[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 74 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1637036487360.jpg (3.38 MB, 2800x2160)
3.38 MB
3.38 MB JPG
What games are you playing?
>>
>>2364639
>tfw seeing the tweets of poor Japanese sods who were excited for the Steam release and discover the game is region-locked, has no Japanese text and is censored
But yeah, it's out I guess.
>>
>>2364760
If I wasn't so familiar with modern game companies I would be asking how the fuck a group of people could be so incompetent.
>>
File: 1641777041916.gif (11 KB, 500x500)
11 KB
11 KB GIF
>>2364755
we run this shit
>>
>>2364765
modern companies
>>
>>2364760
>>tfw seeing the tweets of poor Japanese sods who were excited for the Steam release and discover the game is region-locked, has no Japanese text and is censored
What the actual fuck? What the fuck is wrong with Ghostlight?
>>
>>2364873
Even on this thread, F.O.E.
>>
sure is weird seeing images i made a year ago still being used as ops for these threads

is no one else playing anything at the moment? going to be doing more moero crystal h this weekend. maybe i'll make a proper collage for that one that won't trigger normies
>>
>>2365023
Fone of the Enders?
>>
>>2365401
deFinitely dangerOus monstEr
>>
>>2365396
I'm still playing Wizardry 1 but it has slowed to a (dungeon) crawl. I kinda want to move on to a different game but I don't like changing games before I beat one. I can fuck around on Floor 10 but I need some better gear, the game won't drop any for me, and I'm losing interest. I've really enjoyed the starts of Wizardry style games but lose interest when combat becomes whoever goes first gets a party wipe. I prefer the early game war of attrition.
>>
was reading in another thread that elminage gothic for the 3ds is casual as fuck

mite b fun, especially if it has all that unique item art
>>
>>2365704
gear?
I killed Werdna with nothing but generic equipment, but important thing to have is MAGIC
Which comes naturally, once you have a few madaltos nothing should stop you.
>>
How well does Demon Gaze EXTRA run on emulators? Is it playable?
>>
>>2366151
other anons were playing it in emu last thread, yea
>>
Started the PS1 version of Wizardry 1. Very good idea to read the manual. It's actually pretty comfy sending out scores of adventurers to the meat grinder, getting their gear and then deleting them from the roster. Been playing a lot of Dragon Quest recently as well and it totally uncanny seeing how they basically did the wizardry combat feel 1:1. I am doing the mapping by hand since that seems like a rite of passage, and the automap really does give away a lot of the surprises. Also playing Mary Skelter 2. After that it's continuing on the EO series with 2.
>>
>>2366132
Just a few +1 Longswords and Plate Mail for my Lord, Samurai, and Fighter. Nothing but the starting gear from the other starting characters for my Thief, Mage, and Priest. Party's all about Level 10 or 11 so the spells I got by that point are what I'm dealing with. I'm mostly not feeling it enough to grind over the last hump and finish off the game. I beat Labyrinth of Lost Souls before this and what helped with that was having two dungeons to hop between when I hit any resistance from one, instead of just running up and down hallways to get XP.
>>
Playing Skelter 2 since it was only £10 in the new year's switch sale. How much blood should I be throwing on my flowers when farming? I know that 3 makes them change colour but I was wondering if there was another level to that if I keep throwing more blood.
>>
>>2366405
3 times to get them to turn red is enough.
>>
>>2366340
what exactly do you need to grind for? Your party's firepower is pretty much the same whether they're 10 or 15 since spells do static damage.
>>
>>2366405
You can turn them rainbow color if you like double/triple douse it.
>>
>>2365396
Playing the Moero Crystal postgame (only on hard mode). I settled on a party of Tiamat (mage), Dragon Maiden (unga bunga), Dragon (heal/buff attack), Lindwurm (tank/debuff attack), and Dark Elf (more unga bunga, but way worse at her job). Dragon Maiden and Lindwurm are really great, and Tiamat and Dragon do their job decently. There are probably better mages than Tiamat since she can't self-buff, but I'm not trying for a 100% optimized party. Dark Elf feels like deadweight though.
>>
>>2364755
>that lion going UOOOOHHHH
Based
>>
File: Fran.png (70 KB, 415x538)
70 KB
70 KB PNG
>>2364755
Hey. Welcome back, anon. Do you have enough money to cover the rent for the thread?
>>
>>2367301
You can pry it from my cold dead hands.
>>
It's been one day but how's the English on CLE Demon Gaze Extra that was just patched in?
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (65 KB, 1280x720)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>2367301
>>
>>2365396
haha time to crawl dungeons
>>
>>2368069
Is this acknowledged in game as a sequel to Chronicle? Most of the girls are the same.
>>
>>2364873
>>2365023
No, but seriously, where do I start with this series? The first one on the DS? That shit’s expensive now.
>>
File: 1390440292648.jpg (71 KB, 624x717)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>2368182
did you know you can download games off the internet
>>
File: file.png (1.5 MB, 1280x720)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB PNG
Do roguelike/mystery dungeon styled dungeon crawlers count? Cause i'm playing omega labyrinth life currently.
>>
>>2368212
For a breast expansion game it doesn't go far enough. Rather disappointing.
>>
>>2368212
nah, mystery dungeons are their own thing.
there was a thread up for like 4 months, you should make a new one for it
>>1993458
>>
File: FJFwRtyVcAA88jA.jpg (309 KB, 1280x720)
309 KB
309 KB JPG
here's your new party member bro
>>
>>2368221
WTF that was the same thread that whole time?
I thought it was just the same picture.
>>
>>2368307
yea mystery dungeon thread/srpg threads not nearly as popular as drpg for whatever reason

i guess the major franchises of those games already have active generals on /vg/ or something
>>
>>2363882
Labyrinth of Refrain is pretty yuri.
>>
>>2368312
>major franchises
There is just one, and then a few straggler games.
>>
>>2368312
>>2368341
Pretty much this plus the fact that said stragglers get small threads themselves sometimes, meaning that a general doesn't serve much purpose
>>
>>2368341
Yeah, but at least they got two EO games, the golden standard for Japanese Roguelikes (and adjacent games)
>>
>>2368363
ok, i laughed this time
but dont ever shitpost again you little fuck
>>
>>2368312
A lot of typical JRPGs are just third person dungeon crawlers, so they aren't as different from blobbers as they are from SRPGs and especially rogue-lites. I took a quick glance at the /vg/ catalog and the only primarily srpg franchise I saw was Fire Emblem where as all of the rogue-lites just have one genre general.
>>
>>2368196
Yeah, sure. But which one?
>>
>mystery dungeon refugees seeking asylum in the drpg thread
trying times
>>
>>2368468
just go in release order if you wanna start from the beginning. Otherwise they are disconnected enough to jump in wherever. just don't start with nexus since that is a big celebration of the series with tons of fan service that is just lost on newcomers.
And i guess you could skip 1 and 2 and go for the untold remakes. I'd just recommend starting with classis mode so you don't get the wrong idea about the rest of the series.
>>
>>2368489
It's the same type of autism and complete lack of care from the larger gaming community that brings us together. Mystery Dungeonfags are blood brothers bonded through limited game release adversity and having an extreme desire to walk through dungeons for no reason.
>>
I know there are rampant shit posts about EO being the gold standard of crawlers, but I unironically think Elminage is the exemplar of Wizardry-likes.
There are so many ways to break the game with multiple classes and it's very accessible to boot.
Only thing keeping it down is it's obtuse tutorials and low-res sprites
>>
>>2368576
hope to get around to playing one someday
but at the same time i don't even like actual wizardry
>>
I'm playing Etrian Odyssey Nexus with the most cookiecutter team and the game is good. I wish I could read moon language though.
>>
>>2368639
Honestly you should. Elminage is one those crawlers which are close to wizardry without being wizardry. Has the same feel but without those difficulty spikes. Plus there's an automap
>>
>>2368508
Well mystery dungeon games are pretty close to Rogue-likes, the other genre as utterly fucked for trying to find a new game to play by using the name of the genre as Dungeon Crawlers. We are all brothers getting fucked by normalfags.
>>
>>2368670
Why do you need to read moon? The game got a western release.
>>
File: 1641574575393.jpg (2.14 MB, 3619x2332)
2.14 MB
2.14 MB JPG
>>2368735
>>
>>2368700
>they all have you traversing dungeons, so it should be fine to use the same tags for them all
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>2368738
Pretty sure that's the only notable time that happens in Nexus
>>
Any good turn based western crawlers? Preferably not indie and after 2000
I already tried quest and want more
>>
>>2368833
if you mean 'the quest' it has a dlc you know?
>not indie
anon, who do you think makes crawlers anymore?

