don't have any self-awareness. Just look at what triggered this.
>>
>>2654144
>didn't deny having autism
Enjoy the rest of your life, that's gotta suck. Still, at least you showed me, an anonymous poster on 4chan, huh? lmao
>>
>>2654147
No, anon. You continue "showing" yourself. You approach every conversation as a battle tha has to be won. This >>2653208 is what sparked your most recent outburst. You're clearly not mentally well, and your social ineptitude does show clear signs of autism.
>>
>>2654149
>You approach every conversation as a battle tha has to be won
I would love to see threadIDs turned on so we could take a look at all your posts in here
>>
>>2654151
I'd also welcome this, as it's clear you're pretending to be at least two people, who conveniently back one another up within 90 seconds in the same manner over and over again, but who never engage directly at the same time. That's not to say there aren't other posters involved.

That aside, you should seek to improve the way you interact with others. The direction this conversation took was completely unprovoked. >>2653208
>>
Is the pc port for ff7r still shit?
>>
>>2650860
But aren't you used to that by being here?
>>
>>2650858
>like the Wall Market/Oppressed People music is so bad it's an insult.
I had to take a listen since I haven't played that far into the remake. Safe to say. This fucking killed whatever motivation I have to continue. This is worse than the Time Jannies.
>>
Wait hold up. They're only doing three games for this remake? How in the holy hell are they going to do this? Forget finishing this, they're probably not going to reach the iconic Sephiroth stabs Aerith scene which may as well be a cliffhanger to end on until they feel like continuing again.
>>
>>2654394
ok now this is epic no cap
>>
>>2654394
anon you have shit taste and I'm glad you're getting filtered. wallow in the past and rot from your dusty momma's stale milk you degenerate
>>
>>2654413
>>2654471
Would you fags cool it? I'm trying to fit in!
>>
File: north cratern.jpg (56 KB, 697x440)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
Was Rufus mother a Cetra?
He can see the jannies
In ff7 he insulted Hojo
>>
Gillian works for Shinra
She raised Angeal
Angeal said his father had to work hard for the buster sword.
Didn't Gillian get any money from Shinra?
>>
File: FVlUh_0WUAE_w7m.jpg (69 KB, 828x456)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>2654540
>>
File: vfjbev.jpg (35 KB, 298x267)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>2653209
>>2654078
https://gprivate.com/5zlbb
https://www.gematsu.com/2015/12/final-fantasy-vii-remake-part-one-scenario-complete
>>
>>2654959
https://www-famitsu-com.translate.goog/news/201512/15095394.html?_x_tr_sl=ja&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc
>>
I feel sorry for Rufus
In a month he lost everything

> Father is murdered
> Sephiroth is alive
> Hojo's test subject is alive
> Ancient has fled
> He can't fire the annoying Heidegger
> Sector 7 is destroyed
> Tiny bronco was stolen
> Tseng was fatally wounded by Sephiroth
> Sephiroth summons a meteor to destroy the planet
> The highwind is stolen
> The huge materia is stolen by Eco terrorist
> The missile fails to destroy Meteor
> Midgar is attacked by WEAPON
>>
>>2650715
>were you one of the people who thought they would actually do a 180 and remain faithful to the original game in the sequel?
Who? They were so clear that this will be some sort of a sequel. How can you believe that shit after the ghost shenenigan
>>
>>2654976
He doesn't give a shit for half of that, less so his dad.
>>
>>2654976
He still gets to creampie Elena in the original timeline in AC so it's not all bad.
>>
>>2655423
Elena is for Tseng and Rufus only has a boner for power.
>>
>>2655432
Tseng has wanted to fuck Aerith since she was a little girl, and Rude wants Tifa. Reno and Elena end up as Rufus' fuck puppets.
>>
>>2655441
Tseng got Sephicucked out of Aerith so he will have to settle. Reno is the Turks' designated manwhore.
>>
>>2655442
Sephicucked Tseng into becoming a volcel. Sephicucked Cloud into not bruising that sweet Tifa cervix also. How based can one man be? SEPHIROTH DUN DU DU DU DU
>>
>>2655479
Cloudcucked out of Jenova tho.
>>
File: 1640388907316.png (118 KB, 263x287)
118 KB
118 KB PNG
I don't know why I keep making myself angry by following anything related to Remake and now this game. It's like I'm a masochist. The entire trailer irritated me. Oh well, they can never destroy the original I suppose, that's all that matters.
>>
>>2650754
I don't want it to be the exact same game. I want it to be a faithful recreation of the game with new paint: Brand new visuals, an updated battle system, maybe even some new events, but everything following the same overall story beats of the original. This is nothing like that. If I had known VIIR was a sequel I would have never even considered playing it at all, not even for free. I'm sick to death of Compilation bullshit, I really really wanted them to go back to the basics.
>>
>>2650910
Your opinion is that shit tastes good, it can be discarded on its face. By all means enjoy the sequel, I hear it will be just as smelly a turd as the first remake was!
>>
>>2655495
>projects his coprophilia onto others
>>
>>2654411
I honestly have no idea. To be honest I had no idea how they would finish it even before the first game came out since we were told right off the bat that it would only cover the areas around Midgar. There is no way to cover the basic plot of the original game in a trilogy with such a modest beginning. I can absolutely guarantee the second game is going to rush the plot and end when Aerith dies, undersell, and the third game will be rushed not just in plot but in quality and sell even less.
>>
>>2655502
Your shitty game looks like poopoo, I'm sorry I don't like it because I have standards :(
>>
>>2655506
>he doesn't know
ohnonono
>>
>>2650715
Post actual RPGs next time.
>>>/v/
>>>/trash/
>>
>>2655559
This forced meme is the dumbest post in this thread shit thread. Go make a make another Larian vs Owlcat thread or something, homofaggot.
>>
>>2655561
These fags are worse than the Falcomniggers.
>>
>>2655561
You must have actual brain damage if you think everything is a meme. Commit toaster bath you dumb nigger.

>>2655569
Stop being racist you dumb, buck-toothed, sand-eating, nigger.

