[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 14 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: stoneshard.jpg (152 KB, 1280x720)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
What are your thoughts on this, Anons?

Not really played anything like this before. Is it worth playing? I'm thinking about picking it up but I feel like I won't enjoy the permanent death aspect of it. Is there anything else remotely like it graphics wise/gamplay wise without perma death?
>>
>>2275884
>permanent death
You just reload back at the last bed you slept in. It's a nice little mid-/low-fantasy game with a bizarre array of stats and a charming artstyle.
Development has been very slow, but they look like they're getting there. Play the demo.
>>
a bit conflicted on it honestly. I've only beaten the first dungeon - albeit, multiple times with different builds - and had a decent time with it. my biggest issue is the bloat that many games within this older sphere of game design occupy. so much equipment with minimal upgrades, and the various skills that work in combination with one another to various ends that result in 'builds' with greater damage output, sure... but with no significant changes in the playstyle outside of selecting one series of 'combo' attacks over another. shallow complexity with little to no depth whatsoever dependent on what end of the skill tree you find yourself on. moreover, the design of the campaign itself is resplendent with mediocre designed environments (both aesthetically, and mechanically) that will remind you of those good ole games. topped with traversal progression similar to all the older games that it means to pay tribute to.

it wasn't fun to 'travel' through the villages of Balder's Gate, Icewind Dale, Arcanum, etc; all to interact with the same boorish NPCs that provide the same boorish dialog. Say what you will about Deus Ex' mechanics, visual representation, etc, but the reactivity the game provided, and the focused campaign itself was bereft of bloat, and was all the better for it. same for Thief, if one is willing to consider that an RPG to a certain respect, but I'm willing to leave it out of the argument. which is a shame, as I enjoy 'isometric' rpgs with turn-based combat with a decent amount of tactical depth and complexity.

its just that many genuinely think those older games were actually any good, and not just something we tolerated at the time. Stone Shard designs a whole game through these tolerances, as though they were something to look back upon fondly. all that being said, I'll probably play through the whole game eventually.
>>
Where does spearmint grow in 0.7? I'm level 6 and I have yet to see one. Also is it normal that I can't enter any building in brynn?
>>
>>2275884

Why is all art these days is the same unoriginal mobile game looking shit. Going down steam games you see the same colors, same style. Purple and orange are big ones. Must be the new blue and orange.
>>
>>2276412
have you even played the game?
>>
>>2275884
Absolutely great, waiting for full release or at least a big magic update to go back to playing it.
>>
>>2275884
>Grind the same 3 dungeons until you get strong enough to beat a troll and then the game ends
I'd wait until it's finished if I were you
>>
It is unplayable. Every update makes it mechanically shittier, with the single exception of no longer making the WORLD MAP occupy 4 percent of your already-smaller-than-Diablo-1 inventory. I regret the six American fiat points I spent on this game and the twenty hours of my life wasted on it.
>>
>>2275884
>still on early access
>dev is slowing down
yeah no. until they get their shit together i'll pirate the hell out of this fucking delayed game
>>
>>2275884
I've had this game in my library for a while but I'm waiting for it to be finished before delving into it. Why is it taking so long dammit...
>>
>>2275884
>early access that will never be finished
>pixel shit
Hard pass
>>
>>2275884
It’s pretty good. Too hard for gorilla niggas here.
>>
>>2276406
On the plains, iirc.
Shops in Brynn are slowly being added via patches.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.