[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Caius_Render_FFXIII-2.png (1.52 MB, 1300x2164)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB PNG
Why does every Final Fantasy thread always boil down to
>2 BAD
>8 BAD
>13 BAD
>15 BAD
>>
>>2181692
Because that's the consensus among the majority of us that have played them all. Your mileage may vary.
>>
>>2181692
They hate them because they are bad. Except 8, they hate it because it wasn't 7-2.
>>
>>2181735
>Your mileage may vary.
You have to go back.
>>
>>2181692
t. contrarian
>>
2 and 13 are alright. 8 and 15 do actually suck though.
>>
I might as well ask, what was Caius' deal anyway? Was he really willing to destroy everything over one girl or was I missing something?
>>
>>2181692
8 sucks, get over it
>>
8 can be redeemed if R=U though
>>
>>2181928
Fag
>>
>>2181692
is 12 any good?
almost never hear it get talked about
>>
>>2182170
only if you forget to take your meds
>>
>>2182197
It's a very different beast. For me, I personally love the setting but the combat is a bit bland. It feels a bit too hands off for my tastes. For most combat, you just set up your allies' ai then let them follow it while you control one character. And the game's pace is much slower than othrr FFs (the rerelease even has a dedicated fast forward button). It can be fun in a kinda zen relaxing way, but not my go to when I want something more active.
>>
>>2182197
It is pretty bland in almost every aspect that matters. Not even the music is noteworthy.
People that like it just like it because it isnt related to nomura, so they pretend the game is deep, mature and not anime cringe. But the game is just plain boring.
>>
XII is good, just too slow paced. The fast forward feature helps improve the gameplay pacing but the story is still dragged out.

Still a great world with nice gameplay systems and tons of content. Oh and the best script in the series.
>>
File: my-image(1).png (182 KB, 1064x463)
182 KB
182 KB PNG
>>2181692
It is mostly just NPCs that havent played the games and just repeat opinion someone else says.
None of those games are that bad, however i completely get why would people dislike them, but the way they talk about them sounds like they never played at all.
FF8 for example, theres a lot to like but all is just "BUT MUH DRAW LOL IS SO SLOW LOL SO EASY TO BREAK". FF13 is also "MUH LINEAR HALLWAYS MUH AUTOBATTLE" except this stops being case halfway through the game, and the problem with the game isnt the linear hallways. The problem is that EVERYTHING is linear. Customization, story and level design, so theres nothing to get invested on. However FF13 has very strong points. The music is fantastic, the graphics are pretty, the battle system later gets really fun and has some cool concepts in the story. But again you dont read this because people just havent played it and just focus on the wrong stuff because they dont have anything else to say.

Once you play a lot of FF games, real opinions start to come out. People may easily call some so told "good" FF bad and those so called "bad" FF not that bad.
>>
>>2181692
Because insecure faggots need a constant validation of their subjective opinions. Every single Final Fantasy game is someone's favourite and someone else's least favourite in the series, and that's to be expected from a franchise, where the main gimmick is, and has always been, "Let's make something different next time". Unfortunately they did it only 15 fucking times in a row, so it might not be enough for some to see the pattern.
>>
>>2181692
Why does accumulating opinions of a large group of superfans reach the consensus? These games are just objectively worse than the others.
>>
easy /vrpg/ is the worst /v/ board.
>>
>>2183188
Keep saying that, one day you will believe in it yourself.
>>
>>2183201
name me a worse board. /vrpg/ is actually dogshit garbage.
>>
>>2183207
/vrpg/ is the second best /v/ board after /vst/ and anybody who can not see that has borderline brain damage. Retro is ok on a good day.
>>
>>2183215
l m a o
nope
>/v/ better than vrpg
>/vm/ better than vrpg
>/vr/ better than vrpg
>/vst/ better than vrpg
>/vmg/ better than vrpg
>/vg/ honestly equal with vrpg
>>
>>2183224
The only problem that /vrpg/ has is that faggots like you are around, leave and it might overtake /vst/
>>
>>2183233
Oh NOOOO not my board culture for an already shitty garbage board noooo
>>
>>2183238
well at least you will kill yourself soon anyway
>>
>>2183247
Are you going to be the one to do it?
>>
>>2181692
>Why does every Final Fantasy thread always boil down to

because people are autistic and want the same shit served to them every couple years. Anything that breaks that cycle is "bad".
>>
>>2182152
he wanted to save Yeul by preventing the timeline being corrected by Serah and Noel...so yeah he was willing to let everything fall apart for her.
>>
>>2181692
Because negative thoughts are characteristic of Asperger's Syndrome.
>>
File: my-image-2.png (291 KB, 1140x558)
291 KB
291 KB PNG
>>2181692

If you disagree you are WRONG.
>>
>>2185859
Are you perhaps color blind?
>>
>>2185889

Nah because red it badass, fuck green
>>
I hate discussing this series. Everyone's gotta shit on everyone else's favorite game even though they're all generally great.
>>
I just finished 2 the other day, I used to think 8 was the worst but now given that as how bad things can be I appreciate 8 more. My opinion on 8 is a bit skewed, the story is meh but I loved the soundtrack more that 7 or 10. The big issue was the draw system, but after getting cactuar it became much easier. The first time through I didn't draw any GFs and restarted, on my second time through I knew what I was doing and just grinded at the beginning. I used to say it was terrible at a 5/10 but after playing 2 I would say the game is mediocre and a bit confusing and would put it at a 6/10.
>>
>>2182170
R=U is canon in my head and I love 8
>>
>>2183207
/vp/

>>2181692
Because /v/ spills over here and you cannot physically discuss certain games there without autism shitfights.
>>
>>2181692
Not sure if this is the best place to ask but when does FFX start getting fun? The start of the game is so slow and tedious, but i really wanna like it.
>>
>>2186764
Yep
>>
>>2192715
The start of the game is my favorite part, it's really a unique atmosphere and a well paced introduction. If you don't like that, I'm not sure what you're looking for.
>>
>>2192756
Don‘t get me wrong, the beginning does a great job in setting up the atmosphere and the presentation is amazing, it‘s just a bit of a slog to get through gameplay-wise. The issue may be that i‘m just a bit burnt-out on jrpgs lately and need to get back to it at some other point, but i don‘t know for sure.
>>
>>2181692
2 and 8 are known pleb filters that make reddit seethe.
13 and especially 15 are god-awful.
>>
>>2192715
>when does FFX start getting fun?
ffx-2.
>>
File: DQTgNwdUMAASP1H.jpg (150 KB, 1200x675)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
I actually really like 2.
>>
>>2192967
Hypocrite

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.