[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 57 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: unnamed.jpg (75 KB, 512x512)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>already better than bg1
>probably going to be better than bg2

Are all you whiny melodramatic millenials going to kill yourselves when bg3 releases and mogs the old games?
>>
>>2368630
Killing myself would be stupid, I'll just play it and see if I like it instead
>>
>>2368630
>Releases

HAHAHAHAHAHA anon you are too pure for this board
>>
>>2368633
Stage 2
>>
>>2368636
Nice chart anon, so when is the full release date then?
>>
>another bg3 thread
When will you discord niggers fuck off?
>>
File: 1637840205289.png (351 KB, 968x464)
351 KB
351 KB PNG
>>
>5e
Game was a failure from the start
>>
>>2368630
Not a Baldur's Gate, that saga ended. Its Divinity 3 with Baldur's Gate toppings.
>>
File: paid content.png (145 KB, 1196x624)
145 KB
145 KB PNG
>>2368630
>>
>>2368701
>following up the ilithid conspires hinted at in bg2
>obvious connection between the dead 3 and the absolute
>minsc will be a companion
>the followers of faldorn the dark druid have connections to characters in bg3
>bioware themselves ruined and raped the ending to the bg series with their horrendous expansion tob

Stage 2
>>
>>2368717
>entire post
toppings
>>
>>2368726
>It isn't Baldur's Gate because...BECAUSE IT JUST ISN'T OKAY!?
>>
File: 1342754393350.png (174 KB, 350x262)
174 KB
174 KB PNG
The reason why I hate Larian is the huge amount of money they waste on marketing shills.

It's effective and gives a lot of exposure to various people. But I still despise it when my money is being wasted to sustain the living expenses of shills like OP.
>>
>>2368869
>failed at building strawman
Baldur's Gate is a saga of bhaalspawn, this story had it conclusion, there is nothing wrong in making a spinoff series like BG: Dark Alliance for example or BG: Divinity, but instead what is offered is a contynuation made 20 years after the conclusion of the games whithou main character, its like a God of War withot Kratos, if last GOW was mad 20 years ago, and new character in "official cannon" was a butch lesbian instead. Besides tadpole plot is retarded.
>>
>>2368888
Literally no one gives a shit.

Calling it baldurs gate 3 doesn't diminish the games in any real way. Get the fuck over yourself and your pathetic victim complex you long winded mid wit bitch
>>
>>2368717
>Minsc will be a companion
They literally have been confirmed to have been turning Minsc in BG3 into an amnesiac homosexual. Stop coping
>>
>>2368888
You are talking with a Larian customer. Stop for a moment and think about it. You are talking... with a Larian customer.
>>
File: 1629534241090~2.png (219 KB, 507x500)
219 KB
219 KB PNG
>>2368893
>No retort
>Buzzwords
>Calling others midwit (the biggest giveaway of midwitery being using the term)
Not even that anon but have you considered not posting an embarrassing yourself?
>>
>>2368898
>>2368896
>>2368885
>>2368726
>>2368707
>>2368701
>>2368694
>>2368633
How to become an Owlcattle in 6 easy steps

Step 1: theory craft a new character to play as (copy 99% of someone else's build you saw online and convince yourself it's pretty much your idea)

Step 2: play for two and a half hours until you get bored and quit because the gameplay, story, characters, and actual role playing are all incredibly mediocre

Step 3: get two tabs open, one for /v/ and the other for /vrpg/

Step 4: for the next ten hours do nothing but patrol these boards looking for larian threads

Step 5: once a larian thread has been found derail it by holding the game to standards you wouldn't hold an owlcat game to, complaining about gameplay being too shallow, calling it woke while denying the existence of woke content in owlcat games

