[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 55 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Rune-Factory-5-scaled.jpg (250 KB, 1920x1080)
250 KB
250 KB JPG
Anyone else hype for Rune Factory 5? I heard the JP release wasn't stellar but they've been patching the issues out. Also obligatory
>who are you going to waifu/husabando
>>
was hyped before they released the game and now post release with the localization shit added too i'm at a very mild "will pirate and try it out eventually" mood
>>
Is Switch emulation working well yet? I would buy a console, but I wouldn't use it that often to justify that. Probably the only game I'm waiting for.
>>
>>2360156
it works well but only if you have overexpensive high end pc
>>
>>2360067
I'll marry the princess
>>
>>2360067
>hype for Rune Factory 5?
Hell yeah
>waifu/husabando
Succ and maybe Lucas if I do a second playthrough, seriously hoping the jank isn't as bad as what people are saying.
>>
>>2360075
what was added? And what has been patched?
>>
>>2360831
The frame rate isn't very good when you're fighting a bunch of enemies, but it's not really a dealbreaker to me personally
Farming is fine though, it feels slower paced than the other RF games (even the time passes slower), but it's still comfy!
>>2360067
I'm debating between Beatrice and Reinhardt, they're both so attractive in their own ways
>>
>>2360156
>>2360671
>it works well but only if you have overexpensive high end pc
Not true, my pc is old, the newest thing on it is the graphics card that was bought 5 years ago and even back then it wasn't the best one.
Right now I'm playing SMTV on Ryujinx and it works with minor flaws, those being a bit of lag as soon as you finish loading your save which is gone as soon as I turn the camera a bit and heavy lag in some cutscenes, but that's a small price for me considering everything else works fine.
>>
>>2360067
Was I spoiled by 3 and 4, or do the girls in 5 look extremely underwhelming? Middle and beast girl are not bad, but they don't really measure up to previous entries.
>>
>>2361472
the cutest girl is honestly alice (girl protag)
beatrice and priscilla are cute too though
>>
>>2360067
>living in a remote village, surrounded by nature
>honest work for yourself and your community
>village girls are all cute, pure, unspoilt and, without a hint of doubt, wife+breed material
They took this from you IRL and give this game as a substitution. Fuck RF. Fuck this genre as a whole.
>>
>>2361472
that's how i felt about 4. None of the girls appealed to me after playing 3
>>
>>2360067
have people started modding RF4?
>>
>>2360067
I heard this game sux
>>
>>2361534
>Fuck this genre as a whole
I think this is the main issue. RF5 being bad wouldn't hurt as much if there were other similar franchises. The problem is, RF5 was the only game people were hoping to be good because it was the only option.
>>
>>2361534
>give this game as a substitution.
>implying they'll let you have even that
They're slowly taking that shit away. Look at all the American diversity checkboxes stardew has, everyone is bi in RF5 and it's shit. We're never getting anything even remotely as good as RF4 for at least half a decade.
>>
>>2360977
Fag shit.
>>
>>2362593
True. Though if the girls are bi - that's more weeaboo pandering I think and it's been here for decades. If guys - yeah no, thanks.
>>
>>2360067
From left to right: 163254, lower is better. My LORD the girl on the left is FINE. Japs have perfected the art of 2d girls. At this point I consider giving up on real women, they just can't compete.
>>
>>2363162
>163254
based
>>
>>2362593
>American diversity boxes
Like what, one black guy in the entire game?
>>
>>2360067
Is it worth getting into RF as a post-weeaboo who unironically plays jrpgs and heavily modded minecraft? What's the main draw of the series? Can it be played casually (less that an hour per day on average)? Which entry is best (1-4, no speak jap).
>>
>>2363216
the main draws are stuff like farming, dating/marriage, characters and town events, monster taming, combat (crafting better gear for yourself and companions), and so on
it can definitely be played casually
i like 4, but haven't tried the others
>>
>>2363216
it’s great if you like being surrounded by off-limits MILFs
>>
>>2363162
>Doggie is the worst
Baseless
>>
>>2363216
>>2363253
Thanks lads, sounds chill af, I'll check out the 4th one
>>2363255
Furries - gtfo off my board
>>
>>2363258
>Dog ears = furry
Cringe
>>
>>2363216 -> >>2363230
Missed
>>2363259
Dog ears are a cover up to get furryfags on board in a legal way. Just like 1000 years old lolies.
>>
>>2360067
Ignored it because I heard it wasn't great but apparently that was in terms of performance not the actual content? Might pick it up if it ever releases on pc.
