[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Morrowindfags will defend this.
>>
Okay but seriously, does it actually get better?
Like, it's very much possible that it's just that one quest that's this bad.
>>
>>2579524
It gets worse believe it or not.
Later quests are shit like "kill these guys in a cave" and it's just 2 npcs with no dialogue that attack as soon as they see you.
>>
>>2579524
yeah, this is basically a short tutorial quest
>>
>>2579524
No, it just gets even worse.
But thats a good thing because it filters the zoomers.
>>
>>2579522
>>
>>2579613
Neverwinter Nights came out the same year and
A) featured plenty of choices, as befits an RPG
B) featured full combat animations while being a RTWP tactics game, compared to Morrowind, which was a first person game
>>
File: Sacrifice cover.png (1.04 MB, 580x798)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB PNG
>>2579613
This game came out 2 years before morrowind and it features more choices(more rpg like) better animations and 5 diffrent endings.
Morrowind is not a rpg its just a walking simulator(and a shitty one at that)
>>
Coming down off your meds again?
>>
Elder Scrolls (at least Morrowind onward, I'm a zoomer) are all linear in quest structure because they're more about exploration. The quests are less about role playing and more of busy work as a mean to incentivize exploration and get rewards.
>>
File: 1650743284467.jpg (85 KB, 853x1000)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
Seems like a tranny raid to me, not the actual gypsy dog. Not even worth my attention. Fuck off to >>>/lgbt/ and get a sniff of your rotting crotch wound.
>>
>>2579619
I don't know what shit you played, but it certainly wasn't Railroadwinter Nights
>>
>>2579769
What seems like a tranny raid? Did you mean to reply to someone?
>>
Out of every shitty thing in morrowind that the spam could've been about this fat faggot picked a short meme quest in the tutorial town. Kys.
>>
>>2579522
Based OP, destroyer of butthurt M'orrowindniggers.
>>
File: 1650433735563.png (43 KB, 593x584)
43 KB
43 KB PNG
yes, i will defend the greatest RPG of all time
>>
Hi Morrowind Schizo
>>
>>2579522
It's funny how after being posted so much that they still haven't came up with a real defense for it.
>>
>>2579564
Tutorial for what?
It's an out of the way quest that you'd need to go out of your way to encounter.
and it introduces... What? That the quests are shit?
>>
>>2579904
He's just a crazy obsessed weirdo, don't worry about it.
>>
>>2580696
At graphics and immersion they can just say that game is old(even though there were games from even earlier with more detail and a more vibrant color palette and games where the npcs actually moved araund instead of standing still looking at the same spot on a wall for 24/7 but ignore that graphics and AI are zoomer shit anyways)

At the gameplay they can say real rpgs arent supposed to be about gameplay they're about the story.

But about shitty quests? In a story game?
>>
>>2580710
>out of the way quest
uh... It's literally on the first shop you ever see in the game? that you're directed towards?
>>
>>2579522
This fine Nord citizen of Seyda Neen is merely a fighter who was willing to graciously supply his protection services and martial skills, at his own personal risk I might add, for a reasonable amount of coin in return. An untrustworthy cheat of a Wood Elf contracted him for these services, but never paid the noble Nord what had been agreed to ahead of time. Not only did the Wood Elf hide his ill-gotten gains from everyone, he was also avoiding returning money that was fairly owed to the local Imperial government representative.

I ask you, anon... what honest, upstanding citizen even thinks to do this? I say, none. The Wood Elf is and will always be a thief. You have done the justice system of Vardenfell a huge service be ferreting out this common criminal. The noble Nord will be able to feed his starving family tonight because of you and your self-less sacrifice to return the money owed him.
>>
>>2579522
Honestly, what's shocking to me isn't even the morrowindfags defending this, it's the morrowindstraights too
>>
estan de fiesta
en la calle larga
los mazorqueros de monserrat
y entre las luces
de las antorchas
bailan los negros de la piedad

se casa pancho
rey del candombe
con la mulata mas federal
que en los cuarteles
de la recova
soño el mulato sentimental
>>
>>2579530
Forgoth is clearly code for faggot. You aren't meant to sympathize with him. And sometimes life really is as simple as "I'm hiring you to kill these people" and their response to anyone going into their smuggler hide out is to kill you
>>
>>2581898
No, you're directed towards a completely different town at the start of the game. If Morrowind has any "tutorial" its the cave right next to town that you're just meant to stumble into or the early quests for the guilds that Caius recommends you to go do.
>>
>>2579524
>Okay but seriously, does it actually get better?
No. Reminder that the Farggot quest was supposed to have multiple solutions. People wrongly think todd and his lies began with oblibion and not morrowalk.
>>
>>2582467
You should give Fargoth is ring back, you fucking asshole
>>
>>2579522
So your mad that a video game doesn't have infinite choices? You might be a bit retarded
>>
Elder Scroll games are not about making choices. They're about giving you a world to explore. That's why Morrowind is liked. Because it has an interesting world to explore and learn about.
It's not rocket science, folks.
>>
Let's list the excuses in this thread so far:

>it doesn't have any role-playing, to have role-playing it would need infinite choices
>It's actually an action adventure game with an emphasis on exploration, despite fans insisting it be called an rpg
>>
>>2582751
RPGs doesn't mean it has to have a bunch of branching paths and choices, you tard.
Anyways why the autistic hate for Morrowind anyways? Is it literally just because it's popular that you throw a fit and nitpick it? Is it an effort to make yourself feel special? Spill, faggot
>>
>>2582756
>RPGs doesn't mean it has to have a bunch of branching paths and choices, you tard.
Yes it does. You think an rpg is any game with numbers that go up or down or something?
>>
>>2582756
What differentiates morrowind from a generic adventure game with lightweight rpg stats, gameplaywise?
>>
>>2582758
Autism. Autism never changes.
>>
>>2582765
So, to you, the Far Cry series is primarily an RPG series?