Captcha: WEWAZ
>>
>>2655590
Keep telling yourself you're not a brainless meme spouting retard as you post NOT AN RPG in every thread on the board.
>>
File: 1655715399233.jpg (754 KB, 1080x2400)
754 KB
754 KB JPG
I'm so glad we have Nojima and not some literally whos who wrote the most boring MMO in ages.
>>
>>2655604
>Gamefaqs
That place is still alive?
>>
>>2655600
>everything that challenges my kike programmed mind is le meme
You're just an actual Reddit reject. What the fuck are you doing here, don't you have Funko pops to gape mouth at.
>>
>>2655862
Ah, yes, because this isn't an established shitposting pattern on this board. Neck yourself, drone.
>>
glad they rewriting that shit teir story, shit had more holes than sourdough. a dog could write better english. not like canon matters anyways since we didn't write it, writer can do whatever the fuck he wants. "fans" be damned
>>
>>2656205
ok jimbo
>>
Looks cool. Can't believe they're doing a crisis core remaster/remake/whatever. Also lmao at everyone who said Gackt was a problem or whatever.
>>
>>2656276
They should've just redesigned Genesis since they're redoing all the assets anyway. Attaching that jpop faggot to the project after his rape allegations is retarded.

I wonder if they'll keep the original ending in Crisis Core, or if they'll make it lead into the alternate timeline at the end of 7R. The last 10 minutes of the game is virtually the only good part to begin with, and changing the ending ruins it.
>>
>>2657073
>rape allegations
Unproven, but if it's true then BASED.
>>
>>2657085
Japan is hilarious. The guy who played a Yakuza villain who got caught doing coke was forced into retirement from acting.
>>
>>2657073
>I wonder if they'll keep the original ending in Crisis Core, or if they'll make it lead into the alternate timeline at the end of 7R.
I have a feeling they won't change it or it'll just be an alternate ending. It would seriously ruin the impact of Zack's death if they decided to change it. The reason I think they won't is because like I stated previously, Square's leading into the 2 different interpretations between Cloud and Zack to purposely fuck with newfags -- What is fact and what is fiction?
Not to mention Cloud questioning where he is.
If not that, then they could pull the rug from under everyone again like in Part 1 and pull a double whammy with something with even more mind fuckery, like we're shown that Zack "lives", but it was all through Cloud's perspective manifest and Zack is legit dead and we won't get that twist until Part 3.
I wouldn't want that really, but knowing modern Square, who knooooows~
>>
>>2657086
That's the whole of Asia. They would've done the same if they had something worth of a video game industry as Japan.
>>
What the fuck is wrong with the people on this board? You obsess over FF7 Remake and complain about how shit it is everyday. What causes this level of mind-break? If I didn’t like a game, I wouldn’t enter every fucking thread about it and complain about it 24/7.
>>
>>2657252
>someone makes thread about a bad game
>people reply to say it's bad
weird huh
how come every 4chan thread isn't just positive posts?
>>
>>2657301
>bad game
subjective
>>
>>2657313
You have severe autism, objectively
>>
>>2657252
Shitposters crave attention.
>>
>>2657348
I have suck my teeth and heels in and replied to anyone who will respond to my posts until they leave again. I will give yous as long as I keep getting them. As long as they keep replying I'm happy. When they stop I assume I've won, not that they're fed up with trying to reason with me.
>>
>>2657354
>i will not take my meds
>>
>>2657361
Thank you for the (you)
May I have another?
Part of my mental problem is I NEED to get the last word in, long after any semblance of a point has evaporated.
>>
>>2657368
I'll help you get through the day, schizzy.
>>
>>2657376
Oh thank goodness, someone just like me
>>
guess i'll just ask here, what version of ff7 should i play? emulate the psx version or get the remake?
>>
>>2657512
PC version of the OG with the New Threat QoL/new translations only patch. 7R is an alternate timeline sequel.
>>
>>2657522
>New Threat
>Type B scenario
better remake than the official remake
>>
>>2657512
Just emulate the original game and have fun. Ignore the New Threat mod shill. Don't play a modded version with shitty fanfic additions before you've played the original game.
>>
>>2657539
>New Threat QoL/new translation only patch
Doesn't add anything to the game or change balance.
>>
>>2657545
They finally added the option to turn off the garbage additions? Nice, tell your boss he's welcome to shill here anytime
>>
>>2657548
It's been a separate patch for years.
>>
>>2657550
Sorry I didn't have the press release. You guys need to work harder if there are still people who aren't aware of the news. Triple those shillposts, son.
>>
>>2657557
Making uneducated shitposts is the norm for attention seeking schizos.
>>
>>2657301
>>2657354
Based Jimbo BACK at it again with the poor falseflag attempts!
>>
>>2650752
>>2652115
Cloud/Yuffie or bust.
>>
>>2652522
This is true. Sephiroth pays attention to Cloud during the OG, even outright taunting him during the moment Cloud recalls Zack. He pays absolutely no mind, however, to the hooded Reunion victims.

Sephiroth has a simmering grudge against Cloud and likes messing with him. A lot of his appearance in 7R felt a lot like that, put in so Sephiroth fans wouldn't scream that he had no screentime in Part 1, the last boss notwithstanding.
>>
>>2657751
He really doesn't. The only notable thing is that Cloud can get him what he wants, while the others can't. When he gets what he wants from Cloud, you don't see or hear from him again until the last 5 minutes of the game because he got what he wanted out of him and didn't care for revenge or torment beyond what was needed. The overly emotional, homoerotic Sephiroth is a Compilation thing. This is all retroactive projection that spawned when that gay movie became a thing.
>>
>>2658602
u talkin about dat bussy
>>
What is Sephiroth's end game?
>>
>>2658604
bussy is based
>>
>>2652514
>>2652470
>>2652425
I never understood why people think FF8 is convoluted. It's a pretty straight forward story.

It's only "convoluted" if you listen to the people making up stupid fanfiction because they think its an interesting idea, when its not. Like that stupid R=U or Squall is dead shit.