>>
>>2361534
>They took this from you IRL and give this game as a substitution. Fuck RF. Fuck this genre as a whole.
Lol you were never going to have those things.
>>
>>2363216
>Is it worth getting into RF as a post-weeaboo who unironically plays jrpgs and heavily modded minecraft?
No you sound like a bore and don't deserve good games.
>>
>>2363588
>>2363591
>mom, look, mom, I am trolling! Mom! MOM!!
>>
>>2363596
Not my fault you think pastoral fantasies actually existed as opposed to just being a genre of art. you can just enjoy the games bud.
>>
>>2363601
Not my fault that you are an edgelord who barged in a thread just to spew vitriol on a first occasion. This is an opposite of sensible conversation. You are not welcome here. /b/ might be a better fit for you.
>>
>>2363611
If you made a bad post then I'm afraid it is.
I posted a serious comment first. Then I started reading people dumb posts.
I'm interested in the game, enjoyed RF4 but fucked up my play trough since I assumed you had to get thorough Venti's stuff as quickly as possible and then found myself in the endgame with my crafting severely under leveled.
>>
>>2363209
Single mother trailer trash
The only manual labourer in town is a divorced woman married to a divorced man in an interracial marriage
Only black guy is le scientist
Shop owner literally got cucked and is raising the wizard's kid
The fat single lady is fucking the mayor, yet another modern type relationship instead of actually committing
One of the bachelerottes (Leah) does nothing, but talk about her fucking ex with you
Penny gets defensive when accused of "sitting" in the tree with blonde guy by Vincent
Both of these events only occur after you invest into the girls, not upfront
There's literally only ONE functional, committed, conventional relationship without cheating in the entire game, and it's with a soldier's who abroad for the first year.

Compare this to Harvest Moon or RF, where everything is homogeneous, everyone is in traditional relationships, and all the girls are pure. SV is a love letter to modern lefty American sensibilities.
>>
>>2363800
Wtf, this is ridiculous. Thank god I paid 0 attention to SV. How did sheeple not notice this crap?
>>
>>2362593
>>2363800
This is why I hated starjew villagers.
You forgot the sissy wyte boi doctor working with the nigger astronomer/nurse mutt.
Sissy emo boy getting put into his place by the nigger step dad. Alcoholic waste Shane and trailer trash Pam.
Honestly there is not a single good thing you can find about any NPC in the game.
>>
I've been trying to watch vids talkin about the JP version to see if it's worth picking up. I wish some of the old RF/SOS thread bros who imported it were here to give thoughts. Kinda trust them more than random youtube shills
>>
>>2363833
The target audience is western women and "men". They love it, because it's just like their hellscape city communities and relationships, instead of an idealistic small, tight knit community far removed from all that modern shit.
>>
>>2363885
>The target audience is western women and "men"
so are rune factory 4 and 5
>>
>>2363885
I 100% stardew but I have to admit the least enjoyable part and the one i forced myself through were the villagers.
>>
>>2363919
Target audience for 4 is Japanese women who actually care about bishonen and ikemen in their games, that's why they split the number of bachelerottes in half for them. They didn't want to go the HM route where they make a seperate game for the girls. 5 is where they started western pandering, because only the west wants everyone to be bi, and for friendship to never exist. Be nice to any guy you mean? You're now gay.
>>
>>2363926
I don't think rune factory 6 will ever come out, but if it did, imagine if half the bachelorettes were trannies
>>
File: 1608594677622.png (305 KB, 600x498)
305 KB
305 KB PNG
>>2361534
You will never be white and your golden era in the past is a fiction to sell you backwards ideology.
Even if your idealized past existed in reality, you would have been cast out from it. You would have been then as you are now. The only way your ass is getting laid in any timeline involves prostitution or marital rape.
>>
File: List_sub_img_gandage.png (494 KB, 720x900)
494 KB
494 KB PNG
>>2363926
>Be nice to any guy you mean? You're now gay.
I wish.
>>
>>2363961
Shalom.
>>
File: 1589031922880.jpg (101 KB, 1042x968)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>2364009
>>>/b/
>>
>>2364038
>>>/reddit/
>>
File: check these dubs.jpg (117 KB, 474x369)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>2364046
>everyone who isn't an open white nationalist is reddit
sasuga
>>
>>2364060
>wanting comfy unpozzed game is white nationalism
>>
File: 1582378410049.jpg (225 KB, 848x1249)
225 KB
225 KB JPG
>>2364072
Oh sure anon that's hy you're a white nationalist, and not because you casually used words like "pozzed" (which you stole from gay people) and call people who disagree with you Jewish. Swarmniggers were never welcome on this site and still aren't. Global rule 3 exists for a reason.
