[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 43 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: EYq9NdAXYAAJq4Z.jpg (209 KB, 1280x720)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
Well?
>>
from a gamplay view law route is best (slaughter the innocents)
but I can't take denim seriously as a hero after going along with a war crime, especially since he and his sister suffered through one as kids
unpopular opinion, but neutral is actually my favourite route but it cucks you in terms of recruitable characters (it shits on denim even harder than when he goes along with genocide wtf)
>>
>>2272452
you get more characters than you need anyway and neutral is the only route that's even vaguely fair to Kachua
>>
>>2272184
I understand.
>>
Go ahead with the false flag. If the Walister are too complacent to fight back before it's too late then they must learn the hard way.
>>
File: Chadenam.png (1.8 MB, 848x952)
1.8 MB
1.8 MB PNG
>>2272184
From a Character POV doing the Law made zero sense, also Vyce is a little bitch that don't deserves a happy ending or being a hero.
And Denim is beyond based in Chaos.
>>
My first playthrough was focused solely on saving Catiua.
>>
File: Ravness.jpg (1.06 MB, 2700x3400)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB JPG
>>2272184
Law, route is the most fun, most interesting story wise, and Chaos/Neutral are just fucking lame. Also my halfbreed wife can only be recruited in Law route.
>>
>>2273046
Chaos is based is literally you vs. The whole continent and won
>>
>>2273046
I pity you. You look on the world and see only avarice and greed. You are prisoner and gaoler, held hostage by your own base desires. It is within you to free yourself, if only your pride would let you. Instead you lead your fellows to their doom.
>>
If the PSP version had individual character levels instead of job based levels it would be better than FFT for me.
>>
>>2273051
NTA but yeah, you're right
>>
File: Update_036_0023.png (122 KB, 480x272)
122 KB
122 KB PNG
>image don't doing chaos and losing Leonar vs Denam KINO
>>
>>2273051
>>2273081
Chaos is literally Proto FFT, not that it's bad but I could just play FFT for the whole "me vs the world" Law makes it actually feel like a war, like the battles have some reason for taking place.
>>
File: 1501251887631.jpg (62 KB, 750x690)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>2273046
yes yes, very good wife, very good
HOWEVER
>>
>>2273260
>Chaos is literally Proto FFT
No,Ramza is not even half as based as Chaos Denam >>2273151
>>
The sister makes this game shit
>>
played this game early this year, loved every second, whenever i have the time i'll give it another run, whats the most fun party? in terms of jobs
>>
>>2274131
no more than one unit per class
1 dragon + 1 beast (octopi are godtier)
ninja for ignoring height difference and getting behind enemy archers to fuck up the back lines
dark knight cause they're fucking cool
the rest is up to you
>>
I always get the urge to replay this game, but fuck if it isn't EXTREMELY tedious in a lot of ways.

Any fan patches to make the more tedious parts less of a drag? Like increasing skill gains, crafting faster or making leveling new classes not a slog?
>>
>>2274216
I just used cheats in the emulator to boost EXP gain and craft rates. I've heard there's a mod called One Vision that rebalances a bunch of things, but I haven't tried it personally.
>>
>>2274273
Gotcha. Ill give it a shot. The game is stupid long if you want to do all the routes and everything, which just makes sense honestly with the time travel like system.
>>
>>2274273
I've tried One Vision, can recommend it.

I did a playthrough on based Chaos route, just rushing the main story with no grinding and it was good fun.
>>
>>2274131
If you've unlocked a lot of classes you haven't used, it's fun to use them all on NG+ so you can level them all up simultaneously.
>>
File: 14359954.jpg (234 KB, 721x1155)
234 KB
234 KB JPG
>>2272184
Probably one of the easiest choices of my life.
>>
>>2274216
play snes version its much more comfy
than garbage psp remake
>>
>>2274627
Snes version is bullshit.
Tried it and damn it was unfair as fuck.
Glad the remake fixed it.
>>
>>2275672
>Unfair
It's more broken than the remake because you can do dumb shit like having a swordmaster with petrify spells that never miss and full power summons.
If you got filtered then you probably didn't stack enough damage and whatever stat that governs hit rate.
>>
I tried playing both this and xenogears and bro....these are the only two games i'm considering just dropping and watching a playthrough instead.
>>
>>2274273
One Vision is literally the only rebalance mod that I would ever recommend to a first time player. It's legitimately just a better version of the game. Nerfing Ozma and making Lord more versatile but less powerful are the only debatable choices in the entire hack, and the hack is fucking huge.
>>
>>2276299
>the only debatable choices in the entire hack
but every single time it gets brought up I see some people complain about the rebalanced healers making fights a grindfest
>>
>>2276408
???