Step 6: see step 1
>>
File: 1642049702640m.jpg (109 KB, 560x1024)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>2368901
See
>>2368717
>>
>>2368893
Face it, this is going to be gaming equivalent of Masters of the Universe: Revelation.
>>
>>2368904
See
>>2368701
>>
>>2368902
>this post offended my employer!
>I must defend his honour!
>>
File: 779572_full.jpg (35 KB, 270x270)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
Why do Larian fans have such massive inferiority complexes? I legit don't get it, is it because Owlcat games have continual threads up that are on topic here and on /vg/ while they don't?
>>
>>2368893
Projecting retard alert.
>>
>>2368911
Notice some of these posts didn't even attack BG3, just the company who hire shills for it.
Even those posts are getting retaliated on. That's the most obvious sign of Larian shill activity.
>>
When the fuck are they going to announce that they are working on finishing the game? The only posting they've done is about the beta patches.
>>
File: 1306033194355.jpg (18 KB, 398x343)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>2368923
>When the fuck are they going to announce
They are still on the island... on planet Namek.
>>
>>2368923
Literally never. Covid fucked them and their studio flooded twice. Expect an announcement of of 2024 release date soon

They don't even have all the races and classes made yet. The game is fucked
>>
This is shaping up to be Star Citizen of crpg's. Forever in beta.
>>
>>2368630
Even being a fan of BG1 and 2, I might agree it's better than 1 since too many you get filtered too easy by it, so sure, maybe it's zoomer-proofed. Better than 2? Anything is possible, I suppose. Get out of EA and we'll talk.
>>
>>2368911
They are basically fast food rpgs and journo-friendly. Do you remember any Larian game being praised for its story, world or characters?
>>
>>2368630
Hhahaahahhahaahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahaha
>>
>>2369080
How to become an Owlcattle in 6 easy steps

Step 1: theory craft a new character to play as (copy 99% of someone else's build you saw online and convince yourself it's pretty much your idea)

Step 2: play for two and a half hours until you get bored and quit because the gameplay, story, characters, and actual role playing are all incredibly mediocre

Step 3: get two tabs open, one for /v/ and the other for /vrpg/

Step 4: for the next ten hours do nothing but patrol these boards looking for larian threads

Step 5: once a larian thread has been found derail it by holding the game to standards you wouldn't hold an owlcat game to, complaining about gameplay being too shallow, calling it woke while denying the existence of woke content in owlcat games

Step 6: see step 1
>>
>>2369097
>and again this low effort stale pasta
This has nothing to do with Owlcat Games or Larian Studios raging fanboyism, this has all to do with repeating occurance when fans of etablished and beloved franchises were fucked over, see Diablo, Warcraft, Star Wars, Doctor Who, He-Man, Star Trek, entire comic industry, and i would argue that Baldur's Gate as a game that initiated crpg renesance of sorts and saved the crpg as a whole is one of those beloved franchises and what is courently done to it is not a franchise ressurection but a corpse desacrating.
>>
>probably going to be better than bg2
BG2 had several generations of roleplayers and DMs write stories/characters for it, resulting in several hundreds of mods that would expand the game with new content over the years.

Something like this will never happen again, due to multiple reasons.
The enthusiasm you get from lazy easy mode journalists and casual mass market is different.
The difficulty to mod games in later era have increased.
Shills hired by Larian will never be enthusiastic enough to start making mods either.
Many more reasons.
>>
>>2369121
>my entire personality revolves around my victim complex and it's absurd relationship with pop culture media IPs
Fucking drama queen. Milenials are such vile scum
>>
>>2369130
>several hundreds of mods that would expand the game with new content over the years.
Yeah and they all suck. Who gives a shit.
>>
>>2369133
I'm saying your fanbase is trash and will never achieve what BG2's did.
>>
>>2369137
See >>2369131
Pathetic deranged man child
>>
>>2368717
>>2368896
Minsc is for lacking a better word a manchild in non negative meaning of the word, a big burly bear of a man than can whack evil and champin justice, but with idealism and innocence of a child, makeing him into fag and sexualizing him, is simmilar to sexualixng 6 year old and fucking wrong on many many levels.
>>
>>2369139
>make thread
>pick a fight he could never win
All I see is a loser licking his wounds by lashing out on others.
Parasitic shills are the scum of this ecosystem.
>>
>>2369143
>>2369142
>my entire personality revolves around my victim complex and it's absurd relationship with pop culture media IPs
>>
>>2369148
If there was a way to hang your kind by the robe so you didn't take such a huge upkeep in the cost of developing the games, the world would be improved by so much.