Morrowind
>basically non-changing storyline
>large world for exploring with collectables and loot
>stat/ability system
>crafting system

Far Cry
>basically non-changing storyline
>large world for exploring with collectables and loot
>stat/ability system
>crafting system
>>
>>2582764
>>2582758
Answer the other part of my question, faggots. We all know this and threads like it are arguing in bad faith so explain why once and for all you're so fucking mad about people liking Morrowind
>>
>>2582774
Keep religion out of this, Morrowind is not an rpg
>>
>>2582774
No, you are...

>le bad faith!!!

Because I can guarantee you that if I made a thread saying Far Cry 6, STALKER, Batman: Arkham Knight or Mad Max aren't rpgs you wouldnt bat an eye lid, but somehow because it's

>muh lore
>muh minmax
>muh stats

It's a different story with THIS particular action adventure game
>>
File: cenzopapa-papaj[1].gif (2.92 MB, 498x448)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB GIF
>>2579522
can we have an autoban on daily copy-pasted threads like this one?
>>
>>2582764
What generic adventure games have the level of character customization of morrowind?
>>
>>2582769
How many different stats does far cry have? Can you customize how your character looks? Can you solve problems in multiple ways depending on your stats? Is there entire quest chains that rely on the stats of your character to progress?
>>
>>2582824
>How many different stats does far cry have?
How would a greater or lesser amount of stats determine whether a game is an rpg or not? What is the exact amount?

>Can you customize how your character looks?
No, but you can in Tony Hawk's Underground, which also has stats, is that an rpg?

>Can you solve problems in multiple ways depending on your stats?
Yes

>Is there entire quest chains that rely on the stats of your character to progress?
Now you're coming up with preconditions that Morrowind doesn't even adhere to
>>
>>2582819
>level of character customization
What does "character customization" even mean here? How are you going to compare different customization systems across different genres?
>>
>>2582803
Seethe more Bethesdrone.
>>
File: 1649389379317.jpg (6 KB, 200x200)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>2582824
>How many different stats does far cry have? Can you customize how your character looks? Can you solve problems in multiple ways depending on your stats? Is there entire quest chains that rely on the stats of your character to progress?

In non-statfag:

>How many different stats does it have? Does it have one particular type of stat system? Do your stats do anything in the game? Is content locked behind stats?

Witness the depths of your own delusion, you number-addled halfwit
>>
File: 4b1[1].jpg (17 KB, 463x355)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>2582834
dilate, tranny
>>
>>2582830
>How would a greater or lesser amount of stats determine whether a game is an rpg or not? What is the exact amount?
More stats means more ways to interact with the world which means you can make different characters that have their own unique experiences.
>No, but you can in Tony Hawk's Underground, which also has stats, is that an rpg?
Does any of the customization in tony hawk effect how you interact with the world as much as it does with Morrowind?
>Now you're coming up with preconditions that Morrowind doesn't even adhere to
Guilds and factions have stat requirements that you need to meet to continue with their questlines
>>
>>2582835
WRPGs need complex stat systems
>>
>>2582876
>More stats means more ways to interact with the world
Not necessarily true if those stats don't affect the game world

>Does any of the customization in tony hawk effect how you interact with the world as much as it does with Morrowind?
According to what metric? Levelling up any melee skill or ranged skill doesn't affect how you basically interact with the world. You're still performing the same actions more or less efficiently.

>Guilds and factions have stat requirements that you need to meet to continue with their questlines
They're not meaningful requirements when the game does not limit you in any way form achieving them. You can just spend time grinding your stats. This is no different from needing to complete a certain number of tricks to progress in Tony Hawk's
>>
>>2582909
>Not necessarily true if those stats don't affect the game world
How do the stats in Morrowind not affect how you interact with the world? Nearly every action you make in that game is influenced by a stat.
>According to what metric?
The metric that it is an RPG and how you customize your character should effect how you interact with the world. If all your customization is just visual then it doesn't matter.
>Levelling up any melee skill or ranged skill doesn't affect how you basically interact with the world. You're still performing the same actions more or less efficiently.
There is more then just weapons. There is magic, crafting, repairing, lockpicking, sneaking, speechcraft, mercantile. You can create a character that can choose any or none of these options and have a different experience.

>Guilds and factions have stat requirements that you need to meet to continue with their questlines
They're not meaningful requirements when the game does not limit you in any way form achieving them. You can just spend time grinding your stats. This is no different from needing to complete a certain number of tricks to progress in Tony Hawk's
Why does it matter if you can grind your stats? My character wanted to get better at magic so he got better ar magic through practice. I can make a character that doesn't care about magic or thief skills, so I will never reach the higher ranks in the mage or thief factions. This all makes logical sense. There is also the great houses and vampire clans which you can only choose one per playthrough.
>>
>>2582934
>How do the stats in Morrowind not affect how you interact with the world?
That's not what you said, you made a general statement: "More stats means more ways to interact with the world". It doesn't necessarily mean that.

>how you customize your character should effect how you interact with the world.
Oh, okay. The stats you give your character in Tony Hawk games affect how well you perform at the different tricks you do, and what tricks you can do, which in turn affects how you interact with the game world. So this makes it an rpg, according to you.

>There is more then just weapons. There is magic, crafting, repairing, lockpicking, sneaking, speechcraft, mercantile
So now you are telling me a game is or isn't an rpg depending on what activity it in includes or doesn't include?

>Why does it matter if you can grind your stats?
Okay, so are you agreeing with me that these kind of requirements are no different in principle from those of Tony Hawk's, and therefore that both are RPGs according to your understanding?

>There is also the great houses and vampire clans which you can only choose one per playthrough.
It's a shame the rest of the game isn't like this!
>>
>>2582953
>That's not what you said, you made a general statement: "More stats means more ways to interact with the world". It doesn't necessarily mean that.

It does for Morrowind. Compare how someone who is pure warrior interacts with the game then someone who is a pure mage.

>Oh, okay. The stats you give your character in Tony Hawk games affect how well you perform at the different tricks you do, and what tricks you can do, which in turn affects how you interact with the game world. So this makes it an rpg, according to you.

I have never played a tony hawk game so I don't know what stats you have, but if all it is just upgrades to get more points then it is nowhere near the amount of interaction you get with the world like Morrowind.

>So now you are telling me a game is or isn't an rpg depending on what activity it in includes or doesn't include?

