[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 21 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: atelier.jpg (118 KB, 600x338)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
Favorite and least favorite Atelier heroines?
>>
The younger the better.
>>
I haven't played the 2D games. Of the 3D ones, my favorite is Totori and my least favorite Shallistera.
>>
File: Totori.png (1.47 MB, 1366x768)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB PNG
>>2272851
How come you like Totori so much?

The 2D games include the PS2 games. Weird era, that was. Hardcore Atelier fans hate it. Casuals love it. I'm pretty big into Atelier, but think all five games from the normie PS2 phase are good.
>>
>>2272963
I'm interested in playing all the first ten games, but I don't really feel like emulating them, looking for fan translations of the PS1 games and so on. I feel like we might be getting ports for the 25th anniversary so I'll wait.

As for Totori, I like her design a lot (though Ayesha is my favorite there) and I found her story really compelling. It showed me Atelier could have a heavier and more melancholic tone without sacrificing its comforting and more lighthearted aspects and Totori was a good protagonist to encapsulate that. She's naive and curious and often the butt of jokes, but she went and goes through her share of serious suffering that forces her to find her resolve and grow stronger. I liked that better than the pure comedy of a character like Rorona (whom I also love, but her role as a protagonist is way less nuanced) or others where it feels like the struggles aren't very trying and thus not too compelling to me like Ryza or Sophie. Shallistera does struggle, but I find her especially boring and it's compounded by Shallotte being a much more interesting and fun protagonist in the same game. I think Atelier in general lends itself well to a soothing atmosphere with a side of somberness.
>>
File: Vayne.jpg (112 KB, 1280x720)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>2272842
Vayne Aurelius>All Atelier FMC. The first Mana Khemia is heavily underrated when the Vayne Ending is one of the best Endings of the franchise
>>
>>2272842
Pic related.
Worst one probably Sophie.
>>
>>2272842
I've only played Ayesha and Sophie, so Ayesha is favourite and Sophie is least favourite
>>
File: ael-logy.jpg (219 KB, 1260x720)
219 KB
219 KB JPG
>>2272842
>heroines
Do not discriminate, Gust may be deathly afraid of doing male MCs ever again but they nailed them a couple times.
>>
>>2272842
I like Monika.
>>
File: DyEfFWzVAAAOmpM.jpg (365 KB, 1500x1500)
365 KB
365 KB JPG
>>2272842
>Favorite
Escha & Logy. Tho I probably should entire Dusk trilogy rather.
>least
Hard pick really, since I really enjoy all Atelier games. But I think I will go with Firis, didn't really enjoy unlocking new recipes and open world was kinda meh.

>>2273675
Same, I know Gust is mainly making games with female protags, but I honestly wouldn't mind getting Atelier game with male protag. Or maybe even with two protags - one male and one female again.
>>
>>2272842
>Favorite
Ayesha, Sophie, Green Shallie
>least favorite
Black Shallie
>>
>>2273491
>Goes chasing Felt when he doesn't hear about him for 2 weeks.
Its great, she starts at level 1 and uses a new battle theme. If you have broken accessories then its gonna be a cakewalk.
>>
>>2273002
NTA, but why isn't Ayesha your favorite? Out of the Dusk trilogy I've only finished her game but I thought its more serious tone compared to the Arland and Mysterious trilogies was very surprising, especially with the post-apocalyptic setting and real stakes for failure (even if the bad ending backpedals on the consequences).

The only negative I can say is I'm not too sure about the gear side of the item mechanics. Getting weapons and armor from enemy drops instead of making them yourself in an Atelier game is weird.
>>
>>2276417
Ayesha is my favorite game, I just like Totori better as a heroine which is what the OP specifically asked. Ayesha is a very nice character too though.
>>
>>2276420
Sorry, I lost the plot while typing that post. What I meant to ask was, what put Totori as a character above Ayesha as a character for you?
>>
File: 2020012612403300_s.jpg (208 KB, 1280x720)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
>>2276442
Ayesha is a bit more mature to begin with and kinda feels like she bumbles her way through things due to her airheadedness. It's endearing and it makes the moments where she drops the facade and acts more emotional feel more powerful, but on the whole she doesn't feel as out of her depth as Totori. It does work well within the context of Dusk as a whole because things get progressively more dire so her game still having a somewhat less urgent tone (also shown by her region being fairly green rather than barren) is appropriate, but it didn't make me feel as much for her as a result.
>>
>>2273002
I do find it pretty fun that sometimes Totori tries to be respectful and polite, but ends up saying something ridiculously tactless and devastates other people
>>
File: 80294842_p0.jpg (1.12 MB, 1449x2048)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB JPG
>>2272842
Not explicitly my favorites but I have to make an honorable mention of these two ksgks for salvaging the Mysterious trilogy.
>>
>>2272842
What game should I start with?
>>
>>2277043
Mana Khemia
>>
>>2277043
Any of the first games in the Mysterious, Dusk or Arland series are excellent places to start
>>
File: 2021070323555201_s.jpg (247 KB, 1280x720)
247 KB
247 KB JPG
>>2277039
The returning characters were also better in Lydie & Suelle, except for Liane who was turned into the worst character in all of Atelier.
>>
>>2277968
Not that anon but I'm debating which game to get but the dusk games are not on sale and I think the art style of them looks good. But I also want to play dragon quest xi. Too many turn-based rpgs .
>>
>>2273013
I agree with this Anon so I gonna say Vayne, my boi Vayne needs more love from the fans
>>
>>2278726
I have a soft spot for Vayne since Mana Khemia was my first game. And bonus points for one ending where he very unambiguously has several children with another party member.[\spoiler]

MK2 was a bit of a letdown by comparison, from what I can remember.
>>
>>2277043
Iris 3
>>
File: A8_Iris_2.jpg (656 KB, 1200x1600)
656 KB
656 KB JPG
>>2279628
Based.
Iris is my first vidya fap.
>>
>>2278503
man in terms of design Liane is near the top one, and my top pick for Mysterious but fuck they reduced her into whatever shit

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.