[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 61sEvc3z+qL._AC_.jpg (54 KB, 500x449)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
The Metal Max 2 Reloaded fantranslation by Metal Dreamers is officially OUT
https://www.romhacking.net/translations/6375/
if you played previously the leaked rom then you can rename the .nds file to whatever you named the leaked rom so it can use its saves
>>
>>2301557
Should I play the first Metal Max in order to understand this one?
>>
>>2301601
None of the games in the series are connected but honestly, i'd do recomend you play Metal max returns because it's just really good.
>>
>>2301601
no, but it's a good game so you should play it anyway
>>
I found it prepatched here:
https://cdromance.com/nds-roms/metal-max-2-reloaded-japan/

>Release Date 08 December 2021
So you know it's the recent one and not the leak.
>>
File: 1.jpg (980 KB, 1920x721)
980 KB
980 KB JPG
>No title screen or clicking New Game
>First screen when you boot-up the game is the Class selection screen
Cool way to start.
>>
>>2301601
Yes, because a major plot point in 2 is directly connected to the first one/Returns and it's good to get it.
>>
>>2301603
>None of the games in the series are connected
That's not actually true, since there's a overarching plot/background info on NOAH in all games except for 3. It's a minor thing, but it's still there.
>>
>>2301557
damn, that reminds me i never finished this game. got burned out after like 60 hours. really fun game, but the combat gets fucking stupid past the halfway point or so.
>>
Is reloaded or 3 the better game?
>>
>>2302551
they're both great. 2 reloaded might be better gameplay-wise just because it was made after 3.
>>
>>2302551
You have to get decently far into 3 before plot progression starts to get real fucking stupid, so I should probably reserve judgement until I'm similarly deep into 2 Reloaded, but so far 2 seems better
>>
>>2301557
can I play this one on an r4 or will it format my memory card like metal max 3?
>>
What are the major differences between the NES and SNES versions of the first game, gameplay/content-wise? I really like the NES version's chip soundtrack, but I'm not sure what's that different between the two sans graphics, interface updates, general QoL, etc. because it's fucking impossible to find info on this series in English.
>>
>>2303200
fuck it just decided to play the NES one and i'm having fun. genuinely a pretty good game so far despite its console gen.

is metal saga good? might go to that next.
>>
>>2303533
Metal Saga is fun for the most part. The English version has bugs that make some things not work correctly. I enjoy how many sudden full endings it has available.
>>
>>2301557
Which is a good starting class? Also, curious about the most broken job combos for multi-classing
>>
>>2304455
They say a Brawler with an artist subclass is the most broken strat in the game, can't confirm nor deny it.
>>
You're in Nukka's bar and this girl slaps you in the ass. What do?
>>
>>2305136
Slaps my ass or IN my ass?
>>
>>2305148
>POV: you accidentaly chose the crossdressing option for your Brawler party member
>>
>>2305136
do like Metapod and Harden
>>
Making them traps is so weird when all the female portraits have tits
>>
File: 1632546557325.jpg (37 KB, 704x480)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>2305136
Pop a Full-Heal Drink
Check her gender in the status menu just to be sure
>>
File: 1567268903242.jpg (77 KB, 632x640)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
What the fuck is even going on in Metal Max 4?
>>
>>2305460
>riding your girlfriend
>>
I picked up a dog at the Dog Village but it isn't taking up the fourth party member slot and I can't equip it with things. Is there something else that needs to be done?
>>
>>2305544
Sister.
>>
>>2305552
If I recall correctly you need a special cyborg dog but I have no idea of where to find one
>>
>>2305619
Alright, thanks. I'll just have to keep looking around for one then.
>>
>>2305552
You can't just pick up "a" dog. They aren't all combat trained
Pay attention to their names.
>>
>>2305558
same thing in Japan
>>
>>2305621
Found the right one, thanks.
>>
>>2301601
Metal Max (Returns) is kinda hard to go back to because it's still pretty clunky, despite being pretty ahead of its time in a lot of ways. You have to get in and out of your tank a decent amount, particularly when you're in a town, and every time you do it has to read off a message for each of your party members entering and exiting the tank. Takes a few seconds. Happens every time. There's a lot of little things like that which add up and make it tough to play. I haven't played 3 or 2 Reloaded to see how they compare, but I remember Metal Saga being a lot smoother, though it has been like, 10 years since I last played that game.

That said, it's pretty fun. I like little details like monkeys wasting turns "feelin' good", or enemies that can only fire a single (hard hitting) shot before they run out of ammo and just puff smoke. The enemies have a lot of character for a game effectively about wandering around grinding.
>>
How is Xeno? Got it for $10 on a psn sale but haven’t gotten around to it yet
>>
>>2305783
Wait for Xeno Reborn
>>
>>2305783
bad
>>2305797
looks worse
>>
metal max 3ds transation never ever
>>
Should I start with Metal Max 2 or 3?
>>
>>2305905
returns
>>
Release order, with remakes replacing original releases, and skipping non-English options.
Returns, 2 Reloaded, Metal Saga, 3, Xeno (or wait for Xeno Reborn), Metal Dogs
>>
>>2305915
This was meant for >>2305905
>>
>>2305915
not him, but the impression i got elsewhere is that it was better to play in order of actual release due to gameplay changes or improvements in some of the remakes, ala

MM1/R > Metal Saga > MM3 > MM2R > Xeno Reborn whenever it comes out

unless there's some kind of major story beats that would get fucked in doing so
>>
What's getting translated next? 4 or Metal Saga: Season of Steel?
>>
>>2305861
What makes it bad if I may ask? And what if anything is being added to reborn to make it better?
>>
>>2305905
I'm in agreement with everyone else, you should start with Returns

Just be sure to check the two system menus under Start and under Select as soon as you can.
It's a remake of a NES RPG, and by that heritage has s couple cumbersome menu elements, but they've also given you a ton of customization options that let you alleviate that.
You can:
Change the number of delay frames between the game accepting inputs
Turn off attack animations or turn off the in battle text log (but you can't turn off both at the same time)
Toggle to automatically get out of your tanks if you try to walk over rubble/traffic barriers (and with no associated text, which would have solved half this guy's >>2305733 issue if he had just checked the menus)
Set quick access to sub menus or even individual items to any of A, B, X, Y, R, L, although one of those must always be set to "Menu"
I recommend putting "Talk" "Check" "Boarding" (NOT "Individual Boarding") and "Dog System" (fast travel) directly on buttons.
Rearrange the location of the buttons for the "BS Controller" or for your tank's in battle dashboard
>>
Metal Max Returns question, is there any reason to keep using the earlier vehicles? I find the fact that the Buggy lets you use your normal weapon when piloting it pretty interesting, can the Soldier end up dealing more damage with their hand held weapon than a Main Gun or should I just be giving my characters the latest-and-greatest tanks as I find them?
>>
>>2308204
The early game tanks actually stay very strong because of the potential of chassis mods.
By the end of the game I found that the most important things for a tank to have are low starting chassis weight, which translates to a higher potential for loaded weight, and a medium number of weapon slot options.
I ended up swapping the Buggy for the ambulance (which is still an early game tank, so not much of a change) but I used Mosquito all game long.

To answer your question about solider vs main gun, no, nothing is really going to beat a main gun for damage because of Hollow Charge shells
She very well could beat out an Aux gun for a better resource-less attack however.
>>
>>2308204
The Soldier specializes in on foot combat regardless of weapon types but her driving skills are the lowest of the trio, the Hunter/MC is kind of the opposite with the highest driving skills but okay on foot capabilities while the mechanic has the second highest driving skills but worst on foot output, especially because of the limited choice for on foot weapons, though on the other hand wrench attacks have a chance of destroying parts on any mechanical enemy.
In the end it doesn't really matter much because the game definitely isn't hard enough for you to actually focus on these details, as much as you will end up noticing them in a few boss fights, like Rodriguez or the Brass Banshee, but on the other hand given the game's heavily non linear progression you might also not really notice it due to doing certain questlines later on while being vastly overleveled.

tl:dr; you can finish the game solo on the Mosquito if you so want and you pimp it out right, use what you like and don't worry too much, you'll soon figure out the broken shit anyway.
>>
>>2305783
It's fine. It's a streamlined Metal Max experience, but it's still a fun ride.