could browse this i guess:
https://glitchwave.com/games/genre/blobber/3/
>>
>>2368842
>>2368833
er, sort by release date

there's also this outdated thing
https://store.steampowered.com/curator/10580792-Grid-based-first-person-RPGs/
>>
Picked up Rothdam from last thread because I needed a break from Undernauts

I just reached 5F

Debating whether to switch to Ronin/Paladin/Thief/Alchemist from Warrior/Priest/Thief/Sorcerer once I get to lvl25

If you don’t flee encounters it feels pretty easy to get overleveled
>>
>>2368833
The Bard's Tale 4. Inxile is owned by Microsoft so it's as non-indie as it gets.
>>
What's the consensus on the Mary Skelter games? Are they good?
>>
>>2368833
Grimoire
Might and Magic X
>>
>>2369469
They're decent, though in my opinion, it's the style that carries them more than the substance. 2 is definitely better than 1, but I haven't played Finale yet.
>>
>>2368493
Thanks, niggy. I’ll try release order.
>>
>>2368738
Wasn’t this an emulation thing only? Never happened to me.
>>
>>2369469
>What's the consensus on the Mary Skelter games?
Violins are so goddamn sexy, it's unreal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG90CvwSF0c

>Are they good?
They're fine.
>>
>>2369469
braindead coomer trash shilled by pedo yuri faggots
>>
>>2369469
2 is good and Finale is great. 1 has two releases and the first one is pretty iffy while the second (included in 2) is decent, though still not on par with the other games.
>>
>>2368833
>not indie
Who's going to tell him, anons?
>>
Lancerlorna...
no...
>>
>>2368735
because I enjoy mainly blobbers and after I beat this game I'm officially scraping the bottom of the barrel. Next I have planned to get into class of heroes and I'm not looking forward to it.
Nexus is good though but I wish they didn't nerf the classes so hard while leaving sovereign and hero so OP.
>>
>>2369763
If you play mostly for gameplay it's not very hard to memorize interface even if you don't moon and look stuff up on Japanese wikis with google translate sir!
>>
>>2369469
Yea, they're pretty good fun. Definitely worth playing.
>>
Sell me on Dungeon Encounters.
>>
>>2370211
It's low effort cheap garbage.
>>
>>2370213
I will now buy your game.
>>
>>2370211
I enjoyed the exploration. The combat is in a weird place where its simple but just complex enough to still be interesting.
>>
>>2370211
play it to hear the most satanic battle theme ever made
>>
>concurrent player peak for Mary Skelter 2 on PC was a whopping 34
Ghostlightbros... are we going to die?
>>
>>2370211
It's great if you enjoy coloring squares. Last 10 floors are some of the most frustrating shit to map out though.
There's also some neat gimmicks to traverse between floors with (and break the game if you are persistent enough).
by the time i started to get bored it was over so... i guess it's just the right length.

Some of the math puzzles are complete bullshit though and have nothing to do with math.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (389 KB, 1920x972)
389 KB
389 KB JPG
>steamroll the game with little problem
>final? boss obliterates you
>>
>>2370355
In case you're being a little conservative, it's time to pull all the stops with items and throw out the party-wide heals at every turn because it is indeed the final boss.
>>
>>2370364
the problem is my logics get one rounded from full hp in phase 2 when he spams the aoe seal/poison moves
>>
>>2370332
All of us 35 Dungeon Crawling players singlehandedly funding the genre should get together sometime. Maybe find a good hedge maze to relax in?
>>
>>2370332
Isn't Ghostlight like two or three people? I highly doubt they care at all if the games they port sell. The money they get from the publishers is probably enough to keep them going for years.
>>
>>2370352
what a strange game
>>
>>2370372
If defense is an issue and your equipment is already good on it, try debuffing the boss' attack. You're not running a good party for it, but you cold still get ATK down on the jail roulette. This isn't really a fight you can just rush with high DPS, even the best-case scenario of the boss getting turned around, stunned and hit by Rage Rush with all three attackers wouldn't be enough to take it down unless you got very lucky and the stun remained active for a long time.
>>
>>2370332
Looking up steam stats just makes me feel like a lonely boomer hipster.

>twitch views more than dwarf the player peak for most titles I looked up and seem to rarely increase sales
>barely any of them have over a 1000 player peak
>look up one story heavy series and the first game no one played while the third game that needs the first 2 has 3 times the players of the second game
I know these aren't definitive stats, but man I didn't actually want "confirmation" that no one gives a shit about the stuff I like.

At least I can take solace in the fact 800 people are still playing Digimon Cyber Sleuth for some reason.
>>
>>2370480
Were waiting for survive news at this point.
>>
Alright, Shazambros. Tell me just how bad PC Mary Skelter 2 is.
>>
>>2370556
The game itself is great. It's just that Ghostlight ported the censored PS4 version and then gave people the "hurr durr it was out of our control" excuse for the censorship. Port is apparently rather lackluster and full of bugs too.

Just play the Switch version of emulate it. Both Ryujinx and Yuzu can play it from start to finish.
>>
Alright, finally found a 2dsXL for a reasonable price. Let's hope it's in good condition. Though anything is better than the fucked up face buttons of my old 3ds.
Can finally get back to work on EO 5, nexus and SMT: Strange Journey.
>>
moero crystal is deflating at present.

given the trend since the start of the game i thought there would be an increasing ramp up of abilities found on the new monster girls, encouraging new rotations.

however, basically past the second dungeon you have been exposed to what seems like every skill available in the game (nearly finishing the fourth dungeon now) meaning i have basically stuck with the same squad the entire time.

more, the supporter bonuses have not scaled either meaning i don't even bother to check anymore what the new potential perk to be gained is.

i enjoy the skits in-town between the monster girls, even if they are repetitive. there have been a few stand-outs and some laugh out loud combinations in tandem with the general absurdity of the various costumes.

don't want to make any conclusions yet but it seems like the game was very frontloaded. had they distributed all these facilities and upgrades and scaled things a bit differently it could have made for a more satisfying climb.
>>
>>2370637
Chronicle was like that too with the skills. Later monster girls either had almost the same skill sets as earlier one or somewhat remixed ones with the same skills, even on the unlockable panties. I guess it's inevitable when the gimmick is 70-something party members, but I never felt there was much variety.
>>
>>2370657
yeah i have to give them props to the degree they took things, i just can't help but feel like there might have been a better solution for the back half of these games to keep them as engaging. (monsters after x dungeon are ex-class job pantsus, ability to upgrade or 'unlock' prior pantsu skills to the ex level.. idk)

i think, it's probably understandable given that the two moero crawlers released within a year of eachother that there wasn't much time for iteration.

it does make me dream about what the ideal moero crawler would feel like. it doesn't have to be dungeon travelers, it just needs enough gimmicks and novelty to keep it going until the end.
>>
File: fd6.jpg (692 KB, 1000x1426)
692 KB
692 KB JPG
>>2370556
>it doesn't have to release alongside the Switch version
>or less than one year later
>or less than two
>it doesn't have to be handled by the IP owner and console publisher
>it doesn't have to be ported by a PC publisher without a history of censorship and subpar ports
>it doesn't have to be announced properly instead of the page going up early with the wrong release date
>it doesn't have to include Japanese text or be purchasable by Japanese Steam users
>it doesn't have to be uncensored even though the PC port of the first game was
>it doesn't have to cost less than almost the same price as the physical Switch version and double the discounted price the digital Switch version almost always goes for despite having content removed
>it doesn't have to include working frame rate and resolution options
>it doesn't have to play the sound effects correctly
>it doesn't have to work with keyboard and mouse
>it doesn't have to let you skip to the end in the remake of the first game at launch
>it doesn't have to sell more than double digits
>>
>>2370686
and it doesn't even necessarily have to be on the whole skills/combat front. tokyo clanpool for example is a pretty easy game that scales in a linear way.

