[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 21 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: MightAndMagic7Box.jpg (40 KB, 256x311)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
Honestly what's the best party comp? Is it:
1. druid, gets +50 to each stat GM alchemy
2. knight, MASSIVE loads of hit points, GM arms master and sword means you hit like a truck and can easily clear out the tunnels to giant land
3. ranger lord, only one to get gm axe which gives a chance to halve an opponents AC
4. priest. needed for light magic and body and spirit magic.
>>
Need at least an archer for master water magic for TP, probably want a sorcerer for Lloyd's Beacon. I like the classic KTCS lineup.
>>
>>2272613
I usually go KACS lineup for a bit of extra magic. You don't get GM armsmaster until you get to land of the giants but you can always get there invisible.
>>
>1. druid, gets +50 to each stat GM alchemy
Loot and buy the potions -> the only selling point of Druid is moot.

>2. knight
Yes.

>and sword
No, spear.

>3. ranger lord, only one to get gm axe
Have fun with your atrocious recovery.

>which gives a chance to halve an opponents AC
Which becomes a non-issue real quick, you hit things about 80-85% of the time by the endgame.

>4. priest.
Yes.

>needed for light magic
What for? Buffs? You can get them from pedestals, scrolls or even just casting them with your Li... I mean Archmage. The difference between 1 day and 4 days of duration is irrelevant, and while getting larger resistance bonuses is nice it's nowhere near crucial.
But I guess Priests of Light really do have nothing better to sink skill points into.

>and body and spirit magic.
Telepathy is also fairly useful. Remove Fear is going to be a frequent spell. Cure Paralysis and Cure Insanity are also rather useful. Although all can be substituted with scrolls or just TPing to a temple.
>>
>>2272665
>You don't get GM armsmaster until you get to land of the giants
And you don't REALLY need it before Eeofol.
>>
Although to actually answer the question I need to ask my own: best at what? Least tedium, all bases covered, powerful damage dealers? Then the KACS guy is right. Maximized bullshit and cackling? LLLL. You haven't truly lived until you've put 4 Sharpmetals on quick cast and held S until everything before you turns into a fine mist.
>>
>>2272613
>definition of "best"

Skip Master Air Magic. Only learn up to expert, or none at all. No fly-spell hireling. In fact, skip the Town Portal/Beacon spells too.

Makes the game so much more kino since you can't just cheat your way directly to the end.
>>
File: peasants.png (548 KB, 640x480)
548 KB
548 KB PNG
>>2273328
The peasants of Harmondale fear their gods, for they know that sin results in Meteor Showers.
>>
>>2273355
>only works outdoors
>by the time they fall down some targets might have even moved out of the area
>mediocre damage scaling
Meteor Shower is the most overrated spell in the game.
>>
>four dragons party in VIII
I miss those games, I miss them deeply. The formula is basically perfect, just make another in nice graphics and keep the artstyle.
>>
Think my last party was Cleric, Druid, Sorcerer, Thief. It's a good time.
>>
>>2273328
Haha I always had shrapmetal on quick cast as well. Usually jump on my archer too, glad to see a might and magic thread for once.
>>
>>2273439
I missed having hirelings in VIII, I guess I always had the trainer and the banker anyway but it added a little something to the citizenry.
>>
>>2273682
I'm sucker for more "savage" and "untamed" settings like VIII has, including party members. Vampires, liches, minotaurs, trolls, motherfucking dragons, it was such a great game. Shame more games are not doing this and instead go with muh elves, dwarves and humans.
>>
>>2273687
I really liked the Dagger Wound Islands and Ravage Roaming, as much as I liked VII the world was a bit bland.
>>
>>2273718
>Ravage Roaming
top notch music theme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVzwbfY1FmM
>>
How's that mm6, 7 to 8 mod nowadays? I remember trying that out yearly this year but hit some game stopping bug in mm6 and lost interest.
>>
>>2273757
There is a great mod that merge them all together and allows you to play with a single party. Also upgrades visuals of all three games to 8's standards.
>>
>>2273758
Yes I know, that's what I'm talking about. But is it still being worked on and bug free? Anyone here played/finished campaigns with it?
>>
>>2273761
I've played through VII and VIII with zero issues about a year ago.
>>
>>2273762
That's good, maybe I'll give it another go. This thread kind of makes me want to go back to m&m.
>>
Looks like mmerge got an update in july. Now I just have to figure out which game I want to replay first.
>>
>>2272613
MMMS is super effective
>>
>>2272613
Party comp doesn't matter. Its the easiest might and magic game out of 6-8. You do not even have to kill the strongest enemies in the game, titans and dragons. I hurried up and finished the game when I got the bug where my GM skills were broke. Then again it was useless cause armor stat is useless in these games late game.
>>
>>2272613
with the merge mod it really doesn't matter what party comp you have you can finish the game with anything
or you can just swap/get hirelings if you want
>>
>>2274031
Merge mod is garbage. It's buggy as hell and totally destroys the balance of the game.
>>
>>2274981
I had multiple crashes in VI, I think you can disable weather effects which you should because the snow is unbearable. I just went back to the originals.
>>
>>2275046
I had similar problems, among others. I played them about a year ago, had those issues and just went with the OG from GOG, which worked fine. Needed a keybind tweak mod for 6, though, cause that's a little hard to deal with after having grown up on 7.

