[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Need some help, are those 15% crafting bench stat bonuses rounded up or down? Like if i had 111 effective points placed in mechanics, and then the workshop gave it an extra 16,65 points. Summing it up would i end with a total of total of 127 or 128 effective skill?
>>
>>2583618
https://underrail.info/build/?FAUFBQUFBQgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN-_
Seems like it's rounded down
>>
From an RP perspective would it make sense to side with Aegis when I went Free Drones in the base game? I don't really care about siding with the pirates, the merchant isn't even that good after the raids since he barely buys anything from you unless you've hoarded ammo and for RP purposes since my character was fighting for South Underrail to be free he wouldn't want pirates ruining the waterways. I could just do the DLC solo but that would mean less xp and not getting paid at all.
>>
>>2583737
What a coincidence, my current RP char is also to choose these exact same paths. I'd like to imagine my character profile as a covert spy from North Underrail (maybe an ex biocorp agent?) who joined SGS as a shortcut to uncover the meta events happening in the South like tchortists/faceless stuff and also sabotage the advances of the Protectorate. The free drones would naturally be the optimal faction to enter, but infiltrating the Aegis ranks would also be ideal since it's the easiest way to find out more about the Black Sea and the purpose of the expedition being carried out. Add in some disgust for raiders and the pirates would never be a viable option.
>>
>>2583647
Oh shit i shouldn't have wasted those points in pickpocketing... thanks anyway
>>
>>2583737
It depends on whether or not you sided with black eels, because if you did, pirate quest is gonna fuck that up majorly.
>>
>>2583785
I always do and I had SGS join forces with them, I can think of this RP as my character was intending to sabotage Aegis from the inside but ends up liking a few of the people in it like Ladelman and the professor and after the savage raid and the pirate kidnapping he instead decides to wipe those two out and eventually takes the Acorn for himself.
>>
>>2583807
>my character was intending to sabotage Aegis from the inside
But why? Other than being a mentally stunted dronesister, of course.
>>
File: gassing.png (1.46 MB, 2284x694)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB PNG
Working for biocorp must have been kino
>>
>>2583820
Because as a Drone anyone from North Underrail = bad, and also the fact that everyone in Aegis are protectorate veterans who are all still loyal.
>>
What's the rationale behind low/low shields when most melee attacks ignore most or all shield anyway?
>>
>>2583958
Just like certain perks, there are a lot of noob traps in the game
>conservative shields
>shitty gun frames
>>
>>2583958
crossbow niggers. you shouldn't be relying on a shield for melee protection
>>
Enemies should be able to swap weapons in dominating
They should also carry shotguns with them much more often
>>
>been struggling with my dominating knight run
>STILL can't deal with all these fucking ironheads at level 18
>MacLander comes out of his fap closet and his "claymore" looks like my fucking machete
so it's not even a two handed sword? i know weapons tend to all look the same despite being a unique, but come on. i don't know if I even want to keep playing this character now, my RP is ruined.
>>
>>2584033
Melee is allergic to mechanical resistance so only hammer wizards survive in dominating
>>
>>2584025
Yeah totally and they should also be allowed to do it at 0AP cost as well.
>>
>>2584047
Yeah you don't suffer AP penalties for switching between your two main weapons either so there's nothing wrong with this. I'm a known tester for Styg and he already implemented a couple balances i recommended him to so i'm going to give this idea for the next update
>>
>>2584052
>next update
so, Infusion?
>>
>>2584058
I'm an Infusion alpha tester so I can spoil you a bit about the game but not much. The map is being developed to be based on an extension of the lower caverns where it's a maze with 90% randomized locations and you must find your way to the objectives. Dude will be the main quest giver there, tasking you with finding and infusing ingredients to create the ultimate mushroom brew. The sole enemies there are crawlers (and their variations like acid, freeze and plasma ones). Also there's a new currency called stygian stones that will have weight added to them in order to balance against looter playstyles who speedrun the game
>>
>>2583618
Does this game have voice acting?
>>
>>2584078
Yeah dude just make funny voices for ever character.
>>
File: dude.png (53 KB, 589x195)
53 KB
53 KB PNG
I think I may have cracked it.

Six says things like it's your event/everything in reality was "used" to set up a frame in which you do this or that. If pic related is taken as canon and not a simple joke, then everything is clear. Six is aware of the "script" that was created by them. The story's been written and everything has to follow the script. Six experiences it like a movie or a book i.e. going from chapter to chapter while everyone else experiences things "normally". He "read" the ending of each chapter and knows how they will end but not what events lead to the end of each chapter. The PC is one of the lead actors in this grand performance and Six knows that since he knows the ending of each chapter. I think he might be more afraid of what happens or not happens if you try to divert from the script i.e. him forcefully taking the cube away from you, but that's just my interpretation.
>>
>>2584052
Were you talking about during combat because that's what I meant and thought you did.
>>
>>2584095
With Dude having access to inter-dimensional travel akin to a far less refined version of Six's it's safe to assume that there is some special "precognition" godman power that Dude managed to copy. Six specifically knows that Tchort must be killed and that it must be the player that does it, but before that point he will not hesitate to kill the player for "being rude", which implies that Six experiences visions much like Dude, but in a more refined manner. He also doesn't know why Tchort must be killed or why it's a higher priority than killing Tanner, further cementing the idea of Dude-like visions. The nature of these visions is unknown though, it could be anything from some sort of beneficial effect that picks out the optimal way of doing things in the future to what you mentioned, the script.
>>
>>2583618
Daily reminder, play as a hammerfag
Hammer Wizard or Berserker Hammerfag
>>
>>2584420
Could you repeat that, in English?
>>
>concentrated fire singlehandedly keeps AR damage competitive
>SMGs don't benefit from concentrated fire
What is the rationale behind this?
>>2584420
If it has a battery, it's electronic for the purpose of repair. The normal goggles are considered mechanical, so you can use standard repair kits on those.
>>2583958
Fully soaking cryokinesis and crossbow bolts is nice. A nice low shield makes wiping out the savages a lot easier, since they give zero fucks about vision rules and have unlimited range the moment they get in combat with you.
>>2584025
Considering how efficiently enemy shotgunners kill their allies the moment they step in front of them, that would make things even easier.
>>2584033
>STILL can't deal with all these fucking ironheads at level 18
Are you stacking molotovs and gas grenades?
>>
>>2584149
Yeah, I though the same thing when I met Six in Deep Caverns, but I decided it's not true because meta narratives are fucking boring
>>
>>2584604
plenty of grenades, yeah. just bad luck and a lot of f9. doesn't matter anyway, the will to play my knight has been lost after seeing the claymore in game. now I need to decide what to play on a new dominating run. never tried being a scientist energy pistol user or crossbow asshole.
>>
File: dread.jpg (620 KB, 1920x1080)
620 KB
620 KB JPG
This guy just murdered his friend and now he's laughing about it. What a dick.
>>
>>2583618
How do I start this game enjoyably?
I played a bit, but it just never clicks and starts to get boring and repetitive.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (2.58 MB, 1920x1080)
2.58 MB
2.58 MB PNG
So I finished utility tower on dominating and I can confidently say that the boss was a fucking miserable god awful bullshit experience. Beautiful visuals though, and I like to imagine that big space snake ate the sun and the surface world is a freezing cold wasteland
>>
>>2585063
where did you get up to? also it will get pretty repetitive, since it's all about making your build stronger and stronger to do a couple autistic things really well.
>>
>>2585082
I assume you're pistols from the screenshot, so yeah, that'd be pretty awful.
At least you're not knives or psi where you basically have to bring the torch because your normal method of attack doesn't fucking work.
>>
>>2585093
I would honestly not know how the torch would suffice against those giant blocks of ice. You'd need about five or six hits, depending on your luck, and even then that's only about three of the blocks gone.
The boss "fight" wouldn't be even a quarter as annoying if it wasn't for the fucking thing turning then entire playable area into a solid block of fucking ice with each chunk having 300 hp for some godforsaken reason.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (2.61 MB, 1920x1080)
2.61 MB
2.61 MB PNG
>>2585093
yeah I'm never doing that ever again, but I'm glad I got to see what the tower looks like. Really just awesome once you get to the part with the wind Also what the fuck is with the fifty billion empty lockers
>>
File: Spoiler Image (412 KB, 1920x1080)
412 KB
412 KB JPG
>>2585101
>lockers
There's a line on the floor connecting some of them. If you open them and only them then the last one gives you some items. Regenerative mixture is nice but the others are pretty unimpressive given how much effort climbing the tower takes.
>>
>>2585063
>How do I start this game enjoyably?
You don't, really. The start is always dogshit and your primary weapons will be bear traps, molotovs, and the highest grade of frag grenade you can currently craft. You're then going to get to Depot A, and depending on your build, you will probably want to drop the game here if you haven't already. If you can push past that, you're in for a lot of min-maxing with pretty decent quests and writing.
>boring and repetitive
Yes. The vendor refresh system turns locating quality crafting components into an MMO-tier timesink, and in general at least 2/3 of your time in the game will be spent backtracking in one form or another. If that sounds terrible, save yourself a lot of time and go play something else. You need a highly specific form of autism to enjoy this game.
>>
>>2585117
ohhhhhhhh. thanks
>>
File: Spoiler Image (320 KB, 1366x768)
320 KB
320 KB PNG
>>2585096
The juice doubles the torch's damage. I used the torch to clear out the ice on the lower levels and mk3 plasma grenades when I was fighting my Demise.
>>
>>2585117
Oh my god after a fucking year now I find out what to solve the locker mystery

Yogimanz you fucking sneaky bastard
>>
File: 1646903039931.png (1.39 MB, 1600x898)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB PNG
after trying out just about every weapon type and playstyle, I gotta say that metathermics warcriminal has been my favorite. it just feels so good melting, burning, and freezing all that dare stand before me.
>>
>>2585236
>Not playing as Burning Man
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
A.
>>
File: 1650604593491.jpg (53 KB, 360x360)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>2585134
>>2585082
>>2585117
Can you even get to upper floors of UT on normal? I recall only going thru basement filled with bio gas and floor filled with psi projections and lunatics
>>
>>2585295
adding to this, and not the same anon, but if I did not get the UT boss to spawn in my dominating run, is there anything worthwhile in UT other than simply experiencing the content?
>>
>>2585295
Every floor but the last is available, so all you miss is the boss fight.
>>
>>2585302
you can get the unique helm which is pretty good.

only thing you miss on dom is the boss fight + feat
>>
>>2585304
Do you enter UT thru that hole in West wing of Tchort university? If I recall corectly going thru pipe in South leads you to room with opurtunity to gas lunatics like anon posted >>2583826
>>
>>2585321
You get to the utility tower by climbing a ladder in the western area of eos complex, the place with bandits and marty.
>>
How do you intimidate the hunchback mutant in Kirill's lab? No matter what I tried I couldn't intimidate it.
>>
>>2585321
Yeah, there's actually very little combat unless you accidentally unfreeze some of the enemies in there. It's a good place to go earlygame to scrounge up some high-quality components, really, most of the stuff you find in there is triple digits.
>>
File: shield.png (16 KB, 447x668)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>>2585334
I found this shield in there on my current game. It was pretty great given that I went there as soon as the trains came back.
>>
>>2585343
very nice. i'll have to start remembering to go there early.
>>
>>2583872
>Because as a Drone anyone from North Underrail = bad
Based dronetard. Did you miss the fact that the drones themselves are from the north as well?
>>
>>2585236
Yeah, war criminal is kino. I still remember "fighting" Carnifex, he was either stuck in acid, or running away while being set on fire. I didn't take a single point of damage.
>>
Does armor sloping apply for riot armor shields and plates for tactical vests or just metal armor only?
>>
>>2585709
Does anyone actually fight him? And by that I mean not just tazing him and killing him in a single round, because even as an overbuilt tank with 400+ health and level 20+ he has no problem doing the same to you if you don't win the alpha strike.
>>
>>2585725
yes for riot armor shields, though it's questionable if it is worth using a feat for the few percentage points of armor penalty. it doesn't affect tac vests since you don't actually use metal plates of any kind.
>>
>>2585725
Tac vests don't use metal plates. Riot gear does, though, so that would work. That said, let's go over the best case scenario here.