equipment and pokemon (small micro management/breeding) that you have are what result in skills and passives and necessarily by progressing and finding new gear, you get access to new skills and passives (even if they end up only being slightly stronger versions of prior ones.)

but what keeps it engaging as it goes deeper is the exploration side. just all the various dungeon hazards and huge maps and weird layouts and shit.
>>
>>2370709
Even though I already own the switch version seeing how bad they fucked up the PC version still pisses me off.
>>
File: how horrifying.png (128 KB, 440x440)
128 KB
128 KB PNG
>>2370709
>>
File: Press S.png (110 KB, 773x172)
110 KB
110 KB PNG
>>2370709
I was really hoping we'd get a version with 4K assets, high framerates, ultrawide support, full keyboard+mouse controls etc. too. Stuff like the walking and door opening sounds not even working is bizarre. Thank god I played the game a year ago via Ryujinx. I'll just get around to Finale as there's no way that'll get ported soon or at all given how hard MS2 seems to have flopped.
>>
>>2370637
It doesn't really help that Dragon Maiden from the first dungeon is utterly broken as a physical attacker, and even if you want to use a new character, you have to grind out its skills. Out of the main dungeons, I would say that the best dungeon is the 5th one for the pitfall gimmick, though the second postgame sealed area is kind of fun in its own way (the sealed area I'm on). I can see someone getting pissed at a particular puzzle, but I like trying to gather by bearings with environmental cues after being spun around for some reason.
>>
>>2370867
Wonder what the numbers would've been if Ghostlight ported the uncensored Switch version.
>>
File: 2021-04-11-034724.jpg (187 KB, 960x544)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
>>2370880
yeah dragon maiden definitely felt like an oversight. i have, on occasion, intentionally gone out of my way to grind a new character who is only marginally better/different just because of how strong i already feel, but i'm losing the motivation at this point.

it is nice that you can be leveling characters passively. for example, if you can really only free up a spot if a certain character has access to the buff spell already or whatever.

i sort of wish there was some incentive for having maxed out all the abilities on a job pantsu. like maybe there would have been a monster girl that is initially weak but after leveling two of her pantsus 'evolves' or whatever.

anyway looking forward to dungeon 5
>>
>>2370913
Probably no higher than the low hundreds like the first game. While 2 has way better word of mouth than it, releasing it so late inevitably means that a lot of people must've played it on Switch or emulated it, or just lost interest if they played 1 on PC since that was over four years ago. I could've only imagined the PC version doing well if it released at the same time or close to the Switch one. Even a moderately popular jrpg like Bravely Default II which released on PC a mere half year after the Switch version sold no higher than 50k of its one million copies on it. PC players don't seem to like late ports.
>>
File: rothdam.png (442 KB, 966x1000)
442 KB
442 KB PNG
threadly /vrpg/ exclusive reminder 1/2
>>
File: cirnozardy.png (622 KB, 1209x1200)
622 KB
622 KB PNG
>>2371326
threadly /vrpg/ exclusive reminder 2/2
>>
File: Fran.jpg (386 KB, 1920x1080)
386 KB
386 KB JPG
>playing DG Extra on Hot
>running Healer and Wizard early game for fun
>only way to attack is to either put them in the front row to die instantly or use them from the item menu to cast a spell
>but the default action selected always resets after using an item so you have to manually navigate to them every single turn
>and because of the last point you can't Autobattle while using items from the back row
I love the game like always, but man does the early game annoy me. At least Fran is still the cutest.
>>
What is baby's first dungeon crawler for me?
>>
>>2371362
>>2371354
>>
>>2371362
https://store.steampowered.com/app/650670/Grimoire__Heralds_of_the_Winged_Exemplar_V2/
>>
File: FJMjNk8VcAEck27.jpg (311 KB, 1280x720)
311 KB
311 KB JPG
>>
>>2371354
can equip a spell staff in the offhand to at least make the menuing a little easier iirc
>>
Alright bros tell me what game to play right now. Willing to emulate or buy but cant be more than $20.
>>
>>2371661
>emulate
demon gaze extra
undernauts
mary skelter 2
>>
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1383680/Isekai_Succubus_My_Genderbent_Saga_in_Another_World/
Thoughts?
>>
File: Y7mNkrk.jpg (157 KB, 1280x720)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
>>2371673
goty 2022
>>
>>2371673
This is in the most literal sense a tranny game.
wtf anon?
>>
>>2371665
i sense you feel strongly about these games anon. You must to have recommended them to me even though they don't fit my criteria. Sell me on undernauts or mary skelter 2. tell me why you like them.
>>
>>2371744
weak bait try harder
>>
>>2371764
>An isekai 3D dungeon crawler RPG following the story of a genderbent protagonist and cute succubus girls!
how is this bait? tell me what the appeal is to a non tranny? i will not argue. Just explain it to me.
>>
>>2369469
Braindead, but enjoyable if you can’t play games that have no anime girls and tropes in it. Also, you can be one of the less than a thousand players that buy it/play it. So exclusive!
>>
>>2371753
How do they not fit your criteria? All of them are emulatable for less than $20 if you can emulate the Switch.

>>2371778
It's yurifag bait, not really trannybait.
>>
>>2371843
>Also, you can be one of the less than a thousand players that buy it/play it. So exclusive!
I hear there's an even more exclusive genre they call "Western Dungeon Crawlers" or something like that. Only about 125 players total and barely any notable entries for years, you'll really be the only one playing them in 2022.
>>
>>2371665
What emulator? Any specific settings I need to change?
>>
>>2371665
Is there any way to get 60 fps in Demon Gays Extra? 30 fps gives me diarrhea
>>
>>2371326
I want that.
>>
>>2371778
Seems more like it's supposed to be comedic. The protag body swaps/gender swaps against their will and hijinks ensue. It's not exactly a new 'genre'.
Trannies hate stuff like that because they think it's some kind of personal attack on them.

>>2372053
Catbox link is right there in the image, pal.
>>
File: FJNPThyUYAE-Qm_.jpg (273 KB, 1280x720)
273 KB
273 KB JPG
starting the 6th dungeon in moero crystal h on expert and i finally got gear checked, and that's a good thing! (my squad literally died to a single magic AOE from a FOE-type at full health).

have literally gone the last 4-5 dungeons without swapping gear or bothering with any of the additional facilities so it's nice to actually have to try to min-max again.

i'm starting to regret my choice of dark elf in the party because her stat base/growth seems pretty trash, but at least i now have a reason to look at the other 50 monsters rotting in my base.
>>
Now that I have beaten MS2 I am convinced you should play the series in this order

MS1 > Finale
bonus: MS2
>>
>>2370913
This is something that people misunderstand, the game is a port from the Switch, only the purge game was removed (the assets is still inside of the game files but by code is automatically skipped). The PS4 version is horribly censored, it doesn't compare to the PC version, but since no ones bought it, they can't verify it themselves this fact, only through rumors.

