[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (458 KB, 616x353)
458 KB
458 KB PNG
This is the best jrpg with romance, nothing can top it.
>>
>>2367622
Can you fuck your sister in it? If not I'm afraid it can't be the best.
>>
>>2367622
Okay, but does Shionne become Ultimecia?
>>
I did not like the ending. It fell flat for me. I expected more. Did you guys like it? I kept expecting something more from the story the entire game but it never came. The Lenegis part was cool. Then afterwards that didn't go anywhere either. Anyways I just got the Platinum Trophy yesterday at a playtime of 93 hours. I don't think I will be returning. Still one of my GOTY's for 2021. An enjoyable experience especially when you were hyped for a Next-Gen Tales Of release.
>>
>>2367622
Does it ever get less boring? I've finished the 3rd zone and still don't really care about any of the characters.
>>
I'm loving this game. A strong 9/10 for me.
>>
>>2367766
It is very enjoyable.
>>
>>2367627
>Okay, but does Shionne become Ultimecia?

no, she doesn't need debunked fanfiction to make her a compelling character

>>2367625
Alphen has no sister, that I am aware of. Trying to find a boat in Act 2

>>2367782
shame the boss battles suck because you can't juggle them like normal fights
>>
>>2367787
The Boss battles are an issue. Who do you like to juggle with? I like to juggle with Law. The Boss battles have a problem where towards the end of the fight, you are running away too much waiting for Boost Attacks to recharge. Tales Of Arise looks so cool when it allows you to goes balls-to-the-wall with the gameplay, but Boss battles don't really allow you to do that for long without getting punished. Stopping all momentum.
>>
>>2367798
>Who do you like to juggle with?

Alphen. I usually stick with playing as the MC in a Tales game, unless it's Abyss and then I stick with Guy
>>
>>2367801
I don't blame you. Main Characters are usually OP in Tales Of. At least Velvet and Alphen felt that way. I've not played Abyss, or that many Tales Of games.
>>
>>2367798
Rimwell for me, especially for bossfights. Alphen AI is already decent. Player controlled Rimwell just melts any opposition, especially towards mid-late game.

I played through it on hard, and its hard to dodge bosses as Alphen when he died in a few or one hit. With Rimwell I could keep my distance and cast spells the ebemy was weak too while controlling the battle from afar with items and orders etc.
>>
>>2367765
If you aren't attached to the characters by now you won't be.
>>
>>2367925
I played on Hard as well, and did not buy and extra DLC Gald. This made the game more enjoyable than I imagine it would have been. Before the game came out I made the decision that Law looked like he had fun gameplay, and that I was going to main him. Then I stubbornly stuck with him the entire playthrough. Never switching to anyone else, pumping every flower that gave permanent stat increases into him. You can only imagine how many times Bosses knocked me out of my Awakening ability.
>>
>>2367925
>Access to the strongest attack and a full field attack (both light element)
>the final dungeon is 95% dark element enemies
This is Rinwell's game pure and simple
>>
File: tell me later.webm (2.83 MB, 960x540)
2.83 MB
2.83 MB WEBM
>>
>>2367627
DO NOT SUMMON HIM
>>
>>2367622
I found it kind of funny how everyone paired off
>>
Not even the best romance in Tales
>>
>>2367622
>soulless
>no anime portraits
>no mystic arte cut-ins
>can't stagger/combo bosses
>no fun post battle screens
>no Fujishima
>no Inomata
>completely ruined enemy mystic artes
>feels like a fucking star ocean game
>weak trophy list, everything can be gotten easily on one playthrough
>weak sidequests
>zero incentive to try new game plus
>horrible new visual style
>bland soulless menus/ui
>no katz
>no turtlez
>no pikohan
>no legacy costumes
>no fun
>weak and forgettable cast
>worse than zestiria
>less soul than zestiria
>extremely weak crafting/customization system, graces, berseria, and zestiria all did it better
>removed traditional portrait based skits
>replaced them with soulless in-engine ones
>weakest story every, horrible pacing, completely falls apart after beating 5th lord
>bonus dungeon and cameo fights sucked
>endgame bossrush is only playable once per file
>forgetable OP
>another forgetable OP
>no memorable songs
>>
>>2368577
>>no katz
>>no turtlez
Good
>>
>>2367622
Not even the best Tales of couple and it's literally canon
>>
>>2368577
Butthurt Tales fag feels the need to repost this pasta whenever Arise is mentioned. Sad!
>>
>>2368608
absolutely done on purpose, too, Tales becoming more and more self-referential was never a good thing
Arise was "well fuck we can't rely on 'lol tales' to sell games anymore since Zestiria tanked', which was confirmed in the most recent interviews
Every decision in Arise can be chalked up to the same thought process like clockwork
Why do we always do x? If the answer is 'because we always have', toss it and try something new
>>
>>2367925
>Player controlled Rimwell just melts any opposition, especially towards mid-late game.

her spells don't seem that special to me
>>
>>2369284
>her
anon...
>>
File: k0pUuUH.jpg (140 KB, 1063x1417)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>2368577
WHEN I PLAYED ZESTERIA I CLAPPED
I CLAPPED WHEN I SAW THE TURTLEZ

GOTTA GIVE IT UP FOR BOBA KATZ
>>
>>2368459
I'm sorry but that was the goal all along.
>>
>>2367622
trails will top it
>>
>>2367622
I really want to like this game. But I'm mostly bored with it. I miss my quirky anime jokes anons
>>
>>2369390
None of the girls interested me :(
>>
>>2369294
don't even try that bullshit
>>
File: romancekino.png (46 KB, 1280x722)
46 KB
46 KB PNG
>>2367622
*blocks your path*

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.