[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 46 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: la3.jpg (76 KB, 584x525)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
The english patch for LA3 just came out recently. How is it compared to Stella Glow?
>>
>>2338916
Still hoping to somebody to translate Luminous Arc Infinity for PS Vita
>>
File: 1640981582701.jpg (2 KB, 124x125)
2 KB
2 KB JPG
Holy shit, guys it's finally--
>"machine translation operator"
>no actual translator in the project
>>
>>2339019
I don't know what makes me angrier: MTL kiddies who spam their untested releases, or random posters who will defend them.
>>
>>2339019
Welp I am dissapointed , I was expecting a good patch not garbage like this . MTL it´s the worst
>>
>>2339456
I'm still mad that someone shilled EX Troopers and it turned out to be machine translated. Their defense was:
>you don't need to understand the story anyway
>>
>>2339472
not that anon but it´s so stupid then why play the mtl? for the same logic I should play the original version , fuck I hate when people defends MTL specially when are for games who will never get a proper translation
>>
>>2339472
I'm mad they did the 3DS version of EX Troopers and not the PS3 version.
>>
File: 52101664_p0.png (313 KB, 646x1000)
313 KB
313 KB PNG
>>2339007
I can vouch for the game being surprisingly well written, though I have no experience with programming and am too busy with my job to engage in what would be a huge project (this game has shitloads of text).
>>2339019
I don't know since when it became acceptable to feed a whole game script to DeepL in the hopes it'd shit out even a somewhat accurate translation to edit, but I really wish these kids would stop killing potential translation projects this way.
>>
>>2339506
>To edit
They don't even do that, just run the translation through the machine and check if the game launches. That's it.
>>
>>2339019
That's why it's not on romhacking.net either they don't allow mtl translations by rule (in fact they remove a project if they somehow found out it's mtl)

The only time it should be allowed if its an action game with so little text and story it doesn't matter not an full on rpg

But this is all fatlus fault for not bringing it over back then same with swordcraft
>>
>>2338916
it's gay
>>
>>2338916
Still gonna play it.
>>
>>2338916
Garbage with more Persona-esque school shit and mediocre music.
>>2339007
You don't want that. It's horrible.
>>
>>2338916
can i get the english version including the patch in a single download somewhere? rather not download some kind of funky patcher.
>>
>>2338916
can I play 3 without having played 1 and 2?
>>
>>2344187
You can. Each game have nothing to do with each other beside some Eastern eggs.
>>
none of my units in this game can tank for shit. The only that can tank is slow as shit
>>
>>2344818
>Relying on tanks in a LA game
You kill the enemy before they kill you. But if you do need a tank then either you use the guy with a shield or the the character with the highest magic defense for enemy spellcasters.
IIRC someone gets damage blocking spells but that's a good while off.
>>
>>2344897
Inaluna gets a magic nullifying buff as her second to last skill at level 25. Ashleys drop pool also includes a Lapis that cuts damage by 20%, pretty sure it gets added to her pool after chapter 14 or so.
>>
>>2344897
Sometimes the enemies got re-enforcement right behind my backline and if my backline are too slow they die fast (Eruru and Sara)
>>
How are the girls? Which one's the best?
>>
>>2346275
sara
>>
I've only completed the first Luminous Arc, it was such unapologetic weeb trash it felt like a censored eroge.
>>
>>2346430
Good, more games should be honest and shameless about their target audience
>>
>>2346412
that's a boy
>>
>>2346601
A hole is a hole
>>
>>2345858
Oh yeah I recall LA3 being pretty harsh on how easy it is for your team to die, especially depending on which set of level ups you take. I also found MP pools to be ungodly tiny but its been so long that I can't really give better advice beyond just huddle up and take your time.
>>
The last boss is kinda bullshit. After his first stage, he summons a bunch of minions in the middle of the map. He also:
> hit super hard
>ridiculous range
>his turn come often so ready to eat two attacks
>bulky enough to eat every single FD once on my team and still live.
>>
>>2338916
Honestly, I wouldn't even notice its machine translated if it werent for the readme file.
>>
>>2347157
B-but that's the wrong hole!!
>>
>only one playable loli
>and her ending is kind of lame
Meh
>>
Which Luminous arc game has the most lolis?
>>
>>2349547
Each game has like one loli.
>>
>>2349701
alright good enough for me
>>
How bad is the translation given that it's MTL?
>>
>>2351229
I don't know since I don't know Japanese. I can guess some words like senpai got translated into big sister.
>>
>You have the option to pick between growth types
>Most of the time its either being made of glass or throwing a ton of damage down the shitter
Although if its anything like 2, then you should have access to % damage boosters so fixing damage would be far easier.
>>
>>2348200
Yeah, he's pretty rough the first time around. It's easier once you know how the fight goes and huddle everyone together in the center of the map before starting the final phase.