>>2370867
It's impossible to have 4k assets since these ones doesn't exist in first place. Sadly the guys at GL aren't that good to add things like ultrawide support and high framerates (remember some japs games has the physics tied to fps and high framerates means bugs).
>>
>>2372388
devs say 2 1 3 ur wrong sry kys
>>
>>2372408
>please buy my fluff game with almost 0 relevant plot to the series goyim
>>
>>2372412
>buy
lole
>>
>>2372412
is this true? i was planning on playing all 3 games in the next month or two but i'd be happy to trim one if possible
>>
>>2372450
the only plot point in 2 is why otsuu and mermaid are not in MS1

other than that its all just character interactions which is why I would say its "bonus"
>>
No one told me that Grimoire had such story segments to it.
>>
>>2372456
plot aside was 2 fun enough to warrant play on its own or nah
>>
>>2372498
its worth it if you like the series and want to know more, similar to if you liked the blacksouls series and want to know more you can play red's game even though its not a good game and I would never tell anyone to play that game in a vacuum.
>>
>>2371371
Grimoire is what you play when you've exhausted every other game in the genre and are content with scraping the bottom of the barrel for some nutjob's joke game.
>>
>>2372574
>t.n. 'sape
>>
>>2372574
Once the guy added all the stuff that was supposed to in the game at release, wrote the manual, fixed the bugs, and dropped the price considerably, it's actually worth playing now.
>>
Are Operation Babel and Operation Abyss good?
>>
>>2372665
babel is pretty solid
don't have to play abyss if you don't want
>>
>>2372412
What a silly thing to say when buying 2 also gives you 1.
>>
File: file.png (912 KB, 2090x541)
912 KB
912 KB PNG
>>2372709
MS:Nightmare and the remake included with 2 are barely the same game.
They severely dumbed down the dungeons for one. They also changed some story points to work with 2 i guess. And included some of the game mechanic changes from 2 but i guess that's subjective if that is good or bad.
>>
Man takes me hours to progress through a single floor of Salvation Tower in Finale.
I'm considering ignoring encounters but I fear this biting me later for being underlevelled or under-equipped. Any tips?
>>
>>2372783
As much as I personally loved the dungeons in Nightmares and how they're actual mazes you explore instead of linear gimmick puzzles like the vast majority of DRPG's it seems, they were also kind of wasted space. The left looks intimidating and all, but in reality you basically only need to actually go through an area the size of the "dumbed down" dungeons in the remake.

I disagree with the change, but I can understand why they did it.
>>
File: 90792208_p9.png (9 KB, 232x214)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>2372783
The mechanic changes were pretty objectively good unless you just want to breeze through with cover and disaster rune, but it didn't get all the changes or the new mechanics like blood farming so it's still kind of lackluster.
I agree that 2 isn't really important story-wise but it's a much better crawler than either version of MS1. Finale is the best of both worlds despite shoving critical plot points into the short novel
>>
In Mary Skelter 2, how do the stats affect skills? For instance I assume that the Atk stat improves skills with the sword icon and the Tec stat improves skills with the staff icon, right? I'm mainly confused as the Logic class's abilities all have sword icons despite coming with high Tec and low Atk. I have been doing fuckall damage since switching to it.

Also, do rear line penalties affect skills or only some of them? I'm trying to keep Gretel in the backrow while using cheap elemental attacks, and am wondering if giving her a big scythe would be better than a firecracker as a result.
>>
>>2372805
You should only Flash Grenade from encounters with boss recolors, Help Dolls and their line, since they take too long to kill for little reward. Otherwise, you should be able to tackle them normally.
>Fighter (Alice, Cinderella, Pyre) via Charge + Wind's Edge/Thrust Slash AoE
>Magician (Little Mermaid, Thumbelina, Hameln via single-target spells and AoE [Chant] spells if First Strike
>Libero/Archer (Mary/Otsuu, Red/Kaguya, Rapunzel/Sleepy) on single-target Kagome-Kagome fishing or AoEs via Bloody Maneuver/Gigantast
>Otsuu and Charlotte can also do Charge + Wind's Edge/Water Attack support, so can Sakura Maiden!Snow White and Sakura Maiden/Kitty Sweater Set F!Gretel if you give them a gun
At this point you have a lot of Tiny Princess options for strong gear (SM Battle Hammer, SM Sharp Shot, SM Tri Seals, SM Scientist Coat) aside from blood farming accessories/head gear slots for Bloodshot (BL) modifiers,
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KZ5_zEa_iK_RTSo7iRthHhIEFXkjUVjRmv2kp5jGrKI/edit?usp=sharing
and since Jack's group has the most damage output while Toh's has a lot of First Strike passive skills to ambush, try leading with those two while Clara's group and the other group is on blood farm duty.

>>2372985
Correct, sword icons = physical (ATK/DEF, affected by front/back row), staff icons = magical (TEC/MEN). AGI = turn order, accuracy, while LUC = status ailment infliction at the very minimum.
Gretel's a weird case since you can really only build her magically with Scholar skills, SP Drain Fire, and Blood Pack spells due to her middling job stats, but your second Scientist Snow White has Death end Attire 2 + gun access to use those physical Logic skills + Scholar!Charge for big damage.
>>
>>2372982
I can see how someone might see 2 as unimportant if they played 1 first since the plot progression between the games is a somewhat weird back-and-forth that way, but playing 2 first makes it more natural. I feel that if I skipped 2 I wouldn't care about many of the characters as well because most of them are left pretty underdeveloped in 1. 2 softens the blow by letting you take a deeper look at them which Finale mostly keeps.

>Finale is the best of both worlds despite shoving critical plot points into the short novel
Not only that, the whole Witchcraft time reset plot point and Toh's wife may come off as asspulls without 2 which establishes them.
>>
>>2372993
Thanks for the helpful answer anon, that clears things up. It looks like I may keep Gretel as a frontliner Mimic for now then.
>>
https://files.catbox.moe/6jqmb1.zip beta exe for Mary Skelter 2 from before Ghostlight fucked it up, works with steam and gog release so get it from http://gog-games.com/ to avoid giving Ghostlight money censoring games-
>>
>>2373052
do i just put this in the game folder ?
>>
>>2373052
So wait, this is uncensored? It has the purge mini-game?
>>
>>2373064
yes
>>2373074
yes, but it's Ghostlights beta. someone leaked it in /nepgen/ and I have tried it and it works
>>
>>2373091
So they didn't port the already censored PS4 version after all? It was the Switch one and they actually went out of their way to censor it?
>>
>>2373094
yeah, but that was kinda obvious since it just had the purification removed but not the altered ps4 cgs so it was just Ghostlight going out of their way to fuck things up like usual.
>>
>>2373099
The fuck is wrong with those retards? You'd think they'd know by now that doing this would ruin the game's release and its sales.
>>
>>2373103
I don't think they care since this seems to have been their mo since forever, I wonder if they get a fixed amount to localize games and do it really cheap since they are probably 2-5 people max working there
>>
>>2372242
moero crystal h is finally hitting its stride in this 6th dungeon on expert mode on account of two reasons: map design and difficulty.

map designs are no longer simply lazy strolls through the hedge maze (bottom right image), but actual puzzle blocks by which to chip away at due to hazards like icy floors or teleport passages or conveyor belt panels. in my opinion, this kind of design came far too late for moero crystal h and should have been properly felt as soon as dungeon 3, not dungeon 6.

i mentioned 'chipping' away in the above passage and that is also the other critical part of the formula - the climb. for the last 5 dungeons i've been auto attacking my way through every encounter (beside bosses) while casually painting in squares on a grid. i will often go for stretches of time where i can clear the entire dungeon without ever returning to town.

but now in this final dungeon i have to actually rely on every facility and tool at my dispense.
i have emptied the coffers to seek out gear to minmax as best as possible through enchants and upgrading. i've been actively applying pre-dungeon buffs, have done some long consideration over my roster. but more importantly than all of this, i have had to start to take every encounter seriously.

trash mobs in this final dungeon are capable of gibbing your entire team if you aren't careful, and thus not only do i have to engage with the combat system properly but i am feeling a weight on my resources as i delve. the 'full heal' checkpoints are much further apart, and even at full capacity it only takes a few encounters to be thirsting yet again. this is exactly the kind of 'press your luck' factor that makes each and every step of the way into a dungeon more meaningful.