Anyone who says otherwise are probably the same dumbasses who think the junction system is complicated lol
>>
>>2658696
It is convoluted, but not hard to understand if you have a working brain. Half the people who play it don't see the memory loss coming, 90% of them think the orphanage reunion is random.
>>
>>2658717
The memory loss is talked about pretty early on but shrugged off as just a rumour. The orphanage shared background is lame, a poor 'twist', and adds nothing to the story, but its hardly random. Both people who owned the orphanage were also both people who created the SeeD and set them up. Of course they would bring the kids they were looking after to the Garden when they abandon the orphanage. Also, why wouldn't Cid, who was married to Edea when she was Matron, put the kids he looked after at the orphanage on the same team? He doesn't know they forgot about it and likely thought childhood friends would work together better than strangers. If Seifer didn't fail his exam, then he likely would have been placed in their team too.
>>
>>2658725
>He doesn't know they forgot about it and likely thought childhood friends would work together better than strangers
No. Cid knows about the memory loss, and it's not actually very important to the story. It's just the price of power he's willing to let Squall pay to be strong enough to fight Ultimecia. Cid and Edea know about Squall's role in saving the world in the future. All the children in his inner circle were reunited by design, down to Selphie having to transfer to Balamb to graduate, Quistis getting demoted and Irvine being designated the group's sniper by Martine at Cid's request. Seifer was always an asshat bully and was excluded. Edea says she waited for the day to come when she becomes herself again, which is the point in the story the player should know that the whole thing was planned.
>>
The FF8 orphanage twist is kind of weird since it doesn't exactly add much but I don't think it detracts from the story either
>>
>>2658771
Irvine hints at it since his introduction so it's not totally out of the blue.
>>
>>2658757
He knows the GF's can cause memory loss, as it isn't secret information or anything, but he doesn't know that Squall and gang don't remember each other. He would actually have to talk to them about it to find out, which he doesn't. Then, if he did, they would be reminded of it sooner and it wouldn't have been that 'twist' reveal when Irvine talks about it.

>Edea says she waited for the day to come when she becomes herself again, which is the point in the story the player should know that the whole thing was planned.

You are over complicating things for no reason. She was literally being mind controlled while only being able to watch her body used like a puppet. Anyone in her position would have been waiting to become themselves again. It's a relief to not be controlled, not some stupid convoluted secret plan.
>>
File: 1642340930750.png (7 KB, 642x97)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>2658823
She's not saying she's waited to be free. She's saying she's waited for the day her children would come to kill her because their reunion was always planned. Keep in mind that she hasn't talked to Cid in a decade.
>>
>>2658830
>just coming out of a decade of mind control so her thoughts and emotions are a bit jumbled
>seeing the kids she raised in front of her all grown up
>surprised that the children she once looked after are now strong enough to defeat a powerful sorceress.
>hated being controlled by an evil sorceress, was hoping to be stopped and possibly freed, feared the only way she could be stopped is to be killed.
>wonders if the evil sorceress has been stopped or not
>remembers that before she got taken over she entrusted people to protect Ellone because she knew that Ultimicia wanted her for some reason. Asks if getting them to protect her worked.

She never knew it would be them who would do it, that's why she was surprised they became so strong. You should take the texts more literal rather than trying to find secret meanings behind vague interpretations.
>>
How come when Squall's entire life is planned out for him in advance with no free will so he closes a time loop it's all hunky dory but when Cloud gets told to follow the plot he kills the concept of fate and everyone calls him a big hero
>>
>>2658849
>just coming out of a decade of mind control so her thoughts and emotions are a bit jumbled
Not even close. Edea was in hiding with Ellone for nearly 12 years before she was possessed by Ultimecia. She doesn't get possessed until shortly before FF8 begins. White SeeD are the rest of the children from her orphanage trained to protect her and Ellone in general.
>surprised that the children she once looked after are now strong enough to defeat a powerful sorceress.
Not surprised at all. Garden and SeeD exist specifically to train them to kill the future sorceress/Ultimecia. She's proud of them.
>wonders if the evil sorceress has been stopped or not
No. In the next scene she explains who Ultimecia is and what her goals are.

The reunion was planned. Squall and his friends were trained and reunited as intended to defeat Ultimecia. How they end up together again by Cid's design has been outlined above. I think you just want to argue for the sake of arguing, but you're just showing more and more with each post that you don't really understand these plot points. It's fine. It's a convoluted game.
>>
>>2658881
It was never stated when exactly she became possessed, but she stopped talking with Cid around the same time. The white SeeD only mention being tasked with protecting Ellone, not Edea as well. Though they were the first SeeD which the others were based on. It would make no sense for Edea to stay next to the one person she doesn't want Ultimicia to get the most for 12 years while she struggles to not be mind controlled.

If she hadn't contacted Cid in a decade, how could she know the orphanage kids were training in Garden or ever became SeeD?? they could have easily been untalented and never made SeeD, or just been uninterested and quit. Even if you wanted to make the stretch and say she somehow knew time loop future Squall was the same kid she knew (which is unlikely) that only confirms him alone succeeding. Really though, she is probably both surprised and proud to some extent.

Just because she explains who Ultimicia is, doesn't mean she can't wonder, even briefly, if she had been stopped after waking up from being controlled.

Them being put on the same team was planned by Cid, yes, but they never were expected to be the "chosen ones" to defeat Ultimicia.(or rather all SeeD are trained for that reason, not just a specific group) They just coincidently ended up being the ones in the right place at the right time. Literally ALL of squalls companions could have been replaced with other SeeD members and the story would have turned out the exact same minus the orphanage twist and the visit to Trabia garden ruins. As long as they were at least as skilled as some new recruits and a failed professor, which shouldn't be hard for veteran SeeD.

The reunion wasn't planned, it was a coincidence. Well, the original failed assassination was planned but not a decade in advance. Why would Cid send a bunch of amateurs to assassinate the sorceress instead of the veterans? he likely thought it apt. If she is to die, better for it by loved ones than strangers.
>>
>>2658919
No, it most certainly is not a coincidence. Edea recognizes adult Squall as the child in her orphanage. The friends in his circle are trained and reunited in case they played a role in it. Very specific circumstances manipulated by Cid leads to them being reunited, and he's fully aware that they suffer from severe memory loss and doesn't enlighten them as to their previous friendship or relation to Edea. Both he and NORG cover it up because the power it gives them is too important. SeeD exists solely as an organization to prepare Squall and co to fight Ultimecia. This is why Cid hands over complete control of SeeD and Balamb Garden to Squall.