>>2347185
The difference in durability between Balance and Unique level ups isn't as great as you may think, at least not for Levi. The minor increase in HP and Guard isn't enough to let you take more abuse, and the stats you miss out on (MP and ATK) are far more useful for him.
>>
>>2351409
>% damage boosters
If you mean accessories/Lapis, then those are decent for the elemental characters (though even then you still need a good offensive stat and damage modifiers to overcome enemy defense), though it's not an option for Levi due to having no element. Power Charge makes up for that quite nicely though.
>>
>>2351337
No, honorifics are still here
>>
>>2351413
>>2351421
Generally speaking most characters trade HP for MP or vice versa. Then they'll shave off points from their highest stat, eg Levi's Atk or Eruru's Resist and spread it across everything else. Mind you Sion and Sarah get like double HP if you pick nothing but balanced.
>>
So I should focus all my level ups on ATTACK right?
UNGA BUNGA
>>
>>2351429
The girl trio called Ashley Big sister which i find kinda weird.
Also i find my end game team always consist of SIon, Aulmorde, Ashely due to their useful spells and good mobility. Levi for massive dmg, Yu for magic tanking and single target dps, Heine when I really need a tank, Inaluna buffs also pretty useful. I pretty much never use Glen and Dino since they are outclassed by the rest of the team.
>>
>>2351511
The faster you kill the less enemies to attack you. You should always aim for 1HKO
>>
>>2351513
Judging by the character archetypes, they probably call her onee-sama. MTL is like that, no nuance at all, she's not literally their sister.
>>
File: 477530.jpg (69 KB, 500x363)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
She is the first ending I unlock
>>
File: 1641545487090.jpg (415 KB, 482x1149)
415 KB
415 KB JPG
>>2351532
>B-cup
>>
>>2351511
>>2351515
Dino and Eruru are funny characters who deal more damage if you go balanced than unique because they focus on Speed and Resist ordinarily. Not to mention that Dino's tech is always bad anyway so losing a bit of it is a non issue.

http://masterwiki.net/la3eyes/index.php?%A5%AD%A5%E3%A5%E9%A5%AF%A5%BF%A1%BC
>>
>>2351736
I find Dino kinda useless. His thing is buff his speed for evade but the problem is that magic basically ignore evasion
>>
>>2351775
That's specifically why I recommend that you ignore his speed focus and pick the choice that gives better damage and defenses.
At least it isn't the water girl who has mage tier defenses and no speed despite being a melee fighter.
>>
>>2351804
She does have that really useful resurrection spell but Eruru still better since she have way more MP to spam revive
>>
>>2351825
More like Eru doesn't get almost all of her HP taken off any time something looks at her funny. 53 natural guard at 99 if you pick nothing but unique is complete shit.
She's one of the few characters where I'd unironically say sacrificing her damage for durability is worth it.
>>
>>2351524
I'm pretty sure you dont need to be litral to call someone "big sister"
>>
>>2351983
I just left her far back to revive units
>>
>>2352369
Waste of a deploy slot. If you're bringing someone along then they should either be fighting or healing. Having a character just bum around in the back that occasionally heals because someone died whether by accidental crit or you messing up just makes battles take longer as you have dead weight.
>>
>>2351511
Generally I go all Unique for Levi (partially because you can take advantage of stat ups if you have Free Time to spare), all Balance for Glen (not that it matters much for him in a 1st playthrough), and judge level by level for every other character. As other anons mentioned, Dino gets above average ATK if you tend towards Balance over Unique, and some casters like Sara/Sion have something like a 4 point difference per level in their HP/MP gain depending on what you choose.