does this mean every game has to be dungeon travelers where you spend most of the game running a relay race between town?
no, but i do think this is what every crawler should strive for in general.
>>
>>2371331
That's a new link?
>>
>>2372080
>Catbox link is right there in the image, pal.
By I want that I meant
>This game seems really cool, I wanna play it But it's an easy mistake to do so fuck me.
>>
>>2372665
Abyss has a godawful UI and incredibly simplistic combat.
>>
I remember when playing MS1 it felt like the engine itself was flawed with awkward pauses in between combat turns and slow loading in of character portraits in conversations. Does 2 still have those problems or did they improve it?
>>
>>2372993
>At this point you have a lot of Tiny Princess options for strong gear (SM Battle Hammer, SM Sharp Shot, SM Tri Seals, SM Scientist Coat) aside from blood farming accessories/head gear slots for Bloodshot (BL) modifiers,
>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KZ5_zEa_iK_RTSo7iRthHhIEFXkjUVjRmv2kp5jGrKI/edit?usp=sharing
>and since Jack's group has the most damage output while Toh's has a lot of First Strike passive skills to ambush, try leading with those two while Clara's group and the other group is on blood farm duty.
Understood
>>
>>2373112
or they censor and modify to extend the development period and get paid more
>>
>>2373198
Was that on Vita? I never experienced any of those issues in the other games, or MS1 itself with the remake.
>>
>>2373544
No, PC. The pausing was particularly an issue with the way Jack jumped in to defend the girls from attacks.
>>
>>2373548
Hm, didn't see that either on console although I'd use the animation skip function more often than not in all the games. There definitely wasn't an issue with the character portraits in conversations though. They might be issues of the PC port.
>>
File: 219084219048910.jpg (870 KB, 2560x1654)
870 KB
870 KB JPG
https://www.acquire.co.jp/product/zangetsu/

this was set to 'planned for 2021' forever, being updated to 2022 means there may actually be a new dungeon crawler released this year after all.
>>
File: skell.webm (1.44 MB, 720x488)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB WEBM
>>
>>2373768
jesus fucking christ
>>
>>2373768
What's this?
>>
>>2373839
Shining the Holy Ark
>>
>>2373052
So how stable is this? Is it playable or does it crash and/or have bugs galore?
>>
File: FJRgINkUUAAw65x.jpg (245 KB, 1280x720)
245 KB
245 KB JPG
>>2373114
gg to crawler #23. still stand by comments made earlier but really glad i finally got around to playing this game. it was amusing, creative, and didn't overstay its welcome. also, it seems there's a pretty decent post-game based on the missing entries in my monster-girl dictionary.

either way, moving on to the next crawler for now. and it's probably going to be mary skelter 2
>>
>>2373991
some of my favorite monster girl designs that i unfortunately couldn't find a place for on my team

also i'd give this game a score of 3.5 and rank it at #12/23 finished crawlers for now. above ray gigant/operation babel/wizard's symphony etc. but below demon gaze 2 and mon-yu.
>>
>>2373052
You're a hero.
>>
>>2373768
Spooky
>>
>>2373926
It seems stable enough, but I guess the bug were you can't skip the first part of MS1 is still there, haven't gotten that far yet.
>>
>>2373839
You can see it's one of the Shining games by interface alone. Shining games apparently always arrange the action selection menu in the same way.
>>
>>2373091
how do you get it to work with the gog version, it just asks for a steam api and if it has it it then launches steam.
>>
>>2374564
use this https://github.com/Rat431/ColdAPI_Steam/releases/tag/v1.9
>>
File: 20220117211418_1.jpg (1.05 MB, 3840x2160)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB JPG
>>2371673
I was honestly just memeing when I posted this. but it is actually pretty fun so far. Battle themes are so catchy and I like the unique style to combat that makes it feel unique (even if it's partially autobattling and actions take forever to happen).
>>
>>2374575
okay I'm just retarded how do i use this both of the steam client exes just say that they cant find the requested exes and the Skelter exe just says that i need to set an appid.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (294 KB, 399x421)
294 KB
294 KB PNG
>>2374315
>but I guess the bug were you can't skip the first part of MS1 is still there
>breaks the game so you can't peg him as the villain
Based.
>>
>>2374443
>You can see
I wanted to say
>You can tell
This is what I get for being an ESL.
>>
>>2374724
Niether can I but I gor it working with the CODEX steam api emulator and steamless, put this shit in your Mary Skelter folder and run MarySkelter2.exe.unpacked.exe
https://files.catbox.moe/tn9zyf.rar
>>
>>2374891
>>2373052
how buggy is this beta? is it preferable to yuzu/ryujinx? and if not should I go with yuzu or ryujinx? I have both set up and it seems to run well in both so I'm just asking if one of them will run into trouble latter.
>>
>>2373052
Thanks for the dolphin porn but I'll just emulate
>>
>>2374682
based
>>
>>2374779
"You can see" is fine, anon. I can promise you that people who have English as their first and only language use it all the time too.

"see" can be used to mean either,
>to see with your eyes (which would normally be awkward wording, even if it got the point across)
or
>to discern or deduce from information or upon reflection (which is fine to use here)
So you're essentially saying "you can deduce/figure out that it's a Shining Force game based on the interface alone"

It might be informal English, but it's not incorrect. The only people who wouldn't understand other ESL or the illiterate.
>>
File: 1592088151844.jpg (111 KB, 370x380)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>2371326
>>2371331
nice
>>
>>2374443
My first thought was Wild Arms, actually. But Wild Arms obviously isn't a dungeon crawler.
>>
File: file.png (768 KB, 793x955)
768 KB
768 KB PNG
Been playing EONexus on Citra again after dropping it at some point (pretty sure it was during the last shrine) when I first bought this for the 3DS. I remember now why I dropped this before, it was too fucking long. Also rip EO3 Untold.

Dungeon rpg is torever
>>
it begins.
OST seems pretty labyrinth of refrain so far, wonder if there was collaboration

>2375940
nice screengrab
>>
>>2372471
You've got me into this you fucker.
Is there a way to compare items without dropping them to the inventory? It's killing me.
>>
>>2375940
>EO3 Untold
We COULD have it on the switch, they did said years ago that they had plans for future EO.
>>
>>2375940
I gave up on the last floor of the final post-game dungeon, it was too cancerous for me.
>>
>>2376039
>Is there a way to compare items without dropping them to the inventory? It's killing me.
No. The UI is terrible. If you aren't a 'thal you just have to learn to deal with it.
>>
>>2375940
I lost my save/3DS when I was around level 60 with my team and I really don't have the will to go through all the consecutive starter/grasslands Strata again, I'd rather replay 3-5
>>
File: 1549655264722.png (48 KB, 291x197)
48 KB
48 KB PNG
>>2376056
It's over now.
Next was just a myth.
>>
File: desperation.png (1.38 MB, 1894x1075)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB PNG
>>2376061
Why can i look at items in the character creator but not in game?
Why are the equip screen and inventory screen split anyway?
Why are the items description in a 48x48 pixel box?
Why must i be such a sape?
>>
>>2374739
He did nothing wrong.
Anything is acceptable as long as the end goal is bringing back one's waifu.
>>
>>2376094
Don't do this to me.
>>
>>2375940
I've been farting about somewhere on the waterfall woods and couldn't be arsed with this shite game anymore. Just a few weeks later I stumbled on other crawlers like DT and totally forgot about Nexus, thank God.
>>
File: 5f74d8e916c08.jpg (61 KB, 800x595)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
https://www.dungeoncrawlers.org/
Damn good site for looking up dungeon crawlers. You never know what you find until you start looking.
Also, I found an obscure DRPG by Croatian developers. Realtime Amiga thing with dungeon master style gameplay. Pic related its Evil's Doom
>>
File: 1495073155108.jpg (111 KB, 435x757)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>2376126
They made nexus too long and too easy in my opinion. The original 3 and 4 were peak titles. The original 2 holds a special for me because it was my very first EO title that I finished.
>>
>>2376135
For whatever reason that site won't load at all anymore for me. Used to work some months ago, but no luck anymore.
>>
>>2364873
told you faggots
we run this shit now
>>
>>2376156
Come back when Next Stage isn't vaporware and then we can discuss your series not being old news.
>>
File: 1436826722344.jpg (99 KB, 723x691)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>2376172
>>
>>2376172
>a game has to be 'new' to be worthy of discussion
zoomlet moment
>>
Playing in first person mode on my second run of Nocturne