In general, the only way I see anyone having fun with the merge mod is just so they could pick out favorite/op characters from different games, mix it up and just plow through the game with little effort. I suppose I'm more of a purist when it comes to this kind of thing.
>>
File: romero.jpg (20 KB, 300x300)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>2273754
I know he's not really underrated/unknown amongst losers like us and Eastern Europeans, but it's sad how this guy gets nowhere near the recognition that other game musicians get.

Christ, in 94-95 most everyone else was still doing beep boop whatever shit and this madman unleashed opera singers on the Heroes 2 soundtrack.
>>
>>2275413
His youtube channel is peak comfy. He is also quite the shitposter, good stuff. But yeah you are right that he is criminally underrated.
>>
>>2275595
Also I gotta admit
>I'm Eastern European
>>
>>2274981
brainlet shit take
>balance
lmao literally hundreds of ways to break vanilla, quarter of which was fixed in the merge and still has continuous support from devs
basically stop falseflagging retard
>>
>>2275061
>>2275046
>bugs
considering the scope and what the mod represents, combining three separate games on 1 engine it works decent from start to finish, you can go through each game's main quest with minimal issues
it's literally 1 guy in a basement and a few other volunteers doing it for free, if you want to contribute anything other than a shitpost you know how to contact the developer on the forums
>>
>>2272613
>Honestly what's the best party comp?
c'mon /vrpg/, what is the consensus?
it's hard for me to believe in OPs partycomp, because druids in MnM were always only good for sucking major dick, and rangers always had similar talents as well
>>
>>2275851
I think it’s awesome what he’s done, I just take crashes into consideration when deciding what version to play, it’s just not for me. Yeeesh.
>>
>>2276007
Sorcerer
Sorcerer
Cleric
Cleric

Rush to both master air and water with each sorc for Fly and Town Portal, clerics to soak slightly more damage and keep party alive, spam the hell out of whichever damage spells you prefer from light or dark once you get them, suffer some during super-early game and the mines in Bracada (but not too much because your buffs from all schools should make up the difference in weapon skills and survivability)
>>
>>2273687
It's all fun until you come to Alvar and see that minotaur casting Elemental spells. Race as class was a terrible decision.
>>
>>2274013
How can VIII be possibly harder in any way?
>>
>>2276531
there's ways to screw yourself in 8 if you don't know what you're doing, but even then it's a fairly short game
>>
>>2275881
If all you care about is "the best", then something like this
>>2276416
You could do 1 Cleric and 3 Sorcerers, but the underlying point is still the same... Cleric and Sorcerer are the best classes in the game, Sorcerer especially once they get some good spells.
>>
>>2276416
Or you could use that exploity modpack which allows you to run 6 and 7 on 8's engine, so you can have 5 party members.
>>
>>2278394
>so you can have 5 party members.
Pretty much the main reason why I wouldn't use that mod pack, since I don't trust myself and the temptation, tbqh. I enjoy playing the games how they were meant to be played.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (520 KB, 800x600)
520 KB
520 KB PNG
Think you're tough Might and Magic veterans?
I dare you to face real challenge.
>>
>>2278490
I did finish it once. It's a shame the storyline is so utterly retarded and you really can see the shoestring budget. Combat is fine in this game though, and I liked the idea of many schools of magic boosting spells in a different way.
>>
>>2276416
>>2278364
if we are talking pure mm7 and no merge mod, SSCC or SSSC would be good for a dark side powergaming style playthrough, but definitely not first time through where you dont know how to break the game. also the lack of a tanky character is annoying earlygame.
the best no fuss party would be KCSX, where X would be a melee character for light side and a S/C for dark side. knights are obscenely good in 7. hour of power/dotg/dop and you lawnmower everyone, fuck magic. pure caster light side would blow, but dark is a different story.
>>
AHA!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-qxU0MJNhA
>>
>>2278490
I can't get over the new world. It was the biggest mistake devs ever did, gib back Erathia/Enroth/Jadame.
>>
Going unga-bunga partry with minimal magic/no dragons in 6-7-8 is pretty fun, what's game and party everyone currently running?
>>
>>2281646
Just finished VIII again with two knights, dark elf, cleric and necro. There is something nice about just whacking things with swords but lack of armsmaster in VI makes it difficult there.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.