[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 147 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

It's /mon/day, what are some of your fave monster RPGs?
>>
>>2542654
Arc the Lad2,. and the monster portion was a side hustle, yet it is better than most monster games till this day.
>>
Digimon World 1 is my favorite /mon/ game of all time.
>>
>>2542654
I have a soft spot in my heart for Spectrobes
>>
Has anyone else played coromon? Judging if its worth my time for a pokeclone
>>
>>2542654
Monster Sanctuary was very good the last time I played it a year ago, and there's going to be free DLC in the next few months. There's definite flaws with the game that the devs and other players on the Discord server do not see as flaws, however. Make of that what you will.
>>
>>2543092
>There's definite flaws with the game that the devs and other players on the Discord server do not see as flaws, however.
Yes and they like to post on these and /vp/ threads. Definitely worth playing though but I got bored in the second zone.
>>
Finally saw a copy of MR4 go up for $50 on eBay, so I pounced on it. I haven't played it in like 15 years.
What a different experience when you're not a stupid kid and actually understand what to do. That's been my experience with replaying all of these games in the past couple of years. I'm enjoying it even more than I did then, even while seeing the flaws more clearly. Dungeon crawling could be more interesting and better balanced, but it was a cool idea overall.

I kind of wish they'd make a Monster Rancher that straight up apes Digimon World. Traveling a world with a mon would be a lot of fun.
>>
>>2542654
Damn this one SUCKS ASS. Too much boring text, the dungeon design is boring and the difficulty is spread so poorly that you can just mash the attack button on the highest difficulty and then when you arrive to the boss the difficulty spikes like crazy. FUCK Digimon, why can't they have one good game?
>>
>>2543108
Digimon Survive is coming soon, anon.
Soon...
>>
>>2543113
And it will be 70% VN 30% game.
And the game part will just be generic srpg stuff
>>
>>2542654
anyone played last bible 3 ? I've heard it's good except for retarded rate of random encounters even for snes era
>>
Playing Yokai Watch for the first time and man I hate when these games make recruiting even the most basic monsters tedious, like I shouldn't need to waste a half hour to befriend one E-rank shitter.
>>
>>2542654
Pokemon
Monster Rancher
Shin Megami Tensei
Disc Creatures

>>2542853
Based taste, you possess a bigger brain than I to understand all the stat requirements

>>2542895
Same here. A shame few people played it. I have a cart of Beyond the Portal too. It's funny how similar the mining minigame is to Fossil Fighters Champions

>>2543108
I agree. 50 hours of low-effort anime dialogue, sparse repeated dungeons, and some retarded ass plotlines

Forgive me for being the "reply to everyone" guy
>>
>>2543103
>I kind of wish they'd make a Monster Rancher that straight up apes Digimon World. Traveling a world with a mon would be a lot of fun.
That's all I ever wanted from a Monster Rancher game. I love the monster designs, and battles, but I want to be able to explore the world with my monsters too. Not jus hop around through menus.
>>
>>2543108
For whatever reason they want their games to be story based dungeon crawlers instead of monster raising sims. Though I think there have been some newer Digimon games lately in the Digmon World 1 style again. Only took them almost 20 years.
>>
>>2543108
>FUCK Digimon, why can't they have one good game?
The pet raising sims are good. The party based RPGs have all been okay to bad. The DS games are almost good, but the dungeon design is horrifically boring.
>>
>>2543108
Dunno, the evolution/degeneration and the branching evolutive paths are great mechanics.
Why can't they make decent dungeons.
>>
>>2542654
Demikids is lame as fuck, the only saving point are the demon lolis.
>>
>>2542654
Dragon Quest Monsters for RPGs
Monster Rancher 2 for pet simulators
>>
>>2542923
The type system is a huge downgrade imo but the SP system is pretty cool and the pixel art is great other than it's just a straight forward pokemon clone
Also some abilities have effects out of combat which I though was pretty neat
>>
>>2543108
The story gets a bit better if you turn off your internal censors and just embrace the cringe black hole that is Nokia.
Not much better, but, if you can mind break yourself into thinking she's entertaining, the moment to moment story does improve.

Also, the first game really MUST be played with the female protagonist. She was added at the last second, so all the dialogue still assumes a male protagonist, so you have some top tier swag yuri energy.
>>
>>2543345
>the writing gets good if you teach yourself to enjoy bad writing
>>
>>2542654
Digimon World 1
Digimon World 2
Shin Megami Tensei 2
>>
>>2542654
Last Armageddon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8201LMlcAZU
>>
>>2542654
Hacker's Memory has to be my current favorite of all time. Can't wait for the next Story game.
>>
Has the hard mode mod for Monster Rancher 2 been ported to the new ports yet? Or at least get updated with the features the ports added?
>>
File: sid3q5stzry21.jpg (51 KB, 640x360)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>2543108
cyber sleuth made me die of cringe consistently but hackers memory has better writing and humor imo
>>
>I SWALLOW SLUDGE TO TRANSFORM MYSELF
>>
Monster Rancher is finally getting a new PHONE game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGGSwf4qBho
https://monsterfarm.game.line.me/ja/
>>
>>2544268
I guess its something
>>
File: Jade-Cocoon.jpg (92 KB, 512x433)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
Jade Cocoon is still unbeaten.
>>
>>2542654
Did the cyber games sell like shit or something? I'm surprised they stopped making story games.
>>
>>2544482
It sold 1.5M which for Digimon is pretty good I think.
>>
>>2544482
They're making a new one I think right? They mentioned something about it.
>>
Any love for Azure Dreams?
>>
>>2544127
I thought you were American.
>>
>>2544482
cyber sleuth is the most successful digimon game in a long time. a new one is in development, but survive's delays are holding up the line.
>>
File: 41582137_p0.jpg (449 KB, 700x671)
449 KB
449 KB JPG
>>2544268
it's a start. hopefully a real game is in the cards in the future.
>>
>>2544268
I'm going to fucking scream.
That suezo looks great, but the mocchi is wack.
>>
>>2544268
Please don't be shit
>>
Play band of monsters!
>>
File: FGNAqxOX0AYDUHI.jpg (216 KB, 1200x849)
216 KB
216 KB JPG
A Switch and Xbox release of Bugsnax was announced. It's not quiet what is usually discussed in this thread, but it is a fun bug catching game.
>>
File: 2017-01-07-231529.jpg (114 KB, 960x544)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>2543155
the sidequest plots in Cyber Sluts were all top shelf stuff
>>
>>2542654
sin mecunni tensi
>>
Naedoko's Demon Ground is a really fun H-game. As far as mon games where the mons are generally disposable, SMT is definitely better overall because of the fusion and press turn systems, but I like how the itemization mechanic encourages collecting them all to see what item (and occasionally what mon) they turn into. If you don't like tentacles though, you're out of luck.
>>
>>2545142
I wish the relationships and the attempt at a first party creepypasta weren't obnoxious.
But it's really cool otherwise, even if the game is very frontloaded and spoiled by the trailer and pretty much any gameplay video so you can't actually go in blind.
>>
https://twitter.com/MonsterFarm_KT/status/1512297653660311555
An official Monster Rancher Tournament is happening next month. Are you going to enter?
>>
>>2545814
I had never heard of the game until a friend of mine told me to play it, so I went in blind and enjoyed it a lot. The characters really were kind of annoying so I kind of tuned them out after a while. The body modifications you could do to them was fun though.

>>2545878
No, but that's neat.
>>
>>2542895
Origins combat system kinda sucks, but the mining mini game is super fun.
Beyond the Portals is the closest the trilogy got to greatness.
>>
>>2542853
I'm playing this game right now and it's the most esoteric shit I've ever played. Had to look up a guide just to figure out what to do when my Digimon takes a shit in the street like a lower-caste Indian.
>>
>>2544127
I p[played digimon CS and it's fucking shit. Can't remember how far I got, maybe like chapter 15 before dropping it, I personally think Persona 4 is shit but this is even fucking worse
>>
>>2546603
The worst part is the plot is taken part and parcel from Soul Hackers, which is a significantly shorter game when it comes to dialogue.
I'd fuck the shit out of discount Rei Reiho baka desu senpai
>>
>>2546300
>spoiler
Yeah, glad you got to go in blind. It's really an experience for the game to just throw that at you.
>>
>>2544545
Only played the gameboy version, but I loved it.
>>
>>2546595
When I was a kid, I thought the "poop" icon was ice cream. So I thought they were hungry.
>>
Bump
>>
File: The Boys.jpg (373 KB, 1920x1080)
373 KB
373 KB JPG
>>2542654
It's definitely hard to say.
As generally unpopular as it is, I'm tempted to say Digimon World: Next 0rder. For some reason despite all it's faults, the general loop and progression throughout it all has led to me replaying it plenty of times just because I find it such a satisfying experience.
Runner-ups would probably be Monster Rancher 2, Fossil Fighters (both first and Champions), Shin Megami Tensei V and Monster Hunter Stories 2.
>>
File: 489854345.png (1.76 MB, 1365x640)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB PNG
>>2542654
Sidus is my favorite. Fighting against the Raptorian character and Hyperprism boss makes most of my weekend
>>
Alright, beat the story of Yokai Watch 1. The befriending mechanic got a bit better as I played and unlocked all the foods and bonus heart Yokai but it's still my biggest issue with the game. I was a little disappointed with how much cooler the late game designs got, I was digging how ugly everything was early game. I think now I'll cheat my team up to level 99, blitz the post game content and move on to 2.
>>
>>2549601
If you're willing to cheat, why didn't you enable the "always befriend" cheat?
>>
>>2549311
whats the mon aspect of this game?
>>2549114
I hate that next order never got a pc port. Too poorfag to get a ps4 just for that.
>>
>>2549605
cause I don't mind skipping post game grinding but I wanted to experience the main game the legit way? Also I don't think there is a cheat for that in the first game.
>>
File: masuda13.jpg (115 KB, 760x1030)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>2542654
>monster RPG thread
>not a single mention of Pokémon being anyone's favorite