With Tungsten, you'd go from +26% penalty to +17% penalty, so a savings of 9%. Alternatively, you could spend that feat on Premeditation, and use it for PTC, which would give you 15 AP and 30 movement points that are not impacted by armor penalty in any way.
>>
>>2585731
you answered your own question. barring normal difficulty or lower, which I wouldn't know about as a DOMINATING CHAD, you win initiative and kill him in one turn or CC the shit out of him if it takes more than one. I've kited him around and killed in over a few turns before, but basically just dont get hit lol
>>
Does three pointer crit chance scale with base throwing or actual throwing skill?
>>
>>2585753
Shit, I'm a retard, should have read the wiki. It scales with effective skill.
>>
>>2585753
who cares. you can max out throwing and you will still blow yourself up with a grenade at the worst fucking times. if you have more than 30 throwing and you're not playing a throwing build(LOL) you are dumb as hell.
>>
>locus attacks doing damage to me despite being fully equipped in tungsten metal armor
I don't get it, do their attacks count as bio only even though its a physical attack?
>>
>>2585875
Wear the gas mask and the bio boots. Unfortunately, you get the bio boots in the nexus of technology, which is where you're currently heading, meaning you need to deal with the locusts before you get an item that helps you deal with the locusts. :)
>>
do you guys think the devs regret naming the faction NFT
>>
I lost my savefile for this game and I'm kinda bad at it. I want to do a MetaThermics Spear build. What should my attributes be? I'm thinking maybe do a Dex build with spear throw and keep STR and con at 5? And dump perception to put will and int up?
Please help a pipeworker
>>
File: 1510870399198.jpg (69 KB, 1115x712)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>play xbownigger
>90% of gameplay consists of running from town to town collecting small batches of magnesium powder and dischargers
>>
>>2586019
Premise: I don't know what I'm talking about since it was a long time ago and many things have changed.
You want 6 AGI for Sweep, it also gets you Sprint so that's great.
6 DEX is more than enough for throwing scaling imo, satisfies the 5 DEX requirement of the Spear Throw and gets you Cheap Shot.
6 INT is nice for Premeditation, I wouldn't go higher than that.
STR will be your primary attribute and is a requirement (7) for Impale.
Sort out the remaining points between WIL and CON, something like 5 WIL and 6 CON seems fair but since there is no feat that you really want to have that requires either of them just choose if you have something in mind or just for the scaling on HP and MT skill.
>>
>>2586035
sounds fun
>>
>>2586051
Do you think I can kinda ignore some of the crafting skills? I'm gonna play on oddity, probably hard but if I get filtered normal. So I was thinking I need 50 in bit lockpicking and hacking for oddities, as well as pick pocket
>>
>>2586035
Same story with every build if you want to craft a good weapon and are hunting for a 150+ frame.
>>
>>2586083
if it's just hard then yeah. i recently played spear and rushed to the oculous to check constantine. the spear he sold me carried me the entire game, even killing tchort. that was also on a hoplite build, mind you, so I was only 1 handing the spear.
>>
Going in blindish, what's a fun build? I've been debating shotguns, fist weapons, and knives. Also classic exp or oddity?
>>
>>2586173
Something with stealth.
>>
>>2586173
Play as a hammer wizard
>>
>>2586173
Melee is harder than ranged and you're new so I'd say shotguns. Except also bring a sniper rifle, they use the same stats as shotguns so all it takes is a few feats and you can be good with them too. The shit range on shotguns gets annoying sometimes.
>>
>>2586173
Like other guy said, shotgun/sniper rifle
Do oddity/normal for your first playthrough. 6str 6agi 9per 3wil 6dex
>>
>>2586196
>>2586202
Why would you feat up multiple weapons when you could simply go ARs and do better than both with even less investment?
>>
>>2586202
Adding onto my own retard comment those stats are so you can get leading shot, sixth shell, sprint, and grenadier. Make sure you're doing a psiless gunblaster too, just easier to manage and more powerful
>>
>genociding natives, having fun
>go to the graveyard
>mfw there's no enemies
>mfw saving disabled
>mfw spooky spirits fuck me up
>mfw i have no face
damn, haven't felt such a tenseness and sense of dread in this game since my first playthrough
>>
File: underrail wtf.png (161 KB, 500x482)
161 KB
161 KB PNG
>>2586173
Wizards builds can be fun and most spells can go well for support. Same thing for traps as well but make sure you have a ranged options for groups.
>Or be me...
>trying out a trap build to see if I make something work with sure step spec
>get to how well "dodging" beartraps works at 1 spec point
>mfw it works first try
>mfw it "dodges" /consumes/ my beartraps stepping over them
>mfw when I was planing a melee build
>>
>>2583958
Early burrowers and those crickets in black sea
>>
>>2586196
>>2586202
Will investing in sniper feats cause me to spread my build too thin?
>>2586448
Traps sound but I wanna play the game more vanilla on the first run
>>
>>2586484
You've probably already decided you want to go sniper/shotgun, but the most fun I've had playing this game was a chemical pistols build. It's really good early game too, because you can make high quality grenades because you'll be investing in Chemistry, Mk. III or Mk. IV can carry any shit build early. Chemical pistols are also fairly strong late game and you won't have to worry about resistances, you'll always have a solution for whatever you'll be facing
>>
>>2586507
Well shoot, that sounds fun too. Now it's a toss up.
>>
>>2586212
>Make sure you're doing a psiless gunblaster too, just easier to manage and more powerful
In reality, it is neither of those things. I don't know why you'd lie like that to a new player who is already going to have a really shitty time.
>>
>>2586602
New players are more likely to spread their stats too thin
It may not be more powerful but having the extra health and also having four skills you can leave at zero with extra feat spaces to boot actually does make a build easier to manage for a new player.
Tin can psiless gun builds are beasts
>>
>>2586515
Chem pistol build is a bit harder to make though, because you won't know which feats are good and whatnot. It might be better to go for a psiless tincan Assault rifle build as some other anons have said, although it does get very boring.
>>
>>2586606
>Tin can psiless gun builds are beasts
They aren't. You have zero mobility, which means you better fucking kill every single target in your initial burst, or you're going to have shit like Bilocation which will 100-0 you because you sure as fuck can't outrun it.

Or, you could have +20 AP and +30 movement points for 3 rounds that ignore your 95% armor penalty, meaning you always have a chance to jump back behind cover after your initial triple burst + free commando burst, or move to hit some bownigger that keeps sniping you and ducking behind cover himself. This boosts both your damage output (can squeeze out an additional burst) and survivability immensely. You also have Stasis in your back pocket, and I shouldn't have to explain that one.

All in exchange for 20% of your health and two feats, which is fine since sturdy vets gain 1:1 health to quality when used on metal armor,10 con is more than enough of a buffer for health, plus you're stun immune due to based thick skull, and you will save more than that feat-wise by going with a single weapon type.

https://underrail.info/build/?HgkDAwoMAwbCoMKEAAAAAABibwAAwqDCoFhlbgAAAEYAAFpjTzsmFSvCh0oqSTFLJwhQwrXCpFXin6IF4qe0Ct-_

Level 1 version: https://underrail.info/build/?AQgDAwoHAwYPDwAAAAAADw8AAA8ADwAAAAAADwAAD2NP378

If you can post a tin can gun build that's stronger in the hands of a new player, I'd like to see it.
>>
>>2586648
Alright, I'm sure he'll have fun planning that out on his first run
>>
Wanna give this game a spin, but is it an rpg or mechanical build autism? I'm not trying to play a game that requires immersion breaking min-maxing where you have to make a retard-savant or wheelchair bound counting retard to survive
>>
>>2586658
You're always gonna have a dump stat, maybe three dump stats on higher difficulties, which is in itself immersion breaking
>>
>>2586648
>juggernaut last
>recklessness on a tin can
ayy lmao
>>
>>2586663
He's got a good build but I laughed how he talked shit about psiless mobility and then dumped dex and agi like sprint and hit and run don't exist
>>
>>2586658
>is it an rpg or mechanical build autism?
Both. If you like the game it can become build autism to beat the higher difficulties, but on normal as long as you don't make overly stupid choices you'll be fine.
Some min-maxing may be needed for some attribute starved builds, but it really depends on what you're building for since there are a lot of options that only really require you to dump a single attribute since you just "need" average scores overall.
>>
>>2586667
Healthy young Anon plays Underrail, stars using massive amounts of Psionic Mentors, doesn't like psiless anymore - LUNATIC! Many such cases.
>>
>>2586655
It's already planned out in the builder, so probably, yeah. Fastest way to get someone to drop this game is to set them up with unrealistic expectations with a flimsy freeform build that's doomed to crash and burn without serious meta knowledge.

>>2586663
>juggernaut last
You could push it to 20 if you want, but pre-20 there are far more important perks, and your base health won't be high enough to feel the difference on hard/dom. After 20, we already clear entire screens and take so little damage with quad tungsten armor that perks from there are just icing on the cake outside of increased perception and scrutinous.
>recklessness on a tin can
Absolutely, yes. With Hardcore Chips we have 31% crit, and our lovely chimera for commando procs has a whopping 250% crit damage, meaning you will regularly kill 4+ enemies in a single burst with 500+ crits. Genociding godless savages has never been easier.

>>2586667
>6 agi for Sprint (30 mp for 2 turns)
>6 Int for Premed (15 ap 30 mp for 2 turns)
Point for point, it just doesn't add up, and int is giving you much needed crafting points. Those 3 agi would have to come from somewhere, either from con, meaning no more thick skull, which is a cornerstone of the build, from strength, meaning no tungsten armor, another non-starter, or from perception, of which we need as much as possible for highly accurate and damaging bursts.
>>
>>2586696
>int is giving you much needed crafting points
You can't say this seriously when you spent 160 points in Mechanics and Electronics both. I may understand Electronics (but not really since as a tin can shields are no that important) but you definitively do not need all that effective mechanics score.
>>
File: black arrow.jpg (393 KB, 1920x1080)
393 KB
393 KB JPG
Black arrow is even worse than I thought. I thought I'd be able to use snipe and do massive damage to a line of enemies, but that doesn't work. The target you're aiming at gets hit for snipe damage, but the penetrating hits on enemies in the way count as regular attacks. I wanted to snipe all three Masters and feel cool, but no, can't do that.
This rifle sucks. The reason it dazes you is because you're dazed by how fucking shit it is.
>>
>>2586703
>but not really since as a tin can shields are no that important
t. never played Dom as a tin can
Shields are important as a tin can, more so since they can be the only thing that can fully absorb the damage you're fully countered by
>>
File: questioning scorchfu.jpg (17 KB, 193x307)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
Starting a playthrough after finishing maybe 35% of the game many years ago.

Would it be too unreasonable to start with Dominating-Oddity? Thinking on making a dex/versatility sniper/pistols guy who also has this temporal psi-thing that seems to be standard for any build to get. And as I understand it, I'll need to cheese stuff with bear traps and molotovs and door opening chokepoint tricks for pretty much the entirety of the earlygame to survive.
>>
>>2586712
I did play DOM as a tin can and you can get by with 120-140q modulators, don't pretend that you need 160q+ shit as a tin can.
>>
>>2586703
>but not really since as a tin can shields are no that important
Soaking lasers, plasma, giganigger lightning spiders, cryo shit, crit aimed shots from bowfags, I love me a good shield.
>but you definitively do not need all that effective mechanics score
Max quality triple plated tungsten armor with a sturdy vest is actually 186 mech/133 tailoring, and we can use the table for tailoring. You could argue that you don't NEED to craft something that strong, but anon, don't you want your Jin-Roh armor to be as strong as it can be?

Also those 3 points in Int mean you can start crafting MK4 Frags at level 10 instead of level 14, for example. The crafting implications are enormous.
>>
>>2586717
>dex/versatility sniper/pistols
This sounds shit. You're probably going to die.
>>
>>2586719
>don't pretend that you need 160q+ shit as a tin can
Plasma, naga blasts, acid blobs, the entanglement will most likely land but majority of acid damage will be absorbed (talking about sea wyrms), fully absorb poison bolt damage and avoid poison (natives), with yell and low low shield you can avoid nasty debuffs like crippling strike, etc
>>
>>2586717
No no no, stop.
DOMINATING is a miserable experience unless you already know the game.
Do yourself a favor and play normal or hard. Oddity is the best experience in every circumstance imho.
>>
>>2586717
>Would it be too unreasonable to start with Dominating-Oddity?
No, play normal or at the very least hard. Dominating requires previous game knowledge, at the very least beating the game once and some special kind of autism
>>
>>2586726
>entanglement will most likely land but majority of acid damage will be absorbed (talking about sea wyrms)
Just change into CAU armor and take 0 damage, like wtf are you doing?
>Plasma, naga blasts
140q is more than enough, it's fair to want more protection but I just don't see the necessity.
>fully absorb poison bolt damage and avoid poison (natives), with yell and low low shield you can avoid nasty debuffs like crippling strike, etc
Ok, those are fair reasons. Still too high electronics desu.
>>
>>2586736
>Just change into CAU armor and take 0 damage, like wtf are you doing?
Wont protect you from melee and native crossbows with that gear.
>140q is more than enough, it's fair to want more protection but I just don't see the necessity.
NONSENSE, the higher the better.
>>
>>2586711
What? Really? I was planning to item transfer it because I wanted to do the same, fuck that's really anti fun.
>>
>>2586720
>Max quality triple plated tungsten armor with a sturdy vest is actually 186 mech/133 tailoring, and we can use the table for tailoring.
I have no idea what you're thinking. You have 187 effective mechanics so it seems like you're planning on finding four 189 quality plates in DC (this is stupidly optimistic by the way) and making your armour there, but then you say you want to go back home to use the house bonus for crafting. So which is it? Are you planning on making items in DC or not?
Also you forgot hypercerebrix/Jon's special/engineer suit. Also it doesn't matter because you aren't going to find four 189 quality plates, that's stupid, you're stupid for even thinking that could happen, stop being stupid.
>>
>>2586741
Where else are you going to put those points? Throwing? Feel free, does not change the build in any way, and the fact that you've devolved into the tiniest nitpicks with no combat implications proves that it's a rock solid shitter shatterer.
>>
>>2586738
>native crossbows
>sea wyrms
What?
>the higher the better
Yeah, and going higher is extremely expensive in skill points but not 160 points at 6 INT expensive. What quality are you even trying to build?
>>
>>2586746
>>native crossbows
>>sea wyrms
>What?
I meant that fighting the natives on CAU gear will get you killed, you're right of course CAU against sea wyrms, completely forgot about that