No, I am showing all of the mechanics that are affected by your stats. Playing as a pure warrior in Morrowind means you can't utilize mechanics like sneaking, lockpicking, alchemy, enchanting effectively. This means you will have to use alternative options or never use these mechanics unlike a character that has the stats to effectively use them.

>Okay, so are you agreeing with me that these kind of requirements are no different in principle from those of Tony Hawk's, and therefore that both are RPGs according to your understanding?

I have never played any Tony Hawk games so I dont know how they handle it, but Morrowind it is entirely optional what factions you want to join. You can beat the main quest and a large amount of sidequests with any character.
>>
>>2582978
>Compare how someone who is pure warrior interacts with the game then someone who is a pure mage.
So, again, are you trying to tell me what makes an rpg and rpg is what activities it has or doesn't have?

>all it is just upgrades to get more points then it is nowhere near the amount of interaction you get with the world like Morrowind
Okay, so are you saying that what makes a game an rpg is how much you can interact with the world?

>am showing all of the mechanics that are affected by your stats
Okay, but are you saying that what makes a game an rpg is what mechanics it has or does not have? Because it seems like most games are affected by stats, whether player-manipulable or not.

>it is entirely optional what factions you want to join
Can you make up your mind here lol? One post ago it was that quests have requirements, and now it's quests are optional. Which is it?
>>
>>2582993
>Okay, but are you saying that what makes a game an rpg is what mechanics
yeah, imagine classifying games by their mechanics lmao
>>
>>2582993
I am saying that there are a plethora of different mechanics you utilize in the game that are affected by how you build your character. One character can utilize a group of mechanics, while another can utilize a different group of mechanics. This means if I create two different characters they will have two different experiences playing the game. An extreme example would be a character that only uses warrior skills versus a character that only uses magic skills. Now I don't know much about Tony Hawk, but I am assuming that how you customize you character doesn't drastically change the game. You are still on a skateboard doing tricks, but you can change what shirt you are wearing. I bring up the quests, because the ones that that have stat requirements are completely optional. You don't have to grind magic for warrior if you want to beat the main wuest or several of the side quests, but only if you want to beat the mage faction questlines. Is there optional stuff like this in Tony Hawk?
>>
>>2583026
Stats are stats anon, not mechanics. Did you stop and think about what you wrote?

>>2583027
>I am saying that there are a plethora of different mechanics you utilize in the game that are affected by how you build your character.
And how does this relate to something being or not being an rpg, again?

> One character can utilize a group of mechanics, while another can utilize a different group of mechanics. This means if I create two different characters they will have two different experiences playing the game
I could be wrong, but it sounds awfully lot like you keep on saying that RPGs should have more or less mechanics than other types of game
>>
>>2580696
>>
>>2583070
Yes, RPGs should have more mechanics to represent your stats and skills. Other ways is through combat or through skill checks, but the Elder Scrolls doesn't really use checks.
>>
File: arcanum.jpg (58 KB, 460x215)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>2579613

This game came out year before morrowind and has the same type of quest.

>half-orc in tavern asks you to steal money from the bank and gives you safe codes on condition that you will split the loot with him
>can rat him out to the authorities
>can rat him out AND steal the money
>can take the money and ignore him, in which case the towns sheriff will come after you
>can just kill him
>can get the money by stealth, brute force or persuasion (in order to succesfully "convince" bank clerk to give you money you have to complete sheriffs quest so that the only bank guard dies and have a gun in your hand. Sheriffs quest also changes some of the dialogue lines with half-orc)
>>
>>2583104
1) pretty sure there's no speech check to get into the bank
2) there's no point in not giving him the money to begin with, since that's the only option that gives you quest xp
>>
File: 1631025541256.jpg (173 KB, 1275x482)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
Well anons, which is it?
>>
>>2583097
>RPGs should have more mechanics to represent your stats and skills
The question was never at any point what RPGs should have, it's what they must have in order to be RPGs. Are you saying RPGs must have many different mechanics in order to be RPGs?
>>
>>2583097
There is actually is one (maybe more) in Morrowind. Pretty good one too, shame they didn't continue using them.
>>
>>2583107
1. Yes, because persuasion check in this quest is deeper than "press speech to win". It requires you to fulfill certain conditions in order to make yourself look more threatening to the clerk.
2. There is a point from an RP perspective, because that option gives you more money. There is no point in minmaxing every quest outcome because this game is piss easy
>>
>>2583128
>1. Yes, because persuasion check in this quest is deeper than "press speech to win". It requires you to fulfill certain conditions in order to make yourself look more threatening to the clerk.
that's not a speech check, it's just a dialogue option that triggers combat

>2. There is a point from an RP perspective, because that option gives you more money. There is no point in minmaxing every quest outcome because this game is piss easy
By that logic, killing Hrisskar or Fargoth are also additional quest outcomes.

Don't think you know more about Arcanum than me, sonny. Only Drog Black Tooth may know more than me.
>>
>>2583118
Mechanics are a simple way to reflect your characters skills. If not mechanics then skill checks.
>>
>>2583148
>Mechanics are a simple way to reflect your characters skills
So Call of Duty is an RPG? It has shooting mechanics
>>
>>2583153
Is there a stat that you can choose when you customize your character that determines how effective you are at shooting? Is there a melee weapon stat I can use instead?
>>
>>2583166
>a stat that you can choose when you customize your character
What makes this particular implementation of a stat "role playing" rather than any other?

>a stat that you can choose when you customize your character
The hidden stat of differing weapon damage and rate of fire that different guns have, while customizing my character by choosing a different gun to use
>>
>>2583140
>that's not a speech check, it's just a dialogue option that triggers combat
It isn't. She can run away and call for guards, giving you time to steal money and run away.

>By that logic, killing Hrisskar or Fargoth are also additional quest outcomes.
I don't think game acknowledges you killing these people as it does in arcanum. It counts as a quest outcome because it is written so in your log book.
>>
>>2583166
>RPGs depend on mechanics
>is there a stat?