I've done my job well.
>>
>>2549784
Pokemon has an entire board to itself there isn't much reason to post about it here unless the thread desperately needs a bump.
This is mainly for games that are too niche to maintain a thread on their own.
>>
File: monster26_kw02.jpg (137 KB, 960x540)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
>>2542654
Definitely mhs2, the gameplay is really good all things considered.
>>
>>2549610
Wonder if we'll get a port or decent ps4 emulation first
>>
>>2550098
Did you play the first? I tried it and was surprisingly bored by it. I can't remember what my exact problems were. I think one of them was that it felt very, very slow.
>>
>>2550146
I played the first on android and it started meh but after the ice zone it went enjoyable. Its was pretty much the same game for me.
>>
File: 3DS vs Mobile.jpg (311 KB, 1800x518)
311 KB
311 KB JPG
>>2550146
I did when it first came out. I'd say it's main issue is that it starts off really slow for the first two areas, but picks up after reaching the big city.
It is overall pretty slow though, namely in just it's traversing the overworld because of how big the areas are. I think even with 2's similarly large areas they do a better job of making it feel like it doesn't take as long like it does in the first.
>>
>>2550179
>>2550200
Maybe I'll try 2, then. Thanks.
>>
>>2550241
2 fortunately has a free demo which ends in the first zone plotpoint.
>>
>>2549784
I have nostalgia for gen 1-3 but Gen5 is the only one that I think they have great games
>>
>>2549784
Pokemon is good for romhacks and fangames.
That's it. BW/2, and maybe Colloseum/XD are the only official games in the series that hold up to real games, and even then not super well.
>>
>>2549784
It's been years since we got a Colosseum/Gales of Darkness tier game.
>>
>>2549601
Beat the third Oni. I loved how intense the final postgame fights got between the item spam, managing soultimates, and having to remove inspirits. Kinda like pokemon, the battle system essentially plays itself the entire game and then shows you a glimpse of greatness at the very end. Final team was Shogunyan/Snartle/Betterfly in the front, and Goldenyan/Kyubi/Tengu in the back. Goldenyan with the Tengu taunt inspirit was the absolute MVP of the final Oni fights, I got him off Crank-a-kai very early on and he was levelled with a +Def attitude the entire game, incredible tank. Overall I enjoyed the experience, but I'm definitely looking forward to playing 2 with some much needed QOL upgrades!
>>
Ok, since the beginning of the year i started to watch the last season of Pokemon (the last season I saw was Jhoto i think) and it left me wanting to play pokemon again (last game that i played was Emerald) and others monster catching games.
Playing now Pokemon Moon, Yokai Watch 2 and Coromon, surprisingly i'm having a blast playing them.
>>
>>2552073
Hows coromon? I started playing but always end up perfect hunting
>>
>>2542923
I'm loving it. It's pokemon 2. The wiki isn't complete so you can't look anything up. That's the part of my nostalgia that I could never get scratched. Aside from that, I'm not the best pokemon player so the difficulty is good. The coromon look ok. The battle pacing is about the same as pokemon. The QoL features are incredible. Catching a mon and swapping it with a party member is great. Just got stuck at boss 2. He's lvl 35 and my best is level 31 and I'm out of trainers to fight. Well worth 20 bucks.
>>
File: 20220416_213901.jpg (3.74 MB, 4624x2604)
3.74 MB
3.74 MB JPG
>>2552711
How do you have the patience for that? I only have 2 potent and havnt even seen a perfect. Dunpod looks like the knows how fucking stupid his name is and awesome the design is
>>
>>2542654
Pokémon Heart Gold is still my favorite.
>>
>>2542895
My friend had this game on his ds and I was always so fucking jealous. I should emulate it just to make my inner 11 year old happy.
>>
>>2553187
Get through the first boss and get the potent scents. Its just luck and resetting. I have 9 I think.
>>
I captured a cow in Rune Factory 5 today. It was cute.
>>
>>2553256
Never played Rune Factory before. How much of a /mon/ game is it?
>>
Digimon Survive is releasing in Japan July 28th. No word on the rest of the world.
>>
>>2555037
Doubt it's simultaneous release, but a few months to a year won't be so bad. I've waited longer for a tl
>>
File: 1379200581995.gif (2.99 MB, 480x320)
2.99 MB
2.99 MB GIF
>>2555037
>Digimon Survive is releasing
>>
>>2555037
But will it get a pc port?
>>
>>2555200
It was announced to come out on everything.
>>
>>2555203
Yup i'm buying it
>>
Wow it's /mon/day again already
>>
>>2542654
Cybersleuth was pretty fucking good. Have to admit I didn’t expect the “issues” the teens faced around them to be that relatable to typical Japanese teens. Hackers, leaked nudes, blackmailers, the whole after school maid waitress thing, etc. Props as well for not over complicating the Digimon mechanics and building it with the intent of being a standalone game rather than possible “future proofing” which only hinders creativity. Fuck Pokémon.
>>
>>2555037
I wish steam decks were available in my country. This shit would be perfect to play in bed. Oh well, I have a switch.
>>
>>2554898
Not much, capturing monsters is optional, you can party up with them or with the villagers but imo monsters are more worth it. You can ride monsters, get them to help you with your farm or just use them as a steady source of income and sustenance.
>>
>>2555764
Man I never once took a monster on a quest with me. Or a villager for that matter. Didn't finish the game though. Does it become necessary at a certain point? There seems to many ways to play those games.
>>
>>2555231
>Have to admit I didn’t expect the “issues” the teens faced around them to be that relatable to typical Japanese teens.
Please tell me you're a Lost Japanese who played Cybersleuth in it's native language; in English, these "issues" are namedropped or played as jokes. There's no inward-looking in Cyberslut.
>>
>>2555771
Nah, it's a very casual franchise and the main focus is finding a wife or husband to plant potatoes with.
>>
>>2542654
Touhou Puppet Dance Performance
>>
>>2555927
The best. Some puppets are OP though. I soloed the entire game with Speed Boost Miko.
>>
>>2543108
The problem of ripping off persona is that at least in persona games you can form harem of waifus, here I can't even flirt with my boss
>>
File: 264.jpg (522 KB, 2000x1000)
522 KB
522 KB JPG
>>2542654
>>
>>2556869
This is the only Final Fantasy game I've ever played.
>>
>>2556946
What did you think of it?
>>
>>2556869
I wanted to like it so badly, but it's such a ridiculously easy game that was clearly designed with children in mind.
>>
>>2557040
I enjoyed it but I never finished it. Stacks were neat, but it never felt like there was ever a reason to purposefully unstack unless you were about to tip over.
>>
>>2556869
I like how SQEnix would rather localised this shit than to localize the DQM games
>>
>>2556869
I need to keep playing it but other games keep distracting me.
Last thing I did was that big red dragon fight.
>>2557226
Agreed though. It's an interesting concept but it's unbalanced to the point where unstacking just has no real strategic uses, from what I played so far anyways. The fact you have to start a battle stacked is a testament to the favoritism towards it. Also the fact that the protagonists don't have a Small form, only Medium and Large, it limits the customizability as it means you'll always have to not use your favorite L or M mirage on of the two protags.
>>
File: tmtm.jpg (149 KB, 1920x1080)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
temtem, got a big update.
https://crema.gg/temtem/war-and-wages-cu1-is-finally-here-%E2%9A%94-%F0%9F%91%9B/
Looks nice, it's added a few more stuff, still not buying it till I can get it on my Series-X
>>
File: 2016-11-11-133410.jpg (69 KB, 960x544)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>2556869
cute but like the other two anons said it favors stacks way too much so you effectively only have two party members
late game for me was one attacker one dedicated healer and it got pretty boring
>>
>>2559625
Isn't it online? Are there even people around still?
>>
>>2559664
Yes, the game is alive. According to them next update will be full release. I like temtem, but I hope they don't take too long to release else they might need to face Pokémon S/V and nothing can compete with a Main line pokémon.
>>
>>2559675
They need to launch before September at the absolute latest if they don't want to get crushed by the November releases.
They are charging a pretty serious entry price so it's competing directly with AAA games.
>>
>>2559625
Looks like QoL. Not buying, I still find the art direction lacking.
>>
File: bugsnax.png (28 KB, 830x733)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
>>2545142
i like bunger
>>
>>2560260
why does bunger seem so much more appetizing than a regular burger?
>>
File: 1549619515351.jpg (88 KB, 493x637)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>Survive officially announced in the West for July 29
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH
>>
File: 1636485742470.gif (679 KB, 638x622)
679 KB
679 KB GIF
Can anyone help me start Digimon World? I restarted my playthrough and I've been focusing on training and making sure he/she/it shits in the toilet, I give him/her/it meat but the game says he/she/it's spoiled. What am I doing wrong? I train the stupid bitch all day and hates me.
Is there an item I can buy to pick up shit in the world? On my previous playthrough, where I got Bakemon, the damn thing shit goddamn everywhere.
Also, if the game is dubbed and officially translated, why is all the in-world text and voice barks are in Japanese? What's the deal?
>>
>>2560310
I think you need to get a shit monster to literally eat shit
>>
>>2560310
Play it with a guide. Not even kidding, that's the intended playstyle of the game. There's a handful of hidden stats that you need to keep track of. It's not just training, but weight that matters and some other shit.
>>
>>2560310
Why is your mon shitting all over? Take him to the damn potty. And you need a Numemon or a Sukamon to clean up the poop - they eat it.
>why is all the in-world text and voice barks are in Japanese?
The backgrounds are all pre-rendered. I imagine they didn't want to run all those renders again. I think it adds to the weirdo world design, personally.
>>
>>2560310
Have you been running away from fights a lot? That makes your digimon real pissy.
No, you need to memorize where the toilets are. I think what you're supposed to do is schedule around pooing because I'm pretty sure digimon are regular and until a digimon evolves or dies they will always need to shit at the same time every day.
>>
>>2560310
>Is there an item I can buy to pick up shit in the world?
if you digivolve into one of the shitmons like numemon or sukamon they'll eat the shits off the ground.
>>
>>2559625
Like most things in this game it's a lot of good ideas and hard work ruined by 1 or 2 really fucking dumb design decisions.
Trade hub is cool but max 3 day listings + 5% fee just for posting means it's unusable.
Sticker collecting is cool but the severe restrictions on trading them makes completing the collection without a second account you can mass-reset pretty much impossible.
Dojo wars are cool but clubs are already talking about sandbagging them because you need to fight the current holders to use the Dojo park.

It sucks watching a team of people pour so much time and effort into this game for it to constantly be ruined because the Director is retarded.
>>
File: 1570730031326.png (2.79 MB, 1920x1080)
2.79 MB
2.79 MB PNG
>>2556869
It's pretty alright.
>>
>>2560270
I'm hyped. Honestly, I'm just hoping it's a half-decent SRPG; I'll probably still like it since there isn't that much competition for Digimon games quality wise anyways.
>>
File: fear.jpg (117 KB, 736x736)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>2542654
Name a better battle system for TB monster catching RPGs than Pokemon.
SMT press turn system is overrated btw.
>>
>>2560631
I don't care what it is at this point, I'm sure I'll like it. Bit of VN choices, some digivolving, turn based battles. Whatever, sounds good. Just let me play.
>>
>>2560653
Literally all of them.
>>
>>2560672
Its 70% visual novel 30% srpg according to the devs just so you know. I'm still buying it even though I don't read visual novels.
>>
>>2560685
Sounds good to me. I've been playing 13 Sentinels recently and that game fucking blows my mind. Fucking love me some non-linear story telling.
>>
>>2560270
We made it digibros
>>
>>2560310
Play it like a real time monster rancher. You need to watch habits and food. Alternate between meat nad mushrooms. Shrooms makes the mon thin and meat fat.
>>
>>2560685
Fug, its gonna be shit then.
>>
>>2560310
>>2560354
I'm also fairly sure World has consumable portable toilet items, but you probably can't buy them right away.
>>
>>2560653
if only it wasn't slow as fucking snails. incredible how they made a million games and the combat is still as slow as it was on the gameboy, hopefully they learn from legends
>>
File: dg.jpg (629 KB, 1256x1080)
629 KB
629 KB JPG
currently having fun with world 1, you can literally taste the soul
>>
>>2560310
If you train too much you overwork them and they die. Too much meat and they get fat. If you never discipline they get spoiled. Dip your toes into the world little by little to expand your town before really worrying about evolving. Get a champion and go. You should say least have the upgraded meat farm, a shop, a restaurant, and a clinic by the time your first mon dies.
>>
File: Nice.jpg (215 KB, 1280x720)
215 KB
215 KB JPG
>>2560653
The problem is that Pokemon's depth is practically impossible to have against AI opponents. There's tons of variety, but none of it is ever remotely utilize in any of the actual solo experiences.
And even when it comes to competitive, there will always be a single best meta pick in any given generation. Your success could potentially entirely hinge on if you have a counter to that meta mon, and overall there's a lot of hinging on the counters in general for success. Don't have a Landorus-T counter? Then you better play really damn smart, your opponent play like an idiot, or get a lucky crit.