>What quality are you even trying to build?
I ALWAYS craft 150-160 quality end game stuff, 170-180 if possible.(180 from SS metal plates)
>>
>>2586739
It's all in the screenshot. One guy gets hit for snipe damage, the other two don't. I guess it won't be that bad most of the time though. It still does a lot of damage. Not enough to kill dominating bosses, but most enemies will get one shot.
>>
>>2586754
800 on a crit seems really low, I remember getting crits in 1000s when using the spearhead, might be remembering wrong, or maybe it was before critical power's nerf.
>>
>>2586753
>I ALWAYS craft 150-160 quality end game stuff, 170-180 if possible.(180 from SS metal plates)+
Even without going overboard with the min-maxing you can easily shave 25 to 30 points from both electronics and mechanics each and still be able to craft all you want.
That's not a small amount of skills points, unlike what would be a real nitpicking like meeting mk5 nade skill requirement without house bonus/food/etc.
>>
>>2586757
Black Arrow has an abysmal crit damage (and crit chance too for the matter).
>>
>>2586759
Nah mk4 explosive nades are enough, I'm talking about 160 quality components electronic shields, quad 160 tungsten tin can with 170 with regen vest, etc etc etc
Also 100 biology for better meds
>>
>>2586757
Well, it's 1400 before DR. Also black arrow has shit critical bonus and no smart module, so that doesn't help.
>>
>>2586763
>Nah mk4 explosive nades are enough
>112 chemistry
kek
>>
>>2586768
>Implying I actually craft them
Constantine sells them, merchant refresh is a hell of a drug, probably hannah and fraser too, not sure if Becket too
>>
>>2586760
>>2586764
Yeah, just looked it up, 85%. Man, even if it didn't daze you I wouldn't use it anyway, refurbishing it should give you 100% crit bonus at the very least, also change the scope to a smart one. It's also 15 fucking kg.
>>
>>2586773
Also refurbishment adds 1 point of strength to the requirement for some inane reason.
The only good thing about the rifle (aside from damage being ok) is the +20 bonus to hit.
>>
>>2586795
>refurbishment adds 1 point of strength to the requirement
Why make a weapon if you don't want your players to use it, baffling.
>>
>>2586804
At least is not the Rancor.
It's already enough that you have to go to DC to pick up the Black Arrow, and you may have virtually 0 content left to do if you even manage to upgrade it (145q SS plate+harbinger frame), but at least it can be acquired just as soon as you enter DC without any combat provided that you have a moderate amount of stealth.
But not the Rancor, you have also to pass the fucking labyrinth. What a joke.
>>
>>2586808
At least upgraded rancor is good. The game is over by the time you get it but it is good. Black arrow is just bad.
>>
>>2586821
Yeah, guess that's true. Small consolation for having to suffer for no reason other than a pointless (but cool) shotgun since it's no longer required to go there anymore.
>>
>>2586711
I just finished a run with a sniper build I specifically had in mind for using BA in the end/postgame and was similarly disappointed. For as great as it looks on paper it's completely impractical for the gameplay, and is the only gun I can think of that becomes basically unusable after being refurbished, unless youre fighting exactly 1 enemy. Incredible waste of a great-looking asset with an badass look and a great unique firing sound.
>>
Does this game have fun combat and boss fights
>>
>>2586960
No.
>>
>>2586717
Just do it. It's more immersive (and fun) when mostly everything is very dangerous. But yes, you'll have to keep your eyes open and actually use the resources provided and learn how to specifically counter certain encounters..
>>
>>2584095
isn't this just the same as the npc in secret of evermore who gets turned into a chicken
>>
>>2586616
There are only 2 feats for chemical pistols, besides those two anyone doing a chem build should get a few other feats all pistol types can use like aimed shot and kneecap shot, oh and of course sure step so your own acid puddles don't hurt you. On my chem build I also like to use energy pistols as my secondary weapon, using an amplified plasma pistol with aimed shot usually kills a lot of enemies in one hit.
>>
>>2586960
Not really. Setting, story, and quests are cool, but the combat is so mired in hostile design that only 1.6% of players have beaten the game. Most of the fags here don't even beat the game. They just make a new build, play for a while, get bored because the combat isn't fun outside of that brief period when you have enough levels that you can stop playing looney tunes/home alone simulator, then the happy chemicals wear off and they make a new build and do it all over again without beating it.
>>
>End up doing DC before the DLC in a playthrough
>You can actually try to tell Briggs about Tchort but he just thinks you're making shit up and even Ladelman doesn't know you're talking about.
>>
I want to bring back Old Biocorp. It collapsed for a reason, true. But it lasted longer than anything that came after for a reason as well.
>>
>>2587145
That's what the United Stations will be. Join the Protectorate and trust the plan! Two more political purges and the Golden Age of Underrail will begin.
>>
>>2587152
Not so fast, Melek. What have you done in the past 15 years to further the field of biochemical research?
>>
File: militaryaidpackage.jpg (323 KB, 1279x720)
323 KB
323 KB JPG
>ding lvl 17
>getting ready to take on Ironheads, Beast, Lunatics, research facility, etc.
>skulking around with an ~80 quality povertybow
>my nigga Ola comes in clutch
>>
Why doesnt fear proc oppertunist, its a CC so it should count no?
>>
>>2586696
the most fun I had with this game was a freeform build on normal /oddity my first time around so I was just kind of suggesting the same to him. I just went psiless shotguns on a whim and steamrolled depot A after hearing it be hard as shit and that hooked me.
You are very knowledgeable about the game and I appreciate your posts
>>
>>2587464
It's a debuff, but it's not immobilizing so it's not considered CC for opportunist
>>
Should i upgrade critical power or sharpshooter more in a pistol build?
>>
>>2587161
>Melek
They way he's portrayed as a centralizing figure makes it somewhat clear that the plot is gearing towards the dude being blown up by drones before they are completely massacred and then chaos is releases upon north underrail
>>
>>2583737
Going for the paths that give you optimal gear and rewards is the path that makes sense form an RP perspective.
>>
>>2587463
Your "nigga" should be Constantine. He sells high quality shit with 95 effective merc.
>>
>>2587535
Don't worry about it, he's just autistic.
>>
>>2586735
I did my first run on dominating. It was classic mode though, so things became surprisingly easier by the time I was level 20 in core city without doing any major quest there yet. I think the difficulties are just a matter of "how much suffering can you endure until your build starts to work?"
>>
>>2587739
>I think the difficulties are just a matter of "how much suffering can you endure until your build starts to work?"
Yeah pretty much
>>
>>2587647
Bullet Time
>>
what exactly do i need to learn from yngwar or the ferryman to get the torch? I got Yngwar to tell me about some fingers, are these the body parts I need to check when searching for the shard? why is this shit so fucking confusing?
>>
>>2588519
you need the rune sketch from yngwar at the end of the conversation. that sketch will show you which grave the shard is located in.

the other piece of the puzzle is where the ferrymen threw it, you can find that out just by asking him(ask the mutant merchant for info first to get it to appear)

you can alternatively go to the native village and the giant hammer in the middle of their village will have the same symbol for the correct grave.

You also need 9 int to get the sketch from yngwar.
>>
>>2588526
I have the rune from the hammer and killed all the mutie scum. can I just trial and error the correct grave for the shard then? or is there another way to get that info out of the ferryman?
>>
>>2588529

should be able to just trial and error it. but it will be annoying if the ghost comes in the middle of it.

don't touch anything in the graves until you find the correct grave, you'll have to find a bone crank somewhere in there to bring up the body.
>>
File: goggles.png (20 KB, 462x612)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
Nice goggles.
>>
>>2588261
Yeah already maxed that and hit and run
>>
>>2587647
Recklessness, because failing to crit is far worse than dealing slightly less overkill damage on your crits.
>>
What's the most miserable to play build that still works? Nothing intentionally shitty. Like it's working as intended, it just sucks.
>>
>>2588930
Non-psi melee, probably.
>>
>>2588831
I've used the Refurbished Wasteland Hawk since I've got it up to the big T, so Steadfast Aim was a good choice for me. Otherwise like the other anon said, Recklessness is your best bet if you don't have SA or you use other pistols.
>>
>>2588930
early game unarmed, then you become OP, but until then you suffer a lot
>>
>>2588930
Swords without TM 5% of the time is miserable 100% of the time.
>>
Are there actual rivers and 'seas' underground in real life like in Underrail or was that all man made in the game?
>>
>>2589088
dumb zoner. of course it's based on reality. there's many bodies of water underground. maybe not to the same extent as underrail, but they're there
>>
>>2589197
Yeah I know there are bodies of water underground but its usually normally flooded tunnels and stuff, I was asking if there were places that looked like what you see in Underrail.
>>
>>2589230
No, because underrail isn't zet on earth. The planet its on is explicitly hollow.
>>
File: 71A9jLwaSEL.jpg (213 KB, 1088x1766)
213 KB
213 KB JPG
>>2589273
>he doesn't know
>>
>finish dominating once
>now I can’t decide if I want to play normal or dominating and I haven’t been able to start a new game
>>
File: 1638403037914.jpg (89 KB, 500x575)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>towing is absolute cancer
why?
>>
>>2583737
>Roleplaying in a turn-based combat post-apoc sci-fi setting Diablo loot game
lol
>>
>>2589605
i think its still bugged. i played a few weeks ago and tried out towing but it doens worj even in a straight line
>>
File: 1649774108812.jpg (123 KB, 1024x1024)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>2589273
Oh boy, you're in for a ride.
>>
>>2590125
the fuck is this shiczo shit
>>
File: 1235346547.png (14 KB, 100x100)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
What's the deal with this guy?
Why is he such an asshole?
Why does he hate the Protectorate so much?
Why is his alias 'Gorsky'?
>>
>>2590128
Just the basics to understanding Underrail lore.
>>
>>2590129
He's an asshole because he's a bandit that got his shit pushed in and then played at being a security officer in south gate station. He hates the protectorate because they're an expansionist force that dislikes bandits, and he likes being a bandit.
Hence why he leaves SGS to do "very important things" which is "make the absurdly competent PC do literally everything, reveal that for all your talk you get your shit pushed in by people you call feeble, and then build up a bandit gang that has the political stance of "i dislike the protectorate" and nothing else".
And his alias is Gorsky because he's a slavnigger that likely ran away because he was on the run for being a bandit.
>>
>>2590138
Apparently, the name Gorsky is of Ashkenazic Jewish origin. Add up the fact that he hates the protectorate and he has a rebellious, even anarchic attitude leads me to think that there might be some hidden commentary from Styg.
>>
>>2590129
> why is his name gorsky
nigga has a chechen beard
>>
>>2590151
Fraser has the same portrait. I think it's because of the Jewish blood in his veins.
>>
>>2590138
I thought gorsky was originally from the gray army
>>
>>2590161
the only people who would be named "gorsky" or "gorets" (mountain people) here in our land are people like Chechens, Dagistanis, Ingushs etc.
The Mountain Jews are already called Armenians.
>>
>>2590129
>What's the deal with this guy
Ex-gangster turned SGS general
>Why is he such an asshole
His characterization changes so suddenly it's silly. At SGS he's this badass "doesn't take any shit" military man but then you go to Core City and he's back to being a gangbanger
>Why does he hate the Protectorate so much
Expansionist force, he recognized it being a tyranny
>Why is his alias Gorsky
Presumably came from West Underrail (where the Gray Army Base is) alongside the other refugees you can find in Core City, but implied to be a child soldier with professional training
>>
>>2590315
>At SGS he's this badass "doesn't take any shit" military man
No, he's just a nigger gangster from the start.
>>
>>2587055
I think most people beat 99% and just dipp at the deep caverns because it's one of the most terrible designed areas I have ever had to encounter. I did almost everything I could do in the game on 3 different characters and only managed to go through the slog that is the deep caverns on my third character. And it's not because my build was weak or anything it's just that the deep caverns SUCK. I hope styg has learned by now that making tediously difficult areas for the sake of being tedious is not fun.
>>
>>2590373
>I did almost everything I could do in the game on 3 different characters and only managed to go through the slog that is the deep caverns on my third character. And it's not because my build was weak or anything it's just that the deep caverns SUCK.
I've had the same experience. With Expedition content is a bit less frustrating as you go down there with a much more powerful character (or maybe it was just experience with the game), but it still sucks.
>>
>>2590373
I did DC once on normal and once on dominating and I never really had the urge togo back down there after that. Visually epic place but I wasn't a huge fan of the gameplay
>>
>the Lunatic Nuker in the Cat Room had a 500 capacity efficient shield emitter
It was such a pain to do it at level 11, but it was worth it.
>>
File: beef.png (182 KB, 442x713)
182 KB
182 KB PNG
>>2590425
>meanwhile at fort apogee
All for the low-low price of killing a few retarded antifa train bandits.
>>
are sniper builds fun? is MT sniper just popping heads with that explosive aoe spell
>>
>>2590439
I like it, it's fun to plan positioning in order to be able to snipe the whole room without having to move.
On the other hand, if you think that missing the Flurry attack on a sword build sucks you're not going to have a good time because snipers are like that on steroids.
>>
>>2590443
wait why are snipers like missing flurry what the shit. I messed with a dominating sword build in the past so I'll probably be okay with it but I have literally never touched a sniper in underrail ever
>>
>>2590445
>Shooting Spree
>Grants you an ability that when activated will cause your next sniper rifle attack to refund 100% of its action point cost if it kills the target. this will expire at the end of the turn if unused.
>Cooldown: 10 turns
>Also, killing a target with a sniper rifle reduces the cooldown of Shooting Spree and Aimed Shot by 1 turn.
Miss the first flurr- I mean, shooting spree shot and you're kinda fucked because you didn't get the AP back.
>>
>>2590445
you pop shooting spree and start killing. if you don't get a kill in one or two shots due to missing, you're going to be out of AP and just fucked yourself, wasting shooting spree. sniper in my experience was walking into a room where you have LoS of everyone, popping out of stealth and one shotting every pipeworker there. if you miss and shooting spree is wasted, you are pretty much dead unless you have a good place to sprint to.
>>
>>2590449
>>2590450
oh neat. I will try this, thanks.
>>
>>2590457
since you're no stranger to DOMINATING, i'd suggest that difficulty. when I finally tried out snipers I was sorely disappointed that I played on hard. the game became a cakewalk before level 14 and only got easier as I became more powerful. ended up getting bored not long after 16 or so.
>>
What are the XP requirements to go from 26 to 27, from 27 to 28, etc? The wiki only goes up to 25, and it's simply 1000*your current level.
>>
>>2590138
>and then build up a bandit gang that has the political stance of "i dislike the protectorate" and nothing else
Pretty sure he also improves conditions in the Drop Zone, because he has their support, and I'm also pretty sure the Protectorate question is not high enough on their priority list to be the deciding factor.
>>
Spear build gets a lot more easier after finding an energy blade emitter. That glaive ain't bad either using after using specialty points to reduce the sweep cooldown to be able to do it twice in 1 turn.
>>
https://underrail.info/build/?HgUQAwkDAwdGMgDCoAAAwqAAIwAAeHgtLXgAAABGAABMFyYrwqM6McKHw5HDklFiKhHCiMKFwrMAJ-KouwPita4H4r2EBd-_
Rate my pistol build, I want to be able to use the Wasteland Hawker late game, with the right items and stuff I could get 100% crit chance.
>>
>>2590510
have you used lemurian spear? thinking about doing a versatility build with it
>>
>70 TM gunslinger
didn't peruse. no (You) for you.
>>
>>2590520
Cut me some slack here, it's going to be my first time doing Dominating.
>>
>>2590526
okay, here's your slack; you are missing one of the most important feats for a gunslinger pistol build. a feat that is so crucial you would put proficiency points into it even. TM is a crutch but even with it you are not going to have a very good time without this feat. also, >fatal throw
lmao
>>
>>2590534
nta fatal throw can be fun once your throwing is decent to gett back some AP and fire your handgun again
>>
>>2590516
I haven't gotten that far yet and I don't think I've ever found that spear before, where in the black sea is it?
>>
>>2590534
Is it safe to assume that it's a Feat you get fairly early into the game?
>>
>>2590541
yeah, you could take it level 1, but your build would have to change quite a bit. AGI 7.
>>
>>2590544
Yeah, I thought it was either sprint or hit and run. I actually tried a gunslinger build a while ago, on Hard mind you, and I didn't trigger hit and run that often, so I thought dumping Agi for Str and get steadfast aim might be better.
>>
>>2590546
iirc steadfast aim is kind of a waste since you can get your crit very high already with food buffs and infused ratty leather. HnR is key because of the gun-fu synergy. you need to get close to your targets.
>>
>>2590548
Right, and I just checked and the refurbished Hawk's stun only works on melee range, welp, back to the drawing board then.
>>
>>2590538
its in the lemurian grand archive under port crag
>>
>>2590548
>steadfast aim is kind of a waste since you can get your crit very high already with food buffs and infused ratty leather
I decided to ignore tailoring so without the smelly rat leathers as an option it helped with crit and I had a final score (before chips+focus stim) of 60 (or 61 I'm not sure). And that was with half-decent goggles I got from Constantine + the JKK jacket. Killing T with style is a reward of its own desu.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (123 KB, 764x742)
123 KB
123 KB PNG
I made a request in a drawthread of Carnifex beating the champion of the last game the artist who would take the request played with an arena level and this is what I got.
>>
>>2590653
looks like she lost initiative
>>
File: 1651431824680.png (288 KB, 1276x332)
288 KB
288 KB PNG
finally, every single chalky native is dead. it's too bad about the women, i'd have taken a few back to lock in my basement in core city for breeding. are the pirates less annoying to wipe out, shitty jet ski combat aside? i'm so happy to be done with the endless fucking crossbow niggers and PSI cunts.
>>
Lol why did Styg even add the Free Drones as a faction choice, he could have spend time creating more protectorate quests instead. I bet only <5% of players sided with the anarkiddies instead of gunning them down with the cool-ass fashwave protectorate weaponry
>>
How come boat captains raise the price for traveling when you side with the pirates and destroy the rig but don't lower their prices if you kill all the pirates making the waterways safe?
>>
>>2590373
the first time in the deep caverns was amazing to me, on the later playthroughs it feels too long to find everything you need to get that gate open
>>
>>2591333
Last update changed it so you can skip labyrinth, at least. But you still need to do mushroom forest.
>>
Free Drones are a Fatherland (West Underrail) psyop\terroris group sent to disrupt the rightful rulers of Underrail. They send many agents dressed as refugees, gangsters, or freedom fighters to sabotage the Protectorate. This can be seen when looking at the names of many anti-Protectorate individuals and members of the Free Drones:

>Yerslovekzdinianschnik Slavorad Kokoschka: FD fighter
>Katya: Pirate member sabotaging Aegis mission in the Black Sea
>Yevgeni 'Gorsky' Zolnerowich: Not a member but sympathizes with them
>Wallace "Steel" Cholokashvilli: Founder of the Free Drones

Don't trust the Free Drones.
>>
>>2591475
I remember reading about this theory a while back (before the psi nerf). Another interesting thing is that when you get teleported to the Grey Army base if you get caught, they don't even try to detain you (even if you don't have any weapons equipt). You will be shot on sight. Even speaking English will make them hostile. There are also some refugees who say 'bre in Core City. They even talk about a war that caused them to flee but refuse to elaborate. Kokoshka also says something along the lines of "Protectorate doesn't protect anything but rather destroys". This leads me to believe the Protectorate and the Fatherland might have some contact, even fighting a few skirmishes, and that the Free Drones are a terrorist organization formed from the remnants of BioCorp and funded by the Fatherland to disrupt the Protectorate.

Tl;DR: There is evidence that the Fatherland and Protectorate might have contact and even fought a war.
>>
>>2591077
i always side with drones for nailbombs tbhdesusneedsu
>>
>>2591276
>lowering prices ever in this shitty post post posy apocalyptic world
>>
>>2591673
The only threat left are just random freelooters who usually are poorly equipped.
>>
Does the TM psi beetle cave even have a stasis mentor in it? The loot ends up disappearing if you kill the beetles so I have to try sneaking around them and I'm not sure if its worth the hassle of having to keep reloading the save before going in the cave just to get it.
>>
>>2592144
Where is the TM psi beetles cave?
>>
>>2592263
Usually somewhere near the oculus and hanging rat area in upper caves, its randomized for which psi class the dungeon is and is set when you first go into upper caves so you can end up screwing yourself over if you wanted a specific dungeon but entered the caves earlier during the game.
>>
>>2592263

I wish I saved the picture some anon posted a few threads ago but the very first time you enter those upper caves like anon said theres a 1/3 chance a hole will spawn. that hole can have like 3 or 4 different encounters. only way to reroll it is from the start.
>>
File: 1650929175063.jpg (104 KB, 840x700)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>2592474
>>
>>2591498
The dudes saying "bre" in core city seem like ex-Omega citizens considering Guzomir (I think) tells us he's from the south, that they went to CC after a war.
Fatherland is sort of pan-slavic, speaking a weird mix of various slavic languages and appearing as a mish-mash of political ideologies popular among slavs. Omega must have been more of a Yugoslav station, the former natives of Omega all have Yugo names like Bogdan and speak with Yugo expressions.

Otherwise yeah, it's highly likely that Fatherland and the Protectorate were at war at some point.
>>
File: holes.jpg (266 KB, 1089x536)
266 KB
266 KB JPG
>>2592263
>>2592474
These four zones.
>>
>>2592292
>>2592474
>>2592733
FUCK, already entered the caves a long time ago.
>>
File: holes2.jpg (666 KB, 2560x1440)
666 KB
666 KB JPG
>>2592733
These four spots in those four zones.
If you want a specific one I highly recommend saving at the Rail Crossing train and then checking the three areas north of it. If the one you want didn't spawn then load your save, walk to Rail Crossing and back to change the RNG, then check again. They should spawn before too many tries.
>>
>>2592734
It only checks when you enter the actual zone, so if you haven't been to all four of those then you still have a chance. Though if you have you're fucked.
>>
>>2592746
I went to 3 out of those 4 zones, do I still have a chance?
>>
>>2592742
What do these dungeons have of special in them? In my game the bottom right one spawned and inside the hole there were some old men hiding in the shadows wanting to kill my character
>>
>>2591498
If we're entering in underrail war theories I'd also like to note the overwhelming amount of Protectorate propaganda oddities in the GMS Omega compound, which suggests that the Protectorate had brought Omega Station to their side and used them as a proxy to go to a sudden war with SGS who has a neutral policy
>>
File: temporal.jpg (386 KB, 1920x1080)
386 KB
386 KB JPG
>>2592748
That's fine then. Just save outside it and then keep loading until you get the hole you want. Though that means you can only get one.
>>2592749
That's darkdwellers, which has nothing noteworthy. There's some minor loot but nothing exciting. They're scared of light, by the way, did you notice that? Like rathounds.
Temporal beetles cave has goliath beetles with temporal skills (contraction/dilation/recurrence/distortion). There's some good loot (hypercerebrix, 120~ quality armour/electronic/cloth parts) in there but it despawns if you kill the beetles near it because time magic. There's also a frozen explosion which disappears when you kill all of them, but there's nothing interesting behind it.
Plasma beetles cave has goliath beetles with plasma beam. At the end there's a plasma beam mentor, so that's cool if you're metathermics.
If your system clock is set to near Saint Patrick's day then you can get the leprechaun cave. If you have enough persuasion/mercantile you can buy https://www.stygiansoftware.com/wiki/index.php?title=Bespoke_Buckle_Shoes off him which is cool.
>>
>>2592758
Nice finds
>>
File: exothermic.jpg (443 KB, 1920x1080)
443 KB
443 KB JPG
>>2592758
Plasma beetles also know exothermic. And have lots of health.
>>
>>2592758
So there's no stasis? That sucks, the MT cave gets to have plasma beam.
>>
fuck this bitch. i swear i have exhausted every dialog option and checked the portraits and the health report. god damn whore
>>
File: 1648436578307.png (148 KB, 1123x291)
148 KB
148 KB PNG
>>2592801
shes got me so annoyed i forgot the picture!
>>
File: 1644318106213.png (591 KB, 680x1148)
591 KB
591 KB PNG
>plan to invest some points in PK, MT, and TC just to unlock mainframe lore entries
>discover that the newish lunatic helmet adds +95 to all those skills by itself in the relevant area
Usually Styg taketh away, but sometimes he giveth.
>>
wtf was that music cypher puzzle bullshit on the nexus of technology?? It it even worth the time?
>>
Long time since I last played; Is abusing that temporal spell still the top tier thing?
>>
>>2592897
Yes.
>>
>>2592889
No its not.
>>
what's a good noob build?
>>
>>2592889
It gets you 5 experience and a 1 weight jackhammer. You can use a solver if you don't want to do it yourself.
>>
File: 1623111799370.gif (1.52 MB, 500x375)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB GIF
>>2592903
bravo, all these fucking changes and still not properly adjusted
>>
>>2592989
Gotta sell the expansion somehow. It's not like people are going to buy it for the wonderful experience of exploring Crimson Meadow or Fetid Marsh, or fighting several hundred natives.
>>
>>2592755
This might explain why Gorsky hates the Protectorate. But if this is true why would SGS tolerate someone like Vera who worked for the United Stations. Someone like this would obviously try to integrate the station into the Protectorate.
>>
should i play a hammer wizard?
>>
>>2593322
Your dubs say you should.
>>
>>2593326
i guess that's that. where's one of the resident hammerfags to redpill me on a hammer wizard build?
>>
>>2586753
PSA from my experience: 165 quality super steel plates give exactly the same stats as 180 quality super steel plates when used as reinforcement in metal armour. The quality of the first plate matters a lot, though, make sure it's as high as possible.
>>
>>2592889
I've done it enough times that I can crack it in about 10 minutes no sweat, but I had to invest time to figure it out initially and set up a notepad document for quickly solving it.
I'm too tech-retarded to use the solver so I don't bother.
>>2593333
Checked
>>
File: styg.png (28 KB, 649x184)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
>>
>>2593435

so still a few years away then

great
>>
>>2592758
Other thing to note is that you can give him some high quality bear as well. Outwork works but I'm going see if any dialogue changes for something like absence.
>>
>>2593449
>so still a few years away then
Did you expected anything else?
>>
>>2593454

was hoping there would be something playable this year but alas
>>
>>2592931
ar tin can.
>>
>>2592989
>begging for more garbage nerfs in a singleplayer game that has seen good builds nerfed repeatedly with no compensation
Why are you like this?
>>
>>2593506
t. dips on TM every build with 3 Will
>>
>>2593518
t. retard zoomer with no self control
>>
>>2593518
NTA and I'm fine with TM being good.
Last 3 characters I've made have been PSI-less, and the last 2 I've relied for the most part on unique or bought gear. Just because there is an option that is overwhelmingly good it doesn't mean that you should use it on every occasion.
>>
>>2592989
Maybe one day they will buff hammers
>>
>>2593518
have sone self control
>>
>>2592758
>If your system clock is set to near Saint Patrick's day then you can get the leprechaun cave.
I wanted to see if I could find the midget and I got lucky on my first try. Too bad it bugged out and I couldn't get out of the hole after I got the shoes.
>>
>>2592758
i had no idea there were seasonal events in this game the fuck.
>>
>>2593523
>>2593529
I never take TM, but I will mock the niggas that take TM every build, just like they did prior to the Force Field nerf, dipping on PK and psi along TM to basically 'win more'
>>
>>2593547
Why don't you just think for yourself and tailor a build to personal desired challenge level?
>>
how the hell do i do the newton quest on dominating with a sword. too many goddamn psibugs
>>
>>2593636
could either be a total jew with your monies and buy some molotovs from fixer in junkyard(along with cheesing a shield, not that'd it help, but the 200 charons are nice).