>If she hadn't contacted Cid in a decade, how could she know the orphanage kids were training in Garden or ever became SeeD?
That's the point. It's been 12 years since they put their plans into motion and went their separate ways. She knew all along, as she points out the moment she's herself again and sees Squall's group She even specifically names all 5 children, including the 2 who aren't in your party during the assault on Galbadia Garden, because she knows. Whatever contrivances lead to all of them ending up in military academies are irrelevant. We can speculate that Cid had stipulations about their education when they were put up for adoption, but it doesn't matter, because it was written to be planned from the start.
>>
Isn't this the FF7 thread? Go make a new one for your crackpot headcanons.
>>
>>2658945
7R is crackpot headcanon, the FF8 discussion is actually what happens in the game.
>>
>>2658944
> SeeD exists solely as an organization to prepare Squall and co to fight Ultimecia.
This makes no sense. If it was true then there would be zero reason to create SeeD at all. Just spend all that budget and investment on hyper training squall and co. Buy them the best weapons, GF's and magic to junction etc.

>She even specifically names all 5 children, including the 2 who aren't in your party during the assault
She names all the ones present in front of her. People being in reserve is irrelevant to cannon if you can swap them out any time before entering the boss battle, and cannon-wise should assume all possible party members are with you and fight at the same time. (since logically it make no sense that half your team would stand around sweet fuck all while you fight dangerous enemies)

>The friends in his circle are trained and reunited in case they played a role in it.
which as I was saying, could have been anyone. There was likely dozens more orphans the kids made friends with that the game didn't show, both older and younger and likely the same age too. The white SeeD were one of the older generations of orphans.
>>
>>2658944
>>2660027

>This is why Cid hands over complete control of SeeD and Balamb Garden to Squall.
Nah, Squall is just the best/most popular SeeD they have and has recently proven his ability. He is equivalent to the popular aloof boy in high school anime that is both the ace soccer player and has the best scores in class. Not to mention aparently being the pretty much the hottest dude in school. He was practically already a celebrity in the Garden before the game began, considering how worked up Zell was meeting him for the first time. Add all this to how Squall just saved everyone in the garden twice (the missles and the garden master faction bs where he also almost single handedly wiped the floor with half the enitre student population) and everyone would be practically worshiping him. Then take Cid's situation into consideration of being the focal point of the recent rebellion, a bunch of students wouldn't be too happy with him. Squall was just the best man for the job.
>>
>>2658947
Says no one with any form of sanity.
>>
>>2660027
>This makes no sense.
It makes perfect sense. The issue is that you don't understand FF8 but want to be right anyway.
>She names all the ones present in front of her.
She first names the ones in your party, then the ones who aren't.
>could have been anyone
No. Squall, Zell, Selphie, Quistis and Irvine are the ones in the group of friends. SeeD exists solely to prepare Squall and co to fight Ultimecia. White SeeD exists solely to protect Edea and Ellone.

All I can tell you is to take your omega 3 and replay the game, because this discussion can't continue when one party has woefully inadequate knowledge.
>>2658881
>I think you just want to argue for the sake of arguing, but you're just showing more and more with each post that you don't really understand these plot points.
>>
>>2650866
Jokes on you I still haven't beaten the original and won't play the remake until I do.

>>2650890
One pieces are patrician.
>>
File: 1484197602921.jpg (10 KB, 317x267)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
I'll spend the rest of my life laughing over all the retards that begged for a needless remake of their overrated nostalgia wank game only to seethe when they actually do something different with it instead of giving them the masturbatory 1:1 remake they were unrealistically clamoring for.
>>
>>2660239
This is why I hope the next parts are even worse. Lets see how shit this can get.
>1:1 purists going nuclear
>fanboys eating shit and saying they love it no matter what
Lets crash this IP with no survivors, laughing all the way down
>>
>>2660336
It's not even bad. If you play it at face value instead of with nostalgia brainrot the game is a fairly good modern JRPG.
>>
>>2660808
>>fanboys eating shit and saying they love it no matter what
Thank you for being the perfect example. I'm laughing now.
>>
>>2650715
Do Japanese people love SE's storytelling or something? They almost universaly get bad feedback on their narratives from Nomura so why haven't they changed anything??
>>
>>2650715
stfu. looks awesome. fuckin boomers.
FF7 was trash on PS1 - The disgusting and disfigured 'Chibi style' while moving around was the worst shit i have ever seen.
Glad this game in finally 'payable'.
Only low IQ people with half a brain like the original FF7. lmao
Trash Story and trash 'graphics'.
Glad FF8 got his shit together back than.
>>
>>2650715
Who cares. The original was overrated trash anyways.
>>
>>2660239
>>2660336
>>2660849
Jimbo seethe! Jimbo seethe!
>>
>>2651347
Wtf I had Blood Omen and never finished it because it didn't jive with me then, and I ignored the series after that. The writing was actually good, the voice acting good... why did I not know of this before?

DOES THE COIN LAND ON THE EDGE? TELL ME WHAT HAPPENS ANON!
>>
>>2651340
I can see your point, but I don't know which would ultimately come across better. As graphics improve this issue is going to be touched upon often, but I think the general idea is that you still want to remember it's a FANTASY world and not real life.

You WANT your perfect protags (or almost perfect) and characters that stand out more flashy and stylish, otherwise it stops being anime and becomes something other.

It's a line that is getting increasingly blurred, and inevitably some will fall on one side of it, some the other.

I don't mind what they did graphically, but I hate that the remake (and all those coming, it seems) are just going to be Devil May Cry hack/slash copies. It's not an Action RPG with a vastly different narrative and feel. It's not a remake, it's an alternate, and that's why people are so divided.