Bottom line, the only possible way Pokemon's battle system is anything special is when you add other people into it, as when it's against AI, 99% of the time you win by clicking the super effective move.

Also just because you say 'SMT press turn doesn't count' doesn't invalidate it, and the games allow themselves to have depth without the need for human players to make use of the tools the game has for it.
Fossil Fighters 1-2 encourages team building for more than just type advantage. Attack range and support skills also play an important part, as well as switching around the positions of your vivosaurs as the situation calls for it. Like Pokemon's dropped Rotation Battles but actually having thought put into it.
Monster Hunter Stories 2, despite the claim it's just 'rock paper scissors' has multiple other mechanics in play, from elemental strength/weaknesses, to specific monster parts being weak to specific weapon attack types. The optional boss monsters of the game require far more strategy and learning of their patterns than any single-player Pokemon battle.

The genre is so wide and varied that trying to dictate a single definitive best battle system is pointless and ignores the strengths each system has on their own merits.
>>
>>2561014
>Megadramon
Based
>>
>>2561031
>The problem is that Pokemon's depth is practically impossible to have against AI opponents.
Clover did it and it was as good as a well done Jrpg.
>>
>>2561031
>The problem is that Pokemon's depth is practically impossible to have against AI opponents.
Because there is no depth.
Smogon tiers exist precisely because Pokemons balance is an absolute fucking joke of powercreep and you need to MAJORLY divide it up and create all kinds of one-offs and exceptions to game rules to get something resembling a balanced battle experience.

Temtem actually pulled it off and they did it by just cutting 95% of the shit out of the game.
>>
File: gun1613.jpg (39 KB, 604x339)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>2560312
>>2560346
>>2560366
>>2560993
Ah, I see.
>>2560322
>>2560354
>>2561027
I've only been training on this playthrough, I've fought maybe one Digimon. If I let gabumon rest after a hard workout session, will it still die? I've been managing its shitting but it has a frowny face and a too-cool-for-school face by it's guages.
Moving forward with your advice anons, thankies for the help.
>>
File: s.jpg (531 KB, 1295x1080)
531 KB
531 KB JPG
>>2561689
just make sure they dont get tired, you'll know when they show a sweat bubble. this reduces their lifespan. so just count how many times you can train before getting tired and rest every now and then. i think resting 2 to 3 times at punimon's chair should get rid of their tiredness completely. eventually you get a clinic and its better to rest there.
also, i believe the hp and mp traning tire them out faster than the other ones. they also get more or less tired depending on their evolution stage.
>>
>>2561703
Its crazy how well received this game was and then they decided "Lets make our games typical JRPG linear dungeon crawlers instead"
>>
>>2561689
oh yeah and the game can be kinda buggy, if you're emulating it i recommend using multiple save states just in case.
>>
>>2561689
Those are the happiness and discipline meters. Long story short you want the colors to move to the right to make the faces turn yellow. They effect evolution and your digimon gets too sad a moth will appear and eat its stats.
>>
>>2561689
more discipline means your digimon is easier to raise and command but it also makes them live less. happiness makes them live longer.
and as a heads up, sometimes your digimon will refuse consuming items you give him like meds and stuff. scold them and try giving it to them again.
>>
>>2561703
>>2561751
Jijimon said that sometimes death is fine and sometimes it's a full restart, how do I make sure my digimon's stats reincarnate?
>>
>>2561847
Raise your tamer rank by getting medals (achievements), winning tournaments after you unlock them, and getting a digimon to perfect/ultimate stage.
The better it is the more strength is carried over.
>>
>>2561847
Iirc they keep boosted starts so long as you don't lose all three hearts.
>>
>>2561027
Fug, how i get the restaurant, clinic and item shop?
>>
>>2562640
Drill Tunnel will give you the restaurant eventually. As for those other two one of the digimon in the city tells you about the broken bridge and going to a beach in the east at a certain time and booing that will open up the areas you can find those establishments owners.
>>
Gabumon got his ass beat by wormmon (kunemon?) so I had to load a save, but I've gotten the grind down of attacking reasonable enemies.
>>
Just upgraded my watch to level B in YW2. The game is much better and bigger than YW1 so far, I definitely see what anons were talking about with the QoL upgrades. Both games have been really soulful with the amount of cutesy side content shit you can do, I always feel like I'm progressing various questlines and minigames when I run around the map. A big reason nu-pokemon is disappointing for me is that they've cut out most of this "pointless" filler that is actually the meat of the game. A bit weird that they give you the warping mirrors before the bike in 2 but hey I'm not complaining. So far my criticism is that I haven't really been encouraged to use many new Yokai. The A rank butterfly is available sooo early, Snartle is still OP, etc... I've got my nigga Pinkipoo on the team though so I'm happy.
>>
>>2562915
There's also an absolute shitton of postgame content for YKW2 as well. Also I don't mind not being 'encouraged' to change Yo-kai. I like having the option to use what I like or switch as I see fit.
In YKW3 there's a mechanic that actually lets you change a yo-kai's rank, so an E-rank could become an S-rank, so really it's free game about what exactly you want to use, even if some have better abilities and moves regardless.
>>
>>2562640
There's a shitton of mons to recruit for the restaurant, though the easiest is Drill Tunnel like >>2562717 said. Item shop and clinic are both tied to the same quest on the eastern side of what you can reach, you should listen to the rumors. That will also net you someone else highly useful for raising mons.
>>
>give gabumon four meat a day, two after morning shit and two in the evening
>battle it multiple times a day
>train it in between
>it turns into numemon
>>
>>2563275
Sometimes that will happen. So a quick rundown on evolution requirements and how Numemon happened to you. There are 4 groups in DW1 that govern evolution: Stats, Weight, Care Mistakes, and "Bonus". You need to hit 3 of those to be able to evo into a mon. For stats it's "At least this" for all required stats, for weight it's within 5g of the target, and for care mistakes there's a min or max. That gets reset every evo so if you need 5 to evo to champion and less than 2 to evo to ultimate, you can still get that line. There are only 3 actual care mistakes in the game: Pooping on the ground, not sleeping an entire sleep cycle, and not feeding your mon within 90 minutes of the prompt appearing. If the timer hits 0 because you were training you get 2 care mistakes instead of 1. Bonus is just random shit like Happiness, Discipline, battles, techniques, and sometimes digimon just have a "preferred" evo. Using your Gabumon as an example, one of the evos he can get is Centarumon. Centarumon requirements are 100 Brains, <=3 care mistakes, 30g weight, >=60 Discipline, >=28 Techniques. So since it's early game you would need some combo of 100 brains, 3 or fewer care mistakes, 25-35g weight, and greater than or equal to 60 discipline. If you don't meet the requirements for ANY mon(usually due to care mistakes), you get Numemon. And you get Sukamon when it fills the shit meter. There are also other evos that are special and have their own dumb requirements, like Nanimon needing you to scold a rookie with 0 Happiness and 0 Discipline.
>>
>>2563313
I thought if I fed the thing whenever it wanted, it would get spoiled
>>
>>2563319
How did you get that idea?
>>
>>2563326
Because I'm retarded
>>
>>2563313
I'm only four days in, should I restart and just feed when it's hungry? It gets really fucking hungry and I can't find the food to feed it.
>>
>>2563330
>I'm only four days in, should I restart
Unless you just want to follow a guide, just keep playing. The game has some complicated backend but even playing casually you should be fine. I beat it when it came out and was 6.
>>
>>2563098
>That will also net you someone else highly useful for raising mons.
Yes, baseline some ultimate requisites seem unreachable.
>>
>>2563275
If you don't complete the requisites for any evolution after 4-5 days you turn into numemon anyway I think
>>
>DW1
Why is my mon just standing still for 10+ seconds is it a bug or low speed? I'm in 100.
>>
Playing Pokemon fangames has convinced me that the Pokemon engine is just really limited in general desu.
>>
>>2563330
If you don't want a numemon you can restart, but honestly it's not a big deal. You could also use this as a chance to fuck around and learn the layout of the land with no fear of the consequences. Let your mon starve, let it die, who cares. Just learn where stuff is and hoard items.
>>
>>2563782
Its not speed, its just dumb and thinking about what to do. At higher INT you get the ability to call out a specific move to use instead of just "hey dipshit, attack"
>>
>>2564038
Gotta increase brain then thx. Also as I play I'm starting to understand why it was so hard to play this as a kid, there is so much to unlock and push to get better results and get to good ultimates.
>Capcha 2gay
>>
>>2561689
Training is good but don't overtrain your digimon. You can still get stats from defeating other wild digimon and items anyway. Doing it for 3 - 4 hours a day is enough.
>>
Today is monday again, what are you playing
>>
>>2565966
Nothing, I'm just waiting for anon to update us with his progress in DW1. I have more fun telling people the nonsense way that game works than playing it for the 800th time.
>>
>>2565966
I might've just gotten Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3 Professional to finally run semi-decently.
So, if all goes well, I should be playing it.
If not, probably Fossil Fighters 1.
>>
What's a good monster collector/tamer in rpgmaker? Language doesn't matter.
>>
>>2565966
Nothing today, but I've been playing Legends Arceus recently.
>>
>>2566013
I got interested myself after that anon and started a dw1 run, I've never finished that game before.
>>
>>2566039
Hopefully the one I'm making, but I don't know when it will be finished, otherwise (if you didn't know) disc creatures was made on rpgmaker.
>>
File: 1466218846034.png (687 KB, 811x764)
687 KB
687 KB PNG
>>2549784
Pokemon should probably get its own thread. Only worries are the mods deleting it and it attracting the retards from /vp/.
>>2549944
/vp/ is fucking unusuable. You literally cannot discuss the Pokemon games anymore without some dedicated shitposter squadron showing up and immediately spamming the thread to death. Even /v/ is far better for actually talking Pokemon and it's fucking /v/.
>>
>>2544545
Awesome game, replayed it many times, and always wish they made a second one that would succeed it. I think it's a hidden gem, and I'm always excited when I see people mention it.
>>
File: References.png (2.71 MB, 1644x2500)
2.71 MB
2.71 MB PNG
>>2566039
Without any hint of irony, ShotaxMonsters.
For an hgame, it actually encourages team-building by why of certain monsters and attacks having synergy with one another. Some of the boss monsters require actually using statuses to deal with them and not get destroyed, and general use of statuses and type advantage, both elemental and in weapon-type, worthwhile. Equipment is very useful, some even giving new skills. You can only save in-town, making long trips in dungeons very risky as you could lose a lot of progress if you're too reckless. I've heard some describe the dungeon exploration of the game similar to Etrian Odyssey, though I can't confirm that myself as I haven't played those games.
There's a new game+ that lets to transfer over all recruited monsters at level one to use monsters you didn't before from the very start, 3 bonus mini-dungeons for normal difficulty and higher with 3 new bosses, one of which is absolutely brutal, and then another set of 3 bonus fights after you clear that. NG+ also has 4 new classes to choose from, along with a new Insane difficulty option.