you can also just abuse the door to work their numbers down. i recently played with a sword on dominating and this quest, which is notoriously troublesome, was easier than expected. maybe I just got lucky.
>>
>>2593636
Sneak + beartraps.
>>
>>2593649
I might go grab a grenade or molotov. I’ve been using the door cheese but there are 3 left and they’re huddled up. Been testing my patience trying to get only one in
>>
>>2593652
>beartraps
oh my fuck i feel so stupid
>>
>>2593550
I already do that, but other niggas dont, I find that annoying and I don't like it
>>
>>2593698
>i don't like how other people play a singleplayer game
Take your meds, alice.
>>
>>2593710
When you stop dipping TM on every fucking 3 Will, I will (eh)
>>
TM isn't the problem. The problem is that enemies deal too much damage. When anything short of full tank-mode will get you killed in a single round, your options obviously become full-tank, or full glass cannon, there's no in between. If the enemy can attack you, you're dead. So not only is that -20% HP a meaningless penalty with that design philosophy, but you might as well run around at 30% HP with SI as well.

What makes TM good? It allows glass cannon builds +1 round to clear the screen, gives you more AP so you are more likely to clear the screen, and more MP to optimally position to clear the screen. For tanks, it's primarily a mobility tool, since the 30 AP isn't impacted by armor penalty. Nobody pisses their pants over it being useful for tanks, because it's highly optional. For non-tanks, it doesn't feel optional, because anything that isn't augmenting your alpha strike is trash, and other psi trees are garbage without a lot of investment.

Either add more low investment utility options to other trees to spice things up, and scale psi slots off of will down to 1 slot at 3 will if you're feeling particularly nasty, or reduce enemy damage so we aren't stuck in this shitty dichotomy of pure defense vs pure offense.
>>
>>2593952
>When anything short of full tank-mode will get you killed in a single round, your options obviously become full-tank, or full glass cannon, there's no in between.
I disagree. Having some moderate protection and mobility helps against most threats even as a 3 CON weakling. The only problem (at least on DOMINATING) is the TC enemies use Bilocation and there is no defense from that unless you have TC yourself (and even then it's not guaranteed that you'll survive the round).
>So not only is that -20% HP a meaningless penalty with that design philosophy, but you might as well run around at 30% HP with SI as well.
I also disagree on this, I'm playing right now a CONlet and I have survived encounters with single digits HP multiple times just because I have still enough HP to keep the incoming damage (mitigated by evasion, an half-decent shield and a ballistic vest) manageable. Had I chosen to sacrifice a seemingly low amount of HP for PSI, I would've had to rely on PSI to give me enough defense and offense to survive and that's not even a bad thing desu.
>>
>>2593993
Psi users will easily kill you in one round. Melee will easily kill you in one round. Bowniggers will easily kill you in one round. Snipers will easily kill you in one round. There aren't any non-trivial enemies that can't kill you in one turn. You win the first round, or you will probably die. Having a handful of times where you barely survive with single digits being the exception, not the rule, supports my argument. Take the survival instincts pill and you'd likely have come out with full health.
>>
>>2594037
>Psi users will easily kill you in one round.
Only had problems against TC fags, luckily the have a name tag displaying the degree of faggotry they master so I know who to hose down with an healthy amount of bullets first.
>Melee will easily kill you in one round.
Movement, bre. I could've easily invested the 40 dodge requirement for Uncanny Dodge too as I have 10 AGI for Blitz, but I've decided against it seeing that the only melee enemy I have issues with is the roof niggers and I can simply choose to ignore the maps they're in or just cheese them.
>Bowniggers will easily kill you in one round.
>Snipers will easily kill you in one round.
Gotta hit me for that to happen, and it doesn't really happen with movement + high evasion.
>You win the first round, or you will probably die.
Seems wrong to me, I have made it up to level 20 with most non-trivial fights lasting for a couple of rounds. Still not using psi.
>Having a handful of times where you barely survive with single digits being the exception, not the rule, supports my argument.
How does that even supports your argument? I live BECAUSE I didn't invest in PSI, not the opposite.
>Take the survival instincts pill and you'd likely have come out with full health.
I'd rather take 9 CON and mitigate the damage, fuck your gay shit.
>>
>>2594096
>haha nothing ever hits me, i just kill everything first
>this is somehow different than killing enemies before they can attack me
>oh and i evade every attack and melee can never gap close me
Poe's law in full effect here.
>>
underrail is a fun game and I like it very much.
>>
>>2594100
>haha nothing ever hits me, i just kill everything first
Read again what I wrote.
>>
>>2594110
Once was enough, and no, building the great wall of beartraps and covering it in gas and fire and then running away does not in fact count as surviving multiple rounds of combat.
>>
>>2594121
>implying I use bear traps
>or caltrops
I do admit to gas use, but only for fun.
Fire I make deliberate use to proc Ambush with, but I have shit throwing and right now shit chemistry too so only the most diluted gasoline is used.
This makes me think, are you saying that if you don't use throwing and traps and have PSI AIDS and have 3 CON and no shield and no armor then you need to use TM or you just die when you load a save?
>>
>>2594135
I'm saying that when you F9 until you achieve your desired outcome, and then mentally erase everything that led up to that point, you probably shouldn't be discussing balance.
>>
>>2594135

you arent good at underrail unless you can beat the game without dipping into any skill obviously get good faggot

0 skill dom run when
>>
>>2594138
I agree wholeheartedly to that.
>>
>>2593017
Since only you explored the lower GMS compounds this knowledge would be subtle so no one else in SGS knows about the protectorate's involvement. I guess the true reason for the Omega x SGS war is one of the few non-meta mysteries that the NPCs don't have an exact answer to explain to you. For a reason.
>>
oh my god why is my chance to hit with a sword so fucking low on dominating? im level 18 for fucks sake and lurkers near the based drones are under 80%, which may as well be 0% chance to hit.
>>
>>2594298
It's styg's way of saying grab flashbangs and rubber ball grenades and nets and any attack ability to immobilize enemies
Also to throw flares for increased hit change
>>
>Styg adds a bunch of botched subpar melee weapons
>but he didn't add a single bayonet
>>
>>2594347
tfw no mosin or sks with bayonet at gray army
>>
>>2594337
admittedly there is some enjoyment in having a visor so I can run up to faggots and flashbang my feet. rushed electronics early for a taser and use dirty kick as well, but why does it have to come to this? i haven't tried other melee weapons on dominating, only hard, is this shitty hit chance just a sword thing?
>>
>>2594337
It's strange how stingballs are so rare. You get loads of flashbangs from dead enemies, and you can easily buy them, and if you want you can mass produce them pretty too since magnesium is common. Meanwhile stingballs are never used by enemies, never sold in shops, and making them yourself requires you to go to multiple places to buy enough rubber to make a single one. And the blueprint is harder to get too. And then after all that they're not even very good since they have a huge list of drawbacks compared to flashbangs. Like what's even the point?
>>
File: gummydicks.gif (1.44 MB, 500x260)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB GIF
>get fitted out for a major dungeon
>30 mixed traps, spare 100 special bolts, assortment of nades
>Inventory: 122/130
>>
>>2594462
You are playing 3 STR lanklet build
You knew what you were singing up
Dont complain
You dug you grave, now lie in it
>>
>>2594462
Do like me and always carry in your inventory the following:
>rathound regalia
>infused pig strider boots
>weightlifting belt
>carry weight food for extreme situations
>>
File: 1634744799810.png (455 KB, 960x578)
455 KB
455 KB PNG
>CONlets
lmaoing at ur lyfe
>>
>>2594462
if you are relying on traps to that extent and it's not The Beast then your build is just trash
>>
>>2594503
>if you are relying on traps
Uses Ambush and Deadly Snares to get 100% crit chance, old skool xbow build. And I pay for and actually use acid blob traps.
>>
>>2594510
If you have ambush you don't need deadly snares.
>>
>>2594510
oh. as long as you are having fun then, anon! crossbows are cool :)
>>
Anons please spoonfeed me a build. I am a chronic reroller with over 200 hours in game without ever making it to Core City.
Requirements:
>hard difficulty
>10 Will
>hybrid of any kind
ty anons
>>
>>2594520
i had about 350 hours before I killed Tchort[./spoiler] trying new things is truly a part of the game. if you insist on will, try playing 10 WIL with pumped DEX chemical pistols. INT was the other stat I had boosted. Ice, Fire, and Acid pistols, with metathermics destroyed DOMINATING for me. there's only 2 chemical pistol feats, so it's very customizable. dont get meme'd by versatility, and take quick pockets early.
>>
>>2594529
What's wrong with versatility? Seems like the way to go if you want to dump PER.
>>
>>2594533
chem pistols are essentially a CC build. there's no need for anything that versatility offers; as a CONlet you cannot risk getting hit. enemies will be rooted and LoS abused, feared from flames, or frozen solid. any one-shotting or burst damage comes from Psyonic Mania AoE spells after you've grouped them from rooting at a chokepoint or using stasis.
>>
>>2594520
Why 10 will? If you're only set on it to get infodumps from monoliths then you can temporarily get +4 from items, so you only need base 6. Makes character building a little easier.
>>
>debating whether I should do a dominating blobpistols run or a normal versatility shotgun spear run or normal versatility shield bash spear run w/ lemurian spear cannon
>>
>>2584082
I actually did this and it was kino. I read every voice of Ladelmans in a really southern redneck voice and it made it 10x more funny.
>>
>>2594121
I wanted to do that except only to punch anyone caught in them. Sadly the sure step specialization acts like using bear traps on coil spiders. Making it basically useless except for that area in the gauntlet.
>>
So, first time playing expeditions.
Getting attacked a second time, since the first one I'd prepared with caltrops, bear traps, and turned the Naga on after CIFF reprogramming.

But somehow always about halfway thru the fight the Naga goes hostile?
This guy bumrushes the beach and it doesn't look like he gets damaged from bear traps or caltrops he stumbles upon, but maybe the retard sec-troopers throw HE grenades that hit him?

i dunno how to proceed with this, I don't wanna lose the robot out of convoluted stygian AI aoe friendly fire faggotry
>>
>>2594629
I believe caltrops can set him off but I think that's only because it's already injured. Sometimes they don't but when it didn't set off for me they were at full health.
It might just be a health threshold thing.
>>
>>2594633
Thanks.

Babysat the lil' nigga and it went better. Unfortunately can't say the same for the sec-trooper who stayed put on the eastern flank and got bumrushed and died. Guess there'll always be losses thanks to AI.

I noticed the dead sec-trooper had an aegis patch oddity; is there any way to grab these wihtout turning the camp hostile? I don't have points in pickpocketing, and it seems the allies on the beach are hardcoded to have 10000 detection because you can't stealth loot their comrades at all.
>>
>>2594676
Pretty sure they investigate noise, so you should be able to distract them with a grenade and steal it then. Detection doesn't matter if they're out of sight range.
I guess you probably left the map already though.
>>
>>2594768
Good tip, but yeah, I'd left already and they put the dead guy in a coffin.

Guess I gotta wait for the next invasion and casualty.
>>
>>2594547
Fuck I'm a retard, you're completely right.
>>
Does anyone have any suggestions for kicking a nimble tin can addiction?
>>
>>2592755
>>2593017
>>2594255
Whether or not protectorate propaganda in Omega really means anything I don't know, because there's protectorate propaganda in the Ironhead's base too. There is, however, ALSO an Omega ID tag in the Ironhead's base. It makes sense that there'd be protectorate propaganda there though as there's protectorate propaganda all over lower underrail anyway, AND it's decently close to Core City.
The Omega ID tag probably means that there's an Ironhead which was at one point a part of Omega station, kept the tag as a memory of his old home.

