[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Bioshock does what Bethesda Fallout attempts to do, but does it way better in every regard. Why do Bethesda games have so many drones when after a decade of making Fallout games Bethesda still can't surpass a game from 2007?
>>
Bioshock isn't an RPG.
>>
>>2597459
You are genuinely retarded trying to compare these two
>>
>>2597465
Neither are Bethesda games...?
>>
>>2597528
Godd Howard has been sloppy these days but the legacy of his single RPG alone is very much a cut above the rest.
>>
>>2597459
You're a moron, Bioshock is an action-adventure game with RPG elements and immersive sim design philosophy.
>>
>>2597536
And Fallout is a shitty action game will of bugs.
>>
>>2597534
So a Bethesda game was your first ever, that doesn't make it an RPG.
>>
>>2597528
Good.
>>>/v/
>>>/trash/
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>2597560
Incorrect. I've played many, only few are true RPGs.
>>
>>2597459
Bioshock is literally just off-brand System Shock, which is off-brand Ultima Underworld.
>>
>>2597536
>immersive sim
Bioshock isn't an immersive sim, there's not enough objects affected by gravity.
>>
>>2597885
Nice way of saying doom clone.
>>
>>2597909
UU is (slightly) older than Doom, though it could be argued that both take from Wolfenstein 3D
>>
>>2597908
99% of the game literally takes place underwater, that's immersive by definition
>>
Bioshock 2 is unironically the best one tho because it’s not ruined by Ken Levine’s autism. The sort of brainwashing psychological commands with the ‘would you kindly’ stuff doesn’t actually exist and is really just a cop out for not creating real character motivation, and the multiverse rewrite with infinite comes from the outliers of Big Bang theory tv show science optimism that became mainstream later with Marvel movies. None of his characters have real motivations and he copes with the fragility of each story with multiverse equivalence (basically saying that everything’s the same because the true story happened somewhere else so he didn’t have to do the work to write it). Infinite basically takes the type writer monkey Shakespeare position. The first tape recording from Tenenbaum in 1 is about her outsmarting a Nazi scientist because she loves science so much, she’s literally acting like Sheldon Cooper. Most gamers are never going to have a daughter, or atleast one that loves them in any sort of real capacity, and Ken probably just thinks that funny and you deserve it because your just a controlled meat puppet with electricity created your ‘false’ emotions or something. 2 takes the true position of art, what art was always supposed to be, rectifying these gaps made up in the life you were supposed to live in the only universe that exists. 2 is about reinforcing and imaging the ideal that was supposed to happen and it’s supposed to make you imagine it and fight for the beauty of an actual true life. 2 is about real love between 2 actual people, and forgiving the outliers that don’t match with the ideal and try to corrupt it. That forgiveness comes when you realize that in imaging that sort of beauty you are imaging something realer than everything else because it’s directly connected to the ideal of God that created all of us and this sole universe and God is perfect (Socrates words not ‘religions’ - as Ken would probably think)
>>
>>2597957
TLDR fuck Ken Levine and his Jewish tricks
>>
>>2597908
Wrong, that's not how you define an immersive sim. Come on bro.
>>
>>2597990
Is Dead Space an immersive sim, asshole?
>>
>>2597459
You don't even have a proper inventory in this game. 2/10 still made me take the bait
>>
>>2598000
Why even mention Dead Space, what a dumb bait. >>>/v/
>>
>>2597990
How many crates can I stack in Bioshock?If I can't it's not an imsim
>>
>>2599508
Incorrect, and you're a dumb animal. I won this argument, you lost.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.