The maps have so many right angle turns I almost suspect it was original designed first person
>>
File: 2022011800460100_s.jpg (146 KB, 1280x720)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>start Death end re;Quest because I'm that starved for Kei Nanameda character designs
>pic related on start-up
P-please stop emulating Mary Skelter, guys.
>>
>>2376219
>thinking that "old news" is only talking about age
Actual, genuine zoomer moment right there.
It's just banter, you need to learn how to relax.
>>
>>2376234
>starved for discount Harada character designs
>>
>>2376234
Haha welcome. Too bad the World Odyssey sections are so poorly done compared to the Arata VN side.
>>
>>2376234
>>2376248
>Death end re;Quest is mostly waifu baiting
>Death end re;Quest 2 hits you full steam ahead with the yuri freight train
So where's Death end re;Quest Finale that offers both waifu baiting and yuri?
>>
File: 2022011800524100_s.jpg (312 KB, 1280x720)
312 KB
312 KB JPG
>>2376248
I'm not expecting much from the exploration, but the billiards-like combat system seems neat and I enjoy the idea of doing dumb shit to trigger bad endings. So far it feels like it's going to be a good time although it's so story-heavy it makes Mary Skelter look tame by comparison even with its hours of events between each chapter.

>>2376265
The first one doesn't seem completely devoid of it either. If they're to make a third game, I feel like it will have to be announced this year.

I don't want to go too off-topic though, these were all my thoughts on the matter.
>>
File: 20220118124015_1.jpg (1.47 MB, 3840x2160)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB JPG
This game is actually pretty cool. You have to manage your resources and Drain usage (drains "HP" to heal) because you're limited to what you bring in to a dungeon, with the only restocking available by either an overpriced shop run by a big titty witch or monster/chest drops.

Combat is on the easier side, but having everything locked to cooldowns and mechanics that can only be used after charging a gauge really make you engrossed in the fight even when they're on the easier side. By not using all the overpowered stuff you get to charge a Charm Gauge, which when fully charged allows you to cancel one action from the enemy (3 total if all members are charged). I wouldn't say this game is spectacular, but you're constantly changing and managing things in battle and that's much more fun than a generic JRPG.

Art style is all over the place and contrasts very heavily, but nothing is offensively bad so far. Music is great, story is fun, characters are cute. Overall the visuals are pleasing enough.

Music is great.

It's a H RPG, but the sex stuff is honestly boring so far, it's just so generic. The VA's are really great and almost make up for it, but might not be enough to carry it for some players (it is for me).

Major problems I have with the game,
>Dungeon traversal feels sluggish
>combat animations are unclear, hard to tell what's happening
>there's no threat while exploring because battles are all in stationary FOE's (so far)
>dungeon designs are repetitive
>the music used for dialogue scenes has a vibration sound that keeps making me think I'm getting a message on my phone
>The CG's that pop up for the girls are imbalanced. Rinne has just a post blowjob face with nothing explicit shown, Elena has a footjob that at least shows panties and Ange has a full blown nude tit job.
>might be because I have potato PC, but the game doesn't run very well. Lots of slowdown

I give it an I Didn't Stop Playing After I Masturbated to the Goblin Rape/10.
>>
>>2376334
mfw unironic best crawler of 2022
>>
>>2376346
>good chance of no competition
Haha...
>>
>>2376346
nah its going to be >>2373723
>>
>>2376346
Well if there's nothing else coming out then it should be.
>>
>>2376248
>>2376277
are they supposed to look almost exactly like MS characters with slightly different hair?
>>
File: Smug Alice.jpg (112 KB, 468x673)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>2376400
Yeah
>>
>>2376400
Thank god they do, or I would never have been okay with wasting money on that trash heap.
>>
What's the best DRPG for the PSP?
>>
>>2376547
Probably not the best, but the one that comes to mind first is Class of Heroes.
>>
>>2376611
I tried playing that game months ago and was instantly filtered at the first level.
>>
File: y_5fa25759ba6e2_wallpaper.jpg (1.19 MB, 1920x1080)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB JPG
>>2376247
I don't think their styles are that similar aside from Trillion. Harada's proportions and lineart are much more stylized while Nanameda's are more rounded.

>>2376400
The respective main heroines probably are, Shina is even stuck in a game world due to a VR device called Alice System.
>>
File: psp.jpg (1.77 MB, 1950x2156)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB JPG
>>2376547
dungeon travelers games
>>
File: THAT FUCKING FAIRY.jpg (130 KB, 960x542)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>2376904
Did class of heroes 3 ever get a localization?
>>
>>2376904
huh, didn't know Class of Heroes had a 4th game. I'd love to be able to play DT2, but the PSP is Jap only. How hard is it to manage if you can't into moonrunes?
>>
>>2376910
No.
They were planning to do it but then scrapped whole project and translated Class of Heroes 2 for PS4.
I heard good things about it, actually. Like, relationship system in the party, more classes and more tolerable crafting.
>>
File: RJ165546_img_smp1_webp.jpg (271 KB, 560x420)
271 KB
271 KB JPG
What did people think of Puppeteer of Prizna?
>>
>>2368182
I suggest U1, because 1 has some bugs. But then the enemies tank my hits and B2F becomes my nightmare...
>>
>>2377367
both versions have bugs, with big scythes
>>
Is Mary Skelter 2 uncensored on PC yet
>>
>>2377466
read the thread, it was censored but an anon has an unpatched exe that lets you run it uncensored.
>>
>>2377467
Even if it's uncensored now, it's still a good idea to just pirate it. Don't give Ghostlight any money. They don't deserve anything but bankruptcy.
>>
>>2377470
i know i'm just emulating it.
>>
>>2376095
Because the game was made by a madman, anon.
>>
>>2376973
>Class of Heroes 2 for PS4
PS3, you mean
>>
>>2371673
>>2376334
this is the kind of content i come here for
>>
>>2377592
We did it reddit
>>
>>2377467
Holy based
>>
>>2376973
Which of these PSP/Vita games would you recommend the most? I've heard good things about the Dungeon Traveler games, but I can't into moonrunes
>>
File: vita.jpg (1.72 MB, 2094x1760)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB JPG
>>2377637
not that anon but dungeon travelers 2 is in english on the vita
>>
>>2377467
"anon"
>implying ghostcucks didnt leak it intentionally to incur five or six more sales
>>
>>2377667
How big are the differences between the PSP and Vita versions? I've been thinking of getting a PSTV to play Vita games even if it'd be a pain in the ass (and more expensive than pirating obviously)
>>
>>2377679
of what? dungeon travelers are only in japanese for the PSP whereas the second game was localized for the vita.
>and more expensive
the only expense with the vita is the initial purchase of the console, NPS exists and the vita is the best handheld ever made.
>>
To all those EOfags who keep spouting gold-standard nonsense, how the hell do I actually get into it?
Every single time I try I get filtered because enemies don't drop gold and they get progressively stronger each floor.
>>
>>2377689
>because enemies don't drop gold
They drop parts which you sell for gold
>>
>>2377689
there aren't "EOfags", it's literally one schizo (probably (you)) who lives in these threads who got utterly mindbroken by the fact EO is a franchise that exists and has games that are liked but is too tsundere and contrarian to engage with this reality
>>
>>2377701
Nah I'm that schizo. So um kill yourself or something? I guess?
>>
>>2377689
could ask in /eog/ but they just want to post cute girls and jerk off or something
>>
>>2377667
Demon Gaze was the only good Experience RPG on the Vita, huh.
>>
>>2377689
Either accept that the games will be punishingly difficult and lack QoL features or start with EO4.
>>
>>2364755
FFX
>>
>>2377748
That's just no-game syndrome after 3,5 years without any news about the series

First of all which game are you playing? The first three are much tougher in the early game than the ones that come afterwards, so you can expect a tougher grind to find your feet in them
It's generally a good idea to have one of the tank jobs (Protector, Hoplite, Fortress etc.) in your party if you're unfamiliar with the game because otherwise you're liable to get oneshot.
As the other anon pointed out you should regularly go back to town, sell your stuff and buy better equipment once it gets unlocked
>>
>>2377592
>content
You mean actual videogame discussion?
>>
>>2377695
You could say that the enemies are the golden standard for parts dropping in dungeon crawlers.
>>
>>2377769
>That's just no-game syndrome after 3,5 years without any news about the series
They did confirm last year that Next Stage was still in development.
>>
>>2377760
yea basically, if demon gaze is a 4.5/5 i'd put strangers of sword city revisited at a 4.0

demon gaze 2, ray gigant, operation babel all crowed around the same 3.5 spot
>>
>>2377806
What an insightful take. Truly EO is the golden standard of dungeon crawling thread discussion.
>>
do note that the schizo always gives themself away, but i won't reveal the insight quite yet! saving it for my -legendary- screengrab that will absolutely blow them the fuck out, sir!
>>
>>2377689
>Every single time I try I get filtered because enemies don't drop gold
Why would they? They are not bankers.