But yeah, original point, graphics - meh, keep them pretty. Because I said so and my opinion is GOAT, ofc.
>>
>>2660878
children are meant to be seen and not heard
>>
>>2660917
>I'm going to lol at purists!
>me too, but I will also be laughing at fanboys
>n-no! only purists! NO DON'T MAKE FUN OF ME AAAHHH JIMBO JIMBO
Get new material
>>
File: def.jpg (118 KB, 480x360)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>2660962
>Get new material
You should.
https://arch.b4k.co/v/search/text/I%20want%20them%20to%20find%20a%20way%20to%20make%20the%20plot%20even%20worse./
>>
>>2661009
>I'm gonna laugh at purists and fanboys
>ur jimbo, UR JIMBO!!!
This overreaction tells me you're one of the fanboys I mentioned. Word to the wise, if you want to be this smug >>2660239 you probably shouldn't be so sensitive yourself.
>>
>>2661014
>you probably shouldn't be so sensitive yourself.
KEK
Says the guy getting uppity over being caught using the same seething doomposting. Take your own advice and get new material.
>>
>>2661028
My post wasn't original enough for you? All I did was agree with you but add that I'll be laughing at the fanboys too. You're the one who got upset kiddo, and then the jimboposting begins. Try medication, it might help.
>>
>>2661030
>He doesn't even pretend to hide it is him
KEK
>>
>>2661035
Why bother? I'm not, but I also know there's no reasoning with an obsessed sperg when they're upset
>>
File: 1647719947320.jpg (18 KB, 273x249)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>2661079
>>He doesn't even pretend to hide it is him
>Why bother? I'm not
KEK When you feel the need to flaunt your arrogance on any given day.

>but I also know there's no reasoning with an obsessed sperg when they're upset
Yet you keep biting and keep up with the clap-backs. Any other person would've ignore and move on from the accusation.
>>
>>2661096
>Any other person would've ignore and move on from the accusation.
Okay, you're him. Now reply and prove it.
>>
>>2661105
>>Any other person would've ignore and move on from the accusation.
>Okay, you're him. Now reply and prove it.
>Resorting to playground tactics
That's not how this works, Jimbo.
>>
>>2661110
Genuinely starting to think you are him because this is his textbook "hehe ur mad" arrogant attention seeking (while also deflecting) shitposting style.
>>
>>2661111
So now you're doubling down on being the one who's made the posts about wanting to make the plot worse.
>>
>>2661116
>admitting that's what you're upset about
See >>2661014
We're done here, keep screaming into the darkness. >>2661030
>>
>>2661118
>Tries to redirect the finger pointing towards the accuser
>Doubles down, admits he's the guy who he's being accused of
>We're done here
As long as Remake is still in the public eye you'll keep broadcasting your same bemoanings. This bye bitch tactic of yours is stale.
>>
>>2661143
Give me one more (you) Jimbo. I know you can't resist as long as you're getting the attention you crave. You are physically and mentally unable to not respond to this message.
>>
>>2661118
>>2661167
>We're done here, keep screaming into the darkness.
>GET THE FUCK BACK HERE FAGGOT I'M NOT DONE WITH YOU!
And I'm the one being told to take my meds.
>>
>>2661183
It would have been so easy to prove me wrong, Jimbo. But you couldn't help it. You'll reply to this one too, but that's all from me, I think my point has been proven. Please consider professional help.
>>
>>2661199
You bring shame upon your family and people break out in cold sweat when you touch them. Dogs bark when you pass because of how disgusting and unclean you are.
>>
>>2661199
>Twice says he's done
>Comes back asking for more
>my point has been proven.
You haven't proved a damn thing.
>>
Based schizos.
>>
>enter thread as THE JOKER
>announce plans to LAUGH at purists
>someone agrees but adds they will also be laughing at fanboys
>have a completely schizophrenic breakdown
Dudes like >>2660239 always turn out to be the most unhinged and easily upset no matter how many smug reaction images they use.
>>
Ff7 wasn’t even that good to begin with, it was just your first jrpg.
>>
>>2662045
True. But that still doesn't make Remake good.
>>
>>2662039
please stop talking about the joker
>>
File: Spoiler Image (58 KB, 594x638)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>2662050
Only boogeymen would complain about others bringing up boogeymen.
>>
>>2662039
It's you flaseflagging, Jimbo.
You gave yourself away in >>2660336 quoting an excerpt from one of your pastas you use so much. You're not clever.
>>
>>2660239
>posting this but then ends up malding for a day and a half because someone agreed with you too much
>>
>>2662236
>Keeps acting Tsundere
If you want to get fucked in the ass so badly just say it. No need to keep going in and out heh the door.
>>
>>2661200
>>2662266
very sane posts from a guy who is definitely not autistic
>>
>>2662425
The guy you are replying to has admitted to having autism several times, so I don't think that insult is going to work.
>>
>>2660336
>Lets crash this IP with no survivors, laughing all the way down
>Being this blatant
The level of maturity radiating behind this seethe. Sarcasm be damned.
>>
>>2662472
how many times are you going to tell us that that post really annoyed you? it's been almost 2 days. I don't think I've ever thought about a 4chan post for longer than an hour.
>>
>>2662477
see >>2662429
>>
>>2662479
You do realize that the guy you think "admitted to having autism" is someone else entirely, right? I'm OP and argued with one of you schizos days ago. You're having a shared melty with someone else, and I'm not at all surprised. This was my last post. >>2654154 Take your meds, all of you.
>>
>>2662488
Oh, my mistake. That other anon admitted to being autistic. You were the one who didn't didn't want to admit it, but were honest enough to not deny it.
>>
>>2662497
I see you don't deny being a schizo. Will you ever take your meds?
>>
>>2662502
Who are you accusing me of being? I'm just saying the reactionimage anon has previously said, several times, that they're autistic. You are the poster in this thread who were accused of it repeatedly and never denied it. And that seems to be what's happening again now.