>>2351983
I generally don't have much issue with Layla aside from her 2 Jump, but you do really want to use damage reduction/HP regen Lapis with her. You are correct about her stats though, the Guard point difference between all Balance/Unique is very significant, definitely someone you want to weigh the pros and cons of every level up for.
>>
>>2352940
There's quite a few levels where you'd give up like 1 Atk/Mag or HP/MP in exchange for a more well rounded spread which can make a huge difference in performance when added up over time if you pick properly. Especially for the mages and the defensively oriented characters like Heine and Dino.
>>
>>2351511
>Refi
HP/MP are the only stats he can't get boosted for free during free time so those are the most important stats for his levels. Unique is generally the better choice for him in most levels.
>Everyone else
Just pick what gives you the best ratio of HP/MP and one of Atk/Mag while not messing up your other stats. Some characters end up having wide swings in performance if you carefully pick their levels instead of focusing on one side. Just make sure you don't neglect Ashley or Heine's TEC stats or else you'll have a really bad time using their best moves.
>>
>>2353332
>HP/MP are the only stats he can't get boosted for free during free time
He can get them boosted, actually. For HP, you talk to the old man in the bath house to get +4 HP, which is pretty nice. For MP, you interact with the last bed in the nurses office to get +2 MP, which isn't super useful since Levis Unique already gives him plenty, but it's there if you want it.
>>
>>2353361
Yeah, Unique gives him mage tier MP which is pretty good while still having a moderate HP stat. Those defenses make be a little worried even if you use the Restore/Purified Water trick to offset the defensive penalties you get. So i'd still suggest you take some balanced levels here and there.
The real trick, at least according to the wiki anyway is to purposefully avoid training him too much as a Berserker so you can abuse the superior stat gains when he upgrades.
>>
I always felt that LA3 was the hardest one of the LA games + Stella Glow back when I played it around release and playing it again now just proves that I was right. You basically never have any cash unless you grind even after doing the sidequests so you end up having to skip equipment upgrades. Not to mention that it has the most bloated HP pools on boss class enemies in the series.
>>
>>2354118
At least it give you incentive to use old weapon and skip some weapons
>>
>>2353376
>spoiler
I've never bothered with that trick since it seems like more trouble than it's worth. The game isn't so difficult that you need the better level ups, and you have to hold back on the use of one of your best damage dealers too.

>>2354118
Fortunately upgrading equipment outside of weapons isn't too important until you get to pieces that have 5 more Def/Res than what you currently have, and even those you can sometimes skip over if they don't have a good secondary boost to HP/MP. And yeah, the bosses generally are pretty bulky, which makes me thankful that Levi hits as hard as he does.
>>
>>2355231
If you're using Heine/Inaruna then you can basically skip most equipment upgrades unless they give you HP/MP anyway. +30 Def/Res combined with well selected level ups can functionally make your team invincible when used properly. Except for characters who have so bad Def/Res that you can't save them so basically Unique Sion, Ashley and Layla.
>>
Holy cow, I don't remember LA1 and 2 being this hard
>>
>>2356019
I'm pretty sure 2 is the easiest one overall even though LA1 is a broken game where Leon and Cecille can casually throw out 999 attacks for like the entire endgame.
In 3, you're expected to be doing side quests so you can have money and materials to buy/make new gear and even then you should be skipping upgrades if they don't give decent enough stat boosts. I think the party in 3 are mostly on the same general power level so it's really down to what levels you take and element composition on the enemy side.
>>
>>2356235
I'm at the part where you first fight Reinhart and everyone's normal attacks can only deal single digits to him. Only Glen is able to deal significant damage with his FD. I legit thought you were supposed to lose this battle. Guess I'll have to grind...
>>
>>2356615
You don't need to grind. If your team is around Level 6-7 then you can take him on.
Use Heine's Cross Guard on Levi/Glen/Ashley, take on everything bit by bit and then blow him up by spitting out everyone's FDs at him back to back.
He's really just a test to see if you know how to use buffs/placement properly and have up to date weapons.
>>
>>2356693
I definitely need grinding I think. My team was around lvl 4-5 since I didn't do any side quests at all. My units weren't even strong enough to kill the monsters before Reinhart starts approaching so I can't spam FDs.
>>
Translation for the Vita exclusive when?
>>
I'll have to give the LA/SG writing staff some credit. No one would dare to reuse the same basic plot point 4 times across 5 games
>>
>>2357707
What's the reused plot point?
>>
>>2357718
The main antagonists in the first half aren't evil and are actually trying to save the world in their own way from the real villains who the protagonists are either working for but didn't know, see LA1/3/SG or was there the entire time and just watching see LA2
Not to mention that the mentor figure in LA3 and Stella Glow are both the traitor
>>
>>2357735
Oh yeah, that is true, though I don't really mind that first twist much in LA3/SG, and generally enjoy the second one whenever it pops up in a story.
>>
>>2356709
You might be able to do it at level 5 as long as you can get Levi and Glen to smash him with a couple of FDs. I recommend making sure they get the kills on the Minotaurs so that they have their FDs ready when Reinhart starts advancing; you may also want to make use of the Squib/Bomb items for a bit of extra damage. Little trick you can make use of in case Reinhart keeps giving you trouble: aside from the initial Aqua Cutter and using his FD whenever he can, his AI tends to prioritize using Cure whenever there's a hurt ally nearby, so you can have Inaluna or someone shave some health off a Gigas to make him waste a turn.
>>
So how bad is the machine translation?
Will i be able to tell whats going on or is it just going to be gibberish?
>>
>>2358002
As long as Levi has Power Charge for that fight he'll be fine since a well timed one can make a huge difference in a fight. Even more so if you have the Wolf's Eye for the +15% crit.