>>2306872
Angry faggots. Xeno is OK. The only problem is that there's little exploration, since there's a rigid story progression (something that Metal Max 4 and 3 to a lesser degree, did) and the story/writing itself is godawful. Still, after you finish the story, you get harder modes, and you also unlock a story-free mode which is a "full tank customization autismo mode". I easily burned 60+ hours on Xeno, and had a blast with the tank customization and character class experimentation. It's a really fun game honestly had more fun with Xeno than both P5s and 90% of other jrpgs on the PS4, but YMMV, just a bad Metal Max entry point.
>>
>>2306872
>And what if anything is being added to reborn to make it better?
It looks worse. Reception in japan was even more mixed than Xeno. They scrapped the classic turn-based combat for a pseudo realtime/turn based hybrid combat. They also ditched the lovely cel-shaded graphics for a very gritty, western-like aesthetic but it's not that bad. All the story elements were completely removed.
Basically, they solved some problems and added others.
>>
>>2308454
>They scrapped the classic turn-based combat for a pseudo realtime/turn based hybrid combat.
jesus fucking christ, why
>>
File: 1624508568500.jpg (105 KB, 960x544)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>2308443
>Xeno is OK.
hardly.
Even if you want to ignore the absolutely fucking godawful story and cast, or the fact that the game is completely linear and short as fuck, with no settlements and generic dungeons that might as well be procedurally generated, it is hard to ignore how both the battle system and even vehicle customization and variety have been dumbed down hard, what with the complete lack of things like special shells, status effects or removal of vehicle part categories like CPUs.
Granted it was not 100% atrocious, after all things like SHOOT mode on the overworld are a good addition, and so are visible enemies, although even there you can't ignore how those visible enemies are only a thing in the (empty) overworld and not in the dungeons, where they'd matter a lot more.
Sure, the music and fanservice for old fans were mostly on point, it had a couple of really cool new enemy designs too, but the game is still really, really fucking bad and it's no mystery why Reborn completely trashed most of it without looking back, nobody liked that shit.
t. preordered it back when it came out in JP and I'm still salty about how shitty the game turned out to be.
>>
>>2308859
It's far from the ideal Metal Max game we would want, but I still think it's decent. I still saw potential in it and had a lot fun with it.
Regardless, after the both 4 and Xeno, we can only go up, and the new games seem like a step in the right direction.
>>
File: 1628021090611.jpg (53 KB, 390x500)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
Redpill me on Ted Broiler. What makes him so popular?
>>
File: 1639487451856.png (283 KB, 1282x772)
283 KB
283 KB PNG
>>2309587
Immediate villain revenge motivation with a goofy-ass character in an old JP game that was the most popular in the franchise which in turn resulted in nostalgia and/or geek cred for referencing him.
>>
File: 1624986395512.jpg (2.23 MB, 1483x1600)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB JPG
>>2309587
The wacky design and revenge story behind him mostly, Ted was the most popular of the four bias army generals, with Cagliostro being the second most popular.
But really, you start the game with your adoptive mother's squad of tough motherfuckers and they get immediately wasted by this bigass spandex wearing pyromaniac with a red mohawk, that did leave an impression in most people and did build up Ted as your personal nemesis, you don't see this in the other games outside of maybe 4 which does a similar thing with Beruiman.
>>
Project Zero news when
>>
>>2308412
Alright, I kinda get it now. With Chassis Mods I can actually make the Buggy have the same defense as, say, a Tiger, while also weighing significantly less so I can load it up with more plates and guns, swapping the Aux slot for an S-E slot, giving it a main-gun, and using my Soldier's primary weapon in place of a main gun and saving on weight that way too.
>>2308417
How do you keep your Soldier alive on-foot when enemies are dealing anti-tank levels of damage? I had her on foot for a while before I got a 3rd vehicle and she either ate a lot of healing items or died constantly. Does body armor scale up better later on in the game?
>>
>>2310733
Two ways. First way is tanks have a cover command where they can take damage in place of another party member. (single target attacks only) But that obviously takes one of your actions for the turn

There's another better answer than that to your Solider question, but it also happens to be strategy advice that's basically necessary to beat one of the toughest wanted battles.
Don't read this if you want to figure that fight out on your own:
On foot, Protectors will absorb heavy attacks and break in place of you taking any damage at all. Even the cheapest Protector in the game will do this.
So you can load up your inventory with extra Protectors and swap them mid-combat when they break
>>
>>2310500
Damn, they announced Project Zero before they even announced Wild West and the new Metal Saga. What the fuck happened to it? I don't think they've said anything about it since the initial announcement.
>>
>>2310918
Is it not Project Wolf now? and Reborn 2 became Wild West? I can't imagine they're working on 4 separate games. Did Xeno sell super well for them to suddenly be able to fund the development of all of these games? Either way, what are the odds of either of those getting localized? High because we got Xeno/Reborn and Dogs? Or low if Reborn bombs in the west? Do we wait until 2033 for them to get fan translations again?

I hope we keep getting them, Metal Max is one of the only JRPG series I really enjoy playing for whatever reason.
>>
>>2311526
no, Project Code Zero is supposed to be a "Back To The Roots" remake of the famicon MM1
Project Wolf is a new Metal Saga game
>>
>>2301557
>leaked ROM
Why the fuck are retards still saying this stupid shit? It was publicly available on their Discord. There was no "leak."
>>
I figure this would be a good place to ask some questions about MM3. I started playing a few months ago and really liked the game systems but I took a long break. I'm trying to get back into the game and I'm not quite sure where to go.