Which is it?
>>
>>2582774
>You think an rpg is any game with numbers that go up or down or something?
No, and that's why morrowind isn't an rpg.
>>
>>2583174
>It isn't. She can run away and call for guards, giving you time to steal money and run away
Arcanum AI is not advanced enough to do that. She triggers combat and some of the guards outside MAY come in if they're close enough

>I don't think game acknowledges you killing these people as it does in arcanum. It counts as a quest outcome because it is written so in your log book.
Only the straightforward solution of giving the money counts as a quest solution, the other options count as a quest falure leaving a big old red mark in your journal or they leave the quest incomplete
>>
>>2583173
Because it is a stat that covers a skill you use in a game like how every RPG ever implements it.

>>2583176
A mechanic that is influenced by a stat
>>
>>2583186
>it is a stat that covers a skill you use in a game
So Tony Hawk's Pro Skater is an rpg because it has a stat that makes my kickflip better? Or is it only games that have "skills" that are RPGs?

>A mechanic that is influenced by a stat
All mechanics are influenced by stats so that doesn't really get us very far
>>
>>2583188
I am assuming the stats in Tony Hawk are just upgrades, which you are expected to fully max out with every character with no dramatic effects on different playthroughs. If that is the case it is not an RPG, but a game with slight RPG mechanics. Also you can have a mechanic in a game without it being tied to a stat.
>>
>>2579524
Yes, don't believe the contrarian faggots who haven't even played the game. Could this quest have used more options? Probably, but it's an insignificant quest in the starting town and the "be nice to Fargoth" option is meant to be giving him his ring back and not accepting this quest. In 99% of other debt related quests you have the ability to pay it off yourself, and dealing with corruption is a major component of most of the major joinable factions. The people in these threads have no idea what they're talking about, they just hope that if they repeat their slander enough people will start to believe them.
>>
File: Screenshot_2.png (1.42 MB, 887x647)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB PNG
>>2583181
>Arcanum AI is not advanced enough to do that. She triggers combat and some of the guards outside MAY come in if they're close enough
This is just wrong. You clearly don't know anything about the game and I suggest you try beating it another time before typing anything here.

>Only the straightforward solution of giving the money counts as a quest solution, the other options count as a quest falure
And? Failing a quest is a quest outcome too. Every solution doesnt have to end in a green mark or give you exp.
>>
>>2583193
>the stats in Tony Hawk are just upgrades, which you are expected to fully max out with every character with no dramatic effects on different playthroughs. If that is the case it is not an RPG, but a game with slight RPG mechanics.

So the heroes of Might and Magic games, and various other combat focused dungeon crawlers, are not rpgs because they are games where stats serve more purpose than to be upgraded and have no more dramatic effect than increasing damage, dodge chance, etc?

>Also you can have a mechanic in a game without it being tied to a stat
Such as?
>>
>>2583214
>Failing a quest is a quest outcome too
I can't remember, is that recorded as a failure in the journal? Because otherwise it would be a broken quest, not quite the same thing
>>
>>2583214
This is not the real game. There's no functionality in the dialogue system for detecting what weapon the player has equipped. Most likely another myth, like the Tarant invasion ending
>>
>>2583228
>is that recorded as a failure in the journal?
Yes it is
>This is not the real game
I literally made that screenshot 5 minutes ago. You can go and get it by yourself
>>
>>2583221
Might and Magic games you can create different types of heros with various races, classes, stats, and skills. You can create many different characters in the system and have different party compositions. They are still RPGs because of this, but with a heavy emphasis on combat. Any game with a crafting mechanic that requires you just to find the ingredients is an example. Morrowind's alchemy is dependent on both the ingredients used and your stat to determine what potions you can make, their strength, and the chance of the potion coming out successful.
>>
>>2583243
there is no physical way to replicate this. you either edited the dialogue files or it's a mod
>>
>>2583246
The only mod I was using was a 2.0.2 patch and there isn't any mention of added or restored dialogues for bank robbery in changelog
>>
>>2583251
This is what her dialogue file is supposed to be like:
{1}{Hello. Welcome to the Bank of Shrouded Hills. How can I help you today?}{Hello. Welcome to the Bank of Shrouded Hills. How can I help you today?}{}{}{}{}
{2}{I was just passing through, thank you. Good day.}{}{5}{}{0}{}
{3}{I'm here to make a withdrawal. REACH FOR THE SKY!}{}{5}{qa1059 1, qu1060 0}{-7}{}
{4}{I'm here to make a withdrawal. REACH FOR THE SKY!}{}{5}{qa1059 1, qa1060 1}{-7}{}
{5}{I'm here to make a withdrawal. REACH FOR THE SKY!}{}{5}{qu1059 0, qa1060 1}{-7}{}
{6}{Nuttin'...buh-bye...}{}{-4}{}{0}{}
{7}{I ROB BANK! Put hands up!}{}{-4}{qa1059 1, qu1060 0}{-7}{}
{8}{I ROB BANK! Put hands up!}{}{-4}{qa1059 1, qa1060 1}{-7}{}
{9}{I ROB BANK! Put hands up!}{}{-4}{qu1059 0, qa1060 1}{-7}{}
{10}{Good choice, madam. Keep quiet now, and good day to you...}{}{5}{}{-14}{gf2116 1, in -4409, gf2126 1}
{11}{Thanks, lady! Buh-bye!}{}{-4}{}{-14}{gf2116 1, in -4409, gf2126 1}
{12}{[The teller looks at you, and smirks.] What, are going to rob us with a big sword, or maybe cast a spell? Look, son...if you get out of here right now, I won't even tell the guards how foolish you're being.}{[The teller looks at you, and smirks.] What, are going to rob us with a big sword, or maybe cast a spell? Listen, girl...if you get out of here right now, I won't even tell the guards how foolish you're being.}{}{}{}{}
{13}{I see. Good day to you, then.}{}{5}{}{0}{}
{14}{You'll regret that...}{}{5}{}{-25}{}
{15}{Uh...okay. I go now.}{}{-4}{}{0}{}
>>
>>2583263
cont'd
{16}{I gonna smash you for that...}{}{-4}{}{-25}{}
{17}{Guards! Guards! This man is threatening me! }{I'm sorry I have to do this. Guards! Take care of this woman!}{}{}{}{}
{18}{}{}{}{}{}{}
{19}{You lily-livered son of a dog! NOBODY takes my money! }{You lily-livered wench! NOBODY takes my money! }{}{}{}{}
{20}{}{}{}{}{}{}
{21}{Thief! It's the thief! Help! Help!}{Thief! It's the thief! Help! Help!}{}{}{}{}
{22}{}{}{}{}{}{}
{23}{Thank you SO much! You're a hero! Is there anything else I can do for you?}{Thank you SO much! You're a hero! Is there anything else I can do for you?}{}{}{}{lf3 1}
{24}{I was just passing through, thank you. Good day.}{}{5}{}{0}{}
>>
>>2583263
>{Good choice, madam. Keep quiet now, and good day to you...}{}{5}
So you just confirmed that there are lines for succesfull bank robbery.
>>
>>2583283
*succesful
>>
>>2583244
So the Witcher games or any game where you are limited to a single character are not rpgs? Because the alternative is that you seem to be saying that games with different abilities or choice of characters are rpgs
>>
>>2583341
If it is a character with a default look and role then there needs to be some degree of customization in terms of skills and stats. Otherwise it is not an RPG.
>>
>lets have the same discussion with a literal schizo over a single insignificant quest for the thousandth time
What is wrong with you people? You're as mentally ill as him.
>>
Bethesda is pig disgusting.
>>
>>2579522
played the game because they hyped it so much.
>is a piece of mediocre shit with similar quests and no branching.
>>2579613
take into account other games made more and got released before or same year.
>>
>>2583208
>and not accepting this quest.
Ah yes, just leave his problem unaddressed, what a great solution.
>In 99% of other debt related quests
Name 3.