>>2358071
It's understandable although certain parts are definitely rough.
>>
Which Lapis did you give Levi? i give him Tiger Eye, Stone Wall and the one that give 20 every physical stats
>>
>>2358518
Depends on the rest of my team because some character's need certain lapis more than others. The only real constant is Wolf/Tiger Eye because he doesn't get to use elemental boosters like the other characters.
Besides an all or mostly unique build is likely going to be one shotting or almost one shotting a lot of enemies after Arm Shift in the second half.
>>
LA2 has the best girl designs
>>
>>2358747
I liked Althea's pre upgrade design better.
>>
>>2358747
The bottom one looks like a trap
>>
>>2359082
She's like 12. Her entire character is just being a bratty bossy kid who likes crabs.
>>
>Get back Elulu
>They didn't auto level her
Such a shame. Then again she doesn't compete with Levi for your early Stone Wall so there's that to keep in mind I suppose.
>>
>>2359490
Stone Wall is easy to farm
>>
>>2358266
True, Power Charge Levi lets you muscle through a lot of fights.

>>2358518
I usually just slap some good defensive Lapis on him, since his naturally high ATK plus buffs lets him tear through enemies easily without any extra help.

>>2359490
The free stat boost is more impactful than the levels she would have gained, honestly.
>>
>>2359886
Who gives Stone Wall? Equipping it is functionally equivalent to +25% HP so its a great choice for a lot of otherwise frail frontliners like Layla who gets free reign to focus on her MP/Atk.

>>2359893
+10 to everything is nice but I'd like the free levels just so that I'd have to grind her less.
>>
Why is Eruru so goddamn slow
>>
>>2360072
There is a quest in the palace Audience Room that give Stone Wall every time you finish it.
>>
>>2360248
I thought that was a one time drop. If you have infinite copies from that then there's no reason not to do that stage 11-13 times.

>>2360186
7 AO and if you keep moving her fully and acting then it's even worse. That goes for all of the others with bad AO. You also only get one Hawk's Garment outside of WiFi and that's if you bother to kill all the enemies in Chapter 15. Thus the princess ends up being one of the best support characters in the game because she can give one character +3 AO for a few turns.
>>
Good times...
>>
>>2360321
Eh, you don't need that many copies of Stone Wall. Most of the cast either don't have space for it or prefer something else.
>>
>>2360349
Why did Master dress Fatima so slutty?
>>
Is it just me or is Elulu the worst caster overall?
>Lowest magic out of everyone meaning that she does the worst damage and it adversely affects her healing
>Sara heals better and Sion can cure both ailments/debuffs
All she has going for her is the "early" revive and her high resistance. Mind you I'm not calling her a bad unit, since there are cases where she's preferable due to element loadout or not having access to the other healers.
>>
>>2360615
Eh i think Sarah is worse. Sarah has the same AO as Elulu, worse health and resistance. yes she can deal more dps but Yu can outdamage her easily and his resist is really high so he can tank magic too.
>>
>>2360903
Sarah outheals her without trying, deals more damage both physically and magically, Sloth Bomb can delay enemy turns and Yggdra Form got buffed to Ignis Blaze range which means she has excellent AoE. Regen Mass is also a good proactive heal method since it can top off grazes while moving into position.
As for health, I hope you didn't fall for the all unique meme. You're supposed to pick the level that has the higher magic which ends having you jumping between HP and MP oriented levels that balances out her hp curve while maintaining damage.
>>
>>2360615
Aside from the higher Res and her Revive, there is also the situational usefulness of Cure being cheaper and single target, so you don't have to dance around accidentally healing enemies with the AoE, but that doesn't come up very often anyway. She also tends to be marginally bulkier than Sara/Sion, though how much that actually helps is debatable.
>>
>>2362023
Elulu is definitely bulkier than the other two since she has better HP and the highest res in the game. Although physical enemies are far more common so it usually leads to her surviving maybe one more hit on average.
>>
>>2339019
Wasn't there already a decade old script translation for some of the early chapters? I know the big hangup was actually getting english text into the textbox, but I thought they were working with a translator to get the rest of the script in the meantime.
>>
>>2362023
Yeah, i find Elulu cure better for the range. Both Sion and Sara heal have shorter range which put them in the enemies range more often. Sara is worse since her move also kinda bad, thus positions her for healing is a pain in the ass.
>>
>>2362391
In the beginning, enemies like to target just single targets but I find that the further you go into the game then the more enemies tend to use AoE which forces you to use AoE heals. There are also maps like 14-2/3 and 17 where you're forced to be in clumps anyway so the slightly better range isn't as important as not getting your guys blown up because you couldn't heal them all at once. For example you're probably only going to get one action per character between Virtue Rays in 17 so even if you did have Elulu, you're going to be using Curer over Cure solely for the superior action economy.
>>
>>2362120
Apparently Sion ends up with fairly high HP if you go Balance a lot, but she still ends up with lower Guard which means Elulu has the edge in that regard. And of course the huge Res stat helps once you get to the second half of the game and you start running into enemies that actually use magic. I've always felt that it would be good if her Cure also cured status ailments and debuffs; would be pretty nice to have all of that in one package for just 10 MP.