Healing is hard nerfed. It's rarer, and revive spells straight up don't exist, specifically to avoid the grind of high level fights where every single character can shit out free HP.
>>
>>2276427
Really? Magic healing felt underpowered in base TO, whereas item healing was strong but the AI rarely used it because they didn't have the appropriate passive to let them use the higher tier items.
The only times enemy healing were notable was that one battle against a high level Terror Knight surrounded by Clerics, and the Chapter 4 battle against Tartaros if he gets the rank 3 defence boost.
>>
>>2276446
I'm more referring to post-game, when everyone has everything.
>>
>>2276427
Revive spells don't exist anymore but rebalanced healers in the new patch are insane. They're quite bulky and their heals can easily turn the tides in battle
>>
>>2276718
Ah, that might be it, I haven't played in a couple years.
>>
File: 1596401353254.jpg (174 KB, 834x693)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
>>2274577
>>2273046
Ah, I see you are men of culture as well.
>>
>>2273046
>>2274577
>>2276743
I don't WANT to slaughter innocents but I also want best girl....
>>
>>2276743
>>2274577
>>2273046
Does he actually get to hook up with her or it's just anons waifufagging.
>>
>>2276778
They are literally waifufaggots the only reason that people choose Law is because Ravness and Ozma
>>
>>2276887
Ravness and Ozma, in addition to being very cute, are both great units, and there's no reason to complete Chaos or Neutral without them when you can take them back with the wonderful power of WORLD
>>
>>2272184
I don't like who Vyce immediately becomes evil if you choose Chaos when the game presents the Law option as horrifying but "ends justify the means" type pragmatic decision.
>>
>>2276299
Unless it fixes the Terror Knight's abysmal speed, fuck it.
>>
File: 1634332515961.gif (2.47 MB, 317x320)
2.47 MB
2.47 MB GIF
>>2276892
it really needed the build-up. It only makes sense after the fact and with all the extra story shit, like learning that Vyce was raised by a deadbeat drunk dad whose only refuge in life was with the Pavel family and how much he seethed over but ultimately envied Denam, it doesn't help that he devolves into a slobbering fucking psycho monster right on the spot either, his crazy face portrait shouldn't have kicked in until at least much later in the Chaos route
>>
>>2276887
>>2276891
You also get Vyce in Law, so thats a potential Holy Knight, Temple Knight, and a a Ranger. Chaos has decent recruits like the sisters, and Cressida but nothing as good as Ozma, Ravness, and Vyce.

Plus yeah, its a lot more unique narrative.
>>
>>2272184
Fuck this game.
>Masacre everyone.
>My best healer Prancett goes along with it.
>Some bitch with a bow talks to him.
>All his loyalty drops to zero.
>Leaves right there on the spot.
Also fuck it's long ass multichapter dungeon.
>>
>>2276952
>like learning that Vyce was raised by a deadbeat drunk dad whose only refuge in life was with the Pavel family and how much he seethed over but ultimately envied Denam
...is that a fucking JoJo reference?
>>
>>2276968
bow's pussy game strong
>>
>>2276952
No it needed to not happen. It weakens the story when the game treats you one way if you do teh law route but then has Vyce wildly change character.

It's bad writing
>>
>>2276963
>You also get Vyce in Law
Vyce can go to fuck himself
>>
>>2277100
Yeah, not letting that dweeb near my sister-wife.
>>
>>2273046
>>2274577
poor mans agrias sorry.

>>2273372
excellent taste!
>>
>>2276778
Denim has a canon love interest with the blue sister
>>
I was promised like 20 fucking more games of tactic ogres, where are they square?

They are not even in chronological order, we skipped like 4 chapters between the Lancelot one and this one
>>
>>2278342
Man Knight of Lodis gets so little respect.
Played it before LuCT and was damn fun.
>>
>>2278382
The final battle is fucking clusterfuck and also needing to beat the game in 24:59 hrs or less to see the true ending is a shit mechanic considering that Cutscenes can't be jumped
>>
File: Ravness1.jpg (354 KB, 600x888)
354 KB
354 KB JPG
>>2277483
She's not really anything like Agrias except for being a female Knight
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (156 KB, 1280x720)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
>>2278342
what little remains of the team that last worked on anything Ogre is stuck on FFXIV and I dont even think matsuno sadly gave that much of a shit to begin with, especially after jolning (then retiring from) Square. Most of the Ogre nods in XIV weren't even his idea but rather other ex-Ogre team members
>>
>>2278485
I'm obsessed enough with TO that it makes me want to play FFXIV.
>>
Law route is better overall, but the best Denam is the Chaos one, and after playing with a Based Chaos Denam the Lawful one feels less somehow even if the route in general is better.
>>
>>2278342
Matsuno is an unpleasant person to work with and every studio hates him.
>>
Why is slaughtering innocents considered 'Lawful' and not doing that 'Chaos'? If anything it should be the other way around since Denam's prior characterization would make it out of character for him to slaughter is fellow countrymen.
>>
>>2276449
I don't think anyone played the post game. Most people who are not either completely obsessed with the game, only bought this game and have nothing else to do, or are autistic get to floor like 30 of PotD and then just give up because it makes no sense and they're grinding for nothing.
To say nothing about the fact that you have to do it twice...
>>
I played the psp version and hated it.
/blog
>>
>>2279410
>Why is slaughtering innocents considered 'Lawful' and not doing that 'Chaos'?
"Lawful" means following the laws or rules folllowing orders is considered Lawful, rejecting orders and becoming a outcast rebel is Chaos
>>
>>2279410
Because it's LAWFUL not NICEFUL
>>
>>2272452
>I can't take denim seriously as a hero after going along with a war crime, especially since he and his sister suffered through one as kids
victims often repeat their abuse.
>>
>>2278342
>we’ll never get to see the remaining episodes of the saga
Bros…
>>
>>2276952
This game hyped me up so much that when I beat it I immediately started a second run- but then dropped the game entirely because I couldn't fucking believe the sad sack of shit puppydog fucking face Vyce makes when you decide to murder everyone. I literally just spent 60 hours with him acting like a frothing-at-the-mouth retard and then suddenly he's just a little hurt cherub saint. Couldn't fucking believe it
Took me two years to touch this fuckin game again after that.

>>2276995
Yes. If only Jonathan put on the mask we would've probably had Hamon Dio regrettably chasing him down
>>
>>2280974
>If only Jonathan put on the mask we would've probably had Hamon Dio regrettably chasing him down
Now I want this.
>>
>>2278583
Whats the other sets in 14? Terror Knight, Wizard, and Rune Fencer?
>>
>>2276299
>rebalance mod
>makes no cost aoes that nukes everyone in one hit
get this overrated piece of shit mod out the way modder have no clue about balance
>>
>>2280979
>Now I want this.
He should still be a charismatic, confident dick, though.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.