Incredibly dishonest post.
>>
Why would anyone get filtered by Morrowind, you must be some extremely low IQ African mudcake eater.
>>
>>2579522
Y'know, if you shitpost about Morrowind so often, aren't you basically a Morrowindfag too? You talk about the game more than people who actually liked it, it owns you.
>>
>>2586345
>Name 3
Desele's Debt (an NPC even suggests you pay it off yourself)
Lirielle's Debt
Murudius Flaeus's Debt
Manwe's Dues
Armor Repair Debts (have to talk to the guy in debt first)
An Invisible Son
Rent and Taxes

By the way the reason you can't pay off Fargoth's debt is because Hrisskar is looking for Fargoth's hiding place, not just the money. That way Hrisskar won't need your help in the future when it comes to collecting from Fargoth.
>>
>>2581998
Unfunny desu.
>>
>>2586907
You think people didn't explain this to him before? He'll just respond with something like "lol morrowindtards actually believe those are good quest" or he'll just straight up ignore you post. Then the next thread will have have this whole song and dance all over again.
>>
There's only one thing Romanians can't steal and that is intellect.
>>
>>2579613
>more than 1 options (to complete the quest)
>every single option possible
morrowindbots are sure fucking stupid
>>
>>2588536
Your options are retarded
>can't offer to pay off his debt for the promise of ceasing criminal activities
Wouldn't work at all. The whole town guard is shaking down the locals, not just Hrisskar. It's a protection racket. Also a one time debt payment from you doesn't pay off Fargoth's future "debts."
>can't blackmail him
I don't even know where you came up with this one. The tavern owner knows Hrisskar's in debt, probably a lot of Seyda Neeners do as Hrisskar openly gambles in a public tradehouse with other people.
>can't inform the commoner that he's in bigger trouble than he thought
What "bigger trouble?" He knows he's in big trouble, he's sneaking around at night hiding his valuables in a tree stump.
>can't inform his higher-ups that one of their soldiers is a crook
>one
Kek. Play the game for more than 5 minutes next time schizo.
>can't discuss the contents of the note with anyone
To learn what? That Hrisskar is a gambler? That he's in debt to another guard? The note is the hint, you don't need to ask people about what it means cause it's already obvious what's going on.

The only way out of this for Fargoth is to leave Seyda Neen or have all the guards be replaced with non-corrupt ones. Fargoth skipping town COULD be an option but that doesn't resolve the guard corruption, nor does it really even help Fargoth considering he'd have to leave his house and possessions behind. Also there are very few RPGs where when someone's having trouble, telling them to just move somewhere else is always an option, cause that'd be boring (also realistically people don't just move when there's trouble where they live,) and since the Empire is possibly on the verge of just pulling out of Morrowind altogether, doing a thorough investigation of Seyda Neen's guard and replacing the corrupt ones isn't at all feasible for the Empire. As long as Seyda Neen isn't burning to the ground, the Empire will tolerate the corruption.