>they get progressively stronger each floor.
Ah, it was bait all along, I see.
>>
>>2375940
Nexus is pretty good except for the OG dungeons, they get repetitive. But the huge selection of classes and how broken can they get is super fun.
>>
>>2377853
oh shit, now you've got me curious as I know for a fact that there are at least two EO schizos since I am one of them
>>
>>2377953
Why so butthurt anon? Legit question. These threads are pretty friendly, there’s no need to shitpost.
>>
File: 2374823789.png (488 KB, 1512x1552)
488 KB
488 KB PNG
>>2377987
not that anon but your post is doing nothing to help the matter

disregard schizos, post about drpgs
be the change you want, anon
>>
Anyone tried Undernauts: Labyrinth of Yomi? Thoughts?
>>
>>2377998
The biggest concession is an extremely regular autosave which triggers every time you beat an enemy, go to a new area or even open and close the field menu. As a result, combined with the infinite use dungeon escape item you get after a little while, battles end up being relatively low stakes. This feels like Experience's final answer to the question raised by them still sticking fundamentally to the classic Wizardry game system, including instant kill critical attacks. There's no raising of characters in the field so it's still inconvenient to have someone struck down but the stakes aren't ever more than a few minutes of gameplay.

Overall, while I was a little disappointed that they didn't go further with the new setting and the battle system changes (though 0 MP abilities have been removed, you soon get the ability to take a turn without using any MP; this is actually a great balancing measure as it does limit the ability of a tank to just block everything for you while still making it possible for casters to attack regularly and combined with the other special abilities you get it becomes a new choice that I enjoyed having to make) it's the easiest Experience game to play without actually removing any of the systems that tie it back to that original Wizardry game in 1983. Well, there's one they removed but I'm not sure people will be that sorry to see it go.

In the end, I don't think it quite fascinated me like Stranger of Sword City did, but it came quite close. Well worth the time and money for any dungeon RPG fan who wants to map out some levels and hack some slashes.

Looking forward to what they put out next. Next time, I want to see curved corridors in the maps. I put on Shining the Holy Ark a little while ago and the maps in that are insane compared to this - and that game came out in 1996!
>>
File: 1408301901644.jpg (84 KB, 312x321)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>2378004
>There's no raising of characters in the field
>>
>>2377992
Maybe you are right, you can’t use reason with schizos.

>>2377998
As others have said, it’s the regular Experience experience. The game is good, it’s fine. The same basic character classes, some of the same old monsters, remixed this time around. The soundtrack gets repetitive. Exploring the dungeon is mostly fun. Quite easy for the genre. The artwork and design of the characters and monsters are really good.
What it excels at is ambience.

>>2377875
The remixes and the redesign of old characters are great too.
>>
>>2378004
I thank you kindly anon, I'll have to check it out
>>
>>2377953
>>2377987
There are three minimum, because I am also one of them sometimes.

>Legit question. These threads are pretty friendly, there’s no need to shitpost.
It's cathartic. After years of hearing different variations of "It's no EO, but it's okay" or "it's not EO, so it's not worth your time" constantly it feels nice to have EOfags experience the same thing.
>>
>>2378018
>there was never an EOfag to begin with and it has literally just been shitposting and falseflagging to jerk eachother off
why am i not surprised
>>
>>2378025
You really need to google the definition of falseflag and jerking each other off, anon.
>>
>>2378043
i'll leave the googling of 'jerking each other off' to you, anon
>>
>>2378018
What a pointless endeavor.
Also, if three of (you) are doing the exact same thing, then no EOfag exist, it’s just a bunch of anons baiting each other and people who enjoy EO not caring.
Both sad and hilarious.
>>
>>2377987
there's no butthurt, I just find golden standard posting funny. you could say EO is the golden standard for shitposting in the dungeon crawler thread
>>
Is post #2378081 the new meta?
@schizobros
>>
there seems to be a clear divide between the posters that refer to it as the "gold standard" and the "golden standard" and seems to be a sign of the troubling times to come
>>
>>2378081
>What a pointless endeavor.
Not at all. It makes a few people feel better and the only people hurt are thin skinned anons who can't handle very thinly veiled jabs at a game they like.

>Also, if three of (you) are doing the exact same thing, then no EOfag exist,
Not true either. Copycat killers existing doesn't suddenly mean that the original serial killer doesn't exist, EOschizo is still around somewhere waiting to post.
>>
>EO schizos at it again
B-But it's january, is game draught already in? Any upcoming crawlers?
>>
>>2378108
>Any upcoming crawlers?
>>2352901
>>
>>2378105
>the only people hurt
But nobody is getting hurt, only the people butthurt enough to bait non existing entities.

>>2378102
I think the copycats don’t even know what gold standard even means.
>>
>>2378160
>But nobody is getting hurt,
Then what exactly is your issue here? If it's not hurting anyone, then it's just a harmless joke that you're making a big deal out of for no reason.
>>
>open thread to hope to read a new exciting contribution to the shared experience of dungeon crawlers everywhere and its just more shit slinging
y liv
>>
>>2378375
Honestly I'm surprised how civil this is as far as shit flinging goes, though I'm sure it will devolve given the chance. I'm an EO schizo too I've just been refraining from posting since this bait is too obvious.
>>
i hope my usb-c data transfer cable works because trying to get screenshots of my switch is fucking awful if you have to tweet everything out or use a smart phone (no it's not CFW unfortunately)
>>
File: 23478293.jpg (1.26 MB, 2560x1440)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB JPG
i wonder what the best dungeon crawler developed by Acquire and/or Zerodiv is...
>>
>>2378405
Any of them available in English?
>>
>>
File: 83213821903890.jpg (567 KB, 1319x1772)
567 KB
567 KB JPG
before experience was experience
>>
>>2378415
T-they're fast!
>>
>>2378415
Faster!
>>
File: 1622046926081.png (27 KB, 600x600)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
>mfw never ever Dungeon Crawler where you travel in space with each system being a dungeon within the bigger space dungeon
>>
File: E_DV536VEAg2yra.jpg (313 KB, 1280x720)
313 KB
313 KB JPG
>>
>demon gaze extra gets new free portrait DLC
>no NSP of it uploaded anywhere
>the DLC is timed
RIP.
>>
File: E_dVRs0VkAwxmWG.jpg (209 KB, 1280x720)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
buychads stay winning niyari
>>
>>2378726
That's a big elf.
>>
>>2378704
Space is really big, though. It'd take you a while to get to the bottom.
>>
any recommendations for the switch? i mostly played EO and I've been looking for something that scratches that itch.
>>
>>2378787
Can't be done. After all EO is the gold standard of drpg. Might as well just give up on the genre as a whole since you'll never find games as perfect as EO.
>>
File: 2021.11.15_switch_324.jpg (3.97 MB, 3542x2991)
3.97 MB
3.97 MB JPG
>>2378787
what in particular about eo did you like best? might help thin out the choices
>>
>>2378803

mainly its simplicity and how well it worked. also the class synergies and customizations.
>>
I've dug a bit through the PSP and 3DS libraries and found Unchained Blades for the 3DS and Class of Heroes 1/2 for the PSP, has anyone played them and would recommend them?
At a first glance Class of Heroes character creation looks great, but permadeath kinda scares me
>>
>>2378440
Also ZeroDiv before they was ZeroDiv as far as I know
>>
>>2378808
>also the class synergies and customizations.
I honestly can’t think of any other game with such well thought out synergies between classes. Dungeon Travelers 2 comes close, if you can stomach playing echii crawlers, it’s a surprisingly good game.
Oh, and Labyrinth of Touhou 2. Great game all around, tho’ I couldn’t give less of a shit about anything Touhou related.
>>
>>2378375
Actually, just like >>2377987 said, these threads are friendly even when discussing the merits of shitposting just for the sake of it.
>>
File: E_EyKJ-VUAMSU0W.jpg (327 KB, 1280x720)
327 KB
327 KB JPG
>>
I gave the PC version of Mary Skelter 2 a chance. Crashed within an hour (always great in game without autosave and no "save anywhere" in dungeons either), writing still as god damn awful as in the first game, and characters also garbage. Oh well. I kinda expected a refund, but it was worse than what I expected. Still don't know how that became a trilogy.

