[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 50 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

>>
I know complaining about yet another Bg3 will just result in another Bg3 thread being posted but I just can’t help myself
Did we really need another Bg3 thread
>>
Is there some kind of Larian shill campaign going on right now?
>>
File: IbgxYLs.jpg (97 KB, 640x780)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>2368920
I'm just waiting for them to add Paladins to the game.
>>
>>2368920
Omnisexual barbarian half-halfling.
>>2368937
That's more than certain. Shills be shilling.
>>
>>2368937
>half dozen Larian threads today alone
Obviously.
>>
>>2368954
>>2368952
>>2368937
>>2368921
>instantly the thread is overrun by owlcat drones
>>
>>2368937
I think its just discord niggers trying to start us vs. them shit flinging.
>step one make annoying threads being pro X
>anons call these threads low effort and annoying
>discord niggers begin calling all criticism of their thread as Y shills.
>x anons and y anons begin arguing over stupid shit.
>discord niggers laff and do it again.
>>
>>2369036
>the owl cat drone crys out as he strikes you
>>
>>2369042
Don't care nigger. I like both pathfinder and divinity. Kys and go back to your discord pozhole.
>>
>>2369057
>I've been found out
>>
>>2368937
definitely, from barely being discussed to having a dozen threads about it pop up in such a short amount of time it's definitely coordinated shilling
wouldn't even surprise me if it was Larian paying them, according to steamcharts it's doing very poorly
>>
>>2369096
>1 million sales in early access
>game with limited content loses players over a year after it came out

Owl cat shills really have difficulty with critical thinking dont they
>>
>>2368937
that and the fact they invariably reference owlcat also indicates they're following some kind of script, further evidence it's a coordinated action
>>
>>2368978
>>2369042
This is legitimate mental illness.
>>
What did you choose OP?
>>
>>2369236
Githyanki fighter
>>
>>2368920
Broken Buck Sorceress
>>
Still looks like a DoS 2 mod. Baldur's Gate 3 should have been made using the Deadfire engine. Larian doesn't give a shit about the players they do whatever the f they want and think its a good idea, because they're fruity eurofags.
>>
>>2369740
>using the Deadfire engine
Opinion discarded, unity is trash.
>>
>>2368937
>>2368921

Why does every larian thread immediately have people crying about it in it?
>>
>>2368920
>What class should I play as?
Try them all and choose. Different people like different classes. When it comes to D&D i generally play cleric or bard.
>>
>>2370131
>cleric or bard.

So you're a bitch?
>>
>>2370102
because threads are being spammed.
>>
>>2370690
>liking Jack of All Trades classes means that you're a bitch
I like playing a class that can be somewhat self sufficient in most situations. What classes do you like playing anon? Tell us.
>>
>>2370696
>because threads are being spammed
Not really. The board is just too slow and nobody is making any other threads. I'm thinking about reinstalling the first Neverwinter Nights while waiting for a new class/race to be added to the BG3 early access so i might make a Neverwinter Nights thread later.
>>
>>2368920
And you people wonder why everyone else makes Whitey McFighter
>>
>>2370702
The reason i made a human on my first playtrough of the early access was because they get a massive stat boost all around turning them into skill machines.
>>
>>2368920
Ranger, since Paladin isn't an option yet.
>>
>>2370696
The Larian GOD spread vs the owlcat cuck shed

Stay in your crammed general where you belong.
>>
>>2370690
stop projecting
>>
>>2368937
>>2368954
>>2369036
>>2369057
>>2369096
>>2370696
How to become an Owlcattle in 6 easy steps

Step 1: theory craft a new character to play as (copy 99% of someone else's build you saw online and convince yourself it's pretty much your idea)

Step 2: play for two and a half hours until you get bored and quit because the gameplay, story, characters, and actual role playing are all incredibly mediocre

Step 3: get two tabs open, one for /v/ and the other for /vrpg/

Step 4: for the next ten hours do nothing but patrol these boards looking for larian threads

Step 5: once a larian thread has been found derail it by holding the game to standards you wouldn't hold an owlcat game to, complaining about gameplay being too shallow, calling it woke while denying the existence of woke content in owlcat games

Step 6: see step 1
>>
>>2368921
I'm not the anon who originally began spamming them, but I'm definitely going to join in. I hate you contrarian faggots so much. Half of you weren't even alive when Oblivion came out, but you pretend you like Planescape for street cred from other larping reddit fags just like you. Every one of you should die.
>>
>>2370719
Based
>>
>>2370719
Based, Owlcucks btfo
>>
>>2370697
Do you heal your wife's wizard boyfriend with your cleric spells?
>>
>>2368940
This. I just want to slay some evil and save some people in some armor with a shield is all.
>>
>>2370951
Enjoy waiting because paladin is years away
>>
>>2370951
>shield
No. Big sword now.
>>
>>2370967
>No. Big sword now.
Is this a 5e thing or your personal preference? My only knowledge about 5e comes from BG3.
>>
File: Larian.jpg (31 KB, 608x318)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>2370719
>>
File: 1614707730305.jpg (32 KB, 600x675)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>2370971
If you're using a greatsword you won't be using a shield. If you're using a shield you won't be using a greatsword. You can get around this by exploiting the game and switching your greatsword with a sword and shield and then back and forth, but that's rather tiresome.