>>
>>2364096
>faggot vehemently defends westernizing of the game
Color me surprise, and you wonder why your kind will never be accepted. Of course you support the bastardization of the series if it means including the garbage you want. And none "stole" anything from you faggots, the term is used to bring attention to your subhuman nature. We all know where the term originated.
>>
File: 1544280883601.jpg (99 KB, 833x616)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>2364117
>and you wonder why your kind will never be accepted.
Oh we are, in America and Japan, way more than the inbred wannabe klansmen who pretend to be native to yotsuba. You're seething about this fact in this very thread.
>Of course you support the bastardization of the series if it means including the garbage you want
I'm amazed that you can look at a game series adding implied gay sex and think this is the sole problem with the game.
>the term is used to bring attention to your subhuman nature
Anon, even white nationalist enablers think you're subhuman, and have since the dawn of your ideology. You're nothing but a slave looking at a shadow on the wall.
>>2364106
Haha
>>
>>2364130
41%
>>
File: dvcprofarrest.jpg (146 KB, 810x515)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>>2364141
Amazing post anon! You truly showed me! I kneel!
>>
why the fuck did the /pol/tards have to ruin my fucking thread I just wanted to talk about rf5 since PoOT was such a disappointment
>>
>>2364147
feels like this thread belongs on /v/ rather than /vrpg/
>>
>>2364161
we had pretty consistent rf/sos threads a while back. Unless you mean reading through the thread makes you feel like you're on /v/ then yes.
>>
>>2364170
this. i feel kinda triggered, ngl
>>
>>2364147
We can't have nice threads anymore after faggots and anti-faggot faggots decided that this was the best place to fling shit at each other.
Anyway the game isn't out yet and there hasn't been any major updates or patches so there isn't much to talk about.
>>
File: o4xY0bv.jpg (726 KB, 1920x1080)
726 KB
726 KB JPG
>>2364260
>anti-faggots are just as bad as faggots
>>
>>2364280
Anyone who can't stop screaming about off topic /pol/shit are bad, yes. I don't really have a stance in this so I won't feed you anymore.
I just want RF and SoS to get their shit sorted out for their next games, RF5 seems alright other than framerates and some 3d jank but Poot was basically a maker and mining simulator.
>>
>>2360067
this game has a virgin succubus, I don’t care if it lets w*ite women pretend to be gay for attention
>>
>>2364467
Go back to your bunker if you don't like anons pointing out facts then.
>>
>>2362593
What are you talking about? RF4 literally has a Jew in it. And he was not baked in an oven!
>>
>>2364617
/vrpg/ IS a bunker for people to attempt to talk about fucking video games without having to deal with disruptive, attention-seeking culture warriors every waking minute
>>
File: 1612029937873.jpg (142 KB, 1024x768)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>2365155
This to be honest, I came from /v/ when this board started and never came back because I was tired of leftards and stormniggers flinging shit at each other every second post. I'm tired of dumb fucks thinking that existence of homosexualism is a threat to the western culture (while ancients were gay as fuck) and niggers from the other side saying that where you put your dick in is the only important thing about your personality. Stop thinking exclusively about sex you dumb faggots, we should be over that as a species.
>>
>>2364147
Not my fault the red carpet was trotted out years ago for /pol/ to invade every single board without consequence. This is what 4chan is now.
>>
cool story bros, anyway here's the new trailer
https://youtu.be/-hb9yBwDS3o
>>
>>2365745
alice is such a cute girl god wish that was me
>>
>>2365745
Looks like trash.
>>
>>2363863
I beat the JPN version. It’s fun. The framerate is shit and the graphics are god awful, but the content of the game itself is good. Maybe not as good as 4, but close. If you liked 4 you’ll enjoy 5 too as long as you can handle the jank. Murakumo is best boy by a mile.