>>2362391
My only issue with Sion is the fact that her heal has a flat *1 multiplier due to it also curing ailments and being AoE, though her being significantly faster than your other healers is a major point in her favor that makes her really good even with that drawback.
>>
>>2363671
Yeah, I think Sion is the best healer overall because having the highest movement, action speed and the best action economy overall is very useful. She does have iffy HP/MP for a long time but unlike the others she can afford to run Meditate + HP/MP Up due to not needing to use a +AO item.
The slow quartet are obvious choices for those lapis but you can also justify Inaluna for it since she can correct one person's speed for a few turns. Thus allowing you to field two base 7 AO units while still maintaining a generally fast team.
>>
>>2363710
Honestly, Sion usually ends up being the only healer I field near the end since I tend to stick to characters with 8 or more AO; even though you can make up for the lower AO with Lightspeed, I prefer to just use characters that are faster at a base and blitz through things a bit more quickly.

I've always given the one Hawk Garment to Inaluna since I always use her, and she's the type of character who wants to get turns as fast as possible since she always has something important to do.
>>
>>2364003
You have 1 Hawk and 1 Skanda to go around per playthrough so you can get an 8 AO unit to 9 (Glen/Inaluna/Aulmorde) and a 7 AO unit to 9 (Heine/Sara/Yuu/Elulu).

Inaluna's the obvious choice from the first set, while the second set really depends on the rest of your team composition. 7 AO is really bad for a physical character like Heine while Sara/Elulu love the extra turns as a healer. Yuu's main purpose is to either soften things or pick off leftovers that the main team didn't deal with so leaving him at 7 isn't as big of a deal to me.
>>
>>2364118
Really by end game I mainly use Sion and Aulmorde since they can traverse most terrane easily. Ahsley power spike occur once she get her last skill and before that just use her for her FD
>>
>>2364251
Aside from Layla who doesn't get a super nuke final skill but makes up for it by having vastly higher attack, most of the cast get large power spikes on their final skill. Ashley's just the most notable because she finally gets real damage.
>>
>>2364269
It is real nice having her able to actually contribute to boss fights. Her being really fast and durable is very valuable throughout the whole game, but it's kind of painful when you get to fighting the boss and she can't help much aside from drawing aggro.
>>
>>2364295
Yeah it does, especially since she can already contribute excellent AoE via FD or you can just let Yuu/Sara/Aulmorde do it with their last spells.
>>
My two cents on the characters. I don't think anyone is truly bad especially when accounting for the element chart or them getting walled by elemental damage reduction. Eg. Glen/Aulmorde are useless in the fire hot springs battle against Althea.

>Melee
A: Levi, Ashley
B: Dino, Layla
C: Glen, Heine
D: Anogia
The melees are pretty easy to rate since most of them don't have utility so its just a matter of rating who has the most damage while being the easiest to use. Heine's a decent package all around but his low AO is a problem for him and Anogia is in his own tier because of that terrible movement stat.

>Casters
A: Sion/Aulmorde
B: Sara/Inaluna
C: Yuu/Elulu

Sara's not as strong as Yuu but she has healing utility which is always relevant. Elulu is the weakest damage damage wise and is a worse healer than Sara/Sion in most instances but I don't think she's that badly off to warrant placing her in the absolute bottom as she does have stages where she's better because of her superior movement type/Cure's superior range. Yuu deals a lot of damage when he does get his turn but his lack of utility is a real problem when he has turns where he can't fight anything especially when every other caster has something they can do. Besides if I really want a beatstick caster, I'd just bring Aulmorde who's faster and can target both defenses.
>>
>>2364419
I find the best use for Anogia is as a light caster
>>
>>2364954
I believe he has a higher magic stat than his mage equivalent due to Attack Shift so he might actually end up dealing more damage than her. I forgot what Shine Bullet's multiplier was compared to Photon Axis.
Granted Inaluna can decide to trade slightly higher AO for better damage with her spare slot depending on your team so it's not that clear cut.
I believe his best use is on a smaller map where you can spam Brilliant Flash. But Glen does that gimmick better with Burning Road abuse.
>>
>>2339616
That's actually very good to know
>>
File: mad levi.jpg (161 KB, 637x956)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
I wonder if he said "fuzakeruna" in this scene.
>>
We should get to date Valerie
>>
File: 72807362_p0.jpg (2.95 MB, 3507x2480)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB JPG
>>2364419
Generally agree with your list, though I would like to add that if we factor in unique contributions, Levi may get a tier to himself since no other character is as good a damage dealer as he is, to the point that he'd probably be a guaranteed include in your team even if he wasn't the MC. As for Yuu, he does at least have the unique advantage of being the only character with access to a debuff.