So you'll have to choose between extra damage and extra armor class. Apparently the other anon wants the extra damage.
>>
>>2371416
>>2370971
True Paladins don't use great swords
>>
>>2371716
True paladins use big swords to smite big evils. Also, the greatsword is a hero's weapon and paladins are the hero's hero.
>>
File: Paladin.jpg (76 KB, 640x947)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>2371416
I personally have always imagined Paladins with flails/maces and shields since they are killers of the undead.
>>
>>2371829
You're thinking of clerics, anon.
>>
>>2371884
Paladins are combat clerics IMO.
>>
>>2368937
>>2369036
Anonymity is alien to the new generation, they're too fragile to deal with mean posts and differing opinion, that's why they retreat into safe spaces of discord and treat 4chan not as a place for open discussion, but as a platform that needs to be policed, influenced, subverted by spam, etc - the latest larian vs owlcat manufactured rivlry is just a facet of the battle that the new generations created in their heads, which is ultimately the battle of an insecure young adult wiht their own insecurity, the batlle of a solipsist with the Other.
>>
>>2371890
Which is why they use bigger swords.
>>
>>2368920
for me, its two dagger rouge Drow
>>
>>2371909
This lack of awareness is truly something else
>>
>>2371416
Why not use longswords? The versatile quality means they can be wielded one-handed, if you want to fight defensively with a shield, or two-handed, if you want to hit harder.
>>
>>2371890
As opposed to the Clerics who don't enter combat?
>>
>>2373260
Not as much as Paladins.
>>
>>2373283
I mean, Clerics are played more than Paladins, so I believe that if we were to go by statistics they enter combat more often.
>>
>>2373329
No one plays clerics
>>
>>2374130
Paladins are only played by the most noob because they're a subpar fighter without enough magic to make a difference. The only thing they are good at is not dying because of high saves and a few very limited application heals that usually need touch range. You know what else is good at not dying? Rocks in the landscape. Before smite mechanics were added (which are also very limited and tend to suck) they were even worse off, only good for prestige and holy avenger +5 in the OG low magic settings.

Clerics on the other hand can heal the entire battlefield, destroy swathes of enemies with holy magicks and fire, hold person and still get to respectable martial combat levels, especially aided by the best buffs and utility spells.

No one plays clerics, because everyone is average intelligence on the whole.
>>
>>2371909
>Anonymity is alien to the new generation, they're too fragile to deal with mean posts and differing opinion, that's why they retreat into safe spaces of discord and treat 4chan not as a place for open discussion, but as a platform that needs to be policed, influenced, subverted by spam, etc
This insight is truly something else, you read a lot of dishonest mouthbreather shit here and then here is someone actually, unironically, figuring it all out.
>>
File: OP66te5.jpg (110 KB, 640x799)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>2374408
In BECMI, they were every bit as killy as Fighters - in fact, in order to become one, you had to reach level nine as a Lawfully-aligned Fighter, and you'd get some nifty abilities and the power to holy magic as a Cleric one-third of your level. AD&D 1e had Paladin-Cavaliers, which were hilariously broken, and AD&D 2e had kits which could help shore up the class, but it wasn't until 3rd Edition that they really flat-out sucked. Of course, just about every martial sucked in 3rd Edition, because Monte Cook was a faggot moved to trembling fury at the thought of casters not being the greatest things ever at every tier of play. Pathfinder buffed them, and 4e made them probably the most unkillable Defenders in the game, and in 5e, they're probably one of the strongest base classes around.
>>
>>2374429
I won't deny that some takes on them are good but yeah 3-3.5e domination on average made them suck so such takes have been the exception, not the rule for the longest time.

The one in deadfire that has one of their dumb schizo goddesses for example, the one with garotte instead of lay on hands is amazing. A riposting tanking machine with basically a darth vader force choke and a small teleport iirc.

The concept is great, but it isn't really that different than cleric and I can usually find a way to make cleric work and multiclass better, and paladins were regulated to 1 level dip across so many games for a reason. I can name several cleric archetypes even more powerful if we're talking niche stuff.
>>
>>2368940
SOON
>>
>>2368937
5 diffrent Baldurs Gate 3 threads in just page 1 theres definitly some sort of a organized shilling campaign(possibly from the developers themselves?) going on right now spamming out threads about this game
>>
>>2376042
I personally made one of the threads just to get schizos to start screaming into their hands about shills and transexuals.