For the record I don't care. I don't come to 4chan and NOT expect autistic people. And I do appreciate him being honest and you (almost) being honest about it.
>>
>>2662510
I'm accusing you of being one of several schizos who hasn't take hir meds. 450+ posts of this shit.
>>
>>2662520
Okay, sure, I'm a schizo. Are you autistic?
>>
>>2662525
I'm sure you're both. How many days have you been going back and forth with this other sperg at this point? Meds. Take them.
>>
>>2662527
I haven't been going back and forth with anyone. Nobody here seems to be discussing anything, it's just petty sniping. What's the point? Thanks for not denying you're autistic though. I hope it doesn't make life too unpleasant for you.
>>
>>2662535
Sure you have. You were doing the same thing before I left the thread for a few day, and you're still here doing it now. Thanks for not denying you're both schizophrenic and autistic, though. I hope it doesn't make life too unpleasant for you.
>>
>>2662538
I'm sorry, I lied before. I'm not schizophrenic, nor am I autistic. I can tell having your autism brought up is a touchy subject for you, so I won't mention it again.
>you're still here doing it now
But I wasn't. But you are, are you not?
>>
>>2662542
Sure you were. You're the guy who constantly brought up autism and the fact that the people you accused didn't deny having it when you did. You're still here doing the exact same thing, arguing with some schizo. I must say, I only glanced at the new posts since I left. Are you the guy constantly calling someone Jimbo, or the guy being called Jimbo?
>>
>>2662546
I'm not the one who brought up autism before, I'm just mentioning it. But I said I wouldn't talk about your autism anymore because I can tell you don't want to talk about it.
I'm not calling anyone Jimbo, and nobody has called me Jimbo yet.
What are we actually talking about? I'm probably going to go if we're just going in circles.
>>
>>2662554
Oh, look. Here you are >>2651645 thanking someone for not denying they have autism! Oh, and look. >>2651659 Here you're doing it again, forgetting to switch back to your primary posting style while pretending to be two different people! Oh dear, here you are again >>2654147 talking about how unfortunate it must be to live with these mental illnesses!

This is what happens when you have the short term retention of a goldfish. Just a few posts to go now, schizo, and you're free to pretend this never happened before you stumble into another thread and embarrass yourself in the same way. Again. And again. It's just who you are.
>>
>>2662559
But those are the posts I was referring to. You think I just conjured that point out of thin air? Yes, others said you have autism, and you were kind enough to not lie about not having it. I can tell those posts have upset you, since you're still angry at them a few days later, so I apologise for bringing them up.
I will say though, if you want to accuse others of schizophrenia, maybe try do it when not angrily pointing at every post you don't like and declaring they're all the same person. Everyone is not out to get you.
Not sure what the point of this exchange is at this point, so I'm off. Good luck with everything.
>>
>>2662472
It's a game to him for the conniving little prick that he is.

He goes as far to pretend to be other anons who pissed him off, doubly so people pointing fingers at him, in a vain attempt to make them look bad and to them riled up, as per his own words >>2659386
https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/603190925/#q603245553

There was a post in a relatively tame Remake thread doing just that, which was seemed odd.
https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/602665843/#q602670528

Lo and behold, come to find out a post from a week prior
https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/601749943/#q601757919
is the one he aped off of.
>>
>>2662564
Yes, you be off. You've embarrassed yourself enough for one week. Don't think you're fooling anyone with these weak attempts at denial. You know who you are and what your role has been in this thread. You know you need medication, just as well as you know you'll never take your meds.
>>
>>2662572
>>2662565
You're also off your meds.
>>
>>2662577
see >>2662577
>>
File: Spoiler Image (8 KB, 274x200)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>2662581
Lol I meant to link to >>2662199
but it works both ways too.
Guess you could say the boogeyman's got you a little "spooked".
>>
>>2662589
see >>2662577
>>
>>2662601
see >>2662601
>>
>two schizos get caught in a feedback loop
Do you retards come here to talk about games or to gather material to talk about during therapy?
>>
>>2662615
Eyes on (You)
>>
>>2662617
If people wanted to talk about the game they gladly would while ignoring the callouts. It's just me and him as well him sockpuppeting with himself when I'm not here at this point. /vrpg/'s an off-shoot board for him to vent in while he's banned over on /v/ and /vg/.
>>
>>2662629
If it's just you and me, then you've been talking to yourself for like 3 days straight while I was away, because there was a severely schizophrenic and autistic argument going on until I returned to feed you (You)s, haha... Do you just forget your other personalities?
>>
>>2662630
>Reinfag is just here to stir up shit
Can you slimy fucks just stick to bumping your Discord threads?
>>
>>2662644
No___
>>
Only faggots are arguing about how much the Remake is deviating from the original.

Patricians are wondering if Cloud will be able to cuck Zack or not when Aerith inevitably survives.
>>
File: Link the perv.jpg (141 KB, 688x685)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>2662646
The guy you've been arguing at the start of >>2662488 is Jimbo.

The reactionfag poking him is me who he's trying to pin >>2660239 on being me as well.

I didn't enter the thread until >>2653088 with my final post being >>2657091 until he started falseflagging and responding to himself with >>2660239 and >>2660336
to get people to stop talking about FF8.

I mistook both of you with >>2662572 during that exchange as you being a sockpuppet, since the smug, ill-mannered smarminess of both your posts as well as the passive-aggressive bye bitch tactic is the typical way he responds to people.

He tried to get me to bite at the supposed admittance of autism accusation as to take the heat off himself and argue about something else which you took instead like the retarded Discord tourists you are, desu senpai.

Have some ToCS OC I made a while back.
>>
>>2662733
You're the most schizophrenic individual in this thread. There is no "Jimbo." You're having a melty for no reason. Stay off the internet for a few days.
>>
>>2662741
Fanning ignorance over the facts presented is more suspicious than the one posting them. Again: Only boogeymen would complain about others bringing up boogeymen.
>>
>>2662741
>>2662752
And for the record, I wouldn't be saging all my posts if I wanted to have more people see the thread and all its chaos. Hypocrites that bemoan about the autists and schizos as if they want them gone are part of the problem, always respond to them whist bumping the threads for more retards see and jump in.