While we're on the subject, what are your thoughts on the unit design in general? I think it's pretty well done as a whole, with every character having very well defined strong points and weak points, which leads to team composition being very important and interesting to play around with.
>>
>>2367007
I find some of the skills the characters have kinda useless. Speed boots is useless, Heine spell cost too much and isn't very useful, ...
>>
>>2365956
YOU ARE THE FUCK YOOOOOOOOU
>>
>>2367104
As long as you're decent at positioning, Speed Boost is quite useful. It makes Dino essentially only really take magic damage and he can deal significant damage to most mage enemies or just stun them with Paralysis Needles.
As for the spell that most melee characters have, it really depends on your levels and the enemies you're fighting. Usually only Levi, Layla and the last character will use it regularly but you can justify using it on the others if the enemy has vastly superior defense over resist or if you need the extra hit and can't reach the back.

>>2367007
LA3 has the best balance in across the three LA games and SG. Aside from a certain someone whose movement/jump stat waa probably inverted and they didn't realise it, everyone has stages that they're good/bad at before the game eventually settles down towards a generic pick your strongest and go to at the end. Kopin Stages also prevent you from just picking one set of characters anyway. As for Yuu, Protect Down is nice mostly because it's effect is amplified if you use the X Crystals and/or Tiger Eye but being the only support spell that can miss sucks.
>>
If AO determines turn speed then what is the speed stat for?
>>
>>2367401
Evasion against physical attack
>>
>>2367007
Outside of unisons, I believe Layla can beat him as a physical attacker against neutral/weak targets to Water. Especially if you decide to run multiple element damage up gems.
>>
File: 79534608_p0.jpg (781 KB, 2212x1504)
781 KB
781 KB JPG
>>2367104
Cross Guard is pretty good for making the rest of your group much more resilient, and Heine should be able to use it twice after he gains a couple of levels, provided that you slap some MP+ Lapis on him.