It's a genuinely really fun and well-made rpgmaker game. The only thing that stops me from fully recommending it is it's h-scenes, as they're completely unskippable, even on repeat playthroughs. It especially sucks if you aren't into the shit the game is about, being gay shotas. Which I hope is fixed for the sequel. Plus that sequel looks like it's going to have even more depth, with monsters being able to give each other their moves. But couldn't fault anyone for not playing because of that.
>>
File: 564434223.gif (2.63 MB, 282x354)
2.63 MB
2.63 MB GIF
>>2566183
>all those typos
Should've proofread.
>>
>>2565966
Monster Rancher 2 DX
>>
File: 1492677628070.jpg (12 KB, 240x250)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>2566183
>ShotaxMonsters
>hgame
Anon, this is illegal.
>>
File: 53424248.jpg (493 KB, 2000x1000)
493 KB
493 KB JPG
>>2566360
No more illegal than Monster Girl Quest, at least.
>>
>>2566360
No it's not, as long as it has plot it has literary value and no children were harmed in the making of the game.
>>
>>2566377
That makes it morally acceptable, not legal. That shit doesn't fly in courts, I've seen it. You still get put on sex offender register and go to prison and have to tell people you are in there for jerking it to cartoons.
>>
>>2566383
>That makes it morally acceptable, not legal
No anon, that's literally what makes it legal.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/obscenity
>>
>>2566393
Oh right, you don't live in a police state. Different country, fren. Continue.
>>
>>2566405
You can theoretically get arrested for loli/shota in America but only one guy actually has; everyone else had other, more dangerous materials that made their cases more pertinent.
>>
>>2566410
IIRC, that one guy was in the military in active service, hence the harsher treatment.
>>
>>2566419
Nah Christopher Handley was a comic book collector.
>>
>>2565966
Pocket Gal Hunter. It was decent. It's fundamentally a romhack of Pokemon; it's the type of game someone would like if they like playing random romhacks of pokemob like me without actually being a romhack or an outright fan game like Pokemon Uranium.

>>2566437
Oh, thanks for the information, I misremembered that badly then.
>>
>>2566034
the ride fusion mechanic in this game is so fucking busted. the vanilla version of that game is way harder
>>
>>2566183
No RPGmaker game has good gameplay, don't try to trick people when you shill.
>owo the porn in this game is what stops me from fully recommending it
Bullshit. The porn is why you played it and it's why you're bringing it up.
>>
File: abilities.png (284 KB, 640x480)
284 KB
284 KB PNG
>>2542654
Monster Girl Quest Paradox has like 600 recruitable monsters with stupidly in-depth systems
>>
>>2566780
>Resist Incontinence
>>
>>2566585
I wasn’t going to play that game anyway, but you can’t really believe that?
>>
File: 75664367454.png (393 KB, 1271x643)
393 KB
393 KB PNG
>>2566585
You're right. I originally played it for the porn, but I kept playing it for the gameplay.
I've replayed it like, 6 times. Beaten it on every difficulty, maxed out happiness from every monster, have almost 100% gotten all the equipment in the game, and done challenge runs of only using themed teams.
And, genuinely, the h-scenes become more of an annoyance on repeat playthroughs, as they're always the same. You're forced to look at them, one in the middle of a dungeon, and one after you beat a dungeon. The only variety is that you get to pick one of 4 town boys to have a scene with, which actually raise your stats differently depending on who you pick, but I've scene them all so all I can do now is mash through them. So yes, the h-scenes are the biggest reason why I can't fully recommend it, both for their content and their unskippability.
Also some of the secret bosses were genuinely really difficult and probably took like, 5+ tries to beat, with me needing to learn it's patterns and change up my team to deal with them.

I am completely honest with everything I said about it. I do genuinely love of the game for it's gameplay and without it being as in-depth as it is, with all it's content, I wouldn't have played it more than once.
But, can't make you believe me, ultimately.
>>
>>2566780
>has both a job and a race system
>Both the job and race systems have two tiers of upgrades for most of the basic jobs or races
Honestly, it's less like a mon game and more like FFV on steroids and a lot more characters.
>>
>>2542654
Any new monster collecting games coming out soon?
>>
>upgraded my meat farm with Palmon
>can easily make Tyrannomon's daily meat by stealing lunch money from Betamon, Vegimon, and Goblimon
>almost done with the Drill Tunnel quest
>Tyrannomon shits maybe ONCE a day because he's bulkan, and I know where TWO (2) toilets are
>stats befitting a champion
I have finally figured out Digimon World (PS1). Thank you for the help anons, things are finally turning up Milhouse.
>>
>>2569472
Good for you for making Tyrannomon work. He was a nightmare to care for if you got him too early because of his appetite.
>>
>>2569511
He went like three days with only 3 regular meats a day and some scrounged mushrooms. Fortunately he's gained a lot of weight back and hasn't digivolved into a shitmon so I think he's doing alright. He also love and respects me a bunch.
>>
>Digimon Survive released this year
>SMTV was released last year
>We finally have a Soul hacker sequel
Now , I only need a new cyber sleuth and WoFF2
>>
>>2569563
We don't need a new Cyber Sleuth specifically, but a new Digimon Story game is always nice. The Soul Hacker sequel shouldn't have been advertised as a sequel and should have been advertised as a spin off. I like to think of it as Soul Crackas instead.
>>
>>2569472
Based anon making it. There's a lot of bullshit in the game and it's a janky mess, but it's a good time.
>>
>>2569472
Yeah now try to get to champion without kabuterimon, its pain
>>
>>2569649
to ultimate* I fuckd up
>>
>>2569563
>soul hackers sequel
>sequel
don't kid yourself
>>
File: azuredreams.jpg (595 KB, 1379x1080)
595 KB
595 KB JPG
>talking to people while stepping on their food changes their dialogue
soul
>>
>>2569649
It's not too bad, but it basically requires you to know and plan beforehand on what to get.
>>
>>2569850
To expand on this: the restaurant should be the only place you feed any digimon you're training, once you can afford it. The stat boosts add up fast and are crucial in getting the 500/5000 stat requirements.
>>
>>2569866
>the restaurant should be the only place you feed
Oh I've been ignoring it, fuck.
>>
>>2570053
its okay i completely ignored it too during my first playthrough
>>
>>2570053
You probably can't afford it just yet, but be aware of what it does and make use of it next go through or the one after. You'll be surprised at how useful it is.
>>
>>2570142
I've got 10k bits I think, unlocked the arena recently.
>>
File: megabromon.png (940 KB, 908x583)
940 KB
940 KB PNG
I did it guys
>>
>>2571679
nice job
>>
>>2571679
Boy, you're really making me want to play this. It's probably been 18 years since the last time.
>>
I got Numemon again, and he's really hard to feed. I got his brains high enough to be functional in battle, but I can't make enough bits for meat.
Do I keep training and battling where I can? I'm not getting metamon or whatever it digivolves to, already made mistakes. Is there a way to inherit stats, if your digimon has high raising stats?
>>
>>2572172
I think it can evolve into monzaemon but it needs a lot of stats.
>>
>>2569838
cope harder, smtranny.
>>
>>2560653
pokemon's combat is incredibly slow, dull and primitive. autists have made a bigger deal out of it than it deserves.
>>
>>2571859
I highly recommend it, next cycle I'm building a skullgreymon, care mistake time.
>>
File: Rareraremon.jpg (434 KB, 840x840)
434 KB
434 KB JPG
Rareraremon is beautiful that is all
>>
>>2572172
Hit up the toy factory next time you can. If that's not open to you just take the time to connect items and prepare for the next cycle.
>>
>>2562950
Man, you weren't kidding anon. I can't believe how many areas they made only for postgame. I'm even getting a little burnt out lol so much of this is gated behind waiting real life days and I hate changing my 3ds clock. Overall I enjoyed both games but I understand why anons said YKW1 was skippable, YKW2 added new areas but the actual combat hasn't changed at all and is still very shallow item spam by endgame. I'm gonna take a break before 3 but I'm definitely looking forward to them changing things up.
>>
>>2572970
that guy looks fucking cool, how i wish more digimon looked like actual monsters and didn't turn into knights/humans
>>
>>2573243
>how i wish more digimon looked like actual monsters and didn't turn into knights/humans
this but for every franchise
>>
File: lotsofstatboosts.png (1.31 MB, 970x736)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB PNG
I dunno how much it can last now on 15 days
>>
>>2573273
how's its virus bar? you can turn it into sukamon by filling it and turn him back by talking to king sukamon. this will get you some extra days
>>
>>2572970
digimon chads... i kneel...
>>
File: 1628596740982.png (451 KB, 1024x1024)
451 KB
451 KB PNG
>>2573243
I think this only feels like the case because a lot of the popular, shilled Digimon are knights/humans.
In reality I'd be surprised if half of all Perfects/Ultimate were actually knight/humans.
>>
>>2573484
I think its low, only pooped once. 17 days so far so good. Also is doing seadramon minigame impossible with old rod?
>>
>>2573580
yeah it's possible. reeling it in will be pretty hard though
>>
File: 569-gi.png (74 KB, 250x250)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
>>2573491
Gigantamax Garbodor is just as based regular Raremon, so it evens out here.
>>
>>2573499
most ultimates end up being humons, unfortunately.
>>
>>2573499
If I could even find a complete list, one of these days I'll actually tally them all up and finally settle this meme.
>>
>>2574177
Wikimon has everything, but you'd have to check every page individually.
>>
Is it possible to get brachiomon on world 1?
>>
>>2574694
no
>>
>>2574694
I don't think it's possible to get brachiomon in any digimon game. DW3 at least had some evolution of it. Was a big brachiosaurus with massive guns on its back. Goddamn I loved DW3. Literally the perfect game for a kid into rpgs and digimons. Felt like there were endless possibillities.
>>
>>2575722
Gonna try dw3 after finishing 1, never played it ever
>>
>>2576110
It's more like Cybersleuth. Just a JRPG. But it's got a special place in my heart. You basically pick between three starter packs of digimon and then level them up and delevel them and shit like that to get digimon. In the game the digiworld is an MMO that terrorists hijack and the game looks so good. Not so much the battle sprites, but everything else looks great.
>>
>>2576141
Oh so its like story series
>>
>>2576192
kind of. there is no monster collecting aspect though. there are only like 7 digimon you can get.
>>
File: Duna.jpg (165 KB, 1197x1620)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
Fossil Fighters.
>>
File: 2569085.png (234 KB, 500x700)
234 KB
234 KB PNG
>>2577368
Gone too soon.
Murdered by incompetence.
>>
File: 1534917477156.png (105 KB, 585x516)
105 KB
105 KB PNG
Happy /mon/day, faggots
>>
>>2577884
Rude, but also one day closer to Survive.
>>
File: magi nation.png (4 KB, 160x144)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
More people should play Magi Nation. Honestly the monster-raising elements are pretty limited and I feel like you're mostly encouraged to just stack your deck with the strongest things you can find but it's got a ton of soul.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm0bWgj-G_M
>>
File: dw1_msm.png (1.47 MB, 947x660)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB PNG
Got snek, city prosperity 45 what do I do now?
>>
>>2578318
Take on Mt Infinity.
>>
>>2578334
How do I get there? I think the two areas I haven't fully explored are the haunted mansion, the ice dungeon, factorial town and toy city
>>
>>2578338
Talk to jijimon.
>>
>>2578318
Go recruit more mons. Did you get Kabuterimon? Vademon? Leomon? A lot of guys open up at 45 prosperity.
>>
>>2578334
That's at 50 prosperity anon, he can't yet.
>>
File: jack.png (471 KB, 640x480)
471 KB
471 KB PNG
>>2566780
For me, it's Jack 'o Lantern.
>>
>>2578365
>Kabuterimon
Yes, gotta get the other two
>>
File: 1623707455845.jpg (25 KB, 462x429)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
I've been playing Monster Rancher for the first time on Switch and I've unironically fallen in love with Holly. I woke up at 3am today and spent the next 3 hours lying in bed thinking about her.