I remember the last thing I did was defeat some raider's hill base and reach the cult on the boat. What exactly is the MC's goal again? I also remember there was a runaway bride plot and the MC is an amnesiac. I know the game is supposed to be nonlinear but some leads for "natural" progression would be very appreciated. I might just end up skipping to 2 Reloaded since it just got released.
>>
>>2311826
It was never intended to be released to people not aware it was still the beta build. Multiple sites hosted it, not detailing that it was an incomplete build with issues.
>>
>>2312131
The plot for you so far is: That bitch stole your bike and you want it back.
(Also you can transform into a weresabertooth? might want to figure out what's going on with that)
Really the only reason you take out the gang's hill base is because they were after the same woman, Cola, and you want to know both why they are, and if they found her.
They don't know where she is either, and they ain't gonna tell you jack shit as to why their boss wants her.
She was last sighted "heading North"
>>
>>2312142
It was available to literally everyone in their open Discord. If you wanted it, you could join and grab it without a hassle. Saying that it leaked is beyond retarded.
>>
>>2312260
Semantics. It was intended to only be available to a specific community and it was disseminated beyond that intended community.
>>
>>2312337
No, it's just the team acting like retards. It was an open beta. They called it as much. You could acquire it without ever being part of or interacting with their "community."
If any random person could get it in literally less than a minute, they have nothing to complain about.
>>
I've played the SFC game, was that 1?
>>
Is there any missable stuff in game? I probably wont replay it and I dont want to miss shit
>>
>>2312509
>I probably wont replay it and I dont want to miss shit
There's several missable stuff and no (translated) guide. Have fun.
>>
>>2312520
fug :DDDDD
>>
>>2312509
Hope you enjoy savescumming nearly every single boss in the game multiple times to get past two layers of RNG for some equipment.
>>
>>2312562
Did they change the boss drop system compared to 3?
Because there it was actually impossible to get every item in a single play through since bosses couldn't drop both their equipment drops at once.
>>
>>2312969
No they only added multiple drops for a battle in 4
>>
>>2312205
Thanks! I also just remembered that I got captured and escaped from Shelter, presumably for letting Cola getting captured. I think I can piece together most of the game going forward now. I just found the gang controlled mountain pass just past the giant truck bounty so I think I'm back on track.
>>
>>2312562
Every time I think I wanna replay MM2R I remember two things
>The Golden Hotel
>The Love Machine quest
And then I think about something else.
Still love the game but it's one of those things I really have to be in the mood for nowadays
>>
>>2312969
Bosses can drop multiple items but when compounded with star ratings it's better to aim for the one thing you actually want.
It's still impossible to get everything in one go due to the randomized shop inventory.
>>
>>2313335
>>The Golden Hotel
i didn't mind the first time you do it but during the murder mystery bit, i got trapped behind an npc after like 20 minutes of playing and had to restart the whole fucking thing. i was so pissed.
>>
>>2306803
How difficult is it to hack 3DS games compared to DS games?
>>
>>2315303
Sometimes, the difficulty isn't the system per se but the way the game is compressed and organized. Of course, hacking a Saturn game is a lot tougher than a PS1 or a SNES one since there's little documentation on how the system works and whatnot.
>>
>>2312520
>several missable stuff
Is it just items, or bigger stuff like quests?
>>
>>2317295
Some quests have more than one ending depending on how long you take to do them after taking the quest, some of them change depending on if you do certain other quests first as well.
>>
>>2312520
>>2312520
Google translate and some basic deduction make this guide really handy:
https://metalmaniax.com/index.php?MM2R
>>
Helmet Island sure is stacked
Short and easy dungeon with like 3 dungeons worth of loot in it.
>>
>>2318668
pretty cool dungeon, very spooky imo.
>>
>casually walking rhrofuj a disrance of anousn 2 fette od s bog
>WOAH BUDDU HOW YOUEA READY TO GET FUCKSA BY A FLOWER
fuck you too metal max
>>
>>2320509
That's DOCTOR flower to you buddy
>>
>>2305460
Id hit that motorcycle
>>
File: metal max 2.jpg (160 KB, 623x758)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
>>
File: 1637921838791.jpg (182 KB, 512x448)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
>>2320509
It's time for your daily dose, hunter
>>
>>2320509
What are you implying? Dr. Raflesia is easy. I beat him first try in 2 turns thanks to grenades.
>>
>>2320512
>>2320648
sorry for drunkposting, but i'm definitely going to get that motherfucker next time

>>2320676
i had no grenades on me at the time and got sleep spammed to death.
>>
>>2320676
Doc is that one tutorial the game throws at you about on foot combat, most players get giddy and overconfident the moment they get the Mosquito, meanwhile Rafflesia actually forces you to fight on foot and learn the basics.
It's kinda like the twin cannons teaching you how important it is to break parts on mechanical enemies, they're not hard enemies but they are in the early game and are there to specifically stop you from playing like a total retard and put a bit of effort.
>>
>>2320888
i think he would have definitely been doable if i was expecting him and not going full retard. i do think getting the tank made me feel safer than i was. currently getting my second party member, but i'll probably circle back with some better equipment and a few grenades.
>>
>MMR
>enemy using gasses on you? no problem, just cover your mouth and nose
>MM2R
>enemy using gasses? no problem, just redo all of the equipment of your entire party in order to raise your resistance to gasses as high as possible so that you will have a .1% chance of resisting these gas-based status ailments
fuck you too you shitty fucking game
>>
File: 1631291698958.jpg (126 KB, 1027x728)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>>2321126
bro just turn on the ac lmao how is gas even real
I prefer the latter, early MM had too many overpowered workarounds that trivialized too many enemies, and honestly things like cement shells in the DS games should also have never been a thing, worse than piercing/hollow charges in old MM
>>
>>2321263
>bro just turn on the ac lmao how is gas even real
Unfortunately there are gas-spamming enemies in areas where you can't bring your tanks, as well as a gas-spamming boss that must be fought on foot. It just bothers me that the game offers a counter strategy that doesn't actually work at all and it's much better just to buff your wrestler up and dps race the enemy, but that seems like a lot of later game stuff.
>>
File: 1640133486811.webm (929 KB, 576x720)
929 KB
929 KB WEBM
>spend like 20 minuts trying to find Dr. Chucklefuck in the goddamn swamp
>finally get in a fight with him
>get sleep spammed to death before I can even get off a turn
>spend another 20 minutes trying to find him
>hit him with two grenades
>he lives
>lmao runs away
>spend another 10 minutes to find him again
>"LMAO BRO I GOTTA GO"
>currently on 15 minutes trying to find him again
I'M GOING TO FUCKING LOSE IT

does damage carry on wanted monsters if they run away? or is it a fresh fight every time?
>>
>>2321388
nevermind. reloaded and got him with two lucky crits. i must have had him down to single digit hp before he was running away going off what i needed to kill him.
>>
>>2321388
>>2321400
Returns has a really weird system for wanted battle HP where their current HP will be set to a random value (within a certain range for that enemy) at regular intervals.
This can make fights drag on and on, or they can be over in an instant, depending on what kind of rolls you get.

Some people claim this only applies to Brass Banshee, but I'm pretty sure it's true for most of them.
>>
>>2321550
That makes sense. I swear there were some battles where I did 200ish HP to him, but the one where I won I only did around 90ish. I thought it was weird but just figured maybe I didn't do math correct.
>>
>>2321550
It happens with several bosses but Brass Banshee is the most obvious one because you can't grind him out on foot without way overgearing the area because of it.
>>
>>2312509
>>2317295
You can do NG+, you won't miss anything.

Actually there are more outlaws in NG+, so I'd say to do a "complete" run only when you've already cleared the game once.
>>
>>2324020
Did you even read his post? He's not going to replay it therefore he is definitely going to miss something or even several things.
>>
File: 1640290373743.png (224 KB, 337x387)
224 KB
224 KB PNG
>tfw beef'd up van
goddamn you mad muscle your fight is nasty but this van ridiculous
>>
>>2305460
If amazon comments are anything to go by, they japanese also went "wtf?" with some designs.
And then they say it's one of the best games too, much better than it looks.
>>
>>2305905
Does this have an artbook of sorts?
>>
>>2321550
>>2321933
I wonder how big the variance for Banshee is. I just fought him and he went down in two turns due to piercing shells, but it sounds like he can be a bit rougher than that.
>>
>>2325110
4 is nearly universally considered the worst of the bunch in Japan, after Xeno of course.
>>
>>2325815
Any specific reasons you are aware of?
>>
>>2326235
Rail roaded story and party slots being necessarily taken by story characters, iirc. It feels like a regular RPG instead of a Metal Max game, if you get what I mean. You can still create generics, but it feels like a huge downgrade, specially after 2 Reloaded.
>>
There's no Red Wolf tank in Metal Saga?
What the hell is this??
>>
>>2326658
Metal Saga
>>
File: Spoiler Image (451 KB, 640x448)
451 KB
451 KB PNG
>>2326658
there is, but you just can't ride it
>>
>>2301603
>None of the games in the series are connected
Metal Saga: Season of Steel is supposedly a direct sequel to 1/Returns. Alas, it's not translated

Your fortune: Happy Kwanzaa!
>>
File: 1640415870630.jpg (41 KB, 497x500)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>2326768
At least you get the cute mechanic.
>>
>>2326768
>you just can't ride it
doesnt mean i cant try
>>
>>2325110
Weird. I'd expect more of them to catch the obvious Gokudo Heiki reference.
>>
File: merkava.png (480 KB, 988x555)
480 KB
480 KB PNG
>>2326658
Ackchually there's the Merkava, which is the same chassis Red Wolf is based on.
Doesn't have a red paint, though.
>>
>>2327871
>1 main/ 3 sub/ 1 SE slots
It fucking SUCKS

Your fortune: Your heart is two sizes too small.
>>
Should I be training up multiple party members in Metal Max Reloaded 2? Or do you just smash through the game with a single team?