>>2367401
Aside from physical evade, it does determine who goes first when two units get their turn at the same time, IIRC.
>>
>>2368184
Yeah its sorted by AO and then further divided by speed. Which is why it's a good idea for Sara to be slower than the two Shift users.
>>
How are you supposed to beat this sidequest? I'm over the recommended level but still have trouble with it. You are only allowed 4 units and the enemies will swarm you pretty fast. It's ridiculous.
>>
>>2369212
Deploy Aulmorde in the bottom left corner and pick three other characters, ideally ones that resist/are super effective against water enemies.
Have Aulmorde target one of the crabs with Flame Bullet or just nuke them with Scorching Breath/Ignis Blaze and send her straight for the chest. Everyone else should huddle together and you take down the crabs bit by bit. Once you get it down, its a simple map that you're going to have to do multiple times because the chest contains a 10% MP Regen Lapis so you'll want to get multiple copies for your mages.
>>
>>2369223
>everyone else should huddle together and you take down the crabs bit by bit
That's what I tried but my units die pretty fast and the crabs can silence with their aoe attacks. My physical attackers cannot deal enough damage and my magic units can kill 2 crabs at most before being wiped out.
>>
>>2369232
If you have a reasonably trained Heine, you can just have him use Cross Guard on himself and your mages for the +30 Def. Alternatively, you can equip him with water resist lapis and anti silence then throw him into the middle of the crabs. Guard Boost will basically make him unkillable while he can deal significant damage to them in return with his FD.
Also, what mages are you using and with which setup? Sara and Aulmorde shouldn't have any issues OHKOing crabs, especially if you're using Leaf/Forest/Fire/Flame Crystals.
>>
File: sara.jpg (170 KB, 623x959)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
>>2369245
*which mages and what setup?
Using Sara for example;
HP+ to help with her poor health
Meditate allows her to use her spells more regularly.
Forest Crystal for more damage
You can also consider giving her a Hawk/Skanda Garment for the +1/2 AO respectively.
>>
>>2369265
Just tried again with Aulmorde, Inaluna, Sarah and Layla. They're all lvl 23-25. Aulmorde is the only one who can OHKO the crabs. Sarah can't even with the leaf lapis, I don't have the forest lapis yet. All the mages are too slow and can only attack once before getting wiped out or silenced by the crab's aoe attacks.
>>
>>2369283
You have too many mages. A physical character has to act as bait to soak up hits from the crabs. Forest is a random MVP drop, and you can push Sara's damage up by using +Mag items. +10 Mag should add about 24 Damage to her spell before resistance/modifiers.
>>
>>2369296
Whoops, that's +10 Mag = 14 Damage and +20 Mag for 28 damage.
>>
>>2369283
Are you using Levi effectively? Usually whenever I have issues, leveraging his ability to do great damage helps solve the problem, and at the point you're at either him, Ashley, Heine, or even Dino should be able to help draw some aggro away from the casters. Dry Charms may help too if you have them.
>>
>>2369314
I think he should have the upgraded dry charm because you get one for free if you kill all of the enemies on one of the Reinhart stages.
>>
Alright, I finally completed it after boosting Sarah and turning Layla into a tank with stone walls. The crabs didn't use their aoe attacks as much this time for some reason so no one got silenced but I'll take it. Thanks bros.
>>
How bad is the MTL?
Ive been avoiding it because they usually suck, but im breaking bros.
>>
>>2369371
I have no idea how the AI works, but I think its just attacking the closest target that takes the most damage. I also believe that anything with debuffs/ailments only really use them on their first turn.
>>
>>2369479
The biggest issue is the frequent grammatical errors which, while they don't ruin the experience, are pretty annoying if you care about sentence structure and flow.
>>
>You can just get a bunch of endgame armor from doing easy repeatable quests
That explains the massive power jump in enemy stats in the last couple stages. They probably expected you to spam those stages until when you had enough gear to equip your core 6.
>>
>>2367894
Neutral targets I'm not too sure about since Levis ATK isn't too far off from Laylas, which he can make up for with Power Charge/Arm Shift anyway, and it wouldn't surprise me if he nearly matches her damage on Light enemies too. On top of that, outside of damage, there's also Levis superior availability and durability, which would be major factors for his placement on a theoretical tier list.
>>
>>2371303
If the damage formula is the same as LA2, then its [(Atk x Mod) - Def/Res] x Multipliers
Levi caps out at 604 Atk while Layla caps at 636 at base. Arm Shift pushes his theoretical maximum to 654 while Physical More pushes Layla's maximum to 666.
However, when it comes to damage potential being Neutral/Silver is a double edged sword. All of the elemental characters have access to high end crystals like Deluge or even their weaker variants such as River which adds a final multiplier to their attacks. 3x River on Layla gives her +60% final damage and 3x Deluge gives her +90% (and you can apply this to every other character).
Now Layla has other issues holding her back, namely her low MP pool and sketchy guard stat which gets in the way of her superior HP. Not to mention that while 100% revive is a useful niche, its also horrendously expensive and it comes at the cost of not having a dumb spam move like the other characters so if its a case where she needs to tech up her damage, Layla has to burn DP to do so.
Levi has his own flaws such as no resistances/effectiveness for over half of the game and generally subpar bulk. Not to mention that you have to use up someone's turn to remove Arm Shift's def penalties or else he turns into a real glass cannon.
>>
>>2371380
I'm not quite sure if the crystals are additive or multiplicative but they'd be even stronger if they are since that's 1.728/2.197x final damage. Granted you're probably only going to be using two crystals at most since Stone Wall is certainly going to be in the other slot for durability purposes.
>>
I don't think it worth it to buy new armor for mages if they only give armor since the mages will die in like one hit anyway.
>>
>>2371825
No one that's properly levelled dies in one hit unless it's a FD, you got attacked from a bad position or a stray crit.
>>
File: Laila_Ref.jpg (1.06 MB, 1500x1018)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB JPG
Layla best girl
>>
>>2372467
Sion's a non character, Inaluna is for Heine, Sara treats you like a guinea pig and Ashley brother zones you. There's not much competition.
>>
>>2372467
I prefer Aulmorde
>>
https://exhentai.org/g/574390/66a59a6568/
>>
>>2372507
What about Yu and Eruru?
>>
>>2372559
Eruru is kind of a given, what with her main heroine status. Yuu's always seemed more like a little brother relationship to me.
>>
>>2372559
Eruru is the intended pairing especially since Glen's third bond convo even talks about Levi, Glen and Eruru being a trio who should hang out together and both of them go for her food after practice. Not to mention that she's similar to Lily who was a big deal for Levi's character arc.
Layla is pretty transparent about how much she likes Levi.
Aulmorde's conversations aren't really romantic at all.
Yuu is that little brother that everyone bullies. I'll give him credit for using Inaluna's lap as a pillow.
>>
File: 34229756_p0.jpg (241 KB, 1200x800)
241 KB
241 KB JPG
>>2372736
While we're on the subject of his romantic interests, what are your thoughts on Levi himself? I rather like him and think he's a pretty entertaining main character, especially with his tendency to be a bit of a lazy punk.
>>
Chapter 24 was an absolute disaster when it came to the bosses. None of my physical characters could land a hit on the main boss without their FDs, so I had to opt for sandbagging until when Elulu and Master could tag team him with their FDs.
Elulu is a really funny character where the one moment that her niche comes in, she instantly becomes the best character you have around but otherwise she's just kind of superfluous. That stage also serves as a reminder as to why Tec is easily the second most important stat for melees.
>>
>>2372828
I think he's the best MC across the LA games and Stella Glow. Alph's okay, Roland's boring and Alto's a decent character but he's just a bit under Levi.
>>
>>2372917
Chapter 24 is pretty hard, especial when going for Anogia. Hell, the last 3 chapters in general can be quite difficult.

