[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 25 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: FDc0Y5CWEAEul3q.jpg (832 KB, 4096x2304)
832 KB
832 KB JPG
Will the definitive edition finally get it the respect that it deserves?
>>
>>2369072
What changed?
>>
>>2369072
Who is the new chick in the middle?
>>
New characters, new dungeons, new bosses, new music, reworked cutscenes and story beats, streamlined combat, improved load times, etc
>>
>>2369072
FUCK OFF ALREADY!
>>
>>2369072
you can't take what isn't given.
>>
I don't know, can I finally fuck the chocolate hula girl?
Actually, now that I think about it, this game would of worked a lot better as a visual novel in general.
>>
File: BlackHoleBrainlet.png (32 KB, 218x232)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
>>2369079
>posting to announce sage
>>
>>2369546
isn't it the opposite. if it it isn't given then it must be taken.

??
>>
>YIIK thread
EVERYONE GET THE FUCK IN HERE
>>
Literally the Anthony Burch of videogames.
>>
>>2369072
It'll get no respect, yes.
>>
>>2369072
The combat was boring and unnecessarily slow, the characters were idiotic and annoying. The music was decent.
I don't understand why this game should get a "definitive" edition? What does it define? How piss poor of a game it is?
>>
>>2369979
It is going to be a major update that will attempt to fix many of the game's flaws, not a new version per se.
>>
>>2369072
Unless it’s a complete overhaul, no. It will remain infamously bad.
>>
>>2369941
Anthony Burch has never made a IRL dead woman into his self-insert's waifu, and unironically writes more concisely than Allenson.
If Andrew wanted to write a Murakami novel so goddamn bad, why didn't he write a novel? Oh wait, because if he wrote a novel, it wouldn't sell at all and none of his friends would promote it.
By the way, I saw Andrew on /x/ posting about YIIK, but he stopped posting after people told him to go away.
>>
>>2369072
honestly the only major problem is the battle. system.
if they changed it to something more fun it will be received well
>>
When should i buy this game on PS5?
no I don't play on PC
>>
>>2370101
How did they know it was him?
>>
Not the same game if it doesn't have hour long minigames every attack
Shan't be playing
>>
>>2370350
Because he brought up YIIK when someone on the /x/ gaming thread broke out a list of rpgmaker horror games, and I know Andrew posts on /x/ and sometimes /v/.
>>
>>2370972
>YIIK
>horror game
Holy shit what a faggot.
>>
>>2370989
It's not a horror game by any means (except for the existential dread caused by playing a hack writer's self-loathing power fantasy) but it does fit in with /x/ themed games since large portions of the plot revolve around a paranormal investigation site.
Anyway, here's Andrew Allenson claiming to have a fanbase on 4chan:
https://youtu.be/Dd2kJMc8Llg
>>
>>2370998
>here's Andrew Allenson claiming to have a fanbase on 4chan
I knew it was him making those YIIK threads on /v/.
>>
>>2370998
>>2371285
No shit. He's literally trying to put a personal army on this. By positioning liking YIIK as the contrarian thing to do, he assumes that people will buy it to spite journos and Twitter-twats.
>>
>>2369072
I hope not.
I want to enjoy this being an underrated/overhated secret gem while it lasts.
By the time it gets the recognition it deserves it'll be an undertale situation where the game is ruined by the fanbase.
>>
>>2369072
If it fixes the hideously shit combat then it could actually be good.
Mind you it's a kind of accidental good.
>>
>>2369072
Yooooooo is that Yiik???
>>
File: yiik guy.jpg (20 KB, 327x240)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>2369072
heres some advice yiik dev.
instead of one minigame controlling one character attack you can have it control everyone's attack.
if that's too complicated to code you can make it some power attack that you can do once at the start of every battle.

what im saying, is your battles and battle animations are too long, and you need a way to make it all more concise.
>>
>>2369075
Nothing that actually matters. Fixing YIIK would require rewriting the entire game on line-by-line basis.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.