I'm a few hours in and it seems like most everything just falls over and dies near instantly. Not much challenge so far.
>>
>>2328711
The bosses get pretty challenging but not for a while.
>>
>>2328711
No need, you use subclasses to learn the skills of other classes.
>>
Does MM3 have subclasses too, or is it MM2R only?
>>
>Killed all the wanted
>Got my team stacked up with some turbo weapons
>Have all of the tanks
i'm ready to clap noah's cyberspace cheeks
>>
File: 20211226_172049.jpg (850 KB, 2551x1965)
850 KB
850 KB JPG
>>2329262
did the game seriously just freeze after beating the final boss
>>
>>2329262
>>2329316
nevermind, i guess it was just a glitched out textbox that wouldnt go away at first. i guess that's that. breddy fun game. any cool post-game stuff in this one?
>>
>>2329316
>>2329321
The game glitched for me as well, exactly like you described, but it glitched again soon after and then crashed. I couldn't even leave the dungeon.
What emulator are you using?
>>
>>2329379
I'm not using an emulator. I'm playing on my SNES with a flashcart. Maybe it's a glitch that doesn't play nice with real hardware/accurate emulators. A lot of older patches were made with ZSNES and old SNES9X versions. It didn't freeze again on me after that, but I was stuck at that screen for a minute or so.
>>
>>2329461
then again, a gamefaqs guide from like 2010 also mentions the same exact glitch, so maybe it's just bad coding from gideon zhi
>>
>>2328939
2R only.
>>
File: Metal Saga MIsha OP.jpg (48 KB, 637x469)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>2326909
I love Misha!
even thought when i saw the opening i thought she was a boy
>>
File: Problem.png (38 KB, 798x597)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
So, is this supposed to happen? I'm trying to take Ginba to Mendonza to latter betray him, but the game won't let me.
>>
>>2331681
Don't know. I told both sides of the conflict in that city to fuck off.
>>
>>2331681
You have to complete other quests in El Niño to be able to advance that, and they are fully unlocked around the time you get your boat. It's strange indeed.
>>
File: 1610316552317.png (111 KB, 506x379)
111 KB
111 KB PNG
>Finally found my 2nd tank
I like how open MM2R is, but I couldn't find any decent replacement for my buggy for the longest time.
>>
>>2331681
i remember that part being a pain in the fucking ass to get it to work when i played the game earlier this year, i can't remember how i got it working in the end either. maybe you have to talk to the other old fuck first.
>>
>>2333710
Ginba meeting Mendoza is the final step of the entire El Niño quest chain, but it shows up super early and you can't do anything until the right time.
>>
>>2333702
That's the Elefant, right?
Have you found Fulsand and Red Wolf?
>>
wait a min...
>>
File: 1620694290212.jpg (60 KB, 500x500)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>2333733
I did, but the Fulsand is a armored car that I thought was too heavy.

Also, does anyone know how you get the MM3 MC to show up? He apparently appears from teleporters, but I have no idea if it's from accidents like the two areas I've found.
>>
>>2333883
It's just a random event when you get near the teleporter. I first got it at the Bazaar teleporter.
>>
>>2329316
>>2329379
Wouldn't be surprised if it was another case of a shitty patch causing game breaking bugs and crashes.
>>
>>2333702
How?
You can easily find things in the early game like getting the Red Wolf from the Vlad Corp Museum, it's not really that different from 1 or 3, it's just that you actually have to explore and search for things.
Besides I kind of prefer using the other vehicles in 3 and 2R, especially the bikes, getting back Drumcan's bike in 3 was probably what made me convert from tanks to bikes.
>>
>>2333883
>I thought was too heavy.
What?
You mean the chassis is too heavy? That's silly minmax shit, who even cares about that?
>>
>>2334138
how do you even get the red wolf? i couldn't figure out what to do in there, so i just assumed it was something i'd get access to way later, since it's supposed to be a legendary tank.
>>
>>2334360
You need to find the password so you can operate the lift in the garage. It's all the museum, you just have to comb the place properly.
It's a strong tank when upgraded, but it comes very basic. You have to upgrade twice to unlock the double engine compatibility (one specific NPC out there mods the tank, you have to pay him too)
>>
>>2333827
>Metal Max fan art by Butcha-U
what?
Anyway, Pochi and Female Solider are obvious, but who is the girl standing over Pochi suppose to be? She doesn't really match up with any of the other class templates
>>
>>2334138
I meant an actual tank, the cars and bikes so far haven't interested me that much. I did use the Wild Bus for Vulcan Rush for a while though.

>>2334318
I care a little bit I guess? I just thought the Fulsand wouldn't have that much HP in comparison to tanks with double engines and skipped over it.
>>
Why the fuck is it taking so long for Xeno Reborn to release?
>>
File: Nice.png (166 KB, 1536x577)
166 KB
166 KB PNG
nice
the magazine seems to be inexplicably missing 3 capacity though
>>
oh noooo one of my favorite games lost to eops!!
oh well, dont care about it anymore anyways lol

also, mm3 is not as good as mm2r, the encounter rates of mm3 gets friggin nuts at some points and just generally isnt as polished, iirc you cant even diagonal walk in mm3 which is kinda lame, though, it is still friggin great

