[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 14 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 51XFV04N9VL._SY445_.jpg (36 KB, 312x445)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
What's your favorite RPG to 100% For me it's Shadow Hearts Covenant. I 100% it every couple of years, and did the whole series in a row during lockdown. Lots of fun side content, unique endgame weapons, armor and accessories for each party member that uses a different type of content to unlock, and optional dungeons with dialogue.
>honourable mentions
Kingdom Hearts 2
Dark Cloud 2 & FF10 (fun 95% completions, last 5% is dogshit)
Oblivion
>>
>>2276329
I rarely 100% RPGs but since you mention Shadow Hearts, do you really need to play Kodelka before starting the series? It doesn't seem very good, but I could be wrong, and I'm more interested in what I've seen of the mechanics/story of SH.
>>
>>2276429
It only really ties into SH1 a bit, but nothing that can't be figured out from context clues or reading the plot on Wikipedia. It's fine to skip it. I actually played them 2 3 1then K my first time through the series
>>
>>2276329
>Dark Cloud 2
Got I hate that game so much. It has the worst writing and visual style of anything in existence. Its only redeeming quality is the buckets of side content, but it horrifies me to think of anyone actually doing spheda and fishing to 100% completion. There are seriously way better uses of your time in this life
>>
>>2276571
hence
>last 5% is dogshit
in my post, anon
>>
>>2276329
Why did they make the sexy redhead the fanservice character only to reveal she's MC's mom? Made me so uncomfortable.
>>
>>2277447
that's the best part
>>
>>2276429
Kodelka is great but you can play any game in the series first. Its obviously a very different type of game but if you haven't played it then at least try it first.
>>
no one answered my question
>>
>>2276329
>>2279221
I don't usually think of RPG's as types of games you can 100%. In most cases isn't it just a matter of beating the game and a few optional dungeons/quests? Anyway:
>Pokemon Yellow
>Pokemon Silver (except Celebi)
>Golden Sun
>Golden Sun: The Lost Age
>Koudelka (it's just beating the game and defeating the gargoyle?)
>Dark Souls 1 and 2
>>
>>2278083
>best part
https://youtu.be/HvSWEr5__Ik
>>
>>2276429
>do you really need to play Kodelka before starting the series?

Not really, no. You should play SH though. Yuri`s character is far more relatable that way. Unlike most brooding MC he is totally justified on his pain.

>>2276329

I almost never 100% any RPG. I get tired well before running out of content and most times the rewards for that kind of dedication are not even worth it. Heck, sometimes the mere thought of certain tasks is enough to kill my drive for playing a game altogether. Like, the lighting mini game and the chocobo race on FF X. Every single time i think of playing that game again and think i`ll have to do that i just choose a different game to play instead. Most times i also skip the post game dungeons. Like, what`s the point of obtaining a super cool character or weapon on the 75 floor of the Seraphic gate when you`ll be able to use that for like 2 fights? No thank you. And don`t even get me started on acquiring rare loot. Who even has the time to extend a 70 hour game for 10 more hours in search for a very rare yet useless piece of equipment just to have it there?
>>
I can tell you one of the most painful to %100. Star Ocean 3.
>>
>>2279281
why yes, I did romance Kawakami in P5R
>>
>>2279367
never again
>>
>>2279587
>you are here
>>
I liked the first one the best. I don't think any game has captured that blend of dark quirky humor. They messed up a good formula as the series progressed shooting for the mainstream audience and Teen ratings.
>>
>>2276329
You 100% cleared Oblivion? Multiple times?
>>
>>2280699
I consider 100% oblivion to be getting all the achievements in one playthrough

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.