I feel it's more likely that Omega wanted to take down SGS in order to maybe strengthen their ties to the Protectorate, try to show them that they could really stand on their own. It would have been optimal for the Protectorate and it's puppet the US to get both SGS and Omega territory, that coupled with Rail Crossing would have united a big chunk of south underrail. Tanner said it was started by hotheads, mostly on Omega's side, so it's possible that Omega wanted to show that they'd be a good addition to the Protectorate by killing the neighbours, ending up genocided themselves. Good riddance I suppose.

One question I've always wondered though: Did the Protectorate gas the train Anastasia was in? I feel like it's highly likely the CAU would have done that under orders, but at the same time it doesn't seem their style as it was loaded with northerners. It also checks with the Drone's MO i.e. guerrilla warfare resulting in tons of innocent people dead in the name of "le wholesome chungus revolution". Still, a gas attack would be novel for them, and that train full of northerners would have been a good false-flag attack. What do you think bros?
>>
>>2593322
>>2593333
You rang?
Do you need help hammerin'?
>>
>>2594945
i always assumed gas attack on the train was an inside job but you never know
>>
>>2594959
there he is. tell me the hammer wizard ways.
>>
>>2594977
What you want to know in specific?
>>
>>2594981
what PSI schools? how much Will? any non-obvious must-have or cheeky feats?
>>
>>2594984
>what PSI schools?
1, PK
If you want, TC to handle Doppels then sure go ahead
>Will
7, for general casting and getting Force User

>Feats
Force User, Corporeal Projection, Stoicism, Conditioning, Last Stand, Fast Metabolism, Thick Skull, Juggernaut, Pummel, if you want get Super Slam (comes online super late unless you main spiked hammers) and Dirty Kick (DK with flashbang opening is insane), also Expose Weakness, Yell and if you want Brutality helps too. Yell hardcounters stealthy niggers and crawlers REALLY hard
>>
>>2594988
no armor to max movement? other than sergio's hat, of course
>>
>>2594945
False flag attack to make the Free Drones look bad is not needed, they do all of that by themselves.
I'm not saying that the US/Protectorate wouldn't do it, but not for those reasons. Maybe to kill a political enemy while also getting more support to crush the Drones but afaik that's not the case.
>>
>>2594991
No, you are a full blown tin can
Dense padding shaded visor tungsten helmet
Quad tungsten regen vest armor
Tungsten dense padding metal boots reinforced with more tungsten
Cram as much tungsten as humanly possible

Hammer wizard is not a sissified weakling wizard, hes AN ABSOLUTE UNIT, a proper tank, you get hit, tank the damage and return the favour with the same coin
And yes, youre stuck at 95% armor penalty, and 0 MP, learn to live and play as a literal boulder
>>
>>2595008
Forgot to mention that you should still craft psi headbands
PK headband with mufflers and TK Punch filter if you want to TK Punch something very dodgy to oblivion
And TC headband with mufflers (or psi chance addon) and Neural Overload filter, so you can easily kill mystery niggas (doppels)
>>
>>2593468
Bro there's like three people working on the game at best and they are building their engine from the ground up. Plus it's an rpg so way more complexity involved in the code as well. Idk what you can expect but we will probably see early access in four or five years on steam
>>
>>2595070
Also why dev time is so slow is because styg simply couldn't let go of underrail. He has been updating a single player game for years but hopefully his autism is fully directed at infusion now.
>>
>>2594988
Not him but I'm semi-interested, how much con? Most Psi builds I've seen all generally start with 10 con, should starting stats be 7 will 8 con or something like that?
>>
>>2595075
What is your problem with Styg giving the final touches to the base game? Do you want infusion THAT badly to the point you want the devs to abandon the base game?
>>
>>2595115
+10 STR
10 CON
7 Will (for Force User and Stoicism, you can modify if you want)
5 INT (for expose weakness) (you bump it to 6 to get another psi slot and Premeditation)
The rest on 3, PER AGI DEX
>>
>>2595116
>nerfing some rando builds in a sp game almost ten years in development
Other than some cool new quest or some new dungeon I don't give a fuck about styg's finishing touches to a 10 year old game. Nobody cared about the last few updates cept for a handful of autists, thank god he is working on infusion full time now.
>>
>>2595118
Cool, might try a playthrough on hard with that some time.
>>
>>2595120
>Nobody cared about the last few updates
Wrong, also dumb opinion
>cept for a handful of autists
Do you know where you are? Everyone playing Underrail is on the spectrun in major or lesser degree
>>
>>2594945
I don't know about Anastasia. It could have been lore or game limitations but the way Styg had to make CAU a thing turns the odds completely unbalanced
>hey just so you know we're the CAU, the only major special gas unity that is know to mercilessly gas people in Underrail. Just like the acid hunters specialize in acid attacks, we specialize in gas attacks
>>
>hit enemy with sweep
>my impale misses even with the enemy off balance
What the actual fuck? This has happened more than once too.
>>
>>2595361
Hammerfag says youre green, my boy
Countless missed super slams during off balance, or miss super slam then crit pummel afterwards
These things happen. A lot. Get used to it.
>>
>>2595014
>>2595008
alright, sounds like a plan. had to abandon my Knight build so I may as well spin up a new DOMINATING run as melee canned food. barely just dabbled in PK in the past and never used a hammer, so I'm expecting to have fun. there's a reason I'm reminded to play this build daily, right?
>>
>>2595361
If you want reliability use psi abilities, not weapon attacks.
>>
>>2595361
>miss attack
>WOW THIS GAME IS SHIT
95% chance to hit doesn't mean a god damned thing buddy. you roll the fucking dice and you deal with the results(or press f9).
>>
>>2595400
70% chance to his usually feels closer to 30%. I usually expect to miss most shots at less than 85% chance to hit.
>>
>>2595415
yeah, agreed. 95% feels like the baseline, "i'll probably hit" number, and anything below 80% may as well just be 0-1% hit chance.
>>
>>2595415
Depends on the weapon, really.
Playing with AR makes the 20-30% hit chance look like a sure kill, but if you use swords you'll scream about shit luck and fake numbers at anything lower than 96%.
>>
>>2595400
I've had a better luck in gacha rolls than hitting things in this game though
>>
>>2595433
that's part of the fun :)
>>
File: Spoiler Image (15 KB, 100x100)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>Do JKK questline

Damn. I like how Styg doesn't pull the punches on the whole cynicism, the world doesn't care about you the player type stuff.
But it seems pretty contrived that there's all this build-up and characterization with Vivian, branching conversation choices, playing question and answer about the past and how the main char feels about his travels and the various stations, then the date for the Hardcore Bar, only to end in a offscreen death rugpull

Oh well. At least Ola opened his shop sold me a quality 127 plasma core, so I guess that mostly makes up for it.
>>
File: 1646284012708.jpg (424 KB, 1277x1758)
424 KB
424 KB JPG
>>2595449
she will be a romanceable NPC in Infusion.
>>
>>2595449
It's back when Styg's quest design philosophy for the game was "the world doesn't give a shit and you're not meant to know everything", but that largely changed over the years.
>>
>>2595449
Just finished Protectorate's questline for the first time, easily the worst out of the three Oligarchs. Not even a waifu fag, but why is JKK's so superior over the other 2? Coretech is alright I guess, tracking down that guy and getting trapped in Zaman's lair, but Praetorian is so so weak, fuck, didn't even have enough Will for the Crystals down there.
>>
>>2595502
>Protectorate's questline
Fuck, meant Praetorian´s
>>
>>2595502
B-but the rat quest is cool...
>>
>>2595502
It's for a simpler kind of man: zone pipeworkers, get XP, all a man could want.
>>
>>2595505
It's fairly simple and straightforward, but memorable I guess; having the crystals locked behind this questline just ruined it for me though.
>>2595508
Sure, I guess that's my issue with the faction, it's too simple, I had the impression that all oligarchs have this sinister side, constant backstabbing and such. Praetorian are just simple good guys, it would have been more fun if one of the missions had us killing Zoners trying to start a riot or something like that.
>>
>>2595512
Them being directly behind starting the arena frames them in enough of a sinister light though, doesn't it? While all of the Oligarchs pitch in for the arena with which they televise people beating eachother to death, Praetorian decided that this would be a better alternative than just killing all the gangbangers in Core City, which they probably could have done. Their missions are more "kill these mercenaries, they're a problem to us". Nothing to do with making Core City a better place or anything, just blast a bunch of mercs, take their stuff, and report back. The only difference I guess would be the fight with the psi-powered rathound, since that was about a big - theoretical - threat to Core City as a whole. That was more survival than heroism though. For all their talk of order through strenght, they kind of don't do much of anything to make the city better.
It's simple, sure, but it's more self-serving than good in any way.

Before that Knight and likely Stratford were part of Biocorp's army, which would make them sinister enough on their own honestly.
>>
>>2595521
Yes, I agree with you. I just expected their missions to be something other than go here, kill these dudes, report back, fairly weak compared to most quests in this game. I guess there is some backstabbing stuff such as de Pacino's men being funded by Core Tech.
>>
>>2595394
>there's a reason I'm reminded to play this build daily, right?
Im severely autistic, and an animal of routine, but yes, unironically Hammer Wizard is a well rounded build with few drawbacks, while also being newbie friendly

I said it on the past thread, people that often got too used to the vicitudes of 3 con faggotry will enjoy being a muscle wizard encased in tungsten, swinging Balor's and casting F I S T, double critting for 3000 damage

After this I recommend you to play as a berserker hammerfag, basically a tanky but agile psiless hammerfag, the closest you can get to a 'Barbarian' build in this game
>>
>>2595502
Coretech is the best because they have plasma grenade blueprints.
>>
>>2595583
Their costumes are cringe though so i only picking them if i'm playing with energy pistols
>>
>>2595606
I never use any of the faction gear so that doesn't matter to me.
>>
>>2595531
your autism is well warrented in this case. picking up both Corporeal Projection and Force User very early, along with Electronics to make a taser has made this the easiest time on DOMINATING yet. looking forward to see my power grow. truly cannot wait to get to core city and shove my hammer up Carnifex's ass
>>
Quick question, the taser's chance to stun is not determined by the quality of the electroshock generator, right? Only the damage gets modified?
>>
>>2583618
Did you retards even have math in school? How the FUCK can you get confused by this
>>
File: bullshit.png (235 KB, 540x540)
235 KB
235 KB PNG
>>2596283

right but if the enemy resists teh damage they dont get stunned, thus having a higher damage range is better.
>>
>>2596421
It's worth noting that electricity DT is pretty rare. The only time taser quality is relevant is against bladelings and enemies with galvanic tactical vests/riot gear, and you only need like 45 quality to beat their DT 100% of the time. Pretty much every other enemy has either 0 DT so you don't need to worry, or has way too much so they're effectively immune no matter what you do. Or they're a spider and they're literally immune. Fucking spiders.
>>
>>2595981
Dont fuck Carnifex, he still can easily kick your ass, even as a tungsten tank
Crippling strike, cheap shots and bone breaker with stupid high crits and 300 skill reducing yell will mess you up
>>
wtf is this annie-may whore doing in my srpksa bideogame
>>
>>2596557
That's a cool portrait, do you mind posting it?
>>
File: Stupid Elevator.png (2.06 MB, 1920x1080)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB PNG
So I finally reached the the faceless invasion of the institute, but how the fuck do I make the elevator go down to the deep caverns?
>>
>>2596863
how do you make an elevator go down in real life?
>>
>>2596873
Ofc i know, but the problem is that there is no fucking interactable button in this shitty faggot elevator.
>>
>>2596910
Bre... You have the interaction option set to "locked", click the icon on the right of your bar at the bottom of the screen.
>>
>>2596927
Fuck. I feel like such an idiot by having nearly 300 hours in this game, but still not know this was an option...
Thanks anyway
>>
>>2596557
That's just your typical post apocalyptic punk girl, the actual off putting anime character is Aran.
>>
>>2596937
if it's any consolation, I have 450 hours and never knew that was an option, thus not pointing it out to you before.
>>
File: Sol_h.png (78 KB, 200x200)
78 KB
78 KB PNG
>>2596660
Sure. It's from a Starsector pack, actually, that I liked and adapted.

But there's a lot on there that would've made good Underrail portaits
>>
File: Spoiler Image (34 KB, 467x194)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>2596943
Hopefully Infusion won't be anywhere near Hexagon, I can't really stand those fags.
>>
>Abandoned waterway facility
the gameplay of this place is pretty dogshit
>>
>>2596937
Dont feel too bad anon I did the same thing after the interaction lock was added.
>>
>>2597055
>huge dungeon with tons of mutie fodder to slaughter
>great loot
>dogshit
skill issue
>>
>>2596491
we'll see. I just blew through depot A without any trouble, and left off in core city. hopefully won't get filtered by any gladiators before Carnie. is it worth doing phreak's quest to gain access to Contact-Activated Capacitative Sheet? i've never done his quests because the rewards never seem to be worth the trouble, but with a hammer I can see the appeal. this isn't a 10% placebo like gun oil.
>>
>>2597359
>hopefully won't get filtered by any gladiators before Carnie
Chemical agent and Stygian Exorcist will pretty much filter you unless you win Initiative.
>Is it worth doing phreak's quest to gain access to Contact-Activated Capacitative Sheet?
I actually never completed the phone music puzzle because I get feed up rather quickly of it, sorry I cant help, as matter of fact you will be illuminating me about this reward
>>
At what point does meta tear through mutants? They are my only major roadblock and I don’t have orb or plasma beam yet

I am around level 13
>>
>>2597467
Orb helps a lot. Massive damage since they have no armour, and it hits them with multiple stacks of chill to eat all their move points so they can't get in range to attack you back. If you're level 13 you should be close to getting it, so just a little longer.
>>
>>2597349
It's not the difficulty, it's the jarring mix of elements between stealth ground stuff and unstealthed jetski stuff, unstealthing turrets, wonderful innovations like coil spider webs on water, jetski part loot that weighs tons and requires 3x slow ass trips back to rig just to collect. All while giving barely any new oddities on account of spamming enemy types you've already exhausted on junkyard, and only relevant only for 1 crappy quest for 1xp.