I fantasized that I lived on the ranch with her and our Zoom, just the three of us, and even though she was obviously making efforts to connect emotionally with me I forced myself to remain distant and feign indifference to her due to my crippling insecurities and all the emotional walls I'd built up over the years, preferring instead to wallow in my own self-inflicted misery instead of simply admitting that I liked her too. Then one morning I caught her in the stable with her skirt hiked up, playing with Zoom's red rocket. Holly's terror-stricken face went white as she looked at me. She was absolutely emotionally devastated at being discovered in such a shameful act. I told her to go to her room. She left silently. I knew it was my fault this happened. She must be so frustrated, being cooped up on this ranch with me. After I gather my thoughts I went to her room and saw her sitting on her bed, eyes screwed shut, holding a gun to her head (we keep a pistol for self-defense). I screamed her name and lunged forward, knocking the gun away and embracing her in wild emotion. Sobbing, I admit all my feelings for her and how much she means to me. Then we had sex.

Anyway my first monster was a soccer ball with 10 in all stats and he got curbstomped and died in the first tournament, is that normal?
>>
File: 1640228297447.png (83 KB, 698x902)
83 KB
83 KB PNG
>>2580092
>Anyway my first monster was a soccer ball with 10 in all stats and he got curbstomped and died in the first tournament, is that normal?
No. Your first monster should have like, 70-100 states across the board. Dying from a tournament is an extremely rare thing normally as usually it only ever happens if your monster takes like 2x their health in damage, I believe it was.
>>
>>2580132
Okay, my second monster is a car tire with ~130 across the board so I guess I got lucky this time? The guy keeps saying I didn't summon a monster, only its soul, and I don't know what that means because it's apparently still tournament legal? I think he's saying that because of its species (they were both wheel things). I'm trying not to look anything up online and just play naturally like kid me would. I played some Princess Maker before and it seems to have the same game flow so I'm doing okay I think. I need more Holly in my life though. Does she have the same personality in the anime or did they make her "le angry Misty"?
>>
File: 1639520015652.png (560 KB, 574x404)
560 KB
560 KB PNG
>>2580174
Yeah you should be fine. And yeah the whole 'didn't summon a monster' thing is just unique to that breed of monster just as a lore tidbit.
Can't make a comment on the anime. Haven't watched it, but I might someday.
>>
File: 94655495_p0.jpg (285 KB, 1200x720)
285 KB
285 KB JPG
>>2580092
>I've been playing Monster Rancher for the first time on Switch and I've unironically fallen in love with Holly. I woke up at 3am today and spent the next 3 hours lying in bed thinking about her.
seek help
>>
>>2580092
Could we focus on the mons and not the zoophilic caretakers please
>>
>>2559625
it's neat but I don't like any of the mons so I don't play it anymore.
>>
Do you anons think its okay to disambiguate pokeclones
> nexomon
> coromon
> temtem
from /mon/ games
>everything else
Not trying to bash the former but they do copy the mechanics to a really high degree.
>>
>>2555037
is this digimon disgaea?
>>
>>2560268
Thats the ruse working on you.
>>
>>2561031
this
>>
>>2567048
Why do they all look like the same kid but with a different outfit? An example of bad monster design.
>>
>>2581936
Yes they're basically a subgenre in a subgenre they need to at least be classified differently
>>
File: 1635239804789.jpg (1.74 MB, 2418x3225)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB JPG
>>2581961
Yeah the artist does have an issue with same-face. The designs are only good, in my opinion anyways, when you see them in full.
>>
>>2581936
/mon/ isn't so crowded that the pokeclones need their own thread, but they are definitely their own subgenre of mon games with a lot of common mechanics. They aren't exactly the same, but they are all blatantly pokemon inspired. I'd hate to simply call them pokeclones, but it's a better subgenre name than Metroidvania at least.
>>
>>2581976
Gays have no taste
>>
>>2581936
They should be distinguished but at the same time they still belong in this thread.
>>
>>2581942
More like Digimon Devil Survivor.
>>
File: 102.gif (920 KB, 446x374)
920 KB
920 KB GIF
>>2581976
Yeah those are some lewd children alright. Only thing I can really say is they'd look REAL good as adults.
>>
File: 2000.png (1.15 MB, 1200x719)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
how is neopets still alive?
>>
>>2583837
>how is neopets still alive?
>>
>>2583837
NFTs
>>
>>2583845
I thought the scientologists sold it awhile.
>>
>>2559625
Do all the monsters still look like ass?
>>
>>2583847
they won't last long then since the nft bubble burst already.
>>
File: 1634051185686.png (488 KB, 751x417)
488 KB
488 KB PNG
>>2561014
i'm playing re digitize decode, i can't stand dw1 gym roulette
>>
>>2584075
Post tit slits.
>>
waiting for Coromon on Switch
>>
>Narrative choices decide what Digimon you get in Survive
This is honestly all I've ever wanted. I don't care about training and all that shit. Give me some narrative reason for my digimon turning into a sperg.
>>
>>2584586
Thats pretty based
>>
Does anyone have any broken tricks or strategies for Monster Sanctuary? I began playing it and easily steamrolled the early game and its champion monsters, but when I had to fight the nerdy rival he completely trashed me. I thought I was doing well until that point.
>>
>>2584586
I'm trying hard to not spoil myself on the evolutions. I can't wait to see what Digimon I'll get
>>
>>2574655
>>2574177

You can see them all here but a lot of Digimon should really not count as Digimon. They added the VR digimon clone thigs and fucking noncanon chinese manhau frontier sequel bullshit and I'm too lazy to fight a wiki war.

https://wikimon.net/Visual_List_of_Digimon
>>
File: Brachiomon.jpg (26 KB, 320x320)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>2574694
>>2575722

He's in the DS games. I hope he's an evolution in Survive for Agumon. I love how he looks so much like Greymon.
>>
File: Dcg-BT7-012.jpg (376 KB, 430x600)
376 KB
376 KB JPG
>>
>>2584686
I already played the ds games but thanks.
>Looks like Greymon
The orange/blue pallete works surprisingly well for dinosaurs (tigrex too)
>>
>>2545764
I need to redownload that one
>>
>>2584586
the idea sounds neat but i don't expect their to much diversion. we know the game has 3 routes so i expect there to only be 3 evo lines per digimon.
>>
>>2584674
Yeah same, gonna go hard as soon as it's out and not read anything. I'll be moderately sad if it's just metal greymon or skull greymon sort of deal.
>>
>>2584686
>>2584689
The stitched mouth is so fucked. Why would you do this to yourself.
>>
File: Wizarmo_xerox_line.png (60 KB, 500x356)
60 KB
60 KB PNG
>>2585114
Stitched mouths are one of my favourite design quirks in digimon but I have no idea why they have it.

>>2585112
Habu tends to use obscureish Digimon and if we get digimon that are enemies we might end up with some good stuff. Most of the child Digimon besides Agumon were picked because they were underused too.
>>
File: Meramon.jpg (74 KB, 320x320)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>2585114
>>
>>2584075
>i can't stand dw1 gym roulette
the roulette is complete bullshit, i just ignored it
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXUlVG21wEc
>>
>>2583837
Sunk Cost.
It's the reason dead MMOs still have a few dozen players at least, if you've spent a lot on a game it's extremely hard to put it down.
>>
File: chus.png (6 KB, 515x191)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
I had an idea for a Jade Cocoon 2 speedrun route. The current route uses the base Luch (which can be bought from the store at the beginning of the game) however I think the Geraluch might be faster and more consistant.
Pros: Higher speed for potentially outspeeding more enemies as well as missing less often, higher strength growth past baby stage, better compatibility with Monoculus meaning more merge points by merging with it for Imago (which fully evolves it on merge, leading to better growths from the start), and its best compatibility gives the attack Shockwave which is not only better damage than the Luch's Burn Crash but also is an AoE to wipe out multiple enemies at once. Also slightly lower Exp required per level, resulting in faster level ups.
Cons are the Gereluch line's bonus traits are HP Up compared to Luch's Strength Up, lower bulk potentially making it more susceptible to dying, and obviously the fact that you can't just buy it from the store to start with it.
Missing the Strength Up traits are partially mitigated by the fact that the Infinite Cognet glitch exists, which can be exploited to buff its Strength to obscene levels.
>>
>>2587451
I remember being excited when I walked into a used game store in like 2005 and seeing Jade Cocoon 2 on the wall. I had no idea it existed until that point. I immediately bought it.
And was immediately disappointed with how different it was. Haven't played it again to this day. Anyway, if I can get over all the changes, do you think it would be worth trying it again solely for the gameplay?
>>
>>2587475
I enjoy it, but I've also never played the first game so I didn't come in with any specific expectations.

The main issue I have with it is the dialogue/localization being really bad. At least it's bad in a so-bad-its-kinda-funny woolseyism way. But a lot of the lines, especially the voiced lines, are noticeably translated independently of every other line in the conversation. You'll frequently see characters refer to the person they're talking to by name multiple times in a conversation. Characters will say things like "Kahu's working hard, too." when talking TO Kahu. They'll frequently emphasize the wrong words.

Actually the dialogue being a blind idiot translation is my 2nd biggest issue. My biggest issue is the bugs related to certain abilities. Any ability with the name [GENUS] Killer, like Bug Killer or Drac Killer is bugged to do nothing. And since there's a shitload of them, that's just a bunch of useless crap. Also there are like 3 or 4 attacks that you just can't get because they fucked up and didn't let you get the Kalma for them.

But aside from those, it's still fun building up your team of beasts, going through the forests, and fighting in the arena.
>>
>>2587506
That sounds like a resounding "no" to me. I appreciate the response.
Try the first one sometime. The premise is very melancholic and beautiful.
>>
>>2587506
>I've also never played the first game
TThat's a big hefty ooft right there. Emulate that shit right. That game is a childhood staple of mine. The world is amazing and smushing monsters together feels so good. It blew my little mind.
>>
What do I do about the virus meter? Is there a way to train faster? This is the quickest I've gotten a level 4.
>>
>>2587576
>What do I do about the virus meter?
it fills when your digimon shits outside the toilet and when it's full it'll turn into a sukamon. Just stock up on porta-potties and you'll be fine.
>>
>>2587600
I know you can visit a digimon to turn it back, but can sukamon even fight? Numemon with more skills still sucks and basically useless for bullying digimon for lunch money.
>>
Saw this in my recommendeds, thought it was interesting. Had a nice mention of Dragon Quest Monsters as the inspiration.
https://youtu.be/ohYIUxmxI-I
>>
File: Degimon.png (441 KB, 720x1085)
441 KB
441 KB PNG
>>2542654
Digimon World DS was funnier than I remembered.
Too bad my team is a bit lame, I should have gotten a Cannondramon.
>>
I heard that in Coromon the mons being shiny literally makes their stats better. How much does it affect a regular playthrough? Sounds pretty shitty if you have to grind for shinies just to be able to beat the game.
>>
>>2588509
well autism makes you want to get a full shiny team but its not THAT difficult after unlocking potent scents.
>>
File: Pokemon Peak Generation.jpg (1.4 MB, 2372x2112)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB JPG
>>2542654
Poke-oldfag here. Bee replaying my favorite generation of the games. Just did a Y run, about to start an Omega Ruby one.
>>
>>2589240
Gen 6 was just full of wasted potential.
>>
>>2589240
Oras is more replayable than xy and sm so go for it. Soundtrack is god tier too.
>>
File: jim-lahey.jpg (43 KB, 660x515)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>2589674
>Soundtrack is god tier too.
>the Primal Groudon/Kyogre music slipping back into their RSE era themes
Fuckin kino. And Sootopolis' remix kept it the best town song in the entire series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eb_y2h6E74
>>
Its close to one year since monster hunter stories 2 launched. With sunbreak releasing next month are we close to some news on this series?
Hopes and wishes for next game?
>Obvs bigger roster
>Less or nonexistant navirou
>Elemental changing returns
>Genes but for riders
>More improvements to the battle system
>>
>>2542654
Pokemon Reborn
>>
>>2590339
isn't that like an essential game full of red flags? What are its selling points
>>
>>2590430
>What are its selling points
it's hilariously edgy
>>
File: Lumiose_City_map.png (1.67 MB, 1000x1000)
1.67 MB
1.67 MB PNG
>>2589644
What potential was wasted?
>>2589674
My latest playthrough was with Y. I liked it. I've never been a big fan of Hoenn.
The only really bad part of X & Y is fucking Lumiose City. I get that they were being experimental and ambitious. But, holy shit I really want nothing to do with this city.
>>
File: Magmapillar.png (3 KB, 96x52)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>>2584655
That's how my first playthrough went too. You need to keep in mind that this ISN'T a Pokemon ripoff. Hitting weaknesses may take you far but you're in for a rude awakening around the last fifth or so of the game.
Pay attention to a monster's passive skills and how they can synergize with other monster's skills. Also, Magmapillar is endgame material. You want to keep it in your party.
>>
>>2584655
There's one quirky mini-boss squad fight that's WAY overtuned.
The one in the lava place.
Just go somewhere else until your team comes together a bit better, getting to a new ability tier is a big deal.