>>2372926
Those are basically my thoughts on them as well. Alph and Roland are both pretty boring, and Alto has just enough of a character to be kind of interesting, but there's just something about Levi that causes him to stand out and makes you like him.
>>
>>2374231
The mooks were push overs. The swingy part of the stage is praying your team doesn't get bullied to death by ailments from the secondary boss' FD. Layla/Heine are also dead weights in that chapter if you don't equip them with Jump Lapis.
>>
Started playing this, after 100% previous LA games. So regarding Balanced and Unique stat growth, is it recommended to go in one way or to take your pick depending on the situation?
Also does level gets reset for every playthrough?
>>
>>2374763
Levi and Yuu are the only characters who'd want to go all unique. Elulu and Heine are technically better with Balanced focused builds but you're going to be level jumping with them.
For everyone else you want to maximize their damage stat while balancing out secondary stats. Otherwise you end up with situations like all unique Sara/Sion having cripplingly bad HP or Layla having worse defense than the casters.
>>
>>2374868
I find Ashley Unique quite good. Like i don't expect her to tank magic hit anyway and her unique give her decent bulk against physical attack.
>>
>>2374992
Ashley always has above average def and bad resistance. However the reason why you want to jump around with her is to maximize her MP and Attack stats so she can use her finisher more often and hit for more damage.
>>
>>2374868
Guess I screwed up for Levi since I did go balanced on some levels on him early game. Enemies hits hard on Hard difficulty so I prioritize HP than Attack for him. Guess I'll go Unique at later levels then.
>>
>>2374763
Levels don't reset between playthroughs, nothing does since the game wants you to play through it at least 3 times for 100%.
>>
>>2375586
A couple off levels here and there won't mess you up especially since Levi can increase all of his stats via training for money and he doesn't mind the extra bulk especially on Hard.
>>
>>2375586
Levi's near impossible to mess up since he does his job well no matter what
>>
>>2376495
Technically, you can sort of gimp him by grinding too much before the end of 17-1 and missing out on the superior stats from training him up as Ragnarok. However, the chances of that are pretty small since most players tend to get there between 20-25 which is about average anyway..
In any case, Power Charge/Arm Shift give him a decent enough power boost to ensure he'll always be relevant.
>>
>>2376526
>spoiler
>Levi already at Level 22 at chapter 6.
He does things too good, he kill stuffs that was meant for others.
>>
>>2376993
Did you just give every single kill to him and grinded on top of that? You're not supposed to be close to that level until about 10 stages later.
>>
>>2377009
Yeah, somehow it ended like that. Eruru can even snipe enemies with a Aqua Hammer at Level 18.
Thing is, its easy to level up in LA, killing an enemy will grant you 10 EXP, buffing yourself also give you 10 EXP. I'm doing side quest for money and equipment and it ended that Levi got most of the kills.
>>
>>2377030
You don't need to buy every single weapon or armor upgrade especially when the formula scales as simply and linearly as the one in LA2/3 does and you can get away with gear that's 4/5 chapters out of date especially when it comes to armor. Similarly just doing each quest once gives you enough cash to keep your main team up to date. There are a couple of quests worth repeating for Lapis/Gear but those are generally backloaded.
>>
>>2377030
10 EXP per kill/buff always made me not want to grind since that's 10 actions to gain 1 level, which is far too slow for me, though it does get much faster once you get EXP+ Lapis. It would be kind of funny to get Levi to level 99 before Chapter 17 and get the 101% glitch legitimately though.
>>
>>2377228
Completion autism got me for getting most of things in one run. Hard mode makes enemies hit really hard so I thought I should spend time grinding. The extra money help for the extra stuff like secret info and alchemy so it helps at least.

>>2377299
The self buff giving 10 EXP is broken. I remember previous LA giving you 3 EXP when you buff yourself and only give you 10 EXP if you buff or heal your allies as well.
Guess I should put Levi out for a while. He 7 levels beyond by average.
>>
>>2377548
LA1 gave you 30 exp as long as you heal/buff someone else and full healed you on level. Now THAT was broken.
LA3 uses the same formula as LA2.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.