Take your meds.
>>
File: EternalGOAT.jpg (21 KB, 344x500)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>2579522
You know it's a great game, when every faggot on this imageboard feels the need to shit on it without anyone ever really caring. Your crying will never change the positive reception this game received/ still receives to this day.
>>
>>2579524
Elder Scrolls games have never really supported that type of roleplaying wherein you get a bunch of branching paths to pick from in each quest and conversation. For better or worse the early games like Daggerfall and Morrowind treat npc interaction in a much more systems-driven way, where you can ask basically any npc about the same topics and their reaction to you is based on an abstract numerical score that can be altered through methods like spells or generic bribe/threaten options rather than which way you chose to resolve a quest involving them, stuff like that.
Although it can make them feel very robotic it has its advantages since it means if you want an NPC to like you, you're not limited to just doing the quest the designers decided would make the NPC like you, etc.
>>
>>2579530
This just in: Any RPG where you don't get to talk to every single bandit you come across is now shit according to schizo supreme
>>
File: base.jpg (24 KB, 184x184)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>2579522
what quest is that
>>
>>2579522
i play western rpgs only in psychopath mode. everyone looks like some sort of abomination that neds to be exploited and eliminated.
>>
>>2582758
>screencapping your own posts
that's rough.
I wonder if OPs family were in the Holocaust, or if they helped perpetrate it.
>>
There is no such thing as an RPG video game. The freedom of the tabletop experience is needed to truly be RPGs. A game with stats or 3 “choices” that lead to predetermined results in not an RPG, it’s just a (bad) action/strategy game with some slim variety in how it lets you kill enemies.
>>
File: icon.jpg (161 KB, 467x467)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
>>2590052
>get btfo so hard you start denying the premise of the entire image board
>>
>>2590052
If you hate RPG’s so much why are you here?
>>
>>2579904
He's just a crazily correct weirdo, worry about it.
>>
>>2589990
>can't fight argument
>try to doxx
pathetic honestly
>>
>>2590052
>There is no such thing as an RPG video game.
That's what I'd think if I only played bethshit.
>>
File: animegirldashback.gif (3.08 MB, 640x480)
3.08 MB
3.08 MB GIF
>>2579522
its quite problematic that everything has been modded except the main quests. theres lot to fix
>>
>>2592423
If that's fucking doxxing then the retard doxxed himself
>>
>>2592430
Yeah but that just be accepting Morrowind is a shitty game down to its core. You might as well play another game at that point.
>>
This fucking exact thread has been posted thousands of times. OP, stop posting this shit you deranged schizo faggot
>>
Why is a tranny posing as the gypsy faggot.
>>
>>2579522
I started playing two days ago, today some woman told me that a guy was looking for me. Went to see him and he wants me to kill 5 people. So I was wondering if you don't really have the option to play something different than a hitman, because I'm just starting and all I've done is killing people (and 3 rats). A shame because /vrpg/ shilled this game to the point I had to bought it despite how ugly it looks.
>>
>>2593973
How about you just don't do it then? Where did this "if there's a quest there HAS to be a counter-quest" mentality come from?
>>
>>2593980
What else am I supposed to do? Is it possible to beat the game without killing a bunch of people? And by the way, I also noticed OP's quest and didn't do it.
>>
>>2593973
You got gaslit into playing a shit game by trolls time to accept you were retarded,cut your loses and move on.
>>
>>2593996
If you dont like a game you're just supposed to close the game uninstall and go play somehting else.
>>
>>2593996
>Is it possible to beat the game without killing a bunch of people
No? What RPGs have you been playing where you don't kill a bunch of shit? Pacifist RPGs are the exception not the rule
>>
>>2594006
Disco Elysium
>>
>>2594016
>the exception not the rule
>posts 1 game
>>
>>2594022
Vampire the masquarade Bloodlines.
>>
>>2594031
There are thousands of RPGs. Even if you listed 50 it would still be a tiny minority. Just stop you embarrassing brainlet.
>>
>>2594006
Well to be honest I'm new to wrpgs, so I wouldn't know. You're right, even in a child's game like pokemon you're supposed to "kill" a bunch of enemies, but Morrowind feels particularly murderous
>>
>>2594036
Yeah theres million of "rpgs" like call of duty,assassins creed etc. i kill things... number go up... the highter number the faster i kill things... ITS A RPG!
>>
>>2594036
Harvest Moon
>>
>>2594044
It is. Murders and duels happen often. There's a quest where you have to get a poet's confidence up to fight a warrior who challenged him to a duel and even after you do the poet just dies in the arena cause he's a poet and the whole thing is seen as honorable by society.
>>
>>2593999
Morrowind has a general and plenty of people here likes it, and people outside here claims it is one of the greatest RPGs ever.
>>2594003
Or maybe play some more, just in case you find something cool and end up liking it? Why is this are you people so toxic and defensive lol
>>
>>2593980
Technically there is a counter-quest to Larrius Varro's quest, but it happens during the Morag Tong
>>
>>2594053
>Morrowind has a general and plenty of people here likes it, and people outside here claims it is one of the greatest RPGs ever.
Nope.
>Or maybe play some more, just in case you find something cool and end up liking it?
There is nothing cool to find in Morrowind.
>Why is this are you
lmao
>>
>>2594070
>>Why is this are you
Lol I'm retarded, an ESL and a phonefag, I'll stop posting now.
>>
>>2594070
>there's no general, no one here likes it, no one outside of here says it's the greatest RPG ever, and there's nothing cool in the game
Totally the words of a level headed person and not a hyperbolic schizo creating his own reality in his head
>>
File: Morrowind general.png (78 KB, 1910x517)
78 KB
78 KB PNG
>>2594090
>there's no general, no one here likes it, no one outside of here says it's the greatest RPG ever, and there's nothing cool in the game
correct.
>Totally the words of a level headed person and not a hyperbolic schizo creating his own reality in his head
You wont gaslight me into pretending this "game" is good.
>>
Tranny
r
a
n
n
y
>>
>>2592430
I didn't know Rance had an anime. Is it any good?
>>
>>2579522
Morrowindfags will attack this.
>*MISS*
>*MISS*
>*MISS*
>*MISS*
>*MISS*
>*MISS*
>>
>>2594031
Did you finish the game? The last few areas are basically FPS levels.
>>
>kill vivec
>put his soul into a daedaric tower shield cast on use ranged dmg spell
>110 enchant
>you now have a gatling gun of pure destruction that you can aerial bomb major cities with
why do no other TES games have this feel?
>>
>>2595595
>still posting this stale meme
>>
>>2597444
Morrowindfags should be used to stale shit, though.
>>
>>2579522
Never forget. Those two came out in the same year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PcUQQOODv0
>>
>>2597970
Pathetic bait. I can give you a thesis that you are wrong but since you're a dumb niggerfaggot that can't think for himself, I wouldn't.
>>
>>2597987
>i can prove you wrong with a wiki length article, just like my morrowalk dialogue, heh, but i won't
why are you so smelly & dum?
>>
>>2597987
You are going to give me a thesis on why these games didn't came out in the same year?
>>
>>2597970
Gothic 2 is forgotten while Morrowind is still regarded as one of the best videogames ever made by many people.
>>
>>2598140
Gothic 2 is still not forgotten in many places (mostly in Europe) and it goes without saying that fighting system based on dice rolls in a fucking first person game that is also NOT turned based is fucking terrible (and I say that as someone who can handle the jank of many old games). Morrowind is obviously better in areas of lore and the world, but it's far more lacking in terms of being an actual game compared to Gothic 2.
>>
>>2598011
>>2598135
>>2598147
Low Int detected, opinion rejected.