Shame for yuri fans that also like dungeon crawlers. Though what can I say. Compile Heart never disappoints to disappoint.
>>
>>2371665
undenauts? what sthe differnece beetwen the steam and siwtch version?
>>
>>2379524
yeah Undernauts: Labyrinth of Yomi
there is no difference between the switch and steam versions
>>
>>2376334
You forgot that the game heavily encourages to not grind. There's an optional "day limit" (leaving a dungeon = day passes) you have to beat a set of dungeons, and if you manage to do so, you get an extra one.

That makes every battle you fight and all resources you have a lot more valuable. It also means you can't just go out to heal real quick and so on.

It's definitely easy if you "just play" it, but with that day limit in mind, and the fact that you don't know how many dungeons there are you need to beat, only how the last one is called, means you'd rather perform as well, with as little extra visits as possible and basically challenge yourself.

For an h-dungeon crawler it's pretty solid. Just like Evening Starter was, just.. quite different.
>>
this plant creation system in mary skelter 2 seems a little autistic, can i just do whatever or do i actually have to tryhard this shit?
>>
>>2379799
You don't have to do it, you can finish the game just fine without bothering with the plants. You can have Mamoru plant and collect plants at the base though, and that's really quick and easy, so you may want to check that out at least.
>>
>>2379799
Besides treasure chests, collection points, and enemy drops, blood farming is the primary way to gear yourself up like Experience's summon points and necessary on Fear difficulty.
1. Plant a 3x5 plot, crystal type influences what you get, douse it in blood so it turns pink then rainbow color.
2. Fight 5 battles.
3. Collect it with Hameln's Magnetic Piccolo or via Mamoru if you're lazy. Savescum the modifiers (prefix nickname, +## rank, Silver/Gold/Platinum x Bloodshot/Slice/Strike) if you want.
Otherwise, you can load up on the Jail Trials to increase drop rate for collection points/enemy drops.
>>
>>2379814
>>2379818
thanks, that puts it into perspective a little better
and yea i'm playing on fear difficulty
>>
Are there any third person dungeon crawlers out there? Something like Persona 3's Tartarus but as a full, actually developed game?
>>
>>2379959
third person gridders:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1131920/LABYRINTH_OF_TOUHOU__GENSOKYO_AND_THE_HEAVENPIERCING_TREE/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1451080/DUNGEON_ENCOUNTERS/
>>
File: ms.png (2.52 MB, 3840x2160)
2.52 MB
2.52 MB PNG
GIWTWM
>>
>>2379985
Huh, I'd forgotten about Dungeon Encounters. I loved that game.
>>
>>2379959
There kinda are. If you like them or not is another story obviously.

-Grandia Xtreme. People don't hold dear to this one, but that might just be because it's not really much like the other Grandia games, but a Dungeon Crawler.
-Breath of Fire 5 - Dragon Quarter. Same as above. Roguelite elements.
-Tower of Time: It's a bit wrpg-ish, including the "real time with pause/slowdown" battle system, but there's not a whole lot of story/dialogue and you basically only run through.. well, a tower. Focus lies on making sure your party works and using your relatively limited resources well. I'd say 90% of the battle takes place outside of it. There are a few neat things you can do with certain combinations of equipment + enchantments and I like how the game always tells you exactly what you face. Enemy types, their stats/resistances, their abilities and what they do.
-seventh dragon 2020 and friends. Relatively typical crawler, just third person.
-Strawberry Bose trilogy, Genius of Sappheiros, Devil of Decline and Nightmare of Rebellion. Touhou stuff, snes style I guess. You.. crawl dungeons. First game is "stage" based, second one relatively open world till the final dungeon (roughly a third of the game..), third is extremely difficult and grindy on its newest version. That newest version you'd need to buy though and is JP only.. I think.

None of these are randomly generated mind you. I'm sure there are more, but those came to my mind, and post length limits.
>>
>>2379985
>LABYRINTH_OF_TOUHOU
You know what I hate? The system that make characters from your team got back to your base after a while. It's fucking annoying and pull you out of the fun.
>>
File: file.jpg (878 KB, 2016x1134)
878 KB
878 KB JPG
alright, new 2ds arrived.
Time to retire my old buddy and finally finish up on the golden standard of drpg series. and honorable mention to strange journey i guess which i also have to get back to.
>>
i knew the shitposters were euros
>>
>>2380010
Not just a euro, a kraut.
>>
>>2380010
I don’t get it. Because the hours?
>>
>>2380240
European ratings on the boxes
>>
>>2380027
Hey, not all krauts have questionable taste in games. A lot do though.
>>
>>
File: Spoiler Image (192 KB, 1280x720)
192 KB
192 KB JPG
>>2378401
it worked
>>
>>2380293
Ahhh, exposed! I thought EO was hard to get in Europe. Or that it always gets there a bit late? Like some other Atlus titles.
>>
>>2380462
It's been fine since after IV and Atlus' acquisition by Sega. It mostly sucked during the DS era, EOIII in particular wasn't released in Europe at all.
>>
>>2380240
There are two age ratings on the boxes: PEGI and USK, both equivalents to American ESRB. PEGI is used in nearly entire Europe. USK is a German system and is used only in Germany. To be honest, there IS a possibility that >>2380001 is a non-German who simply got those games from eBay, but still. I believe some of the games I personally bought were from France, Italy, and Spain, and I'm a Slav.
>>
File: 2020101716252800_s.jpg (261 KB, 1280x720)
261 KB
261 KB JPG
>>
File: 2022011619170400_s.jpg (288 KB, 1280x720)
288 KB
288 KB JPG
>>2378401
>989 screenshots for moero crystal h
wew
>>
File: 2022011823591000_s.jpg (234 KB, 1280x720)
234 KB
234 KB JPG
reminder your game is shit if it doesn't have a monster-pedia
>>
File: 2021091122355700_s.jpg (410 KB, 1280x720)
410 KB
410 KB JPG
>>
File: 2021050802220000_s.jpg (285 KB, 1280x720)
285 KB
285 KB JPG
>>
>>2380543
>can't look at Nightmares with the armor destroyed
So close to being perfect.
>>
File: 2021050912071300_s.jpg (289 KB, 1280x720)
289 KB
289 KB JPG
one way doors anyone?
>>
File: 1637987216783.jpg (124 KB, 600x786)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>2378779
I want so much
I want it all
I want everything
I don't care how

I want what I want
I want it here
I WANT IT NOW
GIVE IT TO ME
>>
>>2380835
what a fucking yikes post
>>
>>2379987
A-Alicebros?!
>>
File: 2021-02-26-024537.jpg (217 KB, 960x544)
217 KB
217 KB JPG
>>
>>2380001
>white and orange
We have the same. Pretty cool games you got there too.
>>
File: 67009540_p0.png (952 KB, 1050x1050)
952 KB
952 KB PNG
>>2380835
Louisa please don't traverse my body to take my sperm to make a child pls.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.