It's been very entertaining lmao
>>
>>2376042
OR people are just talking about the game, with a little trolling on the side.
>>
>>2376089
>confesses to being a detriment to discussion.
God I wish you faggots would just crawl back into your social media cancer holes and fuck off.
>>
>>2376110
Who the fuck actually uses social media?
>>
>>2376141
You and cancerous fucks like you who want to turn every board into /v/ tier console war shit flinging because you saw funny may may greentext screencaps on twitter.
>>
>>2376179
I don't want whatever gay shit you just said, and I don't use twitter. Fucking retard.
>>
>>2376089
Based schizo whisperer.
>>
>>2376630
Based baldurs gate bumper
>>
>>2376635
I wonder if someone is going to start talking about shills again?
>>
>>2376639
>every BG3 thread was bumped within 1-2 minutes of each other
Want me to count the times? :)
>>
>>2376661
I don't know, does it sound fun?
>>
>>2368940
Holy shit, are paladins actually not in the game? Aren't they one of the posterboy classes of DND?
>>
>>2376666
It's funny
>>
>>2376667
they'll add it this year
>>
>>2376667
Not yet, it is still in Early Access of course. I imagine it is because just like Clerics, they have to add dialogue for each Paladin of different deities.
>>
File: American-Psycho.jpg (83 KB, 740x370)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>2376666
>>
>>2376676
Thanks for checking it anon, you were close.
>>
>>2376110
I’m just engaging in a little bit of tomfoolery ;)
>>
>>2376672
More like because paladins use reaction system and they need to rework it before putting them in.
>>
>>2376672
From what i understand they'll have to add extra dialogue for the Paladin pacts or whatever too. (i have very minimal knowledge of 5e but that's what i've heard)
>>
>>2371909
Honestly there is a degree of value to disliking anonymity. It is very easy to just spout bullshit here and people take it as the word of gospel because it was conveyed in a rude way. There is a reason as to why reputation means something y'know?
>>
>>2376960
Ahh, that's true too.
>>
>>2376960
What's a paladin pact
>>
>>2377607
>What's a paladin pact
The sacred oaths.
>>
>>2377046
Only an idiot believes the words of someone they don't know with out credible fact or argument.
>>
>>2376921
Do Paladins need to use reactions more than others?
>>
File: Solasta smite.png (1.19 MB, 1920x1080)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB PNG
>>2378151
No, but the way reactions work and paladins will work will likely be the same.
Paladins have special ability called smite, which converts spellslots into additional damage on a melee attack. The deal with smites is, you don't smite and then attack - you attack, and then, after seeing your attack roll, decide if you want to smite or not. This is especially beneficial, because smites are doubled on a critical hit.

Deciding whether or not do you smite, deciding whether or not you make an opportunity attack, deciding whether or not you use a counterspell - the current game does not support that, which is unacceptable.
>>
>>2378166
Ahh, that makes sense then. I'm sure they can figure something out, maybe just make it another ability you can use after your initial attack? I think there are already abilities like that.
>>
>>2378166
Is Solasta still in development? If not, that UI is unforgivable.
>>
>>2378615
I think it is in its final form, it has DLC and everything.
>>
>>2378615
Solasta's out. The UI's pretty terrible, but everything works.
>>
>>2378166
To be fair Paladins would still remain a great (and best martial) class even if you had to choose before the attack if you wanted to smite or not, as long as you don't consume your spell slot on a miss of course.
>>
>>2379359
Maybe. But what about counterspell? Imagine fighting several spellcasters. One of them casts firebolt, the other casts disintegrate. I imagine you would want to counter the latter, but with tthe current system, the game wouldn't give you the opportunity.

>>2378615
>>2379337
I like the UI. It's functional.
>>
>>2378671
>>2379337
>>2379372
Christ, that looks UI like a fucking placeholder before the art assets are done. Is it an indie title at least? Because only that would excuse that terrible beta release tier interface.
>>
>>2379376
>that UI
fixd
>>
>>2379372
>But what about counterspell?
Remove it from the game, it's one of those things that makes the game worse for no real reason.
>Imagine fighting several spellcasters. One of them casts firebolt, the other casts disintegrate. I imagine you would want to counter the latter, but with tthe current system, the game wouldn't give you the opportunity.
By RAW you wouldn't even know what spell is being cast when you choose if you want to use your reaction to counterspell, what you're describing is a very nice DM holding your hand.
>>
>>2379659
How does counterspell make the game worse?
>>
>>2379659
In actual play the GM is never going to say "The monster begins casting a spell. Does anyone want to counterspell it?". He is always going to say, as a single unbroken sentence, "The monster casts Disintegrate on Dave he takes 1000 damage and turns into dust" which will immediately be followed by Dave shouting "I counterspell that!" which the DM allows because it's the only way counterspell can be used if the GM doesn't drag out every NPC cast with a drumroll.
>>
>>2380804
I hope they wouldn't do the second one either. I think there is a happy middle ground.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.