It's not like its harder than the rest of the game. It's just a chore, mechanically.
>>
>>2597636
You can disable the turrets before you ever see them if you go the right way, and you never have to fight on jetskis if you don't want to. You do need to kill at least two groups but you can do it from land.
The wiki says the mission is worth 2xp and you can get another 5 xp from unique oddities in there, so I don't think it's that unrewarding either.
>>
>The gauntlet
Wow, this is even more dogshit than abandoned waterways
>>
>>2597686
It randomly picks four out of eight maps so sometimes it's okay. But sometimes it picks shit ones and isn't fun at all.
>>
>>2597783
I got the one with the roll-up door mega maze. Not fun.

Also it seems the opposing runners have some sort of rubberband quest timing triggers and will catch up to you in the final room no matter how fast you are.

Oh well, at least it's over and I got my 5xp
>>
>>2597858
The maze floor is the worst one, yeah. Fuck that shit. The burrower and spider floors are bad too but nowhere near as bad as the maze.
The AI doesn't rubberband, but its speed is based on how long you took on previous floors. If you take too long enough then it can become impossible to beat them, unless you have stasis and can turn invincible to dodge the electricity. Pretty sure Styg never patched that out.
>>
>>2597656

so you need persuasion(i think 60 or 70?) in order to even complete that quest the right way, in order to get the other 3 oddity exp which you have to have high ass stealth to grab it before they either see you as well since its in a shelf next to the rigmaster.
>>
>>2598124
Did you somehow miss Drilldozer? He drops broken grabber module which is 3 xp. Also his unique armour that nobody uses.
>>
why isn't qojqva playing for liquid anymore?
>>
>>2598202
lol stupid motioner
>>
>>2598202

he got zoned out in the arena bre
>>
>>2597858
Maze floor has a trick to it
Follow the doors in an R-G-B pattern, that means that once you get past a red door go to a green one, then a blue one, then a red one, then a green one and so on until it leads to the exit.
>>2597871
It's patched. Softlocks you IIRC
>>
File: bossfight.jpg (251 KB, 1280x720)
251 KB
251 KB JPG
DOMI bladeling barbeque:

25 bear traps, 10 blob traps (optional), 6-8 brap grenades, 12-15 mk. IV HE grenades (Grenadier and temporal increment optional), ranged attack of choice. Season with three bags of cave ear caltrops. Following this recipe no bladecuck should reach the top of the stairs.
>>
>>2598472
Report back if you get dominated.
>>
Wish this game had a randomizer
>>
>I'm looking to buy 3 firearms
>30k transaction
>I'm looking to buy 3 medicines/foodstuffs
>1k transaction
Serb moment
>>
>>2597783
The burrower and electrical rooms are the worst.
>>
>>2598519
This is something that would make me replay the game.
>>
How much will do you need for psi builds when you aren't doing TM or pure psi?
>>
>>2599019
Depends for utility PK and TM are prob the in middle while MT is is the worst to go half with it since it more feat and scale dependent.

PK mostly have emission and the electric trap skill going for it while they do scale you'll be good at around 70/100 if your not fully investing. Grounding also is decent for blocking pathways and doors with 1 enemy grounded then the forcefield. Force user can be the only feat to pick and you'll be fine.

For TC Locust of Control is the main thing you want but that's 10 a will requirement. And it's mostly for enrage, pajections are decent for in melee range but it scales so at min you'll have 3 misses on you. Only other thing is now bilocation ghosts are easier to deal with. At min have 75 skill just for LOC. Predation is decent for areana fights and bosses but not much else. The interruption ability is also meh except for LOC on psi beetles but enrage exist.
>>
Anyone wondering what are the results for handing the leprechaun booze here are they.

>All-In just refreshing apparently
>Abscence trips balls "Neat," save before doing this
>Sleight if Night he thinks about pickpocketing you
>Jet Drag herbal taste
Outwork, slampipe and scrapperarc similar enough text nothing special
>Mushroom Martini apparently his favorite "Prob has LSD"
>Slackjaw "Yeaaaaah"
>Laylow "Dry"
>Ice of Spades "cold go figure"

Forget to test Juice and regular brew though need another save to see. Its prob not enough to let him have you pay to make you shoes with regular brew. If you dont persuasion or mercantile high enough.
>>
File: 1623882979496.png (255 KB, 880x880)
255 KB
255 KB PNG
any tips on a knife build? everything ive read so far is that its kind of mediocre and relies on crits (apparently some enemies are immune to crits?)
I am planning on supplementing with throwing bombs if I need it for some more difficult encounters

also, how bad of an idea is it to mix together weapon skills? like if I went melee, throwing for grenades, and crossbows
seems like I might stretch it too thin, I really just want some fun stealth gameplay
>>
>>2599166
Use energy and shock knives.
>>
>>2599166
Melee+throwing is fine. Melee+crossbows is not fine.
>>
>>2599133
What language is this?
>>
File: WHO ARE THEM.jpg (53 KB, 999x143)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>2599259
The same language Yogi writes in, I think.
Really, though, it's pretty comprehensible. You should be able to comprehend it.
>>
>super-steel stygian coins in the many kilos needed to melt into plates
>somehow weight 0 lbs and fit in the player's pockets without problem
ugh... styg isn't making this game hardcore enough, it's too easy even on domi to pick up a couple of guns and jetski suspension systems and become a multimillionare who has convenient access to his liquid capital at any given moment.

I remember in FOnline where me and some russians would have to actually get a couple of brahmin and spend a few, tense hours transporting the heavy load of a few millions of caps we made at Hub over to our base near New Reno, fearing ambush all the way
>>
>>2599273
Despite making up 1/5th of the development team Yogi is responsible for 80% of typos
>>
>Finally meet ferryman
>learn savescumming is canon

Nice. Also, can hypercerebrix let you get the highest tier philosophy feat? I'd be taking it from 8 to 10int, I guess I should do it before talking about the deeper metaphysical schizo theories with him
>>
>>2599326
Hypercerebrix works. People used to stack all-in+hypercerebrix to get it even on stupid characters. Not that easy now, but +2 still helps.
>>
File: unbennant.jpg (358 KB, 1920x1080)
358 KB
358 KB JPG
>>2599384
Right. I popped it before I went on the deepest stuff about ascension and civilizational burden and got the philo III without problems

Now what drugs should I take to understand music theory
>>
File: rekt.webm (540 KB, 854x480)
540 KB
540 KB WEBM
i hate music btw
>>
>>2599390
Take nootropics irl or just use the online solver if you don't want to bother.
>>
>>2599404
>Psi is overpo-
>>
Wow, this was even more dogshit than the gauntlet
>>
File: spedepasanen.jpg (33 KB, 600x683)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
Like, it takes a special kind of 'fuck you' to the player to simulate data corruption on a cipher puzzle.
>>
>>2599591
that only happens in dominating
i remember normal/hard having a normal cipher puzzle
>>
>>2599606
I really like the idea of scaling not just combat but also the puzzles alongside the difficulty option. But data corruption on a word puzzle is plain gay.

Also, even after I finished the text I had to bruteforce the non-string numbers because there's no indication (at least what I found) if the number / note mapping goes 12345... or 01234...
I guess that was intended as well.

Took me so long to do the cypher the creepers respawned. Styg is a fucking nigger.
>>
>>2599613
he trully is the blackest fucking gorilla negroid.
you are not wrong.
>>
>>2599642
>blackest fucking gorilla negroid
even worse, and may allah forgive me for uttering this phrase, but he is a s*rb
>>
>>2599613
Skill issue, dominating is adjusted to be easy for Serbians to play.
>>
>>2599670
Dominating ruined discussing this game online t. finished it
>>
>>2599384
>>2599326
I was complaining a couple threads ago about the Ferryman not telling me about the shard, despite what people said about having to open the Arch Keep what you really also need to do to make him more talkative to you is getting into that philosophy stuff, I'm not sure what level you need it at but after boosting my intelligence and getting the philosophy level 2 feat the ferryman then finally told me about the shard and was willing to give me his radio channel and whatnot.
>>
>>2599875
He's just a lonely old man with no one to listen to his ramblings
>>
So how good are the refurbished weapons? Are they competitive to the crafted one? Will I be able to win the game without crafting a single weapon?
>>
>>2600335
>shotguns
no
>ARs
yes
>pistols
very yes
>snipers
yes(but not the Black Arrow)
>smgs
idk
>>
>>2600351
How good is the Wasteland Hawk? You could get it down to 9 AP with bullet time
>>
>>2600353
Very good and very fun, I rushed the mall and I completed the game with it as my only* gun.
*I used the Lemurian Blaster and Sonocaster as situational sidearms
>>
>>2600351
I wouldn't say sniper rifles are comparable. Dragunov's damage sucks on anything but snipe (at least snipe is still ridiculous), and AW has too much of an AP cost with nothing special going on. A custom spearhead is way way better.
>>
>>2600368
unique snipers are tolerable and even dominating is doable. sniper perks are just generally powerful enough to carry mediocre weapons, and both the dragunov and awp can be obtained best e early
>>
>>2591077
>why does a punk game allow you to be a punk
Did this fucking retard tranny really ask this?
>>
>Faceless Commander actually has a different line after mind reading you if you killed your way through the Tchortist institute
Neat.
>>
what level should i do the expansion at?
>>
>>2601723
When you feel confident about your ability to deal with waves of enemies.
>>
>>2601723
I think most people suggest at least 16, but it depends on what difficulty you are on and how challenging you want it to be. there's some pretty tedious enemies and if you are unprepared it will be a bit of a nightmare, though still doable.
>>
>>2601723
I usually start around level 18 or 20. Right after I finish the Oligarchs' questline, I then get to around the Health Center, get bored, and leave the game for a couple of months and start a new character.
>>
>>2596863
turn off the object interaction ignore during combat
>>
There needs to be a balance for classic, I hate having to keep scavenging every single corner on the map every playthrough when doing oddity but classic ends up leveling you up too fast.
>>
>>2601723
Depends for aegis I reccomend have these skills doing it early
>have enough for mklll emps/good damage against bots
>Granadier feat in general
>Gas granades/traps for crabs and base defense

Or if not apart of aegis
>Hauler jetski and around 100-120ish stealth to join pirates
>drive to area base defense starts. Save and wait till their turret is destroyed
>Plant TNT and leave preferably on top where the jetskis are
>Leave immediately and come from below and you can haul the closest one without aggroing aegis
For pirates it really depends when you want to join em. You can do it later and skip the hunting aegis quest. Also have 10 agility to skip the marsh or have tailoring/CAO armor
>>
>>2601892
>2022
>still asking for balance patches
>SINGLE PLAYER GAME
come on dude. oddity or classic i still scrounge for oddities just from autism. classic is fine and especially so if you want to take weaker builds into dominating
>>
>>2599589
Just got to the music puzzle, I didn't remember there was an email explaining how it worked, did Styg add it a recent patch or something? I just remember there being the message, of course, the keys and the other file explaining what a perfect fourth was, for example.
>>
>>2602109
The experience system you choose shouldn't make the game easier or harder. That's what the difficulty selection is for. And you definitely shouldn't be able to exploit picking classic as a way to make the game easier. That's stupid.
>>
>>2602464
Shut the fuck up retard, we both know what Styg would do between making oddity not shit or nerfing classic to the ground.
>>
>>2602503
Styg doesn't give a shit about classic and won't ever fix it, so you don't need to worry about that. It's like the legacy psi branch, he doesn't care.
>>
Daily reminder:
Play as a hammerfag
Or any melee build really
>>
File: 1632639448949.png (1.62 MB, 1601x896)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB PNG
>>2603015
hoplite king reporting in
>>
is there an updated version of https://stygiansoftware.com/forums/index.php?topic=1098.0 ? i'm doing a fisting run and i would like to know how much dex i need for 4ap custom leather combat glove
>>
>>2603084
Based, I remenber rolling my tanky heavy TM Hoplite, id play it again if it wasnt for the fact id get fucked over by AR bursts, sniper crits and native crossbow spam
>>
>>2603132
You need at least 17 DEX + tabi boots + lightning punches to get down to 4 AP per punch. I played such a build recently so if you have any questions then fire away.
>>
>>2603146
pretty annoying that riot shields do absolutely nothing for ranged attacks. kind of defeats the entire real purpose of such a device. genociding the natives was a major pain in the ass, but getting those big sweeps that killed every single thing around me felt amazing. hoplite is such a fun playstyle
>>
>>2603183
>>2603084
What is hoplite specifically? Tin can spear with a riot shield?
>>
>>2603160
here's some questions then:

are infused sea wyrm tabis good?

how can i obtain high quality rathound leather?
i'm looking for a method that does not involve killing the augmented ones from the faceless

is my build good? https://underrail.info/build/?HgcOBQkDAwUASwDCoAAAwoJXKwAZZG5SangAAAAAbgBuJjFiIAYSwqgHSx8YPANDYcKzwqnDgsOcwp3CrWzinY0K4p-EAeKnvgTfvw

should i ditch sure step and get escape artist?
should i lower agility to 4 and get dexterity to 17 so i can get 4ap without food consumption?
>>
File: 1392315504819.jpg (118 KB, 450x429)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
Reminder that Blaine/Jack will cash out SGS credits, and Marty cashes out US bluebacks.
>>
>>2603189
riot armor with shield + Iron Grip(wield spear with one hand). despite the shield being ineffective against ranged, you become a beast of a tank and laugh in the face of melee enemies. and you have a pretty sick ranged nuke with spear throw.
>>
>>2596379
>games must do x because IRL math says x
Lol try following your made up rule and screw yourself up when you discover skills are always rounded down retard.
>>
>>2603084
Why are you murdering bar drunks? Did you get your feelings hurt by Rob?
>>
>>2603189
>Tin can spear with a riot shield?
Last time I checked metal armor could use/hold a shield.
>>
>>2603224
rob is a bitch and there's nothing left for me to do with that character besides genocide every living being in south underrail.
>>
>>2603196
This is my build:
https://underrail.info/build/?HgMPBwkDAwYAwqAAwqAoAMKCQyAAAHh8NkR8AC0ARgAATSYxYiBCBhITKyrCh1E8PsKIB0vCs9-_
Fully specced into cheap shots and halfway into critical power. Feats aren't in order either.