Gothic is forgotten outside hipster nerd retard circles and Europoor culture. Gothic is the perfect nostalgia bait for Patreon-begging YouTube kikes.
>>
>>2598140
>Gothic 2 is forgotten
LOL!
>>
>>2598147
>let me tell you why gothic is better
>it's because the combat
Turning RPGs into pseudo-action games was a mistake. Now we have people who actually want to make the point of how 1 RPG is better than another because it has a better shitty action combat system. I seriously haven't seen a Gothic post talk about the actual roleplaying/writing in the game in like 10 years, but see Morrowind players talking about that game's writing and lore all the time. You Gothicfags need to make your own fucking threads and stop being so obsessed with Morrowind, maybe you'll actually talk about the game you supposedly like for once.
>>
>>2598230
It's not just combat though (and combat wouldn't be a problem in Morrowind if it wasn't so damn terrible), but also quite a few other things. For instance, the world itself which while it's far more unique it is far more tedious to go through and many locations feel very samey while in Gothic 1 and 2 maps are smaller, but have far more unique environments. Also Gothic 1 and 2 are fully voiced, dialogue window is not as much of an absolute mess as Morrowind's and the ai of everything is far better with NPCs having their own routines throughout the day, enemies reacting to other enemies, NPCs reacting to you pulling out the weapon and sneaking. And the writing itself while not as strong as in Morrowind (at least when it comes to overall lore and story) has very good writing when it comes to factions and the relationships between them.
>>
>>2598147
By Europe you mean Russia and Poland and even there most people probably wont know it.
>>2598205
Yep, Gothic fanbase compared to The Elder Scrolls basicly doesnt exist its like comparing a grain of sand to a mountain.
It is indeed forgotten.
>>
>>2594031
lol what are you talking about, you have to kill a ton of shit in that game. the last few areas are almost pure combat
>>
lol morrowfags get immensely buttblasted at any slight criticism, incredible
>>
>>2599023
>the last few
Correct the last few quests(and even then i prefer to just avoid any non-boss enemy with obfuscate instead of fighting them) for most of the game however you're offered ways to finish every mission without killing one enemy and you are rewarded for avoiding combat by use of lockpicking,stealth,hacking etc. with more exp than if you just cleared the whole level out with gunfire and then picked up what you came for from the pile of corpses.
Also killing random people outside missions instead of giving you grindable exp like in other games it lowers your humanity(making you go frenzy faster without blood) and doesnt even give you any money.
>>
>>2594006
>What RPGs have you been playing where you don't kill a bunch of shit?
Fallout 1-2
Arcanum
Planescape Torment
Disco Elysium
>>
>>2599635
Forgot to add Age of Decadence
>>
>>2579524
Every Elder Scrolls games has sub-par quest design, you play these games to go into dungeons and kill monsters.
>>
File: Samarys.png (41 KB, 270x149)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
>>2599676
Except this is what your average morrowind dungeon looks like.
>>
File: 1618592237509.jpg (214 KB, 1200x560)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
>>2599783
complain more and todd i'll give you random generation back
>>
>>2579522
I don't care if you suck at videogames.
I like Morrowind because:
My first ever playthrough I found a house with some ebony armor in it. I ended up stealing the ebony armor, saw how much I could merchant it for, so I did that. I then snuck down to Vivec and found what amounted to a VAULT/BANK. I snuck into itand cleaned it out, and sold everything I could to merchants for gold. I used that gold to "train" by master trainers. I trained to the point that I was invincible. Nothing could kill me, skipped all the story, made a necklace and enchanted it with "float" for 0 seconds with a constant effect, which meant when I equipped the necklace, It allowed me to fly. Without completeing any of the main quest, I then flew around and stumbled upon the final dungeon, killed the boss, and beat the game. Not knowing any of the story. Not getting the hammer (the storyline tried to require you to get to kill the final boss)
>>
>2599676
>2599783
This is a dumb nigger that just pulls images from the UESP Wiki and lacks the intellect to differentiate a tomb from a dungeon, he has never played the game. Ignore and carry on if you're not retarded like him.
>>
File: IMG_20220516_203455.jpg (174 KB, 898x936)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
>>2599844
That image isn't from the wiki tho.
You sound like you're on your period
>>
>>2582758
ohhh i see
these are stealth "what is an RPG?" threads
that's pretty fuckin' gay
>>
>>2601380
You're right, it's from the tomb expansion mod comparison image and he just cropped it. Even more pathetic, really.
>>
>>2601516
So he got the image from... The Internet... I'm sorry what was your point again? This is supposed to be outrageous how?
>>
>>2601694
He just browses the internet for his images he can use for his shitty bait. I doubt the autist plays any fucking TES game, he's probably just another triggered newfag that got filtered by Morrowind and is now in a state of eternal butthurt much like OP.
>>
>>2599783
Idk morrowing dungeons often have some branching paths. I don't mind any es dungeons except skyrim which are almost always straight lines.
>>
>>2602073
>morrowing dungeons often have some branching paths.
No they don't.
seriously this isn't even up for debate
>>
Bump.
>>
>>2602148
>>
>>2602706
oblivion looks good on paper but then you actually play it and every single dungeon is the exact same copy paste.
skyrim at least has some unique dungeons.
>>
>>2602706
Why do the dungeons get blockier with every game? It's like if ID Software went back to the Wolfenstein 3D engine after making Doom
>>
>>2599831
>I don't care if you suck at videogames.
You didn't read his post and he didn't say anything that suggests he's not good at computer games.