Unfortunately you latched on like a parasite, and the only recourse we have left is to not buying into a businessmodel that sustains you.
>>
File: man-of-straw.jpg (12 KB, 248x204)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>2369131
>>2369148
You will soon run out of straw at this rate.
>>
>>2369131
>Milenials
You you get your marketing team to research the age group of BG2 players?
They failed. It was actually more diverse than just that.
>>
Who would win in a fight, that Larian guy who wears the armor in that picture, or a homeless man?
>>
>>2369187
>You you get your marketing team to research the age group of BG2 players?
>They failed. It was actually more diverse than just that.
>>
>>2368630
Just a quick question, can millennials even into computers enough to truly enjoy BG1?

Thank you for your time and consideration,

GenX Boomer
>>
File: look_mom_im_revolting.png (113 KB, 192x240)
113 KB
113 KB PNG
>>2369121
>>2369131
>desacrating
>renesance
>milenial
>I guess I'll give "courently" a pass due to fat thumbs on a phone, but this has been registered with prejudice.

Hello,

Neither of you can spell, but the millennial is correct. I don't think recognizing and mocking the established fact that industries desecrating years of some generation's childhoods ostensibly just to piss them off so marketing will go viral as they hope for a few panderbucks from minority cults and dough headed, dough bodied, doey eyed fancucks qualifies as "drama queen victim complex".

Thank you for your time and consideration,

GXB
>>
File: LaeZel.png (1.99 MB, 1188x888)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB PNG
>>2368630
>Are all you whiny melodramatic millenials going to kill yourselves when bg3 releases and mogs the old games?
I am a millenial and i would love for BG3 to be a great game and it seems like it would be a masterpiece. The people sperging are zoomers who have not learned the simple truth that you can like more than one videogame at a time.
>Cyberpunk 2077 amazing
>Baldur's Gate 3 amazing
>Pathfinder:Wrath of the Righteous amazing
>Underrail amazing
>Disco Elysium amazing
>Wasteland 3 amazing
>Tyranny amazing
>Torment: Tides of Numenera amazing
We are lucky that so many new RPGs are turning out great.
>>
>>2369688
I have slightly different opinions on the quality of those games but you have the gist of it right. We should hope for bg3 to be as good as it can be and there's zero reason to build some weird misguided antagonism between bg3 and the original games or the fans of these games.
Personally I'm still quite reserved on bg3 because it smells so much like abusing brand recognition just wearing the skin of bg on a divinity game (aka BARRELS: The Game). I hope to be proven wrong and that larian knocks it out of the park, judging by their track record I doubt it but here's hoping.
>>
>>2368630
>implying that BG2 > BG1
Terrible taste, you probably like ToB and SoD too
>>
>>2369688
Cyberpunk more good than bad
Underrail more good than bad
Tyranny more good than bad
The rest are more bad than good.
>>
>>2368985
>Expect an announcement of of 2024 release date soon
no fucking way
>>
>>2368630
>turn-based (or SNORE-based as I like to call it)
>better than RTwP
>ever