For overall strategies, doing big burst damage is actually pretty tough unless you build your team entirely around it and have access to enablers.
I think the strategy most people use for mid-game is just throw as many debuffs and DoTs out as you can.
>>
>>2590915
Xy and sm are unreplayable because of their high story/dialog content. If you enjoyed it thats okay but for the rest its pretty much a standard.
>>
>>2591195
>Xy and sm are unreplayable because of their high story/dialog content.
Sometimes i wonder why people like you even play JRPGs.
XY & USUM (SM to an extend) are shit cause the dialog is unskippable and is shit and predictabl.

SM story was good, but replay drop cause GF never play a JRPG in their lives
>>
>>2591529
>Keyword unREplayable
>I wonder why you play jrpgs
>Its bad because dialogue can be skipped and story is bad
Anon are you having a stroke? You just agreed with what I said and critized me in the same post.
>>
>>2591529
Pokemon didn't start as a story heavy RPG series, it focused more on letting you go on an adventure and find new creatures to collect. If it had always been dialog heavy from Red and Green you would see less people complain, but with the increase in "plot" and dialog the games also began watering down the actual adventuring part.
>>
>>2591556
This but to add: story has been implied, vague, exploration based and decision driven in most old games (gen 6 and 7 uses this little and poorly). Most of the lore there is you read on books or talking to npcs.
>>
>>2591529
>and is shit and predictabl[e]
It's a Pokemon game.
You know I think /vp/ regularly forgets who the target audience for these games are.
>>
>>2591535
all you said was "high story/dialog content". Be more specific next time.
>>
>>2591648
>You know I think /vp/ regularly forgets who the target audience for these games are.
Dragon Quest is for literally toddlers, yet have more variety then Pokemon.
Why do people pretend to know shit.
>>
>>2591652
>My reading comprehension is bad so you should elaborate and write a long post
Still should check for stroke, just to be safe anon
>>
>>2591648
Digimon is/was for kids but in some installments explored more complex themes. I think its a bad excuse to blame it on
>Heh jokes on you its a game for kids anyway
>>
>>2591657
Dragon Quest is for the whole family, and while it is a multimedia franchise, the games don't make up less than 10% of total sales like Pokemon. Also it's a singleplayer series as far as I'm aware, unless there's an MMO.
>>2591667
Digimon is definitely for "more mature" kids than Pokemon. Pokemon is like 3-13, Digimon is more 13-15 (or 15-20 in the case of the more modern entries). Digimon are also literally covered in guns and knives the stronger they get, unless they turn into mecha with guns and knives on them.

Ultimately adult Pokemon fans seethe when they get something children enjoy a lot, while forgetting that they not only aged past Digimon but also past the majority of megaten games. So instead of moving onto other monster collecting games, they just play the same games over and over again while bitching about games they haven't played in almost a decade. Many who bitch and moan will play RPGMaker kusoge or gen 3 romhacks that were made by kids who should have moved up to Digimon but wanted to make their own Pokemon game that ends up being horribly cringe-inducing with poor use of swear words and nonsensical violence. No shame in playing those games, I've more than a few romhacks I've completed.
Whenever people say "Pokemon has gotten objectively worse," I've actually played the games as they came out with the exception of RSE (to the point where Kanto pisses me off now) and I can't say they've actually gotten worse. Swish maybe, I didn't play that one but it's a visual downgrade from sumo/usum. None of the Pokemon games are peak RPG, they're baby games for babies with multiplayer feature that works exceptionally well. It's honestly equivalent to saying Call of Duty has gotten worse because it's singleplayer aspect has gone from walking in a straight line through setpieces to walking in a straight line through setpieces.
You can argue this post all you want, but you're objectively wrong.
>>
>>2591648
>it's for kids so it's okay that it's bad
Hate this argument so fucking much.
>>
>>2591700
>Digimon is more 13-15 (or 15-20 in the case of the more modern entries).
Sure recent Digimon games have strayed more towards teens, but for the first 2 decades it existed it's target audience was elementary school kids, the same demographic Pokemon targets.
>>
>>2591707
>but for the first 2 decades it existed it's target audience was elementary school kids, the same demographic Pokemon targets.
Re:Digitize came out 15 years after the virtual pet did. While your point is fair, it's still very obviously a different audience (ever since Digimon games came out they've been an alternative to pokemon and not a knockoff)
>>
>>2591707
This, for the whole 90s audience pokemon and digimon competed in the same market. Due to pokemon winning, it all changed though.
>>
>>2591661
You were vague as shit. Even business men and engineers would agree.
Your post could have been interpreted in many ways.
Remember that they are schizos who thinks that XY story was great
>>
>>2542654
I still play Pokemon from time to time. Mostly custom ROMs because you can't get entirely all 'mons via normal ROMs. Right now I'm torn between Renegade Platinum or Sacred Gold.
>>2549784
Pokefag reporting in.
>>
>>2591715
>You were vague as shit. Even business men and engineers would agree.
I'm an engineer, am I allowed to be vague then?
>>
>>2591700
>the games don't make up less than 10% of total sales like Pokemon.
What this have to do about anything? Games should be good regardless.
>Also it's a singleplayer series as far as I'm aware,
So?
Pokemon is too.
Monster Hunter is too yet have more effort put into. MH game before world were just like Pokemon. Rehashes every year, yet MH team was ambitious to make world as it is. Something Pokemon will never get, cause GF devs are real gamers.

Also. MH is also made for toddlers.
>unless there's an MMO.
Google is Right there.

the real kicker is the Yokai Watch had more effort put into it than Pokemon yet still became popular.
Story was decent. Not too complex, but not too boring and bear bones than Pokemon.
The maps are well design unlike Pokemon {hall ways}. Remember when Masuda said that Jap kids got lost in Mt. Corenet. Yet every path in YKW have branching path that would theoritically lead to one being lost. Yet toddlers still beat the game.

All Pokemon get is excuses, excuses, excuses. And the same fags turn around muddy the efforts of other MT games.
It is why Legends sold well although it is shit. (Shit story that doesn't explain lore of sinnoh and 2 conflict combat machines [The worst action and turnbase combat in gaming])
It is why people still brought BDSP. Even when the game shipped unfinished (but every game have patches, you just grew up)

I will never forget that RPG black guy muddying Stories 2 efforts saying "SwSh has more monster, that why Stories 2 look better". Stories 2 has 200 Monster and Legends has 217 monster yet look way worst. I like how faggot even chose to ignore that fact cause it make them release that GF truly don't care.
>>
>>2591739
I don't want to defend Pokemon, but I finished the first Yokai Watch with doing like 4 non-mandatory fights and not recruiting any yokai not obtained through the story.
Simply because I waited the entire time for the story to let met wander through the world and explore it on my own, but it never happened. In many ways, it felt more childish than Pokemon.
>>
File: 1650463573016.jpg (287 KB, 2048x903)
287 KB
287 KB JPG
>>2591739
>MH game before world were just like Pokemon. Rehashes every year
Objectively false. Almost every game, sometimes even in the same generation, has a significant gameplay change and overall feel from the last. Hell MH Tri has it's own ambitions with underwater combat and having dark caves. World even wanted to make use of darkness in it's beta footage before it was scrapped.
>MH is also made for toddlers
>series is rated T for Teen
>alcohol, violent part breaks, and in the first 2 gens you could literally cut a velociprey in half
I really don't know what the hell you were trying to say with MH at all.
>>
File: 1652197614475.gif (34 KB, 400x464)
34 KB
34 KB GIF
>>2591739
>Something Pokemon will never get, cause GF devs are real gamers.
Pokemon Arceus is one of my favorite games in a while, Pokemon or not. I dropped it like in the meme for Elden Ring but I still dropped more than a hundred hours in it.
>Also. MH is also made for toddlers.
Show me ONE toddler who can beat the first boss in any Monster Hunter game, including ones with Insect Glaive and monster trails.
>the real kicker is the Yokai Watch had more effort put into it than Pokemon yet still became popular.
Yokai Watch isn't a yearly release.
You can hold any pokemon game to a higher standard, all you're going to get is disappointment. The first gen and a half of Pokemon is so broken that without the cards and animes I'd be amazed if Pokemon even took off.
>>2591752
>series is rated T for Teen
Rated C in Japan, which is basically the same rating.
>>
>>2591751
>Simply because I waited the entire time for the story to let met wander through the world and explore it on my own, but it never happened.
Why are you lying? if it YKW1 then.
I played the game.
Watched Adalla lp
Watched Johny Awsome lp

The game is just you going around places. You are not forced into a set path and can fuck around in-between story with side quests.

Your issue was that you assume this game was made with GF design decisions. The same shit happen to me when trying to get a female monster through breeding in DQMTW3d. It turns out all i had to do is use the female staff to get female offspring 100% of the time.

>In many ways, it felt more childish than Pokemon.
Yeah, it was more comedic. But that more than the non-characters in Pokemon that get a fuckton of art.
Rosa, Hilda, May, Dawn - No personality what so every.
As i got older i wonder why people even like Cynthia. I don't even think that she has a personality too
>>
>>2591752
They games had reused access out the ass. But it still have effort because Action games need more work put into it than turn base. And the Producer Ryozo cares more then Pokemon Producer Masuda. Also, you can't say that releasing G-rank next year shit isn't a little scammy. 4 sold 4mil in Jap only and 4U sold 4mil again WW.
But at the end all that money when into World.