The base game of Morrowind (as in, not counting the expansions) is easy, not complicated and requires little planning.
Simply grind a weapon skill up to 100 using whichever generics (such as mudcrabs) you want, which effectively allows your character to become untouchable as a result of there being no NPC who is able to resist your unshakeable stunlocking. Vivec can be killed at level 2 or even 1.
>>
>>2579619
>>2579776
NWN gave you a Good, Neutral and Evil choice and dialogue options in almost every situation but it didn't affect the overall way the game went.
>>
>>2602714
Oblivion also had some unique dungeons. I remember one that starts out as a cave then turns into Ayleid ruins with moss and tree roots overtaking the ruins. Also that first ruin you see right out of the sewer tutorial. It starts out with bandits and theres an undocumented quest going on where people are disappearing, then it turns out in a secret area there's a necromancer who was a character from a prior game. Only 1% are actaully like that though.
>>
>>2602977
Found it. Still nothing on that gigantic underground city with mushroom trees in Skyrim though.
>>
>>2602706
Congratulations for demonstrating why Skyrim is the superior game. It doesn't waste half of your time in some dank caves - that time instead spending exploring the vast world, like you should in an open-world game.
>>
>>2603096
But the world has nothing in it
>>
>>2603202
thats a good thing because it filters the zoomers looking for cutscenes to be everywhere.
>>
>>2603238
So have a big empty world and tiny dungeons actually makes the game better?
>>
>>2603342
Yes.
>>
>>2603096
the dungeons are part of the world
>>
>>2603238
>skyrim filters zoomers
Anon... you ARE the zoomer
>>
>>2603528
Even though i am biologically 19 i identify as 60 years old so no i am not a zoomer.
>>
>>2602981
>Found it. Still nothing on that gigantic underground city with mushroom trees in Skyrim
This was probably one of the coolest things about Skyrim, tbqh. I played the game a lot, but didn't actually find this place for quite a long time, it was like stumbling on a whole new expansion.
>>
>>2603528
Zoomers decided they hate Skyrim after they have watched a bunch of 2 hour youtube videos telling them it actually sucks.
>>
>>2579776
>>2602974
Yeah, seriously, I liked NWN, but it was not a game of choice and consequence. Pre-expansion, it was basically slow motion Diablo without the carpal tunnel.
>>
>>2604909
None of your choices had consequences but it still gave you a good, neutral, evil option that would shift your alignment. It barely mattered though since you'd have to go out of your way to shift alignment enough to fuck up your build. Either that or be in a party where one guy needs to align one way and you need to align another way. I remember fucking my friends druid build up because I pushed him too much towards either lawful or chaotic in the campaign.
>>
>>2604443
true true
>>
>>2579522
Fargoth actually talks you up to his friend Arille to get you mad discounts. Why would the PC stab him in the back like that? Especially a PC who supposedly died from being betrayed by all his friends? I'll tell you why, its because the real nerevar wasn't the innocent victim we think him to be. He was as treacherous as every other dark elf at the time and thats why you ahould not mourn his loss. The fargoth betrayal is brilliant, deliberate, and excellent writing. You just need a 200 IQ to see it, whivh most morrow haters dont have
>>
>>2606603
not an argument
>>
>>2582695
>be (You)
>ask "YOU WANT INIFINITE CHOICES?! RETARD!"
>in response to whoever made the original post having mentioned less than 10 different choices and what they could be for this quest in this supposed "roleplaying" game that gets overhyped
>>
"Here are your options, bro."
>be a nigger by stealing Fargoth's money and give it to a gambling nigger
>be a nigger and steal Fargoth's money for yourself
>be a nigger and just ignore it, don't try anything at all, allowing the scum-cunt-gambler-nigger to keep doing this to Fargoth
>be a nigger and murder the scum-cunt-gambler-nigger where he stands, in a merchant's store of all places
Okay, a few options to be very unheroic, good so far, but...
>can't persuade the nigger out of being a nigger to Fargoth
>can't intimidate and scare him into ceasing being such a nigger
>can't beat up the gambling nigger until he promises he'll change his ways
>can't offer to pay off the worthless nigger's debt in exchange for leaving Fargoth alone
>can't attempt to blackmail him
>can't talk to anyone about the note
Wow... here's your "roleplaying" game, bro.
>>
>>2607113
That's more choices than any other TES game has in their main quest, and this is an optional sidequest
>>
>>2607211
And 3 out of 4 amount to acting like a psychopath.
>>
>>2602706
Honestly this one of the biggest issues I had with skyrim. Once you've done one linear dungeon you've done them all.
>>
Morrowind is the best game. No amount of low IQ Romanians, weaboos, trannies, and zoomers can change that.
>>
>>2599829
kino
>>
>>2599831
>and beat the game. Not knowing any of the story. Not getting the hammer (the storyline tried to require you to get to kill the final boss)
You literally need sunder and keening to make the "ending" cutscene play,you are just talking loads of shit
>>
>>2582782
Please explain why then you want to shit on Morrowind. Is it because we agree it's an RPG?
>>
>>2583112
>console
>setintelligence(3)
>6. "Nigger nigger nigger"
>>
>>2579530
people dont have ebin quips with the obvious bounty hunter who has shown up to kill them??? what the heck this is nothing like my marvel movies, 2/10 RPG!!!11
>>
>>2579522
Knowing people hate this game so much makes me like it so much more
>>
>>2599831
>literally just making shit up
Do morrowboomers really?
>>
>>2608657
Based
>>
>>2609189
Yeah you have to be a contrarian to shill it, we know
>>
File: IMG_20220522_233025.jpg (212 KB, 1080x1079)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
>>2607443
>>
>>2607443
Based. 9/10 times it's weebs getting asshurt because the game doesn't have some shitty anime cliches and isn't railroaded.
>>
>>2607443
>>2610335
>can't engage the criticism in the thread
>make shit up instead
>>
>muh shitty isometric rpg which a monkey could code had more choices of dialogue in my wall of texts
The point you niggers don't get it is that todd was just trying to make a crpg with a first person perspective to appeal to more people and get the rpg genre popular, kill yourselves you fucking retards. The first baldur's gate games literally have 0 consequence for what you do too, you can murder and destroy a city or do quests for them and npcs will still walk around the city like idiots doing literally nothing just like in morrowind.
>>
>>2610918
>engage with the criticism
>get ignored
nah I think I'll just call you a mad schizo with a short lifespan ahead of him
>>
>>2612593
>he was TRYING to make a game for retards!!
Family guy is the absolute masterpiece of western animation, what you have to understand is that Seth wasn't trying to make a good show, but to get animation popular.
>>
>>2612593
This post is factually incorrect in multiple ways.
>>
>>2579522
Bethesdafags will lap up anything they churn out. What's your point?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.