huzzah
>>
>>2336159
>star bonus raise everything except clip size
Literally unplayable
>>
>>2336239
Really, it was jarring trying to go back to 3 after 2R and realizing just how unpolished and janky 3 is by comparison. Can't even strip vehicles completely in 3.
>>
>>2335408
Mechanic maybe?
>>
>>2336239
What a fucking pathetic post. Holy shit
>>
>>2338214
I thought it was a funny post.
>>
The only thing I know about Xeno is when someone posted some webms of this one dude simping hard for the one chick who I guess is like the only virgin left. I don't know the context really.
>>
>>2338287
The Reborn we are getting soon™ strips the dumbshit story from the game, at least that's what I heard.
>>
>>2301742
Iirc...
1. Japan near Tokyo
2. Russia, near Vladivostok
3. America, near (and I kid you not) Vegas
4. Okinawa area.
>>
>>2305460
Bad story writing.
>>
It's hell keeping track of all the vending machines in the game, i remember there's one early on that sells paralysis healing items, but can't find it anywhere.
>>
>>2340124
Why do you have to buy it from a vending machine? just buy it from a tools shop.
oh wait, they removed the feature from Returns that let you check shop lists remotely on the BS Con so that doesn't actually solve your problem
>>
>>2340143
I'm trying to beat the plant wanted worth 20.000 as a warmup before grappler tower but i lose everytime 'cause if the whole party get's paralyzed it's an instant loss, so i'm traveling back to every single town looking for a place i can buy the specific healing item, but found none so far.
>>
>>2340712
You need equipment with shock resistance to resist paralysis, and since that's so early game, you won't have it. That Wanted is a lot harder than its bounty suggests.
Do mind that the resistance formulas are all whack, you get hit with them even with super high resistances, but the only thing you really need you avoid is all your team getting hit at once.
>>
>>2340772
Oh sorry, if his attack is paralysis gas, you need gas resistance. Watch the animation to know what protection you need. Gas is pretty nasty against almost all bio things, that includes your team.
>>
>>2340785
Nah, it shoots a beam that causes paralysis, but i got it, should i just attempt Skunks then?
>>
>>2340801
If you can beat Radiata, you can beat Skunks.
He's the easiest of the Grappler bosses.
>>
should i play metal max nes or metal max returns?
>>
>>2341163
Returns is probably the reason most western fans are fans.
>>
Does this still crash flashcards?
>>
>>2341225
This is what's written in the readme about what's supported
>Original Hardware:
>* TwiLight++
>* R4i 3DS Plus Gold
>>
>>2341080
That so? guess i'll do it then, A couple minutes ago i just bought a shitload of grenades and smoked Radiata. Are the items it drops reusable?
>>
>>2341462
I'm not at home to check, but most unlimited use items say so in the description. What did it drop?
>>
>>2341497
Some body equipment that i put on MC, Radiata grenade and Radiata root, i'm just curious about the last two.
>>
>>2341540
Unfortunately, both get used up. Apparently the root has a random chance of getting used up though.
>>
File: 1641173633620.jpg (26 KB, 480x640)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
Is there anything at all that isn't neutered by this amazing, almighty all-purpose item?
>>
Planning on starting Metal Max 2 Returns this week. Any tips before I start?
>>
>>2343786
*2 Reloaded
>>
>>2343786
Smoke fireworks/bombs are a lifesaver in fights if you didn't already know that. Also it doesn't hurt to search deserts using a metal detector, I've found some decent engines that I didn't need to replace for a while early on.
>>
File: 1641196272708.jpg (169 KB, 550x750)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
>>2343786
You unlock sub classes in a place called Thirsty. You seriously want this.
>>
How does the bio tank work in MM3? I see that there are different requirements for each model, but are the cheaper builds just noob traps or do they accommodate different playstyles?
>>
>>2343984
Thank you anon, I'll be sure to keep some on hand. Are detectors sold in shops?
>>2344085
I know I do, anon. I'll keep an eye out, thank you as well.
>>
>>2345536
From this link
https://metalmaniax.com/index.php?MM3%2FDATA%2F%C0%EF%BC%D6%2F%A5%D0%A5%A4%A5%AA%A5%BF%A5%F3%A5%AF
the model doesn't seem to change anything expect the visual of the tanks .
The personality however change the fixed weapons based on wordplay,for example the noisy make the give you noise related weapon and the cool one cold related weapon.
The requirement goes from 50 cells to 150 based on the weight of the tank
>>
>>2345536
>>2345648
Fixed weapons in MM3 are generally real bad, because it means less slots for good multihit S-Es
>>
>>2345638
There's three detectors you get. You're given the weakest one early on in a quest, buy one from a NPC (not a shopkeeper) later, and you get the best one from another quest which you can complete when you get a boat.
>>
>>2345667
Not him, but how early on are you talking? I just got the blonde soldier chick and havent found any.
>>
>>2345677
The first one is called the mine detector, it's the quest where you need to find a ring for a trader.
>>
File: 2 bosses in a boat.png (609 KB, 1282x561)
609 KB
609 KB PNG
>U-Shark can appear during a boss battle
I got raped but at least I know to kill him first now
>>
File: 1641280838835.jpg (2.55 MB, 2914x2219)
2.55 MB
2.55 MB JPG
lmao love this game.
you never expect shit like this
>>
>>2345912
ops meant to quote >>2345874
>>
>>2305460
actual best game in franchise and not even being a JOP elitist
>>
File: 1628296358673.png (63 KB, 400x275)
63 KB
63 KB PNG
>>2345912
>Ring a doorbell in Delta Rio
>NPC is pissed thinking you're her gambling husband
>Unlock the door with Lock Hacker later on
>There's a guy hidden in a cabinet that runs off
It's the little things.
>>
>>2349677
>he thanks you for letting him out
>>
File: 75499846_p0_master1200.jpg (295 KB, 800x511)
295 KB
295 KB JPG
>>
>>2345666
Fixed weapons in MM are generally really bad.
Across the entire series there's maybe a couple of vehicles with fixed weapons that don't completely suck, and even the best ones are still largely outclassed by full custom chassis at the end of the day.
This is something I really hate about the games, as much as I'd like to use the fancier tanks with a gorillion of cool looking fixed cannons they routinely lose to a generic missile spam S-E setup or even just a couple of generic heavyweight cannon slots, I was particularly irritated by this in Xeno where you finally get to play around with the Rommel Ghost and it's vanilla chassis setup is absolute garbage from the get go compared to even generic equipment drops, let alone the stuff you can develop in the iron base, and this is doubly irrititating since in that game the meta shits heavily in favor of cannons over the old endgame missile spam.
Iirc the Bisonte line of tanks wasn't THAT garbage but you'd still use a heavily modded NG+ Rommel model over those any day of the week.
>>
Is there ever going to be a point where I'll feel like picking Artist as the MC in MM2R was a good idea?
>>
>>2350564
When you get the goggles in thirsty that let you give him good skills.
>>
>>2350564
Artists are all about their skillset, but the best stuff is level 25+. They have the main skills from Hunters, Soldiers and Mechanics (repair, bombardment and budoh).
So no, the Artist does get very good, but people usually sub their skills to a class with higher combat stats to deal higher damage.
>>
>>2350617
>>2350628
So what should I subclass to an artist when I get the headphones?
>>
>>2350749
*as in the character is an artist, what subclass do I pick to not be redundant or w/e
>>
>>2350751
Depends on your party composition, what are your other party members doing? Do you want your MC to attack or only support? You can change subclasses anytime, anywhere with no penalties.
>>
File: 1641513199748.webm (2.96 MB, 800x450)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB WEBM
>wrestler class in the game
This is now my favorite JRPG
>>
What's the most efficient thing to buy then resell at the special store in Mado to get the ticket items without requiring a thousand trips?
>>
>>2352149
high power engines, obviously. They are the highly valuable items and weight around 1 ton, you don't even need the pack mule tow tank.
>>
>>2326768
Well, she can ride me instead
>>
>>2352192
I meant efficient in terms of cost vs. resale, like something you can buy somewhere at a discount that you can then resell at a much smaller loss than normal. Like you can buy healing pills in the port town at 8 and resell at 7, but 100 pills sold at 7 isn't enough tickets to be worth the effort
>>
>>2352286
Oh sorry. In that case, I don't think there's anything like that.
Hunting Gold Turtles and burning the money on whatever is most expensive is probably the fastest way
>>
bump
>>
So, Metal Max 4 translation when??
>>
>>2357243
After Season of Steel
>>
>>2357374
Isometric though bleh
>>
>>2357374
So never.
>>
what's the most useful building you can build in Mado?
>>
>>2357517
None of them are especially useful, but the Bar and Drugstore give you a quest.
Drugstore has some harder to find status-inflicting items for sale, they sonetimes have discounts too.
The Bar buys Aged drinks for better prices, but it's not a good money maker.
>>
>>2357517
>>2357571
I didn't build the 'Adult School' yet, is it what I think it is?
>>
I've looked all over the entire town a dozen times over and Alonzo is nowhere to be found.
Also, I guess the girl revived from the tower is found again much later?
>>
>>2308859
Wasn't Reborn considered even worse, though?
>>
>>2326909
>>2331116
Imagine picking that ugly nerd over your bro Kiriya
>>
>>2358412
Yes and yes, both are only doable after you defeat Skunks.
>>
File: white woman squad.png (47 KB, 530x399)
47 KB
47 KB PNG
>>
File: Licky.png (19 KB, 150x145)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>2358774
>not having Devil Dog Licky in your party
but personally I use Hachi, the white one you find in Taisha
>>
>>2358437
He had the extra scene about Dissassembler, Misha lacked something like that. The two soldiers had a very small story, too.
>>
I was just exploring the post-bridge early game section until i killed an ant and levelled up 10 times wtf
>>
>>2360298
They're kind of like Dragon Quest's Metal Slimes. A pain in the ass to kill unless you get lucky but worth a lot if you can.
>>
>>2359819
Honestly the dogs matter so little you can have anything in that slot.
I was tired of those by the time I played 2R and used the baby tansugon as soon as I unlocked it
>>2360298
Metal Ants (not the ant swarms, those don't count) are Metal Max's metal slimes, then there's things like golden turtles which are even better but also harder to kill.
Make sure you have pesticide/gas based weapons to oneshot them as normal weaponry doesn't really cut it early on unless you get stray crits, iirc you can even just throw m-tolls at them and it will work since they're classified as insect enemies
>>
>>2360697
>>2360863
That's cool, i also got surprised when travelling on boat to delta rio. Had no idea this DS map was actually that big at first glance while also being filled with so many locations
>>
>>2361969
SNES map*
>>
The fuck kind of shell are you meant to use? Even the APFSDS shell does 0 damage to it.
>>
>>2362194
Forgot my pic.
>>
>>2362194
>>2362196
I just blasted it down with regular cannon fire
>>
>>2362196
lol I just fired multi-hit S-E at it
>>
File: fumikaA.jpg (34 KB, 247x251)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>2362198
>>2362199
Even my strongest S-E which is normal type with 1047 power and has exactly 1 ammo still does 0 damage to it.
The only thing I have that damages it at all is Pochi's Charge which always hits it for 320 damage but with only 5 uses isn't able to destroy it.
>>
>>2362208
Try a wrecking ball or drill type weapon, they can negate some special defenses.
Or a couple level ups should help, higher driver level means higher damage. Some walls and buildings have huge defense.
>>
>>2362222
more like xenogears a get