Maybe not so much on this passing fad of a board, but for sure on /v/.
>>
>>2662733
Imagine how a sane person feels reading this post
>>
>>2662732
Cloud gets killed instead of Aerith so she summons Zack from the universe he survived in to be the protagonist
>>
>>2662752
>>2662774
You're the boogeyman. Every thread where someone shouts "Jimbo," it's you. You have no self-awareness, deranged-kun.
>>
>>2663231
this isn't the first remake thread where the entire discussion became this guy screaming about boogeymen, while repeating "only the boogeyman would reply to my post about boogeymen" while also complaining about boogeymen ruining the thread. he's either an incredibly dedicated troll who is ruining threads intentionally, or his really has zero self awareness and floods threads with exactly the kind of shit he's apparently trying to protect us from. either way I wish he'd shut the fuck up already.
>>
>>2650877
>having conversations with himself
Meds now
>>
>>2650715
Why would anybody be interested in this after playing the utterly fuckfest crap that was Remake ? I mean okay, the battle system has its momen against boss fights, but that really was the only good thing the game has to offer.
>>
>>2663257
I wish we got 3 new numbered FF titles using this combat system and iterating on it until it's perfect instead of the remake series
>>
>>2663257
Most people really enjoyed 7R. It's the best single-player FF since 12, maybe even 10.
>>
>>2663237
I've seen this fag bring up this Jimbo of his in multiple threads this week, and each time the thread go down the shitter. Definitely should neck himself.
>>
>>2663272
>FF17 - 19
You'd have to wait until 2038 in that case.
>>
>>2663310
12 was fucking boring garbage
>>
>>2663231
>>2663237
>>2663339
>>
>>2663502
>sockpuppet
>jimbo
Take your meds, schizo.
>>
>>2663237
>>2663339
>Conveniently leave out all the pasta being spammed in Remake threads
GEE.

I WONDER WHY ANONS WOULD DO THAT IF THEY'VE BEEN IN THOSE THREADS SAYING THE GUY JUST MENTIONING THIS JIMBO IS THE PROBLEM.

BOY, DO I WONDER...
>>
>>2663558
https://arch.b4k.co/vrpg/search/text/%22jimbo%22/
Meds.
>>
>>2663561
see >>2663558 and
https://arch.b4k.co/_/search/boards/vg.vrpg/text/I%20want%20them%20to%20find%20a%20way%20to%20make%20the%20plot%20even%20worse.%20Retards/

and

https://arch.b4k.co/v/search/text/I%20want%20them%20to%20find%20a%20way%20to%20make%20the%20plot%20even%20worse.%20Retards/
>>
>>2663574
>he's a schizo not me
Meds.
>>
>>2663561
>Those quotation marks in the fucking search bar
He's here~
>>
>>2663599
>he doesn't know how the archive search works
Meds, schizo.
>>
>>2663583
Any evidence to back up the
>repeating "only the boogeyman would reply to my post about boogeymen"
claim from >>2663237
>>
>>2663606
You've been at this shit for 2 years according to the archives. Take. Your. Meds. Schizo.
>>
>>2663606
Oh wait excuse me -- with the added
>this isn't the first remake thread where the entire discussion became this guy screaming about boogeymen, while repeating "only the boogeyman would reply to my post about boogeymen"
Just so you won't try to weasel your way out of this.
>>
>>2663608
S'not me. I only discovered this a few months ago. Got an archive link of this repeated "repeating only the boogeyman would reply to my post about boogeymen" in several threads?
>>
>>2663617
You're not fooling anyone. You've been at this for years. No one else is this obsessed with this redditor of yours. Take your meds, schizo. When I see mentions of "Jimbo" from now on, I'll know it's Jimboschizo chasing his imaginary boogeyman.
>>
Fuck this thread.
>>
>>2663623
>No one else is this obsessed with this redditor of yours.
He never mentioned anything about Jimbo being from Reddit in here...
>>
>>2663623
>No one else is this obsessed with this redditor of yours
Never said he was from Reddit, faggot. Someone's getting antsy.
>>
File: 1637022197002.png (94 KB, 1230x485)
94 KB
94 KB PNG
>>2663633
>>2663635
First page of the linked archives, schizos. There's a bunch of screenshots of this sperg bringing his redditor boogeyman with him to /vrpg/. Been at it since August 2020. Take. Your. meds.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (811 KB, 1440x850)
811 KB
811 KB JPG
>>2663639
>Doesn't want to talk about schizoshit
>Keeps bringing up said schizoshit
Anyways, I did some cross referencing with one of the quotes in the various pics. linked in your pic via the account that's shown.

The earliest one was posted on Reddit, then several hours later pasta'd on /v/.

If that's the case, then most if not all of what was posted on Reddit would be there first then pasta'd on /v/.
>>
File: Un.jpg (747 KB, 1440x858)
747 KB
747 KB JPG
>>2663639
>>2663691
Sure enough, the 2nd one shows up on Reddit, then on /v/.
>>
File: Uni.jpg (1.05 MB, 1411x1105)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB JPG
>>2663639
This 3rd one showed up on /v/ first, then Reddit, though that doesn't mean it's him because the Nojima part highlighted in green shows up first. Plus it's quoting an interview, which any and everyone does.

However, the meme arrow usage on Reddit prior to the interview post on Reddit is a cause of concern.