Infused sea wyrm tabi are not great as the additional damage is not added on top of your gloves but counts separately instead. If the enemy has even a whiff of damage threshold then they'll contribute absolutely nothing to your damage output, and the bonus damage is kinda shit anyway. Their acid resistance is good though, shame they're heavy as fuck.

You get high quality rathound leather from Booth, he sells up to around 60 quality leather (though this is rare) he also has a random piece of rathound leather on a shelf that can be as high as 72 quality at least, but I would not count on that at all.

Your build seems alright though the strength is a little high and you'll want 7 agility for fancy footwork probably. Also, the unarmed damaged feats only affect bare fists and boxing gloves, so I wouldn't recommend them for a gloves build. If you're trying to do hybrid gloves/bare fists it might work, but I compromising is generally quite shit. I dunno what difficulty you're trying but the build seems okay, some of the point distribution is a bit interesting but I think that's more down to personal preference. You might think that the strength feats are good, and they are, but they'll seem redundant if you're critting a lot with a pneumatic leather glove. Most foes will be melted easily. except for nagas, strongmen and industrial bots.

I've never seen much of a need for sure step, though I never use caltrops. Acid puddles can be mitigated through use of infused mutated dog leather tabis, up to you whether you think it's worth a feat slot (I don't). Escape artist is good although I rarely found myself being trapped as I know the game well and used fancy footwork to get far away from any dickheads with throwing nets.
>>
>>2603196
Sure step is decent if using caltrops alot with any type poisen/hypertoxity is a must.

But if not then you'll be fine without it. It more usefull on builds that want to have a high stealth or are ambushing enemies alot.
>>
>>2603243
thx for the tips, i'm playing dominating btw. I think i'll stick with gloveless fists and increase agility to 7 to get fancy footwork, sure step and heavy punch seem like wasted feats for this kind of build idk...

Is there a way to get 4ap without tabis? i want to try infused rathound and infused ancient rathound boots, maybe both with blades so i can keep TfB for longer
>>
How do I quit thrower-hoarder mentality?
>130 weight capacity
>always carry 30 grenades and some caltrops in inventory, 5 of each kind
>use them so conservatively only 0-2 are spent per expeditions until I go back home
>>
>STRlets crying about carry weight again
try getting some MASS and MUSCLE and you can carry 100 nades, caltrops, and a few hammers.
>>
>>2603369
You dont. You are playing a STRlet build, you cannot carry shit by default, get used to it.
You made your grave, now lie in it.
>>
>>2603369
>he doesn't get the rat pack feat
>>
>Pack Rathound
>Paranoia
>Ninja Looter
>Snooping
>Burglar
>Sure Step
>Interloper
>Quick Tinkering
>Trap Expert
>Fend
>Parry
>Salesman
>Riposte
>Non-Base Ability Score Veteran Feats
do pipeworkers really? desu it's nice there's so many worthwhile feats and only a few worthless ones
>>
>>2603369
Rathound regalia +1 STR
Power glove +1 STR
Lifting belt +30 carry capacity
Infused pig leather boots +30 carry capacity
Rathound Barbeque or Pentapus Barbeque +1 STR or +25 carry capacity
>>
>>2603501
>Interloper
I took it for both its in-combat and out-of-combat effects.
>>
>Rathound regalia +1 STR
weighs 3
>Power glove +1 STR
>glove
weighs 2.5
>Lifting belt +30 carry capacity
weighs 1
>Infused pig leather boots +30 carry capacity
weighs 2.5+ ?
>Rathound Barbeque or Pentapus Barbeque +1 STR or +25 carry capacity
0.25 and 0.45 each

so, carrying around this stuff, and not wearing it in combat, you're lugging around a lot of weight just to help you carry more weight. if you are a STRlet and don't already wear rat pajamas you are better off just keeping a couple pentapus BBQ on hand and a lifting belt.
>>
File: hgiuniuyroh61.png (252 KB, 1818x740)
252 KB
252 KB PNG
>>2603514
It's just as valuable as a QoL like pack rathound for picrel
>>
>>2603526
>Absolutely must incorporate stealth into his build, every single time
guilty as charged. after playing without stealth once, I never wanted to do it again. even on tin cans i level stealth and keep rat jammies, a balaclava, and tabi on me at all times.
>>
>doing new playthrough
>completing missions and exploring around at full steam
>main quest reaches core city
>interest begins to drop like a cascade
What's up with this phenomenon? It's something I've only felt while playing Underrail. The junkyard somehow became the high point of the game for me
>>
>>2603537
junkyard and depot A have really become the peak for me, but maybe I'm just burnt out having put in over 400 hours in about 5 months. targeting exactly the same quests in almost the same order with every character becomes a bit stale and formulaic. legitimately hoping for more randomness to the quests and events in Infusion.
>>
File: Cover_art.jpg (212 KB, 1024x768)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
>>2603526
>"Ahhhh, I'm snoooooooking"
It just feels so right, almost canon to be a jerkass nade-chucking crossbowman.
>>
>>2603501

>hating on sure step

hey fuck you that skill is kino for caltrop abusers
>>
>>2603622
>wasting a feat on Sure Shit
if you have to resort to caltrop abuse then carry around some metal boots, zoner
>>
zoner = zooner = zoomer
>>
>>2603626
Not him but Sure Step actually is somewhat vital in one specific but common build, 3 CON pure psions with tranq
>>
>>2603501
>Quick Tinkering
My man you could block the hell out a hallway and doors using it. Plus maxing its AP cost with PK let's you put 2 traps down for free letting you near infinitely stun a enemy.
>>
>>2603689
>one
Try playing war crimes without Sure Step why dont you
>>
>>2603765
CAU alone will make you ignore acid puddles
Also mutant dog armor and mutant dog boots
>>
>>2603768
But dog armor means you have to take off your lab coat.
>>
>>2603771
Thats your problem
>>
>>2603765
as long as you have escape artist you don't need garbage like shit step. CAU doesn't come off for any reason.
>>
>>2603501
I got some mileage out of Sure Step and Interloper, Paranoia is good if you have a ton of Perception because it stacks with your other detection-boosting gear. The others are genuinely garbage, the veteran feats are even worse than the regular feats you get, most of the bad feats were made during the early days of the game.
>>
Thinking of doing a sword build next for a hard playthrough, any tips?
>>
>>2603501
Sure Step, Interloper and Doctor are the only decent QoL feats that actually give you an edge, the rest are fucking garbage
>>
>>2604128
You will rage. This is normal and intended.
The Claymore is awesome and the sweep function is worth the pain of getting it early.
STR sword can benefit from having a backup hammer for when your flurries miss, Quake is good for dazing enemies to give yourself a bit of breathing room while you wait for the cooldown to end,
STR sword can, with the right feats, can get to 95% mech. resistance whilst still being able to regain 6 MP from each hit through fancy footwork and being able to proc bleed with armour enhancements, but you'd better like saving up your money for super steel. Tichrome armour is good enough for the most part for the mobile tanky swordsman.
I love/hate STR sword. Remember to pray to RNGesus before each usage session.
All my experience is based on dominating, I hit a few points where I had problems but overall it wasn't too bad. Getting Tichrome armour early from Blaine was a blessing, but playing on hard shouldn't be too difficult.
I have nothing to say about DEX sword.
>>
File: dreddy.png (1.3 MB, 1920x1080)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB PNG
I got it out
>>
File: newride.webm (504 KB, 922x520)
504 KB
504 KB WEBM
>>2604430
huehuehue
>>
>>2604450
sweet. if only you could take it on a jet ski and go slaughter the natives with it
>>
File: bigger ski.png (1.35 MB, 1920x1080)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB PNG
>>2604453
...foiled. Why'd styg code this in?
>>
>>2604455

just get the portal in the lighthouse and park it on the beach for later
>>
>>2604430
>>2604450
>>2604455
How?
>>
>>2604425
I think I'll stick to praying to Jesus, but thanks. What feats for a str sword build? Juggernaut?
>>
>>2604673
Funnily enough, I kept meaning to get juggernaut but other feats kept getting in the way. Most important ones are body weight training, nimble and specced armour sloping for maximum speedy shenanigans, LTI for getting your flurries off of cooldown ASAP, taste for blood and maybe vile weaponry to synergize with bladed metal armour and obviously flurry and onslaught.
Decapitate didn't seem worth it, though opinions may vary. I think the cooldown is too long to be useful.
Paranoia and/or trigger happy can be enough to push you initiative up to levels where it can actually consistently help you to start first, though you may rather invest in things like juggernaut, for instance.
High strength is also conducive to the intimidation feats if you're into yelling and brutalizing.
I think things should become pretty clear as you go along, there is quite a bit of flexibility in terms of feats too.
>>
>>2604732
*Future orientation, not LTI duh.
>>
>4th expedition attack on the beach
>Slog through acid arm native lizatdmen who can OHKO non-crit through shield
>On the last turn mopup, 90% pyrokenisis misses and flies to the feet of some aegis troops, aggroing the entire camp

This game is tiresome shit sometimes, I can see why I didn't finish my non-expedition playthrough from 2016
>>
>>2604602

you can do it easily if you have CE just change the x/y coordinates when you do the burrower mission
>>
If I throw a molotov and set an enemy on fire, if they die from the fire DoT the will give me experience, but if they die from the fire that's on the ground they won't, that's how it works, right?
>>
>>2604880
yep. also if you shoot chem pistols and they die from your acid puddle, and not the root debuff, you get no XP
>>
im playing crossbows and avoiding being a trapfag; is Snipe worth it? once you get Special Tactics, that's what you'll want to be using instead of Snipe as far as I can tell
>>
>>2604880
just play oddity
>>
>>2604899
>avoiding being a trapfag
Why? Traps are fun, seriously I've never played a game where traps are this effective. Stopping a horde of angry bandits in doorway using a bear trap will never not be funny.
>>
>>2604919
they are fun, I'm just avoiding any skill points or trap-related feats. traps are perfectly usable and abusable without focusing your build on them
>>
File: blyat.jpg (161 KB, 964x644)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
>>2604966
>traps are perfectly usable and abusable without focusing your build on them
That's true, though there is a great feat tailored to xbows that only requires 50 traps skill. I'm lvl 20 currently on a DOMI xbow run and Ambush is the absolute goat feat so far, combined with molotovs it amounts to a 100% crit rate at all times.
>>
>>2605312
i previously tried crossbow on hard and went for deadly snares/quick tinkering, and really feel like i wasted my time. i also took dumb shit like vile weaponry, and was just not having much fun. this time I am on dominating and focusing only on my bow, no trap skills. regular old beartraps with no skill points can solve just about any problem. ended up skipping snipe as well, and I think things will turn out nicely
>>
File: life of a hoarder.png (828 KB, 1920x1080)
828 KB
828 KB PNG
What would be useful to pack for a trip to the Deep Caverns?
First time playing through the main quest, so going in kinda blind.

CAU Armor, bio boots, detection shit like NVGs for the crawlers, plenty of batteries, bandages, and psi inhalents, and I dunno, fire resistance suit maybe?
Was almost tempted to pilot the Dreadnaught to the tchortist elevator so I could pack even more shit, but I realized that would be hassle once I'm there since I can't cast psi from the cockpit.
>>
>>2605573
EMP granades mark II or III, things for super soldier drug if your biology is high, couple of repair kits. Fire res is worthless, bio damage is constant down there. Oh and hp hypnos and anditote. Cant tell you more else I would spoil DP for you

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.