PT00N
>>
>Encounter rate on the roaming island
This is beyond acceptable, what the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>2362208
I had my wrestler/mechanic get out and charge>spanner toss it IIRC. Does dismantle lower their defense?
>>
>>2363085
Er not dismantle, loosen. It probably doesn't, I don't think spanner was getting the damage boost because I remember breaking some walls in the dead-end dungeon with charge typhoon too.
>>
>>2362559
You mean the enemies inside Groween? It's decent for experience since they're pretty easy to deal with. And if you care about playing the game again on higher difficulties, it's the only place to farm the items that increase the level cap.
>>
>>2362559
Encounter rates in 2R ain't shit compared to in 3.
And on top of the better base rates in 2R, there's also easy access to repel items.
Once you've been through Evilla in 3 then you can complain about fucked encounter rates.
>>
>>2364506
Getting the Camo Shield in 3 is like reaching enlightenment.
>>
Finished MM2R, was great, thank you so much TLguys
How do the higher difficulties work?
>>
>>2364506
I played 3R and I don't remember it being as bad, though still pretty bad.
Actually 2R was fine early on, but it seems like the later into the game you get the worse the encounter rates get. The repel items also suck because of how quickly they wear off.
>>
>>2364609
I only thought it got bad in the final dungeon, that was the only point I really got annoyed with it (also there are tons of submerged enemies and fast enemies that will beat out your party to the first attack if you aren't massively overlevelled)
There were some areas where it was shockingly low like the ghost hotel, you start thinking it's a no-encounters area.
>>
Is there a less painful way to play a fresh character in hard mode than throwing away everything I picked up after making a new character for NG+?
>>
any recommended party+subclasses?
meme teams for fun are also welcome
>>
>>2366829
There is so much room to sperg with vehicles that you can force any team to be overpowered in the tanks. But there's not much room to sperg to be stronger on foot besides grinding levels.
So since you spend a lot of time on foot I think it's better to go with at least 2/3 human form focused characters like primary class wrestlers and soldiers, with a medic subclass on someone. And that way you can also have the ability to do some vehicle boss fights on foot to flex.
>>
File: ThanksChina.png (730 KB, 1536x576)
730 KB
730 KB PNG
Why would a Japanese game use the Chinese name for the black tortoise instead of calling it Genbu?
In fact I'm pretty sure it's called Genbu in the other games.
>>
File: Random Encounter.gif (10 KB, 500x500)
10 KB
10 KB GIF
>>2345874
EVEN IN ANOTHER SERIES F O E
>>
>>2345874
I somehow had U-Shark and Total Turtle at the same time, ran away, and then got the fishplane boss and U-Shark. I thought MM2R was completely fucking insane (I didn't even know the ones that weren't U-Shark were also bosses) and went back to land stuff for a long time to grind and prepare. Then I finally came back and wiped the floor with all of them individually and I legit don't understand how it even happened, I don't think I could encounter them at the same time if I tried on purpose.
>>
>>2368803
I believe they are actually enemies that roam the map, as they can be tracked with the tracking bullet. Get into a fight too close to one on the map and you run the risk of a mid battle ambush. Even during a boss fight, FOE!
>>
>>2368889
The Rhino Wanted also ambushes you during random encounters.
>>
Just defeated Cagliostro
Max out your tank's chassis for 2 tanks to have 2 SE slots so they can both use Sea Hunter and AT Patriot while maxing out Sea Hunter's attack. If you have Red Wolf, mod it at Brass Hole to give it a second engine so it can carry more weight.
>>
>>2357759
It is more like a college or trade school
Get the Bar, Casino, and Drugstore as they have sidequests and are practical. Bar lets you sell the liquor you get for higher than other bars, Casino lets you gamble up to 999G per game when full, and Drugstore will be your go-to location instead of having to travel across the map for various healing items.

I would also suggest to buy a Killer Chainsaw, you will need it for the Alloy Bamshoot sidequest in Mado.
>>
>>2368973
sea hunter is cheating bro
>>
>>2368984
this is a joke btw I use cement bullets and smoke grenades
>>
>>2368984
I was not going to farm enemies to make the Hollow Shells that only have a 12%-15% chance of breaking a part of the Caglio Battler and will auto repair anyway.
>>
>>2368984
Why IS the Sea Hunter so strong?
I'm still using it in the postgame and the only thing I've found that's I would call a straight upgrade is the ATM Cactus, which is a rare drop from endgame monsters I don't feel like farming multiples of.
Everything else that beats it for damage weighs like 6x as much
>>
>>2369077
I have no idea why, it also igbores evasion chances, nullifies interception skills and hits underwater(this one should be obvious, yeah)
Nothing comes close to it.
You can only buy it if you are doing the delivery package quests, so it's kind of special.
>>
>>2368889
>I believe they are actually enemies that roam the map, as they can be tracked with the tracking bullet.
You can see them on the map all the time without the tracking bullet, and they generally each keep to the north-west, north-east, and southern sections of the lake, so no, it's got nothing to do with proximity. It's just some bizarre RNG.
>>
>>2369077
All I can think is something like it wasn't intended to work on land at all originally. If it was just your ace in the hole for sea bosses it would be fine
>>
>>2358774
YO WTF
>>
>>2369898
MM2R has got the least exponential XP per level curve I've seen in years. I replaced Pochi with Hachi because I wanted a new-look dog when everyone was like level 30 and he's only caught up to level 32 by the time everyone else is around level 44. You must have rushed for Miska hard to get her that close to MC's level.
>>
>>2369950
Miska is set to start x levels below you, I think it's calculated when you first step on Grappler Tower and doesn't change anymore. As long as you recruit her shortly after beating Skunks, she will be close to your team.
>>
>>2369950
I'm more interested in the stat variance. I was wondering if level ups were random and I guess those screenshots answer my question.
>>
>>2369993
Sometimes you get such insane level ups I think they must be some kind of "catch up to a minimum" thing, like when you get 6 driver level ups at once on a wrestler. Or some other form of bias to keep characters on track for the class. Seems like characters should be way more random than they actually are otherwise.
>>
>>2369993
They are random, but there seems to be formulas in place to not fuck you over and boost stats falling behind like >>2370069 said
>>
File: 1612256245687.jpg (35 KB, 600x600)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>2370069
>Or some other form of bias to keep characters on track for the class
Yeah, almost like an entire army of bias
>>
Anyone know what triggers a shop starting up at Bennet's Sea House in MM2R?
>>
>>2371381
It's random, but you got to leave to the world map and re-enter to roll again.
You have to complete Saki's quest beforehand, but that should ve obvious.
>>
Absolute best weapons on foot? Best weapons for vehicles?
>>
>>2371525
On foot, Rocket Punch and Sexy Sword have very high attack with double-hit.
Magnum Gades is still the king on foot, it hits crazy 4 times a turn, but it can only be gotten by importing from MM3, and it's a rare boss drop in that game to boot. Not really worth too much effort because the other weapons already hit so hard, just telling it this thing exists.
>>
Does anyone have a soldier-on-a-bike setup they really like? I can't really figure out much to do with one. Soldier doesn't seem very critical all-around. Wrestler does almost all the damage during foot boss fights (and vehicle fights if it's safe to dismount), Soldier only looks good on foot against fodder but it's not really that much better than a hunter.
>>
>>2371749
Groween's eye is a 210 strength 3 hit laser, Hunter/Soldier/Artist. It doesn't say 3 hits on the weapon but it is.
>>
>>2371990
Soldiers have a slightly better weapon selection than Hunters in the endgame, Wrestlers still dab on both of them when it come to on foot stuff though so it's all relative anyway.
If we're talking bikes, it depends on how you wanna play I guess, I mean, you are supposed to use that vehicle of yours so I don't really know how much soldiers are gonna be worth it since they don't really have anything vehicle related that can compete with hunters, in the end it all comes down to who can rush S-E or cannons harder, or both, and soldiers are in a bad spot when it comes to that.
>>
File: LastHitOnFootBTW.png (802 KB, 1536x576)
802 KB
802 KB PNG
I wonder if I'll get EX-Deadalus to drop two items at once before I get tired of refighting it and just stick with the triple shot CPU save I already made.