He uses it like how you would on 4chan.
The bracket arrow isn't 4chan exclusive since it's been a method to list/structure posts, but the usage of it is suspicious that I wouldn't rule out the possibility he's been on or knows how 4chan works. Either way, next pasta.
>>
>>2650715
I actually do like the idea of Cloud being EXTRA mindfucked because unlike OG FFVII where he just had to deal with his past, he now also has to deal with his "future visions" as well and if Cloud can't differentiate what's past and what's future, then depending on how it's handled it can be quite excellent.
>>
File: Unit.jpg (1.22 MB, 1733x1130)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB JPG
>>2663639
This is getting a little redundant now.
Going to skip ahead until there's one that shows up on /v/ first if at all.
>>
File: yikes.jpg (852 KB, 1691x685)
852 KB
852 KB JPG
>>2663639
KEK
Just thought I'd share this.
Wonder why Jimbo stopped posting after mentioning his Reddit account.
>>
>>2664008
I doubt your Jimbo has posted in this thread once. I think someone has found an easy way to trigger your meltdowns by posting year old pastas at random.
>>
>having a melty about pastas even when they aren't being posted in the thread
>flooding the thread with those same pastas during a tirade about the pastas
How does anyone let themselves become this mind broken? Thanks for protecting us from this evil jimbo guy by ruining every remake thread by reposting everything he's ever said on any website, I'm sure he hates that
>>
>>2664028
>t. jimbo
>>
File: tp.jpg (167 KB, 1741x184)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
>>2664019
>>2664028
>>
File: vekl.jpg (1.35 MB, 1920x1200)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB JPG
>>2664019
>I doubt your Jimbo has posted in this thread once.
Funny you should mention that.

Pic. related lines up with
>>2661009
with
>>2660336 for the slight plagiarism he pulls with his posts.
>>
File: vekl.png (698 KB, 1920x1200)
698 KB
698 KB PNG
>>2664079
A bit hard to see. So here's a PNG.
>>
>>2664072
Yes, I can see that you've been going after this Jimbo of yours for several years now. How many more threads will you destroy with your schizophrenic crusade?
>>
File: l.jpg (37 KB, 902x173)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>2664088
>>
This is why you ignore schizos instead of giving them attention. It's been like 300 posts since someone discussed FF7R.
>>
File: 1600812856961.png (808 KB, 1514x1052)
808 KB
808 KB PNG
>>2664019
>I think someone has found an easy way to trigger your meltdowns by posting year old pastas at random.
See >>2664096

Also, mind explaining pic related?
I found it when looking through the archives based on the collage in the pic. anon linked as well as the claim. https://arch.b4k.co/vrpg/thread/671924/#q674585

If you're to keep fain ignorance about none of what's been posted saying they don't line up then you're the shitposter.

>>2664028
>Anon posts pic with pics. of the Reddit account /w the pastas
>>flooding the thread with those same pastas during a tirade about the pastas
>Resorting to playground tactics again
Again, not how this works.
>>
File: Sephicup.png (206 KB, 352x639)
206 KB
206 KB PNG
>>2663602
>Implying the results are different with or without them
Ok, retard.
>>
File: numbers NUMBERS.jpg (374 KB, 1739x998)
374 KB
374 KB JPG
>>2664097
>It's been like 300 posts since someone discussed FF7R.
You sure do like using numbers, Jimbo, whist saying you don't want to talk about yourself.
>>
File: ybtr.jpg (99 KB, 1776x338)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
Hey, this sounds a lot like what he's doing now.
>>2663237
>>2663339
>>2663608
>>2663623
>>2664088
>>2664019
>>2664028
>>
File: clvr.png (109 KB, 287x360)
109 KB
109 KB PNG
>>2663237
Fun little observation: Removing the quoted part, the zero self-awareness line and the last sentence in that post and it comes off like Jimbo referring to himself in the 3rd person whist purposely adding weasel words to defend and get away from referring himself.
>>
>>2664230
>still trying to act smug after 100 schizo rambleposts
Let me ask you a straight question, Anon.
Let's assume the owner of that reddit account IS in this thread. I personally don't believe they are, but nevermind, let's say they are. Now tell me this, who has shit the thread up worse, them or you? Think about it seriously. Look at this thread and ask yourself which of you is the bigger problem.
And let me help you, since you obviously need it: pointing at 2 year old threads and 2 year old reddit posts while screaming LOOK WHAT HE DID while also accusing every single person in the thread of being him, is this really the action of someone interested in making these threads better? Do you accept that you may be causing more shitposting here than you're saving us from? Are you going to post about jimbo 300 times in every thread the moment any post makes you think he MIGHT be around?

I know I'm wasting my time and all I'm going to get is the same accusation of being jimbo that you gave everyone else who tried reason with you or told you to shut up, but seriously, think about what you're actually doing to these threads and if you're actually achieving anything that's worth all this shitposting. I'm being far kinder and reasonable here than I should be considering what an unbearable faggot you're being, but seriously, please stop fucking up these threads because of your obsession.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (220 KB, 776x507)
220 KB
220 KB PNG
>>2664464
>Let's assume the owner of that reddit account IS in this thread.
Spoiler related

>is this really the action of someone interested in making these threads better?
>Pretending like he wants to earnestly discuss the game when no one's talking about him
>Admitted he just wants to flamewar on both fronts
>>2659386
https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/603190925/#q603245553

>please stop fucking up these threads because of your obsession.
See >>2664072
Still no evidence for >>2663606 btw.

Anyways I'm done for now.
Since more than one person can call you out, next time I specifically do, I'll post some OC of my fav. somewhat cult classic indieshit teddy bear wearing a bow tie, so don't go pretending to be me while I'm gone~

G'night, Jimbo!
>>
File: 1656122801015.gif (225 KB, 640x480)
225 KB
225 KB GIF
>>2664464
>>2664504
Oh, breaking my own rule for a sec.
To give you a timeframe of when I'll be back: Whenever Crisis Core Reunion comes out. You'll be chimping out by then I'm sure.
>>
>>2664511
As expected, just another two parter post of schizoshit instead of answering a single question.

One last question, anon, for the hell of it: Do you believe, truly, without any doubt, that everyone you have called jimbo in this thread, including me, is the same person who wrote those reddit posts you keep sharing?
Do you believe it? And if not, what do you think you've achieved here?
>>
Let's say for the sake of argument that Jimbo is real and he does copy/paste his posts from reddit here. You are worse. If you think Jimbo is who destroyed this thread, you need to reflect on your actions. How many people have you cycle through calling Jimbo in this thread? It appears you've found another one overnight, and you're so oblivious that you smugly continue to act like you've legitimately outed this schizo of yours, finally. It's hilarious.

I label you Jimbofag, schizo. I will call you out whenever I see you derailing threads like this in the future, which you most assuredly will because you're a schizo devoid of self-awareness. Sincerely, go fuck yourself.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.