that's an impossibility
>>
>>2369721
One has based in its name, the other doesn't. Cope and sneedthe all you want.
>>
>>2369705
Tought luck for you but i loved both Divinity:Original Sin 2 and Divinity:Original Sin. I've loved almost all new RPGs with the exception of PoE, PoE 2 and The Outer Worlds. It's not that i hated those 3 but they simply could not grab me. So i just abandoned them.
>>2369708
The rest are also more good than bad. At least the way i played them. You should give them second chance and try different dialogue options.
>>
>>2369688
That is a surprisingly faithful render of Lae'zel, a lot of the shit on reddit fails to capture the actual look of her character.
>>
>>2369736
I found this trough google image search but i too noticed that a lot of the Lae'zel art out there is kinda lacking.
>>
>>2369728
Not that anon but when did based start meaning good, anyway? It just came out of nowhere a few years ago. All of a sudden, everything I like was based. It's weird.
>>
>>2368630
This thread was posted by a bad faith actor in an attempt to stir up shit.
>>
>>2369836
>opinions I disagree with are a conspiracy
Paranoid schizophrenia is a serious illness, please get help
>>
>>2370296
brand loyalty (retardation) is far more severe
>>
>>2369816
Lil B the Based God made it popular 10 years ago
>>
>>2370296
>Hahaha me? No? I'm not a discord nigger attempting anything.
>haha anyways what about dem owlcucks/larian shills am I rite fellow anons
Kys subhuman scum.
>>
>>2370564
Seek mental aid
>>
>>2370564
owlshill...
>>
>>2368630
I'm a millennial and I love it. I actually think most of the hate comes from larping zoomers, they're still in that stage where they think hating everything and bitterness is a personality. They weren't alive when the originals released, and never played them, but they can pretend for acceptance from the ents around them, which are more like than not to actually be embittered zoomers just like them. It's the story of /v/, and the story of this bullshit spin off board too. There's no place here for those who can still find joy in things.
>>
>>2370943
>I'm a millennial and I love it.
Doubt
>>
>>2370310
Something tells me you need Take your own advice
>>
>>2370564
Can you link this discord, please?
>>
>>2368640
>nooo000ooo you can't discuss computer roleplaying games this is the computer roleplaying game board
>>
>>2373339
bait tier garbage is not serious discussion shill
>>
So far the game system balancing is dogshit and the customization is barebones not even using the 5e advanced options
Larian is too busy animating sodomites having sex instead of making a decent game
>>
>>2373844
There is exactly one sex scene with animations in the game so far. Each patch they have added and changed things no related to sex. Have you actually played the game?
>>
>>2369707
Nobody likes SoD.
>>
>>2373861
Oh where is the advanced character creation options? Alternate racials? Multiclass? Like 5e without the supplements is shallow as a watery tart and so far nothing was adressed on this point. Larian niggers deserve the rope, the new bioware drone
>>
https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=804310&page=1