>>2591758
Gajin Hunter said so (lives in Japan) and his daughter (9-10 at this moment), plays and beat some MH game. I believe she started at 4.
They maybe drop the game at G-rank, but MH game in Japan normal sell around 2-4mil. Similar to DQ and Pokemon.
You act like kids don't play GTA or COD.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (242 KB, 1226x976)
242 KB
242 KB PNG
>>2591758
>Yokai Watch isn't a yearly release.
AND HERE WE ARE!
Excuses, Excuses, EXCUSES.
AND...
Your full of shit.
>>
File: 1625662072275.jpg (59 KB, 640x703)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>2591909
Just because they reuse assets doesn't mean the games are flat-out rehashes. The only games that play very similarly are the Gen 1 and 2 games, and even then Freedom and Freedom Unite got rid of Analog attack, making them feel much different from MH1 and Dos. 3U, 4U, and GenU all have different mechanics to contend with, making each game feel different from the last.
G-rank games are their own can of worms but seems like they're a thing of the past now being replaced with base game expansions.
>using fucking Gaijin Hunter as a point of reference
Yeah no shit kids don't play games intended for their age range. But you wouldn't say GTA or COD are MADE for toddlers.

Bottom line, you don't need to poorly use other franchises as examples of why Pokemon is lazy.
>>
File: jade.jpg (78 KB, 640x439)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>2542654
Pokemon Diamond and Jade.
>>
>>2591939
>using fucking Gaijin Hunter as a point of reference
Are you the one in Japan?
He also know about the culture with DQM games. So he does know about stuff.

I don't know why you think I am attacking your fravourite franchise (MH). All i was trying to say that MH (which has a similiar dev cycle than Pokemon), still tries despite.

Reshashes are a spectrum, it doesn't mean that it have to be AS LAZY as Pokemon, FIFA or COD.

>Bottom line, you don't need to poorly use other franchises as examples of why Pokemon is lazy.
You do are you arguement get thrown out the window.
How can YOU criticize something without using examples? That is why /vp/ is shit. They almost never use other games and instead base all their agruements on bullshit GF put in games.
>>
File: 657756645334.gif (373 KB, 174x207)
373 KB
373 KB GIF
>>2592032
Gaijin Hunter isn't an authority just because he lives in Japan. Literally anyone who does some research can say what he says.
And besides, you weren't using him to say 'hey knows about stuff.' You were using his daughter as an example of kids playing MH, which doesn't actually mean anything in terms of who MH is designed for by your own admission of mention GTA and COD.

Notice how I said 'poorly use.' Examples and comparisons have their uses, but are only tools to get the point across. Pokemon is so obvious in it's flaws that it doesn't even need comparisons, pointing out what's obvious about it is good enough.
You didn't specify that 'rehashes are a spectrum.' You just said MH rehashes in comparison to Pokemon. It's easy to make the assumption that it's saying they're equivalent. I argued why, for all of MH's reuse of assets, that the games on a gameplay level genuinely evolve and change, and it's certainly not something exclusive to World.

My main point is that comparisons between franchises, especially of different genres, are tenuous and the faults of a game or a franchise should be evident within itself, and you don't need to poorly represent a different franchise to make those faults apparent.
>>
>>2591700
>It's honestly equivalent to saying Call of Duty has gotten worse because it's singleplayer aspect has gone from walking in a straight line through setpieces to walking in a straight line through setpieces.
This is a false comparison, but ok whatever makes you buy it anyway anon. The rest of us will play things we actually enjoy.
>>
>>2591713
>Re:Digitize
The same mechanics and the same kind of story as 90s digimon, I don't get your point.
>>
>>2591739
>All Pokemon get is excuses, excuses, excuses.
They get money thats what they care about. Having said that you should ignore GF apologists and embrace the fact that they probably won't change unless TPC loses money.
>>
>>2592062
>You didn't specify that 'rehashes are a spectrum.' You just said MH rehashes in comparison to Pokemon. It's easy to make the assumption that it's saying they're equivalent. I argued why, for all of MH's reuse of assets, that the games on a gameplay level genuinely evolve and change, and it's certainly not something exclusive to World.
I didn't think i had to cause:
*Pokemon & MH (before GenU) Had a somewhat Yearly release.
*MH1-GenU Just look like upscale versions of the previous. This is obvoius with Tri, P3rd, 3U, 4U, Gen & GenU Switch. With GenU looking very outdated
*Both sell around the same amount in Jap
*Both have definitive editions the next year
*Both are doing DLC instead of definitive editions. With MH DLC fixing the base game, whereas Pokemon dlc doesn't.

It doesn't help that MH games are cheap as fuck used. That makes poeple think less of it.
I wasn't really talking about gameplay wise but next time I would be more clear.