>>
>>2366400
yeah the graphics are pretty bad although I like walking through the main street with all the cherry blossom trees surrounding you, combat is janky as fuck especially on the field
i dont think its as good as 4 either, but I dont get why this game gets so much hate on /v/, smt5 has inconsistent (and bad) framerates too and it sold just fine
>>
>>2366609
>Can't marry loli dragon despite having two of them in the game and have recorded romance lines because It'd offend americans
>Can't be friends with guy characters anymore
>Performance issues
Sounds pretty shit to me
>>
I will only play it if they fix performance issues
>>
>>2366910
>Can't marry loli dragon despite having two of them in the game and have recorded romance lines because It'd offend americans
As the gay guy who bases my entire personality around being gay, removing the dragon loli offends me deeply. My guess though is that the pedophiles in the Fire Emblem fanbase are to blame for this.
Doubt
>Performance issues
Sounds about right
>>
>>2366910
but you couldn't marry the loli dragon in 4 either
>>
>>2360067
I already have a japanese copy which i bought to motivate to learn moon runes which didn't work
and so far i am not too hyped that i would buy it again localized. I'll just play it whenever i can read moonrunes comfortably so probably never.
>>
>>2360067
I'm not hype for RF 5 because they gave in to tranny westerners. Fuck that.
>>
The JP version at least emulates well so I'll try that out when the English version lands.
>>
>>2367574
They're not going to, they probably can't. It's probably a bunch of Unity asset store scripts smashed together.
>>
File: 1641202511547.jpg (50 KB, 901x676)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>2365745
> No new JP trailer
What is this supposed to imply bros?
>>
>>2366910
>Can't marry loli dragon
So same as 4, then.
>despite having two of them in the game and have recorded romance lines because It'd offend americans
Terry has datamined romance shit too, what about him offends Americans?
Just don't confess to them, retard.
>Performance issues
Your one valid complaint.
>>
>>2366609
>but I dont get why this game gets so much hate on /v/
/pol/fags had an absolute meltdown over the gay marriage thing
>>
>>2369074
>Don't confess to him retard
Doesn't make the character stop blushing and hitting on me retard
>>
>>2369078
>>2369135
honestly, they shouldn't have made everyone bisexual, it strips them of their individuality and makes the villagers all samey
they shoulda done like three houses where most bachelor(ettes) are straight, with 1-2 each being bisexual
>>
File: 454356435.png (84 KB, 1061x526)
84 KB
84 KB PNG
>Marvelous tried to cater to THESE people
>>
>>2369175
I was trying to find an angry photo of Fuuka so I could've said ガウガウガーウ、ガウガウガウ!(HOW DARE YOU CALL ME A CHILD, AND FORGET MY NAME ON TOP OF THAT)
>>
>>2369141
Three Houses is funny with the bisexual options. Yaoifags got the short end of the stick. Since they made Edelgard bi, they probably should have made the other house leaders bi too.
>>
>>2368879
That the game is already out in Japan.
>>
>>2369175
>RF1
>adults
Most of the girls look about the same age as Fuuka, it's just that the newer games have uglier sprites so they look even younger, or is it because she's a dog? Since there are proper lines after the gaus I assume only the protag can understand them or something?

>>2369228
I remember the old men fucker Manleth memes from before it was revealed that their S ranks were literally nothing, it was funny while it lasted.
>>
real shame about performance
>>
>>2369359
I one of the options in RF1 is 12 or 13 and still refers to her mother as "Mommy".
>>
What's your favorite rune ability/magic? I really like Cyclone from RF4, especially if you have an axe with glitta and tenfold steel.
>>
Can someone who know JP and played this game tell me how bad the bisexual player shit is, like the guys aren't gonna flirt with me right?
>>
>>2371502
You remember any guys hitting on you in RF4? Yeah like that
>>
>>2371505
So yes? I heard in a video the characters don't hit on you until after you started dating but I guess that was wrong
>>
>>2371500
I don't use rune abilities and magic is limited to healing.
>>
>>2371599
I occasionally use offensive magic when enemies have really high physical defense
>>
>>2371614
Only time I've used magic is when the map requires it to progress but usually even enemies with high defence are weak to some element.
>>
>>2371502
There are a few scenes where characters of both genders will mildly flirt with you regardless of which protagonist you picked, but they were already in the game from launch. Outside of that no one will hit on you unless you confess to them, and if you confess to a guy and then complain that he’s in love with you you’re a retard.
>>
>>2369135
How did you survive playing RF4?
>>
>>2369135
Do you think chitchat with characters gave off different reactions in previous games based in your gender? Lol good job outing yourself as a secondary
>>
File: 1642471189611.png (713 KB, 888x867)
713 KB
713 KB PNG
So we are getting her as DLC right bros? s-she was labeled as DLC....marvelous wouldn't leave us hanging r-right? haha........