>>2371990
Not in 2R. I just unboard a normal tank in fights that allow it.
Due to subclassing, access to Champion Aura/Drum Stretch means you may as well actually be on foot to use on foot weapons.
Pic related, she even got last hit with an Ice Dragon double attack

>>2372468
Laser? as in Beam dmg type? I always found beam to kind of suck because of ricochet.
>>
>>2372495
Yeah it's beam, gotta be anal about checking for reflect. It uses the laser-style AoE beam. It also tries to fire for human patriot but it never works.
Wrestler/artist kills bosses so insanely fast with champ aura + butoh trying to get other foot DPS outside of fodder killing seems pointless.
>>
>>2369077
>Solid Base Attack Power
>SE that can hit in a circle, so good for mobbing
>Can break parts
The damned thing is a rocket launcher for tanks, don't question it.
>>
>>2371990
Soldier has double attack and can naturally intercept enemy projectiles on foot. They are the ranged version of Wrestlers.
>>
>>2372810
their strength is massively inferior to wrestlers in return for being fast enough to outspeed fodder.
but in a long fight, meaning the fights that matter, having the last turn of each round becomes more and more meaningless the longer it goes on.
It would be nice if War Cry seemed to be more than an infinitesimal buff, then party buffing would be a cool feature of soldiers.
>>
>>2372810
They have triple attack via All-out Attack if you equip the same weapon three times, but you aren't getting three Gades Magnum (or one even) without using the connectivity features.
If you did though, hot damn
>>
>>2373443
triple rocket punch isn't too unfeasible, I remember that something common drops them
I wonder if soldier/wrestler with a triple all out rocket punch can compete with wrestler/artist batoh
or if wrestler/soldier can beat batoh with 3 realistic wrestler weapons.
>>
What in the name of God was that nadir hotel murder mystery quest supposed to be
>>
>>2368973
How do you mod it like that? All I can get it to do is have a doucle c-unit.
>>
>>2373602
You have to talk to the chassis modder and pick the top option with the branching chart and make Red Wolf at least 3rd rank before it will let you double engine it at Islaport. You have to promote the Gepard to the final rank to give it a double engine. There are probably more like that but those are the ones I know.
>>
>>2373512
I would go with Sexy Sword over Rocket Punch
It can't be intercepted

>>2373568
I feel like there's probably suppose to be multiple endings.
Like, can you go check on Lee's body after the nurse stands in front of the soldier's door to see that he's gone?
Or what if your MC is a nurse themselves? can you do an independent examination of his body and discover he's "merely pretending"?
>>
>>2373822
Looked up metalmaniax and you can only change what happens to the nurse. She will either commit suicide or keep living
>>
>>2374468
well that's lame.
I talked her down in my playthrough already
>>
They only say that it removes bird crap but the mop actually works on lead shrooms too
I'm retarded so it took me a few hours to figure that out
>>
FUCK DOMINGUEZ.

That is all.
>>
>>2301557
Thank you OP for making this thread. never heard of this game or franchise but it looks really kino. Are there any other good series that only japan saw with english fantranslations?
>>
>>2375088
go to the Aeon Genesis website and take your pick
>>
>>2374906
Fell for his trap, didn't you?
lmao
>>
I'm in Bias City right now and I have some questions, sorry in advance for looking like an idiot:
1. Once I'm done fixing arcade machines, what do I do with electronic parts? I thought I remembered an NPC saying they'd buy them at a higher price than normal like bars do with alcohol but I can't find them now.
2. I've managed to miss tank 11, where's it at?
3. Is there a way to stop Nadir Ghost from running away after three turns or do I just need to git gud? Half of my attacks are missing and at 60 I have a feeling I'm otherwise overleveled for him at this point.
4. I found all the quest-marked space parts and more than a dozen random ones but the cannon's performance still blows - if I keep grinding out parts will it get radically better (like becoming multihit or hitting all) or is it going to keep lagging behind other things I find and just sit there eating an inventory slot for eternity?
>>
>>2376358
>Once I'm done fixing arcade machines, what do I do with electronic parts? I thought I remembered an NPC saying they'd buy them at a higher price than normal like bars do with alcohol but I can't find them now.
Nuka's Bar in El Nino has a lady who will buy them
>>
>>2376369
Fucking duh, I walked past her a million times without even thinking to talk to her. Thanks, man.
And lol I really AM an idiot, if I'd just gone to metalmaniax first I'd have gotten my answer for 2 and 3.
>>
>>2376358
When Nadir Ghost flips a bucket of water, he nulls your heat sensor. A couple of NPCs warn you of that.
The trick to stop him is to throw rotten soup in battle, it's found inside the hotel.
>>
>>2376358
The Space Cannon is probably meant for repeated playthroughs, which means it's kinda useless otherwise.
>>
>>2376514
It can become a 4-hit, 999 attack, low weight cannon, but I can't even imagine the ungodly amounts of grind you need to reach that. You would probably pass away from pure boredom.
>>
>>2376471
Yeah, I knew why he was getting away, I just didn't put 2 and 2 together with the soup; if I'd fought him right after picking it up I might have figured out to use it then, but I'd left to go heal and got distracted by a quest and by the time I came back to fight him I forgot the soup existed.
>>2376514
Fair enough.
>>2376534
See, that's kinda what I was afraid of. I feel like it's almost a waste just to pick it up in the first place.
>>
>>2376536
Forgot to answer you before, slot 11 is the rental tank slot.
Become their VIP client (just earn them enough money I think it's as low as 1500G or something, really easy midgame onwards) and they will sell you one of their rental tanks. You can choose any of them.
It's not permanent, you can sell it back to buy any other tank. They are not cheap, obviously.
>>
Man I wish they didn't make it so you can't Decoy while on the water, it makes getting jellyfish hearts more of a pain in the ass than it needs to be.
>>2376562
Yeah, as I mentioned, I went to metalmaniax and found out about that and Nadir Ghost after posting, but thanks anyway. Finally off to kill Vlad, and go marry the diver.
>>
>>2376577
>it makes getting jellyfish hearts more of a pain in the ass than it needs to be.