>Gaijin Hunter isn't an authority just because he lives in Japan.
My bad. He said on a podcast that children play the games at school. He a dad. So forgive for that.
>>
>>2591909
>>2591939
It's not about content, it's about the sheer difficulty involved in even the most casual entries.
>>
>>2591944
Is Telefang actually worth playing?
>>
>>2592504
I has neat ideas but no. It's just a weird pokeclone.
>>
File: 1652226314445.png (66 KB, 223x300)
66 KB
66 KB PNG
>>2592531
>>
I wish they ported more Digimon games to the switch. I guess I can understand not porting 3DS games for obvious reasons, but the Vita had a bunch, right?
>>
>>2592739
The Vita had 3. Both the Cyber Sleuth games and Next Order. Next Order's Vita version was complete shit. Next Order also sold so bad that there is no chance of it ever getting Switch or PC ports.
>>
>>2591701
god that argument is retarded. every piece of entertainment aimed towards kids should be mediocre because who cares am i right?
>>
>>2593573
Its retarded because its not aimed at kids, its aimed at everyone by their own spokesman. One could argue that they won't make an entry with a darker story, or super difficult mechanics because kids wouldn't enjoy it alongside the rest and it may be true but a game with a simple to follow story and simple mechanics can be entertaining and good. However, there is no excuse for making crappy unfinished games (which is the main complaint).
>>
man I got bored to death with Cyber Sleuth but for some reason I always felt I was missing out and should've kept playing
>>
>>2593896
I had a similar time with it except I kept playing hoping it would stop sucking. Now I can't trust people's opinions of Digimon and mon games anymore.
>>
>>2593896
I played CS 1 and couldn't get myself to play HM, even though they say HM is the better one.
>>
>>2544545
It's one of my favorite games. Also, when Psycho Mantis mentioned it I was actually shocked.
>>
What /mon/ game has the best OST and why is it monster hunter stories 2?
>>
>>2594608
Nah man it's Dragon Seeds. The game sort of sucks but its soundtrack is A tier.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbycimGmQw4&list=PLyxqUxT0goioufFRe0NEBViVdZa8sOUME&index=5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTp3yrgKSQw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IXu5Qs68Cc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghJhNIO3jv0
>>
>>2542654
pokemon red is kind of a hidden gem
>>
>>2584586
how much do I have to abuse my agumon to get what I want?
I do hope that at the least it can carry over to newgame+ because i am a bit worried seeing how it is getting rushed out the door now.
>>
>>2594821
>hidden gem
In which way is the most sold /mon/ game in existence 'hidden'?
>>
>>2594613
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTp3yrgKSQw
this is honestly the only I like.
>>
>>2593896
You'll know pretty quickly if it's not your thing. I played and immediately knew it was just what I wanted.
>>
>>2595594
Yeah I kept thinking there's many things it shares with one of my favorite games (Battle Network) like side-quest missions, cyber-world, light-hearted plot, but I just couldn't. I only enjoyed grinding and raising some plat sukamon to make the grind easier.
Some boss fights it felt nice to evolve in some certain path to make it easier (I remember one where a fixed-damage attack was great) but I really couldn't keep my interest going.
Always felt the game was too close to something I'd like but wasn't quite there.
>>
>>2595607
You should try Soul Hackers. It's 3DS exclusive for anglophones, but it's a fantastic game and follows the exact same plot as CyberSleuth. Key difference being that Soul Hackers is relatively well-written and the dialogue never drags on.
You can also fight a devil-summoning monkey who calls you a retard for not knowing math and trivia.
>>
Why won't they digivolve?
>>
>>2595682
Nevermind they just died
>>
>>2595682
He only has 2 options for Ultimate and you don't meet the stat requirements for either. The hard to get one you need 7k HP, 400 offense, 600 defense, and 400 speed. The easier to get one you need 500 offense, 400 defense/speed/brains and to lose about 50 pounds.
>>
File: 1652403006279.png (58 KB, 824x416)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
>>2595692
According to the digivolution guide, I have more than enough stats for Hercules Kabuterimon
>>
File: Hercules Kabuterimon.jpg (76 KB, 785x283)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>2595697
lmao that guide is beyond outdated. These are the real stats, use the evolution guide from this year.
>>
>>2592759
It doesn't help that for Next 0rder, money was shelled out for an English dub that's not very good. I heard Machine-dray-mon for the first time and then very quickly switched to the Japanese voices.
>>
>>2542654
>post from almost 32 days ago is still up
This board is so fucking dead, it's not even funny.
>>
>>2595832
Slow boards are better, /v/irgin.
>>
I'm pretty hyped for survive but I hope its visual novel content is less than CS or at least its better
>>
>>2596026
They've already confirmed that like 75% of the game is the visual novel stuff.
>>
>>2596029
Its doomed isn't it? At lesst this guys tend to give skip buttons
>>
>>2581961
Not the same anon, but i'm a fan of thgis game.
and... design is just ok. Porn is very bad. HIstory pointless...
But battles are really fun. I expected nothing, but i got a very enjoyable system.
>>
>>2581976
I mean I have nothing against being homosex, but small boys? Jesus
>>
>>2595838
Have fun replying to the same 5 people every 4 hours
>>
>>2596799
lol the ip to post ratio for this thread is better than any /v/ thread that hits bump limit. the difference is shitposters are less likely to lurk slow boards because they can't farm as many (you)s with their shitposting as they could on /v/.
>>
File: FSpnBg-WYAAJ4Eh.jpg (193 KB, 1920x1080)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
so.... this is happening tomorrow
https://twitter.com/monconvention/status/1525144949431353347
>>
>>2588472
Is this game really GRIND FOR LIFE as people say?
>>
>>2597429
The ds games had "two" exp bars. One was the actual exp bar, the other was the data exp bar. To Digivolve you need enough lvls from your actual exp bar (which was a combination of all of your data exp) and you need enough data exp (200,000 dark data). It gets hella grindy at later stages.
>>
>>2597416
I'd be interested but I don't trust indie devs to make mon games. I just think you need a decent amount of budget and experience/skill to make a notable one.
>>
>>2597473
it's always Pokemon, never something that plays like dungeon crawling SMT or a breeding game like Digimon
>>
>>2597502
Yeah I think indie devs really need to play way my mon games to get a bigger scope of what the genre can be.
Anything focused on types and type advantages is immediately a red flag.
>>
>>2597520
I'm gonna die waiting for an American cyberpunk devil summoning game based on American mythology
>>
>>2597538
america has no mythology worth the name, because it was purposefully destroyed by the white invaders
>>
>>2597416
I don't know how many stuff they'll show but thanks to that thread I found this
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nuumonsters/dokimon-montamer-maker/
Pretty interesting
>>
>>2597538
Do it yourself man, the novelty of it may be enough to sell it.
>>2597635
Why are you lying? Most of their stuff has been written down. There's were lots of cultures with panteons in america (aztec, inca, mayan) and lots of other more tribal low tier people that passed their folktales into written language. Just because an empire has fallen it doesn't mean its heritage has disappeared how else would we know of the roman or greek pantheon?
>>
>>2597873
>Just because an empire has fallen it doesn't mean its heritage has disappeared how else would we know of the roman or greek pantheon?
You say that, but also there was no concerted campaign to utterly destroy the Roman or Greek cultural heritage and replace it with nothing but all christianity, all the time.
>>
>>2597924
I'm not arguing the consequences of colonialism anon I'm just saying theres stuff written and enough material to make a roster of creatures/demons/gods.
>>
>>2597940
Fair. I'll get off your back.
>>
File: smug sexy plant.png (413 KB, 568x507)
413 KB
413 KB PNG
https://youtu.be/hT8ZgsMEkKw
new survive gameplay footage
>>
Are there any monster RPGs where the focus is on building one particular team for the long-term rather than collecting as many party members as possible? Something closer in spirit to the Pokemon anime rather than the actual Pokemon games.
>>
>>2598409
Interestingly I like this trope but I haven't seen this anywhere except perhaps digimon story games but in that case you evolve/devolve constanly so is that even a long term team?
>>
https://monstertaming.com/mirrored-soul/
got my game featured in another thing
>>
>>2598619
Props anon. Keep it up.
>>
>>2598632
based thanks
>>
>>2597429
Just at the end, I had to digivolve Fox into Waifu Fox for the final boss.
Most of the game you get the xp fighting in the dungeon.
>>
>>2598231
well, there goes my interest
>>
>>2598231
I've got mixed feelings about this. On the one hand choices make it kinda better than CS, on the other looks like most visual work is going in there since in battle the characters look pretty bland. The music is pretty good desu.
>>
>>2598231
...kek?
>>
>>2598231
I really like the character designs in this and the combat artstyle is comfy as fuck. I like what I see so far.
>>
File: Angeomon cosplay.jpg (182 KB, 1024x1536)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
>>2597429
The DS games are somewhat okay when it comes to grinding. I find the level design and graphics to be something atrocious.
>>
File: Skull.png (119 KB, 958x714)
119 KB
119 KB PNG
>>2599283
>graphics to be something atrocious.
I disagree.
>>
>>2599283
Overworld is pretty average, the battle sprites are god tier.
>>
For a Pokemon clone this game is pretty alright.
Doesn't hurt that it plays more like a megaten game underneath the hood than a Pokemon game and that all battles are double battles.
I think the English patch fucked with the talk mechanic because I almost ALWAYS get a free pact just for talking to a demon, and I've only gotten a free enemy attack like twice.
>>
File: Megalosaurus_5.jpg (627 KB, 1600x1200)
627 KB
627 KB JPG
Has anyone made a Crystal Palace megalosaurus in one of these games?
>>
>>2598231
i hate agumon's voice
>>
File: Mon Faves.png (620 KB, 2816x2312)
620 KB
620 KB PNG
Fill as you wish.
>>
File: Mon_Faves.png (2.7 MB, 1971x1618)
2.7 MB
2.7 MB PNG
>>2601344
>>
>>2598409
The closest you can get is Digimon World 3 i guess
>>
>>2598409
I play pokemon like that, no reason you can't.
>>
File: u1wmhqw3as681.jpg (1.15 MB, 2811x4003)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG
>Be multiple headed gigantic worm
>Eat rathalos
>Become smaller elder dragon
>Refuse to elaborate further
>Die
I'm still mad. Post game should have been more about this creature's ecology.
>>
>>2602294
Shit, I need to finish this. Unlocked the last dungeon and realised that Big Pickle isn't a partner in the game and lost interest.
>>
>>2602303
Sorry for kinda spoiling then.
>Big pickle
If you mean deviljo it becomes available almost at endgame.
>>
>>2602308
>it becomes available almost at endgame
UNGH well I'll definitely finish it then.
>>
>>2602311
Tip: fly to the highlands in the first zone and reset for rare dens.
>>
What company/series would you like to have a mon series?
Outside a WoFF2 and a new DQMonster, I would choose a Atelier spin off , a Monster of Mana and a BoF using the BoF3 dragon thing
>>
>>2602346
>BOF as a monster series
Its totally dead id like that. I would propose
>LoZ
This should have been a no brainer theres lots of stuff to jse
>Star wars universe /mon/
Terryl whitlatch designed amazing stuff
>fire emblem
I mean this as a there should be a mon with its gameplay although fire emblem has little mons to use.
>>
File: Subtle.jpg (187 KB, 1280x720)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
>>2602294
There are some insects out there who's larval stage is drastically different from their adult stage.
Probably the most apt comparison is something like the antlion, where it's larval stage is a fat burrowing carnivore while it's adult stage is slender, flying, and doesn't even eat.
I do agree though, there absolutely should've been a fight against the actual larval state before it transformed.
>>
>>2549610
They really took out the option of using the gym as a level up system so you spend the entirity of the game going out and fighting random battles. You could technically stil do it but your digimon would be too weak to do anything.
>>
>>2602760
Not really. Sure grinding through battles is the most optimal way to go, but once you recruit Seraphimon his food buff gives huge gym gains.
>>
>>2602098
Well my problem is that Pokemon isn't really designed for that. The whole metagame behind the battle system is built around anticipating possible matchups that would exploit weaknesses in your team and swapping things around accordingly; the actual fights are mostly rote once you understand the mechanics. The only reason you can beat most of the games with a limited team is that the games are easy and don't use the system to its full potential. Not to mention that there's a lot of extraneous gameplay features that assume you're catching lots of Pokemon, like how you wind up with a lot of useless moves on your team unless you get multiple HM slaves. Ideally I'd like something that was built for a limited team and was balanced accordingly.
>>
>>2602353
There's Pokemon Conquest(?) which despite being a Nobunaga game plays like Fire Emblem.
>>
File: Salehke.png (43 KB, 1377x624)
43 KB
43 KB PNG
>>2602353
If you get a randomizer for FE Sacred Stones, the units can be randomized into monsters. But you'd still have a lot of human units too.
>>2602779
Also in terms of Mon SRPGs it's possible to do a monster-only run of Disgaea. I did it for Disgaea 1 at least.
>>
>>2602797
>Also in terms of Mon SRPGs it's possible to do a monster-only run of Disgaea.
>I did it for Disgaea 1 at least.
Was it worth it? Aren't monsters all technical and can't pick up anything?
>>
File: The Goons.png (375 KB, 1037x785)
375 KB
375 KB PNG
>>2602807
It was honestly a fun challenge. Starting with the 3 starter prinnies and moving on up slowly. Had to do some grinding just for some story mode missions head and there. Though, once I unlocked that Galactic Demon, it was GG because they're broken as fuck.
As for picking up, I allowed myself to use human characters for pick-ups and throws when required, but I never attacked with them.
>>
>>2602755
I know metamorphosis is a well understood concept (even though having 3+ mouths is something quite alien) i'm saying they should have given oltura a little more lore given how it was set up.
>>
>>2602779
This game was weird. I remember when I stopped playing because of a fight where every pokemon died except for my haunter who only had a single ghost-type move against an eevee who only had a single normal-type move and they both couldn't hit each other for tons of turns.
>>
>>2602813
>One piece characters
>..and greg
Based
>>
>>2602779
Eh id give it a try but i'm pretty burned out on pokemon to be honest
>>
Weekly reminder to play stories2
>>
File: 88819.png (511 KB, 1017x1005)
511 KB
511 KB PNG
>>2602346
Metal Max
>>
File: fags.png (425 KB, 702x400)
425 KB
425 KB PNG
>>2597778
Sounds cool but
>>
>>2604365
Is showing their face a requisite for kickstarter or something? I'm generally suspicious of indie devs that show themselves.
>>
File: 1615690297272.jpg (45 KB, 406x697)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>2580092

I do not know what you mean, but I've been meaning to share this.
About a month ago I had a dream I had sex with Alice from SMT, and I mean it was exactly how she looked like from the first game, and I mean her sprite in all her pixelated glory. I saw her blocky self standing there. As we flirted and negotiated through text, I got closer to lift and remove her dress, all my actions dictated through menu option and the cursor picking through them and giving me an approving jingle.
The articles of clothing removing as I picked every option, the top half of the screen becoming a close up of her 16-bit flat chest as I picked the options to lick her small nipples as I received her moans through the text box, and then I woke up.
I still don't know what my brain meant by this.
>>
>>2549784
I still play romhacks
and by still I mean last one I played was around 2017
>>
File: birb.jpg (117 KB, 768x380)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>2604721
Hi Anthony
>>
>>2602797
>>2602807
>monster-only run of Disgaea. I did it for Disgaea 1 at least.
I would at least do it with 4. Lots of good monster units, unique mechanics not in other games that help a lot (also they're fun), DESCO to back you up and Giant Monster units. You will need a unit who can lift for "puzzles" and certain maps with effects, but luckily you can get a Beastmaster to act as a thematically appropriate support while doing those things.

>Monster Fusion is never gonna be a thing again after 4
Fuck you devs, give me Giants and giant dual wield Magichange again.
>>
File: 5765637.jpg (185 KB, 660x550)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
>>2604892
I've been meaning to do monster-only runs of the other games, but different games have been taking my attention.
Also honestly I think Disgaea 1 is just my favorite anyways. It's simplicity compared to the others makes it just a smoother experience imo.
>>
>>2604892
I wish Disgaea would just let monsters lift and throw. I don't see any reason for them not being able to do so. It isnt like it would break game balance.
>>
>>2597429
>Is this game really GRIND FOR LIFE as people say?
Yes and no. People are very disingenuous when they talk about it. If you want all the fusion Digimon like Chaosmon, Ultimate Digimon like the Final Boss or major players like the Deadly Digimon/Royal Knights then you can (rightfully) expect to grind a whole bunch for them.
However if you're happy to just beat the game with something more average like Grankuwagamon or HiAndromon you don't really need to do much at all. Infact probably way less than most other Digimon games, considering you can just farm regular EXP while farming Species EXP anyway.

>>2604897
I don't think I'd describe D1 as smooth, but it's definitely enjoyable. Personally I wouldn't prioritize a Monster only run of Disgaea over an entirely new game either, since it doesn't really change the base gameplay that much.

>>2604912
>wish Disgaea would just let monsters lift and throw.
They can now, at least in 6. I want to say it started in 5, but I don't recall exactly.
>>
File: Jack.png (1.34 MB, 2677x742)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB PNG
>>2604924
I guess 'smooth' is the wrong word.
I moreso mean that Disgaea 1's simplicity compared to the other games just means there's less to really worry about. No contracts or squads or whatever. Just the base item world mechanics and that's pretty much it.
Guess I could say I feel overwhelmed and in turn less motivated to play the other Disgaeas because there's more min-maxing mechanics involved. And I'll take some the absence of some of the QoL the later games have for the simplicity of 1.
>>
>>2604924
The problem with 6 is that skills learned in one class (besides magic) can't be transferred to another-- no reincarnation shenanigans.
>>
My favorite was Medabots for GBA. Pokemon has a special place on my heart, but it has become so boring.
>>
>>2605034
I hope they release some of the games they haven't in the west. Also their latest game is Mobile gacha which is sad.
The games music is awesome really.
>>
>>2605034
Medabots for the GBA had a really weird thing about making Ikki crossdress.
>>
File: GuyUnzipping (1) (1).png (260 KB, 391x391)
260 KB
260 KB PNG
>>2606302
>Medabots for the GBA had a really weird thing about making Ikki crossdress.
I will now download your game.
>>
>>2605034
Have you tried navi? It's pretty good.
>>
I can't tell if the adventure game is making Eternal Punishment better or worse, but this gameplay is something only a mother could love.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.