Lmao thats the customer base
>>
>>2373894
based, i wish halflings were real so i can stop jerking off to children
>>
>>2373882
They said that they would implement at least PHB all races and classes/subclasses, that's way more options than BG1 and 2 ever had if they also implement multiclassing.
>>
>>2373950
>They said that they would
I have a bridge to sell you.
>>
>>2373950
you retards will believe anything
>>
>>2374288
>>2373970
Cope harder
>>
>>2373970
>>2374288
>the game has had multiple patches since release, including adding classes
>data mining shows some parts of other races and classes already exist, enough that some mods can even add them in
>somehow it is unreasonable to assume the game won't have the bare minimum of races and classes when the game releases
>>
>>2375368
How many classes have they added in a year? How much content have they added in a year?
>>
>>2375368
>the game has had multiple patches since release, including adding classes
Game is in early acces for year+, all you got was crumbs.
>data mining shows some parts of other races and classes already exist, enough that some mods can even add them in
I wonder how many cool features that never saw the light of day could be datamined from Star Citizen.
>somehow it is unreasonable to assume the game won't have the bare minimum of races and classes when the game releases
Had you ever heard of cutting room floor, it is reasonable to assume that cuts will be made to even realease this game, after all this time spend in the early acces limbo.
>>
>>2375491
>>2374288
>>2373970
>DUDE LARIAN, THE COMPANY WITH A GREAT TRACK RECORD OF EARLY ACCESS GAMES IS GOING TO COMPLETELY FUCK OVER THEIR ONE CHANCE TO WORK WITH THE LARGEST ROLE PLAYING BRAND IN EXISTENCE BY NEVER FINISHING THE GAME!!!
>>
>>2375494
>great track record
where have i heard that before? hint hint it rhymes with transcriber bunk
>>
>>2375494
And somehow all i can see despite all this CAPS LOCK screeching, is sunk cost fallacy, and problems with reading comprehension.
>>
>>2375491
Yes, I have heard of the cutting room floor. Still doesn't seem a stretch to expect them to release this with the bare minimum. Given that some games spend years in Early access with no release date at all, where as this is slated for the end of the year with just a little over a year in Early Access, I feel pretty good about the chances that this will release with at least the base races and classes.
>>
>>2375491
I'll never understand the absolute buttblasting this game has caused grognards over the past year but man it's hilarious.
>>
>>2375942
Grognards have been on a non-stop seethe since Pillars of eternity
>>
>>2375947
I wonder when they will be happy again?
>>
>>2375956
Apparently never.
>>
>>2376063
Fuck off
>>
>>2376491
What's wrong anon?
>>
>>2368630
>less than 6 player co-op
>will not get a sequel carrying over your character
It won't beat the originals
>>
It's funny how every single Baldur's Gate thread is being bumped within a minute of each other.
>>
>>2376637
It is hilarious even. I can't stop laughing.
>>
File: 1627271554123.jpg (7 KB, 250x202)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>2376641
>14 threads
>latest one's reply was 20 minutes ago
>the rest just trickle up
Imagine someone scrambling to reply to every single thread, fucking kek
>>
File: 1618867761712.jpg (62 KB, 1024x576)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>2376643
It is a fun time on /vrpg/.
>>
>>2368630
I want to like it, but everything I've seen makes it look extremely mediocre.
>>
>>2369131
>implying the Zoomers you're trying to shill this game to aren't the exact same
>>
>be me
>browsing /vrpg/
>what's this? A BG3 thread?
>aww yis.
>enter thread.
I literally can't talk enough about Baulders Gate 3 but to get to you question OP, I don't think whatever game this is can in anyway compare to the sheer brilliance that is Baulders gate 3. The game is so packed full of deep intellectual roleplaying that I'm surprised there's even a large enough following for BG3 (Baulders Gate 3) that threads about it to appear. Not that I'm complaining :).
Bg3 (Bauders Gate 3) has one of the deepest and well thought out roleplaying in any game I've ever played. It's cut through all the rooty tooty point and shooty "roleplaying" (that other games waste their time on) and gets to the real meat of any game.... the waifus. I truly can't express how how shocked I was (well I can, I lived through the "trump years") that there are people who don't like BG3 (Baulders Gate 3). It's probably just their preconceived notions on what a "game" has to be. These same people probably also have antiquated ideas about women, race, and religion as well. So in short most detractors of this game are incels.
>end rant.
Thanks for reading guys.
>>
>>2376761
Just pirate it and give it a try.
>>
>>2369133
Still better than your shit Divinity spinoff which is coasting on an established brand's name.
>>
File: 1639266005808.jpg (21 KB, 602x468)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>2376637
And people say companies don't use this site to pull psyops.
>>
>>2376776
Is that what this is?
>>
>>2368652
A 90s kid was probably not playing those games, FYI.
>>
>>2376769
Should really try making a copy pasta just for these threads. Would make them more fun.
>>
>>2368633
I thought they said 2022?
>>
>>2377489
They did, it is supposed to release towards the end of this year.
>>
>>2378118
>>2377489
Lmao
>>
>>2378611
When do you think it will release then, anon?
>>
>>2376786
wut
I’m a 90s kid and played them all growing up
>>
>>2376776
I’m living in your walls I’m living in your walls I’m living in your walls I’m living in your walls I’m living in your walls I’m living in your walls
>>
>>2376786
>>2378991
Yeah, same here actually.
>>
>>2368701
What make a game Baldur's Gate, and where are your sources for your claim?
>>
>>2373894
We need more people like this for fantasy sex based discussions.
>>
>>2369688
Reminder Lae'Zel will never have a red dragon.
>>
>>2381872
Bullshit
>>
>>2383088
Her fate is to become the wife of the MC.
>>
>>2383335
One of the wives of the MC*
>>
>>2383339
Ahh, thank you. A harem is always the best option.
>>
>>2368640
Why would I use Discord for games?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.