I got so much fucking money and EXP during the grind to complete that quest.
Had over 1 million dollars afterwards and was leveled into the 60's
>>
>>2376577
>>2376640
That quest was far more cancerous than it has any place being.
Swimming around Bullfrog's island is supposedly one of the best spots, and it still took way too long for me.
>>
File: 1627840203016.png (538 KB, 860x1137)
538 KB
538 KB PNG
>Defeat Madam Muscle
>Nothing there at all, the whole thing was just a dead end
Where the fuck is the path to the south-eastern section of the map then?
>>
>>2376864
check the water
>>
>>2376864
go do the quest in del rio or whatever it's called (second port city) where the guy at the entrance is looking for eva
then find the boat tunnel down a river SW of islaport
>>
>>2376871
That place is a dead end too though, or what, does defeating Cagliostro open up a path? I literally couldn't even damage him last time I tried.
>>
>>2376640
I skipped it, but if you wait and do that quest as almost the last thing you do before the final boss you can make a 3233 LOVE machine that sparkles enemies and makes them drop their common things in nearly 100% of fights
>>
>>2376873
yeah you gotta beat cagliostro
make sure you've investigated the area to find a way to fight him in vehicles
>>
>>2376876
>make sure you've investigated the area to find a way to fight him in vehicles
Did that already.
>>
>>2376878
dunno what to say, Cagliostro can be beaten at lower levels than 60. Sperg your tanks up, use smoke fireworks/bombs, use cement bullets. What's your team?
>>
>>2376880
>lower levels than 60.
My team is only in the high 30s
>>
>>2376881
somehow my brain mixed up the guy saying he got to level 60 doing the jellyfish hearts quest and you saying you couldn't beat cagliostro and I thought you couldn't beat him at elvel 60

in any case what is your team, you can hopefully do it in high 30s too if your comp isn't a real disaster
>>
File: metal miska.png (218 KB, 1092x1890)
218 KB
218 KB PNG
>>2376883
I've done almost every available quest and hunt and while I've found plenty of tank equipment over time, in the last ten hours or so I've literally only found one or two better character weapons than what I already had.
Also Rena is Hunter/Artist, Miska is Soldier/Wrestler, and Flors is Nurse/Mechanic.
>>
>>2376881
I beat Cagliostro at level 40.
He kicked my ass really hard, though.
>>
>>2376894
take all the garbage weapons off the tanks so you can load more armor tiles, target 3k+
equip them all with AT Patriots from Taisha to nullify most of his damage in tank form
maybe get better engines, I forget what's available before the next phase of the game. I think having a pair of Hulks is probably better than what you're running? But in any case if you've done everything that can be done before Cag there should be a lot more you can do.
>>
>>2376894
You should be able to do it at those levels.
Cagliostro is a bit of an endurance match. Your first two tanks probably don't have enough armor plates to last.
You've got several "cool, but impractical" tank weapons equipped, look for stuff that's lighter and more efficient.
And buy some CPUs that give a rush ability
>>
>>2376911
There's nothing better for the 2nd engine slot than Assist Turbo
That thing is nutty.

There's a place to get a 2nd one, but I forget where it is
>>
>>2376919
I think there's one in the same loot pile dungeon as the elephant and one you can salvage
>>
>>2376925
A third one can be obtained by salvaging. Supposedly. I never got anything worthwhile.
>>
I see that there are new quests and bounties in NG+ but are they actually interesting? Or are they just the old "previous bosses with jacked stats" type of padding, because if so I might just bounce to MM3 instead.
>>2376640
lol almost the same here
>>2376874
Cool beans, if I do NG+ I'll keep that in mind
>>
File: ShoutOutsToWitchQuest.png (285 KB, 1536x577)
285 KB
285 KB PNG
>>2376640
>>2376999
Not quite 60,here, but I did get this title at some point during the endeavor
>>
>>2377005
Yep, same. When I noticed it during a weapon change I knew I'd been doing it for officially Too Long.
>>
MM2R randomly giving you 3 different unique store lists that persist over the entire game was a pretty cool idea to make runs feel different, and it's cool that they all have their perks
>>
The Nadir Ghost has way too much fucking HP, holy shit. I get that they didn't want people killing it before it ran but it took fucking forever to kill.
>>
>>2377019
wrestler/artist, don't leave home without it
>>
File: 1404253237068.png (790 KB, 792x792)
790 KB
790 KB PNG
>Beat Cag
>DID YOU THINK THAT WAS ENOUGH TO BEAT ME?
>Everyone dies
>Back to Mado
>>
>>2377040
I didn't want to spoil it for you
>>
>>2329316
>>2329461
>>2329503
Snes9x peasant here, just about had a heart attack when this happened.
It's definitely a fuckup on the translator's part (one of many in that game, someone needs to redo it.) My guess is that it's printing a bunch of spaces at the same slow rate the previous text boxes were moving at.
>>2377040
That right there taught me a lesson that came in handy again later about healing/patching up immediately after boss fights
>>
>>2377047
I played Aeon Genesis Metal Max Returns so long ago I was probably using zsnes and I assume it didn't break
>>
>>2377047
>That right there taught me a lesson that came in handy again later about healing/patching up immediately after boss fights
Am I missing some way to revive characters and restore skill uses outside of going back to Mado and resting?
>>
>>2377088
Skills, no, you need to sleep. As for revival, it's the last Nurse skill, and via exploration you can find a source of revival items (but you can only carry one at a time.)
>>
>>2377040
>Didn't fall for it the first time
Can't fool me, I already saw that shit in MM3. Bullfrog caught me through, but only because I thought that I could get back on the teleporter for some reason.

>>2377088
You can rest up using a camping kit you put on tanks. As for reviving people, Nurse skills have that somewhere (don't remember what level that skill is) and if you have the Lock Hacker you can get a single revival capsule from one of the places you can accidentally teleport to.
>>
>>2377040
Pffhahaha
Don't worry, I fell for that too.
>>
What are you meant to give the dog in front of the shrine?
And what's the giant egg for?
>>
>>2377158
The dog wants Slimy Cells from the amoeba enemies
>>
>>2377158
>And what's the giant egg for?
you'll find out
much much later
>>
>>2377040
Cagliostro?
More like CHADgliostro, Ted got nothing on him
>>
>>2377189
Ted's super memorable too though, mostly just because you're not ready for such a huge and well-animated sprite at that moment
Ted and Cagliostro will both definitely stick with me.
>>
>>2377319
MM2 has a strong villain cast, the main villain is also super cool, arguably still the best in the series, especially if you played the first game.
2R also adds a cool extra phase to his battle coming from the SNES original.
>>
MM3 is so much less fun than MM2R
I think the design is pretty inferior but the inexplicable 4x higher encounter rate sure isn't helping
>>
File: Metal Saga.webm (2.62 MB, 642x480)
2.62 MB
2.62 MB WEBM
>>2303533
Saga is giving me some heavy Custom Robo vibes with its humor.
>>
File: 1620298835826.jpg (393 KB, 1264x1767)
393 KB
393 KB JPG
>>2377719
2R came after 3 and polished a lot of what 3 introduced, it's easy to say 2R is better when it was largely just putting 2's content into 3's framework with the benefit of having already tested 3 beforehand.
Besides, 3's still pretty good despite some critical flaws, the setting's cool, the quests are varied and fun, the wanted fights are fun, the settlements are cool etc., 2R has the benefit of improving everything but that doesn't mean 3 didn't do many things right, especially coming from the disaster that was Hagane no Kizetsu.
Wish they kept Hiiroka as a designer too, he's the only visual/character designer that was up to the standards Yamamoto created, not sure why they didn't hire him for 2R, all the new designs or the redesigns are vastly inferior to 3, let alone the cover art.
>>
File: 1636051484527.jpg (1.27 MB, 2029x1636)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB JPG
>>2377719
I think it's almost as good as 2R, though you are right, the encounter rate is bonkers. And the Bio Tank quest is stupid, that's way too much slime to gather.
>>
>>2378420
there must be one JRPG that wouldn't be improved if you halved the encounter rate but I've never played it

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.