>>
>>2376385
Probably not. I'm pretty sure the reason we won't get her is less REEEEE AMERICANS but more that the team has basically had to spend all of their time since launch fixing the fucked up state that their game was in and won't really have time to finish any planned DLC. But I suppose it's not impossible so we'll see.
>>
>>2360067
100% the beastgirl.
>>
>>2368345
They do had a short dlc teasing the dragon that we would never have. Kids even
>>
>>2376500
How much would they charge for one girl dlc
>>
>>2376795
Considering the price of SoS dlcs, probably $10-$15 or so.
>>
>>2376992
Welp I guess that’s the price to pay for waifus, oh and the sister too. If people paid would Hakama finally take the hint?
>>
File: FHeoMcHWUAEzOKz.jpg (381 KB, 1920x1080)
381 KB
381 KB JPG
>>
>>2379135
Why did she turn into a cat
>>
>>2363800
what about the writer guy who lived on the beach? i thought he was pretty nice but i hated the other characters and i didn't like the game in general
>>
buuuuuuuuuuump
>>
i still can't believe they recorded dragon pussy voice lines and ripped it away from us...
>>
>>2379135
i'm so glad i learned japanese and avoided this abomination
>>
>>2371253
Who?
>>
I just pre-ordered RF5. Didn't even realize it got a concrete US release date.

RF4 is probably my favorite game of all time. I'm definitely looking forward to it, but I also know I better finish up the games I just bought because I'll likely forget they exist once 5 releases.
>>
File: 2021052003524500_s.jpg (208 KB, 1280x720)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
>>
File: 2021052003532400_s.jpg (197 KB, 1280x720)
197 KB
197 KB JPG
>>2380645
>>
File: 2021052003522800_s.jpg (199 KB, 1280x720)
199 KB
199 KB JPG
>>2380650
>>
File: 2021052003525300_s.jpg (203 KB, 1280x720)
203 KB
203 KB JPG
>>2380652
fuck this gay earth
>>
File: fuuka13.png (2.35 MB, 1920x1080)
2.35 MB
2.35 MB PNG
>>2380655
>>
>>2380402
How does she talk in japanese?
>>
File: 2021052200592800_s.jpg (192 KB, 1280x720)
192 KB
192 KB JPG
>>2380975
like a fucking retard
>>
File: fuuka17.png (3.7 MB, 1920x1080)
3.7 MB
3.7 MB PNG
>>2380975
>>
>>2381000
Do her voicelines actually say the japanese lines, or is it all barking?
>>
>>2381103
its literally 'ares, gagau, gaugagau, gau?'
>>
>>2381105
I meant the parts in brackets, but I guess not.
>>
>>2381108
brackets are less literally (ares, family, is interested in?)

still sounds like a fucking retard
although her 'language' skills do improve over the course of the game she is still a retarded dog who should be taken out to pasture
>>
File: fuukakissu.png (1.39 MB, 1920x1080)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB PNG
>>2381117
she is the best girl and my wife
>>
>>2381144
>they ruined the entire fucking franchise just to appease this anon
hate to see it happen
>>
>>2381103
It's mostly gaugau, but sometimes it reads a little bit of the japanese.
>>
>>2381148
it was a sacrifice i was willing to make
>>
>>2381232
well fuck (you) until the end of time, anon
>>
File: fuuka15.png (2.74 MB, 1920x1080)
2.74 MB
2.74 MB PNG
>>2381233
>>
>>2365745
Can't believe Tides of Destiny is better than this.
>>
>>2381242
I wish these games could at least give enough of a shit to at least let them sleep under the sheets properly
>>
>>2381715
i was very disappointed when there was no cuddling
>>
>>2381000
This is so stupid, if she can say his name why can't she say any other word?
>>
File: fuck you devs.png (2.51 MB, 1920x1080)
2.51 MB
2.51 MB PNG
>>2383596
just doesn't want to
>>
>>2379135
I fucking hate localizers
>>
>>2383744
i just noticed that it's a proper sentence instead of "christmas! everyone, good mood!"
bravo xsneed trannies
>>
>>2383694
>no kemomimi kid
>no knife ears kid
>only boring human kid allowed
>>
Adding the gay marriage was disappointing, it just showed that LGBT will come for everything eventually.
>>
>>2384402
This is why I'll never play RF5.
>>
>>2384402
marvelous puting themselves out of business by shoving the gay down on normal people

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.