[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1636681673494.png (236 KB, 480x413)
236 KB
236 KB PNG
I just want a game with the sheer endless scope of Daggerfall with half-modern graphics, good gameplay and radiant quests.

Is that too much to ask?
>>
Asking for good gameplay in an open world game is itself a bit of a stretch.
>>
>>2267790
Good gameplay doesn't fit with either scope of Daggerfall or radiant quests
>>
>>2267790
Cataclysm DDA is for you then. Also, Darklands.
>>
>>2267790
>>>/v/
>>
>>2267790
Wayward Realms is sort of aiming for that. Comming out sometime next decade, I'd guess.
>>
>>2267790
There's Elona+ and frogcomposchengband

and C:DDA I guess
>>
>>2268013
>>2270307
Even DFU looks better than CDDA
>>
>people actually asking for radiant quests
what is wrong with you
>>
>>2267790
I dropped every procedurally-generated game I played. They were all very dull.
>>
>>2267790
what would you deem to be 'good combat' anon?
>>
>>2270258
>Comming out
Lol. Lmao
>>
>>2267790
>Is that too much to ask?
Yes, it is.
The modern game industry can't even wipe its own ass right, you think they can make something actually ambitious like that?
Your only hope is a team of dedicated indie devs doing it for you. Alternatively, doing it yourself.
>>
>>2267790
Outer Wilds. Also, Daggerfall's scope doesn't matter when its depth is shallower than my grandma's piss on the floor.
>>
>>2267790
Julian LeFay and other old DF developers are making a DF-Like, forgot the name though
>>
>>2273817
as long as you're not talking about OuterWorlds, fuck that game; I've not played Daggerfall, but OuterWorlds is a fucking joke.
>>
>>2267790
Why do you like radiant quests?
>>
>>2274699
Who said anything about Outer Worlds? That one is peak tranny retardation. Obsidian should be purged after they made that ugly shit game.
>>
>>2274676
You mean "The Wayward Realms"? I'm not really expecting much, but I'm carefully optimistic maybe they will do something good. So far, all they have to show for it is a teaser which doesn't show us much outside of Shrek and Donkey:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HWsSEnGZhg

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.